Genomes and Genes
hepatocyte growth factor
Gene Symbol: hepatocyte growth factor
Description: hepatocyte growth factor
Alias: DFNB39, F-TCF, HGFB, HPTA, hepatocyte growth factor, fibroblast-derived tumor cytotoxic factor, hepatocyte growth factor (hepapoietin A; scatter factor), hepatopoietin-A, lung fibroblast-derived mitogen
Publications260 found, 100 shown here
- HGF, SDF-1, and MMP-9 are involved in stress-induced human CD34+ stem cell recruitment to the liverOrit Kollet
Department of Immunology, Weizmann Institute of Science, Rehovot 76100, Israel
J Clin Invest 112:160-9. 2003..Our results suggest the potential of hematopoietic CD34+/CXCR4+cells to respond to stress signals from nonhematopoietic injured organs as an important mechanism for tissue targeting and repair...
- Cell surface proteoglycan syndecan-1 mediates hepatocyte growth factor binding and promotes Met signaling in multiple myelomaPatrick W B Derksen
Department of Pathology, Academic Medical Center, University of Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Blood 99:1405-10. 2002..For this purpose, the interaction was studied between syndecan-1 and hepatocyte growth factor (HGF), a putative paracrine and autocrine regulator of MM growth...
- Interactions of multiple heparin binding growth factors with neuropilin-1 and potentiation of the activity of fibroblast growth factor-2David C West
School of Biological Sciences, Biosciences Building, University of Liverpool, Liverpool, L69 7ZB, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 280:13457-64. 2005..The results show that fibroblast growth factor (FGF) 1, 2, 4, and 7, FGF receptor 1, hepatocyte growth factor/scatter factor (HGF/SF), FGF-binding protein, normal protease sensitive form of prion protein, ..
- Apoptotic cell instillation after bleomycin attenuates lung injury through hepatocyte growth factor inductionYe Ji Lee
Dept of Physiology, Tissue Injury Defense Research Center, School of Medicine, Ewha Womans University, 911 1 Mok 6 dong, Yangcheon Gu, Seoul 158 056, Korea
Eur Respir J 40:424-35. 2012Apoptotic cell clearance by macrophages and neighbouring tissue cells induces hepatocyte growth factor (HGF) secretion. HGF plays a key role in alveolar epithelial regeneration and reconstruction after lung injury...
- HGF induces fibronectin matrix synthesis in melanoma cells through MAP kinase-dependent signaling pathway and induction of Egr-1Cedric Gaggioli
INSERM Unité 597, Biologie et Pathologies des cellules mélanocytaires, équipe labellisée la Ligue 2001, IFR 50, 06107 Nice Cedex 2, France
Oncogene 24:1423-33. 2005..We report that hepatocyte growth factor/scatter factor (HGF) induces fibronectin expression and its extracellular assembly on the surface of ..
- Stabilization of hepatocyte growth factor mRNA by hypoxia-inducible factor 1Sheng Hua Chu
Department of Neurosurgery, No 3 People s Hospital Affiliated to Shanghai Jiao Tong University School of Medicine, Shanghai, China
Mol Biol Rep 36:1967-75. 2009Hypoxia regulates expression of hepatocyte growth factor (HGF) by increasing its transcription and by stabilizing its mRNA...
- Hepatocyte growth factor enhances ovarian cancer cell invasion through downregulation of thrombospondin-1Wei Wei
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Qilu Hospital, Shandong University, Ji nan 250012, Shandong, China
Cancer Biol Ther 9:79-87. 2010b>Hepatocyte growth factor (HGF) plays an important role in stimulating tumor invasion and metastasis of tumor cells. However, the exact mechanisms of HGF regulation of cell invasion are largely unknown...
- Endogenous cardiac stem cell activation by insulin-like growth factor-1/hepatocyte growth factor intracoronary injection fosters survival and regeneration of the infarcted pig heartGeorgina M Ellison
The Stem Cell and Regenerative Biology Unit BioStem, RISES, Liverpool John Moores University, Liverpool, UK
J Am Coll Cardiol 58:977-86. 2011The purpose of this study was to test the ability of insulin-like growth factor (IGF)-1/hepatocyte growth factor (HGF) to activate resident endogenous porcine cardiac stem/progenitor cells (epCSCs) and to promote myocardial repair through ..
- Downregulation of E-cadherin and Desmoglein 1 by autocrine hepatocyte growth factor during melanoma developmentG Li
The Wistar Institute, 3601 Spruce Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, PA 19104, USA
Oncogene 20:8125-35. 2001..This study investigated the regulation of cell adhesion by hepatocyte growth factor (HGF) in melanoma...
- Hepatocyte growth factor induced up-regulations of VEGF through Egr-1 in hepatocellular carcinoma cellsKyung Hee Lee
Department of Hemato Oncology, College of Medicine, Yeungnam University, Daegu 705 717, Republic of Korea
Clin Exp Metastasis 26:685-92. 2009The potential role of hepatocyte growth factor (HGF) in the regulation of angiogenesis factors in hepatoma cells is not widely appreciated...
- Hepatocyte growth factor in lung repair and pulmonary fibrosisRonald Allan M Panganiban
Department of Pharmacology, Uniformed Services University of Health Sciences, Bethesda, MD 20852, USA
Acta Pharmacol Sin 32:12-20. 2011..b>Hepatocyte growth factor (HGF) is a pleiotropic factor, which induces cellular motility, survival, proliferation, and ..
- Hepatocyte growth factor suppresses transforming growth factor-beta-1 and type III collagen in human primary renal fibroblastsShan Mou
Renal Division, Renji Hospital, Shanghai Jiaotong University School of Medicine, Shanghai, China
Kaohsiung J Med Sci 25:577-87. 2009..In contrast, hepatocyte growth factor (HGF) has shown therapeutic effects on injured renal tubules in animal models...
- Alteration of HGF and TSP-1 expression in ovarian carcinoma associated with clinical featuresWei Wei
Departments of Obstetrics and Gynecology Basic Medicine, Qilu Hospital of Shandong University Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Provincial Hospital affiliated to Shandong University, Shandong, China
J Obstet Gynaecol Res 38:57-64. 2012The aim of this study was to investigate the expression levels of hepatocyte growth factor (HGF) and thrombospondin-1 (TSP-1) with the clinical pathological factors in ovarian cancer, and the correlation between HGF and TSP-1 expression ..
- SNP analyses of growth factor genes EGF, TGFbeta-1, and HGF reveal haplotypic association of EGF with autismTakao Toyoda
Department of Psychiatry and Neurology, Hamamatsu University School of Medicine, Hamamatsu 431 3192, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 360:715-20. 2007..Transforming growth factor-beta (TGFbeta) isoforms play an important role in neuronal survival, and the hepatocyte growth factor (HGF) has been shown to exhibit neurotrophic activity...
- AP-1-controlled hepatocyte growth factor activation promotes keratinocyte migration via CEACAM1 and urokinase plasminogen activator/urokinase plasminogen receptorStephanie Schnickmann
Institute of Pathology, University Hospital of Heidelberg, Heidelberg, Germany
J Invest Dermatol 129:1140-8. 2009..Mesenchymal cell-derived hepatocyte growth factor (HGF) is a central regulator of this process...
- Hepatocyte growth factor and keratinocyte growth factor enhance IL-1-induced IL-8 secretion through different mechanisms in Caco-2 epithelial cellsBenjamin L Unger
Department of Biological Sciences, Binghamton University SUNY, Binghamton, NY 13902 6000, USA
In Vitro Cell Dev Biol Anim 47:173-81. 2011..Previously, we have shown that hepatocyte growth factor (HGF) could significantly enhance IL-1-stimulated IL-8 secretion by the Caco-2 colonic epithelial cell ..
- Differential gene expression of MMP-1, TIMP-1 and HGF in clinically involved and uninvolved skin in South Africans with SScJacqueline Frost
Division of Rheumatology, Faculty of Health Sciences, Chris Hani Baragwanath Academic Hospital, P O Bertsham 2013, South Africa
Rheumatology (Oxford) 51:1049-52. 2012To investigate the differential expression of MMP-1, tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase-1 (TIMP-1) and hepatocyte growth factor (HGF) in clinically involved (affected) and uninvolved (unaffected) skin in patients with SSc.
- Hepatocyte growth factor regulates E box-dependent plasminogen activator inhibitor type 1 gene expression in HepG2 liver cellsShogo Imagawa
The Department of Cardiovascular Medicine, Hokkaido University Graduate School of Medicine, Kita 15, Nishi 7, Kitaku, Sapporo, Japan 060 8638
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 26:2407-13. 2006We sought to determine the etiologic mechanism of pleiotropic growth factor, hepatocyte growth factor (HGF), as a regulator of hepatic synthesis of plasminogen activator inhibitor (PAI)-1, the physiological inhibitor of fibrinolysis and a ..
- DSCAM is a netrin receptor that collaborates with DCC in mediating turning responses to netrin-1Alice Ly
Department of Molecular, Cellular, and Developmental Biology, Yale University, 266 Whitney Avenue, New Haven, CT 06520, USA
Cell 133:1241-54. 2008..These results show that DSCAM is a receptor that can mediate turning responses to netrin-1 and support a key role for netrin/DSCAM signaling in commissural axon guidance in vertebrates...
- Evidence for the identity of human scatter factor and human hepatocyte growth factorK M Weidner
Institut für Zellbiologie Tumorforschung, Medical School, Essen, Federal Republic of Germany
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 88:7001-5. 1991..b>Hepatocyte growth factor (HGF), a protein isolated from serum of patients with liver failure, is a potent mitogen for hepatocytes ..
- Hepatocyte growth factor promotes lymphatic vessel formation and functionKentaro Kajiya
Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Swiss Federal Institute of Technology Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland
EMBO J 24:2885-95. 2005..versus blood vascular endothelial cells (BVEC) revealed that LEC express significantly higher levels of hepatocyte growth factor receptor (HGF-R)...
- HGF and MET mutations in primary and secondary lymphedemaDavid N Finegold
Department of Human Genetics, Graduate School of Public Health, University of Pittsburgh, 130 DeSoto Street, Pittsburgh, PA 15261, USA
Lymphat Res Biol 6:65-8. 2008..Recent observations suggested that hepatocyte growth factor/high affinity hepatocyte growth factor receptor (HGF/MET) were new candidate lymphedema genes.
- HGF-induced PKCζ activation increases functional CXCR4 expression in human breast cancer cellsSongyin Huang
Department of Laboratory, Sun Yat Sen Memorial Hospital, Sun Yat Sen University, Guangzhou, China
PLoS ONE 7:e29124. 2012..Interaction between hepatocyte growth factor (HGF) and the Met receptor tyrosine kinase mediates development and progression of cancers...
- Keratinocyte and hepatocyte growth factors in the lung: roles in lung development, inflammation, and repairLorraine B Ware
Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care, Department of Medicine, University of California, Los Angeles 90024, USA
Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 282:L924-40. 2002..growth factors keratinocyte growth factor (KGF), fibroblast growth factor (FGF)-10, and hepatocyte growth factor (HGF) play important roles in lung development, lung inflammation, and repair...
- Activation of the hepatocyte growth factor (HGF)-Met system in papillary thyroid cancer: biological effects of HGF in thyroid cancer cells depend on Met expression levelsRossana Mineo
Dipartimento di Medicina Sperimentale e Clinica, Policlinico Mater Domini, University of Catanzaro Magna Graecia, Via Tommaso Campanella 115, 88100 Catanzaro, Italy
Endocrinology 145:4355-65. 2004Met, the receptor for hepatocyte growth factor (HGF), is overexpressed in approximately 90% papillary thyroid carcinomas...
- Co-elevated expression of hepatocyte growth factor and Interleukin-8 contributes to poor prognosis of patients with primary nasopharyngeal carcinomaLi Qiong Xie
Department of Pathology, 1st Affiliated Hospital, Sun Yat Sen University, Guangzhou, P R China
Oncol Rep 23:141-50. 2010b>Hepatocyte growth factor (HGF) related tumor angiogenesis and prognosis of patients with nasopharyngeal carcinoma (NPC) has not been identified...
- The association of hepatocyte growth factor (HGF) gene with primary angle closure glaucoma in the Nepalese populationMona S Awadalla
Department of Ophthalmology, Flinders University, Flinders Medical Centre Adelaide, South Australia
Mol Vis 17:2248-54. 2011Genetic variation in the hepatocyte growth factor (HGF) gene has recently been associated with hyperopia, which is a known risk factor for primary angle closure glaucoma (PACG)...
- The migration of bone marrow-derived non-hematopoietic tissue-committed stem cells is regulated in an SDF-1-, HGF-, and LIF-dependent mannerMagda Kucia
Stem Cell Biology Program at the James Graham Brown Cancer Center, University of Louisville, 529 South Jackson Street, Louisville, KY 40202, USA
Arch Immunol Ther Exp (Warsz) 54:121-35. 2006..In this study we evaluated whether TCSCs respond to other motomorphogens, such as hepatocyte growth factor (HGF) and leukemia inhibitory factor (LIF).
- Hepatocyte growth factor inhibits anoikis by induction of activator protein 1-dependent cyclooxygenase-2. Implication in head and neck squamous cell carcinoma progressionQinghua Zeng
Laboratory of Molecular Signaling and Apoptosis, Department of Biologic and Materials Sciences, School of Dentistry and Medicine, University of Michigan, 1011 N University Avenue, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 1078, USA
J Biol Chem 277:50137-42. 2002..Recently we found that hepatocyte growth factor (HGF) inhibited anoikis of human head and neck squamous cell carcinoma (HNSCC) cells by activating the ..
- Expression of hepatocyte growth factor and c-Met in the anterior horn cells of the spinal cord in the patients with amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS): immunohistochemical studies on sporadic ALS and familial ALS with superoxide dismutase 1 gene mutationShinsuke Kato
Department of Neuropathology, Institute of Neurological Sciences, Faculty of Medicine, Tottori University, Nishi cho 36 1, 683 8504, Yonago, Japan
Acta Neuropathol 106:112-20. 2003..with superoxide dismutase 1 (SOD1) mutations, we investigated the immunohistochemical expression of hepatocyte growth factor (HGF), a novel neurotrophic factor, and its receptor, c-Met...
- Hepatocyte growth factor-activated NF-kappaB regulates HIF-1 activity and ODC expression, implicated in survival, differently in different carcinoma cell linesL Tacchini
Institute of General Pathology, University of Milan, Via Luigi Mangiagalli 31, 20133 Milan, Italy
Carcinogenesis 25:2089-100. 2004b>Hepatocyte growth factor (HGF)-stimulated Met signaling influences tumor survival, growth and progression, all processes involving the transcription factor NF-kappaB...
- Adhesion dependent release of hepatocyte growth factor and interleukin-1 receptor antagonist from human blood granulocytes and monocytes: evidence for the involvement of plasma IgG, complement C3 and beta2 integrinY Takeda
Japan Immunoresearch Laboratories, 351 1, Nishiyokote Cho, 370 0021, Takasaki, Gunma, Japan
Inflamm Res 53:277-83. 2004..This study was undertaken to obtain insights into mechanisms of anti-inflammatory actions of adsorptive GM apheresis with CA beads...
- Reinke's edema: investigations on the role of MIB-1 and hepatocyte growth factorM Artico
Department of Otorhinolaringology, Audiology and Phoniatry G Ferreri, University of Rome La Sapienza, Piazzale Aldo Moro 5, Rome, Italy
Eur J Histochem 54:e30. 2010..We analyzed, together with the hepatocyte growth factor (HGF), the expression level of MIB-1 in samples harvested from patients affected by Reinke's edema, in ..
- Scatter factor and hepatocyte growth factor are indistinguishable ligands for the MET receptorL Naldini
Department of Biomedical Sciences and Oncology, University of Torino, School Medicine, Italy
EMBO J 10:2867-78. 1991..b>Hepatocyte Growth Factor (HGF) is a powerful mitogen for hepatocytes and other epithelial tissues...
- Structural organization and the transcription initiation site of the human hepatocyte growth factor geneK Miyazawa
Institute for Liver Research, Kansai Medical University, Osaka, Japan
Biochemistry 30:9170-6. 1991The structural organization of the gene coding for human hepatocyte growth factor (hHGF) has been determined by seven overlapping lambda phage genomic clones including three clones that were previously characterized...
- Identification of the hepatocyte growth factor receptor as the c-met proto-oncogene productD P Bottaro
Laboratory of Cellular and Molecular Biology, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, MD 20892
Science 251:802-4. 1991b>Hepatocyte growth factor (HGF) is a plasminogen-like protein thought to be a humoral mediator of liver regeneration...
- Cooperative actions of hepatocyte growth factor and 1,25-dihydroxyvitamin D3 in osteoblastic differentiation of human vertebral bone marrow stromal cellsG D'Ippolito
Geriatric Research, Education, and Clinical Center and Research Service, Veterans Affairs Medical Center, and Department of Medicine, University of Miami School of Medicine, Miami, FL 33125, USA
Bone 31:269-75. 2002..We previously reported that these factors, hepatocyte growth factor (HGF) and 1,25-dihydroxyvitamin D(3) (vitD(3)), act together to increase alkaline phosphatase in ..
- Hepatocyte growth factor/scatter factor mediates angiogenesis through positive VEGF and negative thrombospondin 1 regulationYu wen Zhang
Laboratory of Molecular Oncology, Van Andel Research Institute, 333 Bostwick Avenue NE, Grand Rapids, MI 49503, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 100:12718-23. 2003b>Hepatocyte growth factor/scatter factor (HGF/SF), acting through the Met receptor, plays an important role in most human solid tumors, and inappropriate expression of this ligand-receptor pair is often associated with poor prognosis...
- Hepatocyte growth factor plays roles in the induction and autocrine maintenance of bone marrow stromal cell IL-11, SDF-1 alpha, and stem cell factorYoshiko Matsuda-Hashii
Department of Developmental Medicine, Osaka University, Graduate School of Medicine, Suita, Osaka 565 0871, Japan
Exp Hematol 32:955-61. 2004..In a previous study, we demonstrated that hepatocyte growth factor (HGF) is one of the cytokines constitutively produced from BM stromal cells, promoting hematopoiesis ..
- Activation of PI3K-Akt-GSK3beta pathway mediates hepatocyte growth factor inhibition of RANTES expression in renal tubular epithelial cellsRujun Gong
Division of Renal Diseases, Department of Medicine, Brown University Medical School, Providence, RI 02903, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 330:27-33. 2005b>Hepatocyte growth factor (HGF) was recently reported to ameliorate renal inflammation in a rat model of chronic renal failure. HGF exerted its action through suppression of RANTES expression in renal tubules...
- Hepatocyte growth factor induces redistribution of p21(CIP1) and p27(KIP1) through ERK-dependent p16(INK4a) up-regulation, leading to cell cycle arrest at G1 in HepG2 hepatoma cellsJunhong Han
Department of Biological Sciences, Graduate School of Bioscience and Biotechnology, Tokyo Institute of Technology, 4259 Nagatsuta, Midori ku, Yokohama 226 8501, Japan
J Biol Chem 280:31548-56. 2005b>Hepatocyte growth factor (HGF) has an anti-proliferative effect on many types of tumor cell lines and tumors in vivo...
- Signalling by HGF/SF and Met: the role of heparan sulphate co-receptorsL E Kemp
MRC Centre, Hills Road, Cambridge, UK
Biochem Soc Trans 34:414-7. 2006The receptor tyrosine kinase Met and its ligand HGF/SF (hepatocyte growth factor/scatter factor) are essential in the signalling pathways required for embryogenesis and tissue regeneration...
- HGF mediates cell proliferation of human mesothelioma cells through a PI3K/MEK5/Fra-1 pathwayMaria E Ramos-Nino
University of Vermont College of Medicine, Department of Pathology, 89 Beaumont Avenue HSRF 216, Burlington, VT 05405, USA
Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol 38:209-17. 2008The ligand hepatocyte growth factor/scatter factor (HGF) and its receptor tyrosine kinase, c-Met, are highly expressed in most human malignant mesotheliomas (MMs) and may contribute to their increased growth and viability...
- Transcription-dependent epidermal growth factor receptor activation by hepatocyte growth factorThomas E Reznik
The Kennedy Krieger Research Institute, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Mol Cancer Res 6:139-50. 2008..factor receptor (EGFR) and c-Met are frequently coexpressed in cancers, including those associated with hepatocyte growth factor (HGF) overexpression, such as malignant astrocytoma...
- Somatic mutation and functional polymorphism of a novel regulatory element in the HGF gene promoter causes its aberrant expression in human breast cancerJihong Ma
Division of Experimental Pathology, Department of Pathology, School of Medicine, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15261, USA
J Clin Invest 119:478-91. 2009..We also suggest that DATE may be used as a potential genetic marker to identify individuals with a higher risk of developing breast cancer...
- Alternative proteolytic processing of hepatocyte growth factor during wound repairNils Buchstein
Professor of Dermatology, Department of Dermatology, University of Cologne, Joseph Stelzmann Str 9, 50931 Koln, Germany
Am J Pathol 174:2116-28. 2009..We examined expression, integrity, and function of the proteins in the hepatocyte growth factor (HGF)/c-Met signaling pathway in normally healing and non-healing human skin wounds...
- Hepatocyte growth factor protects endothelial cells against gamma ray irradiation-induced damageShun Ying Hu
Department of Cardiology, Chinese PLA General Hospital, Beijing 100853, China
Acta Pharmacol Sin 30:1415-20. 2009..To investigate the effect of HGF on proliferation, apoptosis and migratory ability of human vascular endothelial cells against gamma ray irradiation...
- Pericellular activation of hepatocyte growth factor by the transmembrane serine proteases matriptase and hepsin, but not by the membrane-associated protease uPAKate A Owen
Biomedical Research Centre, School of Biological Sciences, University of East Anglia, Norwich NR4 7TJ, U K
Biochem J 426:219-28. 2010HGF (hepatocyte growth factor) is a pleiotropic cytokine homologous to the serine protease zymogen plasminogen that requires canonical proteolytic cleavage to gain functional activity...
- Co-overexpression of Met and hepatocyte growth factor promotes systemic metastasis in NCI-H460 non-small cell lung carcinoma cellsRoya Navab
Ontario Cancer Institute and Princess Margaret Hospital, University Health Network, Ontario, Canada
Neoplasia 11:1292-300. 2009..Met, the receptor for hepatocyte growth factor (HGF) is a receptor tyrosine kinase with demonstrated roles in regulating cellular proliferation, ..
- Hepatocyte growth factor and the risk of ischemic stroke developing among postmenopausal women: results from the Women's Health InitiativeSwapnil N Rajpathak
Department of Epidemiology and Population Health, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY 10461, USA
Stroke 41:857-62. 2010b>Hepatocyte growth factor (HGF) is a potent angiogenic factor and may play a role in the development and progression of atherosclerotic lesions, the underlying mechanism of cardiovascular disease...
- Hepatocyte growth factor twenty years on: Much more than a growth factorTakahiro Nakamura
Cancer Research Institute, Kanazawa University, Kakuma machi, Japan
J Gastroenterol Hepatol 26:188-202. 2011..1980s, the method for the cultivation of mature hepatocytes provided an opportunity for the discovery of hepatocyte growth factor (HGF) as a protein that is structurally and functionally different from other growth factors...
- Identification of mannose receptor as receptor for hepatocyte growth factor β-chain: novel ligand-receptor pathway for enhancing macrophage phagocytosisHiroyuki Ohnishi
Kringle Pharma Joint Research Division for Regenerative Drug Discovery, Center for Advanced Science and Innovation, Osaka University Graduate School of Medicine, Osaka 565 0871, Japan
J Biol Chem 287:13371-81. 2012b>Hepatocyte growth factor (HGF), a heterodimer composed of the α-chain and β-chain, exerts multifunctional actions for tissue repair and homeostasis via its receptor, MET...
- Extracellular proteolytic cleavage by urokinase is required for activation of hepatocyte growth factor/scatter factorL Naldini
Department of Biomedical Sciences and Oncology, University of Torino, Italy
EMBO J 11:4825-33. 1992..b>Hepatocyte growth factor/scatter factor (HGF/SF) is a secretory product of stromal fibroblasts, sharing structural motifs with ..
- Regional localization of the hepatocyte growth factor (HGF) gene to human chromosome 7 band q21.1R Fukuyama
Department of Molecular Biology, Keio University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
Genomics 11:410-5. 1991b>Hepatocyte growth factor (HGF) is a polypeptide involved in liver regeneration. Its amino acid sequence and gene structure are similar to those of coagulation-related serine proteases...
- Structure and function of hepatocyte growth factorT Nakamura
Department of Biology, Faculty of Science, Kyushu University, Fukuoka, Japan
Prog Growth Factor Res 3:67-85. 1991b>Hepatocyte growth factor (HGF), a potent mitogen for mature hepatocytes in primary culture, was first found in sera of partial hepatectomized rats and seems to be a hepatotrophic factor for liver regeneration which has not been purified ..
- Molecular cloning and expression of human hepatocyte growth factorT Nakamura
Department of Biology, Faculty of Science, Kyushu University, Fukuoka, Japan
Nature 342:440-3. 1989b>Hepatocyte growth factor (HGF) is the most potent mitogen for mature parenchymal hepatocytes in primary culture, and seems to be a hepatotrophic factor that acts as a trigger for liver regeneration after partial hepatectomy and liver ..
- Interaction of hepatocyte growth factor with heparan sulfate. Elucidation of the major heparan sulfate structural determinantsM Lyon
Cancer Research Campaign, Christie Hospital, Manchester, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 269:11216-23. 1994We have demonstrated by affinity chromatography that hepatocyte growth factor (HGF) binds strongly to heparan sulfate (HS)...
- Hepatocyte growth factor and hepatocyte growth factor receptor in the lacrimal gland, tears, and corneaQ Li
Department of Ophthalmology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas, TX, USA
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 37:727-39. 1996The purpose of this study was to characterize the expression of hepatocyte growth factor (HGF) and HGF receptor proteins in lacrimal gland, tears, and cornea.
- Hepatocyte growth factor (HGF)/NK1 is a naturally occurring HGF/scatter factor variant with partial agonist/antagonist activityV Cioce
Laboratory of Cellular and Molecular Biology, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
J Biol Chem 271:13110-5. 1996b>Hepatocyte growth factor/scatter factor (HGF/SF) stimulates cell proliferation, motility, and morphogenesis by activation of its receptor, the c-Met tyrosine kinase...
- Activation of hepatocyte growth factor and urokinase/plasminogen activator by matriptase, an epithelial membrane serine proteaseS L Lee
Department of Oncology, Lombardi Cancer Center, Georgetown University, Medical Center, Washington, DC 20007, USA
J Biol Chem 275:36720-5. 2000..81 and 4.89 microm, respectively. We further demonstrated that matriptase can convert hepatocyte growth factor/scattering factor to its active form, which can induce scatter of Madin-Darby canine kidney epithelial ..
- Hepatocyte growth factor inhibits anoikis in head and neck squamous cell carcinoma cells by activation of ERK and Akt signaling independent of NFkappa BQinghua Zeng
Laboratory of Molecular Signaling and Apoptosis, Department of Biologic and Materials Sciences, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor 48109 1078, USA
J Biol Chem 277:25203-8. 2002b>Hepatocyte growth factor (HGF), also known as a scatter factor, regulates a variety of biological activities including cell proliferation, survival, migration, and angiogenesis...
- Tumor suppression through angiogenesis inhibition by SUIT-2 pancreatic cancer cells genetically engineered to secrete NK4Michiyo Saimura
Departments of Surgery and Oncology and Cancer Therapy and Research, Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Kyushu University, Maidashi, Fukuoka 812 8582, Japan
Clin Cancer Res 8:3243-9. 2002NK4, composed of the N-terminal hairpin and subsequent four-kringle domains of hepatocyte growth factor (HGF), acts not only as a competitive antagonist of HGF but also as an inhibitor of angiogenesis...
- The hepatocyte growth factor/Met pathway controls proliferation and apoptosis in multiple myelomaP W B Derksen
Department of Pathology, Academic Medical Center, University of Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Leukemia 17:764-74. 2003..An interesting candidate signal is hepatocyte growth factor/scatter factor (HGF), since its receptor Met is expressed on MM cells, while HGF is produced by BM ..
- Hepatocyte growth factor induces apoptosis through the extrinsic pathway in hepatoma cells: favouring role of hypoxia-inducible factor-1 deficiencyEmanuela Matteucci
Institute of General Pathology, School of Medicine, University of Milano, Via L Mangiagalli, 31 20133 Milano, Italy
Oncogene 22:4062-73. 2003..c4) lacking hypoxia-inducible factor-1 (HIF-1) activity, were differentially susceptible to apoptosis by hepatocyte growth factor (HGF). The c4 cells were 40% apoptotic 48 h after HGF treatment...
- Crystal structure of the HGF beta-chain in complex with the Sema domain of the Met receptorJennifer Stamos
Department of Protein Engineering, Genentech Inc, South San Francisco, CA 94080, USA
EMBO J 23:2325-35. 2004The Met tyrosine kinase receptor and its ligand, hepatocyte growth factor (HGF), play important roles in normal development and in tumor growth and metastasis...
- Multiple myeloma cells catalyze hepatocyte growth factor (HGF) activation by secreting the serine protease HGF-activatorEsther P M Tjin
Department of Pathology, Academic Medical Center, University of Amsterdam, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Blood 104:2172-5. 2004..A potential key signal in the evolution of MM is hepatocyte growth factor (HGF), which acts as a potent paracrine and/or autocrine growth factor and survival factor for MM cells...
- Hepatocyte growth factor ameliorates renal interstitial inflammation in rat remnant kidney by modulating tubular expression of macrophage chemoattractant protein-1 and RANTESRujun Gong
Division of Renal Diseases, Department of Medicine, Rhode Island Hospital, Brown University School of Medicine, Providence, Rhode Island 02903, USA
J Am Soc Nephrol 15:2868-81. 2004b>Hepatocyte growth factor (HGF) has been shown to reduce renal injury in a variety of animal models of chronic renal disease...
- Ameliorating effect of hepatocyte growth factor on inflammatory bowel disease in a murine modelKoushi Oh
First Dept of Surgery, Hyogo College of Medicine, 1 1 Mukogawa cho, Nishinomiya, Hyogo 663 8501, Japan
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 288:G729-35. 2005b>Hepatocyte growth factor (HGF), a multifunctional cytokine, accelerates intestinal epithelial proliferation...
- Immunohistochemical expression of HGF, c-MET and transcription factor STAT3 in colorectal tumorsM Trovato
Dipartimento di Patologia Umana, Padiglione D, Policlinico Universitario G Martino, 98125 Messina, Italy
Eur J Histochem 48:291-7. 2004By immunohistochemistry, we have investigated the expression of hepatocyte growth factor (HGF), HGF-R or c-met and the transcritor factor STAT3 in a series of 80 colorectal tumours (40 adenomas and 40 adenocarcinomas)...
- Hepatocyte growth factor; expression, concentration and biological activity in chronic leg ulcersFariba Nayeri
Division of Infectious Diseases, Faculty of Health Science, University Hospital, S 58185 Linkoping, Sweden
J Dermatol Sci 37:75-85. 2005b>Hepatocyte growth factor (HGF) is a multifunctional cytokine that is involved in recovery process after organ injuries.
- Hepatocyte growth factor gene therapy prevents radiation-induced liver damageChau Hua Chi
Department of Radiation Therapy and Oncology, Shin Kong Wu Ho Su Memorial Hospital, 95 Wen Chang Road, Shih Lin, Taipei, Taiwan, China
World J Gastroenterol 11:1496-502. 2005..To transfer human HGF gene into the liver of rats by direct electroporation as a means to prevent radiation-induced liver damage...
- Gene transfer of hepatocyte growth factor gene improves learning and memory in the chronic stage of cerebral infarctionMunehisa Shimamura
Division of Clinical Gene Therapy, Graduate School of Medicine, Osaka University, Osaka, Japan
Hypertension 47:742-51. 2006..To provide the new therapeutic options, we examined the effect of overexpression of hepatocyte growth factor (HGF) in the chronic stage of cerebral infarction by transferring the HGF gene into the brain using ..
- Family-based association analysis of hepatocyte growth factor (HGF) gene polymorphisms in high myopiaWei Han
Department of Ophthalmology, The First Affiliated Hospital, Medical College, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou, China
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 47:2291-9. 2006To investigate the association of high myopia with polymorphisms in the hepatocyte growth factor (HGF) gene, a potential candidate for myopia development.
- Adaptor molecule Crk is required for sustained phosphorylation of Grb2-associated binder 1 and hepatocyte growth factor-induced cell motility of human synovial sarcoma cell linesTakuya Watanabe
Laboratory of Molecular and Cellular Pathology, Hokkaido University Graduate School of Medicine, Sapporo, Japan
Mol Cancer Res 4:499-510. 2006Activation of the c-Met receptor tyrosine kinase through its ligand, hepatocyte growth factor (HGF), promotes mitogenic, motogenic, and morphogenic cellular responses...
- Differential expression of c-Met, its ligand HGF/SF and HER2/neu in DCIS and adjacent normal breast tissueK Lindemann
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Technical University, Munich, Germany
Histopathology 51:54-62. 2007..Our aim was to determine the expression of c-Met, its ligand hepatocyte growth factor/scatter factor (HGF/SF) and Her2/neu in ductal carcinoma in situ (DCIS) lesions of the breast (n = 39) by ..
- CD44 regulates hepatocyte growth factor-mediated vascular integrity. Role of c-Met, Tiam1/Rac1, dynamin 2, and cortactinPatrick A Singleton
Department of Medicine, Pritzker School of Medicine, University of Chicago, Chicago, Illinois 60637, USA
J Biol Chem 282:30643-57. 2007..In this study, we explored the regulation of hepatocyte growth factor (HGF)-mediated enhancement of EC barrier function via CD44 isoforms...
- Radiation-enhanced hepatocyte growth factor secretion in malignant glioma cell linesChu Sheng-Hua
Department of Neurosurgery, No 3 People s Hospital Affiliated to Shanghai Jiao Tong University College of Medicine, Shanghai 201900, ROC China
Surg Neurol 68:610-3; discussion 613-4. 2007..The scope of this study is to investigate HGF secretion by malignant glioma cells with different radiosensitivity after irradiation...
- Functional and molecular interactions between the HGF/c-Met pathway and c-Myc in large-cell medulloblastomaYunqing Li
Department of Neurology, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA 22908, USA
Lab Invest 88:98-111. 2008The growth factor hepatocyte growth factor (HGF), also known as scatter factor, and its tyrosine kinase receptor c-Met play important roles in medulloblastoma malignancy...
- Induction of hepatocyte growth factor activator gene expression under hypoxia activates the hepatocyte growth factor/c-Met system via hypoxia inducible factor-1 in pancreatic cancerYoshihiko Kitajima
Department of Surgery, Saga University Faculty of Medicine, Saga, B49 8501 Japan
Cancer Sci 99:1341-7. 2008Hepatocyte growth facor activator (HGFA) is a serine protease that converts hepatocyte growth factor (HGF) into its active form...
- Predictive value of plasma hepatocyte growth factor/scatter factor levels in patients with clinically localized prostate cancerAmit Gupta
Department of Urology, The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Texas 75390 9110, USA
Clin Cancer Res 14:7385-90. 2008b>Hepatocyte growth factor/scatter factor (HGF/SF) is a multifunctional cytokine that is involved in cancer growth, motility, invasion, and angiogenesis...
- High myopia is not associated with the SNPs in the TGIF, lumican, TGFB1, and HGF genesPanfeng Wang
State Key Laboratory of Ophthalmology, Zhongshan Ophthalmic Center, Sun Yat Sen University, Guangzhou, China
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 50:1546-51. 2009..This study was conducted to verify the reported positive association results by analysis of subjects from the same region...
- Cross-talk between the VEGF-A and HGF signalling pathways in endothelial cellsEric Sulpice
Institut des Vaisseaux et du Sang, INSERM U965, Universite Paris 7, Hopital Lariboisiere, Paris, France
Biol Cell 101:525-39. 2009..HGF (hepatocyte growth factor) is a pleiotropic cytokine that may promote VEGF-A-driven angiogenesis, although the signalling ..
- Serum hepatocyte growth factor is increased in Hashimoto's thyroiditis whether or not it is associated with nodular goiter as compared with healthy non-goitrous individualsR M Ruggeri
Unit of Endocrinology, Clinical Experimental Department of Medicine and Pharmacology, University of Messina, Messina, Italy
J Endocrinol Invest 32:465-9. 2009..Some growth factors and cytokines are known to cooperate with TSH in thyroid nodular growth, but few data are available on their circulating levels in Hashimoto's thyroiditis (HT)...
- Hepatocyte growth factor and myopia: genetic association analyses in a Caucasian populationTammy Yanovitch
Duke University Center for Human Genetics, 595 La Salle Street, Durham, NC 27710, USA
Mol Vis 15:1028-35. 2009b>Hepatocyte growth factor (HGF) and hepatocyte growth factor receptor (C-MET) genes have previously been reported to be associated with myopia in Asian family-based and case-control association studies, respectively...
- Low-dose simultaneous delivery of adenovirus encoding hepatocyte growth factor and vascular endothelial growth factor in dogs enhances liver proliferation without systemic growth factor elevationHussein M Atta
Department of Surgery, Faculty of Medicine, Minia University, Minia, Egypt
Liver Int 29:1022-30. 2009b>Hepatocyte growth factor (HGF) and vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) gene transfer proved to enhance liver regeneration...
- Angioinhibitory action of NK4 involves impaired extracellular assembly of fibronectin mediated by perlecan-NK4 associationKatsuya Sakai
Kringle Pharma Joint Research Division for Regenerative Drug Discovery, Center for Advanced Science and Innovation, Osaka University, 2 1 Yamadaoka, Suita, Osaka 565 0871, Japan
J Biol Chem 284:22491-9. 2009NK4, a fragment of hepatocyte growth factor (HGF), exerts bifunctional action as a competitive antagonist against HGF and its receptor c-Met and an angiogenesis inhibitor. Here we studied the anti-angiogenic mechanism of NK4...
- Hepatocyte growth factor suppresses tumor cell apoptosis in nasopharyngeal carcinoma by upregulating Bcl-2 protein expressionBian Li-juan
Department of Pathology, 1st Affiliated Hospital, Sun Yat Sen University, 58, Zhongshan Road II, Guangzhou 510080, China
Pathol Res Pract 205:828-37. 2009b>Hepatocyte growth factor (HGF) is a multifunctional cytokine, but cell apoptosis related to HGF in nasopharyngeal carcinoma (NPC) and the potential mechanisms involved have not yet been identified...
- Role of the hepatocyte growth factor gene in refractive errorSundar Veerappan
Centre for Eye Research Australia, University of Melbourne, Royal Victorian Eye and Ear Hospital, Australia
Ophthalmology 117:239-45.e1-2. 2010..Several genetic loci have been associated with myopia but none to date have been reported for hypermetropia. We investigated the hepatocyte growth factor (HGF) as a candidate gene influencing these 2 refractive error states.
- Altered expression of E-cadherin by hepatocyte growth factor and effect on the prognosis of nasopharyngeal carcinomaLi Qiong Xie
Department of Pathology, The First Affiliated Hospital, Sun Yat Sen University, Guangzhou, China
Ann Surg Oncol 17:1927-36. 2010b>Hepatocyte growth factor (HGF)-related E-cadherin expression and prognosis of patients with nasopharyngeal carcinoma (NPC) are not fully understood...
- Inhibition of HGF/cMET expression prevents distant recurrence of rectal cancer after preoperative chemoradiotherapySusumu Saigusa
Department of Gastrointestinal and Pediatric Surgery, Division of Reparative Medicine, Institute of Life Sciences, Mie University Graduate School of Medicine, 2 174 Edobashi, Tsu, Mie 514 8507, Japan
Int J Oncol 40:583-91. 2012b>Hepatocyte growth factor (HGF) and its receptor cMET play an important role in tumor proliferation, invasion and metastasis...
- Association of polymorphisms in the hepatocyte growth factor gene promoter with keratoconusKathryn P Burdon
Department of Ophthalmology, Flinders University, Flinders Medical Centre, Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 52:8514-9. 2011..Although several genomic regions have been linked to rare familial forms of keratoconus, no genes have yet been definitively identified for common forms of the disease...
- Hepatocyte growth factor (HGF) autocrine activation predicts sensitivity to MET inhibition in glioblastomaQian Xie
Van Andel Research Institute, Grand Rapids, MI 49503, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 109:570-5. 2012..We investigated in vivo glioblastoma models characterized by hepatocyte growth factor (HGF) autocrine or paracrine activation, or by MET or EGFR amplification, for their susceptibility to MET ..
- Endophenotyping reveals differential phenotype-genotype correlations between myopia-associated polymorphisms and eye biometric parametersJian Huan Chen
Joint Shantou International Eye Center, Shantou University and The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Shantou, China
Mol Vis 18:765-78. 2012..in myopia-associated single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) of the gap junction protein delta 2 (GJD2), insulin-like growth factor-1 (IGF1) and hepatocyte growth factor (HGF) genes in two geographically different Chinese cohorts.
- Tumour micro-environment elicits innate resistance to RAF inhibitors through HGF secretionRavid Straussman
The Eli and Edythe L Broad Institute, 7 Cambridge Center, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02142, USA
Nature 487:500-4. 2012..Proteomic analysis showed that stromal cell secretion of hepatocyte growth factor (HGF) resulted in activation of the HGF receptor MET, reactivation of the mitogen-activated protein ..
- Microvesicles derived from human Wharton's jelly mesenchymal stem cells promote human renal cancer cell growth and aggressiveness through induction of hepatocyte growth factorTao Du
Department of Urology, Henan Provincial People s Hospital, Zhengzhou, P R China
PLoS ONE 9:e96836. 2014..RNase pre-treatment abrogated all effects of MVs. In summary, induction of HGF synthesis via RNA transferred by MVs activating AKT and ERK1/2 signaling is one of crucial contributors to the pro-tumor effect. ..
- Structure-function analysis of hepatocyte growth factor: identification of variants that lack mitogenic activity yet retain high affinity receptor bindingN A Lokker
Department of Cell Genetics, Genentech, Inc, South San Francisco, CA 94080
EMBO J 11:2503-10. 1992b>Hepatocyte growth factor (HGF) is a potent mitogen for parenchymal liver, epithelial and endothelial cells. Structurally, it has similarities to kringle-containing serine proteases, although it does not possess proteolytic activity...
- An alternatively processed mRNA generated from human hepatocyte growth factor geneK Miyazawa
Institute for Liver Research, Kansai Medical University, Moriguchi, Japan
Eur J Biochem 197:15-22. 1991We recently reported the isolation and sequencing of cDNA for human hepatocyte growth factor (hHGF) [Miyazawa, K., Tsubouchi, H., Naka, D., Takahashi, K., Okigaki, M., Arakaki, N., Nakayama, H., Hirono, S., Sakiyama, O., Takahashi, K...
- Novel function of prostaglandins as inducers of gene expression of HGF and putative mediators of tissue regenerationK Matsumoto
Division of Biochemistry, Osaka University Medical School
J Biochem 117:458-64. 1995..Addition of PGs to cultures of human skin fibroblasts led to a marked induction of the production of hepatocyte growth factor (HGF)...
- c-Cbl is involved in Met signaling in B cells and mediates hepatocyte growth factor-induced receptor ubiquitinationTaher E I Taher
Department of Pathology, Academic Medical Center, University of Amsterdam, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Immunol 169:3793-800. 2002b>Hepatocyte growth factor/scatter factor (HGF) and its receptor tyrosine kinase Met are key regulators of epithelial motility and morphogenesis...
- Clinical significance of lymphocytes hepatocyte growth factor mRNA expression in patients after liver transplantationK Dudek
Department of General, Transplant and Liver Surgery, Medical University of Warsaw, Warsaw, Poland
Transplant Proc 39:2788-92. 2007b>Hepatocyte growth factor (HGF) plays a key role in the regulation of liver regeneration after hepatocyte damage. Changes in HGF gene expression reflect the status of the regeneration process.
- Presence of a mobilizable intracellular pool of hepatocyte growth factor in human polymorphonuclear neutrophilsAlain Grenier
Laboratoire de Biochimie, Hôpital de Montfermeil, Montfermeil, France
Blood 99:2997-3004. 2002b>Hepatocyte growth factor (HGF), a heparin-binding factor, is synthesized as a single-chain inactive precursor (pro-HGF), which is converted by proteolysis to an active heterodimer (mature HGF)...
- Trophokine for regenerative medicineJianmin Fang; Fiscal Year: 2010DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Hepatocyte growth factor (HGF) is a pleiotropic cytokine that promotes cell proliferation, motility, survival, and morphogenesis...
- The central role of c-Met in H. pylori pathogenesis.Sarah E Keates; Fiscal Year: 2010..c-Met, also known as the hepatocyte growth factor receptor, is a receptor tyrosine kinase that regulates cell proliferation, differentiation, migration and ..
- Pilot Clinical Study in Renal TransplantationWeizhong Cai; Fiscal Year: 2010..b>Hepatocyte growth factor (HGF), also known as scatter factor (CF), is a renotrophic growth factor that exerts tissue protective ..
- Novel Small Molecules For Acute Liver FailurePrakash Narayan; Fiscal Year: 2009..Significant evidence suggests that scatter factor / hepatocyte growth factor (SF/HGF), exerts direct hepatoprotective effects and can potentially be used as a therapeutic in ALF...
- HGF/HGFR Axis and Fatty Liver DiseaseReza Zarnegar; Fiscal Year: 2013..data indicate that, in hepatocytes, the insulin receptor (IR) tyrosine kinase crosstalks with the Hepatocyte Growth Factor Receptor (HGFR) tyrosine kinase (also known as Met) through intermolecular tyrosine phosphorylation...
- SOMATIC CELL TRANSFER TO MODEL MEDULLOBLASTOMA IN MICEDANIEL WEBSTER FULTS; Fiscal Year: 2013..apoptosis by activating the phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase (PI3K) signal transduction pathway, and (d) hepatocyte growth factor (HGF), a growth factor with pleiotropic effects on tumor growth...
- HGF Signaling in Kidney RepairLloyd G Cantley; Fiscal Year: 2012..b>Hepatocyte growth factor is highly upregulated following acute tubular injury and has been shown in vitro to stimulate cell ..
- Safety and efficacy of optimized AAV3 vectors in murine and NHP liversArun Srivastava; Fiscal Year: 2013..AAV3 vectors also transduce primary human hepatocytes efficiently, as they utilize human hepatocyte growth factor receptor (HGFR) as a cellular co-receptor...
- Reza Zarnegar; Fiscal Year: 2015..The Hepatocyte Growth Factor Receptor (HGFR) known as Met is a transmembrane receptor tyrosine kinase (RTK) that plays an important ..
- Secreted Wnt Inhibitors in the Biology of OsteosarcomaBang H Hoang; Fiscal Year: 2010..pro-invasive pathways in OS: (1) Transcriptional repressors Slug and Twist, (2) MMP-2 and 9, and (3) the hepatocyte growth factor receptor Met...
- FRANCISCO FERNANDEZ-LIMA; Fiscal Year: 2014..g., expression of CD4 antigen and hepatocyte growth factor receptor (c-met) from Immune cells (Molt-3) and hepatocytes) to characterize the instrument performance (..
- Cellular Response to cMet EndocytosisLisa A Elferink; Fiscal Year: 2011DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): The Hepatocyte Growth Factor Receptor (cMet) is a receptor tyrosine kinase critical for normal cellular responses, such as cell growth, survival and motility...
- Anti-Fibrotic Therapy for Pulmonary FibrosisLatha Paka; Fiscal Year: 2007..Recent studies have identified hepatocyte growth factor (HGF) as an antifibrogenic agent that protects against transforming growth factor (TGFbeta) mediated ..
- LIVER REGENERATION AND GROWTH FACTORSSANDRA DEGEN; Fiscal Year: 2000..a human and rodent gene for which the cDNA codes for a protein with a domain structure similar to hepatocyte growth factor (HGF)...
- Small Molecule Therapeutics for Renal DiseasePrakash Narayan; Fiscal Year: 2010..Scatter factor/hepatocyte growth factor (SF/HGF) is a renotrophic factor that is mitogenic for renal epithelial cells, exerts antifibrotic ..
- Regulating HGF Receptor InternalizationLISA ELFERINK; Fiscal Year: 2006unreadable] DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): The importance of Hepatocyte Growth Factor Receptor signaling in normal and pathological conditions is well established...
- Namita Roy-Chowdhury; Fiscal Year: 2016..hepatic irradiation and mitotic stimulation by a single injection of an adenovector, expressing hepatocyte growth factor to induce repopulation of the liver with the transplanted hepatocytes...
- Therapeutic use of small-molecule HGF-mimetic for emphysemaBERT J W M OEHLEN; Fiscal Year: 2010..Recent studies suggest that hepatocyte growth factor (HGF), a pleiotropic cytokine, has multiple activities that lead to lung regeneration...
- Growth Factor and Antiapoptotic Gene Delivery to Human IsletsRam I Mahato; Fiscal Year: 2012..b>Hepatocyte growth factor (HGF) increases 2-cell proliferation and promotes revascularization of islets, while interleukin-1 ..
- Bombesin-Activated Carcinoma Associated Fibroblasts in Colorectal CancerCelia Chao; Fiscal Year: 2013..activation of the MEK/ERK pathway, regulation of COX-2 promoter activity and upregulation of Hepatocyte Growth Factor in CAFs...
- Novel Anti-fibrotic Therapy for Diabetic NephropathySusan C Wright; Fiscal Year: 2013..a heterodimeric fusion protein consisting of the CTGF antagonist, CCN3, and the alpha chain fragment of hepatocyte growth factor (HGF) both fused to the N-terminus if the Fc portion of IgG...
- Hepatocyte Growth Factor and the Pancreatic Beta CellAdolfo Garcia-Ocana; Fiscal Year: 2013DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): We have previously shown that hepatocyte growth factor (HGF) has beneficial effects in beta cell proliferation, function and islet transplantation...
- The role of c-Met expression in melanoma growth and migrationAMBER LEIGH SHADA; Fiscal Year: 2010..c-Met and its ligand, hepatocyte growth factor (HGF), may be upregulated in metastatic melanoma and are implicated in invasion and clinical disease ..
- STEVEN HERBERT ABMAN; Fiscal Year: 2015..data, we further hypothesize that the effects of VEGF on lung structure are dependent upon stimulation of hepatocyte growth factor and enhanced retinoic acid production by vascular endothelium ("angiocrine factors")...
- Role of Monocyte Chemoattractant Protein (MCP)-1 in Liver RegenerationKRISTEN ANDREA MITCHELL; Fiscal Year: 2010..include tumor necrosis factor (TNF)-??and interleukin (IL)-6, which are produced by Kupffer cells, and hepatocyte growth factor (HGF), which is produced primarily by stellate cells...
- Extracellular Proteinases in Ocular NeovascularizationArup Das; Fiscal Year: 2010..Other factors may play important roles during this process including the hepatocyte growth factor (HGF) which has received little attention in terms of its function in ocular angiogenesis...
- Mechanisms of Forebrain DevelopmentElizabeth M Powell; Fiscal Year: 2010..The hepatocyte growth factor/scatter factor (HGF/SF) signaling system via its receptor, MET, possesses multiple activities in cellular ..
- CYTOSKELETAL REGULATION OF LUNG ENDOTHELIAL PATHOBIOLOGYJoe G N Garcia; Fiscal Year: 2012..of signaling to the actomyosin cytoskeleton evoked when c-Met, a tyrosine kinase receptor, is ligated by hepatocyte growth factor, a major barrier-regulatory pathway with strong potential for receptor transactivation...
- Shahin Rafii; Fiscal Year: 2016..kinase receptor (VEGFR2) and Id1 pathway in LSECs upregulated the angiocrine expression of Wnt2 and hepatocyte growth factor (HGF) stimulating hepatic proliferation...
- Targeting RON Receptor Signaling in Pancreatic CancerAndrew M Lowy; Fiscal Year: 2010..We have shown that activation of RON receptor signaling by its specific ligand, hepatocyte growth factor-like protein (HGFL), induces apoptotic resistance, migration, invasion, association with EGFR, and VEGF ..
- Regulation of Bile Acid Synthesis by Nuclear ReceptorsJohn Y L Chiang; Fiscal Year: 2010..Am 3 will study hepatocyte growth factor (HGF) regulation of CYP7A1 gene transcription to identify signaling pathway and crosstalk with insulin ..
- SHELLY CHI LOO LU; Fiscal Year: 2016..Examine SAMe's regulation of HGF-mediated hepatocyte proliferation. Hepatocyte growth factor (HGF) activates AMP kinase (AMPK), which is required for hepatocyte proliferation...
- Serpil C Erzurum; Fiscal Year: 2016..data show that the PAH PAEC secrete the potent growth- stimulatory &bone marrow-mobilizing hepatocyte growth factor (HGF)...
- Georgios I Papachristou; Fiscal Year: 2014..48 hours from admission to measure the 5 biomarkers (tumor necrosis factor-a receptor-1, interleukin-8, hepatocyte growth factor, angiopoietin-2, resistin) using Luminex technology...
- Pat Levitt; Fiscal Year: 2016..MET and its ligand, hepatocyte growth factor (HGF), have been implicated in the development and maturation of neuronal circuits in vitro...
- Alex Kentsis; Fiscal Year: 2015..I discovered that shRNA mediated depletion of hepatocyte growth factor (HGF), ligand of the receptor tyrosine kinase MET, specifically inhibits growth of AML but not other ..
- MICAH TAUBE WEBSTER; Fiscal Year: 2015..c-Met encodes a receptor tyrosine kinase. Activation by its ligand, Hepatocyte Growth Factor (HGF), triggers multiple signaling cascades that modulate cell survival, proliferation, and migration of ..
- Steven N Steinway; Fiscal Year: 2015..Recently, we have demonstrated that Hepatocyte Growth Factor (HGF) is a primary initiator of EMT in multiple liver cancer models...
- Regulation of hepcidin and iron metabolism in liver diseaseJulia Goodnough; Fiscal Year: 2011..Candidates for the suppressor of hepcidin include hepatocyte growth factor (HGF) and growth and differentiation factor 15 (GDF15)...
- Susan E Waltz; Fiscal Year: 2016..However, the degree of dependency of the Ron ligand, hepatocyte growth factor-like protein (HGFL), in this model remains unknown...
- Hepatocyte - Based Therapies of Primary Hyperoxaluria 1Namita Roy Chowdhury; Fiscal Year: 2010..advantage to transplanted hepatocytes, using preparative hepatic X-irradiation (HIR) and expressing hepatocyte growth factor (HGF) as a mitotic stimulant...
- Discovering Microenvironments Promoting Pathological EMT using Array TechnologyNaira Serobyan; Fiscal Year: 2012..epidermal growth factor (EGF), CTGF, insulin-like growth factor-2 (IGF-II), interleukin-1 (IL-1), hepatocyte growth factor (HGF), and Wnt ligands...
- Anna Birukova; Fiscal Year: 2016..Our novel data show that MT-mediated signaling is directly involved in the EC barrier preservation by hepatocyte growth factor (HGF), a circulating molecule with proven protective effects in the models of acute ling injury (ALI)...
- Guy Howard; Fiscal Year: 2015..proposed studies on human mesenchymal stem cell (MSC) differentiation and maturation catalyzed by hepatocyte growth factor (HGF) and 1,25-dihydroxyvitamin D (1,25OHD), the most active metabolite of vitamin D...
- Jamie L Renbarger; Fiscal Year: 2016..adult population [interleukin-2- receptor-alpha, tumor-necrosis-factor-receptor-1, interleukin-8, hepatocyte growth factor, elafin, a skin-specific marker, regenerating islet-derived 3-alpha, a gastro-intestinal specific marker, ..
- Micromagnetic Aptamer PCR System for Ultrasensitive Multiplexed Protein DetectionHYONGSOK TOM SOH; Fiscal Year: 2010..will demonstrate simultaneous detection of three cancer markers, platelet derived growth factor (PDGF), hepatocyte growth factor (HGF), and thyroid transcription factor (TTF1), at femtomolar concentration levels directly from serum...
- Protease Pathways in the Gastrointestinal TractToni M Antalis; Fiscal Year: 2010..protease zymogens, including urokinase plasminogen activator (uPA) and prostasin, and also activates pro-hepatocyte growth factor (HGF), which serves as a ligand for c-met, a receptor tyrosine kinase involved in gastrointestinal repair...
- Chen Yong Lin; Fiscal Year: 2014..We have shown that in these tissues, Hepatocyte Growth factor Activator Inhibitor-1 (HAI-1), a kunitz-type protease inhibitor, is required for the normal regulation of ..
- The Role of Hepatocyte Growth Factor Signaling Airspace HomeostasisEnid R Neptune; Fiscal Year: 2011..If successful, these studies will provide an extensive therapeutic armamentarium to support regenerative alveolarization for a wide range of pulmonary disorders. ..
- A Pilot Clinical Study in Acute STEMIWeizhong Cai; Fiscal Year: 2011..Scatter factor / hepatocyte growth factor (SF/HGF) is an endogenous cell survival factor that exerts both acute and chronic cardioprotective ..
- Po Han Chen; Fiscal Year: 2016..The overall goal of the proposal is to elucidate the molecular basis of recognition/activation between hepatocyte growth factor (HGF) and its receptor MET receptor tyrosine kinase (MET RTK)...
- Simltaneous recruitment of cardiac and bone marrow stem cells for cardiac repairKhawaja H Haider; Fiscal Year: 2012..We anticipate that transplantation of Sca-1+ cells genetically modified to overexpress hepatocyte growth factor (HGF), stromal cell derived factor-11 (SDF-11) and insulin-like growth factor (IGF-1) will develop ..
- Cun Yu Wang; Fiscal Year: 2016..During the last funding period, we have demonstrated that hepatocyte growth factor (HGF)/c-Met inhibits anoikis induced by a loss of cell-matrix interaction and promotes SCC progression...
- delta-Catenin and Cell-Cell Adhesion in Prostate CancerQun Lu; Fiscal Year: 2010..Specific Aim 1 will determine how 8-catenin promotes cell growth/survival and motility in response to the hepatocyte growth factor and/or androgen using CWR22 tumor xenografts and their derived cell lines...
- Genetic Control of Ureter and Kidney DevelopmentFRANKLIN D COSTANTINI; Fiscal Year: 2013..We therefore investigate the roles of several candidates, including fibroblast growth factors (FGFs) and hepatocyte growth factor (HGF), in these processes...
- Novel Neuroprotective/Restorative Therapy for Ischemic StrokeDavid E Smith; Fiscal Year: 2012..b>Hepatocyte growth factor (HGF) a neurotrophic factor, reduces cerebral infarct size, augments cerebral blood flow and promotes ..
- Lisa M Curtis; Fiscal Year: 2015..the applicant in the process used to study signaling pathways, particularly as applied to the study of hepatocyte growth factor (HGF) and stromal cell-derived factor 1 (SDF-1) , two known modulators of the pathophysiology of cellular ..
- Unique Clinical Study on DGF Using Paired KidneysWeizhong Cai; Fiscal Year: 2012..Angion Biomedica is developing BB3, a small molecule hepatocyte growth factor mimetic that exhibits significant tissue protective activity in numerous models of acute renal injury...
- Studies on the Post-translational processing of MUC1Michael A Hollingsworth; Fiscal Year: 2012..In contrast to the results with PDGF-BB, stimulation of pancreatic tumor cells with hepatocyte growth factor (HGF) under conditions of MUC1 overexpression decreases cell invasive through a mechanism in which MUC1 ..
- Jennifer R Cochran; Fiscal Year: 2014..agents we used the N- terminal and first Kringle domain (NK1) of the natural Met activating ligand, hepatocyte growth factor (HGF), as a basis for engineering potent Met receptor antagonists...
- Phase I Clinical Trial for BB3Weizhong Cai; Fiscal Year: 2009..b>Hepatocyte growth factor (HGF), also know as scatter factor (SF), is an endogenous cell survival factor that exerts ..
- Development of Small Molecule Mimetics of hepatocyte Growth Factor (HGF)ANNE MUESCH; Fiscal Year: 2012DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): The naturally-occurring cytokine hepatocyte growth factor (HGF), also known as scatter factor(SF), is active in numerous tissues throughout the body, participating in the regulation of angiogenesis, ..
- HGF receptor and renal cell survival and differentiationYouhua Liu; Fiscal Year: 2006..renewal application is a continuation of our long-term effects to understand the role and mechanism of hepatocyte growth factor (HGF) and its c-met receptor in normal and diseased kidney...
- Renal Injury Prevention by SF/HGF-like Small MoleculesPrakash Narayan; Fiscal Year: 2004..Scatter factor, also known as hepatocyte growth factor (SF/HGF), is a pleiotropic growth factor that induces the activation and proliferation of diverse cell ..
- HGF RECEPTOR GENE REGULATION AND RENAL GROWTHYouhua Liu; Fiscal Year: 2003..an independent molecular nephrology research program working on the regulation and functions of hepatocyte growth factor (HGF) receptor (c- met) in the kidney...
- Novel Immunoadhesin Molecule for Cancer TherapyJAMES LARRICK; Fiscal Year: 2007..studies in preparation for conducting clinical trials in cancer of an immunoadhesin that neutralizes hepatocyte growth factor (HGF)...
- Nitric Oxide in Pulmonary HypertensionSerpil Erzurum; Fiscal Year: 2009..data show that the PAH PAEC secrete the potent growth- stimulatory &bone marrow-mobilizing hepatocyte growth factor (HGF)...
- IMPROVED METHODS FOR IN VIVO HEPATIC GENE THERAPYKATHERINE PONDER; Fiscal Year: 2006..We have demonstrated during the previous funding period that hepatocyte growth factor (HGF) can efficiently induce hepatocyte replication in rodents...
- Protection from Atherosclerosis by c-Met AgonistLatha Paka; Fiscal Year: 2003..Scatter factor (SF) also known as hepatocyte growth factor (HGF) has been identified as a powerful endothelial specific anti apoptotic and mitogenic factors...