Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: IL1RN
Description: interleukin 1 receptor antagonist
Alias: DIRA, ICIL-1RA, IL-1RN, IL-1ra, IL-1ra3, IL1F3, IL1RA, IRAP, MVCD4, interleukin-1 receptor antagonist protein, IL1 inhibitor, intracellular IL-1 receptor antagonist type II, intracellular interleukin-1 receptor antagonist (icIL-1ra), type II interleukin-1 receptor antagonist
Publications293 found, 100 shown here
- Interleukin-1 receptor antagonist attenuates the severity of spinal cord ischemic injury in rabbitsSatoshi Akuzawa
First Department of Surgery, Hamamatsu University School of Medicine, Hamamatsu, Japan
J Vasc Surg 48:694-700. 2008..Using a rabbit model, we investigated the neuroprotective effects of IL-1 receptor antagonist (IL-1ra) in a temporal fashion...
- Placental secretion of interleukin-1 and interleukin-1 receptor antagonist in preeclampsia: effect of magnesium sulfateAlaa Amash
The Shraga Segal Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Ben Gurion University of the Negev, Beer Sheva, Israel
J Interferon Cytokine Res 32:432-41. 2012....
- IL-1 receptor antagonist gene as a predictive biomarker of progression of knee osteoarthritis in a population cohortX Wu
Interleukin Genetics, Waltham, MA 02452, USA
Osteoarthritis Cartilage 21:930-8. 2013Within the interleukin-1 (IL-1) cytokine family, IL-1 receptor antagonist (IL1RN) gene variants have been associated with radiological severity of knee osteoarthritis (OA) in cross-sectional studies...
- Association between interleukin 1 gene cluster polymorphisms and bilateral distal interphalangeal osteoarthritisSvetlana Solovieva
Centre of Expertise Health and Work Ability, Finnish Institute of Occupational Health, Helsinki, Finland
J Rheumatol 36:1977-86. 2009..To examine the association of the interleukin 1 gene (IL1) cluster polymorphisms and their haplotypes with bilateral distal interphalangeal joint osteoarthritis (DIP OA)...
- Interleukin-8 promoter polymorphism increases the risk of atrophic gastritis and gastric cancer in JapanAyumu Taguchi
Division of Gastroenterology, Department of Therapeutic Medicine, Nagoya University Graduate School of Medicine, 65 Tsuruma cho, Showa Ku, Nagoya, Aichi, 466 8550 Japan
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 14:2487-93. 2005..In conclusion, we showed that the IL-8 -251 T > A polymorphism is associated with higher expression of IL-8 protein, more severe neutrophil infiltration, and increased risk of atrophic gastritis and gastric cancer...
- Interleukin-1 system in CNS stress: seizures, fever, and neurotraumaTamas Bartfai
Molecular and Integrative Neurosciences Department, The Scripps Research Institute, 10550 North Torrey Pines Road, La Jolla, CA, USA
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1113:173-7. 2007..Selective induction or pharmacological application of IL-1ra may be sparing neurons in seizures and neurotrauma...
- IL-1 gene polymorphisms and genetic susceptibility of gallbladder cancer in a north Indian populationMonika Vishnoi
Department of Genetics, Sanjay Gandhi Post Graduate Institute of Medical Sciences, Raebareilly Road, Lucknow 226014, India
Cancer Genet Cytogenet 186:63-8. 2008..061; OR = 3.04; 95%CI = 0.95-9.70). Individuals with 1/C and 2/C haplotypes of IL-1RN VNTR and -511IL-1B C --> T polymorphisms were more susceptible to develop GBC with gallstones compared to healthy controls in north India...
- A functional interleukin-1 receptor antagonist polymorphism influences atherosclerosis development. The interleukin-1beta:interleukin-1 receptor antagonist balance in atherosclerosisPeder S Olofsson
Center for Molecular Medicine, Department of Medicine, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
Circ J 73:1531-6. 2009..Knowledge of protein levels in atherosclerosis and the influence of a functional IL-1Ra polymorphism would increase the understanding of atherosclerosis pathogenesis...
- CyclinD1 and interleukin-1 receptor antagonist polymorphisms are associated with prognosis in neoadjuvant-treated gastric carcinomaGertraud Stocker
Institute of Pathology, Technische Universitat Munchen, Trogerstr 18, 81675 Munchen, Germany
Eur J Cancer 45:3326-35. 2009..We evaluated DNA polymorphisms in genes related to DNA repair, cell-cycle control and tumour microenvironment to determine possible associations with response and survival in neoadjuvant-treated gastric cancer patients...
- Adipose and liver expression of interleukin (IL)-1 family members in morbid obesity and effects of weight lossAlexander R Moschen
Christian Doppler Research Laboratory for Gut Inflammation, Medical University Innsbruck, Innsbruck, Austria
Mol Med 17:840-5. 2011..Excessive weight loss changes the adipose and liver expression profile of IL-1F members toward a more antiinflammatory direction...
- Involvement of interleukin-1 genotypes in the association of coronary heart disease with periodontitisKaren Geismar
Department of Periodontology, Dental School, University of Copenhagen, Copenhagen, Denmark
J Periodontol 79:2322-30. 2008..The coexistence of the two disease entities could be dependent on mutual risk factors, and polymorphism of the interleukin (IL)-1 gene cluster associated with the severity of PE might also be involved in the pathogenesis of CHD...
- Genetic analysis of the interleukin-1 receptor antagonist and its homologue IL-1L1 in alopecia areata: strong severity association and possible gene interactionR Tazi-Ahnini
Division of Genomic Medicine, University of Sheffield, Royal Hallamshire Hospital, Sheffield S10 2JF, UK
Eur J Immunogenet 29:25-30. 2002..The novel interleukin-1 like molecule 1 (IL-1L1) which has greatest gene sequence homology with IL1RN, the gene encoding IL-1ra, is another potential IL-1 antagonist...
- Bone mineral mass is associated with interleukin 1 receptor autoantigen and TNF-alpha gene polymorphisms in post-menopausal Mediterranean womenR Fontova
University Hospital of Tarragona Joan XXIII, Medicine and Surgery Department, Spain
J Endocrinol Invest 25:684-90. 2002..02). We conclude that both IL-1ra and TNF-alpha can be candidate loci to be studied in the susceptibility to develop post-menopausal osteoporosis...
- Polymorphisms of interleukin-1 gene complex, IL6 and tumour necrosis factor genes in chronic idiopathic neutropenia of adultsMarcelo Addas-Carvalho
Haematology and Hemotherapy Center, State University of Campinas, UNICAMP, Campinas, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Ann Hematol 84:709-14. 2005..The aim of the present study was to investigate the association of polymorphisms of IL1B-511C/T and +3953C/T, IL1RN intron 2, IL6-174G/C and TNF-308G/A genes with CINA...
- Analysis of interleukin (IL)-1beta IL-1 receptor antagonist, soluble IL-1 receptor type II and IL-1 accessory protein in HCV-associated lymphoproliferative disordersMassimo Libra
Department of Biomedical Sciences, University of Catania, 95124 Catania, Italy
Oncol Rep 15:1305-8. 2006..These data indicate that an attempt to increased circulating levels of IL-1 inhibitors occurs at different extent in the course of HCV infection as well as in its progression to NHL and/or MC...
- Helicobacter pylori infection, interleukin-1 gene polymorphisms and the risk of colorectal cancer: evidence from a case-control study in GermanyNatalia Zumkeller
Division of Clinical Epidemiology and Aging Research, German Cancer Research Centre, Bergheimer Str 20, D 69115 Heidelberg, Germany
Eur J Cancer 43:1283-9. 2007..Additionally, a pro-inflammatory genotype did not increase the colorectal cancer risk associated with H. pylori infection. H. pylori positive subjects carrying the pro-inflammatory genotypes even had a lower risk...
- Association of interleukin-1A, interleukin-1B and interleukin-1 receptor antagonist gene polymorphisms with multiple myelomaDanai Abazis-Stamboulieh
Department of Biology, Medical School, University of Thessalia, Larissa, Greece
Leuk Lymphoma 48:2196-203. 2007..we investigated the correlation between the single nucleotide polymorphisms IL1A -889, IL1B -511, IL1B +3954, IL1RN Mspa1 +11100 and susceptibility to MM in 74 patients and 160 controls...
- Interleukin-1beta and interleukin-1 receptor antagonist gene polymorphisms in Korean patients with adult-onset Still's diseaseJ Y Youm
Division of Rheumatology, Department of Medicine, College of Medicine, The Hospital for Rheumatic Disease, Hanyang University, Seoul, South Korea
Scand J Rheumatol 36:390-3. 2007..We have therefore investigated whether IL-1beta and IL-1Ra gene polymorphisms are associated with the development and clinical features of AOSD...
- Polymorphisms of interleukin-1 and interleukin-2 genes in patients with gastric cancer in KoreaWoon Geon Shin
Department of Internal Medicine, Hallym University, Medical Center, Seoul, Korea
J Gastroenterol Hepatol 23:1567-73. 2008..Therefore, we compared the genotypes of IL-1B, IL-1RN, and IL-2 gene polymorphisms with risk of gastric ulcers (GU), GC, and DU in Korean patients...
- Gene polymorphisms of TNF-alpha-308 (G/A), IL-10(-1082) (G/A), IL-6(-174) (G/C) and IL-1Ra (VNTR) in Egyptian cases with type 1 diabetes mellitusAhmad Settin
Genetics Unit, Children Hospital, Mansoura University, Mansoura, Egypt
Autoimmunity 42:50-5. 2009..Subjects. This work included 50 cases with T1D and 98 healthy individuals from the Nile Delta region of Egypt. Cases included 20 males and 30 females with a median age of 25 and range of 15-50 years...
- Interleukin-1 receptor antagonist gene polymorphism and susceptibility to ischemic strokeAli Akbar Rezaii
Department of Neurology, Sina Hospital, Hamedan, Hamedan University of Medical Sciences, Iran
Immunol Invest 38:220-30. 2009..48 (95% CI, 1.67, 3.51, p = 0.006). These data suggest that allele 2 of the IL-1Ra intron 2 gene represents a susceptibility factor in the development of ischemic stroke...
- Association of interleukin-1 receptor antagonist gene polymorphism with response to conservative treatment of lumbar herniated nucleus pulposusDong Hwan Kim
Department of Rehabilitation Medicine, East West Neomedical Center, School of Medicine, Kyung Hee University, Seoul, Korea
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 35:1527-31. 2010..A case-control study...
- The IL1RN promoter rs4251961 correlates with IL-1 receptor antagonist concentrations in human infection and is differentially regulated by GATA-1Enitan D Carrol
Malawi Liverpool Wellcome Trust Clinical Research Programme, Blantyre, Malawi
J Immunol 186:2329-35. 2011..The minor allele of an IL1RN gene (C/T) promoter polymorphism (rs4251961) has been shown to be associated with decreased IL-1Ra production in ..
- Serum interleukin 1 receptor antagonist as an independent marker of non-alcoholic steatohepatitis in humansJussi Pihlajamaki
Department of Medicine, University of Eastern Finland and Kuopio University Hospital, Kuopio, Finland
J Hepatol 56:663-70. 2012..In this study, we investigated the benefits of measuring serum interleukin 1 receptor antagonist (IL-1RA) levels...
- Association analysis between variants of the interleukin-1beta and the interleukin-1 receptor antagonist gene and antidepressant treatment response in major depressionAndre Tadic
Department of Psychiatry, University of Mainz Germany
Neuropsychiatr Dis Treat 4:269-76. 2008..An independent replication of our finding is needed. If replicated, the IL-1beta C-511T promoter polymorphism could be considered useful for prospective confirmatory pharmacogenetic trials in patients with major depression...
- Modic changes and interleukin 1 gene locus polymorphisms in occupational cohort of middle-aged menJaro Karppinen
Finnish Institute of Occupational Health, Helsinki, Finland
Eur Spine J 18:1963-70. 2009..Six single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNP) in the IL1 gene cluster (IL1A c.1-889C>T; IL1B c.3954C>T; IL1RN c.1812G>A; IL1RN c.1887G>C; IL1RN c.11100T>C; IL1RN c...
- A new cytokine-receptor binding mode revealed by the crystal structure of the IL-1 receptor with an antagonistH Schreuder
Marion Merrell Dow Research Institute, Strasbourg, France
Nature 386:194-200. 1997..ligands for the IL-1 receptor (IL1R) exist: the agonists IL-1alpha and IL-1beta and the IL-1-receptor antagonist IL1RA (ref. 2). IL-1 is the only cytokine for which a naturally occurring antagonist is known...
- A new nomenclature for IL-1-family genesJ E Sims
Trends Immunol 22:536-7. 2001
- Smoking and polymorphisms of the interleukin-1 gene cluster (IL-1alpha, IL-1beta, and IL-1RN) in patients with periodontal diseaseP Meisel
Department of Pharmacology, Ernst Moritz Arndt University, Greifswald, Germany
J Periodontol 73:27-32. 2002..However, interactions of genetic with other risk factors, especially smoking, remain questionable. The aim of this cross-sectional study was to evaluate the genetic influence on periodontal variables in relation to environmental factors...
- Co-expression of vascular endothelial growth factor and interleukin-1 receptor antagonist improves human islet survival and functionAjit S Narang
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Tennesee Health Science Center, 26 S Dunlap St, Feurt Bldg RM 413, Memphis, Tennessee 38163, USA
Pharm Res 23:1970-82. 2006..We determined whether there is an additive effect of hVEGF and human interleukin-1 receptor antagonist (hIL-1Ra) gene expression in human islets...
- The interleukin-1 and Fcgamma receptor gene polymorphisms in Japanese patients with rheumatoid arthritis and periodontitisTetsuo Kobayashi
Division of Periodontology, Department of Oral Biological Science, Niigata University Graduate School of Medical and Dental Sciences, Niigata, Japan
J Periodontol 78:2311-8. 2007..Therefore, we evaluated whether the IL-1 and FcgammaR gene polymorphisms represent a common risk factor for RA and periodontitis...
- Association of IL-1 gene complex members with ankylosing spondylitis in Chinese Han populationZ S Guo
Department of Rheumatology, Third Affiliated Hospital of Sun Yat Sen University, Guangzhou, China
Int J Immunogenet 37:33-7. 2010..3, RN.4, RN.6/1) and the IL1RN.VNTR of IL-1 gene cluster...
- A high interleukin 1 receptor antagonist/IL-1beta ratio occurs naturally in knee osteoarthritisPascal Richette
Universite Paris 7, UFR médicale, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Paris, France
J Rheumatol 35:1650-4. 2008....
- The different expression patterns of interleukin-1 receptor antagonist in systemic lupus erythematosusL J Tsai
Graduate Institute of Life Sciences, National Defense Medical Center, Taipei, Taiwan, Republic of China
Tissue Antigens 68:493-501. 2006The interleukin-1 receptor antagonist (IL1RN or IL-1Ra) is a natural antagonist of IL-1-beta...
- Genetic control of IL-1beta bioactivity through differential regulation of the IL-1 receptor antagonistJoannis Vamvakopoulos
Department of Surgery, University of Cambridge, Cambridge, GB, UK
Eur J Immunol 32:2988-96. 2002..We recently proposed that an intronic polymorphism of the human gene encoding the IL-1R antagonist (IL1RN) is a genetic risk factor for the development of chronic cardiac allograft rejection...
- Relevance of IL-1 and TNF gene polymorphisms on interleukin-1beta and tumor necrosis factor-alpha gastric mucosal productionMaría A García-González
Instituto Aragones de Ciencias de la Salud, Zaragoza, Spain
Hum Immunol 70:935-45. 2009..Genomic DNA was typed for the IL1B-511, IL1B+3954, variable number of tandem repeat (VNTR) IL1RN, TNFA-308, TNFA-238, LTA NcoI, and LTA Bsi gene polymorphisms by polymerase chain reaction, restriction fragment ..
- Interleukin-1 receptor antagonist binds to the type II interleukin-1 receptor on B cells and neutrophilsD J Dripps
Synergen, Inc, Boulder, Colorado 80301
J Biol Chem 266:20311-5. 1991..There may be a population of cells for which the actions of IL-1 cannot be effectively opposed by IL-1ra, although this group does not include mature B cells and PMNs...
- Proinflammatory genotype of interleukin-1 and interleukin-1 receptor antagonist is associated with ESRD in proteinase 3-ANCA vasculitis patientsStefan Borgmann
Department of Medical Microbiology, University of Tubingen, Tubingen, Germany
Am J Kidney Dis 41:933-42. 2003....
- Allergic rhinitis and polymorphisms of the interleukin 1 gene complexVeli Pekka Joki-Erkkilä
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, Tampere University Hospital, Tampere, Finland
Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol 91:275-9. 2003..Allergic rhinitis is a chronic inflammatory disease with a genetic background. Inflammatory reactions are regulated by cytokines. Cytokine genes are polymorphic and have been implicated as candidate genes in allergy...
- Interleukin-1B (IL-1B) and interleukin-1 receptor antagonist (IL-1RN) gene polymorphisms are not associated with tubal pathology and Chlamydia trachomatis-related tubal factor subfertilityLaura S Murillo
Laboratory of Immunogenetics, VU University Medical Centrum, Van der Boechorststraat 7, 1081 BT Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Hum Reprod 18:2309-14. 2003..However, not all C.trachomatis-infected women actually develop tubal pathology. Recently, host genetic factors such as the interleukin-1 gene cluster have been linked to inflammatory and infectious diseases...
- Polymorphism of the interleukin-1 receptor antagonist gene: a factor in susceptibility to rheumatoid arthritis in a Spanish populationPatricia E Carreira
Servicio de Reumatoloía, Hospital 12 de Octubre, Madrid, Spain
Arthritis Rheum 52:3015-9. 2005To assess whether an interleukin-1 receptor antagonist gene (IL1RN) polymorphism is associated with disease susceptibility and/or severity in a Spanish population of patients with rheumatoid arthritis (RA).
- Association of interleukin-1beta and interleukin-1 receptor antagonist gene polymorphisms in Turkish children with atopic asthmaDost Zeyrek
Division of Allergy and Pulmonology, Department of Pediatrics, Aegean University School of Medicine, Izmir, Turkey
Allergy Asthma Proc 29:468-74. 2008..Based on these findings, it has been proposed that IL-1beta -511C/T and IL-Ra intron 2 gene polymorphism are useful markers for prediction of asthma...
- Associations of the IL-1 and TNF gene polymorphisms in the susceptibility to duodenal ulcer disease in Chinese Han populationQ Mei
Department of Gastroenterology, The First Affiliated Hospital, Anhui Medical University, Hefei, China
Int J Immunogenet 37:9-12. 2010..pylori positivity. These findings show that no evidence for the involvement of a proinflammatory polymorphism in the IL-1Beta-511, IL-1RN and TNF-A-308 in the susceptibility to DU in China...
- Association between mannose-binding lectin and interleukin-1 receptor antagonist gene polymorphisms and recurrent vulvovaginal candidiasisMaria Dulce Kaoro Horie Wojitani
Servico de Imunologia, Genetica e Infecções do Trato Reprodutivo da Disciplina de Ginecologia, da Faculdade de Medicina, da Universidade de Sao Paulo, Avenida Dr Enéas de Carvalho Aguiar 255, 10 andar, sala 10177, Cerkueira Cesar, Sao Paulo, SP, 05403900, Brazil
Arch Gynecol Obstet 285:149-53. 2012..The influence of functional polymorphisms in the genes coding for mannose-binding lectin (MBL) and interleukin-1 receptor antagonist (IL-1ra) on recurrent vulvovaginal candidiasis (RVVC) were examined in an urban Brazilian population...
- Mutation screening of the IL-1 receptor antagonist gene in chronic non-bacterial osteomyelitis of childhood and adolescenceChristine Beck
University of Wurzburg, Germany
Clin Exp Rheumatol 29:1040-3. 2011..g., skin. Recently, a novel syndrome due to deficiency of interleukin-1 receptor antagonist (IL1RN), DIRA has been identified...
- Natural and recombinant human IL-1 receptor antagonists block the effects of IL-1 on bone resorption and prostaglandin productionP Seckinger
Department of Medicine, University of Geneva, Switzerland
J Immunol 145:4181-4. 1990..The inhibitory effects appeared to be competitive, because increasing concentrations of IL-1 overcame the block of bone resorption in both systems and the inhibition of PGE2 production in calvariae...
- IL-1H, an interleukin 1-related protein that binds IL-18 receptor/IL-1RrpG Pan
Department of Endocrinology, Genentech, Inc, 1 DNA Way, South San Francisco, CA, 94080, USA
Cytokine 13:1-7. 2001..These findings suggest that IL-1H may be another ligand for the IL-18 receptor and a new player in the inflammatory and immune responses mediated by the IL-18/IL-18R axis...
- Association of tumor necrosis factor-alpha and interleukin-1 gene polymorphisms with silicosisB Yucesoy
Toxicology and Molecular Biology Branch, National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health, 1095 Willowdale Road, Morgantown, West Virginia 26505, USA
Toxicol Appl Pharmacol 172:75-82. 2001..These studies suggest that gene-environment interactions involving cytokine polymorphisms play a significant role in silicosis by modifying the extent of and susceptibility to disease...
- Association of interleukin-1 receptor antagonist gene polymorphisms with early onset periodontitis in JapaneseHideaki Tai
Department of Periodontology, Faculty of Dentistry, Niigata University, Niigata, Japan
J Clin Periodontol 29:882-8. 2002....
- Variation within genes encoding interleukin-1 and the interleukin-1 receptor antagonist influence the severity of meningococcal diseaseRobert C Read
Division of Genomic Medicine, University of Sheffield Medical School, Beech Hill Road, Sheffield S10 2RX, United Kingdom
Ann Intern Med 138:534-41. 2003..Genetically determined variation in proinflammatory cytokine release influences severity of meningococcal disease and other serious infections...
- Association of IL-1 RN*2 allele and methionine synthase 2756 AA genotype with dementia severity of sporadic Alzheimer's diseaseP Bosco
IRCCS Associazione Oasi Maria SS, Institute for Research on Mental Retardation and Brain Aging, Troina, Italy
J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry 75:1036-8. 2004..Genetic polymorphisms of APO-E, homocysteine, and the IL-1 gene cluster (IL-1A, IL-1B, receptor antagonist IL-1RN) are associated with sporadic Alzheimer's disease and may involve interdependent pathways of neuronal toxicity...
- Polymorphism in intron 2 of the interleukin-1 receptor antagonist gene, local midtrimester cytokine response to vaginal flora, and subsequent preterm birthMehmet R Genc
Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology, and Reproductive Biology, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
Am J Obstet Gynecol 191:1324-30. 2004....
- No allelic variant associations of the IL-1 and TNF gene polymorphisms in the susceptibility to duodenal ulcer diseaseM A Garcia-Gonzalez
Unidad Mixta de Investigación and Department of Gastroenterology, Hospital Clinico Universitario Lozano Blesa, Zaragoza, Spain
Int J Immunogenet 32:299-306. 2005..Our data show no association between allelic variants of IL-1 and TNF gene polymorphisms in the susceptibility to and final outcome of duodenal ulcer...
- The association between the interleukin-1 polymorphisms and gastric cancer risk depends on the family history of gastric carcinoma in the study populationTeresa Starzynska
Department of Gastroenterology, Pomeranian Medical Academy, Szczecin, Poland
Am J Gastroenterol 101:248-54. 2006..The association between interleukin-1 polymorphisms, H. pylori and increased gastric cancer risk remains controversial...
- Interleukin-1 (IL-1) receptor antagonist gene polymorphism in normal weight obese syndrome: relationship to body composition and IL-1 alpha and beta plasma levelsLaura Di Renzo
Department of Neuroscience, Division of Human Nutrition, University of Tor Vergata, Via Montpellier 1, 00133 Rome, Italy
Pharmacol Res 55:131-8. 2007..Our findings suggest that the allele 2 might be an important high-risk genetic marker for normal weight obese syndrome and obesity related diseases...
- Lack of association between the interleukin-1 gene complex and schizophrenia in a Japanese populationYuichiro Watanabe
Department of Psychiatry, Niigata University Graduate School of Medical and Dental Sciences, Niigata, Japan
Psychiatry Clin Neurosci 61:364-9. 2007..The results of the present study suggest that the IL1 gene complex does not play a major role in conferring susceptibility to schizophrenia in the Japanese population...
- The interleukin-1 receptor antagonist gene and the inhibitor of kappa B-like protein gene polymorphisms are not associated with myocardial infarction in Slovene population with type 2 diabetesStojan Kariz
Department of Internal Medicine, General Hospital Izola, Izola, Slovenia
Coll Antropol 31:503-7. 2007..study we investigated the association of the interleukin-1 receptor antagonist gene variable number tandem repeat (IL1RN VNTR) polymorphism and of the inhibitor of kappa B-like protein (IKBL) gene polymorphism with myocardial ..
- Association of interleukin-4 and interleukin-1 receptor antagonist gene polymorphisms and risk of benign prostatic hyperplasiaRituraj Konwar
Division of Endocrinology, Central Drug Research Institute, Lucknow, India
Urology 71:868-72. 2008..The purpose of this study was to investigate the genetic association of polymorphisms of important cytokine genes (IL-4 and IL-1Ra) with the risk of BPH in a case-control study of a North Indian population...
- Interleukin-1 region meta-analysis with osteoarthritis phenotypesG Moxley
Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, VA 23298 0263, USA
Osteoarthritis Cartilage 18:200-7. 2010..Several research groups have examined osteoarthritis (OA) association with Interleukin-1 (IL-1) region markers and haplotypes. The results have been suggestive for hand OA, negative for knee OA, and conflicting for hip OA...
- Interleukin-1 receptor antagonist gene (IL1RN) polymorphism possibly associated to severity of rheumatic carditis in a Brazilian cohortPedro Ming Azevedo
Rheumatology Division, Faculdade de Medicina da Universidade de Sao Paulo, CEP 01246903 Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
Cytokine 49:109-13. 2010To evaluate the IL1RN polymorphism as a possible marker for Rheumatic Fever (RF) susceptibility or disease severity.
- Radiographic severity of knee osteoarthritis is conditional on interleukin 1 receptor antagonist gene variationsMukundan Attur
Division of Rheumatology, New York University Hospital for Joint Diseases, New York, NY 10003, USA
Ann Rheum Dis 69:856-61. 2010..A lack of biomarkers that identify patients at risk for severe osteoarthritis (OA) complicates development of disease-modifying OA drugs...
- Circulating levels of interleukin-1 family cytokines in overweight adolescentsChristian Jung
Department of Internal Medicine I, Friedrich Schiller University, Erlanger Allee 101, 07747 Jena, Germany
Mediators Inflamm 2010:958403. 2010..Obesity and related diseases are dramatically increasing problems, particularly in children and adolescents. We determined circulating levels of different interleukin (IL)-1 family members in normal weight and overweight adolescents...
- Variable number of tandem repeat polymorphisms of the interleukin-1 receptor antagonist gene IL-1RN: a novel association with the athlete statusSabina Cauci
Department of Biomedical Sciences and Technologies, School of Medicine, Universita di Udine, Udine, Italy
BMC Med Genet 11:29. 2010..Therefore, the IL-1 family cytokine genes are plausible candidate genes for athleticism. We explored whether IL-1 polymorphisms are associated with athlete status in European subjects...
- IL-1 gene cluster is not linked to aggressive periodontitisC Scapoli
Department of Biology and Evolution, University of Ferrara, Corso Ercole I d Este 32, I 44100 Ferrara, Italy
J Dent Res 89:457-61. 2010..No association between AgP and IL1A, IL1B, and IL1RN genes was found in either single-point or haplotype analyses...
- Interleukin (IL)-1beta, IL-1 receptor antagonist, IL-6, IL-8, IL-10, and tumor necrosis factor alpha gene polymorphisms in patients with febrile seizuresI Ching Chou
Children s Medical Center, China Medical University Hospital, Taichung, Taiwan
J Clin Lab Anal 24:154-9. 2010..63, 95% CI: 1.08-6.39; chi(2)=4.55, P=0.033). We conclude that the IL-1 Ra gene might be one of the useful markers for predicting susceptibility to FSs...
- Interleukin-1B and interleukin-1 receptor antagonist gene polymorphisms are not associated with premalignant gastric conditions: a combined haplotype analysisLimas Kupcinskas
Department of Gastroenterology, Kaunas University of Medicine, Kaunas, Lithuania
Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol 22:1189-95. 2010Contradictory results have been reported about the role of interleukin-1B (IL1B) and IL1 receptor antagonist (IL1RN) alleles in gastric carcinogenesis...
- Investigation of the interleukin-1 gene cluster polymorphisms in Jordanian patients with chronic and aggressive periodontitisJumana A Karasneh
Department of Oral Medicine and Oral Surgery, Dental School, Jordan University of Science and Technology, Irbid, Jordan
Arch Oral Biol 56:269-76. 2011..IL-1 gene polymorphisms have been associated with the IL-1 level. The aim of this study was to investigate if IL-1 gene cluster polymorphisms are associated with chronic (CP) and aggressive (AgP) periodontitis in a Jordanian population...
- Leptin modulates beta cell expression of IL-1 receptor antagonist and release of IL-1beta in human isletsKathrin Maedler
Division of Endocrinology and Diabetes, University Hospital, CH8091 Zurich, Switzerland
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 101:8138-43. 2004..Moreover, siIL-1Ra enhanced glucose-induced beta cell apoptosis. These findings demonstrate expression of IL-1Ra in the human beta cell, providing localized protection against leptin- and glucose-induced islet IL-1beta...
- An autoinflammatory disease with deficiency of the interleukin-1-receptor antagonistIvona Aksentijevich
National Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
N Engl J Med 360:2426-37. 2009..We report a disorder caused by mutations of IL1RN, which encodes the interleukin-1-receptor antagonist, with prominent involvement of skin and bone.
- Accelerated increase in serum interleukin-1 receptor antagonist starts 6 years before diagnosis of type 2 diabetes: Whitehall II prospective cohort studyMaren Carstensen
Institute for Clinical Diabetology, German Diabetes Center, Leibniz Center for Diabetes Research at Heinrich Heine University Düsseldorf, Dusseldorf, Germany
Diabetes 59:1222-7. 2010..We used repeated measurements to characterize IL-1Ra trajectories in individuals who developed type 2 diabetes...
- Interleukin 1B and interleukin 1RN polymorphisms are associated with increased risk of gastric carcinomaJ C Machado
Institute of Molecular Pathology and Immunology, University of Porto, Porto, Portugal
Gastroenterology 121:823-9. 2001....
- Polymorphism in the interleukin-1 gene complex and spontaneous preterm deliveryMehmet R Genc
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Weill Medical College of Cornell University, USA
Am J Obstet Gynecol 187:157-63. 2002We examined the association between preterm delivery and polymorphisms at position +3953 of the interleukin-1 beta gene (IL1B+3953) and in intron 2 of the interleukin-1 receptor antagonist gene (IL1RN).
- Cytokine gene polymorphisms in idiopathic pulmonary fibrosisR L Riha
Department of Thoracic Medicine, The Prince Charles Hospital, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Intern Med J 34:126-9. 2004..Further research is needed to assess the utility of cytokine gene polymorphisms as markers of disease -susceptibility...
- IL1RN polymorphic gene and cagA-positive status independently increase the risk of noncardia gastric carcinomaGifone Aguiar Rocha
Laboratory of Research in Bacteriology, Faculdade de Medicina, Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais, Belo Horizonte, Brazil
Int J Cancer 115:678-83. 2005..The cagA status was determined by PCR or serology. IL1B-511/-31, IL1RN (interleukin-1 receptor antagonist) and TNFA-307 polymorphisms were genotyped by PCR, PCR with restriction ..
- Interleukin-1 gene polymorphisms and gastric cancer risk in a high-risk Italian populationD Palli
Molecular and Nutritional Epidemiology Unit, Cancer Research and Prevention Center CSPO, Scientific Institute of Tuscany, Florence, Italy
Am J Gastroenterol 100:1941-8. 2005..The aim of the study was to investigate the relationship between selected IL1 loci polymorphisms and gastric cancer risk in an Italian population...
- Most of the interleukin 1 receptor antagonist, cathepsin S, macrophage migration inhibitory factor, nerve growth factor, and interleukin 18 release by explants of human adipose tissue is by the non-fat cells, not by the adipocytesJohn N Fain
Department of Molecular Sciences, College of Medicine, University of Tennessee Health Science Center, Memphis, TN 38163, USA
Metabolism 55:1113-21. 2006..Our results suggest that the non-fat cells in human adipose tissue contribute to most of the release of NGF, IL-18, IL-1Ra, cathepsin S, and MIF seen during primary culture of adipose tissue explants from obese women...
- Common genetic variation in the gene encoding interleukin-1-receptor antagonist (IL-1RA) is associated with altered circulating IL-1RA levelsS Rafiq
Peninsula College of Medicine and Dentistry, University of Exeter, Magdalen Road, Exeter, UK
Genes Immun 8:344-51. 2007..03), alpha-2 macroglobulin (P=0.008) and adiponectin (P=0.007) serum levels. In conclusion, common variation across the IL-1RN gene is strongly associated with IL-1RA levels...
- Potential influence of IL1B haplotype and IL1A-IL1B-IL1RN extended haplotype on hand osteoarthritis riskG Moxley
Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, VA, USA
Osteoarthritis Cartilage 15:1106-12. 2007..To assess osteoarthritis (OA) association with the human interleukin-1 (IL-1) region...
- Association between cytokine gene polymorphisms and gastric precancerous lesions: systematic review and meta-analysisBarbara Peleteiro
Serviço de Higiene e Epidemiologia, Faculdade de Medicina da Universidade do Porto, Al Prof Hernani Monteiro, 4200 319 Porto, Portugal
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 19:762-76. 2010..Our objective was to perform a meta-analysis of studies addressing the association between IL1B-511, IL1RN variable number of tandem repeat, and TNFA-308 gene polymorphisms and gastric precancerous lesions, including ..
- Interleukin-1B and interleukin-1 RN polymorphisms and gastric carcinoma risk: a meta-analysisHuiPing Xue
Department of Gastroenterology, Shanghai Institute of Gastrointestinal Diseases, Shanghai, China
J Gastroenterol Hepatol 25:1604-17. 2010....
- Interleukin-1 receptor antagonist haplotype associated with prostate cancer riskF Lindmark
Department of Radiation Sciences Oncology, Umea University, Sweden
Br J Cancer 93:493-7. 2005....
- Primary structure and functional expression from complementary DNA of a human interleukin-1 receptor antagonistS P Eisenberg
Synergen Inc, Boulder, Colorado 80301
Nature 343:341-6. 1990..The sequence of the receptor antagonist indicates that it is structurally similar to IL-1 beta. Expression of the cDNA in Escherichia coli yields IL-1 receptor antagonist activity...
- Purification, cloning, expression and biological characterization of an interleukin-1 receptor antagonist proteinD B Carter
Department of Molecular Biology Research, Upjohn Company, Kalamazoo, Michigan 49007
Nature 344:633-8. 1990A human myelomonocytic cell line, U937, produced an interleukin-1 (IL-1) receptor antagonist protein (IRAP) which was purified and partially sequenced. A complementary DNA coding for IRAP was cloned and sequenced...
- IL1HY1: A novel interleukin-1 receptor antagonist geneJ J Mulero
Functional Genomics Department, Immunology Group, Hyseq Inc, 670 Almanor Avenue, Sunnyvale, California 94086, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 263:702-6. 1999..Furthermore, the message can be induced in THP-1 cells by phorbol ester (PMA) and lipopolysaccharide (LPS) treatment...
- Interleukin-1beta and interleukin-1 receptor antagonist gene polymorphism in postmenopausal women: correlation to bone mineral density and susceptibility to osteoporosisHuey Yi Chen
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, China Medical College Hospital, School of Medicine, China Medical College, Taichung, Taiwan
Maturitas 44:49-54. 2003..Our aim was to investigate the correlations of the interleukin-1beta (IL-1beta) and interleukin-1 receptor antagonist (IL-1Ra) gene polymorphisms with bone mineral density (BMD) and their relationship to osteoporosis...
- Synergistic effect of Helicobacter pylori virulence factors and interleukin-1 polymorphisms for the development of severe histological changes in the gastric mucosaRoland Rad
Department of Internal Medicine II and Gastroenterology, Bogenhausen Academic Teaching Hospital, Technical University of Munich, Ismaningerstrasse 22, 81675 Munich, Germany
J Infect Dis 188:272-81. 2003..8-32.1) for severe granulocytic infiltration, 6.0 (95% CI, 2.4-15.5) for IM, and 2.4 (95% CI, 0.93-6.2) for AG. Combined bacterial/host genotyping thus may provide a clinical tool to identify patients at high risk of developing cancer...
- Susceptibility for ischemic stroke in Korean population is associated with polymorphisms of the interleukin-1 receptor antagonist and tumor necrosis factor-alpha genes, but not the interleukin-1beta geneByung Cheol Lee
Department of Oriental Internal Medicine, College of Medicine, Kyung Hee University, 1 Hoegi dong, Dongdaemun ku, Seoul 130 701, South Korea
Neurosci Lett 357:33-6. 2004..The analysis shown the association of IL1RN*1, IL1RN*2 allele (IL1RN*1, OR=0.44, P = 0.0206 IL1RN*2, OR=2.90, P = 0.0141) and TNF1, TNF2 allele (TNF1, OR=2...
- Association of the interleukin-1 gene cluster with radiographic signs of osteoarthritis of the hipIngrid Meulenbelt
Molecular Epidemiology, Leiden University Medical Center, Leiden, The Netherlands
Arthritis Rheum 50:1179-86. 2004To study the role of the interleukin-1 beta gene (IL1B) and the IL-1 receptor antagonist gene (IL1RN) in relation to the occurrence of radiographic osteoarthritis (ROA) in the hip, knee, and hand and disc degeneration of the spine.
- Interleukin-1 receptor antagonist gene polymorphism and traditional classification in obese womenJae Young Um
Department of Pharmacology, College of Oriental Medicine, Kyung Hee University, Seoul, South Korea
Int J Neurosci 116:39-53. 2006..047). No relationship was found between the IL-1ra polymorphism and BMI in Korean women, but the authors first attempted to find an association among IL-1ra polymorphism, obesity, and Sasang constitution...
- Interleukin-1 receptor antagonist gene polymorphism affects the progression of chronic renal failureMonika Buraczynska
Laboratory for Molecular Diagnostics of Multifactorial Diseases, Department of Nephrology, University Medical School, Dr K Jaczewskiego 8, 20 954 Lublin, Poland
Cytokine 36:167-72. 2006..Our results demonstrate for the first time the association of the IL-1Ra allele 2 with faster progression to ESRD. If confirmed in other populations, it might be a predictor of faster disease progression...
- Gender-based dimorphic pattern for interleukin-1 receptor antagonist in type 2 diabetes mellitusJ Ybarra
Division of Endocrinology, Hospital de la Santa Creu i de Sant Pau, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona UAB, Barcelona, Spain
Diabetes Metab 34:75-81. 2008..The anti-inflammatory interleukin-1 receptor antagonist (IL-1Ra) is the most highly elevated known cytokine in human obesity, and its serum levels are strongly associated with the degree of insulin resistance in non-diabetic patients...
- Genetic association of interleukin-1 haplotypes with gastritis and precancerous lesions in North IndiansB R Achyut
Department of Genetics, Sanjay Gandhi Postgraduate Institute of Medical Sciences, Lucknow 226014, India
Clin Exp Med 8:23-9. 2008..We evaluated the association of functional variants of IL-1 genes with the development of gastritis and precancerous lesions, which are known to be influenced by inflammatory response against Helicobacter pylori...
- Levels of adiponectin, C-reactive protein and interleukin-1 receptor antagonist are associated with insulin sensitivity: a population-based studyJ Saltevo
Department of Internal Medicine, Central Hospital of Middle Finland, Jyvaskyla, Finland
Diabetes Metab Res Rev 24:378-83. 2008....
- Interleukin 1-beta gene polymorphisms and risk of gastric cancer in SwedenChristina Persson
Department of Medical Epidemiology and Biostatistics, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
Scand J Gastroenterol 44:339-45. 2009..The purpose of this study was to clarify the role of these polymorphisms...
- Genotypic and functional roles of IL-1B and IL-1RN on the risk of gastroesophageal reflux disease: the presence of IL-1B-511*T/IL-1RN*1 (T1) haplotype may protect against the diseaseDipti Chourasia
Department of Gastroenterology, Sanjay Gandhi Postgraduate Institute of Medical Sciences, Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh, India
Am J Gastroenterol 104:2704-13. 2009....
- A physical map of the region encompassing the human interleukin-1 alpha, interleukin-1 beta, and interleukin-1 receptor antagonist genesM J Nicklin
Department of Medicine and Pharmacology, University of Sheffield, Royal Hallamshire Hospital, United Kingdom
Genomics 19:382-4. 1994..The genes (IL1A, IL1B, and IL1RN, respectively) were found to map to a common restriction fragment of approximately 430 kb that is flanked by two ..
- The human interleukin-1 receptor antagonist (IL1RN) gene is located in the chromosome 2q14 regionD Patterson
Eleanor Roosevelt Institute for Cancer Research, Denver, Colorado 80206
Genomics 15:173-6. 1993The gene for human interleukin-1 receptor antagonist (IL1RN) has been assigned to chromosome 2 on the basis of Southern blot analysis of a series of human-Chinese hamster cell hybrids...
- Interleukin 1 receptor antagonist (IL-1Ra) is an acute-phase proteinC Gabay
Division of Rheumatology, Department of Medicine, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, Colorado 80262, USA
J Clin Invest 99:2930-40. 1997..To examine whether IL1Ra is produced by liver cells with characteristics resembling an acute-phase protein, human primary hepatocytes ..
- The balance between IL-1 and IL-1Ra in diseaseWilliam P Arend
B115 Division of Rheumatology, Health Sciences Centre, University of Colorado, 4200 East Ninth Avenue, Denver, CO 80262, USA
Cytokine Growth Factor Rev 13:323-40. 2002..Treatment of RA with daily subcutaneous injections of recombinant IL-1Ra protein has been shown to be efficacious. Gene therapy approaches with IL-1Ra are being evaluated for the treatment of RA and other human diseases...
- Polymorphisms of the interleukin-1 gene cluster and ovarian cancerLukas A Hefler
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Vienna Medical School, Vienna, Austria
J Soc Gynecol Investig 9:386-90. 2002..Interleukin-1 (IL-1) is known to be critically involved in ovarian carcinogenesis. We investigated a panel of polymorphisms of the IL-1 and the IL-1 receptor antagonist (IL-1 RA) genes in patients with ovarian cancer...
- Effect of interleukin 1 polymorphisms on gastric mucosal interleukin 1beta production in Helicobacter pylori infectionIl Ran Hwang
Department of Medicine, Veterans Affairs Medical Center and Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Gastroenterology 123:1793-803. 2002....
- Longitudinal Population-Based Study of VulvodyniaBarbara D Reed; Fiscal Year: 2012..and Nerve Growth Factor receptors (NGF-r)], and vulvodynia in particular [Interleukin-1 receptor antagonist (IL1RN) and melanocortin-1 receptor (MC1R)]...
- Polly J Ferguson; Fiscal Year: 2016..Gene defects have been found in a subset of individuals with CRMO. Mutations in IL1RN, which encodes the interleukin-1 receptor antagonist (IL-1Ra), result in neonatal onset CRMO and pustulosis...
- Mechanisms of abnormal enterochromaffin cell secretion in Crohn's diseaseMark S Kidd; Fiscal Year: 2012..signaled secretory responses were reversed by LPS and IL1[unreadable] receptor antagonists (K12 LPS and IL1RA) and inhibited (80%) by a somatostatin analog in human samples...
- Inflammation Pathways in Breast CancerMargaret M Madeleine; Fiscal Year: 2010..evaluate whether polymorphisms in proinflammatory (IL1, IL6, IL8, IL12, TNF, and leptin) and anti- flammatory (IL1RN, IL2, IL10, adiponectin) genes and their receptors alter the risk of breast cancer;2) The impact of specific gene-..
- Effie W Petersdorf; Fiscal Year: 2015..The specific aims of this proposal are to 1) Determine ILIA, ILIB, IL1RN, IL6, IL6R, ILI 5 and 1L15RA sequence variation and its organization on haplotypes in individuals of AFA, API, CAU ..
- DELIVERY OF THERAPEUTIC GENES TO HUMAN RHEUMATOID JOINTSChristopher Evans; Fiscal Year: 2000..strategy employing a retrovirus (MFG-IRAP) and autologous synovial fibroblasts, it proved possible to transfer the IL1Ra gene to rheumatoid joints and to express them within those joints...
- Cytokine Polymorphisms and Cancer Related PainCielito Reyes Gibby; Fiscal Year: 2009..build upon these compelling preliminary data by measuring plasma levels of key cytokines (IL-1a, IL-1[unreadable], IL1RN, IL-2, IL4, IL-6, IL-8, IL-10, TNF-a) and correlating the select genotypes with cytokine levels to assess the ..
- JONATHAN BOGAN; Fiscal Year: 2016..Moreover, GSVs contain proteins other than GLUT4, notably IRAP, which may mediate distinct physiologic actions to control vascular tone and water homeostasis...
- Timothy E McGraw; Fiscal Year: 2016..In Aim2 we will further characterize the role of IRAP in Glut4 sorting to GSVs, and we will use a membrane-tethered yeast 2-hybrid screen to identify proteins that bind ..
- PancreasFest 2010: Defining & Classifying Disease to Enhance Research & CareDavid C Whitcomb; Fiscal Year: 2010..NAPS2), Feeding and Pancreatic Rest in Acute Pancreatitis (now SNAP), and Idiopathic Recurrent Acute Pancreatitis (IRAP)...
- Konstantin V Kandror; Fiscal Year: 2016..in our and other laboratories have shown that, in addition to Glut4, these vesicles contain two major proteins, IRAP and sortilin...
- REGULATED ENDOCYTIC TRAFFIC IN FIBROBLASTSTimothy McGraw; Fiscal Year: 2004..hamster ovary (CHO) cells the endocytic behavior of vpTR, a chimera between the human transferrin receptor and IRAP (insulinregulated aminopeptidase)...
- ENDOTHELIAL CELL SENESCENCE GENESThomas Maciag; Fiscal Year: 2000..and migratory potential of the ECV cell in vitro independent of the presence of exogenous IL-1 receptor antagonist (IRAP)...
- Genetic & epidemiologic cohort study of asthma & allergySusan Ewart; Fiscal Year: 2009..allergies, we will investigate candidate genes thought to mediate allergic inflammation, IL4, IL4R, IL13, IL1 and IL1RN, in DNA samples collected from our cohort of children...
- Thermally-Induced Intra-Articular Drug Delivery SystemLori Setton; Fiscal Year: 2007unreadable] DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): The anti-inflammatory drugs, IL-1 receptor antagonist (IL1Ra) and TNF-alpha blocking antibodies, have been shown to dramatically modify the progression of inflammatory joint disease...
- INTIMATE RELATIONSHIP ABUSE PERCEPTION SCALES Hall; Fiscal Year: 1991..This study proposes to develop and validate an Intimate Relationship Abuse Perception (IRAP) Scale for measuring the degree to which women perceive themselves to experience intimate relationship abuse, ..
- INSULIN-INDUCED TRANSLOCATION OF GLUCOSE TRANSPORTERNai Wen Chi; Fiscal Year: 2001..These vesicles also sequester a transmembrane protein insulin-responsive aminopeptidase (IRAP)...
- Candidate Genes and CMV in Schizophrenia RiskBrian Shirts; Fiscal Year: 2007..for schizophrenia in conjunction with polymorphisms in six positional candidate genes: TNF, LTA, MICB, IL-1beta, IL1RN, and IL-10...
- IL1 RECEPTOR ANTAGONIST INTRACELLULAR VARIANTSWILLIAM AREND; Fiscal Year: 2003..Not only does sIL-1Ra inhibit the binding of IL-1 to cell surface receptors, but they hypothesize that the intracellular isoforms of IL-1Ra will exhibit additional antiinflammatory effect inside cells. ..
- Proteomic charaterization of insulin signaling targetsJONATHAN BOGAN; Fiscal Year: 2006..Additionally, this work may have broader implications for insulin signaling and for protein targeting. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Galanin and GalR2 Receptors in Antidepressant TreatmentsTamas Bartfai; Fiscal Year: 2009..The planned work will deepen our knowledge of the galanin/5-HT system in the DRN and its contribution to the effects of antidepressant treatments. ..
- Interaction between host cells and multicomponent material matrixWEIYUAN KAO; Fiscal Year: 2009..e., human blood-derived macrophages, dermal fibroblasts, and keratinocytes) using monoculture and binary cell culture systems. (3) To ascertain IPN efficacy in vivo in modulating the host reaction and healing. ..
- Nitric oxide and mitochondrial biogenesis in sepsisClaude A Piantadosi; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..
- Genetic factors in outcome from traumatic brain injuryRamon Diaz Arrastia; Fiscal Year: 2008..These studies may provide genetic evidence for a role of specific genes in tissue response after TBI, and may identify novel targets for therapeutic intervention. ..
- Lung Injury Protection by Coagulation BlockadeCLAUDE PIANTADOSI; Fiscal Year: 2008..A successfully optimized strategy could greatly attenuate persistence of pulmonary inflammation and facilitate the resolution of human ARDS. ..
- Association of inflammatory genes and prostate cancerJianfeng Xu; Fiscal Year: 2008..Answers to these questions will significantly improve our knowledge of the role of inflammation in prostate cancer and will guide our efforts in identifying additional prostate cancer genes. ..
- Molecular Epidemiology of non-Hodgkin Lymphoma SurvivalJames R Cerhan; Fiscal Year: 2010..Host genetics may also lead to a better understanding of NHL pathophysiology that could lead to new approaches to improve the survival of NHL patients. ..
- Immunogenetics of Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma SurvivalJames Cerhan; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- DIET AND SOMATIC MUTATIONS IN COLON CANCERMARTHA OR MARTY SLATTERY; Fiscal Year: 2007..e. p53, K-ras, and microsatellite instability). Differences in colon and rectal tumors will be compared. Additionally data from rectal tumors will be combined with that from colon tumors to define disease pathways. ..
- QTL mapping for genes regulating apoptosis capacityJianfeng Xu; Fiscal Year: 2010..Our proposal describes a novel and efficient approach to identify apoptosis genes that are critical in cancer susceptibility. ..
- BIOFUNCTIONAL MATERIALS CONTAINING PROTEIN MIMETICSWEIYUAN KAO; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- Insulin Signaling and the Heart in DiabetesEVAN ABEL; Fiscal Year: 2007..These studies will shed important insight into the regulation of cardiac function and metabolism by insulin and the role of impaired insulin signaling in the pathogenesis of diabetic cardiomyopathy. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Lanthanides as Novel Anti-Arthritic AgentsChristopher Evans; Fiscal Year: 2004..A successful outcome to these studies will have identified the basis for a potential new, very inexpensive anti-rheumatic agent whose mode of action differs from that of existing drugs. ..
- BIOFUNCTIONAL MATERIALS CONTAINING PROTEIN MIMETICSWEIYUAN KAO; Fiscal Year: 2001..The controlled release of these bioactive factors may have therapeutic values in the fundamental processes of inflammation, biocompatibility, and tissue healing. ..
- HYDROXYNONENAL MODIFICATION OF SUPEROXIDE DISMUTASEKenneth Hensley; Fiscal Year: 2002..abstract_text> ..
- Candidate genetic polymorphisms/ HIV-associated dementiaRamon Diaz Arrastia; Fiscal Year: 2002..These studies, is if successful, will provide genetic evidence for a role of specific inflammatory mediators in HAD, and may identify novel targets for therapeutic intervention. ..
- Delivery of Therapeutic Genes to Osteoarthritic JointsChristopher Evans; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- Hyperhomocysteinemia in Alzheimer's DiseaseRamon Diaz Arrastia; Fiscal Year: 2003..Each of these specific aims is essential to rationally design a large multicenter trial to determine whether polyvitamin therapy lowers AD risk. ..
- FOUR-CORNERS BREAST AND ENDOMETRIAL CANCER STUDYMARTHA OR MARTY SLATTERY; Fiscal Year: 2003..C-peptide, glycosylated hemoglobin, IGF-1, and IGFBP3 will be evaluated with respect to breast and endometrial cancer in a subset of women. ..
- BIOFUNCTIONAL MATERIALS CONTAINING PROTEIN MIMETICSWEIYUAN KAO; Fiscal Year: 2003..The controlled release of these bioactive factors may have therapeutic values in the fundamental processes of inflammation, biocompatibility, and tissue healing. ..
- Creatine: Is It a Body Builder for Cancer Patients?Aminah Jatoi; Fiscal Year: 2004..obtain longitudinal toxicity and quality of life data on this same cohort of 50 patients and will make direct comparisons between treatment arms on toxicity incidence and severity and on maximal quality of life scores ..
- Mechanisms and Therapeutics in Cancer Anorexia/CachexiaAminah Jatoi; Fiscal Year: 2004..This K23 grant application will serve as a springboard to allow her to delve into the pathophysiology of this syndrome and to develop into an independent clinical investigator. ..
- FRZB PROFILES AS OSTEOARTHRITIS BIOMARKERSMARY CORR; Fiscal Year: 2004..The results of these studies will both contribute to, and will utilize, the resources of the OA biomarker consortium. ..
- Targeting Antioxidant Therapy to Cardiac MitochondriaEVAN ABEL; Fiscal Year: 2006..Once efficacy is determined, promising reagents can then be subjected to pharmacokinetic and toxicological analysis following systemic administration. ..
- Gene Polymorphisms, Preterm Birth, Neonatal Complicatio*Steven Witkin; Fiscal Year: 2005..Identification of genetic factors in mothers or their neonates that influence susceptibility to preterm labor and fetal morbidity in different racial groups will aid in development of improved protocols for monitoring and treatment...
- AAOS/NIH Mulit-Year Research Symposia for 2005-2009Christopher Evans; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- Melanocortins, Energy Balance and Cancer AnorexiaBrent Wisse; Fiscal Year: 2006..Schwartz and the Harborview Medical Center Energy Metabolism Laboratory, and by joining a large community of productive researchers in the field of energy homeostasis across the University of Washington campus. ..
- Function of galanin receptor subtypes in the hippocampusTamas Bartfai; Fiscal Year: 2006..Also, because galanin has been shown to have anti-epileptic actions, understanding how this peptide regulates seizures could have clinical applications in the treatment of epilepsy. ..
- Transciption-independent Signaling by IL1 in NeuronsTamas Bartfai; Fiscal Year: 2006..molecular mechanisms of action will contribute to a better understanding of the neuronal effects of IL-1Beta in the hypothalamus, where it regulates the HPA axis, the temperature setpoint, and fever response [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Vulvar vestibulitis trial: Desipramine-LidocaineDavid Foster; Fiscal Year: 2006..equally effective or is one superior to the other? Is there any benefit from combined local and systemic treatments? And finally, do genetic characteristics and tissue cytokine concentrations influence treatment response? ..
- Growth Factors and Colon CancerMARTHA OR MARTY SLATTERY; Fiscal Year: 2006..This study builds on a unique existing resource to study genetic and environmental associations with colorectal cancer. It will provide insight into colon cancer etiology and therefore avenues to disease prevention. ..
- A PROSPECTIVE STUDY OF ALASKA NATIVES & AMERICAN INDIANSMARTHA OR MARTY SLATTERY; Fiscal Year: 2006..The AIAN cohort will serve as a resource to enhance research and training activities of AIAN students interested in health research, health education, and general public health. ..
- Novel Nanostructured Calcium Phosphate for Gene Delivery to BoneChristopher Evans; Fiscal Year: 2005..2. To evaluate the ability of nCaP-vector constructs to enhance osteogenic responses in vivo. ..
- Interaction of PTEN and CDKN1B in Pca susceptibilityJianfeng Xu; Fiscal Year: 2008..The results from this study are likely to significant advance our knowledge of prostate cancer risk and begin to explore the underlying biological mechanisms for any observed differences. ..
- Neuropeptide Y for Cancer-Associated AnorexiaAminah Jatoi; Fiscal Year: 2003..These two pilot studies will allow us to lay the groundwork for such larger trials. Our ultimate goal is to help cancer patients who suffer from anorexia. ..
- Mapping Prostate Cancer Susceptibility Genes at 8p22-23Jianfeng Xu; Fiscal Year: 2007..Successful identification of prostate cancer genes will have a significant impact on understanding the etiology, prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of prostate cancer. ..
- Insulin resistance and cardiac dysfunction in obesityEVAN ABEL; Fiscal Year: 2007..These studies will provide a detailed and comprehensive analysis of the role that abnormal myocardial insulin signaling plays in the pathogenesis of cardiac dysfunction in obesity. ..
- IL-1 RECEPTOR ANTAGONISTS WITH ENHANCED INHIBITORY ACTIVITYPatent Number: WO9609323-A1; Date:1996-03-28
- MICROORGANISMS AS THERAPEUTIC DELIVERY SYSTEMSPatent Number: WO9611277-A1; Date:1996-04-18