Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: IL4R
Description: interleukin 4 receptor
Alias: CD124, IL-4RA, IL4RA, interleukin-4 receptor subunit alpha, IL-4 receptor subunit alpha, IL4R nirs variant 1, interleukin 13 receptor, interleukin-4 receptor alpha chain
Publications194 found, 100 shown here
- High contribution contrast between the genes of eosinophil peroxidase and IL-4 receptor alpha-chain in Japanese cedar pollinosisHiroyuki Nakamura
Department of Environmental Medicine, Kochi Medical School, Nankoku, Japan
J Allergy Clin Immunol 112:1127-31. 2003..Japanese cedar pollinosis is the most common form of hayfever in Japan in spring and has remarkably increased since 1960...
- Structural basis for IL-4 receptor phosphopeptide recognition by the IRS-1 PTB domainM M Zhou
Pharmaceutical Discovery Division, Abbott Laboratories, Abbott Park, Illinois 60064, USA
Nat Struct Biol 3:388-93. 1996..We explain the phosphopeptide binding specificity based on the structure of the complex and results of site-directed mutagenesis experiments...
- No evidence of association or interaction between the IL4RA, IL4, and IL13 genes in type 1 diabetesLisa M Maier
Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation Wellcome Trust Diabetes and Inflammation Laboratory, Cambridge Institute for Medical Research, University of Cambridge, Cambridge, United Kingdom
Am J Hum Genet 76:517-21. 2005..reported for the interleukin-4 and interleukin-13 genes (IL4 and IL13) with the interleukin-4 receptor A gene (IL4RA), contributing to the susceptibility of type 1 diabetes (T1D)...
- No linkage of the interleukin-4 receptor locus on chromosome 16p11.2-12.1 with sarcoidosis in German multiplex familiesA Bohnert
Institute of Clinical Immunology and Transfusion Medicine, Justus Liebig University Giessen, Giessen, Germany
Eur J Immunogenet 29:269-72. 2002..136 affected siblings for three single nucleotide polymorphisms of the interleukin-4 receptor alpha-chain gene (IL4R). Allele frequencies in patients were compared to those of healthy unrelated control individuals...
- Enhanced CCL26 production by IL-4 through IFN-gamma-induced upregulation of type 1 IL-4 receptor in keratinocytesNatsuko Nishi
Department of Pediatrics, Faculty of Medicine, Saga University, 5 1 1 Nabeshima, Saga 849 8501, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 376:234-40. 2008..These results indicate that IFN-gamma has opposite effects on IL-4-induced CCL26 production in NHEK depending on the time of exposure. Thus, changes in IL-4R expression by IFN-gamma might modulate eosinophilic skin inflammation...
- Variation in cytokine genes can contribute to severity of acetabular osteolysis and risk for revision in patients with ABG 1 total hip arthroplasty: a genetic association studyJiri Gallo
Department of Orthopaedics, Teaching Hospital and Faculty of Medicine and Dentistry, Palacky University, I P Pavlova 6, Olomouc775 20, Czech Republic Laboratory of Immunogenomics, Faculty of Medicine and Dentistry, Palacky University, I P Pavlova 6, Olomouc 775 20, Czech Republic
BMC Med Genet 10:109. 2009..This may be driven by functional polymorphisms in the genes for cytokines and cytokine receptors involved in the development of osteolysis in THA, thereby having an effect on the individual's phenotype...
- The WD motif-containing protein RACK-1 functions as a scaffold protein within the type I IFN receptor-signaling complexAnna Usacheva
Department of Pharmacology, University of Illinois, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
J Immunol 171:2989-94. 2003..Finally, we provide evidence that RACK-1 may also serve as a scaffold protein in other cytokine systems such as IL-2, IL-4, and erythropoietin...
- Two distinct domains within the N-terminal region of Janus kinase 1 interact with cytokine receptorsAnna Usacheva
Department of Pharmacology, University of Illinois, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
J Immunol 169:1302-8. 2002....
- Polymorphisms in the interleukin-4 receptor alpha chain gene influence susceptibility to HIV-1 infection and its progression to AIDSAlex Soriano
Service of Infectious Diseases and AIDS Unit, Hospital Clinic de Barcelona, Villarroel, 170, 08036, Barcelona, Spain
Immunogenetics 57:644-54. 2005..objective is to investigate whether single-nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) in the IL-4 receptor alpha chain gene (IL4RA) affect HIV infection and its progression to AIDS...
- Human immunodeficiency virus type 1 tat gene up-regulates interleukin 4 receptors on a human B-lymphoblastoid cell lineR K Puri
Division of Cytokine Biology, Food and Drug Administration, Bethesda, Maryland 20892
Cancer Res 52:3787-90. 1992....
- Differential regulation of IL-1 production in human monocytes by IFN-gamma and IL-4R P Donnelly
Division of Cytokine Biology, Food and Drug Administration, Bethesda, MD 20892
J Immunol 145:569-75. 1990..Together these findings demonstrate that the relative levels of IFN-gamma and IL-4 may profoundly influence the state of monocyte activation by differentially regulating the expression of IL-1...
- Transcriptional up-regulation of interleukin 4 receptors by human immunodeficiency virus type 1 tat geneS R Husain
Laboratory of Molecular Tumor Biology, FDA, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses 12:1349-59. 1996..These results allow us to speculate that HIV-1 tat may interact directly with the IL-4R gene and up-regulate IL-4R transcription...
- Regulation of the dephosphorylation of Stat6. Participation of Tyr-713 in the interleukin-4 receptor alpha, the tyrosine phosphatase SHP-1, and the proteasomeErica M Hanson
Department of Immunology, Holland Laboratory, American Red Cross, Rockville, Maryland 20855, USA
J Biol Chem 278:3903-11. 2003..These results suggest that the loss of tyrosine phosphorylation of Stat6 is regulated by the action of SHP-1 and the proteasome but is not dependent on new protein synthesis...
- Cytokine and chemokine gene polymorphisms among ethnically diverse North Americans with HIV-1 infectionChengbin Wang
Department of Epidemiology, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL 35294, USA
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 35:446-54. 2004..13-4.82; P = 0.003-0.05) for several SNPs and haplotypes defined at the IL4, IL4R, IL6, IL10, CCL5 (RANTES), and CXCL12 (SDF1) loci...
- Association of non-HLA genes with type 1 diabetes autoimmunityAndrea K Steck
Barbara Davis Center for Childhood Diabetes, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Mail Stop A140, P O Box 6511, Aurora, CO 80045 6511, USA
Diabetes 54:2482-6. 2005..Genes involved in the IL-4 regulatory pathway (IL-4, IL-4R, IL-13) may confer susceptibility or protection to type 1 diabetes depending on individual SNPs or specific haplotypes...
- The IL-4 receptor: signaling mechanisms and biologic functionsK Nelms
Laboratory of Immunology, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Annu Rev Immunol 17:701-38. 1999..We particularly emphasize the modular nature of the receptor and the specialization of different receptor regions for distinct functions, most notably the independent regulation of cell growth and gene activation...
- Associations between specific serum IgE response and 6 variants within the genes IL4, IL13, and IL4RA in German children: the German Multicenter Atopy StudyXin Liu
Department of Epidemiology, Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, Baltimore, MD, USA
J Allergy Clin Immunol 113:489-95. 2004..C-590T in the IL4 gene, C-1055T and Arg130Gln in the IL13 gene, and Ile50Val, Ser478Pro, and Gln551Arg in the IL4RA gene)...
- [A study on the association between polymorphism of the interleukin-4 receptor alpha gene and bronchial asthma in a population of Han nationality]Yan Tang
Department of Respiratory Medicine, The First Affiliated Hospital of Jinan University, Guangzhou 510630, China
Zhonghua Jie He He Hu Xi Za Zhi 29:440-3. 2006..To detect the polymorphism of Ile50Val in the interleukin-4 receptor (IL-4R) alpha gene in a population of Han nationality, and to investigate the association between the polymorphism of Ile50Val and bronchial asthma...
- Interaction between variants in the interleukin-4 receptor alpha and interleukin-9 receptor genes in childhood wheezing: evidence from a birth cohort studyE Melen
Institute of Environmental Medicine, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
Clin Exp Allergy 36:1391-8. 2006Several polymorphisms in the IL-4 receptor alpha (IL4RA) gene have been associated with asthma and atopy, but with variable success in different populations...
- Polymorphisms in the IL-4, IL-4 receptor alpha chain, TNF-alpha, and lymphotoxin-alpha genes and risk of asthma in Hong Kong Chinese adultsJudith C W Mak
Division of Respiratory Medicine, Department of Medicine, The University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong, SAR, China
Int Arch Allergy Immunol 144:114-22. 2007..We aimed to investigate the association of the polymorphisms for IL-4 (C-589T), IL-4R alpha (Gln576Arg), TNF-alpha (G-308A) and LT-alpha (A252G) genes as candidates and asthma in adult Hong Kong Chinese population...
- Common polymorphisms in the coding part of the IL4-receptor geneK Deichmann
University Children s Hospital, University of Freiburg, Germany
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 231:696-7. 1997..Furthermore, the protein represents a candidate gene for several immunological disorders involving the IL4 pathway...
- The association of atopy with a gain-of-function mutation in the alpha subunit of the interleukin-4 receptorG K Hershey
Department of Pediatrics, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
N Engl J Med 337:1720-5. 1997..Atopic diseases are very common, and atopy has a strong genetic predisposition...
- Linkage and allelic association of atopy and markers flanking the IL4-receptor geneK A Deichmann
University Children s Hospital, University of Freiburg, Germany
Clin Exp Allergy 28:151-5. 1998..In 1994 linkage of the 5q32 gene region and elevated total IgE levels were reported, leaving the IL4 gene as a prominent candidate...
- Ile50Val variant of IL4R alpha upregulates IgE synthesis and associates with atopic asthmaH Mitsuyasu
Nat Genet 19:119-20. 1998
- Cutting edge: effects of an allergy-associated mutation in the human IL-4R alpha (Q576R) on human IL-4-induced signal transductionH Y Wang
Department of Immunology, Jerome Holland Laboratories, American Red Cross, Rockville, MD 20855, USA
J Immunol 162:4385-9. 1999....
- Crystal structure of the interleukin-4/receptor alpha chain complex reveals a mosaic binding interfaceT Hage
Institut für Physiologische Chemie II, Theodor Boveri Institut für Biowissen Schaften Biozentrum, Universitat Wurzburg, Germany
Cell 97:271-81. 1999..Novel insights on ligand binding in the cytokine receptor family and a paradigm for receptors of IL-2, IL-7, IL-9, and IL-15, which all utilize gamma c, are provided...
- The polymorphisms S503P and Q576R in the interleukin-4 receptor alpha gene are associated with atopy and influence the signal transductionS Kruse
University Children s Hospital, University of Freiburg, Freiburg, Germany
Immunology 96:365-71. 1999..This could explain the observed association effects with lowered total IgE concentrations...
- No association between atopy/asthma and the ILe50Val polymorphism of IL-4 receptorE Noguchi
Department of Pediatrics, Institute of Clinical Medicine, and Department of Medical Genetics, Institute of Basic Medical Sciences, University of Tsukuba, Tsukuba, Japan
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 160:342-5. 1999..Susceptibility to atopic diseases is known to involve genetic factors. The interleukin-4 (IL-4) receptor- alpha gene (IL4R) reportedly is involved in the development of atopy...
- Variation in the interleukin 4-receptor alpha gene confers susceptibility to asthma and atopy in ethnically diverse populationsC Ober
Department of Human Genetics, University of Chicago, Chicago, IL 60636, USA
Am J Hum Genet 66:517-26. 2000After a genomewide screen in the Hutterites was completed, the IL4RA gene was examined as the 16p-linked susceptibility locus for asthma and atopy...
- Gene-gene interaction in asthma: IL4RA and IL13 in a Dutch population with asthmaTimothy D Howard
Center for Human Genomics, Wake Forest University School of Medicine, Winston Salem, NC 27157, USA
Am J Hum Genet 70:230-6. 2002..These cytokines also share a common receptor component, IL4R alpha. We have investigated five IL4RA single-nucleotide polymorphisms in a population of Dutch families ascertained through a proband with asthma...
- Association of interleukin-4 and interleukin-1B gene variants with Larsen score progression in rheumatoid arthritisStephane Genevay
University Hospital of Geneva, Switzerland
Arthritis Rheum 47:303-9. 2002..To perform a genetic association study using markers in the interleukin-1 (IL-1) gene cluster and the IL-4/IL-4 receptor system genes, seeking evidence for involvement in the onset or the erosive outcome of rheumatoid arthritis (RA)...
- Genetic polymorphisms of the interleukin-4 receptor alpha gene are associated with an increasing risk and a poor prognosis of sporadic renal cell carcinoma in a Japanese populationEijiro Nakamura
Department of Urology, Kyoto University Graduate School of Medicine, Kyoto 606 8507, Japan
Clin Cancer Res 8:2620-5. 2002..The significance of the polymorphisms on the incidence and prognosis in sporadic RCC patients were examined to clarify the role of IL-4 as well as that of the Th1/Th2 immune system in this disease...
- Distribution in allele frequencies of predisposition-to-atopy genotypes in Chinese childrenT F Leung
Department of Paediatrics, Chinese University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong, China
Pediatr Pulmonol 34:419-24. 2002..Additional studies involving larger samples are required to investigate the association between asthma or atopy and the genotypes studied to date in Chinese children...
- Association and interaction of the IL4R, IL4, and IL13 loci with type 1 diabetes among FilipinosTeodorica L Bugawan
Roche Molecular Systems, Alameda, CA 94501, USA
Am J Hum Genet 72:1505-14. 2003..Ten single-nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs), including two promoter SNPs in the IL4R locus on chromosome 16p11, one promoter SNP in the IL4 locus on chromosome 5q31, and four SNPs--including two ..
- Polymorphisms in the IL-4 and IL-4R [alpha] genes and allergic asthmaTianpen Cui
Immunology Laboratory, Union Hospital, Tongji Medical College, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan, P R of China
Clin Chem Lab Med 41:888-92. 2003..16; p < 0.01), and also total plasma immunoglobulin E (IgE) level was increased in allergic asthma patients. These data suggest that the IL-4R alpha chain 576R/R genotypes confer genetic susceptibility to allergic asthma in Chinese...
- Polymorphisms of IL-4, IL-4R alpha, and AICDA genes in adult allergic asthmaTianpen Cui
Immunology Laboratory, Xiehe Hospital, Tongji Medical College, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan 430022
J Huazhong Univ Sci Technolog Med Sci 23:134-7. 2003..127, respectively; P < 0.01)] and was correlated with the increased plasma total IgE. These data suggested that the IL-4R alpha chain 576R/R and AICDA 8408T/T genotypes confer genetic susceptibility to adult allergic asthma in China...
- Gene-gene interaction between interleukin-4 and interleukin-4 receptor alpha in Korean children with asthmaS G Lee
Asan Institute for Life Sciences, University of Ulsan, Seoul, Korea
Clin Exp Allergy 34:1202-8. 2004..Interleukin-4 receptor alpha (IL-4Ralpha), which binds IL-4 and IL-13, is involved in signal transduction of those cytokines that lead to IgE production, and is also a key functional component of the Th2 lymphocyte phenotype...
- Haplotypes of the interleukin-4 receptor alpha chain gene associate with susceptibility to and severity of atopic asthmaA M Hytönen
Department of Clinical Immunology, Sahlgrenska University Hospital, University of Goteborg, Goteborg, Sweden
Clin Exp Allergy 34:1570-5. 2004..Several groups have suggested the gene of the IL-4 receptor alpha chain (IL4R) as a candidate gene for the development of asthma, although association with single polymorphisms has shown ..
- Effects of common atopy-associated amino acid substitutions in the IL-4 receptor alpha chain on IL-4 induced phenotypesIzolda Franjkovic
Institute of Clinical Immunology and Transfusion Medicine, Justus Liebig University, Langhansstrasse 7, 35392 Giessen, Germany
Immunogenetics 56:808-17. 2005The human IL-4 receptor alpha chain gene (IL4R) is highly polymorphic and controversial reports have been published with respect to the association of different single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) with atopy markers...
- [IL4RA gene polymorphism (Q576R) is associated with higher total IgE levels in Spanish patients with family history of atopy]Maria Isidoro-Garcia
Unidad de Medicina Molecular, Departamento de Medicina, Facultad de Medicina, Universidad de Salamanca, Salamanca, Spain
Med Clin (Barc) 124:211-2. 2005..There is an association between atopy and the polymorphism Q576R in the IL4RA gene...
- Polymorphisms associated with asthma are inversely related to glioblastoma multiformeJudith Schwartzbaum
Division of Epidemiology and Biometrics, School of Public Health, Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio 43210, USA
Cancer Res 65:6459-65. 2005..However, our findings are also consistent with associations between IL-4RA, IL-13, and GBM that are independent of their role in allergic conditions...
- Gene-gene interactions for asthma and plasma total IgE concentration in Chinese childrenIris H S Chan
Department of Chemical Pathology, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Prince of Wales Hospital, Shatin, Hong Kong
J Allergy Clin Immunol 117:127-33. 2006..Asthma is a complex disease resulting from interactions between multiple genes and environmental factors. Study of gene-gene interactions could provide insight into asthma pathophysiology...
- Association of the IL4R single-nucleotide polymorphism I50V with rapidly erosive rheumatoid arthritisIryna Prots
Nikolaus Fiebiger Center for Molecular Medicine, Clinical Research Group III, University of Erlangen Nuremberg, Germany
Arthritis Rheum 54:1491-500. 2006To examine whether single-nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) of the interleukin-4 receptor gene IL4R influence susceptibility to, or radiographic progression in, rheumatoid arthritis (RA).
- Polymorphisms in the IL-13 and IL-4 receptor alpha genes and allergic rhinitisJeong Joong Kim
Department of Anatomy, Wonkwang Institute of Medical Science, Wonkwang University School of Medicine, Iksan, Chonbuk, South Korea
Eur Arch Otorhinolaryngol 264:395-9. 2007..Our results suggest that the IL-13 exon 4 G2044A polymorphism confers susceptibility to the development of allergic rhinitis in Koreans, whereas the IL-4Ralpha Gln551Arg polymorphism is not related to allergic rhinitis...
- Diisocyanate asthma and gene-environment interactions with IL4RA, CD-14, and IL-13 genesDavid I Bernstein
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Immunology, University of Cincinnati Medical Center, Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol 97:800-6. 2006..Diisocyanate asthma (DA) affects 2% to 10% of exposed workers, yet the pathogenetic mechanisms underlying this disorder remain ill defined...
- Interleukin-4 and interleukin-4 receptor polymorphisms and colorectal cancer riskStefano Landi
Genetics Department of Biology, University of Pisa, Via S Giuseppe 22, 56126, Pisa, Italy
Eur J Cancer 43:762-8. 2007..The aim of the study was to evaluate whether genetic variants within IL4 and IL4R could affect the individual risk to develop colorectal cancer...
- Ethnicity-specific gene-gene interaction between IL-13 and IL-4Ralpha among African Americans with asthmaNatalie C Battle
University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94143 2911, USA
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 175:881-7. 2007..Furthermore, interaction between these genes has been shown to affect asthma in white and Chinese populations...
- Association between Q551R IL4R genetic variants and atopic asthma risk demonstrated by meta-analysisMatthew J Loza
Department of Internal Medicine, Center for Human Genomics, Wake Forest University School of Medicine, Winston Salem, NC, USA
J Allergy Clin Immunol 120:578-85. 2007b>IL4R, the gene encoding the alpha chain of the IL-4 and IL-13 receptors, has received extensive attention as a candidate gene for asthma risk...
- Single nucleotide polymorphisms of cytokine genes in the healthy Slovak populationJ Javor
Department of Immunology, School of Medicine, Comenius University, Saskinova 4, 811 08 Bratislava, Slovakia
Int J Immunogenet 34:273-80. 2007..However, several differences were found between the Slovak and four populations from Southern Europe. The obtained data represent a basis for further studies on association of cytokine gene polymorphisms with some diseases...
- Association of IL4R gene polymorphisms with asthma in Chinese populationsHaibing Zhang
Institute of Health Science, Shanghai Institutes for Biological Sciences of CAS and Ruijin Hospital, Shanghai Jiaotong University School of Medicine, Shanghai, 200025, China
Hum Mutat 28:1046. 2007..5kb) of eight genes, including IL4, IL13, IL12B, IL5, IL3, IL9, CD14 and IL4R. We identified 42 single nucleotide polymorphisms, 15 of which were novel...
- Allergies, variants in IL-4 and IL-4R alpha genes, and risk of pancreatic cancerSara H Olson
Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY 10021, USA
Cancer Detect Prev 31:345-51. 2007..Although genes have been identified that are critical in allergic response, polymorphisms in these genes have not been studied in relation to risk of pancreatic cancer. We hypothesized that variants in these genes are related to risk...
- Study of gene-gene interactions for endophenotypic quantitative traits in Chinese asthmatic childrenI H S Chan
Department of Chemical Pathology, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Prince of Wales Hospital, Shatin, Hong Kong
Allergy 63:1031-9. 2008..Asthma is a complex disease resulting from interactions between multiple genes and environmental factors. Study of gene-gene interactions could provide insight into the pathophysiology of asthma...
- Correlation between genetic polymorphism of cytokine genes, plasma protein levels and bronchial asthma in the Han people in northern ChinaLiu Xiaomin
Department of Respiratory, The First Affliatied Hospital, Harbin Medical University, Heilongjiang Province, China
J Asthma 45:583-9. 2008..This study was designed to reveal the relationship among genetic polymorphism of cytokine genes, expression levels of cytokines and incidence of bronchial asthma...
- Polymorphisms in the interleukin-4 receptor gene are associated with better survival in patients with glioblastomaMichael E Scheurer
Department of Epidemiology, M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Clin Cancer Res 14:6640-6. 2008..Malignant gliomas are the most common type of primary brain tumor in adults, however, few prognostic factors have been identified...
- Association between interleukin-4R and TGF-β1 gene polymorphisms and the risk of colorectal cancer in a Korean populationY S Lee
Department of Surgery, The Catholic University of Korea, Seoul, Korea
Colorectal Dis 12:1208-12. 2010..The authors analysed the association between genetic polymorphisms in cytokine/cytokine receptor genes and the risk of colorectal cancer in a Korean population...
- Epithelial interleukin-4 receptor expression promotes colon tumor growthFelicitas L Koller
Section of Surgical Sciences, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, TN 37232, USA
Carcinogenesis 31:1010-7. 2010..An orthotopic allograft model was used to determine in vivo effects of tumor cell-specific IL4Ra ablation...
- Association and gene-gene interactions of eight common single-nucleotide polymorphisms with pediatric asthma in middle chinaXiaohui Wu
Department of Clinical Laboratory, Union Hospital of Tongji Medical College, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan 430022, China
J Asthma 47:238-44. 2010..Asthma is a common polygenic disease, caused by complex interactions between multiple genes and environmental factors. Study of the gene-gene interactions would contribute to a new insight into the pathogenesis and therapeutics of asthma...
- Interleukin 13 and interleukin 4 receptor-α polymorphisms in rhinitis and asthmaRenske W B Bottema
Department of Pulmonology, University Medical Center, University of Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands
Int Arch Allergy Immunol 153:259-67. 2010..Genetic research can increase our understanding of their common or distinct pathogenesis. IL13 and IL4R polymorphisms are associated with asthma and show gene-gene interaction in asthma...
- Expression of IL-4/IL-13 receptors in differentiating human airway epithelial cellsSteven R White
Department of Medicine, University of Chicago, Chicago, Illinois 60637, USA
Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 299:L681-93. 2010....
- Attempted replication of 50 reported asthma risk genes identifies a SNP in RAD50 as associated with childhood atopic asthmaWilliam Murk
Department of Epidemiology and Public Health, Yale University School of Public Health, New Haven, Conn, USA
Hum Hered 71:97-105. 2011..We sought to replicate an association between single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) of the top-ranked candidate genes and childhood atopic asthma in Perinatal Risk of Asthma in Infants of Asthmatic Mothers (PRAM) study subjects...
- Polymorphisms in the IL-13 and IL-4R genes are associated with the development of renal cell carcinomaH Chu
State Key Laboratory of Reproductive Medicine, Institute of Toxicology, Department of Molecular and Genetic Toxicology, School of Public Health, Nanjing Medical University, and Department of Urology, The First Affiliated Hospital of Nanjing Medical University, Nanjing, China
Ann Oncol 23:2114-21. 2012..It has been suggested that the imbalance of immune system of the host might affect the generation of diseases, including cancers...
- Polymorphisms of TREH, IL4R and CCDC26 genes associated with risk of gliomaShanqu Li
Medical Center of Tangdu Hospital, The Fourth Military Medical University, Xi an, China
Cancer Epidemiol 36:283-7. 2012..The role of heredity is likely to be explained by combinations of common low-risk variants. Previous studies have indicated that more than 100 single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) are associated with the risk of glioma...
- Gene-gene interactions between candidate gene polymorphisms are associated with total IgE levels in Korean children with asthmaWon Ah Choi
Asan Institute for Life Sciences, Seoul, Korea
J Asthma 49:243-52. 2012....
- Expression of interleukin-4 and interleukin-13 and their receptors in colorectal cancerAndrea Formentini
Department of General, Visceral, and Transplantation Surgery, University of Ulm, Steinhovelstrasse 9, Ulm, Germany
Int J Colorectal Dis 27:1369-76. 2012..The aim of this study was to characterize their expression in primary colorectal cancer specimens and to evaluate possible functions for this disease...
- Biological and genetic determinants of atopy are predictors of immediate-type allergy to betalactams, in SpainJ A Cornejo-Garcia
Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale, Nutrition Génétique Exposition aux risques environnementaux, Faculte de Medecine et Centre Hospitalier Universitaire, Nancy Universite, France
Allergy 67:1181-5. 2012..Betalactam (BL) immediate-type allergy is influenced by environmental and genetic determinants, as illustrated by differences in worldwide prevalence and ethnicity from a same area and by associations with genes related to atopy...
- Association between polymorphisms in interleukin-4Rα and interleukin-13 and glioma risk: a meta-analysisGuan Sun
Department of Neurosurgery, The First People s Hospital of Yancheng affiliated with Nantong University, Yancheng 224001, PR China
Cancer Epidemiol 37:306-10. 2013..Single nucleotide polymorphisms in two allergy-related genes [interleukin (IL)-4Rα, IL-13] have been implicated in susceptibility to glioma; however, results from the published studies remained inconclusive...
- Genetic association between selected cytokine genes and glioblastoma in the Han Chinese populationTianbo Jin
School of Life Sciences, Northwest University, Xi an 710069, China
BMC Cancer 13:236. 2013..This study aims to detect the association of cytokine genes with GBM...
- The high-affinity interaction of human IL-4 and the receptor alpha chain is constituted by two independent binding clustersJin Li Zhang
Department of Physiological Chemistry II, Biocenter, University of Wuerzburg, Am Hubland, 97074 Wuerzburg, Germany
J Mol Biol 315:399-407. 2002..These results show that the high-affinity IL-4/IL4-BP contact is constituted by two independent binding units, each containing a central polar or charged side-chain surrounded by hydrophobic groups (avocado cluster)...
- V75R576 IL-4 receptor alpha is associated with allergic asthma and enhanced IL-4 receptor functionKimberly A Risma
Division of Allergy and Immunology, Department of Pediatrics, Children s Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, OH 45229, USA
J Immunol 169:1604-10. 2002..These data illustrate the importance of studying snps in combination, because the functional significance of a given snp may only be evident in a specific setting of additional snps in the same or different genes...
- Functional effect of the R110Q IL13 genetic variant alone and in combination with IL4RA genetic variantsWeiguo Chen
Division of Allergy and Immunology, Department of Pediatrics, Cincinnati Children s Hospital, Cincinnati, OH 45229, USA
J Allergy Clin Immunol 114:553-60. 2004..IL-13 mediates its effects via its receptor, a heterodimer composed of IL-4R alpha and IL-13R alpha1. Polymorphic variants of both IL-13 and IL-4R alpha have been shown to be associated with atopy...
- Polymorphisms in the IL4 and IL4RA genes in Colombian patients with rheumatoid arthritisOlga Moreno
Laboratorio de Inmunologia y Biologia Molecular, Grupo de Inmunología y Epidemiología Molecular, Facultad de Salud, Universidad Industrial de Santander, Bucaramanga, Spain
J Rheumatol 34:36-42. 2007..We analyzed 2 polymorphisms of the IL4 gene and 4 polymorphisms of the IL4RA gene in patients with RA and in a control population, as well as rheumatoid factor (RF) seropositivity, titers of ..
- Polymorphisms of interleukin (IL)-4 receptor alpha and signal transducer and activator of transcription-6 (Stat6) are associated with increased IL-4Ralpha-Stat6 signalling in lymphocytes and elevated serum IgE in patients with Graves' diseaseK Yabiku
Department of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Internal Medicine, University of the Ryukyus School of Medicine, Okinawa, Japan
Clin Exp Immunol 148:425-31. 2007..05 and 2.2-fold; P < 0.05, respectively). These findings suggest that polymorphisms in the IL-4Ralpha and Stat6 genes play an important role in elevation of serum IgE through increased Stat6 action in patients with Graves' disease...
- Association of TGF-beta1, CD14, IL-4, IL-4R and ADAM33 gene polymorphisms with asthma severity in children and adolescentsIsabel C J de Faria
Departamento de Genetica, Faculdade de Ciencias Medicas, Universidade Estadual de Campinas, Campinas, SP
J Pediatr (Rio J) 84:203-10. 2008....
- Lack of association or interactions between the IL-4, IL-4Ralpha and IL-13 genes, and rheumatoid arthritisIoanna Marinou
Section of Musculoskeletal Sciences, School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences, The University of Sheffield, Royal Hallamshire Hospital, Sheffield, UK
Arthritis Res Ther 10:R80. 2008..The aim of the present study was to investigate the role of polymorphism in the IL-4, IL-4Ralpha and IL-13 genes in RA, including an examination of epistasis...
- Analysis of polymorphisms in olive pollen allergy: IL13, IL4RA, IL5 and ADRB2 genesElena Llanes
Servicio de Inmunologia, Fundacion Jimenez Diaz Capio, CIBERES ISCIII, Madrid, Spain
Int Arch Allergy Immunol 148:228-38. 2009..analyze the possible implication of 7 genetic polymorphisms described as asthma susceptibility genes: IL13 (C-1112T and R130Q), IL4RA (I50V, Q551R), IL5 (C-746T) and ADRB2 (Q27E and R16G) in specific olive pollen allergic sensitization.
- An association study of 13 SNPs from seven candidate genes with pediatric asthma and a preliminary study for genetic testing by multiple variants in Taiwanese populationJiu Yao Wang
Department of Pediatrics and Institute of Molecular Medicine, College of Medicine, National Cheng Kung University, Tainan, Taiwan
J Clin Immunol 29:205-9. 2009..Because of the heterogeneity of the disease and the genetic and cultural differences among different populations, a proper association study and genetic testing for asthma and susceptibility genes is difficult to perform...
- Interleukin-4-receptor alpha gene polymorphism and the risk of renal cell carcinoma in a South Indian populationShruthi Mohan
Department of Human Genetics, Sri Ramachandra University, Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
Asian Pac J Cancer Prev 10:295-8. 2009..Stratified analysis based on the genotypes and the stage of tumor revealed no significant association. Thus, the present study indicates that IL4Ralpha could be a candidate gene for assessing the risk of RCC...
- Interleukin-4/interleukin-4 receptor gene polymorphisms in hand osteoarthritisM Vargiolu
Unità di Genetica Medica, Policlinico Universitario S Orsola Malpighi, Bologna, Italy
Osteoarthritis Cartilage 18:810-6. 2010..IL-13/IL-4/IL-4R system has strong chondroprotective activity. We investigated polymorphisms in these genes as potential hand osteoarthritis (OA) susceptibility loci by performing a case-control association study...
- Association of Q551R polymorphism in the interleukin 4 receptor gene with nonatopic asthma in Slovenian childrenVojko Berce
Department of Pediatrics, General Hospital Murska Sobota, Murska Sobota, Slovenia
Wien Klin Wochenschr 122:11-8. 2010..The single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) Q551R in the IL4RA gene and C-33T in the IL4 gene probably influence IL4/IL4R pathway signaling; however, findings in association ..
- An IL-4 receptor region containing an insulin receptor motif is important for IL-4-mediated IRS-1 phosphorylation and cell growthA D Keegan
Laboratory of Immunology, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892
Cell 76:811-20. 1994..Thus, the central tyrosine of the I4R motif has a major role in IL-4-mediated signal transduction in 32D cells...
- Novel interleukin-4 and interleukin-1 receptor antagonist gene variations associated with non-cardia gastric cancer in Japan: comprehensive analysis of 207 polymorphisms of 11 cytokine genesHiroshi Seno
Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Kyoto University Graduate School of Medicine, Kyoto, Japan
J Gastroenterol Hepatol 22:729-37. 2007..The present study examines the significance of gene polymorphisms of various cytokines in the development of gastric cancer following H. pylori infection...
- The interleukin-4 receptor gene (IL4R) maps to 16p11.2-16p12.1 in human and to the distal region of mouse chromosome 7M A Pritchard
Department of Cytogenetics and Molecular Genetics, Adelaide Children s Hospital, Australia
Genomics 10:801-6. 1991The chromosomal location of both the human and the mouse interleukin-4 receptor (IL4R) genes have been determined. The human gene was localized to 16p11.2-16p12...
- The IL-4 receptor alpha-chain cytoplasmic domain is sufficient for activation of JAK-1 and STAT6 and the induction of IL-4-specific gene expressionM Reichel
Department of Dermatology, Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York, NY 10032, USA
J Immunol 158:5860-7. 1997....
- Identification of a novel single-nucleotide polymorphism (Val554Ile) and definition of eight common alleles for human IL4RA exon 11F Lozano
Servei d Immunologia, Institut d Investigacions Biomediques August Pi i Sunyer IDIBAPS, Hospital Clinic, Barcelona, Spain
Tissue Antigens 57:216-20. 2001The interleukin (IL)-4 receptor alpha chain gene (IL4RA) is a polymorphic gene which is reportedly involved in the development of atopy...
- Asthma and IL-4 receptor alpha gene variantsM Wjst
German Asthma Genetics Group, Munich, Germany
Eur J Immunogenet 29:263-8. 2002..As there could be interactions with multiple genetic and environmental factors, IL4Ralpha could still be involved in asthma pathogenesis...
- Association of IL4R haplotypes with type 1 diabetesDaniel B Mirel
Department of Human Genetics, Roche Molecular Systems, Alameda, California 94501, USA
Diabetes 51:3336-41. 2002..the Human Biological Data Interchange Repository), the association of type 1 diabetes with polymorphisms in the IL4R gene. IL4R encodes a subunit of the interleukin-4 receptor, a molecule critical to T-helper cell development...
- Selective induction of eotaxin release by interleukin-13 or interleukin-4 in human airway smooth muscle cells is synergistic with interleukin-1beta and is mediated by the interleukin-4 receptor alpha-chainStuart J Hirst
Department of Respiratory Medicine and Allergy, The Guy s, King s and St Thomas School of Medicine, King s College London, Guy s Hospital Campus, London, United Kingdom
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 165:1161-71. 2002..Collectively, the data suggest that selective eotaxin release induced either by IL-13 and IL-4 or when combined with IL-1beta is mediated by a constitutive cell surface IL-4Ralpha and the activation of multiple intracellular pathways...
- Roles for the interleukin-4 receptor and associated JAK/STAT proteins in human articular chondrocyte mechanotransductionS J Millward-Sadler
Osteoarticular Research Group, Division of Pathology, University of Edinburgh, Medical School, Edinburgh, EH8 9AG, UK
Osteoarthritis Cartilage 14:991-1001. 2006To identify functional interleukin-4 (IL4) receptor (IL4R) subtypes and associated Janus kinase/signal transducers and activators of transcription (JAK/STAT) molecules in human articular chondrocytes and assess the role of JAK/STAT ..
- Expression and production of interleukin 4 in B-cell chronic lymphocytic leukaemiaT Mainou-Fowler
University Department of Haematology, School of Clinical and Laboratory Sciences, Royal Victoria Infirmary, Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
Leuk Lymphoma 42:689-98. 2001..isolated B-CLL cells enriched for B- and T-cells did not express mRNA for IL4 but expressed mRNA for IL4 receptor (IL4R)...
- Polymorphisms in the interleukin-4 and interleukin-4 receptor alpha chain genes confer susceptibility to asthma and atopy in a Caucasian populationB Beghe
Divisions of Human Genetics Infection, Inflammation and Repair, School of Medicine, University of Southampton, UK
Clin Exp Allergy 33:1111-7. 2003..IL-4 by binding to its receptor (IL-4R) is essential for the development of airway inflammation present in asthma, through the induction of IgE synthesis in B cells and differentiation of T cells to a Th2 phenotype...
- The activity of interleukin-4 receptor alpha-chain promoter is regulated by a GT box elementBeatriz Dorado
Unidad de Regulación Génica, Centro Nacional de Microbiologia, Instituto de Salud Carlos III, Carretera Majadahonda Pozuelo Km 2, 28220 Madrid, Spain
Mol Immunol 43:1808-16. 2006..Experiments in SL2 cells, which lack endogenous Sp proteins, show that IL-4Ralpha minimal promoter is transactivated by proteins of Sp family...
- Regulation of IL-13 receptor alpha 1 expression and signaling on human tonsillar B-lymphocyte subsetsOumnia Hajoui
Meakins Christie Laboratories, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
J Allergy Clin Immunol 120:1425-32. 2007..T(H)2 cytokines play crucial roles in driving human B lymphocytes to produce IgE. However, it is unclear whether IL-4 and IL-13 have parallel or sequential roles in the development of B lymphocytes...
- IL-4Ralpha responsiveness of non-CD4 T cells contributes to resistance in schistosoma mansoni infection in pan-T cell-specific IL-4Ralpha-deficient miceBenjamin Dewals
International Centre for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology ICGEB University Campus, Room S1 27 Werner Beith South Wing, Observatory 7925, Cape Town, South Africa
Am J Pathol 175:706-16. 2009..Here we generated a novel mouse model lacking IL-4Ralpha expression specifically on all T cells (iLck(cre)Il4ra(-/lox)), which was compared with CD4(+) T cell-specific IL-4Ralpha-deficient mice (Lck(cre)Il4ra(-/lox)), to ..
- A region on equine chromosome 13 is linked to recurrent airway obstruction in horsesU Jost
Equine Clinic, Department of Veterinary Clinical Studies, University of Berne, Vetsuisse Faculty Berne, Linggassstrasse 124, CH 3012 Berne, Switzerland
Equine Vet J 39:236-41. 2007..Interleukin 4 receptor a chain (IL4RA) is a candidate gene because of its role in the development of human asthma, confirmation of this association is ..
- Lack of interleukin-4 receptor alpha chain-dependent signalling promotes azoxymethane-induced colorectal aberrant crypt focus formation in Balb/c miceC W S Ko
Section of Molecular Gastroenterology, Leeds Institute of Molecular Medicine, University of Leeds, Wellcome Trust Brenner Building, St James s University Hospital, Leeds LS9 7TF, UK
J Pathol 214:603-9. 2008....
- Control of Schistosoma mansoni egg-induced inflammation by IL-4-responsive CD4(+)CD25(-)CD103(+)Foxp3(-) cells is IL-10-dependentBenjamin Dewals
International Centre for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology ICGEB and Institute of Infectious Disease and Molecular Medicine IIDMM, Division of Immunology, University of Cape Town, Cape Town, South Africa
Eur J Immunol 40:2837-47. 2010..mice was accompanied with Th2-biased responses, whereas T-cell-specific IL-4Rα-deficient BALB/c mice (iLck(cre)Il4ra(-) (/lox)) developed Th1-biased responses with heightened inflammation...
- A gene-dosage effect for interleukin-4 receptor alpha-chain expression has an impact on Th2-mediated allergic inflammation during bronchopulmonary mycosisUwe Muller
Institute of Immunology, College of Veterinary Medicine, University of Leipzig, An den Tierkliniken 11, Leipzig, Germany
J Infect Dis 198:1714-21. 2008..mice and no expression in IL-4Ralpha(-/-) mice, indicating biallelic expression of the gene for IL-4Ralpha (Il4ra)...
- Unique functions of the type II interleukin 4 receptor identified in mice lacking the interleukin 13 receptor alpha1 chainThirumalai R Ramalingam
Laboratory of Parasitic Diseases, National Institutes of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Nat Immunol 9:25-33. 2008..In contrast to Il4ra-/- mice, which have weak T(H)2 responses, Il13ra1-/- mice had exacerbated T(H)2 responses...
- Evidence of balanced diversity at the chicken interleukin 4 receptor alpha chain locusTim Downing
Smurfit Institute of Genetics, Trinity College, University of Dublin, Dublin, Ireland
BMC Evol Biol 9:136. 2009..Signatures of selection detected by inter-species comparison may then be investigated at the population level in global chicken populations to highlight potentially relevant functional polymorphisms...
- Expression of the extracellular region of the human interleukin-4 receptor alpha chain and interleukin-13 receptor alpha1 chain by a silkworm-baculovirus systemEijiro Honjo
Neutron Biology Research Center, Quantum Beam Science Directorate, Japan Atomic Energy Agency, 2 4 Shirakata Shirane, Tokai, Ibaraki 319 1195, Japan
Protein Expr Purif 60:25-30. 2008..Combining these data with the moderate affinity of IL-13 to IL-13Ralpha1, this indicates that IL-13 first binds to IL-13Ralpha1 and recruits consequently to IL-4R...
- Pathogenicity of a disease-associated human IL-4 receptor allele in experimental asthmaRaffi Tachdjian
Division of Immunology, Allergy, and Rheumatology, Department of Pediatrics, David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California, Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
J Exp Med 206:2191-204. 2009..Our findings indicate that the Q576R polymorphism directly promotes asthma in carrier populations by selectively augmenting IL-4R alpha-dependent signaling...
- Daniela Cihakova; Fiscal Year: 2015..1). To farther examine the sufficiency and necessity of Th2 differentiation for Eo-EAM development, we will employ IL4R[unreadable]F709 mice, which carry a point mutation in the IL4 receptor essentially rendering the signaling pathway ..
- TALAL AMINE CHATILA; Fiscal Year: 2016..By employing incisive genetic mouse models, we have established a causative link between Il4ra alleles and atopy and asthma...
- A role for miRNAs in adenosine-dependent alternative macrophage activationSamuel Joseph Leibovich; Fiscal Year: 2013..TLR agonists such as LPS, while M2 activation is broadly defined as mediated by IL4 or IL13 through the common IL4Ra. We have discovered a novel IL4Ra-independent pathway that is mediated by TLR agonists together with adenosine A2A/..
- Biomarkers of survival in glioma epidemiologyJohn K Wiencke; Fiscal Year: 2013..sCD23 and sCD14), tumor markers (CD23 protein and IL13RA2 mRNA expression), and constitutive SNPs in IL4, IL13, IL4R, IL13RA1, and IL13RA2...
- MOLECULAR ANALYSIS OF GENE REGULATION BY IL4R ALPHAJohn Ryan; Fiscal Year: 2003..These experiments will yield a greater understanding of the structure-function relationship if IL-4Ra and STAT6, and an understanding of these functions in cell signaling and allergic disease. ..
- RNA-Seq studies of Gene Expression in Cells and Networks in FI and ACC in AutismBarbara J Wold; Fiscal Year: 2010..We found that VENs express receptors for the cytokines interleukin 4 (IL4R) and interleukin 6 (IL6R) in normal and autistic subjects, and RNA-Seq identified a prominent gene network related ..
- Jorge A Bezerra; Fiscal Year: 2016..Here, we propose to dissect these signals by investigating the properties of the alarmin IL33 and the IL13-IL4R?-STAT6 axis in cholangiocyte proliferation and restoration of epithelial integrity in experimental biliary atresia...
- UTPAL P DAVE; Fiscal Year: 2016..a non-receptor tyrosine kinase that binds with IL2RG to transduce signals from multiple cytokine receptors (IL2R, IL4R, IL7R, IL9R, IL15R, and IL21R) upon ligand binding...
- Stephania Cormier; Fiscal Year: 2016..The concepts presented here are novel;and the data derived from these studies are expected to have a positive paradigm-shifting impact in understanding RSV- mediated asthma. ..
- LEISHMANIA INFECTION IN BALB/C IL4 NEG AND IL4R NEG MICENancy Noben Trauth; Fiscal Year: 2002..major parasites and will offer alternative theories to the Th1/Th2 paradigm in general. These studies also will lead to new interpretations of the action of anti-IL-4 treatment in vivo. ..
- IL13-responsive genes in goblet cell metaplasia in asthmaMary Rose; Fiscal Year: 2007..Candidate master genes will be evaluated for co-localization with IL4R and for binding to Stat6 by chromatin immunoprecipitation assay (ChIP) and functionally evaluated in vitro in ..
- Gutless Adenovirus Mediated Targeted Therapeutics for GliomaMarianela Candolfi; Fiscal Year: 2009..mulL4 acts as an antagonist, binding to IL13R/IL4R present in normal cells, but it does not interact with IL13a2R expressed on glioma cells, nor does it affect the ..
- Genetic & epidemiologic cohort study of asthma & allergySusan Ewart; Fiscal Year: 2009..asthma and other allergies, we will investigate candidate genes thought to mediate allergic inflammation, IL4, IL4R, IL13, IL1 and IL1RN, in DNA samples collected from our cohort of children...
- The role of myeloid suppressor cells in tumor-specific toleranceIvan M Borrello; Fiscal Year: 2011..Specifically, we will study the role of IL4Ra+ MSCs utilizing the LysMcre IL4Ra+flox mice in immunosuppression...
- The role of IL-4 and IL-4Ralpha in the multi-step process of Th2 developmentMarkus Mohrs; Fiscal Year: 2011..In contrast to in vitro studies, our preliminary data show that Th2 priming occurs surprisingly efficient in IL4Ra-/- 4get mice infected with the murine helminth H. polygyrus...
- IL4R AND IMMUNITY TO GI NEMATODE PARASITESFred Finkelman; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- ASSEMBLY/REGULATION OF CD40 RECEPTOR COMPLEX IN B CELLSRandolph Noelle; Fiscal Year: 2001..Both IL4R and mIg signalling differentially alter the TRAF composition of the CD40 receptor complex and the biological ..
- PHASE I/II STUDY OF SIMVASTATIN (ZOCOR) THERAPY IN SICKLE CELL DISEASECarolyn Hoppe; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] 2. To assess the safety and tolerability of oral simvastatin in patients with SCD. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Allergic Condition Biomarkers and Glioma RiskJudith Schwartzbaum; Fiscal Year: 2004..Assuming a 0.05 significance level and 80 percent power, depending on the polymorphism, the proposed sample is large enough to detect a confounding-adjusted odds ratios of 0.6. ..
- Gene Expession in Conditioned Taste AversionLouis Irwin; Fiscal Year: 2002..As such, it represents a more realistic view of the way in which a system as complex as the brain likely processes and encodes experiential information. ..
- BACKTRACKING TRANSLOCATIONS IN CHILDHOOD LEUKEMIAJoseph Wiemels; Fiscal Year: 2006..We are ultimately working to elucidate the origin and causes of a cancer that might be preventable. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- CORTICOSTEROID INDUCED APOPTOSIS IN AIRWAY EPITHELIUMSteven White; Fiscal Year: 2002..These data would help lead to new therapeutic ideas and modalities in the treatment of asthma to suppress inflammation while preventing mucosal damage. ..
- TGF-BETA AND MATRIX METALLOPROTEINASES IN AIRWAY REPAIRSally Wenzel; Fiscal Year: 2002..abstract_text> ..
- INHALED STEROID ADHERENCE IN MODERATE & SEVERE ASTHMAAndrea Apter; Fiscal Year: 2004..Upon the foundation of my prior clinical experience and education, this training program is designed to equip me with the additional skills and research experience necessary to become a fully independent investigator. ..
- Inflammation of Myofibroblasts and Loss of Elastic Recoil in Severe AsthmaSally E Wenzel; Fiscal Year: 2010..Completing these aims should lead to an improved understanding of the contribution of inflammation and injury repair in the small airways/alveoli to the development of severe asthma. These findings may improve therapy as well. ..
- ESTROGEN, DIET, GENETICS AND ENDOMETRIAL CANCERSara Olson; Fiscal Year: 2005..This study will provide data on genetic susceptibility in endometrial cancer in conjunction with established risk factors, as well as the first epidemiologic data on the more lethal serous and clear cell tumors. ..
- Regulation of airway epithelial repairSteven R White; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Individualized Interventions to Improve Asthma AdherenceAndrea Apter; Fiscal Year: 2009..We will estimate the incremental cost-effectiveness of PS. ..
- Meningioma: Risk Factors and Quality of LifeJOSEPH LEO WIEMELS; Fiscal Year: 2010..This study represents the first concentrated effort to examine environmental and genetic risk factors for meningioma. ..
- EFFECTS OF VOLCANIC AIR POLLUTION ON RESPIRATORY HEALTHElizabeth Tam; Fiscal Year: 2005..Aim 5 provides an iterative phase to consolidate skills and generate new hypotheses. In selecting these specific aims, then, the investigators have also outlined broad strokes of a hands-on research curriculum for the community. ..
- Natural Killer Dendritic Cells in CancerBRYAN BURT; Fiscal Year: 2007..We anticipate that our findings will elucidate how this novel cell type may contribute to a variety of immune processes and how NKDC may be useful in the treatment of cancer. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Th2 effects on eicosanoid pathways: implications for altered innate responses inSally E Wenzel; Fiscal Year: 2010..These three aims should provide new insights into how relationships between innate and adaptive/allergic immune responses influence inflammatory/repair, and finally clinical outcomes in chronic and acute asthma. ..
- HLA-DP SEQUENCE POLYMORPHISM AND DISEASE PREDISPOSITIONHenry Erlich; Fiscal Year: 2003..This method will be applied to HPV-infected cervical samples and an in vitro system with GAD peptide stimulation to study the HLA associations with cervical cancer and type 1 diabetes. ..