Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: HBA1
Description: hemoglobin subunit alpha 1
Alias: HBA-T3, HBH, hemoglobin subunit alpha, alpha one globin, alpha-2 globin chain, delta globin, hemoglobin alpha 1 globin chain, hemoglobin, alpha 1
Publications713 found, 100 shown here
- Structure of human oxyhaemoglobin at 2.1 A resolutionB Shaanan
J Mol Biol 171:31-59. 1983....
- Heterogeneous behavior of lipids according to HbA1c levels undermines the plausibility of metabolic syndrome in type 1 diabetes: data from a nationwide multicenter surveyFernando M A Giuffrida
Centro de Endocrinologia do Estado da Bahia, Salvador, Brazil
Cardiovasc Diabetol 11:156. 2012....
- Homology and concerted evolution at the alpha 1 and alpha 2 loci of human alpha-globinS A Liebhaber
Nature 290:26-9. 1981....
- Use of confirmatory factor analysis for the identification of new components of the metabolic syndrome: the role of plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 and Haemoglobin A1cM Boronat
Section of Endocrinology and Nutrition, Hospital Universitario Insular, Avda Maritima del Sur s n, Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, Spain
Nutr Metab Cardiovasc Dis 19:271-6. 2009..This study was aimed to identify additional components of metabolic syndrome from a set of cardiovascular risk markers...
- GLP-1 receptor agonists and HBA1c target of <7% in type 2 diabetes: meta-analysis of randomized controlled trialsK Esposito
Department of Cario Thoracic and Respiratory Sciences, Second University of Naples, Naples, Italy
Curr Med Res Opin 27:1519-28. 2011..Glucagon-like peptide-1 (GLP-1) receptor agonists are available for the treatment of type 2 diabetes. We assessed the efficacy of exenatide and liraglutide to reach the HbA(1c) target of <7% in people with type 2 diabetes...
- PEGylation of Val-1(alpha) destabilizes the tetrameric structure of hemoglobinTao Hu
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, New York 10461, USA
Biochemistry 48:608-16. 2009..In contrast, PEGylation of Hb at Val-1(beta) gives rise to less pronounced structural alteration and different functional change...
- A third quaternary structure of human hemoglobin A at 1.7-A resolutionM M Silva
Department of Biochemistry, University of Iowa, Iowa City 52242
J Biol Chem 267:17248-56. 1992....
- Hb Hekinan observed in three Chinese from Macau; identification of the GAG----GAT mutation in the alpha 1-globin geneW Zhao
Department of Cell and Molecular Biology, Medical College of Georgia, Augusta 30912 2100
Hemoglobin 14:627-35. 1990..Dot-blot analysis of amplified DNA with 32P-labeled probes located the mutation in codon 27 of the minor alpha 1-globin gene; the change involved a GAG (coding for glutamic acid) to GAT (coding for aspartic acid) mutation...
- Red cell life span heterogeneity in hematologically normal people is sufficient to alter HbA1cRobert M Cohen
Division of Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, Vontz Center for Molecular Studies, 3125 Eden Avenue, Cincinnati, OH 45267 0547, USA
Blood 112:4284-91. 2008..HbA1c synthesis was linear and correlated with mean whole blood HbA1c (R(2) = 0.91). The observed variation in RBC survival was large enough to cause clinically important differences in HbA1c for a given mean blood glucose...
- Novel association of HK1 with glycated hemoglobin in a non-diabetic population: a genome-wide evaluation of 14,618 participants in the Women's Genome Health StudyGuillaume Pare
Center for Cardiovascular Disease Prevention, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
PLoS Genet 4:e1000312. 2008..This observed genetic association between glycated hemoglobin levels and HK1 polymorphisms paves the way for further studies of the role of HK1 in hemoglobin glycation, glucose metabolism, and diabetes...
- Glycosylated hemoglobin (HbA1c) levels and clinical outcomes in diabetic patients following coronary artery stentingSeyed Ebrahim Kassaian
Department of Cardiology, Tehran Heart Center, Tehran University of Medical Sciences, Tehran, Iran
Cardiovasc Diabetol 11:82. 2012..The aim of the present study was to investigate whether a pre- and post-procedural glycaemic control in diabetic patients was related to major advance cardiovascular events (MACE) during follow up...
- High HbA1c levels correlate with reduced plaque regression during statin treatment in patients with stable coronary artery disease: results of the coronary atherosclerosis study measuring effects of rosuvastatin using intravascular ultrasound in Japanese Hiroyuki Daida
Department of Cardiology, Juntendo University School of Medicine, 2 1 1 Hongo, Tokyo 113 8421, Japan
Cardiovasc Diabetol 11:87. 2012..5 mg once daily, up-titrated to a maximum of 20 mg/day to achieve LDL cholesterol <80 mg/dl)...
- A review of the molecular genetics of the human alpha-globin gene clusterD R Higgs
Nuffield Department of Clinical Medicine, John Radcliff Hospital, Oxford, England
Blood 73:1081-104. 1989
- Glycated hemoglobin and associated risk factors in older adultsRaul A Martins
Faculty of Sport Sciences and Physical Education, University of Coimbra, Estádio Universitário, Pavilhão 3, 3040 156 Coimbra, Portugal
Cardiovasc Diabetol 11:13. 2012..Age is associated with several risk factors as increased body fat and abdominal fat, deterioration of the lipid profile, diabetes, raising in inflammatory activity, or decreased functional fitness...
- Effects of nitrendipine on blood pressure, renin-angiotensin-system and atrial natriuretic peptide in hypertensive type I diabetic patientsH Lehnert
III. Medizinische Klinik, , Germany
Horm Metab Res 25:24-8. 1993..natriuretic peptide (ANP), plasma renin activity (PRA) and active renin, aldosterone, glycosylated hemoglobin (HbA1) and fructosamines were determined at the beginning and the end of the study...
- Increased plasma levels of endothelin in diabetic patients with hypertensionT Haak
Department of Endocrinology, Johann Wolfgang Goethe University, Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Am J Hypertens 5:161-6. 1992..Glycosylated hemoglobin (HbA1) concentrations above 10% of total hemoglobin were measured in 62% of the patients...
- [Superoxide anion (O2-) production by polymorphonuclear leukocytes in insulin dependent diabetes mellitus (IDDM)]H Nakahata
Third Department of Internal Medicine, Hirosaki University School of Medicine
Kansenshogaku Zasshi 65:521-6. 1991..001 at 10 and 30 min.). O2- production at 10 and 30 min. possessed a negative correlation with Hba1 and A1c value (HbA1: p less than 0.01 at 10 min. p less than 0.05 at 30 min., HbA1c: p less than 0...
- [Value of glucose, glycosylated hemoglobin and fructosamine in blood of patients with ischemic cerebral infarction without diabetes during the early stage of the disease]B Chmielewska
Katedra i Klinika Neurologii Akademii Medycznej w Lublinie
Ann Univ Mariae Curie Sklodowska Med 51:61-8. 1996Fasting blood glucose level, glycosylated haemoglobin (HBA1) and fructosamine (FA) were measured in 37 non-diabetic patients with a recent (48 h) brain infarction of the carotid territory...
- [The concentration of glucose, glycosylated hemoglobin and fructosamine in blood of patients with cerebral hemorrhage in the acute stage of the disease]B Chmielewska
Katedra i Klinika Neurologii, Akademia Medyczna w Lublinie
Ann Univ Mariae Curie Sklodowska Med 50:123-30. 1995The level of glucose, fructosamine (FA), glucosylated hemoglobin (HbA1) was determined for 21 patients with cerebral haemorrhage at an early stage of their illness...
- Patients' participation in medical care: effects on blood sugar control and quality of life in diabetesS Greenfield
Department of Medicine, University of California, Los Angeles
J Gen Intern Med 3:448-57. 1988..The mean pre-intervention glycosylated hemoglobin (HbA1) values were 10.6 +/- 2.1% for 33 experimental patients and 10.3 +/- 2.0% for 26 controls...
- High dose supplementation of RRR-alpha-tocopherol decreases cellular hemostasis but accelerates plasmatic coagulation in type 2 diabetes mellitusP Ferber
German Diabetes Research Institute at the Heinrich-Heine University,
Horm Metab Res 31:665-71. 1999..0; HbA1 at baseline 10.25+/-1.7). RESULTS: Average vitamin E levels increased 2.65-fold accompanied by a 1...
- Proteomic profiling of human retinal and choroidal endothelial cells reveals molecular heterogeneity related to tissue of originDavid O Zamora
Casey Eye Institute, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, OR, USA
Mol Vis 13:2058-65. 2007..Because the proteome ultimately determines the behavior of any given cell, however, it is critical to determine whether molecular differences exist at the level of protein expression...
- Glycemic control and alveolar bone loss progression in type 2 diabetesG W Taylor
School of Dentistry, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, USA
Ann Periodontol 3:30-9. 1998..The PC group had glycosylated hemoglobin (HbA1) > or = 9%; the BC group had HbA1 < 9%...
- Hypoglycemia and the decision to drive a motor vehicle by persons with diabetesW L Clarke
Department of Pediatrics, The University of Virginia Health Sciences Center, Charlottesville 22908, USA
JAMA 282:750-4. 1999..6 and 3.6 mmol/L (47-65 mg/dL). However, to our knowledge, no data exist examining subjects' decisions to drive at various BG levels during their daily routine...
- The effects of glibenclamide on glucose homeostasis and lipoprotein metabolism in poorly controlled type 2 diabetesC Baynes
Unit of Metabolic Medicine, St. Mary's Hospital, London, United Kingdom
Horm Metab Res 25:96-101. 1993..in almost all the measured parameters of glucose homeostasis (plasma glucose, glycosylated haemoglobin (HbA1), hepatic glucose production and insulin-mediated glucose disposal) neither fasting serum triglycerides nor HDL ..
- Adult-type fibrosarcoma: A reevaluation of 163 putative cases diagnosed at a single institution over a 48-year periodArmita Bahrami
Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Am J Surg Pathol 34:1504-13. 2010..We conclude that true FS is exceedingly rare, accounting for <1% of approximately 10,000 adult soft tissue sarcomas seen at our institution during this time period, and should be diagnosed with great caution...
- Antibodies to GAD and glycemic control in recent-onset IDDMR D Hoeldtke
Department of Medicine, West Virginia University, Morgantown 26506 9159, USA
Diabetes Care 20:1900-3. 1997..To analyze the effect of antibodies to glutamic acid decarboxylase (GAD65Ab) and islet cells (ICA512Ab) on glycemic control early in IDDM...
- Structure and expression of the human theta 1 globin geneS L Hsu
Institute of Molecular Biology, Academia Sinica, Taiwan, Republic of China
Nature 331:94-6. 1988....
- Suppression of human colon tumor growth by adenoviral vector-mediated NK4 expression in an athymic mouse modelJian Zheng Jie
State Key Laboratory of Molecular Virology and Genetic Engineering, 9 Dong Dan San Tiao, Dong Cheng Qu, Beijing 100730, China
World J Gastroenterol 13:1938-46. 2007....
- Progression of diabetic retinopathy and changes in serum insulin-like growth factor I (IGF I) during continuous subcutaneous insulin infusion (CSII)S L Hyer
Department of Medicine, Royal Postgraduate Medical School, St. Mary's Hospital, London, United Kingdom
Horm Metab Res 21:18-22. 1989..8 +/- 4.7 yrs, serum IGF I concentration, HbA1 and retinopathy score were estimated prospectively over twelve months following the institution of CSII therapy...
- the "Ulm Zucker Uhr System" and its consequencesE F Pfeiffer
, , Germany
Horm Metab Res 26:510-4. 1994..Likewise, over 48 hours, the hyperglycemic periods are transmitted and recorded which are not measured and reflected by the HbA1 and HbA1c conventional measurements.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 250 WORDS)
- Thalidomide attenuates tumor growth and preserves fast-twitch skeletal muscle fibers in cholangiocarcinoma ratsKeng Hao Liu
Department of Surgery, Xiamen Chang Gung and Hospital Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, Chang Gung University, Taipei, Taiwan
Surgery 143:375-83. 2008..Cancer cachexia is associated with decreased survival and poor quality of life. Herein, we present a rat model of cholangiocarcinoma and demonstrate that thalidomide attenuates tumor growth and improves cachexia...
- Sinus histiocytosis with massive lymphadenopathy and Langerhans cell histiocytosis express the cellular adhesion molecule CD31Stephen P Slone
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, School of Medicine, University of Louisville, Louisville, KY 40292, USA
Arch Pathol Lab Med 127:341-4. 2003..CD31 may be a useful nonlysosomal marker of macrophages and their neoplastic counterparts (true histiocytic sarcomas). An immunohistochemical staining panel that includes CD31 and S100 facilitates the diagnosis of SHML and LCH...
- Vascular pathology in galactosialidosisY Arai
Department of Clinical Laboratory, National Center Hospital for Mental, Nervous and Muscular Disorders, Kodaira, Tokyo, Japan
Ultrastruct Pathol 23:369-74. 1999..Moreover, diffuse and various degrees of axonal damage, most likely caused by vascular disorder in cerebral or cerebellar white matter, was reported using the amyloid precursor protein (APP) immunohistochemical method...
- Cellular Ca2+ ATPase activity in diabetes mellitusC Spieker
, , Germany
Horm Metab Res 26:544-7. 1994..There was no significant correlation of maximal Ca2+ ATPase activity to fasting serum glucose concentration and to HbA1 levels...
- Renal metabolism of uric acid in type I insulin-dependent diabetic patients: relation to metabolic compensationL Gonzalez-Sicilia
Servicio de Medicina Interna, Hospital General Universitario, Murcia, Spain
Horm Metab Res 29:520-3. 1997..4 +/- 7.2 years) were studied under two situations, poor glycemic control (glycemia > 11 mmol/L and HbA1 c > 10%) and good glycemic control (glycemia < 6 mmol/L and HbA1 c < 8.5%)...
- [Influence of insulin-like growth factor 1 on PECAM-1 and ICAM-1 adhesion molecules expression in tumor necrosis factor alpha and hyperglycemia induced umbilical vein endothelial cells]Krzysztof Wnuczko
Kliniki Neonatologii i Intensywnej Terapii Noworodka Uniwersyteckiego Szpitala Klinicznego w Białymstoku
Wiad Lek 61:119-25. 2008....
- Normal and neoplastic cells of brown adipose tissue express the adhesion molecule CD31Renato Rosso
From the Department of Pathology, University of Pavia, IRCCS San Matteo Hospital, Pavia, Italy
Arch Pathol Lab Med 130:480-2. 2006..During the assessment of angiogenesis and vascular invasion in a thymic carcinoid tumor, we observed unexpected immunostaining for CD31 in perithymic brown fat nests...
- Assessment of risk for severe hypoglycemia among adults with IDDM: validation of the low blood glucose indexB P Kovatchev
University of Virginia Health Sciences Center, Charlottesville, 22908, USA
Diabetes Care 21:1870-5. 1998..To evaluate the clinical/research utility of the low blood glucose index (LBGI), a measure of the risk of severe hypoglycemia (SH), based on self-monitoring of blood glucose (SMBG)...
- Effect of different insulin administration modalities on vitamin D metabolism of insulin-dependent diabetic patientsC Colette
, , Montpellier, France
Horm Metab Res 21:37-41. 1989..in 3 groups of patients who were treated for several months with (i) conventional insulin therapy (group I, n = 17, HbA1 = 10.1 +/- 0.5%); (ii) continuous subcutaneous insulin infusion (CSII, group II, n = 11, HbA1 = 8.9 +/- 0...
- Increased lengthening rate decreases expression of fibroblast growth factor 2, platelet-derived growth factor, vascular endothelial growth factor, and CD31 in a rat model of distraction osteogenesisJonathan R Schiller
Department of Orthopaedics, Brown Medical School Rhode Island Hospital, Providence 02905, USA
J Pediatr Orthop 27:961-8. 2007....
- Vascular and lymphatic properties of the superficial and deep lamina propria in Barrett esophagusHejin P Hahn
Department of Pathology, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Am J Surg Pathol 32:1454-61. 2008..Further outcome studies are needed to evaluate the risk of vascular/lymphatic metastasis in BE patients with different levels of LP invasion...
- FasL-Fas interactions regulate neovascularization in the corneaPatrick M Stuart
Departments of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences, Washington University Medical School, 660 S Euclid Avenue, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 44:93-8. 2003..Because Fas ligand (FasL) is highly expressed in the cornea, the role of this molecule in controlling corneal neovascularization was examined in this study...
- Quality control of intensified insulin therapy: HbA1 versus blood glucoseF Bischof
Horm Metab Res 26:574-8. 1994Since the measurement of HbA1 has become available to the diabetologists, the physicians and patients tend to rely exclusively on this parameter for the assessment of metabolic control...
- Vascular density and phenotype around ductal carcinoma in situ (DCIS) of the breastN B Teo
Pathology Department, University of Liverpool, Duncan Building, Daulby Street, Liverpool L69 3GA, UK
Br J Cancer 86:905-11. 2002..The relationship between vascular density, grade, duct size and nuclear grade suggests that periductal angiogenesis increases with tumour growth rate but is unable to keep pace with the most rapidly growing lesions...
- [Usefulness of current and retrospective markers of glycemia for early prognostication of ischemic stroke in diabetics and non-diabetics]B Chmielewska
Katedra i Klinika Neurologii, Akademii Medycznej w Lublinie
Ann Univ Mariae Curie Sklodowska Med 54:261-7. 1999..In the study we have assessed relations of fasting (1st-2nd day of illness) and pre-stroke glycaemia (measured as HbA1 and FA) with recent clinical manifestation and outcome within one month in 22 diabetics and 37 non-diabetics with ..
- Isolation and characterization of dermal lymphatic and blood endothelial cells reveal stable and functionally specialized cell lineagesE Kriehuber
Division of Immunology, Allergy and Infectious Diseases, Department of Dermatology, University of Vienna Medical School, Austria
J Exp Med 194:797-808. 2001..These results demonstrate that LECs and BECs constitute stable and specialized EC lineages equipped with the potential to navigate leukocytes and, perhaps also, tumor cells into and out of the tissues...
- Recipient cytokine genotypes for TNF-alpha and IL-10 and the minor histocompatibility antigens HY and CD31 codon 125 are not associated with occurrence or severity of acute GVHD in unrelated cord blood transplantation: a retrospective analysisGesine Kogler
José Carreras Eurocord Netcord Bank Germany, Institute for Transplantation Diagnostics and Cell Therapeutics, Heinrich Heine University, Moorenstrasse 5, Bldg 14 80, 40225 Dusseldorf, Germany
Transplantation 74:1167-75. 2002....
- Expression of D2-40 in lymphatic endothelium of normal tissues and in vascular tumoursM Fukunaga
Department of Pathology, The Jikei University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
Histopathology 46:396-402. 2005..D2-40 is a novel monoclonal antibody to a Mr 40 000 O-linked sialoglycoprotein that reacts with a fixation-resistant epitope in lymphatic endothelium...
- Insulin resistance in Fibrocalculous (tropical) pancreatic diabetesV Mohan
Diabetes Research Centre, Madras, India
Horm Metab Res 20:746-8. 1988..001). There was no significant difference between the mean fasting plasma glucose or HbA1 between the FCPD and NIDDM patients...
- Cholesterol metabolism and non-cholesterol sterol distribution in lipoproteins of type 1 diabetes: the effect of improved glycemic controlChaiyasit Sittiwet
Department of Medicine, Division of Internal Medicine, University of Helsinki, Helsinki, Finland
Atherosclerosis 194:465-72. 2007..After the 2-6 months follow-up, the mean value of HbA1(c) decreased from 10.8% to 8.6% (p=0.001)...
- Roles of thrombospondin-1 and -2 in regulating corneal and iris angiogenesisClaus Cursiefen
Schepens Eye Research Institute, Department of Ophthalmology, Harvard Medical School, Boston Massachusetts 02114, USA
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 45:1117-24. 2004..This study was undertaken to investigate whether deficiencies of these factors altered developmental and inflammation-induced angiogenesis in the cornea and developmental angiogenesis of the iris of mice...
- Expression of adhesion molecules in first trimester spontaneous abortions and their role in abortion pathogenesisGamze Yurdakan
Department of Pathology, Faculty of Medicine, Zonguldak Karaelmas University, Zonguldak, Turkey
Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand 87:775-82. 2008..To the best of our knowledge, this is the first study to investigate adhesion molecules in spontaneous abortions...
- Recombinant vascular basement-membrane-derived multifunctional peptide inhibits angiogenesis and growth of hepatocellular carcinomaYou Hua Wu
Laboratory of Medicine Engineering, Medical College, Hunan Normal University, Changsha, Hunan Province, China
World J Gastroenterol 15:1744-50. 2009..To investigate the anti-angiogenic and anti-tumor activities of recombinant vascular basement membrane-derived multifunctional peptide (rVBMDMP) in hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC)...
- Human embryonic stem cells hemangioblast express HLA-antigensGrzegorz Wladyslaw Basak
Rebecca and John Moore s Cancer Center, University of California, La Jolla, CA 92093, USA
J Transl Med 7:27. 2009..We hypothesized that these cells with dual hematopoietic/endothelial potential could be used in future regenerative medicine...
- Limited joint mobility and lipodystrophy in children and adolescents with insulin-dependent diabetes mellitusT Kakourou
First Department of Pediatrics, Athens University, Greece
Pediatr Dermatol 11:310-4. 1994..7 years, who had insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus (IDDM) for 4.5 +/- 3.7 years and glycosylated Hb values (HbA1) of 10.5% +/- 4.5%, were examined for limited joint mobility (LJM) and lipodystrophy...
- Epithelioid cell histiocytoma--histogenetic and kinetics analysis of dermal microvascular unit dendritic cell subpopulationsJeffrey S Silverman
Southside Hospital, Department of Pathology, Bay Shore, NY, USA
J Cutan Pathol 30:415-22. 2003..Thought to arise from dermal dendrocytes, most ECH contain approximately 50% FXIIIa+ histiocytic dendrocytes, but not all lesional cells express FXIIIa. A putative fibroblastic component has not been characterized...
- [Correlative study of distribution of brain tumor stem cell with micro-vascular system]Ming Wu Li
Department of Neurosurgery, Affiliated Provincial Hospital, Anhui Medical University, Hefei 230001, China
Zhonghua Yi Xue Za Zhi 90:305-9. 2010..The relationship of BTSC distribution with micro-blood vessels was analyzed using morphometry...
- Adjunctive use of tolazamide in newly-diagnosed diabetic childrenR Sanders
University of Rochester Medical Center, Department of Pediatrics, New York
Horm Metab Res 22:576-80. 1990..Monthly comparison of the HbA1 values between groups revealed no statistical difference; likewise, the fasting serum C-peptide values were not ..
- Oligodendroglioma: HMB-45 positivity using catalyzed signal amplification method: an immunohistochemical (HMB-45, CD31, p53, Mib-1) and ultrastructural studyG L Taddei
Department of Human Pathology and Oncology, University of Florence, Italy
Appl Immunohistochem Mol Morphol 9:35-41. 2001..0213). Proliferation rate, evaluated with Mib-1, was unrelated to survival, but proved greater in recurrences (10 of 11 cases) than in primary tumors (7 of 19 lesions; P = 0.007)...
- Flexor tendon blood vesselsM E Jones
RAFT Institute, Mount Vernon Hospital Northwood, Middlesex, UK
J Hand Surg Br 25:552-9. 2000..We therefore recommend the use of hindpaw tendons when using the rabbit as a flexor tendon experimental model. This is because its vascular pattern is similar to that of the human flexor digitorum profundus...
- Evidence that CD31, CD49b, and CD62L are immunodominant minor histocompatibility antigens in HLA identical sibling bone marrow transplantsE Maruya
Department of Research, Kyoto Red Cross Blood Center, Kyoto, Japan the Department of Internal Medicine, Saku Central Hospital, Nagano, The Department of Transfusion Medicine, Yamaguchi University Hospital, Japan
Blood 92:2169-76. 1998..03) and CD62L + CD49b (P = . 004, Pcorrected = .078) was associated with acute GVHD. Therefore, CD31, CD49b, and CD62L might be candidates for immunodominant mHa...
- Neoadjuvant multidrug chemotherapy including high-dose methotrexate modifies VEGF expression in osteosarcoma: an immunohistochemical analysisBarbara Rossi
Department of Orthopaedics and Traumatology, Catholic University, Agostino Gemelli Hospital, Rome, Italy
BMC Musculoskelet Disord 11:34. 2010....
- Elevated plasma endothelial microparticles: preeclampsia versus gestational hypertensionVictor H Gonzalez-Quintero
Division of Maternal Fetal Medicine, Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, University of Miami School of Medicine, PO Box 016960 R 136, Miami, FL 33101, USA
Am J Obstet Gynecol 191:1418-24. 2004....
- ApoA-I induced CD31 in bone marrow-derived vascular progenitor cells increases adhesion: implications for vascular repairKarthikeyan Mythreye
Department of Medicine, Duke University Medical Center, 209 MSRB1 Research Drive, Durham, NC 27710, USA
Biochim Biophys Acta 1781:703-9. 2008..Our results provide the first evidence that exogenous free ApoA-I has the capacity to change the characteristics of progenitor cell populations and suggests a novel mechanism by which HDL may mediate its cardiovascular benefits...
- Expression of CD31, Met/hepatocyte growth factor receptor and bone morphogenetic protein in bone metastasis of osteosarcomaK Arihiro
Second Department of Pathology, Hiroshima University School of Medicine, Hiroshima, Japan
Pathol Int 51:100-6. 2001....
- Significance of monocyte chemotactic protein-1 and thymidine phosphorylase in angiogenesis of human cardiac myxomaTianshu Zhang
Second Department of Surgery, Shinshu University School of Medicine, Asahi, Matsumoto, Japan
Circ J 67:54-60. 2003..These results indicate that in cardiac myxoma, MCP-1 and TP may be regarded as important angiogenic signals accompanying growth...
- Absence of in vivo generalized pro-inflammatory endothelial activation in severe, early-onset preeclampsiaRogier B Donker
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Groningen University Institute for Drug Exploration, University Medical Center Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands
J Soc Gynecol Investig 12:518-28. 2005..Therefore, this study aimed to investigate the presence of generalized proinflammatory endothelial activation in severe, early-onset preeclampsia in vivo...
- Multivariable analysis of serum 3,5,3'-L-triiodothyronine concentration in patients of diabetes mellitus by blood glucose level and body weightT Yagura
Tenri Hospital, Japan
Horm Metab Res 22:237-40. 1990..Haemoglobin A1 (HbA1) was used as an index of hyperglycemia...
- Regulation of CD31 expression and interleukin-4 production by human cord blood CD4+ T cells with interleukin-4 and interleukin-7K Katamura
Department of Pediatrics, Faculty of Medicine, Kyoto University, Japan
Pediatr Int 42:126-33. 2000....
- CD34-positive stromal cells and alpha-smooth muscle actin-positive stromal cells in the tumor capsule of skin sweat gland neoplasmsHirofumi Nakayama
First Department of Pathology, Kochi Medical School, Kochi, Japan
Pathol Int 52:25-30. 2002....
- Endothelial microparticles released in thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura express von Willebrand factor and markers of endothelial activationJoaquin J Jimenez
Wallace H Coulter Platelet Laboratory, Division of Hematology Oncology, University of Miami School of Medicine, Miami, FL 33136, USA
Br J Haematol 123:896-902. 2003..The ratio of CD31+/42b- to CD62E+ EMP exhibited a pattern consistent with activation. In conclusion, our studies indicate endothelial activation in TTP. EMP that co-express VWF and CD62E could play a role in the pathogenesis of TTP...
- Angiogenic switching in the alveolar capillaries in primary lung adenocarcinoma and squamous cell carcinomaChizuko Morishita
Department of Molecular Pathology, Institute of Gerontology, Field of Development and Aging Sciences, Graduate School of Medicine, Nippon Medical School, Kanagawa, Japan
J Nihon Med Sch 74:344-54. 2007..Suppression of angiogenic switching in SCC implies that factors other than VEGF-VEGFR interaction, such as physical contact and compression of tumor cells, might play a critical role in alveolar capillaries...
- Interleukin-3 promotes hemangioblast development in mouse aorta-gonad-mesonephros regionWen Yan He
Department of Cell Biology, Institute of Basic Medical Sciences, Beijing, China
Haematologica 95:875-83. 2010..In mouse E7.0-7.5 embryos, the hemangioblast can be identified by a clonal blast colony-forming cell (BL-CFC) assay or single cell OP9 co-culture. However, the ontogeny of the hemangioblast in mid-gestation embryos is poorly defined...
- Polychromatic flow cytometry analysis of CD34+ hematopoietic stem cells in cryopreserved early preterm human cord blood samplesF D'Alessio
CEINGE Biotecnologie Avanzate, Naples, Italy
Cytometry A 79:14-24. 2011..Taken together, these results evidence the hematopoietic peculiarity of hEPCB, potentially useful for highlighting early steps of human hematolymphopoiesis as well as for developing novel strategies of stem cell-based therapy...
- Human CD38 (ADP-ribosyl cyclase) is a counter-receptor of CD31, an Ig superfamily memberS Deaglio
Dipartimento di Genetica, Biologia e Chimica Medica, Universita di Torino, Italy
J Immunol 160:395-402. 1998..These results suggest that the interplay between CD38 and its ligand CD31 is an important step in the regulation of cell life and of the migration of leukocytes (and CD38+ cancer cells) through the endothelial cell wall...
- Angiogenesis during follicular development in the primate and its inhibition by treatment with truncated Flt-1-Fc (vascular endothelial growth factor Trap(A40))C Wulff
Medical Research Council, Human Reproductive Sciences Unit, EH3 9ET Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Endocrinology 142:3244-54. 2001..The ability of VEGF trap treatment to severely restrict follicular angiogenesis establishes that VEGF is the major regulator of this process in the primate ovary...
- Association between intracranial plasmacytoma and multiple myeloma: clinicopathological outcome studyT H Schwartz
Department of Neurosurgery, Weill Medical College of Cornell University, New York Presbyterian Hospital, 525 East 68th Street, New York, NY 10021, USA
Neurosurgery 49:1039-44; discussion 1044-5. 2001..Attention has recently been focused on the role of the cell adhesion molecules CD56 and CD31 in the pathogenesis of myeloma. No such information is available for intracranial plasmacytomas and myeloma-associated lesions...
- Does bromocriptine improve glycemic control of obese type-2 diabetics?Ashraf Aminorroaya
Isfahan Endocrinology and Metabolism Research Center, Isfahan University of Medical Sciences and Health Services, Isfahan, Iran
Horm Res 62:55-9. 2004..In recent years, bromocriptine has been tried with controversial results. In present study, the effect of bromocriptine on glycemic control was evaluated in obese type-2 diabetic patients...
- Mesenchymal stem cells participate in angiogenesis and improve heart function in rat model of myocardial ischemia with reperfusionJunming Tang
Department of Physiology, Xiangya School of Medicine, Central South University, Changsha, Hunan 410078, People s Republic of China
Eur J Cardiothorac Surg 30:353-61. 2006..The effect of transplanted mesenchymal stem cells (MSCs) on the left ventricular (LV) function and morphology in a rat myocardial infarct heart with reperfusion model were analyzed...
- Analysis of immunohistochemical markers in bone marrow sections to evaluate for myelodysplastic syndromes and acute myeloid leukemiasCherie H Dunphy
Divisions of Hematopathology, Departments of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC 27599 7525, USA
Appl Immunohistochem Mol Morphol 15:154-9. 2007..We compare the usefulness of immunohistochemistry (IHC) [ie, CD34, CD117, myeloperoxidase (MPO), Hemoglobin A1 (HbA1), and terminal deoxynucleotidyl transferase (TdT)] of BM sections (IHC-BM) with BMA, bone marrow touch preparation (..
- Role and mechanism of vasculogenic mimicry in gastrointestinal stromal tumorsBaocun Sun
Department of Pathology, Tianjin Cancer Hospital, Tianjin Medical University, Tianjin 300060, People s Republic of China
Hum Pathol 39:444-51. 2008..033, respectively). We conclude that VM in GISTs is an unfavorable prognostic sign and that patients with VM-positive tumors are prone to suffer liver metastasis. Both MMP-2 and MMP-9 play an important role in VM formation in GISTs...
- Distribution of LYVE-1 and CD31 in postnatal rat masseter muscleIwao Sato
Department of Anatomy, School of Life Dentistry at Tokyo, Nippon Dental University, 1 9 20 Fujimi, Chiyoda ku, Tokyo, Japan
Ann Anat 190:329-38. 2008....
- Lymphovascular invasion in colorectal cancer: an interobserver variability studyElizabeth I Harris
Department of Pathology, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, TN 37232, USA
Am J Surg Pathol 32:1816-21. 2008..This study was undertaken to examine such interobserver variability, and we hypothesized that the use of immunohistochemical markers for vascular and lymphatic channels could improve interobserver agreement...
- The role of thrombosis as a mechanism of exacerbation in venous and combined venous lymphatic vascular malformations of the orbitIoannis Mavrikakis
Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences, Vancouver General Hospital, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Ophthalmology 116:1216-24. 2009....
- Sustained normoglycemia and remission phase in newly diagnosed type I diabetic subjects. Comparison between continuous subcutaneous insulin infusion and conventional therapy during a one year follow-upE Edelmann
III. Medizinische Abteilung and Forschergruppe Diabetes, , , Germany
Horm Metab Res 19:419-21. 1987..b>HbA1, glycosylated serum proteins and mean blood glucose (MBG) as parameters of metabolic control were determined ..
- Identification of critical antigen-specific mechanisms in the development of immune thrombocytopenic purpura in miceB Nieswandt
Department of Molecular Oncology, General Surgery, University of Witten Herdecke, Wuppertal, Germany
Blood 96:2520-7. 2000....
- Comparative study of the cyclization reactions of three bacterial cyclomaltodextrin glucanotransferasesY Terada
Biochemical Research Laboratory, Ezaki Glico Co, Ltd, 4 6 5 Utajima, Nishiyodogawa, Osaka 555 8502, Japan
Appl Environ Microbiol 67:1453-60. 2001..These three enzymes also differ in their hydrolytic activities, which seem to accelerate the conversion of larger cycloamyloses into smaller cycloamyloses...
- Luteal angiogenesis: prevention and intervention by treatment with vascular endothelial growth factor trap(A40)C Wulff
Medical Research Council Human Reproductive Sciences Unit, Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom EH3 9ET
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 86:3377-86. 2001..Luteal Flt mRNA expression is dependent upon VEGF, and VEGF inhibition results in abortive increases in expression of VEGF, angiopoietin-2, and Tie-2...
- Vascular adhesion protein-1 mediates adhesion and transmigration of lymphocytes on human hepatic endothelial cellsPatricia F Lalor
Liver Research Laboratories, University of Birmingham Institute of Clinical Science, Medical Research Council Center for Immune Regulation, Edgbaston, Birmingham, United Kingdom
J Immunol 169:983-92. 2002..Moreover, since VAP-1 is induced on nonhepatic endothelium in response to inflammation, its ability to support lymphocyte transendothelial migration may be an important systemic function of VAP-1...
- Establishment and characterization of an angiosarcoma-derived cell line, AS-MVera Krump-Konvalinkova
Institute of Pathology, Johannes Gutenberg University Mainz, Germany
Endothelium 10:319-28. 2003..5 presented characteristics suggestive of tumor cells, they did not develop into tumors when inoculated subcutaneously into nude mice. The cell line AS-M.5 could be a useful model system to study endothelial pathobiology in vitro...
- Localization of marginal zone macrophages is regulated by C-C chemokine ligands 21/19Manabu Ato
Department of Infectious and Tropical Diseases, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, UK
J Immunol 173:4815-20. 2004..Deficiency of CCL19 and CCL21, as also previously observed in mice infected with L. donovani, may thus account for the selective loss of MZM seen during this infection...
- Establishment of an immortalized PARP-1-/- murine endothelial cell line: a new tool to study PARP-1 mediated endothelial cell dysfunctionAna Carrillo
Transplant Unit, University Hospital Virgen de la Arrixaca, Murcia, Spain
J Cell Biochem 94:1163-74. 2005..This cell line should provide, for the first time, a valuable tool to study PARP-1 pathways in endothelial cell dysfunction...
- A case of primary uterine angiosarcoma: magnetic resonance imaging and computed tomography findingsY Konishi
Division of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Department of Reproductive and Developmental Medicine, Akita University School of Medicine, 1 1 1 Hondo, Akita 010 8543, Japan
Int J Gynecol Cancer 17:280-4. 2007..In addition, findings of a strongly enhanced lesion on gadolinium-enhanced T1-weighted MRI and contrast-enhanced CT also support the diagnosis of angiosarcoma...
- Immunohistochemical analysis of P-Selectin as a possible marker of vitality in human cutaneous woundsJ A Ortiz-Rey
Department of Pathology, POVISA Hospital, Vigo, Spain
J Forensic Leg Med 15:368-72. 2008..Moreover, P-Selectin has been detected in post-mortem injuries and it is not specific to vital injuries. Microscopic evaluation becomes difficult after autolysis/putrefaction...
- Further identification of the hyperunstable alpha-globin chain variant Hb Heraklion [codons 36/37 (-CCC); Pro-->0 (alpha1)] in Greek cases with co-inherited alpha+-thalassemia mutationsVarvara Douna
Hematology Laboratory, P and A Kyriakou Children s Hospital, Athens, Greece
Hemoglobin 32:379-85. 2008..Clinical, hematological and biochemical findings in all cases, including a follow-up evaluation of the original case, are described. All the cases originated from the Greek island of Crete...
- Angiogenic response to extracorporeal shock wave treatment in murine skin isograftsAlexander Stojadinovic
Combat Wound Initiative Program, Department of Surgery, Walter Reed Army Medical Center, Washington, DC, USA
Angiogenesis 11:369-80. 2008..These findings suggest that early pro-angiogenic and anti-inflammatory effects of ESWT promote tissue revascularization and wound healing by augmenting angiogenesis and dampening inflammation...
- Transcriptional profiling of CD31(+) cells isolated from murine embryonic stem cellsDevi Mariappan
Center of Physiology and Pathophysiology, Institute of Neurophysiology, and Center of Molecular Medicine, University of Cologne, Germany
Genes Cells 14:243-60. 2009..The transcriptomic characterization of CD31(+) cells enables an in vitro functional genomic model to identify genes required for angiogenesis...
- Intrinsic and extrinsic factors influencing the clinical course of B-cell chronic lymphocytic leukemia: prognostic markers with pathogenetic relevanceMichele Dal-Bo
Clinical and Experimental Onco Hematology Unit, Centro di Riferimento Oncologico, IRCCS, Aviano PN, Italy
J Transl Med 7:76. 2009..g. specific receptor/ligand interactions, such as CD38/CD31 or CD49d/VCAM-1. A putative final model, discussing the pathogenesis and the clinicobiological features of CLL in relationship of these factors, is also provided...
- Localization of vascular adhesion protein-1 (VAP-1) in the human eyeLama Almulki
Angiogenesis Laboratory, Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary, Harvard Medical School, 325 Cambridge Street, 3rd Floor, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Exp Eye Res 90:26-32. 2010..Furthermore, VAP-1 expression in the ocular vasculature is heterogeneous, with the vessels of the optic nerve and the retina showing highest expressions. These results characterize VAP-1 expression in human ocular tissues...
- Seyedtaghi Takyar; Fiscal Year: 2015....
- MiR-1 is a Critical Regulator of VEGF-Induced AngiogenesisSeyedtaghi Takyar; Fiscal Year: 2012....
- Interaction of thrombospondin-1 with alpha9beta1 integrin in glioma angiogenesisCezary Marcinkiewicz; Fiscal Year: 2012..Investigation of this receptor may be beneficial for cancer as well as for cardiovascular disease having patients, because regulation of vascularization process is important in these pathologies. ..
- Trophic factors and regulation of hippocampal neuroplasticity in the human brainMaura Boldrini; Fiscal Year: 2012..These results have implications for understanding the possibility to use trophic factors as ADT in MDD. ..
- JAMES MICHAEL DUNLEAVEY; Fiscal Year: 2015..Overall this study should provide novel therapeutic targets which could be used in conjunction with current anti-angiogenic therapies to improve cancer outcomes. ..
- Christopher D Kontos; Fiscal Year: 2014..Furthermore, these studies may lead to effective therapies for the treatment of PAD. ..
- Peter J Newman; Fiscal Year: 2016..The goal of this proposal is to improve our understanding of the function of this novel vascular cell adhesion and signaling molecule in the blood and vascular cells in which it is expressed. ..
- Fatal Attration: T lymphocytes and liver endothelial cell during sepsis.NOELLE A HUTCHINS; Fiscal Year: 2012..There are approximately 700,000 septic cases annually, and it has a mortality of 30%. We plan to use our proposed research strategies to discover a novel therapeutic target to understand and treat septic patients. ..
- The role of endothelial Notch signaling in murine lung branching morphogenesisEric Jelin; Fiscal Year: 2010..This project seeks to define the relationship between signaling in growing lung blood vessels and the associated coordinated development of airways. ..
- William A Muller; Fiscal Year: 2016..The results of these studies will contribute significantly to our understanding of the regulation of diapedesis and provide new targets for anti-inflammatory therapy. ..
- INDER MOHAN VERMA; Fiscal Year: 2014..We believe that the proposed experiments will allow us to understand the initiation, progression and maintenance of GBMs. We hope that our efforts to identify the targets will allow therapeutic intervention of this deadly disease. ..
- Identification of Novel Endothelial Progenitor CellsYoung Sup Yoon; Fiscal Year: 2010..In this proposal, we propose to identify genuine EPCs which have vasculogenic and/or angiogenic properties by narrow downing the CD31 subfractions. ..
- Endothelial Progenitor Cells for Assessing Toxicological Response Variability inJOHN WILLIAM LUDLOW; Fiscal Year: 2013..ECFC-based toxicological assays can become an invaluable tool for functional assessment of human genetic diversity and identification of population subgroups most vulnerable to chemical hazards. ..
- Imad Shureiqi; Fiscal Year: 2014..Confirmation of the tested hypothesis could lead to developing PPAR-d-targeted therapy to inhibit tumorigenesis. ..
- Tissue Factor/Vlla modulation in Ocular angiogenesisPATRICIA PHILLIPS; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Michael J Zigmond; Fiscal Year: 2014....
- Shehla Pervin; Fiscal Year: 2015..Increased understanding of the critical role of ERK1/2 signaling in MCSCs from AA patients and may provide novel targets for therapeutic drug design. ..
- NEUTROPHILS TRANSENDOTHELIAL MIGRATION: MOLECULAR EVENTSAlan Burns; Fiscal Year: 2004..The proposed research will provide new data and insights for the design of anti-inflammatory therapies that target the multistep process of leukocyte migration. ..
- Intervention models for thyroid proliferative disease using a bioactive food compRaj K Tiwari; Fiscal Year: 2013..This basic translational research is directed to reduce possible unnecessary surgery in TPD using bioactive food component, DIM, and determining the cellular and molecular basis of the gender bias of TPD. ..
- Urokinase, Neutrophil Activation and Acute Lung Injury.Gang Liu; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Mechanisms of PAI-1 Induced Anti-AngiogenesisMary J Mulligan Kehoe; Fiscal Year: 2011....
- HUCBC modulation of Alzheimer's-like pathology and behavioral changesJun Tan; Fiscal Year: 2012..Because it is our long-term goal to move U-CORD-CELL" into human trials for patients with mild to moderate AD, the proposal culminates in a completed investigational new drug (IND) application for submission to the FDA. ..
- Charlotte A Peterson; Fiscal Year: 2016....
- Negative regulation of platelet activityDEBRA KAY NEWMAN; Fiscal Year: 2010..We expect that information derived from this investigation has the potential to lead to improved diagnosis and treatment of bleeding disorders, myocardial infarction and stroke. ..
- Functional dissection of human adipose and bone marrow-derived MSC phenotypesJan A Nolta; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..
- Cell Specific Localization of Altered Gene Expression in Pulmonary HypertensionMarlene Rabinovitch; Fiscal Year: 2012..abstract_text> ..
- Integrating Quantitative Histological Image and Vascular Density Patterns for ProAnant Madabhushi; Fiscal Year: 2010..Data accrual will be done at UPENN while algorithmic development for computerized image analysis and classification will be carried out at RU. ..
- Myogenic Potential of Extraocular Muscle Satellite CellsLinda K McLoon; Fiscal Year: 2010..If these hypotheses are true, ultimately we hope to exploit this by using identified myogenic precursor cells from EOM as a new source of donor cells in myoblast therapy in mice models of muscle injury and DMD. ..
- Imaging and Modifying Hypoxia in Head and Neck Squamous Cell TumorsSydney M Evans; Fiscal Year: 2013..The use of the hypoxia imaging agents EF5 (in tissue sections) and 18F-EF5 for PET scanning will define which patients and what therapies will be most effective in order to improve patient outcome and quality of life. ..
- Design of novel c-Met inhibitors inspired by olive phenolicsKhalid A El Sayed; Fiscal Year: 2013..Anticipated new information will facilitate important therapeutic advances for alleviation and prevention of c-Met dependent malignancies. ..
- The Identification and Study of a Lung Mesenchymal Stem CellRoss S Summer; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..
- Synergistic effects of HIV and age on naive CD4+ T-cell senescenceBETH DEIRDRE JAMIESON-KARAVODIN; Fiscal Year: 2012....
- Local Warming: Effects on Wound Infection and HealingJoAnne Whitney; Fiscal Year: 2007..2.3. Perfusion (BF) in the surgical incision on postoperative days 3, 5 and 9 using Laser Doppler Flowmetry (LDF). ..
- Defects of Thymic Output in Wiskott-Aldrich SyndromeEILEEN REMOLD O DONNELL; Fiscal Year: 2006....
- Aging, Angiogenesis, and the Neuropeptide Y (NPY) SystemJoanna Kitlinska; Fiscal Year: 2002..abstract_text> ..
- Mechanism of Alcohol/Alcoholism-induced Liver NeoplasiaCHRISTIAN MAXIMILLIAN SCHMIDT; Fiscal Year: 2010..Such an animal model will be an invaluable tool for studying the mechanism by which alcohol exposure causes liver cancer and also further our understanding of the mechanisms by which alcohol causes cancer in general. ..
- REGULATION OF CELL DEATH IN EOSINOPHILOPOIESISKimm Hamann; Fiscal Year: 1999..We anticipate that these studies will establish a novel strategy of examining eosinophilopoiesis and will elucidate mechanisms of matrix-mediated regulation of hematopoiesis. ..
- PROGNOSIS OF METASTATIC DISEASE IN EARLY BREAST CANCEROrhan Nalcioglu; Fiscal Year: 2005..The successful outcome of the current proposal should enhance the accuracy of the prognostic factors and reduce the treatment-associated morbidity while also reducing the long-term mortality by selecting the "correct treatment." ..
- ENDOCAM/PECAM--A NOVEL VASCULAR CELL ADHESION MOLECULESteven Albelda; Fiscal Year: 1999....
- Biomarkers for protection against complicatios and beta-cell destruction George King; Fiscal Year: 2009..Surprisingly, no significant correlations were found between the presence of complications and HbA1 c, duration of disease and the presence of C-peptide...
- Role of LIBC in Inflammatory Breast Cancer PhenotypeCelina Kleer; Fiscal Year: 2007..Also, understanding the role of WISP3 will shed light on the mechanisms of cancer development in general and serve as a model for other related CCN genes involved in carcinogenesis. ..
- Angioprevention of Lung Tumorigenesis by SilibininRajesh Agarwal; Fiscal Year: 2009..Accordingly, completion of the studies proposed in this grant would position us for a pilot clinical trial with silibinin in lung cancer patients and in those suspected of being at high risk for lung cancer development. ..
- TOMOGRAPHIC/SPECTRAL IMAGING OF FGF-MED ANGIOGENESISDorothea Becker; Fiscal Year: 2001..abstract_text> ..
- ESTROGEN-DEPENDENT TUMOR GROWTH AND ANGIOGENESISJack Gorski; Fiscal Year: 1999..These new lines will be used to fine map these genes, leading to our third major aim; defining tumor growth and angiogenesis genes at the molecular level. We will map the genes with high resolution on the order of 1 centiMorgan. ..
- Preventive Health Care Use in Elderly Cancer SurvivorsALEXANDER MCBEAN; Fiscal Year: 2006..Association's recommended diabetes quality of care measures: the determination of serum hemoglobin Alc (HbA1 c) and low-density lipids (LDL-C), eye examination, and testing for diabetic nephropathy in persons who have ..
- STRUCTURE FUNCTION ANALYSIS OF PECAM 1Horace Delisser; Fiscal Year: 1999....
- INVESTIGATION OF ANGIOGENIC FUNCTION IN CANCER BY MRIOrhan Nalcioglu; Fiscal Year: 2001..All of these goals are major issues in health care of breast-cancer patients and the successful outcome of the proposed investigation will help reduce the human and economic costs of breast cancer. ..
- Matrix metalloproteinases and diabetic nephropathyKATHRYN THRAILKILL; Fiscal Year: 2005..in MMPFl'lMP/IGFconcentrations and differences in glycemic control at the time of study, as indicated by HbA1 c measurements and concurrent (72 hour) Continuous Subcutaneous Glucose Monitoring (CGMS)...
- Phase 2 Study of Anti Vegf Antibody in MelanomaWilliam Carson; Fiscal Year: 2002..Information gained from this trial will help us to understand the mechanism of action of anti-angiogenic drugs and help us to plan future studies in melanoma and other solid tumors. ..
- PALM-TOP DIETARY MANAGER FOR CHILDREN WITH DIABETESSERGEY SIROTININ; Fiscal Year: 2003..respect to: (a) its effectiveness to improve dietary self-management; (b) its impact on blood glucose regulation (HbA1 levels); and (c) user's satisfaction...
- Proteinase Modulation Diring T-Cell Endothelial AdhesionJoseph A Madri; Fiscal Year: 2010..Specifically we will use WT, CD31 KO, MMP-2 KO, MMP-9 KO, MMP-14 and -/- and CD44 KO mice, and bone marrow chimeric mice generated from these mice. ..
- Contrast-Enhanced Ultrasound Detection of AngiogenesisFlemming Forsberg; Fiscal Year: 2004..If successful, this project will permit non-invasive ultrasound evaluations of anti-angiogenic tumor therapies in animals as well as humans. ..
- Subharmonic Microbubble Signals for Pressure EstimationFlemming Forsberg; Fiscal Year: 2008..This will allow potentially life-threatening diseases, such as increased pressure in the liver, to be diagnosed early. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Periodontal Therapy: Effects on Glycemic Control in Community Health CentersGeorge Taylor; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Diabetes Associations with Caries and Tooth LossGeorge Taylor; Fiscal Year: 2005..Results may also impact on existing clinical practice protocols, and promote new public policy in matters related to diabetes. ..
- TREATING PERIODONTAL INFECTION: GLYCEMIC CONTROLGeorge Taylor; Fiscal Year: 2002..abstract_text> ..
- TUMOR OXYGENATION, VASCULARIZATION, AND RADIORESPONSEBruce Fenton; Fiscal Year: 2009..These results with lead to the more rational and optimal design of effective combined therapies, thereby ultimately accelerating their implementation into clinical protocols. ..
- PECAM-1 and AlveolizationHorace Delisser; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Reciprocal regulation of SDF-1 between marrow and lung during acute lung injuryBenjamin T Suratt; Fiscal Year: 2010..The studies we propose are expected to improve our limited understanding of this phase of ALI, and could eventually lead to improved therapies for a condition that continues to be all too often fatal. ..
- Study of anti-angiogenesis enhanced radiotherapyRobert Griffin; Fiscal Year: 2008..The information to be obtained in this study will be a vital part of design and implementation of large animal and human clinical trials. ..
- Gene therapy for treatment of craniofacial dysplasiaStephanos Kyrkanides; Fiscal Year: 2004..Completion of this study will aid in the development of novel therapies for the management of genetic disorders. ..
- ENHANCEMENT OF PDT USING BIOLOGICAL RESPONSE MODIFIERSDavid A Bellnier; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Development of Digital SNP Analysis in Cancer DetectionIe Ming Shih; Fiscal Year: 2005..Thus, the encouraging results from this study will ensure the detection of AI in plasma a promising cancer research direction for further exploration. ..
- Cell type gene delivery and alcoholic liver diseaseMichael Wheeler; Fiscal Year: 2006..In addition, through didactic training, and interactions with his mentor and key faculty, the applicant will acquire new skills that will allow him to become a successful member of the alcohol research community. ..
- Translational Immunology Core's FACSAria Cell SorterFrederic Preffer; Fiscal Year: 2008..Advances in medicine based on similar past work today permit curative kidney and bone marrow transplantations as well as treatments for certain autoimmune and infectious disease. ..
- Recombinant FIV vectors for the delivery of siRNA therapy to jointsStephanos Kyrkanides; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- SELENIUM AND LUNG CANCER RISKHenry Thompson; Fiscal Year: 2004..In addition, this work has the potential to provide new biomarkers with which to assess lung cancer risk and its modulation. ..
- The Glycosylation Gap and Diabetic ComplicationsRobert Cohen; Fiscal Year: 2005..The proposal therefore has potentially important basic science, clinical and population implications. ..
- Chemo-prevention of UVB-induced Basal Cell Carcinomas+/*Mohammad Athar; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- Heme oxygenase and cerebral vascular injuryHelena Parfenova; Fiscal Year: 2008..Better understanding of the mechanisms of postictal cerebral vascular dysfunction is needed to improve the long-term neurological outcome in human newborns. ..
- Behavioral intervention and adherence in hemodialysisAlan Christensen; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- ADHERENCE AND ADJUSTMENT IN END-STAGE RENAL DISEASEAlan Christensen; Fiscal Year: 2003..The knowledge generated will add to a growing body of literature that suggests psychosocial assessment information can be useful in the selection f the most beneficial renal treatment modality for a particular patient. ..
- MENTORED PATIENT ORIENTED RESEARCH CAREER DEVELOPMENT AWLinda DiMeglio; Fiscal Year: 2004..We will characterize the changes effected by oral bisphosphonate therapy and compare them to a regimen of intravenous bisphosphonate therapy in a group of children with OI. ..
- Transcription Factor Reporter TechnologyAlexei Bogdanov; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Differentiation of Glioma from Radiation Injury Using Cellular MRISyed Ali; Fiscal Year: 2008..This magnetic labeling technique will also help investigators to track the injected CTL in the body as well as in the targeted areas by magnetic resonance imaging (MRI). [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Does peripheral localized chronic inflammation predispose to neurodegeneration?Stephanos Kyrkanides; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Origin of HSC from Embryonic Stem CellsElias Zambidis; Fiscal Year: 2008..The success of these goals will lay the groundwork for characterizing human stem cells not available by any other means. ..
- Progesterone regulation of human luteal cell viabilityJohn Peluso; Fiscal Year: 2006..Such selective manipulation of the P4's actions could have far reaching effects on the treatment for infertility, contraception and certain types of cancers. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Protein Kinase G Regulation of Granulosa Cell ViabilityJohn Peluso; Fiscal Year: 2006..We now propose to test this hypothesis using biochemical, genetic, imaging and cell biological techniques. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Cellular MRI in Glioma and Radiation NecrosisAli Syed Arbab; Fiscal Year: 2010..Early detection of recurrent or metastatic glioma as well as early differentiation of glioma from radiation necrosis will help clinician to tackle the devastating neurological disease. ..
- OSTEOCLASTIC PHOSPHOTYROSYL PHOSPHATASE AND RESORPTIONKIN HING LAU; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- VASO-OCCLUSIVE PROCESSES IN SICKLE CELL RETINOPATHYGerard Lutty; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- APPLICATION OF NOVEL OPTICAL METHODS TO CELL DYNAMICSAlan Verkman; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- OXYGEN AND LIGHT DEPENDENCY OF PHOTODYNAMIC THERAPYBarbara Henderson; Fiscal Year: 2004..Similarly, PDT destroyed tumor cells may provide tumor antigen to differentiating dendritic cells generated by preceding delivery of GM-CSF. ..
- Role of the chronic inflammatory mediator NO in early mammary tumorigenesisLESLEY ELLIES; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Department of Pathology LSR2 CytometerFrederic Preffer; Fiscal Year: 2005..The laboratory has the documented financial support of both the Department of Pathology and MGH administration. ..
- NEUTROPHIL HOMEOSTASIS IN LUNG INFLAMMATIONBENJAMIN SURATT; Fiscal Year: 2005..These studies will address fundamental questions of neutrophil biology as well as provide clues to the mechanisms of lung injury in bone marrow transplantation. ..
- Evaluation of Hypoxia by EF5 Binding in Cervix CancerSydney Evans; Fiscal Year: 2003..This will allow conversion of binding to tumor pO2. Further analyses will incorporate the area of tissue involved at various binding levels. Patient follow-up and statistical evaluations will be provided by the GOG. ..
- Role of SV40 in Salivary Gland TumorigenesisLESLEY ELLIES; Fiscal Year: 2003..Analysis of molecular changes occurring during salivary gland tumorigenesis may lead to the development of therapeutic agents for the treatment of malignant disease. ..
- Role of airway submucosal glands in CF lung diseaseAlan S Verkman; Fiscal Year: 2010..The data will provide a rigorous scientific rationale for use of small-molecules in CF therapy, and establish widely useful assays to prioritize small molecules for clinical development. ..
- NEURAL CIRCUITRY OF THE KIDNEYMark Weiss; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- NOVEL TYROSINASE MUTANTS AS IMAGING MARKER GENESAlexei Bogdanov; Fiscal Year: 2002..The long-term goal of this research is to explore and develop novel and useful bifunctional "imaging/therapeutic marker genes" for in vivo use. ..
- Implications of Endothelial-Myocyte Uncoupling in Cardiac ArrhythmiaSuresh C Tyagi; Fiscal Year: 2010..These studies will delineate the mechanism of Hcy-dependent endothelial-myocyte uncoupling in cardiac arrhythmia and failure, and will have therapeutic ramifications for sudden cardiac death. ..
- PECAM-1'S INVOLVEMENT IN ANGIOGENESISHorace Delisser; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- The Role of PECAM in Models of Lung InjurySteven Albelda; Fiscal Year: 2005..These studies will fill a gap in the basic understanding of lung and cell adhesion biology, as well as provide potentially useful therapeutic information. ..
- Role of VEGF in Testis MorphogenesisAndrea S Cupp; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Chemoprevention of murine urinary bladder carcinogenesisAshish Kamat; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..