Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: HMGB2
Description: high mobility group box 2
Alias: HMG2, high mobility group protein B2, HMG-2, high mobility group protein 2, high-mobility group (nonhistone chromosomal) protein 2
Publications165 found, 100 shown here
- The nonspecific DNA-binding and -bending proteins HMG1 and HMG2 promote the assembly of complex nucleoprotein structuresT T Paull
Molecular Biology Institute, University of California Los Angeles 90024
Genes Dev 7:1521-34. 1993The mammalian high mobility group proteins HMG1 and HMG2 are abundant, chromatin-associated proteins whose cellular function is not known...
- HMGB1 and HMGB2 cell-specifically down-regulate the p53- and p73-dependent sequence-specific transactivation from the human Bax gene promoterMichal Stros
Institute of Biophysics, Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic, Kralovopolska 135, 612 65 Brno, Czech Republic
J Biol Chem 277:7157-64. 2002..Previous reports have shown that architectural DNA-bending/looping chromosomal proteins HMGB1 and HMGB2 (formerly known as HMG1 and HMG2), which function in a number of biological processes including transcription and ..
- Dual binding modes for an HMG domain from human HMGB2 on DNAMicah McCauley
Department of Physics and Center for Interdisciplinary Research on Complex Systems, Northeastern University, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Biophys J 89:353-64. 2005..In the presence of nanomolar concentrations of isolated HMG box A from HMGB2, DNA shows a decrease in its persistence length, where the protein induces an average DNA bend angle of 114 +/- 21 ..
- HMGB binding to DNA: single and double box motifsMicah J McCauley
Department of Physics, Northeastern University, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Mol Biol 374:993-1004. 2007..used to extend double-stranded DNA (dsDNA) in the absence as well as presence of a single box derivative of human HMGB2 [HMGB2(box A)] and a double box derivative of rat HMGB1 [HMGB1(box A+box B)]...
- Enhancement of DNA flexibility in vitro and in vivo by HMGB box A proteins carrying box B residuesNadia T Sebastian
Department of Chemistry, Creighton University, 2500 California Place, Omaha, Nebraska 68178, USA
Biochemistry 48:2125-34. 2009..in vitro and Escherichia coli DNA looping assays in vivo that an isolated HMG box A domain derived from human HMGB2 folds poorly and does not enhance apparent DNA flexibility...
- Association of chromatin proteins high mobility group box (HMGB) 1 and HMGB2 with mitotic chromosomesCoralie Pallier
Unité de virologie, Service de Bacteriologie Virologie, Hopital de Bicetre, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, 94275 Le Kremlin Bicetre, France
Mol Biol Cell 14:3414-26. 2003..e., free and associated with the condensed chromatin, which rapidly exchange. A detailed analysis of HMGB2 interaction with mitotic chromosomes indicated that two sites encompassing HMG-box A and B are responsible for ..
- Conformational difference in HMGB1 proteins of human neutrophils and lymphocytes revealed by epitope mapping of a monoclonal antibodyIchiaki Ito
Department of Biological Science and Technology, Science University of Tokyo, 2641 Yamazaki, Noda 278 8510
J Biochem 136:155-62. 2004HMGB1 and HMGB2 are abundant nonhistone chromosomal proteins in eukaryotic organisms. Their respective primary sequences are highly conserved...
- HMG-box domain stimulation of RAG1/2 cleavage activity is metal ion dependentAleksei N Kriatchko
Department of Medical Microbiology and Immunology, Creighton University Medical Center, 2500 California Plaza, Omaha, NE, USA
BMC Mol Biol 9:32. 2008..cleavage in vitro, these activities are stimulated by the architectural DNA binding and bending factors HMGB1 and HMGB2. Two previous studies (Bergeron et al., 2005, and Dai et al...
- Chromosomal high mobility group (HMG) proteins of the HMGB-type occurring in the moss Physcomitrella patensBruno Kiilerich
Department of Life Sciences, Aalborg University, Sohngaardsholmsvej 49, DK 9000 Aalborg, Denmark
Gene 407:86-97. 2008..The structurally similar HMGB2 and HMGB3 proteins display the typical overall structure of higher plant HMGB proteins consisting of a central HMG-..
- Retroposed copies of the HMG genes: a window to genome dynamicsLiora Z Strichman-Almashanu
Computational Biology Branch, National Center for Biotechnology Information, National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20894, USA
Genome Res 13:800-12. 2003..among the HMGs was not even, with 33-65 each for HMGB1, HMGB3, HMGN1, and HMGN2, and 0-6 each for HMGA1, HMGA2, HMGB2, and HMGN3...
- Chromatin protein HMGB2 regulates articular cartilage surface maintenance via beta-catenin pathwayNoboru Taniguchi
Department of Arthritis Research, The Scripps Research Institute, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106:16817-22. 2009..HMGB) protein 2 is restricted to the SZ in articular cartilage suggesting a transcriptional regulation involving HMGB2 in SZ...
- Determinants of HMGB proteins required to promote RAG1/2-recombination signal sequence complex assembly and catalysis during V(D)J recombinationYan Dai
Department of Molecular Biology, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
Mol Cell Biol 25:4413-25. 2005..are competent for V(D)J cleavage requires the presence of the nonspecific DNA binding and bending protein HMGB1 or HMGB2. We find that either of the two minimal DNA binding domains of HMGB1 is effective in assembling RAG1/2-RSS ..
- Fluorescence resonance energy transfer analysis of recombination signal sequence configuration in the RAG1/2 synaptic complexMihai Ciubotaru
Howard Hughes Medical Institute and Department of Immunibiology, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06520 8011, USA
Mol Cell Biol 27:4745-58. 2007..FRET requires an appropriate 12/23 RSS pair, a divalent metal ion, and high-mobility-group protein HMGB1 or HMGB2. Energy transfer between the RSSs was detected with all 12/23 RSS end positions of the fluorescent probes but was ..
- Expression of human papillomavirus type 16 E7 oncoprotein alters keratinocytes expression profile in response to tumor necrosis factor-alphaEnrique Boccardo
Virology Group, Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research, São Paulo 01323 903, Brazil
Carcinogenesis 31:521-31. 2010..Differential expression of TCN1 (transcobalamin I), IFI44 (Interferon-induced protein 44), HMGB2 (high-mobility group box 2) and FUS [Fusion (involved in t(12;16) in malignant liposarcoma)] among other genes ..
- SET complex in serous epithelial ovarian cancerVeronique Ouellet
Centre de recherche du centre hospitalier de l Université de Montréal CHUM, Institut du Cancer de Montreal, Montreal, Canada
Int J Cancer 119:2119-26. 2006..In this analysis, 4 out of 5 members of the SET complex, SET, APE1, NM23 and HMGB2, were highly expressed in invasive grade 3 tumors...
- Synapsis of recombination signal sequences located in cis and DNA underwinding in V(D)J recombinationMihai Ciubotaru
Section of Immunobiology, Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Yale University School of Medicine, 300 Cedar St, TAC S625, New Haven, CT 06510
Mol Cell Biol 24:8727-44. 2004..signal sequences (RSSs) by the RAG1 and RAG2 proteins, aided by a high-mobility group protein, HMG1 or HMG2. Double-strand DNA cleavage within this synaptic, or paired, complex is thought to involve DNA distortion or ..
- DNA bending induced by high mobility group proteins studied by fluorescence resonance energy transferM Lorenz
Institute for Molecular Biotechnology, Jena, Germany
Biochemistry 38:12150-8. 1999The HMG domains of the chromosomal high mobility group proteins homologous to the vertebrate HMG1 and HMG2 proteins preferentially recognize distorted DNA structures. DNA binding also induces a substantial bend...
- A model to identify novel targets involved in oxidative stress-induced apoptosis in human lung epithelial cells by RNA interferenceWilliam E Wixted
Respiratory Center for Excellence in Drug Discovery, GlaxoSmithKline R and D, King of Prussia, PA 19406, USA
Toxicol In Vitro 24:310-8. 2010..g. unfolded protein response, proteosomal activity) and targets (e.g. MAP3K14, HMGB2) that regulate the response of lung epithelial cells to oxidative stress...
- Cloning and characterization of the gene encoding 3-hydroxy-3-methylglutaryl coenzyme A reductase in melon (Cucumis melo L. reticulatus)S Kato-Emori
Plant Biotechnology Institute, Ibaraki Agricultural Center, Iwama, Japan
Mol Genet Genomics 265:135-42. 2001..Database searches revealed that Cm-HMGR shows homology to HMG1 (63.7%) and HMG2 (70.3%) of tomato, to HMG1 (77.2%) and HMG2 (69.4%) of Arabidopsis thaliana, and to HMGR of tobacco (72.6%)...
- Microarray analysis of the effect of diesel exhaust particles on in vitro cultured macrophagesGeert R Verheyen
Centre of Expertise in Environmental Toxicology, Flemish Institute for Technological Research VITO, Boeretang 200, B 2400 Mol, Belgium
Toxicol In Vitro 18:377-91. 2004..SEC6, TNFRSF1B, LPXN, LOC51093 and BTG2) are upregulated and seven (PRDX1, CD36, PRKACB, BBOX1, CLK1, STMN1, and HMGB2) are downregulated at both time-points...
- Expression of a defense-related 3-hydroxy-3-methylglutaryl CoA reductase gene in response to parasitization by Orobanche sppJ H Westwood
Department of Plant Pathology, Physiology and Weed Science, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, Blacksburg 24061 0331, USA
Mol Plant Microbe Interact 11:530-6. 1998..We have demonstrated that parasitization by Orobanche induces expression of hmg2, a defense-related isogene of 3-hydroxy-3-methylglutaryl CoA reductase (HMGR) in tobacco...
- Investigating the effects of statins on cellular lipid metabolism using a yeast expression systemAgata Leszczynska
Institute of Biochemistry and Biophysics PAS, Polish Academy of Sciences, Warsaw, Poland
PLoS ONE 4:e8499. 2009..Using a yeast strain with deletions of both HMG1 and HMG2 genes (i.e...
- The promoter for tomato 3-hydroxy-3-methylglutaryl coenzyme A reductase gene 2 has unusual regulatory elements that direct high-level expressionN D Daraselia
University of Illinois at Chicago, Laboratory for Molecular Biology 60607, USA
Plant Physiol 112:727-33. 1996The promoter region of tomato (Lycopersicon esculentum) 3-hydroxy-3-methylglutaryl coenzyme A reductase gene 2 (HMG2) has been analyzed using the transient expression of HMG2-luciferase fusions in red fruit pericarp...
- Hmg4, a new member of the Hmg1/2 gene familyT Vaccari
DIBIT, San Raffaele Scientific Institute, Milan, Italy
Genomics 49:247-52. 1998..The members of one such family, HMG1 and HMG2, are ubiquitously expressed and facilitate the formation of nucleoprotein complexes where the DNA is sharply bent...
- Hmg-coA reductase gene family in cotton (Gossypium hirsutum L.): unique structural features and differential expression of hmg2 potentially associated with synthesis of specific isoprenoids in developing embryosL L Loguercio
Department of Agronomy and Range Science, University of California, Davis 95616, USA
Plant Cell Physiol 40:750-61. 1999..that accumulate in specialized pigment glands of cotton at the molecular level, two full-length genes (hmg1 and hmg2) were characterized encoding hmg-coA reductase (HMGR; EC 1.1.1...
- Involvement of HMGB1 and HMGB2 proteins in exogenous DNA integration reaction into the genome of HeLa S3 cellsTetsuya Ueda
Department of Biological Science and Technology, Science University of Tokyo, 2641 Yamazaki, Noda, Chiba 278 8510, Japan
Biochim Biophys Acta 1593:77-84. 2002High mobility group 1 and 2 proteins (HMGB1 and HMGB2) are abundant chromosomal proteins in eukaryotic cells. We examined the involvement of HMGB1 and HMGB2 in nonhomologous illegitimate recombination...
- High mobility group protein 1 (HMGB1) quantified by ELISA with a monoclonal antibody that does not cross-react with HMGB2Shingo Yamada
Central Institute, Shino Test Corporation, Sagamihara, Kanagawa 229 0011, Japan
Clin Chem 49:1535-7. 2003
- Evolution and expression of the amphioxus AmphiHMGB gene encoding an HMG-box proteinZhenhui Liu
Department of Marine Biology, Ocean University of China, Qingdao 266003, PR China
Comp Biochem Physiol B Biochem Mol Biol 137:131-8. 2004..phylogenetic analysis suggests that AmphiHMGB represents the archetype of chordate HMGB genes including HMGB1, HMGB2 and HMGB3 although it may have lost its C-terminal domain during evolution...
- Mitochondrial localization of the mevalonate pathway enzyme 3-Hydroxy-3-methyl-glutaryl-CoA reductase in the TrypanosomatidaeJavier Pena-Diaz
Instituto de Parasitologia y Biomedicina Lopez Neyra, Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Cientificas, 18001 Granada, Spain
Mol Biol Cell 15:1356-63. 2004..Thus, when the gene encoding T. cruzi HMGR was expressed in a hmg1 hmg2 mutant of Saccharomyces cerevisiae, the mevalonate auxotrophy of mutant cells was relieved, and immunoelectron ..
- Loss of function of 3-hydroxy-3-methylglutaryl coenzyme A reductase 1 (HMG1) in Arabidopsis leads to dwarfing, early senescence and male sterility, and reduced sterol levelsMasashi Suzuki
Plant Science Center, RIKEN, Tsurumi ku, Yokohama, Kanagawa 230 0045, Japan
Plant J 37:750-61. 2004..To understand the contribution of HMGR to plant development, we isolated T-DNA insertion mutants for HMG1 and HMG2. The hmg1 and hmg2 mutants were both more sensitive than the wild type (WT) to lovastatin, an inhibitor of HMGR...
- Contributions of high mobility group box protein in experimental and clinical acute lung injuryHiroshi Ueno
Department of Intensive Care and Anesthesiology, Kyoto Prefectural University of Medicine, Kamigyo ku, Kyoto 602 8566, Japan
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 170:1310-6. 2004..Lung instillation of HMGB2 did not cause as much inflammation as HMGB1...
- Access to exercise and its relation to cardiovascular health and gene expression in laboratory animalsNatalie B Schweitzer
Department of Zoology, Miami University, Oxford, OH 45056, USA
Life Sci 77:2246-61. 2005..Mean gene expressions for Gja1, Fdft1, Edn1, Cd36, and Hmgb2 differed in animals according to access to physical activity...
- Synergistic functions of SII and p300 in productive activator-dependent transcription of chromatin templatesMohamed Guermah
Laboratory of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, The Rockefeller University, 1230 York Avenue, New York, NY 10021, USA
Cell 125:275-86. 2006..The purification of CTEA also identified HMGB2 as a coactivator that, while inactive on its own, enhances SII and p300 functions.
- Chemical phenotypes of the hmg1 and hmg2 mutants of Arabidopsis demonstrate the in-planta role of HMG-CoA reductase in triterpene biosynthesisKiyoshi Ohyama
RIKEN Plant Science Center, Yokohama, Kanagawa, Japan
Chem Pharm Bull (Tokyo) 55:1518-21. 2007..We have previously isolated Arabidopsis mutants in HMG1 and HMG2. Although the biochemical function of HMGR2 has been thought to be almost equal to that of HMGR1, based on ..
- A proteasomal ATPase contributes to dislocation of endoplasmic reticulum-associated degradation (ERAD) substratesCarni Lipson
Department of Biochemistry, George S Wise Faculty of Life Sciences, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv 69978, Israel
J Biol Chem 283:7166-75. 2008..ERAD of two substrates, luminal CPY*-HA and membrane 6myc-Hmg2, is inhibited only in rpt4R and rpt2RF mutants...
- [Analysis of cytogenetic abnormalities in squamous cell carcinoma by array comparative genomic hybridization]R Salgado
Servicio de Anatomía Patológica Laboratorio de Citogenética y Biología Molecular Hospital del Mar Barcelona España
Actas Dermosifiliogr 99:199-206. 2008..The aim of this study was to analyze the presence of genetic abnormalities in a series of patients with SCC using the technique of array CGH...
- High mobility group B2 is secreted by myeloid cells and has mitogenic and chemoattractant activities similar to high mobility group B1Tobias Pusterla
San Raffaele Scientific Institute, Via Olgettina 58, 20132, Milan, Italy
Autoimmunity 42:308-10. 2009..HMGB1 can be actively secreted by inflammatory cells. Here, we report that also HMGB2 can be secreted by THP-1 cells, and promotes proliferation and migration of endothelial cells...
- High-mobility group protein HMGB2 regulates human erythroid differentiation through trans-activation of GFI1B transcriptionBenoit Laurent
Institut Cochin, Universite Paris Descartes, Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique CNRS Unité Mixte de Recherche UMR 8104, Paris, France
Blood 115:687-95. 2010..We here identify HMGB2, a high-mobility group HMG protein, as a key regulator of GFI1B transcription...
- Observations on squalene accumulation in Saccharomyces cerevisiae due to the manipulation of HMG2 and ERG6Fani Mantzouridou
School of Chemistry, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Thessaloniki, Greece
FEMS Yeast Res 10:699-707. 2010The constructed strains AM63, having an extra copy of the HMG2 gene with a K6R stabilizing mutation in Hmg2p expressed under the control of the inducible galactose promoter and stably integrated into the chromosomal HO locus, and AM64, a ..
- HMGB1 gene knockout in mouse embryonic fibroblasts results in reduced telomerase activity and telomere dysfunctionEva Polanská
Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic, Institute of Biophysics, Brno, Czech Republic
Chromosoma 121:419-31. 2012..Interestingly, knockout of the HMGB2 gene elevates telomerase activity (~3-fold) in MEFs, suggesting that the two closely related proteins of the HMGB ..
- Identification of regulators of the innate immune response to cytosolic DNA and retroviral infection by an integrative approachMark N Lee
Broad Institute of MIT and Harvard, Cambridge, Massachusetts, USA
Nat Immunol 14:179-85. 2013..We identified ABCF1 as a critical protein that associates with dsDNA and the DNA-sensing components HMGB2 and IFI204...
- Overexpression of high mobility group box 1 and 2 is associated with the progression and angiogenesis of human bladder carcinomaWei Wang
Institute of Urology, Huashan Hospital, Fudan University, Shanghai 200040, P R China
Oncol Lett 5:884-888. 2013High mobility group box 1 (HMGB1) and HMGB2 overexpression has been observed in several human tumor types, and is involved in cancer progression and prognosis...
- Loss of Endometrial Plasticity in Recurrent Pregnancy LossEmma S Lucas
Division of Reproductive Health, Clinical Science Research Laboratories, Warwick Medical School, University of Warwick, Coventry, England, United Kingdom
Stem Cells 34:346-56. 2016..features also correlated with intragenic CpG hypomethylation and reduced expression of HMGB2, coding high mobility group protein 2. We show that knockdown of this sequence-independent chromatin protein in HESCs promotes senescence ..
- A core viral protein binds host nucleosomes to sequester immune danger signalsDaphne C Avgousti
Nature 535:173-7. 2016..and sufficient for retention in the chromatin of members of the high-mobility-group protein B family (HMGB1, HMGB2 and HMGB3)...
- Nonhistone proteins HMG1 and HMG2 unwind DNA double helixK Javaherian
Nucleic Acids Res 6:3569-80. 1979In a previous communication we have shown that both HMG1 and HMG2 nonhistone proteins change the DNA helical structure and the binding of HMG1 and HMG2 to DNA induces a net unwinding equivalent of DNA double helix (Javaherian, K., Liu, L...
- Isolation of a chicken HMG2 cDNA clone and evidence for an HMG2-specific 3'-untranslated regionD L Davis
Institute for Cancer Research, Fox Chase Cancer Center, Philadelphia, PA 19111
Gene 113:251-6. 1992HMG1 and HMG2 (high-mobility group proteins) are two of the most abundant nonhistone chromosomal proteins in higher eukaryotes...
- A gene from the human sex-determining region encodes a protein with homology to a conserved DNA-binding motifA H Sinclair
Human Molecular Genetics Laboratory, Imperial Cancer Research Fund, Lincoln s Inn Fields, London, UK
Nature 346:240-4. 1990..pombe and a conserved DNA-binding motif present in the nuclear high-mobility-group proteins HMG1 and HMG2. This gene has been termed SRY (for sex-determining region Y) and proposed to be a candidate for the elusive testis-..
- Primary structure of non-histone protein HMG1 revealed by the nucleotide sequenceK Tsuda
Department of Agricultural Chemistry, Tohoku University, Sendai, Japan
Biochemistry 27:6159-63. 1988..The predicted amino acid sequence is homologous to HMG1, HMG2, and HMG-T sequences from several sources, suggesting that the protein conformation is under evolutionary ..
- Repression of cell cycle progression by antisense HMG2 RNAF Yamazaki
Department of Biological Science and Technology, Science University of Tokyo, Chiba, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 210:1045-51. 1995The expression level of the HMG2 gene during the cell cycle of rat fibroblast cell lines was analyzed...
- The N-terminal domain of tomato 3-hydroxy-3-methylglutaryl-CoA reductases. Sequence, microsomal targeting, and glycosylationC J Denbow
Department of Plant Pathology, Physiology, and Weed Science, Virginia Polytechnic Institute, Blacksburg, Virginia 24061, USA
J Biol Chem 271:9710-5. 1996..The membrane domain structures of two differentially regulated tomato HMGR isoforms, HMG1 and HMG2, were analyzed using in vitro transcription and translation systems...
- Abundance of mRNAs encoding HMG1/HMG2 class high-mobility-group DNA-binding proteins are differentially regulated in cotyledons of Pharbitis nilS D O'Neill
Division of Biological Sciences, University of California at Davis, 95616, USA
Plant Mol Biol 37:235-41. 1998..A second Pharbitis nil HMG cDNA (HMG2) was characterized...
- Transcription factor Y-box binding protein 1 binds preferentially to cisplatin-modified DNA and interacts with proliferating cell nuclear antigenT Ise
Department of Molecular Biology, University of Occupational and Environmental Health, Japan School of Medicine, Kitakyushu Fukuoka
Cancer Res 59:342-6. 1999..more strongly to cisplatin-modified oligonucleotides, as did GST fusion proteins of high mobility group 1 (HMG1), HMG2, and xeroderma pigmentosum group A protein...
- Reduced fertility and spermatogenesis defects in mice lacking chromosomal protein Hmgb2L Ronfani
DIBIT, Istituto Scientifico San Raffaele, Via Olgettina 58, Italy
Development 128:1265-73. 2001High mobility group 2 protein (Hmgb2) is a member of the HMGB protein family, which includes the ubiquitous Hmgb1 and the embryo-specific Hmgb3...
- Molecular evolution of Sry and Sox geneK Nagai
Tokyo Medical University, Department of Biochemistry, 160 8402, Tokyo, Japan
Gene 270:161-9. 2001..They diverged into two subgroups: one contains HMG14 and HMG17, and the other one contains HMG1 and HMG2 with various other genes...
- Molecular characterization of three 3-hydroxy-3-methylglutaryl-CoA reductase genes including pathogen-induced Hmg2 from pepper (Capsicum annuum)Sun Hwa Ha
Division of Metabolic Engineering, National Institute of Agricultural Biotechnology, RDA, 441 707, Suwon, South Korea
Biochim Biophys Acta 1625:253-60. 2003..cv. NocKwang) and the HMGR2 gene (Hmg2) was especially obtained from a cDNA library constructed with Phytophthora capsici-infected pepper root RNAs...
- Global gene profiling analysis of mouse uterus during the oestrous cycleY F Tan
State Key Laboratory of Reproductive Biology, Institute of Zoology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing 100080, China
Reproduction 126:171-82. 2003..proline-rich protein 2 (Sprr2), 17beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase type 2 (17betaHSD-2), high mobility group 2 (Hmg2), mitotic checkpoint component 2 (Mad2) and an EST AW555366 mRNA were consistent with that of microarray analysis...
- Recombinant derivatives of the human high-mobility group protein HMGB2 mediate efficient nonviral gene deliveryArjen Sloots
Chemotherapeutisches Forschungsinstitut, Georg Speyer Haus, Frankfurt am Main, Germany
FEBS J 272:4221-36. 2005..Here we have generated recombinant derivatives of the human high-mobility group (HMG) protein HMGB2 and investigated their potential as novel protein-based transfection reagents...
- A peptide from insects protects transgenic tobacco from a parasitic weedNoureddine Hamamouch
Virginia Tech, Department of Plant Pathology, Phlysiology, and Weed Science, Blacksburg VA 24061, USA
Transgenic Res 14:227-36. 2005..The sarcotoxin IA gene was fused to an Orobanche-inducible promoter, HMG2, which is induced locally in the host root at the point of contact with the parasite, and used to transform tobacco...
- New high mobility group box 1 assay systemShingo Yamada
Central Institute, Shino Test Corporation, Japan
Clin Chim Acta 372:173-8. 2006..HMGB1 (high mobility group box 1) protein has been shown to play a critical role in several inflammatory diseases and it may be involved in the development of atherosclerosis...
- Gonadotropin-regulated testicular RNA helicase (GRTH/Ddx25) is a transport protein involved in gene-specific mRNA export and protein translation during spermatogenesisYi Sheng
Section on Molecular Endocrinology, Endocrinology and Reproduction Research Branch, NICHD, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892 4510, USA
J Biol Chem 281:35048-56. 2006..GRTH selectively regulated the translation of specific genes including histone 4 and HMG2 in germ cells...
- Temporal expression of transcripts related to embryo quality in bovine embryos cultured from the two-cell to blastocyst stage in vitro or in vivoDeirdre Corcoran
School of Agriculture, Food Science and Veterinary Medicine, Conway Institute for Biomolecular and Biomedical Research, College of Life Sciences, University College Dublin, Belfield, Dublin, Ireland
Mol Reprod Dev 74:972-7. 2007..Analysis of relative transcript abundance for FOXO3A, EEF1G, HMG2, and REA was performed using quantitative real-time PCR...
- Eukaryotic HMGB proteins as replacements for HU in E. coli repression loop formationNicole A Becker
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, 200 First St SW, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Nucleic Acids Res 36:4009-21. 2008..coli expressing normal levels of HU protein. Nhp6A-induced changes in the DNA length-dependence of repression efficiency suggest that Nhp6A alters DNA twist in vivo. In contrast, human HMGB2-box A derivatives did not rescue looping.
- Functional expression of human HMG-CoA reductase in Saccharomyces cerevisiae: a system to analyse normal and mutated versions of the enzyme in the context of statin treatmentM Wysocka-Kapcinska
Institute of Biochemistry and Biophysics, Polish Academy of Sciences, Warsaw, Poland
J Appl Microbiol 106:895-902. 2009..In this paper, we present a Saccharomyces cerevisiae expression system, which enables quick evaluation of the sensitivity of the wild-type and/or mutant forms of human HMG-CoA reductase towards statins or other drugs...
- Complete blockage of the mevalonate pathway results in male gametophyte lethalityMasashi Suzuki
RIKEN Plant Science Center, 1 7 22 Suehiro cho, Tsurumi ku, Yokohama, Kanagawa, 230 0045, Japan
J Exp Bot 60:2055-64. 2009..Previously, Arabidopsis mutants for HMG1 and HMG2 encoding HMG-CoA reductase (HMGR) were isolated...
- Nucleocytoplasmic distribution of the Arabidopsis chromatin-associated HMGB2/3 and HMGB4 proteinsDorthe S Pedersen
Department of Life Sciences, Aalborg University, DK 9000 Aalborg, Denmark
Plant Physiol 154:1831-41. 2010..green fluorescent protein, we have examined the subcellular localization of the Arabidopsis (Arabidopsis thaliana) HMGB2/3 and HMGB4 proteins, revealing that, in addition to a prominent nuclear localization, they can be detected also ..
- High-mobility group box 2 (HMGB2) modulates radioresponse and is downregulated by p53 in colorectal cancer cellYoung Joo Shin
Department of Radiation Oncology, Sanggye Paik Hospital, Inje University, Seoul, Republic of Korea
Cancer Biol Ther 14:213-21. 2013Overexpression of high-mobility group box 2 (HMGB2) is recently reported in several malignant cancers and was correlated with poor response to preoperative chemoradiotherapy of colorectal cancer patients...
- Characterization of spermatogonial markers in the mature testis of the dogfish (Scyliorhinus canicula L.)Adrien Bosseboeuf
Normandie University, Caen, France
Reproduction 147:125-39. 2014..by phylogenetic analyses for gfrα1, plzf, pou2, as well as for high-mobility group box proteins 2 and 3 (hmgb2 and 3) and for mini-chromosome maintenance protein 6 (mcm6)...
- Cloning and expression analysis of a novel high-mobility group box 2 homologue from Lampetra japonicaPang Yue
Institute of Marine Genomics and Proteomics, Liaoning Normal University, Dalian, China
Fish Physiol Biochem 40:625-34. 2014High-mobility group box 2 (HMGB2) is a nonhistone architectural protein that plays important roles in many biological processes. In this study, we cloned a homologue of the HMGB2 from the lymphocyte-like cells of Lampetra japonica (L...
- Transcriptome analysis of glioma cells for the dynamic response to γ-irradiation and dual regulation of apoptosis genes: a new insight into radiotherapy for glioblastomasH Ma
School of Life Science, Beijing Institute of Technology, Beijing 100081, China
Cell Death Dis 4:e895. 2013..Moreover, HMGB1, HMGB2 and TOP2A involved in the positive regulation of DNA fragmentation during apoptosis showed early continual ..
- Screening for transcription factors and their regulatory small molecules involved in regulating the functions of CL1-5 cancer cells under the effects of macrophage-conditioned mediumDongbo Xue
Department of Surgery, The First Affiliated Hospital of Harbin Medical University, Harbin, Heilongjiang 150001, P R China
Oncol Rep 31:1323-33. 2014..Five differentially expressed transcription factors were identified, EIF2B4, EIF2B5, JUNB, GNG11 and HMGB2, which were all related to 'stress' and 'responses'...
- Aberrant neural stem cell proliferation and increased adult neurogenesis in mice lacking chromatin protein HMGB2Ariel B Abraham
Program in Molecular and Cellular Pharmacology, Stony Brook University, Stony Brook, New York, United States of America The Medical Scientist Training Program, Stony Brook University, Stony Brook, New York, United States of America Department of Pharmacological Sciences, Stony Brook University, Stony Brook, New York, United States of America
PLoS ONE 8:e84838. 2013..Among them HMGB2 was found to be dynamically expressed in proliferating and differentiating NSCs, suggesting that it may regulate ..
- Genomic analysis and differential expression of HMG and S100A family in human arthritis: upregulated expression of chemokines, IL-8 and nitric oxide by HMGB1Ashok R Amin
1 Department of Bio Medical Engineering, Virginia Tech and Virginia College of Osteopathic Medicine, RheuMatrix, Inc, Blacksburg, Virginia
DNA Cell Biol 33:550-65. 2014..b>HMGB2 was down-regulated in human OA-affected cartilage...
- The combination of a nuclear HMGB1-positive and HMGB2-negative expression is potentially associated with a shortened survival in patients with pancreatic ductal adenocarcinomaToru Takeda
Department of Health Policy and Management, Institute of Industrial Ecological Sciences, University of Occupational and Environmental Health, Kitakyushu, 807 8555, Japan
Tumour Biol 35:10555-69. 2014..Both HMGB1 and HMGB2 exhibit a high expression in several human cancers and are closely associated with tumor progression and a poor ..
- A small molecule binding HMGB1 and HMGB2 inhibits microglia-mediated neuroinflammationSanghee Lee
Department of Chemistry, Seoul National University, Seoul, Korea
Nat Chem Biol 10:1055-60. 2014..Our study reveals that ICM suppresses microglia-mediated inflammation and exerts a neuroprotective effect, demonstrating the therapeutic potential of ICM in neuroinflammatory diseases. ..
- Disruption of Parasite hmgb2 Gene Attenuates Plasmodium berghei ANKA PathogenicitySylvie Briquet
Sorbonne Universités, Centre d Immunologie et des Maladies Infectieuses CIMI Paris, Paris, France INSERM, U1135, CIMI Paris, Paris, France CNRS, ERL 8255, CIMI Paris, Paris, France
Infect Immun 83:2771-84. 2015..We found that the Plasmodium genome encodes two genuine HMGB factors, Plasmodium HMGB1 and HMGB2, that encompass, like their human counterparts, a proinflammatory domain...
- Regulation of expression of venom toxins: silencing of prothrombin activator trocarin D by AG-rich motifsSummer Xia Han
Department of Biological Sciences, National University of Singapore, Singapore
FASEB J 30:2411-25. 2016..All except the 5th motif are important for silencing function. YY1, Sp3 and HMGB2 were identified to bind these AG-rich motifs and silence gene expression in mammalian cells...
- HMGB2 regulates satellite-cell-mediated skeletal muscle regeneration through IGF2BP2Xingyu Zhou
State Key Laboratory of Biocontrol, School of Life Sciences, Sun Yat Sen University, Guangzhou 510006, China
J Cell Sci 129:4305-4316. 2016..Here, we identified HMGB2 as an essential nuclear transcriptional co-regulator in myogenesis...
- ASSOCIATION OF SERUM HMGB2 LEVEL WITH MACE AT 1 MONTH OF MYOCARDIAL INFARCTION: AGGRAVATION OF MYOCARDIAL ISCHEMIC INJURY IN RAT BY HMGB2 VIA ROSZhu Hui Liu
Rui Jin Hospital, Shanghai Jiaotong University School of Medicine
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol . 2016High-mobility group box (HMGB) family is related to inflammatory diseases. We investigated whether serum HMGB2 levels are related to myocardial infarction (MI) severity and major adverse cardiac events (MACE) during MI.
- High-mobility group chromatin proteins 1 and 2 functionally interact with steroid hormone receptors to enhance their DNA binding in vitro and transcriptional activity in mammalian cellsV Boonyaratanakornkit
Department of Pathology and Molecular Biology Program, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, Colorado 80262, USA
Mol Cell Biol 18:4471-87. 1998....
- PABPN1 overexpression leads to upregulation of genes encoding nuclear proteins that are sequestered in oculopharyngeal muscular dystrophy nuclear inclusionsLouis Philippe Corbeil-Girard
Laboratoire de Neurogénétique, Centre de Recherche du CHUM, Universite de Montreal, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H2L 4M1
Neurobiol Dis 18:551-67. 2005..nuclear proteins encoded by eight upregulated genes colocalize with PABPN1 within the INIs: CUGBP1, SFRS3, FKBP1A, HMG2, HNRPA1, PRC1, S100P, and HSP70. In addition, CUGBP1, SFRS3, and FKBP1A were also found in OPMD muscle INIs...
- Quantitative analysis of the chromatin proteome in disease reveals remodeling principles and identifies high mobility group protein B2 as a regulator of hypertrophic growthSarah Franklin
Department of Anesthesiology, David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California, Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California 90095, USA
Mol Cell Proteomics 11:M111.014258. 2012..RNA-mediated loss-of-function in isolated cells, we demonstrate that the non-histone chromatin structural protein HMGB2 (but not HMGB1) suppresses pathologic cell growth in vivo and controls a gene expression program responsible for ..
- Live-cell imaging reveals multiple interactions between Epstein-Barr virus nuclear antigen 1 and cellular chromatin during interphase and mitosisNathalie Jourdan
UPMC Universite Paris 6, UMRS 872, Paris, France
J Virol 86:5314-29. 2012..We also performed a yeast double-hybrid screening, followed by a FRET analysis, that led us to identify HMGB2 (high-mobility group box 2), a well-known chromatin component, as a new partner for EBNA-1 on chromatin during ..
- High-mobility group boxes mediate cell proliferation and radiosensitivity via retinoblastoma-interaction-dependent and -independent mechanismsLi Li Wang
Department of Radiotherapy, The First Affiliated Hospital of Soochow University, Suzhou, China
Cancer Biother Radiopharm 27:329-35. 2012..In this study, we have demonstrated that like HMGB1, HMGB2-3 also associated with the RB in vitro and in vivo, as evidenced by glutathione-s-transferase capture and ..
- HMGB1 protein binds to influenza virus nucleoprotein and promotes viral replicationDorothée Moisy
Institut Pasteur, Unité de Génétique Moléculaire des Virus à ARN, Departement de Virologie, Paris, France
J Virol 86:9122-33. 2012..HMGB1 and HMGB2 bind directly to the purified NP in the absence of viral RNA, and the HMG box A domain is sufficient to bind the ..
- Positive genetic interactors of HMG2 identify a new set of genetic perturbations for improving sesquiterpene production in Saccharomyces cerevisiaeCodruta Ignea
Centre International de Hautes Etudes Agronomiques Méditerranéennes, Mediterranean Agronomic Institute of Chania, Chania 73100, Greece
Microb Cell Fact 11:162. 2012..Due to their industrial application, there is increasing interest in the development of S. cerevisiae strains capable of producing high levels of terpenoids...
- Oct4 interaction with Hmgb2 regulates Akt signaling and pluripotencyPearl A Campbell
Sprott Centre for Stem Cell Research, Ottawa Hospital Research Institute, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Stem Cells 31:1107-20. 2013..modifications (PTMs) form a positive feedback loop, which promotes Akt activation and interaction with Hmgb2 and the SET complex...
- High mobility group B proteins facilitate strong estrogen receptor binding to classical and half-site estrogen response elements and relax binding selectivityDweepanita Das
Department of Chemistry, Bowling Green State University, Overman Hall, Bowling Green, Ohio 43403, USA
Mol Endocrinol 18:2616-32. 2004..We examined the effect of the coactivator proteins, HMGB1 and HMGB2, in enhancing ER binding affinity to single and tandem EREs...
- High-resolution mapping of genomic imbalance and identification of gene expression profiles associated with differential chemotherapy response in serous epithelial ovarian cancerMarcus Bernardini
Ontario Cancer Institute, Princess Margaret Hospital, University Health Network, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Neoplasia 7:603-13. 2005..Within this group, five genes (GAPD, HMGB2, HSC70, GRP58, and HMGB1), previously shown to form a nuclear complex associated with resistance to DNA ..
- Gene expression profiling of a clonal isolate of oxaliplatin-resistant ovarian carcinoma cell line A2780/C10Rama R Varma
Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Buffalo, NY 14263, USA
Oncol Rep 14:925-32. 2005..The mRNA levels of six differentially expressed genes (COL6A3, MMP12, MMP3, WNT5A, NID, and HMGB2) were validated using real-time quantitative RT-PCR...
- Cooperative recruitment of HMGB1 during V(D)J recombination through interactions with RAG1 and DNAAlicia J Little
Department of Immunobiology, Yale University School of Medicine, 300 Cedar Street, New Haven, CT 06511, USA
Nucleic Acids Res 41:3289-301. 2013..sequences (RSSs), aided by the ubiquitous DNA-binding/-bending proteins high-mobility group box protein (HMGB)1 or HMGB2. HMGB1/2 play a critical, although poorly understood, role in vitro in the assembly of functional RAG-RSS ..
- Quantitative proteomic profiling of tumor cell response to telomere dysfunction using isotope-coded protein labeling (ICPL) reveals interaction network of candidate senescence markersMartin L Biniossek
Institute of Molecular Medicine Cell Research, University of Freiburg, Freiburg, Germany
J Proteomics 91:515-35. 2013..A loss of the chromatin protein HMGB2 was demonstrated not only in various telomerase-inhibited clones of different tumor cell lines, but also in normal ..
- Protein kinase CK2 differentially phosphorylates maize chromosomal high mobility group B (HMGB) proteins modulating their stability and DNA interactionsChristian Stemmer
Department of Life Science, Aalborg University, Sohngaardsholmsvej 49, DK 9000 Aalborg, Denmark
J Biol Chem 277:1092-8. 2002..modifications of five HMGB proteins from maize suspension cultured cells, revealing that HMGB1 and HMGB2/3, but not HMGB4 and HMGB5, are phosphorylated by protein kinase CK2...
- The DNA-bending protein HMGB1 is a cellular cofactor of Sleeping Beauty transpositionHatem Zayed
Max Delbruck Center for Molecular Medicine, Robert Rossle Strasse 10, D 13092 Berlin, Germany
Nucleic Acids Res 31:2313-22. 2003..This effect was rescued by transient over-expression of HMGB1, and was partially complemented by HMGB2, but not with the HMGA1 protein...
- In vitro acetylation of HMGB-1 and -2 proteins by CBP: the role of the acidic tailEvdokia Pasheva
Institute of Molecular Biology, Bulgarian Academy of Sciences, 1113 Sofia, Bulgaria
Biochemistry 43:2935-40. 2004..The alterations in the acetylation pattern of HMGB-1 and -2 upon removal of the C-terminal tail are regarded as a means by which the acidic domain modulates some properties of these proteins...
- Cloning the genes and DNA binding properties of High Mobility Group B1 (HMGB1) proteins from the human blood flukes Schistosoma mansoni and Schistosoma japonicumFrancisco Meirelles Bastos de Oliveira
Instituto de Bioquimica Medica, Centro de Ciencias da Saude, Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro, Ilha do Fundao, Brazil
Gene 377:33-45. 2006The parasitic helminth Schistosoma mansoni contains three HMGB proteins, HMGB1, HMGB2 and HMGB3, of primary amino acid sequences highly similar to vertebrate proteins...
- Antimicrobial activity of high-mobility-group box 2: a new function to a well-known proteinRobert Küchler
Dr Margarete Fischer Bosch Institute for Clinical Pharmacology and University of Tübingen, Stuttgart, Germany
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 57:4782-93. 2013..based on antimicrobial function, here we identified competent antibacterial activity of high-mobility-group box 2 (HMGB2) against Escherichia coli...
- Cytosolic HMGB1 expression in human renal clear cell cancer indicates higher pathological T classifications and tumor gradesTakumi Takeuchi
Department of Urology, Kanto Rosai Hospital, Kawasaki, Japan
Urol J 10:960-5. 2013..Recent reports indicate that HMGB1 functions as a proinflammatory cytokine. Here, we studied expressions of HMGB1 and HMGB2 in human renal cancer.
- A human HMG2 cDNA with a novel 3'-untranslated regionS Alexandre
Department of Biochemistry, Norris Cancer Research Center, University of Southern California School of Medicine, Los Angeles 90033
Nucleic Acids Res 20:6413. 1992
- Sequence of human HMG2 cDNAA Majumdar
Otsuka Pharmaceuticals, Rockville, MD 20850
Nucleic Acids Res 19:6643. 1991
- Primary structure of non-histone chromosomal protein HMG2 revealed by the nucleotide sequenceH Shirakawa
Department of Biological Science and Technology, Science University of Tokyo, Chiba, Japan
Biochemistry 29:4419-23. 1990The isolation and sequencing of a cDNA clone for the entire sequence of pig thymus non-histone protein HMG2 are described. cDNA the size of 1153 nucleotides contains an open reading frame of 627 nucleotides...
- HMGB2 in cartilage homeostasis, aging and osteoarthritisMartin K Lotz; Fiscal Year: 2013..Our preliminary studies show that the chromatin protein HMGB2 is exclusively expressed in the SZ of articular cartilage...
- Randolph Y Hampton; Fiscal Year: 2016..The yeast HMGR isozyme Hmg2 undergoes ubiquitin-mediated ER degradation by the HRD quality control pathway...
- Investigating the Molecular Basis of FSHDRossella Tupler; Fiscal Year: 2007..Through biochemical purification, we have isolated three proteins, YYI, HMGB2, and nucleolin, forming a multi-protein complex that binds D4Z4...
- Control of Cardiac Troponin T Gene ExpressionJim Jung Ching Lin; Fiscal Year: 2006..and an A/T-rich sequence, recognized by a cardiac-specific 42 kDa proteins and a ubiquitous high mobility group 2 (HMG2) protein, respectively. Additionally, F contains a MEF2-like motif, which has an A/T-rich core...
- TPA MEDIATED NEURODEGENERATION AND MICROGLIA ACTIVATIONSTYLIANI ANNA STELLA TSIRKA; Fiscal Year: 2001..The aim will include validating the model by correlating changes in levels of tPA activity with the disease progression, and manipulating tPA activity levels to determine if the disease progression can be altered. ..
- IMMUNOGLOBULIN AND T CELL RECEPTOR GENE ASSEMBLYDavid Schatz; Fiscal Year: 2006..Overall, our experiments will address both the targeting and rejoining functions of the RAG proteins, with the long term goal of linking these fundamental activities to chromosomal translocations found in human malignancies. ..
- Biomarker Genes in Mood Disorder: Lymphocyte and BrainMARQUIS VAWTER; Fiscal Year: 2006..The potential use of biomarkers in lymphocytes will provide clinical researchers a tool to better address questions concerning diagnostic subgroups and treatment responders and non-responders. ..
- Targeting of somatic hypermutation and gene conversionDavid Schatz; Fiscal Year: 2006..The results of these experiments should set the stage for significant progress toward an understanding of the mechanism by which protein factors and DNA sequences collaborate to target SM and GC to Ig genes. ..