Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: hSlu7
Description: SLU7 homolog, splicing factor
Alias: 9G8, hSlu7, pre-mRNA-splicing factor SLU7, SLU7 splicing factor homolog, splicing factor, step II splicing factor SLU7, zinc knuckle motif containing
Publications248 found, 100 shown here
- Specific alterations of U1-C protein or U1 small nuclear RNA can eliminate the requirement of Prp28p, an essential DEAD box splicing factorJ Y Chen
Department of Molecular Genetics, Ohio State University, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
Mol Cell 7:227-32. 2001..Thus, in addition to unwinding RNA, the DExD/H box proteins may affect RNA-RNA rearrangements by antagonizing specific RNA-stabilizing proteins...
- The RNA splicing factor hSlu7 is required for correct 3' splice-site choiceK Chua
Department of Cell Biology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Nature 402:207-10. 1999..Here we describe a metazoan splicing factor (hSlu7) that is required for selection of the correct AG...
- PRP38 encodes a yeast protein required for pre-mRNA splicing and maintenance of stable U6 small nuclear RNA levelsS Blanton
T H Morgan School of Biological Sciences, University of Kentucky, Lexington 40506 0225
Mol Cell Biol 12:3939-47. 1992An essential pre-mRNA splicing factor, the product of the PRP38 gene, has been genetically identified in a screen of temperature-sensitive mutants of Saccharomyces cerevisiae...
- Molecular cloning of human fibroblast hyaluronic acid-binding protein confirms its identity with P-32, a protein co-purified with splicing factor SF2. Hyaluronic acid-binding protein as P-32 protein, co-purified with splicing factor SF2T B Deb
Biochemistry Laboratory, School of Environmental Sciences, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi, India
J Biol Chem 271:2206-12. 1996..sequence has complete homology with the cDNA sequence of a protein P-32, co-purified with the human pre-mRNA splicing factor SF2 (Krainer, A.R., Mayeda, A., Kozak, D., and Binns, G. (1991) Cell 66, 383-394)...
- Differential expression of the splicing regulatory factor genes during two-step chemical transformation in a BALB/3T3-derived cell line, MT-5T Maeda
Department of Radiology and Radiation Oncology, Osaka University School of Dentistry, 1 8 Yamadaoka, Suita, Osaka 565 0871, Japan
Carcinogenesis 20:2341-4. 1999..Gene expression of three splicing regulatory factors, alternative splicing factor/splicing factor 2 (ASF/SF2), heterogeneous nuclear ribonucleoprotein A2 (hnRNP A2) and the 65 kDa subunit of ..
- Age-dependent differential expression of fibronectin variants in skin and airway mucosal woundsHa Sheng Li-Korotky
Division of Pediatric Otolaryngology, Children s Hospital of Pittsburgh, 8100 Rangos Research Center, 3460 Fifth Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
Arch Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 133:919-24. 2007..From a rabbit model of airway mucosal wound healing, we isolated and cloned an RNA splicing factor, SRp20, that was coexpressed with Fn1 complementary DNA and suppressed in fetal wounds but induced in ..
- Removal of a single alpha-tubulin gene intron suppresses cell cycle arrest phenotypes of splicing factor mutations in Saccharomyces cerevisiaeC Geoffrey Burns
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Department of Cell Biology, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, Tennessee 37232, USA
Mol Cell Biol 22:801-15. 2002....
- Dual effect of the SR proteins ASF/SF2, SC35 and 9G8 on HIV-1 RNA splicing and virion productionSandrine Jacquenet
Laboratoire de Médecine et Thérapeutique Moléculaire, INSERM CIC9501, 15 rue du Bois de la Champelle, 54500 Vandoeuvre les Nancy, France
Retrovirology 2:33. 2005..we used a human cell line expressing high levels of complete HIV-1 and either one of the ASF/SF2, SC35, and 9G8 SR proteins...
- Identification and characterization of human genes encoding Hprp3p and Hprp4p, interacting components of the spliceosomeA Wang
Division of Respiratory Research, Hospital for Sick Children, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario M5G 1X8, Canada
Hum Mol Genet 6:2117-26. 1997..Hprp3p is a 77 kDa protein, which is homologous to the Saccharomyces cerevisiae splicing factor Prp3p...
- Synthetic lethal mutations suggest interactions between U5 small nuclear RNA and four proteins required for the second step of splicingD Frank
Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics, University of California, San Francisco 94143
Mol Cell Biol 12:5197-205. 1992....
- The splicing factor PRP2, a putative RNA helicase, interacts directly with pre-mRNAS Teigelkamp
Institute of Cell and Molecular Biology, University of Edinburgh, UK
EMBO J 13:888-97. 1994The RNA helicase-like splicing factor PRP2 interacts only transiently with spliceosomes. To facilitate analysis of interactions of PRP2 with spliceosomal components, PRP2 protein was stalled in splicing complexes by two different methods...
- The plant U1 small nuclear ribonucleoprotein particle 70K protein interacts with two novel serine/arginine-rich proteinsM Golovkin
Department of Biology and Program in Cell and Molecular Biology, Colorado State University, Fort Collins, Colorado 80523, USA
Plant Cell 10:1637-48. 1998..SRZ proteins are similar to human 9G8 splicing factor because they contain a zinc knuckle, precipitate with 65% ammonium sulfate, and cross-react with the 9G8 ..
- Identification of a pre-mRNA splicing factor, arginine/serine-rich 3 (Sfrs3), and its co-expression with fibronectin in fetal and postnatal rabbit airway mucosal and skin woundsHa Sheng Li-Korotky
Division of Pediatric Otolaryngology, Children s Hospital of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
Biochim Biophys Acta 1762:34-45. 2006..One encodes a rabbit fibronectin gene, Fn1, and another shares a high sequence homology to a human pre-mRNA splicing factor, arginine/serine-rich 3 (Sfrs3), coding for a RNA binding protein, SRp20...
- Poly(ADP-ribose) binds to the splicing factor ASF/SF2 and regulates its phosphorylation by DNA topoisomerase IMaria Malanga
Department of Structural and Functional Biology, University Federico II, Via Cinthia, Monte S Angelo, Naples, Italy
J Biol Chem 283:19991-8. 2008..We found that, in the presence of both DNA and the alternative splicing factor/splicing factor 2 (ASF/SF2, a prototypical SR-protein), poly(ADP-ribose) affected topoisomerase I substrate ..
- Evaluation of splicing efficiency in lymphoblastoid cell lines from patients with splicing-factor retinitis pigmentosaLenka Ivings
Section of Ophthalmology and Neuroscience, Leeds Institute of Molecular Medicine, University of Leeds, St James s University Hospital, Leeds, United Kingdom
Mol Vis 14:2357-66. 2008..The aim of this study was to use lymphoblast cell lines derived from RP patients to determine whether mutations in two of these splicing factors, PRPF8 and PRPF31, cause measurable deficiencies in pre-mRNA splicing...
- RNA binding activity of heterodimeric splicing factor U2AF: at least one RS domain is required for high-affinity bindingD Z Rudner
Department of Molecular and Cell Biology, University of California, Berkeley, California 94720 3204, USA
Mol Cell Biol 18:4004-11. 1998The pre-mRNA splicing factor U2AF (U2 small nuclear ribonucleoprotein particle [snRNP] auxiliary factor) plays a critical role in 3' splice site selection...
- Functional and phenotypical comparison of myofibroblasts derived from biopsies and bronchoalveolar lavage in mild asthma and sclerodermaKristoffer Larsen
Experimental Medical Science, Division of Vascular and Airway Research, Lund University, S 221 84 Lund, Sweden
Respir Res 7:11. 2006..Furthermore, we have compared phenotypic alterations in activated fibroblasts from BALF and bronchial biopsies from patients with mild asthma and SSc that may account for the distinct fibrotic responses...
- Subcutaneous fat shows higher thyroid hormone receptor-alpha1 gene expression than omental fatFrancisco J Ortega
Department of Diabetes, Endocrinology and Nutrition, Institut d Investigació Biomédica de Girona and CIBEROBN CB06 03 010, Instituto de Salud Carlos III, Girona, Spain
Obesity (Silver Spring) 17:2134-41. 2009..TR alpha, TR alpha 1, and TR alpha 2 mRNA levels, and the gene expressions of arginine-serine-rich, splicing factor 2 (SF2), heterogeneous nuclear ribonucleoprotein H1 (hnRNP H1), heterogeneous nuclear ribonucleoprotein A1 (..
- Vitamin A metabolite, all-trans-retinoic acid, mediates alternative splicing of protein kinase C deltaVIII (PKCdeltaVIII) isoform via splicing factor SC35Hercules Apostolatos
James A Haley Veterans Hospital, Tampa, Florida 33612, USA
J Biol Chem 285:25987-95. 2010..Overexpression and knockdown of the splicing factor SC35 (i.e. SRp30b) indicated that it is involved in PKCdeltaVIII alternative splicing...
- Modulation of DNA topoisomerase I activity by p53C Gobert
Rhone Poulenc Rorer SA, Centre de Recherche de Vitry Alfortville, Vitry sur Seine, France
Biochemistry 35:5778-86. 1996..topoisomerase I activity as measured by relaxation of supercoiled DNA and by phosphorylation of SR protein splicing factor. The increase in catalytic activity occurs in parallel with the nuclear accumulation of p53, resulting in ..
- Polypyrimidine tract-binding protein-associated splicing factor is a negative regulator of transcriptional activity of the porcine p450scc insulin-like growth factor response elementR J Urban
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston 77555 1060, USA
Mol Endocrinol 14:774-82. 2000..In this study, we showed that polypyrimidine tract-binding protein (PTB)-associated splicing factor (PSF), an RNA-binding component of spliceosomes, binds to the IGFRE...
- SAP155 Binds to ceramide-responsive RNA cis-element 1 and regulates the alternative 5' splice site selection of Bcl-x pre-mRNAAutumn Massiello
Department of Biochemistry, Rm 2 016, Sanger Hall, Virginia Commonwealth University, 1101 East Marshall St, P O Box 980614, Richmond, Virginia 23298 0614, USA
FASEB J 20:1680-2. 2006..In this study, mass spectrometric analysis identified the splicing factor SAP155, as an RNA trans-acting factor binding to the purine-rich CRCE 1...
- Assessment of SNPs associated with the human glucocorticoid receptor in primary open-angle glaucoma and steroid respondersJohn H Fingert
Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences, University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA, USA
Mol Vis 16:596-601. 2010..Several arginine/serine-rich splicing factor (SR) proteins have been implicated in alternative splicing of the GR...
- Mutations in the small subunit of the Drosophila U2AF splicing factor cause lethality and developmental defectsD Z Rudner
Department of Molecular and Cell Biology, University of California, Berkeley 94720, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 93:10333-7. 1996The essential eukaryotic pre-mRNA splicing factor U2AF (U2 small nuclear ribonucleoprotein auxiliary factor) is required to specify the 3' splice at an early step in spliceosome assembly...
- Association of the rat heterogeneous nuclear RNA-ribonucleoprotein F with TATA-binding proteinT Yoshida
Department of Biology, Faculty of Science, Chiba University, Chiba, Japan
FEBS Lett 457:251-4. 1999Heterogeneous nuclear ribonucleoprotein F (hnRNP-F) has been shown to be a pre-mRNA splicing factor. Recent studies have uncovered the coordination of synthesis of pre-mRNA and its processing, including post-transcriptional modification ..
- Multiple U2AF65 binding sites within SF3b155: thermodynamic and spectroscopic characterization of protein-protein interactions among pre-mRNA splicing factorsKaren R Thickman
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Bloomberg School of Public Health, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
J Mol Biol 356:664-83. 2006..complexes between the large subunit of the U2 small nuclear RNA auxiliary factor (U2AF65) with the splicing factor 1 (SF1) or the spliceosomal component SF3b155 are exchanged during a critical, ATP-dependent step of pre-mRNA ..
- The 35-kDa mammalian splicing factor SC35 mediates specific interactions between U1 and U2 small nuclear ribonucleoprotein particles at the 3' splice siteX D Fu
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Harvard University, Cambridge, MA 02138
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 89:1725-9. 1992The splicing factor SC35 is required for the first step of the splicing reaction and for the assembly of the earliest ATP-dependent complex detected by native gel electrophoresis (A complex)...
- A conserved Drosophila transportin-serine/arginine-rich (SR) protein permits nuclear import of Drosophila SR protein splicing factors and their antagonist repressor splicing factor 1Eric Allemand
Institut de Genetique Moleculaire, Unité Mixte Recherche 5535 du Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, l Institut Fédératif de Recherches 24, F34293 Montpellier, France
Mol Biol Cell 13:2436-47. 2002..proteins prompted us to examine the mechanism by which Drosophila SR proteins and their antagonist repressor splicing factor 1 (RSF1) are imported into nucleus...
- Novel splicing factor RBM25 modulates Bcl-x pre-mRNA 5' splice site selectionAnyu Zhou
Department of Medical Oncology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, 44 Binney Street, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Mol Cell Biol 28:5924-36. 2008..These data suggest a novel mode for Bcl-x(S) 5' ss activation in which binding of RBM25 with exonic element CGGGCA may stabilize the pre-mRNA-U1 snRNP through interactions with hLuc7A...
- Phosphorylation-dependent interaction between the splicing factors SAP155 and NIPP1An Boudrez
Afdeling Biochemie, Faculteit Geneeskunde, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, B 3000 Leuven, Belgium
J Biol Chem 277:31834-41. 2002..expressed nuclear protein that functions both as a regulator of protein Ser/Thr phosphatase-1 and as a splicing factor. The N-terminal part of NIPP1 consists of a phosphothreonine-interacting Forkhead-associated (FHA) domain...
- Alternative splicing regulation during C. elegans development: splicing factors as regulated targetsSergio Barberan-Soler
Department of MCD Biology, University of California Santa Cruz, Santa Cruz, California, United States of America
PLoS Genet 4:e1000001. 2008..Among the genes with the most developmentally regulated alternatively splicing was the hnRNP F/H splicing factor homolog, W02D3.11 - now named hrpf-1...
- Relative amounts of antagonistic splicing factors, hnRNP A1 and ASF/SF2, change during neoplastic lung growth: implications for pre-mRNA processingLaura K Zerbe
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, Colorado 802262, USA
Mol Carcinog 41:187-96. 2004..Heterogeneous nuclear ribonucleoprotein (hnRNP) A1 and alternative splicing factor/splicing factor 2 (ASF/SF2) act antagonistically to modulate splice site selection...
- The splicing factor Prp43p, a DEAH box ATPase, functions in ribosome biogenesisNina B Leeds
Department of Molecular Genetics and Cell Biology, University of Chicago, 920 E 58th St, Chicago, Illinois 60637, USA
Mol Cell Biol 26:513-22. 2006..efficient biogenesis of both small- and large-subunit rRNAs requires the DEAH box ATPase Prp43p, a pre-mRNA splicing factor. By steady-state analysis, a cold-sensitive prp43 mutant accumulates 35S pre-rRNA and depletes 20S, 27S, and ..
- Interplay between polypyrimidine tract binding protein-associated splicing factor and human myometrial progesterone receptorsA J Tyson-Capper
The Medical School, Institute of Cellular Medicine, Newcastle University, 3rd Floor, William Leech Building, Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
J Mol Endocrinol 43:29-41. 2009..that i) the human splicing and transcription factor, polypyrimidine tract binding protein-associated splicing factor (PSF), is spatially and temporally regulated in the myometrium during pregnancy and labour; ii) PSF ..
- Expression of Galectin-3 and Galectin-7 in thyroid malignancy as potential diagnostic indicatorsT H Than
Department of Paraclinical Sciences, Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences, Universiti Malaysia Sarawak, Lot 77 Sect 22, Jalan Tun Ahmad Zaidi Adruce, Kuching 93150, Malaysia
Singapore Med J 49:333-8. 2008..Galectins are beta-galactoside-binding proteins with Gal-3 being a redundant pre-mRNA splicing factor. They are supposed to be p53-related regulators in cell growth and apoptosis, being either anti-apoptotic or ..
- A human protein required for the second step of pre-mRNA splicing is functionally related to a yeast splicing factorD S Horowitz
Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory, Cold Spring Harbor, New York 11724, USA
Genes Dev 11:139-51. 1997We have identified a human splicing factor required for the second step of pre-mRNA splicing. This new protein, hPrp18, is 30% identical to the yeast splicing factor Prp18...
- Cloning of mDEAH9, a putative RNA helicase and mammalian homologue of Saccharomyces cerevisiae splicing factor Prp43S Gee
Life Sciences Division, Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, University of California, Berkeley, CA 94720, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 94:11803-7. 1997Yeast splicing factor Prp43, a DEAH box protein of the putative RNA helicase/RNA-dependent NTPase family, is a splicing factor that functions late in the pre-mRNA splicing pathway to facilitate spliceosome disassembly...
- SPF30 is an essential human splicing factor required for assembly of the U4/U5/U6 tri-small nuclear ribonucleoprotein into the spliceosomeJ Rappsilber
Protein Interaction Laboratory, University of Southern Denmark, Campusvej 55, DK 5230 Odense M, Denmark
J Biol Chem 276:31142-50. 2001..The data indicate that SPF30 is an essential human splicing factor that may act to dock the U4/U5/U6 tri-snRNP to the A complex during spliceosome assembly or, alternatively, ..
- Binding of a SART3 tumor-rejection antigen to a pre-mRNA splicing factor RNPS1: a possible regulation of splicing by a complex formationK Harada
Department of Immunology, Kurume University School of Medicine, Kurume, Fukuoka, Japan
Int J Cancer 93:623-8. 2001..a 2-hybrid screening in yeast for proteins interacting with SART3, and this method yielded a pre-mRNA splicing factor (RNA-binding protein prevalent during the S phase or RNA-binding protein with a serine-rich domain [RNPS1]) ..
- A potential molecular mechanism for regulating pre-mRNA splicing of implantation-related genes through unique uterine expression of splicing factor SC35 in women and rhesus monkeysG Y Nie
Prince Henry s Institute of Medical Research, PO Box 5152, Clayton, Victoria 3168, Australia
Reproduction 124:209-17. 2002b>Splicing factor SC35 is an essential component of the spliceosome, the cellular apparatus that removes introns from pre-mRNA to provide alternatively spliced isoforms...
- The RNA splicing factor ASF/SF2 inhibits human topoisomerase I mediated DNA relaxationFelicie F Andersen
Department of Molecular and Structural Biology, University of Aarhus, C F Møllers Alle, Denmark
J Mol Biol 322:677-86. 2002..We demonstrate that the splicing factor ASF/SF2 inhibits relaxation by interfering with the DNA cleavage and/or DNA binding steps of human ..
- CRS1, a chloroplast group II intron splicing factor, promotes intron folding through specific interactions with two intron domainsOren Ostersetzer
Department of Biology and Institute of Molecular Biology, University of Oregon, Eugene, Oregon 97403, USA
Plant Cell 17:241-55. 2005..We present a biochemical analysis of the interactions between a nuclear-encoded group II splicing factor and its chloroplast intron target...
- The protein kinase DYRK1A phosphorylates the splicing factor SF3b1/SAP155 at Thr434, a novel in vivo phosphorylation siteKatrin de Graaf
Institute of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Medical Faculty, RWTH Aachen University, Wendlingweg 2, 52074 Aachen, Germany
BMC Biochem 7:7. 2006..DYRK1A is a nuclear protein kinase that has been localized to the splicing factor compartment...
- Survey of conserved alternative splicing events of mRNAs encoding SR proteins in land plantsKei Iida
Faculty of Bio Science, Nagahama Institute of Bio Science and Technology, Siga, Japan
Mol Biol Evol 23:1085-94. 2006..These conserved AS events were found in the plant-novel-SR protein, SC35-like (SCL), and two-Zn-knuckles-type 9G8 subfamilies...
- Whitesnake/sfpq is required for cell survival and neuronal development in the zebrafishLaura Anne Lowery
Whitehead Institute for Biomedical Research, and Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02142, USA
Dev Dyn 236:1347-57. 2007..We show that the whitesnake mutant corresponds to the sfpq (splicing factor, proline/glutamine rich) gene, encoding the PSF protein (polypyrimidine tract-binding protein-associated ..
- Mutation in the splicing factor Hprp3p linked to retinitis pigmentosa impairs interactions within the U4/U6 snRNP complexJuana Maria Gonzalez-Santos
Physiology and Experimental Medicine Research Program, Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, ON, Canada
Hum Mol Genet 17:225-39. 2008Mutations in PRPF3, a gene encoding the essential pre-mRNA splicing factor Hprp3p, have been identified in patients with autosomal dominant retinitis pigmentosa type 18 (RP18)...
- Disease mechanism for retinitis pigmentosa (RP11) caused by missense mutations in the splicing factor gene PRPF31Susan E Wilkie
University College London Institute of Ophthalmology, London, United Kingdom
Mol Vis 14:683-90. 2008Missense mutations in the splicing factor gene PRPF31 cause a dominant form of retinitis pigmentosa (RP11) with reduced penetrance...
- Decreased levels of the RNA splicing factor Prpf3 in mice and zebrafish do not cause photoreceptor degenerationJohn J Graziotto
F M Kirby Center for Molecular Ophthalmology, Scheie Eye Institute, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 49:3830-8. 2008..Mutations in PRPF3 have been implicated in retinitis pigmentosa (RP) 18 through an unknown mechanism. The authors created and characterized Prpf3 knockout mice and zebrafish to determine whether RP18 is a result of haploinsufficiency...
- Regulation of human neurotropic JC virus replication by alternative splicing factor SF2/ASF in glial cellsIlker Kudret Sariyer
Department of Neuroscience and Center for Neurovirology, Temple University School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States of America
PLoS ONE 6:e14630. 2011....
- The Cdk9 and cyclin T subunits of TAK/P-TEFb localize to splicing factor-rich nuclear speckle regionsC H Herrmann
Dept of Molecular Virology and Microbiology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030, USA
J Cell Sci 114:1491-503. 2001..These results suggest that cyclin T1 functions to recruit its binding partners to nuclear speckles and raises the possibility that nuclear speckles are a site of TAK/P-TEFb function...
- A splicing factor, Prp8: preferential localization in the testis and ovary in adult miceA Takahashi
Department of Biochemistry, Department of Ophthalmology, Nagoya University School of Medicine, Tsurumai cho, Showa Ku, Nagoya 466 8550, Japan
J Biochem 129:599-606. 2001Prp8 is a splicing factor of 220 kDa originally identified in yeast and is a component of the U5 small nuclear ribonucleoprotein particle. Mouse Prp8 cDNA was cloned and shown to share 62.6 and 68...
- Solution structure and ligand recognition of the WW domain pair of the yeast splicing factor Prp40Silke Wiesner
Structural Biology Programme, EMBL Heidelberg, Meyerhofstr 1, 69117 Heidelberg, Germany
J Mol Biol 324:807-22. 2002The yeast splicing factor pre-mRNA processing protein 40 (Prp40) comprises two N-terminal WW domains, separated by a ten-residue linker, and six consecutive FF domains...
- Cloning of a novel RNA binding polypeptide (RA301) induced by hypoxia/reoxygenationN Matsuo
Department of Anatomy and Neuroscience, Osaka University Medical School, Suita City, Japan
J Biol Chem 270:28216-22. 1995..showed two ribonucleoprotein domains and serine/arginine-rich domains, suggestive of their function as RNA splicing factor. Northern analysis displayed striking induction only in cultured astrocytes within 15 min of reoxygenation ..
- The yeast splicing factor Mud13p is a commitment complex component and corresponds to CBP20, the small subunit of the nuclear cap-binding complexH V Colot
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Brandeis University, Department of Biology, Waltham, Massachusetts 02254, USA
Genes Dev 10:1699-708. 1996..They contain pre-mRNA, U1 snRNP, and the splicing factor Mud2p and probably correspond to the mammalian E complexes, which contain pre-mRNA, U1 snRNP, and the ..
- Genetic depletion reveals an essential role for an SR protein splicing factor in vertebrate cellsS M Mount
Department of Microbiology, University of Maryland, College Park, USA
Bioessays 19:189-92. 1997..for genetic depletion of the chicken B cell line DT40 has revealed that the SR protein ASF/SF2 (alternative splicing factor/splicing factor 2) is essential for viability in these cells(1)...
- Cross-intron bridging interactions in the yeast commitment complex are conserved in mammalsN Abovich
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Department of Biology, Brandeis University, Waltham, Massachusetts 02254, USA
Cell 89:403-12. 1997..Msl5p (renamed BBP for branchpoint bridging protein) has a mammalian ortholog, the splicing factor SF1...
- A role for SRp54 during intron bridging of small introns with pyrimidine tracts upstream of the branch pointC F Kennedy
Verna and Marrs McLean Department of Biochemistry, Program in Cell and Molecular Biology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Mol Cell Biol 18:5425-34. 1998One of the earliest steps in pre-mRNA recognition involves binding of the splicing factor U2 snRNP auxiliary factor (U2AF or MUD2 in Saccharomyces cerevisiae) to the 3' splice site region...
- Identification of a regulated pathway for nuclear pre-mRNA turnoverC Bousquet-Antonelli
Wellcome Trust Centre for Cell Biology ICMB, University of Edinburgh, Scotland
Cell 102:765-75. 2000..When splicing was inhibited by mutation of a splicing factor, inhibition of turnover resulted in 20- to 50-fold accumulation of pre-mRNAs, accompanied by increased mRNA ..
- Activation function-1 domain of androgen receptor contributes to the interaction between subnuclear splicing factor compartment and nuclear receptor compartment. Identification of the p102 U5 small nuclear ribonucleoprotein particle-binding protein as a cYue Zhao
Department of Medicine and Bioregulatory Science 3rd Department of Internal Medicine, Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Kyushu University, Maidashi 3 1 1, Higashi ku, Fukuoka 812 8582, Japan
J Biol Chem 277:30031-9. 2002..to that of a protein that binds to U5 small nuclear ribonucleoprotein particle, a human homologue of yeast splicing factor Prp6p, involved in spliceosome...
- p68 RNA helicase is an essential human splicing factor that acts at the U1 snRNA-5' splice site duplexZhi Ren Liu
Program in Cell and Molecular Biosciences, Department of Animal Sciences, Auburn University, 210 Upchurch Hall, Auburn, AL 36849, USA
Mol Cell Biol 22:5443-50. 2002..Furthermore, depletion of p68 RNA helicase arrested spliceosome assembly at the prespliceosome stage, suggesting that p68 may play a role in the transition from prespliceosome to spliceosome...
- PSF and p54nrb bind a conserved stem in U5 snRNARui Peng
Department of Biological Sciences, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, Tennessee 37235, USA
RNA 8:1334-47. 2002PTB-associated splicing factor (PSF) has been implicated in both early and late steps of pre-mRNA splicing, but its exact role in this process remains unclear...
- Exonic splicing enhancer-dependent selection of the bovine papillomavirus type 1 nucleotide 3225 3' splice site can be rescued in a cell lacking splicing factor ASF/SF2 through activation of the phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase/Akt pathwayXuefeng Liu
HIV and AIDS Malignancy Branch, Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
J Virol 77:2105-15. 2003..Two exonic splicing enhancers, each containing two ASF/SF2 (alternative splicing factor/splicing factor 2) binding sites, are located between the two 3' splice sites and have been identified as ..
- FRET analyses of the U2AF complex localize the U2AF35/U2AF65 interaction in vivo and reveal a novel self-interaction of U2AF35Janet Chusainow
Wellcome Trust Biocentre, University of Dundee, Dow Street, Dundee DD1 5EH, UK
RNA 11:1201-14. 2005..U2 snRNP Auxiliary Factor (U2AF) is an essential pre-mRNA splicing factor complex, comprising 35-kDa (U2AF35) and 65-kDa (U2AF65) subunits...
- Human splicing factor SPF45 (RBM17) confers broad multidrug resistance to anticancer drugs when overexpressed--a phenotype partially reversed by selective estrogen receptor modulatorsWilliam L Perry
Lilly Research Laboratories, Eli Lilly and Co, Indianapolis, Indiana 46285, USA
Cancer Res 65:6593-600. 2005The splicing factor SPF45 (RBM17) is frequently overexpressed in many solid tumors, and stable expression in HeLa cells confers resistance to doxorubicin and vincristine...
- Structure of a multipartite protein-protein interaction domain in splicing factor prp8 and its link to retinitis pigmentosaVladimir Pena
AG Röntgenkristallographie, Max Planck Institut fur biophysikalische Chemie, Am Fassberg 11, D 37077 Gottingen, Germany
Mol Cell 25:615-24. 2007..We conclude that the expanded Prp8 Jab1/MPN domain represents a pseudoenzyme converted into a protein-protein interaction platform and that dysfunction of this platform underlies Retinitis pigmentosa...
- Premature termination codons in PRPF31 cause retinitis pigmentosa via haploinsufficiency due to nonsense-mediated mRNA decayThomas Rio Frio
Department of Medical Genetics, University of Lausanne, Lausanne, Switzerland
J Clin Invest 118:1519-31. 2008Dominant mutations in the gene encoding the mRNA splicing factor PRPF31 cause retinitis pigmentosa, a hereditary form of retinal degeneration...
- The pathological splicing mutation c.6792C>G in NF1 exon 37 causes a change of tenancy between antagonistic splicing factorsNatasa Skoko
International Centre for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology ICGEB, Padriciano 99, Trieste, Italy
FEBS Lett 582:2231-6. 2008..6792C>G mutation observing that this concurrently decreases the affinity for the positive splicing factor YB-1 and increases the affinity for the negative splicing factors, hnRNPA1, hnRNPA2 and a new player in these ..
- Adenovirus serotype 5 L4-22K and L4-33K proteins have distinct functions in regulating late gene expressionSusan J Morris
Department of Biological Sciences, University of Warwick, Coventry CV4 7AL, United Kingdom
J Virol 83:3049-58. 2009..MLTU expression is regulated at transcriptional and posttranscriptional levels. The L4-33K protein acts as a splicing factor to upregulate several MLTU splice acceptor sites as the late phase progresses...
- Plant-specific SR-related protein atSR45a interacts with spliceosomal proteins in plant nucleusNoriaki Tanabe
Department of Advanced Bioscience, Faculty of Agriculture, Kinki University, Nakamachi, Nara, Japan
Plant Mol Biol 70:241-52. 2009..with themselves, other SR proteins (atSR45 and atSCL28), and PRP38-like protein, a homologue of the splicing factor essential for cleavage of the 5' splice site...
- Localization of poly(A)(+) RNA and mRNA export factors in interchromatin granule clusters of two-cell mouse embryosIrina Bogolyubova
Laboratory of Cell Morphology, Institute of Cytology RAS, Tikhoretsky Avenue 4, 194064 St Petersburg, Russia
Cell Tissue Res 338:271-81. 2009Interchromatin granule clusters (IGCs), also known as nuclear speckles, splicing factor compartments, or SC35-domains, are one of the most universal nuclear organelles of the cell...
- Monoclonal antibody that recognizes a domain on heterogeneous nuclear ribonucleoprotein K and PTB-associated splicing factorGema Garcia-Jurado
Departamento de Genetica, Universidad de Cordoba, Campus de Rabanales, Cordoba, Spain
Hybridoma (Larchmt) 30:53-9. 2011..Here we report the generation of one monoclonal antibody GG6H9.1C3 that recognized both hnRNP K and PSF proteins using Western blot analysis, flow cytometry, and immunocytochemistry...
- Transcriptome instability in colorectal cancer identified by exon microarray analyses: Associations with splicing factor expression levels and patient survivalAnita Sveen
Department of Cancer Prevention, Institute for Cancer Research, The Norwegian Radium Hospital, Oslo University Hospital, PO Box 4953 Nydalen, NO 0424 Oslo, Norway
Genome Med 3:32. 2011..In the present study we analyze genome-wide disruption of pre-mRNA splicing, and propose transcriptome instability as a characteristic that is analogous to genomic instability on the transcriptome level...
- TDP-43: new aspects of autoregulation mechanisms in RNA binding proteins and their connection with human diseaseEmanuele Buratti
International Centre for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology ICGEB, Trieste, Italy
FEBS J 278:3530-8. 2011..decay have also been described to play a role for other RNA binding protein factors: serine-arginine-rich splicing factor 1 (SRSF1) and transactive response DNA binding protein 43 kDa (TDP-43)...
- PSF controls expression of histone variants and cellular viability in thymocytesFlorian Heyd
Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics, Perelman School of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, 422 Curie Blvd, Philadelphia, PA 19104 6059, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 414:743-9. 2011..to investigate the function of the essential protein PSF (polypyrimidine tract binding protein-associated splicing factor) in thymocytes...
- WT1 mutants reveal SRPK1 to be a downstream angiogenesis target by altering VEGF splicingElianna M Amin
Centre for Research in Biomedicine, University of the West of England, Bristol, UK
Cancer Cell 20:768-80. 2011..Altered VEGF splicing was reversed by wild-type WT1, knockdown of SRSF1, or SRPK1 and inhibition of SRPK1, which prevented in vitro and in vivo angiogenesis and associated tumor growth...
- Annexin A2 and PSF proteins interact with p53 IRES and regulate translation of p53 mRNAArandkar Sharathchandra
Department of Microbiology and Cell Biology Indian Institute of Science Bangalore, India
RNA Biol 9:1429-39. 2012..In the current study, using RNA affinity approach we have identified Annexin A2 and PTB associated Splicing Factor (PSF/SFPQ) as novel ITAFs for p53 IRESs...
- U2AF65 adapts to diverse pre-mRNA splice sites through conformational selection of specific and promiscuous RNA recognition motifsJermaine L Jenkins
Center for RNA Biology and Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics, University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
Nucleic Acids Res 41:3859-73. 2013..The essential pre-mRNA splicing factor U2AF(65) is faced with the paradoxical tasks of accurately targeting polypyrimidine (Py) tracts preceding 3' ..
- Splicing functions and global dependency on fission yeast slu7 reveal diversity in spliceosome assemblyShataparna Banerjee
Department of Microbiology and Cell Biology, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, India
Mol Cell Biol 33:3125-36. 2013..The data imply dynamic substrate-splicing factor relationships in multiintron transcripts...
- Phosphorylation drives a dynamic switch in serine/arginine-rich proteinsShengqi Xiang
Department of NMR Based Structural Biology, Max Planck Institute for Biophysical Chemistry, Göttingen 37077, Germany
Structure 21:2162-74. 2013..Here, we show that phosphorylation switches the RS domain of the serine/arginine-rich splicing factor 1 from a fully disordered state to a partially rigidified arch-like structure...
- Coupling between transcription and alternative splicingIgnacio E Schor
Laboratorio de Fisiologia y Biologia Molecular, Departmento de Fisiologia, Biologia Molecular y Celular, IFIBYNE CONICET, Facultad de Ciencias Exactas y Naturales, Universidad de Buenos Aires, Ciudad Universitaria, Pab II, 20 Piso, Buenos Aires, 1428, Argentina
Cancer Treat Res 158:1-24. 2013..efficiency and kinetics by directing the nascent pre-mRNA into proper spliceosome assembly and favoring splicing factor recruitment...
- Emerging functions of SRSF1, splicing factor and oncoprotein, in RNA metabolism and cancerShipra Das
Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory, Cold Spring Harbor, New York
Mol Cancer Res 12:1195-204. 2014Serine/Arginine Splicing Factor 1 (SRSF1) is the archetype member of the SR protein family of splicing regulators...
- Alternative splicing of FBP-interacting repressor coordinates c-Myc, P27Kip1/cyclinE and Ku86/XRCC5 expression as a molecular sensor for bleomycin-induced DNA damage pathwayBahityar Rahmutulla
Department of Molecular Diagnosis, Graduate School of Medicine, Chiba University, Chiba City, Chiba, Japan
Oncotarget 5:2404-17. 2014..FIR and FIRΔexon2 form homo- or heterodimers that complex with SAP155. SAP155, a subunit of the essential splicing factor 3b subcomplex in the spliceosome, is required for proper P27Kip1 pre-mRNA splicing, and P27Kip1 arrests cells ..
- Regulation of human adenovirus alternative RNA splicing by the adenoviral L4-33K and L4-22K proteinsRoberta Biasiotto
Department of Medical Biochemistry and Microbiology, Science for Life Laboratory Uppsala University, Uppsala 75123, Sweden
Int J Mol Sci 16:2893-912. 2015..L4-33K is a viral alternative RNA splicing factor that controls L1 alternative splicing via an interaction with the cellular protein kinases Protein Kinase A (..
- Upregulation of SYF2 Relates to Retinal Ganglion Cell Apoptosis and Retinal Glia Cell Proliferation After Light-Induced Retinal DamageAimin Sang
Department of Ophthalmology, Affiliated Hospital of Nantong University, Nantong, Jiangsu, 226001, China
J Mol Neurosci 56:480-90. 2015SYF2 (SYF2 homologue, RNA splicing factor), also known as CCNDBP1-interactor or p29, belongs to the SYF2 family, which are involved in pre-mRNA splicing and cell cycle progression...
- A germline mutation in SRRM2, a splicing factor gene, is implicated in papillary thyroid carcinoma predispositionJerneja Tomsic
Department of Molecular Virology, Immunology and Medical Genetics, Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center and Comprehensive Cancer Center, Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio, United States of America
Sci Rep 5:10566. 2015..The results confirmed a higher ratio of inclusion of exons in mutation carriers. These data suggest that the S346F mutation in SRRM2 predisposes to PTC by affecting alternative splicing of unidentified downstream target genes...
- Genome-wide lentiviral shRNA screen identifies serine/arginine-rich splicing factor 2 as a determinant of oncolytic virus activity in breast cancer cellsS T Workenhe
Department of Pathology and Molecular Medicine, McMaster Immunology Research Centre, Institute for Infectious Disease Research, McMaster University, Hamilton, ON, Canada
Oncogene 35:2465-74. 2016..oncolysis, this study used a pooled genome-wide short hairpin RNA library and found that depletion of the splicing factor arginine-rich splicing factor 2 (SRSF2) leads to enhanced cytotoxicity of breast cancer cells by KM100...
- Characterization and cloning of the human splicing factor 9G8: a novel 35 kDa factor of the serine/arginine protein familyY Cavaloc
Unite 184 de Biologie Moleculaire et de Genie Genetique de l INSERM, Faculte de Medecine, Strasbourg, France
EMBO J 13:2639-49. 1994By adopting a monoclonal antibody approach, we have identified a novel splicing factor of 35 kDa which we have termed 9G8...
- A potential role for U2AF-SAP 155 interactions in recruiting U2 snRNP to the branch siteO Gozani
Department of Cell Biology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Mol Cell Biol 18:4752-60. 1998..The splicing factor U2AF binds to the pyrimidine tract at the 3' splice site in the earliest spliceosomal complex, E, and is ..
- Assembly of smooth muscle myosin by the 38k protein, a homologue of a subunit of pre-mRNA splicing factor-2T Okagaki
Department of Pharmacology, Gunma University School of Medicine, Maebashi, Gunma 371 8511, Japan
J Cell Biol 148:653-63. 2000..not homologous to telokin, but to human p32, which was originally found in nuclei as a subunit of pre-mRNA splicing factor-2. Western blotting showed that the protein was expressed in various smooth muscles...
- Computational analysis of alternative splicing using EST tissue informationHanqing Xie
Compugen Inc 7 Centre Drive, Jamesburg, New Jersey 08831, USA
Genomics 80:326-30. 2002..Several genes, including one encoding a possible pre-mRNA splicing factor, displayed cancer-specific alternative splicing...
- Molecular architecture of the multiprotein splicing factor SF3bMonika M Golas
Max Planck Institute for Biophysical Chemistry, Am Fassberg 11, 37077 Gottingen, Germany
Science 300:980-4. 2003The splicing factor SF3b is a multiprotein complex essential for the accurate excision of introns from pre-messenger RNA...
- The Parkinson's disease-associated DJ-1 protein is a transcriptional co-activator that protects against neuronal apoptosisJin Xu
Department of Neurology, Caritas St Elizabeth s Center, Tufts University School of Medicine, Boston, MA 02135, USA
Hum Mol Genet 14:1231-41. 2005..dopaminergic neuronal cells are the nuclear proteins p54nrb and pyrimidine tract-binding protein-associated splicing factor (PSF), two multifunctional regulators of transcription and RNA metabolism...
- Mass spectroscopy identifies the splicing-associated proteins, PSF, hnRNP H3, hnRNP A2/B1, and TLS/FUS as interacting partners of the ZNF198 protein associated with rearrangement in myeloproliferative diseaseChitta S Kasyapa
Department of Cancer Genetics, Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Elm and Carlton Streets, Buffalo, NY 14263, USA
Exp Cell Res 309:78-85. 2005..P splicing factor (PSF) was identified as one of the proteins and this interaction was confirmed by Western blotting...
- Concentration dependent selection of targets by an SR splicing regulator results in tissue-specific RNA processingJunlin Qi
Department of Molecular Genetics, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center and Genes and Development Graduate Program, The University of Texas Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, Houston, TX 77030 4009, USA
Nucleic Acids Res 34:6256-63. 2006The splicing factor Transformer-2 (Tra2) is expressed almost ubiquitously in Drosophila adults, but participates in the tissue-specific regulation of splicing in several RNAs...
- Subcellular transport of EKLF and switch-on of murine adult beta maj globin gene transcriptionYu Chiau Shyu
Institute of Molecular Biology, Academia Sinica, Nankang, Taipei 115, Taiwan, Republic of China
Mol Cell Biol 27:2309-23. 2007..is colocalized the PML oncogene domain nuclear body, and concentrated with EKLF, RNA polymerase II, and the splicing factor SC35...
- The maize zmsmu2 gene encodes a putative RNA-splicing factor that affects protein synthesis and RNA processing during endosperm developmentTaijoon Chung
Department of Plant Sciences, University of Arizona, Tucson, Arizona 85721, USA
Plant Physiol 144:821-35. 2007....
- Regulation of H-ras splice variant expression by cross talk between the p53 and nonsense-mediated mRNA decay pathwaysJérôme Barbier
INSERM U685, Equipe Avenir, Hopital Saint Louis, 1 avenue Claude Vellefaux, Paris 75010, France
Mol Cell Biol 27:7315-33. 2007..camptothecin effects on H-ras gene expression were p53 dependent and involved in part modulation of the SC35 splicing factor. Interestingly, a long-term treatment with camptothecin as well as p53 overexpression for 24 h resulted in ..
- The PSF.p54nrb complex is a novel Mnk substrate that binds the mRNA for tumor necrosis factor alphaMaria Buxade
Division of Molecular Physiology, College of Life Sciences, University of Dundee, Dundee, UK
J Biol Chem 283:57-65. 2008..in vitro, and identified one such protein as PSF (the PTB (polypyrimidine tract-binding protein)-associated splicing factor). Mnks phosphorylate PSF at two sites in vitro, and our data show that PSF is an Mnk substrate in vivo...
- Varicella-zoster virus IE4 protein interacts with SR proteins and exports mRNAs through the TAP/NXF1 pathwayIsabelle Ote
Laboratory of Virology and Immunology, GIGA R, University of Liege ULg, Liege, Belgium
PLoS ONE 4:e7882. 2009..and immunoprecipitation analysis, we showed that IE4 interacts with three shuttling SR proteins, namely ASF/SF2, 9G8 and SRp20...
- The oncoprotein SF2/ASF promotes non-small cell lung cancer survival by enhancing survivin expressionTeresa Ezponda
Department of Pathology, Clinica Universidad de Navarra, Pamplona, Spain
Clin Cancer Res 16:4113-25. 2010SF2/ASF is a splicing factor recently described as an oncoprotein...
- Stress induced subcellular distribution of ALG-2, RBM22 and hSlu7Aleksandra Janowicz
Department of Biochemistry, School of Molecular and Systems Biology, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Canada
Biochim Biophys Acta 1813:1045-9. 2011..b>hSlu7, another spliceosomal nuclear protein, known to interact with RBM22 in yeast, has been shown to translocate to the ..
- SPLICING OF MRNA PRECURSORSMichael R Green; Fiscal Year: 2013..The U2 snRNP Auxiliary Factor (U2AF) is an essential splicing factor, originally identified in our laboratory, that binds to the polypyrimidine (Py)-tract/3'splice site and ..
- Transcriptional elongation and splicing in human genes in situRichard A Padgett; Fiscal Year: 2013..We propose to use a variation of our previous experiment to investigate the temporal order of splicing factor binding to long introns in order to test current theories of exon definition...
- BIOCHEMISTRY OF PRE-MRNA SPLICINGAdrian R Krainer; Fiscal Year: 2010..For example, the gene encoding the splicing factor SF2/ASF is a proto-oncogene that can be activated by gene amplification in breast cancer...
- Phillip A Sharp; Fiscal Year: 2016..ANG1), important in angiogenesis and structurally a member of the ribonuclease family, and SRp54, an RNA splicing factor known to be important for inclusion of exon 10 in the tau protein...
- The Role of RNA Splicing Factors in Retinal DegenerationMichael Farkas; Fiscal Year: 2012..This data is consistent with results from studies of another form of disease caused by mutations in an RNA splicing factor. In this case, the neurologic disorder spinal muscular atrophy (SMA), which is caused by mutations in the ..
- CATHERINE JU YING WU; Fiscal Year: 2016....
- Red Cell Band 4.1 - Developmental Changes in RNA SplicingJohn G Conboy; Fiscal Year: 2010..pre-mRNA splicing in differentiating erythroid cells, focusing on cis-regulatory sequences and trans-acting splicing factor proteins that regulate erythroid stage-specific switches in exon splicing...
- OLGA ANCZUKOW-CAMARDA; Fiscal Year: 2014..We have previously demonstrated that overexpression of the splicing factor SRSF1 can transform human mammary epithelial cells in vitro and in vivo...
- REGULATION OF SPLICE SITE CHOICE IN C. ELEGANSALAN ZAHLER; Fiscal Year: 2009..2- To determine the mechanism of action of the pre-mRNA splicing factor MEC-8 in regulation of pre-mRNA splicing...
- Eric A Pierce; Fiscal Year: 2016..long-term objectives of the proposed research are to improve our understanding of the pathogenesis of the RNA splicing factor forms of retinitis pigmentosa (RP) so that therapies for these blinding disorders can be developed...
- Exon recognition during constitutive pre-mRNA splicingLawrence A Chasin; Fiscal Year: 2013..After establishment of the methodology using one model RBP (the pre- mRNA splicing factor Fox-2), the method will be extended to additional related splicing factors...
- The Identification and Manipulation of RNA Splicing Factor Regulators in Spinal MMALLORY ANN HAVENS; Fiscal Year: 2013..abstract_text> ..
- Marisa Wong Medina; Fiscal Year: 2014..These findings lead to the hypotheses that intracellular cholesterol levels regulate splicing factor(s) to generate coordinated changes in alternative splicing of multiple genes involved in cholesterol ..
- ASF/SF2: Phosphorylation and RNA BindingGourisankar Ghosh; Fiscal Year: 2012Alternating splicing factor/splicing factor 2 (ASF/SF2), a member of the serine-arginine (SR) protein family, plays important roles both in constitutive and alternative pre-mRNA splicing...
- Understanding the structure and function of splicing factor Prp8Rui Zhao; Fiscal Year: 2012..Mutations in splicing factor Prp8, for example, cause a severe form of human genetic disorder Retinitis Pigmentosa...
- LIOR S PACHTER; Fiscal Year: 2015..in Aims 1 and 2 by using computational and biochemical approaches to analyze cis- regulatory sequences and splicing factor proteins that direct these splicing networks...
- James L Manley; Fiscal Year: 2015..Protein purification and MS have identified the evolutionarily conserved splicing factor Prp5 as a strong candidate...
- Intravenous Protein Therapy for Myotonic Dystrophy Type 1Richard Weisbart; Fiscal Year: 2010..within the transcribed DMPK mRNA avidly binds, sequesters and inactivates the MBNL1 protein, an mRNA splicing factor that removes fetal exons from mRNA templates (9- 13)...
- Regulation of Ovarian Cancer Multidrug Resistance by MAP KinasesScott T Eblen; Fiscal Year: 2013..Alternative mRNA splicing affects 74% of the human genome. Alterations in alternative mRNA splicing factor expression occur in cancer and can strongly influence apoptotic responses...
- Xiang Dong Fu; Fiscal Year: 2016..The proposed research along this line has clear disease relevance. ..
- The Role of Alternative Splicing Factor Sfrs10 in Neural DevelopmentRahul N Kanadia; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Global analysis of hnRNPLL-mediated alternative pre-mRNA splicing in lymphocytes.Shalini Oberdoerffer; Fiscal Year: 2009..L-like (hnRNPLL) as an inducible, critical regulator of activation- induced CD45 alternative splicing in a splicing factor RNA interference (RNAi) screen...
- STORMY JO CHAMBERLAIN; Fiscal Year: 2015..SNURF-SNRPN, including some of the downstream non-coding exons, as a target for FOX2, a tissue specific splicing factor in human embryonic stem cells (hESCs)...
- Programmed Changes in Alternative Splicing Within the Erythroid TranscriptomeJOHN CONBOY; Fiscal Year: 2007..alternative splicing program in human and mouse models, and (2) Functionally assess the role of selected splicing factor proteins in erythroid differentiation by measuring splicing changes that occur in response to RNAi-mediated ..
- Deep Sequencing Analysis of mRNA Isoform Expression Changes in Myotonic DystrophyDavid Housman; Fiscal Year: 2010..gene fold into hairpins that accumulate in nuclear foci, resulting in effective depletion of the alternative splicing factor Muscleblind (MBNL1) and hyperactivation of the splicing factor CUG Binding Protein 1 (CUGBP1)...
- FUNCTION OF MAMMALIAN PREMRNA SPLICING FACTORSJane Wu; Fiscal Year: 2000..factors, one identified by its structural characteristics and two isolated by their interactions with a known splicing factor. Experiments are also proposed to investigate the possible roles of the RS domain containing proteins in ..
- FUNCTION OF SNRNP PARTICLES IN PRE-MRNA SPLICINGBrian Rymond; Fiscal Year: 2007..First, that a spliceosome cycle occurs within cells and progresses through a series of splicing factor-dependent assembly and disassembly steps...
- The Role of Alternative Splicing Factor Sfrs10 in Neural DevelopmentRahul N Kanadia; Fiscal Year: 2013..Extenstion of this work in my laboratory will provide me with preliminary data that 1 intend to use for an ROl grant that should launch my independent career in science. ..
- Ilker Kudret Sariyer; Fiscal Year: 2016..We recently identified the alternative splicing factor, SF2/ASF, as a potential regulator of JCV as its overexpression in glial cells strongly suppresses viral gene ..
- VAISHALI MOULTON; Fiscal Year: 2016..Among these proteins, a promising candidate is the serine arginine (SR) family member Alternative Splicing Factor/Splicing Factor 2 (ASF/SF2)...
- Melissa J Moore; Fiscal Year: 2016..Single Molecule Spectroscopy (CoSMoS) approach, one can directly observe the detailed kinetics of snRNP and splicing factor association/dissociation with pre-mRNA over the full course of spliceosome assembly and splicing...
- Houng Wei Tsai; Fiscal Year: 2015..Recently, we have identified splicing factor, suppressor of white-apricot homolog (Drosophila) (Sfswap), also known as splicing factor arginine/serine-..
- WOODRING ERIK WRIGHT; Fiscal Year: 2015..to reduce the amount of functional protein produced will be used: 1) Oligonucleotides directed against splicing factor binding sites have been shown to be able to cause exon-skipping, and are in clinical trials for a number of ..
- Maria L Spletter; Fiscal Year: 2014..I propose to investigate the splicing factor Arrest to gain mechanistic insight into how Salm induced alternative splicing may dictate the development of ..
- Functional Analysis of CDKp110 Protein KinaseJill M Lahti; Fiscal Year: 2010..This function is unique among the CDKs, with the RS-rich general pre-mRNA splicing factors RNPS1 and 9G8 identified as bona fide interactors. CDK11p110/p58-null mouse embryos fail to develop past E3...
- Splicing factors as therapeutic targets for the treatment of ovarian cancerWilliam T Beck; Fiscal Year: 2012..In this proposal, we focus on one splicing factor, PTB, and one tumor type, EOC, and hypothesize that PTB is a druggable therapeutic target in this disease...
- Samuel C Dudley; Fiscal Year: 2016..angiotensin II (AngII) can signal pathological SCN5a splicing regulation by inducing expression of the mRNA splicing factor, CROP/hLuc7A, and its co-factor RBM25, which alter SCN5a splicing regulation by interacting with one or more ..
- CARBOHYDRATE BINDING PROTEIN 35John Wang; Fiscal Year: 2006..of pre-mRNA in a cell-free assay, depletion and reconstitution experiments demonstrated that galectin-3 was a splicing factor. In the course of these studies, we found another member of the galectin family, galectin-1 (Mr -14,000), was ..
- STACEY DENISE WAGNER; Fiscal Year: 2015DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Muscleblind-like 1 (MBNL1) is an alternative splicing factor whose improper sequestration is a primary component of the genetic disease myotonic dystrophy (DM)...
- Examining role of splicing factor mutations in myelodysplastic syndrome (PQ11)Shalini Sharma; Fiscal Year: 2013..The goal of this project is to determine the molecular effects of MDS mutations on splicing factor function and to identify genome-wide splicing aberrations they induce during hematopoiesis that contribute to ..
- RNA/PROTEIN INTERACTIONS IN PREMRNA SPLICING REGULATIONRavinder Singh; Fiscal Year: 2003..In the past, we defined the mechanism by which SXL regulates alternative splicing by antagonizing the known splicing factor U2AF65. Specificity is an underlying theme in biological regulation...
- GENERAL PRE-MRNA SPLICING FACTORS IN DROSOPHILADonald Rio; Fiscal Year: 2001..the mechanisms involved in the function of the conserved arginine-serine (R/S) domain containing pre-mRNA splicing factor U2 snRNP auxiliary factor (U2AF) in the fruit fly, Drosophila melanogaster...
- JAMES T BRENNA; Fiscal Year: 2016..A newly described FADS1 AT has desaturase function and new siRNA data show that a specific splicing factor (SF), PTB (hnRNP I) modulates FADS AT abundance...
- PROCESSING OF PRECURSORS TO MRNA IN DROSPHILASTEPHEN MOUNT; Fiscal Year: 1999..Additional tests of the dominant B52 allele will involve testing its ability to function as a basal splicing factor in complementation of S100 extracts from Drosophila or Hela cells and tests of its ability to alter 5' splice ..
- GENETICS OF YEAST PREMRNA SPLICINGJohn Woolford; Fiscal Year: 1999..Spp2p is the first protein identified that may interact with a DEAD(H) box splicing factor. Studies of Spp2p are designed to help understand how Prp2p and Spp2p assemble into the spliceosome and ..
- Dong Er Zhang; Fiscal Year: 2016Project Summary/Abstract Recent large-scale sequencing efforts have revealed prevalent mutations in splicing factor-encoded genes in bone marrow failure diseases, such as myelodysplastic syndromes (MDS) and related disorders...
- THYROID/RETINOIC ACID RECEPTOR INTERACTING PROTEINSMukul Mathur; Fiscal Year: 2004..The 105 kDa protein is a splicing factor known as PSF (PTB associated splicing factor)...
- HUMAN CYTOMEGALOVIRUS TEGUMENT PROTEINSThomas E Shenk; Fiscal Year: 2013..in epithelial cells, and we have shown that it binds to the cellular SF2/ASF protein, a multi-functional splicing factor. We will investigate the host range function of pUS22 in epithelial cells, and we will explore the ..
- MARK ANTHONY CLEMENTZ; Fiscal Year: 2014..hypothesis is that N86-hnRNPU affects cellular factors involved in mRNA export such as TAP and the SR protein 9G8. The later has been shown to act as an export adaptor for TAP-mediated export and bind to HIV-1 mRNAs...
- Mechanism of SR Protein Binding to the Splicing Kinase SRPK1RYAN MATTHEW PLOCINIK; Fiscal Year: 2011..goal is to understand the SRPK1-ASF/SF2 assembly mechanism and to establish fundamental principles for splicing factor recognition and biological control within the larger SR protein family...
- Pre-mRNA Splicing in S. pombe: Genetics and GenomicsJO WISE; Fiscal Year: 2004..cell extracts have led to a model in which enhancer-bound SR proteins contact the heterodimeric general splicing factor U2AF and stabilize its association with weak 3' splice sites...
- The Fate of dsRNA in the NucleusGordon Carmichael; Fiscal Year: 2006..This complex contains the inosine-specific RNA binding protein p54nrb, the splicing factor PSF and the inner nuclear matrix structural protein matrin 3...
- U2AF AND SPLICE SITE RECOGNITION IN C ELEGANSThomas Blumenthal; Fiscal Year: 2003..The genes, uaf-1 and uaf-2, encode large and small subunits of the essential splicing factor U2AF, which are responsible for recognition of this 3' splice site consensus...
- Investigating mechanisms of skeletal muscle degeneration in Myotonic DystrophyJames P Orengo; Fiscal Year: 2010..In Specific Aim 3 a splicing factor, CUGBP1, which regulates developmental alternative splicing patterns in post-natal development, will be ..
- Regulation of Polyadenylation: the U1A/U1snRNP ParadigmSamuel Gunderson; Fiscal Year: 2007..the first funding period of this grant we: 1) characterized a unique form of polyA tail regulation by the U1A splicing factor, 2) discovered that U1A, via binding non-consensus pre-mRNA sequences, can regulate polyA tail addition to ..
- GENE EXPRESSION IN HUMAN PARASITIC NEMATODESTIMOTHY NILSEN; Fiscal Year: 2009..Second, the evidence indicates that SL-30 makes essential contacts with the splicing factor SF1/BBP, a protein that plays a bridging role between 5'and 3'splice sites in cis-splicing...
- STAT FACTOR AND SIGNAL TRANSDUCTION AND CANCERXin Yuan Fu; Fiscal Year: 2000..James Manley's laboratory at Columbia University, where he was the first to identify the alternative splicing factor, ASF. When he was a postdoctoral fellow with Dr...
- Splice site recognition and protein assemblyGWENDOLYN JANG; Fiscal Year: 2009..Subsequent experiments will investigate the effects of SR/hnRNP proteins on splicing factor-splice site interactions using established regulatory elements and artificial recruitment strategies in a ..
- Structural Analyses of Fission Yeast Splicing ComplexesKATHLEEN GOULD; Fiscal Year: 2006..By targeting the splicing factor Cdc5p for tandem affinity purification, we have purified a stable 37S spliceosomal-like particle from the ..
- BIAcore 3000 SystemLESLIE GRIFFITH; Fiscal Year: 2002..interactions of IMPPDH; regulation of exonuclease ssDNA binding by auxiliary subunits; characterization of splicing factor protein-protein interactions; measurement of Ab:Ag affinities during B cell differentiation; identification ..
- RNA DYNAMICS IN THE SPLICEOSOMEDAVID BROW; Fiscal Year: 2006..e., RNA chaperones). Aim 2 will focus on the function of splicing factor Prp24, a prime candidate for a U6 RNA chaperone, in unwinding of the U4/U6 complex during spliceosome ..
- SPLICING ENHANCER REGULATION OF GROWTH HORMONE ISOFORMSFritz Rottman; Fiscal Year: 1999..2. The mechanism whereby the exon specific enhancer (ESE)-splicing factor complex proceeds to activate suboptimal splice sites will be defined by determining the additional splicing ..
- MOLECULAR MECHANISMS WHEREBY CTG EXPANSION RESULTS IN DMSita Reddy; Fiscal Year: 2004..breaks in the CTG repeat tracts or pre-mRNA splicing abnormalities resulting from the titration of the splicing factor CUG-BP by the expanded CUG repeats are the molecular mechanism whereby expanded CTG/CUG repeats result in DM ..