Genomes and Genes
I mfa domain containing protein
Gene Symbol: I mfa domain containing protein
Description: MyoD family inhibitor domain containing
Alias: HIC, myoD family inhibitor domain-containing protein, I-mfa domain-containing protein
Publications185 found, 100 shown here
- Intermolecular masking of the HIV-1 Rev NLS by the cellular protein HIC: novel insights into the regulation of Rev nuclear importLili Gu
UCD Centre for Research in Infectious Diseases, School of Medicine and Medical Science, University College Dublin UCD, Belfield, Dublin 4, Ireland
Retrovirology 8:17. 2011..However, it remains unclear which nuclear import pathway(s) predominate in vivo, and the cellular environment that modulates Rev nucleocytoplasmic shuttling remains to be characterised...
- HIC gene, a candidate suppressor gene within a minimal region of loss at 7q31.1 in myeloid neoplasmsDaniela Cigognini
Department of Medicine, Surgery and Dentistry, University of Milan, Via di Rudini 8, 20142 Milano, Italy
Leuk Res 31:477-82. 2007..The closest gene to our most deleted microsatellite, D7S2554, is the human I-mfa domain containing (HIC) gene, alias MyoD family inhibitor domain containing (MDFIC)...
- Molecular cloning of a novel human I-mfa domain-containing protein that differently regulates human T-cell leukemia virus type I and HIV-1 expressionS Thebault
Institut de Biologie, Laboratoire Infections Retrovirales et Signalisation Cellulaire, CRBM CNRS UPR 1086, 4 Boulevard Henri IV, 34060 Montpellier, France
J Biol Chem 275:4848-57. 2000..The synthesis of this new factor, called HIC for Human I-mfa domain-Containing protein, is controlled at the translational level by two different codons, an ATG ..
- I-mfa domain proteins interact with Axin and affect its regulation of the Wnt and c-Jun N-terminal kinase signaling pathwaysShuichi Kusano
Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer Center, School of Medicine, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, 27599 7295, USA
Mol Cell Biol 22:6393-405. 2002..of myogenic basic helix-loop-helix transcription factors, and a related human I-mfa domain-containing protein (HIC) also has been identified as a protein that regulates Tat- and Tax-mediated expression of viral promoters...
- The human I-mfa domain-containing protein, HIC, interacts with cyclin T1 and modulates P-TEFb-dependent transcriptionTara M Young
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, New Jersey Medical School, 185 South Orange Avenue, Newark, NJ 07013 2714, USA
Mol Cell Biol 23:6373-84. 2003..Among the proteins isolated was the human I-mfa domain-containing protein (HIC)...
- Direct interaction of the human I-mfa domain-containing protein, HIC, with HIV-1 Tat results in cytoplasmic sequestration and control of Tat activityVirginie W Gautier
Department of Medical Microbiology, Centre for Research in Infectious Diseases, Conway Institute of Molecular and Biomedical Research, University College Dublin, Belfield, Dublin 4, Ireland
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 102:16362-7. 2005..we report and characterize the interaction of the human inhibitor of MyoD family domain-containing protein (I-mfa), HIC, with Tat at a biochemical and a functional level...
- Developmental regulators containing the I-mfa domain interact with T cyclins and Tat and modulate transcriptionQi Wang
University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, New Jersey Medical School, Newark, NJ 07103 2714, USA
J Mol Biol 367:630-46. 2007..The related I-mfa (inhibitor of MyoD family a) and HIC (human I-mfa-domain-containing) proteins function in myogenic differentiation and embryonic development by ..
- The 3'UTR of HIC mRNA improves the production of recombinant proteins in Chinese hamster ovary cellsJaron Liu
Expression Engineering Group, Bioprocessing Technology Institute, Agency for Science, Technology and Research A STAR, 20 Biopolis Way, 06 01 Centros, Singapore 138668, Singapore
J Biotechnol 139:152-5. 2009..It has been reported that the human I-mfa (inhibitor of MyoD family a) domain-containing protein (HIC) interacts with P-TEFb and that expression of HIC cDNA stimulates P-TEFb-dependent transcription...
- Expression profile and differential regulation of the Human I-mfa domain-Containing protein (HIC) gene in immune cellsLili Gu
School of Medicine and Medical Science, Centre for Research in Infectious Diseases, University College Dublin, Belfield, Dublin 4, Ireland
Immunol Lett 123:179-84. 2009The Human I-mfa domain-Containing protein, HIC, is a 246 amino acid protein that functions as a transcriptional regulator...
- The complex regulation of HIC (Human I-mfa domain containing protein) expressionElla Reiss-Sklan
Department of Biological Chemistry, Institute of Life Science, The Hebrew University, Jerusalem, Israel
PLoS ONE 4:e6152. 2009Human I-mfa domain containing protein (HIC) differentially regulates transcription from viral promoters. HIC affects the Wnt pathway, the JNK/SAPK pathway and the activity of positive transcription elongation factor-b (P-TEFb)...
- Human I-mfa domain proteins specifically interact with KSHV LANA and affect its regulation of Wnt signaling-dependent transcriptionShuichi Kusano
Division of Persistent and Oncogenic Viruses, Center for Chronic Viral Diseases, Graduate School of Medical and Dental Sciences, Kagoshima University, 8 35 1 Sakuragaoka, Kagoshima 890 8544, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 396:608-13. 2010..We show here that the I-mfa domain proteins, HIC (human I-mfa domain-containing protein) and I-mfa (inhibitor of MyoD family a), interacted in vivo with LANA ..
- Leaking urine in Australian women: prevalence and associated conditionsP Chiarelli
Hunter Centre for Health Advancement
Women Health 29:1-13. 1999..mid-age women, 45-50 (N = 13,738) and older women, 70-75 (N = 12,417), were recruited randomly from the national HIC/Medicare database. Leaking urine was reported by approximately one in eight young women [estimated prevalence 12...
- Siderophore production by enterotoxigenic SalmonellaS F Jiwa
Department of Microbiology and Parasitology, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Sokoine University of Agriculture, Morogoro, Tanzania
Zentralbl Bakteriol Mikrobiol Hyg A 266:338-46. 1987Eleven Salmonella strains of diverse origin studied previously for enterotoxigenicity, cell surface hydrophobicity (HIC) and haemagglutination (HA) were studied for the production of a siderophore precursor 2,3-dihydroxybenzoic acid (DHB)..
- Enhanced cancer growth in mice administered daily human-equivalent doses of some H1-antihistamines: predictive in vitro correlatesL J Brandes
Department of Medicine, Manitoba Institute of Cell Biology, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, Canada
J Natl Cancer Inst 86:770-5. 1994..It is thought that potency to bind to intracellular histamine receptors (HIC), some of which are on cytochromes P450, may correlate with tumor growth-promoting activity.
- Acacia senegal gum: continuum of molecular species differing by their protein to sugar ratio, molecular weight, and chargesDenis Renard
Unité de recherches Biopolymères, Interactions, Assemblages, INRA, rue de la Geraudiere, BP 71627 44316 Nantes Cedex 3, France
Biomacromolecules 7:2637-49. 2006..Three main molecular fractions were isolated after hydrophobic interaction chromatography (HIC) and biochemical analyses confirmed the presence of an arabinogalactan-peptide (FI), an arabinogalactan-protein (..
- [Investigation of hydrophobic characteristics of biofilm producer and non-producer Staphylococcus aureus clinical isolates]Selma Ay
Inonu Universitesi Tip Fakultesi, Tibbi Mikrobiyoloji Anabilim Dali, Malatya
Mikrobiyol Bul 44:221-30. 2010..and phenyl-sepharose; Amersham Bioscience, Sweden) were studied by using hydrophobic interaction chromatography (HIC) method. After butyl- and octyl-sepharose chromatography, it was determined that slime negative S...
- New approach for separating Bacillus subtilis metalloprotease and alpha-amylase by affinity chromatography and for purifying neutral protease by hydrophobic chromatographyI Lauer
Centre de Recherche TEPRAL, Branche Boissons du Groupe Danone, Strasbourg, France
J Chromatogr B Biomed Sci Appl 737:277-84. 2000..Purification was achieved by means of affinity chromatography on Cibacron Blue and HIC as a polishing step...
- Ethanol tolerance and withdrawal responses in GABA(A) receptor alpha 6 subunit null allele mice and in inbred C57BL/6J and strain 129/SvJ miceG E Homanics
Department of Anesthesiology and Critical Care Medicine, University of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15261, USA
Alcohol Clin Exp Res 22:259-65. 1998..At the end of the last treatment cycle, mice were scored for handling induced convulsions (HIC)...
- Study of the disulfide reduction of denatured proteins by liquid chromatography coupled with on-line cold-vapor-generation atomic-fluorescence spectrometry (LC-CVGAFS)Emilia Bramanti
Laboratory of Instrumental Analytical Chemistry, Italian National Research Council Istituto per i Processi Chimico Fisici, Via G Moruzzi 1, 56124 Pisa, Italy
Anal Bioanal Chem 380:310-8. 2004..chromatography coupled on-line with chemical-vapor-generation atomic-fluorescence spectrometry (HIC-CVGAFS), optimized recently for the analysis of thiol-containing proteins under denaturing conditions, has been ..
- Comparison of the protein adsorption selectivity of salt-promoted agarose-based adsorbents. Hydrophobic, thiophilic and electron donor-acceptor adsorbentsP P Berna
Biochemical Separation Centre, University of Uppsala, BMC, Sweden
J Chromatogr A 800:151-9. 1998..The conclusion of this work is two-fold: (1) hydrophobic interaction chromatography (HIC) and electron donor-acceptor chromatography (EDAC) have opposed protein selectivities and are both salt-promoted...
- Ultrastructural sequences during liver iron overload in genetic hemochromatosisT C Iancu
B Rappaport Faculty of Medicine, Technion Israel Institute of Technology, Haifa
J Hepatol 27:628-38. 1997..The objective of the present study was to describe the ultrastructural changes in liver biopsies of patients in various stages of this condition and to correlate these with clinical, histopathological and biochemical data...
- Multidimensional analysis of denatured milk proteins by hydrophobic interaction chromatography coupled to a dynamic surface tension detectorEmilia Bramanti
Laboratory of Instrumental Analytical Chemistry, Istituto per i Processi Chimico Fisici, National Research Council of Italy CNR, Via G Moruzzi 1, 56124 Pisa, Italy
J Chromatogr A 1023:79-91. 2004..A hydrophobic interaction chromatography (HIC) column (a TSK-Gel Phenyl-5PW column, TosoBiosep), in the presence of 3...
- [Morbidity due to intracerebral hemorrhage]F J López-González
Servicio de Neurologia, Complexo Hospitalario Universitario de Santiago Hospital Xeral de Galicia, Santiago de Compostela, Espana
Rev Neurol 27:755-8. 1998Intracerebral hemorrhage (HIC) represents 10-30% of all stroke. Epidemiological studies have shown factors associated with its high mortality, but those which might lead to lower morbidity are little known.
- Iron overload in patients with chronic hepatitis C virus infection: clinical and histological studyIvonete S S Silva
Department of Gastroenterology, Federal University of Sao Paulo, Rua Botucatu 740, 2nd Floor, CEP 04023 900 São Paulo SP, Brazil
J Gastroenterol Hepatol 20:243-8. 2005..of the present paper was to determine the prevalence of iron overload and to study the relationship between hepatic iron concentration (HIC) and clinical, biochemical and histological characteristics in chronic HCV-infected carriers.
- Interaction of fibrinogen with n-alkylagaroses and its purification by critical hydrophobicity hydrophobic interaction chromatograpyHerbert P Jennissen
Institut fur Physiologische Chemie, Universitat Duisburg Essen, Universitatsklinikum Essen, Hufelandstrasse 55, D 45122 Essen 1, Germany
J Chromatogr A 1109:197-213. 2006A rational application of hydrophobic interaction chromatography (HIC) to the purification of proteins has remained an enigma in spite of over 30 years of research...
- Hic-5 promotes endothelial cell migration to lysophosphatidic acidC Avraamides
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, and Sol Sherry Thrombosis Research Center, Temple University School of Medicine, 3400 N Broad Street, Philadelphia, PA 19140, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 293:H193-203. 2007..Hydrogen peroxide-inducible clone 5 (Hic-5), a paxillin family member, is enriched in the focal adhesions in bovine pulmonary artery endothelial (BPAE) ..
- Interaction of the tau2 transcriptional activation domain of glucocorticoid receptor with a novel steroid receptor coactivator, Hic-5, which localizes to both focal adhesions and the nuclear matrixL Yang
Department of Pathology and Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, California 90089, USA
Mol Biol Cell 11:2007-18. 2000b>Hic-5 (hydrogen peroxide-inducible clone-5) is a focal adhesion protein that is involved in cellular senescence...
- Hepatic iron overload in children with sickle cell anemia on chronic transfusion therapyKathy Brown
Department of Pediatric, Division of Pediatric Gastroenterology, Blair E Batson Hospital for Children, University of Mississippi Medical Center, Jackson, MS 39216, USA
J Pediatr Hematol Oncol 31:309-12. 2009..No firm consensus has been reached with regard to correlation between hepatic iron content (HIC) and variables including age, number of transfusions, and serum iron makers...
- Changes in solvent exposure reveal the kinetics and equilibria of adsorbed protein unfolding in hydrophobic interaction chromatographyR W Deitcher
Department of Chemical Engineering, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA 22904 4741, USA
J Chromatogr A 1217:5571-83. 2010..Here, we propose a physically based model of simultaneous protein adsorption, unfolding and hydrogen exchange in HIC. An accompanying experimental protocol, utilizing mass spectrometry to quantify deuterium labeling, enables the ..
- Erythrocyte membrane ion transport in offspring of hypertensive parents: effect of acute hyperinsulinemia and relation to insulin actionGabriela Suchankova
Institute for Clinical and Experimental Medicine, and Institute of Physiology, Czech Academy of Sciences, Prague, Czech Republic
Ann N Y Acad Sci 967:352-62. 2002..passive membrane permeability) were measured before and after a hyperinsulinemic (75 microU/mL) euglycemic clamp (HIC) and compared to those found under isoinsulinemic isovolumic conditions in OHP and C...
- Concussion in professional football: comparison with boxing head impacts--part 10David C Viano
Mild Traumatic Brain Injury Committee, National Football League, New York, New York, USA
Neurosurgery 57:1154-72; discussion 1154-72. 2005..Olympic boxers threw four different punches at an instrumented Hybrid III dummy and responses were compared with laboratory-reconstructed NFL concussions...
- Anticancer drugs are synergistic with freezing in induction of apoptosis in HCC cellsFangJun Yuan
Institute of Liver Surgery, DongFeng Hospital, Yunyang Medical College, 10 Daling Road, Shiyan, Hubei 442008, China
Cryobiology 57:60-5. 2008..cells (Bel-7402/R), as well as two control cell lines, the HCC cell line SMMC-7721 and a colorectal tumor cell line HIC-251...
- Interaction of the porcine reproductive and respiratory syndrome virus nucleocapsid protein with the inhibitor of MyoD family-a domain-containing proteinCheng Song
Department of Pathobiology, University of Guelph, Guelph, Ontario N1G 2W1, Canada
Biol Chem 390:215-23. 2009..We identified by yeast two-hybrid screening the inhibitor of MyoD family-a (I-mfa) domain-containing protein (HIC) as a cellular partner for PRRS virus (PRRSV) N protein...
- Monoliths from poly(ethylene glycol) diacrylate and dimethacrylate for capillary hydrophobic interaction chromatography of proteinsYuanyuan Li
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, Brigham Young University, Provo, UT 84602, USA
J Chromatogr A 1217:4934-45. 2010..chromatographic performance with respect to peak capacity and resolution in hydrophobic interaction chromatography (HIC)...
- Recruitment of SMRT/N-CoR-mSin3A-HDAC-repressing complexes is not a general mechanism for BTB/POZ transcriptional repressors: the case of HIC-1 and gammaFBP-BS Deltour
Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique Unité Mixte de Recherche 8526, Institut de Biologie de Lille, Institut Pasteur de Lille, 1 rue Calmette, 59017 Lille Cedex, France
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 96:14831-6. 1999Hypermethylated in cancer (HIC-1), a new candidate tumor suppressor gene located in 17p13...
- The effects of arginine on protein binding and elution in hydrophobic interaction and ion-exchange chromatographyTsutomu Arakawa
Alliance Protein Laboratories, Thousand Oaks, CA 91360, USA
Protein Expr Purif 54:110-6. 2007..we have examined the effects of arginine on binding and elution of the proteins during hydrophobic interaction (HIC) and ion- exchange chromatographies (IEC) using recombinant monoclonal antibodies (mAbs) and human interleukin-6...
- Global/local head models to analyse cerebral blood vessel rupture leading to ASDH and SAHMohamad Zoghi-Moghadam
Department of Mechanical Engineering, The City College of the City University of New York, New York, NY 10031, USA
Comput Methods Biomech Biomed Engin 12:1-12. 2009..The global models were subjected to two sets of impact loads (head injury criterion, HIC = 740 and 1044). The relative displacements between the brain and skull were determined from GSM...
- Complex formation between PSA isoenzymes and protease inhibitorsJ Leinonen
Department of Clinical Chemistry, Helsinki University Central Hospital, Finland
J Urol 155:1099-103. 1996..We have studied complex formation between the isoenzymes of prostate specific antigen (PSA) and protease inhibitors in vitro...
- Organotin contamination in the Atlantic Ocean off the Iberian Peninsula in relation to shippingJ L Gomez-Ariza
Department of Chemistry and Material Science, Faculty of Experimental Sciences, University of Huelva, Campus de El Carmen, 21007 Huelva, Spain
Chemosphere 64:1100-8. 2006..The study was part of a European project (acronym HIC-TBT) co-financed by the EU-LIFE programme, intending to investigate and communicate the impact of organotins from ..
- Nootropic activity of tuber extract of Pueraria tuberosa (Roxb)N Venkata Rao
Department of Pharmacology, V L College of Pharmacy, Raichur 584 103, India
Indian J Exp Biol 46:591-8. 2008..CIH), lithium-induced (5-HT mediated) head twitches (LIH) and haloperidol-induced (DA- mediated) catalepsy (HIC) models. Piracetam was used as the standard drug...
- [Hospital stay after cerebral hemorrhage]J M Lainez
Servicio de Neurologia, Hospital General Universitario de Valencia, Universidad de Valencia, Espana
Rev Neurol 25:1121-5. 1997..DEVELOPMENT AND CONCLUSIONS: We therefore review the aetiology, physiopathological course and complications of HIC in order to better understand the circumstances which affect the average hospital stay and identify the factors ..
- Molecular basis of androgenetic alopecia: From androgen to paracrine mediators through dermal papillaShigeki Inui
Department of Regenerative Dermatology, Osaka University School of Medicine, 2 2, G2, Yamadaoka, Suita Shi, Osaka 565 0871, Japan
J Dermatol Sci 61:1-6. 2011..Additionally, AR coactivator Hic-5/ARA55 is highly expressed in dermal papilla cells of hair follicles from androgen-sensitive sites such as AGA and ..
- The focal adhesion protein Hic-5 is highly expressed in the rat myometrium during late pregnancy and labour and co-localizes with FAKJenn M Croke
Division of Basic Medical Sciences, Health Sciences Centre, Faculty of Medicine, Memorial University of Newfoundland, St John s, NL, Canada
Reprod Biol Endocrinol 5:22. 2007..The focal adhesion protein hydrogen peroxide-inducible clone-5 (Hic-5) has recently been found in mononuclear smooth muscle but was not examined in the myometrium during pregnancy...
- [A 3-year study of ultrasound examination of the central nervous system in high risk neonates at the hospital in Senta]G Vekonj-Fajka
Sluzba za zdravstvenu zastitu dece, Zdravstveni centar Dr Gere Istvan, Senta
Med Pregl 52:259-61. 1999....
- Survival after liver transplantation in patients with hepatic iron overload: the national hemochromatosis transplant registryKris V Kowdley
University of Washington, Seattle, 98195, USA
Gastroenterology 129:494-503. 2005..We examined the effect of HFE mutations on posttransplantation survival in patients with hepatic iron overload...
- Hydrophobic interaction chromatography of proteins. I. The effects of protein and adsorbent properties on retention and recoveryBrian C S To
Merck Research Laboratories, Sumneytown Pike, West Point, PA 19486, USA
J Chromatogr A 1141:191-205. 2007..and adsorbent properties to retention and recovery were examined for hydrophobic interaction chromatography (HIC) using eight commercially available phenyl media and five model proteins (ribonuclease A, lysozyme, alpha-..
- Impact of Triton X-100 on alpha 2-antiplasmin (SERPINF2) activity in solvent/detergent-treated plasmaThierry Burnouf
Research Department, Human Plasma Product Services, 18 rue Saint Jacques, 59800 Lille, France
Biologicals 35:349-53. 2007..5% (v/v) soybean oil, centrifuged at 3800 x g for 30 min, and subjected to hydrophobic interaction chromatography (HIC) to remove the SD agents...
- Comparative study of intracytoplasmic sperm injection and in vitro fertilization with high insemination concentration in sibling oocytes in the treatment of unexplained infertilityCharoenchai Chiamchanya
Department of Obstetric and Gynecology, Faculty of Medicine, Thammasat University, Pathumthani, Thailand
J Med Assoc Thai 91:1155-60. 2008..couples may have fertilization failure; the in vitro fertilization (IVF) with high insemination concentration (HIC) and intracytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI) were reported to give better fertilization rate when compared to ..
- [Effect of iron overload on experimental immunological liver injury in rats and the role of angiotensin]Jiaju Zhuang
Physiological department of Bethune Military Medical College, Shijiazhuang 050081, China
Wei Sheng Yan Jiu 39:101-4. 2010..To investigate the effect of iron overload on experimental immunological liver injury in rats and the roles of losartan (LOS), which is the selective antagonist of angiotensin II receptor subtype AT1...
- High resolution of multiple forms of rabbit reticulocyte hexokinase type I by hydrophobic interaction chromatographyV Stocchi
Istituto di Chimica Biologica, Giorgio Fornaini, , Italy
J Chromatogr A 676:51-63. 1994Hydrophobic interaction chromatography (HIC) has been employed extensively in the separation of proteins by elution using a descending salt gradient, with and without the use of detergents or denaturing agents...
- Improving collaboration between private psychiatrists, the public mental health sector and general practitioners: evaluation of the Partnership ProjectJane Pirkis
Program Evaluation Unit, School of Population Health, University of Melbourne, Victoria 3010, Australia
Aust N Z J Psychiatry 38:125-34. 2004..The evaluation aimed to describe the impacts and outcomes of these elements...
- Hydrophobic interaction chromatography: harnessing multivalent protein-surface interactions for purification proceduresHerbert P Jennissen
Department of Physiological Chemistry, University of Duisberg Essen, Germany
Methods Mol Biol 305:81-99. 2005Hydrophobic interaction chromatography (HIC) is one of the basic purification procedures in the biosciences...
- Effect of different photo-activation methods on push out force, hardness and cross-link density of resin composite restorationsWilliam Cunha Brandt
Department of Restorative Dentistry, Dental Materials Division, Piracicaba Dental School, State University of Campinas, UNICAMP, Av Limeira 901, 13414 903, Piracicaba SP, Brazil
Dent Mater 24:846-50. 2008..To evaluate push out force, hardness and cross-link density (CLD) of composite restorations photo-activated by different methods...
- Extension of the selection of protein chromatography and the rate model to affinity chromatographyG Sandoval
Centre for Biochemical Engineering and Biotechnology, Institute for Cell Dynamics and Biotechnology, University of Chile, Beauchef 850, Santiago, Chile
J Mol Recognit 23:609-17. 2010..The extension of the theory developed previously for ion-exchange and HIC chromatography to affinity separations is analyzed in this paper...
- [Preparation and immunogenicity of a Pichia pastoris-derived hepatitis B vaccine containing preS1, preS2 and S epitopes]Chang Yao Tan
Laboratory of Biotechnology, Chengdu Institute of Biological Products, Chengdu 610023, China
Sheng Wu Gong Cheng Xue Bao 23:700-3. 2007..SSIS2 antigen was extracted and purified by silica adsorption, HIC and SEC to 99% purity from the harvested cells...
- Aberrant methylation of multiple tumor suppressor genes in aging liver, chronic hepatitis, and hepatocellular carcinomaNaoshi Nishida
Division of Gastroenterology, Department of Internal Medicine and Charles A Sammons Cancer Center, Dallas, TX, USA
Hepatology 47:908-18. 2008..Normal liver tissues showed methylation primarily in group 1 loci (HIC-1, CASP8, GSTP1, SOCS1, RASSF1A, p16, APC), which was significantly higher than group 2 (CDH1, RUNX3, RIZ1, SFRP2, ..
- [Problems in model-beds for tuberculosis patients]Kunihiko Ito
Research Institute of Tuberculosis, Japan Anti Tuberculosis Association, Tokoyo, Japan
Kekkaku 84:9-14. 2009..To investigate the possibility and obstacles to care tuberculosis patients in general hospitals...
- Hydrophobic nature of rat lymph chylomicronsTayfun Güldür
Department of Biochemistry, Faculty of Medicine, Inonu University, Malatya 44069, Turkey
Clin Chim Acta 342:161-9. 2004..Some of the hydrophobic characteristics of rat lymph chylomicrons were investigated...
- [A case of mixed (parenchymatous meningo-basal) neurocysticercosis]S Manzano Blanco
, , Madrid,
Rev Neurol 25:1585-8. 1997..The commonest presenting symptoms are intracranial hypertension (HIC) in the extra-parenchymatous forms and convulsions in the parenchymatous forms...
- Hepatic iron overload in patients with chronic viral hepatitis: role of HFE gene mutationsA Piperno
Istituto di Scienze Biomediche, Universita di Milano, Divisione di Medicina I, Ospedale S Gerardo, Monza, Italy
Hepatology 28:1105-9. 1998..Hepatic iron was evaluated by semiquantitative analysis in all the patients, and hepatic iron concentration (HIC) was determined in 97 of them (26 women, 71 men)...
- Cryoprotective activities of group 3 late embryogenesis abundant proteins from Chlorella vulgaris C-27K I Honjoh
Department of Bioscience and Biotechnology, Graduate School, Kyushu University, Fukuoka, Japan
Biosci Biotechnol Biochem 64:1656-63. 2000The nucleotide sequence of hiC12, isolated as a cDNA clone of hardening-induced Chlorella (hiC) genes, was identified...
- Fractional precipitation of plasmid DNA from lysate by CTABRussel J Lander
Merck and Co, Inc, Merck Research Laboratories, West Point, Pennsylvania 19486, USA
Biotechnol Bioeng 79:776-84. 2002..Chromatographic methods such as hydrophobic interaction chromatography (HIC), reversed phase chromatography (RPC), and size exclusion chromatography (SEC) are the only effective means of ..
- Comparative performance of playground surfacing materials including conditions of extreme non-complianceA H Gunatilaka
Accident Research Centre, Monash University, Melbourne, Australia
Inj Prev 10:174-9. 2004....
- Steatosis is a cofactor in liver injury in hemochromatosisElizabeth E Powell
School of Medicine, The University of Queensland, Brisbane, Australia
Gastroenterology 129:1937-43. 2005....
- Evaluation of the pH- and thermal stability of the recombinant green fluorescent protein (GFP) in the presence of sodium chlorideMarina Ishii
Department of Biochemical and Pharmaceutical Technology, School of Pharmaceutical Science, University of Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
Appl Biochem Biotechnol 137:555-71. 2007..cells by the three-phase partitioning method and purified through a butyl hydrophobic interaction chromatography (HIC) column, was diluted in water for injection (WFI) (pH 6.0-7.0) and in 10 mM buffer solutions (acetate, pH 5...
- Dynamic control of protein conformation transition in chromatographic separation based on hydrophobic interactions: molecular dynamics simulationLin Zhang
Department of Chemical Engineering, Tsinghua University, Beijing, China
J Chromatogr A 1216:2483-90. 2009..of a protein in hydrophobic interaction based chromatography, including hydrophobic interaction chromatography (HIC) and reversed-phase liquid chromatography (RPLC), and their impact on the separation process and performance were ..
- Out on a limb: risk factors for arm fracture in playground equipment fallsS Sherker
NSW Injury Risk Management Research Centre, University of New South Wales, Sydney, NSW 2052, Australia
Inj Prev 11:120-4. 2005..To investigate and quantify fall height, surface depth, and surface impact attenuation as risk factors for arm fracture in children who fall from playground equipment...
- [Tumors showing perivascular epithelioid cell differentiation: a clinicopathologic study of 39 cases]Dong lan Luo
Department of Pathology and Medical Laboratory, Guangdong Provincial People s Hospital, Guangzhou 510080, China
Zhonghua Yi Xue Za Zhi 87:2909-13. 2007..To investigate the clinicopathologic features of tumors showing perivascular epithelioid cell differentiation (PEComas)...
- Separation and determination of denatured alpha(s1)-, alpha(s2)-, beta- and kappa-caseins by hydrophobic interaction chromatography in cows', ewes' and goats' milk, milk mixtures and cheesesEmilia Bramanti
Italian National Research Council, CNR, Istituto per i Processi Chimico Fisici, Laboratory of Instrumental Analytical Chemistry, Via G Moruzzi 1, 56124 Pisa, Italy
J Chromatogr A 994:59-74. 2003..from raw cows', ewes' and goats' milk were separated and determined by hydrophobic interaction chromatography (HIC) by using a Propyl column (Eichrom) in the presence of 8.0 M urea in the mobile phase...
- Investigation of protein retention and selectivity in HIC systems using quantitative structure retention relationship modelsAsif Ladiwala
Department of Chemical and Biological Engineering, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Troy, New York 12180, USA
Biotechnol Bioeng 93:836-50. 2006..and protein physicochemical properties on protein binding affinity in hydrophobic interaction chromatography (HIC) was investigated using linear gradient chromatography and quantitative structure-retention relationship (QSRR) ..
- Hydrophobic interaction chromatography of proteins. II. Solution thermodynamic properties as a determinant of retentionBrian C S To
Merck Research Laboratories, Sumneytown Pike, West Point, PA 19486, USA
J Chromatogr A 1141:235-43. 2007..relation was derived to correlate protein solubility to retention in hydrophobic interaction chromatography (HIC)...
- The destinies of the low- and middle-income country submissionsJ Konradsen
Blackwell Munksgaard, 1 Rosenørns Allé, 1970 Frederiksberg C, Denmark
Acta Psychiatr Scand 115:331-4. 2007..Scandinavica from low- and middle-income countries (LIC/MIC) compared with submissions from high income countries (HIC), to compare the way through the peer review process for the three groups respectively, as well as how they do as ..
- Toward chromatographic analysis of interacting protein networksXiuping Liu
Department of Chemistry, Purdue University, West Lafayette IN 47907, USA
J Chromatogr A 1178:24-32. 2008..Anion-exchange chromatography (AEC) and hydrophobic-interaction chromatography (HIC) were also examined because of the broad utility that these methods have shown in the preparation of proteins with ..
- Cell cycle switch to endocycle: the nucleolus lends a handDavid M J Martindill
Molecular Medicine Unit, UCL Institute of Child Health, London, United Kingdom
Cell Cycle 7:17-23. 2008..In this brief discussion we examine the wider implications of these findings and address some of the unanswered questions that remain...
- Interferon-gamma and interleukin-4 single nucleotide gene polymorphisms in ParacoccidioidomycosisA Bozzi
Departamento de Bioquímica e Imunologia do Instituto de Ciências Biológicas, UFMG, Caixa Postal 486, CEP 31 270 901, Belo Horizonte, MG, Brazil
Cytokine 48:212-7. 2009..IFN-gamma showed an increase occurrence of A/T genotype in both PCM patients and healthy individuals as control (HIC) (56% and 45%, respectively), while the allelic distribution showed 82% of A allele in the patients and 80% in the ..
- Parallel changes in gene expression in peripheral blood mononuclear cells and the brain after maternal separation in the mouseJohan H van Heerden
Department of Molecular and Cell Biology, University of Cape Town, Rondebosch, 7701, South Africa
BMC Res Notes 2:195. 2009..cells (PBMCs) are paralleled by specific gene expression changes in prefrontal cortex (PFC), hippocampus (Hic) and hypothalamus (Hyp)...
- Measuring head kinematics in football: correlation between the head impact telemetry system and Hybrid III headformJonathan G Beckwith
Simbex, 10 Water Street, Suite 410, Lebanon, NH 03766, USA
Ann Biomed Eng 40:237-48. 2012..peak linear acceleration, peak rotational acceleration, Gadd Severity Index (GSI), and Head Injury Criterion (HIC(15)) obtained from the instrumented helmet and HIII...
- Mutational landscape of gastric adenocarcinoma in Chinese: implications for prognosis and therapyKexin Chen
Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 112:1107-12. 2015..The data showed two distinct GC subtypes with either high-clonality (HiC) or low-clonality (LoC)...
- Oxygen uptake, respiratory exchange ratio, or total distance: a comparison of methods to equalize exercise volume in Wistar ratsL S Paes
Laboratório de Atividade Física e Promoção da Saúde, Instituto de Educação Física e Desportos, Universidade do Estado do Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro, RJ, Brasil
Braz J Med Biol Res 49:. 2016..exercise at speed corresponding to 50% V̇O2R (MIC; n=11); high-intensity continuous exercise at 80% V̇O2R (HIC; n=11); and high-intensity intermittent exercise (HII; n=11) at 60% V̇O2R (3 min) and 80% V̇O2R (4 min)...
- Isolation of a novel ras-recision gene that is induced by hydrogen peroxide from a mouse osteoblastic cell line, MC3T3-E1K Egawa
Department of Microbiology, Showa University, School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Tokyo, Japan
FEBS Lett 372:74-7. 1995..cDNA clones from MC3T3 cells by differential screening of cDNA libraries, and one of such genes, named HIC-53, was isolated...
- A procedure for human pregnancy zone protein (and human alpha 2-macroglobulin) purification using hydrophobic interaction chromatography on phenyl-sepharose CL-4B columnG Chiabrando
Departamento de Bioquimica Clinica, Facultad de Ciencias Quimicas, Universidad Nacional de Cordoba, Argentina
Protein Expr Purif 9:399-406. 1997..pregnancy zone protein (PZP) from pooled late pregnancy plasma by using hydrophobic interaction chromatography (HIC) on a phenyl-Sepharose column...
- Active recombinant rat dipeptidyl aminopeptidase I (cathepsin C) produced using the baculovirus expression systemC Lauritzen
UNIZYME Laboratories, Dr Neergaards vej 17, Horsholm, DK 2970, Denmark
Protein Expr Purif 14:434-42. 1998..which it was purified by a combination of ammonium sulfate fractionation, hydrophobic interaction chromatography (HIC), and ion-exchange chromatography...
- Hepatic iron concentration does not influence response to therapy with interferon plus ribavirin in chronic HCV infectionStephen Pianko
Scripps Clinic and Research Foundation, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
J Interferon Cytokine Res 22:483-9. 2002In patients with chronic hepatitis C, prior studies have suggested that increased hepatic iron concentration (HIC) is predictive of a poor response to interferon (IFN) monotherapy...
- Expression of vascular endothelial growth factor, placental growth factor, and their receptors Flt-1 and KDR in human placenta under pathologic conditionsKaori Kumazaki
Department of Molecular Medicine, Osaka Medical Center and Research Institute for Maternal and Child Health, Osaka, Japan
Hum Pathol 33:1069-77. 2002..In the villi with characteristic hypoxic/ischemic changes (HIC), including increased syncytial knots, infarction, or hypercapillarization, intense immunostaining for VEGF was ..
- DNA cytosine methylation profile in various cancer-related genes is altered in cultured rat hepatocyte cell lines as compared with primary hepatocytesKiyoshi Asada
Third Department of Internal Medicine, Nara Medical University, Kashihara, Nara 634 8521, Japan
Oncol Rep 15:1241-8. 2006..DNA cytosine methylation status in the promoter CpG islands of eight cancer-related genes (p16, Socs-1, Rassf1A, Hic-1, Dlc-1, Timp-1, Timp-2, and Timp-3) in five rat hepatocyte cell lines, including normal cell lines (Clone 9 and ..
- Hic-5/ARA55, a LIM domain-containing nuclear receptor coactivator expressed in prostate stromal cellsMarjet D Heitzer
Department of Cell Biology and Physiology and Pharmacology, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15261, USA
Cancer Res 66:7326-33. 2006..Because interaction of AR with the coactivator, Hic-5/ARA55, results in enhanced androgen-induced transcription, we analyzed Hic-5/ARA55 expression in prostate tissue ..
- Hic-5/ARA55: a prostate stroma-specific AR coactivatorMarjet D Heitzer
Department of Pharmacology, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, 200 Lothrop St, Pittsburgh, PA 15261, United States
Steroids 72:218-20. 2007..Recently, a stromal-specific androgen receptor (AR) coactivator, Hic-5/ARA55, has been identified that may play a role in regulating expression of the growth factor and/or cytokine ..
- Cytomegalovirus destruction of focal adhesions revealed in a high-throughput Western blot analysis of cellular protein expressionR J Stanton
Department of Medical Microbiology, Tenovus Building, Heath Park, Cardiff CF14 4XX, United Kingdom
J Virol 81:7860-72. 2007..HCMV suppressed expression of the focal-adhesion-associated proteins Hic-5, paxillin, and alpha-actinin...
- Investigation of salt properties with electro-acoustic measurements and their effect on dynamic binding capacity in hydrophobic interaction chromatographyEgbert Müller
Tosoh Bioscience GmbH, Zettachring 6, Stuttgart, Germany
J Chromatogr A 1177:215-25. 2008The pH dependence in hydrophobic interaction chromatography (HIC) is usually discussed exclusively in terms of protein dependence and there are no clear defined trends...
- Hydrophobic interaction chromatography of proteins V. Quantitative assessment of conformational changesRene Ueberbacher
Department of Biotechnology, University of Natural Resources and Applied Life Sciences Vienna, Vienna, Austria
J Chromatogr A 1198:154-63. 2008Protein adsorption during hydrophobic interaction chromatography (HIC) may induce conformational changes...
- Effect of wheelchair headrest use on pediatric head and neck injury risk outcomes during rear impactSusan I Fuhrman
Department of Rehabilitation Science and Technology, University of Pittsburgh, 2310 Jane Street, Pittsburgh, PA 15203, USA
Accid Anal Prev 40:1595-603. 2008..Head and neck injury outcomes measures included: linear head acceleration, head injury criteria (HIC) values, neck injury criteria (N(ij)) values, and combined rotational head velocity and acceleration...
- Multipurpose peptide tags for protein isolationKristian Becker
Department of Pure and Applied Biochemistry, Center for Chemistry and Chemical Engineering, Lund University, P O Box 124, SE 221 00 Lund, Sweden
J Chromatogr A 1202:40-6. 2008..system partition, immobilized metal-ion affinity chromatography (IMAC), and hydrophobic interaction chromatography (HIC). Tagged GFP was retained significantly longer (>1 column volume) in both HIC and IEC...
- Probing protein surface accessibility of amino acid substitutions using hydrophobic interaction chromatographyKristian Becker
Department of Pure and Applied Biochemistry, Center for Chemistry and Chemical Engineering, Lund University, P O Box 124, SE 211 00 Lund, Sweden
J Chromatogr A 1215:152-5. 2008Hydrophobic interaction chromatography (HIC) has been used to determine the influence of amino acid substitutions on protein retention and thereby their accessibility on the protein surface...
- Protein instability during HIC: evidence of unfolding reversibility, and apparent adsorption strength of disulfide bond-reduced alpha-lactalbumin variantsR W Deitcher
Department of Chemical Engineering, University of Virginia, 102 Engineers Way, Charlottesville, Virginia 22904 4741, USA
Biotechnol Bioeng 102:1416-27. 2009..has been proposed to describe protein adsorption and unfolding behavior on hydrophobic interaction chromatography (HIC) resins...
- Grape and wine proteins: their fractionation by hydrophobic interaction chromatography and identification by chromatographic and proteomic analysisMatteo Marangon
Dipartimento di Biotecnologie agrarie and Centro Interdipartimentale per la Ricerca in Viticoltura ed Enologia, Università di Padova, via dell Università 16, I 35020 Legnaro, PD, Italy
J Agric Food Chem 57:4415-25. 2009A method to fractionate grape and wine proteins by hydrophobic interaction chromatography (HIC) was developed...
- Interaction of gum arabic with fatty acid studied using electron paramagnetic resonanceYapeng Fang
Glyn O Phillips Hydrocolloid Research Center, Glyndwr University, Plas Coch, Mold Road, Wrexham LL11 2AW, United Kingdom
Biomacromolecules 11:1398-405. 2010..out at different pHs and using two fractions of gum arabic separated by hydrophobic interaction chromatography (HIC)...
- Optimization of a reversible hood for protecting a pedestrian's head during car collisionsSunan Huang
Department of Applied Mechanics, Chalmers University of Technology, Horsalsvagen, Goteborg, Sweden
Accid Anal Prev 42:1136-43. 2010..When the optimized RH was lifted, the HIC values of the headform model and the human head model were further reduced to much lower than 1000...
- Purification of cell culture-derived modified vaccinia ankara virus by pseudo-affinity membrane adsorbers and hydrophobic interaction chromatographyMichael W Wolff
Max Planck Institute for Dynamics of Complex Technical Systems, Sandtorstrasse 1, Magdeburg, Germany
Biotechnol Bioeng 107:312-20. 2010..downstream process of pseudo-affinity membrane adsorbers (MA) and hydrophobic interaction chromatography (HIC) was investigated...
- Effect of lower limb muscle fatigue on anticipatory postural adjustments associated with bilateral-forward reach in the unipedal dominant and non-dominant stanceM Mezaour
Laboratory CIAMS Complexité, Innovation, Activités Motrices et Sportives, Team RIME Risque, Intervention, Mouvement, Equilibre, UFR STAPS, University of Paris Sud, 91440, Orsay Cedex, France
Eur J Appl Physiol 110:1187-97. 2010..organizes APA under fatigued state of postural musculature elicited by series of high-level isometric contractions (HIC), i.e. corresponding to 60% of maximal voluntary contraction...
- A numerical investigation into the effect of CRS misuse on the injury potential of children in frontal and side impact crashesTanya Kapoor
Department of Mechanical, Automotive and Materials Engineering, University of Windsor, 410 Sunset Avenue, Windsor, Ontario N9B 3P4, Canada
Accid Anal Prev 43:1438-50. 2011..An increase in HIC(15) by approximately 30-40% for the frontal impact and 10-20% for the near-side impact respectively was observed ..
- Remodeling the oligosaccharides on β-glucocerebrosidase using hydrophobic interaction chromatography and applications of hydroxyl ethyl starch for improving remodeling and enhancing protein stabilityFrank Riske
Purification Development, Genzyme Corporation, Framingham, Massachusetts 01701, USA
Biotechnol Bioeng 109:1217-27. 2012In this article, we describe a hydrophobic interaction chromatography (HIC) method to remodel the carbohydrates on recombinant human β-glucocerebrosidase (GCR) and the use of hydroxyl ethyl starch (HES) an ethylated starch polymer, to ..
- Alkylammonium Formate Mobile Phase Modifiers for Protein Liquid ChromatographyNEIL DANIELSON; Fiscal Year: 2009..Both reversed phase LC and hydrophobic interaction chromatography (HIC) of proteins will be characterized using MAF and EAF as mobile phase modifiers and improved resolution particularly ..
- Christopher E Turner; Fiscal Year: 2016..b>Hic-5, a close relative of paxillin is upregulated during epithelial-mesenchymal transition to promote cell migration ..
- Massive Iron Deposit Assessment (MIDAS)Claudia M Hillenbrand; Fiscal Year: 2013..via its effect on tissue relaxation properties, have been used to noninvasively measure hepatic iron concentration (HIC)...
- Function of Hsp27 and its Binding Proteins in the Glomerular PodocyteWilliam E Smoyer; Fiscal Year: 2010..structure by screening a glomerular yeast two-hybrid library, and identified two novel hsp27 binding proteins: 1) Hic-5, a known focal adhesion protein and paxillin homologue, and 2) Arpda, a known member of the Arp2/3 actin ..
- Victor G Corces; Fiscal Year: 2016..We have also used 5C/HiC technology to gather data that give us a glimpse into the complexity of the intra-chromosomal interactions mediated ..
- Kathy K Griendling; Fiscal Year: 2015..we will determine the molecular mechanisms underlying Nox4/Poldip2-mediated regulation of the paxillin homologue Hic-5 and microtubules and their role in focal adhesion turnover and differentiation marker gene expression...
- Development of Headwear To Prevent Fall-Related Injuries in Elderly PersonsJames Ferguson; Fiscal Year: 2009..analyzed with LifeModTM software to measure peak resultant head deceleration and standardized Head Injury Criteria (HIC) values for unprotected vs. protected conditions of the three prototypes...
- Christopher E Turner; Fiscal Year: 2016..recently identified distinct functions for the closely related adhesion-associated scaffold proteins paxillin and Hic-5 in the regulation of tumor cell plasticity, invasion and metastasis...
- Adriana B Conforto; Fiscal Year: 2015..in Brazil, the middle-income country (MIC) institution, will collaborate with researchers from high-income country (HIC) institutions: Dr...
- PETER H MUNDEL; Fiscal Year: 2015..Here we propose to test our central hypothesis that the induction of hic-5 expression in podocytes contributes to the pathogenesis of proteinuria by increasing the adhesiveness of podocyte ..
- Astrid Weins; Fiscal Year: 2016..To this end, the candidate aims to: 1) Study the role of hic-5 in promoting a senescent phenotype in podocytes in response to sustained diabetic stress through activation of an ..
- Jeffrey Drope; Fiscal Year: 2016..Accordingly, there will be close coordination among the HIC and African co-investigators, not only for research collaboration, but also to train a select cohort of advanced ..
- Roles for HIC1 in neural development and tumor suppressionDAVID NEIL WATKINS; Fiscal Year: 2010..that HIC1 is a transcriptional represser required for neural differentiation, and (2) epigenetic silencing of the HIC-1 plays a critical role in the development of medulloblastoma...
- Walter Videtta; Fiscal Year: 2016..in LMICs a new, systematic and innovative technology and process to accomplish consensus that was derived in an HIC. Finally, we will train personnel in centers new to research in how to conduct high-quality scientific studies, and ..
- Hypoxia-induced Endothelial Barrier DysfunctionUsamah Kayyali; Fiscal Year: 2009..through the p38 MAP kinase pathway involving MK2 and HSP27 activation that leads to actin cytoskeleton and hic-5 redistribution...
- Room Temp Susceptometry For Hepatic Iron MeasurementKris Kowdley; Fiscal Year: 2006..At present, biochemical measurement of hepatic iron concentration (HIC) is considered the most sensitive method for clinical assessment of iron overload...
- MATRIX REGULATION OF CELL FUNCTION DURING WOUND HEALINGLivingston Van De Water; Fiscal Year: 2010..TGF- ~ is a central component of this mechanism and we recently determined that a focal adhesion protein, termed Hic-5, is induced by TGF-~ in normal human dermal fibroblasts;Hic-5 is also persistently expressed in hypertrophic scar ..
- Ting Wang; Fiscal Year: 2016..DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Next-generation sequencing technologies and their applications (e.g., ChIP-seq, HiC) are generating an astonishing amount of genomic, epigenomic and transcriptomic data, serving the scientific ..
- Matrix & Lysolipids Regulate Endothelial Cell MigrationTRACEE PANETTI; Fiscal Year: 2006..We demonstrated that recruitment of Hic-5 is a critical difference between migrating BPAE cells attached to gelatin and non-migrating BPAE cells attached ..
- INTRACELLULAR MECHANISMS OF GLUCOCORTICOID ACTIONDonald Defranco; Fiscal Year: 2005..Furthermore, HIC-5 does not appear to be restricted to focal adhesions, as a fraction has been localized to the nuclear matrix...
- Regulation of Podocyte Structure by the Binding ProteinWilliam Smoyer; Fiscal Year: 2006..of this protection, we screened a glomerular yeast two-hybrid library for hsp27-binding proteins, and found hic-5, a known focal adhesion and steroid receptor co-activator protein...
- Regulation of HIV transcription by Tat and P-TEPbTSAFI PE ERY; Fiscal Year: 2004..in HIV-1 latency and reactivation, and to investigate the regulation of these proteins by the cellular factors HIC and granulin...
- Proteomic /Genetic Approaches to Monoamine TransportersGonzalo Torres; Fiscal Year: 2007..Aim II: To elucidate the physiological role of PICK1 and Hic-5 in the regulation of DAT function using genetic approaches...
- Effect of HIV Tat on endothelial cell functionLance Terada; Fiscal Year: 2007..A secondary screen for TRAF4-interacting proteins yielded the Proline-rich Tyrosine Kinase-2 (Pyk2)scaffold Hic-5...
- MOLECULAR MECHANISMS CONTROLLING PROGRAMMED CELL DEATHLawrence Schwartz; Fiscal Year: 2003..Ectopic expression of DALP, or its mammalian paralog Hic-5, blocks differentiation and induces apoptosis in mouse C2Ct2 myoblasts...
- The Environment and Epigenetic Gene Silencing in CancerStephen Baylin; Fiscal Year: 2009..For all tested environmental events, incidence and rates of tumor development in Hic 1 vs...
- OPIOID MECHANISMS IN NITROUS OXIDE DEPENDENCELINDA VAUGHN; Fiscal Year: 1991..N2O dependence is generally measured in mice by the appearance of handling induced convulsions (HIC) after exposure to and removal from N2O...
- Assay Development for HT Molecular Screening for Inhibitors of Integrin SignalingMark Ginsberg; Fiscal Year: 2007..mode by modifying the a4 integrin ligand for in vivo biotinylation and purifying paxillin's two paralogues, HIC-5 and leupaxin, for comparative studies...
- Oxidant Damage to the Heart: The Role of Hsp27 and Hic-5SHANNON YANCY; Fiscal Year: 2004..doxorubicin, a cancer chemotherapeutic agent, will produce oxidants that will stimulate increased expression of Hic-5/ARA55, which will then bind to Hsp27 preventing its anti-apoptotic effect and cells will die...
- A Proteomic Analysis of the Norepinephrine TransporterUhna Sung; Fiscal Year: 2007..NET interacts with proteins such as syntaxin 1A, protein phosphatase 2A, PICK 1 and Hic-5...
- SOFTWARE AND INSTRUMENTATION TO IDENTIFY CANCER GENESHarold Garner; Fiscal Year: 2002..questions: 1) Can the array design software, Digital Optical Chemistry (DOC) chip manufacturing device, the MAGNA/HIC readout device, and analysis/gene network software be constructed and ruggedized for routine analysis of cancer ..
- SOFTWARE AND INSTRUMENTATION TO IDENTIFY CANCER GENESHarold Garner; Fiscal Year: 1999..questions: 1) Can the array design software, Digital Optical Chemistry (DOC) chip manufacturing device, the MAGNA/HIC readout device, and analysis/gene network software be constructed and ruggedized for routine analysis of cancer ..
- CARE-GIVER BURDEN IN AIDSLorna Lynn; Fiscal Year: 1990..of differences in caregiver burden for different subgroups (for example, caregivers of patients from different HIC risk groups or with different stages of infection)...
- Cardiac Function and Cardiac iron (T2*) in ThalassemiaJohn Wood; Fiscal Year: 2007..These studies will provide the necessary groundwork for longitudinal studies of cardiac iron load on cardiac performance in thalassemia patients. ..
- Treatment and Gene/Protein Analysis of Ethanol RelapseHoward Becker; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- LOW MOLECULAR WEIGHT DISPLACERS FOR PROTEIN PURIFICATIONSteven Cramer; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Tumor-Associated Herpesviruses ConferenceNancy Raab Traub; Fiscal Year: 2006..Recognize and encourage young investigators and 3. Highlight new developments in the field and identify areas for future investigation. ..
- Excessive Alcohol Intake Induced By WithdrawalDeborah Finn; Fiscal Year: 2005..Not only will this information help in furthering our understanding of the interaction between ethanol intake and withdrawal, but it also would aid in the development of new strategies for the treatment of alcoholism. ..
- IBANGS Annual Meeting supportJohn Crabbe; Fiscal Year: 2005..This young society represents an opportunity to attract a core group of young investigators to alcohol research during their formative years. ..
- Energy Absorbing Transit Safe Wheelchair CasterLINDA VANROOSMALEN; Fiscal Year: 2004..Upon successful completion of Phase I, FrogLegs will pursue Phase II STTR funding to further develop the transit safe caster-fork assembly for daily use on a variety of wheelchairs. ..
- AIDS ASSOCIATED LEUKOPLAKIA--ROLE OF EBVNancy Raab Traub; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Functions of Double-stranded RNA Binding ProteinsMichael Mathews; Fiscal Year: 2008..3. Protein complexes formed by NF90 isoforms and the changes brought about by viral infection, interferon treatment, and cell cycle block. 4. The functions of NF90 isoforms during infection with adenovirus and HIV. ..
- Epstein-Barr Virus: Activation of WNTNancy Raab Traub; Fiscal Year: 2008..A detailed understanding of the activation of this pathway may provide new opportunities for treatment of EBV-associated cancers and also of similar cancers considered EBV-negative, that develop in the immunosuppressed. ..
- Integrated LC/MS/MS SystemMichael Mathews; Fiscal Year: 2002..The addition of the integrated ThermoFinnigan LCQ DECA-10000/LC Packings Ultimate LC/MC/MS system will complement our existing MALDI-TOF instrument, permitting the facility to cover most of our mass spectrometry needs. ..
- SIGNALING THROUGH THE CYTOSKELETAL PROTEIN, PAXILLINSheila Thomas; Fiscal Year: 2001....
- REGULATION OF HIV1 GENE EXPRESSION BY TAT AND TARMichael Mathews; Fiscal Year: 2001..In addition, we propose to identify and study factor(s) responsible for potentiating Tat's ability to stimulate HIV-1 directed transcription in a cell-free system. ..