Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: HOMER2
Description: homer scaffolding protein 2
Alias: ACPD, CPD, DFNA68, HOMER-2, VESL-2, homer protein homolog 2, cupidin, homer homolog 2, homer homolog 3, homer, neuronal immediate early gene, 2
Publications215 found, 100 shown here
- Homer binds a novel proline-rich motif and links group 1 metabotropic glutamate receptors with IP3 receptorsJ C Tu
Department of Neuroscience, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21205, USA
Neuron 21:717-26. 1998..These studies identify a novel mechanism in calcium signaling and provide evidence that an IEG, whose expression is driven by synaptic activity, can directly modify a specific synaptic function...
- Ionotropic glutamate receptor types leading to adenosine-mediated inhibition of electrically evoked [3H]-noradrenaline release in rabbit brain cortex slicesI von Kugelgen
Pharmakologisches Institut, Freiburg, Germany
Br J Pharmacol 110:1544-50. 1993..NMDA; 30-300 microM) but not the metabotropic glutamate receptor agonist, 1-amino-1,3-cyclopentanedicarboxylate (ACPD; 10-100 microM) reduced the electrically evoked overflow of tritium. 3...
- Modulation of NMDA effects on agonist-stimulated phosphoinositide turnover by memantine in neonatal rat cerebral cortexR Mistry
Department of Cell Physiology and Pharmacology, University of Leicester, Germany
Br J Pharmacol 114:797-804. 1995..accumulation in response to a sub-maximal concentration of the metabotropic glutamate receptor agonist, 1S,3R-ACPD (10 microM). 4. The small (approx...
- Modulation of cyclic AMP formation by putative metabotropic receptor agonistsJ Cartmell
Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, University of Nottingham Medical School, Queen s Medical Centre
Br J Pharmacol 111:364-9. 1994..2. 1-Aminocyclopentane-1S,3R-dicarboxylate (1S,3R-ACPD), L-2-amino-4-phosphonobutanoate (L-AP4) and (2S,3S,4S)-alpha-(carboxycyclopropyl)glycine (L-CCG-I), elicited ..
- Induction of a novel form of hippocampal long-term depression by muscimol: involvement of GABAA but not glutamate receptorsS Akhondzadeh
Pharmacology Laboratories, University of Glasgow
Br J Pharmacol 115:527-33. 1995..Similarly, quisqualic acid and (1S, 3R)-aminocyclopentane dicarboxylic acid (ACPD) a selective agonist at metabotropic receptors did not induce LTD or short-term depression, whereas kynurenic acid ..
- A comparison of the effects of selective metabotropic glutamate receptor agonists on synaptically evoked whole cell currents of rat spinal ventral horn neurones in vitroC Q Cao
Department of Pharmacology, School of Medical Sciences, University Walk, Bristol
Br J Pharmacol 115:1469-74. 1995..were depressed reversibly by the metabotropic glutamate agonists 1S3S-1-aminocyclopentane-1,3-dicarboxylate (1S3S-ACPD) (EC50 17.1 microM +/- 0.3 s.e. mean, n = 14) and L-2-amino-4-phosphonobutanoate (L-AP4) (EC50 = 2.19 +/- 0...
- Broad-spectrum virus reduction in red cell concentrates using INACTINE PEN110 chemistryA Lazo
V I Technologies, Inc, 134 Coolidge Avenue, Watertown, MA 02472, USA
Vox Sang 83:313-23. 2002..The purpose of this study was to characterize the virucidal effectiveness of the INACTINE PEN110 chemistry in full units of RBCC by using a panel of viruses with diverse properties in composition, size and shape...
- Actions of two new antagonists showing selectivity for different sub-types of metabotropic glutamate receptor in the neonatal rat spinal cordD E Jane
Department of Pharmacology, School of Medical Sciences, Bristol
Br J Pharmacol 112:809-16. 1994..has been differentiated from the similar effects produced by (1S,3R)-1-aminocyclopentane-1,3-dicarboxylate ((1S,3R)-ACPD), (1S,3S)-ACPD and (2S,3S,4S)-alpha-(carboxycyclopropyl)glycine (L-CCG-I), and from the postsynaptic motoneuronal ..
- The prescription of peritoneal dialysisAntonios H Tzamaloukas
Renal Section, Department of Medicine, New Mexico VA Health Care System, 1501 San Pedro, SE, Albuquerque, NM 87108, USA
Semin Dial 21:250-7. 2008..maintenance of normal extracellular electrolyte composition, the prescription of continuous peritoneal dialysis (CPD) should address four other specific issues: (i) prevention of uremia by achievement of adequate clearance of ..
- Scrotal edema secondary to fluid imbalance in patients on continuous peritoneal dialysisMuniru Adeniyi
Section of Nephrology, Raymond G Murphy VA Medical Center, Albuquerque, New Mexico 87108, USA
Adv Perit Dial 25:68-71. 2009..sac or into the anterior abdominal wall through the track of the catheter for continuous peritoneal dialysis (CPD)--scrotal edema in CPD patients may result from generalized volume retention...
- Modulatory effects of NMDA on phosphoinositide responses evoked by the metabotropic glutamate receptor agonist 1S,3R-ACPD in neonatal rat cerebral cortexR A Challiss
Department of Cell Physiology and Pharmacology, University of Leicester
Br J Pharmacol 112:231-9. 1994..in response to the metabotropic glutamate receptor agonist 1-aminocyclopentane-1S,3R-dicarboxylic acid (1S,3R-ACPD) has been examined in neonatal rat cerebral cortex slices. 2...
- Persistent ERK phosphorylation negatively regulates cAMP response element-binding protein (CREB) activity via recruitment of CREB-binding protein to pp90RSKZiqiu Wang
Liver Cancer Center, Thomas E Starzl Transplantation Institute, Department of Surgery, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15213, USA
J Biol Chem 278:11138-44. 2003Compound 5 (Cpd 5) or 2-(2-mercaptoethanol)-3-methyl-1,4-naphthoquinone, is an inhibitor of protein phosphatase Cdc25A and causes persistent activation of extracellular signal-regulated kinase (ERK) and cell growth inhibition...
- Analysis of gene- and strand-specific repair in the moderately UV-sensitive Saccharomyces cerevisiae rad23 mutantR A Verhage
Laboratory of Molecular Genetics, Leiden Institute of Chemistry, Leiden University, The Netherlands
Mutat Res 362:155-65. 1996..investigate whether the rad23 mutant has similar strand-specific repair characteristics we analyzed gene-specific CPD removal from several loci using strand-specific probes but did not detect any repair...
- [Value of the association of blood cardioplegia and energetic warm reperfusion in cardiac transplantation]A Pavie
Service de chirurgie cardiovasculaire, , Paris
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 84:795-800. 1991..Reinjection every 20 minutes allows cellular reoxygenation, the delivery of essential elements (Tham, CPD), and the elimination of products of myocardial degradation accumulated during ischemia...
- Excitatory amino acid receptor-stimulated phosphoinositide turnover in primary cerebrocortical culturesG J Birrell
Parke Davis Pharmaceutical Research Division, Warner Lambert Company, Ann Arbor, MI 48106
Br J Pharmacol 109:379-85. 1993..amino acid receptor agonists were quisqualate, (1S,3R)-1-aminocyclopentane-1,3-dicarboxylic acid ((1S,3R)-ACPD), ibotenate and glutamate with mean EC50 values of 0.9 +/- 0...
- Effectiveness of a high school smoking cessation programW P Adelman
Division of General Pediatrics and Adolescent Medicine, Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
Pediatrics 107:E50. 2001..To evaluate the impact of a school-based smoking cessation program targeting adolescents interested in quitting...
- Increasing the dialysis volume and frequency in a fixed period of time in CPD patients: the effect on Kpt/V and creatinine clearancePeter H Juergensen
New Haven CAPD, New Haven, Connecticut 06511, USA
Perit Dial Int 22:693-7. 2002..recommendations for weekly Kt/V(urea) and weekly total creatinine clearance (CC) in chronic peritoneal dialysis (CPD) patients...
- Signal transduction pathways involved in the acute potentiation of NMDA responses by 1S,3R-ACPD in rat hippocampal slicesJ Harvey
Department of Pharmacology, Medical School, University of Birmingham
Br J Pharmacol 109:1085-90. 1993..the acute potentiation of N-methyl-D-aspartate (NMDA) responses by aminocyclopentane-1S,3R-dicarboxylic acid (1S,3R-ACPD) in area CA1 of rat hippocampal slices. 2...
- Metabotropic glutamate receptors modulate synaptic transmission in the perforant path: pharmacology and localization of two distinct receptorsD Dietrich
Department of Neurosurgery, University of Bonn Medical Center, Germany
Brain Res 767:220-7. 1997..In the present study, the specific mGluR agonists (1S,3R)-1-aminocyclopentane-1,3-dicarboxylic acid ((1S,3R)-ACPD) and L(+)-2-amino-4-phosphonobutyric acid (L-AP4) depressed field excitatory postsynaptic potentials (fEPSPs) in ..
- The metabotropic glutamate receptors of the vestibular organsP S Guth
Department of Pharmacology, Tulane University School of Medicine, New Orleans, LA 70112 2699, USA
Hear Res 125:154-62. 1998..The mGluR agonist +/- 1-aminocyclopentane-trans-1,3-dicarboxylate (ACPD) produced an increase in afferent firing rates of the ampullar nerve of the intact posterior canal...
- Intermittent versus continuous intraperitoneal glycopeptide/ceftazidime treatment in children with peritoneal dialysis-associated peritonitis. The Mid-European Pediatric Peritoneal Dialysis Study Group (MEPPS)F Schaefer
Division of Pediatric Nephrology, University Children s Hospital, Heidelberg, Germany
J Am Soc Nephrol 10:136-45. 1999..administration appears as a practical and economical therapeutic concept in continuous peritoneal dialysis (CPD)-related peritonitis, but the equivalence of this principle with standard continuous treatment awaits confirmation ..
- Metabotropic glutamate receptors (mGluRs) are involved in early phase of memory formation: possible role of modulation of glutamate releaseElzbieta Salinska
Department of Neurochemistry, Medical Research Centre, Polish Academy of Sciences, Pawinskiego 5, 02 106 Warsaw, Poland
Neurochem Int 43:469-74. 2003..I.c.v. injection of the mGluRs agonist 1-aminocyclopentane-1,3-dicarboxylic acid (ACPD) can impair memory formation in some types of learning task...
- Protein phosphatase 2A binds to the cytoplasmic tail of carboxypeptidase D and regulates post-trans-Golgi network traffickingO Varlamov
Department of Molecular Pharmacology, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY 10461, USA
J Cell Sci 114:311-22. 2001Carboxypeptidase D (CPD) is a transmembrane protein that processes proteins in the trans-Golgi network (TGN). A 20-residue region within the cytoplasmic tail of CPD binds protein phosphatase 2A (PP2A)...
- Cone-beam computerized tomographic, radiographic, and histologic evaluation of periapical repair in dogs' post-endodontic treatmentFrancisco Wanderley Garcia de Paula-Silva
Department of Pediatric Clinics, School of Dentistry of Ribeirao Preto, University of Sao Paulo, Ribeirao Preto, Brazil
Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod 108:796-805. 2009..To evaluate the periapical repair after root canal treatment in the teeth of dogs using CT and conventional radiography and to compare these findings with the gold standard microscopic evaluation...
- Changes in polymorphonuclear leukocyte elastase concentrations and hemolysis parameters in patients transfused with different blood preparations, and in the blood preparations themselvesTomoki Nishiyama
Department of Anesthesiology, The University of Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan
J Anesth 22:117-24. 2008..The purpose of this study was to compare hemolysis and PMNE concentrations in massive blood transfusions with three different preparations...
- Contrast sensitivity after implantation of a spherical versus an aspherical intraocular lens in biaxial microincision cataract surgerySabine Kurz
Department of Ophthalmology, Johannes Gutenberg University, Langenbeckstrasse 1, 55131 Mainz, Germany
J Cataract Refract Surg 33:393-400. 2007....
- Modulation of plateau properties in dorsal horn neurones in a slice preparation of the turtle spinal cordR E Russo
Department of Medical Physiology, Panum Institute, University of Copenhagen, Denmark
J Physiol 499:459-74. 1997..2. Application of cis-(+/-)-1-aminocyclopentane-1,3-dicarboxylic acid (ACPD, 10-50 microM) produced a slow depolarization (5.9 +/- 0...
- Spectroscopic studies of peroxyacetic acid reaction intermediates of cytochrome P450cam and chloroperoxidaseV Schunemann
Institute of Physics, Medical University Lubeck, Ratzeburger Allee 160, D 23538 Lubeck, Germany
J Inorg Biochem 91:586-96. 2002It is generally assumed that the putative compound I (cpd I) in cytochrome P450 should contain the same electron and spin distribution as is observed for cpd I of peroxidases and catalases and many synthetic cpd I analogues...
- Temperature-sensitive photoreactivation of cyclobutane thymine dimer in soybeanAyumi Yamamoto
Graduate School of Life Sciences, Tohoku University, Japan
J Radiat Res 49:189-96. 2008UV radiation induces the formation of two classes of photoproducts in DNA, the cyclobutane pyrimidine dimer (CPD) and the pyrimidine 6-4 pyrimidone photoproduct...
- Self-assessment in CPD: lessons from the UK undergraduate and postgraduate education domainsTim Dornan
University of Manchester, Manchester, England
J Contin Educ Health Prof 28:32-7. 2008..is moving from credit-earning, taught continuing medical education (CME) to a continuing professional development (CPD) system that explicitly links education to change in practice, managed and monitored through mandatory peer ..
- Pharmacology of postsynaptic metabotropic glutamate receptors in rat hippocampal CA1 pyramidal neuronesC H Davies
Department of Pharmacology, Medical School, University of Birmingham
Br J Pharmacol 116:1859-69. 1995..were observed with concentrations (50-100 microM) of (1S,3R)-1-aminocyclopentane-1,3-dicarboxylic acid ((1S,3R)-ACPD) and (1S,3S)-ACPD that exhibit little or no activity at group III mGluRs but which activate groups I and II mGluRs...
- Chronic peritoneal dialysis catheters in children: a fifteen-year experience of the Italian Registry of Pediatric Chronic Peritoneal DialysisStefano Rinaldi
Department of Nephrology and Urology, Bambino Gesu Children s Research Hospital, Piazza S Onofrio 4, 00165 Rome, Italy
Perit Dial Int 24:481-6. 2004To analyze data on 503 chronic peritoneal dialysis (CPD) catheters implanted between 1986 and 2000 in pediatric patients enrolled in the Italian Registry of Pediatric Chronic Peritoneal Dialysis (the Registry), comparing three different ..
- A review of the efficacy of smoking-cessation pharmacotherapies in nonwhite populationsGisela I Robles
Department of Pharmacy Practice, College of Pharmacy, Nova Southeastern University, Ft Lauderdale, Florida 33328, USA
Clin Ther 30:800-12. 2008..Research suggests that behavioral support strategies and pharmacotherapy can improve abstinence rates. However, both approaches, especially pharmacotherapy, have been understudied in nonwhite US populations...
- Effects of a selective metabotropic glutamate receptor agonist on the micturition reflex pathway in urethane-anesthetized ratsHiroshi Tanaka
The Department of Urology, Hokkaido University Graduate School of Medicine, Sapporo, Japan
Neurourol Urodyn 22:611-6. 2003..To determine a possible role of metabotropic glutamate receptors in the spinobulbospinal micturition reflex pathway in the rat...
- What do you mean you can't sterilize it? The reusable medical device matrixAnne Stephens
University Health Network, Toronto General Hospital, USA
Can Oper Room Nurs J 28:6-11, 20-4. 2010..will be referred to as RMDs and include all instrumentation and devices that the Central Processing Department (CPD) resterilizes for use in the hospital. Patient safety in surgery begins in CPD...
- Pharmacological similarity between the retinal APB receptor and the family of metabotropic glutamate receptorsN Tian
Department of Biophysical Sciences, School of Medicine, State University of New York, Buffalo 14214
J Neurophysiol 71:2258-68. 1994..experiments in the amphibian retina to examine the effects of 1-amino-1,3-cyclopentanedicarboxylic acid (1S,3R ACPD), which is a selective agonist for the family of metabotropic glutamate receptors. 2...
- Metabotropic glutamate receptor agonist increases neuropeptide mRNA expression in rat striatumJ Q Wang
Department of Pharmacology, Howard University College of Medicine, 520 W Street NW, Washington, DC 20059, USA
Brain Res Mol Brain Res 54:262-9. 1998..the effects of acute injection of the selective mGluR agonist (1S,3R)-1-aminocyclopentane-1,3-dicarboxylic acid (ACPD) on behavior and striatal neuropeptide mRNA expression were evaluated in chronically-cannulated rats...
- Regulation of immediate early gene c-fos and zif/268 mRNA expression in rat striatum by metabotropic glutamate receptorJ Q Wang
Department of Pharmacology, Howard University College of Medicine, 520 W Street NW, Washington, DC 20059, USA
Brain Res Mol Brain Res 57:46-53. 1998..pharmacological activation of metabotropic glutamate receptors by intrastriatal injection of a selective agonist, ACPD, elevated immediate early gene c-fos and zif/268 mRNA expression in the injected dorsal striatum as revealed by ..
- Randomised trial investigating effect of a novel nicotine delivery device (Eclipse) and a nicotine oral inhaler on smoking behaviour, nicotine and carbon monoxide exposure, and motivation to quitK O Fagerstrom
Smokers Information Center and Fagerstrom Consulting, Helsingborg, Sweden
Tob Control 9:327-33. 2000..The smoker's own brand of cigarette and a nicotine replacement product (Nicotrol inhaler) were used as comparisons...
- Measurement of adherence, drug concentrations and the effectiveness of artemether-lumefantrine, chlorproguanil-dapsone or sulphadoxine-pyrimethamine in the treatment of uncomplicated malaria in MalawiDavid J Bell
Tropical and Infectious Diseases Unit, Royal Liverpool University Hospital, Liverpool L7 8XP, UK
Malar J 8:204. 2009..At the time of this study, artemether-lumefantrine (AL) and chlorproguanil-dapsone (CPD), both multi-dose regimes, were considered possible alternatives to SP in Malawi...
- Presynaptic group II metabotropic glutamate receptors reduce stimulated and spontaneous transmitter release in human dentate gyrusD Dietrich
Experimental Neurophysiology, Department of Neurosurgery, University Clinic Bonn, Sigmund Freud Str 25, 53105 Bonn, Germany
Neuropharmacology 42:297-305. 2002..The broad spectrum mGluR agonist (1S, 3R)-1-aminocyclopentane-1,3-dicarboxylic acid (ACPD) profoundly and reversibly reduced field EPSPs (fEPSPs) with an EC(50) of 30+/-7.4 microM...
- Use of the TAT in the assessment of DSM-IV cluster B personality disordersS J Ackerman
Department of Psychology, University of Arkansas, USA
J Pers Assess 73:422-48. 1999..borderline personality disorder (BPD), narcissistic personality disorder (NPD), and Cluster C personality disorder (CPD)...
- K vitamins, PTP antagonism, and cell growth arrestBrian I Carr
Liver Cancer Center, Starzl Transplantation Institute, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15213, USA
J Cell Physiol 193:263-74. 2002..b>Cpd 5 or [2-(2-mercaptoethanol)-3-methyl-1,4-naphthoquinone] is one of the most potent...
- Continuing professional development and social accountability: a review of the literatureLisa J Fleet
Memorial University of Newfoundland, St Johns, NL, Canada
J Interprof Care 22:15-29. 2008..to the society they serve is not a new concept and by the 1990 s, the continuing professional development (CPD) of health professionals was being seen as one way in which Canadians' level of health could be improved...
- Continuing professional development is associated with increasing physical therapists' roles in arthritis management in Canada and the NetherlandsLinda C Li
Department of Physical Therapy, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Phys Ther 90:629-42. 2010This study explored the relationships among the roles assumed by physical therapists in arthritis care and their previous participation in arthritis courses for continuing professional development (CPD).
- Clostridial antibody response from injection-site lesions in beef cattle, long-term response to single or multiple doses, and response in newborn beef calvesT R Troxel
University of Arkansas Cooperative Extension Service, Little Rock 72203, USA
J Anim Sci 79:2558-64. 2001..08) and 84 (P < 0.07) compared with non-lesioned heifers. Clostridium sordellii (CS) and perfringens type D (CPD) antibody titers were greater in lesioned heifers than in non-lesioned heifers on d 28 and 56. In Exp...
- Safety and efficacy of the nicotine patch and gum for the treatment of adolescent tobacco addictionEric T Moolchan
Teen Tobacco Addiction Research Clinic, Clinical Pharmacology and Therapeutics Research Branch, National Institute on Drug Abuse, Intramural Research Program, 5500 Nathan Shock Dr, Baltimore, Maryland 21224, USA
Pediatrics 115:e407-14. 2005..To determine the safety and efficacy of the nicotine patch and gum for adolescents who want to quit smoking...
- Changes in hemorheological and biochemical parameters following short-term and long-term smoking cessation induced by nicotine replacement therapy (NRT)K O Haustein
Fritz Lickint Institute for Nicotine Research and Smoking Cessation, Erfurt, Germany
Int J Clin Pharmacol Ther 42:83-92. 2004..We investigated the effect of stopping smoking by using nicotine replacement therapy (NRT) on hemorheology parameters, on the cotinine and thiocyanate plasma concentrations and the exhaled carbon monoxide (CO)...
- A free energy calculation study of the effect of H-->F substitution on binding affinity in ligand-antibody interactionsMinoru Saito
Faculty of Science and Technology, Hirosaki University, 3 Bunkyo cho, Hirosaki, Aomori 036 8561, Japan
J Comput Chem 26:272-82. 2005..attributable to H-->F substitution by comparing results for CPDs containing a trifluoroacetylamino group (CPD-F) or an acetylamino group (CPD-H). The calculated DeltaDeltaG, DeltaDeltaH, and -TDeltaDeltaS values were -2.9, -6...
- A prospective multicentre study of the nutritional status in children on chronic peritoneal dialysisAlberto Edefonti
Pediatric Renal Unit of Clinica Pediatrica G e D de Marchi, Fondazione Policlinico, Mangiagalli, Regina Elena, Milano, Italy
Nephrol Dial Transplant 21:1946-51. 2006..score is a recently proposed objective method of assessing malnutrition in children on chronic peritoneal dialysis (CPD) that uses nine parameters based on anthropometry, skinfold thickness and bioimpedance analysis...
- Fasciola hepatica: histological changes in the reproductive structures of triclabendazole (TCBZ)-sensitive and TCBZ-resistant flukes after treatment in vivo with TCBZ and the related benzimidazole derivative, Compound AlphaR E B Hanna
Veterinary Sciences Division, Agri Food and Biosciences Institute, Stormont, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
Vet Parasitol 168:240-54. 2010..after infection the lambs were treated with TCBZ (10mg/kg) or with the experimental fasciolicide, Compound Alpha (Cpd alpha), a benzimidazole derivative of TCBZ (15mg/kg)...
- Spatial luminance contrast sensitivity measured with transient VEP: comparison with psychophysics and evidence of multiple mechanismsGivago S Souza
Departamento de Fisiologia, Universidade Federal do Para, Brazil
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 48:3396-404. 2007..To compare the spatial luminance contrast sensitivity function (CSF) obtained with transient visual evoked potentials (VEPs) with that obtained with psychophysical measurements...
- Ultraviolet-induced cyclobutane pyrimidine dimers are selectively removed from transcriptionally active genes in the epidermis of the hairless mouseH J Ruven
Department of Radiation Genetics and Chemical Mutagenesis, Leiden University, The Netherlands
Cancer Res 53:1642-5. 1993This study describes the induction and repair of UV-induced cyclobutane pyrimidine dimers (CPD) in transcriptionally active and inactive genes in the epidermis of the hairless mouse...
- Power Doppler ultrasound imaging for quantification of urinary bladder neck blood flow changesAntonius Schuster
Department of Radiology, LKH Feldkirch, Feldkirch A 6800, Austria
Ultrasound Med Biol 30:1379-84. 2004..Computer-assisted calculation of color pixel density (CPD) of power Doppler images was performed using Scion Image) software image analysis...
- 6MAP, a fluorescent adenine analogue, is a probe of base flipping by DNA photolyaseKongsheng Yang
Department of Chemistry, Temple University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19122, USA
J Phys Chem B 111:10615-25. 2007..We have used the fluorescent adenine analogue 6MAP, a pteridone, to probe the local double helical structure of the CPD substrate when bound by photolyase...
- Smoking reduction fails to improve clinical and biological markers of cardiac disease: a randomized controlled trialAnne M Joseph
Department of Medicine, University of Minnesota Medical School, Minneapolis, MN 55414, USA
Nicotine Tob Res 10:471-81. 2008..received counseling and nicotine replacement therapy to encourage > or =50% reduction in cigarettes per day (CPD)...
- Induction and inhibition of cyclobutane pyrimidine dimer photolyase in etiolated cucumber (Cucumis sativus) cotyledons after ultraviolet irradiation depends on wavelengthYuichi Takeuchi
Department of Bioscience and Technology, School of Engineering, Hokkaido Tokai University, Sapporo, Japan
J Plant Res 120:365-74. 2007..maximum energy at 327 nm) the activity of DNA photolyase specific to cyclobutane pyrimidine dimers (CPDs), CPD photolyase, increased by an amount which depended on UV irradiance, and the level of CPD photolyase gene (CsPHR) ..
- Scottish pharmacists' views and attitudes towards continuing professional developmentAilsa Power
NHS Education for Scotland, 2 Central Quay, 89 Hydepark St, Glasgow G3 8BW, Scotland
Pharm World Sci 30:136-43. 2008To summarise Scottish pharmacists' views and attitudes towards Continuing Professional Development (CPD).
- Task-dependent role for dorsal striatum metabotropic glutamate receptors in memoryM G Packard
Department of Psychology, Yale University, New Haven, Connecticut 06520 8025, USA
Learn Mem 8:96-103. 2001..0, 2.0 mM/0.5 microL), the group I/II mGluR agonist 1-aminocyclopentane-1,3-carboxylic acid (ACPD; 0.5 or 1.0 microM/0...
- Nutrition indices in obese continuous peritoneal dialysis patients with inadequate and adequate urea clearanceAntonios H Tzamaloukas
Renal Section, New Mexico Veterans Affairs Health Care System, Albuquerque 87108, USA
Perit Dial Int 22:506-12. 2002To test whether better nutrition is associated more with adequate urea clearance than with inadequate urea clearance in obese patients on continuous peritoneal dialysis (CPD).
- Treatment and outcome of CPD-associated peritonitisLaura Troidle
New Haven CAPD, Renal Research Institute, New Haven, Connecticut, USA
Ann Clin Microbiol Antimicrob 5:6. 2006b>CPD-associated peritonitis is a leading cause of morbidity and mortality for ESRD patients maintained on CPD therapy. The percentage of ESRD patients maintained on CPD therapy is declining...
- Structure-function analysis of inositol hexakisphosphate-induced autoprocessing of the Vibrio cholerae multifunctional autoprocessing RTX toxinKaterina Prochazkova
Department of Microbiology Immunology, Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University, 303 East Chicago Avenue, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
J Biol Chem 283:23656-64. 2008..Autoprocessing of this toxin by an embedded cysteine protease domain (CPD) is essential for this toxin to induce actin depolymerization in a broad range of cell types...
- The influence of continuing professional development portfolio records on pharmacy practiceAndrzej J Kostrzewski
Guy s and St Thomas NHS Foundation Trust, Pharmacy Department, Guy s Hospital, London
Int J Pharm Pract 17:107-13. 2009..of this study was to undertake an in-depth investigation of the influence of continuing professional development (CPD) portfolios on pharmacy practice in the hospital setting...
- Molecular cloning, functional expression and pharmacological characterization of the human metabotropic glutamate receptor type 4P J Flor
Molecular and Cellular Biology, CNS Research, Basle, Switzerland
Neuropharmacology 34:149-55. 1995..L-AP4), L-serine-O-phosphate (L-SOP), L-glutamate or (1S,3R)-1-aminocyclo-pentane-1,3-dicarboxylic acid ((1S,3R)-ACPD) in stably transfected Chinese hamster ovary (CHO) cells depressed forskolin-induced cAMP accumulation, whereas ..
- Pregnancy dependence of mammary tumours in DDD mice congenic for Mtv-2, DDD/1-Mtv-2/Mtv-2K Sayama
Laboratory of General Biology, Meijigakuin University, Yokohama, Japan
Lab Anim 28:44-9. 1994..Of 73 tumours from DDD/1-Mtv-2 mice, 9 (12%) were completely pregnancy-dependent (CPD), 3 (4%) pregnancy-dependent (PD), 9 (12%) pregnancy-responsive (PR), and 52 (71%) pregnancy-independent (PI), and ..
- Peptide aldehyde complexes with wheat serine carboxypeptidase II: implications for the catalytic mechanism and substrate specificityT L Bullock
Institute of Molecular Biology, University of Oregon, Eugene 97403, USA
J Mol Biol 255:714-25. 1996The structures of two ternary complexes of wheat serine carboxypeptidase II (CPD-WII), with a tetrapeptide aldehyde and a reaction product arginine, have been determined by X-ray crystallography at room temperature and -170 degrees...
- Induction of cyclobutane pyrimidine dimer photolyase in cultured fish cells by UVA and blue lightH Mitani
Department of Biological Sciences, University of Tokyo, Japan
Photochem Photobiol 64:943-8. 1996The cyclobutane pyrimidine dimer (CPD) photolyase in fish cells is known to be regulated by environmental factors, such as light, hydrogen peroxide and growth inhibition...
- How is a grating detected on a narrowband noise masker?J Nachmias
Department of Psychology, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia 19104 6228, USA
Vision Res 39:1133-42. 1999Thresholds were measured for detecting 4 cpd gratings added to maskers consisting of nine sinusoidal components spanning 1 octave around the signal frequency. Phases of all mask components were randomized on every presentation...
- Effects of guanine nucleotides on adenosine and glutamate modulation of cAMP levels in optic tectum slices from chicksC I Tasca
Departamento de Bioquimica, Centro de Ciencias Biologicas, Universidade Federal de Santa Catarina, Florianopolis, Brazil
Neurochem Int 34:213-20. 1999..a metabotropic glutamate receptor (mGluR) sensitive to (1 S,3R)-1-aminocyclopentane-1,3-dicarboxylic acid (1 S,3R-ACPD) but not to L-2-amino-4-phosphonobutyrate (L-AP4)...
- Adaptive enhancement and kinetics of nucleotide excision repair in humansN Ye
Beckman Research Institute, Department of Biology, City of Hope Medical Center, Duarte, CA 91010, USA
Mutat Res 435:43-61. 1999..dose of quinacrine mustard (QM) preceded the UVC challenge, the duration of the cyclobutane pyrimidine dimer (CPD) repair lags were reduced by a factor of three and the kinetic half-lives for CPD repair were reduced by a factor ..
- A putative role for the tomato genes DUMPY and CURL-3 in brassinosteroid biosynthesis and responseC V Koka
Department of Horticultural Science, Box 7609, North Carolina State University, Raleigh, North Carolina 27695, USA
Plant Physiol 122:85-98. 2000..6-deoxocathasterone to 6-deoxoteasterone, similar to the Arabidopsis constitutive photomorphogenesis and dwarfism (cpd) mutant...
- Effects of induced transverse chromatic aberration from an afocal prismatic lens on spatio-temporal sensitivityJ Faubert
Ecole d Optometrie, Universite de Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Ophthalmic Physiol Opt 19:336-46. 1999..Taken together, the results show that TCA has profound effects on medium to high spatial frequencies (above 1 cpd) consistent with previous studies, and that the ratio of deficit TCA/blur can be higher than 2:1 for equivalent ..
- Mechanism of novel vitamin K analog induced growth inhibition in human hepatoma cell lineS Osada
Second Department of Surgery, Gifu University School of Medicine, Gifu City, Japan
J Hepatol 34:676-82. 2001..Since 2-(2-hydroxyethylsulfaryl) 3-methyl-1,4-naphthoquinone or CPD 5 has been shown to mediate the phosphorylation of epidermal growth factor (EGF) receptor in Hep3B hepatoma cells, ..
- Spatiotemporal tuning of directional neurons in mammalian and avian pretectum: a comparison of physiological propertiesM R Ibbotson
Visual Sciences, Research School of Biological Sciences, Australian National University, Canberra, ACT 2601, Australia
J Neurophysiol 86:2621-4. 2001..The neurons are placed into two descriptive groups: fast and slow cells, which prefer SF/TFs of 0.06-0.6 cpd/0.4-20 Hz and 0.13-1 cpd/<1 Hz, respectively...
- Changes in peritoneal coagulation and fibrinolysis after discontinuation of chronic peritoneal dialysisSumiko Homma
Division of Nephrology, Jichi Medical School, Minamikawachi, Tochigi, Japan
Perit Dial Int 22:178-83. 2002To study changes in peritoneal function after transfer from chronic peritoneal dialysis (CPD) to hemodialysis (HD), especially the effects on peritoneal coagulation, fibrinolytic markers, and mesothelium.
- Adults with dyslexia show deficits on spatial frequency doubling and visual attention tasksJudy Buchholz
The Division of Psychology, The Australian National University, Canberra, ACT, Australia
Dyslexia 10:24-43. 2004..For the 'frequency doubling' stimulus (grating of 0.25 cpd modulated at 25 Hz counterphase flicker), contrast thresholds for detection were raised in the dyslexic group...
- Gauging the relative oxidative powers of compound I, ferric-hydroperoxide, and the ferric-hydrogen peroxide species of cytochrome P450 toward C-H hydroxylation of a radical clock substrateEtienne Derat
Department of Organic Chemistry, The Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Israel
J Am Chem Soc 128:473-84. 2006..reactivity of three potential oxidant species of the enzyme, the high-valent oxo-iron species Compound I (Cpd I), the ferric hydroperoxide Compound 0 (Cpd 0), and the ferric-hydrogen peroxide complex Fe(H(2)O(2))...
- Contribution of spinal glutamatergic receptors to the antinociception caused by agmatine in miceVinicius M Gadotti
Departamento de Ciencias Fisiologicas, Centro de Ciencias Biologicas, Universidade Federal de Santa Catarina, Campus Universitario, Trindade, Florianopolis 88040 900, SC, Brazil
Brain Res 1093:116-22. 2006..injection of glutamate, N-methy-D-aspartate (NMDA) and (+/-)-1-aminocyclopentane-trans-1,3-dicarboxylic acid (trans-ACPD), with mean ID(50) values of 16.7, 6.8 and 27.0 mg/kg, respectively...
- Comparison of older depressed hospitalized patients with and without heart failure/pulmonary diseaseH G Koenig
Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27710, USA
Aging Ment Health 10:335-42. 2006..that depressed hospitalized patients with congestive heart failure (CHF) and/or chronic pulmonary disease (CPD) are no different from depressed patients with other medical disorders, and so can be treated similarly...
- Reversible resolution of flavin and pterin cofactors of His-tagged Escherichia coli DNA photolyaseLei Xu
School of Life Sciences, University of Science and Technology of China, Hefei, Anhui 230027, China
Biochim Biophys Acta 1764:1454-61. 2006Escherichia coli photolyase catalyzes the repair of cyclobutane pyrimidine dimers (CPD) in DNA under near UV/blue-light irradiation...
- Structural sparseness and spatial phase alignment in natural scenesBruce C Hansen
McGill Vision Research Unit, Department of Ophthalmology, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
J Opt Soc Am A Opt Image Sci Vis 24:1873-85. 2007..match natural scene image structures at three different spatial frequencies [3, 6, and 12 cycles per degree (cpd)] as a function of the number of structures within the image (i.e., "structural sparseness")...
- Structure-function analysis of inositol hexakisphosphate-induced autoprocessing in Clostridium difficile toxin ARory N Pruitt
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, TN 37232 2363, USA
J Biol Chem 284:21934-40. 2009..We have defined the cysteine protease domain (CPD) responsible for autoprocessing within toxin A (TcdA) and report the 1...
- Highly error-free role of DNA polymerase eta in the replicative bypass of UV-induced pyrimidine dimers in mouse and human cellsJung Hoon Yoon
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston, 301 University Boulevard, Galveston, TX 77555 1061, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106:18219-24. 2009..From these studies we draw the following conclusions: (i) TLS makes a very prominent contribution to CPD bypass on both the DNA strands during replication; (ii) Pols eta, kappa, and zeta provide alternate pathways for ..
- Innovative educational methods and technologies applicable to continuing professional development in periodontologyN Mattheos
Department of Periodontology and Implant Dentistry, Griffith University, Gold Coast, QLD, Australia
Eur J Dent Educ 14:43-52. 2010Continuous professional development (CPD) in Periodontology refers to the overall framework of opportunities that facilitate a life-long learning practice, driven by the learner-practitioner and supported by a variety of institutions and ..
- What are the factors that affect band 5 nurses' career development and progression?Paula Balls
Practice Development and Education Department, Norfolk and Norwich University Hospitals Foundation Trust
Nurs Times 106:10-3. 2010Continuing professional development (CPD) and career progression opportunities have been linked with job satisfaction and intent to remain in nursing.
- Enterococcal peritonitis in children receiving chronic peritoneal dialysisScott M Sutherland
Stanford University Medical Center, Department of Pediatrics, Division of Nephrology, 300 Pasteur Drive, Room G 306, Stanford, CA 94035, USA
Nephrol Dial Transplant 25:4048-54. 2010Peritonitis is a common complication of chronic peritoneal dialysis (CPD) and can be associated with technique failure...
- Assessing cephalopelvic disproportion: back to the basicsDushyant Maharaj
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Otago, and Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Women s Health, Wellington Regional Hospital, Wellington, New Zealand
Obstet Gynecol Surv 65:387-95. 2010Dystocia, or abnormally slow progress in labor, can result from cephalopelvic disproportion (CPD), malposition of the fetal head as it enters the birth canal, or ineffective uterine propulsive forces...
- Metabotropic glutamate receptors 1 and 5 differentially regulate bulbar dopaminergic cell functionKuihuan Jian
Dipartimento di Biologia ed Evoluzione, Universita di Ferrara, Sez Fisiologia e Biofisica, Via Borsari 46, 44100 Ferrara, Italy
Brain Res 1354:47-63. 2010..After blockage of ionotropic receptors, focal application of glutamate or of group I/II mGluR agonist t-ACPD resulted in a depolarization, paralleled by an inward current in voltage-clamp conditions...
- Establishing the continuing professional development needs of general practitioners in their first five years after trainingClare Taylor
Royal College of General Practitioners, London, UK
Educ Prim Care 21:316-9. 2010To identify existing and preferred methods of accessing CPD for GPs in the first five years of independent practice. To establish areas of CPD need for this group...
- A framework for enhancing continuing medical education for rural physicians: A summary of the literatureVernon Curran
Academic Research and Development, Professional Development and Conferencing Services, Faculty of Medicine, Memorial University of Newfoundland, St John s, Canada
Med Teach 32:e501-8. 2010..A key deterrent to rural practice has been identified as professional isolation and access to continuing medical education/continuing professional development (CME/CPD).
- Short stature as an independent risk factor for cephalopelvic disproportion in a country of relatively small-sized mothersRusleena Toh-Adam
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Faculty of Medicine, Chiang Mai University, Chiang Mai, Thailand
Arch Gynecol Obstet 285:1513-6. 2012To clarify the relationship between maternal height and cesarean rate due to cephalopelvic disproportion (CPD) in singleton pregnancies among ethnic groups of relatively short stature.
- New caged neurotransmitter analogs selective for glutamate receptor sub-types based on methoxynitroindoline and nitrophenylethoxycarbonyl caging groupsFrancisco Palma-Cerda
Universite Paris Descartes, 75006 Paris, France
Neuropharmacology 63:624-34. 2012..NPEC cages are simpler to prepare but have slower photorelease. Photolysis of NPEC-ACPD or NPEC-DHPG in Purkinje neurons generated slow inward currents blocked by the mGluR type 1 antagonist CPCCOEt ..
- Reactivity of compound II: electronic structure analysis of methane hydroxylation by oxoiron(IV) porphyrin complexesAngela Rosa
Dipartimento di Chimica, Universita della Basilicata, Viale dell Ateneo Lucano 10, 85100 Potenza, Italy
Inorg Chem 51:9833-45. 2012The methane hydroxylation reaction by a Compound II (Cpd II) mimic PorFe(IV)=O and its hydrosulfide-ligated derivative [Por(SH)Fe(IV)=O](-) is investigated by density functional theory (DFT) calculations on the ground triplet and excited ..
- Biochemical analysis of active site mutations of human polymerase ηSamuel C Suarez
Department of Environmental and Molecular Toxicology, North Carolina State University, Raleigh, NC 27695, USA
Mutat Res 745:46-54. 2013..plays a critical role in suppressing mutations caused by the bypass of cis-syn cyclobutane pyrimidine dimers (CPD) that escape repair...
- The development of an exemplar e-module for the continuing professional development of European dentistsA E Kossioni
The National and Kapodistrian University of Athens, School of Dentistry, Athens, Greece
Eur J Dent Educ 17:38-44. 2013To present the development of an exemplar e-module for dental continuing professional development (CPD) provided by dental schools and other dental educational providers.
- Time to first cigarette predicts cessation outcomes in adolescent smokersMelissa Mercincavage
Department of Biobehavioral Health, Pennsylvania State University, University Park, PA
Nicotine Tob Res 15:1996-2004. 2013..Among those who did not quit, the relationship of TTFC with changes in cigarettes/day (CPD) was also examined.
- Acculturation-related predictors of very light smoking among Latinos in California and nationwideErik J Rodriquez
Center for Tobacco Control Research and Education, University of California, 530 Parnassus Ave, STE 366, Box 1390, San Francisco, CA, 94143 1390, USA
J Immigr Minor Health 17:181-91. 2015..and acculturation-related factors associated with very light smoking, defined as smoking 1-5 cigarettes per day (CPD), among Latinos in California and nationwide...
- Perceptions of a continuing professional development portfolio model to enhance the scholarship of teaching and learningToyin Tofade
Department of Pharmacy Practice and Science and the Experiential Learning Program, University of Maryland School of Pharmacy, Baltimore, MD, USA
J Pharm Pract 27:131-7. 2014To obtain feedback about the potential usefulness of a continuing professional development (CPD) portfolio for enhancing a faculty or practitioner's scholarship of teaching and learning (SoTL).
- Transfection of pseudouridine-modified mRNA encoding CPD-photolyase leads to repair of DNA damage in human keratinocytes: a new approach with future therapeutic potentialGábor Boros
Department of Dermatology, Medical and Health Science Center, University of Debrecen, Nagyerdei körút 98, 4032 Debrecen, Hungary Electronic address
J Photochem Photobiol B 129:93-9. 2013..Accumulation of unrepaired CPD lesions causes inflammation, premature ageing and skin cancer...
- Pairwise decomposition of an MMGBSA energy function for computational protein designThomas Gaillard
Department of Biology, Laboratoire de Biochimie CNRS UMR7654, Ecole Polytechnique, 91128, Palaiseau, France
J Comput Chem 35:1371-87. 2014Computational protein design (CPD) aims at predicting new proteins or modifying existing ones. The computational challenge is huge as it requires exploring an enormous sequence and conformation space...
- Transport of rice cyclobutane pyrimidine dimer photolyase into mitochondria relies on a targeting sequence located in its C-terminal internal regionSayaka Takahashi
Department of Environmental Life Sciences, Graduate School of Life Sciences, Tohoku University, Sendai, 980 8577, Japan
Plant J 79:951-63. 2014The cyclobutane pyrimidine dimer (CPD), which represents a major type of DNA damage induced by ultraviolet-B (UVB) radiation, is a principal cause of UVB-induced growth inhibition in plants...
- DNA Repair Enzymes for the Prevention of Skin CancerAmanda K McCullough; Fiscal Year: 2013..plan that targets three markets: 1) individuals who are deficient in the normal DNA repair mechanism for CPD removal (conducted under Orphan Drug Status), 2) organ transplant patients who are highly susceptible to frequent, ..
- Hui Xu; Fiscal Year: 2014..We have demonstrated that silymarin has the ability to enhance the removal or repair of CPD+ cells in UV-exposed skin, and inhibits UVB-induced suppression of the contact hypersensitivity response in mice...
- Santosh Kumar Katiyar; Fiscal Year: 2015..Our pilot studies suggest that GSPs have the ability to enhance the removal or repair of CPD+ cells in UV-exposed skin and our preliminary data further indicate that GSPs can act to enhance the removal of ..
- Novel UV-induced DNA lesions as new signature mutations for melanomaJue Judy Liu; Fiscal Year: 2013..cancers by mutating the cellular DNA, currently known UVB-signature mutations from intrastrand pyrimidine dimers (CPD dimers) only account for the less deadly, non-melanoma skin cancers (BCC, SCC)...
- REGULATION OF NEURONAL CALCIUM CHANNELSJEFFRY LANSMAN; Fiscal Year: 2000..Investigations of the ability of the mGluR1 agonist, t-ACPD (1-aminocyclopentane-trans-1,3-dicarboxylic acid) to facilitate or increase a dihydropyridine-sensitive L-type ..
- RADIATION INDUCED CELLULAR MUTAGENESIS AND DNA REPAIRRICHARD BOCKRATH; Fiscal Year: 2001..photolyase that occur without the light that normally energizes monomerization of cyclobutane pyrimidine dimers (CPD), the most stable photo-product produced by ultraviolet radiation in DNA...
- PROCESSING OF UV-INDUCED DNA DAMAGE IN MAMMALIAN CELLS.ERIC MOON SHONG TANG; Fiscal Year: 2004Ultraviolet light induced cyclobutane pyrimidine dimers (CPD) lesions are the major DNA damage that organis have faced during eons of evolution, therefore, it is conceivable that cells may have developed mechanisms to modify CPD to ..
- MECHANISM AND MODELS OF DNA PHOTOLYASEOlaf Wiest; Fiscal Year: 2002..Ultraviolet radiation of DNA causes cell death or skin cancer through formation of cyclobutane pyrimidine dimers (CPD) in the DNA. Many organisms protect their DNA by a light-induced repair mechanism, mediated by DNA photolyase...
- JOHN STEPHEN ADOLFINO TAYLOR; Fiscal Year: 2015..to TT mutations that occur mainly at methylated CpG sites that are also hotspots for cyclobutane pyrimidine dimer (CPD) formation...
- Rajesh Agarwal; Fiscal Year: 2014..We have also found that silibinin lowers UVB-caused DNA damage in terms of cyclobutane pyrimidine dimmer (CPD) positive cells and further enhances p53 protein level in mouse skin epidermal cell, and selectively increases E2F1 ..
- Understanding Sources of Bias and Outcomes in Peritoneal Dialysis Patient ResearcKamyar Kalantar Zadeh; Fiscal Year: 2010..The proportion of individuals with advanced chronic kidney disease who undergo chronic peritoneal dialysis (CPD) treatment, currently <8% of the 400,000 dialysis patients in the USA, has been declining steadily in the past ..
- STRAND-SPECIFICITY OF DNA REPAIR AND UV INDUCED MUTATIONGERALD ADAIR; Fiscal Year: 1999..However, recent findings have raised serious questions concerning the universality of such models. Rapid repair of CPD on both DNA strands of this region is also seen in an APRT promoter-deletion mutant in which there is no ..
- Novel AMPK Activators in Breast Cancer PreventionChing Shih Chen; Fiscal Year: 2012..Our screening of an in-house, thiazolidinedione-based focused compound library identified a lead agent, Cpd 53, that despite lacking PPAR agonist activity, activates AMPK and inhibits LPS-induced IL-6 secretion in THP-1 ..
- Deborah A Finn; Fiscal Year: 2014..by a metabotropic receptor subtype 5 (mGluR5) antagonist, and it upregulated nucleus accumbens (NAc) mGluR5-Homer2-phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase (PI3K) signaling...
- Genetics of Nicotine DependenceWade H Berrettini; Fiscal Year: 2013..A genome-wide association (WGA) study of cigarettes per day (CPD), as a quantitative trait, was conducted with ~ 7500 individuals of European origin...
- Functional characterization of Rho inactivation by Vibro cholerae RTX toxinBRETT L GEISSLER; Fiscal Year: 2010..actin, the Rho-inactivation domain (RID) that is sufficient for inactivating Rho, and the cysteine protease domain (CPD) whose function is unknown...
- Piezoelectric Pipetting for High Density Nucleic Acid Programmable Protein ArraysPETER J WIKTOR; Fiscal Year: 2011..LaBaer's Center for Personalized Diagnostics (CPD), Biodesign Institute, Arizona State University...
- Chemically Interrogating Clostridium difficile Glucosylating Toxin ActivationAimee Shen; Fiscal Year: 2010..I have discovered a unique mechanism of protease activation and delineated a role for a cysteine protease domain (CPD) in autoprocessing a newly recognized family of bacterial toxins...
- PETER J WIKTOR; Fiscal Year: 2014..LaBaer's Center for Personalized Diagnostics (CPD), Biodesign Institute, Arizona State University...
- Roy Alcalay; Fiscal Year: 2016..these signs and symptoms compared to age and gender matched controls from the Center of Parkinson's Disease (CPD) at Columbia University...
- Karen Kathleen Szumlinski; Fiscal Year: 2014..A significant body of functional data from my laboratory demonstrates that alcohol-induced increases in mGluR5/Homer2 pathway activity (via PI3K and PKC[unreadable]) within the nucleus accumbens (NAC) shell as important for the ..
- The Etiology of UV-Induced MelanomaDavid L Mitchell; Fiscal Year: 2010..g., the cyclobutane pyrimidine dimer or CPD) is required for CMM formation and that the ability to repair these lesions plays a significant role in tumor ..
- An Activity-Based Assay to Screen for PRMT1 InhibitorsKerri A Mowen; Fiscal Year: 2013..We have identified a novel PRMT inhibitor (Cpd 4) that disrupts the interaction between PRMT1 and NIP45, resulting in abrogated NFAT-driven transcription...
- Nicole L Nollen; Fiscal Year: 2016..known study to report on the use of varenicline in As, the first to examine varenicline in light smokers (<10 cpd) and among a wide range of smoking levels (3-20 cpd), the first head-to-head study, stratified on race, designed to ..
- Chemically Interrogating Clostridium difficile Glucosylating Toxin ActivationAimee Shen; Fiscal Year: 2013..I have discovered a unique mechanism of protease activation and delineated a role for a cysteine protease domain (CPD) in autoprocessing a newly recognized family of bacterial toxins...
- Paul F Worley; Fiscal Year: 2016..We will use mouse genetic models that delete Homer2 (to reduce Homer crosslinking), or selectively delete the immediate early gene form Homer1a (to increase ..
- Portable pneumatic driver for counterpulsation therapyPaul A Spence; Fiscal Year: 2010DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): SCR, Inc. (Louisville, KY) is developing a chronic implantable CPD system to treat HF patients who may be responsive to long-term counterpulsation support...
- Melinda R Stolley; Fiscal Year: 2015..We have partnered with the Chicago Park District (CPD) to implement the study within six predominantly AA Chicago communities...
- Prefrontal cortex Homer2, glutamate, and cocaine rewardALEXIS ARY; Fiscal Year: 2010..My preliminary research shows that repeated cocaine produces long-lasting increases in prefrontal cortex (PFC) Homer2 expression and using virus-mediated gene transfer approaches, I have shown that mimicking this cocaine effect is ..
- Parent-Focused Intervention to Improve Oral Health in Young ChildrenMATTHEW LOUIS SPELTZ; Fiscal Year: 2012..132 children ages 24 to 60 months and their primary caregivers, recruited from the Center for Pediatric Dentistry (CPD)...
- Contingency Management for Smoking Cessation in the HomelessCarla J Rash; Fiscal Year: 2013..Abbreviations: CM = Contingency management CO = Carbon monoxide CPD = Cigarettes per day LDA = Longest duration of continuous verified abstinence NRT = Nicotine replacement therapy ..
- Counterpulsation Device with Integrated ECG SensingRobert D Dowling; Fiscal Year: 2010..SCR (Louisville, KY) is developing a novel chronic, implantable counterpulsation device (CPD) to treat late stage HF patients...
- Homer-mediated signaling and cocaine addictionKaren Kathleen Szumlinski; Fiscal Year: 2012..Behavioral genetic studies indicated that a cocaine-induced increase in prefrontal cortex (PFC) Homer2 protein levels is sufficient, while a reduction in nucleus accumbens (NAC) Homer2 protein levels is both necessary ..
- NATALIE M STRAIGHT; Fiscal Year: 2014..Recent studies have implicated Homer2 in the regulation of expression, function and localization of excitatory receptors at the postsynaptic membrane as ..
- Janet L Smith; Fiscal Year: 2016..Explore the basis for acyl-ACP cognate enzyme interactions in Bry including ACPD::HMGS, ACPD::KS, and KS::HMGS)...
- UV DAMAGE, REPAIR AND MUTAGENESISGERD PFEIFER; Fiscal Year: 2003..changes the mutational spectra, which photoproduct contributes most to mutagenesis, what the contribution of CPD deamination to UV mutagenicity is, and whether the frequency of UV-specific mutations correlates with photoproduct ..
- Determining the structural basis for the mechanism of catalytic O2 evolution by tGudrun Lukat Rodgers; Fiscal Year: 2010..proceeds through a two-electron oxidized heme intermediate having properties characteristic of compound I (Cpd-I)...
- DMET Genes, Nicotine Metabolism and Prospective AbstinenceANDREW WELLS BERGEN; Fiscal Year: 2013..Nicotine metabolism is associated with the number of cigarettes smoked per day (CPD), how cigarettes are smoked (smoking topography), responsiveness to smoking cessation treatment, and with ..
- Causal Inference in Repeated Observational StudiesBo Lu; Fiscal Year: 2012..3) Some important outcomes, such as consumed cigarettes per day (CPD), have highly right-skewed distribution with a non-trivial portion of zeros...
- A counterpulsation device to promote myocardial recoveryPaul Spence; Fiscal Year: 2006..The counterpulsation device (CPD) is designed to be implanted via a surface operation in the shoulder area (pacemaker pocket) by attaching it to the ..
- Development of a Counterpulsation Therapy DevicePaul Spence; Fiscal Year: 2009..Louisville, KY) has developed a long-term implantable counterpulsation device (CPD) to treat heart failure (HF) patients who may be responsive to a milder form of cardiac assist...
- Portable pneumatic driver for counterpulsation therapyPaul Spence; Fiscal Year: 2007..The system consists of a 32-ml counterpulsation device (CPD) that is designed to be implanted via a surface operation in the shoulder area (pacemaker pocket)...
- Reactivity of Transient Cyt P450 Oxygen IntermediatesJohn Dawson; Fiscal Year: 2009..those involving oxygen: oxy-ferrous, peroxo-ferric, hydroperoxo-ferric, and oxo-iron(IV) [compound I, Cpd I, oxo-iron(IV)porph+]. 2 similar oxo species, compounds II and ES, will also be examined...
- Biochemistry of mismatch-repair responses to DNA lesionsJOHN B contact HAYS; Fiscal Year: 2010..human MMR-recognition proteins hMutS1 and hMutS2, of DNA containing defined cyclobutane-pyrimidine-dimer (CPD) photoproducts or PAH-purine adducts-opposite "matching" or "mismatching" nucleotides...
- Cascade Iodination Pathogen Inactivated PlasmaEdward Shanbrom; Fiscal Year: 2004..donations and any anticoagulant, including citrate, acid citrate dextrose (ACD) and citrate phosphate dextrose (CPD). We propose in Phase I to complete the following specific objectives. 1...
- REPAIR OF UV IRRADIATED DNA--EXCISION GENES OF YEASTSatya Prakash; Fiscal Year: 2000..the efficiency of dual incision of a linear DNA fragment containing a site specific cyclobutane pyrimidine dimer (CPD) will be examined...
- PREDICTING DEPRESSION OUTCOMES IN MEDICALLY ILL ELDERSHarold Koenig; Fiscal Year: 2003Older adults with congestive heart failure (CHF) and chronic pulmonary disease (CPD) are increasing in number...
- BLOOD STORAGE: THE PRODUCTION OF CARDIOTOXIC MATERIALRITA MC CONN; Fiscal Year: 1980To determine whether: a) Transfusion - using fresh or liquid preserved (4C) CPD blood, or various blood components such as plasma protein fraction solutions, albumin, packed red cells, etc...
- Prevention of Photocarcinogenesis by antioxidantSantosh Katiyar; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- Prevention of UV-carcinogenesis by antioxidantSantosh Katiyar; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Quantitative Peptidomics of Food DeprivationLloyd Fricker; Fiscal Year: 2005..The studies in this initial R21 will provide an unbiased survey of neuropeptides that are altered by food deprivation, and which may therefore be involved in regulating food intake and/or body weight. ..
- REGULATION OF NEUROPEPTIDE PROCESSING ENZYMESLloyd Fricker; Fiscal Year: 2002..We will evaluate this possibility using a variety of techniques. Another major emphasis is on carboxypeptidase D (CPD), an enzyme we recently discovered...
- Peptidomics of Cocaine and Amphetamine AbuseLloyd Fricker; Fiscal Year: 2005..Taken together, these studies will provide a better understanding of the regulation of neuropeptides, both known and novel, in drug abuse. ..
- Proanthocyanidins: Novel Skin Cancer Preventive AgentSantosh Katiyar; Fiscal Year: 2006..Prevention of skin cancer risk will result to protect and prolong the human health and lives. ..
- Function of Carboxypeptidase DLloyd Fricker; Fiscal Year: 2008Carboxypeptidase D (CPD) is thought to function in the biosynthetic pathway of proteins that transit the secretory pathway, such as insulin-like growth factor and the insulin receptor...
- Prevention of skin cancer by green tea polyphenolsSantosh Katiyar; Fiscal Year: 2009..Importantly, worldwide interest in green tea as a cancer chemopreventive agent for humans is increasing because it is non-toxic, affordable, popular beverage and is effective in a wide range of organs. ..
- CELL BIOLOGY OF CARBOXYPEPTIDASE DLloyd Fricker; Fiscal Year: 2003..CPE-like enzymes in the secretory pathway of neuroendocrine cells led to our discovery of carboxypeptidase (CPD), an integral membrane protein that contains a 58 residue cytoplasmic C-terminal tail...
- Light Smoking ProgramPeter Gariti; Fiscal Year: 2007..g., withdrawal symptoms, adverse events, weight gain, treatment satisfaction) characteristics of the participants are predictive of treatment response. ..
- Mechanisms of Smoking ReinforcementEric Donny; Fiscal Year: 2006..Given the grave health consequences of tobacco use, further understanding of the role of nicotine in smoking reinforcement is critically important. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Effects of Menthol on Bupropion PharmacokineticsKolawole Okuyemi; Fiscal Year: 2006..Matching will be by age, gender, cigarettes per day smoked (CPD), and body mass index (BMI)...
- Are Some Regular Smokers Resistant to Nicotine Dependence?Eric Donny; Fiscal Year: 2008..Identifying the mechanisms which account for individual differences in nicotine dependence may highlight novel approaches to both prevention and treatment of nicotine addiction. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- mGluR-Homer interactions in excessive drinkingKAREN SZUMLINSKI; Fiscal Year: 2008..Recently, the Group 1 metabotropic glutamate receptor (mGluR)- associated scaffolding protein Homer2 was identified as an active and necessary cellular mediator of alcohol-induced neural plasticity in mice...
- The Organization of Suppression in Human Visual CortexSuzanne McKee; Fiscal Year: 2008..The multidimensional experimental design allows isolation of neural mechanisms utilized by perception, working memory, memory encoding, and recall. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- QUANTITATIVE GENETICS OF OPIATE ADDICTIONWade Berrettini; Fiscal Year: 2004..This may enhance our knowledge of genetic susceptibility to opioid dependence in human populations. ..