Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: HIST1H4L
Description: histone cluster 1 H4 family member l
Alias: H4.k, H4/k, H4FK, histone H4, H4 histone family, member K, histone 1, H4l, histone cluster 1, H4l
- Nuclear cyclin D1/CDK4 kinase regulates CUL4 expression and triggers neoplastic growth via activation of the PRMT5 methyltransferasePriya Aggarwal
Abramson Family Cancer Research Institute, Department of Cancer Biology, Abramson Cancer Center, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, 19104, USA
Cancer Cell 18:329-40. 2010..Importantly, human cancers harboring mutations in Fbx4, the cyclin D1 E3 ligase, exhibit nuclear cyclin D1 accumulation and increased PRMT5 activity...
- Structural insights into recognition of acetylated histone ligands by the BRPF1 bromodomainMulu Y Lubula
Department of Pharmaceutical Science, Albany College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences, Colchester, VT 05446, USA
FEBS Lett 588:3844-54. 2014..Our results provide critical insights into the molecular mechanism of ligand binding by the BRPF1 bromodomain, and reveal that ordered water molecules are an essential component driving ligand recognition. ..
- Molecular functions of the TLE tetramerization domain in Wnt target gene repressionJayanth V Chodaparambil
Departments of Structural Biology and Molecular and Cellular Physiology, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, CA, USA
EMBO J 33:719-31. 2014..Furthermore, the TLE Q tetramer, not the dimer, binds to chromatin, specifically to K20 methylated histone H4 tails, suggesting that the TCF/TLE tetramer complex promotes structural transitions of chromatin to mediate ..
- Disrupting the interaction of BRD4 with diacetylated Twist suppresses tumorigenesis in basal-like breast cancerJian Shi
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biochemistry, College of Medicine, University of Kentucky, Lexington, KY 40506, USA Markey Cancer Center, College of Medicine, University of Kentucky, Lexington, KY 40506, USA
Cancer Cell 25:210-25. 2014..Twist contains a "histone H4-mimic" GK-X-GK motif that is diacetylated by Tip60...
- Brd4 and JMJD6-associated anti-pause enhancers in regulation of transcriptional pause releaseWen Liu
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Department of Medicine, School of Medicine, University of California, San Diego, 9500 Gilman Drive, La Jolla, CA 92093, USA School of Pharmaceutical Science, Xiamen University, Xiang an South Road, Xiamen, Fujian 361102, China Electronic address
Cell 155:1581-95. 2013..The functions of JMJD6/ Brd4-associated dual histone and RNA demethylase activity on anti-pause enhancers have intriguing implications for these proteins in development, homeostasis, and disease. ..
- Reduced H3K27me3 and DNA hypomethylation are major drivers of gene expression in K27M mutant pediatric high-grade gliomasSebastian Bender
Division of Pediatric Neurooncology, German Cancer Research Center DKFZ, 69120 Heidelberg, Germany Department of Pediatric Oncology, Hematology, and Immunology, Heidelberg University Hospital, 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
Cancer Cell 24:660-72. 2013....
- The CH2 domain of CBP/p300 is a novel zinc fingerSangho Park
Department of Integrative Structural and Computational Biology and Skaggs Institute of Chemical Biology, The Scripps Research Institute, 10550 North Torrey Pines Road, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
FEBS Lett 587:2506-11. 2013..We tested the hypothesis that the bromodomain and the CH2 domain can interact with histones, but found that the CH2 does not participate in histone-recognition. ..
- RNF8- and RNF168-dependent degradation of KDM4A/JMJD2A triggers 53BP1 recruitment to DNA damage sitesFrédérick A Mallette
Terry Fox Molecular Oncology Group and the Bloomfield Center for Research on Aging, Sir Mortimer B Davis Jewish General Hospital, Lady Davis Institute for Medical Research, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
EMBO J 31:1865-78. 2012..of the ubiquitination cascade controlled by the E3 ubiquitin ligases RNF8 and RNF168, and methylation of histone H4 on lysine 20...
- Human PIH1 associates with histone H4 to mediate the glucose-dependent enhancement of pre-rRNA synthesisNiu Zhai
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, National Laboratory of Medical Molecular Biology, Institute of Basic Medical Sciences, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences and Peking Union Medical College, 5 Dongdan Santiao, Beijing 100005, China
J Mol Cell Biol 4:231-41. 2012..Here, we show that human PIH1 domain-containing protein 1 (PIH1) interacts directly with histone H4 and recruits the Brg1-SWI/SNF complex via SNF5 to human rRNA genes...
- SET8 promotes epithelial-mesenchymal transition and confers TWIST dual transcriptional activitiesFen Yang
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Key Laboratory of Carcinogenesis and Translational Research Ministry of Education, Peking University Health Science Center, Beijing, China
EMBO J 31:110-23. 2012....
- Recognition of a mononucleosomal histone modification pattern by BPTF via multivalent interactionsAlexander J Ruthenburg
Laboratory of Chromatin Biology and Epigenetics, The Rockefeller University, 1230 York Avenue, New York, NY, 10065, USA
Cell 145:692-706. 2011..Together, our data call attention to nucleosomal patterning of covalent marks in dictating critical chromatin associations...
- Structure of a CENP-A-histone H4 heterodimer in complex with chaperone HJURPHao Hu
National Laboratory of Biomacromolecules, Institute of Biophysics, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing 100101, China
Genes Dev 25:901-6. 2011..The crystal structure of an HJURP-CENP-A-histone H4 complex shows that HJURP binds a CENP-A-H4 heterodimer...
- Protein-DNA interactions in vivo upstream of a cell cycle-regulated human H4 histone geneU Pauli
Science 236:1308-11. 1987..These protein-DNA interactions persist during all phases of the cell cycle and dissociate with 0.16 to 0.2M sodium chloride...
- Structural implications for K5/K12-di-acetylated histone H4 recognition by the second bromodomain of BRD2Takashi Umehara
RIKEN Systems and Structural Biology Center, Tsurumi, Yokohama, Japan
FEBS Lett 584:3901-8. 2010..mechanism for how the N-terminal bromodomain of human BRD2 (BRD2-BD1) deciphers the mono-acetylated status of histone H4 tail was recently reported...
- PR-Set7 establishes a repressive trans-tail histone code that regulates differentiationJennifer K Sims
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Southern California Keck School of Medicine, Los Angeles, California 90033, USA
Mol Cell Biol 28:4459-68. 2008..We previously discovered a novel trans-tail histone code involving monomethylated histone H4 lysine 20 (H4K20) and H3 lysine 9 (H3K9); however, the mechanisms that establish this code and its function in ..
- Histone H4 lysine 20 monomethylation promotes transcriptional repression by L3MBTL1N Kalakonda
Laboratory of Molecular Aspects of Hematopoiesis, Sloan Kettering Institute, New York, NY, USA
Oncogene 27:4293-304. 2008..Our studies identify the importance of H4K20 monomethylation and of PR-SET7 for L3MBTL1 function...
- The histone-binding protein COPR5 is required for nuclear functions of the protein arginine methyltransferase PRMT5Matthieu Lacroix
Institut de Genetique Moleculaire de Montpellier, Universite de Montpellier, Montpellier 34293, France
EMBO Rep 9:452-8. 2008..PRMT5 bound to COPR5 methylates histone H4 (R3) preferentially when compared with histone H3 (R8), suggesting that COPR5 modulates the substrate ..
- L3MBTL1, a histone-methylation-dependent chromatin lockPatrick Trojer
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, 683 Hoes Lane, Piscataway, NJ 08854, USA
Cell 129:915-28. 2007..this, we found that the L3MBTL1 MBT domains compact nucleosomal arrays dependent on mono- and dimethylation of histone H4 lysine 20 and of histone H1b lysine 26...
- The N-CoR complex enables chromatin remodeler SNF2H to enhance repression by thyroid hormone receptorTheresa Alenghat
Division of Endocrinology, Diabetes, and Metabolism, Department of Medicine, and The Institute for Diabetes, Obesity, and Metabolism, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA 19104 6149, USA
EMBO J 25:3966-74. 2006..SNF2H does not interact directly with the N-CoR/HDAC3 complex, but binds to unacetylated histone H4 tails, suggesting that deacetylase activity of the corepressor complex is critical to SNF2H function...
- Specificity and mechanism of the histone methyltransferase Pr-Set7Bing Xiao
National Institute for Medical Research, The Ridgeway, Mill Hill, London, NW7 1AA, United Kingdom
Genes Dev 19:1444-54. 2005..the crystal structure of a ternary complex of the enzyme Pr-Set7 (also known as Set8) that methylates Lys 20 of histone H4 (H4-K20)...
- Identification of proteins interacting with the RNAPII FCP1 phosphatase: FCP1 forms a complex with arginine methyltransferase PRMT5 and it is a substrate for PRMT5-mediated methylationStefano Amente
Department of Genetics, General and Molecular Biology, University of Naples Federico II Naples, Via Mezzocannone 8, 80134 Naples, Italy
FEBS Lett 579:683-9. 2005..We found that FCP1 is a genuine substrate of PRMT5-methylation both in vivo and in vitro, and FCP1-associated PRMT5 can methylate histones H4 in vitro...
- Identification of HiNF-P, a key activator of cell cycle-controlled histone H4 genes at the onset of S phasePartha Mitra
Department of Cell Biology and Cancer Center, University of Massachusetts Medical School, 55 Lake Avenue North, Worcester, MA 01655, USA
Mol Cell Biol 23:8110-23. 2003..characterized the critical transcription factor HiNF-P, which is required for E2F-independent activation of the histone H4 multigene family...
- Three proteins define a class of human histone deacetylases related to yeast Hda1pC M Grozinger
Departments of Chemistry and Chemical Biology and Molecular and Cellular Biology, Harvard University, 12 Oxford Street, Cambridge, MA 02138, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 96:4868-73. 1999..However, HDAC4 and HDAC5 associate with HDAC3 in vivo. This finding suggests that the human class II HDAC enzymes may function in cellular processes distinct from those of HDAC1 and HDAC2...
- The integrated activities of IRF-2 (HiNF-M), CDP/cut (HiNF-D) and H4TF-2 (HiNF-P) regulate transcription of a cell cycle controlled human histone H4 gene: mechanistic differences between distinct H4 genesF Aziz
Department of Cell Biology, University of Massachusetts Medical Center, Worcester 01655, USA
Mol Biol Rep 25:1-12. 1998Maximal transcription of a prototypical cell cycle controlled histone H4 gene requires a proliferation-specific in vivo genomic protein/DNA interaction element, Site II...
- A conserved function for the H2A.Z C terminusDaniel Wratting
Faculty of Life Sciences, University of Manchester M13 9PT, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 287:19148-57. 2012..Z in both yeast and human cells are more loosely associated with chromatin than the full-length proteins, indicating a conserved function for the H2A.Z C-terminal tail in regulating the association of H2A.Z with nucleosomes...
- Potential downstream target genes of aberrant ETS transcription factors are differentially affected in Ewing's sarcoma and prostate carcinomaMaria J Camões
Department of Genetics, Portuguese Oncology Institute Porto, Porto, Portugal
PLoS ONE 7:e49819. 2012..among the top-most differentially expressed between PCa with (PCa ERG+) and without (PCa ETS-) ETS fusion genes (HIST1H4L, KCNN2, ECRG4 and LDOC1), as well as four well-validated direct targets of the EWSR1-FLI1 chimeric protein in ..
- Characterization of the H1.5 gene completes the set of human H1 subtype genesW Albig
Institut fur Biochemie und Molekulare Zellbiologie, Universitaet Goettingen, Germany
Gene 184:141-8. 1997..The H2B sequence shows no typical regulatory elements and no complete ORF, therefore we consider it as a pseudogene. The expression of the H1.5 gene was examined in several cell lines...