Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: IL37
Description: interleukin 37
Alias: FIL1, FIL1(ZETA), FIL1Z, IL-1F7, IL-1H, IL-1H4, IL-1RP1, IL-37, IL1F7, IL1H4, IL1RP1, interleukin-37, FIL1 zeta, IL-1 zeta, IL-1F7b (IL-1H4, IL-1H, IL-1RP1), IL-1X protein, IL1F7 (canonical product IL-1F7b), interleukin 1 family member 7, interleukin 1, zeta, interleukin-1 homolog 4, interleukin-1 superfamily z, interleukin-1-related protein, interleukin-23
- Two novel IL-1 family members, IL-1 delta and IL-1 epsilon, function as an antagonist and agonist of NF-kappa B activation through the orphan IL-1 receptor-related protein 2R Debets
DNAX Research Institute of Molecular and Cellular Biology, 901 California Avenue, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA
J Immunol 167:1440-6. 2001....
- A physical map of the region encompassing the human interleukin-1 alpha, interleukin-1 beta, and interleukin-1 receptor antagonist genesM J Nicklin
Department of Medicine and Pharmacology, University of Sheffield, Royal Hallamshire Hospital, United Kingdom
Genomics 19:382-4. 1994..Relative to one terminal CpG island, the three genes were mapped to the following intervals: IL1A was between +0 and +35 kb, IL1B was between +70 and +110 kb, and IL1RN was between +330 and +430 kb...
- IL1HY1: A novel interleukin-1 receptor antagonist geneJ J Mulero
Functional Genomics Department, Immunology Group, Hyseq Inc, 670 Almanor Avenue, Sunnyvale, California 94086, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 263:702-6. 1999..Furthermore, the message can be induced in THP-1 cells by phorbol ester (PMA) and lipopolysaccharide (LPS) treatment...
- IL-37 is a fundamental inhibitor of innate immunityMarcel F Nold
Department of Medicine, University of Colorado Denver, Aurora, Colorado, USA
Nat Immunol 11:1014-22. 2010The function of interleukin 37 (IL-37; formerly IL-1 family member 7) has remained elusive...
- Interleukin 37 expression protects mice from colitisEoin N McNamee
Department of Medicine, Section of Pediatric Gastroenterology, Digestive Health Institute, Children s Hospital Colorado, University of Colorado Denver, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 108:16711-6. 2011..Thus, IL-37 emerges as key modulator of intestinal inflammation...
- Interleukin-37 reduces liver inflammatory injury via effects on hepatocytes and non-parenchymal cellsNozomu Sakai
Department of Surgery, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
J Gastroenterol Hepatol 27:1609-16. 2012..The purpose of the present study was to determine the effects of interleukin-37 (IL-37) on liver cells and on liver inflammation induced by hepatic ischemia/reperfusion (I/R)...
- Four new members expand the interleukin-1 superfamilyD E Smith
Immunex Corp, Seattle, Washington 98101, USA
J Biol Chem 275:1169-75. 2000..of four new members of the interleukin-1 (IL-1) family (FIL1delta, FIL1epsilon, FIL1zeta, and FIL1eta, with FIL1 standing for "Family of IL-1")...
- Identification and initial characterization of four novel members of the interleukin-1 familyS Kumar
Department of Bone and Cartilage Biology, SmithKline Beecham Pharmaceuticals, King of Prussia, Pennsylvania 19406, USA
J Biol Chem 275:10308-14. 2000..This suggests that IL-1H1 may be involved in pathogenesis of immune mediated disease processes. The addition of four novel IL-1 homologues suggests that the IL-1 family is significantly larger than previously thought...
- Proteomics-based identification of proteins interacting with Smad3: SREBP-2 forms a complex with Smad3 and inhibits its transcriptional activitySusanne Grimsby
Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research, Box 595, BMC, SE 751 24, Uppsala, Sweden
FEBS Lett 577:93-100. 2004..We found that SREBP-2 inhibited the transcriptional activity of Smad3 in luciferase reporter assays...
- IL-1H, an interleukin 1-related protein that binds IL-18 receptor/IL-1RrpG Pan
Department of Endocrinology, Genentech, Inc, 1 DNA Way, South San Francisco, CA, 94080, USA
Cytokine 13:1-7. 2001..These findings suggest that IL-1H may be another ligand for the IL-18 receptor and a new player in the inflammatory and immune responses mediated by the IL-18/IL-18R axis...
- Downregulated interleukin 37 expression associated with aggravation of intervertebral disc degenerationZhong Yuan Wan
Department of Orthopaedics, Xijing Hospital, Fourth Military Medical University Xi an, Shaanxi, P R China
Int J Clin Exp Pathol 7:656-62. 2014b>Interleukin 37 (IL-37) is an anti-inflammatory cytokine which was proven to be associated with several diseases characterized with excessive-inflammation...
- Interleukin-1F7B (IL-1H4/IL-1F7) is processed by caspase-1 and mature IL-1F7B binds to the IL-18 receptor but does not induce IFN-gamma productionSanjay Kumar
Musculoskeletal Diseases, GlaxoSmithKline, 709 Swedeland Road, King of Prussia, PA, 19406, USA
Cytokine 18:61-71. 2002..Finally, we have localized the expression of IL-1F7b protein in discrete cell populations including plasma cells and tumor cells. These data suggest that IL-1F7b may be involved in immune response, inflammatory diseases and/or cancer...
- The IL-1 family member 7b translocates to the nucleus and down-regulates proinflammatory cytokinesSheetal Sharma
Children s Hospital, Ludwig Maximilians University, Munich, Germany
J Immunol 180:5477-82. 2008....
- Epithelial expression of interleukin-37b in inflammatory bowel diseaseH Imaeda
Department of Medicine, Shiga University of Medical Science, Otsu, Japan
Clin Exp Immunol 172:410-6. 2013..Epithelial IL-37b expression was increased in IBD patients, especially UC patients. IL-37b may be involved in the pathophysiology of IBD as an anti-inflammatory cytokine and an inhibitor of both innate and acquired immune responses...
- Serum interleukin-37 concentrations and HBeAg seroconversion in chronic HBV patients during telbivudine treatmentCong Li
1 Department of Central Laboratory, the Second Part of First Hospital, Jilin University, Changchun, China
J Interferon Cytokine Res 33:612-8. 2013..These results suggest that IL-37 may play a significant role in the immune response of CHB patients with HBeAg seroconversion. The serum levels of IL-37 are associated with liver damage in CHB patients. ..
- A complex of the IL-1 homologue IL-1F7b and IL-18-binding protein reduces IL-18 activityPhilip Bufler
University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, CO 80262, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 99:13723-8. 2002..We propose that after binding to IL-18BP, IL-1F7b forms a complex with IL-18Rbeta, depriving the beta-chain of forming a functional receptor complex with IL-18Ralpha and thus inhibiting IL-18 activity...
- IL-37 inhibits the production of inflammatory cytokines in peripheral blood mononuclear cells of patients with systemic lupus erythematosus: its correlation with disease activityLiang Ye
Biological Therapy Institute, Shenzhen University School of Medicine, 518060 Shenzhen, China
J Transl Med 12:69. 2014....
- Identification and gene organization of three novel members of the IL-1 family on human chromosome 2S J Busfield
Millennium Pharmaceuticals Inc, 640 Memorial Drive, Cambridge, Massachusetts, 02139, USA
Genomics 66:213-6. 2000..These genes may prove to have an important role in inflammatory responses...
- Genomic organization of the interleukin-1 locusScott L Taylor
Immunex Corporation, 51 University Street, Seattle, Washington 98101, USA
Genomics 79:726-33. 2002..There is a break in the mouse locus of > 100 kb, compared with the human locus, located between Il1b and the most centromere-proximal of the novel mouse genes. The mouse seems to be missing an ortholog of human IL1F7.
- Innate immunity mediated by the cytokine IL-1 homologue 4 (IL-1H4/IL-1F7) induces IL-12-dependent adaptive and profound antitumor immunityWentao Gao
Department of Molecular Genetics, University of Pittsburgh, PA 15219, USA
J Immunol 170:107-13. 2003..These results suggest that IL-1H4 could play an important role in the link between innate and adaptive immunity and may be useful for tumor immunotherapy...
- IL-37 requires IL-18Rα and SIGIRR/IL-1R8 to diminish allergic airway inflammation in miceL Lunding
Division of Asthma Mouse Models, Priority Area Asthma and Allergy, Research Center Borstel, Airway Research Center North, Member of the German Center for Lung Research, Borstel, Germany
Allergy 70:366-73. 2015..This study aimed to investigate the effects of IL-37 on allergic airway inflammation in a mouse model of experimental asthma...
- Increased expression of IL-37 in patients with Graves' disease and its contribution to suppression of proinflammatory cytokines production in peripheral blood mononuclear cellsYanqun Li
Biological Therapy Institute, Shenzhen University School of Medicine, Shenzhen, China Department of Pathogen Biology and Immunology, Shenzhen University School of Medicine, Shenzhen, China Shenzhen City Shenzhen University Immunodiagnostic Technology Platforms, Shenzhen, China
PLoS ONE 9:e107183. 2014..Furthermore, we investigate the effect of IL-37 on proinflammatory cytokines involved in the pathogenesis of GD...
- Interleukin-37 is increased in ankylosing spondylitis patients and associated with disease activityBingni Chen
Biological Therapy Institute, Shenzhen University School of Medicine, Shenzhen, 518060, Guangdong, China
J Transl Med 13:36. 2015..Here, we examined the serum levels of IL-37 and its clinical association in AS, and explored the anti-inflammatory effects of IL-37 on peripheral blood mononuclear cells (PBMCs) from AS patients...
- Adipose and liver expression of interleukin (IL)-1 family members in morbid obesity and effects of weight lossAlexander R Moschen
Christian Doppler Research Laboratory for Gut Inflammation, Medical University Innsbruck, Innsbruck, Austria
Mol Med 17:840-5. 2011..Excessive weight loss changes the adipose and liver expression profile of IL-1F members toward a more antiinflammatory direction...
- RNA/DNA co-analysis from human skin and contact traces--results of a sixth collaborative EDNAP exerciseC Haas
Institut fur Rechtsmedizin, Universitat Zurich, Switzerland Electronic address
Forensic Sci Int Genet 16:139-47. 2015..Two sets of previously described skin-specific markers were used: skin1 pentaplex (LCE1C, LCE1D, LCE2D, IL1F7 and CCL27) and skin2 triplex (LOR, KRT9 and CDSN) in conjunction with a housekeeping gene, HKG, triplex (B2M, UBC ..
- IL-37 protects against obesity-induced inflammation and insulin resistanceDov B Ballak
Department of Medicine, Radboud University Medical Centre, Geert Grooteplein 8, P O Box 9101, Nijmegen 6500 HB, The Netherlands
Nat Commun 5:4711. 2014....
- High-level expression and one-step purification of a soluble recombinant human interleukin-37b in Escherichia coliJiajie Gu
Department of Immunology, Zhejiang Provincial Key Laboratory of Pathophysiology, Ningbo University School of Medicine, Ningbo 315211, China
Protein Expr Purif 108:18-22. 2015..Thus, this method provides an efficient way to obtain an active IL-37 with high yield and high purity. ..
- Plasma levels of IL-37 and correlation with TNF-α, IL-17A, and disease activity during DMARD treatment of rheumatoid arthritisPing wei Zhao
Key Laboratory of Zoonosis Research, Ministry of Education, The First Hospital, Jilin University, Changchun, China
PLoS ONE 9:e95346. 2014..IL-37 expression in RA and during DMARD treatment appears to be controlled by the level of pro-inflammatory cytokines. This results in a strong correlation between plasma levels of IL-37 and disease activity in RA patients. ..
- Long-range DNA interactions at the IL-1/IL-36/IL-37 gene cluster (2q13) are induced by activation of monocytesNazar Sharaf
Dept Immunity and Infection, University of Sheffield School of Medicine, Beech Hill Road, Sheffield S10 2RX, United Kingdom
Cytokine 68:16-22. 2014..These include agonists and antagonists of the parallel IL-1 and IL-36 systems, and IL1F7, the gene encoding IL-37...
- Elevated plasma IL-37, IL-18, and IL-18BP concentrations in patients with acute coronary syndromeQingwei Ji
Department of Cardiology, Beijing Anzhen Hospital, Capital Medical University, Beijing, China Department of Cardiology, The People s Hospital of Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region, Nanning, China
Mediators Inflamm 2014:165742. 2014..However, the plasma levels of IL-37 in patients with acute coronary syndrome (ACS, including unstable angina pectoris and acute myocardial infarction) have yet to be investigated...
- Human β-defensin-3 increases the expression of interleukin-37 through CCR6 in human keratinocytesRithee Smithrithee
Atopy Allergy Research Center, Juntendo University Graduate School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan Department of Dermatology and Allergology, Juntendo University Graduate School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
J Dermatol Sci 77:46-53. 2015..Although hBDs enhance the production of cytokines, including IL-1 cytokines, whether they stimulate the production of IL-37 remains unclear...
- A possible role for interleukin 37 in the pathogenesis of Behcet's diseaseZ Ye
The First Affiliated Hospital of Chongqing Medical University, Youyi Road 1, Chongqing, 400016, P R China
Curr Mol Med 14:535-42. 2014b>Interleukin 37 has been found to play a significant regulatory role in the innate immune response...
- Genome-wide association study of lung function phenotypes in a founder populationTsung Chieh Yao
Department of Human Genetics, University of Chicago, Chicago, Ill Division of Allergy, Asthma, and Rheumatology, Department of Pediatrics, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital and Chang Gung University College of Medicine, Taoyuan, Taiwan Electronic address
J Allergy Clin Immunol 133:248-55.e1-10. 2014..Lung function is a long-term predictor of mortality and morbidity...
- Modulation of IL-37 expression by triptolide and triptonide in THP-1 cellsLingge He
Key Laboratory for Medical Molecular Diagnostic of Guangdong Province, Guangdong Medical College, Dongguan, China
Cell Mol Immunol 12:515-8. 2015..Cellular & Molecular Immunology advance online publication, 6 October 2014; doi:10.1038/cmi.2014.92. ..
- Allergic airway inflammation: unravelling the relationship between IL-37, IL-18Rα and Tir8/SIGIRRLars Lunding
a Division of Asthma Mouse Models, Priority Area Asthma and Allergy, Research Center Borstel, Airway Research Center North, Member of the German Center for Lung Research, Borstel, Germany
Expert Rev Respir Med 9:739-50. 2015..This article reviews the functions of these IL-1 cytokine family members in the regulation of allergic airway inflammation and asthma as they have been assessed clinically, in vitro and in mouse models. ..
- IL-37 a New IL-1 Family Member Emerges as a Key Suppressor of Asthma Mediated by Mast CellsP Conti
a Immunology Division, Postgraduate Medical School, University of Chieti Pescara, Chieti, Italy
Immunol Invest . 2016..IL-37 has an impact on inflammatory cytokines generated by mast cells and is beneficial for and protective in asthma. However, the precise mechanism(s), safety, and tolerability of IL-37 are unclear and still remain a mystery...
- Monocytes and dendritic cells are the primary sources of interleukin 37 in human immune cellsIna Rudloff
Ritchie Centre, Hudson Institute of Medical Research, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
J Leukoc Biol . 2016..In PBMCs stimulated with agonists of Toll-like receptors (TLRs) 1-6 and 9, IL1F7 (the IL-37-encoding gene) was induced up to 9-fold, peaked at 6-8 h and returned to steady-state at 72 h...
- Intracellular interleukin (IL)-1 family cytokine processing enzymeAreum Kwak
Laboratory of Cytokine Immunology, Department of Biomedical Science and Technology, Konkuk University, 120 Neungdong ro, Gwangjin gu, Seoul, 05029, Korea
Arch Pharm Res 39:1556-1564. 2016..In this review, we describe all eleven IL-1 family ligand processing enzymes, mature ligand functions, and mode of receptor conformation...
- CCL22 and IL-37 inhibit the proliferation and epithelial-mesenchymal transition process of NSCLC A549 cellsYu Hua Chen
Department of Clinical Laboratory, Affiliated Hospital of Guangdong Medical College, Zhanjiang, Guangdong 524001, P R China
Oncol Rep 36:2017-24. 2016..05). CCL22 and IL-37 with a co-localization in the A549 cells inhibited the proliferation and EMT process in A549 cells. The antitumor effects of CCL22 and IL37 provide a strategy for the treatment of NSCLC.
- Increased IL-37 concentrations in patients with arterial calcificationKunwu Yu
Laboratory of Cardiovascular Immunology, Institute of Cardiology, Union Hospital, Tongji Medical College, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan, China
Clin Chim Acta 461:19-24. 2016..However, whether IL-37 concentrations are significantly changed in patients with arterial calcification has not yet been investigated...
- A tissue specific IL-1 receptor antagonist homolog from the IL-1 cluster lacks IL-1, IL-1ra, IL-18 and IL-18 antagonist activitiesJ L Barton
Division of Molecular and Genetic Medicine, University of Sheffield, Sheffield, GB
Eur J Immunol 30:3299-308. 2000..We conclude, contrary to a recent suggestion made by others, that IL-1L1 is not a functional IL-1ra. IL-1L1 also had no detectable agonistic or antagonistic effect on IFN-gamma production in response to IL-18 in KG-1 cells...
- Cloning and characterization of IL-1HY2, a novel interleukin-1 family memberH Lin
Functional Genomics Department, Hyseq Inc, Sunnyvale, California 94086, USA
J Biol Chem 276:20597-602. 2001..These data suggest that IL-1HY2 is a novel IL-1 family member and that it may participate in a network of IL-1 family members to regulate adapted and innate immune responses...
- A new nomenclature for IL-1-family genesJ E Sims
Trends Immunol 22:536-7. 2001
- A sequence-based map of the nine genes of the human interleukin-1 clusterMartin J H Nicklin
Division of Genomic Medicine, University of Sheffield, Royal Hallamshire Hospital, Sheffield S10 2JF, UK
Genomics 79:718-25. 2002..Gene order from centromere to telomere is IL1A-IL1B-IL1F7-IL1F9-IL1F6-IL1F8-IL1F5-IL1F10-IL1RN, of which only IL1A, IL1B, and IL1F8 are transcribed towards the centromere...
- Interleukin-37 suppresses tumor growth through inhibition of angiogenesis in non-small cell lung cancerGuanqun Ge
Department of Surgical Oncology, The First Affiliated Hospital of Xi an Jiaotong University, 277, Yantaxi Road, Xi an, 710061, Shaanxi, China
J Exp Clin Cancer Res 35:13. 2016....
- IL-37 requires the receptors IL-18Rα and IL-1R8 (SIGIRR) to carry out its multifaceted anti-inflammatory program upon innate signal transductionClaudia A Nold-Petry
1 Ritchie Centre, MIMR PHI Institute of Medical Research, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia 2 Department of Paediatrics, Monash University, Melbourne, Australia
Nat Immunol 16:354-65. 2015b>Interleukin 37 (IL-37) and IL-1R8 (SIGIRR or TIR8) are anti-inflammatory orphan members of the IL-1 ligand family and IL-1 receptor family, respectively...
- IL-37 Is a Novel Proangiogenic Factor of Developmental and Pathological AngiogenesisTianshu Yang
From the Shanghai Tenth People s Hospital, Tongji University School of Medicine, Shanghai, China T Y, Q L, M Z, Y H, R W, X Z, G X, J Y, S B S Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD Q L, X Y State Key Laboratory of Ophthalmology, Zhongshan Ophthalmic Center, Sun Yat Sen University, Guangzhou, China Y Y, J J, H Z, X H, S B S, X L Department of Ophthalmology, The First Affiliated Hospital of Soochow University, Suzhou, Jiangsu Province, China G L, P L Department of Pathology and Immunology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX D B C and Department of Stomatology, Huashan Hospital, Fudan University, Shanghai, China S L
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 35:2638-46. 2015Angiogenesis is tightly controlled by growth factors and cytokines in pathophysiological settings. Interleukin 37 (IL-37) is a newly identified cytokine of the IL-1 family, some members of which are important in inflammation and ..
- Anti-inflammatory activity of IL-37 in asthmatic children: Correlation with inflammatory cytokines TNF-α, IL-β, IL-6 and IL-17ARihab Charrad
Unit Research 12SP15 Homeostasis and Cell Dysfunction, Abderrahman Mami Hospital, Ariana, Tunisia El Manar Tunis University, Faculty of Medicine of Tunis, Department of Basic Sciences, Tunis, Tunisia
Immunobiology 221:182-7. 2016..The aim of this study was to assess interleukin (IL)-37 production in asthmatic children in serum and induced sputum and to look to the impact of IL-37 on pro-inflammatory cytokines production (TNF-α, IL-6, IL-1β and IL-17)...
- Expression of IL-37 contributes to the immunosuppressive property of human CD4+CD25+ regulatory T cellsXu Shuai
Trauma Research Center, First Hospital Affiliated to the Chinese PLA General Hospital, Beijing 100048, China
Sci Rep 5:14478. 2015..These results demonstrated that IL-37 might manifest as a critical protein involving in immunosuppression of human CD4(+)CD25(+)Tregs. ..
- Increased Expression of Interleukin 37 in the Eutopic and Ectopic Endometrium of Patients With Ovarian EndometriosisJian Fa Jiang
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Peking Union Medical College Hospital, Chinese Academy of Medical Science and Peking Union Medical College, Beijing, China
Reprod Sci 23:244-8. 2016..This study investigated the gene and protein expression of IL-37 in the eutopic and ectopic endometrium of women with ovarian endometriosis and in the endometrium of patients without endometriosis...
- Interleukin-37 expression is decreased in Behçet's disease and is associated with inflammationEya Bouali
University Tunis El Manar, Faculty of Medicine of Tunis, Department of Basic Sciences, Tunis, Tunisia Unit Research 12SP15 Homeostasis and Cell Dysfunction, Abderrahman Mami Hospital, University Tunis El Manar, Tunisia
Immunol Lett 167:87-94. 2015....
- IL-37 Expression is Upregulated in Patients with Tuberculosis and Induces Macrophages Towards an M2-like PhenotypeZ Huang
Laboratory Medicine Center, Nanfang Hospital, Southern Medical University, Guangzhou, Guangdong, China
Scand J Immunol 82:370-9. 2015..Thus, IL-37 may be a novel research target to understand the pathogenesis of TB infection...
- Interleukin-37 Expression Is Increased in Chronic HIV-1-Infected Individuals and Is Associated with Inflammation and the Size of the Total Viral ReservoirJesper F Højen
Department of Infectious Diseases, Aarhus University Hospital, Aarhus, Denmark
Mol Med 21:337-45. 2015..A relationship with the activation of the monocyte compartment is suggested by the correlation with sCD14 and, interestingly, IL-37 could be related to the size of the total viral HIV-1 reservoir. ..
- [Clinical detection and significance of plasma IL-37 in patients with active pulmonary tuberculosis]Junai Zhang
Guangdong Provincial Key Laboratory of Medical Molecular Diagnostics, Dongguan 523808 Department of Clinical Immunology, Institute of Laboratory Medicine, Guangdong Medical College, Dongguan 523808, China
Xi Bao Yu Fen Zi Mian Yi Xue Za Zhi 31:520-3. 2015To investigate the level of plasma interleukin 37 (IL-37) and explore the clinical significance of IL-37 in patients with active pulmonary tuberculosis (ATB).
- IL-37 (IL-1F7) the newest anti-inflammatory cytokine which suppresses immune responses and inflammationS Tete
Dental School, University of Chieti Pescara, Italy
Int J Immunopathol Pharmacol 25:31-8. 2012....
- Associations of the IL-1F7 gene polymorphisms with rheumatoid arthritis in Chinese Han populationB Pei
Department of Rheumatology and Immunology, The First Affiliated Hospital, Anhui Medical University, Hefei, China
Int J Immunogenet 40:199-203. 2013..Patients carrying A allele had less severe disease activity than those not carrying this allele, suggesting that the A allele of IL-1F7 gene (rs3811047) may have a protective effect on RA...
- Analysis of nuclear localization of interleukin-1 family cytokines by flow cytometryRalf Ross
Immunology, FB 08, Justus Liebig University, Giessen, Germany
J Immunol Methods 387:219-27. 2013..In summary, we present a robust method to analyze and quantitate nuclear localization of IL-1 cytokine family members...
- Excited-state proton transfer of fluorescein anion as an ionic liquid componentCatarina A B Rodrigues
Research Institute for Medicines and Pharmaceutical Sciences iMED UL, Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Lisbon, Av Prof Gama Pinto, 1649 003 Lisbon, Portugal
J Phys Chem B 117:14108-14. 2013..The 1:1 molar ratio ionic liquid (FIL1) is essentially composed of monoanionic fluorescein, while dianionic fluorecein is predominant in the FIL with a 1:..
- Molecular characterization of a multi-promoter gene encoding a chicken filamin proteinC P Barry
Biotechnology Center, Ohio State University, Columbus 43210
J Biol Chem 268:25577-86. 1993..Filamin is encoded within a multi-promoter transcription unit. A downstream filamin promoter (Fil1) resembles those of certain housekeeping genes and has a putative binding site for the transcription factor E2F...
- Molecular cloning of the interleukin-1 gene cluster: construction of an integrated YAC/PAC contig and a partial transcriptional map in the region of chromosome 2q13H G Nothwang
University Children s Hospital, Freiburg University, Germany
Genomics 41:370-8. 1997..FISH analysis localized PAC clones containing the IL-1 gene cluster to 2q12-q13. The data provide the basis for further characterization of the IL-1 gene cluster and for the construction of a sequence-ready PAC contig of this region...
- A regulatory factor, Fil1p, involved in derepression of the isocitrate lyase gene in Saccharomyces cerevisiae--a possible mitochondrial protein necessary for protein synthesis in mitochondriaT Kanai
Department of Synthetic Chemistry and Biological Chemistry, Graduate School of Engineering, Kyoto University, Japan
Eur J Biochem 256:212-20. 1998..of Candida tropicalis isocitrate lyase gene (UPR-ICL)-mediated gene expression in acetate medium, and the gene (FIL1) that complemented this mutation was isolated...
- Deletion of SFI1, a novel suppressor of partial Ras-cAMP pathway deficiency in the yeast Saccharomyces cerevisiae, causes G(2) arrestP Ma
Laboratorium voor Moleculaire Celbiologie, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Leuven, Belgium
Yeast 15:1097-109. 1999..Transformation of the fil1 mutant, which harbours a point mutation in adenylate cyclase, with a yeast gene library on a single copy plasmid ..
- Characterization of a new set of mutants deficient in fermentation-induced loss of stress resistance for use in frozen dough applicationsP Van Dijck
Laboratorium voor Moleculaire Celbiologie, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Flanders, Belgium
Int J Food Microbiol 55:187-92. 2000..The fil1 mutant had a partially inactivating point mutation in CYR1, the gene encoding adenylate cyclase, while fil2 ..
- Temperature-sensitive mutation in yeast mitochondrial ribosome recycling factor (RRF)Emeline Teyssier
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Pharmacology, Jefferson Medical College, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, PA 19107 5541, USA
Nucleic Acids Res 31:4218-26. 2003The yeast protein Rrf1p encoded by the FIL1 nuclear gene bears significant sequence similarity to Escherichia coli ribosome recycling factor (RRF). Here, we call FIL1 Ribosome Recycling Factor of yeast, RRF1...
- The high general stress resistance of the Saccharomyces cerevisiae fil1 adenylate cyclase mutant (Cyr1Lys1682) is only partially dependent on trehalose, Hsp104 and overexpression of Msn2/4-regulated genesMatthias Versele
Department of Molecular Microbiology, Flemish Interuniversity Institute for Biotechnology VIB, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Kasteelpark Arenberg 31, B 3001 Leuven Heverlee, Flanders, Belgium
Yeast 21:75-86. 2004..Previously we identified a mutant which is deficient in fermentation-induced loss of stress resistance (fil1), as a partially inactivating mutant in adenylate cyclase...
- Association between the interleukin-1 family gene cluster and psoriatic arthritisProton Rahman
Memorial University of Newfoundland, St Clare s Mercy Hospital, St John s, Newfoundland, Canada
Arthritis Rheum 54:2321-5. 2006....
- Cultured human periodontal ligament cells constitutively express multiple osteotropic cytokines and growth factors, several of which are responsive to mechanical deformationMark N Pinkerton
Department of Oral Sciences, Faculty of Dentistry, University of Otago, PO Box 647, Dunedin, New Zealand
J Periodontal Res 43:343-51. 2008..Our objective was to expand our knowledge of the cytokines and growth factors expressed by human periodontal ligament (PDL) cells and to identify new genes that are responsive to mechanical deformation...
- IL-1F5 mediates anti-inflammatory activity in the brain through induction of IL-4 following interaction with SIGIRR/TIR8Ceire Costelloe
Trinity College Institute for Neuroscience, Trinity College, Dublin, Ireland
J Neurochem 105:1960-9. 2008..In contrast to its effects in brain tissue, IL-1F5 did not attenuate LPS-induced changes, or up-regulated IL-4 in macrophages or dendritic cells, suggesting that the effect is confined to the brain...
- Interleukin 1 polymorphisms in patients with ankylosing spondylitis in KoreaTae Jong Kim
Chonnam National University Medical School and Hospital, Gwangju, Seoul, Korea
J Rheumatol 35:1603-8. 2008..We examined the association between the IL-1 gene cluster and susceptibility to AS in Korea...
- Differential expression of immunoregulatory genes in monocytes in response to Porphyromonas gingivalis and Escherichia coli lipopolysaccharideH E Barksby
Periodontal Immunobiology Research Group, School of Dental Sciences, Institute of Cellular Medicine, Newcastle University, Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
Clin Exp Immunol 156:479-87. 2009..We conclude that differences in signalling pathways activated by TLR-2 and TLR-4 ligands lead to differential innate immune responses which may be important in polymicrobial diseases such as periodontal disease...
- Stilbene synthase gene transfer caused alterations in the phenylpropanoid metabolism of transgenic strawberry (Fragaria x ananassa)Kati Hanhineva
Department of Biosciences, University of Kuopio, PO Box 1627, 70211 Kuopio, Finland
J Exp Bot 60:2093-106. 2009..frost grape (Vitis riparia) under the control of the cauliflower mosaic virus 35S and the floral filament-specific fil1 promoters...
- The interleukin-1 family gene polymorphisms in Korean patients with rheumatoid arthritisM Y Jung
Kohwang Medical Research Institute, Seoul, Korea
Scand J Rheumatol 39:190-6. 2010..The interleukin (IL)-1 family and its related family members are primary inflammatory cytokines. The aim of this study was to assess the possible association between nine IL-1 family gene polymorphisms and rheumatoid arthritis (RA)...
- Regulation and function of the IL-1 family cytokine IL-1F9 in human bronchial epithelial cellsRegina T Chustz
Division of Allergy and Immunology, Department of Medicine, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, 240 E Huron, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol 45:145-53. 2011..g., by respiratory viral infection) and exposure to cytokines from Th17 cells (IL-17) and inflammatory cells (TNF) may amplify neutrophilic inflammation in the airway via induction of IL-1F9 and activation of fibroblasts...
- Stress tolerance of the Saccharomyces cerevisiae adenylate cyclase fil1 (CYR1) mutant depends on Hsp26Cristina R Vianna
Departamento de Microbiologia, ICB, Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais, CDTN, CNEM, Belo Horizonte, Brazil
J Mol Microbiol Biotechnol 19:140-6. 2010..Different mutants (e.g. fil1, an adenylate cyclase mutant CYR1(lys1682)) that are affected in this loss of stress resistance have been isolated, ..
- Analysis on the interaction between IL-1F7 gene and environmental factors on patients with ankylosing spondylitis: a case-only studyRui Ge
Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, School of Public Health, Anhui Medical University, 81 Meishan Road, Hefei, Anhui, 230032, China
Mol Biol Rep 38:2281-4. 2011..Thus, drinking may be a risk exposure factor to take combined action with predisposing genes in AS patients. This action may increase the incident risk of AS. Also, main plants fats may be protective factors to AS...
- Expression of interleukin (IL)-1 family members upon stimulation with IL-17 differs in keratinocytes derived from patients with psoriasis and healthy donorsP Muhr
Division of Immunodermatology and Allergy Research, Department of Dermatology and Allergy, Hannover Medical School, Hannover, Germany
Br J Dermatol 165:189-93. 2011..Interleukin (IL)-17 is an important inflammatory mediator in skin psoriasis...
- IL-37: a new anti-inflammatory cytokine of the IL-1 familyDiana Boraschi
Laboratory of Innate Immunity and Cytokines, Institute of Biomedical Technologies, National Research Council, I 56124 Pisa, Italy
Eur Cytokine Netw 22:127-47. 2011..The finding that IL-37 also locates to the nucleus, as do IL-1α and IL-33, for receptor-independent organ/tissue-specific regulation of inflammation is also reviewed...