Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: HIST1H2BE
Description: histone cluster 1, H2be
Alias: H2B.h, H2B/h, H2BFH, dJ221C16.8, H2B histone family, member H, histone 1, H2be, histone H2B type 1-C/E/F/G/I, histone H2B.1 A, histone H2B.h
- Human spleen histone H2B. Isolation and amino acid sequenceY Ohe
J Biochem 85:615-24. 1979..Thus, it is concluded that the H2B sequence of lower mammals was conserved during the evolutionary process leading to man...
- A novel divergently transcribed human histone H2A/H2B gene pairT Dobner
Institut fur Biochemie, Ludwig Maximilians Universitat, Munchen, Germany
DNA Seq 1:409-13. 1991..The spatial arrangement and orientation of two TATA-boxes, four CAAT-boxes, and one H2B-box within this region suggests that the linked genes share common promoter elements for transcriptional regulation...
- Apoptotic phosphorylation of histone H2B is mediated by mammalian sterile twenty kinaseWang L Cheung
Department of Microbiology, University of Virginia Health System, Charlottesville 22908, USA
Cell 113:507-17. 2003..Our data provide evidence for a potential apoptotic "histone code."..
- Inhibition of core histones acetylation by carcinogenic nickel(II)Filip Golebiowski
Laboratory of Comparative Carcinogenesis, NCI at Frederick, Frederick, MD, 21702 1201, USA
Mol Cell Biochem 279:133-9. 2005..The observed effects may contribute to neoplastic transformation of Ni(II)-exposed cells...
- Monoubiquitination of human histone H2B: the factors involved and their roles in HOX gene regulationBing Zhu
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Division of Nucleic Acids Enzymology, Department of Biochemistry, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, 683 Hoes Lane, Piscataway, New Jersey 08854, USA
Mol Cell 20:601-11. 2005..In contrast, RNAi against the RNF20/40 complex or hPAF complex reduces H2B monoubiquitination, lowers methylation levels at H3 lysines 4 and 79, and represses HOX gene expression...
- Characterization of histone H2A and H2B variants and their post-translational modifications by mass spectrometryDebora Bonenfant
Genome and Proteome Sciences, Novartis Institutes for BioMedical Research, CH 4056 Basel, Switzerland
Mol Cell Proteomics 5:541-52. 2006..The analysis of core histone subtypes with their modifications provides a first step toward an understanding of the functional significance of the diversity of histone structures...
- Quantitative proteomic analysis of post-translational modifications of human histonesHans Christian Beck
Danish Technological Institute, Holbergsvej 10, DK 6000 Kolding, Denmark
Mol Cell Proteomics 5:1314-25. 2006..This demonstrates that mass spectrometry-based quantitative proteomic analysis of post-translational modifications is a viable approach for functional analysis of candidate drugs, such as HDAC inhibitors...
- Histone H2B monoubiquitination functions cooperatively with FACT to regulate elongation by RNA polymerase IIRushad Pavri
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Department of Biochemistry, Division of Nucleic Acids Enzymology, Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, 683 Hoes Lane, Piscataway, NJ 08854, USA
Cell 125:703-17. 2006....