Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: IL-1beta
Description: interleukin 1 beta
Alias: IL-1, IL1-BETA, IL1F2, interleukin-1 beta, IL-1 beta, catabolin, preinterleukin 1 beta, pro-interleukin-1-beta
Publications345 found, 100 shown here
- The inflammasome: a molecular platform triggering activation of inflammatory caspases and processing of proIL-betaFabio Martinon
Institute of Biochemistry, University of Lausanne, BIL Biomedical Research Center, Chemin des Boveresses 155, CH 1066 Epalinges, Switzerland
Mol Cell 10:417-26. 2002..Thus, the inflammasome constitutes an important arm of the innate immunity...
- ATP is released by monocytes stimulated with pathogen-sensing receptor ligands and induces IL-1beta and IL-18 secretion in an autocrine wayAlessandra Piccini
Cell Biology Unit, National Cancer Research Institute, Largo Rosanna Benzi 10, 16132 Genoa, Italy
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 105:8067-72. 2008..Thus, stimuli acting on different pathogen-sensing receptors converge on a common pathway where ATP externalization is the first step in the cascade of events leading to inflammasome activation and IL-1beta and IL-18 secretion...
- Associations of depression with C-reactive protein, IL-1, and IL-6: a meta-analysisM Bryant Howren
Department of Psychology, The University of Iowa, 11 Seashore Hall East, Iowa City, IA 52242, USA
Psychosom Med 71:171-86. 2009..To assess the magnitude and direction of associations of depression with C-reactive protein (CRP), interleukin (IL)-1, and IL-6 in community and clinical samples...
- Altered redox state of monocytes from cryopyrin-associated periodic syndromes causes accelerated IL-1beta secretionSara Tassi
Cell Biology Unit, National Cancer Research Institute, 16132 Genoa, Italy
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 107:9789-94. 2010....
- Interleukin-1 polymorphisms associated with increased risk of gastric cancerE M El-Omar
Division of Cancer Epidemiology and Genetics, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, Maryland, USA
Nature 404:398-402. 2000..Host genetic factors that affect interleukin-1-beta may determine why some individuals infected with H. pylori develop gastric cancer while others do not...
- Inflammatory cytokines and the risk to develop type 2 diabetes: results of the prospective population-based European Prospective Investigation into Cancer and Nutrition (EPIC)-Potsdam StudyJoachim Spranger
Department of Endocrinology, Diabetes and Nutrition, Benjamin Franklin Medical Center, Free University Berlin, Berlin, Germany
Diabetes 52:812-7. 2003..These data strongly support the hypothesis that a subclinical inflammatory reaction has a role in the pathogenesis of type 2 diabetes...
- Interleukin-1 in the genesis and progression of and risk for development of neuronal degeneration in Alzheimer's diseaseW Sue T Griffin
Department of Geriatrics, Medicine, and Psychiatry, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Little Rock, USA
J Leukoc Biol 72:233-8. 2002..Moreover, this increased risk is associated with earlier age of onset of the disease. Homozygosity for this polymorphism in combination with another in the IL-1B gene further increases risk...
- Vascular endothelial growth factor is upregulated by interleukin-1 beta in human vascular smooth muscle cells via the P38 mitogen-activated protein kinase pathwayY D Jung
Department of Cancer Biology, University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, 1515 Holcombe Boulevard, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Angiogenesis 4:155-62. 2001..These data demonstrate that IL-1 beta may induce VEGF in hVSMCs, and suggest that this paracrine signaling pathway, may prevent, in part, apoptosis of ECs...
- TRAF6 autoubiquitination-independent activation of the NFkappaB and MAPK pathways in response to IL-1 and RANKLMatthew C Walsh
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
PLoS ONE 3:e4064. 2008..Collectively, our results suggest that while TRAF6 autoubiquitination may serve as a marker of activation, it is unlikely to underpin RING finger-dependent TRAF6 function...
- Phospholipases C and A2 control lysosome-mediated IL-1 beta secretion: Implications for inflammatory processesCristina Andrei
Cell Transport Unit, Department of Oncogenesis, National Cancer Research Institute, 16132 Genoa, Italy
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 101:9745-50. 2004..This activation is ultimately responsible for lysosome exocytosis and IL-1 beta secretion...
- Pattern of interleukin-1beta secretion in response to lipopolysaccharide and ATP before and after interleukin-1 blockade in patients with CIAS1 mutationsMarco Gattorno
Second Division of Pediatrics, IRCCS, Istituto G Gaslini, Genoa, Italy
Arthritis Rheum 56:3138-48. 2007....
- Gene polymorphisms in the NALP3 inflammasome are associated with interleukin-1 production and severe inflammation: relation to common inflammatory diseases?Deepti Verma
Linkoping University, Linkoping, Sweden
Arthritis Rheum 58:888-94. 2008..We undertook this study to determine whether a patient with arthritis and antibiotic-resistant fever carried mutations in the genes encoding the NALP3 inflammasome...
- Convergence of IL-1beta and VDR activation pathways in human TLR2/1-induced antimicrobial responsesPhilip T Liu
Division of Dermatology, Department of Medicine, David Geffen School of Medicine at University of California Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California, United States of America
PLoS ONE 4:e5810. 2009..Therefore, these data identify a novel mechanism of host defense requiring the induction of IL-1beta in synergy with vitamin D activation, for the TLR-induced antimicrobial pathway against an intracellular pathogen...
- Role of IL-1beta in type 2 diabetesCharles A Dinarello
Department of Medicine, University of Colorado, Aurora, Colorado 80045, USA
Curr Opin Endocrinol Diabetes Obes 17:314-21. 2010..To understand the role of inflammation as the fundamental cause of type 2 diabetes and specifically to examine the contribution of IL-1beta...
- Differential binding of proteins to the IL1B -31 T/C polymorphism in lung epithelial cellsHelge Lind
Section for Toxicology, Department of Chemical and Biological Working Environment, National Institute of Occupational Health, Oslo, Norway
Cytokine 38:43-8. 2007..Due to the high frequency of this SNP, differences in IL1B gene expression caused by the variants may have significant biological impact in the population...
- Proinflammatory cytokine single nucleotide polymorphisms in nasal polyposisSelim S Erbek
Department of Otolaryngology, Faculty of Medicine, Baskent University Konya Teaching and Research Center, Saray Caddesi No 1, Selcuklu Konya, Ankara, Turkey
Arch Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 133:705-9. 2007....
- A functional interleukin-1 receptor antagonist polymorphism influences atherosclerosis development. The interleukin-1beta:interleukin-1 receptor antagonist balance in atherosclerosisPeder S Olofsson
Center for Molecular Medicine, Department of Medicine, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
Circ J 73:1531-6. 2009..Knowledge of protein levels in atherosclerosis and the influence of a functional IL-1Ra polymorphism would increase the understanding of atherosclerosis pathogenesis...
- Distinct roles for Nod2 protein and autocrine interleukin-1beta in muramyl dipeptide-induced mitogen-activated protein kinase activation and cytokine secretion in human macrophagesMatija Hedl
Department of Internal Medicine, Yale University, New Haven, Connecticut 06510, USA
J Biol Chem 286:26440-9. 2011..Our findings clarify mechanisms of IL-1β contributions to Nod2 responses and elucidate the dominant role of IL-1β in MDP-initiated MAPK and cytokine secretion...
- Interleukin-1beta induces MUC2 and MUC5AC synthesis through cyclooxygenase-2 in NCI-H292 cellsYong Dae Kim
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, College of Medicine, Yeungnam University, Nam Gu, Daegu, South Korea
Mol Pharmacol 62:1112-8. 2002..These results indicate that in human pulmonary epithelial cells, IL-1beta activates ERK or p38 to induce COX-2 production, which in turn induces MUC2 and MUC5AC production...
- Phosphorylation and acetylation of histone H3 and autoregulation by early growth response 1 mediate interleukin 1beta induction of early growth response 1 transcriptionBo Wang
Centre for Vascular Research, University of New South Wales, Sydney NSW 2052, Australia
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 30:536-45. 2010..EGR-1 autoregulation, and histone modification in the EGR-1 promoter, represent key mechanisms in EGR-1 control, but have not been explored...
- Interleukin-1 receptor phosphorylation activates Rho kinase to disrupt human gastric tight junctional claudin-4 during Helicobacter pylori infectionTamia K Lapointe
Department of Biological Sciences and Inflammation Research Network, University of Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Cell Microbiol 12:692-703. 2010..pylori disrupts gastric epithelial barrier structure via IL-1RI-dependent activation of ROCK, which in turn mediates tight junctional claudin-4 disruption...
- Varicella-zoster virus infection triggers formation of an interleukin-1β (IL-1β)-processing inflammasome complexAdel M Nour
Department of Pediatrics, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, California 94305, USA
J Biol Chem 286:17921-33. 2011..We conclude that NLRP3 inflammasome formation is an innate cellular response to infection with this common pathogenic human herpesvirus...
- RNA-binding protein HuR interacts with thrombomodulin 5'untranslated region and represses internal ribosome entry site-mediated translation under IL-1 beta treatmentChiu Hung Yeh
Department of Pharmacology, College of Medicine, National Cheng Kung University, Tainan 701, Taiwan
Mol Biol Cell 19:3812-22. 2008..In summary, HuR plays an important role in suppression of TM protein synthesis in IL-1beta treatment and sepsis...
- Interleukin 1B and interleukin 1RN polymorphisms are associated with increased risk of gastric carcinomaJ C Machado
Institute of Molecular Pathology and Immunology, University of Porto, Porto, Portugal
Gastroenterology 121:823-9. 2001....
- The rate of interleukin-1beta secretion in different myeloid cells varies with the extent of redox response to Toll-like receptor triggeringSonia Carta
Cell Biology Unit, National Cancer Research Institute, 16132 Genova, Italy
J Biol Chem 286:27069-80. 2011..Inflammasome activation by bacterial DNA is not modulated by redox responses, suggesting that redox-dependent regulation of IL-1β secretion is restricted to some inflammasomes including NLRP3 but excluding AIM-2...
- Binding of human immunodeficiency virus type 1 to CD4 and CXCR4 receptors differentially regulates expression of inflammatory genes and activates the MEK/ERK signaling pathwayW Popik
Oncology Center, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21231, USA
J Virol 72:6406-13. 1998....
- Heat shock factor 1 represses transcription of the IL-1beta gene through physical interaction with the nuclear factor of interleukin 6Yue Xie
Department of Radiation Oncology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Harvard Medical School, Beth Israel and Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Biol Chem 277:11802-10. 2002..Interaction between HSF1 and NF-IL6 could thus be an important mechanism in HSF1 regulation of general gene transcription during endotoxin stress...
- Interleukins-1, -4, -6, -10, tumor necrosis factor, transforming growth factor-beta, FAS, and mannose-binding protein C gene polymorphisms in Australian women: Risk of preterm birthMargaret F Annells
Department of Microbiology and Infectious Diseases, Women s and Children s Hospital, North Adelaide, South Australia
Am J Obstet Gynecol 191:2056-67. 2004..The purpose of this study was to examine the relationship between preterm birth and 22 single nucleotide polymorphisms in genes that encode cytokines and mediators of apoptosis and host defense...
- Constitutively active inflammasome in human melanoma cells mediating autoinflammation via caspase-1 processing and secretion of interleukin-1betaMiyako Okamoto
Department of Dermatology, University of Colorado Denver, Aurora, Colorado 80045, USA
J Biol Chem 285:6477-88. 2010....
- Polymorphisms in genes involved in the inflammatory response and interaction with NSAID use or smoking in relation to lung cancer risk in a prospective studyUlla Vogel
National Research Centre for the Working Environment, DK 2100 Copenhagen O, Denmark
Mutat Res 639:89-100. 2008..p for interaction was 3 x 10(-6) for COX-2 A-1195G and 9 x 10(-5) for PPARgamma2 Pro(12)Ala. The results suggest that NSAID use may modify risk of lung cancer differently depending on the genotype...
- Stimulation of Toll-like receptor 3 and 4 induces interleukin-1beta maturation by caspase-8Jonathan Maelfait
Unit of Molecular Signal Transduction in Inflammation, Department for Molecular Biomedical Research, VIB, B 9052 Ghent, Belgium
J Exp Med 205:1967-73. 2008..These results implicate a novel role for caspase-8 in the production of biologically active IL-1beta in response to TLR3 and TLR4 stimulation...
- Involvement of interleukin-1 genotypes in the association of coronary heart disease with periodontitisKaren Geismar
Department of Periodontology, Dental School, University of Copenhagen, Copenhagen, Denmark
J Periodontol 79:2322-30. 2008..The coexistence of the two disease entities could be dependent on mutual risk factors, and polymorphism of the interleukin (IL)-1 gene cluster associated with the severity of PE might also be involved in the pathogenesis of CHD...
- Analysis of IL1B, TAP1, TAP2 and IKBL polymorphisms on susceptibility to tuberculosisL M Gomez
Cellular Biology and Immunogenetics Unit, Corporacion para Investigaciones Biologicas, CIB, Medellin, Colombia
Tissue Antigens 67:290-6. 2006..These results indicate that a functional polymorphism in the IL1B gene influences the susceptibility to TB and suggest a role for IL-1beta in the pathogenesis of mycobacterial infection...
- The concomitant presence of polymorphic alleles of interleukin-1beta, interleukin-6 and apolipoprotein E is associated with an increased risk of myocardial infarction in elderly men. Results from a pilot studyFederico Licastro
Department of Experimental Pathology, Via S Giacomo 14, 40126 Bologna, Italy
Mech Ageing Dev 125:575-9. 2004..The administration of anti-inflammatory compounds to middle age healthy subjects with increased genetic susceptibility of developing MI might decrease the incidence and prevalence of cardiovascular events in aging...
- Association of interleukin-1B (IL-1B) gene polymorphisms with risk of gastric cancer in Chinese populationWei hua Zhang
School of Life Science, Lanzhou University, Lanzhou, Gansu, China Department of Gastroenterology, The Gansu Provincial Cancer Hospital, Lanzhou, Gansu, China
Cytokine 30:378-81. 2005..The results of this study did not support the report that IL-1RN*2+ genotypes were associated with increased risk of GC in Chinese population...
- The role of the composite interleukin-1 genotype in the association between periodontitis and acute myocardial infarctionJamal M Stein
Department of Operative Dentistry and Periodontology, University Hospital Aachen, Aachen, Germany
J Periodontol 80:1095-102. 2009..The aim of this study was to evaluate the impact of the composite IL-1 genotype (allele 2 at IL-1A -889 and IL-1B +3954) in the association between acute myocardial infarction (AMI) and periodontitis...
- Interleukin-1 beta and interleukin-6 gene polymorphism associations with angiographically assessed coronary artery disease in BraziliansDomingos L S Rios
Departamento de Ciências da Vida, Universidade do Estado da Bahia UNEB, Campus I, Rua SilveiraMartins, n 2555, ZIP code 41 195 001, Salvador, BA, Brazil
Cytokine 50:292-6. 2010..This report shows that the IL-1B-511C>T and IL-6-174G>C polymorphisms were associated with CAD risk in African-Brazilians and no association was detected among Caucasian-Brazilians...
- Cortical cell death induced by IL-1 is mediated via actions in the hypothalamus of the ratS M Allan
School of Biological Sciences, 1 124 Stopford Building, University of Manchester, Oxford Road, Manchester, M13 9PT, United Kingdom
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 97:5580-5. 2000....
- Variation within genes encoding interleukin-1 and the interleukin-1 receptor antagonist influence the severity of meningococcal diseaseRobert C Read
Division of Genomic Medicine, University of Sheffield Medical School, Beech Hill Road, Sheffield S10 2RX, United Kingdom
Ann Intern Med 138:534-41. 2003..Genetically determined variation in proinflammatory cytokine release influences severity of meningococcal disease and other serious infections...
- HIV-1 gp120 stimulates proinflammatory cytokine-mediated pain facilitation via activation of nitric oxide synthase-I (nNOS)Adelina Holguin
Department of Psychology and the Center for Neuroscience, University of Colorado at Boulder, Boulder, CO 80309, USA
Pain 110:517-30. 2004..Furthermore, gp120 increases mRNA for IL1 converting enzyme and matrix metalloproteinase-9, enzymes responsible for activation and release of proinflammatory cytokines...
- Extracellular human thioredoxin-1 inhibits lipopolysaccharide-induced interleukin-1beta expression in human monocyte-derived macrophagesLudivine Billiet
U 545 INSERM, Institut Pasteur de Lille and Université Lille 2, 59019 Lille, France
J Biol Chem 280:40310-8. 2005..Taken together, these data indicated a potential new mechanism through which extracellular rhTrx-1 exerts an anti-inflammatory function in HMDM...
- Alterations of the CD4(+), CD8 (+) T cell subsets, interleukins-1beta, IL-10, IL-17, tumor necrosis factor-alpha and soluble intercellular adhesion molecule-1 in rheumatoid arthritis and osteoarthritis: preliminary observationsMahmoud R Hussein
Pathology Department, Faculty of Medicine, Assuit University and Assir Central Hospitals, Assuit, Egypt
Pathol Oncol Res 14:321-8. 2008..To conclude, the development of rheumatoid arthritis and osteoarthritis is associated with alteration of the levels of some cytokines. The assessment of these immunologic changes may have potential prognostic roles...
- IL1 gene cluster polymorphisms and its haplotypes may predict the risk to develop invasive pulmonary aspergillosis and modulate C-reactive protein levelJ Sainz
Unidad de Investigacion, Hospital Universitario Virgen de las Nieves, Granada, Spain
J Clin Immunol 28:473-85. 2008..The aim of this study was to determine whether interleukin-1 alpha (IL1alpha), interleukin-1 beta (IL1beta), and IL1 receptor antagonist (IL1Ra) polymorphisms are implicated in invasive pulmonary aspergillosis (IPA) pathogenesis...
- Interleukin (IL) 1beta induction of IL-6 is mediated by a novel phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase-dependent AKT/IkappaB kinase alpha pathway targeting activator protein-1Catherine M Cahill
Neurochemistry Laboratory, Department of Psychiatry Neuroscience and Genetics and Aging Research Unit, Massachusetts General Hospital East, Charlestown, Massachusetts 02129, USA
J Biol Chem 283:25900-12. 2008..This novel pathway is a parallel pathway to the PI 3-kinase/AKT upstream of NFkappaB and both are involved in IL-6 gene transcription in response to IL-1...
- Regulation of epithelial-mesenchymal IL-1 signaling by PPARbeta/delta is essential for skin homeostasis and wound healingHan Chung Chong
School of Biological Sciences, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore 637551
J Cell Biol 184:817-31. 2009..Given the ubiquitous expression of PPARbeta/delta, other epithelial-mesenchymal interactions may also be regulated in a similar manner...
- Graves' ophthalmopathy and gene polymorphisms in interleukin-1alpha, interleukin-1beta, interleukin-1 receptor and interleukin-1 receptor antagonistOmid Khalilzadeh
Endocrinology and Metabolism Research Center, Vali Asr Hospital, Tehran, Iran
Clin Exp Ophthalmol 37:614-9. 2009..This study aimed to investigate the association of GO with single-nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) in the IL-1 family (IL-1alpha, IL-1beta, IL-1 receptor [IL-1R] and IL-1 receptor antagonist [IL-1RA])...
- Lysine 63-linked polyubiquitination of TAK1 at lysine 158 is required for tumor necrosis factor alpha- and interleukin-1beta-induced IKK/NF-kappaB and JNK/AP-1 activationYihui Fan
Laboratory of Medical Genetics, Harbin Medical University, Harbin 150081, China
J Biol Chem 285:5347-60. 2010....
- Tyrosine hydroxylase, interleukin-1beta and tumor necrosis factor-alpha are overexpressed in peripheral blood mononuclear cells from schizophrenia patients as determined by semi-quantitative analysisLiang Liu
Wuxi Mental Health Center, Nanjing Medical University, Wuxi, China
Psychiatry Res 176:1-7. 2010..IL-1beta and TNF-alpha may influence the symptoms of schizophrenia in the cognition dysfunction and anxiety/depression domains of the PANSS...
- Regulation of interleukin-1beta by interferon-gamma is species specific, limited by suppressor of cytokine signalling 1 and influences interleukin-17 productionSeth L Masters
Immunology Research Centre, School of Biochemistry and Immunology, Trinity College Dublin, Dublin, Ireland
EMBO Rep 11:640-6. 2010..In mice, IFNgamma decreased IL-1beta and subsequently IL-17, indicating that the adaptive immune response can provide a systemic, but transient, signal to limit inflammation...
- Interleukin-1B and interleukin-1 receptor antagonist gene polymorphisms are not associated with premalignant gastric conditions: a combined haplotype analysisLimas Kupcinskas
Department of Gastroenterology, Kaunas University of Medicine, Kaunas, Lithuania
Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol 22:1189-95. 2010..Here, IL1B and IL1RN polymorphisms were analyzed as genotypes and haplotypes in relation to the presence of atrophic gastritis (AG) and intestinal metaplasia in the stomach...
- Ras regulates interleukin-1β-induced HIF-1α transcriptional activity in glioblastomaVivek Sharma
National Brain Research Centre, Manesar, Haryana, 122 050, India
J Mol Med (Berl) 89:123-36. 2011....
- IL-1beta-induced increase in intestinal epithelial tight junction permeability is mediated by MEKK-1 activation of canonical NF-kappaB pathwayRana Al-Sadi
Department of Internal Medicine, MSC10 5550, University of New Mexico School of Medicine, Albuquerque Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Albuquerque, NM 87131 0001, USA
Am J Pathol 177:2310-22. 2010..In conclusion, our data show for the first time that MEKK-1 plays an integral role in IL-1β modulation of Caco-2 TJ barrier function by regulating the activation of the canonical NF-κB pathway and the MLCK gene...
- Expression of lumican and fibromodulin following interleukin-1 beta stimulation of disc cells of the human temporomandibular jointN Kiga
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Wakayama Medical University, Japan
Eur J Histochem 55:e11. 2011..05). These results indicate that lumican and fibromodulin display different behaviors and that lumican may promote regeneration of the TMJ after degeneration and deformation induced by IL-1 β...
- Role of the pro-inflammatory cytokines tumor necrosis factor-alpha, interleukin-1 beta, interleukin-6 and interleukin-8 in the pathogenesis of the otitis media with effusionMarina G Smirnova
Department of Physiological Sciences, University of Newcastle, Medical School, Framlington Place, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE2 4HH, UK
Eur Cytokine Netw 13:161-72. 2002..In this article, we aim to present an overview of current research developments in the pro-inflammatory cytokine involvement in the aetiology of otitis media with effusion...
- Polymorphisms in interleukin-1beta and interleukin-1 receptor antagonist genes and malaria in Ghanaian childrenB Gyan
Noguchi Memorial Institute for Medical Research, University of Ghana, Legon, Ghana
Scand J Immunol 56:619-22. 2002..01). The mean parasitaemia in an age-matched asymptomatic group did not reveal such associations. These data suggest that IL-1beta exon 5 allele 2 may play a possible role in the clinical outcome of uncomplicated malaria...
- Cytokine Genes TNF, IL1A, IL1B, IL6, IL1RN and IL10, and childhood-onset mood disordersV L Misener
Toronto Western Research Institute, University Health Network, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Neuropsychobiology 58:71-80. 2008..Here, we have tested 6 key genes of this type, TNF, IL1A, IL1B, IL6, IL1RN and IL10, as candidates for involvement in childhood-onset mood disorders...
- Modic changes and interleukin 1 gene locus polymorphisms in occupational cohort of middle-aged menJaro Karppinen
Finnish Institute of Occupational Health, Helsinki, Finland
Eur Spine J 18:1963-70. 2009..This observation is in accordance with the previous finding from a different geographical area, and thus confirms the importance of the IL1A gene in the pathophysiology of Modic changes...
- Rab39a binds caspase-1 and is required for caspase-1-dependent interleukin-1beta secretionChristine E Becker
School of Biochemistry and Immunology, Trinity College, Dublin 2, Ireland
J Biol Chem 284:34531-7. 2009..Altogether, our findings show that Rab39a interacts with caspase-1 and suggest that Rab39a functions as a trafficking adaptor linking caspase-1 to IL-1beta secretion...
- The interleukin 1 beta (IL1B) gene is associated with failure to achieve remission and impaired emotion processing in major depressionBernhard T Baune
Department of Psychiatry and Psychiatric Neuroscience, James Cook University, Queensland, Australia
Biol Psychiatry 67:543-9. 2010..This study investigated the association between genetic variants of the interleukin 1 beta (IL1B) gene and amygdala and ACC responsiveness to emotional stimuli and response to antidepressant treatment...
- Three polymorphisms in interleukin-1β gene and risk for breast cancer: a meta-analysisXiaoan Liu
Department of Breast Surgery, The First Affiliated Hospital of Nanjing Medical University, Nanjing, 210029, China
Breast Cancer Res Treat 124:821-5. 2010..49 for heterogeneity). For rs16944 (C > T) and rs1143634 (C > T), no significant associations were found in all genetic models. In conclusion, the present meta-analysis suggests that rs1143627 is associated with breast cancer risk...
- Two novel IL-1 family members, IL-1 delta and IL-1 epsilon, function as an antagonist and agonist of NF-kappa B activation through the orphan IL-1 receptor-related protein 2R Debets
DNAX Research Institute of Molecular and Cellular Biology, 901 California Avenue, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA
J Immunol 167:1440-6. 2001....
- Interleukin-1 gene cluster polymorphisms in sarcoidosis and idiopathic pulmonary fibrosisBeata Hutyrova
Departments of Immunology, Biology, and Respiratory Medicine, Palacky University, Olomouc, Czech Republic
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 165:148-51. 2002..Further population studies are warranted to confirm the observed association between sarcoidosis and the IL-1alpha polymorphism and also to explore mechanisms of IL-1alpha -889 participation in aberrant immune response in sarcoidosis...
- De novo CIAS1 mutations, cytokine activation, and evidence for genetic heterogeneity in patients with neonatal-onset multisystem inflammatory disease (NOMID): a new member of the expanding family of pyrin-associated autoinflammatory diseasesIvona Aksentijevich
National Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases, NIH, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Arthritis Rheum 46:3340-8. 2002....
- Interleukin-1 gene polymorphisms and gastric cancer risk in a high-risk Italian populationD Palli
Molecular and Nutritional Epidemiology Unit, Cancer Research and Prevention Center CSPO, Scientific Institute of Tuscany, Florence, Italy
Am J Gastroenterol 100:1941-8. 2005..The aim of the study was to investigate the relationship between selected IL1 loci polymorphisms and gastric cancer risk in an Italian population...
- Activation of the IkappaB kinase complex by TRAF6 requires a dimeric ubiquitin-conjugating enzyme complex and a unique polyubiquitin chainL Deng
Department of Molecular Biology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas 75390, USA
Cell 103:351-61. 2000..These results unveil a new regulatory function for ubiquitin, in which IKK is activated through the assembly of K63-linked polyubiquitin chains...
- Secretion of interleukin-1beta by astrocytes mediates endothelin-1 and tumour necrosis factor-alpha effects on human brain microvascular endothelial cell permeabilityNathalie Didier
Commissariat a l Energie Atomique CEA, Service de Pharmacologie et d Immunologie, Saclay, France
J Neurochem 86:246-54. 2003..Taken together, these results provide evidence for paracrine actions involving ET-1, TNF-alpha and IL-1beta between human astrocytes and BMVECs, which may play a central role in BBB breakdown during CNS inflammation...
- Immunomodulatory effects of probiotic bacteria DNA: IL-1 and IL-10 response in human peripheral blood mononuclear cellsKaren Manon Lammers
Department of Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology, University of Bologna, Policlinic S Orsola, Via Massarenti 9, 40138 Bologna, Italy
FEMS Immunol Med Microbiol 38:165-72. 2003..Total bacterial DNA from feces collected after probiotic administration modulated the immune response by a decrease of interleukin-1 beta and an increase of interleukin-10...
- Polymorphisms of the interleukin-1beta gene affect the risk of myocardial infarction and ischemic stroke at young age and the response of mononuclear cells to stimulation in vitroL Iacoviello
Center for High Technology Research and Education in Biomedical Sciences, Catholic University, Campobasso, Italy
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 25:222-7. 2005..To investigate the role of interleukin-1beta (IL-1beta) gene polymorphisms as a link between inflammation, coagulation, and risk of ischemic vascular disease at young age...
- Topological frustration and the folding of interleukin-1 betaShachi Gosavi
Center for Theoretical Biological Physics, University of California San Diego, 9500 Gilman Drive, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
J Mol Biol 357:986-96. 2006..Complex folds like the beta-trefoil fold and functional loops like the beta-bulge of IL-1beta can make some of the configuration space unavailable to the protein and cause topological frustration...
- Dose-dependent cross-talk between the transforming growth factor-beta and interleukin-1 signaling pathwaysTao Lu
Department of Molecular Genetics, Lerner Research Institute, and Brain Tumor Institute, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, 9500 Euclid Avenue, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 104:4365-70. 2007....
- A new nomenclature for IL-1-family genesJ E Sims
Trends Immunol 22:536-7. 2001
- Allelic variation at the interleukin 1beta gene is associated with decreased bone mass in patients with inflammatory bowel diseasesA Nemetz
2nd Department of Medicine, Semmelweis University, Budapest, Hungary
Gut 49:644-9. 2001..Both cytokines influence bone formation. IL-1beta stimulates osteoclast activity while interleukin 1 receptor antagonist (IL-1ra) enhances bone formation...
- Genetic differences in interleukin-1 betapolymorphisms among four Asian populations: an analysis of the Asian paradox between H. pylori infection and gastric cancer incidenceN Matsukura
First Dept of Surgery, Nippon Medical School, Tokyo, Japan
J Exp Clin Cancer Res 22:47-55. 2003..IL-1betapolymorphisms were correlated with mucosal atrophy in the Japanese and Chinese populations, but not in the Thai and Vietnamese populations...
- A proinflammatory genetic profile increases the risk for chronic atrophic gastritis and gastric carcinomaJose Carlos Machado
Institute of Molecular Pathology and Immunology of the University of Porto, Rua Dr Roberto Frias, S N, 4200 465 Porto, Portugal
Gastroenterology 125:364-71. 2003..We also investigated the extent to which the combined effect of proinflammatory genetic polymorphisms (IL-1B, IL-1RN, and TNF-alpha), and the combined effect of TNF-alpha and bacterial genotypes each influence such a risk...
- HIV-1 and IL-1 beta regulate Fas ligand expression in human astrocytes through the NF-kappa B pathwayA Ghorpade
Department of Pathology and Microbiology, University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, NE 68198 5215, USA
J Neuroimmunol 141:141-9. 2003..001) and seronegative individuals (p<0.01). We propose that astrocyte expression of FasL may participate in neuronal injury in HAD...
- The role of cytokine gene polymorphisms in colorectal cancer and their interaction with aspirin use in the northeast of ScotlandMairi Macarthur
Department of Medicine and Therapeutics, Institute of Medical Sciences, Foresterhill, Aberdeen AB25 2ZD, United Kingdom
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 14:1613-8. 2005..These results suggest that host genetics may play a role in predicting response to chemopreventive strategies. Confirmation of these findings in other populations is required...
- Interleukin-1beta and interleukin-1 receptor antagonist gene polymorphisms and gastric cancer: a meta-analysisM Constanza Camargo
Division of Gastroenterology, Hepatology, and Nutrition, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, 2215 Garland Avenue, 1005 MRB IV, Nashville, TN 37232 0252, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 15:1674-87. 2006..Polymorphisms of interleukin-1B (IL1B) and its receptor antagonist (IL1RN) genes have been inconsistently associated with gastric cancer risk. We examined these associations by performing meta-analyses...
- High mobility group box 1 potentiates the pro-inflammatory effects of interleukin-1β in osteoarthritic synoviocytesIsabel García-Arnandis
Department of Pharmacology, University of Valencia, Valencia, Spain
Arthritis Res Ther 12:R165. 2010..We have recently reported that HMGB1 is released by osteoarthritic synoviocytes after activation with interleukin-1beta (IL-1β) The present study investigated the role of HMGB1 in synovial inflammation in osteoarthritis (OA)...
- Association between interleukin 1 polymorphisms and rheumatoid arthritis susceptibility: a metaanalysisYoung Ho Lee
Division of Rheumatology, Department of Internal Medicine, Korea University Anam Hospital, Korea University College of Medicine, 126 1 ga, Anam Dong, Seongbuk gu, Seoul, 136 705, Korea
J Rheumatol 36:12-5. 2009..To determine whether interleukin 1 (IL-1) polymorphisms confer susceptibility to rheumatoid arthritis (RA)...
- Interleukin (IL)-1 promotes allogeneic T cell intimal infiltration and IL-17 production in a model of human artery rejectionDeepak A Rao
Department of Immunobiology, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06510, USA
J Exp Med 205:3145-58. 2008....
- Chylomicron remnants stimulate release of interleukin-1beta by THP-1 cellsTakahiro Okumura
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Coronary Heart Disease, Hyogo College of Medicine, Nishinomiya, Japan
J Atheroscler Thromb 13:38-45. 2006..In conclusion, chylomicron remnants stimulated IL-1beta mRNA expression and IL-1beta protein production probably via caspase-1 and NF-kappaB activation in THP-1 cells...
- A high interleukin 1 receptor antagonist/IL-1beta ratio occurs naturally in knee osteoarthritisPascal Richette
Universite Paris 7, UFR médicale, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Paris, France
J Rheumatol 35:1650-4. 2008....
- IL1B promoter polymorphism regulates the expression of gastric acid stimulating hormone gastrinMeenakshi Chakravorty
Molecular and Human Genetics Division, Indian Institute of Chemical Biology, Raja S C Mullick Road, Kolkata, India
Int J Biochem Cell Biol 41:1502-10. 2009..Thus, this study showed that a single base substitution at the -31 position of the IL1B promoter brought about differential expression of IL1B which differentially altered both NFkappaB activation and gastrin expression...
- Clinical relevance of IL-1beta promoter polymorphisms (-1470, -511, and -31) in patients with major traumaAi qing Wen
State Key Laboratory of Trauma, Burns and Combined Injury, Institute of Surgery Research, Daping Hospital, Third Military Medical University, Chongqing, P R China
Shock 33:576-82. 2010..It may be possible to use these polymorphisms as relevant risk estimates for sepsis in trauma patients...
- TNF-alpha, IL-6, and IL-1 expression is inhibited by GAS6 in monocytes/macrophagesFederica Alciato
Clinical Immunology, Department of Clinical and Experimental Medicine, Universita del Piemonte Orientale A Avogadro, Novara, Italy
J Leukoc Biol 87:869-75. 2010..Therefore, GAS6 modulates macrophage cytokine secretion, triggering an "anti-inflammatory pathway" involving PI3K/Akt/GSK3 beta and NF-kappaB...
- Lack of association between pro-inflammatory genotypes of the interleukin-1 (IL-1B -31 C/+ and IL-1RN *2/*2) and gastric cancer/duodenal ulcer in Korean populationSeong Gene Lee
Asan Institute for Life Sciences, University of Ulsan College of Medicine, 388 1 Poongnap dong, Songpa Gu, Seoul 138 736, South Korea
Cytokine 21:167-71. 2003..The lack of association with duodenal ulcer also suggested that the polymorphisms were not directly related to the acid-secreting capability...
- In-vitro secretion of proinflammatory cytokines by human amniochorion carrying hyper-responsive gene polymorphisms of tumour necrosis factor-alpha and interleukin-1betaC Hernandez-Guerrero
Department of Ultrastructure, Instituto Nacional de Perinatologia, Lomas de Virreyes, Mexico City, Mexico
Mol Hum Reprod 9:625-9. 2003....
- Novel interleukin 1beta polymorphism increased the risk of gastric cancer in a Korean populationKyung A Lee
Department of Clinical Pathology, Samsung Medical Center, Sungkyunkwan University, School of Medicine, 50 Ilwon Dong, Kangnam Ku, Seoul 135 710, South Korea
J Gastroenterol 39:429-33. 2004..Therefore, we assessed an additional polymorphism in the promoter region of IL-1B at position-1473 with the IL-1B-511/-31 polymorphisms in a Korean population...
- Polymorphisms in inflammation-related genes and risk of gastric cancer (Finland)Farin Kamangar
Division of Cancer Epidemiology and Genetics, US National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, MD 20892 7232, USA
Cancer Causes Control 17:117-25. 2006..Our results do not support the hypothesis that polymorphisms in genes involved in the inflammatory response confer differences in gastric cancer risk among different individuals...
- Genetic variation in pro-inflammatory cytokines (interleukin-1beta, interleukin-1alpha and interleukin-6) associated with the aggressive forms, survival, and relapse prediction of breast carcinomaKaouther Snoussi
Laboratoire d Immuno Oncologie Moleculaire, Faculte de medecine de Monastir, Universite de Monastir, 5019 Monastir, Tunisia
Eur Cytokine Netw 16:253-60. 2005..We designed a broad study to investigate the susceptibility and prognostic implications of the genetic variation in IL-1alpha, IL-1beta and IL-6 in breast carcinoma...
- Interleukin-1 modulation of human placental trophoblast proliferationAthip Nilkaeo
Department of Microbiology, Faculty of Science, Prince of Songkla University, Hat Yai, Songkla 90112, Thailand
Mediators Inflamm 2006:79359. 2006..These findings demonstrated that IL-1 regulates human trophoblast growth by induction of cell cycle delay and cell death...
- Interleukin-1B (-511) gene polymorphism is associated with acute coronary syndrome in the Turkish populationOzer Soylu
The Department of Cardiology, Dr Siyami Ersek Hospital, Istanbul, Turkey
Eur Cytokine Netw 19:42-8. 2008..The purpose of this study was to determine the relationship between IL-1 gene family polymorphisms (IL-1RN, IL-1B in positions -511 and +3953) and ACS in the Turkish population...
- IL-1 beta induces urokinase-plasminogen activator expression and cell migration through PKC alpha, JNK1/2, and NF-kappaB in A549 cellsChing Yi Cheng
Department of Pharmacology, Chang Gung University, Tao Yuan, Taiwan
J Cell Physiol 219:183-93. 2009....
- Interleukin-1 receptor antagonist gene VNTR polymorphism is associated with coronary artery diseaseAhmet Arman
Departamento de Cardiologia, Faculdade de Engenharia, Universidade Marmara, Istambul, Turquia
Arq Bras Cardiol 91:293-8. 2008..Atherosclerosis is an inflammatory disease. Cytokine gene variations such as those associated with the IL1 family are involved in the pathogenesis of atherosclerosis...
- Interleukin 1 gene cluster, myocardial infarction at young age and inflammatory response of human mononuclear cellsMaria Carmela Latella
John Paul II Center for High Technology Research and Education in Biomedical Sciences, Catholic University, Campobasso, Italy
Immunol Invest 38:203-19. 2009..No association was found between block "B" IL-1B haplotypes or IL-1A and IL-RA polymorphisms and risk of MI. IL-1B haplotypes influence the inflammatory response of human mononuclear cells to LPS and affect the risk of MI at young age...
- Lack of association between IL-1 and IL-6 gene polymorphisms and myocardial infarction in Turkish populationA Coker
The Faculty of Science and Letters, The Department of Molecular Biology and Genetics, Atakoy Campus, Istanbul Kultur University, Istanbul, Turkey
Int J Immunogenet 38:201-8. 2011..Thus, IL-1 and IL-6 single nucleotide polymorphisms may not be a risk factor for susceptibility to MI in Turkish population...
- Effect of TNF-α and IL-1β genetic variants on the development of myocardial infarction in Turkish populationUmit Zeybek
Institute for Experimental Medicine, Department of Molecular Medicine, Istanbul University, Capa, 34390 Istanbul, Turkey
Mol Biol Rep 38:5453-7. 2011Tumor necrosis factor-alpha (TNF-α) and interleukin 1 beta (IL-1β) genetic variants which resulting in TNF-α and IL-1 overproduction may increase susceptibility to autoimmune diseases such as atherosclerosis...
- Lack of association of interleukin-1 gene cluster polymorphisms with angiographically documented coronary artery disease: demonstration of association with hypertension in the Polish populationJarosław Goracy
Clinic of Cardiology, Pomeranian Medical University, Szczecin, Poland
Arch Med Res 42:426-32. 2011..multivessel disease, MVD) and hypertension...
- The associations between interleukin-1 polymorphisms and susceptibility to ankylosing spondylitis: a meta-analysisWu In Lea
Korea University College of Medicine, 26 1, Anam Dong 5 Ga, Seongbuk gu, Seoul 136 705, Korea
Joint Bone Spine 79:370-4. 2012..The aim of this study was to determine whether polymorphisms of interleukin-1 (IL-1) confer susceptibility to ankylosing spondylitis (AS)...
- Interleukin 1alpha, interleukin 1beta and interleukin 1 receptor gene polymorphisms in psoriatic arthritisJ S Ravindran
Royal National Hospital for Rheumatic Diseases, Bath, UK
Rheumatology (Oxford) 43:22-6. 2004..To investigate polymorphisms of interleukin (IL) 1alpha, IL-1beta and IL-1 receptor R1 genes in patients with psoriatic arthritis (PsA), their relationship to the age of onset of psoriasis and the pattern of joint involvement...
- Identification of alpha 2-macroglobulin as a cytokine binding plasma protein. Binding of interleukin-1 beta to "F" alpha 2-macroglobulinW Borth
Institute of Immunology, University of Vienna, Austria
J Biol Chem 264:5818-25. 1989....
- ROLE OF MACROPHAGE SIALOPHORIN (CD43) IN HIV DEFENSEEILEEN REMOLD O DONNELL; Fiscal Year: 1992..Finally, we will determine whether CD43 plays a role in the binding and uptake of HIV by monocyte...
- AIDS DEMENTIA--MOLECULAR AND CELLULAR MECHANISMSFloyd Bloom; Fiscal Year: 2000..In addition, these studies may illuminate other unexplained aspects of fundamental neuronal-glial-immune system interaction, the nature of brain resident microglia, and the basis for neuropsychiatric disorders of unknown origin. ..
- MOLECULAR BASIS FOR DRUG INDUCED CARDIOTOXICITY IN AIDSCRAIG CLARKSON; Fiscal Year: 2001....
- A MACROPHAGE PROTEIN IN COLON TUMORIGENESISAniruddha Ganguly; Fiscal Year: 2001..abstract_text> ..
- ACCESSORY CELL ACTIVATION OF THE IMMUNE RESPONSEPHILIP AURON; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Genetic susceptibility to gastric cancer in Latin AmericaEduardo M Tarazona-Santos; Fiscal Year: 2011..By performing the study in Lima and Rio de Janeiro, we address the key issue of replication of genetic association studies. ..
- Neural Plasticity and Inflammatory PainClifford J Woolf; Fiscal Year: 2010..that peripheral and central sensitization are both driven by the inflammatory mediators PGE2, bradykinin and IL1 beta. We propose that the transient receptor potential channel TRPA1 is a receptor-operated channel for PGE2, BK and ..
- Emilio B Gonzalez; Fiscal Year: 2014..These studies may help to devise new more specific and less harmful modalities than the anticoagulation or general immunosuppression currently used to treat and prevent thrombosis in patients with aPL Abs. ..
- Biobehavioral Genetics of CVD RiskIndrani Halder; Fiscal Year: 2010..The ROO phase will involve examining all genes for a comprehensive evaluation of the pathways (End of Abstract) ..
- Alcohol, Glial Gene Expression and the Heat Shock PathwayNeil L Harrison; Fiscal Year: 2010..Microglia are the immune component of the brain and eliminate foreign invaders. Alcohol may alter the activity of all three types of glial cell by changing gene expression, and in doing so may harm nerve cells. ..
- Melanie J Scott; Fiscal Year: 2016..Understanding these novel pathways of inflammatory activation and function in individual cell types and organs may help us find new ways to treat and prevent MOF in trauma patients in the future. ..
- Development of inlammasome inhibitors to be used as anti-inflammatory agentsShyam Biswal; Fiscal Year: 2013..Successful completion of the proposed study will yield novel compounds that inhibit the inflammasome in cell-based systems. ..
- Edith Porter; Fiscal Year: 2014..Last, not least, this research may lead to the discovery of novel virulence factors of pathogenic microbes that circumvent host defenses mediated by antimicrobial lipids in the respiratory tract and on other mucosal surfaces. ..
- ARIC ANDREW PRATHER; Fiscal Year: 2016....
- ENDOTHELIAL GB3 SPECIES INVOLVED IN HUS PATHOGENESISDAVID NEWBURG; Fiscal Year: 2003..The detailed description of the expression of these endothelial cell Stx receptors will potentially lead to development of precisely targeted therapies that can reduce Stx toxicity and these devastating effects of HUS/TTP. ..
- Genetic Control of IL-1 and its Role in Inflammatory ArthritisAlyssa K Johnsen; Fiscal Year: 2010..In addition, given the pleiotropic effects of IL-1 in inflammation, the results can be broadly applied to other disease states including other autoimmune conditions, infection, and cancer. ..
- CYTOKINE INDUCTION BY A 48 KD MYCOPLASMA GENE PRODUCTRobert Hall; Fiscal Year: 1999....
- H.pylori, genes and esophageal adenocarcinomaGeoffrey Liu; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- IL-4 Potentiates T Cell Death in Autoimmune ArthritisJian Zhang; Fiscal Year: 2006..studies indicate that IL-4 can promote AICD by down regulating expression of Fas-associated death domain-like IL1 beta-converting enzyme inhibitory protein (FLIP) and up regulating FasL expression, and these effects are achieved via ..
- Reactivation Tuberculosis in A/JChinnaswamy Jagannath; Fiscal Year: 2005..These studies are anticipated to enhance our understanding on putative mechanisms that precede the reactivation of tuberculosis in the lungs of mice and ultimately help us to develop better strategies to prevent tuberculosis in man. ..
- Omega-3 Fatty Acids Effect on Wound HealingJODI PELHAM; Fiscal Year: 2006..It is hypothesized that subjects receiving the EPA and DHA supplements will have significantly lower cytokine levels and a slower healing rate. ..
- Excess TGF beta in neonatal lung injury and repairDavid Warburton; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Interleukin-1 and Memory Loss in AgingCarmelina Gemma; Fiscal Year: 2006....
- CYTOKINE-TO-BRAIN COMMUNICATION--ROLE OF THE VAGUSLinda Watkins; Fiscal Year: 2002..Additionally, the released time will foster further professional growth by yielding coherent blocks of time for concentrating on research and review projects. ..
- Creatine: Is It a Body Builder for Cancer Patients?Aminah Jatoi; Fiscal Year: 2004..obtain longitudinal toxicity and quality of life data on this same cohort of 50 patients and will make direct comparisons between treatment arms on toxicity incidence and severity and on maximal quality of life scores ..
- Mechanisms and Therapeutics in Cancer Anorexia/CachexiaAminah Jatoi; Fiscal Year: 2004..This K23 grant application will serve as a springboard to allow her to delve into the pathophysiology of this syndrome and to develop into an independent clinical investigator. ..
- Neuropeptide Y for Cancer-Associated AnorexiaAminah Jatoi; Fiscal Year: 2003..These two pilot studies will allow us to lay the groundwork for such larger trials. Our ultimate goal is to help cancer patients who suffer from anorexia. ..
- Hyperhomocysteinemia in Alzheimer's DiseaseRamon Diaz Arrastia; Fiscal Year: 2003..Each of these specific aims is essential to rationally design a large multicenter trial to determine whether polyvitamin therapy lowers AD risk. ..
- Gene Polymorphism & Treatment-Symptoms in Lung CancerCielito Reyes Gibby; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Symptom Measurement and Interrelationships During Chemotherapy for Ovarian CancerHeather Jim; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Cannabinoid Mechanisms in Human Gastrointestinal Motor and Sensory FunctionsMICHAEL L CAMILLERI; Fiscal Year: 2010..These actions may be relevant to develop new treatments for IBS. The studies will also provide further understanding of the potential of medications like medical marijuana on stomach function that may be relevant to appetite control. ..
- Characterizing temporal dynamics of spontaneous painAPKAR APKARIAN; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Candidate genetic polymorphisms/ HIV-associated dementiaRamon Diaz Arrastia; Fiscal Year: 2002..These studies, is if successful, will provide genetic evidence for a role of specific inflammatory mediators in HAD, and may identify novel targets for therapeutic intervention. ..
- Role of Flip MacrophagesRichard Pope; Fiscal Year: 2007..These studies will provide insights into mechanisms that contribute to the pathogenesis of RA and potentially the development of new therapeutic strategies. ..
- Advanced Reproductive Age and Environmental HealthStephanie Engel; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- IN VIVO TREATMENT OF EAE WITH ANTI I-A ANTIBODIESLawrence Steinman; Fiscal Year: 2001..Aim 5 is to assess the possibility of using DNA vaccination against TCR Vb for treatment of EAE. It is hoped that these studies will provide the basis for future clinical trials in MS patients. ..
- PEPTIDE MEDIATED IMMUNOTHERAPY FOR AUTOIMMUNE DISEASELawrence Steinman; Fiscal Year: 2003..This work with APL may be applicable not only to MS, but to other autoimmune diseases including juvenile diabetes, rheumatoid arthritis, and inflammatory bowel disease. ..
- Neuronal transport of gp120Italo Mocchetti; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- PERINATAL ESTROGEN, OXIDATIVE DAMAGES & UTERINE LESIONSDeodutta Roy; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- Fine Needle Aspiration of Benign Vocal Fold LesionsSusan Thibeault; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Regulation of Prostaglandin E Synthases in ParturitionWilliam Ackerman; Fiscal Year: 2004..We hope to support the hypothesis that, as in other systems, microsomal PGES is functionally linked to COX-2 in the generation of uterotonic POE2. ..
- Dietary supplementation with glucan enhances immune fnDavid Williams; Fiscal Year: 2002..At the successful conclusion of this research e will have established what, if any, effect dietary supplementation with glucan has on modulating immunocompetence arid whether oral glucans will increase resistance to infectious diseases. ..
- International Conference on Advances in Laryngeal BiophysiologySusan Thibeault; Fiscal Year: 2008..The multifactorial nature of voice disorders necessitates study for a comprehensive understanding of the disease mechanisms for optimal treatment success. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Genetic factors in outcome from traumatic brain injuryRamon Diaz Arrastia; Fiscal Year: 2008..These studies may provide genetic evidence for a role of specific genes in tissue response after TBI, and may identify novel targets for therapeutic intervention. ..
- Comprehensive Research Training for Oral Health SciencesFrank Scannapieco; Fiscal Year: 2008..Name Organization Frank A. Scannapieco University at Buffalo/Oral Biology Libuse Bobek University at Buffalo/Oral Biology Rosemary Dziak University at Buffalo/Oral Biology in the format shown below. Role on ..
- Galanin and GalR2 Receptors in Antidepressant TreatmentsTamas Bartfai; Fiscal Year: 2009..The planned work will deepen our knowledge of the galanin/5-HT system in the DRN and its contribution to the effects of antidepressant treatments. ..
- Phytochemical Treatments for Vocal Fold ScarBernard Rousseau; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Regulation of airway epithelial repairSteven R White; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Immunoglobulin Allotypes in Hepatitis C Virus InfectionJANARDAN PANDEY; Fiscal Year: 2008..Results of this investigation will advance our understanding of the role of host genetic factors in clearance and persistence of hepatitis C virus infection. ..
- CYTOKINES, NEURODEGENERATION AND DOWN'S SYNDROMESue Griffin; Fiscal Year: 2004..Accomplishment of our aims will elucidate the pathogenic mechanisms underlying the cognitive decline apparent at middle age in Down's patients and provide targets for possible therapeutic intervention. ..
- CORTICOSTEROID INDUCED APOPTOSIS IN AIRWAY EPITHELIUMSteven White; Fiscal Year: 2002..These data would help lead to new therapeutic ideas and modalities in the treatment of asthma to suppress inflammation while preventing mucosal damage. ..
- Large Scale Images of Gene Transcription in MS and EAELawrence Steinman; Fiscal Year: 2004..The discovery of the role of osteopontin, first identified in large scale profiles, exemplifies how this approach may help us to understand MS and to develop new therapies. ..
- FOUR-CORNERS BREAST AND ENDOMETRIAL CANCER STUDYMARTHA OR MARTY SLATTERY; Fiscal Year: 2003..C-peptide, glycosylated hemoglobin, IGF-1, and IGFBP3 will be evaluated with respect to breast and endometrial cancer in a subset of women. ..
- IL-1 and IL-1ra Stimulation of S aureus ReplicationSIVADASAN KANANGAT; Fiscal Year: 2003..A better understanding of how bacteria such as S. aureus use IL-1 family of cytokines to replicate and defeat the host defense is highly relevant to the study of septic arthritis. ..
- ANTI-HIV-1 ACTIVITY OF MANNAN-BINDING LECTINGregory Spear; Fiscal Year: 2003..3. Utilize inhibitors of glycosylation to enhance biological effects of MBL. Exarnine the interaction of MBL with anti-viral antibodies in mediating anti-viral effects. Deterrnine the interaction of HIV-1 with MBL in vivo. ..
- Mechanisms of Radiation Induced Fatigue in CancerJulienne Bower; Fiscal Year: 2006..Together with a targeted program of didactic instruction, this project will prepare the candidate to become a fully independent behavioral scientist in the field of cancer prevention and control research. ..
- A Genetic Model of UveitisTAMMY MARTIN; Fiscal Year: 2006..Both transgenic mice and transgenic mice crossed with NOD2 knock-out mice will be studied. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Gene Expression in Chronic and Aggressive PeriodontitisPanos Papapanou; Fiscal Year: 2006..Ultimately, a pathobiology-based classification of periodontitis will facilitate correct diagnosis and targeted, efficient therapeutic prevention and intervention strategies. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Antidepressants and Fibroblast Growth FactorItalo Mocchetti; Fiscal Year: 2006..Data from this proposal may help elucidate the therapeutic efficacy of antidepressants in affective disorders. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Growth Factors and Colon CancerMARTHA OR MARTY SLATTERY; Fiscal Year: 2006..This study builds on a unique existing resource to study genetic and environmental associations with colorectal cancer. It will provide insight into colon cancer etiology and therefore avenues to disease prevention. ..
- A PROSPECTIVE STUDY OF ALASKA NATIVES & AMERICAN INDIANSMARTHA OR MARTY SLATTERY; Fiscal Year: 2006..The AIAN cohort will serve as a resource to enhance research and training activities of AIAN students interested in health research, health education, and general public health. ..
- The role of Mcl-1 in the macrophages and RARichard Pope; Fiscal Year: 2007..RESEARCH GRANT TABLE OF CONTENTS Page Numbers Face Page.................................................................................................................................................. 1 Description, ..
- Cytokine Modulation by Follicle-Stimulating HormoneJoseph Cannon; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Neuronal Apoptosis Induced by DNA DamageItalo Mocchetti; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Function of galanin receptor subtypes in the hippocampusTamas Bartfai; Fiscal Year: 2006..Also, because galanin has been shown to have anti-epileptic actions, understanding how this peptide regulates seizures could have clinical applications in the treatment of epilepsy. ..
- Sleep Disruption in New Parents: An intervention TrialKathryn Lee; Fiscal Year: 2006..More generalizable results from this targeted sample will be used to develop an educational intervention package for distribution to all adults preparing for parenthood. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Quantification of Host Markers in GCF Using CBIBRicardo Teles; Fiscal Year: 2007..Moreover, this methodology is at the forefront of new approaches in proteomics, and carries enormous promise for translational applications in the near future. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Biomarkers of Insomnia and Fatigue in HIV/AIDSKathryn Lee; Fiscal Year: 2007..It is hypothesized that the set of biomarkers that best predict the onset of initiation insomnia may differ from the variables that predict maintenance insomnia or daytime quality of life measures. ..
- Mechanisms of u-PAR-Mediated Lung Fibroblast MotilityMitchell Olman; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Cortical Dynamics for Pain Perception in Behaving RatsAPKAR APKARIAN; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Safety & effectiveness of HA hydrogels in immortalized vocal fold fibroblast cellSusan Thibeault; Fiscal Year: 2007..Efforts from this R21 will provide imminent directions for an R01 focusing on human clinical trials for treatment of ECM disorders. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Metabolomics and metabolic compartmentation in the brainJulian Griffin; Fiscal Year: 2006..To correlate NMR observable metabolite changes with transcriptional changes. Our data will provide proof-of principle for this methodology, and establish a means for exploring other neurolodegenerative disorders. ..
- DIET AND SOMATIC MUTATIONS IN COLON CANCERMARTHA OR MARTY SLATTERY; Fiscal Year: 2007..e. p53, K-ras, and microsatellite instability). Differences in colon and rectal tumors will be compared. Additionally data from rectal tumors will be combined with that from colon tumors to define disease pathways. ..