Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: HSD17B1
Description: hydroxysteroid 17-beta dehydrogenase 1
Alias: 17-beta-HSD, 20-alpha-HSD, E2DH, EDH17B2, EDHB17, HSD17, SDR28C1, estradiol 17-beta-dehydrogenase 1, 17-beta-HSD 1, 17-beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase type 1, 20 alpha-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase, placental 17-beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase, short chain dehydrogenase/reductase family 28C member 1, short chain dehydrogenase/reductase family 28CE, member 1
Publications158 found, 100 shown here
- A concerted, rational design of type 1 17beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase inhibitors: estradiol-adenosine hybrids with high affinityWei Qiu
Oncology and Molecular Endocrinology Research Center, Laval University Medical Center CHUL and Laval University, Quebec, G1V 4G2, Canada
FASEB J 16:1829-31. 2002..These results confirm our initial strategy of combining studies of structural biology and enzyme mechanism in the inhibitor design, which may be applied to other steroidogenic enzymes involved in human diseases...
- Binary and ternary crystal structure analyses of a novel inhibitor with 17beta-HSD type 1: a lead compound for breast cancer therapyMausumi Mazumdar
Laboratory of Molecular Endocrinology and Oncology, CHUL Research Center Centre Hospitalier de Université Laval, CHUQ and Laval University, Quebec, Canada, G1V 4G2
Biochem J 424:357-66. 2009..Such inhibitors that block oestrogen synthesis to suppress the sulfatase pathway producing oestradiol can be used in adjuvant therapies with oestrogen receptor blockade, opening a new orientation of breast cancer treatment...
- Structure of two in tandem human 17 beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase genesV Luu-The
Medical Research Council Group in Molecular Endocrinology, Laval University Medical Centre, Quebec, Canada
Mol Endocrinol 4:268-75. 1990..These new findings provide the basis for a better understanding of the molecular mechanisms involved in 17 beta-HSD deficiency and peripheral sex steroid metabolism...
- Characterization of cDNAs for human estradiol 17 beta-dehydrogenase and assignment of the gene to chromosome 17: evidence of two mRNA species with distinct 5'-termini in human placentaV Luu The
Department of Molecular Endocrinology, Laval University Medical Centre, Quebec, Canada
Mol Endocrinol 3:1301-9. 1989Human placenta estradiol 17 beta-dehydrogenase (E2DH) cDNA clones were isolated from a lambda gt11 expression library by screening with 33 mer synthetic oligonucleotides derived from the amino acid sequence of the catalytic site of E2DH ..
- Complete amino acid sequence of human placental 17 beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase deduced from cDNAH Peltoketo
Department of Clinical Chemistry, University of Oulu, Finland
FEBS Lett 239:73-7. 1988..The deduced amino acid sequence also contained two peptides previously characterized from the proposed catalytic area of placental 17-HSD...
- Structure of human estrogenic 17 beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase at 2.20 A resolutionD Ghosh
Hauptman Woodward Medical Research Institute, Inc, Buffalo, NY 14203, USA
Structure 3:503-13. 1995..The amino acid sequence of 17 beta-HSD also differs from that of bacterial 3 alpha,20 beta-HSD by two insertions (of 11 and 14 residues) and 52 additional residues at the C terminus...
- Crystal structure of human estrogenic 17 beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase complexed with 17 beta-estradiolA Azzi
Nat Struct Biol 3:665-8. 1996
- HSD17B1 and CYP17 polymorphisms and breast cancer risk among Chinese women in SingaporeAnna H Wu
Department of Preventive Medicine, University of Southern California Keck School of Medicine, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Int J Cancer 104:450-7. 2003..Study Cohort, the relationships between polymorphisms in 2 genes involved in estrogen metabolism, CYP17 and HSD17B1, and the risk of breast cancer...
- HSD17B1 gene polymorphisms and risk of endometrial and breast cancerVeronica Wendy Setiawan
Department of Epidemiology, Harvard School of Public Health and Channing Laboratory, Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 13:213-9. 2004Estrogen exposure influences breast and endometrial cancer risk. The HSD17B1 gene produces an enzyme that catalyzes the conversion of estrone to estradiol...
- Associations among mammographic density, circulating sex hormones, and polymorphisms in sex hormone metabolism genes in postmenopausal womenRuth Warren
Department of Radiology, University of Cambridge, United Kingdom
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 15:1502-8. 2006..SHBG), androstenedione, 17-OH-progesterone, estrone, and estrone sulfate] and 15 SNPs in the CYP17, CYP19, EDH17B2, SHBG, COMT, and CYP1B1 genes were studied...
- Proliferative responses to altered 17beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase (17HSD) type 2 expression in human breast cancer cells are dependent on endogenous expression of 17HSD type 1 and the oestradiol receptorsA Jansson
Department of Biomedicine and Surgery, Division of Oncology, Linkoping University, S 581 85 Linkoping, Sweden
Endocr Relat Cancer 13:875-84. 2006..Expression of 17HSD type 1 seems to be dominant to 17HSD type 2. Therefore, it may be important to investigate a ratio between 17HSD type 1 and 17HSD type 2...
- Variants in estrogen biosynthesis genes, sex steroid hormone levels, and endometrial cancer: a HuGE reviewSara H Olson
Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY, USA
Am J Epidemiol 165:235-45. 2007..P-450 genes CYP11A1 (-528[TTTTA]n) or CYP17A1 (-34T/C) or the 17beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase 1 gene HSD17B1 (Ser312Gly) and levels of progesterone, androgens, or estrogens...
- Amplification of HSD17B1 has prognostic significance in postmenopausal breast cancerCecilia Gunnarsson
Department of Pathology Cytology and Genetics, Division of Genetics, Linkoping University Hospital, Linkoping, Sweden
Breast Cancer Res Treat 108:35-41. 2008..The gene coding for 17beta-HSD type 1 (HSD17B1) is located at 17q12-21...
- Integrated view on 17beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenasesGabriele Moeller
Helmholtz Zentrum Munchen, German Research Center for Environmental Health, Institute of Experimental Genetics, Genome Analysis Center, Neuherberg, Germany
Mol Cell Endocrinol 301:7-19. 2009..Strategies on deciphering the physiological role of 17beta-HSDs and the genetic predisposition for associated diseases will be presented...
- Ratio of 17HSD1 to 17HSD2 protein expression predicts the outcome of tamoxifen treatment in postmenopausal breast cancer patientsAgneta Jansson
Department of Clinical and Experimental Medicine, Division of Oncology, Linkoping University, Linkoping, Sweden
Clin Cancer Res 15:3610-6. 2009..The aim of this study was to investigate the prognostic and tamoxifen predictive values of 17HSD1 and 17HSD2 expression...
- Increased estrogen sulfatase (STS) and 17beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase type 1(17beta-HSD1) following neoadjuvant aromatase inhibitor therapy in breast cancer patientsNiramol Chanplakorn
Department of Pathology, Tohoku University School of Medicine, Aoba ku, Sendai, Miyagi, Japan
Breast Cancer Res Treat 120:639-48. 2010..This increment may represent the compensatory response of breast carcinoma tissues to estrogen depletion...
- 17beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase type 1 stimulates breast cancer by dihydrotestosterone inactivation in addition to estradiol productionJuliette A Aka
Research Center of the Laval University Hospital Center CHUQ CHUL and Laval University, Quebec, Canada
Mol Endocrinol 24:832-45. 2010..These results strongly support the rationale for inhibiting 17beta-HSD1 in breast cancer therapy to eliminate estrogen activation via the sulfatase pathway while avoiding the deprivation of DHT...
- The contribution of 17beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase type 1 to the estradiol-estrone ratio in estrogen-sensitive breast cancer cellsChen Yan Zhang
Laboratory of Molecular Endocrinology and Oncology, Centre Hospitalier de Université Laval Research Center CHUL, CHUQ and Laval University, Quebec City, Quebec, Canada
PLoS ONE 7:e29835. 2012..Moreover, kinetic studies were carried out in intact cells as a new approach, using HEK-293 cells over-expressing type 1 and T47D breast cancer cells...
- Biochemical factors governing the steady-state estrone/estradiol ratios catalyzed by human 17beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenases types 1 and 2 in HEK-293 cellsDaniel P Sherbet
Division of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Texas 75390 8857, USA
Endocrinology 150:4154-62. 2009..These findings suggest that additional structural features, beyond the lack of a specific arginine residue, disfavor NADPH binding and thus support E2 oxidation by 17betaHSD2 in intact cells...
- Transforming growth factor-beta1 inhibits luteinization and promotes apoptosis in bovine granulosa cellsXiaofeng Zheng
Faculte de Medecine Veterinaire, Centre de Recherche en Reproduction Animale CRRA, Universite de Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Reproduction 137:969-77. 2009..and addition of TGFB1 for 6 days partially reversed this decline and stimulated E(2) biosynthesis, CYP19A1 and HSD17B1 mRNA levels and CYP19A1 activity (P<0.05)...
- DNA microarray-based analysis of single nucleotide polymorphisms may be useful for assessing the risks and benefits of hormone therapyClemens B Tempfer
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Freiburg Medical School, Freiburg, Germany
Fertil Steril 82:132-7. 2004....
- Evaluation of genetic variations in the androgen and estrogen metabolic pathways as risk factors for sporadic and familial prostate cancerJulie M Cunningham
Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 16:969-78. 2007..HSD3B1, HSD3B2, HSD17B2, CYP17, SRD5A2, AKR1C3, UGT2B15, AR, SHBG, and KLK3 from the androgen pathway and CYP19, HSD17B1, CYP1A1, CYP1A2, CYP1B1, COMT, GSTP1, GSTT1, GSTM1, NQO1, ESR1, and ESR2 from the estrogen pathway...
- Activins regulate 17beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase type I transcription in murine gonadotrope cellsBeata Bak
Department of Pharmacology and Therapeutics, McGill University, Montreal, QC, Canada
J Endocrinol 201:89-104. 2009..identified the gene encoding the steroidogenic enzyme, 17beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase type I (17beta-HSD1; Hsd17b1), as an activin-responsive gene in immortalized gonadotrope cells, LbetaT2...
- Polymorphism of the pig 17beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase type1 (HSD17B1) gene and its association with reproductive traitsL Q Liu
Key Laboratory of Pig Genetics and Breeding of Ministry of Agriculture and Key Laboratory of Agricultural Animal Genetics, Breeding and Reproduction of Ministry of Education, Huazhong Agricultural University, Wuhan, PR China
Anim Reprod Sci 114:318-23. 200917beta-Hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase type 1 (HSD17B1) is a key enzyme of 17beta-estradiol biosynthesis, which might play an important role in follicular development of the ovary...
- Characterization of the hypothalamic-pituitary-gonadal axis in estrogen receptor (ER) Null mice reveals hypergonadism and endocrine sex reversal in females lacking ERalpha but not ERbetaJohn F Couse
Receptor Biology Section, Laboratory of Reproductive and Developmental Toxicology, National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences, National Institutes of Health, MD B3 02, P O Box 12233, Research Triangle Park, North Carolina 27709, USA
Mol Endocrinol 17:1039-53. 2003..e. Star, Cyp11a, Cyp17, Cyp19, Hsd3b1, and Hsd17b1. These data were corroborated by assessing plasma levels of the respective peptide and steroid hormones...
- Polymorphisms associated with circulating sex hormone levels in postmenopausal womenAlison M Dunning
Cancer Research UK, Department of Oncology, University of Cambridge, Strangeways Research Laboratory, Cambridge, UK
J Natl Cancer Inst 96:936-45. 2004..We investigated the association between levels of sex hormones and single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) in genes coding for the enzymes that regulate them...
- A mouse tool for conditional mutagenesis in ovarian granulosa cellsBeatrice Grabner
Ludwig Boltzmann Institute for Cancer Research, Vienna, Austria
Genesis 48:612-7. 2010..Artificial Chromosome (BAC) containing the regulatory elements of the hydroxysteroid (17-beta) dehydrogenase 1 (Hsd17b1) gene...
- Characterization of rat 17 beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase type 1 gene and mRNA transcriptsL A Akinola
Biocenter Oulu, WHO Collaborating Center for Research in Human Reproduction, Finland
Gene 208:229-38. 1998..Sequence comparison of the first 200 bp upstream of the cap site showed 72% identity between the human and rat HSD17B1 genes, including a conserved GC-rich area...
- Ten polymorphisms of estrogen-metabolizing genes and a family history of colon cancer--an association study of multiple gene-gene interactionsAmbros Huber
Department of Gynecologic Endocrinology and Infertility Treatment, Medical University of Vienna, Vienna, Austria
J Soc Gynecol Investig 12:e51-4. 2005..microarrays: catechol-O-methyltransferase (COMT) Val158Met G-->A, 17-beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase type 1 (HSD17) vlV A-->C, cytochrome P-450 (CYP) 17 A2 allele T-->C, CYP1A1 MspI RFLP T-->C, CYP1A1 Ile462Val A-->G, ..
- Effects of dutasteride on the expression of genes related to androgen metabolism and related pathway in human prostate cancer cell linesMichela Biancolella
Department of Biopathology and Diagnostic Imaging, Tor Vergata University, Via Montpellier 1, 00133 Rome, Italy
Invest New Drugs 25:491-7. 2007..Overexpressed genes included genes encoding for proteins involved in biosynthesis and metabolism of androgen (HSD17B1;HSD17B3;CYP11B2), androgen receptor and androgen receptor co-regulators (AR;CCND1), and signal transduction(ERBB2;..
- Private inherited microdeletion/microduplications: implications in clinical practiceMaria Antonietta Mencarelli
Medical Genetics, Molecular Biology Department, University of Siena, Viale Bracci 2, 53100 Siena, Italy
Eur J Med Genet 51:409-16. 2008..presents sex reversal, Peters' anomaly and renal cysts and the duplication is located 4Mb away from the HSD17B1 gene, coding a key enzyme of testosterone biosynthesis...
- BRCA1-associated breast and ovarian cancer risks in Poland: no association with commonly studied polymorphismsAnna Jakubowska
Pomeranian Medical University, Szczecin, Poland
Breast Cancer Res Treat 119:201-11. 2010..Lig4 participate in DNA repair, TP53 in cell cycle check point control, AIB1, AR, COMT, CYP11A1, CYP17A1, CYP19A1, HSD17 and PGR in steroid hormone biosynthesis/metabolism/signaling, TYMS in folate metabolism and HER2, IL6, LRP1, TGFB ..
- Direct selection of expressed sequences within a 1-Mb region flanking BRCA1 on human chromosome 17q21S Osborne-Lawrence
McDermott Center for Human Growth and Development, Department of Pediatrics, Dallas, Texas 75235 8591, USA
Genomics 25:248-55. 1995..DNA sequence analyses revealed that 4 of these cDNAs were derived from known genes (EDH17B2, glucose-6-phosphatase, IAI...
- Expression of types 1, 2, and 3 17 beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase in subcutaneous abdominal and intra-abdominal adipose tissue of womenA M Corbould
Department of Medicine, Flinders University, Bedford Park, Australia
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 83:187-94. 1998..The association of visceral obesity with the development of insulin resistance and dyslipidaemia raises the question of the role of steroid production in adipose tissue in the pathogenesis of these disorders...
- Structure of the ternary complex of human 17beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase type 1 with 3-hydroxyestra-1,3,5,7-tetraen-17-one (equilin) and NADP+M W Sawicki
Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Elm and Carlton Streets, Buffalo, NY 14263, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 96:840-5. 1999..One possible outcome of estrogen replacement therapy in vivo could be reduction of E2 levels in breast tissues and hence the reduced risk of estrogen-dependent breast cancer...
- The partial female to male sex reversal in Wnt-4-deficient females involves induced expression of testosterone biosynthetic genes and testosterone production, and depends on androgen actionMinna Heikkilä
Biocenter Oulu, University of Oulu, Aapistie 5A, University of Oulu, P O Box 5000, FIN 90014 Oulu, Finland
Endocrinology 146:4016-23. 2005..synthesis of testosterone in the mouse is induced in the Wnt-4-deficient ovary, including Cyp11a, Cyp17, Hsd3b1, Hsd17b1, and Hsd17b3...
- Steroidogenic enzyme and key decidualization marker dysregulation in endometrial stromal cells from women with versus without endometriosisL Aghajanova
Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Reproductive Sciences, University of California, San Francisco, California 94143, USA
Biol Reprod 80:105-14. 2009..E2) and P4 biosynthetic and metabolizing enzymes is disturbed (decreased HSD3B1 and HSD17B2, and increased HSD17B1 and aromatase), with the equilibrium being shifted towards an E2-enriched milieu...
- Selective inhibition of 17beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase type 1 (17betaHSD1) reduces estrogen responsive cell growth of T47-D breast cancer cellsPatricia Kruchten
8 2 Pharmaceutical and Medicinal Chemistry, Saarland University, Saarbrucken, Germany
J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol 114:200-6. 2009..In conclusion, our findings strongly support suitability of non-steroidal 17betaHSD1-inhibitors for the treatment of estrogen dependent diseases...
- Polymorphisms in ESR1, ESR2 and HSD17B1 genes are associated with fertility status in endometriosisMerit Lamp
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, University of Tartu, Tartu, Estonia
Gynecol Endocrinol 27:425-33. 2011..To investigate whether polymorphisms in genes involved in biosynthesis and signalling of sex steroids influence susceptibility to endometriosis and to infertility associated with it...
- Effects of progestins on local estradiol biosynthesis and action in the Z-12 endometriotic epithelial cell lineNataša Beranič
Institute of Biochemistry, Faculty of Medicine, University of Ljubljana, Vrazov trg 2, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia
J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol 132:303-10. 2012..results show that application of medroxyprogestrone acetate, dydrogesterone and dienogest significantly decreases HSD17B1 and CYP19A1 expression and significantly increases HSD17B2 expression...
- Confirmation of the reduction of hormone replacement therapy-related breast cancer risk for carriers of the HSD17B1_937_G variantOfure Obazee
Dr Margarete Fischer Bosch Institute of Clinical Pharmacology, Auerbachstrasse 112, 70376, Stuttgart, Germany
Breast Cancer Res Treat 138:543-8. 201317β-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase type 1 (HSD17B1) plays an important role in the biosynthesis of 17β-estradiol...
- Testosterone treatment increases androgen receptor and aromatase gene expression in myotubes from patients with PCOS and controls, but does not induce insulin resistanceMette Brandt Eriksen
Department of Endocrinology, Odense University Hospital, Odense, Denmark Department of Clinical Research, University of Southern Denmark, Odense, Denmark Department of Clinical Pathology, Odense University Hospital, Odense, Denmark University Library of Southern Denmark, University of Southern Denmark, Odense, Denmark Electronic address
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 451:622-6. 2014..gene expression levels of hormone receptors and enzymes involved in the synthesis and conversion of testosterone (HSD17B1, HSD17B2, CYP19A1, SRD5A1-2, AR, ER-α, HSD17B6 and AKR1-3) in myotubes from ten patients with PCOS and ten ..
- Wt1 dictates the fate of fetal and adult Leydig cells during development in the mouse testisQing Wen
State Key Laboratory of Reproduction Biology, Institute of Zoology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing, China University of Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing, China and
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 307:E1131-43. 2014..Deletion of Wt1 gene also perturbed the expression of steroidogenic enzymes Star, P450c17, Hsd3b6, Hsd3b1, Hsd17b1, and Hsd17b3...
- 203 pi3-k pathway is one of the key regulators of steroidogenesis of cumulus cells of bovine cumulus-oocyte complexes maturated in defined medium in the presence of fshD Kaiser de Souza
University of Brasilia, Brasilia, DF, Brazil
Reprod Fertil Dev 27:192. 2014..from 20 COC were isolated by centrifugation to determine the gene expression of LHR, FSHR, CYP11A1, CYP19A1, and HSD17B1 by PCR real time. Cumulus cells of immature COC were also collected and analysed as the calibrator group...
- Increased 17ß-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase type 1 levels in primary cervical cancerAgata Tomaszewska
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Poznan University of Medical Sciences, Poznan, Poland The Centre for Orthodontic Mini implants of the Chair and Clinic of Maxillofacial Orthopedics and Orthodontics, Poznan University of Medical Sciences, Poznan, Poland
Biomed Pharmacother 72:179-83. 2015..The 17β-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase type 1 (HSD17B1) is the enzyme involved in the transformation of estrone (E1) into E2...
- Generation of a transcription map at the HSD17B locus centromeric to BRCA1 at 17q21J M Rommens
Department of Genetics, Hospital for Sick Children, University of Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Genomics 28:530-42. 1995..of genes with restricted patterns of expression were also obtained, including the previously characterized HSD17B1. One new gene, for which a full-length cDNA was isolated, was found to have an interesting tissue-specific ..
- Genetic analysis of the BRCA1 region in a large breast/ovarian family: refinement of the minimal region containing BRCA1D P Kelsell
Imperial Cancer Reseach Fund, Clare Hall Laboratories, South Mimms, Hertfordshire, UK
Hum Mol Genet 2:1823-8. 1993..We have sequenced the 17 beta-oestradiol dehydrogenase genes (EDH17B1 and EDH17B2) which have been suggested as candidate genes for BRCA1 in four members of this family...
- Detection of polymorphisms in the estradiol 17 beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase II gene at the EDH17B2 locus on 17q11-q21T Normand
Medical Research Council Group in Molecular Endocrinology, CHUL Research Center, Quebec, Canada
Hum Mol Genet 2:479-83. 1993..These polymorphisms in the 17 beta-HSD II gene provide markers that can be used for the genetic mapping of this locus, and may be used to establish whether 17 beta-HSD II is a candidate gene for hereditary breast-ovarian cancer...
- Structural basis of the multispecificity demonstrated by 17beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase types 1 and 5S X Lin
Molecular Endocrinology Research Center at Laval University Hospital Research Center CHUL, CHUQ, Laval University, Que, Canada G1V 4G2
Mol Cell Endocrinol 248:38-46. 2006..The multi-specificity contributes significantly to steroid metabolism in peripheral tissues, due to the high levels of 17beta-HSD5 mRNA in both breast and prostate tissues...
- Role of transforming growth factor-beta1 in gene expression and activity of estradiol and progesterone-generating enzymes in FSH-stimulated bovine granulosa cellsXiaofeng Zheng
Faculte de Medecine Veterinaire, Centre de Recherche en Reproduction Animale CRRA, Universite de Montreal, St Hyacinthe, Quebec, Canada
Reproduction 136:447-57. 2008..of E(2)-related enzymes cytochrome P450 aromatase (CYP19A1) and 17beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase type 1 (HSD17B1), but not HSD17B7...
- Enhanced cortisol production rates, free cortisol, and 11beta-HSD-1 expression correlate with visceral fat and insulin resistance in men: effect of weight lossJonathan Q Purnell
Oregon Health and Science Univ, Div of Endocrinology, Diabetes, and Clinical Nutrition, Center for the Study of Weight Regulation, L481, 3181 SW Sam Jackson Park, Portland, OR 97239, USA
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 296:E351-7. 2009....
- Role of BRCA1, HSD17B1 and HSD17B2 methylation in breast cancer tissueV Bhavani
Department of Genetics, Vasavi Hospital and Research Centre, Khairtabad, Hyderabad, India
Cancer Biomark 5:207-13. 2009..cancer (BC): The breast cancer susceptibility gene 1 (BRCA1), 17 beta hydroxy steroid dehydrogenase type 1 (HSD17B1) and type 2 (HSD17B2)...
- Association of testicular germ cell tumor with polymorphisms in estrogen receptor and steroid metabolism genesAlberto Ferlin
Section of Clinical Pathology and Centre for Male Gamete Cryopreservation, Department of Histology, Microbiology and Medical Biotechnologies, University of Padova, Via Gabelli 63, 35121 Padova, Italy
Endocr Relat Cancer 17:17-25. 2010..and 218 controls: ESR (ESR1 and ESR2); CYP19A1 (aromatase); 17beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase types 1 and 4 (HSD17B1 and HSD17B4) dehydrogenases that convert potent androgens and estrogens to weak hormones; cytochrome P450 ..
- Novel hydroxysteroid (17beta) dehydrogenase 1 inhibitors reverse estrogen-induced endometrial hyperplasia in transgenic miceTaija Saloniemi
Department of Physiology, University of Turku, and the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Turku University Central Hospital, Kiinamyllynkatu 10, FIN 20014 Turku, Finland
Am J Pathol 176:1443-51. 2010..Hydroxysteroid (17beta) dehydrogenase 1 (HSD17B1) is an enzyme that catalyzes with high efficiency the conversion of weakly active estrone into highly potent ..
- Dietary isoflavone intake, polymorphisms in the CYP17, CYP19, 17beta-HSD1, and SHBG genes, and risk of breast cancer in case-control studies in Japanese, Japanese Brazilians, and non-Japanese BraziliansMotoki Iwasaki
Epidemiology and Prevention Division, Research Center for Cancer Prevention and Screening, National Cancer Center, Tokyo 104 0045, Japan
Nutr Cancer 62:466-75. 2010..06-0.77). We found no remarkable difference for the rs743572 and rs10046 polymorphisms. Our findings suggest that polymorphisms in the 17beta-HSD1 and SHBG genes may modify the association between isoflavone intake and breast cancer risk...
- Type 10 17β-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase expression is regulated by C/EBPβ in HepG2 cellsMirja Rotinen
Department of Health Sciences, Universidad Publica de Navarra, Avda Barañain, 31008 Pamplona, Spain
J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol 122:164-71. 2010..Here, we analyze the 5'-flanking region of 14 promoters (HSD17B1-14) looking for CCAAT boxes and binding sites for CCAAT enhancer binding factors (C/EBPs)...
- Serum estrogen and tumor-positive estrogen receptor-alpha are strong prognostic classifiers of non-small-cell lung cancer survival in both men and womenSusan E Olivo-Marston
Laboratory of Human Carcinogenesis, National Cancer Institute, Center for Cancer Research, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Carcinogenesis 31:1778-86. 2010..Understanding the genetic control of estrogen biosynthesis and response in lung cancer could lead to improved prognosis and therapy...
- Association of genetic polymorphisms in ESR2, HSD17B1, ABCB1, and SHBG genes with colorectal cancer riskJ Sainz
Division of Molecular Genetic Epidemiology, German Cancer Research Center, Im Neuenheimer Feld 580, 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
Endocr Relat Cancer 18:265-76. 2011..in steroid hormone signaling (ESR1, ESR2, PGR, NR1I2, and SHBG), phase I- and II-metabolizing enzyme (COMT, HSD17B1, CYP1A1, CYP17A1, CYP1A2, CYP1B1, CYP2C9, CYP3A4, CYP2C19, and GSTP1), and hormone transporter (ABCB1) genes with ..
- Modification of menopausal hormone therapy-associated colorectal cancer risk by polymorphisms in sex steroid signaling, metabolism and transport related genesAnja Rudolph
Division of Cancer Epidemiology, German Cancer Research Center, Im Neuenheimer Feld 581, 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
Endocr Relat Cancer 18:371-84. 2011..genes related to hormone metabolism (COMT, CYP1A1, CYP1A2, CYP1B1, CYP2C9, CYP2C19, CYP3A4, CYP17A1, GSTP, and HSD17B1), transport (ABCB1), and signaling (ESR1, ESR2, SHBG, PGR, and NR1I2)...
- Butyrate induces expression of 17β-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase type 1 in HT29 and SW707 colorectal cancer cellsAgnieszka Anna Rawłuszko
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Poznan University of Medical Sciences, Poznan, Poland
DNA Cell Biol 30:661-9. 2011..In peripheral tissue, E2 can be produced locally by 17β-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase 1 (HSD17B1) estrone (E1) reduction...
- Hydroxysteroid (17-β) dehydrogenase 1 is dysregulated by miR-210 and miR-518c that are aberrantly expressed in preeclamptic placentas: a novel marker for predicting preeclampsiaOsamu Ishibashi
Department of Molecular Medicine and Anatomy, Nippon Medical School, 1 1 5 Sendagi, Tokyo 113 8602, Japan
Hypertension 59:265-73. 2012..5 of which were predicted in silico to commonly target the mRNA encoding hydroxysteroid (17-β) dehydrogenase 1 (HSD17B1), a steroidogenetic enzyme expressed predominantly in the placenta...
- 17beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase type 1 modulates breast cancer protein profile and impacts cell migrationJuliette A Aka
Laboratory of Molecular Endocrinology and Oncology, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Québec Research Center CHUQ CHUL and Department of Molecular Medicine, Laval University, 2705 Boulevard Laurier, Quebec G1V 4G2, Canada
Breast Cancer Res 14:R92. 2012..Here, we demonstrate the impact of 17β-HSD1 expression on the breast cancer cell proteome and investigate its role in cell migration...
- Conversion of estrone to 17-beta-estradiol in human non-small-cell lung cancer cells in vitroHanna Drzewiecka
Poznan University of Medical Sciences, Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Poznan, Poland
Biomed Pharmacother 66:530-4. 2012..Therefore, we evaluated the transcript and protein levels of 17-beta-hydroxysteroid-dehydrogenase type 1 (HSD17B1), and the conversion of estrone (E1) to 17-beta-estradiol (E2) in human non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) Calu-6,..
- Transcriptome analysis during human trophectoderm specification suggests new roles of metabolic and epigenetic genesSaid Assou
CHU Montpellier, Institute for Research in Biotherapy, Hopital Saint Eloi, INSERM U1040, Montpellier, France
PLoS ONE 7:e39306. 2012..MUC15), chromatin remodeling (specifically the DNA methyltransferase DNMT3L) and steroid metabolism (HSD3B1, HSD17B1 and FDX1). In day 3 human embryos 1,714 transcripts were specifically up-regulated...
- Dioxin exposure reduces the steroidogenic capacity of mouse antral follicles mainly at the level of HSD17B1 without altering atresiaBethany N Karman
Department of Comparative Biosciences, University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign, Urbana, IL 61802, USA
Toxicol Appl Pharmacol 264:1-12. 2012..TCDD exposure for 48h increased levels of A4, without changing HSD3B1 protein, HSD17B1 protein, estrone (E1), T or E2 levels. Further, TCDD did not alter atresia ratings compared to vehicle at 48h...
- Between-female variation in house sparrow yolk testosterone concentration is negatively associated with CYP19A1 (aromatase) mRNA expression in ovarian folliclesJeremy R Egbert
School of Biological Sciences, Washington State University, WA 99164 4236, United States
Gen Comp Endocrinol 183:53-62. 2013..protein (StAR), cytochrome P450-side chain cleavage enzyme (CYP11A1), 17β-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase (HSD17B1), and aromatase (CYP19A1)...
- Gene expression changes in adipose tissue with diet- and/or exercise-induced weight lossKristin L Campbell
National Center for Tumor Diseases NCT, Division of Preventive Oncology, German Cancer Research Center DKFZ, Im Neuenheimer Feld 460, Heidelberg 69120, Germany
Cancer Prev Res (Phila) 6:217-31. 2013..by weight change category, greater weight loss was associated a decrease in 17β-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase-1 (HSD17B1, Ptrend < 0.01) and leptin (LEP, Ptrend < 0...
- Expression of 17β-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase type 1 in gastric cancerBartosz Adam Frycz
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Poznan University of Medical Sciences, 6 Swiecickiego St, 60 781 Poznan, Poland Electronic address
Biomed Pharmacother 67:651-7. 2013..E2) may be formed during estrone (E1) reduction to E2 by 17-β-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase type 1 (HSD17B1)...
- Reductive 17beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenases which synthesize estradiol and inactivate dihydrotestosterone constitute major and concerted players in ER+ breast cancer cellsChen Yan Zhang
Laboratory of Molecular Endocrinology and Oncology, CHU de Quebec Research Center CHUL and Laval University, Quebec City, Quebec G1V4G2, Canada Key Laboratory for Space Bioscience and Biotechnology, Faculty of Life Sciences, Northwestern Polytechnic University, Xi an, Shaanxi, China
J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol 150:24-34. 2015..17β-HSD1 and -7 are principal reductive 17β-HSDs and major players in the viability of estrogen-dependent breast cancer cells. Combined targeting of these enzymes may be potential for molecular therapy of such cancer...
- Increased expression of 17-beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase type 1 in non-small cell lung cancerHanna Drzewiecka
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Poznan University of Medical Sciences, Swiecickiego 6 Street, 60 781 Poznan, Poland Electronic address
Lung Cancer 87:107-16. 2015..The 17-beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase type 1 (HSD17B1) catalyzes the reduction of estrone (E1) to the highly potent E2...
- HSD17B1 expression enhances estrogen signaling stimulated by the low active estrone, evidenced by an estrogen responsive element-driven reporter gene in vivoPäivi Järvensivu
Department of Physiology, University of Turku, Kiinamyllynkatu 10, FIN 20520 Turku, Finland
Chem Biol Interact 234:126-34. 2015Hydroxysteroid (17beta) dehydrogenase 1 (HSD17B1) belongs to a family of short-chain-dehydrogenases...
- Variants in RBP4 and AR genes modulate age at onset in familial amyloid polyneuropathy (FAP ATTRV30M)Diana Santos
UnIGENe, IBMC, Institute for Molecular and Cell Biology, and Instituto de Investigação e Inovação em Saúde i3S, Universidade do Porto, Porto, Portugal
Eur J Hum Genet 24:756-60. 2016..of APCS and RBP4 genes and to study for the first time the involvement of sex-linked genetic modifiers - AR and HSD17B1 genes - in AO variation in Portuguese families...
- Polymorphisms in CYP19A1, HSD17B1 and HSD17B2 genes and serum sex hormone level among postmenopausal Japanese womenSatoyo Hosono
Division of Epidemiology and Prevention, Aichi Cancer Center Research Institute, 1 1 Kanokoden, Chikusa ku, Nagoya 464 8681, Japan Electronic address
Maturitas 82:394-401. 2015..We examined possible associations between serum sex hormone level and polymorphisms in CYP19A1, HSD17B1, and HSD17B2. We also assessed possible interaction between these polymorphisms and current overweight.
- Differential expression of steroidogenic enzymes according to endometriosis typeSebastien Colette
Universite Catholique de Louvain, Pôle de Recherche en Gynécologie, Institut de Recherche Expérimentale et Clinique, Brussels, Belgium
Fertil Steril 100:1642-9. 2013..lesions, expression of steroidogenic enzymes involved in the activation and inactivation of estrogens: 17β-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase type 1 (HSD17B1) and 2 (HSD17B2), estrone sulfotransferase (EST), and steroid sulfatase (STS).
- Structural basis for species specific inhibition of 17β-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase type 1 (17β-HSD1): computational study and biological validationTobias Klein
Pharmaceutical and Medicinal Chemistry, Saarland University, Saarbrucken, Germany
PLoS ONE 6:e22990. 2011..Additionally, it facilitates inhibitor design and optimization by offering new information on protein-ligand interactions...
- Decreased expression of 17β-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase type 1 is associated with DNA hypermethylation in colorectal cancer located in the proximal colonAgnieszka Anna Rawłuszko
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Poznan University of Medical Sciences, Poznan, Poland
BMC Cancer 11:522. 2011..sulfatase pathway from estrone (E1) sulfate followed by E1 reduction to E2 by 17-β-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase (HSD17B1), so HSD17B1 gene expression may play an important role in the production of E2 in peripheral tissue, including ..
- Overexpression of 17β-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase type 1 increases the exposure of endometrial cancer to 17β-estradiolKarlijn M C Cornel
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Maastricht University Medical Centre, P Debyelaan 25, 6202 AZ Maastricht, The Netherlands
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 97:E591-601. 2012..The local interconversions between estrone (low activity) and 17β-estradiol (potent compound) by 17β-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenases (17β-HSDs) can lead to high 17β-estradiol generation in endometrial cancer (EC)...
- Estrogen-related genes and their contribution to racial differences in breast cancer riskKerryn W Reding
Division of Public Health Sciences, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Seattle, WA 98109 1024, USA
Cancer Causes Control 23:671-81. 2012..in genes related to estrogen metabolism (COMT, CYP1A1, CYP1B1, CYP17A1, CYP19A1, ESR1, GSTM1, GSTP1, GSTT1, HSD17B1, SULT1A1, and UGT1A1) contributes to breast cancer risk and/or racial differences in risk within the CARE study, ..
- Plasma level of hydroxysteroid (17-β) dehydrogenase 1 in the second trimester is an independent risk factor for predicting preeclampsia after adjusting for the effects of mean blood pressure, bilateral notching and plasma level of soluble fms-like tyrosinAkihide Ohkuchi
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Jichi Medical University School of Medicine, Tochigi, Japan
Hypertens Res 35:1152-8. 2012..Recently, we disclosed that reducing the plasma level of hydroxysteroid (17-β) dehydrogenase 1 (HSD17B1), which is a steroidogenetic enzyme catalyzing the conversion of estrone to 17β-estradiol, is a potential ..
- Progesterone and estradiol in cat placenta--biosynthesis and tissue concentrationBeate C Braun
Leibniz Institute for Zoo and Wildlife Research, PF601103, 10252 Berlin, Germany
J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol 132:295-302. 2012..pregnancy stages were analyzed for mRNA expression of five steroidogenic enzymes (HSD3B1, CYP11A1, CYP17A1, HSD17B1 and CYP19A1) and for tissue concentrations of progesterone and estradiol...
- An in vitro investigation of endocrine disrupting effects of trichothecenes deoxynivalenol (DON), T-2 and HT-2 toxinsD G Ndossi
Norwegian School of Veterinary Science, Oslo, Norway Sokoine University of Agriculture, Morogoro, Tanzania
Toxicol Lett 214:268-78. 2012..T-2 toxin caused down-regulation of NR0B1 and NR5A1 whereas HT-2 toxin induced up-regulation of EPHX and HSD17B1 and down-regulation of CYP11A and CYP17...
- The anti-epileptic drug valproic acid (VPA) inhibits steroidogenesis in bovine theca and granulosa cells in vitroClaire Glister
School of Biological Sciences, University of Reading, Reading, Berkshire, United Kingdom
PLoS ONE 7:e49553. 2012..VPA reversed FSH-induced upregulation of CYP19A1 and HSD17B1 mRNA abundance (P<0.001)...
- The effects of aflatoxin B1 on transporters and steroid metabolizing enzymes in JEG-3 cellsPasi Huuskonen
University of Eastern Finland, Faculty of Health Sciences, School of Pharmacy, FI 70211 Kuopio, Finland
Toxicol Lett 218:200-6. 2013..ABCC1, ABCC2, ABCG2, OAT4 and the mRNA expression of steroid-metabolizing enzymes CYP1A1, CYP19A1, HSD3B1 and HSD17B1, and conjugating enzyme family UGT1A were evaluated in trophoblastic JEG-3 cells...
- Human placental 17 beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase is homologous to NodG protein of Rhizobium melilotiM E Baker
Department of Medicine, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla 92093
Mol Endocrinol 3:881-4. 1989..We propose that the steroid recognition site on 17 beta-OH-steroid dehydrogenase evolved from an ancestral recognition site for polyols such as ribitol and glucitol-6-phosphate...
- Human placental estradiol 17 beta-dehydrogenase. Identification of a single histidine residue affinity-labeled by both 3-bromoacetoxyestrone and 12 beta-bromoacetoxy-4-estrene-3,17-dioneG L Murdock
J Biol Chem 258:11460-4. 1983..It is concluded that the steroid-binding site of human placental estradiol 17 beta-dehydrogenase contains a histidine residue which proximates the upper A-ring region of the steroid as it undergoes the reversible binding step...
- The molecular biology of androgenic 17 beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenasesS Andersson
Department of Biochemistry, Merck Research Laboratories, Rahway, NJ 07065, USA
J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol 53:37-9. 1995..The 17 beta-HSD3 gene is mutated in male pseudohermaphrodites with the genetic disease 17 beta-HSD deficiency...
- Synthesis of 16-(bromoalkyl)-estradiols having inhibitory effect on human placental estradiol 17 beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase (17 beta-HSD type 1)M R Tremblay
Medicinal Chemistry Division, CHUL Research Center, Quebec, Canada
Bioorg Med Chem 3:505-23. 1995..Consequently, 16 alpha-(bromopropyl)-E2, 16 alpha-(bromobutyl)-E2, and 16 beta-(bromobutyl)-E2 were the best inhibitors discussed in this paper...
- The gene for hereditary breast-ovarian cancer, BRCA1, maps distal to EDH17B2 in chromosome region 17q12-q21P Tonin
Department of Medicine, Montreal General Hospital, Quebec, Canada
Hum Mol Genet 3:1679-82. 1994..A recombinant event in this family places BRCA1 distal (telomeric) to the locus EDH17B2, which codes for the enzyme estradiol 17 beta-dehydrogenase II...
- A 100-kb physical and transcriptional map around the EDH17B2 gene: identification of three novel genes and a pseudogene of a human homologue of the rat PRL-1 tyrosine phosphataseM Montagna
International Agency for Research on Cancer, Lyon, France
Hum Genet 96:532-8. 1995..Using the cDNA of the EDH17B2 gene as a probe, we screened a human genomic cosmid library...
- Kinetic analysis of enzymic activities: prediction of multiple forms of 17 beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenaseC H Blomquist
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Ramsey Clinic St Paul Ramsey Medical Center, MN 55101, USA
J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol 55:515-24. 1995..Mouse ovary appears to contain forms of 17 beta-HSD which differ from 17 beta-HSD type 1 and type 2 in their kinetic properties...
- Molecular dissection of a cosmid from a gene-rich region in 17q21 and characterization of a candidate gene for alpha-N-acetylglucosaminidase with two cDNA isoformsZ Zhao
Department of Molecular and Human Genetics, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Mamm Genome 7:686-90. 1996..Finally, our study has shown that the 46.7-kb cosmid c140c10 encompasses loci for five genes and pseudo-genes: PsiPTP4A, ufHSD, 17-HSDI, 17-HSDII, and 22A1...
- TCFL4: a gene at 17q21.1 encoding a putative basic helix-loop-helix leucine-zipper transcription factorM Bjerknes
Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology, University of Toronto, Ont, Canada
Gene 181:7-11. 1996..expressed putative basic helix-loop-helix leucine-zipper (bHLH-zip) transcription factor which is located 3' to HSD17B1 (17-beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase gene) at 17q21...
- Unusual charge stabilization of NADP+ in 17beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenaseC Mazza
Laboratoire de Cristallographie et Cristallogenese des Proteines, Institut de Biologie Structurale J P Ebel, CEA CNRS, 41, avenue des Martyrs, F 38027 Grenoble cedex, France
J Biol Chem 273:8145-52. 1998..Analysis of the catalytic properties of, and estradiol binding to, the two mutants suggests that the His221-steroid O3 hydrogen bond plays an important role in substrate specificity...
- Prominent sex steroid metabolism in human lymphocytesZ Zhou
Department of Pediatrics, North Shore University Hospital, New York University School of Medicine, Manhasset 11030, USA
Mol Cell Endocrinol 138:61-9. 1998..both cultured and fresh peripheral lymphocytes for CYP11A, CYP17, HSD11L (11beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase I), HSD17B1 (17beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase type I) and SRD5A1 (5alpha-reductase I)...
- Hormonal carcinogenesisB E Henderson
Department of Preventive Medicine, USC Norris Comprehensive Cancer Center, 1441 Eastlake Avenue, MS44, PO Box 33800, Los Angeles, CA 90033 0800, USA
Carcinogenesis 21:427-33. 2000..The genes included in the breast cancer model are the 17beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase 1 (HSD17B1) gene, the cytochrome P459c17alpha (CYP17) gene, the aromatase (CYP19) gene, and the estrogen receptor alpha (ER) ..
- Identification and characterization of 17 beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenases in the zebrafish, Danio rerioR Mindnich
GSF National Research Center for Environment and Health, Institute of Experimental Genetics, Ingolstaedter Landstr 1, Neuherberg 85764, Germany
Mol Cell Endocrinol 215:19-30. 2004..17beta-HSD type 1 (HSD17B1) catalyzes the reduction of estrone to estradiol, while type 3 (HSD17B3) performs the conversion of ..
- Single-nucleotide polymorphisms in the 17beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase genes might predict the risk of side-effects of estramustine phosphate sodium in prostate cancer patientsMotofumi Suzuki
Department of Urology, Graduate School of Medicine, University of Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan
Int J Urol 12:166-72. 2005..We analyzed single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNP) in the 17beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase (HSD17B) genes, which are involved in the metabolism of EMP, to predict the risk of EMP side-effects in prostate cancer patients...
- Ten estrogen-related polymorphisms and endometriosis: a study of multiple gene-gene interactionsAmbros Huber
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Medical University Vienna, Waehringer Guertel 18 20, A 1090 Vienna, Austria
Obstet Gynecol 106:1025-31. 2005..We aimed to investigate the association among 10 single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) involved in the estrogen metabolism and endometriosis and to develop a multiple genetic model...
- Genetic variation in the HSD17B1 gene and risk of prostate cancerPeter Kraft
Program in Molecular and Genetic Epidemiology, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, Massachusetts, United States of America
PLoS Genet 1:e68. 2005..Here we report on the results of a comprehensive study of the association between HSD17B1 and prostate cancer by the Breast and Prostate Cancer Cohort Consortium, a large collaborative study...
- Interspecies comparison of gene structure and computational analysis of gene regulation of 17beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase type 1B Keller
GSF National Research Center for Environment and Health, Institute of Experimental Genetics, Genome Analysis Center, Ingolstaedter Landstr 1, 85764 Neuherberg, Germany
Mol Cell Endocrinol 248:168-71. 200617Beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase type 1 (HSD17B1) is a key enzyme of 17beta-estradiol biosynthesis, and in rodents is additionally involved in testosterone biosynthesis...
- [Genetic aspects of polycystic ovary syndrome]Lucjusz Jakubowski
Department of Genetics, Polish Mother s Memorial Hospital Research Institute, 93 338 Lodz, Poland
Endokrynol Pol 56:285-93. 2005..have been tested include genes involved in steroid hormone biosynthesis and metabolism (StAR, CYP11, CYP17, CYP19 HSD17B1-3, HSD3B1-2), gonadotropin and gonadal hormones action (ACTR1, ACTR2A-B, FS, INHA, INHBA-B, INHC, SHBG, LHCGR, ..
- Genes, Hormones and Breast Cancer RiskVeronica Wendy Setiawan; Fiscal Year: 2010..levels, 2) characterize genetic variation of estrogen biosynthesis genes (CYP11A, CYP17, CYP19, HSD3B1, HSD3B2, HSD17B1, HSD17B2, and SHBG) using a two-pronged approach (putative functional variants and inferred haplotypes) and ..
- Estrogen and Progesterone-related Gene Variants and Colorectal Cancer RiskShumin Zhang; Fiscal Year: 2009..responsible for local estrogen concentrations and the conversion of progesterone to estrogens via androgens (HSD17B1, HSD17B2, HSD17B4, CYP19A1, and CYP17A1) and for estrogen catabolism (CYP1A1, CYP1B1, and COMT)...
- EPIDEMIOLOGY OF MENOPAUSE AND DEMENTIA IN DOWN SYNDROMENicole Schupf; Fiscal Year: 2009..We will examine 5 candidate genes: ERalpha, ERbeta, CYP17, CYP19, and HSD17B1. We will determine whether polymorphisms in the genes for ERalpha (P and X), ERbeta (G), Cyp17 (Allele A2), CYP19 ..
- GENES AND THE ESTROGEN EFFECT ON ENDOMETRIAL CANCERGiske Ursin; Fiscal Year: 2006..We propose to evaluate a series of eight candidate genes (CYP17, CYP19, HSD17B1, ER, CYP1A1, CYP1B1, COMT andPR) in the estrogen biosynthesis, transactivation and metabolism pathways to ..
- BRCA1 AND BRCA2 IN AFRICAN-AMERICAN AND LATINO FAMILIESBrian Henderson; Fiscal Year: 2002..of BRCA1, BRCA2, the cytochrome P450cl7alpha gene (CYP17), and the 17beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase 1 gene (HSD17B1) among African-American and Latino families with a history of breast and ovarian cancer and evaluate possible ..
- MENOPAUSAL TRANSITION: A BIOBEHAVIORAL MODEL OF SYMPTOMSEllen Mitchell; Fiscal Year: 2006..of genetic polymorphisms of the estrogen receptor gene (ESR1 PvuII) and estrogen metabolic genes (CYP17, CYP19, EDH17B2, CYP1A1, CYP1b1 enzymes) on estradiol and estrone levels, age of onset of middle and late transition and ..
- GENETIC SUSCEPTIBILITY TO CANCER IN MULTIETHNIC COHORTSBrian Henderson; Fiscal Year: 2000..Specifically, this proposal will investigate polymorphisms in candidate genes (NAT2, GSTM1, CYP1A1, SRD5A2, AR, EDH17B2, CYP17, and ER), that might alter metabolism of relevant endogenous or exogenous exposures and their interactions ..
- Genetic Susceptibility to Infection Related CancerIkuko Kato; Fiscal Year: 2005..Secondary aims include to examine histopathological correlates of these polymorphisms and to determine whether selected environmental factors modify the above associations. ..
- Sex steroid, HPA regulation, and fat patterningJonathan Purnell; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- Estrogen, Metabolism, Menopause, and Health OutcomesMaryFran Sowers; Fiscal Year: 2006..This is a unique opportunity to prospectively integrate lifestyle elements with measures of hormone metabolism pathways into a comprehensive examination of multiple human health effects. ..
- Functional Status and the Menopause TransitionMaryFran R Sowers; Fiscal Year: 2010..Among the elderly, older women live longer, develop more chronic disease and experience more prolonged and severe disability than older men. ..
- SWAN Sleep Study II - Michigan CenterMaryFran Sowers; Fiscal Year: 2008..The results can inform primary prevention of adverse health outcomes due to the menopause-related sleep disturbances. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- DIETARY AND GENETIC DETERMINANTS OF MAMMOGRAPHIC DENSITYAnna Wu; Fiscal Year: 2008..For example, we will evaluate whether the associations between estrogen metabolizing genes (e.g., HSD17B1, CYP1B1, COMT, SULT1A1) and mammographic density are stronger among low soy consumers...
- Change in Bone, Arthritis, Function: Hormones & ObesityMaryFran Sowers; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- Luminal Lipid Exposure, Genetics and Colon Cancer RiskIkuko Kato; Fiscal Year: 2006..In addition, accumulated dietary data and biological specimens will serve as an important resource for future research on other nutrient-gene interactions. ..
- Hypothalamic fMRI response to nutrientsJonathan Purnell; Fiscal Year: 2007..These studies will help us to better understand why changes in the diet might lead to weight gain or loss. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Foward Genetic Study of Surface Coat Genes Expression in Trypanosoma BruceiGwo Shu Lee; Fiscal Year: 2008..The success of this study may lead to potential targets for therapeutic designs via intervention of essential processes involved in the switching of VSG gene expression. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- TRANSCIPTION OF PROTEIN CODING GENES IN T BRUCEGwo Shu Lee; Fiscal Year: 2001..abstract_text> ..
- Structure and Regulation of Ghrelin in ObesityJonathan Q Purnell; Fiscal Year: 2010..Results from these studies will broaden our understanding of the brain-gut axis involved in body weight regulation by clarifying the regulation of ghrelin levels and structure in lean and obese individuals. ..
- Regulation of Cortisol Metabolism and Fat PatterningJonathan Purnell; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- ESTROGEN, DIET, GENETICS AND ENDOMETRIAL CANCERSara Olson; Fiscal Year: 2005..This study will provide data on genetic susceptibility in endometrial cancer in conjunction with established risk factors, as well as the first epidemiologic data on the more lethal serous and clear cell tumors. ..
- CORTISOL, CENTRAL OBESITY, AND INSULIN RESISTANCEJonathan Purnell; Fiscal Year: 2003....