Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: IL-11
Description: interleukin 11
Alias: AGIF, IL-11, interleukin-11, adipogenesis inhibitory factor, oprelvekin
Publications160 found, 100 shown here
- Molecular cloning of two isoforms of a receptor for the human hematopoietic cytokine interleukin-11M Cherel
Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale INSERM U211, Nantes, France
Blood 86:2534-40. 1995....
- Cytokine regulation of neuronal differentiation of hippocampal progenitor cellsM F Mehler
Department of Neurology, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, New York 10461
Nature 362:62-5. 1993..Further, they define an in vitro model system that may facilitate molecular analysis of graded stages of mammalian neuronal differentiation...
- Effects of the combination of thrombopoietin with cytokines on the survival of X-irradiated CD34(+) megakaryocytic progenitor cells from normal human peripheral bloodIkuo Kashiwakura
Laboratory of Radiopharmaceutical Sciences, Hokkaido College of Pharmacy, 7 1 Katsuraoka cho, Otaru 047 0264, Japan
Radiat Res 158:202-9. 2002..These findings suggest that IL3 plays a key role in promoting the survival of X-irradiated CD34(+) CFU-megakaryocytes from peripheral blood as well as those from cord blood, though the former are more radiosensitive...
- Interleukin 11 and activin A synergise to regulate progesterone-induced but not cAMP-induced decidualizationEllen Menkhorst
Prince Henry s Institute of Medical Research, PO Box 5152, Clayton, Victoria, 3168, Australia
J Reprod Immunol 84:124-32. 2010..Locally produced and temporally regulated products such as interleukin 11 (IL11), and activin A are involved in this process; however, the molecular interactions that regulate ..
- Molecular cloning of a cDNA encoding interleukin 11, a stromal cell-derived lymphopoietic and hematopoietic cytokineS R Paul
Children s Hospital, Boston, MA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 87:7512-6. 1990..The amino acid sequence of this cytokine, designated interleukin 11 (IL-11), did not display significant similarity with any other sequence in the GenBank data base...
- Mitogen-activated protein kinases and ribosomal S6 protein kinases are involved in signaling pathways shared by interleukin-11, interleukin-6, leukemia inhibitory factor, and oncostatin M in mouse 3T3-L1 cellsT Yin
Department of Medicine Hematology Oncology, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis 46202
J Biol Chem 269:3731-8. 1994..These results suggest that pp90rsk is one of the potential candidates for the H7-sensitive protein kinase(s), which is critical for the activation of primary response genes by these cytokines...
- Definition of receptor binding sites on human interleukin-11 by molecular modeling-guided mutagenesisI Tacken
Institut fur Biochemie, Rheinisch Westfälische Technische Hochschule Aachen, Germany
Eur J Biochem 265:645-55. 1999..These findings reveal a common mechanism of receptor recruitment in the family of IL-6-type cytokines and offer considerable perspectives for the rational design of IL-11 antagonists and hyperagonists...
- Interleukin-11 signals through the formation of a hexameric receptor complexV A Barton
Cancer Research Campaign Growth Factor Group, School of Biosciences, University of Birmingham, Edgbaston, Birmingham B15 2TT, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 275:36197-203. 2000..We therefore propose that IL-11 forms a hexameric receptor complex composed of two molecules each of IL-11, IL-11R, and gp130...
- Expression and function of interleukin-11 and its receptor alpha in the human endometriumNatalia Karpovich
Department of Obstretrics and Gynaecology, University of Oxford, Women s Centre, Level 3, John Radcliffe Hospital, UK
Mol Hum Reprod 9:75-80. 2003..Our data suggest that IL-11-receptor interactions may perform different functions in the human endometrium at different stages of the cycle, and that secretion of IL-11 is modulated by local growth factors...
- Interleukin-6 and interleukin-11 support human osteoclast formation by a RANKL-independent mechanismO Kudo
Department of Pathology, Nuffield Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Oxford, Windmill Road, Headington, Oxford OX3 7LD, UK
Bone 32:1-7. 2003..These results indicate that IL-6 and IL-11, which are thought to play a role in several osteolytic bone disorders, are directly capable of inducing osteoclast formation by a RANKL-independent mechanism...
- Interleukin-11 and IL-17 and the pathogenesis of periodontal diseaseR B Johnson
Department of Periodontics, University of Mississippi Medical Center, Jackson, MS 39216 4505, USA
J Periodontol 75:37-43. 2004..Our purpose was to compare concentrations of human IL-11 and IL-17 within healthy and diseased human gingiva to determine their possible role in the initiation or progression of periodontal diseases...
- The production of interleukin-11 and decidualization are compromised in endometrial stromal cells derived from patients with infertilityNatalia Karpovich
Nuffield Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Oxford, John Radcliffe Hospital, Oxford OX3 9DU, United Kingdom
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 90:1607-12. 2005..Our results suggest that IL-11 expression is critically important during decidualization in the human endometrium, and that aberrant regulation of endometrial IL-11 production may be associated with some types of infertility...
- Relaxin and prostaglandin E(2) regulate interleukin 11 during human endometrial stromal cell decidualizationE Dimitriadis
Prince Henry s Institute of Medical Research, P O Box 5152, Clayton, VIC 3168, Australia
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 90:3458-65. 2005..Blocking IL-11 signaling reduced RLX+P- or PGE(2)+P-induced decidualization, suggesting that RLX and PGE(2) act via IL-11. This is important in understanding implantation and regulation of fertility...
- Expression of interleukin 11 and its receptor and their prognostic value in human breast cancerSatheesha Hanavadi
University Department of Surgery, Wales College of Medicine, Cardiff University, Heath Park, Cardiff, CF4 4XN, United Kingdom
Ann Surg Oncol 13:802-8. 2006..However, there is little clinical information to support this hypothesis. We examined the expression of IL-11 and its receptor in primary breast cancer tissue samples and correlated their level of expression with the clinical outcome...
- Interleukin 11 signaling components signal transducer and activator of transcription 3 (STAT3) and suppressor of cytokine signaling 3 (SOCS3) regulate human endometrial stromal cell differentiationEvdokia Dimitriadis
Prince Henry s Institute of Medical Research, Victoria 3168, Australia
Endocrinology 147:3809-17. 2006..These data support a role for IL-11 via pSTAT3 and SOCS3 in initiating and progressing decidualization...
- Expression of interleukin (IL)-11 and IL-11 receptor in human colorectal adenocarcinoma: IL-11 up-regulation of the invasive and proliferative activity of human colorectal carcinoma cellsAyumi Yoshizaki
Department of Tumor and Diagnostic Pathology, Nagasaki University Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, Nagasaki, Japan
Int J Oncol 29:869-76. 2006..These findings suggested that the IL-11/IL-11R pathway plays an important role in the progression of CRC...
- Expression of interleukin-11 (IL-11) and IL-11 receptor alpha in human gastric carcinoma and IL-11 upregulates the invasive activity of human gastric carcinoma cellsToshiyuki Nakayama
Department of Tumor and Diagnostic Pathology, Nagasaki University Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, Nagasaki 852 8523, Japan
Int J Oncol 30:825-33. 2007..These findings suggest that the IL-11/IL-11R pathway plays an important role in the progression and the differentiation of human gastric carcinomas...
- Interleukin-11 promotes migration, but not proliferation, of human trophoblast cells, implying a role in placentationPremila Paiva
Prince Henry s Institute of Medical Research, Clayton, Victoria, Australia
Endocrinology 148:5566-72. 2007..These data demonstrate that IL-11 stimulates human EVT migration, but not proliferation, likely via signal transducer and activator of transcription-3, indicating an important role for IL-11 in placentation...
- Interleukin-11, interleukin-1beta, interleukin-12 and the pathogenesis of inflammatory periodontal diseasesOzlem Ozer Yücel
Department of Periodontology, Hacettepe University, Ankara, Turkey
J Clin Periodontol 35:365-70. 2008..This study aimed to analyse interleukin-1beta (IL-1beta), IL-11 and IL-12 levels in gingival crevicular fluid (GCF) of patients with G and chronic periodontitis (CP)...
- The interleukin-6 family cytokine interleukin-11 regulates homeostatic epithelial cell turnover and promotes gastric tumor developmentMeegan Howlett
Gastrointestinal Research in Inflammation and Pathology GRIP Laboratory, Murdoch Children s Research Institute, Parkville, Australia
Gastroenterology 136:967-77. 2009..Gastric cancer is the second most common cause of cancer-related mortality worldwide, mainly as a result of late-stage detection. Interleukin (IL)-11 is a multifunctional cytokine reported to be up-regulated in human gastric cancer...
- Interleukin-11 and leukemia inhibitory factor regulate the adhesion of endometrial epithelial cells: implications in fertility regulationM Marwood
Prince Henry s Institute of Medical Research, 246 Clayton Road, Clayton, Victoria, Australia
Endocrinology 150:2915-23. 2009..This study demonstrated that IL-11 and LIF regulated endometrial epithelial cell adhesion, suggesting that targeting IL-11 and LIF may be useful in regulating fertility by either enhancing or blocking implantation...
- Interleukin-11 in endometrial adenocarcinoma is regulated by prostaglandin F2alpha-F-prostanoid receptor interaction via the calcium-calcineurin-nuclear factor of activated T cells pathway and negatively regulated by the regulator of calcineurin-1Kurt J Sales
Medical Research Council Human Reproductive Sciences Unit, The Queen s Medical Research Institute, University of Edinburgh, Edinburgh EH16 4TJ, United Kingdom
Am J Pathol 176:435-45. 2010..This study has highlighted a new mechanism regulating IL-11 expression in endometrial adenocarcinoma cells by the FP receptor via the calcium-calcineurin-nuclear factor of activated T cells pathway...
- Genome-wide pharmacogenetics of antidepressant response in the GENDEP projectRudolf Uher
Medical Research Council Social, Genetic, and Developmental Psychiatry Centre, Institute of Psychiatry, King s College London, SE5 8AF, London, United Kingdom
Am J Psychiatry 167:555-64. 2010..The authors performed a genome-wide association analysis of improvement of depression severity with two antidepressant drugs...
- Identification of three distinct receptor binding sites of murine interleukin-11V A Barton
Cancer Research Campaign Growth Factor Group, Department of Biochemistry, University of Birmingham, Edgbaston, Birmingham, B15 2TT, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 274:5755-61. 1999..This supports the hypothesis that IL-11 signals via the formation of a hexameric receptor complex and indicates that site III is a generic feature of cytokines that signal via association with gp130...
- Interleukin 11 inhibits human trophoblast invasion indicating a likely role in the decidual restraint of trophoblast invasion during placentationPremila Paiva
Prince Henry s Institute of Medical Research, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Monash University, Clayton, Victoria 3800, Australia
Biol Reprod 80:302-10. 2009..In humans, during early pregnancy interleukin 11 (IL11) is maximally expressed in the decidua, with its receptor, IL11 receptor alpha (IL11RA), also identified ..
- [Differences in megakaryocyte progenitor ex vivo expansion between CD34+ cells derived from human umbilical cord blood and bone marrow]Yi He
Union Stem Cell and Gene Engineering Company Limited, Tianjin 300384, China
Zhongguo Shi Yan Xue Ye Xue Za Zhi 16:1398-402. 2008..The selected CD34+ cells were seeded in serum-free conditions stimulated with thrombopoietin (TPO), TPO+interleukin 11 (IL-11), or TPO+IL11+heparin for 14 days...
- Involvement of cyclin D3, CDKN1A (p21), and BIRC5 (Survivin) in interleukin 11 stimulation of decidualization in miceFeixue Li
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, University of Illinois College of Medicine, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
Biol Reprod 78:127-33. 2008b>Interleukin 11 receptor alpha (Il11ra) null mice are infertile due to defective decidualization and abnormal trophoblast invasion...
- Cultured human periodontal ligament cells constitutively express multiple osteotropic cytokines and growth factors, several of which are responsive to mechanical deformationMark N Pinkerton
Department of Oral Sciences, Faculty of Dentistry, University of Otago, PO Box 647, Dunedin, New Zealand
J Periodontal Res 43:343-51. 2008..Our objective was to expand our knowledge of the cytokines and growth factors expressed by human periodontal ligament (PDL) cells and to identify new genes that are responsive to mechanical deformation...
- Teleostean IL11b exhibits complementing function to IL11a and expansive involvement in antibacterial and antiviral responsesMudjekeewis D Santos
Laboratory of Genome Science, Tokyo University of Marine Science and Technology, Tokyo 108 8477, Japan
Mol Immunol 45:3494-501. 2008b>Interleukin 11 is a class-1 helical cytokine, having the four-helix bundle structure, possessing pleiotropic characteristics involved in physiological processes including blood production, bone formation and placentation...
- Interleukin 1 beta is induced by interleukin 11 during decidualization of human endometrial stromal cells, but is not released in a bioactive formChristine A White
Prince Henry s Institute of Medical Research, P O Box 5152, Clayton, VIC 3168, Australia
J Reprod Immunol 73:28-38. 2007..Decidualization of human ESC in vitro is enhanced by interleukin 11 (IL11), with associated changes in gene expression...
- Pharmacoeconomic analysis of oprelvekin (recombinant human interleukin-11) for secondary prophylaxis of thrombocytopenia in solid tumor patients receiving chemotherapyScott B Cantor
Department of Biostatistics, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas 77030 4009, USA
Cancer 97:3099-106. 2003Previous research has shown oprelvekin (recombinant human interleukin-11 [rhIL-11]) to be effective in reducing the requirements for platelet transfusions after myelosuppressive chemotherapy in patients who have previously experienced ..
- Clinical efficacy of rhIL-11C H Reynolds
US Oncology, Ocala Oncology Center, Florida, USA
Oncology (Williston Park) 14:32-40. 2000Placebo-controlled clinical trials of recombinant human interleukin-11 (rhIL-11, also known as oprelvekin [Neumega]) in patients with nonmyeloid malignancies have demonstrated significant efficacy in preventing postchemotherapy platelet ..
- Induction of cytokine gene expression in human thyroid epithelial cells irradiated with HZE particles (iron ions)Jenine K Sanzari
Department of Radiation Oncology, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Radiat Res 172:437-43. 2009..It is concluded that SeM can regulate ionizing radiation-induced gene expression and may serve as an effective countermeasure for some of the acute inflammatory/immune responses induced by low-dose HZE-particle radiation...
- Detection of novel amplicons in prostate cancer by comprehensive genomic profiling of prostate cancer cell lines using oligonucleotide-based arrayCGHJoern Kamradt
Department of Urology and Pediatric Urology, University of Saarland, Homburg Saar, Germany
PLoS ONE 2:e769. 2007....
- Oprelvekin. Genetics InstituteS V Sitaraman
Emory University School of Medicine, Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
Curr Opin Investig Drugs 2:1395-400. 2001Genetics Institute has developed and launched oprelvekin (rhIL-11; Neumega), a recombinant form of human IL-11...
- IL-4 and IL-13 induce protection of porcine endothelial cells from killing by human complement and from apoptosis through activation of a phosphatidylinositide 3-kinase/Akt pathwayJohn F Grehan
Department of Surgery, University of Minnesota School of Medicine, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
J Immunol 175:1903-10. 2005..We conclude that IL-4 and IL-13 can induce protection of porcine EC against killing by apoptosis and human complement through activation of the PI3K/Akt signaling pathway...
- Anti-inflammatory cytokines hepatocyte growth factor and interleukin-11 are over-expressed in Polycythemia vera and contribute to the growth of clonal erythroblasts independently of JAK2V617FM Boissinot
INSERM UMR 892, Institut de Biologie, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire, Nantes, France
Oncogene 30:990-1001. 2011..As both cytokines contribute to the proliferation of PV erythroblasts, blocking the c-MET/HGF/IL-11 pathways could be of interest as an additional therapeutic option in PV...
- Activation of IL-11/STAT3 pathway in preconditioned human skeletal myoblasts blocks apoptotic cascade under oxidant stressNiagara Muhammad Idris
Department of Pathology, 231 Albert Sabin Way, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, OH 45267, USA
Regen Med 7:47-57. 2012..To determine whether our novel approach of diazoxide-induced stem cell preconditioning might be extrapolated to human skeletal myoblasts to support their survival under lethal oxidant stress...
- Interleukin-11 links oxidative stress and compensatory proliferationTakashi Nishina
Department of Immunology, Juntendo University School of Medicine, 2 1 1 Hongo, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 8421, Japan
Sci Signal 5:ra5. 2012..Conversely, the effects of acetaminophen were exacerbated in mice deficient in the IL-11R α subunit. Together, these results suggest that IL-11 provides a functional link between oxidative stress and compensatory proliferation...
- Meta-analyses identify 13 loci associated with age at menopause and highlight DNA repair and immune pathwaysLisette Stolk
Department of Internal Medicine, Erasmus MC, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Nat Genet 44:260-8. 2012..Gene-set enrichment pathway analyses using the full GWAS data set identified exoDNase, NF-κB signaling and mitochondrial dysfunction as biological processes related to timing of menopause...
- Constitutively active mutant gp130 receptor protein from inflammatory hepatocellular adenoma is inhibited by an anti-gp130 antibody that specifically neutralizes interleukin 11 signalingJan Sommer
Institute of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology II, Medical Faculty, Heinrich Heine University, Dusseldorf, Germany
J Biol Chem 287:13743-51. 2012..The mAb B-P4 might be a valuable tool to inhibit the constitutive activation of naturally occurring gp130 mutants in IHCAs and rare cases of gp130-associated hepatocellular carcinoma...
- Interleukin 11 regulates endometrial cancer cell adhesion and migration via STAT3Virginia Lay
Prince Henry s Institute of Medical Research, Clayton, VIC 3168, Australia
Int J Oncol 41:759-64. 2012..This study shows a role for IL11 in endometrial cancer and suggests IL11 may be involved in endometrial cancer development and thus may be useful as a therapeutic target...
- Tumor necrosis factor and its targets in the inflammatory cytokine pathway are identified as putative transcriptomic biomarkers for escitalopram responseTimothy R Powell
King s College London, Institute of Psychiatry, MRC Social, Genetic and Developmental Psychiatry Centre, London, UK Electronic address
Eur Neuropsychopharmacol 23:1105-14. 2013....
- Enhanced production of CTGF and IL-11 from highly metastatic hepatoma cells under hypoxic conditions: an implication of hepatocellular carcinoma metastasis to boneYa Bo Gao
Department of Radiation Oncology, Zhongshan Hospital, Fudan University, 136 Yi Xue Yuan Road, Shanghai 200032, China
J Cancer Res Clin Oncol 139:669-79. 2013..The biology underlying bone-specific metastasis (BM) of hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) is poorly understood. The goal of the present study is to further elucidate the molecular and cellular mechanisms underlying HCC with BM...
- Whole genome expression profiling and screening for differentially expressed cytokine genes in human bone marrow endothelial cells treated with humoral inhibitors in liver cirrhosisBo Gao
Department of General Surgery, The First Affiliated Hospital of Harbin Medical University, Harbin, P R China
Int J Mol Med 32:1204-14. 2013....
- Mutations in the interleukin receptor IL11RA cause autosomal recessive Crouzon-like craniosynostosisKatharina Keupp
Center for Molecular Medicine Cologne CMMC, University of Cologne 50931, Cologne, Germany Institute of Human Genetics, University of Cologne 50931, Cologne, Germany Cologne Excellence Cluster on Cellular Stress Responses in Aging Associated Diseases CECAD, University of Cologne 50931, Cologne, Germany
Mol Genet Genomic Med 1:223-37. 2013..479+6T>G mutation in the interleukin 11 receptor alpha gene (IL11RA) on chromosome 9p21...
- Plasma interleukin-11 (IL-11) levels have diagnostic and prognostic roles in patients with pancreatic cancerChuanli Ren
Clinical Medical Testing Laboratory, Northern Jiangsu People s Hospital and Clinical Medical College of Yangzhou University, Yangzhou, 225001, China
Tumour Biol 35:11467-72. 2014..0 months; P=0.004). In conclusion, IL-11p has diagnostic, predictive, and prognostic applications for patients with pancreatic cancer...
- Side effects of cytokines approved for therapyBrian A Baldo
11 Bent Street, Lindfield, NSW, 2070, Australia
Drug Saf 37:921-43. 2014..In the hematopoietin family, approved cytokines are aldesleukin (rhIL-2), oprelvekin (rhIL-11), filgrastim and tbo-filgrastim (rhG-CSF), sargramostim (rhGM-CSF), metreleptin (rh-leptin) and the rh-..
- The immunologic and hematopoietic profiles of mesenchymal stem cells derived from different sections of human umbilical cordMan Xu
Department of Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplantation, Affiliated Hospital of Academy of Military Medical Sciences, Beijing 100071, China
Acta Biochim Biophys Sin (Shanghai) 46:1056-65. 2014..Our study demonstrated that MSCs could be isolated from whole UC or specific sections of UC with similar immunomodulation and hematopoiesis supporting characteristics. ..
- MTA2 enhances colony formation and tumor growth of gastric cancer cells through IL-11Chenfei Zhou
Department of Surgery, Shanghai Institute of Digestive Surgery, Ruijin Hospital, Shanghai Jiaotong University School of Medicine, No 197 Ruijin Er Road, Shanghai, 200025, China
BMC Cancer 15:343. 2015..We have preliminarily reported MTA2 expression in gastric cancer and its biological functions by using knockdown cell models, while the molecular mechanisms of MTA2 in regulating malignant behaviors are still unclear...
- Genetic variants of IL-11 associated with risk of Hirschsprung diseaseL H Kim
Department of Life Science, Sogang University, Seoul, Korea
Neurogastroenterol Motil 27:1371-7. 2015..As interleukins play important roles in the ENS, we further studied associations with HSCR of nine common single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) on IL-11...
- Glucocorticoid-Induced OsteoporosisBaruch Frenkel
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Keck School of Medicine, Institute for Genetic Medicine, University of Southern California, 2250 Alcazar Street, CSC 240, Los Angeles, CA, 90033, USA
Adv Exp Med Biol 872:179-215. 2015..Future therapeutic approaches may aim at GC targets such as those mentioned above, or newly identified targets including the Notch pathway, the AP-1/Il11 axis and the osteoblast master regulator RUNX2. ..
- High-affinity interaction between interleukin-11 and S100P proteinAlexei S Kazakov
Institute for Biological Instrumentation of the Russian Academy of Sciences, Institutskaya Str 7, Pushchino, Moscow Region, 142290, Russia
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 468:733-8. 2015..The highly specific IL-11 - S100P interaction occurring under physiologically relevant conditions should be taken into consideration upon development of the antineoplastics inhibiting IL-11 signaling. ..
- miR-206 Inhibits Stemness and Metastasis of Breast Cancer by Targeting MKL1/IL11 PathwayRavand Samaeekia
The Ben May Department for Cancer Research, The University of Chicago, Chicago, Illinois
Clin Cancer Res . 2016..Understanding of cancer stemness-related signaling pathways at the molecular level will help control cancer and stop metastasis in the clinic...
- Interleukin-11 increases invasiveness of JEG-3 choriocarcinoma cells by modulating STAT3 expressionPankaj Suman
National Institute of Immunology, Aruna Asaf Ali Marg, New Delhi, India
J Reprod Immunol 82:1-11. 2009..In conclusion, activation and upregulation of STAT3 appears to be critical for the IL-11-mediated increase in invasiveness of JEG-3 cells...
- IL-11 Induces Th17 Cell Responses in Patients with Early Relapsing-Remitting Multiple SclerosisXin Zhang
Department of Neurology, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, NC 27599
J Immunol 194:5139-49. 2015....
- Chondroitin sulfate proteoglycan protein is stimulated by interleukin 11 and promotes endometrial epithelial cancer cell proliferation and migrationAmy Winship
Centre for Reproductive Health, The Hudson Institute of Medical Research, Clayton, 3168 Vic, Australia
Int J Oncol . 2017..Our data suggest that CSPG4 inhibition may impair endometrial cancer progression by reducing cancer cell proliferation, migration and potentially EMT...
- Mouse oncostatin M: an immediate early gene induced by multiple cytokines through the JAK-STAT5 pathwayA Yoshimura
Institute of Life Science, Kurame University, Japan
EMBO J 15:1055-63. 1996..Identification of murine OSM as a cytokine-inducible immediate early gene provides a new insight into the physiological function of this unique cytokine...
- Tolerability and side-effect profile of rhIL-11J W Smith
Clinic Research Earle A Chiles Research Institute, Providence Portland Medical Center, Oregon, USA
Oncology (Williston Park) 14:41-7. 2000..patients with nonmyeloid malignancies indicate that recombinant human interleukin-11 (rhIL-11, also known as oprelvekin [Neumega]) has an acceptable toxicity profile as therapy for the mitigation of chemotherapy-induced ..
- IL-11 produced by breast cancer cells augments osteoclastogenesis by sustaining the pool of osteoclast progenitor cellsErin M McCoy
Department of Pathology, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL 35294, USA
BMC Cancer 13:16. 2013..This work aims to further investigate the role of IL-11 in metastasis-induced osteolysis by addressing a new hypothesis that IL-11 exerts effects on osteoclast progenitor cells...
- Identification of a PEAK1/ZEB1 signaling axis during TGFβ/fibronectin-induced EMT in breast cancerMegan Agajanian
Department of Biology, California State University Northridge, Northridge, CA 91330, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 465:606-12. 2015..These studies and future mechanistic studies will pave the way toward identifying the context in which TGFβ blockade may significantly improve breast cancer patient outcomes. ..
- Targeting Interleukin-11 Receptor-α Impairs Human Endometrial Cancer Cell Proliferation and Invasion In Vitro and Reduces Tumor Growth and Metastasis In VivoAmy L Winship
Centre for Reproductive Health, The Hudson Institute of Medical Research, Clayton, Victoria, Australia Department of Anatomy and Developmental Biology, Monash University, Clayton, Victoria, Australia
Mol Cancer Ther 15:720-30. 2016..Mol Cancer Ther; 15(4); 720-30. ©2016 AACR. ..
- IL-17F-induced IL-11 release in bronchial epithelial cells via MSK1-CREB pathwayMio Kawaguchi
Department of Respiratory Medicine, University of Tsukuba, Ibaraki 3058575, Japan
Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 296:L804-10. 2009..Therefore, the IL-17F/IL-11 axis may be a valuable therapeutic target for asthma...
- Interleukin-11 promotes the progress of gastric carcinoma via abnormally expressed versicanZhenwei Zhang
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Second Military Medical University, Shanghai, China
Int J Biol Sci 8:383-93. 2012..Collectively, these findings suggest that the abnormally expressed versican and its isoforms participate, at least in part, in the progress of gastric carcinoma triggered by IL-11...
- The novel focal adhesion gene kindlin-2 promotes the invasion of gastric cancer cells mediated by tumor-associated macrophagesZhanlong Shen
Department of Gastroenterological Surgery, Peking University People s Hospital, Beijing 100044, PR China
Oncol Rep 29:791-7. 2013..Therefore, the novel focal adhesion gene kindlin-2 may play an important role in promoting the invasion of gastric cancer cells mediated by TAMs through regulating interleukin expression...
- Expression of IL-2 and IL-11 and its significance in patients with ankylosing spondylitisFeng Liu
Department of Orthopedics, Zhangqiu People s Hospital, Jinan 250200, China
Asian Pac J Trop Med 6:76-8. 2013..To explore the expression of IL-2 and IL-11 and its significance in patients with ankylosing spondylitis (AS)...
- IL-11, IL-1α, IL-6, and TNF-α are induced by solar radiation in vitro and may be involved in facial subcutaneous fat loss in vivoWen Hwa Li
The Johnson and Johnson Skin Research Center, Consumer and Personal Products Worldwide, A Division of Johnson and Johnson Family of Consumer Companies, Inc, 199 Grandview Road, Skillman, NJ 08558, USA
J Dermatol Sci 71:58-66. 2013..The loss of subcutaneous (sc) fat is associated with aging. Inflammatory cytokines, such as interleukin-1 α (IL-1α), interleukin-11 (IL-11) and tumor necrosis factor-α (TNF-α), are known to inhibit the differentiation of preadipocytes...
- Bone metastasis from breast cancer involves elevated IL-11 expression and the gp130/STAT3 pathwayLi Ren
Department of Laboratory, Key Laboratory of Cancer Prevention and Therapy, Tianjin Medical University Cancer Institute and Hospital, Tianjin 300060, People s Republic of China
Med Oncol 30:634. 2013..DNA-binding activity of AP-1 was significantly higher in the MBC-B group than in the PBC group. These data suggest that IL-11 is associated with bone metastasis and may be of value for predicting bone metastasis from breast cancer...
- IL-11 is required for A1 adenosine receptor-mediated protection against ischemic AKIJoo Yun Kim
Department of Anesthesiology and
J Am Soc Nephrol 24:1558-70. 2013....
- Interleukin-11 induces the expression of matrix metalloproteinase 13 in gastric cancer SCH cells partly via the PI3K-AKT and JAK-STAT3 pathwaysGongli Yang
Guangdong Provincial Key Laboratory of Gastroenterology, Department of Gastroenterology, Nanfang Hospital, Southern Medical University, Baiyun, Guangzhou 510515, P R China
Mol Med Rep 9:1371-5. 2014..These findings suggested that IL-11 induces the expression of MMP-13 in gastric cancer SCH cells partly via the PI3K-AKT and JAK-STAT3 pathways...
- Myocardial Infarction Superimposed on Aging: MMP-9 Deletion Promotes M2 Macrophage PolarizationAndriy Yabluchanskiy
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, San Antonio Cardiovascular Proteomics Center, Mississippi Center for Heart Research, University of Mississippi Medical Center, Jackson
J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci 71:475-83. 2016..05), without affecting proinflammatory M1 markers. In conclusion, MMP-9 deletion stimulated anti-inflammatory polarization of macrophages to attenuate left ventricle dysfunction in the aging post-myocardial infarction. ..
- Emerging roles for IL-11 signaling in cancer development and progression: Focus on breast cancerCameron N Johnstone
Cancer and Inflammation Laboratory, Olivia Newton John Cancer Research Institute, Level 5, Olivia Newton John Cancer and Wellness Centre, Heidelberg, VIC 3084, Australia School of Cancer Medicine, LaTrobe University, Heidelberg, VIC 3084, Australia Cancer Metastasis Laboratory, Cancer Research Division, Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre, East Melbourne, VIC 3002, Australia
Cytokine Growth Factor Rev 26:489-98. 2015..We review current strategies to interfere with IL-11 signaling and advocate that inhibition of IL-11 signaling may represent an emerging therapeutic opportunity for numerous cancers. ..
- Response to Infliximab in Crohn's Disease: Genetic Analysis Supporting Expression ProfileLuz María Medrano
Immunology Department, Hospital Clinico San Carlos, Instituto de Investigación Sanitaria del Hospital Clínico San Carlos IdISSC, 28040 Madrid, Spain
Mediators Inflamm 2015:318207. 2015..Our results support the role of the reported expression signature as predictive of anti-TNF outcome in CD patients and suggest an etiological role of those top-five genes in the IFX response pathway...
- Proteolytic Cleavage Governs Interleukin-11 Trans-signalingJuliane Lokau
Institute of Biochemistry, Kiel University, 24098 Kiel, Germany
Cell Rep 14:1761-73. 2016..In conclusion, proteolysis of the IL-11R represents a molecular switch that controls the IL-11 trans-signaling pathway and widens the number of cells that can be activated by IL-11. ..
- CITED2 Modulates Breast Cancer Metastatic Ability through Effects on IKKαSwaathi Jayaraman
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland
Mol Cancer Res 14:730-9. 2016..Collectively, these data demonstrate that CITED2 modulates metastatic ability in human breast cancer cells, at least in part, through the regulation of IKKα...
- Two-gene signature improves the discriminatory power of IASLC/ATS/ERS classification to predict the survival of patients with early-stage lung adenocarcinomaYifeng Sun
Department of Thoracic Surgery, Shanghai Chest Hospital, Shanghai Jiaotong University
Onco Targets Ther 9:4583-91. 2016..We also aimed to verify whether gene signature improves the risk discrimination of IASLC/ATS/ERS classification in early-stage lung adenocarcinoma...
- Bazedoxifene as a Novel GP130 Inhibitor for Pancreatic Cancer TherapyXiaojuan Wu
Department of Pediatric Surgery, Tongji Hospital, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan, China
Mol Cancer Ther 15:2609-2619. 2016..Therefore, our results support that Bazedoxifene as a novel inhibitor of GP130 signaling and may be a potential and safe therapeutic agent for human pancreatic cancer therapy. Mol Cancer Ther; 15(11); 2609-19. ©2016 AACR...
- Combinations of cytokines promote survival of mice and limit acute radiation damage in concert with amelioration of vascular damageAnne Van der Meeren
Institut de Radioprotection et de Surete Nucleaire, Direction de la RadioProtection de l Homme, Service de Radiobiologie et d Epidemiologie, IRSN, F 92262 Fontenay aux Roses Cedex, France
Radiat Res 161:549-59. 2004..In summary, our results show that Tpo may improve survival by limiting vascular leakage, which in turn could limit inflammatory reactions and the ensuing tissue damage...
- Bovine lactoferrin induces interleukin-11 production in a hepatitis mouse model and human intestinal myofibroblastsTetsuya Kuhara
Food Science and Technology Institute, Morinaga Milk Industry Co, Ltd, 5 1 83 Higashihara, Zama, Kanagawa, 228 8583, Japan
Eur J Nutr 51:343-51. 2012....
- Hyper-interleukin-11 novel designer molecular adjuvant targeting gp130 for whole cell cancer vaccinesWiktoria Maria Suchorska
University of Medical Science, Medical Biotechnology, Garbary 15, Poznan, 61 866, Poland
Expert Opin Biol Ther 11:1555-67. 2011..Hyper-IL-11 (H11) is a fusion protein comprising IL-11 and soluble IL-11 receptor directly targeting gp130. We evaluated efficacy of H11 as a molecular adjuvant in therapeutic whole tumor cell vaccine formulation...
- Increased osteocyte death in multiple myeloma patients: role in myeloma-induced osteoclast formationN Giuliani
Department of Internal Medicine and Biomedical Science, Hematology and Bone Marrow Transplantation Center, University of Parma, Parma, Italy
Leukemia 26:1391-401. 2012..Our data suggest that MM patients are characterized by a reduced number of viable osteocytes related to the presence of bone lesions, and that this is involved in MM-induced OCL formation...
- IL10, IL11, IL18 are differently expressed in CD14+ TAMs and play different role in regulating the invasion of gastric cancer cells under hypoxiaZhanlong Shen
Department of Gastroenterological Surgery, Peking University People s Hospital, Beijing 100044, PR China
Cytokine 59:352-7. 2012..Hypoxia is a salient feature of solid tumors and has a profound influence on the biology of TAMs However, the role of interleukins in the gastric cancer progression under hypoxia is not clear...
- Interleukin-11 increases cell motility and up-regulates intercellular adhesion molecule-1 expression in human chondrosarcoma cellsTe Mao Li
School of Chinese Medicine, China Medical University, Taichung, Taiwan
J Cell Biochem 113:3353-62. 2012..Taken together, our results indicate that IL-11 enhanced the migration of the chondrosarcoma cells by increasing ICAM-1 expression through the IL-11Rα receptor, PI3K, Akt, and NF-κB signal transduction pathway...
- Use of the anti-inflammatory cytokine interleukin-11 to reverse HIV-1gp120 repression of a natural killer cell lineSheena E Favors
Department of Basic Sciences, Georgia Campus, Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine, Suwanee, GA 30024, USA
Cell Immunol 276:1-5. 2012..These studies support the notion that IL-11 administration may reduce HIV-1-mediated immune activation and exhaustion while achieving elimination of virally-infected cells through restored NK cell function...
- Trout oral VP2 DNA vaccination mimics transcriptional responses occurring after infection with infectious pancreatic necrosis virus (IPNV)Natalia A Ballesteros
Centro de Investigaciones Biologicas CSIC, Dpto Microbiología Molecular y Biología de la Infección, C Ramiro de Maeztu 9, 28040 Madrid, Spain
Fish Shellfish Immunol 33:1249-57. 2012..Some of the genes described here could be used as markers to further optimize the oral immunization method...
- IL-17 and IL-11 GCF levels in aggressive and chronic periodontitis patients: relation to PCR bacterial detectionOlfat G Shaker
Department of Medical Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Faculty of Medicine, Cairo University, Egypt
Mediators Inflamm 2012:174764. 2012..This study evaluated IL-17 and IL-11 in gingival crevicular fluid (GCF) of generalized chronic periodontitis (GCP) and generalized aggressive periodontitis (GAgP) patients in relation to periodontopathic bacteria...
- miR-9 modulates the expression of interferon-regulated genes and MHC class I molecules in human nasopharyngeal carcinoma cellsFei Gao
Cancer Research Institute, Southern Medical University, Guangzhou 510515, PR China
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 431:610-6. 2013....
- MicroRNA-30c inhibits human breast tumour chemotherapy resistance by regulating TWF1 and IL-11Jessica Bockhorn
The Ben May Department for Cancer Research, The University of Chicago, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
Nat Commun 4:1393. 2013..Identification of a novel microRNA-mediated pathway that regulates chemoresistance in breast cancer will facilitate the development of novel therapeutic strategies...
- Characterization of the Th profile of the bovine endometrium during the oestrous cycle and early pregnancyLilian J Oliveira
Faculty of Food Engineering and Animal Sciences, University of Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
PLoS ONE 8:e75571. 2013..In conclusion, the endometrial immune profile of the oestrous cycle favours a Th2 environment in anticipation of pregnancy and the presence of an embryo acts to fine tune this environment. ..
- Genomic sequence and chromosomal location of human interleukin-11 gene (IL11)D McKinley
Department of Medicine, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis 46202
Genomics 13:814-9. 1992..The availability of the human IL11 genomic sequence should aid in studies of the regulatory mechanisms of IL11 gene expression in different cell types and the role of IL11 expression in the hematopoietic microenvironment...
- Interleukin-11 induces complex formation of Grb2, Fyn, and JAK2 in 3T3L1 cellsX Y Wang
Department of Medicine Hematology Oncology, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis 46202, USA
J Biol Chem 270:27999-8002. 1995..Taken together, these results suggest that IL-11-induced interactions of JAK2, Fyn, and Grb2 may not only provide a novel mechanism for the activation of the Ras/MAPK system but also indicate cross-talk among diverse signaling pathways...
- Molecular cloning and characterization of murine interleukin-11J C Morris
Genetics Institute, Inc, Cambridge, MA 02140, USA
Exp Hematol 24:1369-76. 1996..The chromosomal location of the murine IL-11 gene was assigned to the proximal arm of chromosome 7...
- Myeloid differentiation and maturation of SCF+IL-3+IL-11 expanded AC133+/CD34+ cells selected from high-risk breast cancer patientsS Filip
Department of Oncology and Radiotherapy, Charles University Hospital, Czech Republic
Neoplasma 47:73-80. 2000....
- Preclinical pharmacologic basis for clinical use of rhIL-11 as an effective platelet-support agentT Berl
Department of Medicine, University of Colorado, Health Sciences Center, Denver, USA
Oncology (Williston Park) 14:12-20. 2000Preclinical studies have shown that rhIL-11, also known as oprelvekin (Neumega), stimulates early and later stages of megakaryocytopoiesis (including proliferation and differentiation of megakaryocyte precursors and maturation of ..
- Dose reductions and delays: limitations of myelosuppressive chemotherapyM S Cairo
Columbia University, Babies and Children s Hospital, New York, New York, USA
Oncology (Williston Park) 14:21-31. 2000..The availability of a platelet growth factor--recombinant human interleukin-11(rhIL-11, also known as oprelvekin [Neumega])--provides an effective means of preventing chemotherapy-induced thrombocytopenia and accelerating ..
- Administration of recombinant human IL11 after supralethal radiation exposure promotes survival in mice: interactive effect with thrombopoietinAnne Van der Meeren
IPSN, DPHD, SARAM, B P no 6, F 92265 Fontenay aux Roses Cedex, France
Radiat Res 157:642-9. 2002....
- Interleukin-11 levels in healthy and thrombocytopenic neonatesMary P McCloy
Department of Paediatrics and Neonatal Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, Imperial College, Hammersmith Hospital Campus, London W12 ONN, UK
Pediatr Res 51:756-60. 2002..Further studies of IL-11 in neonates are warranted to assess its role both in platelet production and in mediation of the endogenous inflammatory response...
- Bone destruction in arthritisE M Gravallese
Department of Medicine, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, New England Baptist Bone and Joint Institute, Harvard Institutes of Medicine, 4 Blackfan Circle, Room 241, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Ann Rheum Dis 61:ii84-6. 2002....
- Regulation of IL-11 expression in intestinal myofibroblasts: role of c-Jun AP-1- and MAPK-dependent pathwaysShigeki Bamba
Department of Internal Medicine, Shiga Univ of Medical Science, Seta Tukinowa, Otsu 520 2192, Japan
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 285:G529-38. 2003..Intestinal SEMFs secreted IL-11 in response to IL-1beta- and TGF-beta1. Mucosal IL-11 secretion might be important as an anti-inflammatory response in the pathogenesis of intestinal inflammation...
- Fibroblasts isolated from normal lungs and those with idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis differ in interleukin-6/gp130-mediated cell signaling and proliferationYuben P Moodley
Asthma and Allergy Research Institute, Sir Charles Gairdner Hospital, Nedlands, Western Australia, Australia
Am J Pathol 163:345-54. 2003..IL-11 was mitogenic for both normal and IPF fibroblasts. These results provide strong evidence for a fundamental abnormality in a cytokine-signaling pathway, as opposed to alterations in cytokine production, in the pathogenesis of IPF...
- Endogenous interleukin-11 (IL-11) levels in newly diagnosed children with acquired severe aplastic anemia (SAA)Erin M Cockrell
Department of Pediatrics, Children s Hospital Medical Center of Akron, One Perkins Square, Akron, OH 44308, USA
Cytokine 28:55-8. 2004..Impaired hematopoietic growth factor production is a hypothetical contributing factor to the development of acquired severe aplastic anemia (SAA). The serum levels of most hematopoietic cytokines in SAA patients are elevated...
- Osmoregulated Proteins in the Inner MedullaTomas Berl; Fiscal Year: 2007..These experiments should define genes and proteins involved in osmoregulation and particularly unveil the role of the subunit as a vital component in the adaption to the hypertonic environment of the mammalian inner medulla. ..
- Release of FGF1 and Pathology of AngiogenesisIgor Prudovsky; Fiscal Year: 2010..Significantly, the signal peptide-less pro-inflammatory cytokine interleukin 11, which shares an almost identical 3D structure with FGF1, exhibits a similar mechanism of stress-induced ..
- Radioimmunotherapy for LymphomaThomas Witzig; Fiscal Year: 2002..granulocyte macrophage colony stimulating factor (GM-CSF) and thrombopoietic growth factor (Interleukin-II, oprelvekin) to learn whether the myelosuppression can be ameliorated and whether the dose of Y2B8 can be increased...
- Identification of CBFA1 Targets in OsteoblastsBaruch Frenkel; Fiscal Year: 2003..Finally, the most intense bands will be eluted from the gel, cloned and sequenced. Genetically adjacent ORFs will be identified and their regulation by CBFA1 validated. ..
- KROX 20 AND BONE MASSBaruch Frenkel; Fiscal Year: 2010..These studies will elucidate novel regulatory mechanisms that control osteoblast function and bone formation in health and disease, and open new avenues in the pursuit of bone anabolics. ..
- INTESTINAL ADENOSINE A2B RECEPTORShanthi Sitaraman; Fiscal Year: 2004..Third, I will study the role of adenosine receptor in the modulation and feedback regulation of neutrophil-epithelial interaction including transmigration and chemokine secretion. ..
- Characterization of intestinal adenosine A2b receptorShanthi Sitaraman; Fiscal Year: 2004..Specific aim 3: We will study: i) the effect of IL-6 on degranulation of neutrophils. ..