Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: H19
Description: H19, imprinted maternally expressed transcript (non-protein coding)
Alias: ASM, ASM1, BWS, D11S813E, LINC00008, NCRNA00008, PRO2605, WT2
Publications102 found, 100 shown here
- IGF2/H19 hypomethylation in Silver-Russell syndrome and isolated hemihypoplasiaMichael Zeschnigk
Institut fur Humangenetik, Universitatsklinikum Essen, Essen, Germany
Eur J Hum Genet 16:328-34. 2008..In 30% of patients, the differentially methylated IGF2/H19 imprinting center region (ICR1) on chromosome 11p15 was found to be hypomethylated, as determined by Southern blot ..
- The product of the H19 gene may function as an RNAC I Brannan
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Princeton University New Jersey 08544
Mol Cell Biol 10:28-36. 1990The mouse H19 gene was identified as an abundant hepatic fetal-specific mRNA under the transcriptional control of a trans-acting locus termed raf...
- Comparative genomic sequencing identifies novel tissue-specific enhancers and sequence elements for methylation-sensitive factors implicated in Igf2/H19 imprintingK Ishihara
Division of Human Genetics, Department of Integrated Genetics, National Institute of Genetics, Graduate University for Advanced Studies, Mishima, Shizuoka 411 8540, Japan
Genome Res 10:664-71. 2000..methylated region (DMR) and endoderm-specific enhancers, located upstream and downstream of the mouse H19 gene, respectively, are known to be essential for the reciprocal imprinting of Igf2 and H19...
- Overexpression of an ectopic H19 gene enhances the tumorigenic properties of breast cancer cellsSéverine Lottin
Laboratoire de Biologie du Developpement, UPRES EA 1033, SN3, USTL, 59655 Villeneuve d Ascq cedex, France
Carcinogenesis 23:1885-95. 2002The maternally expressed H19 gene is transcribed as an untranslated RNA that serves as a riboregulator. We have previously reported that this transcript accumulates in epithelial cells in approximately 10% of breast cancers...
- Association of in vitro fertilization with Beckwith-Wiedemann syndrome and epigenetic alterations of LIT1 and H19Michael R Debaun
Division of Pediatric Hematology Oncology, Department of Pediatrics, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, USA
Am J Hum Genet 72:156-60. 2003..to our knowledge, that ART is associated with a human overgrowth syndrome-namely, Beckwith-Wiedemann syndrome (BWS). In a prospective study, the prevalence of ART was 4.6% (3 of 65), versus the background rate of 0...
- Genomic imprinting in disruptive spermatogenesisCristina Joana Marques
Department of Genetics, Faculty of Medicine, University of Porto, Porto, Portugal
Lancet 363:1700-2. 2004..However, methylation of the H19 gene did not change in any of 27 normozoospermic individuals (0%, 95% CI 0-13%), compared with methylation changes ..
- Microdeletions in the human H19 DMR result in loss of IGF2 imprinting and Beckwith-Wiedemann syndromeAngela Sparago
Dipartimento di Scienze Ambientali, Seconda Universita di Napoli, Via Vivaldi 43, 81100 Caserta, Italy
Nat Genet 36:958-60. 2004..5. Here we show that inherited microdeletions in the H19 differentially methylated region (DMR) that abolish two CTCF target sites cause this disease...
- Frequent IGF2/H19 domain epigenetic alterations and elevated IGF2 expression in epithelial ovarian cancerSusan K Murphy
Division of Gynecologic Oncology, Duke University Medical Center, Box 91012, Durham, NC 27708, USA
Mol Cancer Res 4:283-92. 2006..The purpose of this study was to determine whether IGF2 loss of imprinting (LOI), aberrant H19 expression, and/or epigenetic deregulation of the IGF2/H19 imprinted domain contributes to elevated IGF2 expression ..
- The H19 non-coding RNA is essential for human tumor growthImad J Matouk
Department of Biological Chemistry, Institute of Life Sciences, Hebrew University, Jerusalem, Israel
PLoS ONE 2:e845. 2007..Recent studies reveal that non-coding RNAs are controllers of gene expression. H19 is an imprinted gene that demonstrates maternal monoallelic expression without a protein product; although its ..
- Different mechanisms cause imprinting defects at the IGF2/H19 locus in Beckwith-Wiedemann syndrome and Wilms' tumourFlavia Cerrato
Dipartimento di Scienze Ambientali, Seconda Universita di Napoli, Via Vivaldi 43, 81100 Caserta, Italy
Hum Mol Genet 17:1427-35. 2008The parent of origin-dependent expression of the IGF2 and H19 genes is controlled by the imprinting centre 1 (IC1) consisting in a methylation-sensitive chromatin insulator...
- The H19 gene imprinting in normal pregnancy and pre-eclampsiaL Yu
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Research Institute of Surgery, Daping Hospital, Third Military Medical University, Chongqing, PR China
Placenta 30:443-7. 2009To characterize the H19 gene imprinting in the placental tissues of normal pregnancy and pre-eclampsia.
- Cohesin is required for higher-order chromatin conformation at the imprinted IGF2-H19 locusRaffaella Nativio
Department of Oncology, University of Cambridge, Cancer Research UK Cambridge Research Institute, Cambridge, United Kingdom
PLoS Genet 5:e1000739. 2009..At the imprinted IGF2-H19 locus, CTCF plays an important role in organizing allele-specific higher-order chromatin conformation and functions ..
- Analysis of the IGF2/H19 imprinting control region uncovers new genetic defects, including mutations of OCT-binding sequences, in patients with 11p15 fetal growth disordersJulie Demars
Epigenetics in Human Health and Disease, Baker IDI Heart and Diabetes Institute, Melbourne, 3004 VIC, Australia
Hum Mol Genet 19:803-14. 2010..phenotypes: an overgrowth disorder, the Beckwith-Wiedemann syndrome (maternal ICR1 gain of methylation in 10% of BWS cases) and a growth retardation disorder, the Silver-Russell syndrome (paternal ICR1 loss of methylation in 60% of ..
- Epigenetic modulation of the IGF2/H19 imprinted domain in human embryonic and extra-embryonic compartments and its possible role in fetal growth restrictionSilvia Tabano
Department of Medicine, Surgery and Dentistry, Unit of Medical Genetics, Universita degli Studi di Milano, Milano, Italy
Epigenetics 5:313-24. 2010..IGF2 and H19, belonging to the same cluster of imprinted genes and regulated by ICR1, DMR2 and H19 promoter elements, play a ..
- Association of birth weight with polymorphisms in the IGF2, H19, and IGF2R genesRonald M Adkins
Department of Pediatrics, University of Tennessee Health Science Center, Memphis, Tennessee 38103, USA
Pediatr Res 68:429-34. 2010..We tested 18 single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) in the IGF2, H19, and IGF2R genes for associations with birth weight variation in 342 mother-newborn pairs (birth weight 2.1-4...
- Disruption of genomic neighbourhood at the imprinted IGF2-H19 locus in Beckwith-Wiedemann syndrome and Silver-Russell syndromeRaffaella Nativio
Department of Oncology, Cancer Research UK Cambridge Research Institute, University of Cambridge, LiKaShing Centre, Cambridge, UK
Hum Mol Genet 20:1363-74. 2011Hyper- and hypomethylation at the IGF2-H19 imprinting control region (ICR) result in reciprocal changes in IGF2-H19 expression and the two contrasting growth disorders, Beckwith-Wiedemann syndrome (BWS) and Silver-Russell syndrome (SRS)...
- Beckwith-Wiedemann syndrome caused by maternally inherited mutation of an OCT-binding motif in the IGF2/H19-imprinting control region, ICR1Rebecca L Poole
Faculty of Medicine, University of Southampton, Southampton, UK
Eur J Hum Genet 20:240-3. 2012The imprinted expression of the IGF2 and H19 genes is controlled by the imprinting control region 1 (ICR1) located at chromosome 11p15.5...
- The imprinted H19 gene regulates human placental trophoblast cell proliferation via encoding miR-675 that targets Nodal Modulator 1 (NOMO1)Wen Long Gao
State Key Laboratory of Reproductive Biology, Institute of Zoology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing, China
RNA Biol 9:1002-10. 2012..placentas exhibited decreased mRNA expression and hypermethylation in promoter region of the paternally imprinted H19 gene compared with normal placentas...
- Long non-coding RNA H19 increases bladder cancer metastasis by associating with EZH2 and inhibiting E-cadherin expressionMing Luo
Department of Urology, The Tenth People s Hospital Affiliated to Tongji University, Shanghai 200072, China
Cancer Lett 333:213-21. 2013lncRNA H19 is essential for human tumor growth. However, little is known about whether H19 regulates bladder cancer metastasis...
- Upregulated H19 contributes to bladder cancer cell proliferation by regulating ID2 expressionMing Luo
Department of Urology, Affiliated Tenth People s Hospital, Tongji University, Shanghai, China
FEBS J 280:1709-16. 2013Long noncoding RNAs have been shown to have important regulatory roles in cancer biology, and long noncoding RNA 19 (H19) is essential for human tumor growth...
- The imprinted H19 lncRNA antagonizes let-7 microRNAsAmanda N Kallen
Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Reproductive Sciences, Yale Stem Cell Center, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06510, USA
Mol Cell 52:101-12. 2013Abundantly expressed in fetal tissues and adult muscle, the developmentally regulated H19 long noncoding RNA (lncRNA) has been implicated in human genetic disorders and cancer...
- H19 promotes pancreatic cancer metastasis by derepressing let-7's suppression on its target HMGA2-mediated EMTChenchao Ma
Department of General Surgery, The Sixth People Hospital Affiliated to Shanghai Jiaotong University, Shanghai, China
Tumour Biol 35:9163-9. 2014The long noncoding RNA (lncRNA) H19 has been recently characterized as an oncogenic lncRNA in some tumors. However, the role of H19 in pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma (PDAC) remains unclear...
- Examination of IGF2 and H19 loss of imprinting in bladder cancerHyang Min Byun
Division of Hematology, University of Southern California Norris Comprehensive Cancer Center, Los Angeles, California 90033, USA
Cancer Res 67:10753-8. 2007..We found 2/9 (22.2%) cases that displayed LOI of IGF2 and 2/16 (12.5%) that had LOI of H19, as determined by the evaluation of mRNA for biallelic expression...
- Clinically distinct epigenetic subgroups in Silver-Russell syndrome: the degree of H19 hypomethylation associates with phenotype severity and genital and skeletal anomaliesSara Bruce
Department of Biosciences and Nutrition, Karolinska Institutet, Huddinge, Sweden
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 94:579-87. 2009The H19 imprinting control region (ICR), located on chromosome 11p15.5, has been reported hypomethylated in 20-65% of Silver-Russell syndrome (SRS) patients.
- Hypomethylated and hypermethylated profiles of H19DMR are associated with the aberrant imprinting of IGF2 and H19 in human hepatocellular carcinomaJing Wu
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, School of Preclinical and Forensic Medicine, West China Medical Center, Chengdu 610041, Sichuan Province, China
Genomics 91:443-50. 2008..carcinoma (HCC) tissues and 7 normal adult liver tissues were screened for heterozygous polymorphisms in IGF2, H19, and the differentially methylated region of H19 (H19DMR) using PCR-RFLP and PCR sequencing...
- Maternally transmitted foetal H19 variants and associations with birth weightClive J Petry
Department of Paediatrics, University of Cambridge, Box 116, Addenbrooke s Hospital, Hills Road, Cambridge CB2 0QQ, UK
Hum Genet 130:663-70. 2011This study was designed to test the hypothesis that polymorphic variation in maternally transmitted foetal H19 alleles is associated with offspring size at birth and alterations in maternal glucose concentrations in pregnancy...
- Mdig de-represses H19 large intergenic non-coding RNA (lincRNA) by down-regulating H3K9me3 and heterochromatinBailing Chen
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Eugene Applebaum College of Pharmacy, Wayne State University, 259 Mack Avenue, Detroit, MI, USA
Oncotarget 4:1427-37. 2013..total histone H3 lysine 9 trimethylation (H3K9me3), a significant reduction of H3K9me3 in the promoter region of H19, the paternally imprinted but maternally expressed gene transcribing a large intergenic non-coding RNA (lincRNA), ..
- Altered DNA methylation patterns of the H19 differentially methylated region and the DAZL gene promoter are associated with defective human spermBo Li
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Tangdu Hospital, The Fourth Military Medical University, Xi an, China
PLoS ONE 8:e71215. 2013..Bisulfate-specific PCR was used to analyze DNA methylation of the H19-DMR and the DAZL promoter in these subjects...
- Long non-coding RNA H19 promotes glioma cell invasion by deriving miR-675Yan Shi
Department of Neurosurgery, The First Affiliated Hospital of Nanjing Medical University, Nanjing, China
PLoS ONE 9:e86295. 2014b>H19 RNA has been characterized as an oncogenic long non-coding RNA (lncRNA) in breast and colon cancer. However, the role and function of lncRNA H19 in glioma development remain unclear...
- Long non-coding RNA 91H contributes to the occurrence and progression of esophageal squamous cell carcinoma by inhibiting IGF2 expressionTianyi Gao
Central Laboratory, Nanjing First Hospital, Nanjing Medical University, Nanjing, Jiangsu, China
Mol Carcinog 54:359-67. 2015..91H, a novel long noncoding antisense transcripts located on the position of the H19/IGF2 locus has been suggested to play a potential tumor-suppressor role in tumor development...
- Aflatoxin B1 promotes cell growth and invasion in hepatocellular carcinoma HepG2 cells through H19 and E2F1Jun Lv
Department of Hepatobiliary Surgery, the First Affiliated Hospital of Sun Yat Sen University, Guangzhou, China E mail
Asian Pac J Cancer Prev 15:2565-70. 2014b>H19 is an imprinted oncofetal gene, and loss of imprinting at the H19 locus results in over-expression of H19 in cancers. Aflatoxin B1(AFB1) is regarded as one of the most dangerous carcinogens...
- The impact of first trimester phthalate and phenol exposure on IGF2/H19 genomic imprinting and birth outcomesJessica LaRocca
Harvard University Center for the Environment, Harvard University, Cambridge, MA 02138, USA Obstetrics and Gynecology Epidemiology Center, Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology, and Reproductive Biology, Brigham and Women s Hospital, 221 Longwood Avenue, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Environ Res 133:396-406. 2014..gene insulin-like growth-factor 2 (IGF2) is located about ~100kb from the maternally expressed non-coding gene H19 on human chromosome 11, and both genes play major roles in embryonic and placental growth...
- Dietary supplementation with polyunsaturated fatty acid during pregnancy modulates DNA methylation at IGF2/H19 imprinted genes and growth of infantsHo Sun Lee
Epigenetics Group, International Agency for Research on Cancer IARC, Lyon, France
Physiol Genomics 46:851-7. 2014..profiling of DNA methylation states at IGF2 promoter 3 (IGF2 P3), IGF2 differentially methylated region (DMR), and H19 DMR in cord blood mononuclear cells of the DHA-supplemented group (n = 131) and the control group (n = 130)...
- H19 long noncoding RNA controls the mRNA decay promoting function of KSRPMatteo Giovarelli
Gene Expression Regulation Laboratory, Istituto di Ricovero e Cura a Carattere Scientifico IRCCS Azienda Ospedaliera Universitaria San Martino IST, 16132 Genoa, Italy
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 111:E5023-8. 2014..unanticipated interaction of the RNA binding protein K homology-type splicing regulatory protein (KSRP) with the H19 lncRNA (H19)...
- The H19/let-7 double-negative feedback loop contributes to glucose metabolism in muscle cellsYuan Gao
Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Reproductive Sciences, Yale Stem Cell Center, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06510, USA Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, Chinese PLA General Hospital, Beijing 100853, P R China
Nucleic Acids Res 42:13799-811. 2014The H19 lncRNA has been implicated in development and growth control and is associated with human genetic disorders and cancer. Acting as a molecular sponge, H19 inhibits microRNA (miRNA) let-7...
- Association of polymorphisms in long non-coding RNA H19 with coronary artery disease risk in a Chinese populationWei Gao
Department of Cardiology, The First Affiliated Hospital of Nanjing Medical University, Nanjing, China Department of Geriatrics, The Second Affiliated Hospital of Nanjing Medical University, Nanjing, China
Mutat Res 772:15-22. 2015b>H19 is an imprinted gene transcribing a long non-coding RNA and is downregulated postnatally. Re-expression of H19 has been observed in patients with atherosclerosis...
- The lncRNA H19 promotes epithelial to mesenchymal transition by functioning as miRNA sponges in colorectal cancerWei Cheng Liang
School of Biomedical Sciences, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Shatin, New Territories, Hong Kong, P R China
Oncotarget 6:22513-25. 2015Recently, the long non-coding RNA (lncRNA) H19 has been identified as an oncogenic gene in multiple cancer types and elevated expression of H19 was tightly linked to tumorigenesis and cancer progression...
- Increased level of H19 long noncoding RNA promotes invasion, angiogenesis, and stemness of glioblastoma cellsXiaochun Jiang
Department of Surgery, Yijishan Hospital, Wannan Medical College, Wuhu
J Neurosurg 124:129-36. 2016OBJECT Increased levels of H19 long noncoding RNA (lncRNA) have been observed in many cancers, suggesting that overexpression of H19 may be important in the development of carcinogenesis...
- Long non-coding RNA chromogenic in situ hybridisation signal pattern correlation with breast tumour pathologyZhouwei Zhang
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of Vermont College of Medicine, Burlington, Vermont, USA Laboratory of Cancer Epigenetics, Van Andel Research Institute, NE Grand Rapids, Michigan, USA
J Clin Pathol 69:76-81. 2016..In this study, six breast cancer-implicated lncRNAs were investigated by chromogenic in situ hybridisation (CISH)...
- c-Myc-regulated long non-coding RNA H19 indicates a poor prognosis and affects cell proliferation in non-small-cell lung cancerErbao Zhang
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Nanjing Medical University, Nanjing, Jiangsu, People s Republic of China
Tumour Biol 37:4007-15. 2016..The purpose of this study was to assess the biological role of lncRNA H19 in non-small-cell lung cancer (NSCLC)...
- Long noncoding RNA H19 contributes to gallbladder cancer cell proliferation by modulated miR-194-5p targeting AKT2Shou Hua Wang
Department of General Surgery, Xinhua Hospital, Shanghai Jiao Tong University School of Medicine, Shanghai, 200000, China
Tumour Biol 37:9721-30. 2016Gallbladder cancer (GBC) is a highly malignant cancer with poor prognosis. Although long noncoding RNA (lncRNA) H19 has been reported to play vital role in many human cancers, whether it is involved in GBC proliferation is still unknown...
- Bcl2 is a critical regulator of bile acid homeostasis by dictating Shp and lncRNA H19 functionYuxia Zhang
Department of Pharmacology, Toxicology and Therapeutics, University of Kansas Medical Center, Kansas City, KS 66160
Sci Rep 6:20559. 2016..cascade consisting of the antiapoptotic protein BCL2, nuclear receptor Shp, and long non-coding RNA (lncRNA) H19 to maintain BA homeostasis...
- Genetic Polymorphisms in Long Noncoding RNA H19 Are Associated With Susceptibility to Breast Cancer in Chinese PopulationZongjiang Xia
From the Department of Surgery Medicine, Division of Thoracic Surgery, The First Affiliated Hospital, Zhengzhou University ZX Department of Epidemiology and Statistics, College of Public Health, Zhengzhou University RY, CS, PW, KW Henan Key Laboratory of Tumor Epidemiology RY, CS, PW, KW and Department of Hospital Infection Management, Affiliated Cancer Hospital of Zhengzhou University FD, Zhengzhou, China
Medicine (Baltimore) 95:e2771. 2016b>H19, a maternally expressed imprinted gene transcribing a long noncoding RNA, has previously been reported to be involved in tumorigenesis and cancer progression...
- H19 Functions as a ceRNA in Promoting Metastasis Through Decreasing miR-200s Activity in OsteosarcomaMin Li
Department of Orthopedics, Cangzhou Central Hospital, Hebei, China
DNA Cell Biol 35:235-40. 2016..b>H19 has been reported to play a potential role in osteosarcoma progression...
- The prevalence of loss of imprinting of H19 and IGF2 at birthRebecca C Rancourt
Obstetrics and Gynecology Epidemiology Center, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, 221 Longwood Ave, Boston, MA 02115, USA
FASEB J 27:3335-43. 2013..We examined the prevalence of H19 and IGF2 LOI at birth by allele-specific expression assays analysis on 114 human individuals...
- H19 inhibits RNA polymerase II-mediated transcription by disrupting the hnRNP U-actin complexHai Shan Bi
Department of Medical Genetics, Second Military Medical University, Shanghai, China
Biochim Biophys Acta 1830:4899-906. 2013b>H19 was one of the earliest identified, and is the most studied, long noncoding RNAs. It is presumed that H19 is essential for regulating development and disease conditions, and it is associated with carcinogenesis for many types...
- Circulating long non-coding RNAs in plasma of patients with gastric cancerTomohiro Arita
Division of Digestive Surgery, Department of Surgery, Kyoto Prefectural University of Medicine, 465 Kajii cho, Kamigyo ku, Kyoto 6028566, Japan
Anticancer Res 33:3185-93. 2013..We examined the levels of long non-coding RNAs (lncRNAs) in the plasma of patients with gastric cancer to assess their clinical significance for diseases diagnosing and monitoring...
- Analysis of H19 methylation in control and abnormal human embryos, sperm and oocytesSamira Ibala-Romdhane
Inserm U846, Institut Cellule Souche et Cerveau, 18 av Doyen Lépine, Bron, France
Eur J Hum Genet 19:1138-43. 2011..The matching sperm at the origin of the embryos exhibited normal methylated H19 patterns...
- Epigenetic and genetic variation at the IGF2/H19 imprinting control region on 11p15.5 is associated with cerebellum weightRuth Pidsley
Institute of Psychiatry, King s College London, London, UK
Epigenetics 7:155-63. 2012..of IGF2 is regulated by DNA methylation at three differentially methylated regions (DMRs) spanning the IGF2/H19 domain on human 11p15.5...
- IGF2/H19 hypomethylation in a patient with very low birthweight, preocious pubarche and insulin resistanceRinki Murphy
Faculty of Medical and Health Sciences, University of Auckland, Auckland, Private Bag 92019, New Zealand
BMC Med Genet 13:42. 2012....
- Methylation defect in imprinted genes detected in patients with an Albright's hereditary osteodystrophy like phenotype and platelet Gs hypofunctionBenedetta Izzi
Center for Molecular and Vascular Biology, University of Leuven, Leuven, Belgium
PLoS ONE 7:e38579. 2012..Pseudopseudohypoparathyroidism (PPHP) patients with an AHO phenotype and no hormone resistance and progressive osseous heteroplasia (POH) cases have inactivating paternally inherited GNAS mutations...
- Aberrant DNA methylation of imprinted loci in human spontaneous abortions after assisted reproduction techniques and natural conceptionHai Yan Zheng
Center for Reproductive Medicine, Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, Nanfang Hospital, Southern Medical University, Guangzhou 510515, People s Republic of China
Hum Reprod 28:265-73. 2013..Do assisted reproduction techniques (ARTs) affect DNA methylation of imprinted genes and does aberrant methylation of imprinted genes account for the incidence of human spontaneous abortion (SA)?..
- The molecular function and clinical phenotype of partial deletions of the IGF2/H19 imprinting control region depends on the spatial arrangement of the remaining CTCF-binding sitesJasmin Beygo
Institut fur Humangenetik, Universitatsklinikum Essen, Essen, Germany
Hum Mol Genet 22:544-57. 2013..5, the imprinting centre 1 (IC1) controls the parent of origin-specific expression of the IGF2 and H19 genes...
- Expression of KCNQ1OT1, CDKN1C, H19, and PLAGL1 and the methylation patterns at the KvDMR1 and H19/IGF2 imprinting control regions is conserved between human and bovineKatherine Marie Robbins
Division of Animal Sciences, University of Missouri, Columbia, MO, USA
J Biomed Sci 19:95. 2012..5, namely the KvDMR1 and H19/IGF2. A similar overgrowth phenotype is observed in bovine and ovine as a result of embryo culture...
- Quantitative allele-specific expression and DNA methylation analysis of H19, IGF2 and IGF2R in the human placenta across gestation reveals H19 imprinting plasticitySam Buckberry
The Robinson Institute, Research Centre for Reproductive Health, School of Paediatrics and Reproductive Health, The University of Adelaide, Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
PLoS ONE 7:e51210. 2012..In humans, H19 and IGF2 are imprinted, but imprinting of IGF2R remains controversial...
- Placentas from pregnancies conceived by IVF/ICSI have a reduced DNA methylation level at the H19 and MEST differentially methylated regionsEwka C M Nelissen
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, GROW School for Oncology and Developmental Biology, Maastricht University Medical Centre, Maastricht, The Netherlands
Hum Reprod 28:1117-26. 2013..Does IVF/ICSI have an effect on the epigenetic regulation of the human placenta?..
- The human ASM (adult skeletal muscle) gene: expression and chromosomal assignment to 11p15M P Leibovitch
Laboratoire de Cytogénétique et de Génétique Oncologiques, UA 1158 CNRS, Institut Gustave Roussy, Villejuif, France
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 180:1241-50. 1991..Among several positive clones the longest EcoRI-EcoRI insert (ASM1) obtained was 1875 bp long with 72% homology with rat Asm15 cDNA sequence...
- A fine-structure deletion map of human chromosome 11p: analysis of J1 series hybridsT Glaser
Center for Cancer Research, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge 02139
Somat Cell Mol Genet 15:477-501. 1989..Our findings suggest the following gene order: TEL - (HRAS1, MER2, CTSD, TH/INS/IGF2, H19, D11S32) - (RRM1, D11S1, D11S25, D11S26) - D11S12 - (HBBC, D11S30) - D11S20 - (PTH, CALC) - (LDHA, SAA, TRPH, ..
- Relaxation of imprinted genes in human cancerS Rainier
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor 48109
Nature 362:747-9. 1993..Two genes in this band, H19 and insulin-like growth factor-II (IGF2) undergo reciprocal imprinting in the mouse, with maternal expression of ..
- Sequence of a 42-kb mouse region containing the imprinted H19 locus: identification of a novel muscle-specific transcription unit showing biallelic expressionK Ishihara
Division of Disease Genes, Institute of Genetic Information, Kyushu University, 3 1 1 Maidashi, Higashi ku, Fukuoka 812 8582, Japan
Mamm Genome 9:775-7. 1998
- Epigenetic alterations of H19 and LIT1 distinguish patients with Beckwith-Wiedemann syndrome with cancer and birth defectsMichael R Debaun
Division of Pediatric Hematology Oncology, Department of Pediatrics, Washington University School of Medicine, Saint Louis, USA
Am J Hum Genet 70:604-11. 2002..The most common constitutional abnormalities in BWS are epigenetic, involving abnormal methylation of either H19 or LIT1, which encode untranslated RNAs on 11p15...
- Association of H19 promoter methylation with the expression of H19 and IGF-II genes in adrenocortical tumorsZhi He Gao
Department of Pathology, University of Helsinki, FIN 00014 Helsinki, Finland
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 87:1170-6. 2002Low H19 and abundant IGF-II expression may have a role in the development of adrenocortical carcinomas...
- Multiple nucleosome positioning sites regulate the CTCF-mediated insulator function of the H19 imprinting control regionMeena Kanduri
Department of Development and Genetics, Evolution Biology Centre, Uppsala University, S 752 36 Uppsala, Sweden
Mol Cell Biol 22:3339-44. 2002The 5' region of the H19 gene harbors a methylation-sensitive chromatin insulator within an imprinting control region (ICR)...
- Relaxation of imprinting of IGFII gene in juvenile nasopharyngeal angiofibromasCláudia M Coutinho-Camillo
Disciplina de Oncologia, Departmento de Radiologia da Faculdad de Medicina da Universidade de São Paulo
Diagn Mol Pathol 12:57-62. 2003IGFII and H19 genes are expressed only from one allele due to genomic imprinting, biallelic expression (loss of imprinting) being associated with the tumorigenic process of different types of tumors...
- Reduced expression of H19 in bone marrow cells from chronic myeloproliferative disordersOliver Bock
Leukemia 17:815-6. 2003
- Down-regulation of the IGF-2/H19 locus during normal and malignant hematopoiesis is independent of the imprinting patternMathewos Tessema
Institute of Pathology, Medizinische Hochschule Hannover, D 30625 Hannover, Germany
Int J Oncol 26:499-507. 2005b>H19 and IGF-2 are two growth regulatory genes located on chromosome 11p15 implicated in tumorigenesis. Both genes are imprinted and regulated reciprocally under many circumstances...
- Common polymorphism in H19 associated with birthweight and cord blood IGF-II levels in humansClive J Petry
Department of Paediatrics, University of Cambridge, Addenbrooke s Hospital Level 8, Box 116, Cambridge CB2 2QQ, UK
BMC Genet 6:22. 2005..We identified ten single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) in H19, and we genotyped three of these SNPs in families from the contemporary ALSPAC UK birth cohort (1,696 children, 822 ..
- Genetic imprinting during impaired spermatogenesisSonja Hartmann
Department of Urology and Pediatric Urology, Institute of Veterinary Anatomy, Histology and Embryology and Institute of Pathology, University of Giessen, Giessen Germany
Mol Hum Reprod 12:407-11. 2006..in disruptive spermatogenesis is available, we analysed the imprinting state of the paternally methylated gene H19 in various germ cell populations derived from seminiferous tubules exhibiting impaired spermatogenesis...
- Microarray detection of a de novo der(X)t(X;11)(q28;p13) in a girl with premature ovarian failure and features of Beckwith-Wiedemann syndromeJin Yeong Han
Department of Laboratory Medicine, Dong A University College of Medicine, 1, 3 Ga, Seo Gu, Busan, 602 715 Korea
J Hum Genet 51:641-3. 2006..5, which contributed to some of her features consistent with Beckwith-Wiedemann syndrome (BWS). The combined phenotype of BWS and POF suggests that the translocated portion of 11p remains active.
- [The aberrant imprinting of insulin-like growth factor II and H19 in human hepatocellular carcinoma]Jing Wu
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, West China School of Preclinical and Forensic Medicine, Sichuan University, Chengdu 610041, China
Sichuan Da Xue Xue Bao Yi Xue Ban 38:49-52. 2007To investigate the allelic expression of IGF2/H19 in human hepatocellular carcinoma and to analyze the relationship between the imprint status of IGF2 and that of H19.
- Polymorphisms in the H19 gene and the risk of bladder cancerGerald W Verhaegh
Department of Urology, Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Centre, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Eur Urol 54:1118-26. 2008b>H19 is an imprinted gene coding for an oncofetal RNA that is down-regulated postnatally. Reactivation of the H19 gene has been observed in bladder tumors, and H19 expression has been associated with early recurrence of disease...
- Genetic predisposition to idiopathic recurrent spontaneous abortion: contribution of genetic variations in IGF-2 and H19 imprinted genesSasa Ostojic
Department of Biology and Medical Genetics, School of Medicine, University of Rijeka, Brace Branchetta 20, Rijeka, Croatia
Am J Reprod Immunol 60:111-7. 2008..IGF-2 stimulates trophoblast invasion, proliferation and maturation of placenta, while H19 RNA suppresses growth...
- Loss of imprinting of IGF2 and H19, loss of heterozygosity of IGF2R and CTCF, and Helicobacter pylori infection in laryngeal squamous cell carcinomaIvana Grbesa
Laboratory of Molecular Pathology, Division of Molecular Medicine, Rudjer Boskovic Institute, Zagreb, Croatia
J Mol Med (Berl) 86:1057-66. 2008Imprinting analyses of IGF2 and H19, loss of heterozygosity (LOH) analyses of IGF2R and CTCF and Helicobacter pylori detection, were performed on 35 human laryngeal squamous cell carcinomas (LSCC)...
- Constitutional H19 hypermethylation in a patient with isolated cardiac tumorMaria Descartes
Department of Genetics, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, Alabama 35294, USA
Am J Med Genet A 146:2126-9. 2008..Molecular findings characteristic of BWS have been reported in individuals with no or few associated features. We report on a child with isolated cardiac tumor and a constitutional H19 hypermethylation with none of the features of BWS.
- CTCFL/BORIS is a methylation-independent DNA-binding protein that preferentially binds to the paternal H19 differentially methylated regionPhuongmai Nguyen
Radiation Oncology Branch, Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute, NIH, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Cancer Res 68:5546-51. 2008..the maternal or paternal human chromosome 11 showed that BORIS preferentially binds to the methylated paternal H19 differentially methylated region, suggesting a mechanism in which the affinity of CTCF for the unmethylated ..
- Breast cancer risk polymorphisms and interaction with ionizing radiation among U.S. radiologic technologistsParveen Bhatti
Radiation Epidemiology Branch, Division of Cancer Epidemiology and Genetics, National Cancer Institute, NIH, Department of Health and Human Services, Bethesda, MD 20892 7238, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 17:2007-11. 2008..found that the genotype-associated breast cancer risk varied significantly by radiation dose for rs2107425 in the H19 gene (P(interaction) = 0.001)...
- Monozygotic female twins discordant for Silver-Russell syndrome and hypomethylation of the H19-DMRKazuki Yamazawa
Department of Endocrinology and Metabolism, National Research Institute for Child Health and Development, Tokyo, 157 8535, Japan
J Hum Genet 53:950-5. 2008..by growth failure and dysmorphic features, and is frequently caused by hypomethylation of the paternally derived H19-DMR (epimutation). We observed 5 8/12-year-old female twins discordant for SRS...
- Homocysteine harasses the imprinting expression of IGF2 and H19 by demethylation of differentially methylated region between IGF2/H19 genesLijuan Li
Department of Pathophysiology, West China School of Preclinic Medical Sciences and Forensic Medicine, Sichuan University, Chengdu 610041, China
Acta Biochim Biophys Sin (Shanghai) 41:464-71. 2009..Insulinlike growth factor 2 (IGF2) and H19 are two important regulating molecules of cell proliferation...
- Aberrant epigenetic modifications in the CTCF binding domain of the IGF2/H19 gene in prostate cancer compared with benign prostate hyperplasiaAgnieszka Paradowska
Department of Urology and Pediatric Urology, Justus Liebig University, 35385 Giessen, Germany
Int J Oncol 35:87-96. 2009Expression of the imprinted genes insulin-like growth factor 2 (IGF2) and H19 depends on the methylation pattern of their common imprinting control region (ICR) located on chromosome 11p15...
- [H19 expression in placenta with pre-eclampsia]Dan Zhao
Department of Obestetrics and Gynecology, Daping Hospital, The Third Military Medical University, Chongqing 400042, China
Zhonghua Fu Chan Ke Za Zhi 44:87-90. 2009To explore the role of H19 imprinting in etiology of pre-eclampsia.
- Clone- and gene-specific aberrations of parental imprinting in human induced pluripotent stem cellsMarjorie Pick
Stem Cell Unit, Department of Genetics, The Hebrew University, Edmund Safra Campus Givat Ram, Jerusalem 91904, Israel
Stem Cells 27:2686-90. 2009..However, we found biallelic expression of the H19 gene in one iPS cell line and biallelic expression of the KCNQ10T1 gene in another iPS cell line...
- Association of breast cancer susceptibility variants with risk of pancreatic cancerFergus J Couch
Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 18:3044-8. 2009..Recently, several breast cancer susceptibility loci have been identified through genome-wide association studies. Here we evaluated possible associations between these single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNP) and pancreatic cancer risk...
- Screening of DNA methylation at the H19 promoter or the distal region of its ICR1 ensures efficient detection of chromosome 11p15 epimutations in Russell-Silver syndromeShin ichi Horike
Program in Genetics and Genome Biology, The Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Am J Med Genet A 149:2415-23. 2009..Of interest, in 3 of these 11 patients, the epigenetic alterations were limited to the H19 promoter and the distal region of its associated imprinting center, ICR1...
- [VIGILIN involves in regulation of imprinting gene IGF2 and H19 in human hepatocellular carcinoma cell]Ya jun Ge
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, West China School of Preclinical and Forensic Medicine, Sichuan University, Chengdu, China
Sichuan Da Xue Xue Bao Yi Xue Ban 40:770-4. 2009To explore possible relationship among expression of human high density lipoprotein binding protein(VIGILIN), H19 and the insulin-like growth factor 2 (IGF2) mRNA in HepG2 cell cycle and investigate the role of VIGILIN in controlling ..
- Frequent aberrant methylation of the imprinted IGF2/H19 locus and LINE1 hypomethylation in ovarian carcinomaReinhard H Dammann
Institute for Genetics, Justus Liebig University Giessen, Heinrich Buff Ring 58 62, D 35392, Giessen, Germany
Int J Oncol 36:171-9. 2010..analyzed the aberrant methylation of a differentially methylated region (DMR0) and a CTCF binding site of the IGF2-H19 locus and methylation of LINE1 and Satellite 2 in 22 primary ovarian carcinomas (OC) and controls by a quantitative ..
- Expression of the imprinted IGF2 and H19 genes in the endometrium of cases with unexplained infertilityUmit Korucuoglu
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Faculty of Medicine, Gazi University, 06500 Besevler, Ankara, Turkey
Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol 149:77-81. 2010..imprinting plays a critical role in the development of the placenta, the aim of this study was to detect whether the expression levels of the imprinted genes IGF2 and H19 in the endometrium differ between infertile and fertile women.
- Methylation analysis of 79 patients with growth restriction reveals novel patterns of methylation change at imprinted lociClaire Louise Susan Turner
Academic Unit of Genetic Medicine, School of Medicine, University of Southampton, Princess Anne Hospital, Southampton, UK
Eur J Hum Genet 18:648-55. 2010..status was analysed at target sequences within eleven imprinted loci (PLAGL1, IGF2R, PEG10, MEST1, GRB10, KCNQ1OT1, H19, IGF2P0, DLK1, PEG3, NESPAS)...
- Common genetic variants associated with breast cancer and mammographic density measures that predict diseaseFabrice Odefrey
Department of Pathology and Centre for Molecular, Environmental, Genetic, and Analytic Epidemiology, University of Melbourne, Melbourne 3053, Australia
Cancer Res 70:1449-58. 2010..05), and rs889312 (MAP3K1), rs2107425 (H19), and rs17468277 (CASP8) were marginally associated with dense area (some P(x) or P(c) <0.05)...
- Investigation of IGF2/ApaI and H19/RsaI polymorphisms in patients with cutaneous melanomaM R Soares
Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, School of Medicine of Ribeirao Preto, University of Sao Paulo, Ribeirao Preto, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Growth Horm IGF Res 20:295-7. 2010..The aim of our study was to verify if single polymorphic sites within IGF2 and H19 genes and their consequent haplotypes influence risk and/or prognosis of familial melanoma.
- FGFR2 and other loci identified in genome-wide association studies are associated with breast cancer in African-American and younger womenJill S Barnholtz-Sloan
Case Comprehensive Cancer Center, Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine, Cleveland, OH 44106 5065, USA
Carcinogenesis 31:1417-23. 2010..17-1.81]. Associations were observed for SNPs in FGFR2, LSP1, H19, TLR1/TLR6 and RELN for AA; FGFR2, TNRC9, H19 and MAP3K1 for Whites; FGFR2, TNRC9, Msc5A1 and chromosome 8q for ..
- Inter- and intra-individual variation in allele-specific DNA methylation and gene expression in children conceived using assisted reproductive technologyNahid Turan
Fels Institute for Cancer Research and Molecular Biology, Temple University School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States of America
PLoS Genet 6:e1001033. 2010..and inter-individual variation in DNA methylation at the differentially methylated regions (DMRs) of the IGF2/H19 and IGF2R loci in a population of children conceived in vitro or in vivo...
- Hypomethylation along with increased H19 expression in placentas from pregnancies complicated with fetal growth restrictionO Koukoura
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, University Hospital of Heraklion, Crete Greece
Placenta 32:51-7. 2011..The H19 gene is abundantly expressed by the human placenta and is implicated in the pathogenesis of congenital growth ..
- Detection of global DNA methylation and paternally imprinted H19 gene methylation in preeclamptic placentasWen Long Gao
State Key Laboratory of Reproductive Biology, Institute of Zoology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing, China
Hypertens Res 34:655-61. 2011..In the present study, we investigated global DNA methylation as well as DNA methylation of the paternally imprinted H19 gene in preeclamptic placentas...
- Vitrification at the germinal vesicle stage does not affect the methylation profile of H19 and KCNQ1OT1 imprinting centers in human oocytes subsequently matured in vitroMohamed Al-Khtib
INSERM, Institut Cellule Souche et Cerveau, Bron, France
Fertil Steril 95:1955-60. 2011..To evaluate the integrity of genomic imprinting in oocytes vitrified at the germinal vesicle (GV) stage and in vitro matured (IVM) after thawing...
- P21 INDUCTION BY BRCA2Fergus Couch; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- Imprinted PEG3 domain at 19q13.4 and carcinogenesisSusan Murphy; Fiscal Year: 2002..These studies will help clarify the role of the human PEG3 isoforms in the control of cellular growth, and may further contribute potential diagnostic and therapeutic targets for ovarian cancer. ..
- Analysis of Ethnic Admixture in Lung CancerJill Barnholtz Sloan; Fiscal Year: 2006..These projects will give me experience in developing methodology in statistical genetics and genetic epidemiology, while also helping me to better understand etiology of disease. ..
- Characterization of the Chromosome 17q23 AmpliconFergus Couch; Fiscal Year: 2006..Thus, the project may involve a complete transition from benchtop to bedside. Finally, the amplified and overexpressed genes may prove useful as important targets of gene, pharmacological, and immunological therapy in the future. ..
- Genomics and Epigenomics of Fetal Growth RegulationRonald M Adkins; Fiscal Year: 2010..Statistical analyses will be performed to test the three hypotheses. Note: The only change from the original abstract is a change from 1,000 to 800 mothernewborn pairs. ..
- Maternal-Fetal Conflict: The Effect of Imprinted Genes on Fetal GrowthRonald M Adkins; Fiscal Year: 2010..Dietary survey instruments during pregnancy and just afterwards will be used to determine the maternal intake of nutrients vital to DNA methylation. Statistical analyses will be performed to test the three hypotheses. ..