Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: IDO1
Description: indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenase 1
Alias: IDO, IDO-1, INDO, indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenase 1, indolamine 2,3 dioxygenase, indole 2,3-dioxygenase, indoleamine-pyrrole 2,3-dioxygenase
Publications248 found, 100 shown here
- Mesenchymal stem cells inhibit natural killer-cell proliferation, cytotoxicity, and cytokine production: role of indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenase and prostaglandin E2Grazia Maria Spaggiari
Centro di Eccellenza per la Ricerca Biomedica, Biologia e Genetica, Universita di Genova, Genova, Italy
Blood 111:1327-33. 2008..Finally, we demonstrate that indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenase and prostaglandin E2 represent key mediators of the MSC-induced inhibition of NK cells...
- HIV-activated human plasmacytoid DCs induce Tregs through an indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenase-dependent mechanismOlivier Manches
NYU Cancer Institute, New York University, New York, New York, USA
J Clin Invest 118:3431-9. 2008..This study therefore reveals what we believe to be a novel mechanism by which pDC may regulate and potentially limit anti-HIV immune responses...
- Myeloid-derived suppressor cells suppress antitumor immune responses through IDO expression and correlate with lymph node metastasis in patients with breast cancerJinpu Yu
Department of Immunology, Tianjin Medical University Cancer Institute and Hospital, Key Laboratory of Cancer Prevention and Therapy, Tianjin 300060, People s Republic of China
J Immunol 190:3783-97. 2013..We have shown the increased expression of IDO in breast cancer...
- Interferon-γ regulates the proliferation and differentiation of mesenchymal stem cells via activation of indoleamine 2,3 dioxygenase (IDO)Juliana Croitoru-Lamoury
St Vincent s Centre for Applied Medical Research, St Vincent s Hospital, Sydney, Australia
PLoS ONE 6:e14698. 2011..mesenchymal and neural stem cells (MSCs and NSCs) express the complete KP, including indoleamine 2,3 dioxygenase 1 (IDO) and IDO2, that it is highly regulated by type I (IFN-β) and II interferons (IFN-γ), and that its transcriptional ..
- Tryptophan catabolism by indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenase 1 alters the balance of TH17 to regulatory T cells in HIV diseaseDavid Favre
Division of Experimental Medicine, Department of Medicine, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94110, USA
Sci Transl Med 2:32ra36. 2010..The loss of T(H)17/T(reg) balance is associated with induction of indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenase 1 (IDO1) by myeloid antigen-presenting dendritic cells and with increased plasma concentration of microbial products...
- Sputum indoleamine-2, 3-dioxygenase activity is increased in asthmatic airways by using inhaled corticosteroidsKittipong Maneechotesuwan
Division of Respiratory Disease and Tuberculosis, Department of Medicine, Faculty of Medicine Siriraj Hospital, Mahidol University, Bangkok, Thailand
J Allergy Clin Immunol 121:43-50. 2008Indoleamine-2, 3-dioxygenase (IDO), a tryptophan-degrading enzyme, plays a key role in the regulation of T-lymphocyte function...
- Local expression of indoleamine 2,3 dioxygenase in syngeneic fibroblasts significantly prolongs survival of an engineered three-dimensional islet allograftReza B Jalili
Department of Surgery, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Diabetes 59:2219-27. 2010..In this composite graft, expression of indoleamine 2,3 dioxygenase (IDO), a tryptophan-degrading enzyme, in syngeneic fibroblasts provides a low-tryptophan microenvironment within which T-..
- Indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenase and 3-hydroxykynurenine modifications are found in the neuropathology of Alzheimer's diseaseDavid J Bonda
Department of Pathology, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Redox Rep 15:161-8. 2010..to show elevated levels of 3-HK modifications and the upstream, rate-limiting enzyme indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenase (IDO-1) in Alzheimer's diseased brains when compared to controls...
- The interplay between indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenase 1 (IDO1) and cyclooxygenase (COX)-2 in chronic inflammation and cancerA Cesario
IRCCS San Raffaele Pisana, Rome, Italy
Curr Med Chem 18:2263-71. 2011The enzyme indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenase 1 (IDO1) degrades the essential amino acid tryptophan into kynurenine and other downstream metabolites that suppress effector T-cell function and favor the differentiation of regulatory T cells...
- Reduced cytotoxic function of effector CD8+ T cells is responsible for indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenase-dependent immune suppressionHanzhong Liu
Division of Pulmonary Medicine, Children s Hospital Boston, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Immunol 183:1022-31. 2009Indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenase (IDO), a potent immunosuppressive enzyme, contributes to tumoral escape, immune tolerance, and protection against allograft injury...
- Nitric oxide-mediated regulation of gamma interferon-induced bacteriostasis: inhibition and degradation of human indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenaseChristian Hucke
Institute for Medical Microbiology, Heinrich Heine University, Dusseldorf, Germany
Infect Immun 72:2723-30. 2004Tryptophan depletion resulting from indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenase (IDO) activity within the kynurenine pathway is one of the most prominent gamma interferon (IFN-gamma)-inducible antimicrobial effector mechanisms in human cells...
- Induction of indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenase in vascular smooth muscle cells by interferon-gamma contributes to medial immunoprivilegeMadison C Cuffy
Interdepartmental Program in Vascular Biology and Transplantation, Department of Surgery, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06510, USA
J Immunol 179:5246-54. 2007..a chimeric humanized mouse model of allograft rejection, medial immunoprivilege was associated with expression of IDO by vascular smooth muscle cells (VSMCs) of rejecting human coronary artery grafts...
- Der p 1 suppresses indoleamine 2, 3-dioxygenase in dendritic cells from house dust mite-sensitive patients with asthmaKittipong Maneechotesuwan
Division of Respiratory Disease and Tuberculosis, Department of Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, Siriraj Hospital, Mahidol University, Bangkok, Thailand
J Allergy Clin Immunol 123:239-48. 2009Indoleamine 2, 3-dioxygenase (IDO), a tryptophan-degrading enzyme in dendritic cells (DCs), mediates an immunosuppressive effect on activated T lymphocytes. However, little is known about the effect of Der p 1 on IDO in human DCs.
- Indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenase is increased in hemodialysis patients and affects immune response to hepatitis B vaccinationTheodoros Eleftheriadis
Department of Nephrology, Medical School, University of Thessaly, Larissa, Greece
Vaccine 29:2242-7. 2011Acquired immunity is impaired in hemodialysis (HD) patients. Indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenase (IDO) is inducible by inflammation and through tryptophan depletion and generation of kynurenine pathway products suppresses adaptive immune ..
- Inhibition of indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenase, an immunoregulatory target of the cancer suppression gene Bin1, potentiates cancer chemotherapyAlexander J Muller
Lankenau Institute for Medical Research, 100 Lancaster Avenue, Wynnewood, Pennsylvania 19096, USA
Nat Med 11:312-9. 2005..Elevation of the immunomodulatory enzyme indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenase (IDO) in tumor cells can facilitate immune escape...
- Expression of indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenase and correlation with pathological malignancy in gliomasKentaro Mitsuka
Department of Neurosurgery, Interdisciplinary Graduate School of Medicine and Engineering, University of Yamanashi, Chuo, Yamanashi, Japan
Neurosurgery 72:1031-8; discussion 1038-9. 2013Indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenase (IDO) is a tryptophan catabolic enzyme involved in immune tolerance and tumor immune escape processes...
- Molecular cloning, sequencing and expression of human interferon-gamma-inducible indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenase cDNAW Dai
Hipple Cancer Research Center, Dayton, Ohio 45439
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 168:1-8. 1990..Toxoplasma gondii and Chlamydia psittaci, is at least in part due to an induction of indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenase (IDO) enzyme which degrades tryptophan, an essential amino acid...
- Mechanisms regulating the expression of indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenase during decidualization of human endometriumYoshiki Kudo
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, Hiroshima University, Hiroshima, Japan
Hum Reprod 19:1222-30. 2004..To clarify the physiological importance of indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenase in human pregnancy, we have studied how the expression of this enzyme changes during decidualization of human endometrium at both the cell and tissue level...
- Human epidermal langerhans cells express the immunoregulatory enzyme indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenaseDagmar von Bubnoff
Department of Dermatology, Friedrich Wilhelms University, Bonn, Germany
J Invest Dermatol 123:298-304. 2004..Recently, defined antigen-presenting cells were described that express indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenase (IDO) and inhibit T cell proliferation in vitro and in vivo...
- Inhibitory substrate binding site of human indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenaseChangyuan Lu
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, 1300 Morris Park Avenue, Bronx, New York 10461, USA
J Am Chem Soc 131:12866-7. 2009..The data offer useful guidelines for future development of more potent hIDO inhibitors; they also call for the re-evaluation of the action mechanism of Mitomycin C (MtoC), a widely used antitumor chemotherapeutic agent...
- Modulation of dendritic cell maturation and function with mono- and bifunctional small interfering RNAs targeting indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenaseGro F Flatekval
Department of Immunology, Institute for Cancer Research, Rikshospitalet Radiumhospitalet Medical Centre, Montebello, Oslo, Norway
Immunology 128:e837-48. 2009Antigen-presenting cells expressing indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenase (IDO) play a critical role in maintaining peripheral tolerance...
- Intact indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenase activity in human chronic granulomatous diseaseBirgit Jürgens
Children s Cancer Research Institute, Zimmermannplatz 10, A 1090, Vienna, Austria
Clin Immunol 137:1-4. 2010..The tryptophan catabolizing enzyme indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenase (IDO) is considered critical for regulating immune responses and suppression of inflammation...
- High expression of indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenase in the tumour is associated with medullary features and favourable outcome in basal-like breast carcinomaJocelyne Jacquemier
Département d Oncologie Moléculaire, Centre de Recherche en Cancerologie de Marseille, INSERM UMR89, IFR137, Marseille, France
Int J Cancer 130:96-104. 2012..Messenger RNA expression of the INDO gene, which encodes IDO, was measured in 262 cases from our institution...
- Indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenase, Tregs and cancerD H Munn
Immunotherapy Program, Medical College of Georgia, Augusta, GA 30912, USA
Curr Med Chem 18:2240-6. 2011The IDO pathway is implicated in a number of settings which lead to acquired peripheral tolerance. One such setting may be the functional tolerance displayed by tumor-bearing hosts toward tumor-associated antigens...
- Purification and kinetic characterization of human indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenases 1 and 2 (IDO1 and IDO2) and discovery of selective IDO1 inhibitorsDavid Meininger
Protein Sciences, Amgen Inc, Seattle, WA 98119, USA
Biochim Biophys Acta 1814:1947-54. 2011Indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenase (IDO1) catalyzes the first step in tryptophan breakdown along the kynurenine pathway...
- Toll-like receptor-3 ligation-induced indoleamine 2, 3-dioxygenase expression in human trophoblastsBo Wang
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Tokyo, 7 3 1 Hongo Bunkyo Tokyo, 113 8655, Japan
Endocrinology 152:4984-92. 2011Indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenase (IDO) is an enzyme that degrades an essential amino acid, tryptophan, and plays a role in inhibiting the proliferation of T cells and intracellular pathogens...
- Flavivirus infection induces indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenase in human monocyte-derived macrophages via tumor necrosis factor and NF-κBAmanda W S Yeung
Centre for Vascular Research and School of Medical Sciences, The University of New South Wales, Sydney, Australia
J Leukoc Biol 91:657-66. 2012..Concomitant with viral control was the robust induction of indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenase (IDO) and resultant metabolism of L-tryptophan (L-Trp) to kynurenine...
- Activation of indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenase in patients with scrub typhus and its role in growth restriction of Orientia tsutsugamushiThanavadee Prachason
Division of Molecular Genetics, Department of Research and Development, Faculty of Medicine, Siriraj Hospital, Mahidol University, Bangkok, Thailand
PLoS Negl Trop Dis 6:e1731. 2012..expression study revealed up-regulation of a tryptophan-catabolizing enzyme, indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenase (IDO1), in patients with scrub typhus...
- Heme oxygenase-1 inhibits rat and human breast cancer cell proliferation: mutual cross inhibition with indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenaseMarcelo Hill
INSERM U 643, ITERT, 30 Bv Jean Monnet, 44093, Nantes, Cedex 1, France
FASEB J 19:1957-68. 2005Heme oxygenase-1 (HO-1) is the rate limiting enzyme of heme catabolism whereas indoleamine 2,3 dioxygenase (IDO) catabolizes tryptophan through the kynurenine pathway...
- High INDO (indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenase) mRNA level in blasts of acute myeloid leukemic patients predicts poor clinical outcomeMartine E D Chamuleau
Department of Hematology, VU University Medical Centre, De Boelelaan 1117, 1081 HV Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Haematologica 93:1894-8. 2008..We determined INDO (encoding gene for indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenase) mRNA expression in leukemic blasts of 286 patients with acute ..
- Sleeping Beauty-based gene therapy with indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenase inhibits lung allograft fibrosisHanzhong Liu
Department of Pediatrics, Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
FASEB J 20:2384-6. 2006..Importantly, IDO activity produced by hIDO transgene showed a remarkable therapeutic response, as evident by near normal pulmonary ..
- Astrocyte indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenase is induced by the TLR3 ligand poly(I:C): mechanism of induction and role in antiviral responseHyeon Sook Suh
Department of Pathology, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, 1300 Morris Park Avenue, Bronx, NY 10461, USA
J Virol 81:9838-50. 2007Indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenase (IDO) is the first and rate-limiting enzyme in the kynurenine pathway of tryptophan catabolism and has been implicated in neurotoxicity and suppression of the antiviral T-cell response in HIV encephalitis (..
- Clinical relevance of indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenase for alloimmunity and transplantationGerald Brandacher
Department of General and Transplant Surgery, D Swarovski Research Laboratory, Innsbruck Medical University, Austria
Curr Opin Organ Transplant 13:10-5. 2008The immunomodulatory enzyme indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenase (IDO) is activated by interferon-gamma and via tryptophan depletion and the production of proapoptotic downstream metabolites IDO suppresses adaptive T-cell-mediated immunity in ..
- Free iron ions decrease indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenase expression and reduce IFNgamma-induced inhibition of Chlamydia trachomatis infectionBirgit Krausse-Opatz
Department of Rheumatology, Hannover Medical School, Hannover, Germany
Microb Pathog 46:289-97. 2009Interferon-gamma (IFNgamma)-mediated indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenase (IDO) expression, important in innate immunity, immune suppression, and tolerance, can be counteracted by ferrous iron (FeSO(4))...
- Somatization, but not depression, is characterized by disorders in the tryptophan catabolite (TRYCAT) pathway, indicating increased indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenase and lowered kynurenine aminotransferase activityMichael Maes
Maes Clinics TRIA, Bangkok, Thailand
Neuro Endocrinol Lett 32:264-73. 2011Reduced plasma tryptophan occurs in depression and somatization. Induction of indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenase (IDO) with consequent synthesis of tryptophan catabolites (TRYCATs) and lowered tryptophan are associated with the onset of ..
- Expression of indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenase by plasmacytoid dendritic cells in tumor-draining lymph nodesDavid H Munn
Department of Pediatrics, Institute for Molecular Medicine and Genetics, Medical College of Georgia, Augusta, Georgia 30912, USA
J Clin Invest 114:280-90. 2004..DCs (pDCs) that constitutively expressed immunosuppressive levels of the enzyme indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenase (IDO). Despite comprising only 0...
- A two-step induction of indoleamine 2,3 dioxygenase (IDO) activity during dendritic-cell maturationDeborah Braun
Institut Pasteur, Paris, France
Blood 106:2375-81. 2005..of tumor necrosis factor alpha (TNFalpha) and PGE2 revealed a strong up-regulation of indoleamine 2-3 dioxygenase (IDO), an enzyme involved in tryptophan catabolism and implicated in both maternal and T-cell tolerance...
- Localisation of indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenase and kynurenine hydroxylase in the human placenta and decidua: implications for role of the kynurenine pathway in pregnancyP Ligam
Center for Women s Health Research, Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Monash University, Melbourne, Australia
Placenta 26:498-504. 2005Indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenase (IDO) has been implicated in contributing to immunotolerance in early pregnancy, but the presence in the term placenta of mRNAs for enzymes that produce other biologically active kynurenine end-products ..
- Crystal structure of human indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenase: catalytic mechanism of O2 incorporation by a heme-containing dioxygenaseHiroshi Sugimoto
Biometal Science Laboratory, RIKEN SPring 8 Center, Harima Institute, Hyogo 679 5148, Japan
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 103:2611-6. 2006Human indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenase (IDO) catalyzes the cleavage of the pyrrol ring of L-Trp and incorporates both atoms of a molecule of oxygen (O2)...
- HIV inhibits CD4+ T-cell proliferation by inducing indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenase in plasmacytoid dendritic cellsAdriano Boasso
Experimental Immunology Branch, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, 10 Center Drive, Bethesda, MD 20815, USA
Blood 109:3351-9. 2007..Indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenase (IDO) is an immunosuppressive enzyme that inhibits T-cell proliferation by catabolizing the essential amino acid ..
- IL-8 and IDO expression by human gingival fibroblasts via TLRsRangsini Mahanonda
Department of Periodontology, Faculty of Dentistry, Chulalongkorn University, Henry Dunant Road, Bangkok, Thailand
J Immunol 178:1151-7. 2007..ligand (Escherichia coli LPS), and TLR5 ligand (Salmonella typhimurium flagellin) led to expression of IL-8 and IDO. A potent TLR 9 ligand, CpG oligodeoxynucleotide 2006 had no effect, although HGFs showed a detectable TLR9 mRNA ..
- A putative mechanism on remission of multiple sclerosis during pregnancy: estrogen-induced indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenase by dendritic cellsW H Zhu
Institute of Neurology, Huashan Hospital, Shanghai Medical College, Fudan University, Shanghai, China
Mult Scler 13:33-40. 2007..Estrogen induced the expression of indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenase (IDO) on DCs, limiting T-cell proliferation and both Th1 and Th2 cytokine production...
- On watching the watchers: IDO and type I/II IFNPaolo Puccetti
Department of Experimental Medicine, University of Perugia, Perugia, Italy
Eur J Immunol 37:876-9. 2007..that the immunoregulatory pathway of tryptophan catabolism, initiated by the enzyme indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenase (IDO), not only represents an effector mechanism of peripheral tolerance, but is also a critical participant in the ..
- Mouse and human indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenase display some distinct biochemical and structural propertiesChristopher J D Austin
Molecular Immunopathology Unit, Bosch Institute, University of Sydney, Sydney, Australia
Amino Acids 36:99-106. 2009The hemoprotein indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenase (IDO) is the first and rate-limiting enzyme in the most significant pathway for mammalian tryptophan metabolism...
- Indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenase activity of acute myeloid leukemia cells can be measured from patients' sera by HPLC and is inducible by IFN-gammaSelim Corm
INSERM, Unité 837, Equipe 3, Institut de Recherche sur le Cancer de Lille, Lille, France
Leuk Res 33:490-4. 2009The enzyme indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenase (IDO) converts tryptophan to kynurenine, blocking T-cell activation and inducing immunosuppression...
- Imaging correlates of differential expression of indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenase in human brain tumorsCarlos E A Batista
Carman and Ann Adams Department of Pediatrics, School of Medicine, Wayne State University, Detroit, MI, USA
Mol Imaging Biol 11:460-6. 2009Tryptophan catabolism via the kynurenine pathway, mediated by indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenase (IDO), is a mechanism involved in tumor immunoresistance...
- The first step of the dioxygenation reaction carried out by tryptophan dioxygenase and indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenase as revealed by quantum mechanical/molecular mechanical studiesLuciana Capece
Departamento de Quimica Inorganica, Analitica y Quimica Fisica INQUIMAE CONICET, Facultad de Ciencias Exactas y Naturales, Universidad de Buenos Aires, Ciudad Universitaria, Pabellon 2, C1428EHA, Buenos Aires, Argentina
J Biol Inorg Chem 15:811-23. 2010Tryptophan dioxygenase (TDO) and indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenase (IDO) are two heme-containing enzymes which catalyze the conversion of L: -tryptophan to N-formylkynurenine (NFK)...
- Primary structure of human indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenase deduced from the nucleotide sequence of its cDNAS Tone
Department of Biochemistry, Wakayama Medical College, Japan
Nucleic Acids Res 18:367. 1990
- Prevention of allogeneic fetal rejection by tryptophan catabolismD H Munn
Program in Molecular Immunology, Institute of Molecular Medicine and Genetics, Medical College of Georgia, Augusta, GA 30912, USA
Science 281:1191-3. 1998..concepti occurred when pregnant mice were treated with a pharmacologic inhibitor of indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenase (IDO), a tryptophan-catabolizing enzyme expressed by trophoblasts and macrophages...
- The heme environment of recombinant human indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenase. Structural properties and substrate-ligand interactionsAndrew C Terentis
Biochemistry Group, The Heart Research Institute, 145 Missenden Road, Camperdown, New South Wales 2050, Australia
J Biol Chem 277:15788-94. 2002..probe for the distal environment of Fe(2+) hIDO revealed that binding of L-Trp in the distal pocket converted IDO to a peroxidase-like enzyme...
- Proteomic analysis of cytokine induced proteins in human intestinal epithelial cells: implications for inflammatory bowel diseasesSilvia Barcelo-Batllori
Institute of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Lausanne, Switzerland
Proteomics 2:551-60. 2002..No such difference was found in diverticulitis. Potentially, this observation opens new avenues in the treatment of IBD...
- Inhibition of allogeneic T cell proliferation by indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenase-expressing dendritic cells: mediation of suppression by tryptophan metabolitesPeter Terness
Institute of Immunology, Department of Transplantation Immunology, University of Heidelberg, 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
J Exp Med 196:447-57. 2002Indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenase (IDO), an enzyme involved in the catabolism of tryptophan, is expressed in certain cells and tissues, particularly in antigen-presenting cells of lymphoid organs and in the placenta...
- Potential regulatory function of human dendritic cells expressing indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenaseDavid H Munn
Institute of Molecular Medicine and Genetics, Medical College of Georgia, Augusta, GA 30912, USA
Science 297:1867-70. 2002..We describe a subset of human APCs that express indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenase (IDO) and inhibit T cell proliferation in vitro...
- Tolerance, DCs and tryptophan: much ado about IDOUrsula Grohmann
Department of Experimental Medicine, Via del Giochetto, University of Perugia, 06126 Perugia, Italy
Trends Immunol 24:242-8. 2003
- Asp274 and his346 are essential for heme binding and catalytic function of human indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenaseTamantha K Littlejohn
Australian Cataract Research Foundation, Department of Chemistry, University of Wollongong, New South Wales, Australia
J Biol Chem 278:29525-31. 2003L-Tryptophan is the least abundant essential amino acid in humans. Indoleamine 2,3-dioxgyenase (IDO) is a cytosolic heme protein which, together with the hepatic enzyme tryptophan 2,3-dioxygenase, catalyzes the first and rate-limiting ..
- Synergistic transcriptional activation of indoleamine dioxygenase by IFN-gamma and tumor necrosis factor-alphaCory M Robinson
Department of Microbiology, Miami University, Oxford, OH 45056, USA
J Interferon Cytokine Res 23:413-21. 2003Interferon-gamma (IFN-gamma)-induced indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenase (IDO) activity inhibits the growth of susceptible intracellular pathogens by catalyzing the oxidative cleavage of the indole ring of L-tryptophan and depleting pools of the ..
- Evidence for a tumoral immune resistance mechanism based on tryptophan degradation by indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenaseCatherine Uyttenhove
Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research and Cellular Genetics Unit, Universite de Louvain, B 1200 Brussels, Belgium
Nat Med 9:1269-74. 2003..proliferation arrest when exposed to tryptophan shortage, which can be provoked by indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenase (IDO), an enzyme that is expressed in placenta and catalyzes tryptophan degradation...
- Cell surface expression of MHC class I antigen is suppressed in indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenase genetically modified keratinocytes: implications in allogeneic skin substitute engraftmentYunyuan Li
Department of Surgery, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Hum Immunol 65:114-23. 2004Indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenase (IDO) has been indicated to prevent the fetus from maternal T-cell rejection. A longer survival of IDO genetically modified islets transplanted into NOD mouse kidney capsules has also been demonstrated...
- Human bone marrow stromal cells inhibit allogeneic T-cell responses by indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenase-mediated tryptophan degradationRoland Meisel
Clinic of Pediatric Oncology, Hematology and Immunology, University Hospital, Moorenstrasse 5, D 40225 Dusseldorf, Germany
Blood 103:4619-21. 2004..Recently, expression of indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenase (IDO), which is induced by interferon-gamma (IFN-gamma) and catalyzes the conversion from tryptophan to kynurenine, has ..
- Inhibition of human herpes simplex virus type 2 by interferon gamma and tumor necrosis factor alpha is mediated by indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenaseO Adams
Institut fur Virologie, Heinrich Heine Universitat, Universitatsstrasse 1, D 40225 Dusseldorf, Germany
Microbes Infect 6:806-12. 2004..We found that IFN-gamma induces a strong activation of the tryptophan-degrading enzyme indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenase (IDO) and in addition, that the IFN-gamma-induced IDO activity was enhanced in the presence of TNF-alpha...
- Indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenase mediates cell type-specific anti-measles virus activity of gamma interferonKarola Obojes
Institut fur Virologie und Immunbiologie, Versbacher Str 7, D 97078 Wurzburg, Germany
J Virol 79:7768-76. 2005..The antiviral activity induced by IFN-gamma correlates with the induction of indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenase (IDO), an enzyme of the tryptophan degradation pathway known to mediate antiviral as well as antibacterial and ..
- Biochemical and medical aspects of the indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenase-initiated L-tryptophan metabolismOsamu Takikawa
National Institute for Longevity Sciences, National Center for Geriatrics and Gerontology, Obu, Aichi 474 8522, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 338:12-9. 2005....
- The immunoregulatory role of IDO-producing human dendritic cells revisitedPeter Terness
Institute of Immunology, Department of Transplantation Immunology, INF 305, University of Heidelberg, 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
Trends Immunol 27:68-73. 2006Following the finding that indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenase (IDO), an enzyme expressed in the placenta, prevents rejection of allogeneic fetuses in mice, many studies have focused on the role of IDO in the regulation of the immune response...
- Prognostic value of indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenase expression in colorectal cancer: effect on tumor-infiltrating T cellsGerald Brandacher
Department of General and Transplant Surgery, Innsbruck Medical University, Austria
Clin Cancer Res 12:1144-51. 2006..In this study, we examined the contribution of the immunomodulatory enzyme indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenase (IDO) on this phenomenon.
- Indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenase activity in nonagenarians is markedly increased and predicts mortalityM Pertovaara
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, University of Tampere, Medical School, Finland
Mech Ageing Dev 127:497-9. 2006Indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenase (IDO), an enzyme degrading tryptophan (trp) to kynurenine (kyn), suppresses T cell activity. Ageing of the immune system, immunosenescence, includes a decline in T cell function...
- Expression of indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenase (IDO) by endothelial cells: implications for the control of alloresponsesS C Beutelspacher
Department of Immunology, Division of Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, Imperial College London, Hammersmith Hospital, Du Cane Road, London, UK
Am J Transplant 6:1320-30. 2006Indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenase (IDO) is an important enzyme in the regulation of immune responses; cells that express IDO can suppress T-cell responses and promote tolerance...
- Acute myeloid leukemia cells constitutively express the immunoregulatory enzyme indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenaseA Curti
Leukemia 21:353-5. 2007
- Upregulation of indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenase in hepatitis C virus infectionEsther Larrea
Division of Gene Therapy and Hepatology, Center for Applied Medical Research, CIMA, Avenida Pio XII 55, 31008 Pamplona, Spain
J Virol 81:3662-6. 2007Indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenase (IDO) is induced by proinflammatory cytokines and by CTLA-4-expressing T cells and constitutes an important mediator of peripheral immune tolerance...
- Expression of indoleamine 2, 3-dioxygenase and the recruitment of Foxp3-expressing regulatory T cells in the development and progression of uterine cervical cancerTakafumi Nakamura
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Toyama, Toyama 930 0194, Japan
Cancer Sci 98:874-81. 2007Foxp3(+) CD4(+)CD25(+) regulatory T (Treg) cells and immunoregulatory enzyme indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenase (IDO) play an important role in immunoregulation...
- Post-translational regulation of human indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenase activity by nitric oxideShane R Thomas
Centre for Vascular Research, Faculty of Medicine, University of New South Wales, Sydney 2052, Australia
J Biol Chem 282:23778-87. 2007The heme protein indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenase (IDO) is induced by the proinflammatory cytokine interferon-gamma (IFNgamma) and plays an important role in the immune response by catalyzing the oxidative degradation of L-tryptophan (Trp) ..
- Intralesional expression of mRNA of interferon- gamma , tumor necrosis factor- alpha , interleukin-10, nitric oxide synthase, indoleamine-2,3-dioxygenase, and RANTES is a major immune effector in Mediterranean spotted fever rickettsiosisRita de Sousa
Centro de Estudos de Vectores e Doencas Infecciosas, Instituto Nacional de Saude Dr Ricardo Jorge, Edificio LEMES, Lisboa, Portugal
J Infect Dis 196:770-81. 2007..The mechanisms of immunity to Rickettsia conorii that have been elucidated in mouse models have not been evaluated in human tissues...
- Nonviral gene delivery with indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenase targeting pulmonary endothelium protects against ischemia-reperfusion injuryH Liu
Department of Pediatrics, Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA, USA
Am J Transplant 7:2291-300. 2007..Indoleamine-2,3-dioxygenase (IDO) is a unique cytosolic enzyme possessing both immune modulating and antioxidant properties...
- Differential immunosuppressive effect of indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenase (IDO) on primary human CD4+ and CD8+ T cellsFarshad Forouzandeh
BC Professional Fire Fighters Burn and Wound Healing Research Lab, Department of Surgery, University of British Columbia, 2660 Oak Street, 351 Jack Bell Research Centre, Vancouver, BC, Canada V6H 3Z6
Mol Cell Biochem 309:1-7. 2008We have previously demonstrated that indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenase (IDO) expression by skin cells generates a tryptophan deficient environment in which THP-1, Jurkat cells as well as human PBMC are unable to survive...
- Evolution of vertebrate indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenasesHajime Julie Yuasa
Laboratory of Biochemistry, Department of Applied Science, Faculty of Science, National University Corporation Kochi University, Kochi 780 8520, Japan
J Mol Evol 65:705-14. 2007Indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenase (IDO) and tryptophan 2,3-dioxygenase (TDO) are tryptophan-degrading enzymes that catalyze the same reaction, the first step in tryptophan catabolism via the kynurenine pathway...
- Impaired indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenase production contributes to the development of autoimmunity in primary biliary cirrhosisSabine Oertelt-Prigione
Division of Rheumatology, Allergy, and Clinical Immunology, University of California at Davis, Davis, CA 95616, USA
Autoimmunity 41:92-9. 2008The immunomodulatory effects of the tryptophan-catabolizing enzyme indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenase (IDO) have been elucidated at a cellular level and implicated in the pathogenesis of several complex diseases...
- The role of serine 167 in human indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenase: a comparison with tryptophan 2,3-dioxygenaseNishma Chauhan
Department of Biochemistry, Henry Wellcome Building, University of Leicester, University Road, Leicester, England
Biochemistry 47:4761-9. 2008..and is catalyzed by one of two heme enzymes, tryptophan 2,3-dioxygenase (TDO) or indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenase (IDO)...
- Expression and prognosis role of indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenase in hepatocellular carcinomaKe Pan
State Key Laboratory of Oncology in Southern China and Department of Experimental Research, Sun Yat sen University Cancer Center, 651 Dongfeng Road East, Yuexiu District, 510060, Guangzhou, Guangdong, People s Republic of China
J Cancer Res Clin Oncol 134:1247-53. 2008Immunoregulatory enzyme indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenase (IDO) plays an important role in immune tolerance. In some malignancies, the evidences were given to show that overexpression of IDO was related to poor prognosis of cancer patients.
- The indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenase pathway is essential for human plasmacytoid dendritic cell-induced adaptive T regulatory cell generationWei Chen
Division of Hematology Oncology, Blood and Marrow Transplantation, Department of Pediatrics and The Cancer Center, University of Minnesota Medical School, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
J Immunol 181:5396-404. 2008..In this study, we show that human PDCs express high levels of IDO, an intracellular enzyme that catabolizes tryptophan degradation...
- Overexpression of indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenase in human endometrial carcinoma cells induces rapid tumor growth in a mouse xenograft modelNorio Yoshida
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Nagoya University Graduate School of Medicine, Nagoya, Japan
Clin Cancer Res 14:7251-9. 2008Indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenase (IDO) is a tryptophan-catabolizing enzyme that induces immune tolerance in mice...
- Critical role of indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenase in tumor resistance to repeated treatments with targeted IFNgammaAnna Maria Gasparri
Department of Oncology, San Raffaele Scientific Institute, Via Olgettina 58, 20132 Milan, Italy
Mol Cancer Ther 7:3859-66. 2008..We investigated the role of indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenase (IDO), an IFNgamma-inducible enzyme that may down-regulate T cells by affecting local tryptophan catabolism in tumor ..
- Increased indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenase (IDO) activity and elevated serum levels of tryptophan catabolites in patients with chronic kidney disease: a possible link between chronic inflammation and uraemic symptomsJörg C Schefold
Department of Nephrology and Intensive Care, Charite University Medicine, Campus Virchow Clinic, Berlin, Germany
Nephrol Dial Transplant 24:1901-8. 2009Tryptophan (Trp) is catabolized by indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenase (IDO). Changes in Trp metabolism and IDO activity in chronic kidney disease (CKD) have not been widely studied, and the impact of haemodialysis is uncertain...
- Increased activity of indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenase in serum from acutely infected dengue patients linked to gamma interferon antiviral functionAniuska Becerra
Center for Infectious Disease and Vaccine Research, University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester, MA 01655, USA
J Gen Virol 90:810-7. 2009..The enzyme indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenase (IDO) catalyses the rate-limiting step in the catabolic pathway of L-Trp...
- Toll-like receptor engagement enhances the immunosuppressive properties of human bone marrow-derived mesenchymal stem cells by inducing indoleamine-2,3-dioxygenase-1 via interferon-beta and protein kinase RChristiane A Opitz
Department of Neurooncology, University Hospital of Heidelberg and German Cancer Research Center, Heidelberg, Germany
Stem Cells 27:909-19. 2009..the production of immunosuppressive kynurenines by the tryptophan-degrading enzyme indoleamine-2,3-dioxygenase-1 (IDO1)...
- Indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenase-expressing mature human monocyte-derived dendritic cells expand potent autologous regulatory T cellsDavid J Chung
Laboratory of Cellular Immunobiology, Division of Hematologic Oncology, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, 1275 York Ave, New York, NY 10065, USA
Blood 114:555-63. 2009..human monocyte-derived DCs (moDCs) up-regulate the immune-inhibitory enzyme, indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenase (IDO)...
- Increased serum kynurenine/tryptophan ratio correlates with disease progression in lung cancerYuzo Suzuki
Department of Internal Medicine, Hamamatsu University School of Medicine, 1 20 1 Hanadayama Higashiku, Hamamatsu, Shizuoka 431 3125, Japan
Lung Cancer 67:361-5. 2010Indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenase (IDO) catalyzes the rate-limiting step of tryptophan (Trp) degradation along the kynurenine (Kyn) pathway. By depleting tryptophan, IDO is considered to be a fundamental immune escape mechanism for tumor cells...
- IDO inhibits T-cell function through suppressing Vav1 expression and activationRunmei Li
Department of Immunology, Key Laboratory of Cancer Prevention and Therapy, Tianjin Medical University Cancer Institute and Hospital, Tianjin, China
Cancer Biol Ther 8:1402-8. 2009Indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenase (IDO), a tryptophan catabolic enzyme, plays an important role in immune escape through suppressing T-cell function...
- Simultaneous Foxp3 and IDO expression is associated with sentinel lymph node metastases in breast cancerAaron S Mansfield
Breast Surgery Unit, Helsinki University Central Hospital, Helsinki, Finland
BMC Cancer 9:231. 2009..Regulatory T cells (Tregs), and IDO, an immunosuppressive enzyme, are associated with more advanced disease in some cancers and may promote immunologic ..
- Human immunodeficiency virus type 1 clade B and C Tat differentially induce indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenase and serotonin in immature dendritic cells: Implications for neuroAIDSThangavel Samikkannu
Department of Immunology, Institute of Neuroimmune Pharmacology, College of Medicine, Florida International University, Miami, Florida 33199, USA
J Neurovirol 16:255-63. 2010..The neurotoxic factor kynurenine (KYN), the rate-limiting enzyme indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenase (IDO), serotonin (5-HT), and serotonin transporter (5-HTT) may play a role in tryptophan deficiency and serotogenic ..
- Coding region polymorphisms in the indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenase (INDO) gene and recurrent spontaneous abortionDawar Amani
Department of Immunology, Medical School, Ardabil University of Medical Sciences, Ardabil, Iran
J Reprod Immunol 88:42-7. 2011Indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenase (INDO) catalyzes degradation of the indole ring of indoleamines and locally depletes tryptophan. INDO expression suppresses T cell proliferation and activation...
- High levels of IDO-expressing CD16+ peripheral cells, and Tregs in graft biopsies from kidney transplant recipients under belatacept treatmentJ Furuzawa-Carballeda
Department of Immunology and Rheumatology, Instituto Nacional de Ciencias Medicas y Nutricion Salvador Zubiran, Mexico City, Mexico
Transplant Proc 42:3489-96. 2010Indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenase (IDO) is a tryptophan-degrading enzyme that suppresses T-lymphocyte activity. Costimulation blockade through CTLA4lg increases IDO in antigen-presenting cells...
- Indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenase as a modifier of pathogenic inflammation in cancer and other inflammation-associated diseasesG C Prendergast
Lankenau Institute for Medical Research, Wynnewood, PA 19096, USA
Curr Med Chem 18:2257-62. 2011..and pharmacological studies in the mouse suggest that the immune modulatory enzyme indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenase (IDO), identified as an important mediator of immune escape in cancer, can also contribute to the development of ..
- Serum analysis of tryptophan catabolism pathway: correlation with Crohn's disease activityNitin K Gupta
Division of Gastroenterology, Washington University in Saint Louis School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri, USA
Inflamm Bowel Dis 18:1214-20. 2012Indoleamine 2,3 dioxygenase-1 (IDO1) is a tryptophan catabolizing enzyme with immunotolerance-promoting functions...
- Identification of a variable number of tandem repeats polymorphism and characterization of LEF-1 response elements in the promoter of the IDO1 geneMarion Soichot
Equipe d accueil 4483, Faculte de Medecine de Lille, UDSL, Universite Lille Nord de France, Lille, France
PLoS ONE 6:e25470. 2011..The IDO1 gene is highly inducible by IFN-γ and TNF-α through interaction with cis-acting regulatory elements of the ..
- Upregulated expression of indoleamine 2, 3-dioxygenase in primary breast cancer correlates with increase of infiltrated regulatory T cells in situ and lymph node metastasisJinpu Yu
Department of Immunology, Key Laboratory of Cancer Prevention and Therapy, Tianjin Cancer Institute and Hospital, Tianjin Medical University, Tianjin 300060, China
Clin Dev Immunol 2011:469135. 2011b>IDO has been reported to induce immunotolerance and promote metastasis in solid malignancy, but the mechanisms involved were not fully understood...
- Downregulation of indoleamine-2,3-dioxygenase in cervical cancer cells suppresses tumor growth by promoting natural killer cell accumulationNaoto Sato
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, School of Medicine, Jichi Medical University, Tochigi, Japan
Oncol Rep 28:1574-8. 2012This study examined the role of the immunosuppressive enzyme indoleamine-2,3-dioxygenase (IDO) in cervical cancer progression and the possible use of this enzyme for cervical cancer therapy...
- Indoleamine 2,3 dioxygenase gene polymorphisms correlate with CD8+ Treg impairment in systemic sclerosisSamuele Tardito
Centre of Excellence for Biomedical Research, University of Genoa, Genoa 16132, Italy
Hum Immunol 74:166-9. 2013..Indoleamine 2,3 dioxygenase (IDO) plays a pivotal role in immunological tolerance modulating regulatory T cell (Treg) generation and function...
- Indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenase 1 (IDO1) activity correlates with immune system abnormalities in multiple myelomaGiuseppina Bonanno
Department of Gynecology, Catholic University Med School, Rome, Italy
J Transl Med 10:247. 2012..Indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenase 1 (IDO1) degrades tryptophan into kynurenine (KYN), which inhibits effector T cells and promote regulatory T-cell (Treg) ..
- Cyclooxygenase-2 (COX-2) inhibition constrains indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenase 1 (IDO1) activity in acute myeloid leukaemia cellsMaria Grazia Iachininoto
Department of Haematology, Catholic University Medical School, Largo A Gemelli 8, 00168 Rome, Italy
Molecules 18:10132-45. 2013Indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenase 1 (IDO1) metabolizes L-tryptophan to kynurenines (KYN), inducing T-cell suppression either directly or by altering antigen-presenting-cell function...
- Indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenase 1 (IDO1) is up-regulated in thyroid carcinoma and drives the development of an immunosuppressant tumor microenvironmentSonia Moretti
Departments of Internal Medicine S Moret, E M, P V, S Morel, S C, V B, E P, Experimental Medicine and Biochemical Sciences R C, F F, C O, M G M, P P, Clinical and Experimental Medicine A A, R G, Chemistry and Drug Technology A M, and Surgery N A, University of Perugia, 06132 Perugia, Italy Research Centre of Thyroid Proteomics and Genomics S Moret, E M, P V, S Morel, N A, E P, University of Perugia, 05100 Terni, Italy Department of Clinical Sciences M S, S F, University of Rome Sapienza, 00161 Rome, Italy Department of Medicine D d B, G T, Anatomic Pathology Unit, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 99:E832-40. 2014Indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenase 1 (IDO1) is a single chain oxidoreductase that catalyzes tryptophan degradation to kynurenine...
- Cytochrome b5, not superoxide anion radical, is a major reductant of indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenase in human cellsGhassan J Maghzal
Centre for Vascular Research and Molecular Immunopathology Unit, Bosch Institute and Discipline of Pathology, School of Medical Sciences, University of Sydney, Sydney, New South Wales 2006, Australia
J Biol Chem 283:12014-25. 2008The heme protein indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenase (IDO) initiates oxidative metabolism of tryptophan along the kynurenine pathway, and this requires reductive activation of Fe(3+)-IDO...
- Expression of indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenase in metastatic malignant melanoma recruits regulatory T cells to avoid immune detection and affects survivalJonathan R Brody
Department of Surgery, Thomas Jefferson University Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA 19107, USA
Cell Cycle 8:1930-4. 2009..escape immune surveillance is through upregulation of immunomodulatory enzymes such as indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenase (IDO)...
- Jason C O'Connor; Fiscal Year: 2014..are mediated by cytokine-induced activation of the tryptophan-degrading enzyme indoleamine 2, 3 dioxygenase (IDO), which is the first and rate-limiting enzyme of the kynurenine pathway...
- IDO Regulation in the SIV Model of HIV CNS DiseaseM Christine Zink; Fiscal Year: 2013..Chronic HIV infection leads to the expression of a key enzyme in tryptophan metabolism, IDO (Indolamine 2, 3, Di-Oxygenase), which is upregulated during SIV/HIV infection...
- Genetic Regulation of Indoleamine-2,3-dioxygenase and Psychiatric Complications oGregory F Oxenkrug; Fiscal Year: 2010..Literature suggests that the up-regulation of indoleamine-2,3-dioxygenase (IDO), the rate-limiting enzyme of the kynurenine pathway of tryptophan (TRY) metabolism, is responsible for the ..
- Harry Chugani; Fiscal Year: 2014..studies will be performed to increase the understanding of tryptophan metabolism by indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenase (IDO) in TSC...
- Indoleamine 2, 3 dioxygenase signaling and function in Type 1 DiabetesSuparna Sarkar; Fiscal Year: 2009..to a series of pro-inflammatory cytokines have revealed a remarkable induction of Indoleamine 2, 3 dioxygenase (IDO) in islets in response to IFN(...
- MAILLARD REACTIONS AND OXIDATION IN CATARACTOGENESISRam H Nagaraj; Fiscal Year: 2012..We will focus mainly on indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenase (IDO), an enzyme that catalyzes metabolism of tryptophan to kynurenines...
- Sandeep Mittal; Fiscal Year: 2016..cell proliferation and immuno-resistance, mainly via the immuno-modulatory enzyme indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenase (IDO), the rate-limiting step of the kynurenine pathway...
- GREGORY LEE SZETO; Fiscal Year: 2014..Kyn, the soluble product of the tryptophan-degrading enzymes tryptophan- and indoleamine-2,3-dioxygenase (TDO and IDO, respectively)...
- Catalytic and Inhibitory Mechanisms in Indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenaseSyun Ru Yeh; Fiscal Year: 2013..dioxygenases, filling in the knowledge gap in heme oxygen chemistry, and (ii) to delineate the antitumor effect of IDO1/IDO2 inhibitors, aiding in the definition of IDO-linked cancer physiology...
- Debby Ngo; Fiscal Year: 2016..This pathway is a major route for tryptophan metabolism catalyzed by the enzyme, indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenase 1 (IDO1) and has been implicated in the regulation of vascular tone...
- DEREK ALAN WAINWRIGHT; Fiscal Year: 2014..Recent work from our laboratory has identified indoleamine 2,3 dioxygenase (IDO) as a strong candidate that is critically involved in regulating glioma-induced immunosuppression...
- Nina Bhardwaj; Fiscal Year: 2015..Treg generation requires the expression of indolamine 2,3-dioxygenase (IDO), an enzyme that catabolizes tryptophan to kynurenine, as it is reversed upon addition of the specific inhibitor 1 ..
- Melissa Victoria Fernandez; Fiscal Year: 2014..Treg generation requires the expression of indolamine 2,3-dioxygenase (IDO), an enzyme that catabolizes tryptophan to kynurenine, as it is reversed upon addition of the specific inhibitor 1 ..
- Mechanisms of marginal zone macrophage mediated tolerance towards apoptotic cellTracy L McGaha; Fiscal Year: 2013..Our project will examine how dead cells induce indoleamine 2-3 dioxygenase (IDO) expression, how expression of the enzyme impacts apoptotic cell-mediated tolerance, and mechanisms by which IDO ..
- AIDS, Immune Activation and Mental HealthRobert Dantzer; Fiscal Year: 2010..In this condition, depressive-like behavior is associated with increased expression of indoleamine 2,3 dioxygenase (IDO), a key enzyme that regulates degradation of the essential amino acid tryptophan, and blockade of this enzyme ..
- Carol Anne Colton; Fiscal Year: 2016..Arg) that uses arginine to make ornithine for polyamine and proline production and Indoleamine dioxygenase (IDO) that uses tryptophan to produce kyneurine...
- Mechanisms and Regulation of Inducible Nitric Oxide SynthaseJOSEPH EDWARD SABAT; Fiscal Year: 2010..Indoleamine 2,3 dioxygenase (IDO), which is responsible for the degradation of tryptophan, directly regulates the expression and activity of iNOS ..
- Sue M Penckofer; Fiscal Year: 2016..tryptophan by shunting it away from serotonin synthesis via stimulation of the enzyme indoleamine 2, 3-dioxygenase (IDO)...
- Augusto C Ochoa; Fiscal Year: 2016..of the amino acids arginine or tryptophan by the enzymes arginase 1 (Ase-1) and indoleamine 2,3- dioxygenase (IDO) is one of the mechanisms by which the immune system regulates the magnitude of its response and prevents ..
- Aging, Microglial Dysregulation and DepressionJonathan P Godbout; Fiscal Year: 2013..LPS) challenge, exhibiting exaggerated induction of interleukin (IL)-12 and indoleamine 2,3 dioxygenase (IDO)...
- Robin R Ingalls; Fiscal Year: 2016..Coincidentally, the placenta is a tissue high in indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenase (IDO), which results in the degradation of intracellular pools of tryptophan...
- David H Munn; Fiscal Year: 2014..the previous period of support, the project has identified the immunoregulatory enzyme indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenase (IDO) as occupying a pivotal role in coordinating this tumor-induced state of suppression and unresponsiveness...
- Indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenase protective role in lung transplantationGary A Visner; Fiscal Year: 2010..We have recently shown that indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenase (IDO) results in protection against acute rejection using a rat orthotopic lung allograft model...
- David H Munn; Fiscal Year: 2016..The tryptophan-catabolizing enzyme indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenase (IDO) is an innate molecular mechanism of acquired tolerance in vivo...
- David H Munn; Fiscal Year: 2016..This proposal builds upon the novel discovery that three key molecular pathways - indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenase (IDO), CD40/CD40L and CTLA-4 - all become tightly linked in tumor-bearing hosts, functioning together as a single ..
- Development of Immunotherapeutic Strategies in the Treatment of Lung CancerScott J Antonia; Fiscal Year: 2012..strategies targeting the immunosuppressive effects of tumor cells are: (1) ATRA, (2) 1-methyl tryptophan (IDO inhibitor), and (3) lymphodepletion to eliminate T reg cells and induce homeostatic T cell proliferation...
- Indoleamine 23-Dioxygnease in Intestinal InflammationWilliam F Stenson; Fiscal Year: 2010b>IDO is an enzyme that metabolizes tryptophan resulting in depletion of tryptophan levels. Tryptophan depletion leads to an impairment of lymphocyte proliferation and a downregulation of the immune response...
- Laura Mandik-Nayak; Fiscal Year: 2014..This is indicative of activation of the enzyme indoleamine-2,3-dioxygenase (IDO), which initiates the breakdown of tryptophan...
- NOVEL CELLULAR &GENETIC ANALYSES USING A NEW CHLAMYDIA PENETRANT PEPTIDEAlison J Quayle; Fiscal Year: 2012..trachomatis attenuates IFN?-dependent expression of indoleamine-2,3-dioxygenase (IDO1). Attenuation permits C...
- Annemieke Kavelaars; Fiscal Year: 2016..that can culminate into depressive behavior when the tryptophan metabolizing enzyme 2,3 indoleamine dioxygenase (IDO) is up regulated...
- IDO2 Targeting for pancreatic cancer treatmentGeorge C Prendergast; Fiscal Year: 2012..unexplored compared to the more broadly expressed tryptophan catabolic enzyme indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenase (IDO), which is widely recognized to suppresses T cell activity and mediate immune escape in human cancers...
- DANA H GABUZDA; Fiscal Year: 2014..Cocaine alters these pathways by modulating the IDO/tryptophan metabolism pathway and innate immune responses, promoting pathological inflammation, dysfunctional ..
- IDO-induced Tryptophan Catabolism and Mortality in Treated HIV-infected AfricansPeter W Hunt; Fiscal Year: 2012..We have recently identified the indole 2,3-dioxygenase-1 (IDO) tryptophan catabolism pathway - which has recently been implicated as an important determinant of HIV pathogenesis ..
- INDOLEAMINE 2,3-DIOXYGENASE IN OPPORTUNISTIC INFECTIONSSOHAN GUPTA; Fiscal Year: 1992..Destruction of L-tryptophan is due to the increased activity of indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenase (IDO) which is in turn transcriptionally activated by IFN-gamma...
- Novel immune-based therapy for leishmaniasis and tuberculosisChristopher Karp; Fiscal Year: 2009DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Indolamine 2,3-deoxygenase enzymes (IDO-1 and IDO-2) play important counter-regulatory roles in the immune system...
- INDOLEAMINE DIOXYGENASE IN INTRACELLULAR INFECTIONSJOSEPH CARLIN; Fiscal Year: 1992DESCRIPTION (Adapted from applicant's abstract): This new AREA grant proposal concerns indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenase (IDO), an enzyme induced in a variety of cell types by interferons and that catalyzes the oxidative cleavage of tryptophan...
- Role of IDO in the age-related increase in severity of graft versus host diseaseLisa K Jasperson; Fiscal Year: 2010..Our data implicate the enzyme indoleamine 2,3-dixogyenase (IDO) as a critical mediator of GVHD suppression...
- Placental Treg Activation and Pregnancy Outcome in the FIV-infected Cat ModelGREGORY TODD PHARR; Fiscal Year: 2010..immunomodulators that will be evaluated in the adjacent microenvironment will include indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenase (IDO), an immunosuppressive enzyme produced by antigen presenting cells (APCs) and trophoblasts, cytokines INF-c, TNF-", ..
- KUNLE O ODUNSI; Fiscal Year: 2016..The proposed projects will: 1) Test a novel therapeutic strategy to break indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenase (IDO)-mediated immune tolerance in ovarian cancer, while inducing anti-tumor-specific immunity in patients in second ..
- ANDREW LEE MELLOR; Fiscal Year: 2016..Our long-term goals are to elucidate the role of the natural regulatory enzyme indoleamine 2,3 dioxygenase (IDO) in suppressing autoimmunity, and to harness this pathway as a novel approach to treat autoimmune syndromes...
- M Christine Zink; Fiscal Year: 2014..stimulation of the innate immune system characterized by ongoing production of IFNa and [unreadable] as well as IDO during HIV infection is thought to be responsible for increased activation and proliferation of T cells, loss of T ..
- IL-4 Overexpressing Dendritic Cells and Exosomes for Treatment of Type 1 DiabetesMELANIE A RUFFNER; Fiscal Year: 2010..I have tested DC infected with adenoviral vectors expressing several different transgenes, including FasL, IDO, IL-10, as well as a soluble and membrane-bound form of IL-4 (slL-4 and mblL-4), for their ability to delay onset ..
- PC-NSAIDs for Chemoprevention of Colorectal CancerLenard M Lichtenberger; Fiscal Year: 2013..of phosphatidylcholine (PC)-associated NSAIDs for chemopreventive activity, ibuprofen (IBU- PC) and indomethacin (INDO-PC) that have been documented in preclinical studies and a pilot clinical trial (IBU-PC) to be safer to the GI ..
- EXCITATION-CONTRACTION COUPLING IN VENTRICULAR CELLSMark Cannell; Fiscal Year: 1990..with a single micro-electrode technique while free intracellular calcium will be measured using Fura-2 and/or Indo-1...
- DETERMINATION OF HYPERTHERMIC CELL KILLING MECHANISMSMichael Borrelli; Fiscal Year: 1992..changes in (Ca+2)i and total intracellular calcium will be measured, respectively, with the fluorescent calcium dye indo 1 and atomic absorption...
- Robert Seymour; Fiscal Year: 2015DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): The goal of this research proposal is to determine the role of IDO (indolamine 2,3-dioxygenase) in the pathogenesis/host response to infection by Venezuelan equine encephalitis (VEEV) and eastern ..
- Immunosuppression by Adult Stem CellsYufang Shi; Fiscal Year: 2013..MSCs are equally effective in suppressing T cells and have a similar spectrum of chemokine production, they utilize IDO to affect immunosuppression...
- Inflammation-Induced Behavioral Alterations: A Psychogenomic ApproachSANDRA L RODRIGUEZ ZAS; Fiscal Year: 2013..murine model of Bacillus Calmette-Guerin (BCG) induced inflammation and our indoleamine 2,3 dioxygenase knock-out (IDO KO) mice to answer two important and rate-limiting questions: Aim 1) What genes are differentially expressed in ..
- DC-T Cell Interactions in Pulmonary Immune ResponsesAnuradha Ray; Fiscal Year: 2012..In these studies, we have the unexpected finding that lack of the enzyme indoleamine 2,3 dioxygenase (IDO) in mice does not impair antigen-induced airway tolerance although IDO has been associated with immune suppression ..
- Michael N Starnbach; Fiscal Year: 2014..trachomatis resistance;instead humans resist infection through the expression of indole-2,3-dioxygenase (IDO)...
- Don J Diamond; Fiscal Year: 2014..Overexpression of indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenase (IDO) in PDAC plays a major role in accelerating disease progression by suppressing antitumor immunity...
- Mechanisms of Acceptance in Mouse Renal AllograftsRobert B Colvin; Fiscal Year: 2013..as the co-expression of latency associated protein (LAP) and Foxp3 or DC expression of indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenase (IDO), that might be used to distinguish foxp3 dependent from foxp3 independent forms of graft acceptance...
- Song Guo Zheng; Fiscal Year: 2016..suppress T cell response, but also induce the formation of tolerogenic DCs and these DCs produce IL-27, atRA and/or IDO that eventually restrain Th17 cell differentiation and function...
- Novel Strategies for prevention of diabetic vascular dysfunction.ANDREW LEE MELLOR; Fiscal Year: 2012..Our working hypothesis is that increased arginase and indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenase (IDO) activity cause vascular endothelial dysfunction and inflammatory injury by a positive feedback cycle of ..
- Prenatal Exposure to Solid Fuel Smoke and Birth Outcomes in Sri LankaNalini Sathiakumar; Fiscal Year: 2011..We will measure PM2.5 and CO by real-time continuous monitoring and assess gestational age by ultrasound. This Indo-US collaboration will add to the body of knowledge on solid fuel use as a risk factor for birth outcome and infant ..
- Pharmacological vaccine adjuvants: analysis of immune responses to vaccinesJeannine M Durdik; Fiscal Year: 2010..This work is the US portion of an Indo-US Vaccine Action Plan program...
- Pavan Reddy; Fiscal Year: 2014..experimental acute GVHD partly through induction of the immuno-suppressive enzyme indoleamine 2, 3 dioxygenase (IDO) in host DCs...
- Ramakrishna Vankayalapati; Fiscal Year: 2014..that are preoccupied with apoptosis-resistant Treg cells or Treg- preoccupied islet allografts that over-express IDO survive long term in the liver, whether modifying MAPK and STAT signaling pathways in Treg cells enhances their ..
- SPOTTED FEVER RICKETTSIAL ANTIGENSDavid H Walker; Fiscal Year: 2013..aim 2 is to determine the role of immunoregulatory molecules such as PD-1/PD-L and indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenase (IDO) or cytokines such as IL-10 expressed or produced by DCs and/or T regulatory cells in suppression of T cell ..
- In-Incubator Live Cell Fluorescence/DIC Time Lapse Imaging SystemMartin F Schneider; Fiscal Year: 2010..g., indo-1 dual emission Ca2+ imaging) at times ranging from hours to weeks...
- Ontology-based Information Network to Support Vaccine ResearchYongqun He; Fiscal Year: 2012..VO development will be achieved through collaboration with vaccine researchers, the Infectious Disease Ontology (IDO) Initiative, and the National Center for Biomedical Ontology (NCBO);(2) develop a VO-based natural language ..
- Diagnosis of active TB in HIV infected and uninfected young children in IndiaSanjay Jain; Fiscal Year: 2010..We will build on a strong, existing Indo-US collaboration with Byramjee Jeejeebhoy Medical College (BJMC) and National AIDS Research Institute (NARI), both ..
- T CELL IMMUNOREGULATION BY TRYPTOPHAN DEPLETIONAndrew Mellor; Fiscal Year: 2002..is to examine a novel immunoregulatory mechanism in which cells expressing the enzyme indolamine 2,3 dioxygenase (IDO) regulate T cell responses in vivo...
- T cell regulation by IDO-competent plasmacytoid dendritic cellsANDREW LEE MELLOR; Fiscal Year: 2010..pDCs) in humans and mice uniquely competent to express the immunosuppressive enzyme indoleamine 2,3 dioxygenase (IDO)...
- INDO-US Collaboration to Develop Rotavirus VaccinesPratima Ray; Fiscal Year: 2005..The proposed studies will support future efforts towards vaccine development in India as well as to understanding of adverse events associated with live, oral vaccines. ..
- Probiotics for Infectious Diarrhea in Children in South IndiaHonorine Ward; Fiscal Year: 2009The overall goal of this collaborative study submitted in response to PAR-07-216 (Indo- US Program for Maternal and Child Health) is to investigate whether the modulatory effects of probiotics in the gastrointestinal tract promote ..
- Pilot study of Newborn screening for hemoglobinopathies in South Gujarat IndiaLakshmanan Krishnamurti; Fiscal Year: 2009..This project is a Indo-US collaboration between investigators at Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh and Children's hospital of ..