Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: hRED2
Description: adenosine deaminase, RNA-specific, B2 (non-functional)
Alias: ADAR3, RED2, RED2 homolog, RNA-dependent adenosine deaminase 3, RNA-editing deaminase 2, RNA-editing enzyme 2, adenosine deaminase, RNA-specific, B2 (RED1 homolog rat), adenosine deaminase, RNA-specific, B2 (RED2 homolog rat), double-stranded RNA-specific editase B2, dsRNA adenosine deaminase B2, homolog of rat BLUE
- Adenosine deaminase binding to human CD26 is inhibited by HIV-1 envelope glycoprotein gp120 and viral particlesA Valenzuela
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Faculty of Chemistry, University of Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain
J Immunol 158:3721-9. 1997..Because ADA deficiency leads to severe combined immunodefiency syndrome, it remains possible that HIV particle-mediated blockade of ADA-CD26 interaction may have significant consequences in the pathogenesis of AIDS...
- Novel exon of mammalian ADAR2 extends open reading frameStefan Maas
Department of Biological Sciences, Lehigh University, Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, United States of America
PLoS ONE 4:e4225. 2009..Therefore, the characterization of ADAR expression and identification of alternative ADAR variants is an important prerequisite for understanding the mechanisms for regulation of RNA editing and the causes for deregulation in disease...
- NEAT1 long noncoding RNA regulates transcription via protein sequestration within subnuclear bodiesTetsuro Hirose
Institute for Genetic Medicine, Hokkaido University, Sapporo 060 0815, Japan Biomedical Research Institute, National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology, Tokyo 135 0064, Japan Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, UMR 8122, Institut Gustave Roussy, Villejuif 94805, France Western Australian Institute for Medical Research, Center for Medical Research, University of Western Australia, Perth, Western Australia 6000, Australia Graduate School of Frontier Biosciences, Osaka University, Suita 565 0871, Japan Hitachi, Kokubunji, Tokyo 185 8601, Japan RIKEN Advanced Institute, Wako 351 0198, Japan Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, FRE 3402, UPMC Universite Paris 06, Paris 75 252, France
Mol Biol Cell 25:169-83. 2014..These data further confirm that paraspeckles are stress-responsive nuclear bodies and provide a model in which induced NEAT1 controls target gene transcription by protein sequestration into paraspeckles. ..
- Characterization of the MCRred2 form of methyl-coenzyme M reductase: a pulse EPR and ENDOR studyCinzia Finazzo
Physical Chemistry, ETH Zurich, 8093 Zurich, Switzerland
J Biol Inorg Chem 8:586-93. 2003..inhibited by coenzyme M (HS-CoM) the MCR(red1) signal is partially converted into the rhombic EPR signal MCR(red2)...
- The nickel enzyme methyl-coenzyme M reductase from methanogenic archaea: In vitro induction of the nickel-based MCR-ox EPR signals from MCR-red2Felix Mahlert
Max Planck Institut für Terrestrische Mikrobiologie and Laboratorium für Mikrobiologie, Fachbereich Biologie, Philipps Universitat, Karl von Frisch Strasse, 35043 Marburg, Germany
J Biol Inorg Chem 7:500-13. 2002..exhibits the axial EPR signal MCR-red1 and in the presence of coenzyme M and coenzyme B the rhombic signal MCR-red2, both derived from Ni(I)...
- Coenzyme B induced coordination of coenzyme M via its thiol group to Ni(I) of F430 in active methyl-coenzyme M reductaseCinzia Finazzo
Physical Chemistry, ETH Zurich, CH 8093 Zurich, Switzerland
J Am Chem Soc 125:4988-9. 2003..The evidence is based on X-band continuous wave EPR and Q-band hyperfine sublevel correlation spectroscopy of MCR in the red2 state induced with 33S-labeled coenzyme M and unlabeled coenzyme B.
- Carbon monoxide dehydrogenase from Rhodospirillum rubrum: effect of redox potential on catalysisJian Feng
Department of Chemistry, Texas A and M University, College Station, Texas 77843 3255, USA
Biochemistry 43:1552-9. 2004..This cluster can be stabilized in redox states designated C(ox), C(red1), C(int), and C(red2)...
- Effect of sodium sulfide on Ni-containing carbon monoxide dehydrogenasesJian Feng
Department of Chemistry, Texas A and M University, College Station, 77843 3255, USA
J Am Chem Soc 126:9094-100. 2004..82 signal to reappear and activity to recover. Sulfide did not affect the g(av) = 1.86 signal from the C(red2) state. A model was developed in which sulfide binds reversibly to C(red1), inhibiting catalysis...
- [Construction of recombinant vector expressing ALAS2 gene in X-linked sideroblastic anemia]Yi Qun Wang
Department of Hematology, The First Hospital, Peking University, Beijing 100034, China
Zhongguo Shi Yan Xue Ye Xue Za Zhi 12:687-93. 2004..The full length cDNA of ALAS2 gene was inserted into plasmid pDs-red2-N1, named pDs-red2-N1/ALAS2. Then, the vector was transfected into K562 cells via electroporation...
- Remarkably different structures and reaction mechanisms of ketoreductases for the opposite stereochemical control in the biosynthesis of BIQ antibioticsTakaaki Taguchi
Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, The University of Tokyo, Hongo, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 0033, Japan
Bioorg Med Chem 12:5917-27. 2004Two ketoreductases, RED1 and RED2, are involved in the biosynthesis of actinorhodin in Streptomyces coelicolor A3(2) and dihydrogranaticin in S. violaceoruber Tu22, respectively...
- Temperature dependence of methyl-coenzyme M reductase activity and of the formation of the methyl-coenzyme M reductase red2 state induced by coenzyme BMeike Goenrich
Max Planck Institut für Terrestrische Mikrobiologie and Laboratorium für Mikrobiologie, Fachbereich Biologie, Philipps Universitat, Karl von Frisch Strasse, 35043 Marburg, Germany
J Biol Inorg Chem 10:333-42. 2005..the presence of coenzyme M (HS-CoM) and coenzyme B the MCR-red1 state is in part converted reversibly into the MCR-red2 state, which shows a rhombic Ni(I)-based EPR signal and a UV-vis spectrum with an absorption maximum at 420 nm...
- [Epididymis in an experimental model of DHT deficiency: immunolocalization of ERalpha and ERbeta in rat epididymal epithelial cells. In vivo and in vitro studies]Agnieszka Kolasa
Katedra i Zakład Histologii i Embriologii Pomorskiej Akademii Medycznej, Szczecin
Ann Acad Med Stetin 52:13-21; discussion 21. 2006..Two isoforms of the 5alpha-red were identified: type 1 (5alpha-redl) and type 2 (5alpha-red2). 5alpha-reductase type 2 is more widely expressed in the epididymis than 5alpha-redl...
- The nickel enzyme methyl-coenzyme M reductase from methanogenic archaea: in vitro interconversions among the EPR detectable MCR-red1 and MCR-red2 statesFelix Mahlert
Max Planck Institut fur terrestrische Mikrobiologie, Karl von Frisch Strasse, D 35043 Marburg, Germany
J Biol Inorg Chem 7:101-12. 2002..However, in the presence of coenzyme M and coenzyme B a highly rhombic EPR signal, MCR-red2, was induced, which was found to be light sensitive and appeared to be formed at the expense of the MCR-red1 signal...
- A single nucleotide polymorphism of the adenosine deaminase, RNA-specific gene is associated with the serum triglyceride level, abdominal circumference, and serum adiponectin concentrationRyosuke Oguro
Department of Geriatric Medicine and Nephrology, Osaka University Graduate School of Medicine, 2 2 Yamadaoka, Suita, Osaka 565, Japan
Exp Gerontol 47:183-7. 2012..There are possibilities that ADAR is associated with major risk factors of atherosclerotic cardiovascular diseases (CVD), such as hypertension, diabetes, dyslipidemia, and obesity...
- Glutamate drugs and pharmacogenetics of OCD: a pathway-based exploratory approachMarco A Grados
Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, 1800 Orleans St 12th floor, Baltimore, MD 21287, USA 1 443 287 2291 1 410 955 8691
Expert Opin Drug Discov 8:1515-27. 2013..Concomitantly, there is a growing use of these agents used in the treatment of obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD)...
- RNA toxicity from the ALS/FTD C9ORF72 expansion is mitigated by antisense interventionChristopher J Donnelly
Department of Neurology, Johns Hopkins University, 855 N Wolfe Street, Rangos 2 270, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA Brain Science Institute, Johns Hopkins University, 855 N Wolfe Street, Rangos 2 270, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Neuron 80:415-28. 2013..These data indicate a toxic RNA gain-of-function mechanism as a cause of C9ORF72 ALS and provide candidate antisense therapeutics and candidate human pharmacodynamic markers for therapy. ..
- Expression of chicken parvovirus VP2 in chicken embryo fibroblasts requires codon optimization for production of naked DNA and vectored meleagrid herpesvirus type 1 vaccinesStephen J Spatz
Southeast Poultry Research Laboratory, Agricultural Research Service, United States Department of Agriculture, 934 College Station Rd, Athens, GA, 30605, USA
Virus Genes 47:259-67. 2013..However, transient expression of a codon-optimized synthetic VP2 gene cloned into the bicistronic vector pIRES2-Ds-Red2, could be demonstrated by immunocytochemical staining of transfected chicken embryo fibroblasts (CEFs)...
- A unified electrocatalytic description of the action of inhibitors of nickel carbon monoxide dehydrogenaseVincent C C Wang
Inorganic Chemistry Laboratory, Department of Chemistry, University of Oxford, South Park Road, Oxford OX1 3QR, UK
J Am Chem Soc 135:2198-206. 2013..how these inhibitors target particular oxidation levels of Ni-CODH relating to intermediates (C(ox), C(red1), and C(red2)) that have been established for the active site...
- Discovery and Replication of Gene Influences on Brain Structure Using LASSO RegressionOmid Kohannim
Imaging Genetics Center at the Laboratory of Neuro Imaging, Department of Neurology, UCLA School of Medicine Los Angeles, CA, USA
Front Neurosci 6:115. 2012..8 ± 2.2 SD years). Our approach powerfully complements univariate techniques in detecting influences of genes on the living brain...
- Profound downregulation of the RNA editing enzyme ADAR2 in ALS spinal motor neuronsTakuto Hideyama
CREST, Japan Science and Technology Agency, University of Tokyo, 7 3 1 Hongo, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 8655, Japan
Neurobiol Dis 45:1121-8. 2012..In addition, we analyzed the enzymatic activity of three members of the ADAR family (ADAR1, ADAR2 and ADAR3) in ALS motor neurons expressing unedited GluA2 mRNA and those expressing only edited GluA2 mRNA...
- A genome-wide analysis of 'Bounty' descendants implicates several novel variants in migraine susceptibilityHannah C Cox
Genomics Research Centre, Griffith Health Institute, Griffith University, Queensland 4222, Australia
Neurogenetics 13:261-6. 2012..Association of SNPs within these neurotransmitter-related genes suggests a disrupted serotoninergic system that is perhaps specific to the Norfolk Island pedigree, but that might provide clues to understanding migraine more generally...
- Radiation pharmacogenomics: a genome-wide association approach to identify radiation response biomarkers using human lymphoblastoid cell linesNifang Niu
Department of Molecular Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
Genome Res 20:1482-92. 2010..Studies performed with LCLs can help to identify novel biomarkers that might contribute to variation in response to radiation therapy and enhance our understanding of mechanisms underlying that variation...
- Origins and evolution of ADAR-mediated RNA editingYongfeng Jin
Institute of Biochemistry, College of Life Sciences, Zhejiang University Zijingang Campus, Hangzhou, Zhejiang, People s Republic of China
IUBMB Life 61:572-8. 2009..ADAR1 and ADAR2 arose by gene duplications in early metazoan evolution, approximately 700 million years ago, while ADAR3 and TENR might originate after Urochordata-Vertebrata divergence...
- Identification of a selective nuclear import signal in adenosine deaminases acting on RNAStefan Maas
Department of Biological Sciences, Lehigh University, Bethlehem, PA, USA
Nucleic Acids Res 37:5822-9. 2009..We identify an in vivo ADAR3 interaction partner, importin alpha 1 (KPNA2) that specifically recognizes an arginine-rich ADAR3 sequence motif ..
- RNA interference of timeless gene does not disrupt circadian locomotor rhythms in the cricket Gryllus bimaculatusYoshiki Danbara
Graduate School of Natural Science and Technology, Okayama University, Okayama 700 8530, Japan
J Insect Physiol 56:1738-45. 2010..b>red2 (dsred2) dsrna...
- RNA editing genes associated with extreme old age in humans and with lifespan in C. elegansPaola Sebastiani
Department of Biostatistics, Boston University School of Public Health, Boston, Massachusetts, United States of America
PLoS ONE 4:e8210. 2009..The majority of genes found thus far to be associated with longevity primarily function in lipoprotein metabolism and insulin/IGF-1 signaling. There are likely many more genetic modifiers of human longevity that remain to be discovered...
- Binding of coenzyme B induces a major conformational change in the active site of methyl-coenzyme M reductaseSieglinde Ebner
Laboratory of Organic Chemistry, ETH Zurich, 8093 Zurich, Switzerland
J Am Chem Soc 132:567-75. 2010..Here we show that the two MCR(red2) signals can also be induced by the S-methyl- and the S-trifluoromethyl analogs of coenzyme B...
- SARS coronavirus protein 7a interacts with human Ap4A-hydrolaseNatalia Vasilenko
Vaccine and Infectious Disease Organization VIDO, University of Saskatchewan, 120 Veterinary Road, Saskatoon, SK S7N5E3, Canada
Virol J 7:31. 2010..Human tissue culture cells transiently expressing 7a and Ap4A-hydrolase tagged with EGFP and Ds-Red2 respectively show these proteins co-localize in the cytoplasm.
- [Establishment and characterization of a human gallbladder carcinoma cell line EH-GB1 originated from a metastatic tumor]Lin Fang Li
Eastern Hepatobiliary Surgery Hospital, Second Military Medical University, Shanghai, China
Zhonghua Zhong Liu Za Zhi 32:84-7. 2010..To establish a human gallbladder carcinoma cell line derived from a metastatic gallbladder carcinoma and identify its biological characteristics...
- A third member of the RNA-specific adenosine deaminase gene family, ADAR3, contains both single- and double-stranded RNA binding domainsC X Chen
The Wistar Institute, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
RNA 6:755-67. 2000..As originally reported for rat ADAR3 or RED2, purified ADAR3 proteins could not edit GluR-B RNA at the "Q/R" site, the "R/G" site, and the intronic "..
- Key pathways are frequently mutated in high-risk childhood acute lymphoblastic leukemia: a report from the Children's Oncology GroupJinghui Zhang
St Jude Children s Research Hospital, Memphis, TN, USA
Blood 118:3080-7. 2011..These data extend the range of genes that are recurrently mutated in high-risk childhood B-precursor acute lymphoblastic leukemia and highlight important new therapeutic targets for selected patient subsets...
- Carbon monoxide dehydrogenase reaction mechanism: a likely case of abnormal CO2 insertion to a Ni-H(-) bondPatricia Amara
Laboratoire de Cristallographie et de Cristallogenèse des Protéines, Institut de Biologie Structurale J P Ebel CEA, CNRS, Université Joseph Fourier 41, rue Jules Horowitz, 38027 Grenoble, France
Inorg Chem 50:1868-78. 2011..the spectroscopically well-characterized catalytic intermediates, C(red1) and the two-electron more-reduced C(red2)...
- Adenosine deaminases acting on RNA (ADARs) are both antiviral and proviralCharles E Samuel
Department of Molecular, Cellular and Developmental Biology, University of California, Santa Barbara, CA 93106, USA
Virology 411:180-93. 2011..b>ADAR3, by contrast, has not yet been shown to be an active enzyme...
- Genome-wide association study identifies BICD1 as a susceptibility gene for emphysemaXiangyang Kong
Research and Development, GlaxoSmithKline, 709 Swedeland Road, UW2230, King of Prussia, PA 19406, USA
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 183:43-9. 2011..Pulmonary emphysema is a major but variable component of COPD; familial data suggest that different components of COPD, such as emphysema, may be influenced by specific genetic factors...
- Expression of E-SOD, GPX5 mRNAs and immunoexpression of Cu/ZnSOD in epididymal epithelial cells of finasteride-treated ratsA Kolasa
Department of Histology and Embryology, Pomeranian Medical University, Szczecin, Poland
Andrologia 40:303-11. 2008..The 5alpha-reductase is known to exist in two isoforms. Both 5alpha-red1 and 5alpha-red2 catalyse the irreversible conversion of T into DHT...
- A nickel hydride complex in the active site of methyl-coenzyme m reductase: implications for the catalytic cycleJeffrey Harmer
Centre for Advanced Electron Spin Resonance, Department of Chemistry, University of Oxford, South Parks Road, OX1 3QR, Oxford, United Kingdom
J Am Chem Soc 130:10907-20. 2008..We report here on the coordinated ligands of the two paramagnetic MCR red2 states, induced when HS-CoM (a reversible competitive inhibitor) and the second substrate HS-CoB or its analogue ..
- Requirement of dimerization for RNA editing activity of adenosine deaminases acting on RNADan Sung C Cho
Wistar Institute, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
J Biol Chem 278:17093-102. 2003..Three vertebrate ADAR gene family members, ADAR1, ADAR2, and ADAR3, have been identified...
- Comodulation of CXCR4 and CD26 in human lymphocytesC Herrera
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Faculty of Chemistry, University of Barcelona, Marti i Franques 1, 08028 Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain
J Biol Chem 276:19532-9. 2001..The physical association of CXCR4 and CD26, direct or part of a supramolecular structure, suggests a role on the function of the immune system and the pathophysiology of HIV infection...
- The HIV-1 gp120 inhibits the binding of adenosine deaminase to CD26 by a mechanism modulated by CD4 and CXCR4 expressionJ Blanco
Unité de Virologie et dImmunologie Cellulaire, ERS 572 CNRS, Institut Pasteur, 28 rue Dr Roux, 75724 Paris Cedex 15, France
FEBS Lett 477:123-8. 2000..These data suggest that the interaction of gp120 with CD4 or CXCR4 is required for efficient inhibition of ADA binding to CD26, although in the presence of CXCR4 the interaction of gp120 with CD4 may be dispensable...
- Comparative analysis of the RED1 and RED2 A-to-I RNA editing genes from mammals, pufferfish and zebrafishD Slavov
Eleanor Roosevelt Institute, Denver, CO 80206 1210, USA
Gene 250:41-51. 2000..In mammals, two such A-to-I RNA editases are RED1, which edits some serotonin and glutamate receptors, and RED2, with unidentified substrates...
- Evidence for a proposed intermediate redox state in the CO/CO(2) active site of acetyl-CoA synthase (Carbon monoxide dehydrogenase) from Clostridium thermoaceticumD M Fraser
Departments of Chemistry and of Biochemistry and Biophysics, Texas A and M University, College Station, Texas 77842, USA
Biochemistry 38:15706-11. 1999..Subsequent treatment with CO or dithionite yielded C(red2). The EPR-silent state formed within 1 min of adding Ti(3+) citrate, while C(red2) formed after 60 min...
- Reduced editing of low-affinity kainate receptor subunits in optic nerve glial cellsM P de Zulueta
Departamento de Neurociencias, Facultad de Medicina y Odontologia, Universidad del Pais Vasco, Leioa 48940, Biscay, Spain
Brain Res Mol Brain Res 73:104-9. 1999..In addition, we found that the adenosine deaminases, DRADA, RED1 and RED2, which edit ionotropic glutamate receptors in the brain, are expressed in the adult optic nerve and in ..
- Candidate editases for GluR channels in single neurons of rat hippocampus and cerebellumG Kohr
Max Planck Institute for Medical Research, Molecular Neurobiology, Heidelberg, Germany
Neuropharmacology 37:1411-7. 1998..The recently cloned RNA dependent adenosine deaminases ADAR1, ADAR2 and ADAR3 form a small family of sequence-related candidate editases which are expressed in brain and other tissues at ..
- HIV-1 envelope gp120 and viral particles block adenosine deaminase binding to human CD26A Valenzuela
Departament de Bioquimica i Biologia Molecular, Facultad de Quimica, Universidad de Barcelona, Spain
Adv Exp Med Biol 421:185-92. 1997..Since the interaction ecto-ADA/CD26 is required for the activation of T cells, it remains possible that HIV particle-mediated blockade of ecto-ADA/CD26 interaction may have significant consequences in the pathogenesis of AIDS disease...
- Localization of a novel human RNA-editing deaminase (hRED2 or ADARB2) to chromosome 10p15L Mittaz
Department of Genetics and Microbiology, University of Geneva Medical School, Switzerland
Hum Genet 100:398-400. 1997..Here we report the mapping of the human RED2 (hRED2; ADARB2) gene...
- RED2, a brain-specific member of the RNA-specific adenosine deaminase familyT Melcher
Laboratory for Neurobiology, Max Planck Institute for Medical Research, Jahnstrasse 12, 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
J Biol Chem 271:31795-8. 1996..We now report the molecular cloning of cDNA for RED2 (alias ADARB2), a third member of the RNA-specific adenosine deaminase family in the rodent...
- Low editing efficiency of GluR2 mRNA is associated with a low relative abundance of ADAR2 mRNA in white matter of normal human brainYukio Kawahara
Department of Neurology, Graduate School of Medicine, University of Tokyo, 7 3 1 Hongo, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 8655, Japan
Eur J Neurosci 18:23-33. 2003..the first quantitative measurements of both mRNAs of the GluR subunits and mRNAs of the RNA editing enzymes ADAR1-ADAR3 in a comparison of the efficiency of editing at the Q/R site with the expression levels of ADAR mRNA in human ..
- Preferential accumulation of GABAA receptor gamma 2L, not gamma 2S, cytoplasmic loops at rat spinal cord inhibitory synapsesJochen Meier
Developmental Physiology, Johannes Müller Institute, Humboldt University Medical School Charité, Tucholskystrasse 2, D 10117 Berlin, Germany
J Physiol 559:355-65. 2004..Furthermore, upon PKC activation Discosoma Red2-tagged GABAAR gamma2L (DsRed 2::gamma2L) colocalized with gephyrin in transfected COS-7 cells...
- Down-regulation of RNA editing in pediatric astrocytomas: ADAR2 editing activity inhibits cell migration and proliferationCaterina Cenci
RNA editing Laboratory, Ospedale Pediatrico Bambino Gesu Research Institute, Piazza S Onofrio 4, 00165 Rome, Italy
J Biol Chem 283:7251-60. 2008..However, high expression levels of ADAR1 and ADAR3 were found in tumors when compared with normal tissues dissected in the same area of the brain...
- Altered adenosine-to-inosine RNA editing in human cancerNurit Paz
Cancer Research Center, Chaim Sheba Medical Center, Tel Hashomer 52621, Israel
Genome Res 17:1586-95. 2007..Altered epigenetic control was recently shown to play a central role in oncogenesis. We suggest that A-to-I RNA editing may serve as an additional epigenetic mechanism relevant to cancer development and progression...
- Two sub-states of the red2 state of methyl-coenzyme M reductase revealed by high-field EPR spectroscopyDenise I Kern
Laboratorium fur Physikalische Chemie, ETH Zurich, Wolfgang Pauli Strasse 10, Zurich, Switzerland
J Biol Inorg Chem 12:1097-105. 2007..Addition of coenzyme B to the MCR-red1 state can partially and reversibly convert it into the MCR-red2 form, which shows a rhombic Ni(I)-based EPR signal (at X-band microwave frequencies of approximately 9.4 GHz)...
- Editing of AMPA and serotonin 2C receptors in individual central neurons, controlling wakefulnessOlga A Sergeeva
Department of Neurophysiology, Heinrich Heine Universitat, POB 101007, 40001 Dusseldorf, Germany
Cell Mol Neurobiol 27:669-80. 2007..maximal editing was found in neurons expressing both ADAR2 splice variants of the deaminase domain and lacking ADAR3. (4) Editing of the 5-HT2cR did not correlate with ADAR expression...
- Evidence for a susceptibility locus on chromosome 10p15 in early-onset obsessive-compulsive disorderGregory L Hanna
Department of Psychiatry, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48105, USA
Biol Psychiatry 62:856-62. 2007..The goal of this study was to identify chromosomal regions likely to contain susceptibility loci for obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD)...
- Targeting of products of genes to tumor sites using adoptively transferred A-NK and T-LAK cellsS Goding
Department of Immunology, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Cancer Gene Ther 14:441-50. 2007..consistently resulted in high (>60%) transduction rates and substantial expression of transgenes such as GFP, Red2, luciferase, beta-galactosidase and mIL-12 for at least 4 days...
- Identification of novel genomic markers related to progression to glioblastoma through genomic profiling of 25 primary glioma cell linesG Roversi
Department of Biology and Genetics, University of Milan, Milan, Italy
Oncogene 25:1571-83. 2006....
- ADAR1 RNA deaminase limits short interfering RNA efficacy in mammalian cellsWeidong Yang
The Wistar Institute, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
J Biol Chem 280:3946-53. 2005..Here we show that ADAR1 and ADAR2, but not ADAR3, avidly bind short interfering RNA (siRNA) without RNA editing...
- Light-response quantitative trait loci identified with composite interval and eXtreme array mapping in Arabidopsis thalianaDavid J Wolyn
Department of Plant Agriculture, University of Guelph, Ontario N1G 2W1, Canada
Genetics 167:907-17. 2004..The RED2 and RED5 QTL were verified in segregating lines...
- LINKAGE & ASSOCIATION IN OBSESSIVE-COMPULSIVE DISORDERMarco Grados; Fiscal Year: 2006..Based on results from initial analyses and developing collaborations with other research groups future research projects, such as a genome-wide screen of OCD, are considered. ..
- Genetic Dissection of Sickle Cell Anemia PhenotypesPaola Sebastiani; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- A novel approach for gene therapyStefan Maas; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- MECHANISM OF INTERFERON ACTIONCHARLES SAMUEL; Fiscal Year: 2009..Furthermore, elucidation of the actions of IFN at the molecular level is of importance in view of potential applications of interferon in the clinic. ..
- MOLECULAR GENETICS OF OBSESSIVE COMPULSIVE DISORDERGREGORY HANNA; Fiscal Year: 2001..Parametric and nonparametric linkage analyses will be performed. Once evidence for linkage between early-onset OCD and a genetic marker is found, more precise gene localization will be pursued. ..
- Regulatory mechanisms for A-to-I RNA editingStefan Maas; Fiscal Year: 2008..The research activities will involve extensive participation of graduate and undergraduate students in the laboratory. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..