Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: IGFBP1
Description: insulin like growth factor binding protein 1
Alias: AFBP, IBP1, IGF-BP25, PP12, hIGFBP-1, insulin-like growth factor-binding protein 1, IBP-1, IGF-binding protein 1, IGFBP-1, alpha-pregnancy-associated endometrial globulin, amniotic fluid binding protein, binding protein-25, binding protein-26, binding protein-28, growth hormone independent-binding protein, placental protein 12
Publications289 found, 100 shown here
- Free and total insulin-like growth factor (IGF)-I, -II, and IGF binding protein-1, -2, and -3 serum levels in patients with active thyroid eye diseaseG E Krassas
Department of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Panagia General Hospital, 55132 Thessaloniki, Greece
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 88:132-5. 2003..The increased IGF levels in retrobulbar tissues previously described, appear to be independent of serum IGFs concentration and probably represent autocrine and/or paracrine activity...
- Polymorphisms in IGF-binding protein 1 are associated with impaired renal function in type 2 diabetesRichard H Stephens
Vascular Research Group, Hope Hospital, Salford, UK
Diabetes 54:3547-53. 2005..We genotyped 13 single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) in IGFBP1 gene in 732 representative type 2 diabetic patients from the Salford Diabetes Register...
- Decreased placental expression of hPGH, IGF-I and IGFBP-1 in pregnancies complicated by fetal growth restrictionMaria Koutsaki
Laboratory of Clinical Virology, School of Medicine, University of Crete, Heraklion, Crete, Greece
Growth Horm IGF Res 21:31-6. 2011..This study aimed to evaluate the expression of hPGH, IGF-I, IGFBP-1 and IGFBP-3 genes in placentas from pregnancies complicated by fetal growth restriction (FGR)...
- A cross-sectional analysis of the associations between adult height, BMI and serum concentrations of IGF-I and IGFBP-1 -2 and -3 in the European Prospective Investigation into Cancer and Nutrition (EPIC)Francesca L Crowe
Nuffield Department of Clinical Medicine, University of Oxford, UK
Ann Hum Biol 38:194-202. 2011..Height and BMI are risk factors for several types of cancer and may be related to circulating concentrations of insulin-like growth factor-I (IGF-I), a peptide associated with increased cancer risk...
- Associations of IGF1 and IGFBPs 1 and 3 with all-cause and cardiovascular mortality in older men: the Health In Men StudyBu B Yeap
School of Medicine and Pharmacology, University of Western Australia, Perth, Western Australia, Australia
Eur J Endocrinol 164:715-23. 2011..Controversy remains whether differences in the levels of IGF1 and its binding proteins 1 and 3 (IGFBP1 and IGFBP3) determine health outcomes during ageing...
- The prospective association of serum insulin-like growth factor I (IGF-I) and IGF-binding protein-1 levels with all cause and cardiovascular disease mortality in older adults: the Rancho Bernardo StudyGail A Laughlin
Department of Family and Preventive Medicine, University of California San Diego School of Medicine, La Jolla, California 92093 0607
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 89:114-20. 2004..We conclude that low baseline levels of IGF-I and IGFBP-1 increase the risk of fatal IHD among elderly men and women independent of prevalent IHD and CVD risk factors...
- Endoplasmic reticulum stress induction of insulin-like growth factor-binding protein-1 involves ATF4Alexandre Marchand
INSERM UMR S 747, Universite Paris Descartes, 45 Rue des Saints Peres, 75270 Paris, France
J Biol Chem 281:19124-33. 2006..Increased secretion of IGFBP-1 during hepatic ER stress may thus constitute a signal to modulate cell growth and metabolism and induce a systemic adaptive response...
- Epigenetic inactivation implies independent functions for insulin-like growth factor binding protein (IGFBP)-related protein 1 and the related IGFBPL1 in inhibiting breast cancer phenotypesPaul Smith
The Breakthrough Toby Robins Breast Cancer Research Centre at The Institute of Cancer Research, Mary Jean Mitchell Green Building, Chester Beatty Laboratories, London, UK
Clin Cancer Res 13:4061-8. 2007..To analyze epigenetic regulation of two related genes, insulin-like growth factor binding protein-related protein 1 (IGFBP-rP1) and IGFBPL1, and its significance as a determinant of clinical phenotypes in human breast cancer...
- Reduced serum glycodelin and insulin-like growth factor-binding protein-1 in women with polycystic ovary syndrome during first trimester of pregnancyDaniela J Jakubowicz
Hospital de Clinicas Caracas, and Central University of Venezuela, Caracas 1040, Venezuela
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 89:833-9. 2004..These decreases are likely to be secondary to hyperinsulinemia and reduced insulin sensitivity...
- Role of FOXO1A in the regulation of insulin-like growth factor-binding protein-1 in human endometrial cells: interaction with progesterone receptorJ J Kim
Division of Reproductive Biology Research, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Northwestern University, Chicago, Illinois 60611, USA
Biol Reprod 73:833-9. 2005Insulin-like growth factor-binding protein-1 (IGFBP1) is a major secretory product of the decidualized endometrium...
- Insulin-like growth factor II and binding proteins 1 and 3 from second trimester human amniotic fluid are associated with infant birth weightDaniel K Tisi
School of Dietetics and Human Nutrition, McGill University, Montreal, Canada
J Nutr 135:1667-72. 2005..0283 and 0.0404, respectively). These results show that 2nd trimester AF IGF BP1, BP3, and IGF II may emerge as early indicators of fetal growth...
- Urinary excretion of IGFBP-1 and -3 correlates with disease activity and differentiates focal segmental glomerulosclerosis and minimal change diseaseKirstin Worthmann
Department of Medicine Nephrology, Hannover Medical School, Carl Neuberg Street 1, Hannover, Germany
Growth Factors 28:129-38. 2010..We conclude that the local expression of IGFBPs in podocytes and endothelial cells might contribute to the pathogenesis of glomerular disease and that IGFBP-1 and -3 are potential non-invasive markers of FSGS...
- Effect of the somatostatin analog octreotide acetate on circulating insulin-like growth factor-1 and related peptides in patients with non-metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer: results of a phase II studyTerence W Friedlander
Urologic Oncology Program, Department of Medicine, Helen Diller Family Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
Urol Oncol 30:408-14. 2012..In this study, the efficacy of depot octreotide acetate was prospectively evaluated in patients with CRPC...
- TGFβ1 attenuates expression of prolactin and IGFBP-1 in decidualized endometrial stromal cells by both SMAD-dependent and SMAD-independent pathwaysNicole M Kane
Medical Research Council Human Reproductive Sciences Unit, Centre for Reproductive Biology, Queen s Medical Research Institute, Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
PLoS ONE 5:e12970. 2010..A role for TGFβ1 in decidualization remains to be established and published data concerning effects of TGFβ1 on markers of endometrial decidualization are inconsistent...
- Circulating levels of insulin-like growth factor binding protein-1 in relation to insulin resistance, type 2 diabetes mellitus, and metabolic syndrome (Chennai Urban Rural Epidemiology Study 118)Kuppan Gokulakrishnan
Madras Diabetes Research Foundation and Dr Mohan s Diabetes Specialities Centre, WHO Collaborating Centre for Non communicable Diseases Prevention and Control, IDF Centre for Education, Gopalapuram, Chennai, India
Metabolism 61:43-6. 2012..942; 95% confidence interval, 0.914-0.971; P < .001). Among Asian Indians, lower levels of circulating IGFBP-1 are seen in subjects with IR, T2DM, and MS...
- Insulin-like growth factor-binding protein-1 (IGFBP-1) regulates human schwannoma proliferation, adhesion and survivalS Ammoun
Clinical Neurobiology, Peninsula College for Medicine and Dentistry, Plymouth, UK
Oncogene 31:1710-22. 2012..Thus, IGFBP-1/integrin β1/Src/FAK pathway has a crucial role in merlin-related tumourigenesis and therefore represents an important therapeutic target in the treatment of merlin-deficient tumours...
- The expression of IGFs and IGF binding proteins in human carotid atherosclerosis, and the possible role of IGF binding protein-1 in the regulation of smooth muscle cell proliferationJing Wang
Division of Vascular Surgery, Department of Molecular Medicine and Surgery, Karolinska Institutet, Solna, Sweden
Atherosclerosis 220:102-9. 2012....
- Identification of the sites of phosphorylation in insulin-like growth factor binding protein-1. Regulation of its affinity by phosphorylation of serine 101J I Jones
Department of Medicine, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill 27599
J Biol Chem 268:1125-31. 1993..We conclude that Ser101 represents the major site of phosphorylation containing 63% of the total 32P incorporated and that phosphorylation of Ser101 is important for maintenance of high affinity binding for this growth factor...
- Comparative studies on the regulation of insulin-like growth factor-binding protein-1 (IGFBP-1) and sex hormone-binding globulin (SHBG) production by insulin and insulin-like growth factors in human hepatoma cellsT Kalme
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Helsinki University Central Hospital, Haartmaninkatu 2, FIN 00029 HUCH, Finland
J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol 86:197-200. 2003..We conclude that IGFBP-1 and SHBG are equally sensitive to ambient insulin concentrations in human hepatoma cell cultures, and the production of both proteins is also attenuated by the IGFs...
- Identification of the amniotic fluid insulin-like growth factor binding protein-1 phosphorylation sites and propensity to proteolysis of the isoformsLorenzo Dolcini
Department of Biochemistry A Castellani, University of Pavia, Italy
FEBS J 276:6033-46. 2009....
- Sleeping during the day: effects on the 24-h patterns of IGF-binding protein 1, insulin, glucose, cortisol, and growth hormoneJavaid ur Rehman
Section for Psychology, Department of Clinical Neuroscience, Karolinska Institutet, 171 77 Stockholm, Sweden
Eur J Endocrinol 163:383-90. 2010..We investigated how an acute shift of sleep to the daytime affected IGF-binding protein 1 (IGFBP1), which is a risk factor for diabetes.
- Hepatitis C core protein impairs insulin downstream signalling and regulatory role of IGFBP-1 expressionM Alberstein
Department of Molecular Cell Biology, The Weizmann Institute of Science, Rehovot, Israel
J Viral Hepat 19:65-71. 2012....
- Insulin-like growth factor-binding protein-1 expression in cultured human bone cells: regulation by insulin and glucocorticoidC A Conover
Division of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
Endocrinology 137:3295-301. 1996..Insulin acts through insulin receptors on hOB cells. We postulate that IGFBP-1 produced by osteoblasts in vivo can modulate local actions of IGF on bone formation in response to changes in glucocorticoid and insulin concentrations...
- Total alanine-scanning mutagenesis of insulin-like growth factor I (IGF-I) identifies differential binding epitopes for IGFBP-1 and IGFBP-3Y Dubaquie
Department of Protein Engineering, Genentech, Inc, South San Francisco, California 94080, USA
Biochemistry 38:6386-96. 1999..The fact that the functional binding epitopes on IGF-I are overlapping but distinct for both binding proteins may be exploited to design binding protein-specific IGF variants...
- Administration of human insulin-like growth factor-binding protein-1 increases circulating levels of growth hormone in miceVesna Cingel-Ristic
Laboratory of Pediatrics, Subdivision of Molecular Endocrinology, Erasmus Medical Center, 3000 DR Rotterdam, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Endocrinology 145:4401-7. 2004..In conclusion, GH serum levels increased in response to hIGFBP-1 administration, even in the setting of normal IGF-I levels. This finding suggests a direct involvement of IGFBP-1 in GH secretion...
- IGF-1 and IGF-binding proteins and bone mass, geometry, and strength: relation to metabolic control in adolescent girls with type 1 diabetesLaurie J Moyer-Mileur
Center for Pediatric Nutrition Research, Department of Pediatrics, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, Utah, USA
J Bone Miner Res 23:1884-91. 2008....
- Contiguous localization of the genes encoding human insulin-like growth factor binding proteins 1 (IGBP1) and 3 (IGBP3) on chromosome 7E Ehrenborg
Department of Clinical Genetics, Karolinska Institute, Karolinska Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
Genomics 12:497-502. 1992..Further characterization of the IGBP1 DNA sequence disclosed a duplication of the intron 3-exon 4 junction within the third intron. In addition, we report RFLPs for ApaLI and TaqI in the IGBP1 locus...
- Binding characteristics of pro-insulin-like growth factor-II from cancer patients: binary and ternary complex formation with IGF binding proteins-1 to -6J J Bond
Cooperative Research Centre for Diagnostic Technologies, Brisbane, Queensland 4001, Australia
J Endocrinol 165:253-60. 2000..This may increase the tissue availability of serum pro-IGF-II, allowing its insulin-like potential to be realised...
- Duplication of 7p12.1-p13, including GRB10 and IGFBP1, in a mother and daughter with features of Silver-Russell syndromeC A Joyce
Wessex Regional Genetics Laboratory, Salisbury Health Care Trust, Wilts, UK
Hum Genet 105:273-80. 1999..growth-related genes GRB10 (growth factor receptor-bound protein 10), EGFR (epidermal growth factor receptor) and IGFBP1 (insulin-like growth factor binding protein 1), all of which have been suggested as candidate genes for SRS...
- Serum insulin-like growth factor type 1, insulin-like growth factor-binding protein-1, and insulin-like growth factor-binding protein-3 concentrations in patients with thyroid dysfunctionP Iglesias
Department of Endocrinology, Hospital General de Segovia, Madrid, Spain
Thyroid 11:1043-8. 2001..01). The results of the present study show that thyroid status affects GH/IGF axis. Hypothyroidism is associated with significant reductions of IGF-1 and IGFBP-3, and IGFBP-1 is elevated in both hypothyroidism and hyperthyroidism...
- The regional expression of insulin-like growth factor II (IGF-II) and insulin-like growth factor binding protein-1 (IGFBP-1) in the placentae of women with pre-eclampsiaR J Gratton
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, CIHR Group in Fetal and Neonatal Health and Development, The Child Health Research Institute, The Lawson Health Research Institute, The University of Western Ontario, London, Canada
Placenta 23:303-10. 2002..The altered IGF-II and IGFBP-1 expression at the fetomaternal interface may be important in the pathophysiology of pre-eclampsia...
- Altered placental development and intrauterine growth restriction in IGF binding protein-1 transgenic micePaul A Crossey
Department of Diabetes, Endocrinology and Internal Medicine, Guy s, King s and St Thomas School of Medicine, London, United Kingdom
J Clin Invest 110:411-8. 2002....
- Bone formation in the context of growth retardation induced by hIGFBP-1 overexpression in transgenic miceN Ben Lagha
Laboratoire de Biologie Orofaciale et Pathologie, INSERM EMI U 0110, Universite Paris 7, IFR 58, Institut Biomedical des Cordeliers, Esc E, 2è ét, 15 21 Rue de l Ecole de Médecine, 75270 Paris, France
Connect Tissue Res 43:515-9. 2002..These data show the involvement of the IGF/IGFBP system and more particularly IGFBP-1 in the biomineralization process...
- Regulation of insulin-like growth factor binding protein-1 promoter activity by FKHR and HOXA10 in primate endometrial cellsJ Julie Kim
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Illinois at Chicago College of Medicine and VA Chicago Healthcare System West Side, Chicago, Illinois 60612, USA
Biol Reprod 68:24-30. 2003..These studies show that FKHR and HOXA10 interact directly and can function cooperatively to stimulate IGFBP-1 promoter activity in endometrial cells and perhaps in other settings...
- Acute in vivo elevation of insulin-like growth factor (IGF) binding protein-1 decreases plasma free IGF-I and muscle protein synthesisCharles H Lang
Department of Cellular and Molecular Physiology, Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine, Hershey, Pennsylvania 17033, USA
Endocrinology 144:3922-33. 2003..Hence, elevations in circulating and tissue levels of IGFBP-1 may be an important mediator for the muscle catabolism observed in various stress conditions...
- Matrix metalloprotease-3 and -9 proteolyze insulin-like growth factor-binding protein-1Hedley A Coppock
Endocrine Sciences, School of Biological Sciences, University of Manchester, Manchester M13 9PT, UK
Biol Reprod 71:438-43. 2004..These findings suggest cleavage of IGFBP-1 as a novel mechanism in the control of placental development by matrix metalloproteases...
- Structure and properties of the C-terminal domain of insulin-like growth factor-binding protein-1 isolated from human amniotic fluidAlberto Sala
Department of Biochemistry A Castellani, University of Pavia, Italy
J Biol Chem 280:29812-9. 2005..Iron (II) decreases the binding of intact IGFBP-1 and the C-terminal domain to IGF-II, suggesting that the metal binding site is close to or part of the surface of interaction of the two molecules...
- Insulin-like growth factor binding protein (IGFBP-1) involvement in intrauterine growth retardation: study on IGFBP-1 overexpressing transgenic miceNadia Ben Lagha
Laboratoire de Biologie Oro Faciale et Pathologie, Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale Unité 714, Institut Biomedical des Cordeliers, 15 21 Rue de l Ecole de Médecine, 75006 Paris, France
Endocrinology 147:4730-7. 2006..Similar perturbations could be observed in human intrauterine growth retardation suggesting the IGF/IGFBP system is involved in fetal growth, biomineralization, and energetic status in humans...
- The insulin-like growth factor-binding protein 1 gene is a primary target of peroxisome proliferator-activated receptorsTatjana Degenhardt
Department of Biochemistry and A I Virtanen Institute, University of Kuopio, FIN 70211 Kuopio, Finland
J Biol Chem 281:39607-19. 2006..We also show that these additional PPAR binding genes contain a number of candidate PPREs and that their mRNA levels respond quickly to the presence of PPAR ligands, indicating that they are also primary PPAR target genes...
- Common genetic variation in IGF1, IGFBP-1, and IGFBP-3 in relation to mammographic density: a cross-sectional studyRulla M Tamimi
Channing Laboratory, Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, 181 Longwood Avenue, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Breast Cancer Res 9:R18. 2007....
- Strong suppression of tumor growth by insulin-like growth factor-binding protein-related protein 1/tumor-derived cell adhesion factor/mac25Yuichiro Sato
Division of Cell Biology, Kihara Institute for Biological Research, Yokohama City University, 641 12 Maioka cho, Totsuka ku, Yokohama 244 0813, Japan
Cancer Sci 98:1055-63. 2007..Cell surface IGFBP-rP1 may reduce the anchorage-independent growth ability, leading to the marked loss of tumorigenicity...
- Genetic determinants of circulating insulin-like growth factor (IGF)-I, IGF binding protein (BP)-1, and IGFBP-3 levels in a multiethnic populationIona Cheng
Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, University of California, San Francisco, California 94143 0794, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 92:3660-6. 2007..Both circulating levels and genetic variation of IGFs have been associated with cancer risk, yet the relationship between the two is not well understood...
- Insulin-like growth factor binding protein 1 stimulates cell migration and binds to the alpha 5 beta 1 integrin by means of its Arg-Gly-Asp sequenceJ I Jones
Department of Medicine, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill 27599 7170
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 90:10553-7. 1993..The effect of IGFBP-1 on migration is independent of IGF-I and is probably mediated through the alpha 5 beta 1 integrin...
- Insulin-like growth factor-binding proteins in serum and other biological fluids: regulation and functionsS Rajaram
Mineral Metabolism Laboratory, Jerry L Pettis Memorial Veterans Administration Medical Center, Loma Linda, California 92357, USA
Endocr Rev 18:801-31. 1997
- Reduced IGFBP-1 is associated with thickening of the carotid wall in type 2 diabetesEeva S Leinonen
Department of Internal Medicine, Helsinki University Central Hospital, Helsinki, Finland
Diabetes Care 25:1807-12. 2002..The aim of the present study was to assess the role of the insulin-like growth factor (IGF) system and lipids in predicting the carotid intima-media thickness (IMT) in type 2 diabetes...
- Cellular actions of the insulin-like growth factor binding proteinsSue M Firth
Kolling Institute of Medical Research, University of Sydney, Royal North Shore Hospital, St Leonards, New South Wales 2065, Australia
Endocr Rev 23:824-54. 2002..Because IGFBPs regulate cell functions by diverse mechanisms, manipulation of IGFBP-regulated pathways is speculated to offer therapeutic opportunities in cancer and other diseases...
- Impaired hepatocyte DNA synthetic response posthepatectomy in insulin-like growth factor binding protein 1-deficient mice with defects in C/EBP beta and mitogen-activated protein kinase/extracellular signal-regulated kinase regulationJulia I Leu
Department of Genetics, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
Mol Cell Biol 23:1251-9. 2003..These findings are the first demonstration of the involvement of IGFBP-1 in the regulation of in vivo mitogenic signaling pathways...
- Polymorphisms of genes coding for insulin-like growth factor 1 and its major binding proteins, circulating levels of IGF-I and IGFBP-3 and breast cancer risk: results from the EPIC studyF Canzian
International Agency for Research on Cancer, Lyon, France
Br J Cancer 94:299-307. 2006..We genotyped 23 common single nucleotide polymorphisms in IGF1, IGFBP1, IGFBP3 and IGFALS, and measured serum levels of IGF-I and IGFBP-3 in samples of cases and controls...
- Insulin-like growth factor-binding protein-1 in the prediction and development of type 2 diabetes in middle-aged Swedish menM S Lewitt
Department of Molecular Medicine and Surgery, Karolinska Institutet, Karolinska University Hospital, Stockholm, SE 171 76, Sweden
Diabetologia 51:1135-45. 2008..The aim of this study was to evaluate the predictive role and change in IGFBP-1 concentrations during development of abnormal glucose regulation...
- IGF-1, IGFBP-1, and IGFBP-3 polymorphisms predict circulating IGF levels but not breast cancer risk: findings from the Breast and Prostate Cancer Cohort Consortium (BPC3)Alpa V Patel
Department of Epidemiology and Surveillance Research, American Cancer Society, Atlanta, Georgia, United States of America
PLoS ONE 3:e2578. 2008..We comprehensively examined the association between common genetic variation in the IGF1, IGFBP1, and IGFBP3 genes in relation to circulating IGF-I and IGFBP-3 levels and breast cancer risk within the NCI Breast ..
- Insulin-like growth factor-1- and interleukin-6-related gene variation and risk of multiple myelomaBrenda M Birmann
Channing Laboratory, Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 18:282-8. 2009..Nonetheless, the data are consistent with the hypothesis that IGF-1- and IL-6-related gene variation influences susceptibility to multiple myeloma and warrant confirmation in larger populations...
- Common genetic variation in IGF1, IGFBP1 and IGFBP3 and ovarian cancer riskKathryn L Terry
Obstetrics and Gynecology Epidemiology Center, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Carcinogenesis 30:2042-6. 2009..We evaluated genetic variation in the IGF1, IGFBP1 and IGFBP3 genes in relation to ovarian cancer risk by genotyping 29 haplotype-tagging single nucleotide ..
- Copeptin, IGFBP-1, and cardiovascular prognosis in patients with type 2 diabetes and acute myocardial infarction: a report from the DIGAMI 2 trialLinda G Mellbin
Department of Medicine, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
Diabetes Care 33:1604-6. 2010..To determine whether C-terminal provasopressin (copeptin) explains the prognostic importance of insulin growth factor binding protein-1 (IGFBP-1) in patients with myocardial infarction and type 2 diabetes...
- Increasing circulating IGFBP1 levels improves insulin sensitivity, promotes nitric oxide production, lowers blood pressure, and protects against atherosclerosisAdil Rajwani
Division of Cardiovascular and Diabetes Research, MultidisciplinaryCardiovascular Research Centre, University of Leeds, Leeds, U K
Diabetes 61:915-24. 2012Low concentrations of insulin-like growth factor (IGF) binding protein-1 (IGFBP1) are associated with insulin resistance, diabetes, and cardiovascular disease...
- Insulin-like growth factor 2 (IGF2 ) and IGF-binding protein 1 (IGFBP1) gene variants are associated with overfeeding-induced metabolic changesO Ukkola
Pennington Biomedical Research Center, Louisiana State University, 6400 Perkins Road, Baton Rouge, LA 70808 4124, USA
Diabetologia 44:2231-6. 2001The aim of this study was to investigate the role of insulin-like growth factor 1 (IGF1), IGF2, IGF binding protein 1 (IGFBP1) and IGFBP3 gene variants on the metabolic changes observed in response to a 100-day overfeeding protocol ..
- Vascular endothelial function and blood pressure homeostasis in mice overexpressing IGF binding protein-1Stephen B Wheatcroft
Department of Cardiology, Guy s, King s and St Thomas School of Medicine, London, UK
Diabetes 52:2075-82. 2003..Our data suggest that IGFBP-1 plays an important and potentially beneficial role in regulating metabolic and vascular homeostasis...
- Insulin-like growth factor binding protein-1 is independently affected by ethnicity, insulin sensitivity, and leptin in healthy, glucose-tolerant young menChoon F Liew
Department of Medicine, National University of Singapore, 5 Lower Kent Ridge Road, Singapore
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 90:1483-8. 2005..The presence of relative insulin resistance and low fasting IGFBP-1 levels in Asian Indians may contribute to their higher risk of developing diabetes and cardiovascular disease...
- Haplotype-based association studies of IGFBP1 and IGFBP3 with prostate and breast cancer risk: the multiethnic cohortIona Cheng
Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics and Center for Human Genetics, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, California, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 15:1993-7. 2006..To examine whether inherited differences in the IGFBP1 and IGFBP3 genes influence prostate and breast cancer susceptibility, we conducted two large population-based ..
- High insulinlike growth factor binding protein 1 level predicts incident congestive heart failure in the elderlyRobert C Kaplan
Department of Epidemiology and Population Health, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY 10461, USA
Am Heart J 155:1006-12. 2008..We investigated the association between fasting plasma levels of IGF-I, IGFBP-1, IGFBP-3, and insulin and risk of incident CHF in the prospective Cardiovascular Health Study...
- Insulin-like growth factor binding protein-1 is a long-term predictor of heart failure in survivors of a first acute myocardial infarction and population controlsImre Janszky
Department of Public Health Sciences, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
Int J Cardiol 138:50-5. 2010..Only a few studies have investigated the prospective relationship between insulin-like growth factor binding protein-1 (IGFBP-1) and cardiovascular events and the results are conflicting...
- Genetic variation and circulating levels of IGF-I and IGFBP-3 in relation to risk of proliferative benign breast diseaseXuefen Su
Channing Laboratory, Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Int J Cancer 126:180-90. 2010..These results suggest that genetic variants and circulating levels of IGFBP-3 may play a role in the early stage of breast carcinogenesis...
- IGF1 and its binding proteins 3 and 1 are differentially associated with metabolic syndrome in older menBu B Yeap
School of Medicine and Pharmacology, University of Western Australia, Perth, Western Australia 6009, Australia
Eur J Endocrinol 162:249-57. 2010..The relationship between IGF-binding proteins 3 and 1 (IGFBP3 and IGFBP1) with risk of cardiovascular disease remains unclear...
- Common genetic variation within IGFI, IGFII, IGFBP-1, and IGFBP-3 and endometrial cancer riskMonica McGrath
Department of Epidemiology, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Gynecol Oncol 120:174-8. 2011..Our hypothesis is that variant alleles in key genes involved in the IGF pathway will influence the development of endometrial cancer...
- The N-terminal disulfide linkages of human insulin-like growth factor-binding protein-6 (hIGFBP-6) and hIGFBP-1 are different as determined by mass spectrometryG M Neumann
Department of Biochemistry, LaTrobe University, Bundoora, Victoria 3083, Australia
J Biol Chem 274:14587-94. 1999..The N-terminal linkages of IGFBP-6 differ significantly from those of IGFBP-1 (and, by implication, the other IGFBPs), which could contribute to the distinctive IGF binding properties of IGFBP-6...
- Hypoxia regulates insulin-like growth factor-binding protein 1 in human fetal hepatocytes in primary culture: suggestive molecular mechanisms for in utero fetal growth restriction caused by uteroplacental insufficiencyR M Popovici
Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, Stanford University Medical School, Stanford, California 94305, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 86:2653-9. 2001..The data support a role for the fetal liver as a source of elevated circulating levels of IGFBP-1 in fetuses with in utero hypoxia and IUGR...
- Insulin-like growth factor I (IGF-I) and IGF binding protein-1 modulate prostate cancer cell growth and apoptosis: possible mediators for the effects of diet and exercise on cancer cell survivalTung H Ngo
Department of Physiological Science, University of California, Los Angeles, California 90095, USA
Endocrinology 144:2319-24. 2003..DE results in a decrease in serum IGF-I with increased IGFBP-1 in vivo that is associated with apoptosis and reduced LNCaP and LAPC-4 prostate cancer cell growth in vitro...
- Reproductive abnormalities in human insulin-like growth factor-binding protein-1 transgenic male micePascal Froment
Physiologie de la Reproduction et des Comportements, Unité Mixte de Recherche 6073, Institut National de la Recherche Agronomique Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique Université F Rabelais de Tours, 37380 Nouzilly, France
Endocrinology 145:2080-91. 2004..Our observations are consistent with the idea that normal spermatogenesis and perhaps also steroidogenesis are dependent on the actions of sufficient concentrations of unbound IGF-I...
- Metabolic, anthropometric, and nutritional factors as predictors of circulating insulin-like growth factor binding protein-1 levels in middle-aged and elderly menKatarina Wolk
Department of Medicine, Karolinska Institutet, SE 17177 Stockholm
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 89:1879-84. 2004..Our data suggest that metabolic, anthropometric, and nutritional factors are important determinants of IGFBP-1 levels in healthy men...
- Regulation of homeobox A10 expression in the primate endometrium by progesterone and embryonic stimuliG B Godbole
National Institute for Research in Reproductive Health, Indian Council of Medical Research, JM Street, Parel, Mumbai 400012, India
Reproduction 134:513-23. 2007..In addition, the mRNA expression of HOXA11 and insulin-like growth factor-binding protein 1 (IGFBP1) was evaluated by real-time PCR in these animals...
- Effects of insulin-like growth factors (IGF) on pancreatic islet function in IGF binding protein-1 transgenic miceS T Dheen
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, Canada
Diabetologia 39:1249-54. 1996..Rather, the data suggest that the hyperglycaemia or local effects of IGFBP-1 over-expression results in a state of enhanced insulin secretion which persists under short-term in vitro culture conditions...
- Body composition and circulating levels of insulin, insulin-like growth factor-binding protein-1 and growth hormone (GH)-binding protein affect the pharmacokinetics of GH in adults independently of ageTroels Krarup Hansen
Medical Department M Endocrinology and Diabetes, Aarhus University Hospital, DK 8000 Aarhus C, Denmark
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 87:2185-93. 2002....
- Experimental murine endometriosis induces DNA methylation and altered gene expression in eutopic endometriumBanghyun Lee
Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Reproductive Sciences, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut 06520, USA
Biol Reprod 80:79-85. 2009..Insulin-like growth factor binding protein-1 (Igfbp1) mRNA was decreased in the endometriosis group...
- Inhibition of matrix metalloproteinases prevents the synthesis of insulin-like growth factor binding protein-1 during decidualization in the baboonZuzana Strakova
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, Illinois 60612 7313, USA
Endocrinology 144:5339-46. 2003..Disruption of actin filaments enhances IGFBP-1 induction. Thus, our data imply that IL-1beta-induced MMPs and particularly MMP-3 may up-regulate IGFBP-1 by disrupting the actin cytoskeleton as a result of ECM degradation...
- C-peptide, insulin-like growth factor binding protein-1, glycosylated hemoglobin, and the risk of distal colorectal adenoma in womenEsther K Wei
Channing Laboratory, Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 15:750-5. 2006..However, few studies have evaluated whether these factors are also associated with risk of colorectal adenoma, the main precursor lesion to colorectal cancer...
- Omeprazole stimulates the induction of human insulin-like growth factor binding protein-1 through aryl hydrocarbon receptor activationIain A Murray
Center for Molecular Toxicology and Carcinogenesis, Department of Veterinary and Biomedical Sciences, 309A Life Sciences Bldg, The Pennsylvania State University, University Park, PA 16802, USA
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 324:1102-10. 2008..These data demonstrate that activation of hAhR by pharmaceuticals such as omeprazole can alter IGFBP-1 expression and thus may influence IGFBP-1-dependent physiological processes...
- Hoxa5 overexpression correlates with IGFBP1 upregulation and postnatal dwarfism: evidence for an interaction between Hoxa5 and Forkhead box transcription factorsIsabelle Foucher
CNRS UMR 8542, Ecole Normale Superieure, 46 rue d Ulm, 75230 Paris Cedex 05, France
Development 129:4065-74. 2002..present a liver phenotype illustrated by a 12-fold increase in liver insulin-like growth factor binding protein 1 (IGFBP1) mRNA and a 50% decrease in liver insulin-like growth factor 1 (IGF1) mRNA correlated with a 50% decrease in ..
- Circulating IGF binding protein-1 is inversely associated with leptin in non-obese men and obese postmenopausal womenS Soderberg
Department of Medicine, Umea University Hospital, Sweden
Eur J Endocrinol 144:283-90. 2001..We therefore examined the relationship between leptin, IGF-I, IGFBP-1, insulin and proinsulin in men and women with or without obesity in a population study...
- A prospective study of C-peptide, insulin-like growth factor-I, insulin-like growth factor binding protein-1, and the risk of colorectal cancer in womenEsther K Wei
Channing Laboratory, Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, 3rd Floor, 181 Longwood Avenue, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 14:850-5. 2005..Although altering IGF-I levels may not be practical, the growing burden of obesity and consequently hyperinsulinemia, which seems increasingly important for colon cancer, may be a target for effective prevention...
- Metformin therapy increases insulin-like growth factor binding protein-1 in hyperinsulinemic women with polycystic ovary syndromeLeszek Pawelczyk
Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, Karol Marcinkowski University of Medical Sciences, ul Polna 33, 60 535 Poznan, Poland
Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol 113:209-13. 2004..and increased levels of free insulin-like growth factor-I (IGF-I), presumably due to a decline in IGF binding protein 1 (IGFBP-1)...
- Systemic and renal growth hormone-IGF1 axis involvement in a mouse model of type 2 diabetesY Segev
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Faculty of Health Sciences, Ben Gurion University of the Negev, Beer Sheva, Israel
Diabetologia 50:1327-34. 2007..We therefore examined the endocrine and renal GH-IGF axis changes in db/db mice, a model of type 2 diabetes mellitus and nephropathy...
- Phospholipase D1 as a key enzyme for decidualization in human endometrial stromal cellsMee Sup Yoon
Department of Biochemistry, College of Medicine, Hanyang University, Seoul 133 791, Korea
Biol Reprod 76:250-8. 2007..morphology and produced significant amounts of prolactin (PRL) and insulin-like growth factor-binding protein 1 (IGFBP1). Simultaneously, the activity and expression levels of PLD1 increased...
- Insulin-like growth factor binding protein-1 in the ruminant uterus: potential endometrial marker and regulator of conceptus elongationRebecca M Simmons
Department of Animal Science, Texas A and M University, College Station, Texas 77843, USA
Endocrinology 150:4295-305. 2009..in the ovine and bovine uterus; effects of P4 and IFNT on their expression in the ovine uterus; and effects of IGFBP1 on ovine trophectoderm cell proliferation, migration, and attachment...
- Stimulation of IGF-binding protein-1 secretion by AMP-activated protein kinaseM S Lewitt
Department of Molecular Medicine, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, S 171 76, Sweden
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 282:1126-31. 2001..001) and, in the presence of AICAR, was incompletely inhibited by insulin. In conclusion AMPK is identified as a novel regulatory pathway for IGFBP-1, stimulating secretion and blocking the inhibitory effect of insulin...
- Regulation of hepatic insulin-like growth factor-binding protein-1 gene expression by insulin: central role for mammalian target of rapamycin independent of forkhead box O proteinsCatherine Mounier
Polypeptide Hormone Laboratory, Faculty of Medicine, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Endocrinology 147:2383-91. 2006..In conclusion, we have found that in rat liver, insulin inhibition of IGFBP-1 mRNA levels can occur in the absence of the phosphorylation of Foxo1/Foxo3, whereas activation of the mTOR pathway is both necessary and sufficient...
- Signal transducer and activator of transcription (Stat) 5b-mediated inhibition of insulin-like growth factor binding protein-1 gene transcription: a mechanism for repression of gene expression by growth hormoneMitsuru Ono
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Oregon Health and Science University, 3181 Southwest Sam Jackson Road, Portland, Oregon 97239, USA
Mol Endocrinol 21:1443-57. 2007....
- Regulation of insulin-like growth factor binding protein-1 expression during agingKristina Rutkute
Department of Physiology, University of Kentucky College of Medicine, A B Chandler Medical Center, 800 Rose St, Lexington, KY 40536, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 361:263-9. 2007....
- Circulating insulin-like growth factor binding protein-1 and the risk of pancreatic cancerBrian M Wolpin
Department of Medical Oncology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, MA 02115, USA
Cancer Res 67:7923-8. 2007..30; 95% CI, 1.48-7.35). Among participants in four U.S. prospective cohort studies, low plasma IGFBP-1 levels significantly predicted an increased risk of pancreatic cancer...
- Cell stress gives a red light to the mitochondrial cell death pathwayM Eugenia Guicciardi
Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, 200 First Street SW, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Sci Signal 1:pe9. 2008..It appears that p53-mediated induction of the gene that encodes insulin-like growth factor-binding protein-1 (IGFBP1) attenuates the cell death response in hepatocytes by preventing the formation of a complex between p53 and the ..
- Insulin-like growth factor binding protein 1 as a novel specific marker of hepatic insulin sensitivityAnna Kotronen
Department of Medicine, Division of Diabetes, University of Helsinki, P O Box 700, Room C425B, FIN 00029 HUCH, Helsinki, Finland
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 93:4867-72. 2008The liver is the main source and insulin the main regulator of IGF binding protein 1 (IGFBP-1) in humans...
- Expressions of hepatic genes, especially IGF-binding protein-1, correlating with serum corticosterone in microarray analysisR Y S Cheng
Laboratory of Comparative Carcinogenesis, National Cancer Institute at Frederick, Building 538, Ft Detrick, Frederick, Maryland 21701, USA
J Mol Endocrinol 32:257-78. 2004....
- Progestagenic effects of tibolone are target gene-specific in human endometrial cellsWei Zhang
Department of Obstetrics Gynecology and Reproductive Medicine, SUNY Stony Brook, Stony Brook, New York 11794, USA
J Soc Gynecol Investig 13:459-65. 2006..The purpose of the current study was to determine the progestagenic actions of Tib and its metabolites using target genes known to be regulated by progestins in human endometrial glandular and stromal cells...
- Altered expression of HOXA10 in endometriosis: potential role in decidualizationJ Julie Kim
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Northwestern University, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
Mol Hum Reprod 13:323-32. 2007..baboons with endometriosis expressed significantly higher levels of insulin-like growth factor binding protein-1 (IGFBP1) mRNA than disease-free animals in response to estradiol, medroxyprogesterone acetate and dibutyryl cAMP (H + ..
- Progesterone decreases bone morphogenetic protein (BMP) 7 expression and BMP7 inhibits decidualization and proliferation in endometrial stromal cellsAko Kodama
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Tokyo, 7 3 1 Hongo, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 8655, Japan
Hum Reprod 25:751-6. 2010..In the present study, we examined the expression of BMP7 in the endometrium and the effect of BMP7 on decidualization and proliferation of endometrial stromal cells (ESC)...
- Autocrine prolactin inhibits human uterine decidualization: a novel role for prolactinOri Eyal
Division of Endocrinology, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, University of Cincinnati School of Medicine, Cincinnati, Ohio 45229 3039, USA
Biol Reprod 76:777-83. 2007..significantly lower levels of mRNA for the genes that encode insulin-like growth factor binding protein 1 (IGFBP1), left-right determination factor 2 (LEFTY2), PRL, decorin (DCN), and laminin alpha 1 (LAMA1), all of which are ..
- Human transcriptional coactivator with PDZ-binding motif (TAZ) is downregulated during decidualizationZuzana Strakova
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Illinois at Chicago, IL 60612, USA
Biol Reprod 82:1112-8. 2010..start site) of the genomic region of decidualization marker insulin-like growth factor-binding protein 1 (IGFBP1) in HuF cells as detected by chromatin immunoprecipitation...
- An antibody profile of systemic lupus erythematosus detected by antigen microarrayIttai Fattal
Department of Nephrology, Rabin Medical Center, Petach Tikva, Israel
Immunology 130:337-43. 2010..IgM reactivities to myeloperoxidase (MPO), CD99, collagen III, insulin-like growth factor binding protein 1 (IGFBP1) and cardiolipin...
- Sex hormone regulation of survivin gene expressionNancy H Nabilsi
Department of Integrative Biology and Pharmacology, University of Texas Health Science Center Houston, 6431 Fannin Street, MSB 5 132A, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
J Endocrinol 207:237-43. 2010..Quantitative RT-PCR analysis was used to determine survivin, insulin-like growth factor binding protein 1 (IGFBP1), Ki67, and IGF1 gene expression levels...
- Insulin-like growth factors in breast cancerS I Helle
Department of Oncology, Haukeland University Hospital, Bergen, Norway
Acta Oncol 35:19-22. 1996....
- Interactions of thyroid hormones; insulin-like growth factor-1 (IGF-1), IGF binding proteins, and nutritional anthropometric parameters in school children with goiter detected by palpationB Ersoy
Division of Pediatric Endocrinology and Metabolism, Department of Pediatrics, Medical School, Celal Bayar University, Manisa
Exp Clin Endocrinol Diabetes 117:490-5. 2009....
- Free insulin-like growth factor 1 in the vitreous fluid of diabetic patients with proliferative diabetic retinopathy: a case-control studyRafael Simo
Division of Endocrinology, Hospital General Vall d Hebron, Barcelona 08035, Spain
Clin Sci (Lond) 104:223-30. 2003..In addition, these findings support the concept that intraocular-produced free IGF-1 plays a relevant role in retinal homoeostasis...
- Developmental changes in serum levels of free and total insulin-like growth factor I (IGF-I), IGF-binding protein-1 and -3, and the acid-labile subunit in ratsJ Frystyk
Institute of Experimental Clinical Research, Medical Research Laboratories, Aarhus University Hospital, Denmark
Endocrinology 139:4286-92. 1998..However, in humans the adult level of fIGF-I rarely exceeds 0.3 nmol/liter, and IGFBP-1 usually circulates in excess of fIGF-I. Thus, our results also imply species differences in the IGF systems of humans and rats...
- MOLECULAR REGULATION OF IGF BINDING PROTEIN 1Terry Unterman; Fiscal Year: 2003..Hence, IGFBP1 provides an important model for understanding evolutionarily conserved mechanisms mediating effects of insulin-..
- FUNCTIONAL STUDIES OF IGF BINDING PROTEIN-1Teresa Wood; Fiscal Year: 1999..These studies will provide a better understanding of the in vivo role of IGFBP- 1 in growth and metabolism during normal states and in specific pathological conditions. ..
- Treatment of Breast Cancer with IGFBP1Douglas Yee; Fiscal Year: 2006..Our long-term goal is to prove that the IGFs are key targets for the treatment of breast cancer. By optimizing IGF neutralization strategies, we will be prepared to move this anti-IGF strategy into the clinic. ..
- Gender differences in Bone Loss and Incident FracturesElizabeth L Barrett Connor; Fiscal Year: 2010..Recently completed assays performed on blood obtained at earlier visits include IGF-1, IGFBP1, IL-6, C-reactive protein, PTH and 25 OH and 1,25 (OH)2 vitamin D...
- Cardiovascular Disease Biomarkers and Mediation of Hormone Therapy EffectsRoss L Prentice; Fiscal Year: 2012..1, thrombospondin 1, complement factor D preprotein, glutathione peroxidase 3, and insulin-like binding protein 1 (IGFBP1)...
- Ceramide and acute phase protein elevation during agingMariana Nikolova Karakashian; Fiscal Year: 2009..Interleukin 1β(IL-1β) is significantly augmented during aging causing an excessive production of IGFBP1, a secretory hepatic protein that binds to the Insulin-like Growth Factor 1 (IGF1) and neutralizes its bioactivity...
- Obesity and Diabetes Familial Risk in Hispanic ChildrenNancy F Butte; Fiscal Year: 2012..In this project, we propose to identify variants in genes that influence fasting glucose, insulin, ghrelin and IGFBP1 in Hispanic children...
- Mariana Nikolova-Karakashian; Fiscal Year: 2015..IL-12), a major mediator of systemic inflammation, is augmented during aging leading to excessive production of IGFBP1, a protein that is secreted by the liver, binds to the Insulin-like Growth Factor 1 (IGF1), and neutralizes its ..
- Insulin Resistance and Adenomas of the ColorectumSteven Haffner; Fiscal Year: 2003..Serum samples will be assayed for insulin, IGF-1, IGFBP1, and IGFBP3 levels for all cohort members at both the time of colonoscopy, as well as at the time of two earlier ..
- Insulin Resistance and Adenomas of the ColorectumMohammed Saad; Fiscal Year: 2003..Serum samples will be assayed for insulin, IGF-1, IGFBP1, and IGFBP3 levels for all cohort members at both the time of colonoscopy, as well as at the time of two earlier ..
- PDGF AND IGF AND CHRONIC ALLOGRAFT REJECTIONPeter Nickerson; Fiscal Year: 2000..The data from these experiments will either support or refute the primary hypothesis that PDGF-B and IGF-I are associated with the development of chronic allograft pathology. ..
- REVERSAL OF DECLINE OF GH SECRETION OF AGINGMichael Thorner; Fiscal Year: 2002..adults with increased visceral fat, administration of metformin, a biguanide, for 4 weeks will lower insulin levels without changing blood glucose, will increase circulating IGFBP1 levels and thus enhance GH secretion in older adults.
- Genetic Epidemiology of Breast Cancer: BRCA1 and BRCA2Susan Neuhausen; Fiscal Year: 2007..Our specific aims are: Aim 1) to genotype Single Nucleotide Polymorphisms (SNPs) in IGF1, IGF1R, IGFBP1, IGFBP3, IRS1, and SHBG in 100 unrelated Caucasian and African Americans and identify haplotype blocks by linkage ..
- REGULATION OF CELL DIFFERENTATION DURING DECIDUALIZATIONZuzana Strakova; Fiscal Year: 2002..We anticipate that our ongoing studies will contribute to find therapies to treat endometrial dysfunctions associated with infertility, habitual abortions and/or insufficient placental development. ..
- Mechanisms of Atherosclerosis and CVD in HIV+ WomenRobert Kaplan; Fiscal Year: 2009..This investigation will have major implications for the development of strategies to predict, prevent, or reverse atherosclerosis in HIV- infected women. ..
- Epidemiology of IGF and Cardiovascular EventsRobert Kaplan; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- Cell Differentation During DecidualizationZuzana Strakova; Fiscal Year: 2010..Thus, in the long term our studies might provide new targets of intervention leading to improvements in diagnosis and treatment. ..
- Mechanisms of Progesterone Receptor Action in EndometriosisJI YONG JULIE KIM; Fiscal Year: 2010..These aims will increase the understanding of progesterone resistance in endometriosis as well as investigate the use of targeted biological agents as an alternate treatment for endometriosis. ..
- Management of Pediatric Type 2 Diabetes MellitusLORRAINE KATZ; Fiscal Year: 2008..New and existing partnerships will be forged and reinforced with members of the Philadelphia community to implement lifestyle changes. ..
- Prognosis in BRCA1 Associated Breast CancerPamela Goodwin; Fiscal Year: 2007..Because this research is nested within the CFRBCS, the objectives can be addressed in a timely and cost effective manner. ..
- A Pooled Analysis to Identify New Ovarian Cancer Risk FactorsCeleste Leigh Pearce; Fiscal Year: 2010..Gaining a better understanding of ovarian cancer, which this project will provide, is critical to identifying women at risk and for improving the outcome for women who are diagnosed with this disease. ..
- MYOCARDIAL PROTEIN SYNTHESIS AFTER ALCOHOL INTOXICATIONCharles H Lang; Fiscal Year: 2010..Overall, the research design will establish the mechanism by which myocardial protein synthesis is reduced in response to alcohol abuse. ..
- Aspartame Intake and the Risk of CancerEva Schernhammer; Fiscal Year: 2008..Our results may help decision-makers formulate guidelines and direct future aspartame studies. Even a null finding would be important in this context. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Effects of Light at Night on Circadian System in NursesEva Schernhammer; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Antiretroviral-Induced Defects in Muscle Protein SynthesisCharles H Lang; Fiscal Year: 2010..Such data is needed to both realize the full potential and avoid possible pitfalls of this drug in the long-term treatment of HIV-infected individuals. ..
- Clock Genes, Night Work, and Breast Cancer RiskEva Schernhammer; Fiscal Year: 2008..The results from this study could help identify individuals who are more susceptible to night work than others, based on their genetic profile. ..
- The Role of Prolactin in the Etiology of Postmenopausal Breast CancerShelley Tworoger; Fiscal Year: 2008..This potentially may affect public health by increasing our understanding of how breast cancer develops, which in turn can lead to a better understanding of how to prevent this disease. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Analytical Reconstruction of Feedback Signaling in Aging MenJohannes Veldhuis; Fiscal Year: 2008..The present proposal develops a general biomathematical framework for dissecting otherwise observed pathways that control hormone output in aging, stress and disease. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Novel Active Repressor Model of Human LDL-Receptor RegulationJohannes Veldhuis; Fiscal Year: 2008..This would represent a new treatment approach for patients with atherosclerotic disease. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- A Pilot Trial of Oral Melatonin Supplementation in Breast Cancer SurvivorsEva Schernhammer; Fiscal Year: 2007..This pilot data could lay the groundwork for a large scale trial to assess the chemopreventive potential of melatonin in women, both with and without a personal history of breast cancer. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Ensemble Disruption of the GnRH-LH-Testosterone AxisJohannes Veldhuis; Fiscal Year: 2007..Expected corollary outcomes are enhanced diagnosis, assessment and management of more subtle pathophysiology of the male gonadal axis in puberty and adulthood. ..
- Mechanistic bases for age-related androgen deficiencyJohannes Veldhuis; Fiscal Year: 2007..Knowing why testosterone falls should help foster new and safer ways to prevent the problem. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- HOX GENE EXPRESSION IN HUMAN ENDOMETRIUMHugh Taylor; Fiscal Year: 2007..These studies will further characterize the molecular mechanisms by which HOX expression is related to normal and pathologic endometrial development. ..
- Ovarian Cancer and Gonadotropin SignalingCELESTE PEARCE; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Mammary Carcinogenesis: Growth Hormone and IGF-IDavid Kleinberg; Fiscal Year: 2006..The potential role of IGF-I as a permissive factor for the action of PRL will also be determined. ..
- The Progesterone Receptor Gene and Ovarian Cancer RiskCELESTE PEARCE; Fiscal Year: 2005..We will also test our previous two case-control studies for any additional identified SNPs, including 326 cases and 493 controls (many of the SNPs have already been tested in these populations). ..
- Myocardial Protein Synthesis After Thermal InjuryCharles Lang; Fiscal Year: 2005..Overall, the research will elucidate the mechanisms by which myocardial protein synthesis is reduced after thermal injury, leading to the better understanding and treatment of the resulting cardiomyopathy. - ..
- ACTIONS OF ESTROGEN IN MATURING GRAAFIAN FOLLICLESJohannes Veldhuis; Fiscal Year: 2005..Understanding such fundamental interactions is important to the rational design of alternative strategies to interrupt normal and rescue impaired steroidogenesis in the maturing Graafian follicle and corpus luteum. ..
- THE AGING GH AXIS IN POSTMENOPAUSAL WOMENJohannes Veldhuis; Fiscal Year: 2005..An enhanced knowledge base should aid ultimately in formulating more innovative preventive and interventional strategies to limit hyposomatotropism in older and/or estrogen-deficient humans. ..
- ENSEMBLE MODEL OF STRESS ACTH-ADRENAL AXISJohannes Veldhuis; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- Biomarker modulation/COX-2 inhibitor/Breast CancerBanu Arun; Fiscal Year: 2003..Ultimately, the development of non-hormonal chemoprevention agents, and identification of surrogate markers will allow us to plan large-scale, phase III chemoprevention studies with the endpoint of cancer incidence. ..