Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: ICAT
Description: catenin beta interacting protein 1
Alias: ICAT, beta-catenin-interacting protein 1, beta-catenin-interacting protein ICAT, inhibitor of beta-catenin and Tcf-4
Publications196 found, 100 shown here
- IQ-domain GTPase-activating protein 1 regulates beta-catenin at membrane ruffles and its role in macropinocytosis of N-cadherin and adenomatous polyposis coliManisha Sharma
Westmead Institute for Cancer Research, University of Sydney, Westmead Millennium Institute at Westmead Hospital, Westmead, New South Wales 2145, Australia
J Biol Chem 282:8545-56. 2007....
- The crystal structure of the beta-catenin/ICAT complex reveals the inhibitory mechanism of ICATThomas A Graham
Department of Biological Structure, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
Mol Cell 10:563-71. 2002..We have determined the crystal structure at 2.5 A resolution of a complex between beta-catenin and ICAT, a protein that prevents the interaction between beta-catenin and Tcf/Lef family transcription factors...
- Mutation and expression of the beta-catenin-interacting protein ICAT in human colorectal tumorsToru Koyama
Second Department of Surgery, Gunma University School of Medicine, Maebashi, Laboratory of Molecular and Genetic Information, Institution of Molecular and Cellular Biosciences, The University of Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan
Jpn J Clin Oncol 32:358-62. 2002..We have recently identified the ICAT gene, which encodes a small protein that interacts with beta-catenin and represses Wnt signaling.
- Role for ICAT in beta-catenin-dependent nuclear signaling and cadherin functionsCara J Gottardi
Department of Cell Biology, School of Medicine, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA 22908 0732, USA
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 286:C747-56. 2004Inhibitor of beta-catenin and TCF-4 (ICAT) is a 9-kDa polypeptide that inhibits beta-catenin nuclear signaling by binding beta-catenin and competing its interaction with the transcription factor TCF (T cell factor), but basic ..
- Mascot file parsing and quantification (MFPaQ), a new software to parse, validate, and quantify proteomics data generated by ICAT and SILAC mass spectrometric analyses: application to the proteomics study of membrane proteins from primary human endotheliaDavid Bouyssie
Laboratoire de Protéomique et Spectrométrie de Masse des Biomolécules, Equipe Labellisée LIGUE 2006, Institut de Pharmacologie et de Biologie Structurale, CNRS UMR 5089, 205 route de Narbonne, 31077, Toulouse, France
Mol Cell Proteomics 6:1621-37. 2007..search engine and performs protein quantification in the case of isotopic labeling experiments using either the ICAT or SILAC (stable isotope labeling with amino acids in cell culture) method...
- Metadegradomics: toward in vivo quantitative degradomics of proteolytic post-translational modifications of the cancer proteomeAlain Doucet
Centre for Blood Research, 4 401 Life Sciences Institute, University of British Columbia, 2350 Health Sciences Mall, Vancouver, British Columbia V6T 1Z3, Canada
Mol Cell Proteomics 7:1925-51. 2008..Quantitative proteomics using stable isotope labeling, such as ICAT, isobaric tags for relative and absolute quantification (iTRAQ), and stable isotope labeling by amino acids in cell ..
- Identification of thioredoxin disulfide targets using a quantitative proteomics approach based on isotope-coded affinity tagsPer Hägglund
Enzyme and Protein Chemistry, Department of Systems Biology, Søltofts Plads, Building 224, Technical University of Denmark, DK 2800 Kgs Lyngby, Denmark
J Proteome Res 7:5270-6. 2008..reduction based on thiol-specific differential labeling with the iodoacetamide-based isotope-coded affinity tag (ICAT) reagents...
- Quantitative analysis of both protein expression and serine / threonine post-translational modifications through stable isotope labeling with dithiothreitolKeith Vosseller
Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
Proteomics 5:388-98. 2005..BEMAD was comparable to isotope-coded affinity tags (ICAT; a commercially available differential isotopic quantification technique) in protein expression analysis, but also ..
- Quantitative proteomics analysis integrated with microarray data reveals that extracellular matrix proteins, catenins, and p53 binding protein 1 are important for chemotherapy response in ovarian cancersSheng Pan
Department of Pathology, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington, USA
OMICS 13:345-54. 2009..We applied a quantitative proteomic approach based on ICAT/MS/MS technology to analyze tissues harvested at primary debulking surgery before the initiation of combination ..
- Chronic ethanol feeding affects proteasome-interacting proteinsMarie Pierre Bousquet-Dubouch
CNRS, Institut de Pharmacologie et de Biologie Structurale, Toulouse, France
Proteomics 9:3609-22. 2009..b>ICAT and MS/MS spectral counting, further confirmed by Western blot, showed that the levels of several PIPs were ..
- [Effect of C/EBPalpha on the monocytic differentiation of HL60 cells induced by NSC67657]Wei Jia Wang
Department of Laboratory Medicine, Zhongshan People s Hospital, The Affiliated Hospital of Zhongshan University, Zhongshan 528402, China
Zhonghua Zhong Liu Za Zhi 32:262-6. 2010..To figure out the function of C/EBPalpha in the monocytic differentiation of HL60 cells induced by a new steroidal drug NSC67657...
- Alpha 1-adrenoceptor activation of a non-selective cation current in rabbit portal vein by 1,2-diacyl-sn-glycerolR M Helliwell
Department of Pharmacology and Clinical Pharmacology, St George s Hospital Medical School, London, UK
J Physiol 499:417-28. 1997..transduction mechanisms involved in the activation and modulation of the noradrenaline-activated cation current (Icat) were investigated with whole-cell patch clamp techniques in rabbit portal vein smooth muscle cells. 2...
- ANIBAL, stable isotope-based quantitative proteomics by aniline and benzoic acid labeling of amino and carboxylic groupsAlexandre Panchaud
Département de Microbiologie Fondamentale, Universite de Lausanne, Quartier UNIL Sorge, Bâtiment Biophore, CH 1015 Lausanne, Switzerland
Mol Cell Proteomics 7:800-12. 2008..Although the combination of existing approaches, e.g. ICAT with isotope-coded protein labeling, is analytically feasible, it implies high costs, and the combined application ..
- Differential profiling of breast cancer plasma proteome by isotope-coded affinity tagging method reveals biotinidase as a breast cancer biomarkerUn Beom Kang
Life Sciences Division, Korea Institute of Science and Technology, Seoul 136 791, Korea
BMC Cancer 10:114. 2010..It is important to discover a reliable biomarker for the detection of breast cancer. Plasma is the most ideal source for cancer biomarker discovery since many cells cross-communicate through the secretion of soluble proteins into blood...
- A method to identify and simultaneously determine the relative quantities of proteins isolated by gel electrophoresisSalvatore Sechi
National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases, National Institutes of Health, 6707 Democracy Blvd, Rm 611, Bethesda, MD 20892 5460, USA
Rapid Commun Mass Spectrom 16:1416-24. 2002..g. using ICAT reagents or growing cells in isotopically enriched nutrients)...
- Proteomic analysis of nipple aspirate fluid from women with early-stage breast cancer using isotope-coded affinity tags and tandem mass spectrometry reveals differential expression of vitamin D binding proteinTimothy M Pawlik
Department of Surgical Oncology, The University of Texas M, d, Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas, USA
BMC Cancer 6:68. 2006Isotope-coded affinity tag (ICAT) tandem mass spectrometry (MS) allows for qualitative and quantitative analysis of paired protein samples...
- Quantitative proteomics for identification of cancer biomarkersRaghothama Chaerkady
Institute of Bioinformatics, International Technology Park, Bangalore, India Departments of Biological Chemistry, Pathology and Oncology, McKusick Nathans Institute of Genetic Medicine, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD, USA
Proteomics Clin Appl 1:1080-9. 2007..methods such as stable isotope labeling with amino acids in cell culture (SILAC), isotope-coded affinity tagging (ICAT), isobaric tags for relative and absolute quantitation (iTRAQ), and (18) O labeling have all been used in ..
- Protease degradomics: mass spectrometry discovery of protease substrates and the CLIP-CHIP, a dedicated DNA microarray of all human proteases and inhibitorsChristopher M Overall
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, British Columbia V6T 1Z3, Canada
Biol Chem 385:493-504. 2004..In another approach we used isotope-coded affinity tag (ICAT) labeling with tandem mass spectrometry to quantitate the levels of secreted or shed extracellular proteins in MDA-..
- Interagency relationships among rural early intervention collaborativesB J Polivka
Ohio State University College of Nursing, Columbus, 43210, USA
Public Health Nurs 18:340-9. 2001..Respondents from 42 agencies completed the 18-item Interagency Collaboration Assessment Tool (ICAT) and demographic questions. The ICAT uses a 5-point Likert-type scale to assess the five domains of the model...
- Angiotensin II signaling pathways mediate expression of cardiac T-type calcium channelsLaurent Ferron
CNRS UMR 8078, Remodelage Tissulaire et Fonctionnel, Hopital Marie Lannelongue, 133 avenue de la Resistance, 92350 Le Plessis Robinson, France
Circ Res 93:1241-8. 2003Recent studies indicate that cardiac T-type Ca2+ current (ICaT) reappears in hypertrophied ventricular cells...
- A mechanism-based ICAT strategy for comparing relative expression and activity levels of glycosidases in biological systemsOmid Hekmat
Department of Chemistry, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC, Canada
J Proteome Res 7:3282-92. 2008An activity-based isotope-coded affinity tagging (AB-ICAT) strategy for proteome-wide quantitation of active retaining endoglycosidases has been developed...
- Elucidation of thioredoxin target protein networks in mouseCexiong Fu
Center for Advanced Proteomics Research, Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, New Jersey Medical School Cancer Center, Newark, New Jersey 07103, USA
Mol Cell Proteomics 8:1674-87. 2009..In this study, we performed an ICAT proteomics study for the identification of Trx1 target proteins from the hearts of a cardiac specific Trx1-..
- Apparent autosomal dominant keratoconus in a large Australian pedigree accounted for by digenic inheritance of two novel lociKathryn P Burdon
Department of Ophthalmology, Flinders University, Flinders Medical Centre, Bedford Park, Adelaide, SA, 5042, Australia
Hum Genet 124:379-86. 2008..Although the pedigree appears to demonstrate simple autosomal dominant inheritance, the disorder is actually genetically complex. This pedigree may provide a link between inherited forms of keratoconus and sporadic cases...
- Comparative studies of early liver dysfunction in senescence-accelerated mouse using mitochondrial proteomics approachesYashu Liu
The National Laboratory of Protein Engineering and Plant Genetic Engineering, College of Life Sciences, Peking University, Beijing 100871, China
Mol Cell Proteomics 7:1737-47. 2008..Here we used both two-dimensional electrophoresis- and ICAT-based mitochondrial proteomics analysis to view the liver mitochondrial protein alterations between SAMP8 and SAMR1...
- Potentiating actions of lanthanum on ACh-induced cation current in guinea-pig ileal smooth muscle cellsR Inoue
Department of Pharmacology, Faculty of Medicine, Kyushu University, Fukuoka, Japan
J Smooth Muscle Res 34:69-81. 1998Potentiating actions of external lanthanum (La3+) on muscarinic receptor-activated nonselective cation current (Icat) were investigated in myocytes dissociated from the longitudinal muscle layer of guinea-pig ileum, with a whole-cell ..
- Pharmacoproteomics of a metalloproteinase hydroxamate inhibitor in breast cancer cells: dynamics of membrane type 1 matrix metalloproteinase-mediated membrane protein sheddingGeorgina S Butler
Department of Oral Biological and Medical Sciences, Centre for Blood Research, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada
Mol Cell Biol 28:4896-914. 2008..and membrane fractions with levels that were modulated by the MMPI were identified by isotope-coded affinity tag (ICAT) labeling and tandem mass spectrometry...
- Functional Ca2+ and Na+ channels on mouse Schwann cells cultured in serum-free medium: regulation by a diffusible factor from neurons and by cAMPC Beaudu-Lange
INSERM U394, I F R 8, Bordeaux, France
Eur J Neurosci 10:1796-809. 1998..Of the Schwann cells that did not contact axons, 46.5% expressed T-type Ca2+ conductances (ICaT)...
- Beta-catenin binds to the activation function 2 region of the androgen receptor and modulates the effects of the N-terminal domain and TIF2 on ligand-dependent transcriptionLiang Nian Song
Department of Oncology, Lombardi Cancer Center, Georgetown University School of Medicine, Washington, D C 20007 2197, USA
Mol Cell Biol 23:1674-87. 2003..b>ICAT, an inhibitor of T-cell factor 4 (TCF-4), and E-cadherin binding to beta-catenin also blocked binding of the ..
- A comparative evaluation of software for the analysis of liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry data from isotope coded affinity tag experimentsRobert Moulder
Turku Centre for Biotechnology, University of Turku and Abo Akademi University, 20521 Turku, Finland
Proteomics 5:2748-60. 2005The options available for processing quantitative data from isotope coded affinity tag (ICAT) experiments have mostly been confined to software specific to the instrument of acquisition...
- Comprehensive proteomic analysis of protein changes during platelet storage requires complementary proteomic approachesJonathan N Thon
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Transfusion 48:425-35. 2008..This study addresses relative differences among proteomics approaches to the analysis of the PLT storage lesion...
- [Quantitative analysis of nuclear proteome in apoptosis hepatoma cells induced by hydroxycamptothecin]Yu Rong Yan
Chongqing University of Medical Science, Key Laboratory of Laboratory Medical Diagnostics, Ministry of Education, Chongqing 400016
Fen Zi Xi Bao Sheng Wu Xue Bao 41:120-8. 2008..Nuclear proteins labelled with cleavable isotope-coded affinity tag (c-ICAT) reagent were digested and purified...
- MaXIC-Q Web: a fully automated web service using statistical and computational methods for protein quantitation based on stable isotope labeling and LC-MSChih Chiang Tsou
Institute of Information Science and Institute of Chemistry, Academia Sinica, Nankang, Taipei, Taiwan 115
Nucleic Acids Res 37:W661-9. 2009..g. SILAC, ICAT and user-developed labeling methods...
- An online lifestyle diary with a persuasive computer assistant providing feedback on self-managementOlivier A Blanson Henkemans
Delft University of Technology, Delft, The Netherlands
Technol Health Care 17:253-67. 2009..e., the use of an online lifestyle diary called DieetInzicht.nl. The assistant is represented by an animated iCat, which shows different facial expressions and provides cooperative feedback following principles from the ..
- Chromatin-specific regulation of LEF-1-beta-catenin transcription activation and inhibition in vitroA V Tutter
Regulatory Biology Laboratory, The Salk Institute for Biological Studies, La Jolla, California 92037, USA
Genes Dev 15:3342-54. 2001..LEF-1-beta-cat transactivation in vitro was also repressed by inhibitor of beta-catenin and Tcf-4 (ICAT), a physiological inhibitor of Wnt/Wg signaling that interacts with ARM repeats 11 and 12, and by the nonsteroidal ..
- The study of macromolecular complexes by quantitative proteomicsJeffrey A Ranish
Institute for Systems Biology, 1441 North 34th Street, Seattle, Washington 98103 8904, USA
Nat Genet 33:349-55. 2003..It is based on the use of isotope-coded affinity tag (ICAT) reagents and mass spectrometry to compare the relative abundances of tryptic peptides derived from suitable pairs ..
- Methods for proteomics in neuroscienceNilesh S Tannu
Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, Wake Forest University School of Medicine, Winston Salem, NC 27157, USA
Prog Brain Res 158:41-82. 2006..g., two-dimensional difference in gel electrophoresis (2D-DIGE), isotope-coded affinity tag (ICAT) and iTRAQ) are elaborated...
- Genomic and proteomic expression analysis of Leishmania promastigote and amastigote life stages: the Leishmania genome is constitutively expressedKirk Leifso
Immunity and Infection Research Centre, Vancouver Coastal Health Research Institute, Canada
Mol Biochem Parasitol 152:35-46. 2007..Quantitative proteomics, using the isotope coded affinity tag (ICAT) technology and mass spectrometry, was used to identify L...
- Quantification of oxidative posttranslational modifications of cysteine thiols of p21ras associated with redox modulation of activity using isotope-coded affinity tags and mass spectrometryMahadevan Sethuraman
Vascular Biology Unit, Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, MA 02118, USA
Free Radic Biol Med 42:823-9. 2007..Here we used an isotope-coded affinity tag (ICAT) and mass spectrometry to quantitate the reversible and irreversible oxidative posttranslational thiol ..
- Proteomics analysis of the expression of neurogranin in murine neuroblastoma (Neuro-2a) cells reveals its involvement for cell differentiationNian Lin Reena Han
Department of Biological Sciences, National University of Singapore, Singapore 117543, Singapore
Int J Biol Sci 3:263-73. 2007..changes due to the expression of Ng in murine neuroblastoma (Neuro-2a) cells using isotope coded affinity tags (ICAT) combined with 2-dimensional liquid chromatography/tandem mass spectrometry (2D-LC/MS/MS)...
- Accuracy of reconstructed images from cone-beam computed tomography scansManish Lamichane
Department of Developmental Biology, School of Dental Medicine, Harvard University, Boston, Mass
Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop 136:156.e1-6; discussion 156-7. 2009..this study was to determine whether 2-dimensional (2D) images produced from cone-beam computed tomography (CBCT) images taken with an iCAT scanner (Imaging Sciences International, Hatfield, Pa) can substitute for traditional cephalograms.
- Automated generic analysis tools for protein quantitation using stable isotope labelingWen Lian Hsu
Institute of Information Science, Academia Sinica, Taipei, Taiwan
Methods Mol Biol 604:257-72. 2010..g., iTRAQ-labeling quantitation, and the other by MS scans, e.g., quantitation using SILAC, ICAT, or (18)O labeling...
- Proteomic profiling of lipopolysaccharide-activated macrophages by isotope coded affinity taggingKristian E Swearingen
Department of Chemistry, University of Washington, P O Box 351700, Seattle, Washington 98195 1700, USA
J Proteome Res 9:2412-21. 2010..We performed isotope coded affinity tagging (ICAT), multidimensional liquid chromatography, and mass spectrometry to identify proteins that are differently expressed ..
- Wheat proteomics: relationship between fine chromosome deletion and protein expressionNazrul Islam
Kihara Institute for Biological Research, Yokohama City University, Japan
Proteomics 3:307-16. 2003..to chromosome deletion, the feasibility of a new analytical approach based on isotope coded affinity tag labeling (ICAT) of peptides in tryptic digests followed by electrospray ionization mass spectrometry has been described...
- Minimizing resolution of isotopically coded peptides in comparative proteomicsRoujian Zhang
Department of Chemistry, Purdue University, West Lafayette, Indiana 47907, USA
J Proteome Res 1:139-47. 2002..Heavy isotope derivatizing agents used in this work were the commercially available 2H8-ICAT reagent and 13C4-succinic anhydride...
- Evaluation of shotgun sequencing for proteomic analysis of human plasma using HPLC coupled with either ion trap or Fourier transform mass spectrometryShiaw Lin Wu
ThermoFinnigan, 355 River Oaks Parkway, San Jose, California, USA
J Proteome Res 2:383-93. 2003..The isotope coded affinity tag (ICAT) approach was used to quantitate successfully different levels of hGH in replicate analysis via the disulfide ..
- Synergism between inositol phosphates and diacylglycerol on native TRPC6-like channels in rabbit portal vein myocytesA P Albert
Department of Basic Medical Sciences, Pharmacology and Clinical Pharmacology, St George s Hospital Medical School, Cranmer Terrace, London SW17 0RE, UK
J Physiol 552:789-95. 2003In rabbit portal vein myocytes noradrenaline activates a non-selective cation current (Icat) which involves a transient receptor potential protein (TRPC6)...
- Quantitative proteomic and transcriptional analysis of the response to the p38 mitogen-activated protein kinase inhibitor SB203580 in transformed follicular lymphoma cellsZhaosheng Lin
Associated Regional and University Pathologists ARUP Institute for Clinical and Experimental Pathology, University of Utah School of Medicine, Salt Lake City, UT 84132, USA
Mol Cell Proteomics 3:820-33. 2004..Quantitative proteomic analysis using ICAT-LC-MS/MS identified 277 differentially expressed proteins at 3 h and 350 proteins at 21 h of treatment with ..
- Web-accessible proteome databases for microbial researchKlaus Peter Pleissner
Max Planck Institute for Infection Biology, Berlin, Germany
Proteomics 4:1305-13. 2004..Novel technologies such as isotope coded affinity tag (ICAT)-liquid chromatography/mass spectrometry (LC/MS) open new insights into protein alterations...
- L-type and T-type Ca2+ current in cultured ventricular guinea pig myocytesK Zorn-Pauly
Institut für Mediziniche Physik und Biophysik, Universitat Graz, Harrachgasse 21, A 8010 Graz, Austria
Physiol Res 53:369-77. 2004..Using whole-cell patch clamp techniques ICaL and ICaT were studied by applying voltage protocols from different holding potentials (-40 and -90 mV)...
- Quantitative proteomics of cerebrospinal fluid from patients with Alzheimer diseaseJing Zhang
Department of Pathology, University of Washington School of Medicine, Seattle, WA 98104, USA
J Alzheimers Dis 7:125-33; discussion 173-80. 2005..microcapillary liquid chromatography mass spectrometry of proteins labeled with isotope-coded affinity tags (ICAT), to quantify relative changes in the proteome of human cerebrospinal fluid (CSF) obtained from the lumbar cistern...
- In vivo drug-response in patients with leukemic non-Hodgkin's lymphomas is associated with in vitro chemosensitivity and gene expression profilingKai Uwe Chow
University Hospital, Department of Internal Medicine II, Hematology and Oncology, Frankfurt Main, Germany
Pharmacol Res 53:49-61. 2006..and cell cycle signalling including complement lysis inhibitor (clusterin/CLU), beta-catenin interacting protein (ICAT), peroxisome proliferator activated receptor alpha (PPARalpha), TNF alpha converting enzyme (ADAM17/TACE), homeo ..
- High-throughput identification of IMCD proteins using LC-MS/MSTrairak Pisitkun
Laboratory of Kidney and Electrolyte Metabolism, National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland, USA
Physiol Genomics 25:263-76. 2006..We used the isotope-coded affinity tag (ICAT) technique to identify IMCD proteins that change in abundance in response to vasopressin...
- Label-free protein quantification using LC-coupled ion trap or FT mass spectrometry: Reproducibility, linearity, and application with complex proteomesGuanghui Wang
Proteomics Core Facility, National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
J Proteome Res 5:1214-23. 2006..While stable-isotope labeling (e.g., ICAT, 18O- or 15N-labeling, or AQUA) remains the core technology used in mass spectrometry-based proteomic ..
- Quantitative proteomic profiling of pancreatic cancer juiceRu Chen
GI Division Department of Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
Proteomics 6:3871-9. 2006..We used isotope-code affinity tag (ICAT) technology and MS/MS to perform quantitative protein profiling of pancreatic juice from pancreatic cancer patients ..
- Proteomic analysis of opsins and thyroid hormone-induced retinal development using isotope-coded affinity tags (ICAT) and mass spectrometryW Ted Allison
Department of Biology, University of Victoria, Victoria, British Columbia, Canada
Mol Vis 12:655-72. 2006..We also sought to begin a characterization of proteomic changes in the retina occurring with TH treatment and address whether TH affects proliferation or photoreceptor differentiation...
- Protein profiling of sickle cell versus control RBC core membrane skeletons by ICAT technology and tandem mass spectrometryJose Chou
Department of Molecular and Cell Biology, University of Texas at Dallas, Richardson, Texas, USA
Cell Mol Biol Lett 11:326-37. 2006A proteomic approach using a cleavable ICAT reagent and nano-LC ESI tandem mass spectrometry was used to perform protein profiling of core RBC membrane skeleton proteins between sickle cell patients (SS) and controls (AA), and determine ..
- Morphine administration alters the profile of hippocampal postsynaptic density-associated proteins: a proteomics study focusing on endocytic proteinsJose A Morón
Department of Pharmacology and Biological Chemistry, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, New York 10029, USA
Mol Cell Proteomics 6:29-42. 2007..We applied a quantitative proteomics analysis technique with the cleavable ICAT reagent to quantitate relative changes in protein levels of the hippocampal PSD in response to morphine ..
- Wilms tumor suppressor WTX negatively regulates WNT/beta-catenin signalingMichael B Major
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, University of Washington School of Medicine, Box 357370, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
Science 316:1043-6. 2007..These data provide a possible mechanistic explanation for the tumor suppressor activity of WTX...
- Loss of ICAT gene function leads to arrest of ureteric bud branching and renal agenesisYoshimi Hasegawa
Department of Anatomy I, Fujita Health University School of Medicine, Toyoake, Aichi 470 1192, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 362:988-94. 2007b>ICAT, inhibitor of beta-catenin and T cell factor, or Ctnnbip1, is a negative regulator of the Wnt signaling pathway that interferes with the interaction between beta-catenin and T cell factor...
- Differential proteomics in the aging Noble rat ventral prostateYing Wai Lam
Department of Environmental Health, Division of Environmental Genetics and Molecular Toxicology, University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, Cincinnati, OH, USA
Proteomics 8:2750-63. 2008..of Noble rats by identifying differentially expressed prostate proteins between 3- and 16-month-old animals using ICAT and MS...
- [17 beta-estradiol inhibits T-type calcium channels in mouse spermatogenic cells]Liang Lu
The Ministry of Education Key Lab of Modern Toxicology, Nanjing Medical University, Nanjing, Jiangsu 210029, China
Zhonghua Nan Ke Xue 14:483-8. 2008To investigate the effect of 17 beta-estradiol (E2) on T-type calcium currents (ICaT) in spermatogenic cells.
- Proteomic analysis of lymphoid and haematopoietic neoplasms: there's more than biomarker discoveryAlberto Zamo
Dip di Patologia, Sezione di Anatomia Patologica, Universita di Verona, Verona, Italy
J Proteomics 73:508-20. 2010..and tissues proteomics, and discuss the improvement allowed by the new developed proteomic strategies, such as nanofluidic systems, analysis of formalin-fixed tissues, and quantitative high throughput techniques (SILAC, ICAT, iTRAQ).
- Quantitative proteomic analysis of CMS-related changes in Honglian CMS rice antherQingping Sun
Key Laboratory of MOE for Plant Developmental Biology, College of Life Sciences, Wuhan University, 430072, Wuhan, Hubei, People s Republic of China
Protein J 28:341-8. 2009..We used isotope-code affinity tag (ICAT) technology to perform the protein profiling of uninucleate stage rice anther and identify the CMS-HL related ..
- MSQuant, an open source platform for mass spectrometry-based quantitative proteomicsPeter Mortensen
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Southern Denmark, Center for Experimental Bioinformatics, Odense, Campusvej 55, DK 5230 Odense M, Denmark
J Proteome Res 9:393-403. 2010..g., (15)N), residue labels (e.g., SILAC and ICAT), termini labels (e.g., (18)O), functional group labels (e.g., mTRAQ), and label-free ion intensity approaches...
- Thrombus of the internal carotid artery: the contribution of computed tomographic angiography to clinical managementGeorge T Pisimisis
Division of Vascular Surgery, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN, USA
Vasc Endovascular Surg 44:302-4. 2010..We describe 2 symptomatic patients with severe stenosis on duplex scanning and internal carotid artery thrombus (ICAT) identified on subsequent computed tomographic angiography...
- A coactivator role of CARM1 in the dysregulation of β-catenin activity in colorectal cancer cell growth and gene expressionChen Yin Ou
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Mol Cancer Res 9:660-70. 2011....
- Cone-beam computed tomography evaluation of relationship between tongue volume and lower incisor irregularityTancan Uysal
Department of Orthodontics, Faculty of Dentistry, Izmir Katip Celebi University, Izmir, Turkey
Eur J Orthod 35:555-62. 2013..Tomography was carried out using iCAT® (Imaging Sciences International, Hatfield, Pennsylvania, USA) and segmentation was carried out by using Mimics 10...
- Expression of E-cadherin and β-catenin in two cholangiocarcinoma cell lines (OZ and HuCCT1) with different degree of invasiveness of the primary tumorYasser Abuetabh
Department of Lab Medicine and Pathology, University of Alberta Hospital, NW, Edmonton, Alberta T6G 2B7, Canada
Ann Clin Lab Sci 41:217-23. 2011....
- Cost-effectiveness and cost-utility of beclomethasone/formoterol versus fluticasone propionate/salmeterol in patients with moderate to severe asthmaSimone Gerzeli
Department of Political and Social Sciences, University of Pavia, Pavia, Italy
Clin Drug Investig 32:253-65. 2012..However, this study did not provide evidence on costs and did not quantify quality-of-life parameters...
- Development of retinal pigment epithelium from human parthenogenetic embryonic stem cells and microRNA signatureWen bo Li
Tianjin Medical University Eye Centre, Tianjin, China
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 53:5334-43. 2012..We investigated the potential of human parthenogenetic embryonic stem cells (hPESCs) to differentiate into RPE cells, and identified development-regulating microRNAs (miRNAs)...
- Secretion and maturation of conotoxins in the venom ducts of Conus textileRowan Dobson
Laboratory of Mass Spectrometry, Department of Chemistry, University of Liege, Liege, Belgium
Toxicon 60:1370-9. 2012..This research uses the two mass spectrometric techniques of isotope Coded Affinity Tagging (ICAT) and label-free quantification to study each of five portions of the venom duct of Conus textile snails from New ..
- Beta-catenin and survivin expression in keratocystic odontogenic tumor (KCOT). A comparative immunohistochemical study in primary, recurrent and nevoid basal cell carcinoma syndrome (NBCCS)-associated lesionsR Leonardi
Department of Medical and Surgical Science II Dental Unit University of Catania, Catania, Italy
Histol Histopathol 28:1175-84. 2013....
- Identification of thioredoxin target protein networks in cardiac tissues of a transgenic mouseCexiong Fu
Pharmacokinetics, Dynamics and Metabolism, Pfizer Global Research and Development, Pfizer Inc, Groton, CT, USA
Methods Mol Biol 1005:181-97. 2013..techniques-isobaric tags for relative and absolute quantification (iTRAQ) and redox isotope-coded affinity tags (ICAT)-to elucidate the cardiovascular redox-proteome changes and thioredoxin 1 (Trx1)-regulated protein network in ..
- Parathyroid hormone-related protein inhibits DKK1 expression through c-Jun-mediated inhibition of β-catenin activation of the DKK1 promoter in prostate cancerH Zhang
Department of Urology, School of Medicine, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, USA
Oncogene 33:2464-77. 2014..Together, these results demonstrate a novel signaling linkage between PTHrP and Wnt signaling pathways that results in downregulation of a Wnt inhibitor allowing for Wnt activity that could contribute the osteoblastic nature of PCa. ..
- Improved identification of wheat gluten proteins through alkylation of cysteine residues and peptide-based mass spectrometryIne Rombouts
German Research Center for Food Chemistry, Leibniz Institute, Lise Meitner Strasse 34, D 85354 Freising, Germany
Sci Rep 3:2279. 2013..In addition, to the best of our knowledge, we were the first to label prolamins with isotope coded affinity tags (ICAT), which are commonly used for quantitative proteomics...
- Expression of β-catenin and cyclin D1 in Merkel cell carcinomas of the head and neckClaudia Lill
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery, Medical University of Vienna, Waehringer Guertel 18 20, 1090, Vienna, Austria
Wien Klin Wochenschr 125:501-7. 2013..The Wnt pathway protein β-catenin and the cell cycle protein cyclin D1 are two promotors of tumor growth and are expressed in a variety of malignant neoplasms such as lymphomas, thyroid, breast cancer, and many others...
- New perspectives on β-catenin control of cell fate and proliferation in colon cancerYang Yang
Clinical College of General Hospital of Armed Police Forces, Anhui Medical University, Hefei 230032, China Department of Anorectal, General Hospital of Armed Police Forces, Beijing 100039, China
Food Chem Toxicol 74:14-9. 2014..These results show that β-catenin may serve as a good diagnosis biomarker of early-stage tumor development and a novel potential therapeutic target for colon cancer. ..
- Identifying risky drinking patterns over the course of Saturday evenings: An event-level studyEmmanuel Kuntsche
Addiction Switzerland, Research Institute
Psychol Addict Behav 29:744-52. 2015..completed by 164 young adults on 514 evenings via the Internet-based cell phone optimized assessment technique (ICAT). The results showed that the 2-group solution best fitted the data with a "stable low" drinking pattern (64...
- Simultaneous silencing of β-catenin and signal transducer and activator of transcription 3 synergistically induces apoptosis and inhibits cell proliferation in HepG2 liver cancer cellsXin Hong Wang
Department of Gastroenterology, The Second Affiliated Hospital of Harbin Medical University, Harbin, Heilongjiang 150086, P R China
Mol Med Rep 12:2263-8. 2015....
- Stable isotope labelling methods in mass spectrometry-based quantitative proteomicsOsama Chahrour
Spectroscopy Group, Analytical Services, Almac, UK Electronic address
J Pharm Biomed Anal 113:2-20. 2015..Several different strategies involving stable isotopes label (ICAT, ICPL, IDBEST, iTRAQ, TMT, IPTL, SILAC), label-free statistical assessment approaches (MRM, SWATH) and absolute ..
- The Isotope-Coded Affinity Tag Method for Quantitative Protein Profile Comparison and Relative Quantitation of Cysteine Redox ModificationsJames Chun Yip Chan
Department of Pharmacy, National University of Singapore, Singapore
Curr Protoc Protein Sci 82:23.2.1-19. 2015The isotope-coded affinity tag (ICAT) technique has been applied to measure pairwise changes in protein expression through differential stable isotopic labeling of proteins or peptides followed by identification and quantification using a ..
- Phage Selection of Peptide Macrocycles against β-Catenin To Interfere with Wnt SignalingDavide Bertoldo
Institute of Chemical Sciences and Engineering, Ecole Polytechnique Federale de Lausanne EPFL, 1015, Lausanne, Switzerland
ChemMedChem 11:834-9. 2016..The binding site of one group of ligands was mapped to the interaction region of the translational Wnt inhibitor ICAT (inhibitor of β-catenin and Tcf), which is a prime target site on β-catenin for therapeutic intervention, and to ..
- Multicenter Feasibility Study of Tumor Molecular Profiling to Inform Therapeutic Decisions in Advanced Pediatric Solid Tumors: The Individualized Cancer Therapy (iCat) StudyMarian H Harris
Department of Pathology, Boston Children s Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts
JAMA Oncol . 2016..Consequently, it is unknown whether clinical sequencing can be of benefit...
- Frequent inactivation of MCC/CTNNBIP1 and overexpression of phospho-beta-catenin(Y654) are associated with breast carcinoma: Clinical and prognostic significanceNupur Mukherjee
Department of Oncogene Regulation, Chittaranjan National Cancer Institute, 37, S P Mukherjee Road, Kolkata, West Bengal 700026, India Electronic address
Biochim Biophys Acta 1862:1472-84. 2016..Thus, our data suggests that inactivation of MCC/CTNNBIP1 could be an important event in activation of β-catenin mediated transcription of target genes in BC. ..
- A Simple Method to Assess Abundance of the β-Catenin Signaling Pool in CellsAnnette S Flozak
Department of Pulmonary Medicine, Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University, 240 East Huron St, McGaw Pavilion, M 323, Chicago, IL, 60611, USA
Methods Mol Biol 1481:49-60. 2016..allows for simple assessment of the cadherin-free fraction of β-catenin in cells, using a GST-tagged form of ICAT (Inhibitor of β-Catenin and Tcf) as an affinity matrix...
- Interactive roles of the cerebellum and striatum in sub-second and supra-second timing: Support for an initiation, continuation, adjustment, and termination (ICAT) model of temporal processingElijah A Petter
Department of Psychology and Neuroscience, Duke University, Durham, NC, USA
Neurosci Biobehav Rev 71:739-755. 2016....
- Use of Transportable Radiation Detection Instruments to Assess Internal Contamination from Intakes of Radionuclides Part II: Calibration Factors and ICAT Computer ProgramRobert Anigstein
S Cohen and Associates, 1608 Spring Hill Road, Vienna, VA 2218 HP Consulting, LLC, 20 Grand Canyon Drive, Los Alamos, NM 87544 Radiation Studies Branch, EHHE, NCEH, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Atlanta, GA 30341 3717
Health Phys 111:542-558. 2016..These calibration factors also constitute input data to the ICAT computer program, an interactive Microsoft Windows-based software package that estimates intakes of radionuclides ..
- CARF activates beta-catenin/TCF signaling in the hepatocellular carcinomaXin Fan
Department of General Surgery, Affiliated Hospital of Jiangsu University, Zhenjiang, Jiangsu Province, PR China
Oncotarget 7:80404-80414. 2016..mechanism study, CARF was found to interact with beta-catenin, impaired the interaction between beta-catenin and ICAT, and activated beta-catenin/TCF signaling...
- A randomized controlled comparison of integrative cognitive-affective therapy (ICAT) and enhanced cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT-E) for bulimia nervosaS A Wonderlich
Neuropsychiatric Research Institute Department of Clinical Neuroscience, University of North Dakota School of Medicine and Health Sciences, Fargo, ND, USA
Psychol Med 44:543-53. 2014The purpose of this investigation was to compare a new psychotherapy for bulimia nervosa (BN), integrative cognitive-affective therapy (ICAT), with an established treatment, 'enhanced' cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT-E).
- A novel GTP-dependent mechanism of ileal muscarinic metabotropic channel desensitizationA V Zholos
Department of Pharmacology and Clinical Pharmacology, St George s Hospital Medical School, London
Br J Pharmacol 119:997-1005. 19961. Cationic current (Icat) was evoked in single isolated smooth muscle cells either by activating muscarinic receptors with the stable muscarinic agonist, carbachol (CCh), or by dialysing cells with GTP-gamma S...
- The role of proteomics in toxicology: identification of biomarkers of toxicity by protein expression analysisSandy Kennedy
Oxford GlycoSciences UK Ltd, The Forum, 86 Milton Park, Abingdon, Oxfordshire OX14 4RY, UK
Biomarkers 7:269-90. 2002..The isotope-coded affinity tag (ICAT) method appears particularly promising...
- Controlling deuterium isotope effects in comparative proteomicsRoujian Zhang
Department of Chemistry, Purdue University, West Lafayette, Indiana 47907, USA
Anal Chem 74:3662-9. 2002..ester-2H9, [3-(2,5-dioxopyrrolidin-1-yloxycarbonyl)-propyl]-trimethylammonium chloride-2H9, and the commercial ICAT-2H8 reagent...
- Affinity labeling of highly hydrophobic integral membrane proteins for proteome-wide analysisMichael B Goshe
Biological Sciences Division, Pacific Northwest National Laboratory, PO Box 999, MSIN K8 98, Richland, Washington 99352, USA
J Proteome Res 2:153-61. 2003..08. The protocol described can be used with other stable isotope labeling reagents (e.g., ICAT) to enable comparative measurements to be made on differentially expressed hydrophobic membrane proteins from ..
- Efficient synthesis of isotopically pure isotope-coded affinity tagging reagentsAnupama Patel
Department of Chemistry, 2036 Main Mall, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, B C V6T 1Z1 Canada, and PENCE Inc Protein Engineering Network of Centers of Excellence, 750 Heritage Medical Research Center, Edmonton, Alberta T6G 2S2 Canada
Bioconjug Chem 15:224-30. 2004Synthesis of an isotopically pure d8-ICAT linker, N-[(5,5,6,6,8,8,9,9-2H)-13-biotinamido-4,7,10-trioxatridecanyl] tert-butyloxy carbamide (12), has been achieved in seven steps with an overall yield of 33%...
- Proteomic analysis of the intestinal epithelial cell response to enteropathogenic Escherichia coliPhilip R Hardwidge
Biotechnology Laboratory, University of British Columbia, Wesbrook Building, 6174 University Boulevard, Vancouver, British Columbia V6T 1Z3, Canada
J Biol Chem 279:20127-36. 2004..Host proteins were isolated and subjected to quantitative profiling using isotope-coded affinity tagging (ICAT) combined with electrospray ionization tandem mass spectrometry...
- Design and synthesis of visible isotope-coded affinity tags for the absolute quantification of specific proteins in complex mixturesPatricia Bottari
Department of Chemistry, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington 98195, USA
Bioconjug Chem 15:380-8. 2004..We recently introduced isotope-coded affinity tags (ICAT reagents) for the relative quantification of proteins present in two or more biological samples...
- Femtomol sensitivity post-digest (18)O labeling for relative quantification of differential protein complex compositionMarcus Bantscheff
Cellzome AG, Meyerhofstrasse 1, 69117 Heidelberg, Germany
Rapid Commun Mass Spectrom 18:869-76. 2004..Chemical labeling of complex protein mixtures by, e.g., isotope-coded affinity tags (ICAT), can offer great simplification of protein mixtures but is restricted by the accessibility of the often few ..
- The use of isotope-coded affinity tags (ICAT) to study organelle proteomes in Arabidopsis thalianaT P J Dunkley
Department of Biochemistry, Cambridge Centre for Proteomics, University of Cambridge, Building O, Downing Site, Cambridge CB2 1QW, UK
Biochem Soc Trans 32:520-3. 2004..For this reason, quantitative proteomics methods are being developed to enable the assignment of proteins to a specific component of the endomembrane system without the need to obtain pure organelles...
- Infrequent somatic mutations of the ICAT gene in various human cancers with frequent 1p-LOH and/or abnormal nuclear accumulation of beta-cateninMitsuho Imai
Department of Molecular Pathology, Tohoku University School of Medicine, 2 1 Seiryo machi, Aoba ku, Sendai 980 8575, Japan
Oncol Rep 12:1099-103. 2004..b>ICAT, inhibitor of beta-catenin and TCF4/beta-catenin-interacting protein, was isolated and mapped to 1p36, a frequent ..
- A comparative proteomic strategy for subcellular proteome research: ICAT approach coupled with bioinformatics prediction to ascertain rat liver mitochondrial proteins and indication of mitochondrial localization for catalaseXiao Sheng Jiang
Research Centre for Proteome Analysis, Key Lab of Proteomics, Institute of Biochemistry and Cell Biology, Shanghai Institutes for Biological Sciences, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Graduate School of the Chinese Academy of Sciences, Shanghai 200031, China
Mol Cell Proteomics 4:12-34. 2005..To solve such a problem, we applied a high-throughput comparative proteome experimental strategy, ICAT approach performed with two-dimensional LC-MS/MS analysis, coupled with combinational usage of different ..
- Isotope-coded affinity tag (ICAT) approach to redox proteomics: identification and quantitation of oxidant-sensitive cysteine thiols in complex protein mixturesMahadevan Sethuraman
Vascular Biology Unit, Cardiovascular Proteomics Center, and Mass Spectrometry Resource, Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, MA 02118, USA
J Proteome Res 3:1228-33. 2004..cysteine thiols in a complex protein mixture using a thiol-specific, acid-cleavable isotope-coded affinity tag (ICAT) reagent (Applied Biosystems, USA)...
- Photocleavable Bead Technology for GlycomicsMark Lim; Fiscal Year: 2013..we will improve upon these methods by using proprietary photocleavable isotope coded affinity tagging reagents (PC-ICAT) for quantitative glycoproteomics to determine how O-GlcNAc patterns change, e.g. in normal and diseased states...
- Secretome Proteomics for VHL Tumor Biomarker DiscoveryYuzuru Shiio; Fiscal Year: 2010..Employing a quantitative proteomics technology, ICAT (isotope-coded affinity tag), a preliminary small- scale analysis of protein secretion from a VHL-null renal ..
- MICROBICIDAL SALIVARY HISTIDINE-RICH PROTEINSFrank G Oppenheim; Fiscal Year: 2012..These include isotope coded affinity tag (ICAT), multiplexed isobaric isotope reagent (iTRAQ) and metabolic labeling...
- FUNCTIONAL PROTEOMICS OF LEUKEMIC MARROW STROMAL CELLSBeerelli Seshi; Fiscal Year: 2011..identify about 200 differentially expressed MPC proteins by an independent method, isotope-coded affinity tag (ICAT) labeling in conjunction with LC/MS/MS...
- High Performance Computational System to Support LCMS/Proteomics AnalysisROBERT STRAUBINGER; Fiscal Year: 2009..workstations, depending on the matrix complexity and peptide modifications expected, the use of reagents such as ICAT or iTRAQ to quantify relative expression, and the proteome under study...
- Protein Biomarkers in Childhood Acute Myeloid LeukemiaAntonio Bedalov; Fiscal Year: 2013..Most currently available proteome profiling technologies (e.g. 2-D gels, ICAT, SILAC) have limitations that prevent their use for profiling large numbers of specimens...
- Potassium Channels as Macromolecular ComplexesThomas A Neubert; Fiscal Year: 2013..Protein interactions will also be investigated using advanced proteomic approaches (ICAT &ITRAQ), which has the potential to uncover additional novel KATP channel interacting proteins...
- Functional Proteomics Study of Ephrin SignalingThomas Neubert; Fiscal Year: 2003..We propose to develop and use a new functional proteomics method based on isotope-coded affinity tag (ICAT) chemistry and liquid chromatography/mass spectrometry to identify proteins that participate in signal transduction ..
- 2D-HPLC-Tandem Mass Spectrometer for ProteomicsRichard van Breemen; Fiscal Year: 2005..used by many NIH-funded investigators for proteomic profiling using techniques such as isotope-coded affinity tags (ICAT)...
- The use of genetic models to define the role of beta-catenin in post-natal growthREGIS J O'KEEFE; Fiscal Year: 2011..b>ICAT is an intracellular protein that competitively binds ?-catenin and inhibits signaling...
- FUNCTIONAL PROTEOMICS OF LEUKEMIC MARROW STROMAL CELLSBeerelli Seshi; Fiscal Year: 2003..identify about 200 differentially expressed MPC proteins by an independent method, isotope-coded affinity tag (ICAT) labeling in conjunction with LC/MS/MS...
- The Interactive Cholesterol Advisory Tool (ICAT)CHARLES SCOTT RIGBY; Fiscal Year: 2011..with interactive technology to develop a highly-scalable solution-The Interactive Cholesterol Advisory Tool (ICAT)-designed to increase the initiation and maintenance of medication adherence and therapeutic lifestyle change in ..
- ProteomeX LC/MS SystemMichael Powell; Fiscal Year: 2004..package for typical proteomics applications such as protein ID, multidimensional LC/MS, and protein profiling using ICAT reagents. The system builds on the very successful and popular LCQ Deca XP...
- Acquisition of a LC-MS/MS Proteomics SystemDavid Han; Fiscal Year: 2004..Dr. David Han will utilize 3D-ICAT technology to identify and quantify apoptotic signaling proteins and engulfment ligands that are presented on ..
- Proteomics processing using networked instrument router*SANJAYA JOSHI; Fiscal Year: 2005..The First Phase of study will use an LC-MS (Liquid Chromatography - Mass Spectroscopy) system that uses the ICAT (Isotope Coded Affinity Tags) technology developed at the lab of Dr...
- ApoE isoform-specific protein interactions in brain aging and neurodegenerationKATHLEEN MONTINE; Fiscal Year: 2007..developed approach of high-throughput quantitative proteomic analysis combining isotope-coded affinity tagging (ICAT) with peptide analysis by LC/MS-MS allows us to identify and compare the relative abundance of apoE-associated ..
- Proteome-Wide Characterization of PhosphoproteinsRichard Morrison; Fiscal Year: 2004..The later phase of this project will develop methods that concomitantly combine PhIAT and ICAT labeling to identify proteins in glutamate or camptothecin treated p53+/+ cortical neurons that undergo changes in ..
- Novel markers for neonatal sepsisAshok Reddy; Fiscal Year: 2005..SELDI-TOF) mass spectrometry, (b) two-dimensional gel electrophoresis, and (c) isotope-coded affinity tagging (ICAT) to detect differentially expressed proteins...
- Role of COX-2 in UVB-induced beta-catenin signaling in keratinocytesJill C Pelling; Fiscal Year: 2011..Furthermore, we will employ a novel strategy for transdermal delivery of the [unreadable]-catenin inhibitor, ICAT, to test whether inhibition of [unreadable]-catenin signaling attenuates UVB-induced hyperplasia...
- Vasoregulation by IP3 receptor coupling to TRPC channelsAdebowale Adebiyi; Fiscal Year: 2013..release, and via IP3 receptor (IP3R)- and canonical transient receptor potential (TRPC) 3-dependent cation current (ICat) activation...
- Carol B Peterson; Fiscal Year: 2015..The present study proposes to compare a new treatment for BED (Integrative Cognitive-Affective Therapy-BED;ICAT-BED) to an evidence based treatment for BED (Cognitive Behavior Therapy-Guided Self- Help;CBTgsh)...
- LIQUID CHROMATOGRAPHY OF BIOLOGICAL SUBSTANCESLISA PFEFFERLE; Fiscal Year: 2005..We shall start with improving the separation steps of a promising analytical method referred to as ICAT technology. Further we plan to enhance the speed of analysis of this approach by using elevated temperature...
- Molecular Definition of Mycobacterium paratuberculosisJULIA INAMINE; Fiscal Year: 2005..This goal will be accomplished by four specific aims: 1) use standard proteomic methods and develop a new ICAT- based method to identify M...
- A Novel Implant-based Approach for Treating Retrognathic Hyperdivergent PatientsPeter Buschang; Fiscal Year: 2007..Tipping will be measured directly from dental models and 3D ICAT images...
- Proteomics Approaches to Interstitial Cystitis.Brian Liu; Fiscal Year: 2006..levels of low- abundance urinary proteins in clinically annotated IC specimens with isotope-coded affinity tag (ICAT) and mass spectrometry; 4) mine proteomics data and to create predictive bioinformatics models (i.e...
- Mitochondrial Response to Oxidative StressDANIEL BOGENHAGEN; Fiscal Year: 2006..Both 2-D gel methods and quantitative isotope-coded affinity tag (ICAT) methods will be used to compare the abundance of mitochondrial proteins in control cells and cells exposed to ..
- Regulation of beta-Catenin Signaling by Tyrosine PhosphorylationTong Chuan He; Fiscal Year: 2010..second aim is to determine whether EGF regulates the interactions of P-catenin with its C-terminal binding partners ICAT and p300, by using immunoprecipitation and FRET protein interaction analysis...
- Mechanisms of prostate cancer prevention by lycopeneRichard van Breemen; Fiscal Year: 2007..lycopene and then investigate changes in protein expression both globally and on the sub-cellular level using the ICAT quantitative proteomics methodology...
- NEW METHODS FOR QUANTITATIVE GLYCOSPHINGOLIPIDOMICSSTEVEN LEVERY; Fiscal Year: 2005..In a later phase, synthesis of isotope coded affinity tags (sphingolipid ICAT, or SL-ICAT) is proposed, in order to facilitate quantitative glycosphingolipidomic profiling, analogous to the "..
- CHEMORECEPTION AND SIGNAL PROCESSING IN VAGAL AFFERENTSDaniel Weinreich; Fiscal Year: 2006..and manipulated in order to clarify the signal pathway of NK-2 tachykinin receptor (NK2R)-mediated currents (Icat) unmasked by mast cell activation, or by serotonin...
- PSD protein expression in extinction of morphine-dependent conditioned behaviorJOSE MORON CONCEPCION; Fiscal Year: 2007..Relative levels of protein expression will be analyzed through isotope-coded affinity tag (ICAT) followed by tandem mass spectrometry (LC-MS/MS)...
- Diagnostic proteomic profiles for aneuploidyAshok Reddy; Fiscal Year: 2004..SELDI-TOF), 2-dimensional gel electrophoresis, and isotope-coded affinity tagging (ICAT) techniques to identify proteins and peptides that are differentially expressed in amniotic fluid and/or maternal ..
- UV-induced Immunosuppression to chemical toxicantsKevin Cooper; Fiscal Year: 2006..broad identification of changes in the abundance of membrane-bound proteins using isotope coded affinity tagging (ICAT) and phosphoproteins using phosphoprotein isotope-coded affinity tags (PhlAT)...
- Finding membrane proteins in cutaneous T-cell lymphomasPRISKA VON HALLER; Fiscal Year: 2003..the relative abundance of cell surface proteins between benign and malignant T-cells using the recently developed ICAT TM technology...
- A PROTEOMIC APPROACH TO THE INDENTIFICATION OF PROTEINS*Philip Mirkes; Fiscal Year: 2003..by undertaking a quantitative analysis of complex embryo protein mixtures using isotope-coded affinity tags (ICAT)...
- Pathophysiology and Characterisation of NAFLDMichael Charlton; Fiscal Year: 2009..logical extension of these experiments, we now propose to use high-throughput mass spectrometry analysis, using an ICAT tagging technique, to measure differential hepatic protein abundance, including of peroxisomal proteins, in ..
- MALDI-TOF MASS SPECTROMETERBruce Ames; Fiscal Year: 2002..with the capabilities to perform these tasks, as well as quantitative analysis using isotope coded affinity tags (ICAT), will greatly enhance our ability to simultaneously characterize multiple proteins potentially involved ..
- Integrative Cognitive-Affective Therapy for Bulimia NervosaStephen Wonderlich; Fiscal Year: 2009..Integrative cognitive-affective therapy (ICAT) is a new, manual-based, psychological approach to the treatment of BN...
- PROTEOMIC MAPPING OF MYELIN AND ITS MEMBRANE SUBDOMAINSRashmi Bansal; Fiscal Year: 2009..changes in protein expression using Direct In-Gel Electrophoresis (DIGE) and Isotope-Coded Affinity Tag (ICAT) mass spectrometric methodologies, and manipulation of protein expression and function using antibody blocking, ..
- Aging of the subcellular muscle proteomeEdgar Arriaga; Fiscal Year: 2005..R21 application, our short-term goal is to use the concept of subcellular proteomes, carbonyl immuno-capture, and ICAT technology to identify (and discover) age-related carbonyl-associated proteins in muscle mitochondria...
- Quantifying Protein Predictors of Macrophage ResponsesJared Roach; Fiscal Year: 2007..To obtain the structure of these pathways we will use isotope-coded affinity tags (ICAT) to quantify early phosphorylation events triggered by TLR4 and TLR5, and correlate these events with specific ..
- Photocleavable ICAT Reagents for Quantitative ProteomicsJerzy Olejnik; Fiscal Year: 2004..The recently introduced Istotope Coded Affinity Tags (ICAT) technique, which when used in conjunction with mass spectrometry allows changes in the abundance of specific ..
- Photocleavable ICAT Reagents for Quantitative ProteomicsMark Lim; Fiscal Year: 2007..a new approach to quantitative proteomics based on the use of PhotoCleavable Isotope Coded Affinity Tags (PC-ICAT) along with mass spectrometry...
- QUADRUPOLE TIME OF FLIGHT MASS SPECTROMETER - PROTEOMICSCarol Parker; Fiscal Year: 2002..State-of-the-art proteomic methods couple 2D PAGE, or ICAT (isotope coded affinity tags) methods followed by capillary HPLC to mass spectrometry (MS) for quantitation and ..
- HUMAN PROTEIN DIFFERENTIAL DISPLAY ASSAY ICAT-ULC-MS/MSBabak Esmaeli Azad; Fiscal Year: 2001..a protein differential display assay system, for proteomes of higher eukaryotes, using isotope-coded affinity tags (ICAT) and microcapillary liquid chromatography tandem mass spectrometry (uLC-MS/MS), is proposed...
- ACQUISITION OF A MASS SPECTROMETRY RESOURCELeslie Goodwin; Fiscal Year: 2003..has been designed and optimized for analysis of complex peptide and protein samples and is also well suited for ICAT (isotope-coded affinity tag) peptide quantitation...
- IDBEST Differential Display on Protein ChipsLUKE SCHNEIDER; Fiscal Year: 2003..Isotope tagging methods, such as ICAT, have the potential to significantly improve the precision of these methods, but cannot currently be applied to ..
- HAIR-BUNDLE PROTEOMICSPeter Gillespie; Fiscal Year: 2004..In our first set of proposed experiments, we will use the isotope-coded affinity tag (ICAT) method to differentially label proteins expressed in hair bundles (comparing to hair- and supporting-cell somas, ..
- Melanoma Proteins in Serum and UrineLARRY TJOELKER; Fiscal Year: 2004..proteins characteristic of different physiological conditions can be identified using isotope-coded affinity tags (ICAT) coupled with tandem mass spectrometry...
- B-CLL Proteins Quantified by Mass SpectrometryDAVID BARNIDGE; Fiscal Year: 2004..As part of this proposal the candidate will take courses offered in the Mayo Graduate School on Techniques in Molecular Biology, Human Cytogenetics, and Immunology. ..
- Dietary Cysteine:Conceptal Response to Oxidative StressCraig Harris; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- Hindbrain Herniation in Sheep Model of MyelomeningoceleCornelia von Koch; Fiscal Year: 2002..Furthermore, we will characterize in lambs gross pathological and axonal pathfinding anomalies usually seen in the human disease. ..
- TECHNOLOGY FOR AUTOMATED ANALYSIS OF PROTEOMESSteven Gygi; Fiscal Year: 2004..Once developed such a technology will be an essential tool for biologists' attempts to interpret the linear information of genomes in terms of function, control and mechanisms of biological systems. ..
- Ecological Momentary Assessment of Anorexia NervosaStephen Wonderlich; Fiscal Year: 2009..EMA methodology would be an excellent approach to understanding the relationship between environment and anorexic behavior, along with psychological mediators such as cognitive and emotional variables. ..
- THE ROLE OF ANNEXIN I DOWN-REGULATION IN PROSTATE CANCERDavid Ornstein; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- Prostate Cancer Detection by Serum Proteomic ProfilingDavid Ornstein; Fiscal Year: 2005..5 to 10.0 ng/ml. Aim 4: Determine the biological variability of serum proteomic patterns by analyzing serum samples collected from the same patient on 3 consecutive days. ..
- The Role of C3a and C5a in BEA Induced NephritisMichael Braun; Fiscal Year: 2006..At the completion of this Award, the candidate will be prepared to continue as a highly productive independent investigator in the area of renal immunopathogenesis ..
- Emerging virulence factors in diarrheagenic E. coli pathogenesisPHILIP HARDWIDGE; Fiscal Year: 2006..coli disease. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Urinary Biomarkers in Murine MPGNMichael Braun; Fiscal Year: 2006....
- Proteomic Studies in Parkinson's DiseaseJing Zhang; Fiscal Year: 2008....
- Biomarkers for Parkinson's Disease (PD) and PD DementiaJing Zhang; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..