Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: INI1
Description: SWI/SNF related, matrix associated, actin dependent regulator of chromatin, subfamily b, member 1
Alias: BAF47, CSS3, INI1, MRD15, PPP1R144, RDT, RTPS1, SNF5, SNF5L1, SWNTS1, Sfh1p, Snr1, hSNFS, SWI/SNF-related matrix-associated actin-dependent regulator of chromatin subfamily B member 1, BRG1-associated factor 47, SNF5 homolog, SWI/SNF-related matrix-associated protein, hSNF5, integrase interactor 1 protein, malignant rhabdoid tumor suppressor, protein phosphatase 1, regulatory subunit 144, sucrose nonfermenting, yeast, homolog-like 1
Publications226 found, 100 shown here
- Inhibition of HIV-1 virion production by a transdominant mutant of integrase interactor 1E Yung
Department of Molecular Genetics, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, New York, USA
Nat Med 7:920-6. 2001Integase interactor 1 (INI1), also known as hSNF5, is a protein that interacts with HIV-1 integrase...
- A masked NES in INI1/hSNF5 mediates hCRM1-dependent nuclear export: implications for tumorigenesisErrol Craig
Department of Molecular Genetics, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, New York, NY 10461, USA
EMBO J 21:31-42. 2002INI1 (integrase interactor 1)/hSNF5 is a component of the mammalian SWI/SNF complex and a tumor suppressor mutated in malignant rhabdoid tumors (MRT)...
- Specificity of interaction of INI1/hSNF5 with retroviral integrases and its functional significanceEric Yung
Department of Molecular Genetics, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, New York, New York 10461, USA
J Virol 78:2222-31. 2004Integrase interactor 1 (INI1)/hSNF5 is a host factor that directly interacts with human immunodeficiency virus type 1 (HIV-1) integrase and is incorporated into HIV-1 virions...
- Alterations in the SMARCB1 (INI1) tumor suppressor gene in familial schwannomatosisC Boyd
Department of Neurology, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA, USA
Clin Genet 74:358-66. 2008..is a third major form of neurofibromatosis that has recently been linked to mutations in the SMARCB1 (hSnf5/INI1) tumor suppressor gene...
- Chromatin dynamics associated with HIV-1 Tat-activated transcriptionRebecca Easley
The George Washington University Medical Center, Department of Microbiology, Immunology, and Tropical Medicine, Washington, DC 20037, USA
Biochim Biophys Acta 1799:275-85. 2010..Finally, we cover recent literature on viral microRNAs which have been shown to alter chromatin structure by inducing methylation or even by remodeling nucleosomes...
- The role of INI1 and the SWI/SNF complex in the development of rhabdoid tumors: meeting summary from the workshop on childhood atypical teratoid/rhabdoid tumorsJaclyn A Biegel
Department of Pediatrics, Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
Cancer Res 62:323-8. 2002..A detailed summary of the discussions regarding diagnostic studies and the roles for radiation therapy, chemotherapy, and bone marrow or stem cell transplant in the treatment of rhabdoid tumors will be published separately...
- Reconstitution of a core chromatin remodeling complex from SWI/SNF subunitsM L Phelan
Department of Molecular Biology, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston 02114, USA
Mol Cell 3:247-53. 1999..The addition of INI1, BAF155, and BAF170 to BRG1 increases remodeling activity to a level comparable to that of the whole hSWI/SNF ..
- Schwannomatosis associated with multiple meningiomas due to a familial SMARCB1 mutationCostanza Bacci
Medical Genetics Unit, Department of Clinical Physiopathology, University of Florence, Florence, Italy
Neurogenetics 11:73-80. 2010..RNA studies verified the absence of mRNA transcribed by the mutant allele. This is the first report of a SMARCB1 germline mutation in a family with schwannomatosis characterized by the development of multiple meningiomas...
- SNF5 reexpression in malignant rhabdoid tumors regulates transcription of target genes by recruitment of SWI/SNF complexes and RNAPII to the transcription start site of their promotersYasumichi Kuwahara
Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC 27599, USA
Mol Cancer Res 11:251-60. 2013Malignant rhabdoid tumor (MRT), a highly aggressive cancer of young children, displays inactivation or loss of the hSNF5/INI1/SMARCB1 gene, a core subunit of the SWI/SNF chromatin-remodeling complex, in primary tumors and cell lines...
- INI1 expression induces cell cycle arrest and markers of senescence in malignant rhabdoid tumor cellsBritta S Reincke
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, South Carolina 29425, USA
J Cell Physiol 194:303-13. 2003The INI1 gene, which encodes a functionally uncharacterized protein component of the hSWI/SNF chromatin remodeling complex, is often mutated or deleted in malignant rhabdoid tumor (MRT)...
- Germline mutation of INI1/SMARCB1 in familial schwannomatosisTheo J M Hulsebos
Department of Neurogenetics, Academic Medical Center, University of Amsterdam, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Am J Hum Genet 80:805-10. 2007..We report an inactivating germline mutation in exon 1 of the tumor-suppressor gene INI1 in a father and daughter who both had schwannomatosis...
- Mutation of the INI1 gene in composite rhabdoid tumor of the endometriumLudvik R Donner
Department of Pathology, Scott and White Memorial Hospital and Clinic, Scott, Sherwood and Brindley Foundation, Texas A and M University Health Science Center College of Medicine, Temple, TX 76508, USA
Hum Pathol 38:935-9. 2007..Pediatric rhabdoid tumors are characterized by the inactivation of the hSNF5/INI1/SMARCB1 gene, with subsequent loss of expression of the protein...
- Intact INI1 gene region with paradoxical loss of protein expression in AT/RT: implications for a possible novel mechanism associated with absence of INI1 protein immunoreactivityChan Yen Tsai
Institute of Microbiology and Immunology, National Yang Ming University, Taiwan
Am J Surg Pathol 36:128-33. 2012..relies primarily on the morphologic assessment and immunostaining of a few known markers, such as the lack of INI1 protein expression...
- Epithelioid malignant peripheral nerve sheath tumor arising in a schwannoma, in a patient with "neuroblastoma-like" schwannomatosis and a novel germline SMARCB1 mutationJodi M Carter
Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathology, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Canada
Am J Surg Pathol 36:154-60. 2012..Subsequent genetic evaluation revealed the presence of a novel germline mutation in the SMARCB1/INI1 gene in the patient and in 3 of her children, 2 of whom were diagnosed with atypical teratoid/rhabdoid tumors of ..
- Inhibition of early stages of HIV-1 assembly by INI1/hSNF5 transdominant negative mutant S6Jennifer Cano
Department of Genetics, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY 1046, USA
J Virol 85:2254-65. 2011INI1/hSNF5 is an HIV-1 integrase (IN) binding protein specifically incorporated into virions...
- Chromatin remodeling factor encoded by ini1 induces G1 arrest and apoptosis in ini1-deficient cellsKeisuke Ae
Division of Molecular Genetics, National Institute of Infectious Diseases, Gakuen 4 7 1, Musashimurayama, Tokyo 208 0011, Japan
Oncogene 21:3112-20. 2002Ini1/hsnf5 gene encodes INI1 protein, a chromatin remodeling factor associated with the SWI/SNF complex. In yeast, this complex modifies chromatin condensation to coactivate various transcriptional factors...
- Cellular co-factors of HIV-1 integrationBénédicte Van Maele
Molecular Virology and Gene Therapy, Molecular Medicine, KULAK and K U Leuven, Kapucijnenvoer 33 3000 Leuven, Flanders, Belgium
Trends Biochem Sci 31:98-105. 2006..Although a direct role in integration has only been demonstrated for LEDGF/p75, to date, each validated cellular co-factor for HIV-1 integration could constitute a promising new target for antiviral therapy...
- Human SNF5/INI1, a component of the human SWI/SNF chromatin remodeling complex, promotes nucleotide excision repair by influencing ATM recruitment and downstream H2AX phosphorylationAlo Ray
Department of Radiology, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
Mol Cell Biol 29:6206-19. 2009..Here, we show that the human SWI/SNF component human SNF5 (hSNF5) interacts with UV damage recognition factor XPC and colocalizes with XPC at the damage site...
- Rapid and phosphoinositol-dependent binding of the SWI/SNF-like BAF complex to chromatin after T lymphocyte receptor signalingK Zhao
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Department of Developmental Biology, Stanford University, California 94305 5323, USA
Cell 95:625-36. 1998..This work indicates that membrane signals control the activity of the mammalian SWI/SNF or BAF complex and demonstrates a direct interface between signaling and chromatin regulation...
- Integrase interactor 1 (Ini1/hSNF5) is a repressor of basal human immunodeficiency virus type 1 promoter activityAnnette Boese
Institut Pasteur Korea, 696 Sampyeong dong, Bundang gu, Seongnam si, Gyeonggi do 463 400, Republic of Korea
J Gen Virol 90:2503-12. 2009Integrase interactor 1 (Ini1/hSNF5/BAF47/SMARCB1), the core subunit of the ATP-dependent chromatin-remodelling complex SWI/SNF, is a cellular interaction partner of the human immunodeficiency virus type 1 (HIV-1) integrase...
- Binding and stimulation of HIV-1 integrase by a human homolog of yeast transcription factor SNF5G V Kalpana
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biophysics, Columbia University, College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York, NY 10032
Science 266:2002-6. 1994..The sequence of the gene suggests that the protein is a human homolog of yeast SNF5, a transcriptional activator required for high-level expression of many genes...
- Germ-line and acquired mutations of INI1 in atypical teratoid and rhabdoid tumorsJ A Biegel
The Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, and Department of Pediatrics, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, 19104, USA
Cancer Res 59:74-9. 1999..brain and 7 renal and 4 extrarenal rhabdoid tumors for mutations in the candidate rhabdoid tumor suppressor gene, INI1. Fifteen tumors had homozygous deletions of one or more exons of the INI1 gene, and the other 14 tumors ..
- Immunohistochemical analysis of hSNF5/INI1 distinguishes renal and extra-renal malignant rhabdoid tumors from other pediatric soft tissue tumorsAndrew C Hoot
Department of Pathology, Children s Hospital of Philadelphia and The University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Am J Surg Pathol 28:1485-91. 2004..Molecular genetic analysis of MRT frequently demonstrates deletion or mutation of the hSNF5/INI1 gene, with corresponding reduced expression at the protein level...
- Cancer-associated mutations in chromatin remodeler hSNF5 promote chromosomal instability by compromising the mitotic checkpointRobert G J Vries
Department of Molecular and Cell Biology, Leiden University Medical Centre, 2300 RA Leiden, The Netherlands
Genes Dev 19:665-70. 2005The hSNF5 subunit of human SWI/SNF ATP-dependent chromatin remodeling complexes is a tumor suppressor that is inactivated in malignant rhabdoid tumors (MRTs)...
- INI1 induces interferon signaling and spindle checkpoint in rhabdoid tumorsAlexei Morozov
Department of Molecular Genetics, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, New York 10461, USA
Clin Cancer Res 13:4721-30. 2007Rhabdoid tumors are rare but aggressive pediatric malignancies characterized by biallelic loss of INI1/hSNF5. Reintroduction of INI1 causes cell arrest and senescence in rhabdoid cells...
- Immunohistochemistry of INI1 expression: a new tool for old challenges in CNS and soft tissue pathologyAlexander R Judkins
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Adv Anat Pathol 14:335-9. 2007Immunohistochemical staining for INI1 (BAF47) expression has been recently described...
- Loss of INI1 expression defines a unique subset of pediatric undifferentiated soft tissue sarcomasPortia A Kreiger
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, The Children s Hospital of Philadelphia and University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Mod Pathol 22:142-50. 2009..genetic investigations of malignant rhabdoid tumor have revealed a characteristic loss of or mutation in the INI1 gene on chromosome 22q...
- Genomic analysis using high-density single nucleotide polymorphism-based oligonucleotide arrays and multiplex ligation-dependent probe amplification provides a comprehensive analysis of INI1/SMARCB1 in malignant rhabdoid tumorsEric M Jackson
Department of Neurosurgery and Pediatrics, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Clin Cancer Res 15:1923-30. 2009A high-resolution genomic profiling and comprehensive targeted analysis of INI1/SMARCB1 of a large series of pediatric rhabdoid tumors was done...
- Multimerization and DNA binding properties of INI1/hSNF5 and its functional significanceSupratik Das
Department of Molecular Genetics, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, New York, New York 10461, USA
J Biol Chem 284:19903-14. 2009INI1/hSNF5/BAF47/SMARCB1 is an HIV-1 integrase (IN)-binding protein that modulates viral replication in multiple ways...
- Functional coupling between HIV-1 integrase and the SWI/SNF chromatin remodeling complex for efficient in vitro integration into stable nucleosomesPaul Lesbats
Laboratoire MCMP, UMR 5234 CNRS Université Victor Segalen Bordeaux 2, Bordeaux, France
PLoS Pathog 7:e1001280. 2011..Remodeling of the chromatinized template by the SWI/SNF complex, whose INI1 major component interacts with IN, restores and redirects the full-site integration into the stable nucleosome ..
- Interaction of E1 and hSNF5 proteins stimulates replication of human papillomavirus DNAD Lee
Department of Biological Sciences, Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology, Taejon
Nature 399:487-91. 1999..Using this assay, we isolated Inil/hSNF5, a component of the SWI/SNF complex which facilitates transcription by altering the structure of chromatin...
- SWI/SNF complex interacts with tumor suppressor p53 and is necessary for the activation of p53-mediated transcriptionDaeyoup Lee
Department of Biological Sciences, Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology, Daejeon 305 701, Korea
J Biol Chem 277:22330-7. 2002..The transactivation function of p53 is stimulated by overexpression of hSNF5 and BRG-1 and dominant forms of hSNF5 and BRG-1 repress p53-dependent transcription...
- Mitotic inactivation of a human SWI/SNF chromatin remodeling complexS Sif
Department of Molecular Biology, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
Genes Dev 12:2842-51. 1998..We propose that this transitional inactivation and reactivation of hSWI/SNF is required for formation of a repressed chromatin structure during mitosis and reformation of an active chromatin structure as cells leave mitosis...
- Contribution of the C-terminal region within the catalytic core domain of HIV-1 integrase to yeast lethality, chromatin binding and viral replicationZaikun Xu
Laboratory of Molecular Human Retrovirology, Department of Medical Microbiology, University of Manitoba, 508 730 William Avenue, Winnipeg, R3E 0W3, Canada
Retrovirology 5:102. 2008....
- Leukemic HRX fusion proteins inhibit GADD34-induced apoptosis and associate with the GADD34 and hSNF5/INI1 proteinsH T Adler
VA Puget Sound Health Care System, Seattle, Washington 98108, USA
Mol Cell Biol 19:7050-60. 1999..We also show here that GADD34 binds the human SNF5/INI1 protein, a member of the SNF/SWI complex that can remodel chromatin and activate transcription...
- Constitutional mutations of the hSNF5/INI1 gene predispose to a variety of cancersN Sevenet
Laboratoire de Pathologie Moléculaire des Cancers, INSERM U 509, Institut Curie, Paris, France
Am J Hum Genet 65:1342-8. 1999Biallelic, truncating mutations of the hSNF5/INI1 gene have recently been documented in malignant rhabdoid tumor (MRT), one of the most aggressive human cancers...
- Transcriptional activation domains of human heat shock factor 1 recruit human SWI/SNFE K Sullivan
Department of Molecular Biology, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Mol Cell Biol 21:5826-37. 2001....
- Molecular analysis of the rhabdoid predisposition syndrome in a child: a novel germline hSNF5/INI1 mutation and absence of c-myc amplificationHironori Fujisawa
Department of Neurosurgery, Graduate School of Medical Science, Kanazawa University, Ishikawa, Japan
J Neurooncol 63:257-62. 2003The authors report a case of the rhabdoid predisposition syndrome (RPS) secondary to a germline hSNF5/INI1 mutation, whose brain tumor was originally unclassified but finally diagnosed as an atypical teratoid/rhabdoid tumor (AT/RT) by ..
- HIV-1 integration: an interplay between HIV-1 integrase, cellular and viral proteinsBénédicte Van Maele
Laboratory for Molecular Virology and Gene Therapy, KULAK and KULeuven, Flanders, Belgium
AIDS Rev 7:26-43. 2005..In this review we summarize the candidate cellular proteins involved in the HIV-1 integration process identified so far and discuss their potential roles during HIV-1 replication...
- Model of full-length HIV-1 integrase complexed with viral DNA as template for anti-HIV drug designRajeshri G Karki
Laboratory of Medicinal Chemistry, Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, DHHS, Frederick, MD 21702, USA
J Comput Aided Mol Des 18:739-60. 2004..The results indicate that the diketo-acid IN inhibitors probably chelate the metal ion in the catalytic site and also prevent the exposure of the 3'-processed end of the viral DNA to human DNA...
- Long-term survival and transmission of INI1-mutation via nonpenetrant males in a family with rhabdoid tumour predisposition syndromeA C J Ammerlaan
Department of Neurogenetics, Academic Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Br J Cancer 98:474-9. 2008Rhabdoid tumour predisposition syndrome (RTPS) is a rare syndrome caused by inheritance of a mutated INI1 gene for which only two multigeneration families have been reported...
- Recruitment of a SAP18-HDAC1 complex into HIV-1 virions and its requirement for viral replicationMasha Sorin
Department of Genetics, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, New York, United States of America
PLoS Pathog 5:e1000463. 2009..HIV-1 integrase (IN) is a virally encoded protein required for integration of viral cDNA into host chromosomes. INI1/hSNF5 is a component of the SWI/SNF complex that interacts with HIV-1 IN, is selectively incorporated into HIV-1 (but ..
- Epstein-Barr virus nuclear protein 2 (EBNA2) binds to a component of the human SNF-SWI complex, hSNF5/Ini1D Y Wu
Department of Medicine, Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Seattle, Washington 98108, USA
J Virol 70:6020-8. 1996..In the present study, we show that EBNA2 also interacts with hSNF5/Ini1, the human homolog of the yeast transcription factor SNF5...
- Diversity and specialization of mammalian SWI/SNF complexesW Wang
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Department of Developmental Biology, Stanford University, California 94305 5428, USA
Genes Dev 10:2117-30. 1996..The observed similarity between mammalian BAF190, BAF170, BAF155, BAF60, and BAF47 and yeast SNF2/SWI2, SWI3, SWI3, SWP73, and SNF5, respectively, underscores the similarity of the mammalian and ..
- Components of the human SWI/SNF complex are enriched in active chromatin and are associated with the nuclear matrixJ C Reyes
Unite des Virus Oncogenes, UA1644 du Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, Departement des Biotechnologies, Institut Pasteur, Paris, France
J Cell Biol 137:263-74. 1997....
- P16INK4a is required for hSNF5 chromatin remodeler-induced cellular senescence in malignant rhabdoid tumor cellsIgor Oruetxebarria
Gene Regulation Laboratory and Center for Biomedical Genetics, Leiden University Medical Center, The Netherlands
J Biol Chem 279:3807-16. 2004The hSNF5 chromatin-remodeling factor is a tumor suppressor that is inactivated in malignant rhabdoid tumors (MRTs). A number of studies have shown that hSNF5 re-expression blocks MRT cell proliferation...
- CKII site in Epstein-Barr virus nuclear protein 2 controls binding to hSNF5/Ini1 and is important for growth transformationBogaslaw Kwiatkowski
VA Puget Sound Health Care System, S 111 ONC, 1660 S Columbian Way, Seattle, WA 98108, USA
J Virol 78:6067-72. 2004Substitution mutagenesis of EBNA2 shows that its interaction with hSNF5/Ini1 involves two sites (286IPP and DQQ313), and a mutation at a CKII phosphorylation site (SS469) is essential for the interaction...
- Ini1/hSNF5 is dispensable for retrovirus-induced cytoplasmic accumulation of PML and does not interfere with integrationAnnette Boese
Unité de Biologie Cellulaire du Noyau, Institut Pasteur, 28 rue du Dr Roux, Paris, France
FEBS Lett 578:291-6. 2004..the cytoplasmic translocation of two Crm1-dependent shuttle factors, namely the Ini1 (integrase interactor 1, hSNF5) and the promyelocytic leukemia (PML) protein...
- INI1/hSNF5/BAF47 represses c-fos transcription via a histone deacetylase-dependent mannerXuefang Pan
Institute of Genetics and Cytology, School of Life Science, Northeast Normal University, Changchun, 130024 Jilin, China
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 337:1052-8. 2005INI1/hSNF5/BAF47 is a core component of the hSWI/SNF ATP-dependent chromatin-remodeling complex. It has been suggested that INI1/hSNF5/BAF47 contributes to the regulation of many genes...
- SMARCB1/INI1 protein expression in round cell soft tissue sarcomas associated with chromosomal translocations involving EWS: a special reference to SMARCB1/INI1 negative variant extraskeletal myxoid chondrosarcomaKenichi Kohashi
Department of Anatomic Pathology, Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Kyushu University, Maidashi 3 1 1, Higashi ku, Fukuoka, Japan
Am J Surg Pathol 32:1168-74. 2008Several previous studies have demonstrated the lack of SMARCB1/INI1 protein expression in only the malignant rhabdoid tumor (MRT). Several sarcoma groups are associated with a tumor-specific translocation involving EWS...
- Loss of INI1 expression is characteristic of both conventional and proximal-type epithelioid sarcomaJason L Hornick
Department of Pathology, Brigham and Women s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Am J Surg Pathol 33:542-50. 2009INI1 (hSNF5/SMARCB1), a member of the SWI/SNF chromatin remodeling complex located on chromosome 22q11.2, is deleted or/or mutated in strictly defined malignant rhabdoid tumors (MRT) of infancy...
- Maturation of the HIV reverse transcription complex: putting the jigsaw togetherDavid Warrilow
Division of Infectious Diseases, Queensland Institute of Medical Research, Brisbane, Queensland 4006, Australia
Rev Med Virol 19:324-37. 2009..Determining precisely how these proteins assist the RTC function needs to be addressed...
- Frequent hSNF5/INI1 germline mutations in patients with rhabdoid tumorFranck Bourdeaut
CHU Nantes, Service d hémato oncologie pédiatrique, Nantes, France
Clin Cancer Res 17:31-8. 2011Germline hSNF5/INI1 mutations are responsible for hereditary cases of rhabdoid tumors (RT) that constitute the rhabdoid predisposition syndrome (RPS)...
- Aurora A is a repressed effector target of the chromatin remodeling protein INI1/hSNF5 required for rhabdoid tumor cell survivalSeungjae Lee
Department of Genetics, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, New York University, New York, NY, USA
Cancer Res 71:3225-35. 2011Rhabdoid tumors (RT) are aggressive pediatric malignancies with poor prognosis. INI1/hSNF5 is a component of the chromatin remodeling SWI/SNF complex and a tumor suppressor deleted in RT...
- Reversible disruption of mSWI/SNF (BAF) complexes by the SS18-SSX oncogenic fusion in synovial sarcomaCigall Kadoch
Program in Cancer Biology, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, CA 94305, USA
Cell 153:71-85. 2013..protein competes for assembly with wild-type SS18, forming an altered complex lacking the tumor suppressor BAF47 (hSNF5). The altered complex binds the Sox2 locus and reverses polycomb-mediated repression, resulting in Sox2 activation...
- HIV integration. Ini1 for integration?M D Miller
Infectious Disease Laboratory, Salk Institute, La Jolla, California 92037, USA
Curr Biol 5:368-70. 1995The newly discovered Ini1 cellular protein binds HIV-1 integrase and is part of a protein complex thought to alter nucleosomal structure; such alterations may influence the selection of sites for HIV-1 DNA integration.
- A human protein with homology to Saccharomyces cerevisiae SNF5 interacts with the potential helicase hbrmC Muchardt
UA1644 du CNRS, Departement des Biotechnologies, Institut Pasteur, Paris, France
Nucleic Acids Res 23:1127-32. 1995..describe the characterization of a cDNA encoding a human nuclear protein containing a large domain of homology with SNF5, another member of the yeast SNF/SWI complex...
- Purification and biochemical heterogeneity of the mammalian SWI-SNF complexW Wang
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Department of Developmental Biology, Stanford University, CA 94305 5428, USA
EMBO J 15:5370-82. 1996..A group of BAF47-associated proteins were affinity purified with antibodies against INI1/BAF47 and were found to be identical to ..
- Structure-function analysis of integrase interactor 1/hSNF5L1 reveals differential properties of two repeat motifs present in the highly conserved regionA Morozov
Department of Molecular Genetics, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, 1300 Morris Park Avenue, U821, Bronx, NY 10461, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 95:1120-5. 1998..Ini1 has homology to yeast transcription factor SNF5 and is a component of the analogous mammalian SWI/SNF complex that can remodel chromatin...
- Truncating mutations of hSNF5/INI1 in aggressive paediatric cancerI Versteege
Laboratoire de Pathologie Moléculaire des Cancers, Section de Recherche, Institut Curie, Paris, France
Nature 394:203-6. 1998..This region is found in the hSNF5/INI1 gene, which encodes a member of the chromatin-remodelling SWI/SNF multiprotein complexes...
- A C/EBP beta isoform recruits the SWI/SNF complex to activate myeloid genesE Kowenz-Leutz
Max Delbruck Centrum fur Molekulare Medizin, Berlin, Federal Republic of Germany
Mol Cell 4:735-43. 1999..Interaction between C/EBP beta and SWI/SNF is essential for activating a subgroup of resident target genes in chromatin and may represent a major determinant of combinatorial gene regulation in eukaryotes...
- Familial posterior fossa brain tumors of infancy secondary to germline mutation of the hSNF5 geneM D Taylor
Arthur and Sonia Labatt Brain Tumor Research Centre, Division of Neurosurgery, Hospital for Sick Children, University of Toronto, Toronto, Canada
Am J Hum Genet 66:1403-6. 2000..Malignant rhabdoid tumors of the CNS and kidney show loss of heterozygosity at chromosome 22q11. The hSNF5 gene on chromosome 22q11 has recently been identified as a candidate tumor-suppressor gene in sporadic CNS and ..
- A novel nuclear receptor corepressor complex, N-CoR, contains components of the mammalian SWI/SNF complex and the corepressor KAP-1C Underhill
Departments of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Oncology, and Biochemistry, Cancer Research Laboratories, London Regional Cancer Centre, The University of Western Ontario, London, Ontario, Canada
J Biol Chem 275:40463-70. 2000..novel components of the N-CoR-1 complex including the SWI/SNF-related proteins BRG1, BAF 170, BAF 155, BAF 47/INI1, and the corepressor KAP-1 that is involved in silencing heterochromatin...
- Purification and characterization of mSin3A-containing Brg1 and hBrm chromatin remodeling complexesS Sif
Department of Molecular Biology, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
Genes Dev 15:603-18. 2001..These unexpected functional characteristics indicate that these hSWI/SNF complexes play diverse regulatory roles...
- Cytoplasmic recruitment of INI1 and PML on incoming HIV preintegration complexes: interference with early steps of viral replicationP Turelli
Department of Genetics and Microbiology, University of Geneva, CH 1211 4, Geneva, Switzerland
Mol Cell 7:1245-54. 2001..retroviral preintegration complexes trigger the exportin-mediated cytoplasmic export of the SWI/SNF component INI1 and of the nuclear body constituent PML...
- The human SNF5/INI1 protein facilitates the function of the growth arrest and DNA damage-inducible protein (GADD34) and modulates GADD34-bound protein phosphatase-1 activityDaniel Y Wu
Division of Medical Oncology, Department of Medicine, Veterans Administration Puget Sound Health Care System, Seattle Division, Seattle, Washington 98108, USA
J Biol Chem 277:27706-15. 2002..We found that hSNF5/INI1, a component of the hSWI/SNF chromatin remodeling complex, also binds to GADD34 and can coexist with GADD34 ..
- Cell cycle arrest and repression of cyclin D1 transcription by INI1/hSNF5Zhi Kai Zhang
Department of Molecular Genetics, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, New York 10461, USA
Mol Cell Biol 22:5975-88. 2002INI1/hSNF5 is a component of the ATP-dependent chromatin remodeling hSWI/SNF complex and a tumor suppressor gene of aggressive pediatric atypical teratoid and malignant rhabdoid tumors (AT/RT)...
- A key role of the hSNF5/INI1 tumour suppressor in the control of the G1-S transition of the cell cycleIsabella Versteege
INSERM U509, Laboratoire de Pathologie Moléculaire des Cancers, Institut Curie, 26 Rue d Ulm, 75248 Paris Cedex 05, France
Oncogene 21:6403-12. 2002The hSNF5/INI1 gene encodes a member of the SWI/SNF chromatin remodelling complexes. It was recently identified as a tumour suppressor gene mutated in sporadic and hereditary Malignant Rhabdoid Tumours (MRT)...
- High frequency of alternative splicing of human genes participating in the HIV-1 life cycle: a model using TSG101, betaTrCP, PPIA, INI1, NAF1, and PMLManuel Favre
Division of Infectious Diseases and Institute of Microbiology, University Hospital of Lausanne, Switzerland
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 34:127-33. 2003..repeats containing protein (betaTrCP), peptidyl-proly cis-trans isomerase, cyclophilin A (PPIA), integrase interactor 1 protein (INI1), Nef-associated factor 1 (NAF1), and promyelacytic leukemia (PML)-involved in the viral life ..
- Novel germ-line deletion of SNF5/INI1/SMARCB1 gene in neonate presenting with congenital malignant rhabdoid tumor of kidney and brain primitive neuroectodermal tumorTakeshi Kusafuka
Department of Pediatric Surgery, Osaka University Graduate School of Medicine, Suita, Osaka, Japan
Genes Chromosomes Cancer 40:133-9. 2004..PCR band signals of each exon of the hSNF5/INI1 were weak or nearly undetectable in both MRTK and PNET, whereas those of the corresponding normal kidney were ..
- INI1 expression is retained in composite rhabdoid tumors, including rhabdoid meningiomasArie Perry
Department of Pathology, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO 63001 1093, USA
Mod Pathol 18:951-8. 2005..tumors affect infants and young children, harbor chromosome 22q deletions, and inactivate the INI1/hSNF5/BAF47 tumor suppressor gene on 22q11.2...
- SMARCB1/INI1 tumor suppressor gene is frequently inactivated in epithelioid sarcomasPiergiorgio Modena
Unit of Molecular Cytogenetics, Istituto Nazionale per lo Studio e la Cura dei Tumori, Milano, Italy
Cancer Res 65:4012-9. 2005..10q26 and 22q11 revealed that the 22q11 breakpoints were located in a 150-kb region containing the SMARCB1/INI1 gene, and that homozygous deletion of the gene was present in the tumor tissue...
- Loss of the hSNF5 gene concomitantly inactivates p21CIP/WAF1 and p16INK4a activity associated with replicative senescence in A204 rhabdoid tumor cellsJingjing Chai
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27599 7295, USA
Cancer Res 65:10192-8. 2005b>hSNF5, the smallest member of the SWI/SNF chromatin remodeling complex, is lost in most malignant rhabdoid tumors (MRT)...
- Requirement for SWI/SNF chromatin-remodeling complex in Tat-mediated activation of the HIV-1 promoterCéline Treand
Institut Cochin, Département de Génétique et Développement, Paris, France
EMBO J 25:1690-9. 2006..These data show the requirement of Tat-mediated recruitment of SWI/SNF chromatin-remodeling complex to HIV-1 promoter in the activation of the LTR...
- The SWI/SNF chromatin-remodeling complex is a cofactor for Tat transactivation of the HIV promoterTokameh Mahmoudi
Gladstone Institute of Virology and Immunology, University of California, San Francisco, California 94158, USA
J Biol Chem 281:19960-8. 2006..This synergism depended on the acetyltransferase activity of p300 and on Tat Lys(50) and Lys(51). In conclusion, Tat-mediated activation of the HIV promoter requires the SWI/SNF complex in synergy with the coactivator p300...
- Inhibition of early steps of HIV-1 replication by SNF5/Ini1Marlène Maroun
Institut Cochin, Département Maladies Infectieuses, F 75014 Paris, INSERM, U567, F 75014 Paris, France
J Biol Chem 281:22736-43. 2006..Viral integration involves the participation of several cellular proteins. SNF5/Ini1, a subunit of the SWI/SNF chromatin remodeling complex, was the first cofactor identified to interact with IN...
- HIV-1 replication in cell lines harboring INI1/hSNF5 mutationsMasha Sorin
Department of Molecular Genetics, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, New York, NY, USA
Retrovirology 3:56. 2006INI1/hSNF5 is a cellular protein that directly interacts with HIV-1 integrase (IN). It is specifically incorporated into HIV-1 virions. A dominant negative mutant derived from INI1 inhibits HIV-1 replication...
- Knock down of hSNF5/Ini1 causes cell cycle arrest and apoptosis in a p53-dependent mannerHiroyuki Kato
Department of Virology III, National Institute of Infectious Diseases, Musashimurayama, Tokyo, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 361:580-5. 2007b>hSNF5/Ini1 is a core component of the SWI/SNF complex and the gene is frequently mutated in aggressive pediatric rhabdoid tumors. Mechanisms of the malignant transformation, however, remain poorly understood...
- The requirement for SNF5/INI1 in adipocyte differentiation highlights new features of malignant rhabdoid tumorsJ Caramel
Institut Curie, Research Section, Paris, France
Oncogene 27:2035-44. 2008..The highly undifferentiated phenotype of this tumor suggests that the loss-of-function of hSNF5/INI1 impairs specific differentiation programs of the MRT parental cell...
- Evidence of a four-hit mechanism involving SMARCB1 and NF2 in schwannomatosis-associated schwannomasRoberta Sestini
Medical Genetics Unit, Department of Clinical Physiopathology, University of Florence, Florence, Italy
Hum Mutat 29:227-31. 2008..The latter observation suggests that a four-hit mechanism involving the SMARCB1 and NF2 genes may be implicated in schwannomatosis-related tumorigenesis...
- Molecular characterisation of SMARCB1 and NF2 in familial and sporadic schwannomatosisK D Hadfield
Academic Unit of Medical Genetics, University of Manchester and Regional Genetics Service, Manchester, UK
J Med Genet 45:332-9. 2008..A recent report identified bi-allelic mutations in the SMARCB1/INI1 gene in a single family with schwannomatosis...
- RhoA-dependent regulation of cell migration by the tumor suppressor hSNF5/INI1Julie Caramel
Institut Curie and Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Medicale U830, Unité de Génétique et Biologie des Cancers, Paris, France
Cancer Res 68:6154-61. 2008Malignant rhabdoid tumors (MRT) are extremely aggressive pediatric tumors caused by the inactivation of the hSNF5/INI1 tumor suppressor gene, which encodes a core member of the SWI/SNF chromatin remodeling complex...
- Rhabdoid tumour: a malignancy of early childhood with variable primary site, histology and clinical behaviourXiangru Wu
Department of Anatomical Pathology, Royal Children s Hospital, Flemington Road, Parkville, VIC 3052, Australia
Pathology 40:664-70. 2008To correlate the immunostaining for INI1 protein and mutations in INI1 gene in possible rhabdoid tumours (RT) and atypical teratoid/rhabdoid tumours (AT/RT) seen at the Royal Children's Hospital in the last 10 years, and to study the ..
- Yeast two-hybrid detection of integrase-host factor interactionsJean Christophe Rain
Hybrigenics S A, 3 5 Impasse Reille, Paris 75014, France
Methods 47:291-7. 2009..All tolled, our studies identified LEDGF/p75, Transportin-SR2 (TNPO3), von Hippel-Lindau binding protein 1 (VBP1), and sucrose non-fermenting 5 (SNF5) as cellular binding partners of HIV-1 integrase.
- The role of INI1/hSNF5 in gene regulation and cancerAngelina Stojanova
Department of Medical Biophysics, University of Toronto, Toronto, ONM5G2M9, Canada
Biochem Cell Biol 87:163-77. 2009..In this review, we discuss a core subunit of the SWI/SNF ATP-dependent chromatin remodeling complex, known as INI1/hSNF5, in the context of transcriptional regulation and impact on cancer biology...
- Reduced expression of SMARCB1/INI1 protein in synovial sarcomaKenichi Kohashi
Department of Anatomic Pathology, Pathological Sciences, Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Kyushu University, Higashi ku, Fukuoka, Japan
Mod Pathol 23:981-90. 2010..all epithelioid sarcomas and half of epithelioid malignant peripheral nerve sheath tumors showed a loss of SMARCB1/INI1 protein expression in tumor cells and all of these tumors are also known to have rhabdoid cells...
- hSNF5 is required for human papillomavirus E2-driven transcriptional activation and DNA replicationSeho Cha
Department of Life Science, Dongguk University Seoul, Seoul, South Korea
Intervirology 54:66-77. 2011..To determine the participation of the SWI/SNF complex in the transcription and replication of human papillomavirus (HPV) E2 protein...
- Germline SMARCB1 mutation and somatic NF2 mutations in familial multiple meningiomasI Christiaans
Department of Clinical Genetics, Academic Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Med Genet 48:93-7. 2011..However, involvement of this gene in the development of the meningiomas was not demonstrated...
- Prognostic determinants in epithelioid sarcomaPatrizia Gasparini
Unit of Molecular Cytogenetics, Fondazione IRCCS Istituto Nazionale Tumori, Milano, Italy
Eur J Cancer 47:287-95. 2011....
- Loss of SMARCB1/INI1 expression in poorly differentiated chordomasBret C Mobley
Department of Pathology, Stanford University School of Medicine, Palo Alto, CA 94305, USA
Acta Neuropathol 120:745-53. 2010..We noted the absence of SMARCB1/INI1 expression by immunohistochemistry in an index case of poorly differentiated chordoma of the sacrum, leading us to ..
- Spectrum of SMARCB1/INI1 mutations in familial and sporadic rhabdoid tumorsKatherine W Eaton
Division of Human Genetics, The Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Pediatr Blood Cancer 56:7-15. 2011Germline mutations and deletions of SMARCB1/INI1 in chromosome band 22q11.2 predispose patients to rhabdoid tumor and schwannomatosis...
- A remarkably simple genome underlies highly malignant pediatric rhabdoid cancersRyan S Lee
Department of Pediatric Oncology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, MA, USA
J Clin Invest 122:2983-8. 2012..Our results demonstrate that high mutation rates are dispensable for the genesis of cancers driven by mutation of a chromatin remodeling complex. Consequently, cancer can be a remarkably genetically simple disease...
- SMARCB1 involvement in the development of leiomyoma in a patient with schwannomatosisTheo J M Hulsebos
Department of Genome Analysis, Academic Medical Center Department of Pathology, VU University Medical Center, Amsterdam Department of Pathology, Nijmegen Center for Molecular Life Sciences NCMLS, Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Centre, Nijmegen, The Netherlands Institute for Human Genetics, University Hospital Muenster, Muenster Institute for Neuropathology, Evangelisches Krankenhaus, Bielefeld, Germany
Am J Surg Pathol 38:421-5. 2014..To our knowledge, this is the first reported case of leiomyoma associated with a germline SMARCB1 mutation. As such, it widens the spectrum of benign tumors associated with a germline SMARCB1 mutation. ..
- Loss of the INI1 tumor suppressor does not impair the expression of multiple BRG1-dependent genes or the assembly of SWI/SNF enzymesDiem N Doan
Department of Cell Biology, University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester, MA 01655, USA
Oncogene 23:3462-73. 2004The INI1/hSNF5 tumor suppressor is an integral component of mammalian SWI/SNF chromatin remodeling enzymes that contain SNF2 family ATPases BRM (Brahma) or BRG1 (Brahma Related Gene 1) and that contribute to the regulation of many genes...
- Infrequent SMARCB1/INI1 gene alteration in epithelioid sarcoma: a useful tool in distinguishing epithelioid sarcoma from malignant rhabdoid tumorKenichi Kohashi
Department of Anatomic Pathology, Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Kyushu University, Fukuoka 812 8582, Japan
Hum Pathol 40:349-55. 2009Loss of SMARCB1/INI1 protein expression is considered useful for confirming a histologic diagnosis of malignant rhabdoid tumor...
- SMARCB1 mutations are not a common cause of multiple meningiomasK D Hadfield
Department of Genetic Medicine, Manchester Academic Health Sciences Centre MAHSC, St Mary s Hospital, University of Manchester, Manchester M13 9WL, UK
J Med Genet 47:567-8. 2010..Recently, Bacci et al reported a germline SMARCB1 mutation associated with familial schwannomatosis and multiple meningiomas. They concluded that SMARCB1 mutations can predispose to multiple meningiomas...
- A unique pattern of INI1 immunohistochemistry distinguishes synovial sarcoma from its histologic mimicsMichael A Arnold
Department of Pathology, Nationwide Children s Hospital, Columbus, OH 43205, USA
Hum Pathol 44:881-7. 2013The absence of INI1 (SMARCB1, hSNF5, BAF47) immunohistochemical reactivity is a central feature of malignant rhabdoid tumor, renal medullary carcinoma, and epithelioid sarcoma...
- c-MYC interacts with INI1/hSNF5 and requires the SWI/SNF complex for transactivation functionS W Cheng
Department of Molecular Genetics, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, New York 10461, USA
Nat Genet 22:102-5. 1999..SWI2/SNF2 is an ATPase whose homologues, BRG1 and hBRM, mediate cell-cycle arrest; the SNF5 homologue, INI1/hSNF5, appears to be a tumour suppressor...
- Inactivation of the SNF5 transcription factor gene abolishes the lethal phenotype induced by the expression of HIV-1 integrase in yeastV Parissi
CNRS UMR 5097 IFR 66 Pathologies Infectieuses, Université Victor Segalen Bordeaux 2 146 rue Leo Saignat, 33076, Bordeaux, France
Gene 247:129-36. 2000..Curr. Genet. 29, 503-510). Here, we describe the effect of the inactivation of the gene encoding for SNF5, a yeast transcription factor homologous to Ini1, on the lethality induced by the expression of HIV-1 IN in yeast...
- Regulating SWI/SNF subunit levels via protein-protein interactions and proteasomal degradation: BAF155 and BAF170 limit expression of BAF57Jianguang Chen
Chromatin and Gene Expression Section, Laboratory of Molecular Carcinogenesis, National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences, Research Triangle Park, NC 27709, USA
Mol Cell Biol 25:9016-27. 2005..The expression levels of the core SWI/SNF subunits, including BRG1/Brm, BAF155, BAF170, BAF60, hSNF/Ini1, and BAF57, are stoichiometric, with few to no unbound molecules in the cell...
- Role of hsnf5/BAF47 Loss in Human Cancer DevelopmentBernard E Weissman; Fiscal Year: 2012..Mutations in the INI1/SNF5/BAF47 gene, a component of the SWI/SNF chromatin remodeling complex, occur in virtually all malignant rhabdoid tumors (..
- GENETICS OF PEDIATRIC RHABDOID TUMORSJaclyn A Biegel; Fiscal Year: 2012..atypical teratoid/rhabdoid tumor;AT/RT), kidney and soft tissues are associated with alterations of the INI1/hSNF5 tumor suppressor gene in chromosome 22q11.2...
- Analysis of the Novel Tumor Suppressor Gene SNF5/INI1Charles Roberts; Fiscal Year: 2006..The vast majority of MRTs have sustained bi-allelic inactivating mutations of the hSNF5/INI1 gene, suggesting that SNF5 may act as a tumor suppressor...
- MICHELLE SANG HSIANG; Fiscal Year: 2016..Malaria Control Program, I propose the following specific aims: 1) Compare pooled PCR to rapid diagnostic test (RDT) for improved detection of secondary malaria infections, 2) Identify epidemiological factors associated with the ..
- Epigenetic and clinical impact of SMARCB1 loss in cancerElizabeth J Perlman; Fiscal Year: 2013The SMARCB1 (hSNF5/INI-1) gene encodes the INI-1 protein, a component of the SWI/SNF chromatin remodeling complex...
- 2012 Neurofibromatosis (NF) ConferenceBrigitte Widemann; Fiscal Year: 2012..Understanding of Schwannomatosis is progressing since a candidate gene INI1 was identified. This disorder may also be linked to NF2 and other genes...
- Paul Yager; Fiscal Year: 2015..and abroad. Many tests for influenza diagnosis and strain identification have been developed, but all tests in an RDT format have unacceptably low sensitivity;in 2009 the Centers for Disease Control issued a recommendation to ..
- The Swi/Snf tumor suppressor in stem cell self-renewal and pluripotencyBORIS G WILSON; Fiscal Year: 2011DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Inactivating mutations in the SNF5 gene result in aggressive cancers in children and a familial cancer predisposition syndrome...
- Gerald R Crabtree; Fiscal Year: 2016..studies indicate that the identified subunits: BAF250a, Brg (BAF190), BAF155, BAF60b, BAF53a, and BAF47 (hSNF5) are dedicated to these complexes and not found as individual proteins or as parts of other complexes...
- Protein-Protein Interactions of HIV-1 IntegraseGanjam V Kalpana; Fiscal Year: 2010..Several host factors, including INI1/hSNF5, directly bind to HIV-1 IN. INI1/hSNF5 plays multiple roles during HIV-1 replication...
- Dynamics of Host-Virus Interactions During HIV-1 ReplicationGanjam V Kalpana; Fiscal Year: 2011..INI1/hSNF5 is a component of the chromatin remodeling SWI/SNF complex that directly and selectively binds to HIV-1 integrase (..
- DAVID J WYLER; Fiscal Year: 2014..Specifically, a rapid diagnostic test (RDT) for fibrosin could identify those individuals at risk of hepatic fibrosis and prioritize them from more frequent ..
- Hox gene regulation by the Snf5 tumor suppressorEVA LORENA MORA BLANCO; Fiscal Year: 2010..Recently, we have found Snf5, another core component of the Swi/Snf complex, is specifically required for Hox gene expression in murine ..
- Exploiting mouse models of pediatric cancers and epigenetics for therapyStuart H Orkin; Fiscal Year: 2013..3, "Epigenetics in cancer initiation and progression: from mechanism to therapy", focuses on malignancies due to SNF5 inactivation, as these appear to be "epigenetically driven" and without evident somatic mutations...
- Impact of BRG1 Loss in Lung Cancer DevelopmentDavid N Reisman; Fiscal Year: 2012..Indeed, the SWI/SNF subunit BAF47 is known to be a bona fide tumor suppressor involved in the genesis of certain sarcomas, and when inactivated in ..
- Charles Roberts; Fiscal Year: 2016..SNF5 (INI1/SMARCB1/BAF47) is specifically mutated in aggressive human cancers and in a familial cancer predisposition syndrome...
- Exploring the Relationship Between Work Environment and Quality of CareMARIA ELENA TORRES; Fiscal Year: 2012..Norm of Reciprocity which predict the behavior of individuals within organizations;(2) Resource Dependence Theory (RDT) which predicts the behavior of an organization, in this case the outpatient treatment facility, in regards to its ..
- Coordination of Respiration with Deglutition & Phonation in Ataxia-TelangiectasiaMaureen Lefton Greif; Fiscal Year: 2007..We will use Respirodeglutometric (RDT) instrumentation to characterize the respiration during deglutition in patients with A-T...
- COORDINATION OF RESPIRATION AND DEGLUTITIONADRIENNE PERLMAN; Fiscal Year: 2003..Respirodeglutometric (RDT) output will be digitized at 1000 samples/sec/channel while subjects swallow pre-measured 5, 10, and 15 ml volumes ..
- The role of Inil in chromatin development and cancerStephen Jones; Fiscal Year: 2006..The recent identification of Ini1 mutations in familial malignant rhabdoid tumors has further heightened interest in the link between SWI/SNF ..
- HETEROCHROMATIN REGULATION BY IMITATION SWITCH COMPLEXESRamin Shiekhattar; Fiscal Year: 2005..g. ATRx, MeCP2) and cancer development (e.g. SNF5, CBP)...
- Protein-Protein Interactions of HIV-1 IntegraseGanjam Kalpana; Fiscal Year: 2006..is aimed at elucidating the dynamic host-virus interactions, specifically focusing on integrase (IN) and INI1/hSNF5, and to utilize this knowledge for the design of drugs for anti-AIDS therapy...
- The p270 SWI/SNF subunit as a potential Wilms' tumor susceptibility geneElizabeth Moran; Fiscal Year: 2009..subunits can also be essential for the anti-proliferative role of the complex, and the noncatalytic subunit INI1/ hSNF5 is already recognized as a human tumor susceptibility gene...
- Protein-Protein Interactions of HIV-1 IntegraseGanjam Kalpana; Fiscal Year: 2003..is aimed at elucidating the dynamic host-virus interactions that specifically focus on integrase (IN) and INI1/hSNF5, and to utilize this knowledge for the design of drugs for anti- AIDS therapy...
- Cellular Consequences of Snf5 Tumor Suppressor LossCOURTNEY SANSAM; Fiscal Year: 2009..Biallelic inactivation of SNF5, a core component of the SWI/SNF chromatin remodeling complex, is an extremely potent, cancer-promoting event that ..
- Functional Analysis of SWI/SNF chromatin remodelersHua ying Fan; Fiscal Year: 2007..BRG1 and INI1/hSNF5, two conserved subunits of SWI/SNF, appear to behave as classical tumor suppressors...
- INIL AND EBV MEDIATED LYMPHOMAGENESISDaniel Wu; Fiscal Year: 2000..This proposed work aims to define the function of the EBNA2-Ini1 interaction by establishing reversible and conditional repression of the Ini1 gene with targeted ribozyme. Dr...
- ROLE OF P270 IN DIFFERENTIATION AND TUMORIGENESISGeorge Beck; Fiscal Year: 2006..Biallelic alterations of the hSNF5/INI1 gene were discovered in malignant rhabdoid tumors...
- CHROMATIN REMODELING IN VIRAL TRANSFORMATIONWilliam Schubach; Fiscal Year: 2002..A fraction of phosphorylated EBNA2 is associated with hSNF5/Ini1 in EBV infected B cells. hSNF5 is a component of the human SWI/SNF chromatin remodeling complex...
- Regulation of Interferon Signaling by INI1/hSNF5 During HIV-1 ReplicationGanjam Kalpana; Fiscal Year: 2008..INI1/hSNF5, is a HIV-1 integrase (IN) binding host factor, is a component of the mammalian chromatin-remodeling SWI/SNF ..
- SWI/SNF complex loss facilitates gene silencing during NSCLC developmentBernard E Weissman; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..
- MOLECULAR REGULATION OF FXR ACTIVITYJongsook Kim Kemper; Fiscal Year: 2010..The studies may also facilitate the design of therapeutic agents for treating these metabolic disorders. ..
- Pathways of Therapy-induced Senescence in CancerDaniel Y Wu; Fiscal Year: 2010..These studies should yield the clinical relevance, novel markers and new mechanistic insights of accelerated cellular senescence in human cancers. ..
- ISOLATION OF A SECOND WILMS TUMOR SUPPRESSOR GENEBernard Weissman; Fiscal Year: 2001....
- Regulation of cholesterol catabolism by bile acidsJONGSOOK KEMPER; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Do Physicians Understand Uncertain Variants and Other Genetic Test Results?Sharon Plon; Fiscal Year: 2009..With the increasing availability of complex testing modalities, e.g. DNA and RNA gene chips, for a variety of both rare and common diseases, appropriate reporting and physician education must accompany the development of these tests. ..
- Viral Detection Using Fluorescent NanocrystalsDavid Wright; Fiscal Year: 2008..In addition to clinical applications, it is expected that these probes will ultimately allow researchers to investigate fundamental questions in viral trafficking. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- ALTERNATIVE DNA DAMAGE CHECKPOINT PATHWAYS IN EUKARYOTESSharon Plon; Fiscal Year: 2002..These latter results will demonstrate whether activation of an alternative checkpoint pathway might be used therapeutically for patients with AT or to alter the resistance of tumors to radiation and other DNA-damaging agents. ..
- NEUREGULINS AND THE PATHOLOGY OF NERVE INJURYSteven Carroll; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- NUCLEAR TRANSLOCATION OF HIV 1 GENOME AS A DRUG TARGETMichael Bukrinsky; Fiscal Year: 2004..Upon completion, these studies are expected to define potent anti-HIV compounds working through a novel mechanism different from that of any other currently used drug. ..
- Leukocyte recruitment by cyclophilinc-CD147 interactionMichael Bukrinsky; Fiscal Year: 2005..This exploratory proposal is fully consistent with the goals of this PA as it extends our previous discovery toward new directions related to regulation of inflammatory responses. ..
- Translation Research in Plasmodium vivaxSocrates Herrera; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- The Role of Vpr in HIV-1 Nuclear TranslocationMichael Bukrinsky; Fiscal Year: 2006..These results will be significant, because they are expected to facilitate discovery of agents that would inhibit Vpr activity and thus attenuate HIV replication. ..
- Gene Transfer to Facilitate Dose-Intensification in the Treatment of Pediatric B*Lars Wagner; Fiscal Year: 2007..We hypothesize this strategy will be well tolerated and allow for meaningful dose escalation through chemoprotection afforded by gene transfer into hematopoietic stem cells. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Burden of Malaria in Pregnancy in IndiaDavidson Hamer; Fiscal Year: 2007..The information generated by the study will also be instrumental in the development of new programs for preventing and mitigating the impact of MIP in India. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Role of Neuregulin-1 in Schwann Cell NeoplasiaSteven Carroll; Fiscal Year: 2008..These studies will provide important insights into the mechanisms promoting MPNST formation and establish the NRG-1/erbB signaling pathway as a novel therapeutic target in MPNSTs. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Oxadaizols: Rationally designed compounds targeting HIV nuclear importationMichael Bukrinsky; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Effects of human SWI/SNF-associated PRMT5 on lymphomagenesisSAID SIF; Fiscal Year: 2011..abstract_text> ..
- Utility of rapid diagnostic tests for malariaHeidi Hopkins; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- HIV Impairs Reverse Cholesterol TransportMichael Bukrinsky; Fiscal Year: 2006..These studies are expected to yield sufficient information upon which to base a well-planned and rigorous series of further investigations. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- SWI/SNF Chromatin Remodeling Loss and Human CancerBernard Weissman; Fiscal Year: 2007..Mutations in the INI1/SNF5 gene, a component of the SWI/SNF chromatin remodeling complex, occur in the majority of malignant rhabdoid tumors...
- CD4+ memory T cell recruitment by cyclophilinMichael Bukrinsky; Fiscal Year: 2004..Therefore, the R03 mechanism appears highly appropriate. If proven, this hypothesis will serve as a foundation for a new research program, which might suggest novel approaches to treatment of HIV-1 infection. ..
- Hemozoin Mediated Inactivation of Protein Kinase CDavid Wright; Fiscal Year: 2005..The successful completion of this grant will establish the molecular basis of hemozoin mediated inactivation of Protein Kinase C and pave the way for more detailed proteomic analysis of HNE adducts within macrophages. ..
- Pirfenidone in Children with PNs in NF1Roger Packer; Fiscal Year: 2006..Abstract Not Provided ..
- Serum Markers of Angiogenesis in von Hippel-Lindau Dise*Gail Tomlinson; Fiscal Year: 2005..The establishment of a VHL registry in North Texas will also place us in an excellent position to develop clinical protocols aimed towards early detection of lesions in VHL patients. ..
- NITROXIDERGIC CEREBROVASCULAR TONE DURING ANESTHESIAShailendra Joshi; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- ROLE OF CHROMATIN REMODELERS IN B AND T CELL DEVELOPMENTSAID SIF; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Imaging Technology for HIV Nuclear Import InhibitorsMichael Bukrinsky; Fiscal Year: 2003..The imaging technology will greatly augment the value of the project by adding a superior method for analyzing the activity of the drugs. ..
- MOLECULAR ANALYSIS OF FANCONI'S ANEMIA C PROTEINSharon Plon; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- CHILDRENS NATIONAL MEDICAL CENTERRoger Packer; Fiscal Year: 2003....