Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: HLA-DRB1
Description: major histocompatibility complex, class II, DR beta 1
Alias: DRB1, HLA-DR1B, HLA-DRB, SS1, major histocompatibility complex, class II, DR beta 1, HLA class II histocompatibility antigen, DR-1 beta chain, MHC class II HLA-DR beta 1 chain, human leucocyte antigen DRB1, lymphocyte antigen DRB1
Publications362 found, 100 shown here
- Protective effect of noninherited maternal HLA-DR antigens on rheumatoid arthritis developmentAnouk L Feitsma
Departments of Immunohematology and Blood Transfusion and Rheumatology, Leiden University Medical Center, 2333 ZA, Leiden, The Netherlands
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 104:19966-70. 2007..HLA-DRB1-molecules containing the amino acid sequence DERAA (i.e...
- Pemphigus and HLA in MoroccoC Brick
service de transfusion sanguine et d hémovigilance, Unite d immunologie, Hopital Ibn Sina, 10000 Rabat, Morocco
Transfus Clin Biol 14:402-6. 2007..We have investigated, for the first time in Morocco the relationship between different pemphigus subtypes and HLA genes...
- Genetic and diabetic auto-antibody markers in Saudi children with type 1 diabetesHakbany Manan
Department of Physiology, College of Medicine and King Khalid University Hospital, King Saud University, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Hum Immunol 71:1238-42. 2010Human leukocyte antigen DRB1 and DQB1 contribute to the genetic susceptibility of type 1 diabetes (T1DM), and they are involved in the induction of the autoimmune destruction of pancreatic beta cells precipitating the disease...
- Five amino acids in three HLA proteins explain most of the association between MHC and seropositive rheumatoid arthritisSoumya Raychaudhuri
Division of Genetics, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Nat Genet 44:291-6. 2012..major histocompatibility complex (MHC) to rheumatoid arthritis risk has commonly been attributed to alleles in HLA-DRB1. However, debate persists about the identity of the causal variants in HLA-DRB1 and the presence of independent ..
- HLA DR-DQ haplotypes and genotypes and type 1 diabetes risk: analysis of the type 1 diabetes genetics consortium familiesHenry Erlich
Roche Molecular Systems, 1145 Atlantic Ave, Alameda, CA 94501, USA
Diabetes 57:1084-92. 2008..The major genetic determinants of type 1 diabetes are alleles at the HLA-DRB1 and DQB1 loci, with both susceptible and protective DR-DQ haplotypes present in all human populations...
- HLA-B*5801 allele as a genetic marker for severe cutaneous adverse reactions caused by allopurinolShuen Iu Hung
Institute of Biomedical Sciences, Academia Sinica, Taipei 11529, Taiwan
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 102:4134-9. 2005..We then determined the alleles of HLA loci A, B, C, and DRB1. The HLA-B*5801 allele was present in all (100%) 51 patients with allopurinol-SCAR, but only in 20 (15%) of 135 ..
- Sunlight is associated with decreased multiple sclerosis risk: no interaction with human leukocyte antigen-DRB1*15M Bäärnhielm
Institute of Environmental Medicine, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
Eur J Neurol 19:955-62. 2012..An interaction between human leukocyte antigen HLA-DRB1*15 and vitamin D in MS was recently proposed...
- HLA and cytokine gene polymorphisms are independently associated with responses to hepatitis B vaccinationChengbin Wang
Department of Epidemiology, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, Alabama, USA
Hepatology 39:978-88. 2004..genotyping data from 164 North American adolescents vaccinated with recombinant HBV products confirmed that HLA-DRB1*07 (relative odds [RO] = 5.18, P <.0001) and human immunodeficiency virus type 1 (HIV-1) infection (RO = 3...
- Association of HLA-DRB1*15 allele and CSF oligoclonal bands in a Spanish multiple sclerosis cohortL Romero-Pinel
Multiple Sclerosis Unit, Neurology Department, Hospital Universitari de Bellvitge, IDIBELL, Barcelona, Spain
Eur J Neurol 18:1258-62. 2011The HLA-DRB1*15 allele is consistently associated with multiple sclerosis (MS) susceptibility in most studied populations...
- Major histocompatibility complex and alveolar epithelial apoptosis in idiopathic pulmonary fibrosisRamcés Falfán-Valencia
Instituto Nacional de Enfermedades Respiratorias, Tlalpan 4502, CP 14080, Mexico DF, Mexico
Hum Genet 118:235-44. 2005..In this study, we evaluated the polymorphisms of the MHC, locus HLA-B, -DRB1, and -DQB1 in a cohort of 75 IPF patients and 95 controls by using PCR and hybridization with sequence-specific ..
- HLA-DR15 haplotype and multiple sclerosis: a HuGE reviewHollie Schmidt
Accelerated Cure Project for Multiple Sclerosis, Waltham, MA 02451, USA
Am J Epidemiol 165:1097-109. 2007..In Caucasian populations of Northern European descent, the DR15 haplotype (DRB1*1501-DQA1*0102-DQB1*0602) has been hypothesized to be the primary HLA genetic susceptibility factor for MS...
- Association of HLA class II genes with systemic sclerosis in Spanish patientsCarmen P Simeon
Internal Medicine Service, Immunohematology Service, Preventive Medicine Service, and Rheumatology Unit, Vall d Hebron Hospital, Barcelona, Spain
J Rheumatol 36:2733-6. 2009To examine the role of HLA-DRB1 and HLA-DQB1 alleles in the susceptibility to systemic sclerosis (SSc) and its clinical expression in a Spanish population.
- Association of HLA-DRB1*13 and TNF-alpha gene polymorphisms with clearance of chronic hepatitis B infection and risk of hepatocellular carcinoma in Thai populationP Kummee
Inter Department of Medical Microbiology, Graduate School, Chulalongkorn University, Bangkok, Thailand
J Viral Hepat 14:841-8. 2007..Additional study is needed to validate these finding and to further explore the genetic pathogenesis of HBV infection...
- Distinct MHC class I and II alleles are associated with hepatitis C viral clearance, originating from a single sourceSusan M McKiernan
Hepatology Center, St James s Hospital and Trinity College, Dublin, Ireland
Hepatology 40:108-14. 2004..with previously reported class II allele associations, over 75% that successfully eliminate HCV carry either A*03, DRB1*0101, or *0401, compared with only 37% of those with chronic infection (P <.0001)...
- Multiple antibody reactivities to citrullinated antigens in sera from patients with rheumatoid arthritis: association with HLA-DRB1 allelesO Snir
Department of Medicine, Rheumatology Unit, Karolinska University Hospital, Karolinska Institute, Solna, Stockholm, Sweden
Ann Rheum Dis 68:736-43. 2009Autoantibodies to cyclic citrullinated peptides (anti-CCP) are present in most patients with rheumatoid arthritis (RA), and associate with HLA-DRB1 shared epitope (SE) alleles.
- The distribution of HLA class II haplotypes reveals that the Sardinian population is genetically differentiated from the other Caucasian populationsR Lampis
Dipartimento di Scienze Biomediche e Biotecnologie, Universita di Cagliari, Italy
Tissue Antigens 56:515-21. 2000In this study we have established the frequencies of the DRB1-DQA1-DQB1 haplotypes in a large cohort of Sardinian new-borns and found that the most frequent haplotypes were detected at frequencies unique to the Sardinians...
- HLA class II haplotype and autoantibody associations in children with juvenile dermatomyositis and juvenile dermatomyositis-scleroderma overlapL R Wedderburn
Rheumatology Unit, Institute of Child Health, UCL, 30 Guilford Street, London WC1N 1EH, UK
Rheumatology (Oxford) 46:1786-91. 2007..To investigate a large cohort of children with juvenile dermatomyositis (JDM), and those with JDM-scleroderma (JDM-SSc) overlap, using detailed serological analysis, HLA class II genotyping and clinical characterization...
- The inter-regional distribution of HLA class II haplotypes indicates the suitability of the Sardinian population for case-control association studies in complex diseasesR Lampis
Dipartimento di Scienze Biomediche e Biotecnologie, Universita di Cagliari, Ospedale Microcitemico, Via Jenner, Cagliari 09121, Italy
Hum Mol Genet 9:2959-65. 2000..We first examined the distribution of the HLA-DRB1-DQA1-DQB1 haplotypes in 631 newborns from seven different regions of the island, and found that the most frequent ..
- Stromelysin 1 (matrix metalloproteinase 3) and HLA-DRB1 gene polymorphisms: Association with severity and progression of rheumatoid arthritis in a prospective studyArnaud Constantin
Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Rangueil, INSERM U558, and INSERM U395, Toulouse, France
Arthritis Rheum 46:1754-62. 2002..gene promoter and the susceptibility, severity, and progression of rheumatoid arthritis (RA), and to further document the association between HLA-DRB1 alleles encoding the shared epitope (SE) and the severity and progression of RA.
- The human leucocyte antigen-DRB1*1302-DQB1*0609-DPB1*0201 haplotype may be a strong genetic marker for aspirin-induced urticariaS H Kim
Department of Allergy and Rheumatology, Ajou University Hospital, Suwon 442 749, Korea
Clin Exp Allergy 35:339-44. 2005..Urticaria/angioedema is a common aspirin-induced allergy; however, its pathogenic mechanism is not understood...
- HLA-DQ, DR allele polymorphism of type 1 diabetes in the Chinese population: a meta-analysisXiao Mei Zhang
Department of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Peking University People s Hospital, Beijing 100044, China
Chin Med J (Engl) 122:980-6. 2009..Type 1 diabetes (T1D) is a multifactorial disease. This article aims to evaluate the relationship between allele polymorphism of HLA-DQ, DR and T1D in the Chinese population...
- T cell epitope mapping of JC polyoma virus-encoded proteome reveals reduced T cell responses in HLA-DRB1*04:01+ donorsIlijas Jelcic
University Medical Center Hamburg Eppendorf, Hamburg, Germany
J Virol 87:3393-408. 2013..Four immunodominant peptides were mapped, and at least one immunogenic peptide per HLA-DRB1 allele was detected in DRB1*01(+), DRB1*07(+), DRB1*11(+), DRB1*13(+), DRB1*15(+), and DRB1*03(+) individuals...
- Association of human leukocyte antigen-DRB1 alleles with disease susceptibility and severity of aplastic anemia in Korean patientsEun Young Song
Department of Laboratory Medicine, Konkuk University College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
Hum Immunol 69:354-9. 2008Although association of human leukocyte antigen (HLA)-DR2 (DRB1*1501) with susceptibility to aplastic anemia (AA) has been well documented in several different ethnic groups, little is known about the protective role of HLA in this ..
- Smoking increases rheumatoid arthritis susceptibility in individuals carrying the HLA-DRB1 shared epitope, regardless of rheumatoid factor or anti-cyclic citrullinated peptide antibody statusSo Young Bang
Hospital for Rheumatic Diseases, Hanyang University, Seoul, South Korea
Arthritis Rheum 62:369-77. 2010Smoking is associated with rheumatoid arthritis (RA) in individuals with the HLA-DRB1 shared epitope (SE). SE alleles have been shown to be predominantly associated with anti-cyclic citrullinated peptide (anti-CCP)-positive RA...
- Association of DRB1 shared epitope genotypes with early mortality in rheumatoid arthritis: results of eighteen years of followup from the early rheumatoid arthritis studyD L Mattey
University Hospital of North Staffordshire, Stoke on Trent, UK
Arthritis Rheum 56:1408-16. 2007To determine whether the HLA-DRB1 shared epitope (SE) is associated with early mortality and specific causes of death in rheumatoid arthritis (RA).
- Distributions of human leukocyte antigen-A, -B, and -DRB1 alleles and haplotypes based on 46,915 Taiwanese donorsMeng Jiun Lai
Department of Laboratory of Medicine and Biotechnology, College of Medicine, Buddhist Tzu Chi University, Hualien, Taiwan
Hum Immunol 71:777-82. 2010Human leukocyte antigen (HLA)-A, -B, and -DRB1 alleles were typed in 46,915 healthy Taiwanese volunteers recruited for Tzu Chi Taiwan Marrow Donor Registry (TCTMDR). The volunteers were separated into Taiwanese and Taiwanese aborigines...
- DRB1*03:01 haplotypes: differential contribution to multiple sclerosis risk and specific association with the presence of intrathecal IgM bandsEmilio G De la Concha
Department of Clinical Immunology, Hospital Clinico San Carlos, Instituto de Investigacíon Sanitaria San Carlos IdISSC, Madrid, Spain
PLoS ONE 7:e31018. 2012..However, except for the DRB1*15:01 allele, the main risk factor associated to MS so far, no consistent effect has been described for any other ..
- The impact of HLA-DRB alleles on the subclass titres of antibodies against citrullinated peptidesRobby Engelmann
Institute of Immunology, University of Rostock, Rostock, Germany
Rheumatology (Oxford) 49:1862-6. 2010..antibodies directed against citrullinated peptide antigens (ACPAs) and investigated the association between HLA-DRB1 shared epitope (SE) alleles and the IgG subclass titres of cyclic citrullinated peptide (CCP)- and mutated ..
- Meta-analysis of the association between HLA-DRB1 allele and rheumatoid arthritis susceptibility in Asian populationsKyung Ran Jun
Department of Laboratory Medicine, University of Ulsan College of Medicine, Asan Medical Center, Seoul, Korea
J Korean Med Sci 22:973-80. 2007The aims of this study were to summarize results on the association of HLA-DRB1 with rheumatoid arthritis (RA) in Asians and to determine if the shared epitope (SE) hypothesis could explain the meta-analysis results...
- Smoking and two human leukocyte antigen genes interact to increase the risk for multiple sclerosisAnna Karin Hedström
Institute of Environmental Medicine, Karolinska Institutet, 171 77 Stockholm, Sweden
Brain 134:653-64. 2011..Cases and controls were classified according to their smoking status and human leukocyte antigen DRB1 as well as human leukocyte antigen A genotypes...
- Differences in the contribution of HLA-DR and -DQ haplotypes to susceptibility to adult- and childhood-onset type 1 diabetes in Japanese patientsSatoshi Murao
Matsuyama Shimin Hospital, Ehime, Japan
Diabetes 53:2684-90. 2004..Two major susceptible HLA haplotypes in the Japanese, DRB1*0405-DQB1*0401 (DR4) and DRB1*0901-DQB1*0303 (DR9), were significantly increased in the AO and CO groups, but only ..
- HLA-A, -B, -C, -DRB1 and -DQB1 alleles and haplotypes in the Kinh population in VietnamB K Hoa
Faculty of Hematology and Blood Transfusion, Hanoi Medical School, Hanoi, Vietnam
Tissue Antigens 71:127-34. 2008..array genotyping platform with sequence-specific oligonucleotide probes to distinguish HLA-A, -B, -C, -DRB1 and -DQB1 alleles. A total of 21 HLA-A, 37 HLA-B, 18 HLA-C, 25 HLA-DRB1, and 14 HLA-DQB1 alleles were identified...
- Meta-analysis of HLA-DRB1 and HLA-DQB1 polymorphisms in Latin American patients with systemic lupus erythematosusNatalia Castano-Rodriguez
Cellular Biology and Immunogenetics Unit, Corporacion para Investigaciones Biologicas, Medellin, Colombia
Autoimmun Rev 7:322-30. 2008To estimate the common effect size of HLA-DRB1 and -DQB1 alleles on systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE) susceptibility across Latin America populations through a meta-analysis.
- Reevaluation of the interaction between HLA-DRB1 shared epitope alleles, PTPN22, and smoking in determining susceptibility to autoantibody-positive and autoantibody-negative rheumatoid arthritis in a large UK Caucasian populationAnn W Morgan
Leeds Musculoskeletal Biomedical Research Unit, Institute of Molecular Medicine, University of Leeds, St James University Hospital, Leeds, UK
Arthritis Rheum 60:2565-76. 2009To define interactions between the HLA-DRB1 shared epitope (SE), PTPN22, and smoking in cyclic citrullinated peptide (CCP) antibody- and rheumatoid factor (RF)-positive and -negative rheumatoid arthritis (RA).
- HLA-DRB1 status affects endothelial function in treated patients with rheumatoid arthritisCarlos Gonzalez-Juanatey
Division of Cardiology, Hospital Xeral Calde, Dr Ochoa s n, 27004 Lugo, Spain
Am J Med 114:647-52. 2003..To examine endothelial function in rheumatoid arthritis patients and to assess whether clinical or genetic factors affect the development of endothelial dysfunction...
- Lymphoid tyrosine phosphatase (PTPN22/LYP) variant and Graves' disease in a Polish population: association and gene dose-dependent correlation with age of onsetAgata Skorka
Department of Diabetology, Newborn Pathology and Birth Defects, Medical University of Warsaw, Poland
Clin Endocrinol (Oxf) 62:679-82. 2005..The purpose of our study was to investigate whether the PTPN22 'T' allele is associated with GD and/or its subsets, defined by clinical or genetic parameters, in a Polish population...
- Particular genetic variants of ligands for natural killer cell receptors may contribute to the HLA associated risk of primary sclerosing cholangitisTom H Karlsen
Medical Department, Rikshospitalet Radiumhospitalet Medical Center, University of Oslo, Oslo, Norway
J Hepatol 46:899-906. 2007..We aimed to clarify to what extent such combinations influence susceptibility to primary sclerosing cholangitis (PSC)...
- Crystal structure of HLA-DR2 (DRA*0101, DRB1*1501) complexed with a peptide from human myelin basic proteinK J Smith
Department of Molecular Medicine, Children s Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Exp Med 188:1511-20. 1998Susceptibility to multiple sclerosis is associated with the human histocompatibility leukocyte antigen (HLA)-DR2 (DRB1*1501) haplotype...
- An extremes of outcome strategy provides evidence that multiple sclerosis severity is determined by alleles at the HLA-DRB1 locusG C DeLuca
Department of Clinical Neurology, and Nuffield Department of Clinical Medicine, University of Oxford, John Radcliffe Hospital, Oxford OX3 9DU, United Kingdom
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 104:20896-901. 2007..taken from opposite extremes of the distribution of long-term outcome, was used to determine the role of the HLA-DRB1 locus on MS disease severity...
- Human leukocyte antigen class I and II alleles and risk of cervical neoplasia: results from a population-based study in Costa RicaS S Wang
Interdisciplinary Studies Section, Division of Cancer Epidemiology and Genetics, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, MD 20892 7234, USA
J Infect Dis 184:1310-4. 2001..Compared with women who were HPV negative, women with HLA-DRB1*1301 were associated with decreased risk for cancer/HSILs (odds ratio [OR], 0.4; 95% confidence interval [CI], 0...
- Specific combinations of HLA-DR2 and DR3 class II haplotypes contribute graded risk for disease susceptibility and autoantibodies in human SLERobert R Graham
Department of Molecular Biology, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
Eur J Hum Genet 15:823-30. 2007..Haplotypes bearing the DRB1*1501/DQB1*0602 (DR2) and DRB1*0301/DQB1*0201 (DR3) alleles were present in nearly two-thirds of SLE cases and were ..
- Specific interaction between genotype, smoking and autoimmunity to citrullinated alpha-enolase in the etiology of rheumatoid arthritisHiba Mahdi
Rheumatology Unit, Karolinska Institutet, Center for Molecular Medicine, Stockholm, Sweden
Nat Genet 41:1319-24. 2009..are important in rheumatoid arthritis (RA) susceptibility, with an association existing between smoking, HLA- DRB1 'shared epitope' alleles, PTPN22 and antibodies to cyclic citrullinated peptides (CCP)...
- Genomewide association study of leprosyFu Ren Zhang
Shandong Provincial Institute of Dermatology and Venereology, Shandong Academy of Medical Science, Jinan, Shandong, China
N Engl J Med 361:2609-18. 2009..Host genetic factors are thought to influence susceptibility to infection as well as disease progression...
- Complex HLA-DR and -DQ interactions confer risk of narcolepsy-cataplexy in three ethnic groupsE Mignot
Center for Narcolepsy, Stanford University, Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA
Am J Hum Genet 68:686-99. 2001..and 420 narcoleptic subjects with cataplexy, from three ethnic groups, were HLA typed, and the effects of HLA-DRB1, -DQA1, and -DQB1 were analyzed...
- Association of human leukocyte antigen polymorphism with outcomes of hepatitis B virus infectionAmitis Ramezani
Clinical Research Department, Pasteur Institute of Iran, Tehran, Iran
J Gastroenterol Hepatol 23:1716-21. 2008..Human leukocyte antigen (HLA) plays an important role in immunological reaction to HBV infection. In this study, we aimed to determine the association between HBV infection and HLA-A, B, and DRB1 alleles in northern Iran.
- HLA-A, -B, -C, and -DRB1 allele and haplotype frequencies distinguish Eastern European Americans from the general European American populationS J Mack
Children s Hospital Oakland Research Institute, Oakland, CA 94609, USA
Tissue Antigens 73:17-32. 2009Sequence-based typing was used to identify human leukocyte antigen (HLA)-A, -B, -C, and -DRB1 alleles from 558 consecutively recruited US volunteers with Eastern European ancestry for an unrelated hematopoietic stem cell registry...
- Association of susceptibility to multiple sclerosis in Southern Han Chinese with HLA-DRB1, -DPB1 alleles and DRB1-DPB1 haplotypes: distinct from other populationsXiao Mu Wu
Department of Neurology, Jiangxi Provincial People s Hospital, Nanchang, Jiangxi, PR China
Mult Scler 15:1422-30. 2009..study was to examine the association between the susceptibility to conventional MS in Southern Chinese with HLA-DRB1,-DPB1 alleles and putative DRB1-DPB1 haplotypes...
- HLA alleles and haplotypes distribution in Dai population in Yunnan province, Southwest ChinaL Shi
Institute of Medical Biology, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences and Peking Union Medical College, Kunming, China
Tissue Antigens 75:159-65. 2010..In this study, we provided the first four digital HLA-A, -B, -C and -DRB1 allele and haplotype data in the Dai ethnic population, which is a unique and representative Kam-Tai-speaking ..
- Two HLA class I genes independently associated with multiple sclerosisJenny Link
Karolinska Institutet, Department of Clinical Neuroscience, CMM L8 00, SE 17176 Stockholm, Sweden
J Neuroimmunol 226:172-6. 2010The risk of multiple sclerosis (MS) is influenced by HLA-DRB1, while protective effects have been proposed for HLA-A*02 and HLA-C*05. Our aim was to further understand the role of HLA class I in MS through a comprehensive investigation.
- HLA class I and genetic susceptibility to type 1 diabetes: results from the Type 1 Diabetes Genetics ConsortiumJanelle A Noble
Children s Hospital Oakland Research Institute, Oakland, California, USA
Diabetes 59:2972-9. 2010..We report here genotyping data and type 1 diabetes association analyses for HLA class I loci (A, B, and C) on 1,753 multiplex pedigrees from the Type 1 Diabetes Genetics Consortium (T1DGC), a large international collaborative study...
- Association between HLA-DRB1 alleles polymorphism and hepatocellular carcinoma: a meta-analysisZhong Hua Lin
Medical College of Qingdao University, Shandong Province, China
BMC Gastroenterol 10:145. 2010HLA-DRB1 allele polymorphisms have been reported to be associated with hepatocellular carcinoma susceptibility, but the results of these previous studies have been inconsistent...
- The HLA-DRB1 shared epitope alleles differ in the interaction with smoking and predisposition to antibodies to cyclic citrullinated peptideAnnette H M van der Helm-van Mil
Leiden University Medical Center, Leiden, The Netherlands
Arthritis Rheum 56:425-32. 2007....
- The HLA-DRB1 shared epitope is associated with susceptibility to rheumatoid arthritis in African Americans through European genetic admixtureLaura B Hughes
University of Alabama at Birmingham 35294 2182, USA
Arthritis Rheum 58:349-58. 2008To determine whether shared epitope (SE)-containing HLA-DRB1 alleles are associated with rheumatoid arthritis (RA) in African Americans and whether their presence is associated with higher degrees of global (genome-wide) genetic admixture ..
- HLA class II association with autoimmune hepatitis in Latin America: a meta-analysisCarolina Duarte-Rey
Center for Autoimmune Disease Research CREA, School of Medicine, Rosario University, Bogota, Colombia
Autoimmun Rev 8:325-31. 2009..Autoimmune hepatitis (AIH) is a chronic liver disease to which different Human Leukocyte Antigens (HLA) have been associated, according to the ethnic/geographical group affected, age of presentation, prognosis, and serologic profile...
- Associations of cigarette smoking with rheumatoid arthritis in African AmericansTed R Mikuls
University of Nebraska Medical Center and Omaha Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Omaha, USA
Arthritis Rheum 62:3560-8. 2010To examine the associations of cigarette smoking with rheumatoid arthritis (RA) in African Americans, and to determine whether this association is impacted by the HLA-DRB1 shared epitope (SE).
- Allelic diversity is generated by intraexon sequence exchange at the DRB1 locus of primatesU B Gyllensten
Department of Medical Genetics, University of Uppsala, Sweden
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 88:3686-90. 1991..Here, phylogenetic analysis of 39 human DRB1 alleles and 21 DRB1 alleles obtained by polymerase chain reaction (PCR) amplification from a set of closely related ..
- Three-dimensional structure of the human class II histocompatibility antigen HLA-DR1J H Brown
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Harvard University, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02138
Nature 364:33-9. 1993..A dimer of the class II alpha beta heterodimers is seen in the crystal forms of HLA-DR1, suggesting class II HLA dimerization as a mechanism for initiating the cytoplasmic signalling events in T-cell activation...
- Genetic susceptibility to breast cancer: HLA DQB*03032 and HLA DRB1*11 may represent protective allelesS Chaudhuri
Massachusetts General Hospital Cancer Center and Harvard Medical School, Building 149, 13th Street, Charlestown, MA 02129, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 97:11451-4. 2000..HLA DQB*03032 was identified in 7% of controls but in no patients with early-onset breast cancer (P = 0.0001). HLA DRB1*11 alleles were also significantly overrepresented (P < 0.0001) in controls (16...
- Association analysis of HLA-class II and class III gene polymorphisms in the susceptibility to mediterranean visceral leishmaniasisA Meddeb-Garnaoui
Laboratory of Immunology, Institut Pasteur de Tunis, Tunis Belvedere, Tunisia
Hum Immunol 62:509-17. 2001HLA-DRB1, -DQB1, TNFalpha, TNFbeta, HSP70-2 and HSP70-hom genetic polymorphisms were analyzed in 156 unrelated patients who developed mediterranean visceral leishmaniasis (MVL) due to Leishmania infantum, and 154 unrelated healthy ..
- Association of the CTLA-4 gene 49 A/G polymorphism with type 1 diabetes and autoimmune thyroid disease in Japanese childrenMie Mochizuki
Department of Pediatrics, Faculty of Medicine, University of Yamanashi, Yamanashi, Japan
Diabetes Care 26:843-7. 2003....
- Association between HLA class II gene and susceptibility or resistance to chronic hepatitis BYe gui Jiang
Institute of Infectious Diseases, Southwest Hospital, Third Military Medical University, Chongqing 400038, China
World J Gastroenterol 9:2221-5. 2003To investigate the association between the polymorphism of HLA-DRB1, -DQA1 and -DQB1 alleles and viral hepatitis B.
- Association of HLA class I antigens and HLA class II alleles with vitiligo in a Turkish populationHalis Bülent Taştan
Department of Dermatology, Gulhane Military Medical Academy School of Medicine, Etlik, Ankara, Turkey
Pigment Cell Res 17:181-4. 2004..HLA typing for class I was performed by serological method. The frequency of HLA DRB1*03 was 0.6340 in patients compared to 0.2950 in controls (P = 0.0014)...
- Contribution of MHC class I chain-related A (MICA) gene polymorphism to genetic susceptibility for systemic lupus erythematosusG Gambelunghe
Department of Internal Medicine, Section of Internal Medicine and Endocrine and Metabolic Sciences, University of Perugia, Perugia, Italy
Rheumatology (Oxford) 44:287-92. 2005..To evaluate the contribution of the MHC class I chain-related A (MICA) gene polymorphism to the genetic risk of systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE)...
- MHC microsatellite diversity and linkage disequilibrium among common HLA-A, HLA-B, DRB1 haplotypes: implications for unrelated donor hematopoietic transplantation and disease association studiesM Malkki
The Division of Clinical Research, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Seattle, WA 98109, USA
Tissue Antigens 66:114-24. 2005..disequilibrium (LD) with HLA loci in hematopoietic cell transplant recipients and their HLA-A, HLA-B, HLA-C, HLA-DRB1, and HLA-DQB1 allele-matched unrelated donors. These Msats showed highly significant LD over much of the MHC region...
- A predominant role for the HLA class II region in the association of the MHC region with multiple sclerosisMatthew R Lincoln
Department of Clinical Neurology, Radcliffe Infirmary, University of Oxford, Oxford OX2 6HE, UK
Nat Genet 37:1108-12. 2005..to multiple sclerosis is associated with genes of the major histocompatibility complex (MHC), particularly HLA-DRB1 and HLA-DQB1 (ref. 1). Both locus and allelic heterogeneity have been reported in this genomic region...
- Immunogenetic risk and protective factors for the idiopathic inflammatory myopathies: distinct HLA-A, -B, -Cw, -DRB1 and -DQA1 allelic profiles and motifs define clinicopathologic groups in caucasiansTerrance P O'Hanlon
National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences, Rockville, MD 20892 0958, USA
Medicine (Baltimore) 84:338-49. 2005..We have performed low to high resolution genotyping to characterize the allelic profiles of HLA-A, -B, -Cw, -DRB1, and -DQA1 loci in a large population of North American Caucasian patients with IIM representing the major ..
- The role of HLA molecules in susceptibility to chronic rheumatic heart diseaseH Kudat
Department of Cardiology, Istanbul Faculty of Medicine, Istanbul University, Capa, Istanbul, Turkey
Int J Immunogenet 33:41-4. 2006..All samples were typed at the HLA-DRB1/3/4/5 and DQB1 loci by the sequence-specific primer (PCR-SSP) method at low resolution...
- A new classification of HLA-DRB1 alleles differentiates predisposing and protective alleles for rheumatoid arthritis structural severityPierre Antoine Gourraud
INSERM U558, Toulouse, France
Arthritis Rheum 54:593-9. 2006A new classification of HLA-DRB1 alleles supporting the shared epitope hypothesis of rheumatoid arthritis (RA) susceptibility was recently introduced...
- Genetic susceptibility to rheumatic heart disease and streptococcal pharyngitis: association with HLA-DR allelesF E Haydardedeoglu
Department of Internal Medicine, Ankara University School of Medicine, Ankara, Turkey
Tissue Antigens 68:293-6. 2006..Positive association with HLA-DRB1*07 allele was found for RHD when compared with healthy controls [29.4% vs 13.1%; P < 0.01, P-corrected: P < 0...
- Full-length sequence analysis of the HLA-DRB1 locus suggests a recent origin of allelesJenny von Salomé
Department of Genetics and Pathology, Rudbeck Laboratory, Uppsala University, Uppsala, Sweden
Immunogenetics 59:261-71. 2007The HLA region harbors some of the most polymorphic loci in the human genome. Among them is the class II locus HLA-DRB1, with more than 400 known alleles...
- Distribution of HLA-A, -B, -Cw, and -DRB1 alleles and haplotypes in an isolated Han population in Southwest ChinaY Yao
Department of Medical Genetics, Institute of Medical Biology, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences and Peking Union Medical College, Kunming, China
Tissue Antigens 73:561-8. 2009In this study, polymorphisms of human leukocyte antigen (HLA) class I (A, B, and Cw) and class II (DRB1) loci were analyzed in an isolated Han population living in Fengyandong in the Yunnan province of Southwest China (FYDH) using a high-..
- HLA class II alleles and chronic hepatitis C virus infectionL O F Cangussu
Viral Hepatitis Division, Instituto Alfa de Gastroenterologia, Hospital das Clínicas UFMG, Belo Horizonte, Minas Gerais, Brazil
Scand J Immunol 74:282-7. 2011The aim of this study was to investigate association of human leucocyte antigens (HLA)-DRB1 and DQB1 polymorphisms with hepatitis C virus (HCV) infection and with the occurrence of severe liver fibrosis/cirrhosis in chronically infected ..
- Distribution of human leucocyte antigen-A, -B and -DR alleles and haplotypes at high resolution in the population from Jiangsu province of ChinaP Qin Qin
Nanjing Medical University, Nanjing, Jiangsu Province, China
Int J Immunogenet 38:475-81. 2011The frequencies of human leucocyte antigen (HLA)-A, -B and -DRB1 alleles and haplotypes were statistically analysed among 3238 donors from Chinese Marrow Donor Program (CMDP) Jiangsu Branch...
- The influence of the HLA-DRB, HLA-DQB and polymorphic positions of the HLA-DRβ1 and HLA-DQβ1 molecules on risk of Iranian type 1 diabetes mellitus patientsA Sayad
Department of Neurogenetics, Iranian Centre of Neurological Research, Tehran
Int J Immunogenet 39:429-36. 2012Type 1 Diabetes mellitus (T1D) is an autoimmune and multifactorial disease. HLA-DRB1 and DQB1 loci have the strongest association with T1D...
- MHC class II, tumour necrosis factor alpha, and lymphotoxin alpha gene haplotype associations with serological subsets of systemic lupus erythematosusN J McHugh
Royal National Hospital for Rheumatic Diseases, Upper Borough Walls, Bath, Somerset BA1 1RL UK
Ann Rheum Dis 65:488-94. 2006..To conduct a case-control study to investigate whether there are independent tumour necrosis factor alpha (TNFalpha) or lymphotoxin alpha (LTalpha) haplotype associations with SLE or with any of the major serological subsets of SLE...
- Association between pemphigus vulgaris and human leukocyte antigen in Han nation of northeast ChinaLong Geng
Department of Dermatology, First Affiliated Hospital, China Medical University, Shenyang 110001
Chin Med Sci J 20:166-70. 2005..To investigate the relationship between pemphigus vulgaris (PV) and human leukocyte antigen (HLA) in Han nation of northeast China...
- Influence of human leucocyte antigen-DRB1 on the susceptibility to rheumatoid arthritis and on the production of anti-cyclic citrullinated peptide antibodies in a Portuguese populationD Ligeiro
Centro de Histocompatibilidade do Sul, Lisboa, Portugal
Ann Rheum Dis 66:246-8. 2007To clarify the influence of the HLA-DRB1 locus on the susceptibility to rheumatoid arthritis and the production of anti-cyclic citrullinated peptide antibodies (anti-CCP) in a Portuguese population.
- HLA class II (DRB, DQA1 and DQB1) allele and haplotype frequencies in the patients with pemphigus vulgarisSheida Shams
Department of Dermatology, Razi Hospital, School of Medicine, Tehran University of Medical Sciences, Tehran, Iran
J Clin Immunol 29:175-9. 2009..Pemphigus vulgaris (PV), an autoimmune disease affecting the skin and mucous membranes, is associated with some human leukocyte antigen (HLA) class II alleles and haplotypes...
- Expression of the multiple sclerosis-associated MHC class II Allele HLA-DRB1*1501 is regulated by vitamin DSreeram V Ramagopalan
Wellcome Trust Centre for Human Genetics, University of Oxford, Oxford, United Kingdom
PLoS Genet 5:e1000369. 2009..Sequence analysis localised a single MHC vitamin D response element (VDRE) to the promoter region of HLA-DRB1. Sequencing of this promoter in greater than 1,000 chromosomes from HLA-DRB1 homozygotes showed absolute ..
- Association of the human leucocyte antigen region with susceptibility to Parkinson's diseaseMisuzu Saiki
Department of Clinical Neurosciences Cambridge Centre for Brain Repair, University of Cambridge, Cambridge, UK
J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry 81:890-1. 2010..The Human Leucocyte Antigen (HLA) region is one of the most important genetic susceptibility factors in many immune-mediated diseases but has not been extensively investigated in PD...
- The significance of HLA DRB1*1501 and oligoclonal bands in multiple sclerosis: clinical features and disabilityRenata Balnytė
Department of Neurology, Medical Academy, Lithuanian University of Health Sciences, Kaunas, Lithuania
Medicina (Kaunas) 47:368-73. 2011..The aim of the present study was to determine the value of immunogenetic risk factors and to estimate their relationship with the clinical features and disability status of patients with multiple sclerosis in a Lithuanian population...
- Collagenase-1 (MMP-1) and HLA-DRB1 gene polymorphisms in rheumatoid arthritis: a prospective longitudinal studyArnaud Constantin
Department of Rheumatology and Immunology, CHU Rangueil, France
J Rheumatol 29:15-20. 2002..We investigated the association between a biallelic polymorphism in the MMP-1 gene promoter and the susceptibility to, and severity of, RA. We also investigated the association between HLA-DRB1 gene polymorphism and severity of RA.
- Mapping multiple sclerosis susceptibility to the HLA-DR locus in African AmericansJorge R Oksenberg
Department of Neurology, University of California at San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94143 0435, USA
Am J Hum Genet 74:160-7. 2004An underlying complex genetic susceptibility exists in multiple sclerosis (MS), and an association with the HLA-DRB1*1501-DQB1*0602 haplotype has been repeatedly demonstrated in high-risk (northern European) populations...
- Association of tumor necrosis factor and human leukocyte antigen DRB1 alleles with Graves' ophthalmopathyTomasz Bednarczuk
Department of Endocrinology, Medical Research Center in Warsaw, Poland
Hum Immunol 65:632-9. 2004..We studied the distribution of TNF and human leukocyte antigen (HLA) DRB1 alleles in 228 Polish white patients with GD, 106 of whom had ophthalmopathy (NOSPECS class > or = III) and 248 ..
- HLA-DRB1*04 allele is associated with severe malaria in northern GhanaAwo D Osafo-Addo
Department of Epidemiology, Noguchi Memorial Institute for Medical Research, Accra, Ghana
Am J Trop Med Hyg 78:251-5. 2008..We studied associations between HLA-A, -B, and DRB1 alleles and severe malaria in northern Ghana...
- New classification of HLA-DRB1 alleles in rheumatoid arthritis susceptibility: a combined analysis of worldwide samplesThomas Barnetche
Department of Epidemiology and Public Health, UMR Inserm U 558, University Paul Sabatier Toulouse III, Faculty of Medicine Purpan, 37 Allees Jules Guesde, Toulouse Cedex 7, 31073, France
Arthritis Res Ther 10:R26. 2008Rheumatoid arthritis (RA) is a complex polygenic disease of unknown etiology. HLA-DRB1 alleles encoding the shared epitope (SE) (RAA amino acid pattern in positions 72 to 74 of the third hypervariable region of the DRbeta1 chain) are ..
- Protracted, but not acute, hepatitis A virus infection is strongly associated with HLA-DRB*1301, a marker for pediatric autoimmune hepatitisL Fainboim
División Inmunogenogenética, Hospital de Clinicas, and Departmento de Microbiología e Immunología, Facultad de Medicina, Universidad de Buenos Aires, Argentina
Hepatology 33:1512-7. 2001..In contrast, DRB1*1301 was present in 46.1% of the children with protracted forms (vs. 9...
- Shared-epitope HLA-DRB1 alleles and sex ratio in Italian patients with rheumatoid arthritisS Maddali Bongi
Rheumatology Unit, Department of Medical and Surgical Critical Care, Florence University, Florence, Italy
Joint Bone Spine 71:24-8. 2004To investigate the association between the HLA-DRB1 alleles sharing the epitope (Q/R)(K/R)RAA and rheumatoid arthritis (RA) in a large sample of Italian patients (N = 264) recruited from a single centre over the last 5 years.
- Does the DRB1*1501 allele confer more severe and faster progression in primary progressive multiple sclerosis patients? HLA in primary progressive multiple sclerosisClaudia Cristina Ferreira Vasconcelos
Federal University of the State of Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
J Neuroimmunol 214:101-3. 2009..An association was found between PPMS and the DR2 and DRB1*1501 and DQB1*0602 alleles. Severe morbidity was found in DRB1*1501-positive PPMS patients...
- The role of HLA-DRB1 alleles on susceptibility of Chinese patients with anti-GBM diseaseRui Yang
Renal Division, Department of Medicine, Peking University First Hospital, Institute of Nephrology, Peking University, Key Laboratory of Renal Disease, Ministry of Health of China, Beijing 100034, China
Clin Immunol 133:245-50. 2009..But the distribution of HLA-DRB1 alleles in Chinese patients with anti-GBM disease and their association with clinical characteristics of anti-GBM ..
- Investigating the viability of genetic screening/testing for RA susceptibility using combinations of five confirmed risk lociAnnie McClure
ARC Epidemiology Unit, Stopford Building, The University of Manchester, Manchester, UK
Rheumatology (Oxford) 48:1369-74. 2009Five loci-the shared epitope (SE) of HLA--DRB1, the PTPN22 gene, a locus on 6q23, the STAT4 gene and a locus mapping to the TRAF1/C5 genetic region--have now been unequivocally confirmed as conferring susceptibility to RA...
- Genetic associations in Italian primary sclerosing cholangitis: heterogeneity across Europe defines a critical role for HLA-CJohannes R Hov
Department of Medicine and Research Institute for Internal Medicine, Rikshospitalet, Oslo University Hospital, Oslo, Norway
J Hepatol 52:712-7. 2010..We aimed to exploit genetic differences between Northern Europe and Italy in an attempt to define a causative locus in this genetic region...
- Crystal structure of the human class II MHC protein HLA-DR1 complexed with an influenza virus peptideL J Stern
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Harvard University, Cambridge Massachusetts 62138
Nature 368:215-21. 1994..Twelve hydrogen bonds between conserved HLA-DR1 residues and the main chain of the peptide provide a universal mode of peptide binding, distinct from the strategy used by class I histocompatibility proteins...
- Allele frequencies and haplotypic associations defined by allelic DNA typing at HLA class I and class II loci in the Japanese populationS Saito
Nagano Red Cross Blood Center, Nagano, Japan
Tissue Antigens 56:522-9. 2000..A total of 20 HLA-A alleles, 16 HLA-Cw alleles, 38 HLA-B alleles, 27 HLA-DRB1 alleles, 15 HLA-DQB1 alleles and 12 HLA-DPB1 alleles were detected...
- HLA-DR antigen frequencies in Mexican patients with dengue virus infection: HLA-DR4 as a possible genetic resistance factor for dengue hemorrhagic feverCurtis LaFleur
Centro de Investigaciones sobre Enfermedades Infecciosas, Instituto Nacional de Salud Publica, Cuernavaca, Morelos, Mexico
Hum Immunol 63:1039-44. 2002The human leukocyte antigen DRB1 locus (HLA-DRB1) was typed in genomic DNA extracted from whole blood samples of 34 Mexican dengue hemorrhagic fever (DHF) patients and 47 dengue fever (DF) patients, by polymerase chain reaction-sequence-..
- Association of HLA-DR3 with anti-cyclic citrullinated peptide antibody-negative rheumatoid arthritisKirsten N Verpoort
Department of Rheumatology, Leiden University Medical Center, Leiden, The Netherlands
Arthritis Rheum 52:3058-62. 2005..data have shown that the most prominent and longest known genetic risk factors for rheumatoid arthritis (RA), HLA-DRB1 shared epitope alleles, are only associated with RA that is characterized by the presence of antibodies against ..
- Association of smoking with the constitution of the anti-cyclic citrullinated peptide response in the absence of HLA-DRB1 shared epitope allelesK N Verpoort
Leiden University Medical Center, Leiden, The Netherlands
Arthritis Rheum 56:2913-8. 2007..for anti-cyclic citrullinated peptide (anti-CCP) antibody-positive rheumatoid arthritis (RA) in patients with HLA-DRB1 shared epitope (SE) alleles...
- Non-class II HLA gene associated with type 1 diabetes maps to the 240-kb region near HLA-BS Nejentsev
Juvenile Diabetes Foundation Center for Type 1 Diabetes Prevention in Finland, Turku
Diabetes 49:2217-21. 2000..They were first genotyped for the selected alleles of the HLA-DQB1, -DQA1, and -DRB1 genes...
- Anti-caspase-8 autoantibody response in silicosis patients is associated with HLA-DRB1, DQB1 and DPB1 allelesAyako Ueki
Kawasaki University of Medical Welfare, Okayama, Japan
J Occup Health 47:61-7. 2005..The frequencies of HLA-DRB1*0406 were significantly higher in antibody positive patients (16.67%) than in control individuals (3.03%, p=0.0006)...
- A major histocompatibility Class I locus contributes to multiple sclerosis susceptibility independently from HLA-DRB1*15:01Bruce A C Cree
Department of Neurology, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, California, United States of America
PLoS ONE 5:e11296. 2010..susceptibility for multiple sclerosis (MS) is associated with alleles of the human leukocyte antigen (HLA) Class II gene DRB1. Whether other major histocompatibility complex (MHC) genes contribute to MS susceptibility is controversial.
- The structure of an intermediate in class II MHC maturation: CLIP bound to HLA-DR3P Ghosh
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Harvard University, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02138, USA
Nature 378:457-62. 1995..The structure is the substrate for the loading of antigenic peptides by an exchange process catalysed by DM...
- LYME ARTHRITIS: A NEW EPIDEMIC DISEASEAllen C Steere; Fiscal Year: 2010..treatment;they have had HLA-DRB molecules that bind the OspA163-i75 epitope of the spirochete, particularly the DRB1*0401, 0404 and 0101 molecules, and T cell reactivity with this epitope...
- HLA Alleles, Self-Peptides and Microbial Mimicry in SScJ Nelson; Fiscal Year: 2005..identity with a conserved sequence of HLA-DRbeta1 (aa 53-57), that extends further (aa 53-58, "LGRPDE") for DRB1 alleles that encode for DR11, which is associated with SSc...
- Chronic Lyme Arthritis: Is this Autoimmunity?Brigitte Huber; Fiscal Year: 2005..b) Analyses of OspA responses in HLA.DRB1 transgenic mice...
- Novel Linear Peptide Universal Malaria VaccinesAlberto Moreno; Fiscal Year: 2005..These putative universal T cell epitopes were identified by using in vitro peptide-binding assays to soluble DRB1* molecules...
- Allergic Condition Biomarkers and Glioma RiskJudith Schwartzbaum; Fiscal Year: 2004..Gene products of genetic polymorphisms found on the IL-4, IL-13, IL-4Ralpha, IL-13Ralpha1, HLA -DRB1, RANTES, and neuronal nitric oxide synthase (nNOS) play a role in both ACs and the brain...
- Impact of smoking on immune response and arthritis in humanized miceVeena Taneja; Fiscal Year: 2011DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): HLA-DQ8 and DRB1*0401 molecules render humans and transgenic mice susceptible to develop arthritis while DRB1*0402 provide protection...
- VAIDEHI RADHAKRISHNA CHOWDHARY; Fiscal Year: 2014..Using SmD as the candidate auto antigen and HLA-DR3 (DRB1*0301) transgenic mice and HLA-DR3 positive SLE patients, following specific aims are proposed 1) To demonstrate ..
- Elizabeth A Trachtenberg; Fiscal Year: 2014..Based on our previous work, the association of specific HLA haplotypes (eg. DRB1*0103-DQB1*0301) is particularly strong and, based on our recent GWAS, the strongest SNP association is with ..
- Genetic Susceptibility to Cervical CancerJanet Rader; Fiscal Year: 2009..We will select candidate genes that appear critical for the development of the cancer, including the HLA DQB1/DRB1 locus and other immune markers, genes that are cellular targets of HPV E6, E7, and E5 oncoproteins, and genes ..
- DOUGLAS FREDERICK LEVINSON; Fiscal Year: 2015..The entire targeted block of almost all exons and introns in 11 HLA genes in 8 loci (A, B, C, DRB1/3/4/5, DQA1, DQB1, DPA1, DPB1) will be amplified by long-range PCR, followed by very deep second-generation ..
- Yaron Tomer; Fiscal Year: 2015..goals: (1) We have shown that the presence of arginine at position beta 74 of the HLA-DR peptide binding pocket (DRb1-Arg74) is key to the development of AITD;(2) We identified 4 thyroglobulin (Tg) peptides that bind strongly to the ..
- ANALOG PEPTIDES IN COLLAGEN-INDUCED ARTHRITISLinda Myers; Fiscal Year: 2004..mice expressing HLA class II molecules associated with susceptibility to rheumatoid arthritis (RA) reveal that DR1 (DRB1*0101) and DR4 (DRB1*0401) can bind and present peptides derived from human (h) CII, and that mice bearing these ..
- IMMUNOGENETICS OF COLLAGEN INDUCED ARTHRITIS IN MICEChella David; Fiscal Year: 2009..HLA-DQ8 and DRB1*0401 molecules render humans and mice susceptible to develop arthritis while DQ6/DR2 and DRB1*0402 provide ..
- Veena Taneja; Fiscal Year: 2014..HLA-DQ8 and DRB1*0401 molecules render humans and mice susceptible to develop arthritis while DRB1*0402 provides protection...
- Thomas M Aune; Fiscal Year: 2014..However, in rheumatoid arthritis, via intrinsic mechanisms regulated by the presence of HLA-DRB1*04 alleles or other intrinsic pathways, these repair mechanisms;ATR, DNA-PKcs, and ATM, and cell cycle checkpoints, ..
- Sophia S Wang; Fiscal Year: 2016..In exploratory analyses, we have further identified associations with NHL survival with HLA-DRB1*13 and HLA-Bw4, HLA alleles notably associated with established NHL risk factors (e.g...
- Elizabeth W Karlson; Fiscal Year: 2014..A strong gene-environment (GXE) interaction between HLA-DRB1 alleles and smoking has been demonstrated for risk of the immune phenotype of CCP positive RA but not CCP negative ..
- Impact of genetic variation TLR/CD14 pathways and smoking in RATED RICHARD MIKULS; Fiscal Year: 2011..with disease susceptibility, is also associated with RA outcomes and its effect is likely modified by HLA-DRB1 alleles encoding the shared epitope (SE)...
- RICHARD JAMES REYNOLDS; Fiscal Year: 2015..the hypothesis that the MHC region harbors genes that have effects on RA risk in African Americans independent of HLA DRB1 SE, and to assess the genetic risk of non-HLA candidate loci in the MHC which have known association in ..
- Novel Biomarkers in Rheumatoid ArthritisWILLIAM FREDERICK CARSON RIGBY; Fiscal Year: 2013..examine the role of complement C4B gene copy number variation (CNV) on RA pathogenesis and its interaction with HLA-DRB1 alleles (e.g. the shared epitope) in influencing RA phenotype (disease severity, B cell hyperactivity)...
- Marian J Rewers; Fiscal Year: 2016..In the last funding period we discovered that in children followed from birth alleles DPB1*0402 and DRB1*0403 almost completely prevent islet autoimmunity in children less than 10 years old...
- Fine-mapping the MHC associations in rheumatoid arthritis from GWAS dataPAUL DE BAKKER; Fiscal Year: 2013..With the heritability of RA estimated at about 60%, the major genetic association has been linked to the HLA-DRB1 gene within the major histocompatibility complex (MHC) region on chromosome 6...
- Class II MHC Allele-Specific Signaling: A New Paradigm in Disease PathogenesisJoseph Holoshitz; Fiscal Year: 2012..The model system that will be studied here involves a recently discovered ligand encoded by certain HLA-DRB1 alleles and triggers oxidative stress in cells upon contact with a cell surface receptor that had been identified ..
- Naturally Occurring Dog Model for Juvenile DermatomyositisLeigh Anne Clark; Fiscal Year: 2013..Under the second aim, three-locus haplotypes will be determined for the DLA class II loci, DRB1, DQA1, and DQB1, and assessed for association with DM in dogs...
- CELLULAR MECHANISMS OF DRUG REACTIONS IN SCHIZOPHRENIAEdmond Yunis; Fiscal Year: 1999..HLA associations in patients with clozapine-induced agranulocytosis (CA): in Jewish patients, HLA-B38, DR4 (DRB1*0402, DQB1*0302, DQA1*0301, DPB1*0401), HSP70 9...
- The Identification of Risk Factors for the Complex MS PhenotypeLisa F Barcellos; Fiscal Year: 2012..distinguish between MS subgroups defined by the presence or absence of the well-established disease associated HLA-DRB1*15 genotype and other environmental exposures, and (c) the application of novel and powerful analytical tools to ..
- Annette M Langer-Gould; Fiscal Year: 2015..associated with an increased risk of MS in individuals who are positive for the main MS susceptibility allele, HLA-DRB1*15 compared with those who are negative for this allele (gene-environment interaction);and 3) to examine whether ..
- Ligand Directed Transdermal siRNA Delivery to Improve Wound HealingDavid M Evans; Fiscal Year: 2012..Amongst several other targets, factors such as transforming growth factor-ss1 (TGF-ss1), and COX-2 are upregulated in adult tissue and show reduced expression in fetal skin...
- Arthur A Vandenbark; Fiscal Year: 2014..RTL1000, comprised of the human MOG-35-55 peptide covalently linked to the MS risk factor, HLA-DR2b (DRB1*1501), is currently being tested in a Phase 1 clinical trial as a novel therapy for MS...
- Role of B cells in pathogenesis of Collagen-induced Arthritis in Humanized MiceVeena Taneja; Fiscal Year: 2012..HLA-DQ8 and DRB1*0401 molecules render humans and mice susceptible to develop arthritis while DQ6 and DRB1*0402 provide protection...
- Sharon M Moe; Fiscal Year: 2015..Transglutaminase 2 (TG2) is a calcium dependent enzyme that is a co-receptor with ss1 integrins and fibronectin on the cell membrane, and therefore involved in the communication between the ..
- S Louis Bridges; Fiscal Year: 2014DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): The cause of RA is unknown, but there is evidence of both genetic (e.g. HLA-DRB1) and environmental components (e.g. smoking and exposure to exogenous and self-antigens)...
- Richard Steet; Fiscal Year: 2016..Furthermore, we have noted changes in the secretion and storage of latent TGF-ss1 and integrity of fibronectin in ML-II patient fibroblasts...
- Novel RTL treatment to promote brain repair and cognitive recovery following methJENNIFER M contact LOFTIS; Fiscal Year: 2010..intended to test this hypothesis include: 1) evaluate the therapeutic efficacy of RTL551 (comprised of the distal ss1+11 domains of the mouse I-Ab class II molecule linked covalently to MOG-35-55 peptide) in improving cognitive ..
- Immune Suppression of Collagen ArthritisLinda K Myers; Fiscal Year: 2013..We have used humanized mice bearing DRB1*0101 and DRB1*0401 transgenes and the collagen- induced arthritis (CIA) model to develop a collagen-based ..
- Liangfang Zhang; Fiscal Year: 2016..Using an H. pylori Sydney strain (SS1) mouse model, we will also thoroughly evaluate the antimicrobial efficacy, toxicity and pharmacokinetics of the ..
- HLA Chip Product for FDA 510K ApprovalKRISHNA JAYARAMAN; Fiscal Year: 2011..others, suggests that the gene content of the HLA-Chip that we will submit for review by ASHI and by the FDA (A,B,C,DRB1,DQA,DQB,DPA &DQB) will be very similar, if not identical to the HLA-Chip that will be needed to support ..
- Ellen M Mowry; Fiscal Year: 2014..A vitamin D response element was recently identified in the promoter region of HLA-DRB1*15, the gene believed to be critical to initiating the autoimmune response in MS, and vitamin D increases the ..
- Joseph Holoshitz; Fiscal Year: 2016..mechanism of HLA- disease association, by showing that the single most important genetic risk factor for RA, a HLA-DRB1- coded sequence motif called 'shared epitope'(SE), is a signal transduction ligand that activates Th17 ..
- EMMANUELLE LAURENCE WAUBANT; Fiscal Year: 2015..Our pilot data suggest that prior Epstein-Barr virus (EBV) infection, and carrying the HLA-DRB1*1501 allele increase susceptibility to MS in children...
- Mechanisms for Latent TGF-beta1 Activation In VivoDaniel B Rifkin; Fiscal Year: 2012..functions of the SLC, we generated mutant mice (Tgfb1C33S/C33S and Tgfb1-/C33S) in which the cysteines in the TGF-ss1 propeptide that bind to LTBP were replaced by serines. This mutant TGF- ss1 propeptide cannot bind to LTBP...
- High-Throughput HLA-Typing: on Raw, Unpurified Cord Blood SamplesMichael E Hogan; Fiscal Year: 2013..In this R21, we will focus on HLA-A, HLA-B and DRB1 genes, which are known to have the strongest associations with UCB therapeutic outcome and HLA-C &DQB1 for ..
- GASTRIC CANCER INDUCED BY H PYLORI IN P27 DEFICIENT MICESteven Moss; Fiscal Year: 2009..Infection of p27-deficient mice with the SS1 strain of H...
- Genetic Epidemiology of Multiple SclerosisJonathan L Haines; Fiscal Year: 2010..While the first confirmed MS genetic association (with the HLA-DRB1*1501 allele) was identified in the early 1970's, additional success was not forthcoming using the then ..
- PATHOPHYSIOLOGY OF PEMPHIGUS IN VIVOGrant Anhalt; Fiscal Year: 2002..To break immune tolerance in transgenic mice expressing the human HLA DR4 gene (HLA-DRB1*0402) by immunization with recombinant human Dsg3. 2...
- FAULTY IMMUNE REGULATION IN AUTISMDennis Odell; Fiscal Year: 2000..1, 8.2 and 13. The DR4 (DRb1*0401) portion of the extended haplotype b44-SC30-DR4 shares a common amino acid sequence motif in the third ..
- SPONTANEOUS REGRESSION BIOMARKERS IN CERVIX DYSPLASIAGloria Ho; Fiscal Year: 2003..6, 16, 18, 31, 53, and 58, (2) cell-mediated immunity (CMI) to HPV 16 E6 and E7 peptides, (3) class II HLA DQB1 and DRB1 alleles, (4) plasma ascorbic acid level, and (5) red blood cell (RBC) folate level...
- Immune dysregulation by the rheumatoid arthritis shared epitopeJoseph Holoshitz; Fiscal Year: 2009..by the Rheumatoid Arthritis Shared Epitope Susceptibility to rheumatoid arthritis is strongly associated with HLA-DRB1 alleles encoding a five-amino acid sequence motif in positions 70-74 of the HLA-DR2 chain, called the shared ..
- GENETIC PREDICTORS OF RESPONSE TO TREATMENT IN EARLY RAS Bridges; Fiscal Year: 2001..b>HLA DRB1 alleles containing the shared epitope (SE) influence RA susceptibility and severity...
- HUMAN CARTILAGE GP39 IN HLA-DR4 TRANSGENIC MURINE MODELThomas Forsthuber; Fiscal Year: 2003..have been engineered to express human MHC class II alleles including the RA susceptibility alleles HLA-DR4 (HLA-DRB1 0401) and HLA-DRW 14 (HLA-DRB1 0404), which will thus create a murine immune system with humanized antigen ..
- Predictors of Treatment Response in Early Aggressive RAS Bridges; Fiscal Year: 2007..TNF plays an important role in the pathogenesis of RA and its gene lies in the MHC region near HLA DRB1 (for which alleles containing the shared epitope [SE] have established roles in RA)...
- HPV AND CERVIX NEOPLASIA--A CASE CONTROL STUDYHans Olov Adami; Fiscal Year: 1999..and PCR-based analyses including typing of 19 HPV-types, and of HLA class II haplotypes (HLA-DQB1 and HLA-DRB1) in one smear per individual...
- High Resolution Multiplexed DNA reverse-SSO Typing AssayJar How Lee; Fiscal Year: 2007..allele-level typing information that is important to improve the clinical outcome of BMT, particularly for the HLA-DRB1 locus (which affects the incidence of Graft vs. Host Disease (GvHD)...
- Identifying T cell ligands in sarcoidosisANDREW FONTENOT; Fiscal Year: 2005..Individuals with expanded bronchoalveolar lavage (BAL) Valpha2.3 subsets usually express the HLA DR allele, DRB1*0301...
- NARCOLEPSY--MULTICENTER GENETIC AND FAMILY STUDYSteven Henriksen; Fiscal Year: 2003..known, the disorder is strongly, but NOT always, associated with subtypes of the HLA region chromosome 6 [HLA-DR15(DRB1*1501) and HLA-DQ6(DQBl*0602)]...
- HLA Region Genetics and SLE in U.S. Black WomenLynn Rosenberg; Fiscal Year: 2009..Among the specific genes that we will assess are TNF, IKBL, MICA, and HLA-DRB1, with adjustment for C4A gene deletion status...
- INFLUENCE OF SEX AND HLA ON RHEUMATOID ARTHRITISGeorge Moxley; Fiscal Year: 2003..have shown that RA is independently associated with several disease susceptibility loci in the HLA region, not just DRB1 variants but also independently with tumor necrosis factor (TNFalpha) variants...
- Type 1 Diabetes Genetics ConsortiumStephen Rich; Fiscal Year: 2007..RNA, protein and cells, to enable future studies of immune function; (3) genotype HLA class II and class I genes (DRB1, DQB1, DPB1, DPA1, A, B, C), INS, and CTLA4polymorphisms as recognized type 1diabetes genetic risk factors...
- Multifactorial Genetic Disease Model:Schizophrenial/HLAWendie Robbins; Fiscal Year: 2003..The specific aims of the research are to: 1. Genotype immune HLA-A, HLA-B, HLA-DRB1, HLA-DQB1, and non-immune candidate schizophrenia loci Iq32.2-q41, 4q31, 9q2l, and Xpl1.4-11.3 and 2...
- Gene-Environment Interactions in RA Autoimmunity and Disease SeverityTed Mikuls; Fiscal Year: 2009..is also associated with RA outcome and its effect is likely modified by multiple genetic factors including HLA-DRB1 alleles encoding the shared epitope (SE) and drug metabolizing enzyme (DME) polymorphisms...
- Innate immune gene SNPS in African-Americans with RAPatricia Fraser; Fiscal Year: 2005..Predisposition to RA is inherited as a complex trait. Although specific HLA-DRB1 alleles show statistically significant increased frequencies among patients with RA that vary with race and ..
- Dominant CD4+ T Cell Regulation Causes Chronic InfectionGrete Sonderstrup; Fiscal Year: 2004..Further, the HLA-DRB1 1101,DQB 0301 alleles both present on a frequent Caucasian haplotype are associated with a better prognosis and a ..
- MHC Class II inhibitors for Multiple SclerosisGary Olson; Fiscal Year: 2007..The disease is associated with the major histocompatibility complex (MHC) class II molecule HLA- DR2 (DRA, DRB1*1501 ) that binds peptide antigens and presents them to T cells, initiating an immune response...
- NOVEL DRUG DISCOVERY FOR MULTIPLE SCLEROSISPeter Rhode; Fiscal Year: 2003..The strong genetic association between specific MHC class ll alleles, such as HLA-DR2 (DRB1*1501), and susceptibility to MS provides support to a mechanism in which disease-associated MHC molecules ..
- Vaccine potential of promiscuous mycobacterial peptidesHomayoun Shams; Fiscal Year: 2007..This will be achieved by immunizing transgenic mice expressing DRB1*0401, A*0201 or both molecules, with a DNA vaccine encoding CFP1071-90...