Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: IGH
Description: immunoglobulin heavy locus
Alias: IGD1, IGH.1@, IGH@, IGHD@, IGHDY1, IGHJ, IGHJ@, IGHV, IGHV@, D (diversity) region of heavy chains, J (joining) region of heavy chains, immunglobulin heavy chain variable region, immunoglobulin heavy diversity cluster, immunoglobulin heavy diversity group, immunoglobulin heavy diversity locus, immunoglobulin heavy joining cluster, immunoglobulin heavy joining group, immunoglobulin heavy polypeptide, joining region, immunoglobulin heavy variable cluster, immunoglobulin heavy variable group
Publications278 found, 100 shown here
- Detection of monoclonal immunoglobulin heavy chain gene rearrangement (FR3) in Thai malignant lymphoma by High Resolution Melting curve analysisTanawan Kummalue
Department of Clinical Pathology, Faculty of Medicine Siriraj Hospital, Bangkok 10700, Thailand
Diagn Pathol 5:31. 2010..Specific PCR primers sequences for IgH gene variable region 3, including fluorescence labeled IgH primers were used and results were compared with HRM...
- T(3;14)(p14.1;q32) involving IGH and FOXP1 is a novel recurrent chromosomal aberration in MALT lymphomaB Streubel
Department of Pathology, Vienna General Hospital, Medical University of Vienna, Vienna, Austria
Leukemia 19:652-8. 2005..1;q32) or trisomy 3. This study identifies FOXP1 as a new translocation partner of IGH in a site-dependent subset of MALT lymphomas.
- MicroRNA-125b-1 and BLID upregulation resulting from a novel IGH translocation in childhood B-Cell precursor acute lymphoblastic leukemiaElisa Tassano
Department of Pediatric Hematology Oncology, Giannina Gaslini Institute, Genova, Italy
Genes Chromosomes Cancer 49:682-7. 2010..As a rule, IGH translocations generate transcriptional activation of the oncogene localized in the proximity of the breakpoint...
- Arrangement of human immunoglobulin heavy chain constant region genes implies evolutionary duplication of a segment containing gamma, epsilon and alpha genesJ G Flanagan
Nature 300:709-13. 1982..This implies an evolutionary duplication in this multigene family involving gamma, epsilon and alpha genes...
- Splenic marginal zone lymphoma: Clinical clustering of immunoglobulin heavy chain repertoiresLuca Arcaini
Division of Hematology, Fondazione IRCCS Policlinico San Matteo, University of Pavia Viale C Golgi 19, 27100 Pavia, Italy
Blood Cells Mol Dis 42:286-91. 2009..Fifty-nine IGHV rearrangements were amplified...
- Mutation analysis of IgVH genes in splenic marginal zone lymphomas: correlation with clinical characteristics and outcomeChristina Kalpadakis
Department of Haematology, Laikon General Hospital, National and Kapodistrian University of Athens, Athens, Greece
Anticancer Res 29:1811-6. 2009..To determine the immunoglobulin variable heavy chain (IgVH) gene usage and somatic mutation patterns in a series of SMZL patients and to correlate these findings with the clinical features and outcome...
- Prognostic factors identified three risk groups in the LRF CLL4 trial, independent of treatment allocationDavid Oscier
Department of Haematology, Royal Bournemouth Hospital, Bournemouth, UK
Haematologica 95:1705-12. 2010..The aim of this study was to determine which of the available markers independently predicted outcome in patients requiring treatment and to use these to define new risk groups...
- Pathology of aging B6;129 miceD C Haines
Veterinary Pathology Section, Pathology Histotechnology Laboratory, SAIC Frederickm, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Toxicol Pathol 29:653-61. 2001..Immunohistochemistry revealed CD45R expression as well as infiltration by many CD3+ T cells. IgH gene rearrangements were found in typical mesenteric node lymphomas indicating B-cell origin...
- Treatment of low grade gastric mucosa-associated lymphoid tissue lymphoma in stage I with Helicobacter pylori eradication. Long-term results after sequential histologic and molecular follow-upC Montalban
Department of Internal Medicine, Hospital Ramon y Cajal, Carretera de Colmenar Km 9, 28034 Madrid, Spain
Haematologica 86:609-17. 2001..Moreover, in half of the apparently cured patients a monoclonal rearrangement of the IgH gene can be demonstrated. However, data on the long-term outcome of the patients are scarce...
- Fluorescence in situ hybridization detection of chromosome IGH/BCL2 translocations from paraffin-embedded tissue: evaluation in follicular lymphomaYuko Hirose
Division of Hematology and Immunology, Department of Internal Medicine, Kanazawa Medical University, Ishikawa, Japan
Int J Hematol 78:154-9. 2003..The t(14;18)(q32;q21) associated with follicular lymphoma juxtaposes a portion of BCL-2 (18q21) and IGH(14q32); the result is bcl-2 overexpression...
- [Pathologic diagnosis and subtyping of lymphoma in bone marrow biopsies using histologic examination, immunohistochemistry and gene rearrangement studies]Jia Cheng Xiao
Department of Pathology, Rui Jin Hospital of Shanghai Second Medical University, Shanghai 200025, China
Zhonghua Bing Li Xue Za Zhi 33:120-4. 2004..To assess the value of histologic examination, immunohistochemistry and gene rearrangement studies in the diagnosis and subtyping of lymphoma with bone marrow involvement (BMI)...
- Interphase fluorescence in situ hybridization is more sensitive than BIOMED-2 polymerase chain reaction protocol in detecting IGH-BCL2 rearrangement in both fixed and frozen lymph node with follicular lymphomaMarc Antoine Belaud-Rotureau
Pathology Laboratory, CHU Bordeaux, 33604 Pessac, France
Hum Pathol 38:365-72. 2007..With the use of split signal DNA probes, 1 case showed a trisomy of the BCL2 locus and another displayed BCL6 and IGH breakpoints that would suggest a t(3;14)...
- Characterization of an Oct1 orthologue in the channel catfish, Ictalurus punctatus: a negative regulator of immunoglobulin gene transcription?Mara L Lennard
Marine Biomedicine and Environmental Sciences Center and Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, SC 29425, USA
BMC Mol Biol 8:8. 2007The enhancer (Emu3') of the immunoglobulin heavy chain locus (IGH) of the channel catfish (Ictalurus punctatus) has been well characterized...
- t(11;18)(q21;q21) in extranodal marginal zone B-cell lymphoma of mucosa-associated lymphoid tissue in stomach: a study of 48 casesGuanghua Wang
Division of Molecular Pathology, Department of Scientific Laboratories, Armed Forces Institute of Pathology, Washington DC 20306 6000, USA
Mod Pathol 22:79-86. 2009..Of the 48 analyzed cases, 15 (31%) were positive for t(11;18)(q21;q21) and 33 (69%) were monoclonal for IgH gene rearrangement...
- [Clinical significance in detection of immunoglobulin heavy chain clonal rearrangement in bone marrow of patients with B cell lymphoma]Zhi yu Chen
Department of Medical Oncology, Cancer Hospital, Fudan University, Shanghai 200032, China
Zhonghua Zhong Liu Za Zhi 31:183-8. 2009To explore the feasibility of semi-nested PCR technique for detection of immunoglobulin heavy chain (IgH) clonal rearrangement in bone marrow of B-cell lymphoma patient and to further evaluate its clinicopathological value.
- The immunoglobulin heavy chain locus in the platypus (Ornithorhynchus anatinus)F Gambón-Deza
Vigo University Hospital Complex, Pontevedra, Spain
Mol Immunol 46:2515-23. 2009..We have recently described the genomic organization of the immunoglobulin heavy chain locus in reptiles (IGHM, IGHD and IGHY)...
- Long-range oncogenic activation of Igh-c-myc translocations by the Igh 3' regulatory regionMonica Gostissa
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Nature 462:803-7. 2009..Translocations within Igh involve DNA double-strand breaks initiated either by the RAG1/2 endonuclease during variable, diversity and joining ..
- Molecular cytogenetic aberrations in patients with multiple myeloma studied by interphase fluorescence in situ hybridizationL J Chen
Department of Hematology, First Affiliated Hospital of Nanjing Medical University, Jiangsu Province Hospital Nanjing 210029, China
Exp Oncol 29:116-20. 2007..Therefore, fluorescence in situ hybridization (FISH) analysis combined with magnetic-activated cell sorting (MACS) is an attractive alternative for evaluation of numerical and structural chromosomal changes in MM...
- [Primers for detecting gene rearrangement in different regions of immunoglobulin heavy chain genes and their application in diagnosis of paraffin-embedded lymphoma tissues]Zong Li Qi
Department of Pathology, Nanfang Hospital, Southern Medical University, Guangzhou 510515, China
Nan Fang Yi Ke Da Xue Xue Bao 28:1964-7. 2008..To analyze and optimize the gene rearrangement primers of different frame regions (FR) of immunoglobulin heavy chain (IgH) genes by bioinformatic methods and explore the application of these primers in the detection of paraffin-embedded ..
- In multiple myeloma, circulating hyperdiploid B cells have clonotypic immunoglobulin heavy chain rearrangements and may mediate spread of diseaseL M Pilarski
Department of Oncology, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Canada
Clin Cancer Res 6:585-96. 2000..Hyperdiploid MM B cells express CD34 and have clonotypic IgH transcripts, confirming them as part of the malignant clone...
- beta-Mercaptoethanol differentially acts on the rat somatotrophs and lactotrophs in primary culture to suppress the secretion of immunoreactive hormonesK Nakamura
Second Department of Physiology, School of Medicine, Iwate Medical University, Japan
Horm Metab Res 26:565-9. 1994..of the structural similarities between PRL and growth hormone (GH), the effects of ME on the hormonal dynamics of iGH were compared to those of iPRL...
- [Comparative study of genetic aberrations in human multiple myeloma cell lines and newly diagnosed MM by fluorescence in situ hybridization]Gang An
Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences, Tianjin 300020, China
Zhongguo Shi Yan Xue Ye Xue Za Zhi 18:1505-10. 2010..3 (D13S19), 14q32 (IGHC/IGHV) , 1q12 (CEP1), 17p13 (TP53) were was used to detect 7 HMCL and 85 cases of newly diagnosed MM...
- Primary burkitt lymphoma of the chest wallRommel Lu
Department of Medicine, Division of Hematology Medical Oncology, University of Virginia Medical Center, Charlottesville, VA
Clin Lymphoma Myeloma Leuk 10:E38. 2010..Molecular cytogenetic analysis revealed fusion signals with IgH/Myc t(8;14) dual fusion probe, supporting the diagnosis of BL...
- Abnormal patterns of immunoglobulin heavy chain gene DNA fingerprinting during chronic phase chronic myeloid leukemiaA Spencer
Haematology Department, Mater Hospital, Newcastle, Australia
Leuk Lymphoma 32:299-307. 1999Using IgH DNA fingerprinting we have previously demonstrated clonal immunoglobulin heavy chain (IgH) gene rearrangements during chronic phase (CP) chronic myeloid leukemia (CML) in patients destined to develop lymphoid blast crisis (L-BC)...
- The incidence and anatomic site specificity of chromosomal translocations in primary extranodal marginal zone B-cell lymphoma of mucosa-associated lymphoid tissue (MALT lymphoma) in North AmericaEllen D Remstein
Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester MN 55905, USA
Am J Surg Pathol 30:1546-53. 2006..from diverse anatomic sites were studied by fluorescence in situ hybridization (FISH) using probes for API2-MALT1, IGH-MALT1, IGH-BCL10, IGH-FOXP1, IGH, +/- centromeres 3, 7, 12, and 18, and a subset (n=74) were analyzed using FISH ..
- [Clinicopathologic characteristics and chromosomal abnormalities in salivary mucosa associated lymphoid tissue lymphomas]Bai zhou Li
Department of Pathology, Second Hospital of Zhejiang University Medical College, Hangzhou 310009, China
Zhonghua Er Bi Yan Hou Tou Jing Wai Ke Za Zhi 44:651-6. 2009..To study the morphological and genetic characteristics in salivary gland marginal zone B cell lymphoma of mucosa associated lymphoid tissue (MALT) lymphomas...
- Mantle cell lymphoma: improved diagnostics using a combined approach of immunohistochemistry and identification of t(11;14)(q13;q32) by polymerase chain reaction and fluorescence in situ hybridizationRoman Kodet
Department of Pathology and Molecular Medicine, Charles University, 2nd Medical School and Faculty Hospital in Motol, V Uvalu 84, 150 06, Prague 5 Motol, Czech Republic
Virchows Arch 442:538-47. 2003..of cyclin D1 due to juxtaposition of the bcl-1 locus (and CCND1 gene coding for the cyclin D1) to the IgH gene. This phenomenon is caused by t(11;14)(q13;q32). The morphological diagnosis of MCL may pose difficulties...
- Diverse chemicals including aryl hydrocarbon receptor ligands modulate transcriptional activity of the 3'immunoglobulin heavy chain regulatory regionRebecca A Henseler
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Boonshoft School of Medicine, Wright State University, Dayton, OH 45435, USA
Toxicology 261:9-18. 2009..IgH) gene is a sensitive target of TCDD and may be transcriptionally inhibited by TCDD through inhibition of the 3'IgH transcriptional regulatory region (3'IgHRR)...
- Uncoupling between Ig somatic hypermutation and oncogene mutation in mouse lymphomaChristelle Vincent
UMR CNRS 6101, Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, Universite de Limoges, France
Biochim Biophys Acta 1793:418-26. 2009..By inserting a c-myc gene under the control of the 3'IgH locus control region (LCR) into the mouse genome, we generated c-myc-3'LCR mice that develop clonal BL or diffuse ..
- The mouse immunoglobulin heavy chain V-D intergenic sequence contains insulators that may regulate ordered V(D)J recombinationKaren Featherstone
Laboratory of Chromatin and Gene Expression, Babraham Institute, Babraham Research Campus, Cambridge CB22 3AT, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 285:9327-38. 2010..We have assembled the sequence of a strategically located 96-kb V-D intergenic region in the mouse Igh and analyzed its activity during lymphocyte development...
- Humoral and cellular immunity in secondary infection due to murine Chlamydia trachomatisD M Williams
Audie L Murphy Memorial Veterans Hospital, and Department of Medicine, University of Texas Health Sciences Center at San Antonio, 78284, USA
Infect Immun 65:2876-82. 1997..CD8+ T-cell function (beta2-microglobulin deficient, MHC class I deficient [Beta2m-/-]), B-cell function (C57BL/10J-Igh(tm1Cgn) [Igh-/-]), and gamma interferon (IFN-gamma) (C57BL/6-Ifg(tm1) [Ifg-/-]) or interleukin-4 (C57BL/6J(tm1Cgn29)..
- Minimal residual disease detection in mantle cell lymphoma: methods and significance of four-color flow cytometry compared to consensus IGH-polymerase chain reaction at initial staging and for follow-up examinationsSebastian Böttcher
Second Department of Medicine, Chemnitzstrasse 33, D 24116 Kiel, Germany
Haematologica 93:551-9. 2008..Data from prospective clinical trials comparing the clinical applicability of flow cytometry to routine diagnostic methods and to polymerase chain reaction are currently lacking...
- Application of germline IGH probes in real-time quantitative PCR for the detection of minimal residual disease in acute lymphoblastic leukemiaO J Verhagen
Department of Immunohematology, Academic Medical Center, University of Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Leukemia 14:1426-35. 2000..The ASO primer approach reached maximal sensitivities of at least 10(-4) in 33 out of 35 IGH rearrangements...
- Polymerase chain reaction detection of cells carrying t(14;18) in bone marrow of patients with follicular and diffuse large B-cell lymphoma: the importance of analysis at diagnosis and significance of long-term follow-upT Papajik
Department of Hemato Oncology, University Hospital, Olomouc, Czech Republic
Neoplasma 48:501-5. 2001..The bcl-2/IgH rearrangement constitutes good target for polymerase chain reaction (PCR) detection that allows to find out one ..
- Differential response to H. pylori eradication therapy of co-existing diffuse large B-cell lymphoma and MALT lymphoma of stomach-significance of tumour cell clonality and BCL10 expressionS H Kuo
Department of Oncology, National Taiwan University Hospital and National Taiwan University College of Medicine, Taipei, Taiwan
J Pathol 211:296-304. 2007..clonality of lymphoma cells was examined by polymerase chain reaction-based amplification of the CDR3 region of the IgH gene and confirmed by DNA sequence analysis. BCL10 expression was determined by immunohistochemistry...
- Structure and organization of the immunoglobulin M heavy chain genes in Atlantic salmon, Salmo salarI Hordvik
Department of Fisheries and Marine Biology, High Technology Center, University of Bergen, Norway
Mol Immunol 34:631-9. 1997..Two closely related IgH constant region genes, CHA and CHB, have been sequenced completely...
- Fluorescence immunophenotypic and interphase cytogenetic characterization of nodal lymphoplasmacytic lymphomaRachel Lynn Sargent
Department of Pathology, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
Am J Surg Pathol 32:1643-53. 2008..Cases with IgH R were further studied with an IgH/BCL2 probe...
- [A clinical study of chromosome translocations in extranodal marginal zone lymphoma of mucosa-associated lymphoid tissue in Chinese patients]Ge Hong Dong
Department of Pathology, Health Science Center, Peking University, Beijing 100191, China
Zhonghua Nei Ke Za Zhi 48:181-5. 2009..To investigate the genetic aberrations in extranodal marginal zone lymphoma of mucosa-associated lymphoid tissue (MALT) lymphomas from different sites of the body in Chinese patients...
- Ig/EBP-1: a ubiquitously expressed immunoglobulin enhancer binding protein that is similar to C/EBP and heterodimerizes with C/EBPC Roman
Department of Biological Chemistry, University of California, Los Angeles
Genes Dev 4:1404-15. 1990..A fusion protein encoded by the cDNA binds specifically to muEBP-E-binding sites (E sites) in both the IgH enhancer and the VH1 promoter...
- Anti-insulin receptor autoantibodies are not required for type 2 diabetes pathogenesis in NZL/Lt mice, a New Zealand obese (NZO)-derived mouse strainMarcia F McInerney
Department of Medicinal and Biological Chemistry, University of Toledo College of Pharmacy, Toledo, OH 43606, USA
Exp Diabesity Res 5:177-85. 2004..pathogenic contributions of B lymphocytes and AIRAs in this model, a disrupted immunoglobulin heavy chain gene (Igh-6) congenic on the NZB/BlJ background was backcrossed 4 generations into the NZO/HlLt background and was then ..
- IgH class switching and translocations use a robust non-classical end-joining pathwayCatherine T Yan
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, of Genetics, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Nature 449:478-82. 2007..C-NHEJ indeed catalyses CSR joins, because C-NHEJ-deficient B cells had decreased CSR and substantial levels of IgH locus (immunoglobulin heavy chain, encoded by Igh) chromosomal breaks...
- BOB.1 of the channel catfish, Ictalurus punctatus: not a transcriptional coactivator?Mara L Lennard Richard
Marine Biomedicine and Environmental Sciences Center, Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, SC 29425, USA
Mol Immunol 46:481-91. 2009..is an activator of transcription, catfish Oct1 failed to drive transcription and may act as a negative regulator of IGH transcription. In mammals, the Oct co-activator BOB...
- Replacement of Imu-Cmu intron by NeoR gene alters Imu germ-line expression but has no effect on V(D)J recombinationDania Haddad
CNRS UMR 5089, Institut de Pharmacologie et de Biologie Structurale, Equipe Instabilité génétique et régulation transcriptionnelle, 205 route de Narbonne, 31077 Toulouse, France
Mol Immunol 47:961-71. 2010..This polarized long-range effect of the 3'RR is disturbed upon insertion of NeoR gene in the IgH constant (C(H)) region, where only GL transcription derived from upstream GL promoters is impaired...
- A novel chromosomal translocation t(4; 14)(p16.3; q32) in multiple myeloma involves the fibroblast growth-factor receptor 3 geneR Richelda
Laboratorio di Ematologia Sperimentale e Genetica Molecolare, Servizio di Ematologia, Universita degli Studi di Milano, Ospedale Maggiore IRCCS, Milano, Italy
Blood 90:4062-70. 1997..the linkage analysis of the joining (J) and the constant (C) mu, alpha, and gamma regions to detect cases bearing IGH switch-mediated chromosomal translocations...
- T(14;18)(q32;q21) involving IGH and MALT1 is a frequent chromosomal aberration in MALT lymphomaBerthold Streubel
Department of Pathology, Division of Oncology, Vienna General Hospital, University of Vienna, Vienna, Austria
Blood 101:2335-9. 2003..Among a total of 66 cases, t(14;18)(q32;q21) involving IGH and MALT1 was detected in MALT lymphomas of the liver (4 of 4), skin (3 of 11), ocular adnexa (3 of 8), and salivary ..
- Evaluation of B-cell clonality in archival skin biopsy samples of cutaneous B-cell lymphoma by immunoglobulin heavy chain gene polymerase chain reactionAnsgar Lukowsky
Department of Dermatology and Allergy, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Germany
Leuk Lymphoma 47:487-93. 2006..were amplified by the Biomed-2 IgH-PCR protocols as well as using four other assays, priming also the three IgH framework regions (FR) 1-3. All PCR products were analysed by fluorescence fragment analysis...
- In a model of immunoglobulin heavy-chain (IGH)/MYC translocation, the Igh 3' regulatory region induces MYC expression at the immature stage of B cell developmentYi Yan
Department of Biological Sciences, Hunter College and Graduate Center of the City University of New York, New York, NY, USA
Genes Chromosomes Cancer 46:950-9. 2007..involving the heavy chain locus (IGH) place the MYC gene either in cis with both the intronic enhancer Emu and the IGH 3' regulatory region (3'RR) or in cis with only the 3'RR. The result is deregulated MYC expression...
- Integrity of the AID serine-38 phosphorylation site is critical for class switch recombination and somatic hypermutation in miceHwei Ling Cheng
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, The Children s Hospital, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106:2717-22. 2009..class switch recombination (CSR) and Ig somatic hypermutation (SHM) by deaminating cytidines within, respectively, IgH switch (S) regions and Ig variable region (V) exons...
- Deletion mapping of the mouse ornithine decarboxylase-related locus Odc-rs8 within Igh-VB A Richards-Smith
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Buffalo, New York 14263
Mamm Genome 3:568-74. 1992..In the present study, alleles at Odc-rs8 were shown to cosegregate with those for Igh variable region (Igh-V or VH) genes among 37 inbred mouse strains that had been characterized previously for their ..
- Identification of a locus control region in the immunoglobulin heavy-chain locus that deregulates c-myc expression in plasmacytoma and Burkitt's lymphoma cellsL Madisen
Hutchinson Cancer Center, University of Washington School of Medicine, Seattle 98104
Genes Dev 8:2212-26. 1994..Translocation events between c-myc and the IgH locus segregate c-myc and the IgH intron enhancer to different reciprocal products in all plasmacytomas and in most ..
- Secondary ocular involvement in systemic "memory" B-cell lymphocytic leukemiaS E Coupland
Department of Pathology, University Hospital Benjamin Franklin, Freie Universitat, Berlin, Germany
Ophthalmology 108:1289-95. 2001..on the basis of the presence of somatic mutations in the variable region of the immunoglobulin heavy chain gene (IgH)...
- High frequency of matrix attachment regions and cut-like protein x/CCAAT-displacement protein and B cell regulator of IgH transcription binding sites flanking Ig V region genesPeter Goebel
The Scripps Research Institute, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
J Immunol 169:2477-87. 2002..with the MAR-binding proteins cut-like protein x/CCAAT-displacement protein (Cux/CDP), B cell regulator of IgH transcription (Bright), and special AT-rich sequence-binding protein (SATB1) by EMSA...
- Evolution of the immunoglobulin heavy chain class switch recombination mechanismJayanta Chaudhuri
Immunology Program, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, New York, USA
Adv Immunol 94:157-214. 2007..b>IgH CSR occurs within and requires large, repetitive sequences, termed S regions, which are parts of germ line ..
- Comparative analysis of immunoglobulin polymerase chain reaction and flow cytometry in fine needle aspiration biopsy differential diagnosis of non-Hodgkin B-cell lymphoid malignanciesAlicia Maroto
Departamento de Anatomía Patológica del Hospital Universitario 12 de Octubre de Madrid, Espana
Diagn Cytopathol 37:647-53. 2009..The adjunctive values of a single primer pair PCR amplification of IgH genes and of the immunophenotyping by flow cytometry were evaluated comparing their results with the final ..
- Improvements to B cell clonality analysis using PCR amplification of immunoglobulin light chain genesT C Diss
Histopathology Department, Royal Free and University College Medical School, University Street, London WC1E 6JJ, UK
Mol Pathol 55:98-101. 2002Clonality analysis using polymerase chain reaction (PCR) amplification of the immunoglobulin heavy chain (IgH) gene is an important aid to the diagnosis of B cell lymphoproliferative diseases...
- An unbalanced translocation involving chromosome 14 is the probable cause for loss of potentially functional rearranged immunoglobulin heavy chain genes in the Epstein-Barr virus-positive Hodgkin's lymphoma-derived cell line L591Martina Vockerodt
Department of Internal Medicine I, Universitity of Cologne, Cologne, Germany
Br J Haematol 119:640-6. 2002..As in other cases only one non-productive IgH chain gene rearrangement was amplified from H-RS cells, it was speculated whether, in these cases, the functionally ..
- Insertion of c-Myc into Igh induces B-cell and plasma-cell neoplasms in miceSung Sup Park
Laboratory of Genetics, Genetics Branch, Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute, NIH, Bethesda, Maryland, USA
Cancer Res 65:1306-15. 2005..We conclude that Myc(His) insertion into Igh predictably induces B-cell and plasma-cell tumors in mice, providing a valuable mouse model for understanding the ..
- Bone marrow trephines containing lymphoid aggregates from patients with rheumatoid and other autoimmune disorders frequently show clonal B-cell infiltratesKnut Engels
Senckenbergisches Institut für Pathologie, Klinikum der Johann Wolfgang Goethe Universitat, 60590 Frankfurt M, Germany
Hum Pathol 38:1402-11. 2007..5 patients with rheumatoid or other autoimmune disorders, were analyzed by morphology, immunohistochemistry, IGH gene rearrangement (polymerase chain reaction), and DNA sequence analysis in selected cases. In 22 (68...
- Chromosome 14q32 translocations involving the immunoglobulin heavy chain locus in chronic lymphocytic leukaemia identify a disease subset with poor prognosisFrancesco Cavazzini
Section of Haematology, Department of Biomedical Sciences and Advanced Therapies, University of Ferrara, Ferrara, Italy
Br J Haematol 142:529-37. 2008..e. +12, 6q-, 1-2 anomalies), group 3 (unfavourable, i.e. 17p-, 11q-, complex karyotype), or group 4 (14q32/IGH translocation). Endpoints were treatment-free survival (TFS) and overall survival (OS)...
- Phenotyping studies of clonotypic B lymphocytes from patients with multiple myeloma by flow cytometryE Joseph Conway
Department of Pathology, The Methodist Hospital and The Methodist Hospital Research Institute, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Arch Pathol Lab Med 133:1594-9. 2009Clonotypic B lymphocytes, monoclonal B lymphocytes sharing identical, rearranged IGH-CDR3 sequences with the patient's myeloma cells, have been detected in the peripheral blood of patients with multiple myeloma...
- [Chromosome study on chronic lymphocytic leukemia using CpG-oligodeoxynucleotide as immunostimulant agent]Yafang Wu
The First Affiliated Hospital, Soochow University, Jiangsu Institute of Hematology, Suzhou, Jiangsu, 215006 P R China
Zhonghua Yi Xue Yi Chuan Xue Za Zhi 27:86-91. 2010..To investigate whether CpG-oligodeoxynucleotide (CpG-ODN) can improve the detection rate of the karyotypic abnormalities in chronic lymphocytic leukemia (CLL)...
- A linkage map of mouse chromosome 12: localization of Igh and effects of sex and interference on recombinationR D Blank
Department of Biochemistry, New York University Medical Center, New York 10016
Genetics 120:1073-83. 1988..These data establish an unambiguously ordered linkage group including Igh and Aat-1 that spans most of chromosome 12.
- Effect of nuclear matrix attachment regions on transgene expression in tobacco plantsW Nowak
Department of Biopolymer Biochemistry, Adam Mickiewicz University, Poznan, Poland
Acta Biochim Pol 48:637-46. 2001..The synthetic MAR was a multimer of a short sequence from the MAR 3' end of the immunoglobulin heavy chain (IgH) enhancer...
- Accessibility control and machinery of immunoglobulin class switch recombinationKe Zhang
The Hart and Louse Lyon Laboratory, Division of Clinical Immunology Allergy, Department of Medicine, University of California Los Angeles, School of Medicine, 90095 1680, USA
J Leukoc Biol 73:323-32. 2003..Multiple cellular and molecular processes are involved in CSR. Induction of a given IgH germline transcription initiates CSR processes...
- Fluorescence in situ hybridization: method of choice for a definitive diagnosis of mantle cell lymphomaTsieh Sun
Pathology and Laboratory Medicine Service, Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Denver, Colorado 80220, USA
Am J Hematol 74:78-84. 2003Fluorescence in situ hybridization (FISH) using IGH/CCND1 probes was used to analyze 35 specimens including 27 paraffin sections, 3 bone marrow aspirates, and 5 peripheral blood smears...
- Cutaneous plasmablastic lymphoma in an HIV-positive male: an unrecognized cutaneous manifestationP Hausermann
Department of Dermatology, University Hospital Basel, Basel, Switzerland
Dermatology 208:287-90. 2004..Polymerase-chain-reaction-based DNA analysis demonstrated a clonal IgH rearrangement in the absence of a bcl-2/IgH translocation...
- Molecular pathogenesis and a consequent classification of multiple myelomaP Leif Bergsagel
Comprehensive Cancer Center, Division of Hematology Oncology, Mayo Clinic, Scottsdale, AZ 85259, USA
J Clin Oncol 23:6333-8. 2005..Nearly half of tumors are nonhyperdiploid, and mostly have one of five recurrent IgH translocations: 16% 11q13 (CCN D1), 3% 6p21 (CCN D3), 5% 16q23 (MAF), 2% 20q12 (MAFB), and 15% 4p16 (FGFR3 and MMSET)..
- [Comparison of the rate of detection of immunoglobulin heavy chain gene rearrangement by fluoresecence in situ hybridization probes in multiple myeloma.]Hye Yoon Chung
Department of Laboratory Medicine, College of Medicine, Seoul National University, Seoul, Korea
Korean J Lab Med 26:317-22. 2006..the utility of the three most commonly used probes: IGH/CCND1 dual color, dual fusion probe; IGH/BCL2 dual color, dual fusion probe; and IGH dual color break apart rearrangement probe; all from Vysis Products (Downers Grove, IL, USA).
- Fixing DNA breaks during class switch recombinationChristopher J Jolly
Centenary Institute, The University of Sydney, Sydney, NSW 2006, Australia
J Exp Med 205:509-13. 2008..CSR) involves the breakage and subsequent repair of two DNA sequences, known as switch (S) regions, which flank IgH constant region exons...
- The infevers autoinflammatory mutation online registry: update with new genes and functionsFlorian Milhavet
Institut de Genetique Humaine, CNRS UPR1142, Montpellier, France
Hum Mutat 29:803-8. 2008Infevers (Internet Fevers; http://fmf.igh.cnrs.fr/ISSAID/infevers), a website dedicated to mutations responsible for hereditary autoinflammatory diseases, was created in 2002 and has continued to evolve...
- Transcription elongation factor ELL2 directs immunoglobulin secretion in plasma cells by stimulating altered RNA processingKathleen Martincic
University of Pittsburgh, School of Medicine, Department of Immunology, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA
Nat Immunol 10:1102-9. 2009..ELL2 and the polyadenylation factor CstF-64 tracked together with RNA polymerase II across the Igh mu- and gamma-gene segments; the association of both factors was blocked by ELL2-specific small interfering RNA...
- Chromosomal manipulation by site-specific recombinases and fluorescent protein-based vectorsMunehiro Uemura
Evolutionary Medicine, Shiga Medical Center Research Institute, Moriyama, Japan
PLoS ONE 5:e9846. 2010..cell line, we successfully recapitulated two types of pathogenic chromosomal translocations in human diseases: MYC/IgH and BCR/ABL1...
- ATMIN is required for maintenance of genomic stability and suppression of B cell lymphomaJoanna I Loizou
Mammalian Genetics Lab, Cancer Research UK, London Research Institute, 44, Lincoln s Inn Fields, London WC2A 3LY, UK
Cancer Cell 19:587-600. 2011Defective V(D)J rearrangement of immunoglobulin heavy or light chain (IgH or IgL) or class switch recombination (CSR) can initiate chromosomal translocations...
- Clues to pathogenesis of Waldenström macroglobulinemia and immunoglobulin M monoclonal gammopathy of undetermined significance provided by analysis of immunoglobulin heavy chain gene rearrangement and clustering of B-cell receptorsMarzia Varettoni
Department of Hematology Oncology, Fondazione IRCCS Policlinico San Matteo, Pavia, Italy
Leuk Lymphoma 54:2485-9. 2013..In conclusion, the IGHV gene usage in WM and IgM-MGUS is remarkably biased as compared to the normal B-cell repertoire...
- Noncore RAG1 regions promote Vβ rearrangements and αβ T cell development by overcoming inherent inefficiency of Vβ recombination signal sequencesJulie E Horowitz
Division of Cancer Pathobiology, Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Center for Childhood Cancer Research, Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, Abramson Family Cancer Research Institute, Perelman School of Medicine at the University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19104
J Immunol 192:1609-19. 2014..Rag1(C/C) mice display reduced D-to-J and V-to-DJ rearrangements of TCRβ and IgH loci, whereas Rag2(C/C) mice show decreased V-to-DJ rearrangements and altered Vβ/VH repertoire...
- Cyclin-dependent kinases regulate Ig class switching by controlling access of AID to the switch regionMinghui He
Department of Molecular Biosciences, Wenner Gren Institute, Stockholm University, SE 106 91 Stockholm, Sweden
J Immunol 194:4231-9. 2015..This was associated with less targeting of activation-induced cytidine deaminase (AID) to the Igh locus. Interestingly, ectopically expressed nuclear AID in HeLa cells was preferentially found in the early S phase...
- Nuclear positioning rather than contraction controls ordered rearrangements of immunoglobulin lociMagdalena B Rother
Department of Immunology, Erasmus MC, University Medical Center, Wytemaweg 80, 3015 CN Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Nucleic Acids Res 44:175-86. 2016..We found that both Ig loci were contracted in pro-B and pre-B cells. Igh relocated from the nuclear lamina to central domains only at the pro-B cell stage, whereas, Igκ remained ..
- ERP, a new member of the ets transcription factor/oncoprotein family: cloning, characterization, and differential expression during B-lymphocyte developmentM Lopez
Department of Medicine, Beth Israel Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts 02215
Mol Cell Biol 14:3292-309. 1994..of the carboxy terminus enables ERP to interact with a variety of ets-binding sites including the E74 site, the IgH enhancer pi site, and the lck promoter ets site, suggesting a carboxy-terminal negative regulatory domain...
- Molecular cloning of translocation t(1;14)(q21;q32) defines a novel gene (BCL9) at chromosome 1q21T G Willis
Academic Department of Haematology and Cytogenetics, Institute of Cancer Research, Haddow Laboratories, Sutton, Surrey, UK
Blood 91:1873-81. 1998..To identify the gene involved in this translocation, we have cloned both rearranged IGHJ alleles using long-distance inverse polymerase chain reaction (LDI-PCR)...
- Circulating clonal cells in multiple myeloma do not express CD34 mRNA, as measured by single-cell and real-time RT-PCR assaysT Rasmussen
The Stem Cell Laboratory, Department of Haematology L, Herlev Hospital, University of Copenhagen, Herlev, Denmark
Br J Haematol 107:818-24. 1999..Myeloma-specific cells were detected with allele-specific oligonucleotides (ASO) IgH PCR...
- Nonrandom 4p13 rearrangements of the RhoH/TTF gene, encoding a GTP-binding protein, in non-Hodgkin's lymphoma and multiple myelomaC Preudhomme
INSERM U 524, Institut de Recherches sur le Cancer, Lille, France
Oncogene 19:2023-32. 2000..the RhoH/TTF gene in a patient with multiple myeloma and t(4;14)(p13;q32) translocation, with breakage within the IGH gene...
- True anti-anionic phospholipid immunoglobulin M antibodies can exert lupus anticoagulant activityTeresa Gallart
Service of Immunology, Hospital Clinic Universitari, Institut d Investigacions Biomediques August Pi i Sunyer IDIBAPS, Barcelona University School of Medicine, Barcelona, Spain
Br J Haematol 116:875-86. 2002..Basic amino acids were present in the IgH complementarity determining region 3 (CDR3), which can be important for binding to anionic PL...
- Expression of recombination activating genes-1 and-2 immunoglobulin heavy chain gene rearrangements in acute myeloid leukemia: evaluation of biological and clinical significance in a series of 76 uniformly treated patients and review of the literatureNiki Stavroyianni
P O Box 51, 57010 Asvestohori, Thessaloniki, Greece
Haematologica 88:268-74. 2003..The aim of this study was to evaluate the incidence and prognostic significance of RAG-1 and -2 mRNA transcripts and clonal IgH gene rearrangements in a cohort of uniformly treated AML patients; the available literature is also reviewed.
- Histone H2AX: a dosage-dependent suppressor of oncogenic translocations and tumorsCraig H Bassing
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, The Children s Hospital, Department of Genetics, Harvard Medical School and The Center for Blood Research, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Cell 114:359-70. 2003..Most H2AX(delta/delta)p53(-/-) or H2AX(+/delta)p53(-/-) B lineage lymphomas harbored chromosome 12 (IgH)/15 (c-myc) translocations with hallmarks of either aberrant V(D)J or class switch recombination...
- Mechanisms of peritoneal B-1a cells accumulation induced by murine lupus susceptibility locus Sle2Zhiwei Xu
Department of Pathology, Immunology, and Laboratory Medicine, University of Florida, 1600 Archer Road, Gainesville, FL 32610, USA
J Immunol 173:6050-8. 2004..Sle2 mice reconstituted with B6.Igh(a) bone marrow, showing radiation resistance in Sle2 B-1a cells or its precursors. Finally, B6...
- Amplification of IGH/MYC fusion in clinically aggressive IGH/BCL2-positive germinal center B-cell lymphomasJose Ignacio Martin-Subero
Institute of Human Genetics, University Hospital Schleswig Holstein Campus Kiel, Germany
Genes Chromosomes Cancer 43:414-23. 2005Activation of an oncogene via its juxtaposition to the IGH locus by a chromosomal translocation or, less frequently, by genomic amplification is considered a major mechanism of B-cell lymphomagenesis...
- Rearrangement of only one human IGHV gene is sufficient to generate a wide repertoire of antigen specific antibody responses in transgenic miceEduardo Suarez
Servicio de Inmunologia, Clinica Puerta de Hierro, C San Martin de Porres 4, 28035 Madrid, Spain
Mol Immunol 43:1827-35. 2006..human IGK (BABkappa), and IGK and IGL (BABkappa,lambda) loci, but only five human IGHV genes and the entire IGHD-IGHJ cluster linked to two human IGHC (IGHM-IGHD) genes...
- Cytogenetics and molecular cytogenetics in multiple myelomaPeter Liebisch
Department of Internal Medicine III, University Hospital of Ulm, Robert Koch Str 8, 89081 Ulm, Germany
Eur J Cancer 42:1520-9. 2006..exhibit recurrent trisomies - typically of chromosomes 5, 7, 9, 11, 15, 19, and 21 - but infrequently exhibit IgH translocations...
- The in vivo pattern of AID targeting to immunoglobulin switch regions deduced from mutation spectra in msh2-/- ung-/- miceKanmin Xue
Medical Research Council Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Cambridge CB2 2QH, UK
J Exp Med 203:2085-94. 2006..initiating approximately 150 nucleotides 3' of the I exon start sites and extending over several kilobases (the IgH intronic enhancer is spared)...
- Bright/ARID3A contributes to chromatin accessibility of the immunoglobulin heavy chain enhancerDanjuan Lin
Section of Molecular Genetics and Microbiology and Institute of Cell and Molecular Biology, University of Texas at Austin, Austin, Texas, USA
Mol Cancer 6:23. 2007..Bright positively activates IgH transcriptional initiation by binding to ATC-rich P sites within nuclear matrix attachment regions (MARs) flanking ..
- Immunoglobulin heavy chain exclusion in the sharkKarolina Malecek
Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, State University of New York Health Science Center at Brooklyn, Brooklyn, New York, United States of America
PLoS Biol 6:e157. 2008..Sharks have an IgH locus organization consisting of 15-200 independently rearranging miniloci (VH-D1-D2-JH-Cmu), a gene organization ..
- Lambda light chain revision in the human intestinal IgA responseWen Su
Department of Immunobiology, Kings College London School of Medicine, Guy s King s College, St Thomas Hospitals, London, United Kingdom
J Immunol 181:1264-71. 2008..We saw no evidence of IgH revision, probably due to inappropriately orientated recombination signal sequences, and little evidence of kappa-..
- Promoter activity 5' of Dbeta2 is coordinated by E47, Runx1, and GATA-3Ruth E McMillan
Department of Microbiology, North Carolina State University, Raleigh, NC 27695, USA
Mol Immunol 46:3009-17. 2009..Promoters positioned proximal to individual D and J gene segments in Tcra, Tcrb, Tcrd, IgH, and Igk also contribute to antigen receptor gene assembly, though their effects appear more localized than those ..
- Incorporating prognostic information into treatment decisions in chronic lymphocytic leukemiaNitin Jain
Leukemia Service, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, 1275 York Avenue, New York, NY 10065, USA
Curr Oncol Rep 11:353-9. 2009..To date, no study has shown a benefit from early cytotoxic therapy for any subgroup of patients with chronic lymphocytic leukemia...
- Large-scale chromatin remodeling at the immunoglobulin heavy chain locus: a paradigm for multigene regulationDaniel J Bolland
Laboratory of Chromatin and Gene Expression, Babraham Institute, Babraham Research Campus, Cambridge, UK
Adv Exp Med Biol 650:59-72. 2009..This chapter will explore how the antigen receptor loci are regulated as a whole, focussing on the Igh locus as a paradigm for the mechanisms involved...
- [Investigation of the molecular changes in patients with multiple myeloma by fluorescence in situ hybridization]Rui fang Yang
Department of Hematology, The First Affiliated Hospital of Nanjing Medical University, Jiangsu Provincial Hospital, Nanjing, Jiangsu, P R China
Zhonghua Yi Xue Yi Chuan Xue Za Zhi 27:567-70. 2010To investigate the incidence and prognosis of 1q21 amplification, 13q14 deletion, TP53 gene deletion and IgH translocation in patients with multiple myeloma (MM).
- Analysis of API2-MALT1 fusion, trisomies, and immunoglobulin VH genes in pulmonary mucosa-associated lymphoid tissue lymphomaHongjing Xia
Department of Pathology, Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Nagoya City University, Nagoya 467 8601, Japan
Hum Pathol 42:1297-304. 2011..polymerase chain reaction and looked for trisomy 3, trisomy 18, and abnormalities of MALT1 and IGH genes using fluorescence in situ hybridization...
- IL-7R expression and IL-7 signaling confer a distinct phenotype on developing human B-lineage cellsSonja E Nodland
Masonic Cancer Center, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN, USA
Blood 118:2116-27. 2011..b>IGH locus conformation measurements by 3D FISH revealed that CD127⁺ and CD127⁻ cells were less contracted than ..
- Sequence and structural convergence of broad and potent HIV antibodies that mimic CD4 bindingJohannes F Scheid
Laboratory of Molecular Immunology, The Rockefeller University, New York, NY 10065, USA
Science 333:1633-7. 2011..shared a consensus sequence of 68 immunoglobulin H (IgH) chain amino acids and arise independently from two related IgH genes...
- The eleven-nineteen lysine-rich leukemia gene (ELL2) influences the histone H3 protein modifications accompanying the shift to secretory immunoglobulin heavy chain mRNA productionChristine Milcarek
Department of Immunology, School of Medicine, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15261, USA
J Biol Chem 286:33795-803. 2011..to the secretion-specific poly(A) site, also influenced the methylations of histone H3K4 and H3K79 on the IgH gene and impacted positive transcription factor b (pTEFb), Ser-2 carboxyl-terminal phosphorylation, and ..
- Composite chronic lymphocytic leukemia/small lymphocytic lymphoma and follicular lymphoma are biclonal lymphomas: a report of two casesLeonardo Boiocchi
Division of Hematopathology, Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Weill Cornell Medical College, New York, NY 10065, USA
Am J Clin Pathol 137:647-59. 2012..In the first case, the FL was negative for IGH-BCL2 and harbored a novel IGH-associated translocation; in the second case, the CL manifested in the skin...
- Transcriptional Functions and Targets of the MMSET Protein of t(4:14) MyelomaJonathan Licht; Fiscal Year: 2013..based upon the characterization of consistent chromosomal translocations involving the immunoglobulin heavy chain (IgH). These translocations implicate particular genes in the pathogenesis of myeloma...
- Ellen Hsu; Fiscal Year: 2016..This genetic exchange occurs somatically and between distantly located IgH genes;it resembles the H chain switch recombination that exists in mammals...
- ACTIVATION OF BCL-2 IN HEMATOLOGIC MALIGNANCIESLinda M Boxer; Fiscal Year: 2012..We have investigated how the translocated bcl-2 gene is deregulated by the IgH locus and have identified regulatory sites in the bcl-2 promoter and in the 3'IgH enhancers...
- Duck Antibody Genes: Unusual Organization and ExpressionGregory Warr; Fiscal Year: 2007..class-switching, by transcription from I-exon promoters, been conserved in vertebrate evolution? 3) The mammalian IgH locus contains transcriptional enhancers in both the JH to mu intron and 3' of the C-gene cluster...
- TRANSCRIPTION OF IMMUNOGLOBULIN HEAVY CHAIN GENESKathryn Calame; Fiscal Year: 2001DESCRIPTION (Adapted from Investigator's abstract): Elucidating IgH transcriptional regulation is critical for understanding how the humoral immune response is controlled...
- JANE AMANDA SKOK; Fiscal Year: 2016..dependent higher-order looping facilitates RAG-dependent association of homologous (Tcra) and heterologous (Tcra/Igh) antigen receptor alleles at the time of recombination...
- Ann J Feeney; Fiscal Year: 2014..The IgH locus contains over 100 functional Vh genes spanning a 2.5 Mb region...
- Developmental Control of Enhancer FunctionMichael L Atchison; Fiscal Year: 2013..Finally, despite utilizing the same recombination machinery, the IgH and IgL loci are differentially accessible to the recombination machinery during early B cell development...
- FUNCTION OF MATRIX ATTACHMENT REGIONS IN THE IG LOCIANN FEENEY; Fiscal Year: 2000..MARs have been studied in a few model loci, two of which are the IgH and Ig- kappa loci...
- Inhibitors of IgH Gene Enhancers for the Treatment of Multiple MyelomaFRANK W MARCOUX; Fiscal Year: 2013..We have the ability to pharmacologically block the activity of IgH gene enhancers, which are the critical regulatory elements within the IgH locus, an effect that down-regulates MM ..
- MOLECULAR CYTOGENETIC OF DIFFUSE LARGE CELL LYMPHOMARaju Chaganti; Fiscal Year: 2000..Promiscuously rearranging chromosomal sites participate in recurring translocations involving the IGH gene as well as other chromosomal sites suggesting that the candidate genes at these sites may be deregulated either ..
- ACTIVATION INDUCED DEAMINASE (AID) INTERACTING PROTEINSMichel C Nussenzweig; Fiscal Year: 2011..M, Woo EM, Chait BT, San-Martin BR, Nussenzweig MC, McBride KM Amino Terminal Phosphorylation of Activation-Induced Cytidine Deaminase Suppresses c-myc-IgH translocation Mol Cell Biol 2010 Dec 6. [Epub ahead of print]
- Carol E Schrader; Fiscal Year: 2014..However, translocations do occur between oncogenes and the IgH locus, and this can lead to B cell lymphomas...
- Modulation of Autoimmune Diabetes by N-acetyl-D-glucosamine Specific B cellsBRIAN L DIZON; Fiscal Year: 2010..STZ) treated WT C57BL/6 mice, and STZ-treated C57BL/6 mice transgenic for immunoglobulin'heavy chain (IgH Tg) associated with GlcNAc recognition...
- Gene Expression in Myeloma CellsLaurel A Eckhardt; Fiscal Year: 2010..Further study of the regulatory elements in the IgH locus, therefore, must be an essential component of any effort aimed at treating and/or preventing B-lineage cancers,..
- David Kazadi; Fiscal Year: 2014..Indeed, signature translocations of hematological malignancies have been linked to AID (e.g., c-myc/IgH in Burkitt's lymphoma)...
- Role of CTCF in V(D)J RearrangementSTEPHANIE CHRISTINE DEGNER; Fiscal Year: 2010..In addition, other factors involved in stage-specific looping of the Igh locus include Pax5, Ezh2, and Ikaros...
- MAR MEDIATED CONTROL OF THE IgH ENHANCERHaley O Tucker; Fiscal Year: 2012..By understanding more about Foxp1 and the genes deregulated by its over-expression, we can better understand basic mechanisms underlying DLBCL. PHS 398/2590 ..
- Activation of BCL-2 in Hematologic MalgnanciesLINDA BOXER; Fiscal Year: 2007..We have investigated how the translocated bcl-2 gene is deregulated by the IgH locus and have identified regulatory sites in the bcl-2 promoter and in the 3' IgH enhancers...
- Regulation of IgH chain gene expression in B lymphocytesDorothy Yuan; Fiscal Year: 2004..These studies should provide further insight into the longstanding enigma of dual receptor expression on B lymphocytes. ..
- Live cell imaging of IgH and c-Myc gene loci and the role of nuclear organizationMark T Groudine; Fiscal Year: 2010..However, there also may be negative consequences to this organization. In stimulated B cells, the IgH and c-Myc loci often colocalize in shared transcription factories (sites of concentrated active RNA polymerase II), ..
- Long-Range Genetic and Epigenetic Control of Igh Gene AssemblyEugene M Oltz; Fiscal Year: 2010..of recombinase targeting at Tcrb, little is known about the genetic and epigenetic mechanisms controlling Igh gene assembly, especially those that facilitate long-range rearrangement between VH gene segments and rearranged ..
- Marjorie A Oettinger; Fiscal Year: 2014..Fourth, we ask whether rearrangement of other antigen receptor loci in addition to the IgH locus also require RAG2 recognition of H3K4me3 and what the consequences of a failure of RAG2 to bind H3K4me3 are on ..
- Paolo Casali; Fiscal Year: 2016..CSR replaces the expressed IgH constant (CH) region, e.g...
- Functional role of RAG2 H3K4me3 interaction in V(D)J recombinationMarjorie Oettinger; Fiscal Year: 2009..Fourth, we ask whether rearrangement of other antigen receptor loci in addition to the IgH locus also require RAG2 recognition of H3K4me3 and what the consequences of a failure of RAG2 to bind H3K4me3 are on ..
- A TRANSCRIPTION FACTOR WITHIN LIPID RAFTS MODULATES B CELL SIGNALING VIA THE BCRPhilip W Tucker; Fiscal Year: 2010..the immunoglobulin heavy chain (IgH) locus by binding to nuclear matrix attachment regions flanking the IgH intronic enhancer...
- Otoniel Martinez-Maza; Fiscal Year: 2016..Errors in IgH CSR and SHM can lead directly to oncogene mutations and/or translocations that result in ARL...
- Molecular Regulation of VH Gene Replacement in Human Immature B CellsZhixin Zhang; Fiscal Year: 2012..showed that the frequencies of VH replacement products are significantly elevated in autoimmune diseases and in IgH genes encoding anti-viral antibodies, suggesting an unrealized important function of VH replacement...
- Lawrence J Wysocki; Fiscal Year: 2016..In B6.Nba2 Tdt-/- Igh Igk mice, the absence of terminal deoxynucleotidyl transferase (Tdt) enabled us to identify every somatic mutation, ..
- Role of the BCR in B Cell Chronic Lymphocytic LeukemiaDiane F Jelinek; Fiscal Year: 2013..In addition, the somatic hypermutation (SHM) status of the IGHV gene in the leukemic cell BCR is now a validated and powerful prognostic factor...
- Immunoglobulin class switch DNA recombinationPaolo Casali; Fiscal Year: 2011..Finally,we hypothesizethat germline IH-CH transcription and CSR are upregulated bythe IgH 3'enhancer (s'Ea) elements as induced by HoxC4, a highly conserved homeodomain protein that, as we showed, ..
- Catherine T Yan; Fiscal Year: 2016..It is critical for the repair of DSBs generated by V(D)J recombination (VDJ) and IgH class switch recombination (CSR), and general DSBs in all cell types, including those that suppress the capacity of ..
- Amy DeMicco; Fiscal Year: 2015..Complete V(D)J recombination at the IgH locus in B cells, and the TCR[unreadable] locus in T cells upregulates cyclin D3, which then induces a burst of ..
- Immunoglobulin class switch DNA recombinationPaolo Casali; Fiscal Year: 2012..activation by estrogen;(ii) characterization of 5'-AGCT-3'as the major con- served repeats in all IgH switch (S) regions and specific targets of 14-3-3 proteins;(iii) demonstration that 14-3- 3 function as DNA/protein ..
- 3'alpha enhancer regulation by AhR and NF-kappaB/Rel proteinsCOURTNEY ELIZABETH WILLIAMS SULENTIC; Fiscal Year: 2011..cell differentiation, potently inhibits activation of the transcriptional regulatory region found downstream of the IgH locus (3'lgH RR)...
- Next generation sequence analysis of the IgH repertoireAnn J Feeney; Fiscal Year: 2012..Using this new technology, we are now in a position to perform deep sequencing of the entire IgH repertoire in pro-B cells, and thus for the first time, to accurately determine the relative usage of each ..
- Excessive Receptor Editing and Generation of Autoreactive Antibodies in SLEZhixin Zhang; Fiscal Year: 2012..Our initial analyses of 193 IgH genes derived from SLE plasma cells and naove B cells revealed many features of autoantibodies, such as long CDR3 ..
- BCR signaling during B cell development and maintenanceMICHAEL CRAIG CARROLL; Fiscal Year: 2012..focus will be on the relative contributions of the Iga/p heterodimer on the one hand and the cytoplasmic tails of IgH chains of y subclasses on the other, given that the BCRs of most memory B cells carry IgH chains with extended ..
- Frederick W Alt; Fiscal Year: 2016..For these studies, we developed targeted mutation assays to replace endogenous IgH class switch (S) regions and exons encoding IgH variable regions with test sequences that will allow us to determine ..
- Function of the AID C terminus in Ig class switchingJANET M STAVNEZER; Fiscal Year: 2013..Also, the AID C terminus is important for preventing chromosomal translocations between the IgH and c-myc loci...
- Patrick C Swanson; Fiscal Year: 2015..hypothesis of this proposal: that VprBP is necessary for efficient and high-fidelity rearrangement of the large Igh and Igk loci, but not the more compact Igl locus...
- Sten H Vermund; Fiscal Year: 2014..The program is uniquely positioned within the infrastructure of the VU Institute for Global Health (VU IGH),directed by Dr...
- Mark J Rieder; Fiscal Year: 2015..study, we propose to use high-throughput DNA sequencing of T- Cell Receptor (TCR) and Immunoglobulin heavy chain (IgH) genes from peripheral blood to study the reconstitution of the adaptive immune system following cord blood ..
- David J Rawlings; Fiscal Year: 2015..a novel LV platform using the endogenous Btk promoter (Btkp) in association with two alternative elements [the IgH chain enhancer Em or a ubiquitous chromatin opening element (UCOE) element]...
- IMMUNITY IN TRANSGENIC MICEErik Selsing; Fiscal Year: 2010..If ? transgene translocations also do not involve AID then this would provide a convenient model system for genetic analyses of the sequences and proteins important for the IgH translocation process.
- Genetic Analysis of VDJ Recombination RegulationCosmas C Giallourakis; Fiscal Year: 2010..8Mb IgH locus leading to mono-allelic expression of antigen-receptor...
- Factors and DNA Motifs in Ig Class SwitchAmy L Kenter; Fiscal Year: 2012..The murine IgH constant region locus is organized: 5'-V(D)J-C-C?-C?3-C?1-C?2b-C?2a-C?-C?-3'...
- Transcription regulation of B-Cells by TFII-ISHAUNA HUTCHINSON; Fiscal Year: 2009..It was previously shown in vitro that two TFII-I family members bound to a region of the IgH promoter named Downstream Immunological Control Element (DICE)...
- Amy L Kenter; Fiscal Year: 2014..During early B cell development in the bone marrow (BM), V(D)J or VJ joining occurs on the IgH and L chain genes, respectively and is mediated by the RAG recombinase...
- CELLULAR AND STRUCTURAL STUDIES OF MYELOMA MUTANTSBARBARA BIRSHTEIN; Fiscal Year: 2009DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): The Igh locus undergoes massive changes in its DNA during B cell maturation, first at the 5'end of the locus via VDJ joining, and then downstream to involve Ch sequences in CSR...
- Cornelis Murre; Fiscal Year: 2016..The Igh locus is organized into distinct regions that contain multiple variable (VH), diversity (DH), joining (JH) and ..
- Carl L Schildkraut; Fiscal Year: 2016..In the present proposal we will use this powerful approach to examine replication in three model systems: the Igh locus, human and mouse telomeres, and the triplet repeat- containing Fragile X Mental Retardation (FMR1) locus...
- MOLECULAR PATHOGENESIS OF PLASMA CELL NEOPLASMSPETER BERGSAGEL; Fiscal Year: 2001..establish a successful laboratory effort, initially focused on identifying and studying the genes dysregulated by IgH translocation in multiple myeloma...
- A T-independent pathway of B cell responses to oligomannosyl antigens of HIV-1Denong Wang; Fiscal Year: 2013..In this study, we plan to make use of well-established IgH-allotypic mouse models to further characterize the TI-1c pathway of B cell activation and antibody responses to ..
- Arlene H Sharpe; Fiscal Year: 2016..We will use MOG 35-55/IAb tetramer together with MOG TCR transgenic, B cell IgH knockin mice and our PD-1-/-, PD-L1-/-, PD-L2-/- PD-L1/L2-/- mice to investigate how PD-1, PD-L1 and PD-L2 control ..
- JANE AMANDA SKOK; Fiscal Year: 2014..We previously published that inter-locus pairing between Igh and Igk is involved in coordinating rearrangement at the pre-B cell stage so that Igh rearrangement finishes when ..
- Ann J Feeney; Fiscal Year: 2014..Importantly, during the pro-B cell stage, Igh V(D)J recombination takes place and we make the novel hypothesis that transcriptional heterogeneity is of critical ..
- Marginal Zone B Cell RepertoireAnn J Feeney; Fiscal Year: 2010..Due to the similarity in the selective preferences for N- IgH sequences and also for lambda light chains between the transitional T1 compartment and MZ B cells in the bone marrow ..
- Frederick W Alt; Fiscal Year: 2015DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Based on a mutational search of the mouse IgH locus, we have implicated the presence of two types of V(D)J recombinational control elements that depend on the integrity of the 100kb intergenic region ..
- PREVENTION AND ANTIVIRAL TREATMENT FOR EBV LYMPHOMAGENESISJoseph S Pagano; Fiscal Year: 2013..Polyclonal and monoclonal phases will be distinguished both by IgH gene rearrangements and EBV genomic terminal probe analyses...
- Michael R Lieber; Fiscal Year: 2015..In Aim 4, we use a mouse that is naturally monoclonal (via B cell nuclear transfer) at the IgH locus with a VDJ configuration to test for short R-loop formation as the basis for ssDNA within the regions that ..
- Cornelis Murre; Fiscal Year: 2016..Recent studies have provided insight into the 3D-architectures of the immunoglobulin heavy chain (Igh) and [unreadable]-globin loci...
- Demin Wang; Fiscal Year: 2016..of PLC31 and combined roles of PLC31 and PLC32 in pre- BCR-mediated early B cell development, allelic exclusion of IgH chain, activation of the IgL chain loci, and formation of the B cell repertoire, 2) determine the individual and ..
- MAPPING GENES LINKED TO AUTOIMMUNE THYROID DISEASESYaron Tomer; Fiscal Year: 2001..flanking the TSHR gene), 3) thyroid peroxidase (TPO) (marker TPO[+]), 4) thyroglobulin (Tg) (marker MYC), 5) IgH (marker IgH@), 6) IDDM-4 (marker FGF3), and 7) IDDM-5 (marker ESR)...
- MOUSE MODEL OF IGA DEFICIENCY USING GENE TARGETINGGregory Harriman; Fiscal Year: 1993..Embryonic stem cells derived from the murine strain 129 (agouti coat color) will have the Igh alpha constant region exons deleted using homologous recombination techniques...
- Polysaccharide Antibody RepertoiresAlexander H Lucas; Fiscal Year: 2010..Our in vitro studies indicate that IgH allelic polymorphisms can dramatically influence PS Ab function...
- Exploring the Mechanisms of 53BP1-driven Immune Deficiency and DNA RepairPHILLIP CARPENTER; Fiscal Year: 2009..phase" of class switch recombination (CSR), a NHEJ-like mechanism specific to the immunoglobulin heavy chain (IgH) locus of lymphoid B cells...