Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: HPSE2
Description: heparanase 2 (inactive)
Alias: HPA2, HPR2, UFS, UFS1, inactive heparanase-2, heparanase 3, heparanase-like protein
- Homozygosity and linkage-disequilibrium mapping of the urofacial (Ochoa) syndrome gene to a 1-cM interval on chromosome 10q23-q24C Y Wang
Department of Pathology, Immunology and Laboratory Medicine, College of Medicine, University of Florida, Gainesville 32610 0275, USA
Am J Hum Genet 60:1461-7. 1997The urofacial (Ochoa) syndrome (UFS) is a rare autosomal recessive disease characterized by congenital obstructive uropathy and abnormal facial expression...
- Heparanase-2, syndecan-1, and extracellular matrix remodeling in colorectal carcinomaThais Peretti
Department of Internal Medicine, Universidade Federal de Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol 20:756-65. 2008To propose a quantitative method to detect heparanase-2 (HPA2) and syndecan-1 (Syn-1) using immunohistochemistry in colorectal (colon and rectal) carcinomas compared with nonneoplastic tissues and evaluate the possible role of these ..
- A. baumannii histone acetyl transferase Hpa2: optimization of homology modeling, analysis of protein-protein interaction and virtual screeningJyoti Singh Tomar
a Department of Chemistry, Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee, Roorkee 247667, Uttarakhand, India
J Biomol Struct Dyn . 2016..For this purpose, we have identified a novel target Hpa2 of A. baumannii, a member of GNAT superfamily of HATs...
- A genome-wide meta-analysis of six type 1 diabetes cohorts identifies multiple associated lociJonathan P Bradfield
The Center for Applied Genomics, The Children s Hospital Philadelphia, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States of America
PLoS Genet 7:e1002293. 2011..These latest associated regions add to the growing repertoire of gene networks predisposing to T1D...
- Genetics of human congenital urinary bladder diseaseAdrian S Woolf
Centre for Paediatrics Child Health, University of Manchester, Michael Smith Building, Oxford Road, Manchester, M13 9PT, UK
Pediatr Nephrol 29:353-60. 2014..Second, the urofacial syndrome, where mutations of LRIG2 and HPSE2, encoding proteins localised in nerves invading the fetal bladder, have been defined...
- Rank-based genome-wide analysis reveals the association of ryanodine receptor-2 gene variants with childhood asthma among human populationsLili Ding
Department of Pediatrics, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, OH 45229, USA
Hum Genomics 7:16. 2013..We performed genome-wide association studies on 859,790 SNPs genotyped in 527 affected offspring trios of European, African, and Hispanic ancestry using publically available asthma database in the Genotypes and Phenotypes database...
- Urofacial syndrome: a genetic and congenital disease of aberrant urinary bladder innervationAdrian S Woolf
Institute of Human Development, Faculty of Medical and Human Sciences, Manchester Academic Health Science Centre, University of Manchester, Michael Smith Building, Oxford Road, Manchester, M13 9PT, UK
Pediatr Nephrol 29:513-8. 2014..with urofacial syndrome genetically studied to date carry biallelic, postulated functionally null mutations of HPSE2 or, less commonly, of LRIG2...
- High expression of heparanase-2 is an independent prognostic parameter for favorable survival in gastric cancer patientsXiaogang Zhang
Institute for the Study of Liver Diseases, The Third Hospital of Changzhou, Changzhou 213000, China Electronic address
Cancer Epidemiol 37:1010-3. 2013..Heparanase-2 expression has been suggested to up-regulate in several types of human cancers. However, the expression patterns of heparanase-2 in gastric cancer and its effect on prognosis of gastric cancer patients are unclear...
- Clinical and genetic characteristics for the Urofacial Syndrome (UFS)Yaqin Tu
The Center for Biomedical Research, Tongji Hospital, Tongji Medical College, Huazhong University of Science and Technology 1095 Jiefang Ave, Wuhan 430030, China
Int J Clin Exp Pathol 7:1842-8. 2014..Some patients are also noted with nocturnal lagophthalmos. Until 2010, HPSE2, the gene encodes Heparanse 2 on chromosome 10, was thought to be the only culprit gene for this syndrome...
- Urinary tract effects of HPSE2 mutationsHelen M Stuart
Institute of Human Development, Faculty of Medical and Human Sciences, University of Manchester, Manchester Academic Health Science Centre and the Royal Manchester Children s and St Mary s Hospitals, Manchester, United Kingdom
J Am Soc Nephrol 26:797-804. 2015..Mutations of HPSE2, encoding heparanase 2, a heparanase 1 inhibitor, occur in UFS, but knowledge about the HPSE2 mutation spectrum is ..
- Evidence for a genetic basis of urogenital carcinoma in the wild California sea lionHelen M Browning
Sea Mammal Research Unit, Scottish Oceans Institute, University of St Andrews, Fife, UK
Proc Biol Sci 281:20140240. 2014..Pv11 was mapped to intron 9 of the heparanase 2 gene (HPSE2) locus, a very large gene encoding heparanase 2, which in humans is associated with multiple carcinomas...
- Immunohistochemical expression of heparanases 1 and 2 in benign tissue and in invasive neoplasia of the endometrium: a case-control studyRoney Cesar Signorini Filho
Departments of Gynecology and Pathology, Universidade Federal de Sao Paulo, São Paulo and Department of Biochemistry, Faculdade de Medicina do ABC, Santo Andre, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Int J Gynecol Cancer 25:269-78. 2015..In a pioneering way, we sought to evaluate the expression of heparanase 1 (HPSE1) and heparanase 2 (HPSE2) in glandular and in stromal tissues.
- A mouse model of urofacial syndrome with dysfunctional urinationChunming Guo
Departments of Urology and Pathology, Boston Children s Hospital, 300 Longwood Avenue, Boston, MA 02115, USA, Department of Surgery, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
Hum Mol Genet 24:1991-9. 2015..Biallelic mutations of HPSE2 are discovered from UFS patients, suggesting that HPSE2 is a candidate disease gene...
- Mating type-dependent partner sensing as mediated by VEL1 in Trichoderma reeseiHoda Bazafkan
Department Health and Environment, AIT Austrian Institute of Technology GmbH, BioResources, Konrad Lorenz Strasse 24, Tulln, 3430, Austria
Mol Microbiol 96:1103-18. 2015..VEL1 impacted regulation of the pheromone system (hpr1, hpr2, hpp1, ppg1) in a mating type-dependent manner and depending on the mating partner of a given strain...
- Gene expression profiling leads to discovery of correlation of matrix metalloproteinase 11 and heparanase 2 in breast cancer progressionJunjie Fu
Department of Medicinal Chemistry, College of Pharmacy, University of Florida, 1600 SW Archer Rd, Health Science Center P5 31, Gainesville, FL, 32610, USA
BMC Cancer 15:473. 2015..In order to identify biomarkers involved in breast cancer, gene expression profiling was conducted using human breast cancer tissues...
- Anti-Plasmodium falciparum activity of quinoline-sulfonamide hybridsLuiz C S Pinheiro
Departamento de Síntese de Fármacos, Instituto de Tecnologia em Fármacos, Farmanguinhos Fiocruz, Rua Sizenando Nabuco 100, Manguinhos, Rio de Janeiro, RJ 21041 250, Brazil
Bioorg Med Chem 23:5979-84. 2015..05 to 1.63 μM, in the anti-HPR2 assay against clone W2-chloroquine-resistant; ten of them showed an IC50 (ranging from 0.05 to 0...
- The Profile of Heparanase Expression Distinguishes Differentiated Thyroid Carcinoma from Benign NeoplasmsLeandro Luongo Matos
Biochemistry Department, Faculdade de Medicina do ABC, Santo Andre, Brazil Head and Neck Surgery Department, Faculdade de Medicina do ABC, Santo Andre, Brazil Biochemistry Department, Universidade Federal de Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
PLoS ONE 10:e0141139. 2015..Heparanase (HPSE) is an endo-beta-glucoronidase implicated in the process of tumor invasion, and the heparanase-2 (HPSE2) modulates HPSE activity...
- Heparanase 2 expression inversely correlates with bladder carcinoma grade and stageMiriam Gross-Cohen
Cancer and Vascular Biology Research Center, Rappaport Faculty of Medicine, Technion, Haifa, Israel
Oncotarget 7:22556-65. 2016While the pro-tumorigenic function of heparanase is well taken, the role of its close homolog, heparanase 2 (Hpa2) in cancer is by far less investigated...
- Immunohistochemical expression of heparanase isoforms and syndecan-1 proteins in colorectal adenomasJ Waisberg
ABC Medical School
Eur J Histochem 60:2590. 2016..Primary anti-human polyclonal anti-HPSE and anti-HPSE2 antibodies and primary anti-human monoclonal anti-SDC1 antibody were used in the immunohistochemical study...
- Heparanase 2 Attenuates Head and Neck Tumor Vascularity and GrowthMiriam Gross-Cohen
Cancer and Vascular Biology Research Center, The Bruce Rappaport Faculty of Medicine, Technion Israel Institute of Technology, Haifa, Israel
Cancer Res 76:2791-801. 2016..Heparanase-2 (Hpa2) is a close homolog of heparanase that lacks intrinsic HS-degrading activity but retains the capacity to bind HS ..
- Gene frequency of human platelet alloantigens-1 to -6 and -15 in Saudi blood donorsS K Al-Ouda
Department of Clinical Laboratory Sciences, College of Applied Medical Sciences, King Saud University, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Transfus Med 26:220-4. 2016..Typing of HPA (1-6 and 15) has not been carried on the Saudi population. This is the first study of all the seven HPA systems on Arabs. The aim of this prospective study was to determine the frequency of HPA (1-6 and 15) in Saudis...
- A molecular epidemiology study based on VP2 gene sequences reveals that a new genotype of infectious bursal disease virus is dominantly prevalent in ItalyCaterina Lupini
a Department of Veterinary Medical Sciences, University of Bologna, Ozzano dell Emilia BO, Italy
Avian Pathol 45:458-64. 2016..Four very virulent strains (DV86) and one classical strain (HPR2), together with eight vaccine strains, were also detected...
- Increased heparanase expression is caused by promoter hypomethylation and up-regulation of transcriptional factor early growth response-1 in human prostate cancerTatsuya Ogishima
Department of Urology, University of California San Francisco and Veterans Affairs Medical Center, 4150 Clement Street, San Francisco, CA 94121, USA
Clin Cancer Res 11:1028-36. 2005..We hypothesize that CpG hypomethylation in the heparanase promoter coupled with up-regulation of EGR1 levels may induce heparanase expression in human prostate cancer...
- Expression of heparanase isoforms in intervertebral discs classified according to Pfirrmann grading system for disc degenerationLuciano Miller Reis Rodrigues
Orthopedic Department, Faculdade de Medicina do ABC, Santo Andre, Brazil
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 38:1112-8. 2013..This is a quantitative study of heparanase isoforms expression in degenerative and nondegenerative intervertebral discs (IVDs)...
- LRIG2 mutations cause urofacial syndromeHelen M Stuart
Centre for Genetic Medicine, Institute of Human Development, Faculty of Medical and Human Sciences, University of Manchester and St Mary s Hospital, Manchester Academic Health Science Centre, Manchester, UK
Am J Hum Genet 92:259-64. 2013..We have previously shown that UFS is also caused by mutations in HPSE2, encoding heparanase-2...
- Molecular characterization, expression profiles, and association analysis with hematologic parameters of the porcine HPSE and HPSE2 genesCong Tao
Laboratory of Molecular Biology and Animal Breeding, Key Laboratory of Agricultural Animal Genetics, Breeding and Reproduction of Ministry of Education, Huazhong Agricultural University, Wuhan, 430070, China
J Appl Genet 54:71-8. 2013..b>HPSE2 (heparanase 2) is a homologous gene of HPSE...
- The role of pheromone receptors for communication and mating in Hypocrea jecorina (Trichoderma reesei)Christian Seibel
Research Area Gene Technology and Applied Biochemistry, Institute of Chemical Engineering, Vienna University of Technology, 1060 Vienna, Austria
Fungal Genet Biol 49:814-24. 2012..Here we investigated the role of the two pheromone receptors HPR1 and HPR2 in the H. jecorina pheromone-system...
- The immunoexpression of heparanase 2 in normal epithelium, intraepithelial, and invasive squamous neoplasia of the cervixRenato Moretti Marques
Department of Gynecology, Division of Oncological Gynecology, Federal University of Sao Paulo Paulista School of Medicine, Sao Paulo, Brazil
J Low Genit Tract Dis 16:256-62. 2012Heparanase 2 (HPSE2) is expressed in various tissues, including the brain, intestine, prostate, breast, and endometrium...
- Biochemical characterization of Hpa2 and Hpa3, two small closely related acetyltransferases from Saccharomyces cerevisiaeVinaya Sampath
Department of Biochemistry and Cell Biology, Stony Brook University, Stony Brook, New York 11794, USA
J Biol Chem 288:21506-13. 2013Based on their sequences, the Saccharomyces cerevisiae Hpa2 and Hpa3 proteins are annotated as two closely related members of the Gcn5 acetyltransferase family...
- Elucidation of the hrp clusters of Xanthomonas oryzae pv. oryzicola that control the hypersensitive response in nonhost tobacco and pathogenicity in susceptible host riceLi Fang Zou
Key Laboratory of Monitoring and Management for Plant Diseases and Insects, Ministry of Agriculture, Department of Plant Pathology, Nanjing Agricultural University, Nanjing 210095, China
Appl Environ Microbiol 72:6212-24. 2006..While the region from hpa2 to hpaB and the hrpF operon resembled the corresponding genes of other xanthomonads, the hpaB-hrpF region ..
- Gene polymorphism of platelet glycoprotein I balpha in Chinese patients with large- and small-artery subtypes of ischemic strokeXu guang Gao
Department of Neurology, Peking University People s Hospital, Beijing, China
Eur Neurol 54:73-7. 2005..study was to investigate the association between gene polymorphism of GP I balpha (human platelet antigen 2, HPA2) and ischemic stroke in a matched case-control study...
- Immunopathogenesis of dengue hemorrhagic fever and shock syndrome: role of TAP and HPA gene polymorphismR Soundravally
Department of Molecular Biology and Bioinformatics, Vector Control Research Centre, Pondicherry, India
Hum Immunol 68:973-9. 2007..the TAP1 gene (using amplification refraction mutation system [ARMS] polymerase chain reaction [PCR]) and HPA1 and HPA2 gene polymorphism (by PCR-sequence specific primers) in different clinical spectrums of dengue infection...
- Heparanase induces a differential loss of heparan sulphate domains in overt diabetic nephropathyT J M Wijnhoven
Department of Matrix Biochemistry, Nijmegen Centre for Molecular Life Sciences, Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Centre, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Diabetologia 51:372-82. 2008..Our present study addresses whether heparan sulphate with different modifications is differentially reduced in the GBM and whether heparanase selectively cleaves heparan sulphate with different domain specificities...
- Decidual heparanase activity is increased during pregnancy in the baboon (Papio anubis) and in in vitro decidualization of human stromal cellsSonia S D'Souza
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, University of Delaware, Newark, Delaware 19716, USA
Biol Reprod 78:316-23. 2008..A slight increase in HPSE expression was observed in human stromal fibroblasts decidualized in vitro. HPSE and HPSE2 mRNA transcripts were present in both decidualized tissue and cells...
- Basic transcription factor 3 (BTF3) regulates transcription of tumor-associated genes in pancreatic cancer cellsGrace Kusumawidjaja
Department of General Surgery, University of Heidelberg, Heidelberg, Germany
Cancer Biol Ther 6:367-76. 2007..In contrast, BTF3 silencing resulted in down-regulation of several cancer-associated genes, including EPHB2, ABL2, HPSE2 and ATM, and up-regulation of KRAG, RRAS2, NFkappa-B, MRVI1, MADCAM1 and others...
- Heparanase expression in nasopharyngeal carcinoma inversely correlates with patient survivalG Bar-Sela
Department of Oncology, Rambam Medical Centre, Bruce Rappaport Faculty of Medicine, Technion Israel Institute of Technology, Haifa
Histopathology 49:188-93. 2006..To determine the expression and prognostic significance of heparanase in nasopharyngeal carcinoma (NPC)...
- Genome-wide relationships between TAF1 and histone acetyltransferases in Saccharomyces cerevisiaeMelissa Durant
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, The Pennsylvania State University, University Park, Pennsylvania 16802, USA
Mol Cell Biol 26:2791-802. 2006..cerevisiae, nor do we find that TAF1 is functionally redundant with other HATs, including Gcn5, Elp3, Hat1, Hpa2, Sas3, and Esa1, which is in contrast to previous conclusions regarding Gcn5...
- Genetic control of intrachromosomal recombination in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. I. Isolation and genetic characterization of hyper-recombination mutationsA Aguilera
Department of Biochemistry, New York University, New York 10016
Genetics 119:779-90. 1988..some increase loss of a marker between duplicated genes (hpr1 and hpr6), and some increase both types of events (hpr2, hpr3 and hpr7). New alleles of the CDC2 and CDC17 genes were recovered among these mutants...
- Heparanase expression at the invasion front of human head and neck cancers and correlation with poor prognosisPhilipp Beckhove
Tumor Immunology Program, German Cancer Research Center, University of Heidelberg, Heidelberg, Germany
Clin Cancer Res 11:2899-906. 2005..We analyzed the presence of heparanase in HNSCC tissues and tumor cells and its potential prognostic significance...
- Positive association of heparanase expression with tumor invasion and lymphatic metastasis in gastric carcinomaZhenning Wang
The Research Center for Medical Genomics and MOH Key Laboratory of Cell Biology, Shenyang, PR China
Mod Pathol 18:205-11. 2005..In conclusion, laser capture microdissection coupled with RT-PCR is a reliable approach for molecular analysis of heparanase expression in gastric carcinoma. Heparanase may facilitate invasion and metastasis of gastric carcinoma cells...
- A bacterial acetyltransferase capable of regioselective N-acetylation of antibiotics and histonesMatthew W Vetting
Department of Biochemistry, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, 1300 Morris Park Avenue, Bronx, NY 10461 USA
Chem Biol 11:565-73. 2004..The AAC(6')-Iy dimer is most structurally similar to the Saccharomyces cerevisiae Hpa2-encoded histone acetyltransferase...
- Genetic system constructed to overproduce and secrete proinsulin in Bacillus subtilisJ Olmos-Soto
Biotecnología Marina, P O Box 434844, San Diego, CA 92143 4844, USA
Appl Microbiol Biotechnol 62:369-73. 2003..A six-protease-deficient strain of B. subtilis with the hpr2 and degU32 mutations was constructed for overproduction of the recombinant protein...
- Cloning and expression profiling of Hpa2, a novel mammalian heparanase family memberE McKenzie
Oxford GlycoSciences, 10 The Quadrant, Abingdon Science Park, Abingdon, Oxon, OX14 3YS, United Kingdom
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 276:1170-7. 2000..Here we report the cloning of a cDNA encoding a novel human protein, HPA2, with significant homology to Hpa1...
- Acetylation of histones and transcription-related factorsD E Sterner
The Wistar Institute, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
Microbiol Mol Biol Rev 64:435-59. 2000..yeast to humans, and they include Gcn5-related N-acetyltransferase (GNAT) superfamily members Gcn5, PCAF, Elp3, Hpa2, and Hat1: MYST proteins Sas2, Sas3, Esa1, MOF, Tip60, MOZ, MORF, and HBO1; global coactivators p300 and CREB-..
- Identification of two novel hrp-associated genes in the hrp gene cluster of Xanthomonas oryzae pv. oryzaeW Zhu
Department of Plant Pathology, Kansas State University, Manhattan, KS 66506, USA
J Bacteriol 182:1844-53. 2000..vesicatoria and Ralstonia solanacearum. Two new hrp-associated loci, named hpa1 and hpa2, were located beyond the hrpA operon...
- Crystal structure of the histone acetyltransferase Hpa2: A tetrameric member of the Gcn5-related N-acetyltransferase superfamilyM L Angus-Hill
Department of Biochemistry, University of Utah School of Medicine, Salt Lake City, UT 84132, USA
J Mol Biol 294:1311-25. 1999We report the crystal structure of the yeast protein Hpa2 in complex with acetyl coenzyme A (AcCoA) at 2.4 A resolution and without cofactor at 2.9 A resolution...
- Construction of a physical and transcript map for a 1-Mb genomic region containing the urofacial (Ochoa) syndrome gene on 10q23-q24 and localization of the disease gene within two overlapping BAC clones (<360 kb)C Y Wang
Immunology and Laboratory Medicine, University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida, 32610, USA
Genomics 60:12-9. 1999..Previously, we mapped the UFS gene to chromosome 10q23-q24 and narrowed the interval to one YAC clone of 1410 kb...
- Genetic homogeneity, high-resolution mapping, and mutation analysis of the urofacial (Ochoa) syndrome and exclusion of the glutamate oxaloacetate transaminase gene (GOT1) in the critical region as the disease geneC Y Wang
Department of Pathology, Immunology and Laboratory Medicine, Center for Mammalian Genetics, College of Medicine, University of Florida, Gainesville 32610, USA
Am J Med Genet 84:454-9. 1999The urofacial (Ochoa) syndrome (UFS) is a rare autosomal recessive disorder characterized by abnormal facial expression and urinary abnormalities...
- Heparanase-2 and syndecan-1 in colon cancer: the ugly ducklings or the beautiful swans?Ricardo José Giordano
Department of Genitourinary Medical Oncology, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol 20:716-8. 2008..issue of the European Journal of Gastroenterology & Hepatology reports the expression of syndecan-1 (Syn-1) and HPA2 in human colorectal cancer samples...
- Mutations in HPSE2 cause urofacial syndromeSarah B Daly
Genetic Medicine, St Mary s Hospital, Manchester Academic Health Sciences Centre MAHSC, School of Biomedicine, University of Manchester, Manchester M13 9WL, UK
Am J Hum Genet 86:963-9. 2010..an autozygous region of 16 Mb on chromosome 10q23-q24, within which a 10 kb deletion encompassing exons 8 and 9 of HPSE2 was identified...
- A cytosolic pathway for the conversion of hydroxypyruvate to glycerate during photorespiration in ArabidopsisStefan Timm
University of Rostock, Bioscience Institute, Plant Physiology Department, D 18051 Rostock, Germany
Plant Cell 20:2848-59. 2008..We have identified a second hydroxypyruvate reductase, HPR2, and present genetic and biochemical evidence that the enzyme provides a cytosolic bypass to the photorespiratory ..
- Human platelet alloantigens (HPA) 1, HPA2, HPA3, HPA4, and HPA5 polymorphisms in sickle cell anemia patients with vaso-occlusive crisisAbeer M Al-Subaie
Department of Medical Biochemistry, Arabian Gulf University, Manama, Bahrain
Eur J Haematol 83:579-85. 2009..We investigated the distribution of HPA1, HPA2, HPA3, HPA4, and HPA5 alleles genotypes among VOC and non-VOC control SCA patients.
- Genome-wide analysis of histone H3 lysine 4 trimethylation in peripheral blood mononuclear cells of minimal change nephrotic syndrome patientsLi Zhang
Second Clinical Medical College, Jinan University, Guangzhou, China
Am J Nephrol 30:505-13. 2009..This study aimed to investigate the variations in histone H3 lysine 4 trimethylation (H3K4me3) in peripheral blood mononuclear cells of patients with MCNS...
- HLA and other gene associations with dengue disease severityH A F Stephens
Centre for Nephrology and The Anthony Nolan Trust, University College London, The Royal Free Hospital Campus, Rowland Hill Street, London, NW3 2PF, UK
Curr Top Microbiol Immunol 338:99-114. 2010..such as mannose binding lectin (MBL), blood related antigens including ABO and human platelet antigens (HPA1 and HPA2)...
- [Expression of the hrcC, hrpE and hpa3 genes is not regulated by the hrpG and hrpX genes in a rice pathogen Xanthomonas oryzae pv. oryzicola]Jia Jiang
Key Laboratory of Monitoring and Management for Plant Diseases and Insects, Ministry of Agriculture, College of Plant Protection, Nanjing Agricultural University, Nanjing 210095, China
Wei Sheng Wu Xue Bao 49:1018-25. 2009..However, it is unclear whether the hrpG and hrpX genes regulate all the hrp gene expression of the cluster coordinately or not...
- Heparanase-2 expression in normal ovarian epithelium and in benign and malignant ovarian tumorsJoel Pereira de Moura
Department of Gynecology, Escola Paulista de Medicina, Federal University of Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Int J Gynecol Cancer 19:1494-500. 2009..Several papers have associated the expression of heparanase 1 with various malignant tumors. Heparanase 2 is probably related to loss of cell adhesion...
- Involvement of Heparanase in early pregnancy lossesYona Nadir
Thrombosis and Hemostasis Unit, Department of Hematology, Rambam Health Care Campus, Haifa, Israel
Thromb Res 125:e251-7. 2010..TH, 2008). Herein, we investigated the role of heparanase in the placenta, focusing on its effect on TF, TFPI, TFPI-2, and vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF)-A...
- Rescue of F508del-CFTR by RXR motif inactivation triggers proteome modulation associated with the unfolded protein responsePatrícia Gomes-Alves
Laboratório de Proteômica, Departamento de Genetica, Instituto Nacional de Saúde Dr Ricardo Jorge INSA, I P, 1649 016 Lisboa, Portugal
Biochim Biophys Acta 1804:856-65. 2010..Moreover, the F508del-CFTR-induced proteostasis imbalance, which involves some heat shock chaperones (e.g. HSP72/Hpa2), ER-EF-hand Ca(2+)-binding proteins (calumenin) and the proteasome activator PA28 (PSME2), tends to be 'restored', ..
- Cytotoxic T lymphocyte epitopes from human heparanase can elicit a potent anti-tumor immune response in miceXu Dong Tang
Institute of Gastroenterology, Southwest Hospital, Third Military Medical University, 400038, Chongqing, People s Republic of China
Cancer Immunol Immunother 59:1041-7. 2010..Because heparanase is expressed in most advanced malignant tumors, Hpa525, Hpa277, and Hpa405 peptide-based vaccines may be useful for the immunotherapy of patients with advanced tumors...
- Loss-of-function mutations in HPSE2 cause the autosomal recessive urofacial syndromeJunfeng Pang
The Center for Biotechnology and Genomic Medicine, Medical College of Georgia, 1120 15th Street, CA4098, Augusta, GA 30912, USA
Am J Hum Genet 86:957-62. 2010..We now report evidence that Heparanse 2 (HPSE2) is the culprit gene for the syndrome...
- A conserved Hpa2 protein has lytic activity against the bacterial cell wall in phytopathogenic Xanthomonas oryzaeJiahuan Zhang
Department of Plant Pathology, Nanjing Agricultural University, Weigang 1, Nanjing, China
Appl Microbiol Biotechnol 79:605-16. 2008..In this study, we cloned hrp-associated 2 (hpa2) genes from the bacteria Xanthomonas oryzae pathovars...
- Heparanase 2 interacts with heparan sulfate with high affinity and inhibits heparanase activityFlonia Levy-Adam
Cancer and Vascular Biology Research Center, Bruce Rappaport Faculty of Medicine, Technion, Haifa 31096, Israel
J Biol Chem 285:28010-9. 2010..Heparanase homolog, termed heparanase 2 (Hpa2), was cloned based on sequence homology...
- Tumorigenic and adhesive properties of heparanaseFlonia Levy-Adam
Cancer and Vascular Biology Research Center, Rappaport Faculty of Medicine, Technion, Haifa 31096, Israel
Semin Cancer Biol 20:153-60. 2010..Pro-adhesive properties of the heparanase homolog, heparanase 2 (Hpa2), are also discussed. Enzymatic activity-independent function of proteases (i.e...
- The hydroxypyruvate-reducing system in Arabidopsis: multiple enzymes for the same endStefan Timm
Department of Plant Physiology, University of Rostock, D 18059 Rostock, Germany
Plant Physiol 155:694-705. 2011..In addition, a NADPH-dependent cytosolic HPR2 provides an efficient extraperoxisomal bypass...
- The heparanase system and tumor metastasis: is heparanase the seed and soil?Gil Arvatz
Cancer and Vascular Biology Research Center, Bruce Rappaport Faculty of Medicine, Technion, P O Box 9649, Haifa, 31096, Israel
Cancer Metastasis Rev 30:253-68. 2011..In this review, we discuss recent progress in heparanase research focusing on heparanase-related molecules namely, cathepsin L and heparanase 2 (Hpa2), a heparanase homolog.
- First HPSE2 missense mutation in urofacial syndromeS Mahmood
Department of Human Genetics and Molecular Biology, University of Health Sciences, Khayaban e Jamia Punjab, Lahore, Pakistan
Clin Genet 81:88-92. 2012..Very recently, homozygous loss-of-function mutations affecting the gene HPSE2 were identified in nine cases...
- Exome capture and massively parallel sequencing identifies a novel HPSE2 mutation in a Saudi Arabian child with Ochoa (urofacial) syndromeWisam Al Badr
Division of Nephrology, King Fahad Specialist Hospital Dammam, Dammam, Saudi Arabia
J Pediatr Urol 7:569-73. 2011..A homozygous mutation was identified in the proband in HPSE2: c...
- Hpa2 required by HrpF to translocate Xanthomonas oryzae transcriptional activator-like effectors into rice for pathogenicityYu rong Li
School of Agriculture and Biology, Shanghai Jiaotong University, 800 Dongchuan Road, Shanghai 200240, China
Appl Environ Microbiol 77:3809-18. 2011..Whether or not a putative lytic transglycosylase, Hpa2, interacts with a translocon protein, HrpF, to facilitate bacterial pathogenicity remains unknown...
- A novel regulatory role of HrpD6 in regulating hrp-hrc-hpa genes in Xanthomonas oryzae pv. oryzicolaYu rong Li
Shanghai Jiaotong University, Shangai, China
Mol Plant Microbe Interact 24:1086-101. 2011..Interestingly, the expression of hpa2, hpa1, hpaB, hrcC, and hrcT is positively controlled by HrpD6...