Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: IL22RA2
Description: interleukin 22 receptor subunit alpha 2
Alias: CRF2-10, CRF2-S1, CRF2X, IL-22BP, IL-22R-alpha-2, IL-22RA2, ZCYTOR16, interleukin-22 receptor subunit alpha-2, cytokine receptor class-II member 10, cytokine receptor family type 2, soluble 1, interleukin 22 receptor, alpha 2, interleukin 22-binding protein
- High-Throughput Screening for Internalizing Antibodies by Homogeneous Fluorescence Imaging of a pH-Activated ProbeThilo Riedl
Genmab, Utrecht, The Netherlands
J Biomol Screen 21:12-23. 2016..Our method enables functional screening of large antibody libraries to identify therapeutic antibody candidates with internalization characteristics favorable for the development of ADCs...
- Interleukin-22 promotes epithelial cell transformation and breast tumorigenesis via MAP3K8 activationKaram Kim
College of Pharmacy, Chosun University and Department of Pathology, School of Medicine, Chosun University, Gwangju 501 759, South Korea
Carcinogenesis 35:1352-61. 2014..Overall, our findings point to a critical role for the IL-22-induced MAP3K8 signaling pathway in promoting cancer-associated inflammation in the tumor microenvironment...
- Activated IL-22 pathway occurs in the muscle tissues of patients with polymyositis or dermatomyositis and is correlated with disease activityFrancesco Ciccia
Dipartimento Biomedico di Medicina Interna e Specialistiche, Sezione di Reumatologia, Azienda Ospedaliera Ospedali Riuniti Villa Sofia Cervello, Sezione di Anatomia Patologica, Dipartimento di Biopatologia e Biotecnologie Mediche e Forensi and Dipartimento di Biomedicina Sperimentale e Neuroscienze Cliniche, Universita di Palermo, Palermo, Italy
Rheumatology (Oxford) 53:1307-12. 2014..The aim of this study was to assess the expression of IL-22, IL-22 receptor 1 (IL-22R1), IL-22 binding protein (IL-22BP) and p-STAT3 in muscle tissue from patients with PM and DM...
- The multiple sclerosis risk gene IL22RA2 contributes to a more severe murine autoimmune neuroinflammationH Laaksonen
Neuroimmunology Unit, Department of Clinical Neuroscience, Center for Molecular Medicine, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
Genes Immun 15:457-65. 2014Single-nucleotide polymorphisms close to IL22RA2, coding for the soluble interleukin (IL)-22-binding protein (IL-22BP), are strongly and reproducibly associated with multiple sclerosis (MS), but there is little data on how this molecule ..
- Increased urinary interleukin 22 binding protein levels correlate with lupus nephritis activityXuyan Yang
From the Department of Rheumatology, Second Affiliated Hospital, College of Medicine, and Department of Immunology, Institute of Basic Medical Sciences, College of Medicine, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou, Zhejiang, China X Y Yang, MD Y Gao, MD, Department of Rheumatology H Y Wang, MD, PhD, Department of Allergy and Clinical Immunology X Y Zhao, MD, Department of Hematology X B Gong, MD, Laboratory of Bone Marrow, Second Affiliated Hospital, College of Medicine, Zhejiang University Q Q Wang, MD, PhD, Department of Immunology, Institute of Basic Medical Sciences X F Zhang, MD, Department of Clinical Epidemiology and Biostatistics, Second Affiliated Hospital, College of Medicine, Zhejiang University
J Rheumatol 41:1793-800. 2014..IL-22 binding protein (IL-22BP) is a soluble inhibitory IL-22 receptor and may represent a crucial regulator of IL-22. We investigated the expression and potential significance of serum and urinary IL-22BP levels in patients with SLE...
- IL22 regulates human urothelial cell sensory and innate functions through modulation of the acetylcholine response, immunoregulatory cytokines and antimicrobial peptides: assessment of an in vitro modelPhong T Le
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Stritch School of Medicine, Loyola University Chicago, Maywood, Illinois, United States of America
PLoS ONE 9:e111375. 2014..at the mRNA level, both forms of the IL22 receptor, the membrane-associated (IL22RA1) and the secreted soluble (IL22RA2) forms; in turn, IL22 inhibited expression of MR1 and induced expression of CarAT and two antimicrobial peptides (..
- IL-22 and IL-22 binding protein (IL-22BP) regulate fibrosis and cirrhosis in hepatitis C virus and schistosome infectionsMathieu Sertorio
Aix Marseille Universite, UMR_S 906, Marseille, France INSERM, U906, Marseille, France
Hepatology 61:1321-31. 2015..To test further the implication of IL-22/IL-22BP in hepatic disease, we analyzed common genetic variants of IL22RA2, which encodes IL-22BP, and found that the genotypes, AA, GG of rs6570136 (P = 0...
- Diverse roles of STING-dependent signaling on the development of cancerJ Ahn
Department of Cell Biology and Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of Miami School of Medicine, Miami, FL, USA
Oncogene 34:5302-8. 2015..Our data indicate that STING constitutes a critical component of the host early response to intestinal damage and is essential for invigorating tissue repair pathways that may help prevent tumorigenesis. ..
- Interleukin (IL)-22 receptor 1 is over-expressed in primary Sjogren's syndrome and Sjögren-associated non-Hodgkin lymphomas and is regulated by IL-18F Ciccia
Dipartimento Biomedico di Medicina Interna e Specialistica, Sezione di Reumatologia, Palermo, Italy
Clin Exp Immunol 181:219-29. 2015..An IL-18-dependent aberrant expression of IL-22R1 on cells of haematopoietic origin seems to be a specific immunological signature of patients with pSS and pSS-associated lymphomas. ..
- Interleukin-22 is increased in multiple sclerosis patients and targets astrocytesGuillaume Perriard
Laboratory of Neuroimmunology, Center of Research in Neurosciences, Department of Clinical Neurosciences and Service of Immunology and Allergy, Department of Medicine, CHUV, 1011, Lausanne, Switzerland
J Neuroinflammation 12:119. 2015..Furthermore, polymorphism between MS patients and controls has been recently described in the gene coding for IL-22 binding protein (IL-22BP). Here, we aimed to better characterize IL-22 in the context of MS...
- IL-22BP is produced by eosinophils in human gut and blocks IL-22 protective actions during colitisJ C Martin
INSERM Center for Research in Transplantation and Immunology, UMR1064, ITUN, Nantes, France
Mucosal Immunol 9:539-49. 2016....
- Vaccinia virus encodes a soluble type I interferon receptor of novel structure and broad species specificityJ A Symons
Sir William Dunn School of Pathology, University of Oxford, England
Cell 81:551-60. 1995..A VV B18R deletion mutant is attenuated in a murine intranasal model. This type I IFN receptor represents the fourth VV protein that interferes with IFN and the fourth soluble cytokine receptor expressed by poxviruses...
- Deletion of the entire interferon-γ receptor 1 gene causing complete deficiency in three related patientsInge C de Vor
Department of Pediatrics, Leiden University Medical Center, Albinusdreef 2, 2333 ZA, Leiden, The Netherlands
J Clin Immunol 36:195-203. 2016..Only 36 cases have been reported worldwide. The purpose of this article is to describe a large novel deletion found in 3 related cases, which resulted in the complete removal of the IFNGR1 gene...
- Functional and molecular factors associated with TAPSE in hypoxic pulmonary hypertensionSlaven Crnkovic
Ludwig Boltzmann Institute for Lung Vascular Research, Graz, Austria Department of Experimental Anaesthesiology, Medical University of Graz, Graz, Austria
Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 311:L59-73. 2016..analysis identified two soluble factors, fibroblast growth factor-5 (FGF5) and interleukin-22 receptor alpha-2 (IL22RA2), as being possibly associated with RV remodeling...
- The Structural Basis for Class II Cytokine Receptor Recognition by JAK1Ryan Ferrao
Department of Structural Biology, Genentech, Inc, 1 DNA Way, South San Francisco, CA 94080, USA
Structure 24:897-905. 2016..Together, these data identify a conserved JAK binding site for receptor peptides and elucidate the mechanism by which class II cytokine receptors interact with JAK1. ..
- Keratin 8-deletion induced colitis predisposes to murine colorectal cancer enforced by the inflammasome and IL-22 pathwayJulia O Misiorek
Biosciences, Cell Biology, Faculty of Science and Engineering, Abo Akademi University, Turku 20520, Finland
Carcinogenesis 37:777-86. 2016..The K8-null mouse models also provide novel epithelial-derived robust colon-specific CRC models. ..
- Association between CXCR2 and IL-22BP expression indicate a poor outcome for gastric adenocarcinoma progressionShi Bin Yang
Department of Gastrointestinal Surgery, the First Affiliated Hospital of Sun Yat Sen University, Guangzhou, Guangdong 510080, P R China
Oncol Lett 12:1477-1484. 2016..The coexpression of CXCR2 and IL-22BP was demonstrated in GA, which may indicate that CXCR2 is involved in more complex mechanisms and roles, and indicate a poor outcome in GA progression...
- The AIM2 inflammasome is a central regulator of intestinal homeostasis through the IL-18/IL-22/STAT3 pathwayRojo A Ratsimandresy
Division of Rheumatology, Department of Medicine, Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
Cell Mol Immunol 14:127-142. 2017..Collectively, our results demonstrate a central role for the AIM2 inflammasome in preventing dysbiosis and intestinal inflammation through regulation of the IL-18/IL-22BP/IL-22 and STAT3 pathway and expression of select AMPs...
- Serum pharmacodynamic biomarkers for chronic corticosteroid treatment of childrenYetrib Hathout
Research Center for Genetic Medicine, Children s National Health Systems, Washington, DC 20010, USA
Sci Rep 6:31727. 2016..Ten pro-inflammatory proteins were elevated in untreated patients and suppressed by corticosteroids (MMP12, IL22RA2, CCL22, IGFBP2, FCER2, LY9, ITGa1/b1, LTa1/b2, ANGPT2 and FGG)...
- A pathogenic role for T cell-derived IL-22BP in inflammatory bowel diseasePenelope Pelczar
I Medizinische Klinik und Poliklinik, Universitatsklinikum Hamburg Eppendorf, 20246 Hamburg, Germany
Science 354:358-362. 2016..Our findings suggest that anti-TNF-α therapy may act at least in part by suppressing IL-22BP and point toward a more specific potential therapy for IBD...
- How Does Interleukin-22 Mediate Liver Regeneration and Prevent Injury and Fibrosis?Muhammad Babar Khawar
Cell and Molecular Biology Lab, Department of Zoology, University of the Punjab, Lahore, Pakistan
J Immunol Res 2016:2148129. 2016..So, the present review is an effort to reveal the exact mechanism lying in the hepatoprotective activity of IL-22 and some of its future therapeutic implications...
- Interleukin-22 binding protein (IL-22BP) is constitutively expressed by a subset of conventional dendritic cells and is strongly induced by retinoic acidJ C J Martin
1 INSERM Center of Research in Transplantation and Immunology, UMR1064, Nantes, France 2 CHU Nantes, Institut de Transplantation Urologie Néphrologie ITUN, Nantes, France 3 CHU Nantes, Laboratoire d Immunologie, Nantes, France 4 Faculté de Médecine, Universite de Nantes, Nantes, France
Mucosal Immunol 7:101-13. 2014..Our data suggest that a subset of immature DCs may actively participate in the regulation of IL-22 activity in the gut by producing high levels of IL-22BP. ..
- IL-22, in contrast to IL-10, does not induce Ig production, due to absence of a functional IL-22 receptor on activated human B cellsSandrine Lécart
INSRM U454, CHU Arnaud de Villeneuve, 371, avenue Doyen Gaston Giraud, 34295 Montpellier Cedex 5, France
Int Immunol 14:1351-6. 2002..Together, these data show that IL-22, in contrast to its homologue IL-10, is not involved in the immunological activity of B cells, which is due to the absence of a functional IL-22R at the surface of these cells...
- Identification of multiple complex rearrangements associated with deletions in the 6q23-27 region in Sézary syndromeKatarzyna Iżykowska
Institute of Human Genetics, Polish Academy of Sciences, Poznan, Poland
J Invest Dermatol 133:2617-25. 2013..by those rearrangements, the MYB proto-oncogene three times and the interleukin-22 receptor subunit alpha-2 gene (IL22RA2) twice...
- Interleukin-22 and its crystal structureRonaldo Alves Pinto Nagem
Departamento de Bioquimica e Imunologia, Instituto de Ciências Biológicas Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais, Avenida Antonio Carlos, 6627 CEP 31270910, Belo Horizonte, MG, Brazil
Vitam Horm 74:77-103. 2006..This inflammatory response system is analyzed here in terms of its molecular physiology and structural assembly. Three-dimensional (3D) model of IL-22 and structural basis of its interactions with the cognate receptors are discussed...
- Class II cytokine receptor gene cluster is a major locus for hepatitis B persistenceAngela J Frodsham
The Wellcome Trust Centre for Human Genetics, University of Oxford, Roosevelt Drive, Oxford OX3 7BN, United Kingdom
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 103:9148-53. 2006..0003), and in vitro assays support functional roles for these variants in receptor signaling...
- Proteasome-mediated proteolysis of the interleukin-10 receptor is important for signal downregulationSherry H Y Wei
DNAX Research Institute, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA
J Interferon Cytokine Res 26:281-90. 2006..An IL-10R1 cytoplasmic domain mutant deficient for internalization exhibited prolonged signaling through Jak1 and Stat3, reinforcing the importance of receptor internalization for signal termination...
- IL-22 inhibits epidermal differentiation and induces proinflammatory gene expression and migration of human keratinocytesKatia Boniface
Laboratoire Cytokines et Inflammation, UPRES EA 3806, Pole Biologie Sante, Universite de Poitiers, Poitiers, France
J Immunol 174:3695-702. 2005..Finally, we show that IL-22 strongly induces hyperplasia of reconstituted human epidermis. Taken together, these results suggest that IL-22 plays an important role in skin inflammatory processes and wound healing...
- The mRNA expression profile of cytokines connected to the regulation of melanocyte functioning in vitiligo skin biopsy samples and peripheral blood mononuclear cellsEne Reimann
Department of Physiology, University of Tartu, Tartu, Estonia
Hum Immunol 73:393-8. 2012..expression of interleukin (IL)-10 family cytokines (IL26, IL-28A, IL28B, IL29), their receptor subunits (IL20RB, IL22RA2, IL28RA), and genes potentially related to functioning of melanocytes (MDM1, IFNA1, IFNB1, IFNG, and ICAM1) in ..
- Interaction of IFNλR1 with TRAF6 regulates NF-κB activation and IFNλR1 stabilityYun Fei Xie
National Laboratory of Medical Molecular Biology, Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Institute of Basic Medical Sciences, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences and Peking Union Medical College, Beijing 100005, China
J Cell Biochem 113:3371-9. 2012..Moreover, co-expression of IFNλR1 with TRAF6 significantly increased the stability of IFNλR1, thereby prolonging its half-life and enhancing its steady-state level in cultured cells...
- Temporal associations between interleukin 22 and the extracellular domains of IL-22R and IL-10R2Jing Li
Wyeth Research, 87 Cambridge Park Drive, Cambridge, MA 02140, USA
Int Immunopharmacol 4:693-708. 2004..We propose, based on this data, a temporal model for the development of a functional IL-22 cytokine-receptor complex...
- Interleukin-22 activates STAT3 and induces IL-10 by colon epithelial cellsMarehalli L Nagalakshmi
Department of Experimental Pathology and Pharmacology, DNAX Research Inc, 901 California Avenue, Palo Alto, CA 94304 1104, USA
Int Immunopharmacol 4:679-91. 2004....
- IL-22BP is regulated by the inflammasome and modulates tumorigenesis in the intestineSamuel Huber
Department of Immunobiology, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut 06520, USA
Nature 491:259-63. 2012..can be neutralized by the soluble IL-22 receptor, known as the IL-22 binding protein (IL-22BP, also known as IL22RA2); however, the significance of endogenous IL-22BP in vivo and the pathways that regulate this receptor are ..
- Expression patterns of IL-10 ligand and receptor gene families provide leads for biological characterizationMarehalli L Nagalakshmi
Department of Experimental Pathology and Pharmacology, DNAX Research Inc, 901 California Avenue, Palo Alto, CA 94304 1104, USA
Int Immunopharmacol 4:577-92. 2004..These data point to a function of the novel IL-10 family members in communication and interaction between cells of the hematopoietic and non-hematopoietic lineages, a role quite distinct from the immunomodulating effects of IL-10 itself...
- Interleukin 22 polymorphisms and papillary thyroid cancerY G Eun
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Kandong Sacred Heart Hospital, Hallym University School of Medicine, 445 Gil Dong, Kangdong gu, Seoul 134 701, South Korea
J Endocrinol Invest 36:584-7. 2013..Polymorphisms in genes encoding inflammatory cytokines are associated with increased cancer risk...
- Cloning and characterization of mouse IL-22 binding proteinChi Chen Wei
Institute of Basic Medical Sciences, National Cheng Kung University, Tainan, Taiwan
Genes Immun 4:204-11. 2003..Treating B cells with mouse IL-22 induces production of reactive oxygen species, which mIL-22BP blocks...
- Characterization and transcriptional analysis of the mouse Chromosome 16 cytokine receptor gene clusterMatthew P Hardy
Centre for Functional Genomics and Human Disease, Monash Institute of Reproduction and Development, Monash University, Clayton, Victoria 3168, Australia
Mamm Genome 14:105-18. 2003..The identification of multiple conserved non-coding sequences will provide the basis for further investigations to elucidate CIICR gene regulation...
- The family of IL-10-related cytokines and their receptors: related, but to what extent?Sergei V Kotenko
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, New Jersey Medical School, University of Medicine and Dentistry, 185 South Orange Avenue, MSB E 631, Newark, NJ 07103, USA
Cytokine Growth Factor Rev 13:223-40. 2002..Although data indicate that these cytokines are involved in regulation of inflammatory and immune responses, their major functions remain to be discovered...
- IFN-lambdas mediate antiviral protection through a distinct class II cytokine receptor complexSergei V Kotenko
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, UMDNJ New Jersey Medical School, Newark, NJ 07103, USA
Nat Immunol 4:69-77. 2003..This receptor-ligand system may contribute to antiviral or other defenses by a mechanism similar to, but independent of, type I IFNs...
- IL-28, IL-29 and their class II cytokine receptor IL-28RPaul Sheppard
ZymoGenetics, Inc, 1201 Eastlake Avenue E, Seattle, WA 98102, USA
Nat Immunol 4:63-8. 2003..This newly described cytokine family may serve as an alternative to type I IFNs in providing immunity to viral infection...
- Identification, cloning, and characterization of a novel soluble receptor that binds IL-22 and neutralizes its activityS V Kotenko
Department of Molecular Genetics and Microbiology, University of Medicine and Dentistry, Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, Piscataway, NJ 08854, USA
J Immunol 166:7096-103. 2001..Thus, the soluble receptor designated IL-22BP inhibits IL-22 activity by binding IL-22 and blocking its interaction with the cell surface IL-22R complex...
- Interleukin-22 (IL-22) activates the JAK/STAT, ERK, JNK, and p38 MAP kinase pathways in a rat hepatoma cell line. Pathways that are shared with and distinct from IL-10Diane Lejeune
Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research, Brussels Branch, Experimental Medicine Unit, Universite de Louvain, Avenue Hippocrate 74, B 1200 Brussels, Belgium
J Biol Chem 277:33676-82. 2002..Finally, by overexpressing a STAT3 S727A mutant, we showed that serine phosphorylation is required to achieve maximum transactivation of a STAT responsive promoter upon IL-22 stimulation...
- A novel, soluble homologue of the human IL-10 receptor with preferential expression in placentaB H Gruenberg
Department of Experimental Dermatology, Schering AG, D 13342 Berlin, Germany
Genes Immun 2:329-34. 2001..The preferential expression of CRF2-s1 in placenta suggests a role for this receptor in establishing and maintaining successful pregnancy...
- Type I interferons and limitin: a comparison of structures, receptors, and functionsK Oritani
Department of Internal Medicine and Molecular Science, Graduate School of Medicine, Osaka University, 2 2 Yamada oka, Suita City, Osaka 565 0871, Japan
Cytokine Growth Factor Rev 12:337-48. 2001..Furthermore, a human homologue or synthetic variant might be superior for clinical applications as an IFN without myelosuppressive properties...
- A soluble class II cytokine receptor, IL-22RA2, is a naturally occurring IL-22 antagonistW Xu
ZymoGenetics Inc, Seattle, WA 98102, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 98:9511-6. 2001..Because IL-22 induces the expression of acute phase reactants, IL-22RA2 may play an important role as an IL-22 antagonist in the regulation of inflammatory responses...
- Association between single nucleotide polymorphism-genotype and outcome of patients with chronic lymphocytic leukemia in a randomized chemotherapy trialRachel Wade
Clinical Trial Service Unit, University of Oxford, Oxford, UK
Haematologica 96:1496-503. 2011..Identifying genetic variants that influence patients' outcome and response to treatment may provide important insights into the biology of the disease...
- Cloning and characterization of IL-22 binding protein, a natural antagonist of IL-10-related T cell-derived inducible factor/IL-22L Dumoutier
Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research, Brussels Branch and the Experimental Medicine Unit, Christian de Duve Institute of Cellular Pathology, Universite de Louvain, Brussels, Belgium
J Immunol 166:7090-5. 2001..We propose to name this natural cytokine antagonist IL-22BP for IL-22 binding protein...
- Interleukin 20: discovery, receptor identification, and role in epidermal functionH Blumberg
Department of Genetics, ZymoGenetics, Inc, 1201 Eastlake Avenue E, Seattle, WA 98102, USA
Cell 104:9-19. 2001..Taken together, these results demonstrate a role in epidermal function and psoriasis for IL-20, a novel cytokine identified solely by bioinformatics analysis...
- Localization of a receptor nonapeptide with a possible role in the binding of the type I interferonsP Eid
Laboratory of Viral Oncology, CNRS UPR 9045, Institut de Recherches sur le Cancer IFR Y1221, 94801 Villejuif, France
Eur Cytokine Netw 11:560-73. 2000....
- Identification of the functional interleukin-22 (IL-22) receptor complex: the IL-10R2 chain (IL-10Rbeta ) is a common chain of both the IL-10 and IL-22 (IL-10-related T cell-derived inducible factor, IL-TIF) receptor complexesS V Kotenko
Department of Molecular Genetics and Microbiology, Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, Piscataway, New Jersey 08854 5635, USA
J Biol Chem 276:2725-32. 2001....
- Interleukin (IL)-22, a novel human cytokine that signals through the interferon receptor-related proteins CRF2-4 and IL-22RM H Xie
Department of Molecular Biology, Genentech, Inc, South San Francisco, California 94080, USA
J Biol Chem 275:31335-9. 2000....
- The orphan receptor CRF2-4 is an essential subunit of the interleukin 10 receptorS D Spencer
Genentech Inc, South San Francisco, California 94080, USA
J Exp Med 187:571-8. 1998..Thus, CRFB4 mutant mice recapitulate the phenotype of IL-10-deficient mice. These findings suggest that CRF2-4 is essential for IL-10-mediated effects and is a subunit of the IL-10 receptor...
- Identification and functional characterization of a second chain of the interleukin-10 receptor complexS V Kotenko
Department of Molecular Genetics and Microbiology, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, Piscataway, NJ 08854 5635, USA
EMBO J 16:5894-903. 1997..Thus, the CRFB4 chain, which we designate as the IL-10R2 or IL-10Rbeta chain, serves as an accessory chain essential for the active IL-10 receptor complex and to initiate IL-10-induced signal transduction events...
- CRF2-4: isolation of cDNA clones encoding the human and mouse proteinsV C Gibbs
Department of Surgery, San Francisco VA Medical Center, CA 94131, USA
Gene 186:97-101. 1997..Mouse CRF2-4 is predicted to be another member of the interferon receptor-class II cytokine receptor family...
- Mutant U5A cells are complemented by an interferon-alpha beta receptor subunit generated by alternative processing of a new member of a cytokine receptor gene clusterG Lutfalla
Institut de Génétique Moléculaire CNRS, Montpellier, France
EMBO J 14:5100-8. 1995..The IFNAR2 gene maps at 0.5 kb from the CRFB4 gene, establishing that together IFNAR2, CRFB4, IFNAR1 and AF1 form a cluster of class II cytokine receptor genes on human chromosome 21...
- Structure of IL-22 bound to its high-affinity IL-22R1 chainBrandi C Jones
Center for Biophysical Sciences and Engineering, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL 35294, USA
Structure 16:1333-44. 2008....
- The Class II cytokine receptor (CRF2) family: overview and patterns of receptor-ligand interactionsJerome A Langer
Department of Molecular Genetics, Microbiology and Immunology, Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, 675 Hoes Lane, Piscataway, NJ 08854, USA
Cytokine Growth Factor Rev 15:33-48. 2004..The relationships between the CRF2 proteins will be summarized, as will the progress in identifying patterns of receptor interactions with ligands...
- Interleukin-22: a potential immunomodulatory molecule in the lungHayley A Whittington
Lung Research Group, Department of Clinical Sciences North Bristol, University of Bristol, Southmead Hospital, Westbury on Trym, Bristol BS10 5NB, UK
Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol 31:220-6. 2004..By contrast, we demonstrated synergy between IL-10 and IL-22 in terms of IL-8 inhibition in IL-22R1-expressing A549 cells. These data suggest a role for IL-22 in the regulation of pulmonary inflammation...
- Full house: 12 receptors for 27 cytokinesSergei V Kotenko
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Medicine and Dentistry New Jersey Medical School, 185 South Orange Avenue, MSB E 631, Newark, NJ 07103, USA
Int Immunopharmacol 4:593-608. 2004..Nevertheless, signaling events induced through various combinations of CRF2 subunits partially overlap, leading to the induction of overlapping but cytokine-specific biological activities...
- The expanded family of class II cytokines that share the IL-10 receptor-2 (IL-10R2) chainRaymond P Donnelly
Division of Therapeutic Proteins, HFM 538, 1401 Rockville Pike, Rockville, MD 20852, USA
J Leukoc Biol 76:314-21. 2004..Consequently, the receptors for these cytokines may provide novel targets for inhibiting the growth of certain types of cancer...
- Cloning of murine IL-22 receptor alpha 2 and comparison with its human counterpartB Weiss
Enabling Technologies, Schering AG, Berlin, Germany
Genes Immun 5:330-6. 2004..Differential modulation of IL-22R alpha 2 mRNA expression was observed upon systemic inflammation in mice in spleen, thymus, and lymph node...
- IL-22-mediated tumor growth reduction correlates with inhibition of ERK1/2 and AKT phosphorylation and induction of cell cycle arrest in the G2-M phaseGeorg F Weber
Chirurgische Klinik und Poliklinik der Technischen Universität München, Ismaningerstrasse 22, 81675 Munich, Germany
J Immunol 177:8266-72. 2006..Therefore, IL-22 may play a role in the control of tumor growth and tumor progression...
- Inhibition of interleukin-22 attenuates bacterial load and organ failure during acute polymicrobial sepsisGeorg F Weber
Department of Surgery, Technische Universitat Munchen, Ismaninger Strasse 22, 81675 Munich, Germany
Infect Immun 75:1690-7. 2007..IL-22 therefore appears to play an important role in the regulation of inflammatory processes in vivo...
- IL-22 induces lipopolysaccharide-binding protein in hepatocytes: a potential systemic role of IL-22 in Crohn's diseaseKerstin Wolk
Interdisciplinary Group of Molecular Immunopathology, Dermatology Medical Immunology, Campus Charite Mitte, University Hospital Charite, Chariteplatz 1, Berlin, Germany
J Immunol 178:5973-81. 2007..These data suggest that systemic IL-22 may contribute to the prevention of systemic inflammation provoked by LPS present in the blood of CD patients through its induction of hepatic LBP...
- Exonization of the LTR transposable elements in human genomeJittima Piriyapongsa
School of Biology, Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, Georgia 30332, USA
BMC Genomics 8:291. 2007..It has been postulated that the primary mechanism by which retrotransposons contribute to structural gene evolution is through insertion into an intron or a gene flanking region, and subsequent incorporation into an exon...
- The EM structure of a type I interferon-receptor complex reveals a novel mechanism for cytokine signalingZongli Li
Department of Cell Biology, Harvard Medical School, 240 Longwood Avenue, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Mol Biol 377:715-24. 2008..Despite different assembly mechanisms, class I and class II cytokine receptors thus appear to initiate signaling through similar arrangements of the receptors induced by the binding of their respective ligands...
- A cytokine gene screen uncovers SOCS1 as genetic risk factor for multiple sclerosisK Vandenbroeck
Neurogenomiks Laboratory, Department of Neuroscience, University of the Basque Country UPV EHU, Leioa, Spain
Genes Immun 13:21-8. 2012..0008), oncostatin M receptor (P=0.002) and interleukin-22 receptor, alpha 2 (IL22RA2; P=0.003)...
- IL-22R, IL-10R2, and IL-22BP binding sites are topologically juxtaposed on adjacent and overlapping surfaces of IL-22Paul W Wu
Wyeth Research Inflammation, Cambridge, MA 02140, USA
J Mol Biol 382:1168-83. 2008..Our results also provide a model for how IL-19, IL-20, IL-24, and IL-26 which are other IL-10-like cytokines, interact with their respective cell surface receptors...
- Crystallization and preliminary X-ray diffraction analysis of human IL-22 bound to its soluble decoy receptor IL-22BPLeandra Watanabe
Instituto de Fisica de Sao Carlos, Universidade de Sao Paulo, Avenida Trabalhador São Carlense 400, 13560 970 Sao Carlos SP, Brazil
Acta Crystallogr Sect F Struct Biol Cryst Commun 65:102-4. 2009..75 A resolution. The crystal belonged to the tetragonal space group P4(1), with unit-cell parameters a = b = 67.9, c = 172.5 A, and contained two IL-22-IL-22BP complexes per asymmetric unit...
- Crystal structure of a soluble decoy receptor IL-22BP bound to interleukin-22Patricia Ribeiro de Moura
Instituto de Fisica de Sao Carlos, Universidade de Sao Paulo, São Carlos 13560 970, SP, Brazil
FEBS Lett 583:1072-7. 2009..Comparison of IL-22/IL-22BP and IL-22/IL-22R1 crystal structures shows that both receptors display an overlapping IL-22 binding surface, which is consistent with the inhibitory role played by IL-22 binding protein...
- Polymorphisms in the interleukin-22 receptor alpha-1 gene are associated with severe chronic rhinosinusitisLeandra Mfuna Endam
Department of Otolaryngology, Hotel Dieu Hospital, Montreal University, Montreal, PQ, Canada
Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 140:741-7. 2009..Stimulation of interleukin-22 receptor alpha-1 (IL22RA1) was reported to increase the innate immune responses in inflammatory diseases. Moreover, a reduced level of IL22RA1 was found in patients with recalcitrant CRS with nasal polyps...
- Structure and function of interleukin-22 and other members of the interleukin-10 familyDaniela Barretto Barbosa Trivella
Instituto de Fisica de Sao Carlos, Universidade de Sao Paulo, Avenida Trabalhador São Carlense 400, Sao Carlos, SP, CEP 13566 590, Brazil
Cell Mol Life Sci 67:2909-35. 2010..We report on the recently published structures of IL-10 cytokine family members and their complexes with cognate transmembrane and soluble receptors as well as on interleukin physiology and physiopathology...
- IL-22RA2 associates with multiple sclerosis and macrophage effector mechanisms in experimental neuroinflammationAmennai D Beyeen
Neuroimmunology Unit, Department of Clinical Neuroscience, Center for Molecular Medicine, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
J Immunol 185:6883-90. 2010..Through a combined approach including genetic and immunological investigation in an animal model and large-scale association studies of MS patients, we establish IL-22RA2 as an MS risk gene...
- Induction of autoantibodies against mouse soluble proteins after immunization with living cells presenting the autoantigen at the cell surface in fusion with a human type 2 transmembrane proteinMuriel M Lemaire
Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research, Brussels Branch, Avenue Hippocrate, 74, B 1200 Brussels, Belgium
J Immunol Methods 367:56-62. 2011..These results validate this method as a simple and convenient approach to knock down the in vivo activity of soluble regulatory proteins, including cytokines and their receptors...
- IL-10 subfamily members: IL-19, IL-20, IL-22, IL-24 and IL-26P Conti
Immunology Department, University of Chieti, Immunology Division, School of Medicine, Via dei Vestini, 31, Chieti 661013, Italy
Immunol Lett 88:171-4. 2003..All these new IL-10 subfamily member cytokines are strongly involved in immune regulation and inflammatory responses...
- Penghua Wang; Fiscal Year: 2014..This paradigm would also be applicable to other neuroinvasive viral pathogens of medical importance like Japanese encephalitis and Saint Louis encephalitis virus. ..
- Hans Christian Reinecker; Fiscal Year: 2016..2), how IL-22BP is constitutively expressed in normal colon (Aim 2.1), how IL-22BP expression is reduced under intestinal inflammatory condition (Aim 2.2), and how the reduction levels are further modified (Aim 2.2). ..
- Characterization of the IL-TIF Receptor ComplexSergei Kotenko; Fiscal Year: 2005..The long-term goal of this project is to obtain new knowledge that will improve our understanding of mechanisms that regulate proper functioning of the immune system. ..
- Role of Interferon-lambda in Antiviral ResponseSergei Kotenko; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..