Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: H3F3B
Description: H3 histone family member 3B
Alias: H3.3B, histone H3.3, H3 histone, family 3B (H3.3B)
Publications115 found, 100 shown here
- Structural basis for recognition of H3K4 methylation status by the DNA methyltransferase 3A ATRX-DNMT3-DNMT3L domainJunji Otani
Department of Molecular Engineering, Graduate School of Engineering, Kyoto University, Kyoto Daigaku Katsura, Nishikyo ku, Kyoto 615 8510, Japan
EMBO Rep 10:1235-41. 2009..These results indicate that de novo DNA methylation by DNMT3A requires the alteration of chromatin structure...
- A phospho/methyl switch at histone H3 regulates TFIID association with mitotic chromosomesRadhika A Varier
Department of Physiological Chemistry and Netherlands Proteomics Center, University Medical Centre Utrecht, Utrecht, The Netherlands
EMBO J 29:3967-78. 2010..Based on our observations, we propose that a histone H3 phospho-methyl switch regulates TFIID-mediated transcription during mitotic progression of the cell cycle...
- Discovery, identification and sequence analysis of RNAs selected for very short or long poly A tail in immature bovine oocytesMaella Gohin
Centre de Recherche en Biologie de la Reproduction, Faculté des sciences de l agriculture et de l alimentation, Departement des Sciences Animales, 2440 Bl Hochelaga, Pavillon INAF, Universite Laval, Quebec, QC, Canada G1V 0A6
Mol Hum Reprod 20:127-38. 2014..Moreover, we identified deadenylated RNAs in bovine oocytes that may be stored for the long-term process of early embryo development and described a conserved motif enriched in the 3'UTR of deadenylated RNAs...
- ZMYND11 links histone H3.3K36me3 to transcription elongation and tumour suppressionHong Wen
1 Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas 77030, USA 2 Center for Cancer Epigenetics, Center for Genetics and Genomics, and Center for Stem Cell and Developmental Biology, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas 77030, USA 3
Nature 508:263-8. 2014..Together, this study identifies ZMYND11 as an H3.3-specific reader of H3K36me3 that links the histone-variant-mediated transcription elongation control to tumour suppression. ..
- The landscape of somatic mutations in epigenetic regulators across 1,000 paediatric cancer genomesRobert Huether
1 Department of Computational Biology, St Jude Children s Research Hospital, 262 Danny Thomas Place, Memphis, Tennessee 38105, USA 2
Nat Commun 5:3630. 2014..Collectively, our results help to define the landscape of mutations in epigenetic regulatory genes in paediatric cancer and yield a valuable new database for investigating the role of epigenetic dysregulations in cancer. ..
- Giant cell tumor of bone: current treatment optionsKeith M Skubitz
Department of Medicine, University of Minnesota Medical School, and the Masonic Cancer Center, Box 286, University Hospital, Minneapolis, MN, USA
Curr Treat Options Oncol 15:507-18. 2014..The role of denosumab in the preoperative or adjuvant setting will require clinical trials. In some cases local radiation therapy may be useful, although long term effects should be considered...
- Histone H3.3 regulates dynamic chromatin states during spermatogenesisBenjamin T K Yuen
Department of Cell Biology and Human Anatomy, Shriners Hospital for Children Northern California, Sacramento, CA 95817, USA Genome Center, University of California Davis School of Medicine, Shriners Hospital for Children Northern California, Sacramento, CA 95817, USA Institute of Pediatric Regenerative Medicine, Shriners Hospital for Children Northern California, Sacramento, CA 95817, USA
Development 141:3483-94. 2014..Recently, we developed a knockout mouse model for the H3f3b gene, one of two genes encoding H3.3...
- Genetic Analysis of Diffuse High-Grade Astrocytomas in Infancy Defines a Novel Molecular EntityGerrit H Gielen
Institute of Neuropathology, University of Bonn Medical Center, Bonn, Germany
Brain Pathol 25:409-17. 2015..Our findings indicate that infant high-grade gliomas appear to represent a distinct genetic entity suggesting a different pathogenesis and biological behavior. ..
- The highly prevalent H3F3A mutation in giant cell tumours of bone is not shared by sporadic central giant cell lesion of the jawsCarolina Cavalieri Gomes
Department of Pathology, Biological Sciences Institute, Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais, Belo Horizonte, Brazil
Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol 118:583-5. 2014..Gly34 Trp or p.Gly34 Leu in H3F3A, one of two genes for histone H3.3 located on chromosome 1. We aimed to test whether sporadic CGCL of the jaws share the H3F3A mutations reported in GCT of other bones...
- Diagnostic, prognostic and predictive relevance of molecular markers in gliomasSebastian Brandner
Division of Neuropathology, The National Hospital for Neurology and Neurosurgery, University College London NHS Foundation Trust, London, UK
Neuropathol Appl Neurobiol 41:694-720. 2015..In a tumour-specific topic, the role of mitogen-activated protein kinase pathway mutations in the pathogenesis of pilocytic astrocytomas will be covered. ..
- Biomarker-driven diagnosis of diffuse gliomasChristina L Appin
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Winship Cancer Institute, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA, USA
Mol Aspects Med 45:87-96. 2015..These gliomas often harbor mutations or activating gene rearrangements in BRAF. ..
- Adult IDH wild type astrocytomas biologically and clinically resolve into other tumor entitiesDavid E Reuss
Department of Neuropathology, Institute of Pathology, University of Heidelberg, INF 224, 69120, Heidelberg, Germany
Acta Neuropathol 130:407-17. 2015..The diagnosis of IDHwt diffuse astrocytoma or anaplastic astrocytoma should be used with caution. ..
- Detecting the H3F3A mutant allele found in high-grade pediatric glioma by real-time PCRRay Zhang
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Mayo Clinic, 200 1st SW, Rochester, MN, 55905, USA
J Neurooncol 126:27-36. 2016..These results demonstrate that we have developed a new reliable procedure for detecting the H3F3A K27M mutation in pediatric glioblastoma patient samples...
- Histone H3F3A and HIST1H3B K27M mutations define two subgroups of diffuse intrinsic pontine gliomas with different prognosis and phenotypesDavid Castel
UMR8203 Vectorologie et Thérapeutiques Anticancéreuses, CNRS, Gustave Roussy, Univ Paris Sud, Université Paris Saclay, 94805, Villejuif, France
Acta Neuropathol 130:815-27. 2015..H3K27 alterations appear as the founding event in DIPG and the mutations in the two main histone H3 variants drive two distinct oncogenic programmes with potential specific therapeutic targets. ..
- Mutation Analysis of H3F3A and H3F3B as a Diagnostic Tool for Giant Cell Tumor of Bone and ChondroblastomaArjen H G Cleven
Department of Pathology, Leiden University Medical Center, Leiden, The Netherlands
Am J Surg Pathol 39:1576-83. 2015Specific H3F3A driver mutations and IDH2 mutations were recently described in giant cell tumor of bone (GCTB) and H3F3B driver mutations in chondroblastoma; these may be helpful as a diagnostic tool for giant cell-containing tumors of ..
- Molecular classification of gliomasKenta Masui
Department of Pathology, Tokyo Women s Medical University, Shinjku ku, Tokyo, Japan Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research, University of California San Diego, La Jolla, CA, USA
Handb Clin Neurol 134:97-120. 2016..Finally, we illustrate how advances in molecular diagnostics affect novel strategies of targeted therapy, thereby raising new challenges and identifying new leads for personalized treatment of glioma patients. ..
- [Molecular Genetics as Best Evidence in Glioma Diagnostics]Kenta Masui
Department of Pathology, Tokyo Women s Medical University
Brain Nerve 68:253-61. 2016....
- Clinical, Imaging, Histopathological and Molecular Characterization of Anaplastic GangliogliomaMarc Zanello
From the Department of Neurosurgery MZ, ED, Bd, JP, Department of Neuropathology, Sainte Anne Hospital, Paris, France MP, AT E, FC, FA, PV, Department of Biochemistry, Paul Brousse Hospital, Paris, France RS Department of Pediatric Neurosurgery, Necker Enfants Malades Hospital, Paris, France SP, CS R, MZ, Paris Descartes University, Paris, France MZ, MP, AT E, SP, ED, Bd, FC, FA, CS R, MZ, J FM, JP, PV, Department of Medical Biology and Pathology LL, Department of Neurooncology, UK
J Neuropathol Exp Neurol 75:971-980. 2016..K27M H3F3A mutation (17%). AGGs are malignant neoplasms requiring aggressive oncological treatment. In the perspective of targeted therapies, AGGs should be screened for BRAF V600E, hTERT, ATRX, and mutations of histone genes...
- Chronic periodontitis can affect the levels of potential oral cancer salivary mRNA biomarkersY S L Cheng
Department of Diagnostic Sciences, Texas A and M University College of Dentistry, Dallas, TX, USA
J Periodontal Res . 2016..The seven salivary mRNAs were interleukin (IL)-8, IL-1β, dual specificity phosphatase 1, H3 histone family 3A, ornithine decarboxylase antizyme 1, S100 calcium-binding protein P (S100P) and spermidine/spermine N1-acetyltransferase 1...
- Histone variant H3F3A promotes lung cancer cell migration through intronic regulationSeong Min Park
Specific Organs Cancer Branch, Research Institute, National Cancer Center, Goyang, Gyeonggi 10408, Republic of Korea
Nat Commun 7:12914. 2016..In summary, our results demonstrate that intronic regulation by H3F3A may be a target for the development of novel therapeutic strategies...
- H3.3/H2A.Z double variant-containing nucleosomes mark 'nucleosome-free regions' of active promoters and other regulatory regionsChunyuan Jin
Laboratory of Molecular Biology, National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland, USA
Nat Genet 41:941-5. 2009..Other combinations of variants have different distributions, consistent with distinct roles for histone variants in the modulation of gene expression...
- Distinct factors control histone variant H3.3 localization at specific genomic regionsAaron D Goldberg
Laboratory of Chromatin Biology and Epigenetics, The Rockefeller University, 1230 York Avenue, New York, NY 10065, USA
Cell 140:678-91. 2010..3 at telomeres and for the repression of telomeric RNA. Our data demonstrate that multiple and distinct factors are responsible for H3.3 localization at specific genomic locations in mammalian cells...
- PELP1 is a reader of histone H3 methylation that facilitates oestrogen receptor-alpha target gene activation by regulating lysine demethylase 1 specificitySujit S Nair
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Texas Health Science Center in San Antonio, 7703 Floyd Curl Drive, San Antonio, Texas 78229, USA
EMBO Rep 11:438-44. 2010..These results suggest that PELP1 is a reader of H3 methylation marks and has a crucial role in modulating the histone code at the ERalpha target genes...
- Daxx is an H3.3-specific histone chaperone and cooperates with ATRX in replication-independent chromatin assembly at telomeresPeter W Lewis
Laboratory of Chromatin Biology and Epigenetics, Rockefeller University, 1230 York Ave, New York, NY 10065, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 107:14075-80. 2010..These data demonstrate that Daxx functions as an H3.3-specific chaperone and facilitates the deposition of H3.3 at heterochromatin loci in the context of the ATRX-Daxx complex...
- Structures of human nucleosomes containing major histone H3 variantsHiroaki Tachiwana
Laboratory of Structural Biology, Graduate School of Advanced Science and Engineering, Waseda University, Tokyo 162 8480, Japan
Acta Crystallogr D Biol Crystallogr 67:578-83. 2011..1 nucleosome. Since the amino-acid residues specific for H3.2 and H3.3 are located on the accessible surface of the H3/H4 tetramer, they may be potential interaction sites for H3.2- and H3.3-specific chaperones...
- Histone H3.3. mutations drive pediatric glioblastoma through upregulation of MYCNLynn Bjerke
Divisions of Molecular Pathology and Cancer Therapeutics The Institute of Cancer Research, Suttonn, Surrey, United Kingdom
Cancer Discov 3:512-9. 2013..This driving aberration is selectively targetable in this patient population through inhibiting kinases responsible for stabilization of the protein...
- Reduced H3K27me3 and DNA hypomethylation are major drivers of gene expression in K27M mutant pediatric high-grade gliomasSebastian Bender
Division of Pediatric Neurooncology, German Cancer Research Center DKFZ, 69120 Heidelberg, Germany Department of Pediatric Oncology, Hematology, and Immunology, Heidelberg University Hospital, 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
Cancer Cell 24:660-72. 2013....
- A Cul4 E3 ubiquitin ligase regulates histone hand-off during nucleosome assemblyJunhong Han
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Cell 155:817-29. 2013....
- Molecular analysis of diffuse intrinsic brainstem gliomas in adultsGermán Reyes-Botero
Service de neurologie 2, AP HP, Groupe Hospitalier Pitie Salpetriere, Paris, France
J Neurooncol 116:405-11. 2014..These data suggest that adult DIBG differ from adult supratentorial gliomas. In particular, histone genes (H3F3A (K27M) , HIST1H3B (K27M) ) mutations are frequent in adult DIBG whereas IDH1 (R132H) mutations are rare...
- Molecular genetics of gliomasChristina L Appin
From the Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA
Cancer J 20:66-72. 2014..Other lower-grade gliomas of childhood, such as pilocytic astrocytoma and pleomorphic xanthoastrocytoma, are characterized by BRAF mutations or activating gene rearrangements involving BRAF. ..
- Exome sequencing identifies somatic gain-of-function PPM1D mutations in brainstem gliomasLiwei Zhang
1 Department of Neurosurgery, Beijing Tiantan Hospital, Capital Medical University, Beijing, China 2
Nat Genet 46:726-30. 2014..These results define PPM1D as a frequent target of somatic mutation and as a potential therapeutic target in brainstem gliomas. ..
- Increased 5-hydroxymethylcytosine and decreased 5-methylcytosine are indicators of global epigenetic dysregulation in diffuse intrinsic pontine gliomaSama Ahsan
Sidney Kimmel Comprehensive Cancer Center, Johns Hopkins Hospital, 1800 Orleans St, 21287 Baltimore, MD, USA
Acta Neuropathol Commun 2:59. 2014..An H-score was derived by multiplying intensity (0-2) by percentage of positive tumor nuclei (0-100%)...
- Genome-wide methylation profiling identifies an essential role of reactive oxygen species in pediatric glioblastoma multiforme and validates a methylome specific for H3 histone family 3A with absence of G-CIMP/isocitrate dehydrogenase 1 mutationPrerana Jha
Department of Pathology, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi, India P J, P P, VI S, VA S, M C S, C S Department of Microbiology and Cell Biology, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, India I R P P, S S, J P, S T, K S Department of Neuropathology, National Institute of Mental Health and Neuro Sciences, Bangalore, India VAI S Department of Neurosurgery, National Institute of Mental Health and Neurosciences, Bangalore, India A A Department of Neurosurgery, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi, India A S, D G
Neuro Oncol 16:1607-17. 2014..The present study aims to validate these findings in an independent cohort of pediatric GBM, compare it with adult GBM, and evaluate the involvement of important functionally altered pathways...
- Identification of stably expressed reference genes for RT-qPCR data normalization in defined localizations of cyclic bovine ovariesK Schoen
Department of Veterinary Medicine, Institute of Veterinary Anatomy, Freie Universitat Berlin, Koserstraße 20, 14195, Berlin, Germany
Anat Histol Embryol 44:200-11. 2015..profiles of twelve potential reference genes (GAPDH, ACTB, YWHAZ, HPRT1, SDHA, UBA52, POLR2C, RPS9, ACTG2, H3F3B, RPS18 and RPL19) were analysed...
- Molecular genetics of ependymomas and pediatric diffuse gliomas: a short reviewSumihito Nobusawa
Department of Human Pathology, Gunma University Graduate School of Medicine, 3 39 22, Showa machi, Maebashi, Gunma, 371 8511, Japan
Brain Tumor Pathol 31:229-33. 2014..Moreover, in diffuse intrinsic pontine gliomas (DIPG), recurrent somatic mutations of ACVR1 were found in association with HIST1H3B mutations. ..
- ATRX and IDH1-R132H immunohistochemistry with subsequent copy number analysis and IDH sequencing as a basis for an "integrated" diagnostic approach for adult astrocytoma, oligodendroglioma and glioblastomaDavid E Reuss
German Cancer Consortium DKTK, CCU Neuropathology, German Cancer Research Center DKFZ, Heidelberg, Germany
Acta Neuropathol 129:133-46. 2015....
- Altered global histone-trimethylation code and H3F3A-ATRX mutation in pediatric GBMPankaj Pathak
Department of Pathology, All India Institute of Medical Sciences AIIMS, New Delhi, India
J Neurooncol 121:489-97. 2015..Hence therapies for patients with particular combinations of histone modifications present opportunity to design innovative patient-tailored treatment protocols...
- Evaluation of housekeeping genes for normalizing real-time quantitative PCR assays in pig skeletal muscle at multiple developmental stagesYueying Wang
Key Lab of Swine Genetics and Breeding of Ministry of Agriculture, Key Lab of Agricultural Animal Genetics, Breeding and Reproduction of Ministry of Education, College of Animal Science and Technology, Huazhong Central China Agricultural University, Wuhan, Hubei, PR China
Gene 565:235-41. 2015..This result provides a strong basis for similar studies in pigs that explore the molecular mechanisms underlying skeletal muscle development...
- Glioblastoma: pathology, molecular mechanisms and markersKenneth Aldape
Princess Margaret Cancer Centre and MacFeeters Hamilton Centre for Neuro Oncology Research, 101 College St, Toronto, ON, M5G 1L7, Canada
Acta Neuropathol 129:829-48. 2015....
- Genome-wide small noncoding RNA profiling of pediatric high-grade gliomas reveals deregulation of several miRNAs, identifies downregulation of snoRNA cluster HBII-52 and delineates H3F3A and TP53 mutant-specific miRNAs and snoRNAsPrerana Jha
Department of Biochemical Engineering and Biotechnology, Indian Institute of Technology, New Delhi, India
Int J Cancer 137:2343-53. 2015..The comparison of miRNA profiles of pediatric HGGs and adult GBM reiterates the overlaps and differences as also seen with their gene expression and methylation signatures...
- Histone variant H3.3 provides the heterochromatic H3 lysine 9 tri-methylation mark at telomeresMaheshi Udugama
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Monash University, Clayton, Victoria 3800, Australia
Nucleic Acids Res 43:10227-37. 2015..3K9 at telomeres. In H3f3a(-/-) and H3f3b(-/-) mouse embryonic stem cells (ESCs), H3...
- Biomarker-based prognostic stratification of young adult glioblastomaRui qi Zhang
Department of Anatomical and Cellular Pathology, Chinese University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong, China
Oncotarget 7:5030-41. 2016..In summary, our study demonstrates the clinical values of stratifying young adult glioblastomas with BRAF, H3F3A and IDH1 mutations, which has important implications in refining prognostic classification of glioblastomas...
- Gliomatosis cerebri in children shares molecular characteristics with other pediatric gliomasAlberto Broniscer
Department of Oncology, St Jude Children s Research Hospital, 262 Danny Thomas Place, Memphis, TN, 38105, USA
Acta Neuropathol 131:299-307. 2016..Like in adults, the similarity of genetic and epigenetic characteristics with other infiltrative high-grade gliomas suggests that pediatric GC does not represent a distinct molecular entity. ..
- The H3F3 K36M mutant antibody is a sensitive and specific marker for the diagnosis of chondroblastomaM Fernanda Amary
Department of Histopathology, Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital NHS Trust, Stanmore, UK
Histopathology 69:121-7. 2016We recently reported that 95% of chondroblastomas harbour a p.K36M mutation in either H3F3A (chromosome 1) or H3F3B (chromosome 17), with the majority involving H3F3B...
- Symplastic/pseudoanaplastic giant cell tumor of the boneJudy Sarungbam
Department of Pathology, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center MSKCC, 1275 York Avenue, New York, NY, 10065, USA
Skeletal Radiol 45:929-35. 2016..Recently, somatic driver mutations of histone H3.3 exclusively in H3F3A have been described in GCTB. We report a series of 9 cases of GCTB with symplastic/pseudoanaplastic change, along with analysis of H3F3A variants...
- Pseudoprogression in children, adolescents and young adults with non-brainstem high grade glioma and diffuse intrinsic pontine gliomaFernando Carceller
Children and Young People s Unit, The Royal Marsden NHS Foundation Trust, Downs Road, Sutton, Surrey, SM2 5PT, UK
J Neurooncol 129:109-21. 2016..107-0.882; p = 0.028) in DIPG. PsP occurred in both pediatric HGG and DIPG patients at a comparable rate to adult HGG. PsP was associated with improved 1-yr PFS in HGG patients. PsP had a protective effect upon OS in DIPG patients. ..
- K27M mutation in H3F3A in ganglioglioma grade I with spontaneous malignant transformation extends the histopathological spectrum of the histone H3 oncogenic pathwayNatacha Joyon
Neuropathologie, Laboratoire Escourolle, Hôpitaux Universitaires Pitié Salpêtrière Charles Foix, AP HP, Paris, France
Neuropathol Appl Neurobiol . 2016..The most frequent genetic alterations in ganglioglioma are BRAF p.V600E mutation (40-60%), gain of chromosomes 7 (23%) and 5 (18%) (1-4). This article is protected by copyright. All rights reserved...
- In silico analysis of histone H3 gene expression during human brain developmentMegan Ren
Program in Cell and Molecular Biology, Michigan State University, MI, USA
Int J Dev Biol 60:167-73. 2016..3s for the K27-AAG codon and the functional relationship between H3.3 and PRC2, whereas overrepresentation of K27M mutations in HIST1H3B may be a product of strong relative expression of this gene in the early developing brain. ..
- ATRX immunostaining predicts IDH and H3F3A status in gliomasAzadeh Ebrahimi
Department of Neuropathology, Institute of Pathology and Neuropathology, University Hospital of Tuebingen, Eberhard Karls University of Tuebingen, Calwerstr 3, D 72076, Tuebingen, Germany
Acta Neuropathol Commun 4:60. 2016..Such classification is of great importance for further clinical decision making especially concerning the therapeutic options available for diffuse gliomas. ..
- Pediatric thalamic glioma with H3F3A K27M mutation, which was detected before and after malignant transformation: a case reportKenichi Ishibashi
Department of Neurosurgery, Osaka City General Hospital, 2 13 22 Miyakojima Hondori, Miyakojima ku, Osaka, 534 0021, Japan
Childs Nerv Syst 32:2433-2438. 2016....
- Histologic Spectrum of Giant Cell Tumor (GCT) of Bone in Patients 18 Years of Age and Below: A Study of 63 PatientsAlyaa Al-Ibraheemi
Departments of Laboratory Medicine and Pathology Radiology Biomedical Statistics and Informatics Orthopedic Surgery, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN
Am J Surg Pathol 40:1702-1712. 2016..Clinical/radiologic records were reviewed when available. Analysis for H3F3A/H3F3B mutations was performed in a subset of cases...
- Targeted detection of genetic alterations reveal the prognostic impact of H3K27M and MAPK pathway aberrations in paediatric thalamic gliomaScott Ryall
Arthur and Sonia Labatt Brain Tumour Research Centre, Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, ON, Canada
Acta Neuropathol Commun 4:93. 2016..Our data strongly supports the inclusion of targeted genetic testing in childhood thalamic tumours to most accurately stratify patients into appropriate risk groups. ..
- Study of hTERT and Histone 3 Mutations in MedulloblastomaMarta Viana-Pereira
Life and Health Sciences Research Institute ICVS, School of Health Sciences, University of Minho, Braga, Portugal
Pathobiology . 2016..On the other hand, histone 3 mutations do not seem to be present in medulloblastoma...
- H3F3 mutation status of giant cell tumors of the bone, chondroblastomas and their mimics: a combined high resolution melting and pyrosequencing approachThibault Kervarrec
Department of Pathology, University Hospital of Tours, avenue de la Republique, Chambray les Tours, France
Mod Pathol . 2017..H3F3A and H3F3B were found in 85% of giant cell tumors of the bone and 88% of chondroblastomas...
- The role of histone modifications and telomere alterations in the pathogenesis of diffuse gliomas in adults and childrenJulieann Lee
Division of Neuropathology, Department of Pathology, University of California, San Francisco, 505 Parnassus Ave, Room M 551, Box 0102, San Francisco, CA, 94143, USA
J Neurooncol . 2017..We present a review of these mutations affecting the histone code and telomere length, highlighting their importance in prognosis and as targets for novel therapeutics in the treatment of diffuse gliomas...
- Probe the function of histone lysine 36 methylation using histone H3 lysine 36 to methionine mutant transgene in mammalian cellsDong Fang
a Department of Pediatrics and Department of Genetics and Development, Institute for Cancer Genetics, Irving Cancer Research Center, Columbia University, 1130 St Nicholas Avenue, New York, NY, 10032, USA
Cell Cycle . 2017..Recent studies have identified a somatic and heterozygous mutation at the H3F3B gene in over 90% chondroblastoma cases, leading to a lysine 36 to methionine replacement (H3.3K36M)...
- Sexually dimorphic gene expression in the hypothalamus, pituitary gland, and cortexYuichiro Nishida
Functional Genomics Laboratory, Molecular Endocrinology and Oncology Research Center, Laval University Medical Center, Department of Anatomy and Physiology, Laval University, 2705 Boulevard Laurier, Quebec, Quebec, Canada G1V 4G2
Genomics 85:679-87. 2005..Thus, the current study has characterized key sexual dimorphisms in the transcriptomes of the hypothalamus, pituitary, and cortex...
- [The structure of a conserved region of porcine genome, represented in human genome by chromosome 17]D M Larkin
Genetika 40:961-7. 2004Radiation mapping of nine genes (H3F3B, HLR1, MYL4, STAT5B, THRA1, TOP2A, MCP1, NF1, and MPO) to porcine chromosome 12 was carried out...
- Localization of the human H3F3A histone gene to 1q41, outside of the normal histone gene clustersX Lin
Department of Biology, University of Houston, Texas 77204, USA
Genomics 46:526-8. 1997
- Dietary zinc modulates gene expression in murine thymus: results from a comprehensive differential display screeningJ Bernadette Moore
Nutritional Genomics Laboratory, Food Science and Human Nutrition Department and Center for Nutritional Sciences, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL 32611 0370, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 100:3883-8. 2003..Several genes involved in T cell development were identified as regulated by zinc and will be targets to evaluate the effects of zinc on immune function...
- HIV-1 Tat protein induces IL-10 production in monocytes by classical and alternative NF-kappaB pathwaysKaoutar Leghmari
Laboratoire d Immuno Virologie, EA 3038, Universite Paul Sabatier, 118, route de Narbonne, Bâtiment 4R3, F 31062 Toulouse Cedex, France
Eur J Cell Biol 87:947-62. 2008..As a whole, the study demonstrates that Tat activates at least three signaling pathways concurrently, including the classical, alternative and IKKalpha pathways, to promote production of IL-10...
- Molecular recognition of histone lysine methylation by the Polycomb group repressor dSfmbtClemens Grimm
European Molecular Biology Laboratory, Grenoble Outstation, Grenoble, France
EMBO J 28:1965-77. 2009....
- Evaluation of histone 3 lysine 27 trimethylation (H3K27me3) and enhancer of Zest 2 (EZH2) in pediatric glial and glioneuronal tumors shows decreased H3K27me3 in H3F3A K27M mutant glioblastomasSriram Venneti
Cancer Biology and Genetics Program, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY, USA
Brain Pathol 23:558-64. 2013..Our results indicate that H3F3A K27M mutant GBMs show decreased H3K27me3 that may be of both diagnostic and biological relevance. ..
- BRCA1 and p53 regulate critical prostate cancer pathwaysP De Luca
Department of Biological Chemistry, School of Sciences FCEN, University of Buenos Aires UBA, IQUIBICEN CONICET, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Prostate Cancer Prostatic Dis 16:233-8. 2013..Considering that p53 is a crucial target in cancer therapy, in this work we investigated p53 role in the regulation of transcription of GADD153...
- Recurrent somatic alterations of FGFR1 and NTRK2 in pilocytic astrocytomaDavid T W Jones
Division of Pediatric Neurooncology, German Cancer Research Center DKFZ, Heidelberg, Germany
Nat Genet 45:927-32. 2013..Our findings thus identify new potential therapeutic targets in distinct subsets of pilocytic astrocytoma and childhood glioblastoma. ..
- A lesson learned from the H3.3K27M mutation found in pediatric glioma: a new approach to the study of the function of histone modifications in vivo?Kui Ming Chan
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Epigenomic Developmental Program, Center of Individualized Medicine, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN, USA
Cell Cycle 12:2546-52. 2013....
- Distinct H3F3A and H3F3B driver mutations define chondroblastoma and giant cell tumor of boneSam Behjati
1 Cancer Genome Project, Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute, Wellcome Trust Genome Campus, Hinxton, Cambridge, UK 2 Department of Paediatrics, University of Cambridge, Cambridge, UK 3
Nat Genet 45:1479-82. 2013..In 73 of 77 cases of chondroblastoma (95%), we found p.Lys36Met alterations predominantly encoded in H3F3B, which is one of two genes for histone H3.3...
- Exomic analysis of myxoid liposarcomas, synovial sarcomas, and osteosarcomasChristine G Joseph
Ludwig Center, the Howard Hughes Medical Institutions, and the Department of Pathology, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD, 21287
Genes Chromosomes Cancer 53:15-24. 2014..These results provide intriguing nucleotide-level information on these relatively uncommon neoplasms and highlight pathways that help explain their pathogenesis...
- H3F3A K27M mutations in thalamic gliomas from young adult patientsKoki Aihara
Corresponding authors Akitake Mukasa, MD, PhD, Department of Neurosurgery, The University of Tokyo Hospital, 7 3 1 Hongo, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 8655, Japan Hiroyuki Aburatani, MD, PhD, Genome Science Division, Research Center for Advanced Science and Technology RCAST, The University of Tokyo, 4 6 1 Komaba, Meguro ku, Tokyo 153 8904, Japan
Neuro Oncol 16:140-6. 2014..Here, we sought to determine the association between H3F3A mutations and adult thalamic glioma...
- Comprehensive analysis of transcriptome variation uncovers known and novel driver events in T-cell acute lymphoblastic leukemiaZeynep Kalender Atak
Laboratory of Computational Biology, Center for Human Genetics, KU Leuven, Leuven, Belgium
PLoS Genet 9:e1003997. 2013....
- Identification of novel variant, 1484delG in the 3'UTR of H3F3B, a member of the histone 3B replacement family, in ovarian tumorsNadege Presneau
Department of Human Genetics, McGill University, Montreal, H3A 1B1, Canada
Int J Oncol 26:1621-7. 2005..RT-PCR validation of Affymetrix GeneChip expression of H3F3B, a member of the 3B histone family that maps to 17q25...
- Driver mutations in histone H3.3 and chromatin remodelling genes in paediatric glioblastomaJeremy Schwartzentruber
McGill University and Genome Quebec Innovation Centre, Montreal, Quebec H3A 1A4, Canada
Nature 482:226-31. 2012..This is, to our knowledge, the first report to highlight recurrent mutations in a regulatory histone in humans, and our data suggest that defects of the chromatin architecture underlie paediatric and young adult GBM pathogenesis...
- Somatic histone H3 alterations in pediatric diffuse intrinsic pontine gliomas and non-brainstem glioblastomasGang Wu
Department of Computational Biology, St Jude Children s Research Hospital, Memphis, Tennessee, USA
Nat Genet 44:251-3. 2012..3, or in the related HIST1H3B, encoding histone H3.1, that caused a p.Lys27Met amino acid substitution in each protein. An additional 14% of non-BS-PGs had somatic mutations in H3F3A causing a p.Gly34Arg alteration...
- U7 small nuclear ribonucleoprotein represses histone gene transcription in cell cycle-arrested cellsTakashi Ideue
Functional RNomics Team, Biomedicinal Information Research Center, National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology AIST, Koutou, Tokyo 135 0064, Japan
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 109:5693-8. 2012..elevated levels of replication-dependent H1, H2A, H2B, H3, and H4 histone mRNAs but not of replication-independent H3F3B histone mRNA...
- The good, the bad and the ugly: epigenetic mechanisms in glioblastomaHelena Caren
UCL Cancer Institute, University College London, 72 Huntley Street, London WC1E 6BT, United Kingdom
Mol Aspects Med 34:849-62. 2013..3/H3F3A. These constitute the 'good, the bad and the ugly' of epigenetic mechanisms in cancer...
- Frequent ATRX mutations and loss of expression in adult diffuse astrocytic tumors carrying IDH1/IDH2 and TP53 mutationsXiao Yang Liu
Department of Human Genetics, McGill University, Montreal, QC, Canada
Acta Neuropathol 124:615-25. 2012..Combined alteration of these genes may contribute to drive the neoplastic growth in a major subset of diffuse astrocytomas in adults...
- An essential role of variant histone H3.3 for ectomesenchyme potential of the cranial neural crestSamuel G Cox
Department of Cell and Neurobiology, Eli and Edythe Broad Center for Regenerative Medicine and Stem Cell Research, University of Southern California Keck School of Medicine, Los Angeles, California, United States of America
PLoS Genet 8:e1002938. 2012..3 in the broad potential of the ectoderm-derived CNC, including the ability to make the mesoderm-like ectomesenchymal precursors of the head skeleton...
- Hotspot mutations in H3F3A and IDH1 define distinct epigenetic and biological subgroups of glioblastomaDominik Sturm
Division of Pediatric Neurooncology, German Cancer Research Center DKFZ Heidelberg, 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
Cancer Cell 22:425-37. 2012..We also demonstrate that the two H3F3A mutations give rise to GBMs in separate anatomic compartments, with differential regulation of transcription factors OLIG1, OLIG2, and FOXG1, possibly reflecting different cellular origins...
- CLN5 and CLN8 protein association with ceramide synthase: biochemical and proteomic approachesSaria El Haddad
Department of Pediatric, American University of Beirut, Beirut, Lebanon
Electrophoresis 33:3798-809. 2012..We explore the role of the CLN5/CLN8 proteins in ceramide species specific sphingolipid de novo synthesis, and suggest that CLN5/CLN8 proteins are more closely related than previously believed...
- Mutations in SETD2 and genes affecting histone H3K36 methylation target hemispheric high-grade gliomasAdam M Fontebasso
Division of Experimental Medicine, McGill University and McGill University Health Centre, Montreal, QC, Canada
Acta Neuropathol 125:659-69. 2013..Taken together, our results suggest that mutations disrupting the histone code at H3K36, including H3.3 G34R/V, IDH1 and/or SETD2 mutations, are central to the genesis of hemispheric HGGs in older children and young adults...
- H3F3A K27M mutation in pediatric CNS tumors: a marker for diffuse high-grade astrocytomasGerrit H Gielen
Institute of Neuropathology, University of Bonn Medical Center, Sigmund Freud Strasse 25, D 53105 Bonn, Germany
Am J Clin Pathol 139:345-9. 2013..Because H3F3A K27M mutations occur exclusively in pediatric diffuse high-grade astrocytomas, analysis of codon 27 mutational status could be useful in the differential diagnosis of these neoplasms...
- Inhibition of PRC2 activity by a gain-of-function H3 mutation found in pediatric glioblastomaPeter W Lewis
Laboratory of Chromatin Biology and Epigenetics, The Rockefeller University, New York, NY 10065, USA
Science 340:857-61. 2013..We propose that K-to-M substitutions may represent a mechanism to alter epigenetic states in a variety of pathologies...
- Endogenous mammalian histone H3.3 exhibits chromatin-related functions during developmentKelly M Bush
Department of Cell Biology and Human Anatomy, University of California Davis School of Medicine, 4303 Tupper Hall, Davis, CA, 95616, USA
Epigenetics Chromatin 6:7. 2013..3 in mammalian cells and during development has been less thoroughly investigated. To address this gap, we report the production and phenotypic analysis of mice and cells with targeted disruption of the H3.3-encoding gene, H3f3b.
- Whole-genome sequencing identifies genetic alterations in pediatric low-grade gliomasJinghui Zhang
Department of Computational Biology, St Jude Children s Research Hospital, Memphis, Tennessee, USA
Nat Genet 45:602-12. 2013..Focusing on the therapeutically challenging diffuse LGGs, our study of 151 tumors has discovered genetic alterations and potential therapeutic targets across the entire range of pediatric LGGs and LGGNTs...
- Malignant astrocytomas of elderly patients lack favorable molecular markers: an analysis of the NOA-08 study collectiveBenedikt Wiestler
German Cancer Consortium, Heidelberg, Germany
Neuro Oncol 15:1017-26. 2013....
- The histone H3.3K27M mutation in pediatric glioma reprograms H3K27 methylation and gene expressionKui Ming Chan
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of California at San Francisco, San Francisco, California 94143, USA
Genes Dev 27:985-90. 2013..These results indicate that H3.3K27M mutation reprograms epigenetic landscape and gene expression, which may drive tumorigenesis...
- G34, another connection between MYCN and a pediatric tumorMiller Huang
University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, CA, USA
Cancer Discov 3:484-6. 2013..In this issue of Cancer Discovery, Bjerke and colleagues identify mutations at G34 in H3F3A that result in elevated expression of MYCN as a potential mechanism in gliomagenesis...
- A Drosophila melanogaster H3.3 cDNA encodes a histone variant identical with the vertebrate H3.3S Fretzin
Department of Biology, Washington University, St Louis, MO 63130
Gene 107:341-2. 1991..3 histone variant itself is an important structural component of chromatin, apart from the value of its replication-independent expression pattern...
- Structure and expression of histone H3.3 genes in Drosophila melanogaster and Drosophila hydeiA S Akhmanova
Department of Molecular and Developmental Genetics, Faculty of Sciences, Catholic University of Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Genome 38:586-600. 1995..However, in contrast to their vertebrate counterparts, which are highly conserved in their noncoding regions, the Drosophila genes display only limited sequence similarity in these regions...
- The human replacement histone H3.3B gene (H3F3B)W Albig
Institut fur Biochemie und Molekulare Zellbiologie, Georg August Universitat Gottingen, Germany
Genomics 30:264-72. 1995..The newly discovered human H3.3B gene (HGMW-approved symbol H3F3B) was mapped by fluorescence in situ hybridization to the telomeric region of chromosome 17 (17q25)...
- Transcriptional regulation of the human replacement histone gene H3.3BO Witt
Institut fur Biochemie und Molekulare Zellbiologie, Universitat Gottingen, Germany
FEBS Lett 408:255-60. 1997..Band shift experiments identified binding proteins as Oct-1 and factors of the CREB/ATF and AP-1 family, respectively. The unexpected transcriptional regulation of this replacement histone gene is discussed...
- The Groucho/transducin-like enhancer of split transcriptional repressors interact with the genetically defined amino-terminal silencing domain of histone H3A Palaparti
Center for Neuronal Survival, Montreal Neurological Institute, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec H3A 2B4, Canada
J Biol Chem 272:26604-10. 1997....
- HIRA, a mammalian homologue of Saccharomyces cerevisiae transcriptional co-repressors, interacts with Pax3P Magnaghi
Molecular Medicine Unit, Institute of Child Health, London, UK
Nat Genet 20:74-7. 1998..HIRA was also found to interact with core histones. Thus, altered stoichiometry of complexes containing HIRA may be important for the development of structures affected in WS and DGS...
- Tip60 acetylates six lysines of a specific class in core histones in vitroA Kimura
Department of Cellular Biology, University of Tokyo, Japan
Genes Cells 3:789-800. 1998....
- MAP kinases mediate UVB-induced phosphorylation of histone H3 at serine 28S Zhong
Hormel Institute, University of Minnesota, Austin, Minnesota 55912, USA
J Biol Chem 276:12932-7. 2001..These results suggest that UVB-induced H3 phosphorylation at serine 28 may be mediated by mitogen-activated protein kinases...
- [Use of PCR markers for mapping swine chromosome 12]D M Larkin
Institute of Cytology and Genetics, Russian Academy of Sciences, Novosibirsk, 630090 Russia
Genetika 37:358-64. 2001..subchromosomal mapping of genes TOP2A, THRA, BRCA1, GAS, HLR1, MYL4, LIS1, MCP1, ENO3, CRYB1, P4HB, STAT5B, and H3F3B to pig chromosome 12 was carried out...
- Methylation at arginine 17 of histone H3 is linked to gene activationUta Maria Bauer
Wellcome CRC Institute and Department of Pathology, University of Cambridge, Tennis Court Road, Cambridge CB2 1QR, UK
EMBO Rep 3:39-44. 2002..Together these results demonstrate that CARM1 is recruited to an active promoter and that CARM1-mediated R17 methylation on histone H3 takes place in vivo during this active state...
- Differential expression of human replacement and cell cycle dependent H3 histone genesDerk Frank
Institut fur Biochemie und Molekulare Zellbiologie, Abteilung Molekularbiologie, Universitat Gottingen, Humboldtallee 23, D 37073 Gottingen, Germany
Gene 312:135-43. 2003..3A gene expression. The possible functional relevance of the differences between the two H3.3 genes in structure and expression is discussed...
- Histone modifications defining active genes persist after transcriptional and mitotic inactivationAntigone Kouskouti
Institute of Molecular Biology and Biotechnology, Foundation for Research and Technology Hellas, Herakleion, Crete, Greece
EMBO J 24:347-57. 2005..The findings suggest that histone modifications may function as molecular memory bookmarks for previously active locations of the genome, thus contributing to the maintenance of active chromatin states through cell division...
- Human Asf1 regulates the flow of S phase histones during replicational stressAnja Groth
Institute of Cancer Biology, The Danish Cancer Society, Strandboulevarden 49, DK 2100 Copenhagen, Denmark
Mol Cell 17:301-11. 2005....
- PARP-10, a novel Myc-interacting protein with poly(ADP-ribose) polymerase activity, inhibits transformationMei Yu
Abteilung Biochemie und Molekularbiologie, Institut fur Biochemie, Klinikum der RWTH, Pauwelsstrasse 30, 52057 Aachen, Germany
Oncogene 24:1982-93. 2005..Together, our findings define a novel PARP enzyme involved in the control of cell proliferation...