Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: HSPB8
Description: heat shock protein family B (small) member 8
Alias: CMT2L, DHMN2, E2IG1, H11, HMN2, HMN2A, HSP22, heat shock protein beta-8, E2-induced gene 1 protein, alpha-crystallin C chain, heat shock 22kDa protein 8, heat shock 27kDa protein 8, protein kinase H11, small stress protein-like protein HSP22
Publications251 found, 100 shown here
- [Molecular epidemiological study on Escherichia coli O114 by DNA analyses]T Nada
Department of Clinical Laboratory Medicine, Nagoya University Hospital
Kansenshogaku Zasshi 66:465-9. 1992..coli O114 isolated elsewhere (O114:H2, 1 strain; O114:H4, 2 strains; O114:H9, 2 strains; O114:H10, 1 strain; O114:H11, 1 strain; O114:H21, 1 strain; O114:H32, 1 strain). All of E...
- A novel human gene similar to the protein kinase (PK) coding domain of the large subunit of herpes simplex virus type 2 ribonucleotide reductase (ICP10) codes for a serine-threonine PK and is expressed in melanoma cellsC C Smith
Virology Immunology Laboratories, Department of Pharmacology, University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
J Biol Chem 275:25690-9. 2000..1995) Int. J. Onc. 7, 515-522). Here, we report the isolation and characterization of a novel gene, designated H11, that contains an open reading frame of 588 nucleotides, which encodes a protein similar to ICP10 PK...
- A novel gene expressed in human keratinocytes with long-term in vitro growth potential is required for cell growthL Aurelian
Department of Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics, University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
J Invest Dermatol 116:286-95. 2001..Here we report that a novel gene (H11) that codes for a protein similar to herpes simplex virus 2 ribonucleotide reductase protein kinase, is expressed ..
- Interaction of human HSP22 (HSPB8) with other small heat shock proteinsXiankui Sun
Departments of Cell and Developmental Biology, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109, USA
J Biol Chem 279:2394-402. 2004..Recently a new sHSP, HSP22 (HSPB8, H11), was identified in the human heart by its interaction with HSP27 (HSPB1)...
- Hot-spot residue in small heat-shock protein 22 causes distal motor neuropathyJoy Irobi
Department of Molecular Genetics, Flanders Interuniversity Institute for Biotechnology, University of Antwerp, Universiteitsplein 1, B 2610 Antwerpen, Belgium
Nat Genet 36:597-601. 2004..3, we identified the same mutation (K141N) in small heat-shock 22-kDa protein 8 (encoded by HSPB8; also called HSP22). We found a second mutation (K141E) in two smaller families...
- HspB8, a small heat shock protein mutated in human neuromuscular disorders, has in vivo chaperone activity in cultured cellsSerena Carra
Centre de recherche en cancérologie de l Université Laval, L Hôtel Dieu de Québec, 9 rue McMahon, Quebec, Canada G1R 2J6
Hum Mol Genet 14:1659-69. 2005..In the present study, we investigated the capacity of the sHsp, HspB8/Hsp22, to prevent protein aggregation in the cells using the polyglutamine protein Htt43Q as a model...
- Overload of the heat-shock protein H11/HspB8 triggers melanoma cell apoptosis through activation of transforming growth factor-beta-activated kinase 1B Li
Department of Pharmacology, University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
Oncogene 26:3521-31. 2007..We report that overload of the recently cloned H11/HspB8 induces apoptosis in 55% of examined melanoma cultures...
- HspB8 chaperone activity toward poly(Q)-containing proteins depends on its association with Bag3, a stimulator of macroautophagySerena Carra
Centre de Recherche en Cancérologie and Département de Médecine, Universite Laval, Quebec, Canada
J Biol Chem 283:1437-44. 2008Mutations in HspB8, a member of the B group of heat shock proteins (Hsp), have been associated with human neuromuscular disorders. However, the exact function of HspB8 is not yet clear...
- HspB8 and Bag3: a new chaperone complex targeting misfolded proteins to macroautophagySerena Carra
Centre de Recherche en Cancérologie and Département de Médecine, Universite Laval, Quebec, Canada
Autophagy 4:237-9. 2008..The complex is formed of HspB8, a member of the HspB family of molecular chaperones, which is found mutated in neuromuscular diseases, and Bag3, ..
- Activation of the bone morphogenetic protein receptor by H11kinase/Hsp22 promotes cardiac cell growth and survivalXiangzhen Sui
Cardiovascular Research Institute, Department of Cell Biology and Molecular Medicine, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, New Jersey Medical School, Newark, NJ 07103, USA
Circ Res 104:887-95. 2009H11 kinase/Hsp22 (H11K) is a chaperone promoting cardiac cell growth and survival through the activation of Akt, a downstream effector of phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase (PI3K)...
- The small heat shock protein B8 (HspB8) promotes autophagic removal of misfolded proteins involved in amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS)Valeria Crippa
Dipartimento di Endocrinologia, Fisiopatologia e Biologia Applicata Center of Excellence on Neurodegenerative Diseases, CEND, Universita degli Studi di Milano, Milano, Italy
Hum Mol Genet 19:3440-56. 2010..we found that spinal cord motor neurons, accumulating mutant SOD1 also over-express the small heat shock protein HspB8. Using motor neuronal fALS models, we demonstrated that HspB8 decreases aggregation and increases mutant SOD1 ..
- Identification of the Drosophila ortholog of HSPB8: implication of HSPB8 loss of function in protein folding diseasesSerena Carra
Department of Radiation and Stress Cell Biology, University Medical Center Groningen, A Deusinglaan 1, 9713 AV Groningen, The Netherlands
J Biol Chem 285:37811-22. 2010..ataxia 3 and peripheral neuropathies associated with the K141E and K141N mutations in the small heat shock protein HSPB8. In cells, HSPB8 cooperates with BAG3 to stimulate autophagy in an eIF2α-dependent manner and facilitates the ..
- HSPB8 is methylated in hematopoietic malignancies and overexpression of HSPB8 exhibits antileukemia effectXue Ying Cui
State Key Laboratory for Experimental Hematology, Institute of Hematology, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences, Peking Union Medical College, Tianjin, China
Exp Hematol 40:14-21. 2012b>HSPB8 has been shown to be involved in regulation of cell proliferation and apoptosis, and it has also been found to have divergent properties in solid tumors...
- NF-κB regulates protein quality control after heat stress through modulation of the BAG3-HspB8 complexMathieu Nivon
Universite de Lyon, Lyon, F 69361, France
J Cell Sci 125:1141-51. 2012..of misfolded or aggregated proteins--a process also called 'aggrephagy'--by controlling the expression of BAG3 and HSPB8 and by modulating the level of the BAG3-HspB8 complex...
- Forced expression of the H11 heat shock protein can be regulated by DNA methylation and trigger apoptosis in human cellsMichael D Gober
Department of Pharmacology, University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21201, USA
J Biol Chem 278:37600-9. 2003b>H11, the eukaryotic homologue of a herpes simplex virus protein, has the crystallin motif of heat shock proteins (Hsp), but it differs from canonical family members in that mRNA and protein levels were reduced in various tumor tissues ..
- Effective medicinal plants against enterohaemorrhagic Escherichia coli O157:H7Supayang Voravuthikunchai
School of Biotechnology and Biomolecular Sciences, The University of New South Wales, Sydney 2052, Australia
J Ethnopharmacol 94:49-54. 2004..different strains of Escherichia coli, including 6 strains of Escherichia coli O157:H7, Escherichia coli O26:H11, Escherichia coli O111:NM, Escherichia coli O22; 5 strains of Escherichia coli isolated from bovine; and ..
- Purification and characterization of a phage-encoded cytotoxin from an Escherichia coli O111 strain associated with hemolytic-uremic syndromeH Karch
Zentralbl Bakteriol Mikrobiol Hyg A 270:41-51. 1988..Taken together, our data established CT111 as a potent cytotoxin with significant enterotoxic and neurotoxic properties similar or identical to Shiga toxin and to Shiga-like toxin I from E. coli O26:H11 and O157:H7 strains.
- Serotypes, virulence genes and intimin types of Shiga toxin (verocytotoxin)-producing Escherichia coli isolates from minced beef in Lugo (Spain) from 1995 through 2003Azucena Mora
Laboratorio de Referencia de E coli, Departamento de Microbioloxia e Parasitoloxia, Universidade de Santiago de Compostela USC, 27002 Lugo, Spain
BMC Microbiol 7:13. 2007..Also to establish if those STEC isolated from food possessed the same virulence profiles as STEC strains causing human infections...
- Identification and characterization of integron-mediated antibiotic resistance among Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli isolatesS Zhao
Division of Animal and Food Microbiology, Office of Research, U S Food and Drug Administration, Center for Veterinary Medicine, 8401 Muirkirk Road, Laurel, MD 20708, USA
Appl Environ Microbiol 67:1558-64. 2001..Class 1 integrons were identified among nine STEC isolates, including serotypes O157:H7, O111:H11, O111:H8, O111:NM, O103:H2, O45:H2, O26:H11, and O5:NM...
- Bovine feces from animals with gastrointestinal infections are a source of serologically diverse atypical enteropathogenic Escherichia coli and Shiga toxin-producing E. coli strains that commonly possess intiminMichael A Hornitzky
Elizabeth Macarthur Agricultural Institute, New South Wales Department of Primary Industries, Private Mail Bag 8, Camden, New South Wales 2570, Australia
Appl Environ Microbiol 71:3405-12. 2005..Microbiol. 68:6439-6445, 2002). Forty-seven STEC serotypes were identified, including O5:H-, O8:H19, O26:H-, O26:H11, O113:H21, O157:H7, O157:H- and Ont:H- which are known to cause severe disease in humans and 23 previously ..
- Genome sequence of the plant growth promoting endophytic bacterium Enterobacter sp. 638Safiyh Taghavi
Biology Department, Brookhaven National Laboratory, Upton, New York, United States of America
PLoS Genet 6:e1000943. 2010..b>H11-11), a potentially important biofuel feed stock plant. The Enterobacter sp...
- Evidence for a novel autosomal dominant retinitis pigmentosa linked to chromosome 1p22.1-q12 in a Chinese familyYuan Yuan
Center for Gene Diagnosis, Zhongnan Hospital, Wuhan University, Wuhan, China
Curr Eye Res 36:154-67. 2011..To identify the causative genetic locus in a Chinese autosomal dominant retinitis pigmentosa (adRP) family that contained seven affected members in three generations...
- Denaturation and reactivation of dimeric human glutathione reductase--an assay for folding inhibitorsA Nordhoff
Institute of Biochemistry II, Universitat Heidelberg, Germany
Eur J Biochem 245:273-82. 1997..to subunit-interface areas, for example synthetic peptide P11, which represents the intersubunit-contact helix H11. The structure of this peptide, which might assist inhibitor design, was solved by high-resolution NMR spectroscopy...
- Identification of human-pathogenic strains of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli from food by a combination of serotyping and molecular typing of Shiga toxin genesLothar Beutin
National Reference Laboratory for Escherichia coli, Centre for Infectiology and Pathogen Characterization 4Z, Federal Institute for Risk Assessment BfR, Diedersdorfer Weg 1, Berlin, Germany
Appl Environ Microbiol 73:4769-75. 2007..Only 1.8% of the STEC strains from food belonged to the classical enterohemorrhagic E. coli (EHEC) types O26:H11, O103:H2, and O157:H7, and only 5...
- Sequence diversity of Bacillus thuringiensis flagellin (H antigen) protein at the intra-H serotype levelDong Xu
Agriculture and Agri Food Canada, Research Centre, 430 Gouin Blvd, Saint Jean sur Richelieu, Quebec, Canada J3B 3E6
Appl Environ Microbiol 74:5524-32. 2008..Amino acid sequences in the flagellin central variable region were highly conserved among serovars of the H3, H5, H11, and H20 serotypes and much more divergent among serovars of the H4, H10, H18, H24, and H28 serotypes...
- Avian influenza in North and South America, 2002-2005Dennis A Senne
USDA, Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service, Veterinary Services, National Veterinary Services Laboratories, 1800 Dayton Road, Ames, IA 50010, USA
Avian Dis 51:167-73. 2007..Animal Health Officials in Canada reported subtypes H3, H5, and H6 in domestic poultry, and H3, H5, H11, and H13 from imported and/or wild bird species...
- Further evidence for genetic heterogeneity of distal HMN type V, CMT2 with predominant hand involvement and Silver syndromeBarbara Rohkamm
Institute of Human Genetics, Medical University Graz, Austria
J Neurol Sci 263:100-6. 2007..Mutations in the heat-shock proteins HSPB1 and HSPB8 can cause related distal hereditary motor neuropathies (dHMN) and are considered candidates for dHMN-V, CMT2, and ..
- Comparative analysis of structural diversity and sequence evolution in plant mitochondrial genes transferred to the nucleusShao Lun Liu
UBC Botanical Garden and Centre for Plant Research, and Department of Botany, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC, Canada
Mol Biol Evol 26:875-91. 2009..In eight separate cases, the presequence was acquired from either the hsp70 chaperonin gene or the hsp22 chaperonin gene...
- The complete DNA sequence and analysis of the virulence plasmid and of five additional plasmids carried by Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O26:H11 strain H30Pina M Fratamico
Eastern Regional Research Center, Agricultural Research Service, U S Department of Agriculture, 600 E Mermaid Lane, Wyndmoor, PA 19038, USA
Int J Med Microbiol 301:192-203. 2011..The complete nucleotide sequence and genetic organization of 6 plasmids carried by STEC O26:H11 strain H30 were determined...
- [Antibacterial actin of vinegar against food-borne pathogenic bacteria including Escherichia coli O157:H7 (Part 1). Examination of bacteriostatic and bactericidal activities]E Entani
Nakano Central Research Institute of Nakano Vinegar Co. Ltd
Kansenshogaku Zasshi 71:443-50. 1997..Susceptibility of 7 EHEC strains (6 E. coli O157:H7 isolated from 3 outbreaks and 1 E. coli O26:H11 from a sporadic case) to spirit vinegar was similar to each other, and much lower than that of an enteropathogenic ..
- Verotoxin-producing Escherichia coli in Spain: prevalence, serotypes, and virulence genes of O157:H7 and non-O157 VTEC in ruminants, raw beef products, and humansJorge Blanco
Laboratorio de Referencia de E coli, Departamento de Microbiologia y Parasitologia, Facultad de Veterinaria, Universidad de Santiago de Compostela, Campus de Lugo, 27002 Lugo, Spain
Exp Biol Med (Maywood) 228:345-51. 2003..Among the strains isolated from humans, serotypes O26:H11, O111:H-, and O157:H7 were found to be more prevalent...
- Survival of Escherichia coli O157:H7, O111:H- and O26:H11 in artificially contaminated chocolate and confectionery productsC L Baylis
Campden and Chorleywood Food Research Association, Chipping Campden, Gloucestershire, GL55 6LD, UK
Int J Food Microbiol 96:35-48. 2004..coli O157:H7, O111:H- and O26:H11 and their survival, as affected by storage temperature (10, 22 and 38 degrees C), was monitored over 12 months...
- Detection of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli serotypes O26:H11, O103:H2, O111:H8, O145:H28, and O157:H7 in raw-milk cheeses by using multiplex real-time PCRJordan Madic
Anses Laboratoire de Sécurité des Aliments, 23 Avenue du Général de Gaulle, 94706 Maisons Alfort cedex, France
Appl Environ Microbiol 77:2035-41. 2011..real-time PCR assays for the screening of 400 raw-milk cheeses for the five main pathogenic STEC serotypes (O26:H11, O103:H2, O111:H8, O145:H28, and O157:H7)...
- Detection of hemolysin variants of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli by PCR and culture on vancomycin-cefixime-cefsulodin blood agarA Lehmacher
Hygiene Institute Hamburg, National Reference Centre for Enteric Pathogens, Germany
Appl Environ Microbiol 64:2449-53. 1998..of elyA from human STEC isolates of serovars frequently detected in Germany, such as O157:H-, O103:H2, O103:H-, O26:H11, and O26:H-, showed nucleotide sequences identical to previously reported ones for O157:H7 and O111:H- strains...
- Parasite vaccines--a reality?J P Dalton
School of Biotechnology, Dublin City University, Dublin 9, Ireland
Vet Parasitol 98:149-67. 2001..In addition, the cathepsin L vaccines against the liver fluke, Fasciola hepatica, and the H11 vaccine against Haemonchus contortus are progressing well. There are also many additional vaccine candidates for H...
- The role of syndecan-2 in regulation of actin-cytoskeletal organization of Lewis lung carcinoma-derived metastatic clonesSeiichi Munesue
Department of Biotechnology, Faculty of Engineering, Kyoto Sangyo University, Kyoto 603 8555, Japan
Biochem J 363:201-9. 2002..In contrast, higher metastatic LM66-H11 cells formed cortex actin even on substrata containing both ligands...
- Mitochondrial DNA haplogroup H structure in North AfricaHajer Ennafaa
Laboratory of Genetics, Immunology and Human Pathology at the Faculty of Sciences of Tunis, Faculty of Sciences of Tunis, University El Manar I, Tunis, Tunisia
BMC Genet 10:8. 2009..The dissection of the mtDNA haplogroup H in North Africa, and its comparison with the Iberian Peninsula and Near-East profiles would help clarify the relative affinities among these regions...
- Cooperation of syndecan-2 and syndecan-4 among cell surface heparan sulfate proteoglycans in the actin cytoskeletal organization of Lewis lung carcinoma cellsYuri Kusano
Clinical Research Center, Nagoya National Hospital, 4 1 1 Sannomaru, Naka ku, Nagoya 460 0001
J Biochem 135:129-37. 2004..P29 cells with high expression form stress fibers, whereas the same tumor-derived low expressers, LM66-H11 cells, form cortex actin [Munesue, S., Kusano, Y., Oguri, K., Itano, N., Yoshitomi, Y., Nakanishi, H., Yamashina, I...
- Role and clinical course of verotoxigenic Escherichia coli infections in childhood acute diarrhoea in ArgentinaMariana Alejandra Rivero
Area Inmunoquímica y Biotecnología, Departamento de Sanidad Animal y Medicina Preventiva, Facultad de Ciencias Veterinarias, Universidad Nacional del Centro de la Provincia de Buenos Aires, Pinto 399 7000, Tandil, Argentina
J Med Microbiol 59:345-52. 2010..Isolates belonged to the serotypes O157 : H7, O145 : H(-), O26 : H11, O121 : H19, O111 : H2 and O118 : H2. HUS developed in 16 (36.4 %) patients positive for VTEC virulence genes...
- Proteasome activation during cardiac hypertrophy by the chaperone H11 Kinase/Hsp22Nadia Hedhli
New Jersey Medical School, Department of Cell Biology and Molecular Medicine, Cardiovascular Research Institute, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, 185 South Orange Avenue, MSB G 609, Newark, NJ 07103, USA
Cardiovasc Res 77:497-505. 2008..The purpose of this study was to determine the quantitative and qualitative adaptation of the proteasome during stable cardiac hypertrophy...
- Evolutionary relationships among pathogenic and nonpathogenic Escherichia coli strains inferred from multilocus enzyme electrophoresis and mdh sequence studiesG M Pupo
Department of Microbiology, The University of Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Infect Immun 65:2685-92. 1997..e., M502 (EIEC; O112ac:NM), M503 (EPEC; O111:H12), M526 (ETEC; O159:H4), M522 (EPEC; O111ac:H12), M524 (ETEC; O78:H11), and M506 (ETEC; O78:H11), were found to have mdh sequences identical to those of five ECOR group A strains (ECOR5,..
- Serotypes, virulence genes, and intimin types of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli (STEC) and enteropathogenic E. coli (EPEC) isolated from calves in São Paulo, BrazilL Aidar-Ugrinovich
Departamento de Microbiologia e Imunologia, Instituto de Biologia, Universidade de Campinas, 13081 970, Campinas, SP, Brazil
Int J Food Microbiol 115:297-306. 2007..The most frequent serotypes among STEC strains were O7:H10, O22:H16, O111:H(-), O119:H(-) and O174:H21, whereas O26:H11, O123:H11 and O177:H11 were the most prevalent among EPEC strains...
- L-Sorbose utilization by virulent Escherichia coli and Shigella: different metabolic adaptation of pathotypesAnselm Lehmacher
Institut für Hygiene und Umwelt, Abteilung Mikrobiologischer Verbraucherschutz, Marckmannstrasse 129a, D 20539 Hamburg, Germany
Int J Med Microbiol 297:245-54. 2007..gene, and hemolysin gene as well as use of L-Sorbose suggested the relatedness of attaching and effacing O26:H11 and O55:H7 EPEC and STEC, respectively. pepE and yibC genes flank the sor operon of E. coli and Shigella strains...
- Characterization of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli strains isolated from human patients in Germany over a 3-year periodLothar Beutin
Division of Microbial Toxins, Department of Biological Safety, Robert Koch Institute, D 13353 Berlin, Germany
J Clin Microbiol 42:1099-108. 2004..Eleven serotypes (O157:[H7], O26:[H11], O103:H2, O91:[H14], O111:[H8], O145:[H28], O128:H2, O113:[H4], O146:H21, O118:H16, and O76:[H19]) accounted for ..
- Efficacy of posaconazole and amphotericin B in experimental invasive pulmonary aspergillosis in dexamethasone immunosuppressed ratsAndrew J Ullmann
3rd Medical Department, Johannes Gutenberg University, Mainz, Germany
J Antimicrob Chemother 60:1080-4. 2007..Invasive pulmonary aspergillosis is associated with high mortality. To assess new antifungal therapy options, animal models have to be developed to assess, in an appropriate setting, the activity of new drugs...
- Engineering of PDMS surfaces for use in microsystems for capture and isolation of complex and biomedically important proteins: epidermal growth factor receptor as a model systemAaron M Lowe
Department of Chemical and Biological Engineering, University of Wisconsin, 1415 Engineering Drive, Madison, WI 53706, USA
Lab Chip 8:1357-64. 2008..These results reveal that two pan-reactive antibodies for the EGF receptor (clones H11 and 111...
- Shiga-toxigenic Escherichia coli detection in stool samples screened for viral gastroenteritis in Alberta, CanadaMarc Roger Couturier
Alberta Provincial Laboratory for Public Health, Edmonton, Alberta T6G 2J2, Canada
J Clin Microbiol 49:574-8. 2011..Several of the serotypes identified (O157:H7, O26:HNM, O26:H11, O103:H25, O121:H19, and O145:HNM) have been previously associated with outbreaks and HUS...
- Virulence profiling and quantification of verocytotoxin-producing Escherichia coli O145:H28 and O26:H11 isolated during an ice cream-related hemolytic uremic syndrome outbreakGlenn Buvens
Belgian Reference Laboratory for VTEC EHEC, Department of Microbiology and Infection Control, Universitair Ziekenhuis Brussel, Vrije Universiteit Brussel, Brussels, Belgium
Foodborne Pathog Dis 8:421-6. 2011..2007, a mixed-serotype outbreak of verocytotoxin-producing Escherichia coli (VTEC) O145:H28 and O26:H11 occurred in the province of Antwerp, Belgium...
- Two-dimensional NMR studies on the anthramycin-d(ATGCAT)2 adductT R Krugh
Department of Chemistry, University of Rochester, New York 14627
Biochemistry 28:9988-94. 1989..network of anthramycin-nucleotide NOEs and the measurement of the 10-Hz coupling constant between the anthramycin H11 and H11a protons shows that anthramycin is covalently attached as the S stereoisomer at the anthramycin C11 ..
- Leaf sheath cuticular waxes on bloomless and sparse-bloom mutants of Sorghum bicolorM A Jenks
Department of Horticulture and Landscape Architecture, Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN 47907 1165, USA
Phytochemistry 54:577-84. 2000..and h10 mutations caused more than 91% reduction in total waxes, whereas the remaining six mutants, bm9, bm11, h7, h11, h12 and h13, caused between 35 and 78% reduction in total wax load...
- Association of genomic O island 122 of Escherichia coli EDL 933 with verocytotoxin-producing Escherichia coli seropathotypes that are linked to epidemic and/or serious diseaseMohamed A Karmali
Laboratory for Foodborne Zoonoses, Population and Public Health Branch, Health Canada, Guelph, Ontario, Canada
J Clin Microbiol 41:4930-40. 2003..with outbreaks and HUS but less commonly than serotype O157:H7) comprised three strains each of serotypes O26:H11, O103:H2, O111:NM, O121:H19, and O145:NM...
- Increased expression of H11 kinase stimulates glycogen synthesis in the heartLi Wang
Cardiovascular Research Institute, Department of Cell Biology and Molecular Medicine, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, New Jersey Medical School, 185 South Orange Street, MSB G 609, Newark, NJ 07103, USA
Mol Cell Biochem 265:71-8. 2004b>H11 kinase is a serine/threonine kinase preferentially expressed in the heart, which participates in cardiac cell growth and also in cytoprotection during ischemia...
- Generation of novel high quality HMW-GS genes in two introgression lines of Triticum aestivum/Agropyron elongatumShuwei Liu
School of Life Sciences, Shandong University, Jinan, PR China
BMC Evol Biol 7:76. 2007..But wheat cultivars have limited number of high quality HMW-GS. However, novel HMW-GS were found to be present in many wheat asymmetric somatic hybrid introgression lines of common wheat/Agropyron elongatum...
- Virulence analysis of Hessian fly populations from Texas, Oklahoma, and KansasMing Shun Chen
Plant Science and Entomology Research Unit, Grain Marketing and Production Research Center, USDA ARS, 1515 College Ave, Manhattan, KS 66506, USA
J Econ Entomol 102:774-80. 2009..from Texas, Oklahoma, and Kansas was determined, using the resistance genes H3, H4, H5, H6, H7H8, H9, H10, H11, H12, H13, H16, H17, H18, H21, H22, H23, H24, H25, H26, H31, and Hdic...
- Mutant HSPB8 causes motor neuron-specific neurite degenerationJoy Irobi
Peripheral Neuropathy, VIB Department of Molecular Genetics, University of Antwerp, Antwerp, Belgium
Hum Mol Genet 19:3254-65. 2010..HSPB8 (HSP22) cause distal hereditary motor neuropathy (distal HMN) or Charcot-Marie-Tooth neuropathy type 2L (CMT2L). The mechanism through which mutant HSPB8 leads to a specific motor neuron disease phenotype is currently unknown...
- Rational design of antimicrobial C3a analogues with enhanced effects against Staphylococci using an integrated structure and function-based approachMukesh Pasupuleti
Section of Dermatology and Venereology, Department of Clinical Sciences, Lund University, Biomedical Center, Tornavagen 10, SE 221 84 Lund, Sweden
Biochemistry 47:9057-70. 2008..A central histidine residue (H11), evolutionarily conserved among vertebrates, conferred high selectivity toward microbes, while substitutions with ..
- Two domains of MalT, the activator of the Escherichia coli maltose regulon, bear determinants essential for anti-activation by MalKEvelyne Richet
Unité de Génétique Moléculaire, URA CNRS 2172, Institut Pasteur, 25, rue de Dr Roux, 75724 Paris Cedex 15, France
J Mol Biol 347:1-10. 2005..In vivo and in vitro analyses revealed that the substitutions altering the so-called H10/H11 motif do not affect the ability of MalT to activate transcription or its sensitivity to MalY and Aes, but ..
- [The epidemiology of hemolytic uremic syndrome in Argentina. Diagnosis of the etiologic agent, reservoirs and routes of transmission]Marta Rivas
Servicio Fisiopatogenia, Instituto Nacional de Enfermedades Infecciosas ANLIS Dr Carlos G Malbran, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Medicina (B Aires) 66:27-32. 2006..E. coil O157:H7 is the most prevalent STEC serotype. However, other serotypes (O26:H11; O103:H2; O111:NM; O121:H19; O145:NM, among others) can cause a similar disease spectrum...
- Enterohaemorrhagic Escherichia coli O26:H11/H-: a human pathogen in emergenceMartina Bielaszewska
Institut fur Hygiene, und Nationales Konsiliarlaboratorium für Hämolytisch Urämisches Syndrom, Universitat Munster, Robert Koch Str 41, 48149 Munster, Germany
Berl Munch Tierarztl Wochenschr 120:279-87. 2007Enterohaemorrhagic Escherichia coli (EHEC) O26:H11 have emerged as the most important non-O157:H7 EHEC, with respect to their ability to cause diarrhoea and the haemolytic uraemic syndrome (HUS)...
- Paget's disease in gynecomastia: immunohistochemical study of a caseP Muretto
Servizio di Anatomia ed Istologia Patologica, Ospedale S. Salvatore, USL n. 3, Pesaro
Tumori 74:183-90. 1988..The study using monoclonal anti-cytokeratin A (35 beta H11), B (34 beta E12) and C (34 beta B4) could represent a good tool, supporting the theory of a ductal origin of Paget ..
- [Result of antibiotic therapy for children with Escherichia coli O26:H11 infection]H Sakata
Department of Pediatrics, Asahikawa Kosei Hospital
Kansenshogaku Zasshi 72:1-4. 1998Between the end of November 1996 and the beginning of March 1997, there was an outbreak of Escherichia coli O26:H11 infection in Asahikawa. The strain produced only verotoxin type 1...
- Human papillomavirus type 11 recombinant L1 capsomeres induce virus-neutralizing antibodiesR C Rose
Departments of Medicine, Rochester, New York 14642 MedImmune, Inc, Gaithersburg, Maryland 20878, USA
J Virol 72:6151-4. 1998..L. Garcea, J. Virol. 71:2988-2995, 1997). In the present study, HPV-11 virion-neutralizing monoclonal antibodies H11.F1 and H11.H3, previously characterized as recognizing two distinct HPV-11 capsid-neutralizing antigenic domains (S...
- Identification of membrane topography of the electrogenic sodium bicarbonate cotransporter pNBC1 by in vitro transcription/translationSergei Tatishchev
Division of Nephrology, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Los Angeles, California 90095, USA
Biochemistry 42:755-65. 2003..The results of the in vitro transcription/translation analysis indicated that 10 (H1, H2N, H3, H5, H6, H7, H8, H9, H11, and H12) out of 12 hydrophobic sequences were able to insert into the plasma membrane...
- Pathogenicity of enterohemorrhagic Escherichia coli in neonatal calves and evaluation of fecal shedding by treatment with probiotic Escherichia coliTong Zhao
Center for Food Safety, University of Georgia, Griffin, Georgia 30223 1797, USA
J Food Prot 66:924-30. 2003The pathogenicity and fecal shedding of enterohemorrhagic Escherichia coli (EHEC) O26:H11, O111:NM, and O157:H7 were compared in calves (< 1 week of age) with or without prior treatment with probiotic bacteria (competitive exclusion E...
- Fecal shedding of enterohemorrhagic Escherichia coli in weaned calves following treatment with probiotic Escherichia coliSuzana Tkalcic
Department of Pathology, College of Veterinary Medicine, University of Georgia, Athens, Georgia 30602 7388, USA
J Food Prot 66:1184-9. 2003The fecal shedding and pathogenicity of enterohemorrhagic E. coli (EHEC) O26:H11, EHEC O111:NM, and EHEC O157:H7 in weaned calves (8 to 10 weeks of age) were compared with and without treatment with a three-strain mixture of probiotic ..
- A national surveillance of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli in food-producing animals in JapanM Kijima-Tanaka
National Veterinary Assay Laboratory, Tokyo, 185 8511, Japan
J Vet Med B Infect Dis Vet Public Health 52:230-7. 2005..19 belonged to serotypes frequently implicated in human disease (O157:H7/non-motile (NM)/H not typeable, O26:NM/H11/H21/H not typeable, O113:H21, and O145:NM)...
- Serotypes and analysis of distribution of Shiga toxin producing Escherichia coli from cattle and sheep in the lower North Island, New ZealandA L Cookson
Rumen Microbial Functional Genomics Group, Metabolism and Microbial Genomics, AgResearch Ltd, Grasslands Research Centre, Private Bag 11008, Palmerston North, New Zealand
N Z Vet J 54:78-84. 2006....
- Study on conformation interconversion of 3-alkyl-4-acetyl-3,4-dihydro-2H-1,4-benzoxazines from dynamic NMR experiments and ab initio density functional calculationsGang Yang
State Key Laboratory of Catalysis, Dalian Institute of Chemical Physics, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Dalian 116023, People s Republic of China
J Phys Chem B 109:18690-8. 2005..With CDCl3 as the solvent, the coalescence temperatures of H2, H3, H11, and H19 of product 1 are about 289, 304, 292, and 316 K, with the corresponding activation free energies at 58...
- Human muscular fetal cells: a potential cell source for muscular therapiesNathalie Hirt-Burri
Pediatric Surgery Laboratory, University Hospital Lausanne, CHUV, CI 02 60, Lausanne, Switzerland
Pediatr Surg Int 24:37-47. 2008..1 H11 antibodies...
- Prevalence and diversity of avian influenza viruses in environmental reservoirsAndrew S Lang
Department of Biology, Memorial University of Newfoundland, St John s, NL A1B 3X9, Canada
J Gen Virol 89:509-19. 2008..We sequenced 117 partial HA gene clones from 11 samples and detected four different HA subtypes (H3, H8, H11 and H12), with approximately 65% of clone sequences being unique...
- Genetic and phenotypic characterization of a low-pathogenicity avian influenza H11N9 virusJinling Li
Department of Population Health and Reproduction, University of California, Surge III, One Shields Avenue, Davis, CA 95616, USA
Arch Virol 153:1899-908. 2008..This duck-origin virus had genetic features typical of H11 and N9 viruses, including no neuraminidase stalk deletion, no differences in putative glycosylation sites in either ..
- [Frequency up-conversion properties of Er3+ /Yb3+ co-doped zinc oxide powders]Qun Wu
Institute of Modern Physics, Key Laboratory of Low Dimensional Materials and Application Technology, Ministy of Education, Xiangtan University, Xiangtan 411105, China
Guang Pu Xue Yu Guang Pu Fen Xi 28:1473-8. 2008..centered at 658, 538, 522 and 409 nm, corresponding to the transitions 4F9/2 --> 4I15/2, 4S3/2 --> 4I15/2, 2 H11/2 --> 4I15/2 and 2 H9/2 --> I15/2, respectively, were observed...
- BAG-1 induces autophagy for cardiac cell survivalNarasimman Gurusamy
Cardiovascular Research Center, University of Connecticut School of Medicine, Farmington, CT 06030 1110, USA
Autophagy 5:120-1. 2009..Moreover, another BAG family member, BAG-3, is responsible for the induction of macroautophagy in association with HspB8. These results show the involvement of BAG family members in the induction of autophagy for the degradation of ..
- Helix dynamics in a membrane transport protein: comparative simulations of the glycerol-3-phosphate transporter and its constituent helicesRobert S G D'Rozario
Department of Biochemistry, University of Oxford, Oxford, UK
Mol Membr Biol 25:571-83. 2008..In particular, the simulations highlight the cavity-lining helices (H4, H5, H10 and H11) as being significantly flexible, suggesting that the transport mechanism may involve intra-helix motions in ..
- Outbreak of non-O157 Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli infection from consumption of beef sausageSteen Ethelberg
Department of Bacteriology, Mycology, and Parasitology, Statens Serum Institut, Copenhagen, Denmark
Clin Infect Dis 48:e78-81. 2009We describe an outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O26:H11 infection in 20 patients (median age, 2 years). The source of the infection was an organic fermented beef sausage...
- Genomic diversity of pathogenic Escherichia coli of the EHEC 2 clonal complexGaleb S Abu-Ali
Microbial Evolution Laboratory, National Food Safety and Toxicology Center, 165 Food Safety and Toxicology Building, Michigan State University, East Lansing, Michigan 48824, USA
BMC Genomics 10:296. 2009..In this study, we analyzed a set of 24 clinical EHEC 2 strains representing serotypes O26:H11, O111:H8/H11, O118:H16, O153:H11 and O15:H11 from humans and animals by comparative genomic hybridization (CGH) on ..
- Key residues on microtubule responsible for activation of kinesin ATPaseSeiichi Uchimura
Laboratory for Molecular Biophysics, Brain Science Institute, RIKEN, Wako, Saitama, Japan
EMBO J 29:1167-75. 2010..which are critical for kinesin motility, namely, a cluster of negatively charged residues spanning the helix 11-12 (H11-12) loop and H12 of alpha-tubulin, and the negatively charged residues in H12 of beta-tubulin...
- Multiyear surveillance for avian influenza virus in waterfowl from wintering grounds, Texas coast, USAPamela J Ferro
Texas A and M University, College Station, Texas, USA
Emerg Infect Dis 16:1224-30. 2010..7%, and H7 in 0.6%. Virus isolation yielded 134 influenza A viruses, including N1-N9, H1-H7, H10, and H11 subtypes...
- Analysis of agonist and antagonist effects on thyroid hormone receptor conformation by hydrogen/deuterium exchangeA C M Figueira
Universidade de Sao Paulo, Departamento Física e Informática, Instituto de Fisica, Avenida Trabalhador Sãocarlense 400, Sao Carlos, SP, Brazil
Mol Endocrinol 25:15-31. 2011..However, there is also extensive ligand protection of other regions, including the dimer surface at H10-H11, providing evidence for allosteric communication between the ligand-binding pocket and distant interaction surfaces...
- Determination of serotypes of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli isolates by intact cell matrix-assisted laser desorption ionization-time of flight mass spectrometryAxel Karger
Friedrich Loeffler Institut, Südufer 10, D 17493 Greifswald Insel Riems, Germany
Appl Environ Microbiol 77:896-905. 2011Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli (STEC) isolates representing the serotypes O165:H25, O26:H11/H32, and O156:H25 were analyzed by matrix-assisted laser desorption/ionization (MALDI) mass spectra of whole cells, a procedure also ..
- Differential expression and induction of small heat shock proteins in rat brain and cultured hippocampal neuronsBritta Bartelt Kirbach
Institute of Anatomy and Cell Biology, University of Ulm, Ulm, Germany
J Neurosci Res 89:162-75. 2011..2) showing the highest expression levels (4-24% of reference genes) followed by HspB1 (Hsp25) and HspB8 (Hsp22; 0.1-2% of reference genes), all being widely expressed in the brain areas investigated...
- HSPB1, HSPB6, HSPB7 and HSPB8 protect against RhoA GTPase-induced remodeling in tachypaced atrial myocytesLei Ke
Department of Radiation and Stress Cell Biology, University Institute for Drug Exploration GUIDE, University of Groningen, University Medical Center Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands
PLoS ONE 6:e20395. 2011..Furthermore, modulating effects of HSPB on RhoA GTPase activity and F-actin stress fiber formation were examined, as this pathway was found of prime importance in tachycardia remodeling events and the initiation of AF...
- Molecular dynamics modeling of tubulin C-terminal tail interactions with the microtubule surfaceHolly Freedman
CCMAR, FCT, University of Algarve, Campus de Gambelas, Faro, Portugal
Proteins 79:2968-82. 2011..We found that the α-tubulin tail interacts with the H11 helix of β-tubulin, and the β-tubulin tail interacts with the H11 helix of α-tubulin...
- [The effect of HSPB8 gene mutation on cell viability in Charcot-Marie-Tooth disease type 2L]Shu jian Li
Department of Neurology, Henan Provincial People s Hospital, Zhengzhou, Henan, People s Republic of China
Zhonghua Yi Xue Yi Chuan Xue Za Zhi 28:528-31. 2011To study the effect of Charcot-Marie-Tooth 2L disease causing gene K141N mutation in heat shock protein B8 gene (HSPB8) on cell viability.
- Escherichia coli from clinical mastitis: serotypes and virulence factorsJosé Benedito C Fernandes
Setor de Medicina Veterinária Preventiva e Saúde Pública, Departamento de Veterinaria, Universidade Federal de Vicosa, Vicosa, Minas Gerais, Brazil
J Vet Diagn Invest 23:1146-52. 2011..Serogroups were determined for 3 isolates: O93:H4, O83:H19, and O15:H11. Phylogenetic analysis showed that 23 isolates belonged to group A and 4 belonged to B1...
- α-Glucosylated 6-gingerol: chemoenzymatic synthesis using α-glucosidase from Halomonas sp. H11, and its physical propertiesTeruyo Ojima
Nihon Shokuhin Kako Co, Ltd, 30 Tajima, Fuji, Shizuoka 417 8530, Japan
Carbohydr Res 354:59-64. 2012..184.108.40.206) from Aspergillus niger, Aspergillus nidulans ABPU1, Acremonium strictum, Halomonas sp. H11, and Saccharomyces cerevisiae, and cyclodextrin glucanotransferases (CGTase, EC. 2.4.1...
- Restored expression of the atypical heat shock protein H11/HspB8 inhibits the growth of genetically diverse melanoma tumors through activation of novel TAK1-dependent death pathwaysC C Smith
Department of Pharmacology, University of Maryland, School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21201 1559, USA
Cell Death Dis 3:e371. 2012..The atypical heat shock protein H11/HspB8 has kinase activity and is silenced in melanoma through aberrant DNA methylation...
- Solid-state luminescence of Au-Cu-alkynyl complexes induced by metallophilicity-driven aggregationIgor O Koshevoy
Department of Chemistry, University of Eastern Finland, Joensuu, 80101, Finland
Chemistry 19:5104-12. 2013....
- Mutational inactivation of herpes simplex virus 1 microRNAs identifies viral mRNA targets and reveals phenotypic effects in cultureOmar Flores
Department of Molecular Genetics and Microbiology and Center for Virology, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina, USA
J Virol 87:6589-603. 2013..Only 9 of the 17 reported HSV-1 miRNAs, i.e., miR-H1 to miR-H8 plus miR-H11, were found to actually load into the RISC...
- Intimin gene (eae) subtype-based real-time PCR strategy for specific detection of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli serotypes O157:H7, O26:H11, O103:H2, O111:H8, and O145:H28 in cattle fecesDelphine Bibbal
INSERM UMR1043, INRA USC1360, Universite de Toulouse, INP, ENVT, Toulouse, France
Appl Environ Microbiol 80:1177-84. 2014Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli (STEC) strains belonging to serotypes O157:H7, O26:H11, O103:H2, O111:H8, and O145:H28 are known to be associated with particular subtypes of the intimin gene (eae), namely, γ1, β1, ε, θ, and γ..
- Draft Whole-Genome Sequences of Nine Non-O157 Shiga Toxin-Producing Escherichia coli StrainsRebecca L Lindsey
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Genome Announc 2:. 2014..This is the first report of such information for STEC of serotypes O69, H11, O145:H25, O118:H16, O91:H21, O146:H21, O45:H2, O128:H2, and O121:H19.
- Negatively charged metallacarborane redox couples with both members stable to airMarius Lupu
Institut de Ciencia dels Materials, CSIC, Campus UAB, Bellaterra, 08193 Spain M L and A Z are enrolled in the UAB PhD program
Chemistry 21:6888-97. 2015The metallacarborane [3,3'-Co(1,2-closo-C2 B9 H11 )2 ](-) has been synthesized. This species allows the formation of redox couples in which both partners are negatively charged...
- Combined Treatment of Herbal Mixture Extract H9 with Trastuzumab Enhances Anti-tumor Growth EffectSunyi Lee
Department of Life Systems, Sookmyung Women s University, Seoul 140 742, Republic of Korea
J Microbiol Biotechnol 25:1036-46. 2015..Among the three types of herbal extracts, H9 showed stronger anti-tumor growth effects than H5 and H11 in vivo...
- Atomic and molecular analysis highlights the biophysics of unprotonated and protonated retinal in UV and scotopic visionCarlos Kubli-Garfias
Instituto de Investigaciones Biomedicas, Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Mexico, Mexico, D F 04510, Mexico
Photochem Photobiol Sci 14:1660-72. 2015..analyzed: the energy profile, hybridization, pyramidalization and the hydrogen-out-of-plane (HOOP) wagging from the H11-C11[double bond, length as m-dash]C12-H12 dihedral angle...
- Structural and Dynamical Insight into PPARγ Antagonism: In Silico Study of the Ligand-Receptor Interactions of Non-Covalent AntagonistsFilip Fratev
Institute of Biophysics and Biomedical Engineering, Bulgarian Academy of Sciences, 1113 Sofia, Bulgaria
Int J Mol Sci 16:15405-24. 2015..Two key interactions have been detected within the cavity between helices H3, H11 and the activation helix H12, as well as with H12...
- Draft Genome Sequences of Human-Pathogenic Escherichia coli O26:H11 Strains Carrying the stx2 Gene Only and Circulating in FranceSabine Delannoy
Universite Paris Est, Anses, Food Safety Laboratory, Platform IdentyPath, Maisons Alfort, France
Genome Announc 3:. 2015Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli (STEC) O26:H11 is one of the most frequent pathogens associated with diarrhea and hemolytic-uremic syndrome (HUS)...
- Targeted Amplicon Sequencing for Single-Nucleotide-Polymorphism Genotyping of Attaching and Effacing Escherichia coli O26:H11 Cattle Strains via a High-Throughput Library Preparation TechniqueSarah A Ison
Department of Animal and Food Sciences, Texas Tech University, Lubbock, Texas, USA
Appl Environ Microbiol 82:640-9. 2015Enterohemorrhagic Escherichia coli (EHEC) O26:H11, a serotype within Shiga toxin-producing E. coli (STEC) that causes severe human disease, has been considered to have evolved from attaching and effacing E...
- Small heat shock proteins are induced during multiple sclerosis lesion development in white but not grey matterLaura A N Peferoen
Department of Pathology, VU University Medical Centre, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Acta Neuropathol Commun 3:87. 2015..Yet, their role in the neuroinflammatory disorder multiple sclerosis (MS) is largely undocumented. With the exception of alpha B-crystallin (HSPB5), little is known about the roles of small HSPs in disease...
- Identification of the Isoform-specific Interactions between the Tail and the Head of Class V MyosinLin Lin Yao
From the Group of Cell Motility and Muscle Contraction, State Key Laboratory of Integrated Management of Pest Insects and Rodents, Institute of Zoology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing 100101, China and
J Biol Chem 291:8241-50. 2016..We found that Myo5a-GTD, with its H11-H12 loop being substituted with that of Myo5c, was able to inhibit the ATPase activity of Myo5c and that Myo5a-GTD ..
- Molecular characterization of Echinococcus granulosus isolates from Bulgarian human cystic echinococcosis patientsIrina Marinova
Institute of Parasitology, Vetsuisse Faculty and Faculty of Medicine, University of Bern, 3012, Bern, Switzerland
Parasitol Res . 2017..granulosus s.s. (G3), with H1 and H10 being the most frequent in Bulgarian patients. The haplotypes H1, H4, and H11 were also present in Greek hydatid cyst samples of animal origin. In conclusion, E. granulosus s.s...
- TREATMENT INTERVENTIONS FOR HEMORRHAGIC COLITISEdgar Boedeker; Fiscal Year: 1999..This RDEC H19A, produced by the transfer of the toxin-converting phage H19A of an 026:H11 EHEC to the rabbit entero-pathogenic E. coli RDEC-1, is an attaching and effacing rabbit pathogen...
- Intervention strategies of hemorrhagic colitis and HUSEdgar Boedeker; Fiscal Year: 2004..RDEC-H19A, produced by the transfer of the toxin-converting phage H19A of an O26:H11 EHEC to the rabbit entero-pathogenic E...
- Aging specific gene expression in DrosophilaJOHN GERARD TOWER; Fiscal Year: 2013..with a tissue-specific induction of oxidative stress response genes, including members of the hsp70 family and hsp22 (alpha-crystallin) family...
- INTERVENTIONAL STRATEGIES FOR HEMORRHAGIC COLITISEdgar Boedeker; Fiscal Year: 2000..RDEC-H19A, produced by the Transfer of the toxin-converting phage H19A of an O26:H11 EHEC to the rabbit entero-pathogenic E.coli RDEC-1, is an attaching and effacing rabbit pathogen...
- DOROTHY EILEEN VATNER; Fiscal Year: 2014..Project 4, "Survival Role of H11 Kinase during Myocardial Ischemia", is a new project which focuses on cardioprotection mechanisms invoked by H11 ..
- Role of Stress-Response Protein gp96 in the Persistence of Rheumatoid ArthritisRichard M Pope; Fiscal Year: 2012..We also demonstrate that another potential TLR ligand, HSP22, which activates through TLR4, is abundant in RA synovial fluids...
- Pre-emptive conditioning of the ischemic heartDorothy E Vatner; Fiscal Year: 2012..We propose that H11 kinase/Hsp22 (H11K) is both necessary and sufficient to reproduce the pattern of gene expression that characterizes the ..
- Mark T Groudine; Fiscal Year: 2016..sensitive DNA Selection and Ligation (DSL) array-based method, will focus on a 1mb region of human chromosome 11 (h11) centered on the LCR, using a currently available array...
- ??PK mediated melanoma stem cell oncolysis through non-redundant programmed cellARIC G COLUNGA; Fiscal Year: 2011..These pathways include increased calpain and caspase activities, upregulation of the epigenetically silenced gene H11 that has a tumor suppressor-like function in melanoma, enhanced expression of the autophagy-related protein Beclin ..
- Strategic Targeting of Price Discounts for Cigarettes: Firm and Consumer BehaviorDean R Lillard; Fiscal Year: 2010..a smoker is more likely to successfully quit if he is offered more smoking cessation product coupons;and H11: A smoker is more likely to switch to lower priced brands than he is to quit smoking or continue smoking the same ..
- Metal Toxicant Effects-Small Heat-Shock Protein FunctionMichael Welsh; Fiscal Year: 2005..metal effects on HSP27 function in kidney tubular epithelium, and Project 4 will focus on a newly discovered sHSP, HSP22, and the association of HSP22 with other sHSPs in muscle and how metal affects sHSPs and their molecular ..
- Primate Model for Pharmaceutical DevelopmentYou Tang Shen; Fiscal Year: 2005..An example of such a novel gene and protein is H11-kinase, which has been characterized by our laboratory and is undergoing patent application by the university and ..
- GENETIC AND MOLECULAR ANALYSIS OF LIVER SPECIFICATIONGARY BULLA; Fiscal Year: 1999..Ectopic expression of cloned HNF4 in H11 cells rescues expression of endogenous HNF1 and HNF1-responsive genes...
- Neuroprotection and ERK activation by HSV-2 gene ICP10PKLaure Aurelian; Fiscal Year: 2007..The studies will provide significant information required for the development of ICP10PK based therapies for the treatment of acute and chronic neurodegenerative diseases that are associated with apoptosis. ..
- MOLECULAR STUDIES OF ERYTHEMA MULTIFORMELaure Aurelian; Fiscal Year: 2004..They will also generate clinically relevant information for the diagnosis and management of HAEM patients as differentiated from those with EM caused by other pathogens or by drug sensitivity. ..
- Role of H11 kinase in cardiac cell growthChristophe Depre; Fiscal Year: 2007b>H11 kinase is the eukaryotic homologue of ICP10 protein kinase, a Ras-GAP kinase from Herpes Simplex required for virus growth. In normal tissues, H11 kinase expression is restricted to the heart and skeletal muscle...
- Prostaglandin I synthase, Thromboxane A synthase & Prostaglandin E synthaseKe He Ruan; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- ESTROGEN INDUCED PROGRESSION IN BREAST CANCERRobert Clarke; Fiscal Year: 2001....
- 2003 Gordon Research Conference - Biology of AgingJohn Tower; Fiscal Year: 2003..Significant funding is also provided by the Gordon Research Conference Organization, and additional funds are being solicited from private foundations and industry. ..
- DROSOPHILA LONGEVITY ASSURANCE GENESJohn Tower; Fiscal Year: 2003..PdL creates dominant conditional mutations, which should greatly facilitate the identification, characterization and cloning of novel Drosophila LAGs. ..
- STRUCTURE & FUNCTION RELATIONSHIP: PROSTANOID RECEPTORSKe He Ruan; Fiscal Year: 2008..Determine the solution conformation of segments comprising the intracellular domains. ..
- Molecular Analysis of Human Breast CancerRobert Clarke; Fiscal Year: 2007..AIM 4: We will use tissue arrays (multiple cores from archival tissues arrayed on glass slides) to validate and optimize the performance of these classifiers in a retrospective prognostic study of human breast tumors. ..
- Drosophila DNA Replication OriginsJohn Tower; Fiscal Year: 2005..The experiments will test a number of specific hypotheses as to the organization and regulation of the chorion locus DNA replication origins. ..