Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: HIST1H2AL
Description: histone cluster 1 H2A family member l
Alias: H2A.i, H2A/i, H2AFI, dJ193B12.9, histone H2A type 1, H2A histone family, member I, H2A.1, histone 1, H2al, histone cluster 1, H2al
- Selection of reference genes for quantitative real-time PCR in equine in vivo and fresh and frozen-thawed in vitro blastocystsKatrien Smits
Department of Nutrition, Genetics and Ethology, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Ghent University, Heidestraat 19, 9820 Merelbeke, Belgium
BMC Res Notes 2:246. 2009..In this study a set of reliable reference genes was identified for equine in vivo and fresh and frozen-thawed in vitro embryos...
- Precise characterization of human histones in the H2A gene family by top down mass spectrometryMichael T Boyne
Department of Chemistry, University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign, Urbana, Illinois 61801, USA
J Proteome Res 5:248-53. 2006..This unequivocal identification of H2A forms illustrates the advantages of Top Down Mass Spectrometry and provides a global perspective of H2A regulation through the cell cycle...
- Human USP3 is a chromatin modifier required for S phase progression and genome stabilityFrancesco Nicassio
IFOM, Istituto FIRC di Oncologia Molecolare, Via Adamello 16, 20139 Milan, Italy
Curr Biol 17:1972-7. 2007..Together, our results implicate USP3 as a novel chromatin modifier in the maintenance of genome integrity...
- Molecular mimicry between IL-33 and KSHV for attachment to chromatin through the H2A-H2B acidic pocketLucie Roussel
CNRS, IPBS Institute of Pharmacology and Structural Biology, 205 route de Narbonne, F 31077 Toulouse, France
EMBO Rep 9:1006-12. 2008..In addition, the data provide, to the best of our knowledge, the first demonstration of the existence of non-histone cellular factors that bind to the acidic pocket of the nucleosome...
- Macro histone H2A1.2 (macroH2A1) protein suppresses mitotic kinase VRK1 during interphaseWanil Kim
Department of Life Science, Division of Molecular and Life Science, Pohang University of Science and Technology, Pohang 790 784, Republic of Korea
J Biol Chem 287:5278-89. 2012..2 by NMR spectroscopy. Hence, our findings might provide valuable insight into the underlying molecular mechanism regarding an epigenetic regulation of histone H3 during the cell cycle...
- Structural insights into recognition of acetylated histone ligands by the BRPF1 bromodomainMulu Y Lubula
Department of Pharmaceutical Science, Albany College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences, Colchester, VT 05446, USA
FEBS Lett 588:3844-54. 2014..Our results provide critical insights into the molecular mechanism of ligand binding by the BRPF1 bromodomain, and reveal that ordered water molecules are an essential component driving ligand recognition. ..
- Transcriptional signatures of somatic neoblasts and germline cells in Macrostomum lignanoMagda Grudniewska
European Research Institute for the Biology of Ageing, University of Groningen, University Medical Center Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands
elife 5:. 2016..The generated M. lignano transcriptome assembly and gene expression signatures of somatic neoblasts and germline cells will be a valuable resource for future molecular studies in M. lignano...
- Definition of a C-reactive protein binding determinant on histonesT W Du Clos
Veterans Administration Medical Center, Albuquerque, New Mexico 87108
J Biol Chem 266:2167-71. 1991..Thus we have defined the first reported CRP binding determinant on a protein...
- Presence of particular transcription regulatory elements in the 5'-intergenic region shared by the chicken H2A-III and H2B-V pairT Ohshige
Department of Biochemistry, Miyazaki Medical College, Japan
Gene 131:193-9. 1993..These findings, together with those reported previously on the H2A-V/H2B-II pair, suggest distinct manners of transcription regulation of different members of the chicken histone gene families, H2A and H2B...
- Characterization of the H1.5 gene completes the set of human H1 subtype genesW Albig
Institut fur Biochemie und Molekulare Zellbiologie, Universitaet Goettingen, Germany
Gene 184:141-8. 1997..The H2B sequence shows no typical regulatory elements and no complete ORF, therefore we consider it as a pseudogene. The expression of the H1.5 gene was examined in several cell lines...
- SAP30, a novel protein conserved between human and yeast, is a component of a histone deacetylase complexY Zhang
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, Robert Wood Johnson Medical School Piscataway, New Jersey 08854, USA
Mol Cell 1:1021-31. 1998..These results define SAP30 as a component of a histone deacetylase complex conserved among eukaryotic organisms...
- Gadd45, a p53-responsive stress protein, modifies DNA accessibility on damaged chromatinF Carrier
Laboratory of Biological Chemistry, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892 4255, USA
Mol Cell Biol 19:1673-85. 1999..Both histone acetylation and UV radiation are thought to destabilize the nucleosomal structure. Hence, these results imply that Gadd45 can recognize an altered chromatin state and modulate DNA accessibility to cellular proteins...
- The human H2A and H2B histone gene complementW Albig
Institut fur Biochemie und Molekulare Zellbiologie, Universitat Gottingen, Germany
Biol Chem 380:7-18. 1999..The genes show varying expression patterns in different tumor cell lines...
- Regulation of transcription by the heterogeneous nuclear ribonucleoprotein E1B-AP5 is mediated by complex formation with the novel bromodomain-containing protein BRD7Julia Kzhyshkowska
Universitat Heidelberg, Uni Klinikum Mannheim, Dermatologie, Theodor Kutzer Ufer 1 3, D 68167 Mannheim, Germany
Biochem J 371:385-93. 2003..We conclude that complex formation between BRD7 and E1B-AP5 links chromatin events with mRNA processing at the level of transcriptional regulation...
- RADIATION INDUCED RNA BINDING PROTEINSFrance Carrier; Fiscal Year: 2002..We also plan to study the role of A-18, an independently isolated clone coding for a RBP induced by ultra-violet light, in the stress response. ..
- Biomodulation of anticancer drugs targeting DNAFrance Carrier; Fiscal Year: 2009..This proposal will provide a better understanding of the basic mechanisms mediating this effect and will contribute to guide and develop mechanism-based therapeutics for cancer treatments. ..