Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: HTR2A
Description: 5-hydroxytryptamine receptor 2A
Alias: 5-HT2A, HTR2, 5-hydroxytryptamine receptor 2A, 5-HT2 receptor, 5-hydroxytryptamine (serotonin) receptor 2A, G protein-coupled, serotonin 5-HT-2A receptor
Publications275 found, 100 shown here
- A naturally occurring amino acid substitution of the human serotonin 5-HT2A receptor influences amplitude and timing of intracellular calcium mobilizationN Ozaki
Clinical Psychobiology Branch, National Institute of Mental Health, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland, U S A
J Neurochem 68:2186-93. 1997....
- Negative symptoms of schizophrenia could explain discrepant data on the association between the 5-HT2A receptor gene and response to antipsychoticsNora Hamdani
Hôpital Louis Mourier AP HP, Service de Psychiatrie, 178 rue des Renouillers, 92700 Colombes, France
Neurosci Lett 377:69-74. 2005..This data indicate that negative symptoms are worth being systematically assessed in pharmacogenetic studies aimed at analysing candidate genes in schizophrenia...
- A polymorphism in the human serotonin 5-HT2A receptor gene may protect against systemic sclerosis by reducing platelet aggregationLorenzo Beretta
Referral Center for Systemic Autoimmune Diseases, University of Milan and Fondazione IRCCS Ospedale Maggiore Policlinico, Mangiagalli e Regina Elena, Via Pace 9, 20122 Milan, Italy
Arthritis Res Ther 10:R103. 2008....
- Increased abdominal obesity in subjects with a mutation in the 5-HT(2A) receptor gene promoterRoland Rosmond
Department of Clinical Chemistry, Sahlgrenska University Hospital, S 413 45 Goteborg, Sweden
Ann N Y Acad Sci 967:571-5. 2002..The pathophysiology could involve stress factors that destabilize the serotonin-hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal systems in those with genetic vulnerability in the serotonin receptor gene...
- Meta-analysis of association between the 5-HT2a receptor T102C polymorphism and schizophrenia. EMASS Collaborative Group. European Multicentre Association Study of SchizophreniaJ Williams
Lancet 349:1221. 1997
- Sensorimotor gating depends on polymorphisms of the serotonin-2A receptor and catechol-O-methyltransferase, but not on neuregulin-1 Arg38Gln genotype: a replication studyBoris B Quednow
Department of Psychiatry, University of Bonn, Germany
Biol Psychiatry 66:614-20. 2009..Therefore, we aimed to replicate these results and investigated the impact of the related polymorphisms on PPI in healthy human volunteers...
- Association of the HTR2A gene with alcohol and heroin abuseJian Cao
Department of Pathology, School of Medicine, Yale University, New Haven, CT, 06511, USA
Hum Genet 133:357-65. 2014..of rs6313 (102T/C at exon 1) and rs6311 (-1438A/G) on the 5-hydroxytryptamine (serotonin) 2A receptor gene (HTR2A or 5-HT2A) were reported for alcohol and drug abuse; however, other association studies failed to produce ..
- Caveolin-1 interacts with 5-HT2A serotonin receptors and profoundly modulates the signaling of selected Galphaq-coupled protein receptorsAnushree Bhatnagar
Department of Biochemistry, Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine, 2109 Adelbert Road, Cleveland, OH 44106, USA
J Biol Chem 279:34614-23. 2004..These studies provide compelling evidence for a prominent role of Cav-1 in regulating the functional activity of not only 5-HT(2A) serotonin receptors but also selected Galpha(q)-coupled receptors...
- Association of the serotonin transporter and receptor gene polymorphisms in neuropsychiatric symptoms in Alzheimer diseaseFrederic Assal
Department of Neurology, The David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Los Angeles, Calif, USA
Arch Neurol 61:1249-53. 2004..Neuropsychiatric symptoms have been associated with polymorphisms of the promoter region (5-HTTPR ) and intron 2 of the serotonin transporter gene (5-HTTVNTR) or the 5-HT2A and 5-HT2C receptor genes in some but not all studies...
- Influence of serotonin receptor 2A His452Tyr polymorphism on brain temporal structures: a volumetric MR studyNicola Filippini
LENITEM Laboratory of Epidemiology, Neuroimaging, and Telemedicine, IRCCS S Giovanni di Dio FBF, via Pilastroni 4, 25125 Brescia, Italy
Eur J Hum Genet 14:443-9. 2006..These findings should be considered preliminary and future replication is needed...
- Association of risperidone treatment response with a polymorphism in the 5-HT(2A) receptor geneHsien Yuan Lane
Department of Psychiatry, Tzu Chi General Hospital, Institute of Neuroscience, Tzu Chi University, Hualien City, Taiwan
Am J Psychiatry 159:1593-5. 2002..This study investigated the effect of the 102-T/C polymorphism in the 5-HT(2A) receptor gene on risperidone efficacy...
- The 5-HT2A -1438 A/G and 5-HTTLPR polymorphisms and personality dimensions in adolescent anorexia nervosa: association studyFilip Rybakowski
Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Poznan University of Medical Sciences, Poznan, Poland
Neuropsychobiology 53:33-9. 2006..Our results may suggest that the A allele of the -1438 A/G polymorphism confers some genetic risk for adolescent AN patients, especially in those with personality traits, which are typical of the restrictive-type AN...
- Lack of association of serotonin-2A receptor gene polymorphism (T102C) with suicidal ideation and suicideB Bondy
Psychiatric Clinic, University of Munich, Munich, Germany
Am J Med Genet 96:831-5. 2000..Thus, our results suggest that this polymorphism may not commonly be involved in the susceptibility to suicidality. Am. J. Med. Genet. (Neuropsychiatr. Genet.) 96:831-835, 2000...
- 5-HT2A promoter polymorphism -1438G/A in children and adolescents with obsessive-compulsive disordersS Walitza
Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Julius Maximilians University, Wurzburg, Germany
Mol Psychiatry 7:1054-7. 2002..05) between individuals with OCD and controls. In this, to our knowledge, first association study based on children and adolescents with OCD, we confirm an association of the A-allele of the 5-HT2A receptor gene with OCD...
- Analysis of T102C 5HT2A polymorphism in Brazilian psychiatric inpatients: relationship with suicidal behaviorH Correa
Department of Morfologia, Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais UFMG, Belo Horizonte, Brazil
Cell Mol Neurobiol 22:813-7. 2002..4. These results suggest that the 5HT2A gene polymorphism (102T/C) may not be involved in the genetic susceptibility to suicidal behavior...
- The serotonin-2A receptor gene locus does not contain common polymorphism affecting mRNA levels in adult brainN J Bray
Department of Psychological Medicine, University of Wales College of Medicine, Heath Park, Cardiff, UK
Mol Psychiatry 9:109-14. 2004The serotonin-2A (HTR2A) receptor is a molecule of particular interest in biological psychiatry, as it is an important target for psychotropic drugs, and altered HTR2A expression has been found in several neuropsychiatric conditions, ..
- T102C polymorphism of the 5-HT2A receptor gene may be associated with temporomandibular dysfunctionN Mutlu
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Faculty of Dentistry, Selcuk University, Konya, Turkey
Oral Dis 10:349-52. 2004..To assess whether a relationship existed between the T102C polymorphism of 5-HT2A receptor gene and temporomandibular dysfunction...
- Selective verbal and spatial memory impairment after 5-HT1A and 5-HT2A receptor blockade in healthy volunteers pre-treated with an SSRIM Wingen
Experimental Psychopharmacology Unit, Faculty of Psychology, Brain and Behaviour Institute, Maastricht University, The Netherlands
J Psychopharmacol 21:477-85. 2007....
- Psychological, neuroimaging, and biochemical studies on functional association between impulsive behavior and the 5-HT2A receptor gene polymorphism in humansMichio Nomura
Department of Psychology, Tokai Women s University, Nakakirino cho, Kakamigahara, Gifu 504 8511, Japan
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1086:134-43. 2006..This hypothesis was evaluated by using a behavioral task measure that could directly reveal impulsive behavioral traits in humans...
- Association study of serotonin 2A receptor (5-HT2A) and serotonin transporter (5-HTT) gene polymorphisms with schizophreniaPilar A Saiz
Department of Psychiatry, School of Medicine, University of Oviedo, Julián Clavería 6 3 degrees, 33006 Oviedo, Spain
Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry 31:741-5. 2007....
- Assessment of the roles of serines 5.43(239) and 5.46(242) for binding and potency of agonist ligands at the human serotonin 5-HT2A receptorMichael R Braden
Dept of Medicinal Chemistry and Molecular Pharmacology, School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, 575 Stadium Mall Drive, Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN 47907 2091, USA
Mol Pharmacol 72:1200-9. 2007..50, a strong interaction with Ser5.43(239) may be more effective in straightening the kink in helix 5, a feature that is possibly common to all type A GPCRs that have polar residues at position 5.43...
- Lack of association between three serotonin genes and suicidal behavior in Chinese psychiatric patientsJing Zhang
Bio X Center, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, 1954 Huashan Road, Shanghai 200030, PR China
Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry 32:467-71. 2008..to be involved in suicidal behavior and there is evidence of biological abnormalities of two serotonin receptors (HTR2A, HTR2C) and one serotonin transporter (5HTT) in suicide victims...
- Association study of two polymorphisms of the serotonin-2A receptor gene and suicide attemptsConcepcion Vaquero-Lorenzo
Department of Biology, Autonoma University of Madrid, Madrid, Spain
Am J Med Genet B Neuropsychiatr Genet 147:645-9. 2008..The C allele of the T102C polymorphism of the 5-HT2A receptor gene may be associated with biological susceptibility for suicidal behavior or psychiatric conditions...
- Identification of a serotonin/glutamate receptor complex implicated in psychosisJavier Gonzalez-Maeso
Department of Neurology, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, New York 10029, USA
Nature 452:93-7. 2008..These regulatory changes indicate that the 2AR-mGluR2 complex may be involved in the altered cortical processes of schizophrenia, and this complex is therefore a promising new target for the treatment of psychosis...
- Association between serotonin-related gene polymorphisms and suicidal behavior in depressive patientsHo Kyoung Yoon
Department of Psychiatry, College of Medicine, Korea University Ansan Hospital, Republic of Korea
Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry 32:1293-7. 2008..In this study, we aimed to investigate the 5-HT2A receptor (5HTR2A) and tryptophan hydroxylase (TPH) genes for association with suicidal behavior in depressive patients...
- Association between the A-1438G polymorphism of the serotonin 2A receptor gene and nonimpulsive suicide attemptsPilar A Saiz
Department of Psychiatry, School of Medicine, University of Oviedo, CIBER SAM, Julián Claviera 6, Oviedo, Spain
Psychiatr Genet 18:213-8. 2008..To investigate the association between four serotonergic polymorphisms [A-1438G (rs6311) and T102C (rs6313) of the serotonin 2A receptor gene, and STin2 VNTR and 5-HTTLPR of the SLC6A4 gene] and suicidal behavior...
- The serotonin 2A receptor gene in alcohol dependence and tobacco smokingEvelise Regina Polina
Departamento de Genetica, Instituto de Biociencias, Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul, Porto Alegre, RS, Brazil
Drug Alcohol Depend 101:128-31. 2009..Variations in the serotonergic system may influence some aspects of smoking. The serotonin receptor gene HTR2A has been a candidate gene with some evidence for association with alcohol and nicotine dependencies...
- Functional genomics of serotonin receptor 2A (HTR2A): interaction of polymorphism, methylation, expression and disease associationVirginia R Falkenberg
Division of Viral and Rickettsial Diseases, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
Neuromolecular Med 13:66-76. 2011..of a promoter polymorphism, -1438G/A (rs6311), in one of the major genes of this system (serotonin receptor 2A, HTR2A) remains poorly understood in the context of epigenetic factors, transcription factors and endocrine influences...
- Epigenetic dysregulation of HTR2A in the brain of patients with schizophrenia and bipolar disorderHamid Mostafavi Abdolmaleky
Department of Medicine, Biomedical Genetics, Boston University School of Medicine, 72 East Concord Street, Boston, MA 02118, USA
Schizophr Res 129:183-90. 2011b>HTR2A gene has been the subject of numerous studies in psychiatric genetics because LSD, which resembles serotonin causes psychosis and atypical antipsychotic drugs target the HTR2A receptor...
- The CC genotype in HTR2A T102C polymorphism is associated with behavioral impulsivity in alcohol-dependent patientsAndrzej Jakubczyk
Department of Psychiatry, Medical University of Warsaw, Warsaw, Poland
J Psychiatr Res 46:44-9. 2012..Blood was collected and analyzed for the T102C (rs6313) polymorphism in the serotonin type 2A receptor gene (HTR2A)...
- Converging evidence for the association of functional genetic variation in the serotonin receptor 2a gene with prefrontal function and olanzapine treatmentGiuseppe Blasi
Group of Psychiatric Neuroscience, Department of Neuroscience and Sense Organs, Aldo Moro University, Bari, Italy
JAMA Psychiatry 70:921-30. 2013..Furthermore, newer antipsychotic drugs target 5-HT2AR. A single-nucleotide polymorphism in the 5-HT2AR gene (HTR2A rs6314, C>T; OMIM 182135) has been weakly associated with differential 5-HT2AR signaling and with physiologic ..
- Association between schizophrenia and T102C polymorphism of the 5-hydroxytryptamine type 2a-receptor gene. European Multicentre Association Study of Schizophrenia (EMASS) GroupJ Williams
Department of Psychological Medicine, University of Wales College of Medicine, Cardiff, UK
Lancet 347:1294-6. 1996..We looked for an association between schizophrenia and this variant of the 5-HT2a-receptor gene in a large multicentre study...
- Systematic screening for mutations in the human serotonin-2A (5-HT2A) receptor gene: identification of two naturally occurring receptor variants and association analysis in schizophreniaJ Erdmann
Institute of Human Genetics, University of Bonn, Germany
Hum Genet 97:614-9. 1996..However, the reported association of the non-coding polymorphism 102T/C with the disease has also been detected in our sample (P=0.041, odds ratio=1.28, 95% confidence interval 1.012-1.623)...
- Regulation of serotonin-2C receptor G-protein coupling by RNA editingC M Burns
Department of Pharmacology, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, Tennessee 37232 6600, USA
Nature 387:303-8. 1997....
- Identification and localization of a skeletal muscle secrotonin 5-HT2A receptor coupled to the Jak/STAT pathwayI Guillet-Deniau
Centre de Recherches sur l Endocrinologie Moléculaire et le Développement, CNRS, UPR 1511, 9, rue Jules Hetzel, 92 190 Meudon, France
J Biol Chem 272:14825-9. 1997..The presence of serotonin receptors in T-tubules suggests a role for serotonin in excitation-contraction coupling and (or) an effect in skeletal muscle fiber repairing...
- Association between the serotonin 2A receptor gene and tardive dyskinesia in chronic schizophreniaR H Segman
Biological Psychiatry Laboratory, Department of Psychiatry, Hadassah Hebrew University Medical Center, Jerusalem, Israel
Mol Psychiatry 6:225-9. 2001..2) We examined the association of three polymorphisms in the 5-HT2A receptor gene (HTR2A) with TD susceptibility--T102C(3) and his452tyr(4) in the coding region and A-1438G(5) in the promoter--in matched ..
- Association analysis of HTR6 and HTR2A polymorphisms in sporadic Alzheimer's diseaseJ Thome
Laboratory of Biochemistry, Central Institute of Mental Health, Mannheim, Federal Republic of Germany
J Neural Transm (Vienna) 108:1175-80. 2001..psychiatric inpatients without symptoms of dementia were genotyped for polymorphisms of HTR6 (267C/T) and HTR2A (-1438G/A)...
- Association of T102C polymorphism of the 5-HT2A receptor gene with psychiatric status in fibromyalgia syndromeS Gursoy
Department of PMR, Medical Hospital, Kolejtep Gaziantep, Turkey
Rheumatol Int 21:58-61. 2001..CONCLUSION. T102C polymorphism of the 5-HT2A receptor gene is not associated with the etiology of FS. Our results also indicate that the T/T genotype may be responsible for psychiatric symptoms of FS...
- Differential expression of the "C" and "T" alleles of the 5-HT2A receptor gene in the temporal cortex of normal individuals and schizophrenicsOxana O Polesskaya
Molecular Neurobiology Branch, National Institute on Drug Abuse, NIH, Baltimore, Maryland 21224, USA
J Neurosci Res 67:812-22. 2002..03). The data suggest that increased prevalence of allele "C" among schizophrenics may be due to intrinsically low expression of this allele, which may contribute to a deficit in 5-HT2AR expression in some schizophrenics...
- Serotonin 5-HT(2A) receptor gene polymorphism, 5-HT(2A) receptor function and personality traits in healthy subjects: a negative studyIchiro Kusumi
Department of Psychiatry, Hokkaido University School of Medicine, North 15, West 7, Sapporo 060 8638, Japan
J Affect Disord 68:235-41. 2002..We therefore examined the relationship between personality traits, the 5-HT(2A) receptor function, and 5-HT(2A) receptor gene polymorphisms...
- 5-HT2A receptor gene promoter polymorphism in relation to abdominal obesity and cortisolRoland Rosmond
Department of Clinical Chemistry, Sahlgrenska University Hospital, Goteborg, Sweden
Obes Res 10:585-9. 2002....
- 5-Hydroxytryptamine 5-HT2A receptor and 5-hydroxytryptamine transporter polymorphisms in acute myocardial infarctionEliecer Coto
Genética Molecular Instituto Investigación Nefrológica IRSIN FRIAT, Hospital Central de Asturias, 33006 Oviedo, Spain
Clin Sci (Lond) 104:241-5. 2003..This could be a consequence of the lower 5-HTT levels linked to the s allele, so that individuals homozygous for the ss genotype may have lower 5-HT re-uptake by platelets...
- Imaging of the 5-HT2A system: age-, gender-, and Alzheimer's disease-related findingsJ Versijpt
Department of Biological Psychiatry, Groningen University Hospital, Groningen, The Netherlands
Neurobiol Aging 24:553-61. 2003..The fact that the 5-HT(2A) receptor is differentially affected in AD patients has implications for both the etiological basis and therapeutic management of AD...
- A systematic review of association studies investigating genes coding for serotonin receptors and the serotonin transporter: II. Suicidal behaviorM Anguelova
Dougals Hospital Research Center, McGill University, Montreal, Canada
Mol Psychiatry 8:646-53. 2003..09 CI : 0.93-1.27, P=0.319). The 5-HTT result was robust and remained significant following sensitivity analysis, suggesting that 5-HTT may play a role in the predisposition to suicide...
- Meta-analysis of association between the T102C polymorphism of the 5HT2a receptor gene and schizophreniaHamid Mostafavi Abdolmaleky
Department of Psychiatry, Harvard Medical School, Massachusetts Mental Health Center, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Schizophr Res 67:53-62. 2004..The gene HTR2A, which codes for the 5HT2a receptor, is located in this area...
- No association of the T102C polymorphism of the serotonin 2A receptor gene (HTR2A) with suicidality in schizophreniaAygun Ertugrul
Department of Psychiatry, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Psychiatric Hospital at Vanderbilt, 1601 23rd Avenue South Suite 306, Nashville, TN 37212 8645, USA
Schizophr Res 69:301-5. 2004..role of serotonin (5-HT) in the pathogenesis of suicidal behavior is provided by a recent report that the 5-HT2A (HTR2A) T102C polymorphism was associated with suicidality in patients with major depression...
- Association of serotonin 5-HT2A receptor binding and the T102C polymorphism in depressed and healthy Caucasian subjectsVadim D Khait
Department of Neuroscience, New York State Psychiatric Institute, New York, NY 10032, USA
Neuropsychopharmacology 30:166-72. 2005..The TT genotype appears associated with higher platelet 5-HT2A Bmax in the healthy population, but this genotypic effect appears absent in mood disorders and unrelated to psychopathology...
- Polymorphism of the 5-HT2A receptor gene and food intakes in children and adolescents: the Stanislas Family StudyBernard Herbeth
From INSERM U525, Epidemiologic and Molecular Genetics of Cardiovascular Diseases, Faculte de Pharmacie, Nancy, France, and the Centre de Médecine Préventive, Vandoeuvre les Nancy, France
Am J Clin Nutr 82:467-70. 2005..An association between a polymorphism of the 5-HT receptor (5-HT2A) gene promoter (-1438G/A) and anorexia nervosa has been reported...
- Serotonin-2A and 2C receptor gene polymorphisms in Japanese patients with obstructive sleep apneaKunihiko Sakai
Division of Respiratory Medicine, Niigata University Graduate School of Medical and Dental Sciences, Japan
Intern Med 44:928-33. 2005..Polymorphisms in the 5-HT 2A receptor gene (HTR2A) and 5-HT 2C receptor gene (HTR2C) are associated with various diseases...
- Association of the -1438G/A polymorphism of the 5-HT2A receptor gene with obstructive sleep apnea syndromeYildirim A Bayazit
Department of Otolaryngology, Faculty of Medicine, Gazi University, Ankara, Turkey
ORL J Otorhinolaryngol Relat Spec 68:123-8. 2006..The objective in this study was to assess the significance of T102C and -1438G/A polymorphisms of the 5-HT2A receptor gene in OSAS...
- Variation in the gene encoding the serotonin 2A receptor is associated with outcome of antidepressant treatmentFrancis J McMahon
Genetic Basis of Mood and Anxiety Disorders, National Institute of Mental Health NIMH, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892 3719, USA
Am J Hum Genet 78:804-14. 2006..We detected significant and reproducible association between treatment outcome and a marker in HTR2A (P range 1 x 10(-6) to 3.7 x 10(-5) in the total sample)...
- Serotonin genes and attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder in a Brazilian sample: preferential transmission of the HTR2A 452His allele to affected boysAna Paula M Guimarães
Departamento de Genetica, Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul, Porto Alegre, Brazil
Am J Med Genet B Neuropsychiatr Genet 144:69-73. 2007..of the serotonin transporter (SLC6A4) and two polymorphisms (-1438 A > G and His452Tyr) in the serotonin 5-HTR2A receptor gene using family based association analyses in a sample of 243 Brazilian ADHD children and adolescents ..
- Family-based association study of serotonergic candidate genes and attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder in a German sampleP Heiser
Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, Philipps University, Marburg, Germany
J Neural Transm (Vienna) 114:513-21. 2007..in three genes (serotonin transporter (5-HTT), serotonin receptor 1B (5-HTR1B) and serotonin receptor 2A (5-HTR2A)), which have previously been shown to be associated with ADHD...
- Supportive evidence for the association between the T102C 5-HTR2A gene polymorphism and schizophrenia: a large-scale case-control and family-based studyV E Golimbet
Mental Health Research Center, Russian Academy of Medical Sciences, Zagorodnoe sh, 2 2, Moscow, 117152, Russia
Eur Psychiatry 22:167-70. 2007Serotonin type 2A receptors (5-HTR2A) have long been implicated in schizophrenia pathology...
- Prediction of response to paroxetine and venlafaxine by serotonin-related genes in obsessive-compulsive disorder in a randomized, double-blind trialDamiaan Denys
Department of Psychiatry, The Rudolf Magnus Institute of Neuroscience, University Medical Center Utrecht, Utrecht, The Netherlands
J Clin Psychiatry 68:747-53. 2007..The purpose of the present study was to determine whether polymorphisms of the serotonin transporter (5-HTT), 5-HT1B, and 5-HT2A receptor genes affect the efficacy of SRI treatment in OCD...
- Association study of T102C 5-HT(2A) polymorphism in schizophrenic patients: diagnosis, psychopathology, and suicidal behaviorHumberto Correa
Departamento de Saude Mental, Faculdade de Medicina, Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais, 30 130 100 Av Alfredo Balena, 190, Belo Horizonte, Brazil
Dialogues Clin Neurosci 9:97-101. 2007..These results suggest that the 5-HT(2A) gene polymorphism (102T/C) is not involved in genetic susceptibility to suicidal behavior, but further studies in a larger sample are needed...
- Impact of the -1438G>a polymorphism in the serotonin 2A receptor gene on anthropometric profile and obesity risk: a case-control study in a Spanish Mediterranean populationJose V Sorli
Genetic and Molecular Epidemiology Unit, Department of Preventive Medicine and Public Health, Valencia University, Valencia, Spain
Appetite 50:260-5. 2008..The polymorphism -1438G>A in the serotonin 2A receptor or 5-hydroxytriptamine (5-HT) type 2A receptor (5-HTR2A) gene has been associated with alterations in food intake such as anorexia and bulimia...
- 5-HT2A receptor density is decreased in the at-risk mental stateRene Hurlemann
Brain Imaging Center West, Research Center Juelich, 52425, Juelich, Germany
Psychopharmacology (Berl) 195:579-90. 2008..Current perspectives on the pathophysiology of schizophrenia direct attention to serotonergic (serotonin, 5-HT) dysregulation in the prodrome or at-risk mental state (ARMS)...
- Exploration of 19 serotoninergic candidate genes in adults and children with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder identifies association for 5HT2A, DDC and MAOBM Ribases
Department of Psychiatry, Hospital Universitari Vall d Hebron, Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain
Mol Psychiatry 14:71-85. 2009....
- Genetic evaluation of the serotonergic system in chronic fatigue syndromeAlicia K Smith
Division of Viral and Rickettsial Diseases, National Center for Infectious Diseases, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 1600 Clifton Road, MSG41, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
Psychoneuroendocrinology 33:188-97. 2008..A total of 77 polymorphisms in genes related to serotonin synthesis (TPH2), signaling (HTR1A, HTR1E, HTR2A, HTR2B, HTR2C, HTR3A, HTR3B, HTR4, HTR5A, HTR6, and HTR7), transport (SLC6A4), and catabolism (MAOA) were examined ..
- Sensorimotor gating of schizophrenia patients is influenced by 5-HT2A receptor polymorphismsBoris B Quednow
Department of Psychiatry, University of Bonn, Germany
Biol Psychiatry 64:434-7. 2008..Moreover, both schizophrenia and PPI are thought to be inheritable. We investigated the impact of three 5-HT(2A)R polymorphisms (A-1438G, T102C, H452Y) on PPI in schizophrenia patients...
- The His452Tyr variant of the gene encoding the 5-HT2A receptor is specifically associated with consolidation of episodic memory in humansMichael Wagner
Department of Psychiatry, University of Bonn, Bonn, Germany
Int J Neuropsychopharmacol 11:1163-7. 2008..Results suggest a possible role of 5-HT2A receptors in memory consolidation. Serotonergic drugs may have the potential to improve memory...
- The influence of serotonin- and other genes on impulsive behavioral aggression and cognitive impulsivity in children with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD): Findings from a family-based association test (FBAT) analysisRobert D Oades
Clinic for Child and Adolescent Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, University of Duisburg Essen, Essen, Germany
Behav Brain Funct 4:48. 2008..Here we demonstrate the separation of aggressive and cognitive components of impulsivity from symptom ratings and test their association with 5-HT and functionally related genes using a family-based association test (FBAT-PC)...
- Pharmacological characterization of mitogen-activated protein kinase activation by recombinant human 5-HT2C, 5-HT2A, and 5-HT2B receptorsChristopher S Knauer
Department of Neuroscience Biology, Pfizer Global Research and Development, Pfizer Inc, Eastern Point Road, Groton, CT 06340, USA
Naunyn Schmiedebergs Arch Pharmacol 379:461-71. 2009..This profile differs from reports of "agonist-directed trafficking of receptor stimulus" between PI/Ca(2+) and AA pathways activated by 5-HT(2) receptors...
- Elevated 5-HT 2A receptors in postmortem prefrontal cortex in major depression is associated with reduced activity of protein kinase AR C Shelton
Department of Psychiatry, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, TN 37212, USA
Neuroscience 158:1406-15. 2009..The correlation of 5-HT(2A) receptor levels with PKA activity in the depressed group suggests that abnormalities of 5-HT(2A) receptor abundance may depend on receptor uncoupling and heterologous regulation by PKA...
- TPH2 -703G/T SNP may have important effect on susceptibility to suicidal behavior in major depressionHo Kyoung Yoon
Department of Psychiatry, College of Medicine, Korea University, Republic of Korea
Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry 33:403-9. 2009..In this study, we aimed to investigate the association of serotonin 2A receptor gene -1438A/G SNP (HTR2A -1438A/G), tryptophan hydroxylase 2 gene -703G/T SNP (TPH2 -703G/T) and serotonin 1A receptor C-1019G (HTR1A C-..
- Candidate gene studies of ADHD: a meta-analytic reviewIan R Gizer
Department of Genetics, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 120 Mason Farm Road, Room 5015 Genetic Medicine Building CB 7264, Chapel Hill, NC 27599 7264, USA
Hum Genet 126:51-90. 2009..g., ADHD subtype diagnoses, gender, exposure to environmental risk factors). We conclude with a discussion of these findings in relation to emerging themes relevant to future studies of the genetics of ADHD...
- Polymorphisms of serotonin receptor 2A and 2C genes and COMT in relation to obesity and type 2 diabetesSofia I I Kring
Institute of Preventive Medicine, Copenhagen University Hospital, Centre for Health and Society, Copenhagen, Denmark
PLoS ONE 4:e6696. 2009..We investigated the associations of single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) of these genes with obesity and metabolic traits...
- Evidence for interaction between 5-hydroxytryptamine (serotonin) receptor 2A and MHC type II molecules in the development of rheumatoid arthritisMaria Seddighzadeh
Rheumatology Unit, Department of Medicine, Karolinska Institutet, Karolinska University Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
Eur J Hum Genet 18:821-6. 2010..Recently, we found that HTR2A, a member of the serotonin receptor family, is associated with rheumatoid arthritis (RA)...
- Association of polymorphisms of the serotonergic pathways with clinical traits of impulsive-aggression and suicidality in adolescents: a multi-center studyGil Zalsman
Child and Adolescent Psychiatry Division, Geha Mental Health Center, Petach Tikva, Israel
World J Biol Psychiatry 12:33-41. 2011..This study evaluated association between common polymorphisms in the serotonergic and adrenergic candidate genes (HTR2A, 5HTTLPR, and MAOA) and suicidality, psychopathology and aggression in adolescents.
- Association of polymorphisms in HTR2A, HTR1A and TPH2 genes with suicide attempts in alcohol dependence: a preliminary reportMałgorzata Wrzosek
Department of Biochemistry and Clinical Chemistry, Medical University of Warsaw, Warsaw, Poland
Psychiatry Res 190:149-51. 2011We investigated a relationship between selected polymorphisms: rs6313 in HTR2A, rs6295 in HTR1A and rs1386494 in TPH2, and suicidal behaviour in 150 alcohol-dependent patients...
- Association of the 5-HT2A receptor gene polymorphisms with obstructive sleep apnea hypopnea syndrome in Chinese Han populationGuoping Yin
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Affiliated Beijing Tongren Hospital, Capital Medical University, Ministry of Education, 1 Dongjiaominxiang Street, Beijing, China
Acta Otolaryngol 132:203-9. 2012..Different genotypes of -1438G/A polymorphism may influence the ventilatory activity in response to hypoxia, and in turn the sleep breath status...
- Relationship of obstructive sleep apnea syndrome with the 5-HT2A receptor gene in Brazilian patientsThiago Bittencourt Ottoni de Carvalho
Department of Otorhinolaryngology and Sleep Disorder Out Clinics, Sao Jose do Rio Preto Medical School, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Sleep Breath 17:57-62. 2013..Polymorphisms in the 5-HT2A receptor gene can alter its transcription, affecting the number of receptors in the serotoninergic system, contributing to obstructive sleep apnea syndrome (OSAS)...
- Family-based study of HTR2A in suicide attempts: observed gene, gene × environment and parent-of-origin associationsY J Ben-Efraim
The National Centre for Suicide Research and Prevention of Mental Ill Health, Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden
Mol Psychiatry 18:758-66. 2013..by serotonergic system alterations, specific associations with genetic variation in the serotonin 2A receptor (HTR2A) gene have been inconsistent...
- Identification of three residues essential for 5-hydroxytryptamine 2A-metabotropic glutamate 2 (5-HT2A·mGlu2) receptor heteromerization and its psychoactive behavioral functionJose L Moreno
Department of Psychiatry, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, New York 10029, USA
J Biol Chem 287:44301-19. 2012..Together, these findings provide structural evidence for the unique behavioral function of a GPCR heteromer...
- Platelet serotonin transporter and 5-HT2A receptor binding in adolescents with eating disordersJeanette Sigurdh
Department of Clinical Sciences, Division of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Umea University, Umea, Sweden
Int J Neurosci 123:333-8. 2013....
- HTR2A-1438A/G polymorphism influences the risk of schizophrenia but not bipolar disorder or major depressive disorder: a meta-analysisLian Gu
Department of Internal Neurology, First Affiliated Hospital, Guangxi University of Chinese Medicine, Nanning, Guangxi, People s Republic of China
J Neurosci Res 91:623-33. 2013..a strong genetic component, and we conducted this study to investigate whether the -1438A/G polymorphism of the HTR2A gene was associated with susceptibility to schizophrenia (SZ), bipolar disorder (BD), and major depressive ..
- The secret ingredient for social success of young males: a functional polymorphism in the 5HT2A serotonin receptor geneJan Kornelis Dijkstra
Department of Sociology and Interuniversity Center for Social Science Theory and Methodology ICS, University of Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands
PLoS ONE 8:e54821. 2013..This seems to be an "enhancer" effect of the G-allele whereby popularity relevant characteristics are made more noticeable. There is no "popularity gene", as the G-allele by itself had no effect on popularity...
- Candidate gene associations with withdrawn behaviorDavid H Rubin
Weill Cornell Medical College, New York, NY, USA
J Child Psychol Psychiatry 54:1337-45. 2013..The aim of this study is to identify associations between known psychiatric candidate genes and a dimensionally derived measure of withdrawn behavior...
- Assignment of a serotonin 5HT-2 receptor gene (HTR2) to human chromosome 13q14-q21 and mouse chromosome 14R S Sparkes
Department of Medicine, UCLA School of Medicine
Genomics 9:461-5. 1991A gene for serotonin 5HT-2 receptor (HTR2) is assigned to human chromosome 13 by somatic cell hybrids and to region 13q14-q21 by in situ hybridization. It is assigned to mouse chromosome 14 by somatic cell hybrid analysis.
- Association of 5HT2A receptor gene polymorphism and alcohol abuse with behavior problemsH G Hwu
Department of Psychiatry, College of Medicine, National Taiwan University, Taipei, Taiwan
Am J Med Genet 96:797-800. 2000..Am. J. Med. Genet. (Neuropsychiatr. Genet.) 96:797-800, 2000...
- No association between suicidal behavior and 5-HT2A-T102C polymorphism in alcohol dependentsU W Preuss
Am J Med Genet 96:877-8. 2000
- No evidence for association of 5-HT2A receptor polymorphism with suicideJ Crawford
Am J Med Genet 96:879-80. 2000
- Association of the T102C polymorphism of 5-HT2A receptor gene with aura in migraineM E Erdal
Department of Medical Biology and Genetics, Faculty of Medicine, Mersin University, Mersin, Turkey
J Neurol Sci 188:99-101. 2001..To find out the significance of the 5-HT2A receptor gene polymorphism in migraine...
- 5-HT2A receptor gene promoter polymorphism -1438A/G and bipolar disorderI S Chee
Department of Psychiatry, Chungnam National University Hospital, College of Medicine, Chungnam National University, Jung ku, Taejon, Korea
Psychiatr Genet 11:111-4. 2001..Although further studies are necessary, these results in a Korean population suggest that -1438A/G polymorphism of 5-HT2A receptor gene promoter may be causally related to the development of bipolar disorder...
- The 5-HT(2A) receptor gene 102T/C polymorphism is associated with suicidal behavior in depressed patientsB Arias
Unitat d Antropologia, Departament de Biologia Animal, Facultat de Biologia, Universitat de Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Am J Med Genet 105:801-4. 2001....
- Depression in Alzheimer's disease: the effect of serotonin receptor gene variationClive Holmes
University of Southampton, Clinical Neurosciences Research Division, Memory Assessment and Research Centre, Moorgreen Hospital, Southampton, United Kingdom
Am J Med Genet B Neuropsychiatr Genet 119:40-3. 2003..In addition, homozygous or hemizygous carriers of the 5-HT2C Ser allele were 12 times more likely to have major depressive illness than homozygous or hemizygous carriers of the 5-HT2C Cys allele...
- A functional genetic variation of the 5-HT2a receptor affects human memoryDominique J F de Quervain
Division of Psychiatry Research, University of Zurich, Lenggstr 31, 8029 Zurich, Switzerland
Nat Neurosci 6:1141-2. 2003..Therefore, we investigated a functional variation of a memory-related serotonin receptor in 349 healthy young volunteers, and found 21% poorer memory performance in subjects with the rare variant...
- Association between major depressive disorder and the -1438A/G polymorphism of the serotonin 2A receptor geneMyoung Jin Choi
Department of Psychiatry, Korea University College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
Neuropsychobiology 49:38-41. 2004..effect of the -1438A/G single-nucleotide polymorphism in the promoter region of the serotonin 2A receptor (5-HTR2A) gene on major depressive disorder (MDD) in a Korean population...
- The -1438A/G polymorphism in the 5-hydroxytryptamine type 2A receptor gene affects promoter activityMichael J Parsons
Department of Clinical Neuropharmacology, Institute of Psychiatry, King s College London, London, United Kingdom
Biol Psychiatry 56:406-10. 2004..SNP) lies just upstream of two alternative promoters for the 5-hydroxytryptamine type 2A (5-HT2A) receptor gene (HTR2A) and is in strong linkage disequilibrium with the 102T/C SNP...
- Age-dependent effects of the 5-hydroxytryptamine-2a-receptor polymorphism (His452Tyr) on human memoryAndreas Papassotiropoulos
Division of Psychiatry Research, University of Zurich, Lenggstr 31, 8029 Zurich, Switzerland
Neuroreport 16:839-42. 2005..In the group of elderly cognitively healthy participants, the His452Tyr genotype did not affect memory performance. We conclude that age strongly modulates the effect of the 5-HT2a receptor polymorphism at residue 452 on episodic memory...
- Family-based association study of 5-HTTLPR and the 5-HT2A receptor gene polymorphisms with autism spectrum disorder in Korean triosIn Hee Cho
Department of Psychiatry, Gachon University of Medicine and Science, 1198 Guwol dong, Namdong gu, Incheon, 405 760, Republic of Korea
Brain Res 1139:34-41. 2007..Promoter region polymorphisms (5-HTTLPR) of the serotonin transporter gene (SLC6A4) and the 5-HT2A receptor gene (HTR2A) have been studied as potential candidate genes in autism spectrum disorder (ASD)...
- [Genetic basis of time perception in athletes]G V Portnova
Zh Vyssh Nerv Deiat Im I P Pavlova 57:450-60. 2007..The current study reveals that these physiological mechanisms have different molecular-neurochemical basis that helps to overcome the gap between the investigation on systemic and molecular levels...
- Polymorphisms of the serotonin-2A receptor and catechol-O-methyltransferase genes: a study on fibromyalgia susceptibilityBerna Tander
Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Ondokuzmayis University School of Medicine, 55139 Kurupelit, Samsun, Turkey
Rheumatol Int 28:685-91. 2008..05). Our results suggest that the investigated polymorphisms seem not to be the susceptibility factors in etiology of FMS...
- Transcriptome alterations in the prefrontal cortex of subjects with schizophrenia who committed suicideKrassimira Garbett
Department of Psychiatry, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, TN 37232, USA
Neuropsychopharmacol Hung 10:9-14. 2008..Furthermore, the observed gene expression signature contains a prefrontal cortical downregulation of the HTR2A serotonin receptor transcript, strengthening previously reported genetic susceptibility reports...
- A nonlinear relationship between cerebral serotonin transporter and 5-HT(2A) receptor binding: an in vivo molecular imaging study in humansDavid Erritzoe
Neurobiology Research Unit and PET and Cyclotron Unit, University Hospital Rigshospitalet, Copenhagen, Denmark
J Neurosci 30:3391-7. 2010..That is, the observed association between the 5-HT(2A) receptor and SERT binding could be driven by the projection output from the raphe nuclei, but other explanations are also at hand...
- Association analysis of the catechol-o-methyltransferase (COMT), serotonin transporter (5-HTT) and serotonin 2A receptor (5HT2A) gene polymorphisms with obsessive-compulsive disorderI Meira-Lima
Department of Psychiatry, University of Sao Paulo Medical School, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Genes Brain Behav 3:75-9. 2004..The results suggest that the C516T variant of the 5HT2A gene may be one of the genetic risk factors for OCD in our sample. However, further studies using larger samples and family based methods are recommended to confirm these findings...
- Lack of association between 5HT2A receptor gene haplotype, bipolar disorder and its clinical subtypes in a West European sampleBruno Etain
Department of Psychiatry, Henri Mondor Hospital, AP HP, Creteil, France
Am J Med Genet B Neuropsychiatr Genet 129:29-33. 2004..Our study suggests that the 5HT2AR gene is unlikely to be involved in genetic susceptibility to BPAD but should be further investigated in a pharmacogenetic study...
- T102C polymorphisms at the 5-HT2A receptor gene in Turkish schizophrenia patients: a possible association with prognosisHasan Herken
Department of Psychiatry, Medical Faculty of Gaziantep University, Kolejtepe Hastanesi, 27200, TR Gaziantep, Turkey
Neuropsychobiology 47:27-30. 2003..Serotonergic system abnormalities have been implicated in the pathogenesis of schizophrenia. The 5-HT2A receptor gene polymorphism has long been implicated to play a role in the pathogenesis of schizophrenia...
- Serotonin 2A receptor gene polymorphism and personality traits: no evidence for significant associationMamoru Tochigi
Department of Neuropsychiatry, Graduate School of Medicine, University of Tokyo, Japan
Psychiatr Genet 15:67-9. 2005..Thus, the present study provided no evidence for statistically significant associations between the 5-HT2A polymorphisms and the personality traits...
- Inferring candidate genes for attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) assessed by the World Health Organization Adult ADHD Self-Report Scale (ASRS)M Reuter
Department of Psychology, University of Giessen, Germany
J Neural Transm (Vienna) 113:929-38. 2006..52, p = 0.020) and the total ASRS scale (F(1, 201) = 4.21, p = 0.042) with highest scores in carriers of the TT genotype. The data provide evidence for the structural as well as for the external validity of the ASRS...
- NEUROBEHAVIORAL PHARMACOLOGY OF STIMULANTSKathryn A Cunningham; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- 5-HT2A RECEPTOR STRUCTURE: AN INTEGRATED APPROACHRichard Westkaemper; Fiscal Year: 2006..This is one of the first times that a combined approach, utilizing receptor modeling, model-specific ligand design, and model-directed mutagenesis, has been applied to 5-HT receptors. ..
- Bryan L Roth; Fiscal Year: 2014..The overall goals of this application are to determine how certain serotonin receptors (htr2A and htr2C) are regulated by the processes of neuronal targeting, trafficking and phosophorylation-induced post-..
- Bryan L Roth; Fiscal Year: 2016....
- TWO TYPES OF MONOAMINE OXIDASEJean Chen Shih; Fiscal Year: 2013..abstract_text> ..
- David A Morilak; Fiscal Year: 2016..The results will therefore generate new knowledge upon which to develop strategies that are more customized, rapid, specific and effective in the treatment of depression. ..
- SELECTIVE SEROTONERGIC AGENTSRICHARD GLENNON; Fiscal Year: 2004..Radioligand binding and functional assays will be conducted. The 5-HT1F ligand is not selective; we propose to explore its structure-activity relationships and functional activity in an attempt to develop a 5-HT1F-selective ligand. ..
- Rick G Schnellmann; Fiscal Year: 2016..Ultimately, these studies may lead to new therapeutic approaches to increase cell and organ survival and function in numerous pathologic conditions. ..
- DORSAL RAPHE NUCLEUS SEROTONIN NEURONS IN ALCOHOLISMMark D Underwood; Fiscal Year: 2012....
- Mechanisms of 5HT2A Receptor DesensitizationNancy A Muma; Fiscal Year: 2012..By discovering the molecular mechanisms underlying signaling and desensitization of 5-HT2A receptor signaling, new targets for therapeutic intervention will be identified. ..
- Javier Gonzalez-Maeso; Fiscal Year: 2016..The characterization of the structure of the neuroreceptor will extend our understanding of the molecular basis of psychosis, and may provide a route to the development of new, more effective drugs for the treatment of schizophrenia. ..
- 5-HT2A BINDING DIFFERENCES IN LATE LIFE DEPRESSIONSYvette Sheline; Fiscal Year: 2001..This information will lead to better understanding of the pathogenesis of late life depression and may contribute to improvements in antidepressants treatment design. ..
- MICHAEL VINCENT LEVINE; Fiscal Year: 2015..I will produce new experimentally testable hypotheses and work with experimental collaborators in the design of new types of experiments aimed at expanding the understanding the mechanisms of such drugs and medications. ..
- Ming Li; Fiscal Year: 2014..Such knowledge will, in turn, enhance our understanding of the neurobiological basis of psychosis and help screen future novel antipsychotic drugs. ..
- Jay A Gingrich; Fiscal Year: 2014..due to its dense innervation by serotonergic neurons and its high level of expression of serotonin 2A receptors (Htr2A)...
- AMELIA GALLITANO; Fiscal Year: 2016..2 we will use quantitative RT-PCR to determine the ability of environmental stress to modulate the regulation of Htr2a by Egr3...
- Allan T Gulledge; Fiscal Year: 2016....
- Methylphenidate Use to Improve Outcomes in Geriatric DepressionHelen Lavretsky; Fiscal Year: 2012..e., COMT, DAT1, DRD4) and sertonergic neurotransmission (i.e., HTR2A) in the clinical and cognitive response to treatment with methylphenidate and citalopram...
- Biobehavioral Genetics of CVD RiskIndrani Halder; Fiscal Year: 2013..aims to comprehensively test several genes in the serotonin pathway (SLC6A4, MAOA, TPH1, TPH2, HTR1A, HTR1B, HTR2A, HTR2C) and genes of inflammatory markers (ILIp, IL6, CRP, TNFa, SELE, SELP, ICAM 1, VCAM 1) for association with ..
- Biobehavioral Genetics of CVD RiskIndrani Halder; Fiscal Year: 2010..project aims to comprehensively test genes in the serotonin pathway (SLC6A4, MAOA, TPH1, TPH2, HTR1A, HTR1B, HTR2A, HTR2C) and inflammatory marker genes (IL1B, IL6,TNFa, CRP, SELE, SELF, ICAM1, VCAM1) for association with ..
- Chemistry and Biology of 5-HT2C Receptor Ligands for Drug AbuseALAN PAUL KOZIKOWSKI; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Ming Li; Fiscal Year: 2016..It will help identify the behavioral processes linking altered maternal behavior and postpartum depression. ..
- Effect of chronic antipsychotic medication administration on cocaine poisoningKENNON JAMES HEARD; Fiscal Year: 2010..Identifying the involved receptor systems will facilitate future studies to determine if chronic APM therapy causes the same receptor changes in humans and, therefore, may cause similar altered susceptibility to cocaine poisoning. ..
- Hubert V Forster; Fiscal Year: 2016....
- LATHAM FINK; Fiscal Year: 2015....
- Neuroendocrine Supersensitivity of 5-HT2A ReceptorsGONZALO ANDRES CARRASCO; Fiscal Year: 2010..These studies will further our understanding of the neurobiological mechanisms associated with withdrawal from cannabinoids, in order to refine therapy to reduce craving and relapse. ..
- A Novel Approach of beta Cell Replacement to Reverse Type I Diabetes in NOD MiceRoland M Tisch; Fiscal Year: 2013..In addition, differential expression of the serotonin receptor Htr2 by beta cells has also been shown to play a key role in regulating beta cell replication during pregnancy...
- William J McBride; Fiscal Year: 2016..A better understanding of the complex basic brain mechanisms that contribute to high alcohol drinking behavior is critical for the development of treatment strategies for alcohol abuse. ..
- MODERATE LEVEL PRENATAL ALCOHOL EXPOSURE IN PRIMATESMary L Schneider; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- A Role for Serotonin in the Production and Learning of SongWilliam Wood; Fiscal Year: 2012..a strong excitatory effect of 5-HT on the projection neurons of the premotor song nucleus RA, mediated via 5-HT2A (HTR2A) receptors...
- Kathryn A Cunningham; Fiscal Year: 2015....
- Kathryn A Cunningham; Fiscal Year: 2016....
- Jeffrey L Benovic; Fiscal Year: 2016..These studies will provide important insight that is highly relevant to not only understanding GRKs in the worm but also to understanding how GRKs function in humans. ..
- Crosstalk among Growth Factors, ADAMs and IntegrinsMonika Gooz; Fiscal Year: 2010..involved in GPCR-RTK cross-talk? c) Does overexpression of a TACE enzyme lacking the disintegrin domain alter signaling? d) Is physical interaction of TACE with integrins necessary for the GPCR-RTK cross-talk to occur? ..
- Role of serotonin in auditory cortex regulation following early-onset sensorineurGREGORY BASURA; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- 5HTT and 5-HT2A Receptors in Impulsive Aggression and Effects of FluoxetineLarry J Siever; Fiscal Year: 2012..These studies will help our understanding of an important brain chemical, serotonin, which is related to aggression, and how it is affected by antidepressants that increase serotonin. ..
- WAYNE WESLEY HARDING; Fiscal Year: 2015..In specific aim 3, the importance of the N-substituent group will be analyzed. Selected compounds will be advanced to behavioral assays in rodents in order to characterize their pharmacological profiles as potential MDMA antagonists. ..
- BIOLOGICAL STUDIES IN SUICIDAL ADOLESCENT INPATIENTSLaurence Greenhill; Fiscal Year: 2000....
- Exercise, Serotonin and AnxietySAYAMWONG EMWILL HAMMACK; Fiscal Year: 2010..Understanding these mechanisms will provide critical insight for both the etiology and treatment of anxiety disorders. ..
- Stimulation of Mitochondrial Biogenesis with 5-HT Receptor AgonistsJennifer Blakely; Fiscal Year: 2013..This work seeks to examine the usefulness of 5-HT2 receptor agonists in the treatment of this acute disease state. ..
- Serotonin Glutamate Interactions in Prefrontal CortexGerard Marek; Fiscal Year: 2001..As such, this multi-disciplinarian study may provide new strategies to develop novel antidepressant treatments that would be more efficacious than simply blocking 5-HT2A receptors. ..
- Roland R Griffiths; Fiscal Year: 2016....
- SEROTONERGIC FUNCTION IN AUTISTIC DISORDERP McBride; Fiscal Year: 1993..Systematic study of serotonergic responses in autistic persons may not only identify functional alterations in the serotonergic system, but suggest new strategies for pharmacologic treatment...
- Novel 5-HT treatments for METH post-addiction therapyCLARK TEDFORD; Fiscal Year: 2003..The results of this research will be utilized to explore additional biological screens for other drugs of abuse and subsequent identification of novel therapies. ..
- MABS SPECIFIC TO SEROTONIN 5-HT RECEPTORSSujay Singh; Fiscal Year: 1999..Since the field of serotonin research field is large and more than 27,000 articles with potential significance for clinical application have been published in the last ten years, we predict the market to be of a reasonable size. ..
- Serotonergic facilitation of spinal stepping by epidural stimulation: mechanismsREGGIE EDGERTON; Fiscal Year: 2012....
- Gene-Environment Interplay, Development, and Emotional DisordersWilliam Copeland; Fiscal Year: 2012..plan proposes to study gene-environment interaction models for (1) promising genetic markers include HTTLPR, HTR2A T102C, MAOA-u VNTR, BDNF va!66met and COMT val158met and additional markers identified based upon the results of ..
- Cocaine Withdrawal: A Window of Treatment OpportunityTong Lee; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- Mikhail L Bondarev; Fiscal Year: 2016..abstract_text> ..
- New roles of Src tyrosine kinases in vascular toneLIGIA TORO DE STEFANI; Fiscal Year: 2007..The elucidation of primary steps involved in 5-HT and TXA2 smooth muscle stimulation should help in the design of new therapeutic ways to control cardiovascular disease. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Structural Domains Essential for Serotonin Receptor PharmacologyBryan Roth; Fiscal Year: 2006..Novel techniques of protein biochemistry (hydroxyl-mediated 1H/2H exchange), cell biology (yeast 2-hybrid screening) and spectroscopy (FRET/BRET) will be used to arrive at testable models for 5-HT2A-Gq interactions. ..
- TREATMENT OF COCAINE-INDUCED 5-HT DYSFUNCTIONGeorge Battaglia; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- SEROTONIN MODULATION OF NEUROTRANSMISSION IN NEOCORTEXGerard Marek; Fiscal Year: 2001....
- SEROTONERGIC MECHANISMS IN STRESS AND ANXIETYJay Gingrich; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- Imaging the Serotonin System in Obsessive-Compulsive DisorderHelen Simpson; Fiscal Year: 2009..Data from this study will advance our understanding of the brain mechanisms of OCD and help build a neurobiological foundation for the development of better treatments for this disabling condition. ..
- PSYCHOTOGENIC DRUG ACTION ON CHEMICALLY DEFINED NEURONSGeorge Aghajanian; Fiscal Year: 2000....
- Ethnopharmacological Approach to Psychoactive CompoundsHernan Navarro; Fiscal Year: 2009..Moreover, these data could be used by NIDA to identify plants with abuse potential. ..
- Influence of Chronic Stress on the Raphe Nucleus and Medial Prefrontal CortexLATASHA KAREEM CRAWFORD; Fiscal Year: 2010..By identifying components of the serotonin system that contribute to anxious behavior, this project may contribute to the development of novel drugs to treat human anxiety. ..
- NOVEL ACTIONS OF INVERSE AGONISTSWilliam Clarke; Fiscal Year: 2002..This study will provide important information about the cellular effects of inverse agonists which should help us to better understand the actions of a variety of therapeutic and investigational drugs. ..
- SERT polymorphisms and human cortical 5-HT2A receptorsRonald Cowan; Fiscal Year: 2007..Because the rate of depression is greater in females than males, and because regulation of the 5-HT2A receptor is influenced by estrogen, we have chosen to study the effects of having SS or L-A L-A genotype in female subjects. ..
- Translational Studies of Depression, Platelets, & CADJuan Badimon; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- MENTORED PATIENT ORIENTED RESEARCH CAREER DEVELOPMENT AWSTEVEN GARLOW; Fiscal Year: 2004..The circulating concentration of three hormones, cortisol, interleukin-1 and interleukin-6 will be measured before and after treatment, and correlated to platelet reactivity. ..
- 5HT2A RECEPTOR INVERSE AGONISTS AS NOVEL ANTIPSYCHOTICSDerek Chalmers; Fiscal Year: 2000..The overall purpose of this proposal is to identify potent molecules which will be further developed as potential novel antipsychotic agents. ..
- 5-HT2A RECEPTOR IN DEPRESSION: MOLECULAR MECHANISMSSTEVEN GARLOW; Fiscal Year: 2003..As the factors are characterized in the in vitro systems, their relevance to the regulation of the S-HT2A receptor in the brain will be tested in experimental animals. ..
- Effects of CNS Lesions on Drug ActionJohn Harvey; Fiscal Year: 2009..The results of this research should provide novel therapeutic strategies in the treatment of schizophrenia. In addition, this research will provide a new perspective and new insights into the neurobiology of learning. ..
- PROCESS FOR SCREENING SUBSTANCES CAPABLE OF MODULATING A RECEPTOR-DEPENDENT CELLULAR SIGNAL TRANSMISSION PATHPatent Number: WO9311257-A2; Date:1993-06-10