Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: HTR2C
Description: 5-hydroxytryptamine receptor 2C
Alias: 5-HT1C, 5-HT2C, 5-HTR2C, 5HTR2C, HTR1C, 5-hydroxytryptamine receptor 2C, 5-hydroxytryptamine (serotonin) receptor 2C, G protein-coupled, 5-hydroxytryptamine receptor 1C, serotonin 5-HT-1C receptor, serotonin 5-HT-2C receptor
Publications224 found, 100 shown here
- Cloning of the human serotonin 5-HT2 and 5-HT1C receptor subtypesA G Saltzman
Rhone Poulenc Rorer Central Research, King of Prussia, PA 19406
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 181:1469-78. 1991..The availability of the cloned human 5-HT2 and 5-HT1C receptors will help facilitate the further understanding of the molecular pharmacology and physiology of these receptors...
- Identification, expression, and pharmacology of a Cys23-Ser23 substitution in the human 5-HT2c receptor gene (HTR2C)J Lappalainen
Laboratory of Neurogenetics, DICBR, National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism, Rockville, Maryland 20852, USA
Genomics 27:274-9. 1995..Linkage analysis placed the 5-HT2C receptor gene (HTR2C) on Xq24...
- Eating disorder and epilepsy in mice lacking 5-HT2c serotonin receptorsL H Tecott
Department of Pharmacology, University of California, San Francisco 94143 0450, USA
Nature 374:542-6. 1995..Mutant animals are also prone to spontaneous death from seizures, suggesting that 5-HT2C receptors mediate tonic inhibition of neuronal network excitability...
- The human serotonin 5-HT2C receptor: complete cDNA, genomic structure, and alternatively spliced variantE Xie
Department of Pediatrics, Children s Hospital, Ohio State University, Columbus 43205, USA
Genomics 35:551-61. 1996..A 7.3-kb 5'-flanking 5-HT2CR DNA directed the efficient expression of a luciferase reporter gene in SK-N-SH and IMR32 neuro-blastoma cells, indicating that it contains a functional promoter...
- Regulation of serotonin-2C receptor G-protein coupling by RNA editingC M Burns
Department of Pharmacology, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, Tennessee 37232 6600, USA
Nature 387:303-8. 1997....
- Variability of 5-HT2C receptor cys23ser polymorphism among European populations and vulnerability to affective disorderB Lerer
Biological Psychiatry Laboratory, Hadassah Medical Organization, Jerusalem, Israel
Mol Psychiatry 6:579-85. 2001..We examined a structural variant of the serotonin 2C (5-HT2C) receptor gene (HTR2C) that gives rise to a cysteine to serine substitution in the N terminal extracellular domain of the receptor ..
- Molecular, pharmacological and functional diversity of 5-HT receptorsDaniel Hoyer
Nervous System Research, WSJ 386 745, Novartis Pharma AG, CH 4002, Basel, Switzerland daniel1 hoyer pharma novartis com
Pharmacol Biochem Behav 71:533-54. 2002..The reward for unravelling this complex array of serotonin receptor--effector systems may be substantial, the ultimate prize being the development of important new drugs in a range of disease areas...
- Altered editing of serotonin 2C receptor pre-mRNA in the prefrontal cortex of depressed suicide victimsIlona Gurevich
Mount Sinai Graduate School of Biological Sciences, New York, NY 10029, USA
Neuron 34:349-56. 2002..Thus, one outcome of fluoxetine treatment may be to reverse the abnormalities in 5-HT2C pre-mRNA editing seen in depressed suicide victims...
- Allelic variants of the serotonin(2C) receptor and neuroendocrinological responses to the serotonin(2C) receptor agonist m-chlorophenylpiperazine in healthy male volunteersK U Kühn
University of Bonn, Department of Psychiatry, Germany
Pharmacopsychiatry 35:226-30. 2002..Both groups show similar major scores in the Temperament and Character Inventory (TCI)...
- Suicide and serotonin: study of variation at seven serotonin receptor genes in suicide completersG Turecki
Center for Suicide Studies, Douglas Hospital Research Institute, Department of Psychiatry, McGill University, 6875 LaSalle Boulevard, Verdun, Quebec H4H 1R3, Canada
Am J Med Genet B Neuropsychiatr Genet 118:36-40. 2003..at genes that code for serotonin receptor 1B (5-HTR1B), 1Dalpha (5-HTR1Dalpha), 1E (5-HTR1E), 1F (5-HTR1F), 2C (5-HTR2C), 5A (5-HTR5A), and 6 (5-HTR6) in a total sample of 106 suicide completers and 120 normal controls...
- Deliberate self-harm is associated with allelic variation in the tryptophan hydroxylase gene (TPH A779C), but not with polymorphisms in five other serotonergic genesE C Pooley
University Department of Psychiatry and Centre for Suicide Research, Warneford Hospital, University of Oxford
Psychol Med 33:775-83. 2003..In particular, several studies have reported an association with variants in the tryptophan hydroxylase (TPH) gene...
- RNA editing induces variation in desensitization and trafficking of 5-hydroxytryptamine 2c receptor isoformsSébastien Marion
Department of Cell Biology and Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina 27710, USA
J Biol Chem 279:2945-54. 2004..Thus the ultimate physiological output of constitutively active receptors may be determined not only by their agonist-independent activity but also by their interactions with GRKs and betaarrestin...
- Modification of human 5-HT(2C) receptor function by Cys23Ser, an abundant, naturally occurring amino-acid substitutionM Okada
Department of Public Health, Faculty of Medicine, Osaka City University, Osaka, Japan
Mol Psychiatry 9:55-64. 2004....
- Monoamine related functional gene variants and relationships to monoamine metabolite concentrations in CSF of healthy volunteersErik G Jonsson
Department of Clinical Neuroscience, Psychiatry Section, HUBIN project, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
BMC Psychiatry 4:4. 2004..CSF monoamine metabolite concentrations are partly determined by genetic influences...
- Familial migraine with aura: association study with 5-HT1B/1D, 5-HT2C, and hSERT polymorphismsMarco Racchi
Department of Applied and Experimental Pharmacology, University of Pavia, Italy
Headache 44:311-7. 2004..The serotonergic system has a significant role in the pathophysiology and pharmacology of migraine...
- 5HT-2C receptor polymorphism in suicide victims. Association studies in German and Slavic populationsJasminka Stefulj
Laboratory of Neurochemistry and Molecular Neurobiology, Rudjer Boskovic Institute, Bijenicka 54, 10000 Zagreb, Croatia
Eur Arch Psychiatry Clin Neurosci 254:224-7. 2004..Results did not provide supporting evidence for the potential involvement of the investigated variants of 5HT-2C receptor in the susceptibility to suicide...
- Neuroimaging and 5-HT2C receptor polymorphism: a HMPAO-SPECT study in healthy male probands using mCPP-challenge of the 5-HT2C receptorK U Kühn
Department of Psychiatry, University Clinic for Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, University of Bonn, Sigmund Freud Strasse 25, 53105 Bonn, Germany
Pharmacopsychiatry 37:286-91. 2004....
- Characterization of serotonin 5-HT2C receptor signaling to extracellular signal-regulated kinases 1 and 2Tim D Werry
Department of Pharmacology and Howard Florey Institute, University of Melbourne, Parkville, Victoria, Australia
J Neurochem 93:1603-15. 2005..Our findings underscore the potential for exploiting pathway-selective receptor states in the differential modulation of signaling pathways that play prominent roles in normal and abnormal neuronal signaling...
- The role of 5-HT2C receptor polymorphisms in the pharmacogenetics of antipsychotic drug treatmentGavin P Reynolds
Division of Psychiatry and Neuroscience, Queen s University Belfast, Whitla Medical Building, 97 Lisburn Road, Belfast BT9 7BL, UK
Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry 29:1021-8. 2005..Such studies clearly demonstrate the potential of pharmacogenetics in optimising treatment for the individual patient...
- Association between polymorphisms in serotonin 2C receptor gene and attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder in Han Chinese subjectsJun Li
Institute of Mental Health, Peking University Peking University sixth hospital, Beijing 100083, People s Republic of China
Neurosci Lett 407:107-11. 2006..g., MAOA and MAOB) have been pursued as candidates for influencing risk for the disorder. HTR2C is also located on the X chromosome...
- HTR2C and HTR1A gene variants in German and Italian suicide attempters and completersAlessandro Serretti
Department of Psychiatry, San Raffaele Scientific Institute, Milan, Italy
Am J Med Genet B Neuropsychiatr Genet 144:291-9. 2007The serotonin 2C (HTR2C) and 1A (HTR1A) receptors have been involved in suicide-related behaviors. We studied gene variants of both receptors in suicide attempters and completers...
- Increased serotonin 2C receptor mRNA editing: a possible risk factor for suicideS Dracheva
Department of Psychiatry, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY, USA
Mol Psychiatry 13:1001-10. 2008..Thus, at least in patients with SZ or BPD, overexpression of the VSV isoform in the prefrontal cortex may represent an additional risk factor for suicidal behavior...
- Lack of association between three serotonin genes and suicidal behavior in Chinese psychiatric patientsJing Zhang
Bio X Center, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, 1954 Huashan Road, Shanghai 200030, PR China
Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry 32:467-71. 2008..involved in suicidal behavior and there is evidence of biological abnormalities of two serotonin receptors (HTR2A, HTR2C) and one serotonin transporter (5HTT) in suicide victims...
- Inverse agonist and neutral antagonist actions of antidepressants at recombinant and native 5-hydroxytryptamine2C receptors: differential modulation of cell surface expression and signal transductionBenjamin Chanrion
Institut de Genomique Fonctionnelle, Universités de Montpellier, CNRS UMRS 5203, INSERM U661, 141 rue de la Cardonille, F 34094 Montpellier Cedex 5, France
Mol Pharmacol 73:748-57. 2008..The clinical significance of inverse agonist versus neutral antagonist properties both during and after drug administration will be of interest to elucidate...
- The -759C/T polymorphism of the 5-HT2C receptor is associated with type 2 diabetes in male and female CaucasiansMaria Iordanidou
Laboratory of Pharmacology and Clinical Pharmacology, Medical School, Democritus University of Thrace, and Outpatient Diabetic Medical Clinic, Department of Internal Medicine, Academic General Hospital of Alexandroupolis, Alexandroupolis, Thrace, Greece
Pharmacogenet Genomics 18:153-9. 2008..Our aim was to determine the possible association of the -759C/T polymorphism of the 5-HT2C receptor gene with type 2 diabetes and obesity in male and female individuals Caucasian origin...
- 5-HT2C receptor and MAO-A interaction analysis: no association with suicidal behaviour in bipolar patientsVincenzo De Luca
Dept of Psychiatry, University of Toronto, 250 College Street, R 30, Toronto ON, Canada M5T 1R8
Eur Arch Psychiatry Clin Neurosci 258:428-33. 2008The serotonin 2C (HTR2C) receptor has been implicated in suicide-related behaviours, however there are not many studies to date about HTR2C and suicidality...
- Serotonin receptor HTR1A and HTR2C variants and personality traits in suicide attempters and controlsAlessandro Serretti
Institute of Psychiatry, University of Bologna, Viale Carlo Pepoli 5, 40123 Bologna, Italy
J Psychiatr Res 43:519-25. 2009..Serotonin has been extensively studied in relation to both personality features and suicidal behaviours...
- Physical interaction of calmodulin with the 5-hydroxytryptamine2C receptor C-terminus is essential for G protein-independent, arrestin-dependent receptor signalingMarilyne Labasque
Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, Unite Mixte de Recherche 5203, Institut de Genomique Fonctionnelle, Montpellier F 34094, France
Mol Biol Cell 19:4640-50. 2008..This signaling pathway might be involved in neurogenesis induced by chronic treatment with 5-HT(2C) receptor agonists and their antidepressant-like activity...
- Focus on HTR2C: A possible suggestion for genetic studies of complex disordersAntonio Drago
Institute of Psychiatry, University of Bologna, Italy
Am J Med Genet B Neuropsychiatr Genet 150:601-37. 2009b>HTR2C is one of the most relevant and investigated serotonin receptors...
- Pharmacological characterization of mitogen-activated protein kinase activation by recombinant human 5-HT2C, 5-HT2A, and 5-HT2B receptorsChristopher S Knauer
Department of Neuroscience Biology, Pfizer Global Research and Development, Pfizer Inc, Eastern Point Road, Groton, CT 06340, USA
Naunyn Schmiedebergs Arch Pharmacol 379:461-71. 2009..This profile differs from reports of "agonist-directed trafficking of receptor stimulus" between PI/Ca(2+) and AA pathways activated by 5-HT(2) receptors...
- Promoter and functional polymorphisms of HTR2C and suicide victimsAlja Videtic
Institute of Biochemistry, Faculty of Medicine, University of Ljubljana, Vrazov trg 2, SI 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia
Genes Brain Behav 8:541-5. 2009..A functional polymorphism 68G>C (Cys23Ser) and a promoter polymorphism-995G>A of serotonin receptor 2C (HTR2C) have already been investigated, but no associations with suicide were determined...
- Absence of weight gain association with the HTR2C -759C/T polymorphism in patients with schizophrenia treated with iloperidoneAndrew Thompson
Vanda Pharmaceuticals Inc, Rockville, MD, USA
Psychiatry Res 175:271-3. 2010..The effect of this polymorphism was analyzed in schizophrenia patients treated with iloperidone for up to 7 months. No association was detected with the modest weight changes observed in these patients...
- Serotonin 5-HT2C receptor protein expression is enriched in synaptosomal and post-synaptic compartments of rat cortexNOELLE C ANASTASIO
Center for Addiction Research, University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, Texas, USA
J Neurochem 113:1504-15. 2010..Taken together, these data support the hypothesis that the 5-HT(2C)R is localized within the post-synaptic thickening of synapses and is therefore positioned to directly modulate synaptic plasticity in cortical neurons...
- Mixture regression analysis on age at onset in bipolar disorder patients: investigation of the role of serotonergic genesMirko Manchia
Laboratory of Molecular Genetics, Department of Neurosciences B B Brodie, University of Cagliari, Cagliari, Italy
Eur Neuropsychopharmacol 20:663-70. 2010Bipolar Disorder (BPD) is a complex psychiatric disease with a relevant underlying genetic basis. HTR2A T102C, HTR2C Cys23Ser, SLC6A4 5-HTTLPR and rs25531 polymorphisms were genotyped in 230 BPD patients and inserted as covariates in a ..
- Association between polymorphisms in the serotonin 2C receptor gene and premature ejaculation in Han Chinese subjectsShunwen Luo
Urological Department, West China Hospital, Sichuan University, Chengdu, China
Urol Int 85:204-8. 2010..It has been postulated to be a neurobiological dysfunction with genetic vulnerability and is related to disturbances of central serotonin (5-hydroxytryptamine, 5-HT) neurotransmission and 5-HT receptor function...
- A candidate gene study of serotonergic pathway genes and pain relief during treatment with escitalopram in patients with neuropathic pain shows significant association to serotonin receptor2C (HTR2C)Charlotte Brasch-Andersen
Department of Clinical Biochemistry and Pharmacology, Odense University Hospital, Odense, Denmark
Eur J Clin Pharmacol 67:1131-7. 2011..The aim of this study was to investigate the association between polymorphisms in genes involved in the serotonergic pathway and the effect of escitalopram on peripheral neuropathic pain...
- Bioinformatic analyses to select phenotype affecting polymorphisms in HTR2C geneFrancesco Piva
Department of Biochemistry, Biology and Genetics, Polytechnic University of Marche, Ancona, Italy
Hum Psychopharmacol 26:365-72. 2011..Our aim is to guide researchers in the selection of the most likely phenotype affecting polymorphisms. Here, we studied serotonin receptor 2C (HTR2C) SNPs because, till now, only relatively few of about 2000 are investigated.
- Cortisol responses to emotional stress in men: association with a functional polymorphism in the 5HTR2C geneBeverly H Brummett
Department of Psychiatry, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC, United States
Biol Psychol 89:94-8. 2012The serotonin 5HTR2C receptor has been shown to mediate HPA axis activation during stress...
- The N-terminal region of the human 5-HT₂C receptor has as a cleavable signal peptideJan Anker Jahnsen
Section of Pharmacology, Institute of Medicine, Faculty of Medicine and Dentistry, University of Bergen, Norway
Eur J Pharmacol 684:44-50. 2012..Cleaving of the signal peptide is important for translocation of the wild type receptor to the plasma membrane. The two amino acids differentially encoded by the C23S SNP are likely absent from the mature 5-HT(2C) receptor...
- Striatal dopamine release and genetic variation of the serotonin 2C receptor in humansBrian J Mickey
Department of Psychiatry and Molecular and Behavioral Neuroscience Institute, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109 5720, USA
J Neurosci 32:9344-50. 2012..In humans, a common missense single-nucleotide change (rs6318, Cys23Ser) in the 5-HT(2C) receptor gene (HTR2C) has been associated with altered activity in vitro and with clinical mood disorders...
- A functional polymorphism in the 5HTR2C gene associated with stress responses also predicts incident cardiovascular eventsBeverly H Brummett
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina, United States of America
PLoS ONE 8:e82781. 2013Previously we have shown that a functional nonsynonymous single nucleotide polymorphism (rs6318) of the 5HTR2C gene located on the X-chromosome is associated with hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal axis response to a stress recall task, and ..
- Association of antipsychotic drug-induced weight gain with a 5-HT2C receptor gene polymorphismGavin P Reynolds
Department of Biomedical Science, University of Sheffield, Sheffield S10 2TN, UK
Lancet 359:2086-7. 2002..0003) than in those without this allele, who were more likely to have substantial (>7%) weight gain (p=0.002). We have identified a genetic factor that is associated with antipsychotic drug-induced weight gain...
- A 5-HT2C receptor promoter polymorphism (HTR2C - 759C/T) is associated with obesity in women, and with resistance to weight loss in heterozygotesEdward C Pooley
University Department of Psychiatry, University of Oxford, Warneford Hospital, Oxford OX3 7JX, United Kingdom
Am J Med Genet B Neuropsychiatr Genet 126:124-7. 2004The serotonin 5-HT(2C) receptor (HTR2C) helps regulate appetite and body weight. An HTR2C promoter polymorphism (-759C/T) has been associated with obesity and with weight gain in response to antipsychotic (neuroleptic) drugs...
- Serotonin 2C receptor gene Cys23Ser polymorphism: a candidate genetic risk factor of migraine with aura in Japanese populationM Kusumi
Department of Neurology, Institute of Neurological Sciences, Tottori University Faculty of Medicine, Yonago, Japan
Acta Neurol Scand 109:407-9. 2004..The goal of this study is to clarify the association between migraine and Serotonin 2C receptor Cys23Ser polymorphism in Japanese population...
- Serotonin 5-HT2C receptors as a target for the treatment of depressive and anxious states: focus on novel therapeutic strategiesMark John Millan
Institut de Recherches Servier, Croissy sur Seine, France
Therapie 60:441-60. 2005....
- Serotonin receptor 1c gene assigned to X chromosome in human (band q24) and mouse (bands D-F4)A Milatovich
Department of Genetics, Stanford University Medical Center, CA 94305
Hum Mol Genet 1:681-4. 1992..By using somatic cell hybrid analysis and FISH, we have mapped the HTR1C locus to the human X chromosome, band q24 and to the mouse X chromosome region D-F4...
- [Efficacy of atypical antipsychotics in depressive syndromes]Ph Quintin
Lilly France, 13 rue Pages, 92158 Suresnes cedex, France
Encephale 30:583-9. 2004..Particularly, new strategies emerge that combine atypical antipsychotics and antidepressants for greater efficacy and more rapid relief of depression symptoms...
- Studies on the neuroendocrine role of serotoninHenrik Stig Jørgensen
Department of Medical Physiology, University of Copenhagen, Denmark
Dan Med Bull 54:266-88. 2007..Serotonin affect the secretion of CRH and ACTH both at the hypothalamic, pituitary portal and pituitary gland level, and possibly also at the adrenal level...
- Further characterization of 5-hydroxytryptamine receptors (putative 5-HT2B) in rat stomach fundus longitudinal muscleG S Baxter
SmithKline Beecham Pharmaceuticals, The Pinnacles, Harlow, Essex
Br J Pharmacol 112:323-31. 1994..SB 200646, which demonstrates some selectivity for 5-HT receptors in rat stomach fundus, should provide a useful ligand for confirmation of this view and allow discrimination of 5-HT2B function both in vitro and in vivo...
- Central stimulation of renin secretion through serotonergic, noncardiovascular mechanismsP A Rittenhouse
Department of Pharmacology, Stritch School of Medicine, Loyola University Chicago, Maywood, Ill 60153
Neuroendocrinology 60:205-14. 1994..p.) on renin release. In conclusion, these data suggest that both RU 24969 and p-chloroamphetamine increase renin secretion through central 5-HT receptors, and that these effects are partially obscured by their hypertensive actions...
- Multiple 5-HT receptors in passive avoidance: comparative studies of p-chloroamphetamine and 8-OH-DPATI Misane
Department of Neuroscience, Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden
Neuropsychopharmacology 22:168-90. 2000..These findings also suggest that there probably exists a functional distinction between 5-HT receptor subtypes in different types of aversive learning...
- Profiles of serotonin receptors in the developing human thalamusMaria S M Wai
School of Biomedical Sciences, Chinese University of Hong Kong, Shatin, N T, Hong Kong, China
Psychiatry Res 185:238-42. 2011..Disrupted development of the thalamic serotonergic system during this gestational period may contribute to the pathophysiology of neuropsychiatric disorders...
- 5-HT2A and 5-HT2C serotonin receptors differentially modulate mouse sexual arousal and the hypothalamo-pituitary-testicular response to the presence of a femaleNina K Popova
Institute of Cytology and Genetics, Siberian Branch of the Russian Academy of Sciences, Novosibirsk, Russia
Neuroendocrinology 76:28-34. 2002..05). The present findings suggest that 5-HT2A/5-HT2C receptors may be involved in the neural control of male sexual motivation and arousal, presumably by exerting reciprocal facilitative (5-HT2A) or suppressive (5-HT2C) influences...
- Identification, molecular cloning, and distribution of a short variant of the 5-hydroxytryptamine2C receptor produced by alternative splicingH Canton
Department of Pharmacology, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashvile, Tennessee 37232, USA
Mol Pharmacol 50:799-807. 1996..Although this study demonstrates tissue-specific expression of two 5-HT2C mRNA splice variants in rat, mouse, and human, the significance of the truncated form in these three species remains to be established...
- Selective serotonin receptor stimulation of the medial nucleus accumbens causes differential effects on food intake and locomotionWayne E Pratt
Department of Psychology, Wake Forest University, Winston Salem, NC 27109, USA
Behav Neurosci 123:1046-57. 2009..These data are the first to suggest that the activation of different serotonin receptor subtypes within the feeding circuitry of the medial nucleus accumbens differentially influence consummatory behavior...
- Expression of mRNA for multiple serotonin (5-HT) receptor types/subtypes by the peripheral blood mononuclear cells of rhesus macaquesGui bo Yang
State Key Laboratory for Infectious Disease Prevention and Control, People s Republic of China
J Neuroimmunol 178:24-9. 2006..This provided a basis for further studies on the neuroimmunomodulatory interactions of 5-HT in rhesus macaques...
- Colocalization of serotonin receptor subtypes 5-HT2A, 5-HT2C, and 5-HT6 with neuropeptides in rat striatumR P Ward
Department of Pharmacology, University of Washington, Seattle 98195 6560, USA
J Comp Neurol 370:405-14. 1996..Within these islands, 5-HT2C mRNA expression was much higher than in surrounding areas. 5-HT2A mRNA showed the opposite pattern with decreased expression over dynorphin rich cell clusters...
- Direct activation by dopamine of recombinant human 5-HT1A receptors: comparison with human 5-HT2C and 5-HT3 receptorsMurat Oz
Cellular Neurobiology Branch, National Institute on Drug Abuse, National Institutes of Health, DHHS, Intramural Research Program, Baltimore, Maryland 21224, USA
Synapse 50:303-13. 2003..These results suggest that although DA activates different subtypes of human 5-HT receptors directly, the potency and efficacy of the binding site varies significantly among different receptors...
- Serotonin activates murine alveolar macrophages through 5-HT2C receptorsZbigniew Mikulski
Institute of Anatomy and Cell Biology, Universities of Giessen and Marburg Lung Center, Germany
Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 299:L272-80. 2010..These effects are exclusively driven by the 5-HT(2C) receptor, thereby providing the potential for selective intervention...
- Antidepressant-like effects of the novel, selective, 5-HT2C receptor agonist WAY-163909 in rodentsSharon Rosenzweig-Lipson
Discovery Neuroscience, Wyeth Research, CN 8000, Princeton, NJ 08543, USA
Psychopharmacology (Berl) 192:159-70. 2007..Activation of one or more of the serotonin (5-HT) receptors may play a role in mediating the antidepressant effects of SSRIs...
- Endogenous serotonin excites striatal cholinergic interneurons via the activation of 5-HT 2C, 5-HT6, and 5-HT7 serotonin receptors: implications for extrapyramidal side effects of serotonin reuptake inhibitorsPaola Bonsi
Fondazione Santa Lucia I R C C S, European Brain Research Institute, Rome, Italy
Neuropsychopharmacology 32:1840-54. 2007..These results suggest that 5-HT released by serotonergic fibers originating in the raphe nuclei has a potent excitatory effect on striatal cholinergic interneurons...
- The interaction of RS 25259-197, a potent and selective antagonist, with 5-HT3 receptors, in vitroE H Wong
Institute of Pharmacology, Palo Alto, California 94303, USA
Br J Pharmacol 114:851-9. 1995..7 In conclusion, the functional, binding and distribution studies undertaken with the radiolabelled and non-radiolabelled RS 25259-197 (S,S enantiomer) established the profile of a highly potent and selective5-HT3 receptor antagonist...
- RS 39604: a potent, selective and orally active 5-HT4 receptor antagonistS S Hegde
Institute of Pharmacology, Syntex Discovery Research, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA
Br J Pharmacol 115:1087-95. 1995..It is concluded that RS 39604 may be the preferable probe to use for investigating the physiological and pathophysiological role of 5-HT4 receptors in vivo...
- [Pharmacogenetics and treatment response in schizophrenia]V Moulier
Unite de recherche clinique, établissement public de santé de Ville Evrard, 5, rue du Docteur Delafontaine, 93200 Saint Denis, France
Encephale 33:954-64. 2007..Finally, there was a possible relationship between the 48 bp variant number tandem repeat polymorphism in dopamine D4 receptor gene and response to neuroleptics...
- The 5-HT2C receptor and antipsychoticinduced weight gain - mechanisms and geneticsGavin P Reynolds
Division of Psychiatry and Neuroscience, Queen s University Belfast, Belfast, UK
J Psychopharmacol 20:15-8. 2006..These findings demonstrate the value of pharmacogenetics in determining liability to a major side effect of antipsychotic treatment, and indicate both the molecular and physiological mechanisms underlying this side effect...
- The effects of SB 204070, a highly potent and selective 5-HT4 receptor antagonist, on guinea-pig distal colonK A Wardle
SmithKline Beecham Pharmaceuticals, Harlow, Essex
Br J Pharmacol 112:789-94. 1994..6. SB 204070 is a highly potent, highly selective 5-HT4 receptor antagonist and as such is an important new tool in evaluating the functional role of the 5-HT4 receptor...
- Evidence that RU 24969-induced locomotor activity in C57/B1/6 mice is specifically mediated by the 5-HT1B receptorS C Cheetham
Boots Pharmaceuticals Research Department, Nottingham
Br J Pharmacol 110:1621-9. 1993..RU 24969 did not alter dopamine, dihydroxyphenylacetic acid or homovanillic acid concentrations in the nucleus accumbens suggesting that the dopaminergic neurones terminating there are not directly involved...
- Serotonergic drugs : effects on appetite expression and use for the treatment of obesityJason C G Halford
Kissileff Laboratory for the Study of Human Ingestive Behaviour, School of Psychology, University of Liverpool, Liverpool, UK
Drugs 67:27-55. 2007..The hope is that these drugs will not only be free of their predecessors' adverse effect profiles, but will also be equally or more effective at regulating appetite and controlling bodyweight...
- Pharmacological characterization of two novel and potent 5-HT4 receptor agonists, RS 67333 and RS 67506, in vitro and in vivoR M Eglen
Institute of Pharmacology, Syntex Discovery Research, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA
Br J Pharmacol 115:1387-92. 1995..These compounds, by virtue of their high potency and selectivity, may have some utility in elucidating the physiological role of 5-HT4 receptors...
- Discriminative stimulus properties of mCPP: evidence for a 5-HT2C receptor mode of actionJ Gommans
Department of Psychopharmacology, Faculty of Pharmacy, Universiteit Utrecht, The Netherlands
Psychopharmacology (Berl) 137:292-302. 1998..A definitive answer as to whether other receptors, e.g. 5-HT2B and 5-HT7, are of any importance in mCPP's discriminative stimulus properties has to wait for more selective ligands...
- Mutagenesis analysis of the serotonin 5-HT2C receptor and a Caenorhabditis elegans 5-HT2 homologue: conserved residues of helix 4 and helix 7 contribute to agonist-dependent activation of 5-HT2 receptorsJinling Xie
Institute of Parasitology, McGill University, Ste Anne de Bellevue, Quebec, Canada
J Neurochem 92:375-87. 2005..Taken together, these results suggest that K4.45 and S/C7.45 play an important role in the conformational rearrangements leading to agonist-induced activation of 5-HT2 receptors...
- Characterisation of human 5-hydroxytryptamine2A and 5-hydroxytryptamine2C receptors expressed in the human neuroblastoma cell line SH-SY5Y: comparative stimulation by hallucinogenic drugsR A Newton
Oxford University SmithKline Beecham Centre for Applied Neuropsychobiology, University Department of Clinical Pharmacology, Oxford, England
J Neurochem 67:2521-31. 1996..It is unlikely therefore that hallucinosis is mediated primarily by activity at the 5-HT2C receptor, whereas activity at the 5-HT2A receptor may represent an important but not unique mechanism associated with hallucinogenic drug action...
- Dihydrobenzofuran analogues of hallucinogens. 4. Mescaline derivativesA P Monte
Department of Medicinal Chemistry and Molecular Pharmacology, School of Pharmacy and Pharmacal Sciences, Purdue University, West Lafayette, Indiana 47907, USA
J Med Chem 40:2997-3008. 1997....
- Role of 5-HT1B, 5-HT2A and 5-HT2C receptors in the generalization of 5-HT receptor agonists to the ethanol cue in the ratS Maurel
CNS Research, Bayer AG, Cologne, Germany
Behav Pharmacol 9:337-43. 1998....
- Agonist-directed trafficking of signalling at serotonin 5-HT2A, 5-HT2B and 5-HT2C-VSV receptors mediated Gq/11 activation and calcium mobilisation in CHO cellsDidier Cussac
Department of Cellular and Molecular Biology, Centre de Recherche Pierre Fabre, 17 avenue Jean Moulin, F 81106 Castres Cedex, France
Eur J Pharmacol 594:32-8. 2008....
- Injection of the 5-HT2C receptor agonist Ro60-0175 into the ventral tegmental area reduces cocaine-induced locomotor activity and cocaine self-administrationPaul J Fletcher
Section of Biopsychology, Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Neuropsychopharmacology 29:308-18. 2004..These effects complement electrophysiological and neurochemical findings, and indicate that 5-HT(2C) receptors localized within the VTA modulate the activity of mesolimbic DA neurons...
- In vivo Schild regression analyses using nonselective 5-HT2C receptor antagonists in a rat operant behavioral assayEllen A Walker
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Temple University School of Pharmacy, 3307 North Broad Street, Philadelphia, PA 19140, USA
Psychopharmacology (Berl) 193:187-97. 2007....
- Enhanced 5-HT2C receptor signaling is associated with haloperidol-induced "early onset" vacuous chewing in rats: implications for antipsychotic drug therapyWilliam A Wolf
Research Service 151, Edward Hines Jr VA Hospital, Hines, IL 60141, USA
Psychopharmacology (Berl) 182:84-94. 2005..It is well established that repeated haloperidol administration also elicits VCM, but there is no information on how repeated haloperidol administration affects 5-HT2C receptor signaling...
- Identification of rat serotonin 5-HT2C receptors as glycoproteins containing N-linked oligosaccharidesJ R Backstrom
Department of Pharmacology, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, TN 37232 6600, USA Backst
Brain Res Mol Brain Res 33:311-8. 1995..The oligosaccharide moieties, which contribute up to approximately 30% of the relative mass as judged by SDS-polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis, may impart functional properties to 5-HT2C receptors...
- Crucial role of the 5-HT2C receptor, but not of the 5-HT2A receptor, in the down regulation of stimulated dopamine release produced by pressure exposure in freely moving ratsB Kriem
Laboratoire de Neurosciences Cellulaires et Intégratives, Faculte des Sciences, Université Nancy 1, France
Brain Res 796:143-9. 1998..This further suggests that helium pressure may simultaneously induce an increase in 5-HT transmission at the level of 5-HT2A receptors and a decrease in 5-HT transmission at the level of 5-HT2C receptors...
- Possible involvement of endogenous 5-HT in aggravation of cerulein-induced acute pancreatitis in miceKentaro Hamada
UMN Pharma, Inc, Department of Pharmacology, 1 15 8 Jinnan, Shibuya ku Tokyo 150 0041, Japan
J Pharmacol Sci 105:240-50. 2007..These results suggest that endogenously released 5-HT activates 5-HT2A receptors to aggravate cerulein-induced pancreatitis. We propose that selective 5-HT2A antagonists may provide a new therapy for acute pancreatitis...
- Involvement of 5-HT2C receptors in the m-CPP-induced antinociception in miceE Chojnacka-Wojcik
Institute of Pharmacology, Polish Academy of Sciences, Krakow
Pol J Pharmacol 46:423-8. 1994..Neither of the drugs used as putative receptor antagonists changed the nociceptive responsiveness in mice. The obtained results suggest that the analgesia induced by m-CPP is mediated by 5-HT2C receptors...
- Rikkunshito and 5-HT2C receptor antagonist improve cisplatin-induced anorexia via hypothalamic ghrelin interactionKoji Yakabi
Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Saitama Medical Center, Saitama Medical University, 1981 Tsujido machi, Kamoda, Kawagoe City, Saitama 350 8550, Japan
Regul Pept 161:97-105. 2010..A 5-HT2C receptor antagonist and RKT suppressed cisplatin-induced anorexia by inhibiting reduction of GHS-R1a signal transduction in the hypothalamus...
- An investigation of the mechanism responsible for fluoxetine-induced hypophagia in ratsS Lightowler
SmithKline Beecham Pharmaceuticals, Harlow, Essex, UK
Eur J Pharmacol 296:137-43. 1996....
- Molecular determinants for the interaction of the valvulopathic anorexigen norfenfluramine with the 5-HT2B receptorVincent Setola
Department of Biochemistry, Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine, Cleveland, OH 44106 4935, USA
Mol Pharmacol 68:20-33. 2005..In conclusion, vdW interactions between residue 2.53 and the alpha-methyl group of SNF contribute to the ligand's 5-HT(2) receptor subtype-selective pharmacology...
- Effects of systemic and intra-nucleus accumbens 5-HT2C receptor compounds on ventral tegmental area self-stimulation thresholds in ratsDave J Hayes
Centre for Neuroscience, 513 HMRC, University of Alberta, Edmonton, AB, Canada T6G 2S2
Psychopharmacology (Berl) 203:579-88. 2009..To date, no studies have investigated the possible role of 5-HT(2C) receptors in ventral tegmental area (VTA) intracranial self-stimulation (ICSS)...
- Relevance of dorsal raphe nucleus firing in serotonin 5-HT(2C) receptor blockade-induced augmentation of SSRIs effectsFlorence Sotty
Department of Neurophysiology, H Lundbeck A S, Ottiliavej 9, 2500 Copenhagen Valby, Denmark
Neuropharmacology 57:18-24. 2009....
- Functional characterization of agonists at recombinant human 5-HT2A, 5-HT2B and 5-HT2C receptors in CHO-K1 cellsR H Porter
Cerebrus Ltd, Oakdene Court, 613 Reading Road, Winnersh, Wokingham, RG41 5UA
Br J Pharmacol 128:13-20. 1999....
- In vivo properties of SB 200646A, a 5-HT2C/2B receptor antagonistG A Kennett
Department of Psychiatry, SmithKline Beecham, Harlow, Essex
Br J Pharmacol 111:797-802. 1994..They also suggest that 5-HT2C,2B receptor blockade induces anxiolysis...
- 5-HT1B receptors modulate the feeding inhibitory effects of enterostatinLing Lin
Pennington Biomedical Research Center, 6400 Perkins Road, Baton Rouge, LA 70808, USA
Brain Res 1062:26-31. 2005..The data imply that the enterostatin anorectic response may be modulated by 5-HT1B receptors and that a neuronal pathway from the amygdala to the PVN regulates the enterostatin response through activation of 5-HTlB receptors in PVN...
- Rikkunshito, an herbal medicine, suppresses cisplatin-induced anorexia in rats via 5-HT2 receptor antagonismHiroshi Takeda
Department of Gastroenterology and Hematology, Hokkaido University Graduate School of Medicine, Kita ku, Sapporo, Japan
Gastroenterology 134:2004-13. 2008..Rikkunshito, a kampo preparation, is known to alleviate such adverse reactions. In this study, we attempted to clarify the mechanism...
- A 5-HT1A agonist and a 5-HT2c antagonist reduce social interaction deficit induced by multiple ethanol withdrawals in ratsDavid H Overstreet
Department of Psychiatry, Bowles Center for Alcohol Studies, University of North Carolina School of Medicine, CB 7178, Chapel Hill, NC 27599 7178, USA
Psychopharmacology (Berl) 167:344-52. 2003..The deficits in social interaction behavior following withdrawal from continuous ethanol exposure can be reduced following acute treatments with 5-HT(2C) antagonists or 5-HT(1A) agonists...
- Combined treatment with citalopram and buspirone: effects on serotonin 5-HT2A and 5-HT2C receptors in the rat brainE Syvalahti
Department of Pharmacology and Clinical Pharmacology, University of Turku, 20520 Turku, Finland
Pharmacopsychiatry 39:1-8. 2006..We wanted to elucidate whether the proposed advantages of citalopram-buspirone combination treatment are related to changes in 5-HT(2A/C) receptor-mediated neurotransmission...
- Evidence that hypophagia induced by d-fenfluramine and d-norfenfluramine in the rat is mediated by 5-HT2C receptorsS P Vickers
Vernalis Research Limited, Oakdene Court, 613 Reading Road, Winnersh RG41 5UA, UK
Neuropharmacology 41:200-9. 2001..These data provide unequivocal evidence for an important role of the 5-HT2C receptor in the mediation of d-fenfluramine and d-norfenfluramine-induced hypophagia in the rat and do not support the involvement of 5-HT1A/1B/2A/2B receptors...
- The 5-HT2C receptor agonist Ro60-0175 reduces cocaine self-administration and reinstatement induced by the stressor yohimbine, and contextual cuesPaul J Fletcher
Section of Biopsychology, Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, Toronto, ON, Canada
Neuropsychopharmacology 33:1402-12. 2008..The effects of Ro60-0175 do not exhibit tolerance within the 8-day test period. These results indicate that selective 5-HT2C receptor agonists may be a useful pharmacological strategy for treatment of drug abuse...
- Alteration of serotonin 2C receptor expression in the aorta and the pulmonary artery in rats exposed to hypoxiaBo Zhang
Department of Pathophysiology, Xijing Hospital, Fourth Military Medical University, Xi an 710032, Shaanxi, People s Republic of China
Chin J Physiol 51:338-47. 2008....
- Early life stress alters adult serotonin 2C receptor pre-mRNA editing and expression of the alpha subunit of the heterotrimeric G-protein G qPunita Bhansali
Department of Psychiatry, Columbia University, New York, New York 10032, USA
J Neurosci 27:1467-73. 2007....
- Superior antidepressant efficacy results of agomelatine versus fluoxetine in severe MDD patients: a randomized, double-blind studyAnthony Hale
Trust Headquarters, St Martin s Hospital, Canterbury, UK
Int Clin Psychopharmacol 25:305-14. 2010..In conclusion, in this study, agomelatine showed superior antidepressant efficacy over fluoxetine in treating patients with a severe episode of major depressive disorder after 8 weeks of treatment with a good tolerability profile...
- Behavioral effects of systemically administered MK-212 are prevented by ritanserin microinfusion into the basolateral amygdala of rats exposed to the elevated plus-mazeAntonio Pedro de Mello Cruz
Laboratorio de Psicobiologia, Departamento de Processos Psicológicos Básicos, Instituto de Psicologia, Universidade de Brasilia, Brasilia, DF, Brazil
Psychopharmacology (Berl) 182:345-54. 2005..Moreover, little is known about the behavioral effects of centrally administered 5-HT2 compounds in animal models of anxiety...
- The nociceptive mechanism of 5-hydroxytryptamine released into the peripheral tissue in acute inflammatory pain in ratsKunie Nakajima
Department of Anesthesiology, Gunma University Graduate School of Medicine, 3 39 22 Showa machi, Maebashi, Gunma 371 8511, Japan
Eur J Pain 13:441-7. 2009..These results indicate that 5-HT released into peripheral tissue and its receptors, 5-HT2A as well as 5-HT2C, at the periphery have an important role in pain-related behaviors during acute peripheral inflammation...
- Association of a polymorphism in the promoter region of the serotonin 5-HT2C receptor gene with tardive dyskinesia in patients with schizophreniaZ J Zhang
Mol Psychiatry 7:670-1. 2002
- Bryan L Roth; Fiscal Year: 2016....
- Bryan L Roth; Fiscal Year: 2014..The overall goals of this application are to determine how certain serotonin receptors (htr2A and htr2C) are regulated by the processes of neuronal targeting, trafficking and phosophorylation-induced post-translational ..
- Kazuko Nishikura; Fiscal Year: 2016..Our research focuses also on apoptosis, which is highly relevant to many human diseases including cancer. ..
- Abdulghani Sankari; Fiscal Year: 2016..The identification of the mechanism of SDB in SCI patients will establish a strong scientific frame work for further investigations using novel therapies for SDB in SCI patients in particular and potentially in the general population. ..
- Rick G Schnellmann; Fiscal Year: 2016..Ultimately, these studies may lead to new therapeutic approaches to increase cell and organ survival and function in numerous pathologic conditions. ..
- Post-transcriptional Regulation of Serotonin ReceptorsRONALD EMESON; Fiscal Year: 2006..It is anticipated that these studies will provide new insights concerning the regulation of cellular processes involved in the transduction of serotonergic signals and the role(s) of multiple serotonin receptors in the nervous system. ..
- Mechanisms of 5HT2A Receptor DesensitizationNancy A Muma; Fiscal Year: 2012..By discovering the molecular mechanisms underlying signaling and desensitization of 5-HT2A receptor signaling, new targets for therapeutic intervention will be identified. ..
- Brain serotonin and angiotensin II systems in migraineJOSE TERRON; Fiscal Year: 2007..5-HT content will be measured by HPLC in brain homogenates. ..
- SELECTIVE SEROTONERGIC AGENTSRICHARD GLENNON; Fiscal Year: 2004..Radioligand binding and functional assays will be conducted. The 5-HT1F ligand is not selective; we propose to explore its structure-activity relationships and functional activity in an attempt to develop a 5-HT1F-selective ligand. ..
- Charles P France; Fiscal Year: 2015....
- CHARACTERIZATION OF CENTRAL SEROTONIN RECEPTORSELAINE BUSH; Fiscal Year: 2009..Defining the impact of 5-HT2C receptor variation on neural signaling may lead to a better understanding of the molecular pathology of anxiety disorders and other debilitating psychiatric diseases. ..
- Stephanie C Dulawa; Fiscal Year: 2014..In summary, the proposed work will provide valuable new insights into the mechanisms underlying fast-onset antidepressant action and lead to novel treatments. ..
- Control of Cardiogenesis by microRNA EditingKazuko Nishikura; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Volker Neugebauer; Fiscal Year: 2016..The mechanistic analysis of higher brain functions and drug targets in pain will boost basic science knowledge required for evidence-based medicine and provide translational strategies for pharmacotherapeutics and/or gene therapy. ..
- Serotonin and Activity-Based AnorexiaDeann Dixon; Fiscal Year: 2005..In Specific Aim 3, c-fos immunocytochemistry will be used to test the hypothesis that brain regions that control satiety are more sensitive to 5-HT in female rats with ABA compared to normal weight control rats. ..
- Donald G Rainnie; Fiscal Year: 2016....
- Chemistry and Biology of 5-HT2C Receptor Ligands for Drug AbuseALAN PAUL KOZIKOWSKI; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Ming Li; Fiscal Year: 2016..It will help identify the behavioral processes linking altered maternal behavior and postpartum depression. ..
- Effect of chronic antipsychotic medication administration on cocaine poisoningKENNON JAMES HEARD; Fiscal Year: 2010..Identifying the involved receptor systems will facilitate future studies to determine if chronic APM therapy causes the same receptor changes in humans and, therefore, may cause similar altered susceptibility to cocaine poisoning. ..
- SARAH E SWINFORD-JACKSON; Fiscal Year: 2015....
- NOELLE C ANASTASIO; Fiscal Year: 2014....
- Identification of substances that change alternative pre-mRNA splicing of the serStefan Stamm; Fiscal Year: 2012..Identifying a compound that combats obesity would have a major therapeutic impact and the possible identification of the first mammalian riboswitch will have a strong scientific impact. ..
- TRPC3 channel mediates 5-HT2C receptor excitation in substantia nigra reticulataFu Ming Zhou; Fiscal Year: 2012..Additionally, our novel concept may also have broad implications on how G-protein-coupled neurotransmitter receptors affect the electrical activity in neurons in other brain areas. ..
- Impact of energy status on the serotonergic regulation of energy balanceLaurence H Tecott; Fiscal Year: 2013..We have found that null mutations of genes encoding these 5-HT receptor subtypes (htr1b- and htr2c-) influence feeding differently in ad libitum fed animals vs. animals that had been fasted...
- Biobehavioral Genetics of CVD RiskIndrani Halder; Fiscal Year: 2013..to comprehensively test several genes in the serotonin pathway (SLC6A4, MAOA, TPH1, TPH2, HTR1A, HTR1B, HTR2A, HTR2C) and genes of inflammatory markers (ILIp, IL6, CRP, TNFa, SELE, SELP, ICAM 1, VCAM 1) for association with ..
- Biobehavioral Genetics of CVD RiskIndrani Halder; Fiscal Year: 2010..aims to comprehensively test genes in the serotonin pathway (SLC6A4, MAOA, TPH1, TPH2, HTR1A, HTR1B, HTR2A, HTR2C) and inflammatory marker genes (IL1B, IL6,TNFa, CRP, SELE, SELF, ICAM1, VCAM1) for association with multiple CVD ..
- Exercise, Serotonin and AnxietySAYAMWONG EMWILL HAMMACK; Fiscal Year: 2010..Understanding these mechanisms will provide critical insight for both the etiology and treatment of anxiety disorders. ..
- MODELS TO ANALYZE SEROTONIN RECEPTOR FUNCTIONSLaurence Tecott; Fiscal Year: 1999..Observations of behavioral deficits in these animals could spur a search for genetic and developmental abnormalities of serotonin receptor function in mental illnesses. ..
- 5-HT2C-receptor expression and function in depressionClaudia Schmauss; Fiscal Year: 2003..Proposed specific aim 2 would assess the functional significance of altered 5 HT2C receptor mRNA editing using stably transfected lines of NIH3T3 cells that express the three major altered 5-HT2C ..
- ALTERED SEROTONIN SIGNAL TRANSDUCTION IN DYSKINESIASWilliam Wolf; Fiscal Year: 2000..The success of this approach will be determined biochemically and behaviorally as Aim I. ..
- Optimization of Allosteric Modulators of 5-HT2C ReceptorJia Zhou; Fiscal Year: 2013..The long term goal of this project is to develop these modulators for preclinical validation and clinical application in translational research and ultimately as novel therapeutic candidates. ..
- Novel serotonergic, pro-cognitive antipsychotic therapiesSilvana Leit; Fiscal Year: 2012..The research outlined in this proposal will directly benefit patients and their families and caregivers by leading to the discovery of safer and more effective medicines for the treatment of schizophrenia. ..
- Structural Domains Essential for Serotonin Receptor PharmacologyBryan Roth; Fiscal Year: 2006..Novel techniques of protein biochemistry (hydroxyl-mediated 1H/2H exchange), cell biology (yeast 2-hybrid screening) and spectroscopy (FRET/BRET) will be used to arrive at testable models for 5-HT2A-Gq interactions. ..
- Kari J Buck; Fiscal Year: 2015..This can direct further mechanistic studies and elucidate the important network(s), within which many biomarkers and drugable targets may exist to direct translational studies. ..
- GENETIC STUDY OF AUTISTIC CHILDREN AND ADOLESCENTSEdwin Cook; Fiscal Year: 1999..The statistical methods have been chosen to reduce the change of a false positive result due to population stratification. ..
- PALLIDAL GABA AND ATYPICALITY OF ANTIPSYCHOTIC DRUGSRONALD SEE; Fiscal Year: 2002..The information obtained will facilitate the development of optimal pharmacotherapy for mental disorders, particularly schizophrenia. ..
- ORGANOCHLORINE PESTICIDES AND SEROTONERGIC DEVELOPMENTJean Lauder; Fiscal Year: 2000..This is an important question because of the suspected involvement of dysfunctional ontogeny of the serotonergic system in the etiology of developmental disabilities and mood disorders. ..
- Indole Analogs as Novel Appetite SuppressantsHOWARD P SARD; Fiscal Year: 2010..We are carrying out research to discover and develop a new drug for obesity. If we are successful, doctors will have another option to help obese people with their weight problem. ..
- ANTIBODIES AGAINST PHOSPHORYLATED 5HT2C RECEPTORSJON BACKSTROM; Fiscal Year: 2000..The long-term goal of this research is to address the role of 5-HT2C receptors in epilepsy and hallucinogenic drug activity. ..
- Neural Specific Serotonin 5-HT2c ReceptorLong Sheng Chang; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- The amygdaloid 5-HT2C receptor in anxiety-like behaviorQian Li; Fiscal Year: 2006..Furthermore, the proposed studies have a high potential of leading to the development of novel drugs to treat anxiety disorders. ..
- GENETIC APPROACHES TO SEROTONIN AND FEEDING BEHAVIORLaurence Tecott; Fiscal Year: 2004..Hypotheses generated from the results of aim 4 will be tested in Aim 5 through the development of mice in which 5-HT2C receptor mutations are localized to restricted brain regions and cell types. ..
- COCAINE/SEX HORMONE/5HT--MOLECULAR & BEHAVIORAL ANALYSESMary Thomas; Fiscal Year: 2002..As a consequence, new insight into potential therapeutic strategies for drug dependence in women as well as the enhanced vulnerability of women to mood and anxiety disorders will be obtained. ..
- Zeiss LSM 510-NLO multiphoton laser scanning microscopeJoseph Mazurkiewicz; Fiscal Year: 2003..Dr. Banas will use MPLSM to study the physiology that results from changes in gene expression in mature, live biofilms made by oral Steprococci. This group will fully utilize the capabilities of the Zeiss LSM510-NLO. ..
- NOVEL ACTIONS OF INVERSE AGONISTSWilliam Clarke; Fiscal Year: 2002..This study will provide important information about the cellular effects of inverse agonists which should help us to better understand the actions of a variety of therapeutic and investigational drugs. ..
- MicroRNA Regulation of Serotonin Receptor 1B and its Relation to BehaviorKevin Jensen; Fiscal Year: 2009..in-silico in other candidate genes relevant to alcohol use disorders (including CRHR1, CNR1, DRD2, COMT, HTR2A, HTR2C, OPRM1, PDYN, GABRA6, MANEA) also modify microRNA regulation...
- STIMULUS CONTROL BY HALLUCINOGENS--SSRI INTERACTIONSJUSTIN ECKLER; Fiscal Year: 2002..The inhibition of DOM uptake by the 5-HT transporter in the presence of SSR1's would indicate that the observed potentiation is a result of this inhibition and not a direct effect of SSRI's at the 5-HT2A and 5-HT2C receptors. ..
- 5-HT & Medication Development for Methamphetamine AbuseT Celeste Napier; Fiscal Year: 2007..These studies will provide new and important preclinical data for the development of medications targeted towards assisting the drug-withdrawn METH addict to stay drug free. ..
- Serotonergic Regulation of Behavioral DisinhibitionStephen Bonasera; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- SEROTONIN 5HT2C RECEPTORS AND THE ACTIONS OF COCAINELaurence Tecott; Fiscal Year: 2001..These studies will provide insights into the serotonergic mechanisms of cocaine action and into the mechanism through which a genetic alteration of serotonin system function leads to a heritable alteration in cocaine responsiveness. ..
- Molecular Diversity of the Serotonin 5-HT2c ReceptorHugh Fentress; Fiscal Year: 2004..This project will give us further insight into the complexity of depression and how genetic diversity in combination with molecular diversity can lead to functional consequences and eventually symptoms of a disease. ..
- STEREOCHEMICAL ASPECTS OF HALLUCINOGENESISDavid Nichols; Fiscal Year: 2007..These studies may lead to a rat model of schizophrenia that could be very useful in developing and understanding new types of antipsychotic agents. ..
- SEROTONIN RECEPTORS IN PHENYLKETONURIC RATSJustus Ike; Fiscal Year: 2000..The findings of this work may contribute toward an understanding of the mechanisms involved in this disease. ..
- INGESTIVE BEHAVIOR IN SEROTONIN RECEPTOR MUTANT MICELaurence Tecott; Fiscal Year: 2004..These goals will be pursued with guidance from outstanding collaborators, allowing Dr. Tecott to develop expertise that will complement his existing neuroanatomical and molecular biology skills. ..
- HYPOTHALAMIC 5-HT2C RECEPTOR CONTROL OF ENERGY BALANCESUSAN AKANA; Fiscal Year: 2001....
- MOLECULAR BIOLOGY OF MUTANT 5-HT2C SEROTONIN RECEPTORSKatharine Herrick Davis; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- MDMA interactions with 5-HT-GABA-DAMICHAEL BANKSON; Fiscal Year: 2005..This will determine the neurochemical consequences of MDMA-induced neurotoxicity and provide insight into the mechanisms that underlie the long-term negative psychological effects associated with MDMA. ..
- 5-HT2 and 5-HT1A Receptors in PKC-gamma Null Mutant MiceBarbara Bowers; Fiscal Year: 2005..The results of these studies will help to elucidate the specific role of PKCgamma, in complex behaviors associated with alcohol dependence. ..
- DISCRIMINATIVE STIMULUS EFFECTS OF ETHANOLKathleen Grant; Fiscal Year: 2004..4) To characterize the 5-HT1D and 5-HT2C modulation of the discriminative stimulus effects of ethanol. ..
- Genetic analysis of Htr2c RNA editing in amygdalaDAVID AIREY; Fiscal Year: 2008unreadable] DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Htr2c RNA editing alters the potential contribution of 5-HT2C receptors to brain function by producing up to 24 receptor isoforms with different signal transduction properties...
- Physiology and genetics of food procurement in rodentsNeil Rowland; Fiscal Year: 2008..The proposed studies will be the first to address the issue of behavioral change induced by anorectics under such conditions of simulated economic costs. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Vulnerability to Addiction: A Role for 5-HT2C Receptor Editing and ExpressionStella Dracheva; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Behavioral Pharmacology of Serotonin Inverse AgoinstsEllen Walker; Fiscal Year: 2006..Taken together, these experiments will provide a novel pharmacological and/or behavioral profile for 5-HT2C inverse agonists and neutral antagonists while testing hypotheses generated from in vitro data. ..
- Behavioral Genetics and Toxic ResponseEdward Levin; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- Marine Toxin Impacts on Neurobehavioral FunctionEdward Levin; Fiscal Year: 2003..The forum will provide an opportunity for methodological and theoretical issues to be integrated in the context of each talk as well as in a discussion session at the end of the symposium. ..
- Cue dependency with intravenous nutrients and nicotineNeil Rowland; Fiscal Year: 2007..These studies may help to develop ways in conditioned preferences can be manipulated to prevent or treat certain addictive disorders, including overeating. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Society for the Stimulus Properties of Drugs SatelliteEllen Walker; Fiscal Year: 2005..The SSPD Satellite to the EBPS 2005 Conference promises to coordinate, exchange, and disseminate information to further our understanding of drug abuse. ..