Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: ICAM-1
Description: intercellular adhesion molecule 1
Alias: BB2, CD54, P3.58, intercellular adhesion molecule 1, ICAM-1, cell surface glycoprotein P3.58, intercellular adhesion molecule 1 (CD54), human rhinovirus receptor, major group rhinovirus receptor
Publications334 found, 100 shown here
- Molecular cloning of ICAM-3, a third ligand for LFA-1, constitutively expressed on resting leukocytesJ Fawcett
ICRF Laboratories, University of Oxford, UK
Nature 360:481-4. 1992..ICAM-3 is closely related to ICAM-1, consists of five immunoglobulin domains, and binds LFA-1 through its two N-terminal domains...
- Engineering of single Ig superfamily domain of intercellular adhesion molecule 1 (ICAM-1) for native fold and functionRoisin M Owens
Department of Biomedical Engineering, Cornell University, Ithaca, New York 14853, USA
J Biol Chem 285:15906-15. 2010..The systematic approach demonstrated in this study to engineer a single Ig superfamily fold in ICAM-1 can be broadly applicable to the engineering of modular Ig superfamily domains in other cell surface molecules...
- Intermittent high glucose enhances ICAM-1, VCAM-1, E-selectin and interleukin-6 expression in human umbilical endothelial cells in culture: the role of poly(ADP-ribose) polymeraseL Piconi
Morpurgo Hofman Research Laboratory on Aging, Udine, Italy
J Thromb Haemost 2:1453-9. 2004..Thus, PARP activation appears to be involved in both promoting nitrosative stress and upregulating adhesion molecules and inflammation in endothelial cells exposed to oscillating high glucose conditions...
- Migration inhibitory factor up-regulates vascular cell adhesion molecule-1 and intercellular adhesion molecule-1 via Src, PI3 kinase, and NFkappaBM Asif Amin
Department of Medicine, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, MI, USA
Blood 107:2252-61. 2006..MIF and MIF-dependent signaling pathways may be a potential target for treating diseases characterized by up-regulation of cell adhesion molecules...
- Combined measurement of soluble and cellular ICAM-1 among children with Plasmodium falciparum malaria in UgandaChristine M Cserti-Gazdewich
Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathobiology, University Health Network University of Toronto, Canada
Malar J 9:233. 2010..falciparum infection exhibiting a spectrum of clinical severity...
- MicroRNA-221 controls expression of intercellular adhesion molecule-1 in epithelial cells in response to Cryptosporidium parvum infectionAi Yu Gong
Department of Medical Microbiology and Immunology, Creighton University Medical Center, Omaha, NE 68178, USA
Int J Parasitol 41:397-403. 2011..These results indicate that miR-221-mediated translational suppression controls ICAM-1 expression in epithelial cells in response to C. parvum infection...
- Functional analysis of Plasmodium vivax VIR proteins reveals different subcellular localizations and cytoadherence to the ICAM-1 endothelial receptorM Bernabeu
Barcelona Centre for International Health Research CRESIB, Hospital Clínic Universitat de Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Cell Microbiol 14:386-400. 2012..These data suggest that VIR proteins are trafficked to different cellular compartments and functionally demonstrates that VIR proteins can specifically mediate cytoadherence to the ICAM-1 endothelial receptor...
- Indoxyl sulfate upregulates expression of ICAM-1 and MCP-1 by oxidative stress-induced NF-kappaB activationZohra Tumur
Department of Advanced Medicine for Uremia, Nagoya University Graduate School of Medicine, Nagoya, Japan
Am J Nephrol 31:435-41. 2010....
- Breaking down the barrier: the effects of HIV-1 on the blood-brain barrierMarianne Strazza
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, and Center for Molecular Virology and Translational Neuroscience, Institute for Molecular Medicine and Infectious Disease, Drexel University College of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA 19102, USA
Brain Res 1399:96-115. 2011....
- The major human rhinovirus receptor is ICAM-1J M Greve
Molecular Therapeutics, Inc, Miles Research Center, West Haven, Connecticut 06516
Cell 56:839-47. 1989..Thus, the major human rhinovirus receptor is ICAM-1. The gene for this receptor maps to human chromosome 19, which also contains the genes for a number of other picornavirus receptors...
- Novel association of ABO histo-blood group antigen with soluble ICAM-1: results of a genome-wide association study of 6,578 womenGuillaume Pare
Center for Cardiovascular Disease Prevention, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, United States of America
PLoS Genet 4:e1000118. 2008While circulating levels of soluble Intercellular Adhesion Molecule 1 (sICAM-1) have been associated with diverse conditions including myocardial infarction, stroke, malaria, and diabetes, comprehensive analysis of the common genetic ..
- Human immunodeficiency virus type 1 envelope gp120-induced partial T-cell receptor signaling creates an F-actin-depleted zone in the virological synapseGaia Vasiliver-Shamis
Program in Molecular Pathogenesis, Marty and Helen Kimmel Center for Biology and Medicine, Skirball Institute for Biomolecular Medicine, New York University School of Medicine, New York, New York 10016, USA
J Virol 83:11341-55. 2009..cell polarizes and releases virions toward the noninfected target cell in a gp120- and intercellular adhesion molecule 1 (ICAM-1)-dependent process. The response of the target cell has been less studied...
- Effects of obstructive sleep apnea on circulating ICAM-1, IL-8, and MCP-1Eijiro Ohga
Department of Geriatric Medicine, Graduate School of Medicine, University of Tokyo, Japan
J Appl Physiol (1985) 94:179-84. 2003..Treatment of OSAS using nCPAP can be, therefore, a potential approach to decrease risk of the progression of OSAS-associated disorders...
- CD40/CD154 ligation induces mononuclear cell adhesion to human renal proximal tubule cells via increased ICAM-1 expressionHongye Li
Division of Nephrology, Dept of Medicine, School of Medicine, State University of New York at Stony Brook, NY 11794, USA
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 289:F145-53. 2005....
- ICAM-1 induction by TNFalpha and IL-6 is mediated by distinct pathways via Rac in endothelial cellsB S Wung
Department of Applied Microbiology, National Chiayi University, Chiayi, Taiwan
J Biomed Sci 12:91-101. 2005..Our data strongly indicated that ICAM-1 gene induction by TNFalpha and IL-6 is mediated mainly via NFkappaB and Stat3, respectively and Rac1 appears to play a central role in modulating cytokine-induced ICAM-1 expression in ECs...
- TNFR1-induced NF-kappaB, but not ERK, p38MAPK or JNK activation, mediates TNF-induced ICAM-1 and VCAM-1 expression on endothelial cellsZhigang Zhou
School of Chemical Sciences and Pharmacy, University of East Anglia, Norwich, NR4 7TJ, United Kingdom
Cell Signal 19:1238-48. 2007....
- Monocytes induce proximal tubular epithelial-mesenchymal transition through NF-kappa B dependent upregulation of ICAM-1Qing Li
Institute of Nephrology, Zhong Da Hospital, Southeast University, Nanjing 210009, China
J Cell Biochem 112:1585-92. 2011..Taken together, these findings suggest that monocytes infiltration could directly induce EMT of HK-2 cells via upregulation ICAM-1 through NF-kB signaling pathway...
- Prognostic value of intercellular adhesion molecule (ICAM)-1 expression in breast cancerChristine Schröder
Department of Anatomy, University Medical Centre Hamburg Eppendorf UKE, Martinistr 52, 20246 Hamburg, Germany
J Cancer Res Clin Oncol 137:1193-201. 2011..Yet, little is known about the role of ICAM-1 expression during malignant progression in breast cancer patients...
- Determining beta2-integrin and intercellular adhesion molecule 1 binding kinetics in tumor cell adhesion to leukocytes and endothelial cells by a gas-driven micropipette assayChangliang Fu
Key Laboratory of Microgravity, Institute of Mechanics, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing 100190, China
J Biol Chem 286:34777-87. 2011..through the endothelium under blood flow, both of which are mediated by binding β(2)-integrin to intercellular adhesion molecule 1 (ICAM-1)...
- CXC chemokine ligand 12/stromal cell-derived factor-1 regulates cell adhesion in human colon cancer cells by induction of intercellular adhesion molecule-1Shui Yi Tung
Department of Hepato Gastroenterology, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, Chiayi, Taiwan
J Biomed Sci 19:91. 2012..Interaction between CRC cells and endothelium is a key event in tumor progression. The aim of this study was to investigate the effect of SDF-1 on the adhesion of CRC cells...
- HIV-1 induced bystander apoptosisHimanshu Garg
Center of Excellence for Infectious Disease, Department of Biomedical Science, Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center, 5001 El Paso Dr, MSB 1 Annex, El Paso, TX 79905, USA
Viruses 4:3020-43. 2012....
- High ICAM-1 gene expression in pulmonary fibroblasts of COPD patients: a reflection of an enhanced immunological functionA Zandvoort
University Medical Center Groningen, Dept of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Hanzeplein 1, 9713 GZ Groningen, The Netherlands
Eur Respir J 28:113-22. 2006....
- Circulating oxidised low-density lipoprotein and intercellular adhesion molecule-1 and risk of type 2 diabetes mellitus: the Atherosclerosis Risk in Communities StudyR C Hoogeveen
Section of Atherosclerosis and Vascular Medicine, Department of Medicine, Baylor College of Medicine, and Center for Cardiovascular Disease Prevention, Methodist DeBakey Heart Center, Houston, TX, USA
Diabetologia 50:36-42. 2007....
- Effects of vascular endothelial growth factor on the lymphocyte-endothelium interactions: identification of caveolin-1 and nitric oxide as control points of endothelial cell anergyCaroline Bouzin
Université Catholique de Louvain Medical School, Unit of Pharmacology and Therapeutics, Brussels, Belgium
J Immunol 178:1505-11. 2007..In conclusion, this study provides new insights on the mechanisms leading to the tumor EC anergy vs immune cells and opens new perspectives for the use of antiangiogenic strategies as adjuvant approaches to cancer immunotherapy...
- Interleukin-17 synergizes with IFNγ or TNFα to promote inflammatory mediator release and intercellular adhesion molecule-1 (ICAM-1) expression in human intervertebral disc cellsMostafa A Gabr
Division of Orthopaedic Surgery, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina, USA
J Orthop Res 29:1-7. 2011..IL-17 may be an important regulator of inflammation in the IVD pathologies...
- HIV envelope gp120 activates LFA-1 on CD4 T-lymphocytes and increases cell susceptibility to LFA-1-targeting leukotoxin (LtxA)Catarina E Hioe
Department of Pathology, New York University School of Medicine, and Veterans Affairs New York Harbor Healthcare System, Manhattan Campus, New York, New York, United States of America
PLoS ONE 6:e23202. 2011....
- THP-1 monocytes up-regulate intercellular adhesion molecule 1 in response to pneumolysin from Streptococcus pneumoniaeJustin Thornton
Department of Microbiology, University of Mississippi Medical Center, Jackson, 39216, USA
Infect Immun 73:6493-8. 2005..b>Intercellular adhesion molecule 1 (ICAM-1) is a cell adhesion molecule involved in leukocyte trafficking toward inflammatory stimuli ..
- Alpha-synuclein and its disease-causing mutants induce ICAM-1 and IL-6 in human astrocytes and astrocytoma cellsAndis Klegeris
Kinsmen Laboratory of Neurological Research, University of British Columbia, 2255 Wesbrook Mall, Vancouver, BC V6T 1Z3, Canada
FASEB J 20:2000-8. 2006..5 microM respectively. We hypothesize that the neuroinflammation stimulated by release of an excess of normal alpha-synuclein or by release of its mutated forms can be involved in the pathobiology of PD...
- Moraxella catarrhalis lipooligosaccharide selectively upregulates ICAM-1 expression on human monocytes and stimulates adjacent naïve monocytes to produce TNF-alpha through cellular cross-talkHang Xie
Vaccine Research Section, National Institute on Deafness and Other Communication Disorders, National Institutes of Health, Rockville, MD 20850, USA
Cell Microbiol 10:1453-67. 2008..M. catarrhalis LOS selectively enhanced intercellular adhesion molecule 1 (ICAM-1 or CD54) expression on human monocytes by significantly increasing both the surface ..
- A long-acting glucagon-like peptide-1 analogue attenuates induction of plasminogen activator inhibitor type-1 and vascular adhesion moleculesHongbin Liu
Australian Centre for Blood Diseases, Monash University, Prahran, Melbourne, Victoria
J Endocrinol 201:59-66. 2009..These effects suggest that liraglutide may potentially improve the endothelial cell dysfunction associated with premature atherosclerosis identified in type 2 diabetic patients...
- Inhibition of LFA-1/ICAM-1 and VLA-4/VCAM-1 as a therapeutic approach to inflammation and autoimmune diseasesHelena Yusuf-Makagiansar
Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry, The University of Kansas, Simons Research Laboratory, 2095 Constant Avenue, Lawrence, Kansas 66047, USA
Med Res Rev 22:146-67. 2002..Finally, understanding the mechanism of LFA-1 and VLA-4 binding to their ligands has become a fundamental basis in developing therapeutic agents for inflammation and autoimmune diseases...
- Involvement of intercellular adhesion molecule-1 up-regulation in bradykinin promotes cell motility in human prostate cancersHsin Shan Yu
Graduate Institute of Basic Medical Science, China Medical University, Taichung 40402, Taiwan
Int J Mol Sci 14:13329-45. 2013..Thus, BK represents a promising new target for treating prostate cancer metastasis. ..
- Cloning of the human gene for intercellular adhesion molecule 1 and analysis of its 5'-regulatory region. Induction by cytokines and phorbol esterG Voraberger
Ernst Boehringer Institut, Bender and Co, Vienna, Austria
J Immunol 147:2777-86. 1991..Therefore, ICAM-1 gene expression seems to be modulated by multiple cis-acting elements...
- The roles of T-lymphocyte subpopulations (CD4 and CD8), intercellular adhesion molecule-1 (ICAM-1), HLA-DR receptor, and mast cells in etiopathogenesis of pterygiumUmit Beden
Ophthalmology Department, Kars State Hospital, Kars, Turkey
Ocul Immunol Inflamm 11:115-22. 2003..We wished to explore the effects of inflammatory cells and mediators such as T-lymphocyte subpopulations (CD4 and CD8), mast cells, intercellular adhesion molecule-1 (ICAM-1), and HLA-DR receptors on pterygium development...
- Contemporaneous carrier-state of two or three "proatherosclerotic" variants of APOE, ICAM1, PPARA and PAI-1 genes differentiate CAD patients from healthy individualsIwona Zak
Department of Biochemistry and Medical Genetics, Medical University of Silesia, Katowice, Poland
Clin Chim Acta 362:110-8. 2005....
- Macular and peripheral distribution of ICAM-1 in the human choriocapillaris and retinaRobert F Mullins
Center for Macular Degeneration, Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Science, The University of Iowa Carver College of Medicine, Iowa City, IA, USA
Mol Vis 12:224-35. 2006....
- ICAM-1 expression on conjunctival epithelial cells in patients with cystic fibrosisMalgorzata Mrugacz
Department of Pediatric Ophthalmology, Medical University of Bialystok, Bialystok, Poland
Cytometry B Clin Cytom 72:204-8. 2007....
- Increased percentage of L-selectin+ and ICAM-1+ peripheral blood CD4+/CD8+ T cells in active Graves' ophthalmopathyPrzemysław Pawlowski
Department of Paediatric Ophthalmology and Strabismus, Medical University of Białystok, Białystok, Poland
Folia Histochem Cytobiol 47:29-33. 2009The purpose of the study was to evaluate the percentage of CD4+/CD8+ peripheral T cells expressing CD62L+ and CD54+ in patients with Graves' disease and to assess if these estimations could be helpful as markers of active ophthalmopathy...
- Glutathione peroxidase-1 modulates lipopolysaccharide-induced adhesion molecule expression in endothelial cells by altering CD14 expressionEdith Lubos
Cardiovascular Division, Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital, 77 Ave Louis Pasteur, Boston, MA 02115, USA
FASEB J 24:2525-32. 2010..Taken together, these data suggest that GPx-1 modulates the endothelial cell response to LPS, in part, by altering CD14-mediated effects...
- Prostaglandin E2/EP1 signaling pathway enhances intercellular adhesion molecule 1 (ICAM-1) expression and cell motility in oral cancer cellsShun Fa Yang
From the Institute of Medicine, Chung Shan Medical University, Taichung 402, Taiwan
J Biol Chem 285:29808-16. 2010..We found that overexpression of COX-2 or exogenous PGE(2) increased migration and intercellular adhesion molecule 1 (ICAM)-1 expression in human oral cancer cells...
- Elevated sICAM-1 levels in patients with hemorrhagic fever with renal syndrome caused by Hantaan virusQunying Han
Department of Infectious Diseases, First Affiliated Hospital, School of Medicine, Xi an Jiaotong University, Xi an 710061 Shaanxi Province, China
Eur J Clin Microbiol Infect Dis 29:1507-11. 2010..Time-dependent determinations of sICAM-1 levels may be indicators for the progression of disease, and elevated levels of sICAM-1 were not suggested to be correlated to disease severity...
- RANKL increases migration of human lung cancer cells through intercellular adhesion molecule-1 up-regulationLi Mien Chen
Center of General Education, Central Taiwan University of Science and Technology, Taichung, Taiwan
J Cell Biochem 112:933-41. 2011..Intercellular adhesion molecule-1 (ICAM-1, also called CD54), a member of the immunoglobulin supergene family, is an inducible surface glycoprotein that mediates adhesion-..
- Soluble intracellular adhesion molecule-1 secreted by human umbilical cord blood-derived mesenchymal stem cell reduces amyloid-β plaquesJ Y Kim
Biomedical Research Institute, Medipost Co Ltd, Seoul 137 874, Republic of Korea
Cell Death Differ 19:680-91. 2012..These data suggest that hUCB-MSC-derived sICAM-1 decreases Aβ plaques by inducing NEP expression in microglia through the sICAM-1/LFA-1 signaling pathway...
- Human lactoferrin suppresses TNF-α-induced intercellular adhesion molecule-1 expression via competition with NF-κB in endothelial cellsChan Woo Kim
College of Life Science and Graduate School of Biotechnology, Kyung Hee University, Yongin 446 701, Republic of Korea
FEBS Lett 586:229-34. 2012..Lf inhibited binding of NF-κB to a proximal NF-κB site in ICAM-1 promoter. This type of repression represents an additional mechanism for the action of Lf in regulation of gene expression...
- Blood-brain barrier abnormalities caused by HIV-1 gp120: mechanistic and therapeutic implicationsJean Pierre Louboutin
Department of Pathology, Anatomy and Cell Biology, Thomas Jefferson University, 1020 Locust Street Room 255 Philadelphia, PA 19107, USA
ScientificWorldJournal 2012:482575. 2012....
- Genetic variations in E-selectin and ICAM-1: relation to atherosclerosisTarek Motawi
Biochemistry Department, Faculty of Pharmacy, Cairo University, Cairo, Egypt
Med Sci Monit 18:CR381-9. 2012..This study aimed to investigate the association of both intercellular adhesion molecule-1 (ICAM-1) and endothelial cell adhesion molecule (E-selectin) polymorphisms using PCR technique and their role in the pathogenesis of atherosclerosis...
- Sphingosine kinase 1 promotes tumor progression and confers malignancy phenotypes of colon cancer by regulating the focal adhesion kinase pathway and adhesion moleculesShi Quan Liu
Department of Gastroenterology, First Affiliated Hospital of Guangxi Medical University, Nanning, Guangxi Autonomous Region 530021, P R China
Int J Oncol 42:617-26. 2013..FAK pathway, ICAM-1 and VCAM-1 may play critical roles in this SphK1‑mediated effect...
- Upregulation of endogenous ICAM-1 reduces ovarian cancer cell growth in the absence of immune cellsMarloes L de Groote
Epigenetic Editing, Department of Pathology and Medical Biology, University Medical Center Groningen, University of Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands
Int J Cancer 134:280-90. 2014....
- High plasma levels of soluble intercellular adhesion molecule (ICAM)-1 are associated with cerebral malariaSelorme Adukpo
Immunology Department, Noguchi Memorial Institute for Medical Research, College of Health Sciences, University of Ghana, Legon, Accra, Ghana Department of Animal Biology and Conservation Science, University of Ghana, Legon, Accra, Ghana
PLoS ONE 8:e84181. 2013..Cytoadherence to brain microvasculature is believed to involve host endothelial receptor, CD54 or intercellular adhesion molecule (ICAM)-1, while other receptors such as CD36 are generally involved in ..
- Transforming growth factor alpha promotes osteosarcoma metastasis by ICAM-1 and PI3K/Akt signaling pathwayChun Han Hou
Department of Orthopedic Surgery, National Taiwan University Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan
Biochem Pharmacol 89:453-63. 2014..Our results indicate that TGF-α/EGFR interaction elicits PI3K and Akt activation, which in turn activates NF-κB, resulting in the expression of ICAM-1 and contributing the migration of human osteosarcoma cells. ..
- Soluble cell adhesion molecules (sICAM-1, sVCAM-1, and sE-selectin) in patients with early rheumatoid arthritisP A Klimiuk
Department of Rheumatology and Internal Diseases, Medical University of Bialystok, Bialystok, Poland
Scand J Rheumatol 36:345-50. 2007..The aim of the study was to analyse serum concentrations of soluble cell adhesion molecules (CAMs) in patients with early rheumatoid arthritis (RA) before and after 6 months of treatment with methotrexate (MTX)...
- NF-kappaB regulates thrombin-induced ICAM-1 gene expression in cooperation with NFAT by binding to the intronic NF-kappaB site in the ICAM-1 geneJiaping Xue
Department of Pharmacology, College of Medicine, University of Illinois, Chicago, Illinois 60612, USA
Physiol Genomics 38:42-53. 2009..Thus these results suggest that p65/RelA and NFATc1 bind to the intronic NF-kappaB site 1 sequence to induce optimal transcription of the ICAM-1 gene in response to thrombin in endothelial cells...
- Natural killer cell-produced IFN-γ and TNF-α induce target cell cytolysis through up-regulation of ICAM-1Ruipeng Wang
Laboratory of Immunogenetics, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Rockville, Maryland, USA
J Leukoc Biol 91:299-309. 2012..Their preferential induction in the lysis of insensitive NK target cells suggests that IFN-γ and TNF-α are functionally linked to and should be regarded as an integral part of NK cytolytic function...
- cDNA cloning reveals that the major group rhinovirus receptor on HeLa cells is intercellular adhesion molecule 1J E Tomassini
Department of Virus and Cell Biology, Merck Sharp and Dohme Research Laboratories, West Point, PA 19486
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 86:4907-11. 1989..The cloned receptor cDNA encoded a protein with a sequence nearly identical to that of the intercellular adhesion molecule 1 (ICAM-1), indicating that the two surface proteins are one and the same...
- Gp120 activates children's brain endothelial cells via CD4M F Stins
Division of Infectious Diseases, Childrens Hospital Los Angeles, California, USA
J Neurovirol 7:125-34. 2001..Gp120-induced monocyte migration was inhibited by anti-gp120 and anti-CD4 antibodies. This is the first demonstration that gp120 activates HBMEC via CD4, which may contribute to the development of HIV-1 encephalopathy in children...
- Interferon-gamma-induced epithelial ICAM-1 expression and monocyte adhesion. Involvement of protein kinase C-dependent c-Src tyrosine kinase activation pathwayYa Jen Chang
Department of Pharmacology, College of Medicine, National Taiwan University, No 1 Jen Ai Road, 1st Section, Taipei 10018, Taiwan
J Biol Chem 277:7118-26. 2002....
- p53 activates ICAM-1 (CD54) expression in an NF-kappaB-independent mannerVassilis G Gorgoulis
Department of Histology Embryology, Molecular Carcinogenesis Group, Medical School, University of Athens, 11527 Athens
EMBO J 22:1567-78. 2003..These results support an NF-kappaB-independent role for p53 in ICAM-1 regulation that may link p53 to ICAM-1 function in various physiological and pathological settings...
- Elevated serum levels of intercellular adhesion molecule ICAM-1 in Pseudoxanthoma elasticumDoris Hendig
Institut fur Laboratoriums und Transfusionsmedizin, Herz und Diabeteszentrum Nordrhein Westfalen, Universitatsklinik der Ruhr Universitat Bochum, Georgstrasse 11, Bad Oeynhausen, Germany
Clin Chim Acta 394:54-8. 2008..Here, we investigated the cell adhesion molecules ICAM-1 in PXE patients...
- Are elevated circulating intercellular adhesion molecule 1 levels more strongly predictive of diabetes than vascular risk? Outcome of a prospective study in the elderlyN Sattar
Faculty of Medicine, BHF Glasgow Cardiovascular Research Centre, University of Glasgow, University Place, Glasgow G12 8TA, UK
Diabetologia 52:235-9. 2009....
- Transmigration of neutrophils across inflamed endothelium is signaled through LFA-1 and Src family kinaseMelissa R Sarantos
Department of Biomedical Engineering, University of California, Davis, CA 95616, USA
J Immunol 181:8660-9. 2008..We conclude that dimeric bond clusters of LFA-1/ICAM-1 provide a key outside-in signal for orienting cytoskeletal dynamics that direct PMN extravasation at sites of inflammation...
- Soluble intercellular adhesion molecule-1, D-lactate and diamine oxidase in patients with inflammatory bowel diseaseWei Bing Song
Department of Gerontology, Guangzhou General Hospital of PLA, Guangzhou 510010, Guangdong Province, China
World J Gastroenterol 15:3916-9. 2009..To study the levels of serum soluble intercellular adhesion molecule-1 (sICAM-1), plasma D-lactate and diamine oxidase (DAO) in patients with inflammatory bowel disease (IBD), and the potential clinical significance...
- Neutrophil granulocytes promote the migratory activity of MDA-MB-468 human breast carcinoma cells via ICAM-1Carina Strell
Institute of Immunology, Witten Herdecke University, Stockumer Street 10, 58448 Witten, Germany
Exp Cell Res 316:138-48. 2010..Thus, neutrophil granulocytes can act as modulators of the metastatic capability of tumor cells by ligation of ICAM-1...
- Functional cooperation between Stat-1 and ets-1 to optimize icam-1 gene transcriptionJulien Yockell-Lelièvre
Centre de recherche en endocrinologie moléculaire et oncologique, Centre de recherche du CHUQ, Pavillon CHUL, 2705 Boulevard Laurier, QC G1V 4G2, Canada
Biochem Cell Biol 87:905-18. 2009..In COS-1 and HEK 293 cells cotransfected with CFP-Stat1 and YFP-Ets fusion protein, fluorescence resonance energy transfer experiments confirmed the close proximity of these 2 proteins in living cells following treatment with IFN-gamma...
- Long-lived, high-strength states of ICAM-1 bonds to beta2 integrin, I: lifetimes of bonds to recombinant alphaLbeta2 under forceEvan Evans
Department of Biomedical Engineering, Boston University, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Biophys J 98:1458-66. 2010....
- Interleukin-1beta induces ICAM-1 expression enhancing leukocyte adhesion in human rheumatoid arthritis synovial fibroblasts: involvement of ERK, JNK, AP-1, and NF-kappaBChuen Mao Yang
Department of Pharmacology, Chang Gung University, Kwei San, Tao Yuan, Taiwan
J Cell Physiol 224:516-26. 2010..These results suggest that in human RASFs, activation of ERK, JNK, AP-1, and NF-kappaB are essential for IL-1beta-induced ICAM-1 expression and leukocyte adhesion...
- Kindlin-3 is required for the stabilization of TCR-stimulated LFA-1:ICAM-1 bonds critical for lymphocyte arrest and spreading on dendritic cellsSara W Feigelson
Department of Immunology, The Weizmann Institute of Science, Rehovot, Israel
Blood 117:7042-52. 2011..We suggest that Kindlin-3 selectively contributes to a final TCR-triggered outside-in stabilization of bonds generated between chemokine-primed LFA-1 molecules and cell-surface ICAM-1...
- Association of variation at the ABO locus with circulating levels of soluble intercellular adhesion molecule-1, soluble P-selectin, and soluble E-selectin: a meta-analysisStefan Kiechl
Innsbruck Medical University, Innsbruck, Austria
Circ Cardiovasc Genet 4:681-6. 2011..To evaluate these associations and the effect sizes, we performed a meta-analysis with new and previous reported data for polymorphism rs579459...
- GEF-H1/RhoA signalling pathway mediates lipopolysaccharide-induced intercellular adhesion molecular-1 expression in endothelial cells via activation of p38 and NF-κBFeng Guo
Department of Burn and Plastic Surgery, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, School of Medicine, Rui Jin Hospital, Shanghai 230022, China
Cytokine 57:417-28. 2012..In summary, our data suggest that LPS-induced ICAM-1 synthesis in HUVECs is regulated by GEF-H1/RhoA-dependent signaling pathway via activation of p38 and NF-κB...
- Resistin induces monocyte-endothelial cell adhesion by increasing ICAM-1 and VCAM-1 expression in endothelial cells via p38MAPK-dependent pathwayWei Yen Hsu
Department of Physiology, School of Medicine, National Yang Ming University, Taipei, Taiwan
J Cell Physiol 226:2181-8. 2011..Taken together, these results show that resistin increases both the expression of ICAM-1 and VCAM-1 by endothelial cells and monocyte adhesion to HUVECs via p38MAPK-dependent pathways...
- Cutting edge: TNF-induced microRNAs regulate TNF-induced expression of E-selectin and intercellular adhesion molecule-1 on human endothelial cells: feedback control of inflammationYajaira Suarez
Department of Immunobiology and Interdepartmental Program in Vascular Biology and Therapeutics, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06520 8089, USA
J Immunol 184:21-5. 2010..Conversely, transfections with mimics of these miRNAs decreased neutrophil adhesion to endothelial cells. These data suggest that miRNAs provide negative feedback control of inflammation...
- Dissection of the role of PfEMP1 and ICAM-1 in the sensing of Plasmodium-falciparum-infected erythrocytes by natural killer cellsMyriam Baratin
Aix Marseille Universite, Faculte des Sciences de Luminy, Centre d Immunologie de Marseille Luminy CIML, Marseille, France
PLoS ONE 2:e228. 2007..PfEMP1 is expressed on parasitized-erythrocytes and participates to vascular obstruction through the binding to several host receptors. PfEMP1 is also a pivotal target for host antibody response to Pf infection...
- Effect of high glucose concentrations on expression of ELAM-1, VCAM-1 and ICAM-1 in HUVEC with and without cytokine activationT S Altannavch
Second Department of Internal Medicine, Third Faculty of Medicine, Charles University, Czech Republic
Physiol Res 53:77-82. 2004..These results show that even a short-term exposure of endothelial cells (ECs) to high glucose concentration leads to their activation associated with increased expression of adhesion molecules such as ELAM-1, VCAM-1 and ICAM-1...
- K469E polymorphism of the intracellular adhesion molecule 1 gene is associated with proliferative diabetic retinopathy in Caucasians with type 2 diabetesMojca Globocnik Petrovic
Eye Clinic, University Medical Centre Ljubljana, Slovenia
Clin Exp Ophthalmol 36:468-72. 2008....
- Essential role of cofilin-1 in regulating thrombin-induced RelA/p65 nuclear translocation and intercellular adhesion molecule 1 (ICAM-1) expression in endothelial cellsFabeha Fazal
Department of Pediatrics Neonatology, Lung Biology and Disease Program, University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, Rochester, New York 14642, USA
J Biol Chem 284:21047-56. 2009..Together, these data show that cofilin-1 occupies a central position in RhoA-actin pathway mediating nuclear translocation of RelA/p65 and expression of ICAM-1 in endothelial cells...
- Modulated expression of adhesion molecules and galectin-1: role during mesenchymal stromal cell immunoregulatory functionsMehdi Najar
Laboratory of Experimental Hematology, Institut Jules Bordet, Universite Libre de Bruxelles, Brussels, Belgium
Exp Hematol 38:922-32. 2010....
- PTEN differentially regulates expressions of ICAM-1 and VCAM-1 through PI3K/Akt/GSK-3β/GATA-6 signaling pathways in TNF-α-activated human endothelial cellsKonstantin Tsoyi
Department of Pharmacology, Institute of Health Sciences, School of Medicine, and Biomedical Center BK21, Gyeongsang National University, 92 Chilam dong, Jinju 660 751, Republic of Korea
Atherosclerosis 213:115-21. 2010..It is concluded that PTEN selectively inhibits expression of VCAM-1 but not ICAM-1 through modulation of PI3K/Akt/GSK-3β/GATA-6 signaling cascade in TNF-α-treated ECs...
- OxLDL and substrate stiffness promote neutrophil transmigration by enhanced endothelial cell contractility and ICAM-1Kimberly M Stroka
Fischell Department of Bioengineering, University of Maryland, College Park, MD 20742, USA
J Biomech 45:1828-34. 2012..Thus, microvasculature stiffness, which likely varies depending on tissue location and health, is an important regulator of the transmigration step of the immune response in the presence of oxLDL...
- Filamin B mediates ICAM-1-driven leukocyte transendothelial migrationEdwin Kanters
Department of Molecular Cell Biology, Sanquin Research and Landsteiner Laboratory, Academic Medical Center, University of Amsterdam, Plesmanlaan 125, 1066 CX Amsterdam
J Biol Chem 283:31830-9. 2008..In conclusion, this study identifies filamin B as a molecular linker that mediates ICAM-1-driven transendothelial migration...
- Plasma intercellular adhesion molecule-1 and von Willebrand factor in primary graft dysfunction after lung transplantationM Covarrubias
Division of Allergy, Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, Department of Medicine, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, TN, USA
Am J Transplant 7:2573-8. 2007..There was no association between plasma vWF levels and PGD. We conclude that higher levels of plasma ICAM-1 are associated with PGD following lung transplantation...
- High levels of soluble intercellular adhesion molecule-1, insulin resistance and saturated fatty acids are associated with endothelial dysfunction in healthy adolescentsYun Chen
Department of Molecular and Clinical Medicine Clinical Physiology, The Sahlgrenska Academy and University Hospital, University of Gothenburg, SE 41345 Gothenburg, Sweden
Atherosclerosis 211:638-42. 2010..As the determinants of endothelial function in childhood are unknown, we investigated the influence of cardiovascular risk factors on endothelial function in a cohort of healthy adolescents...
- Occupancy of lymphocyte LFA-1 by surface-immobilized ICAM-1 is critical for TCR- but not for chemokine-triggered LFA-1 conversion to an open headpiece high-affinity stateSara W Feigelson
Department of Immunology, Weizmann Institute of Science, Rehovot, Israel
J Immunol 185:7394-404. 2010....
- Interleukin-1 alpha produced by human T-cell leukaemia virus type I-infected T cells induces intercellular adhesion molecule-1 expression on lung epithelial cellsYuko Nakayama
Department of Microbiology and Oncology, Graduate School of Medicine, University of the Ryukyus, Nishihara, Okinawa, Japan
J Med Microbiol 60:1750-61. 2011..These results suggest that IL-1α produced by HTLV-I-infected Tax(+) T cells is crucial for ICAM-1 expression in lung epithelial cells and subsequent adhesion of lymphocytes in HTLV-I-related pulmonary diseases...
- Reduced expression of adipose triglyceride lipase enhances tumor necrosis factor alpha-induced intercellular adhesion molecule-1 expression in human aortic endothelial cells via protein kinase C-dependent activation of nuclear factor-kappaBTomoaki Inoue
Department of Medicine and Bioregulatory Science, Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Kyushu University, 3 1 1 Maidashi, Higashi ku, Fukuoka 812 8582, Japan
J Biol Chem 286:32045-53. 2011..These results suggest that reduced ATGL expression may influence the atherogenic process in neutral lipid storage diseases and in the insulin-resistant state...
- The NF-κB target genes ICAM-1 and VCAM-1 are differentially regulated during spontaneous differentiation of Caco-2 cellsErhan Astarci
Department of Biochemistry, Middle East Technical University, Ankara, Turkey
FEBS J 279:2966-86. 2012..Thus, regulation of ICAM-1 and VCAM-1, although both NF-κB target genes, appears to be different over the course of epithelial differentiation in Caco-2 cells...
- Increased levels of soluble ICAM-1 in chronic obstructive pulmonary disease and resistant smokers are related to active smokingJose Luis López-Campos
Unidad Médico Quirúrgica de Enfermedades Respiratorias, Instituto de Biomedicina de Sevilla IBiS, Hospital Universitario Virgen del Rocio, Avda Manual Siurot, S N, 41013 Seville, Spain
Biomark Med 6:805-11. 2012..Serum ICAM-1 (sICAM-1) is known to be a smoking-associated inflammatory marker, but data in chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) are lacking...
- Expression of intercellular adhesion molecule 1 by hepatocellular carcinoma stem cells and circulating tumor cellsShuPeng Liu
Changhai Hospital, Second Military Medical University, Shanghai, China
Gastroenterology 144:1031-1041.e10. 2013b>Intercellular adhesion molecule 1 (ICAM-1) is believed to be involved in metastasis of hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) cells. Cancer stem cells promote tumor relapse and metastasis...
- Structural basis for LFA-1 inhibition upon lovastatin binding to the CD11a I-domainJ Kallen
Preclinical Research, Novartis Pharma AG, Basel, CH 4002, Switzerland
J Mol Biol 292:1-9. 1999..It also sheds light into possible mechanisms of LFA-1 mediated signalling and will support the design of novel anti-adhesive and immunosuppressive drugs...
- Influence of hepatitis C virus infection on circulating levels of sICAM-1 and VEGF in patients with hepatitis C and hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) and their role in enhancing detection of HCCGhada F Helaly
Department of Microbiology, Medical Research Institute, Alexandria University, Alexandria, Egypt
Egypt J Immunol 13:27-38. 2006....
- Association of the 98T ELAM-1 polymorphism with increased bleeding after cardiac surgeryIan J Welsby
Department of Anesthesiology, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27710, USA
J Cardiothorac Vasc Anesth 24:427-33. 2010..The authors tested the hypothesis that genetic polymorphisms of inflammatory mediators and cellular adhesion molecules are associated with bleeding after cardiac surgery...
- Vitamin E isoforms differentially regulate intercellular adhesion molecule-1 activation of PKCα in human microvascular endothelial cellsHiam Abdala-Valencia
Allergy Immunology Division, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, Illinois, United States of America
PLoS ONE 7:e41054. 2012..It is also not known whether ICAM-1 signaling in endothelial cells is regulated by tocopherol isoforms. We hypothesized that d-α-tocopherol and d-γ-tocopherol differentially regulate ICAM-1 activation of endothelial cell PKC...
- Genetic polymorphisms of ICAM 1 and IL28 as predictors of liver fibrosis severity and viral clearance in hepatitis C genotype 4Nasser M Rizk
Health Sciences Department, Qatar University, 2713 Doha, Qatar
Clin Res Hepatol Gastroenterol 37:262-8. 2013....
- Expression of intercellular adhesion molecule 1 (ICAM-1) on human articular cartilage chondrocytesM E Davies
Strangeways Research Laboratory, Worts Causeway, Cambridge, U K
Connect Tissue Res 26:207-16. 1991Monoclonal antibodies have been used to demonstrate the induction of intercellular adhesion molecule 1 (ICAM-1) on chondrocytes in human articular cartilage...
- Absence of association between an intercellular adhesion molecule 1 gene E469K polymorphism and Alzheimer's disease in Finnish patientsKari M Mattila
Department of Clinical Chemistry, Centre for Laboratory Medicine, Tampere University Hospital, Finland
Neurosci Lett 337:61-3. 2003Increased expression of intercellular adhesion molecule 1 (ICAM1), a protein known to contribute to inflammatory responses, has been detected in the brain tissue of patients with Alzheimer's disease (AD) and animals modelled to mimic AD ..
- Antigen presentation by human microvascular endothelial cells triggers ICAM-1-dependent transendothelial protrusion by, and fractalkine-dependent transendothelial migration of, effector memory CD4+ T cellsThomas D Manes
Department of Immunobiology, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06520, USA
J Immunol 180:8386-92. 2008..These in vitro observations suggest that presentation of Ag by human microvascular endothelial cells to circulating CD4(+) effector memory T cells may function to initiate recall responses in peripheral tissues...
- Epidermal growth factor-like domain 7 suppresses intercellular adhesion molecule 1 expression in response to hypoxia/reoxygenation injury in human coronary artery endothelial cellsMitesh V Badiwala
Division of Cardiovascular Surgery, Toronto General Hospital, University Health Network, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Circulation 122:S156-61. 2010..We investigated the effect of Egfl7 on endothelial cell intercellular adhesion molecule 1 expression in response to H/R injury.
- Interleukin (IL)-4 induces production of cytokine-induced neutrophil chemoattractants (CINCs) and intercellular adhesion molecule (ICAM)-1 in lungs of asthmatic ratsYa Li Guo
Department of Respiratory Diseases and Critical Care Medicine, Tongji Hospital, Tonji Medical College, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan, 430030, China
J Huazhong Univ Sci Technolog Med Sci 33:470-8. 2013..These findings indicate that IL-4 does not directly recruit neutrophils in the rat lungs, but it may contribute to airway neutrophilia through up-regulation of CINC-1 and ICAM-1. ..
- Candidate genetic variants in the fibrinogen, methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase, and intercellular adhesion molecule-1 genes and plasma levels of fibrinogen, homocysteine, and intercellular adhesion molecule-1 among various race/ethnic groups: data fromMichelle A Albert
Center for Cardiovascular Disease Prevention, Donald W Reynolds Center for Cardiovascular Disease Research, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston MA, USA
Am Heart J 157:777-83.e1. 2009..We examined the relationship between specific polymorphisms in the FGB, homocysteine, and ICAM-1 genes and their respective inflammatory biomarker concentrations at baseline in women from different race/ethnic groups...
- A membranous form of ICAM-1 on exosomes efficiently blocks leukocyte adhesion to activated endothelial cellsHwan Myung Lee
Department of Life Science, Division of Molecular and Life Sciences, Pohang University of Science and Technology, Pohang 790 784, Republic of Korea
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 397:251-6. 2010..Taken together with previous findings, our results indicate that mICAM-1 on exosomes exhibits potent immune modulatory activity...
- The intercellular adhesion molecule-1 (ICAM-1) gene polymorphism K469E in end-stage renal disease patients with cardiovascular diseaseMonika Buraczynska
Laboratory for DNA Analysis and Molecular Diagnostics, Department of Nephrology, Medical University of Lublin, Lublin, Poland
Hum Immunol 73:824-8. 2012..In the multivariate regression analysis the carrier status of T allele of K469E was an independent risk factor of susceptibility to CVD. Our data suggest that the ICAM-1 K469E polymorphism is associated with CVD in ESRD patients...
- SIRT1 suppresses PMA and ionomycin-induced ICAM-1 expression in endothelial cellsYuyan Jia
State Key Laboratory of Medical Molecular Biology, Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Institute of Basic Medical Sciences, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences and Peking Union Medical College, Beijing, 100005, People s Republic of China
Sci China Life Sci 56:19-25. 2013..Overall, these data suggests that SIRT1 inhibits ICAM-1 expression in endothelial cells, which may contribute to its anti-atherosclerosis effect...
- Astragalus polysaccharides suppress ICAM-1 and VCAM-1 expression in TNF-α-treated human vascular endothelial cells by blocking NF-κB activationYu Ping Zhu
Key Laboratory of Geriatrics, Beijing Hospital and Beijing Institute of Geriatrics, Ministry of Health, Beijing 100730, China
Acta Pharmacol Sin 34:1036-42. 2013..To investigate the effects Astragalus polysaccharides (APS) on tumor necrosis factor (TNF)-α-induced inflammatory reactions in human umbilical vein endothelial cells (HUVECs) and to elucidate the underlying mechanisms...
- David R Jacobs; Fiscal Year: 2014....
- EPIDEMIOLOGY: OXIDATIVE STRESS AND EARLY ATHEROSCLEROSISDavid Jacobs; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- Fabeha Fazal; Fiscal Year: 2014..sepsis or vascular injury, regulates the expression of adhesive protein intercellular adhesion molecule-1 (ICAM-1;CD54) in endothelial cells, and how this event promotes sequestration and migration of polymorphonuclear leukocytes (PMN)..
- WILLIAM TZU LUNG HU; Fiscal Year: 2014..In Aim 2, we will determine if an endothelial marker - intercellular adhesion molecule 1 or ICAM-1 - gene variant unique to AA enhances AD neurotoxicity to explain the greater hippocampal ..
- Pharmacodynamic Thresholds of ImmunosuppressionRakesh Sindhi; Fiscal Year: 2004..expression of the cytokines IL-2, TNF-alpha and IFN-gamma in T-cells, and of costimulatory proteins CD54 (intercellular adhesion molecule-1), CD86 (B7...
- MOLECULAR/CELLULAR BIOLOGY OF GLIAL TUMORSSteven Rosenfeld; Fiscal Year: 2001..Taken together, these projects should lead to a better understanding of the cell biology of malignant glial tumors. ..
- Adhesion Molecules in Allergic Lung InflammationDavid Corry; Fiscal Year: 2009..Specific Aim 2 will examine the requirement of the LFA-1-CD54 (intercellular adhesion molecule 1;ICAM-1) interaction in differentially coordinating lung Th1 and Th2 homing using gene deficient mice ..
- FOLLICULAR ANTIGEN BINDING DENDRITIC CELLSJohn Tew; Fiscal Year: 2009..are important in FDC-B cell-T cell interactions including: Ag-Ab complexes, CD21L, CD23, CD32/FcyRIIB, CD40, CD44, CD54/ICAM-1, CD106/VCAM-1, and CD320/8D6;3) Products secreted by FDCs that influence GC reactions include CXCL-12, CXCL-..
- MEDIATORS AND MODIFIERS OF NF-kappaB IN INSULIN RESISTANCESteven E Shoelson; Fiscal Year: 2010..The findings will improve our understanding of the role of subacute 'inflammation'in insulin resistance, T2D and the metabolic syndrome, and may identify new and more selective targets for therapeutic intervention. ..
- LEUKOTRIENES AND DIABETIC RETINOPATHYRose A Gubitosi-Klug; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- GENES AND FIBRINOLYTIC CAPACITY OF HUMAN ENDOTHELIUMMias Pretorius; Fiscal Year: 2012..In Aim 1, we will use a bradykinin BB2 receptor antagonist, HOE 140, to test the hypothesis that endogenous bradykinin contributes to both the ..
- Andrew V Oleinikov; Fiscal Year: 2014..This would be the first genome-wide study of seroreactivity and a comprehensive study of functional immune responses against PfEMP1 proteins. This study may provide candidates for development of vaccines against severe malaria. ..
- Genetic Susceptibilty to Cardiovascular Effects of Arsenic ExposureYu Chen; Fiscal Year: 2013..The proposed study will provide valuable knowledge about the pathophysiology and mechanism by which As exposure may lead to CVD and may also lead to improved prevention and risk assessment of As exposure. ..
- High throughput screening for anti-adhesion drugs to treat severe malariaAndrew V Oleinikov; Fiscal Year: 2010..Suggested experiments will develop and validate our functional PfEMP1 domain array platform for HTS for malaria antiadhesion compounds. ..
- Biobehavioral Genetics of CVD RiskIndrani Halder; Fiscal Year: 2010..The ROO phase will involve examining all genes for a comprehensive evaluation of the pathways (End of Abstract) ..
- NEUTROPHILS TRANSENDOTHELIAL MIGRATION: MOLECULAR EVENTSAlan Burns; Fiscal Year: 2004..in adhesion assays to examine the functional role of leukocyte (CD11a/CD18 and CD11b/CD18) and endothelial (CD31, CD54, CD62E, CD62P) adhesion molecules and chemotactic factors (IL-8, PAF, MIP-2, and KC) in neutrophil migration at ..
- PHTHALOCYANINE PDT--IN VIVO RESPONSES AND MECHANISMSCraig Elmets; Fiscal Year: 2004..Pc 4 PDT-induced tumor regression can be diminished by neutralizing antibodies to the adhesion molecule ICAM-1 (CD54). ICAM-1 is a molecule that is critical for the development of immune and inflammatory reactions...
- HTS Assay for Discovery:Small Molecule Regulators (RMI)Vineet Gupta; Fiscal Year: 2005..a wide variety of ligands, including the complement fragment iC3b, fibrinogen, blood clotting factor X and CD54 (ICAM-1)...
- Echocardiographic Evaluation of Endothelial FunctionFlordeliza Villanueva; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- DIFFERENTIATION AND FUNCTION OF HUMAN HELPER T CELLSSETH LEDERMAN; Fiscal Year: 2000..the roles of CRAF1 in several aspects of CD4O-mediated signalling of B cells, including; CD23 upregulation, ICAM1 (CD54) upregulation and homotypic aggregation, upregulation of the costimulatory molecule CD8O (B7/BB-1) and Ig isotype ..
- APCs and Innate Immunity in HIV DiseaseLuis Montaner; Fiscal Year: 2005..and mature CD161KD56 NK cell subsets; changes in accessory cell-surface expression of functional molecules (CD40, CD54, MHC Class I, CD1 IC, CD16, CD80, CD86) and activation molecule CD95; changes in APC viability and APC-dependent ..
- CELL SURFACE ANTIGENS ON HUMAN MACROPHAGESRobert Todd; Fiscal Year: 1999..integrin glycoprotein not only serves as a traditional receptor for well-defined ligands such as ICAM-1 (CD54) and C3bi, but also serves as a mechanotransducer of signals triggered by the ligation of other phagocyte receptors ..
- Anti-Sm B-1 Cell Differentiation and FunctionStephen Clarke; Fiscal Year: 2003..aim, anti-Sm B-1 cell function will be assessed in vitro and in vivo, and the role of CD5 determined in 2-12H Tg/CD54-/-mice...
- TOLERANCE INDUCTION BY MONOCLONAL ANTIBODIESLaurie Davis; Fiscal Year: 2000..Based upon a dissection of the biologic effects of a mAb to ICAM-1 (CD54), a number of hypotheses have been generated about the impact of this particular therapeutic intervention...
- ICAM1 GENE--TRANSCRIPTIONAL REGULATION AND THE SKINSTEWART CAUGHMAN; Fiscal Year: 2000....
- ADHESION MOLECULES IN RENAL ISCHEMIA REPERFUSION INJURYIvy Boydstun; Fiscal Year: 2000..Aim 3 will determine the specific sites of augmented expression of CD54 (an important ligand for CD18 integrins), and will assess the contributions of CD18 integrins in the kidney ..
- FOLLICULAR ANTIGEN BINDING DENDRITIC CELLSJohn Tew; Fiscal Year: 2006..To determine whether FDC morphology and surface molecules (i.e., CD21, CD21L, CD23, CD32, CD35, CD4O, CD54, CD64, CD1O6, FDC-M1, FDC-M2 & IgG) can be regulated in vitro by manipulating GC B and T cells, immune ..
- ICAM1 gene inactivation protects against ischemic injuryRobert Montgomery; Fiscal Year: 2006..This work has important implications for the selective inactivation of gene function in allografts through ex vivo gene transfer. ..
- REGULATION OF SILICA INDUCED ICAM1 EXPRESSION IN MICEAndrea Hubbard; Fiscal Year: 1999..Mouse macrophages (primary culture, a cell line) will be stimulated in vitro with silica particles to increase ICAM 1 expression...
- ENHANCEMENT OF IMMUNOGENICITY OF HUMAN MELANOMA VACCINEEddy Hsueh; Fiscal Year: 2005..stimulating factor, and tumor necrosis factor-alpha can upregulate expression of multiple costimulatory molecules (CD54, CD58, CD80, and CD86) on human melanoma cells. 2...
- UCSD Hillcrest Flow CytometerPaul Mills; Fiscal Year: 2003..It will also be the centerpiece for an environment of shared ideas and collaboration among investigators who now utilize cytometry for their research. ..
- SYMPATHETIC NERVOUS SYSTEM REGULATION OF CELL ADHESIONPaul J Mills; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..
- Graft Tolerance with Apoptotic Cells and Dendritic CellsADRIAN MORELLI; Fiscal Year: 2008..Aim 3; To optimize the therapeutic effect of donor apoptotic cells on heart allograft survival. To investigate the mechanism(s) of action of donor apoptotic cells in graft recipients. ..
- Exosomes, Dendritic Cells and Transplant ToleranceADRIAN MORELLI; Fiscal Year: 2007..AIM 3: To investigate the effect of administration of donor MHC + exosomes or recipient DCs exposed to donor MHC + exosomes on heart allograft survival. To compare the effects of donor-MHC + exosomes with donor-MHC + apoptotic cells. ..
- Dendritic Cells with Galectin-1 to Enhance Islet GraftsADRIAN MORELLI; Fiscal Year: 2003..The results may have an important impact on regulation of beta-cell autoimmunity and in other areas of transplantation. ..
- DENDTRITIC CELLS, APOPTOTIC BODIES & TRANSPLANT TOLERAN*ADRIAN MORELLI; Fiscal Year: 2003..The results may provide new insight into how apoptotic bodies can modulate the Th-driving capacity of DC and determine the therapeutic potential of DC and apoptotic bodies in transplant tolerance. ..
- Cell Surface Modulation of EGFR-Mediated DifferentiationSuil Kim; Fiscal Year: 2008....
- Immuno-enhancement of skin patch anthrax vaccinationHui Xu; Fiscal Year: 2002..Ultimately, this protocol may also be applied for skin-patch vaccines to other pathogens and tumor antigens. ..
- Mentored Patient-Oriented Research Career Development AwMuredach Reilly; Fiscal Year: 2004..Focussed coursework in patient-oriented research will compliment practical experience obtained during the development of this application. ..
- Preparation of Low Valent Tc(1) Imaging AgentsCharles Smith; Fiscal Year: 2004..Identification of even a single diagnostic analog provides impetus for future evaluation of this new class of radiopharmaceuticals, via FDA approved clinical trials, in human patients. ..
- Genetics of atherosclerosis in renal diseaseMuredach P Reilly; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Identification of Early Markers for Ovarian CancerAnna Lokshin; Fiscal Year: 2006..By the end of the proposed project, we expect to construct a test based on a panel of ovarian cancer-specific antigens that has the most promising characteristics to identify women with ovarian cancer. ..
- Alcohol-Metabolizing Gene Variation, Lipids, Hemostatic Factors and CVDKelly Volcik; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- SIGNAL TRANSDUCTION IN SENSITIZED AIRWAY SMOOTH MUSCLEMichael Grunstein; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- Mitochondrial Haplogroups and Breast Cancer RiskDavid Cox; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Ultrafine Particle-Induced Oxidative StressMark Frampton; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Neutrophil-macrophage Interactions Govern Liver ImmunityStephen H Gregory; Fiscal Year: 2010..Consequently, they should provide valuable insights that enable the development of innovative strategies to improve treatment and prevent the devastating consequencesoften associated with septicemia and sepsis. ..
- HUMAN GASTRIN-RELEASING PEPTIDE RECEPTOR GENE REGULATIONHorst Weber; Fiscal Year: 2004..Results will likely contribute to the general understanding of mechanisms of gene expression and signaling in cancer biology. ..
- IMMUNOTOXICOLOGY OF A HEAVY METALKenneth Pollard; Fiscal Year: 2004..Analysis of the interaction between fibrillarin, mercury and cells of the lymphoid system may lead to insights into how an imunotoxin renders self-antigen immunogenic. ..
- ENHANCEMENT OF ANTI-TUMOR IMMUNOTHERAPIESHui Xu; Fiscal Year: 2005..The outcome may provide valuable information for improving the efficiency and clinical response of tumor immunotherapies. ..
- Cytokine Signaling in Autoimmune APC DysfunctionSally Litherland; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Ultrafine Particle Exposure in HumansMark Frampton; Fiscal Year: 2005..These studies will identify key mechanisms for the cardiovascular effects of exposure to ambient air particles. ..
- XENOBIOTIC ACCELERATION OF AUTOIMMUNITYKenneth Pollard; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- EXERCISE INDUCED CHANGES IN HPA ACTIVITY IN FIBROMYALGIAPatricia Deuster; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- THE ROLE OF IL-17 PRODUCING T LYMPHOCYTES IN ALLERGIC CONTACT DERMATITIS Hui Xu; Fiscal Year: 2008..The outcome may provide information for new therapeutic strategies for inflammatory diseases. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Dynamic Strenghts of Leukoctye Adhesion BondsEvan A Evans; Fiscal Year: 2011..abstract_text> ..
- BECTON DICKINSON FACS CALIBUR 4 COLOR WITH SORT UNITKenneth Pollard; Fiscal Year: 2001..Flow cytometry will be used to select and sort cell populations prior to and after transplantation studies. ..
- In Vitro Model of the Human Blood Brain Barrier to studyMonique Stins; Fiscal Year: 2003..By characterizing the individual steps involved in entry of monocytes into the brain, a better understanding of the pathogenesis of HIV-1-1 encephalopathy will be obtained and strategies may be developed to halt this process. ..
- STAT5 and PGS2 Dysfunction in Type 1 DiabetesSally Litherland; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Patterns of gene expression in Mulibrey NanismJuan Zapata; Fiscal Year: 2005..Specific Aim 2, is there any alteration in the patterns of gene expression induced by cytokines in normal and Mulibrey Nanism fibroblasts? Specific Aim 3, what is the role of TRIM37 in regulating gene expression? ..
- Inflammation, the metabolic syndrome and atherosclerosisMuredach Reilly; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Virus-Induced Mechanics of Altered Airway ResponsivenessMichael Grunstein; Fiscal Year: 2008..It is anticipated that the findings from these proposed studies would yield important new insights into the mechanistic interplay between viral respiratory pathogens, atopy, and altered airway responsiveness. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Maturation of Non-Specific Airways ReactivityMichael Grunstein; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- MOUSE MODELS TO STUDY THE ROLE OF TRAF1 AND TRAF2 IN THE ETIOLOGY OF LEUKEMIAJuan Zapata; Fiscal Year: 2007..Characterization of the CLL-like lymphoproliferative disorder caused by overexpression of TRAF2DN and Bcl-2 in B cells. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- HUMAN GASTRIN-RELEASING PEPTIDE RECEPTOR GENE REGULATIONHorst Weber; Fiscal Year: 2004..Due to its important relationship to mitogenic and other factors involved in carcinogenesis, these studies will greatly contribute to the general understanding of malignant transformation in gastrointestinal and other tissues. ..
- MOUSE MODELS TO STUDY MULIBREY NANISMJuan Zapata; Fiscal Year: 2005..study the developmental and phenotypic alterations of trim37 knock out and FINmajor-mutated trim37 mice. These mice will be the foundation for further studies on the biology and etiology of Mulibrey Nanism. ..
- The Choriocapillaris in Aging and Macular DiseaseRobert Mullins; Fiscal Year: 2005..These experiments are expected to provide novel insights into the potential role of the choriocapillaris in the pathobiology of AMD. ..
- MACROPHAGE ACTIVATION AND LIPOPROTEIN METABOLISMMaria Lopes Virella; Fiscal Year: 2001..Our overall objective is to provide insight into the mechanisms by which anti-LDL antibodies and macrophage activation may contribute to the development(acceleration of the arteriosclerotic process. ..
- MERCURY INDUCED AUTOIMMUNITYKenneth Pollard; Fiscal Year: 2007..Identification of the role that IFN-gamma plays in the development of induced murine systemic autoimmunity should prove applicable to murine models of idiopathic systemic autoimmunity and to human lupus. ..
- REGULATION OF CELL DIFFERENTATION DURING DECIDUALIZATIONZuzana Strakova; Fiscal Year: 2002..We anticipate that our ongoing studies will contribute to find therapies to treat endometrial dysfunctions associated with infertility, habitual abortions and/or insufficient placental development. ..
- HIV Vaccines that Elicit Immune Responses to Virus EnvCatarina E Hioe; Fiscal Year: 2010..These studies will provide information about how to design more immunogenic forms of gp120, how to better stimulate gp120-specific CD4 T cell responses, and how to use the mutated gp120 constructs as HIV vaccines. ..
- Cell Differentation During DecidualizationZuzana Strakova; Fiscal Year: 2010..Thus, in the long term our studies might provide new targets of intervention leading to improvements in diagnosis and treatment. ..
- CD4 Regulator T Cells Suppress Alloreactivity after BMTBryon Johnson; Fiscal Year: 2005..The information obtained will contribute significantly to our understanding of the role of regulatory T cells in mediating dominant peripheral tolerance after allo-BMT and could lead to translational applications in clinical BMT. ..
- G-protein-induced Signaling of PMN-mediated Lung InjuryArshad Rahman; Fiscal Year: 2010..These studies may provide future directions for development of therapeutic strategies for inflammatory disease states such as Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome (ARDS). ..
- ALLERGIC CONTACT DERMATITIS: MECHANISMS OF ELICITATIONHui Xu; Fiscal Year: 2008..On a clinical level, the outcome of the proposal may lead to development of immunotherapeutic approaches for antigen specific desensitization of allergic contact dermatitis patients. ..
- DIFFUSION MRI AS BIOMARKER FOR THERAPY RESPONSE IN BREAST CANCER METASTASESAlison T Stopeck; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- High Throughput Analysis of Malarial Surface AntigensANDREW OLEINIKOV; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- FRANCISELLA TULARENSIS: INNATE RESISTANCE TO IHALATIONStephen Gregory; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..