Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: HTR1B
Description: 5-hydroxytryptamine receptor 1B
Alias: 5-HT-1B, 5-HT-1D-beta, 5-HT1B, 5-HT1DB, HTR1D2, HTR1DB, S12, 5-hydroxytryptamine receptor 1B, 5-hydroxytryptamine (serotonin) receptor 1B, G protein-coupled, serotonin 1D beta receptor, serotonin receptor 1B
Publications290 found, 100 shown here
- Identification of genetic variation in the human serotonin 1D beta receptor geneM M Nöthen
Institute of Human Genetics, University of Bonn, Germany
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 205:1194-200. 1994..To our knowledge, the Phe-124-Cys substitution is the first natural occurring molecular variant which has been identified for the 5-HT1D beta receptor so far...
- The HTR1B 861G>C receptor polymorphism among patients suffering from alcoholism, major depression, anxiety disorders and narcolepsyC Fehr
Department of Psychiatry, University of Mainz, Untere Zahlbacher Str 8, D 55101, Mainz, Germany
Psychiatry Res 97:1-10. 2000The HTR1B receptor gene has been linked to antisocial alcoholism in a Finnish population and an American Indian tribe [Lappalainen et al. , Arch. Gen. Psychiatry, 55 (1998) 989]...
- Novel and previously reported single-nucleotide polymorphisms in the human 5-HT(1B) receptor gene: no association with cocaine or alcohol abuse or dependenceT Cigler
Laboratory of the Biology of Addictive Diseases, Rockefeller University, 1230 York Avenue, New York, NY 10021, USA
Am J Med Genet 105:489-97. 2001..No significant differences between cases and controls were found...
- Reappraisal of the serotonin 5-HT(1B) receptor gene in alcoholism: of mice and menPhilip Gorwood
Hopital Louis Mourier, Service de Psychiatrie, Colombes, France
Brain Res Bull 57:103-7. 2002....
- Substance abuse disorder and major depression are associated with the human 5-HT1B receptor gene (HTR1B) G861C polymorphismYung Yu Huang
Department of Neuroscience, New York State Psychiatric Institute, Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York, New York 10032, USA
Neuropsychopharmacology 28:163-9. 2003..This preliminary result will need replication, given the limitations of association studies...
- Lack of association between serotonin 5-HT1B receptor gene polymorphism and suicidal behaviorDan Rujescu
Molecular Neurobiology, Department of Psychiatry, Ludwig Maximilians University, Munich, Germany
Am J Med Genet B Neuropsychiatr Genet 116:69-71. 2003..of suicide attempters and aggressive behavior has been reported in 5-HT1B receptor gene knockout mice, the serotonin receptor 1B gene (5-HT1B) is an attractive candidate...
- Family-based association study of serotonergic candidate genes and attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder in a German sampleP Heiser
Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, Philipps University, Marburg, Germany
J Neural Transm (Vienna) 114:513-21. 2007..aim of this study was to investigate seven genetic variants in three genes (serotonin transporter (5-HTT), serotonin receptor 1B (5-HTR1B) and serotonin receptor 2A (5-HTR2A)), which have previously been shown to be associated with ..
- The relationship between serotonin receptor 1B polymorphisms A-161T and alcohol dependenceSheng Yu Lee
Institute of Behavioral Medicine, College of Medicine, National Cheng Kung University, Tainan, Taiwan
Alcohol Clin Exp Res 33:1589-95. 2009Several studies have suggested that the serotonin receptor 1B gene (5HT1B) may be important in the pathogenesis of alcohol dependence (alcoholism; ALC; AD)...
- Prediction of response to paroxetine and venlafaxine by serotonin-related genes in obsessive-compulsive disorder in a randomized, double-blind trialDamiaan Denys
Department of Psychiatry, The Rudolf Magnus Institute of Neuroscience, University Medical Center Utrecht, Utrecht, The Netherlands
J Clin Psychiatry 68:747-53. 2007..The purpose of the present study was to determine whether polymorphisms of the serotonin transporter (5-HTT), 5-HT1B, and 5-HT2A receptor genes affect the efficacy of SRI treatment in OCD...
- Wolff Award presentation 1993. Anti-migraine drug interactions with cloned human 5-hydroxytryptamine1 receptor subtypesS J Peroutka
Department of Neuroscience, Palo Alto Institute of Molecular Medicine, Mountain View, CA 94043
Headache 33:347-50. 1993..Therefore, these data indicate that human 5-HT1B and/or 5-HT1D receptors are likely to mediate the therapeutic efficacy of acute anti-migraine drugs...
- Studies on the neuroendocrine role of serotoninHenrik Stig Jørgensen
Department of Medical Physiology, University of Copenhagen, Denmark
Dan Med Bull 54:266-88. 2007..Serotonin affect the secretion of CRH and ACTH both at the hypothalamic, pituitary portal and pituitary gland level, and possibly also at the adrenal level...
- L-694,247: a potent 5-HT1D receptor agonistM S Beer
Merck Sharp and Dohme Research Laboratories, Neuroscience Research Centre, Harlow, Essex
Br J Pharmacol 110:1196-200. 1993..5. L-694,247 is a novel, highly potent 5-HTID/5-HTIB receptor ligand which should prove useful for the exploration of the physiological role of these receptors in animals...
- Characterisation of 5-HT receptors in human coronary arteries by molecular and pharmacological techniquesT Nilsson
Department of Internal Medicine, Lund University Hospital, Sweden
Eur J Pharmacol 372:49-56. 1999..It is concluded that 5-HT-evoked contraction of human coronary arteries is most probably mediated via the activation of both 5-HT1B and 5-HT2A receptors...
- 5-HT receptors mediating external carotid vasoconstriction in vagosympathectomized dogsC M Villalon
Departamento de Farmacologia, CINVESTAV IPN, Apdo, Postal 22026, 14000 Mexico DF, Mexico
Zhongguo Yao Li Xue Bao 20:1057-67. 1999....
- Suppression by the sumatriptan analogue, CP-122,288 of c-fos immunoreactivity in trigeminal nucleus caudalis induced by intracisternal capsaicinF M Cutrer
Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston 02114, USA
Br J Pharmacol 114:987-92. 1995..CP-122,288 and related analogues may serve as an important prototype for drug development in migraine and related headaches...
- [5-HT1B serotonin receptors and antidepressant effects of selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors ]A M Gardier
Laboratoire de Neuropharmacologie UPRES EAD MENRT, Institut de signalisation et d innovation thérapeutique IFR75, Faculte de Pharmacie, Universite Paris Sud, Chatenay Malabry, France
C R Acad Sci III 324:433-41. 2001....
- Expression of mRNA for multiple serotonin (5-HT) receptor types/subtypes by the peripheral blood mononuclear cells of rhesus macaquesGui bo Yang
State Key Laboratory for Infectious Disease Prevention and Control, People s Republic of China
J Neuroimmunol 178:24-9. 2006..This provided a basis for further studies on the neuroimmunomodulatory interactions of 5-HT in rhesus macaques...
- P-selectin mediates neutrophil rolling on histamine-stimulated endothelial cellsD A Jones
Rice University, Houston, Texas 77251 1892
Biophys J 65:1560-9. 1993..prevents association of the PMNs with histamine-stimulated HUVEC, whereas the nonblocking anti-P-selectin MAb S12 does not. Treatment of PMNs with the anti-L-selectin MAb DREG56 reduces PMN adherence by approximately 50%...
- The pharmacology of ergotamine and dihydroergotamineS D Silberstein
Comprehensive Headache Center, Germantown Hospital and Medical Center, Philadelphia, PA 19144, USA
Headache 37:S15-25. 1997..Intranasal (IN) administration of DHE delivers adequate plasma concentrations of the drug without the need for parenteral administration and should further expand its role in migraine pharmacotherapy...
- GR 127935 and (+)-WAY 100135 do not affect TFMPP-induced inhibition of 5-HT synthesis in the midbrain and hippocampus of Wistar-Kyoto ratsF Chaouloff
Neurogénétique et Stress, INSERM U471, Institut Francois Magendie, Bordeaux, France
Neuropharmacology 37:1159-67. 1998..Our data show that TFMPP, an agonist often used to stimulate 5-HT1B/1D receptors, may inhibit central 5-HT synthesis through nonserotonergic mechanisms...
- 5-HT1A and 5-HT1B receptors control the firing of serotoninergic neurons in the dorsal raphe nucleus of the mouse: studies in 5-HT1B knock-out miceA Evrard
INSERM U288, NeuroPsychoPharmacologie Moléculaire, Cellulaire et Fonctionnelle, Faculté de Médecine Pité Salpêtrière, Paris, Cedex, France
Eur J Neurosci 11:3823-31. 1999..v.). Altogether, these data indicate that in the mouse, the firing of 5-HT neurons in the dorsal raphe nucleus is under both an inhibitory control through 5-HT1A receptors and an excitatory influence through 5-HT1B receptors...
- CP-93,129, sumatriptan, dihydroergotamine block c-fos expression within rat trigeminal nucleus caudalis caused by chemical stimulation of the meningesK Nozaki
Stroke Laboratory, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston 02114
Br J Pharmacol 106:409-15. 1992..Bacterial, viral(including AIDS meningovascular inflammation) and other forms of chemical meningitis merit further investigation...
- Molecular cloning and pharmacological characterization of guinea pig 5-HT1B and 5-HT1D receptorsJ M Zgombick
Synaptic Pharmaceutical Corporation, Paramus, NJ 07652, USA
Neuropharmacology 36:513-24. 1997..These data extend previous observations that subtype selective (i.e. 5-HT1D) compounds identified in one species may not discriminate between closely related receptors (i.e. 5-HT1B and 5-HT1D) in all animal model systems...
- Time-dependent blockade of neurogenic plasma extravasation in dura mater by 5-HT1B/D agonists and endopeptidase 24.11Z Huang
Stroke Research Laboratory, Harvard Medical School, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston 02114
Br J Pharmacol 108:331-5. 1993..11) block the delayed extravasation response. Extravasation developing later than 45 min poststimulation was not neurogenically mediated...
- Species differences in presynaptic serotonin autoreceptors: mainly 5-HT1B but possibly in addition 5-HT1D in the rat, 5-HT1D in the rabbit and guinea-pig brain cortexN Limberger
Pharmakologisches Institut, Universitat, Freiburg, Federal Republic of Germany
Naunyn Schmiedebergs Arch Pharmacol 343:353-64. 1991..The serotonin axons of rat brain cortex may possess 5-HT1D in addition to 5-HT1B autoreceptors.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 400 WORDS)..
- Coexpression of the cannabinoid receptor type 1 with dopamine and serotonin receptors in distinct neuronal subpopulations of the adult mouse forebrainH Hermann
Group Molecular Genetics of Behavior, Max Planck Institute of Psychiatry, Kraepelinstrasse 2 10, D 80804, Munich, Germany
Neuroscience 109:451-60. 2002....
- [Mechanism of action of antidepressant drugs: importance of genetically modified mice in the pharmacological in vivo approach]Alain Gardier
Laboratoire de Neuropharmacologie EA3544, Faculte de Pharmacie, Universite Paris Sud, Chatenay Malabry, France
Therapie 60:469-76. 2005..By doing so, it thus could be possible to improve antidepressant drug treatment, i.e. shorten their long delay of action and/or to decrease treatment resistance or improve its tolerance...
- Presence of vasoconstrictor 5HT1-like receptors revealed by precontraction of rabbit isolated mesenteric arteryA Choppin
, Department of Preclinical Research, Bagneux, France
Br J Pharmacol 114:309-14. 1995..This study therefore demonstrates a particularly striking example of vasoconstrictor synergy involving 5-HT1-like receptors...
- Preference comparison of rizatriptan ODT 10-mg and sumatriptan 50-mg tablet in migraineE Loder
Spaulding Rehabilitation Hospital, Boston, MA, USA
Headache 41:745-53. 2001..CONCLUSIONS: A significantly greater proportion of patients preferred rizatriptan ODT 10-mg to sumatriptan 50-mg tablet for the acute treatment of migraine. Efficacy and safety data are consistent with the preference findings...
- Sumatriptan. An updated review of its use in migraineC M Perry
Adis International Limited, Auckland, New Zealand
Drugs 55:889-922. 1998..14% of patients with migraine treated with sumatriptan. As the drug is associated with the rare development of cardiovascular effects, it is contraindicated in patients with a history of cardiovascular disease...
- [Study on endoplasmic reticulum stress and injury to basic function unit of colonic motility in rats with scald injury]Ying Li
Department of Burns and Plastic Surgery, Affiliated Hospital of Luzhou Medical College, Luzhou 646000, China
Zhonghua Shao Shang Za Zhi 25:193-6. 2009To observe expressions of glucose-regulated protein (GRP78) and caspase-S12 in nervous system-interstitial cells of Cajal (ICC) in smooth muscle in colonic wall in rats with scald injury, as well as their relevant ultrastructural changes,..
- Autoradiographic characterisation and localisation of 5-HT1D compared to 5-HT1B binding sites in rat brainA T Bruinvels
Preclinical Research 360 604, Sandoz Pharma Ltd, Basel, Switzerland
Naunyn Schmiedebergs Arch Pharmacol 347:569-82. 1993..abstract truncated at 400 words)..
- Evidence that RU 24969-induced locomotor activity in C57/B1/6 mice is specifically mediated by the 5-HT1B receptorS C Cheetham
Boots Pharmaceuticals Research Department, Nottingham
Br J Pharmacol 110:1621-9. 1993..RU 24969 did not alter dopamine, dihydroxyphenylacetic acid or homovanillic acid concentrations in the nucleus accumbens suggesting that the dopaminergic neurones terminating there are not directly involved...
- Effects of chronic paroxetine treatment on dialysate serotonin in 5-HT1B receptor knockout miceA M Gardier
Laboratoire de Neuropharmacologie EA3544 MENRT, Faculté de Pharmacie IFR75 ISIT Institut de Signalisation et d Innovation Thérapeutique, Universite Paris Sud, Chatenay Malabry, France
J Neurochem 86:13-24. 2003..These presynaptic receptors retain their capacity to limit 5-HT release mainly in the ventral hippocampus following chronic paroxetine treatment in mice...
- Synergistic interactions between human transfected adenosine A1 receptors and endogenous cholecystokinin receptors in CHO cellsJ M Dickenson
Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, Medical School, Queen s Medical Centre, Nottingham, UK
Eur J Pharmacol 302:141-51. 1996....
- Zolmitriptan: a review of its use in migraineC M Spencer
Adis International Limited, Auckland, New Zealand
Drugs 58:347-74. 1999..The most common adverse events with zolmitriptan therapy are asthenia, heaviness other than that of the chest or neck, dry mouth, nausea, dizziness, somnolence, paraesthesia, warm sensation, tightness, vasodilation and chest pain...
- Rizatriptan (MAXALT) for the acute treatment of migraine and migraine recurrence. A placebo-controlled, outpatient study. Rizatriptan 022 Study GroupJ Teall
Merck and Co, Inc, West Point, Penn. 19486, USA
Headache 38:281-7. 1998..We conclude that both doses of rizatriptan are effective and well tolerated in the acute treatment of migraine and migraine recurrence, with the 10-mg dose preferred as it is more effective with a faster onset of action...
- Induction of actinorhodin production by rpsL (encoding ribosomal protein S12) mutations that confer streptomycin resistance in Streptomyces lividans and Streptomyces coelicolor A3(2)J Shima
National Food Research Institute, Tsukuba, Ibaraki, Japan
J Bacteriol 178:7276-84. 1996..DNA sequencing showed that str-6 is a point mutation in the rpsL gene encoding ribosomal protein S12, changing Lys-88 to Glu...
- Long-term efficacy and safety of oral almotriptan: interim analysis of a 1-year open studyX Cabarrocas
Medical Department/Clinical Research, Laboratorios Almirall, SA, E-08024 Barcelona, Spain
Headache 41:57-62. 2001..Almotriptan is efficacious in moderate-to-severe migraine pain and can be used repeatedly in recurrent episodes. The long-term safety data will be reanalyzed when full data become available...
- Inhibition of streptomycin-dependent mutation in Escherichia coli on the lytic growth of bacteriophage lambdaK Z Tong
Institute of Genetics, Academia Sinica, Beijing
Sci Sin B 30:495-502. 1987..Since StrDA is a mutation in the structural gene for ribosomal protein S12, the results obtained in the present study suggest that ribosomes of the StrDA mutants inhibit the lytic growth of ..
- Oral almotriptan in the treatment of migraine: safety and tolerabilityD W Dodick
Department of Neurology, Mayo Clinic Scottsdale, Ariz
Headache 41:449-55. 2001..Cardiovascular risk profiles for all drugs within this class (triptans) should be considered similar. Only extensive postmarketing data, not currently available, can potentially change this recommendation...
- 5-HT-stimulated [35S]guanosine-5'-O-(3-thio)triphosphate binding as an assay for functional activation of G proteins coupled with 5-HT1B receptors in rat striatal membranesYuji Odagaki
Department of Psychiatry, Saitama Medical School, 38 Morohongo, Moroyama machi, Iruma gun, Staitama 350 0495, Japan
Naunyn Schmiedebergs Arch Pharmacol 372:335-45. 2006..5-HT-stimulated [35S]GTPgammaS binding to rat striatal membranes serves as a simple but useful method of investigating the functional interaction between the native 5-HT1B receptors and their coupled G proteins in this brain region...
- Oral rizatriptan versus oral sumatriptan: a direct comparative study in the acute treatment of migraine. Rizatriptan 030 Study GroupP Tfelt-Hansen
Bispebjerg Hospital, Copenhagen, Denmark
Headache 38:748-55. 1998..014) compared with sumatriptan 100 mg (41%). We conclude that rizatriptan 10 mg has a rapid onset of action and relieves headache and associated symptoms more effectively than sumatriptan 100 mg...
- Role of 5-HT1B, 5-HT2A and 5-HT2C receptors in the generalization of 5-HT receptor agonists to the ethanol cue in the ratS Maurel
CNS Research, Bayer AG, Cologne, Germany
Behav Pharmacol 9:337-43. 1998....
- Engineering Pseudomonas putida S12 for efficient utilization of D-xylose and L-arabinoseJean Paul Meijnen
TNO Quality of Life, Julianalaan 67, 2628 BC Delft, The Netherlands
Appl Environ Microbiol 74:5031-7. 2008The solvent-tolerant bacterium Pseudomonas putida S12 was engineered to utilize xylose as a substrate by expressing xylose isomerase (XylA) and xylulokinase (XylB) from Escherichia coli...
- Results of the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health-U.S. Environmental Protection Agency interlaboratory comparison of American National Standards Institute S12.6-1997 Methods A and BWilliam J Murphy
Hearing Loss Prevention Team, National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health, 4676 Columbia Parkway, MS C 27, Cincinnati, Ohio 45226 1998, USA
J Acoust Soc Am 125:3262-77. 2009..Agency sponsored the completion of an interlaboratory study to compare two fitting protocols specified by ANSI S12.6-1997 (R2002) [(2002)...
- Regulation of the 5-hydroxytryptamine1B receptor in opossum kidney cells after exposure to agonistsC D Unsworth
Department of Pharmacology, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia 19104 6084
Mol Pharmacol 42:464-70. 1992..Such a combination of changes could be explained by the presence of "spare" 5-HT1B receptors on these cells...
- Post-translational modification of ribosomal proteins: structural and functional characterization of RimO from Thermotoga maritima, a radical S-adenosylmethionine methylthiotransferaseSimon Arragain
Institut de Recherches en Technologie et Sciences pour le Vivant Laboratoire de Chimie et Biologie des Métaux iRTSV LCBM, UMR 5249, CEA CNRS UJF, Commissariat a l Energie Atomique Grenoble, 17 Avenue des Martyrs, 38054 Grenoble Cedex 09, France
J Biol Chem 285:5792-801. 2010..that the rimO gene is involved in generation of the 3-methylthio derivative of residue Asp-89 in ribosomal protein S12 (Anton, B. P., Saleh, L., Benner, J. S., Raleigh, E. A., Kasif, S., and Roberts, R. J. (2008) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci...
- Involvement of 5-HT1B receptors in collar-induced hypersensitivity to 5-hydroxytryptamine of the rabbit carotid arteryI S Geerts
Laboratory of Pharmacology, Faculty of Medicine and Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Antwerp UIA, Wilrijk, Belgium
Br J Pharmacol 127:1327-36. 1999..Taken together, this study demonstrates that the serotonergic receptor involved in the hypersensitivity to 5-HT of rabbit collared carotid artery is a 5-HT1B receptor subtype...
- Compensatory evolution reveals functional interactions between ribosomal proteins S12, L14 and L19Sophie Maisnier-Patin
Department of Bacteriology, Swedish Institute for Infectious Disease Control and Microbiology and Tumor Center, Karolinska Institute, S 17182 Solna, Sweden
J Mol Biol 366:207-15. 2007Certain mutations in S12, a ribosomal protein involved in translation elongation rate and translation accuracy, confer resistance to the aminoglycoside streptomycin. Previously we showed in Salmonella typhimurium that the fitness cost, i...
- Stimulation of growth hormone release by 5-hydroxytryptamine (5-HT) in cultured rat anterior pituitary cell aggregates: evidence for mediation by 5-HT2B, 5-HT7, 5-HT1B, and ketanserin-sensitive receptorsA Papageorgiou
Laboratory of Cell Pharmacology, University of Leuven, Medical School, Campus Gasthuisberg O and N, B 3000 Leuven, Belgium
Endocrinology 148:4509-22. 2007..and methysergide; by SB-206553, a 5-HTR2B/C antagonist; SB-269970, a 5-HTR7/5A antagonist; and SB-224289, a 5-HTR1B antagonist...
- Ribosomal protein S12 and aminoglycoside antibiotics modulate A-site mRNA cleavage and transfer-messenger RNA activity in Escherichia coliLaura E Holberger
Department of Molecular, Cellular, and Developmental Biology, University of California, Santa Barbara, California 93106 9610, USA
J Biol Chem 284:32188-200. 2009..did not inhibit A-site cleavage in rpsL mutants, which express streptomycin-resistant variants of ribosomal protein S12. However, rpsL strains exhibited reduced A-site mRNA cleavage compared with rpsL(+) cells. Additionally, tmRNA...
- Naratriptan efficacy in migraineurs who respond poorly to oral sumatriptanS Stark
Innovative Clinical Research Center, Alexandria, VA, USA
Headache 40:513-20. 2000..No unexpected tolerability issues arose. CONCLUSIONS: Naratriptan is an alternative therapy for migraineurs who respond poorly to oral sumatriptan. No response to one "triptan" does not necessarily predict no response to them all...
- Interactions of isamoltane (CGP 361A), an anxiolytic phenoxypropanolamine derivative, with 5-HT1 receptor subtypes in the rat brainP C Waldmeier
Research Department, Ciba Geigy, Basel, Switzerland
Naunyn Schmiedebergs Arch Pharmacol 337:609-20. 1988....
- Engineering of solvent-tolerant Pseudomonas putida S12 for bioproduction of phenol from glucoseNick J P Wierckx
TNO Quality of Life, P O Box 342, 7300 AH Apeldoorn, The Netherlands
Appl Environ Microbiol 71:8221-7. 2005..to phenol via the central metabolite tyrosine was achieved in the solvent-tolerant strain Pseudomonas putida S12. The tpl gene from Pantoea agglomerans, encoding tyrosine phenol lyase, was introduced into P...
- Partial agonism at serotonin 5-HT1B and dopamine D2L receptors using a luciferase reporter gene assayD M Kemp
Department of Biosciences, University of Kent at Canterbury, UK
Eur J Pharmacol 373:215-22. 1999..These results demonstrate that this reporter gene assay is capable of discriminating both potency and efficacy of drugs and can be used to characterise partial agonists at endogenously and heterologously expressed receptors in CHO cells...
- Effects of electron donors and acceptors on anaerobic reduction of azo dyes by Shewanella decolorationis S12Yiguo Hong
South China Botanical Garden, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Guangzhou 510650, China
Appl Microbiol Biotechnol 74:230-8. 2007Shewanella decolorationis S12 was able to reduce various azo dyes in a defined medium with formate, lactate, and pyruvate or H(2) as electron donors under anaerobic conditions...
- Efficacy and safety of rizatriptan versus standard care during long-term treatment for migraine. Rizatriptan Multicenter Study GroupsG A Block
Merck Research Laboratories, BL2-5, West Point, PA 19486, USA
Headache 38:764-71. 1998..The most common dose-related adverse events were nausea, somnolence, and asthenia/fatigue. Based on this large, multicenter, long-term trial, rizatriptan is an important new oral agent for the acute treatment of migraine...
- The anti-aggressive drug eltoprazine preferentially binds to 5-HT1A and 5-HT1B receptor subtypes in rat brain: sensitivity to guanine nucleotidesH Sijbesma
Department of Pharmacology, Duphar B V, Weesp, The Netherlands
Eur J Pharmacol 187:209-23. 1990..The data indicate that the anti-aggressive drug eltoprazine preferentially binds to 5-HT1A and 5-HT1B receptor sites and that this interaction is modulated by guanine nucleotides...
- Absence of fenfluramine-induced anorexia and reduced c-Fos induction in the hypothalamus and central amygdaloid complex of serotonin 1B receptor knock-out miceJ J Lucas
Center for Neurobiology and Behavior, Columbia University, New York, New York 10032, USA
J Neurosci 18:5537-44. 1998..Our results thus demonstrate that stimulation of 5-HT1B receptors is required for fenfluramine-induced anorexia and suggest a role for the PVN, CeA, and BNST in mediating this effect...
- Lack of sumatriptan-induced aortic contraction or relaxation: 5-HT1B receptor protein detected in endothelium and smooth muscle of vasa vasorum but not aortaMarlene L Cohen
Lilly Research Laboratories, Eli Lilly and Company, Lilly Corporate Center, Indianapolis, IN 46285, USA
Receptors Channels 8:71-8. 2002..Furthermore, caution must be observed when using 5-HT1B receptor mRNA to suggest receptor protein in tissues since this RT-PCR product may be derived predominantly from small blood vessels...
- Local perfusion of mCPP into ventromedial hypothalamic nucleus, but not into lateral hypothalamic area and frontal cortex, inhibits food intake in ratsKatsuhito Hikiji
Department of Neuropsychiatry, Osaka City University Medical School, 1 4 3 Asahi machi, Abeno Ku, Osaka city 545 8585, Osaka, Japan
Psychopharmacology (Berl) 174:190-6. 2004..However, the precise functions in local brain areas of these receptor subtypes are unclear...
- Selective perturbation of G530 of 16 S rRNA by translational miscoding agents and a streptomycin-dependence mutation in protein S12T Powers
Sinsheimer Laboratories, University of California, Santa Cruz 95064
J Mol Biol 235:156-72. 1994..located within the highly conserved 530 stem-loop, a region that is involved in interactions with proteins S4 and S12, mutations in which perturb the translational error frequency...
- The role of 5-HT receptor subtypes in the anxiolytic effects of selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors in the rat ultrasonic vocalization testR Schreiber
CNS Research, Troponwerke GmbH and Co KG, Cologne, Germany
Psychopharmacology (Berl) 135:383-91. 1998..Although the results suggest that selective stimulation of 5-HT1A and 5-HT2A receptors produces a decrease of USV, we postulate that only 5-HT2A receptors play a pivotal role in the effects of SSRIs in this model of anxiety...
- Native 5-HT1B receptors expressed in OK cells display dual coupling to elevation of intracellular calcium concentrations and inhibition of adenylate cyclaseJ M Zgombick
Synaptic Pharmaceutical Corporation, Paramus, NJ 07652, USA
Naunyn Schmiedebergs Arch Pharmacol 358:503-8. 1998..The OK cell line continues to serve as a model system to investigate 5-HT1B receptor-mediated signaling events...
- Unravelling the pharmacological profile of the canine external carotid vasodilator '5-HT1-like' receptors: coexistence of sympatho-inhibitory 5-HT1B and postjunctional 5-HT7 receptorsC M Villalon
Departamento de Farmacobiologia, CINVESTAV IPN, Mexico
Naunyn Schmiedebergs Arch Pharmacol 363:73-80. 2001....
- Triptans (serotonin, 5-HT1B/1D agonists) in migraine: detailed results and methods of a meta-analysis of 53 trialsM D Ferrari
Department of Neurology, Leiden University Medical Centre, Leiden, The Netherlands
Cephalalgia 22:633-58. 2002..5 mg provide the highest likelihood of consistent success. Sumatriptan features the longest clinical experience and the widest range of formulations. All triptans are contra-indicated in the presence of cardiovascular disease...
- Enkephalin contributes to the locomotor stimulating effects of 3,4-methylenedioxy-N-methylamphetamineV Compan
Columbia University, Center for Neurobiology and Behaviour, N Y S P I Kolb Research Annex, Room 732, 1051 Riverside Drive, Unit 87, New York, NY 10032 2695, USA
Eur J Neurosci 18:383-90. 2003..This study is the first to demonstrate that Enk contributes to MDMA-induced increases in locomotor activity. Such an effect may be related to the 5-HT control of pallidal met-enkephalin levels via the 5-HT1B receptors...
- Establishment of oxidative D-xylose metabolism in Pseudomonas putida S12Jean Paul Meijnen
Department of Biotechnology, Delft University of Technology, Julianalaan 67, 2628 BC Delft, The Netherlands
Appl Environ Microbiol 75:2784-91. 2009..crescentus, encoded by the xylXABCD operon, was expressed in the gram-negative bacterium Pseudomonas putida S12. This engineered transformant strain was able to grow on D-xylose as a sole carbon source with a biomass yield of ..
- Serotonin1B receptors: from protein to physiological function and behaviorYoussef Sari
Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology, Indiana University School of Medicine, 635 Barnhill Drive, MS 5035, Indianapolis, IN 46202, USA
Neurosci Biobehav Rev 28:565-82. 2004....
- A novel insertion mutation in Streptomyces coelicolor ribosomal S12 protein results in paromomycin resistance and antibiotic overproductionGuojun Wang
National Food Research Institute, Tsukuba, Ibaraki, Japan
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 53:1019-26. 2009..in rpsL, caused by the insertion of a glycine residue at position 92, in Streptomyces coelicolor ribosomal protein S12. This insertion mutation (GI92) resulted in a 20-fold increase in the paromomycin resistance level...
- Evidence for an involvement of 5-HT1B receptors in the inhibition of male rat ejaculatory behavior produced by 5-HTPS Ahlenius
Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden
Psychopharmacology (Berl) 137:374-82. 1998....
- Anpirtoline, a novel, highly potent 5-HT1B receptor agonist with antinociceptive/antidepressant-like actions in rodentsE Schlicker
Institute of Pharmacology and Toxicology, University of Bonn, Germany
Br J Pharmacol 105:732-8. 1992..8. Anpirtoline exhibits both antinociceptive and antidepressant-like activities in animals. It is probable that anpirtoline elicits these pharmacological effects via its agonist effect on 5-HT1B and 5-HT1A receptors...
- 5-HT1B receptors modulate the feeding inhibitory effects of enterostatinLing Lin
Pennington Biomedical Research Center, 6400 Perkins Road, Baton Rouge, LA 70808, USA
Brain Res 1062:26-31. 2005..The data imply that the enterostatin anorectic response may be modulated by 5-HT1B receptors and that a neuronal pathway from the amygdala to the PVN regulates the enterostatin response through activation of 5-HTlB receptors in PVN...
- Crossover comparison of rizatriptan 5 mg and 10 mg versus sumatriptan 25 mg and 50 mg in migraine. Rizatriptan Protocol 046 Study GroupJ Goldstein
San Francisco (Calif) Headache Clinic, USA
Headache 38:737-47. 1998..All active treatments were highly effective compared to placebo and acted as early as 30 minutes after dosing. All active treatments were well-tolerated and showed comparable safety profiles...
- 5-HT1B receptor polymorphism and clinical response to sumatriptanA MaassenVanDenBrink
Department of Pharmacology, Erasmus University Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Headache 38:288-91. 1998..74; C:0.26 at nt 861 and T:0.39; G:0.61 at nt -261) did not differ between patient groups, indicating that genetic diversity of the 5-HT1B receptor does not seem to be involved in the different clinical responses to sumatriptan...
- Comparative tolerability of oral 5-HT1B/1D agonistsA W Fox
EBD Group Inc, Carlsbad, California 92009, USA
Headache 40:521-7. 2000..Drugs of this class must be studied individually and on a reasonably large scale in clinical development programs...
- Cloning and characterization of two related serotonergic receptors from the brain and the reproductive system of Aplysia that activate phospholipase CX C Li
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, College of Physicians and Surgeons of Columbia University, New York, New York 10032, USA
J Neurosci 15:7585-91. 1995..The nucleotide sequences of Ap5-HTB1 and Ap5-HTB2 were submitted to GenBank; the accession numbers are L43557 and L43558, respectively...
- Protease-dependent streptomycin sensitivity in E. coli--a system for protease inhibitor selectionR F Balint
Palo Alto Institute for Molecular Medicine, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA
Biotechnology (N Y) 13:507-10. 1995..coli by mutants of ribosomal protein S12, is highly recessive to strep sensitivity. Thus, when strep-resistant (strr) strains of E...
- Synergistic actions of the 5-HT1A receptor antagonist WAY-100635 and citalopram on male rat ejaculatory behaviorS Ahlenius
Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden
Eur J Pharmacol 379:1-6. 1999..It is suggested that blockade of inhibitory 5-HT1A autoreceptors discloses inhibitory effects of the selective serotonin re-uptake inhibitor citalopram on male rat ejaculatory behavior mediated via stimulation of 5-HT1B receptors...
- Pharmacology of rapid-onset antidepressant treatment strategiesP Blier
Department of Psychiatry, University of Florida, Gainesville 32610 0383, USA
J Clin Psychiatry 62:12-7. 2001..These neurobiological phenomena may underlie the apparently faster onset of action of mirtazapine compared with the SSRIs...
- The critical regulator of embryonic hematopoiesis, SCL, is vital in the adult for megakaryopoiesis, erythropoiesis, and lineage choice in CFU-S12Mark A Hall
Rotary Bone Marrow Research Laboratory, Royal Melbourne Hospital, Melbourne, Victoria 3050, Australia
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 100:992-7. 2003..These results suggest that SCL is critical for megakaryopoiesis and erythropoiesis, but is dispensable for production of myeloid cells during adult hematopoiesis...
- Genetic tools for select-agent-compliant manipulation of Burkholderia pseudomalleiKyoung Hee Choi
Department of Microbiology, Immunology and Pathology, Rocky Mountain Regional Center of Excellence for Biodefense and Emerging Infectious Diseases Research, Colorado State University, Fort Collins, CO 80523 1682, USA
Appl Environ Microbiol 74:1064-75. 2008..kanamycin (nptI) and zeocin (ble) selection markers from the constitutive Burkholderia thailandensis ribosomal P(S12) or synthetic bacterial P(EM7) promoter...
- Estrogen decreases 5-HT1B autoreceptor mRNA in selective subregion of rat dorsal raphe nucleus: inverse association between gene expression and anxiety behavior in the open fieldR Hiroi
Department of Psychology, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
Neuroscience 158:456-64. 2009....
- Suggestive linkage of ADHD to chromosome 18q22 in a young genetically isolated Dutch populationNajaf Amin
Genetic Epidemiology Unit, Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics and Clinical Genetics, Erasmus MC, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Eur J Hum Genet 17:958-66. 2009..Furthermore, there was an excess of regions harbouring serotonin receptors (HTR1B, HTR1E, HTR4, HTR1D, and HTR6) that showed a LOD score >1 in our genome-wide scan.
- Evaluation of an allelic association of the serotonin 5-HT1B G681C polymorphism with antisocial alcoholism in the German populationT Sander
Department of Psychiatry, University Hospital Charite, Campus Virchow Clinic, Humboldt University of Berlin, Berlin, Germany
Addict Biol 5:167-72. 2000Our study tested whether an association of the 861C allele of the serotonin 5-HT1B gene (HTR1B) with antisocial alcoholism exists in the German population...
- A selective 5-HT1a receptor agonist improves respiration in a mouse model of Rett syndromeErica S Levitt
Vollum Institute, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, Oregon
J Appl Physiol (1985) 115:1626-33. 2013..6% at 0.25 mg/kg, and breathing became regular. The results indicate respiration is improved with a 5-HT1a agonist that activates GIRK channels without affecting neurotransmitter release. ..
- Serotonin/dopamine interactions in a hyperactive mouse: reduced serotonin receptor 1B activity reverses effects of dopamine transporter knockoutFrank Scott Hall
Department of Pharmacology, College of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Toledo, Toledo, Ohio, United States of America Molecular Neurobiology Branch, National Institute on Drug Abuse Intramural Research Program, Baltimore, Maryland, United States of America
PLoS ONE 9:e115009. 2014....
- Complete genome sequence of solvent-tolerant Pseudomonas putida S12 including megaplasmid pTTS12J Kuepper
Institute of Applied Microbiology, RWTH Aachen University, Worringerweg 1, 52074 Aachen, Germany Electronic address
J Biotechnol 200:17-8. 2015Pseudomonas putida S12 is a solvent-tolerant gamma-proteobacterium with an extensive track record for production of industrially relevant chemicals...
- Contribution of brain serotonin subtype 1B receptors in levodopa-induced motor complicationsNicolas Morin
Faculty of Pharmacy, Universite Laval, Quebec City, G1K 7P4, Canada Neuroscience Research Unit, Centre de Recherche du CHU de Québec, Quebec City, G1V 4G2, Canada Electronic address
Neuropharmacology 99:356-68. 2015..Reduction of motor complications was associated with normal striatal 5-HT1B receptors, suggesting the potential of this receptor for the management of motor complications in Parkinson's disease...
- [Vortioxetine: a new antidepressant to treat depressive episodes]R Colle
Faculte de Medecine Paris Sud, Inserm U 1178 santé mentale et santé publique, Equipe Dépression et Antidépresseurs, CHU de Bicetre, AP HP, 94276 Le Kremlin Bicetre, France Service de psychiatrie, CHU de Bicetre, 78, rue du General Leclerc, 94275 Le Kremlin Bicetre cedex, France
Encephale 42:48-58. 2016..The recommended daily posology of vortioxetine is 10mg/d. Vortioxetine is a new antidepressant drug with a multimodal mechanism of action, well-documented efficacy and safety profiles. ..
- Structural arrangement of tRNA binding sites on Escherichia coli ribosomes, as revealed from data on affinity labelling with photoactivatable tRNA derivativesD M Graifer
Institute of Bioorganic Chemistry, Siberian Division of the Academy of Sciences of the U S S R, Novosibirsk
Biochim Biophys Acta 1008:146-56. 1989..labelling of the proteins L27, S11, S13 and S19 in all states, whereas the labelling of the proteins S5, S7, S9, S12, S14, S20, S21 as well as L2, L13, L14, L17, L24, L27, L31, L32, L33 depended on the type of complex...
- A temperature-dependent conformational rearrangement in the ribosomal protein S4.16 S rRNA complexT Powers
Sinsheimer Laboratories, University of California, Santa Cruz 95064
J Biol Chem 270:1238-42. 1995..RNA complex. The regions in the RNA affected by the heat step are known to interact with proteins S12 and S16, both of which depend upon S4 for their binding to the RNA...
- Escherichia coli proteins, including ribosomal protein S12, facilitate in vitro splicing of phage T4 introns by acting as RNA chaperonesT Coetzee
Molecular Genetics Program, Wadsworth Center, New York State Department of Health, Albany 12201 0509
Genes Dev 8:1575-88. 1994..Although these proteins have variable abilities to stimulate splicing, ribosomal protein S12 is the most effective...
- Effects of stress on the functional properties of pre- and postsynaptic 5-HT1B receptors in the rat brainF Bolanos-Jimenez
Unite de Pharmacologie Neuro Immuno Endocrinienne de l Institut Pasteur, Paris, France
Eur J Pharmacol 294:531-40. 1995..As stress is thought to be a causal factor for the etiology of anxiety and depression, these results support the potential involvement of 5-HT1B receptor dysfunction in the development of these neurological disorders...
- 5-HT2B receptor-mediated calcium release from ryanodine-sensitive intracellular stores in human pulmonary artery endothelial cellsC Ullmer
Preclinical Research 386 216, Sandoz Pharma Ltd, Basel, Switzerland
Br J Pharmacol 117:1081-8. 1996..8. We conclude that human 5-HT2B receptors stimulate calcium release from intracellular stores through a novel pathway, which involves activation of ryanodine receptors, and is independent of PI-hydrolysis and cADPR...
- Acute migraine therapy: the newer drugsJ Schoenen
Department of Neurology CHR Citadelle, University of Liege, Belgium
Curr Opin Neurol 10:237-43. 1997..Both compounds are potent inhibitors of neurogenic plasma extravasation in rat dura mater, which might suggest that this pharmacological property does not necessarily predict efficacy in aborting migraine attacks...
- Demonstration of mRNA editing and localization of guide RNA genes in kinetoplast-mitochondria of the plant trypanosomatid Phytomonas serpensD A Maslov
Department of Biology, University of California, Riverside 92521, USA
Mol Biochem Parasitol 93:225-36. 1998..Fully edited and polyadenylated mRNA for kinetoplast-encoded ribosomal protein S12 (RPS12) was found in the steady-state kinetoplast RNA isolated from Phytomonas serpens strain 1G...
- The combined effects of chronic ethanol/desipramine treatment on beta-adrenoceptor density and coupling efficiency in rat brainG N Gurguis
Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Dallas, TX 75216, USA
Eur J Pharmacol 363:241-51. 1998..These results suggest a complex interplay between ethanol and antidepressants in modulating beta-adrenoceptor function...
- 5-hydroxytryptamine evokes endothelial nitric oxide synthase activation in bovine aortic endothelial cell culturesJ E McDuffie
Department of Pathology, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109, USA
Proc Soc Exp Biol Med 221:386-90. 1999..Further investigation is needed to determine the role of other vascular 5-HT receptors in the stimulation of eNOS activity...
- Studies on the interleukin-6-type cytokine signal transducer gp130 reveal a novel mechanism of receptor activation by monoclonal antibodiesG Muller-Newen
Institut fur Biochemie, Rheinisch Westfälische Technische Hochschule Aachen, D 52074 Aachen, Germany
J Biol Chem 275:4579-86. 2000..Here we show that the recently described gp130-activating antibody B-S12 actually consists of two different monoclonal antibodies...
- 5-HT1B receptor function in OCDCHRISTOPHER JOHN PITTENGER; Fiscal Year: 2012..Better understanding of abnormalities in the serotonin system in OCD will pave the way for new pharmacological treatments of this severe neuropsychiatric disorder. ..
- Serotonin 1B Receptor Imaging in Major Depressive DisorderAlexander Neumeister; Fiscal Year: 2010..This study will help not only to learning more about the biology of depression, but may ultimately help to find better treatments for people with depression. ..
- TWO TYPES OF MONOAMINE OXIDASEJean Chen Shih; Fiscal Year: 2013..abstract_text> ..
- Neuromodulation of midbrain frequency sensitivity by two serotonin receptorsLaura M Hurley; Fiscal Year: 2012....
- DRUGS OF ABUSE IN SEROTONIN RECEPTORS KNOCKOUT MICERene Hen; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- REGULATION OF SEROTONIN RECEPTORSPaul McGonigle; Fiscal Year: 1992....
- ASTROGLIAL SEROTONIN RECEPTORSPatricia Whitaker Azmitia; Fiscal Year: 1990..We will also begin studies of co-cultures of astrocytes and serotonin neurons, to further elucidate this role...
- ROLE OF 5-HT RECEPTORS IN DEVELOPMENTPatricia Whitaker Azmitia; Fiscal Year: 1990..As a result of our work, we will gain insights into human developmental disorders such as Down's syndromes and autism, where serotonergic abnormalities are known to occur...
- Katherine M Nautiyal; Fiscal Year: 2014....
- Scott M Thompson; Fiscal Year: 2016..The normal function of this system is not well understood. Our experiments are designed to better understand the role played by this system in information processing in the healthy brain and how it may malfunction in mental illness. ..
- Serotonin 1B Receptor Imaging in PTSD with and without Co-morbid DepressionAlexander Neumeister; Fiscal Year: 2010..This method allows to determining whether people with PTSD and depression show a different number of serotonin 1b receptors in the brain as compared to healthy people without PTSD and depression and people with only depression. ..
- John F Neumaier; Fiscal Year: 2014....
- Gary M Mawe; Fiscal Year: 2016..The findings of these studies will greatly improve our understanding of purinergic neuromuscular transmission and mucosal serotonin signaling in the gut. ..
- Cerebrovascular Afferent Mechanisms of MigraineANDREA MARIE HARRIOTT; Fiscal Year: 2010..The results from these experiments should help provide unique targets for the treatment of migraine pain and increase the understanding of cerebrovascular afferent mechanisms in initiating migraine pain. ..
- SARA RAULERSON JONES; Fiscal Year: 2014..p. MPH treatment in mice, 2) Sites of 5-HT action, using dual probe microdialysis in mice 3) MPH self-administration in rats 4) 5-HT alterations in response to MPH self-administration. ..
- Serotonin 1B Receptor Imaging in Pathological Gambling and Alcohol DependenceAlexander Neumeister; Fiscal Year: 2010..This method allows to determining whether people with alcohol addiction and people with gambling addiction show a different number of serotonin 1b receptors in the brain as compared to healthy people without these illnesses. ..
- Impact of energy status on the serotonergic regulation of energy balanceLaurence H Tecott; Fiscal Year: 2013..We have found that null mutations of genes encoding these 5-HT receptor subtypes (htr1b- and htr2c-) influence feeding differently in ad libitum fed animals vs. animals that had been fasted...
- Biobehavioral Genetics of CVD RiskIndrani Halder; Fiscal Year: 2013..project aims to comprehensively test several genes in the serotonin pathway (SLC6A4, MAOA, TPH1, TPH2, HTR1A, HTR1B, HTR2A, HTR2C) and genes of inflammatory markers (ILIp, IL6, CRP, TNFa, SELE, SELP, ICAM 1, VCAM 1) for ..
- Biobehavioral Genetics of CVD RiskIndrani Halder; Fiscal Year: 2010..research project aims to comprehensively test genes in the serotonin pathway (SLC6A4, MAOA, TPH1, TPH2, HTR1A, HTR1B, HTR2A, HTR2C) and inflammatory marker genes (IL1B, IL6,TNFa, CRP, SELE, SELF, ICAM1, VCAM1) for association with ..
- 5HT1B Receptor in Antisocial AlcoholicsHOWARD MOSS; Fiscal Year: 2003..g. "Triptans" such as sumatriptan) could have utility as potential therapeutics for antisocial disorders associated with substance abuse. ..
- Time Course and Potentiation of Fluoxetin ActionGeorge Battaglia; Fiscal Year: 2004..The results of the present studies will provide the scientific foundation for the use of specific autoreceptor antagonists as adjunctive therapy with SSRIs to produce a more rapid and effective therapy of mood disorders. ..
- G Protein Coupled Receptor Modulation of Synaptic TransmissionEDAENI YISHAK HAMID; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Simon T Alford; Fiscal Year: 2014..We will determine how this receptor acts and how it modulates chemical communication throughout the brain. ..
- Regional Cystic fibrosis DNA Mutation AnalysisJANE P GETCHELL; Fiscal Year: 2010..1 [Newborn Screening: Towards a Uniform Screening Panel and System. Genet Med. 2006;8(5) Suppl: S12-S252.] CF mutational testing has been recommended and implemented in about half of US states...
- Novel Therapeutics for Translation Control in Breast CancerBulent Ozpolat; Fiscal Year: 2013..This research is significant because it would allow, for the first time, the development of novel and much needed approaches to target breast cancer. 1 ..
- Regulation of Dorsal and Medial Raphe Neural ActivitySheryl G Beck; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- MODULATORY ROLE OF GABA AND 5HT RECEPTORS IN MIGRAINEF Cutrer; Fiscal Year: 1999..With these proposed experiments we seek to better understand the receptor pharmacology of vascular headaches to thereby establish a more rational basis for new drug discovery in migraine and cluster headache. ..
- Evan S Deneris; Fiscal Year: 2015..studies have shown that Pet-1 is needed for the coordinate induction of genes (Tph2, AADC, Sert, Vmat2, Htr1A, Htr1B, MaoB) directly responsible for 5-HT synthesis, reuptake, autoinhibition and metabolism it is not known whether ..
- Polysomes &Subunits: Structure-Function RelationshipsAlbert E Dahlberg; Fiscal Year: 2013..Our second aim is to probe a pathway by which codon recognition is signaled via ribosomal protein S12 and aminoacyl-tRNA to EF-Tu to activate GTP hydrolysis, a key step in the tRNA selection process...
- GENETIC STUDY OF AUTISTIC CHILDREN AND ADOLESCENTSEdwin Cook; Fiscal Year: 1999..The statistical methods have been chosen to reduce the change of a false positive result due to population stratification. ..
- Use of Chronoamperometry to Measure Extracellular 5 HTAlan Frazer; Fiscal Year: 2005..These experiments involve multiple approaches to study an effect of specific antidepressant drugs that may be very important in sustaining the enhancement of monoaminergic transmission that underlies clinical improvement ..
- Serotonin and Stimulus Control of Ingestive ResponsesKenny Simansky; Fiscal Year: 2005..Thus together, the data should be relevant for developing novel strategies for treating obesity, eating disorders and compulsive disorders underlying self-administration substances such as drugs of abuse. ..
- REGULATION OF 5HT 1B RECEPTORS IN SEROTONERGIC NEURONSJohn Neumaier; Fiscal Year: 2001....
- PRESYNAPTIC MECHANISMS IN THE SUPRACHIASMATIC NUCLEUSCHARLES ALLEN; Fiscal Year: 2004..4) Investigate whether there are co-operative interactions between presynaptic neurotransmitter receptors regulating glutamate release from RHT terminals. ..
- SLEEP DEPRIVATION AND 5-HT AUTOREGULATORY PROCESSESRUSSELL POLAND; Fiscal Year: 2005..A better understanding of these sleep deprivation-related changes has the potential to advance our knowledge, both in sleep physiology and antidepressant mechanisms of action. ..
- ETHANOL REINFORCEMENT: THE ROLE OF 5-HT1B RECEPTORSDENISE TOMKINS; Fiscal Year: 2002..abstract_text> ..
- NEUROGENETICS OF ALCOHOL AND SEROTONINTamara Phillips; Fiscal Year: 2000....
- MicroRNA Regulation of Serotonin Receptor 1B and its Relation to BehaviorKevin Jensen; Fiscal Year: 2009..We hypothesize that microRNAs regulate the expression of the serotonin receptor 1B (HTR1B) and that variation in the microRNA response elements will modify HTR1B gene expression and as a ..
- COCAINE/SEX HORMONE/5HT--MOLECULAR & BEHAVIORAL ANALYSESMary Thomas; Fiscal Year: 2002..As a consequence, new insight into potential therapeutic strategies for drug dependence in women as well as the enhanced vulnerability of women to mood and anxiety disorders will be obtained. ..
- Neuropsychopharmacol Interactions - Cocaine & SerotoninKATHRYN CUNNINGHAM; Fiscal Year: 2004..Thus, the release time and salary support provided by this K02 would continue to enhance the development of my career in the science of drug dependence. ..
- TRANSLATION SYSTEM IN THE KINETOPLAST OF LEISHMANIADMITRI MASLOV; Fiscal Year: 2001..Ribosomes will be identified with specific probes for 9S and 12S. rRNA and antibodies against ribosomal protein S12. Functional evaluation of putative ribosomes will be performed by assaying their translation competence in vivo and ..
- GENETIC APPROACHES TO SEROTONIN AND FEEDING BEHAVIORLaurence Tecott; Fiscal Year: 2004..Hypotheses generated from the results of aim 4 will be tested in Aim 5 through the development of mice in which 5-HT2C receptor mutations are localized to restricted brain regions and cell types. ..
- GANGLIOSIDE GM1-MEDIATED TRAFFICKING IN INTESTINAL CELLSAnne Wolf; Fiscal Year: 2005..b>S12. Aim 1 will identify structural features of GM1 which determine association with DIGs and subsequent trafficking ..
- SITE-SELECTIVE SEROTONERGIC AGENTSRICHARD GLENNON; Fiscal Year: 1990..g. 5-HT1D, 5-HT3) or have not yet been identified in human brain (5-HT1B, 5-HT3); studies similar to those described above can ultimately be used to identify/study agents selective for these sites...
- A PET study of 5-HT1B receptor binding as a novel biomarker for cocaine dependencZubin Bhagwagar; Fiscal Year: 2009..Successful completion of this project will allow for the development of novel treatments to help patients and their families combat this problem. ..
- 5-HTIB RECEPTORS AND MECHANISMS OF ETHANOL REINFORCEMENTLoren Parsons; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- ELECTROPHYSIOLOGY OF COCAINE, ETHANOL, AND COCAETHYLENEE Bunney; Fiscal Year: 2001..This KO1 award would free the applicant from clinical responsibility and permit sufficient time for his development as a basic research scientist/clinician. ..
- Gene x Environment Interactions in Attention Deficit Hyperactivity DisorderHolly Barnard; Fiscal Year: 2007..the DRD2, DRD4, DRD5, DAT1, 5HTT, ADRA2C and DBH genes, with plans to add genotyping of polymorphisms in SNAP-25, HTR1B, ADRA2A, DRD1, DRD3 and COMT to ongoing data collection efforts...
- Building Translational Research in Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (R24)HELEN B SIMPSON; Fiscal Year: 2010..Thus, our application is directly relevant to NIMH's mission: to improve mental health by advancing the scientific understanding of a severe mental illness like OCD. ..
- SEROTONIN AND RETINOTECTAL DEVELOPMENTROBERT RHOADES; Fiscal Year: 1999....
- GENETIC STUDIES IN DROSOPHILA MELANOGASTERARTHUR CHOVNICK; Fiscal Year: 1993..However, we have expanded our effort to consider the genes immediately proximal to rosy, namely S12 and the mes complex, as well as the scalloped locus on the X-chromosome...
- SYNAPTIC PHARMACOLOGY OF THE BASAL GANGLIASteven Johnson; Fiscal Year: 1999..In addition, the hypothesis that the straitonigral pathway selectively releases GABA onto GABAB receptors on dopamine neurons in the sustantia nigra zona compacta will be tested. ..
- The role of 5-HT 1Beta receptors in regulating hedonic state and rewardAMY REBECCA FURAY; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Serotonergic regulation of sensorimotor gating in miceDAVID AIREY; Fiscal Year: 2003..This application proposes to analyze the role of variation in two genes, Htr1a and Htr1b, and their products, the G-protein coupled serotonin receptors 5-HT1A and 5-HT1B, in sensorimotor gating processes ..
- CLONING OF THE SEROTONIN 5-HT1B AND 5-HT1D RECEPTORSPaul Hartig; Fiscal Year: 1992....
- MDMA interactions with 5-HT-GABA-DAMICHAEL BANKSON; Fiscal Year: 2005..This will determine the neurochemical consequences of MDMA-induced neurotoxicity and provide insight into the mechanisms that underlie the long-term negative psychological effects associated with MDMA. ..
- AN ECOGENETIC STUDY OF ADHDStephen Faraone; Fiscal Year: 2003..Furthermore, no studies have used an ecogenetic approach to sharpen the accuracy of risk prediction. ..
- Searching for ADHD Susceptibility GenesStephen V Faraone; Fiscal Year: 2010..to search for variants that result in increased susceptibility to ADHD for the DRD4, SLC6A3, DRD5, SNAP25 and HTR1B genes...
- TESTING THE VALIDITY OF ADULT ATTENTION DEFICIT DISORDERStephen Faraone; Fiscal Year: 2002..Thus, if founded, we expect that the proposed work will lead to a program of research that can both clarify the nosological complexities of adult ADHD and clarify the nature of genes that are risk factors for the disorder. ..
- 2/5-The Psychiatric GWAS Consortium: Integrated & Coordinated GWAS Meta-AnalysesStephen Faraone; Fiscal Year: 2008..Finally, the PGC proposes to abide as fully as possible with the NIH's GWAS data sharing policies and we provide a detailed data sharing plan and timetable. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- International Multi-Center ADHD Genetics ProjectStephen Faraone; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Analysis of an ADHD Whole Genome Association ScanStephen Faraone; Fiscal Year: 2007..All genotype data generated by the GAIN whole genome association scan will be made available to the scientific community by GAIN as soon as the genotypes are completed. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Validating Novel Familial Phenotypes of Drug AbuseStephen Faraone; Fiscal Year: 2007..State of the art statistical techniques will be employed. ..