Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: H-Ras
Description: HRas proto-oncogene, GTPase
Alias: C-BAS/HAS, C-H-RAS, C-HA-RAS1, CTLO, H-RASIDX, HAMSV, HRAS1, RASH1, p21ras, GTPase HRas, GTP- and GDP-binding peptide B, Ha-Ras1 proto-oncoprotein, Harvey rat sarcoma viral oncogene homolog, Harvey rat sarcoma viral oncoprotein, Ras family small GTP binding protein H-Ras, c-has/bas p21 protein, c-ras-Ki-2 activated oncogene, p19 H-RasIDX protein, transformation gene: oncogene HAMSV, transforming protein p21, v-Ha-ras Harvey rat sarcoma viral oncogene homolog
Publications253 found, 100 shown here
- Recent results in animal models of pancreatic carcinoma: histogenesis of tumorsD S Longnecker
Department of Pathology, Dartmouth Medical School, Lebanon, NH 03756
Yale J Biol Med 65:457-64; discussion 465-9. 1992..Among the animal models, the carcinomas in hamster pancreas rank as most similar to human pancreatic ductal adenocarcinomas in regard to the phenotype of the tumors and the prevalence of the c-K-ras mutation...
- p110delta, a novel phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase catalytic subunit that associates with p85 and is expressed predominantly in leukocytesD Chantry
ICOS Corporation, Bothell, Washington 98021, USA
J Biol Chem 272:19236-41. 1997....
- Survival function of ERK1/2 as IL-3-activated, staurosporine-resistant Bcl2 kinasesX Deng
University of Florida Shands Cancer Center, Gainesville, FL 32610 0232, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 97:1578-83. 2000..In addition, although the mechanism of regulation of Bcl2 by phosphorylation is not yet clear, our results indicate that phosphorylation may functionally stabilize the Bcl2-Bax heterodimerization...
- A novel pathway for tumor necrosis factor-alpha and ceramide signaling involving sequential activation of tyrosine kinase, p21(ras), and phosphatidylinositol 3-kinaseA N Hanna
Signal Transduction Laboratories, and the Department of Biochemistry, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta T6G 2S2, Canada
J Biol Chem 274:12722-9. 1999..It is proposed that activation of Ras and PI 3-kinase by ceramide can contribute to signaling effects of TNFalpha that occur downstream of sphingomyelinase activation and result in increased fibroblasts proliferation...
- Role of phosphoinositide 3-OH kinase in cell transformation and control of the actin cytoskeleton by RasP Rodriguez-Viciana
Imperial Cancer Research Fund, London, United Kingdom
Cell 89:457-67. 1997..The ability of activated Ras to stimulate PI 3-kinase in addition to Raf is therefore important in Ras transformation of mammalian cells and essential in Ras-induced cytoskeletal reorganization...
- Tiam1 mediates Ras activation of Rac by a PI(3)K-independent mechanismJohn M Lambert
Department of Pharmacology, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, NC 27599, USA
Nat Cell Biol 4:621-5. 2002..Furthermore, activated Ras and Tiam1 cooperate to cause synergistic formation of Rac-GTP in a PI(3)K-independent manner. Thus, Tiam1 can function as an effector that directly mediates Ras activation of Rac...
- The CD40-induced signaling pathway in endothelial cells resulting in the overexpression of vascular endothelial growth factor involves Ras and phosphatidylinositol 3-kinaseJesse A Flaxenburg
Division of Nephrology, Children s Hospital, 300 Longwood Avenue, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Immunol 172:7503-9. 2004..We believe our findings are of importance in several chronic inflammatory diseases, including atherosclerosis and allograft rejection associated with both CD40-CD40 ligand signaling as well as VEGF expression and function...
- Identification of the guanine nucleotide dissociation stimulator for Ral as a putative effector molecule of R-ras, H-ras, K-ras, and RapM Spaargaren
Onyx Pharmaceuticals, Richmond, CA 94806
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 91:12609-13. 1994..Furthermore, we show that RalGDS-RBD and the Ras-binding domain of Raf-1 compete for binding to the Ras-like GTPases. These data indicate that RalGDS is a putative effector molecule for R-ras, H-ras, K-ras, and Rap...
- Activation of phosphoinositide 3-kinase by interaction with Ras and by point mutationP Rodriguez-Viciana
Imperial Cancer Research Fund, London
EMBO J 15:2442-51. 1996..These data show that PI 3-kinase is regulated by a number of mechanisms, and that Ras contributes to the activation of this lipid kinase synergistically with tyrosine kinases...
- Oncogenic ras provokes premature cell senescence associated with accumulation of p53 and p16INK4aM Serrano
Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory, New York 11724, USA
Cell 88:593-602. 1997..Negation of ras-induced senescence may be relevant during multistep tumorigenesis...
- The complexity of Raf-1 regulationD K Morrison
Molecular Basis of Carcinogenesis Laboratory, ABL Basic Research Program, National Cancer Institute, Frederick Cancer Research and Development Center, Frederick, MD 21702, USA
Curr Opin Cell Biol 9:174-9. 1997..The picture clearly emerging is that Raf-1 activity can be regulated by multiple mechanisms...
- P110delta, a novel phosphoinositide 3-kinase in leukocytesB Vanhaesebroeck
Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research, 91 Riding House Street, London W1P 8BT, United Kingdom
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 94:4330-5. 1997..Possible selective functions of p110delta in white blood cells are discussed...
- RasGRP, a Ras guanyl nucleotide- releasing protein with calcium- and diacylglycerol-binding motifsJ O Ebinu
Department of Biochemistry, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada T6G 2H7
Science 280:1082-6. 1998..RasGRP is expressed in the nervous system, where it may couple changes in DAG and possibly calcium concentrations to Ras activation...
- SUR-8, a conserved Ras-binding protein with leucine-rich repeats, positively regulates Ras-mediated signaling in C. elegansD S Sieburth
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Department of Molecular, Cellular and Developmental Biology, University of Colorado at Boulder, 80309 0347, USA
Cell 94:119-30. 1998..A structural and functional SUR-8 homolog in humans specifically binds K-Ras and N-Ras but not H-Ras in vitro...
- Premature senescence involving p53 and p16 is activated in response to constitutive MEK/MAPK mitogenic signalingA W Lin
Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory, Cold Spring Harbor, New York 11724, USA
Genes Dev 12:3008-19. 1998..Consequently, constitutive MAPK signaling activates p53 and p16 as tumor suppressors...
- The Ras branch of small GTPases: Ras family members don't fall far from the treeG W Reuther
Department of Pharmacology, Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of North Carolina School of Medicine, North Carolina 27599 7295, USA
Curr Opin Cell Biol 12:157-65. 2000..First, the three Ras proteins may not be functionally identical. Second, Ras function involves functional cross-talk with their close relatives...
- The leucine-rich repeat protein SUR-8 enhances MAP kinase activation and forms a complex with Ras and RafW Li
Department of Biological Chemistry, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109 USA
Genes Dev 14:895-900. 2000..Sur-8 interacts with Ras and Raf and is able to form a ternary complex with the two proteins. Thus, Sur-8 may function as a scaffold that enhances Ras-MAP kinase signal transduction by facilitating the interaction between Ras and Raf...
- Crystal structure and functional analysis of Ras binding to its effector phosphoinositide 3-kinase gammaM E Pacold
MRC Laboratory of Molecular Biology Hills Road CB2 2QH, Cambridge, United Kingdom
Cell 103:931-43. 2000..These unique Ras/PI3Kgamma interactions are likely to be shared by PI3Kalpha. The complex with Ras shows a change in the PI3K conformation that may represent an allosteric component of Ras activation...
- Polymorphisms and colorectal tumor riskR S Houlston
Section of Cancer Genetics, Institute of Cancer Research, 15 Cotswold Road, Sutton, Surrey SM2 5NG, UK
Gastroenterology 121:282-301. 2001..To assess the evidence that any of these confers a risk, a systematic review and meta-analysis of published studies was undertaken...
- The putative tumor suppressor RASSF1A homodimerizes and heterodimerizes with the Ras-GTP binding protein Nore1Sara Ortiz-Vega
Diabetes Unit and Medical Services, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts, MA 02114, USA
Oncogene 21:1381-90. 2002..The preferential ability of RASSF1A to heterodimerize with Nore and thereby associate with Ras-like GTPases may be relevant to its putative tumor suppressor function...
- A single nucleotide polymorphism in the human H-ras proto-oncogene determines the risk of urinary bladder cancerAndreas Johne
Institute of Clinical Pharmacology, University Medical Center Charite, Humboldt University of Berlin, D 10098 Berlin, Germany
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 12:68-70. 2003..60-8.51; P = 0.002). In general, 81CC occurred more frequently in advanced types of bladder cancer. We conclude that individuals harboring the homozygous 81C-genotype of the H-ras proto-oncogene are at an increased risk of bladder cancer...
- RASSF2 is a novel K-Ras-specific effector and potential tumor suppressorMichele D Vos
Department of Cell and Cancer Biology, NCI, National Institutes of Health, Rockville, Maryland 20850 3300, USA
J Biol Chem 278:28045-51. 2003..Thus, we identify RASSF2 as a new member of the RASSF1 family of Ras effectors/tumor suppressors that exhibits a specificity for interacting with K-Ras...
- Alternative splicing of the human proto-oncogene c-H-ras renders a new Ras family protein that trafficks to cytoplasm and nucleusSonia Guil
Centre d Investigació Cardiovascular Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Científicas, Barcelona, Spain
Cancer Res 63:5178-87. 2003..This observation suggests that p19 and p21 play differential and complementary roles in the cell...
- H-Ras-specific activation of Rac-MKK3/6-p38 pathway: its critical role in invasion and migration of breast epithelial cellsIlchung Shin
College of Pharmacy, Duksung Women s University, Seoul 132 714, Korea
J Biol Chem 280:14675-83. 2005....
- An acylation cycle regulates localization and activity of palmitoylated Ras isoformsOliver Rocks
Department of Structural Biology, Max Planck Institute for Molecular Physiology, Otto Hahn Strasse 11, 44227 Dortmund, Germany
Science 307:1746-52. 2005..The de/reacylation cycle also initiates Ras activation at the Golgi by transport of PM-localized Ras guanosine triphosphate. Different de/repalmitoylation kinetics account for isoform-specific activation responses to growth factors...
- Transformation by oncogenic RAS sensitizes human colon cells to TRAIL-induced apoptosis by up-regulating death receptor 4 and death receptor 5 through a MEK-dependent pathwayKonstantinos G Drosopoulos
Laboratory of Signal Mediated Gene Expression, Institute of Biological Research and Biotechnology, National Hellenic Research Foundation, Athens, Greece
J Biol Chem 280:22856-67. 2005....
- Ras-mediated loss of the pro-apoptotic response protein Par-4 is mediated by DNA hypermethylation through Raf-independent and Raf-dependent signaling cascades in epithelial cellsKevin Pruitt
Department of Pharmacology, Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, 27599 7295, USA
J Biol Chem 280:23363-70. 2005....
- DHHC9 and GCP16 constitute a human protein fatty acyltransferase with specificity for H- and N-RasJohn T Swarthout
Department of Cell Biology and Physiology, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
J Biol Chem 280:31141-8. 2005..Hence, DHHC9.GCP16 displays the properties of a functional human ortholog of the yeast Ras palmitoyltransferase...
- RIG1 inhibits the Ras/mitogen-activated protein kinase pathway by suppressing the activation of RasFu Ming Tsai
Graduate Institute of Life Sciences, National Defense Medical Center, Taipei 114, Taiwan
Cell Signal 18:349-58. 2006..This inhibition of Ras activation may be mediated through downregulation of Ras levels and alteration of Ras subcellular distribution...
- Implications of NRAS mutations in AML: a study of 2502 patientsUlrike Bacher
Munich Leukemia Laboratory, Department of Internal Medicine III, University Hospital Munich, Ludwig Maximilians University, Max Lebsche Platz 31, 81377 Munich, Germany
Blood 107:3847-53. 2006..However, there was a trend to better survival in most subgroups, especially when other molecular markers (FLT3-LM, MLL-PTD, and NPM) were taken into account...
- Influence of single nucleotide polymorphisms in H-Ras and cyclin D1 genes on oral cancer susceptibilityK M Sathyan
Division of Cancer Research, Regional Cancer Centre, Thiruvananthapuram 695011, Kerala, India
Oral Oncol 42:607-13. 2006....
- H-RAS 81 polymorphism is significantly associated with aneuploidy in follicular tumors of the thyroidP Castro
Institute of Molecular Pathology and Immunology of the University of Porto IPATIMUP, Porto, Portugal
Oncogene 25:4620-7. 2006..Our results suggest that the H-RAS 81T --> C polymorphism may induce aneuploidy through overexpression of the active p21 isoform of H-RAS...
- MIP-1alpha (CCL3) is a downstream target of FGFR3 and RAS-MAPK signaling in multiple myelomaEsther Masih-Khan
Department of Medical Oncology, Princess Margaret Hospital, University Health Network, Toronto, ON, Canada
Blood 108:3465-71. 2006..Our observation is the first to directly link an initiating IgH translocation not only to MM-cell growth and survival but also to the disease-associated bone disease...
- RIG1 suppresses Ras activation and induces cellular apoptosis at the Golgi apparatusFu Ming Tsai
Graduate Institute of Life Sciences, National Defense Medical Center, and Department of Medical Education and Research, Buddhist Tzu Chi General Hospital, 289 Jianguo Road, Xindian City, Taipei, Taiwan, ROC
Cell Signal 19:989-99. 2007..The proapoptotic activities of RIG1 are mediated through the activation of caspase-2 and -3 and are independent of its effect on RAS...
- Binding of ras to phosphoinositide 3-kinase p110alpha is required for ras-driven tumorigenesis in miceSurbhi Gupta
Signal Transduction Laboratory, Cancer Research UK London Research Institute, 44 Lincoln s Inn Fields, London WC2A 3PX, UK
Cell 129:957-68. 2007..Most importantly, they are highly resistant to endogenous Ras oncogene-induced tumorigenesis. The interaction of Ras with p110alpha is thus required in vivo for certain normal growth factor signaling and for Ras-driven tumor formation...
- Bmi-1 cooperates with H-Ras to transform human mammary epithelial cells via dysregulation of multiple growth-regulatory pathwaysSonal Datta
Division of Cancer Biology and Department of Medicine, Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University, Evanston, IL 60201, USA
Cancer Res 67:10286-95. 2007....
- A unique platform for H-Ras signaling involving clathrin-independent endocytosisNatalie Porat-Shliom
Laboratory of Cell Biology, National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Mol Biol Cell 19:765-75. 2008..Arf6 stimulation of macropinocytosis also involves passage through the distinct lipid phases, but recruitment of Akt is not observed...
- Association of K-ras mutational status and clinical outcomes in patients with metastatic colorectal cancer receiving panitumumab aloneDaniel J Freeman
Department of Oncology Research, Amgen Inc, Thousand Oaks, CA 91320, USA
Clin Colorectal Cancer 7:184-90. 2008..Identifying predictive biomarkers is important to optimally treat patients. This analysis evaluated the association of K-ras, BRAF, and PIK3CA gene mutations with tumor resistance to panitumumab alone...
- K-Ras mutations and treatment outcome in colorectal cancer patients receiving exclusive fluoropyrimidine therapyMarie Christine Etienne-Grimaldi
Oncopharmacology Department, Centre Antoine Lacassagne, Universite Rene Descartes, Paris, France
Clin Cancer Res 14:4830-5. 2008..Because combinations of anti-EGFR with 5-fluorouracil (5-FU)-based chemotherapy are promising treatments, we analyzed the effect of K-Ras mutations in patients having received exclusive 5-FU therapy...
- High-throughput sequencing screen reveals novel, transforming RAS mutations in myeloid leukemia patientsJeffrey W Tyner
Division of Hematology and Medical Oncology, Oregon Health and Science University Knight Cancer Institute, Portland, OR 97239, USA
Blood 113:1749-55. 2009....
- An oncogene-tumor suppressor cascade drives metastatic prostate cancer by coordinately activating Ras and nuclear factor-kappaBJunxia Min
Genetics Division, Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Nat Med 16:286-94. 2010..These studies define the mechanism by which two major pathways can be simultaneously activated in metastatic prostate cancer and establish EZH2 as a driver of metastasis...
- The role of K-ras gene mutation in TRAIL-induced apoptosis in pancreatic and lung cancer cell linesRavi P Sahu
Department of Biomedical Sciences and Cancer Biology Center, School of Pharmacy, Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center, Suite 1103, 1406 Coulter Drive, Amarillo, TX 79106, USA
Cancer Chemother Pharmacol 67:481-7. 2011..However, some cancers show resistance to TRAIL treatment, leaving a gap in the understanding of its exact etiology...
- BRAF and RAS oncogenes regulate Rho GTPase pathways to mediate migration and invasion properties in human colon cancer cells: a comparative studyEleni Makrodouli
Laboratory of Signal Mediated Gene Expression, Institute of Biological Research and Biotechnology, National Hellenic Research Foundation, VAS, Constantinou Ave 48, 11635, Athens, Greece
Mol Cancer 10:118. 2011..In particular, the role of RhoA (Ras homolog gene family, member A), Rac1 (Ras-related C3 botulinum toxin substrate 1) and Cdc42 (cell division cycle 42) in cancer progression induced by each of the three oncogenes is described...
- Oncogenic Ras and B-Raf proteins positively regulate death receptor 5 expression through co-activation of ERK and JNK signalingYou Take Oh
Department of Hematology and Medical Oncology, Emory University School of Medicine and Winship Cancer Institute, Atlanta, Georgia 30322, USA
J Biol Chem 287:257-67. 2012....
- Ras oncoproteins transfer from melanoma cells to T cells and modulate their effector functionsHelly Vernitsky
Department of Neurobiology, George S Wise Faculty of Life Sciences, Tel Aviv University, 69978 Tel Aviv, Israel
J Immunol 189:4361-70. 2012..In conclusion, our findings demonstrate a hitherto unknown phenomenon of intercellular transfer of Ras oncoproteins from melanoma to TILs that consequently augments their effector functions...
- Activation of the T24 bladder carcinoma transforming gene is linked to a single amino acid changeE Taparowsky
Nature 300:762-5. 1982..The functionally significant difference between the transforming and normal genes appears to be a single base mutation, which produces an amino acid change in the sequence of the proteins that the genes encode...
- Evidence for a telomere-independent "clock" limiting RAS oncogene-driven proliferation of human thyroid epithelial cellsC J Jones
Cancer Research Campaign Laboratories, Department of Pathology, University of Wales College of Medicine, Heath Park, Cardiff CF14 4XN, United Kingdom
Mol Cell Biol 20:5690-9. 2000....
- Ras uses the novel tumor suppressor RASSF1 as an effector to mediate apoptosisM D Vos
Department of Cell and Cancer Biology, NCI, National Institutes of Health, Rockville, Maryland 20850 3300, USA
J Biol Chem 275:35669-72. 2000..Thus, the RASSF1 tumor suppressor may serve as a novel Ras effector that mediates the apoptotic effects of oncogenic Ras...
- Reduction in the requirement of oncogenic Ras signaling to activation of PI3K/AKT pathway during tumor maintenanceKian Huat Lim
Department of Pharmacology and Cancer Biology, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina 27710, USA
Cancer Cell 8:381-92. 2005..Thus, as tumorigenesis progresses the addiction of cancers to their initiating oncogene is reduced to, at least in the case of Ras, the PI3K/AKT pathway...
- p19ras interacts with and activates p73 by involving the MDM2 proteinMi Hee Jeong
Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Department of Biological Science, College of Natural Sciences, Chung Ang University, Seoul 156 756, Korea
J Biol Chem 281:8707-15. 2006..Alternative splicing of the proto-oncogene H-ras pre-mRNA has led to two distinct transcripts, p19ras and p21ras. In both endogenous and overexpressed systems, we confirmed that p19ras binds to full-length p73beta in vivo and ..
- B- and C-RAF display essential differences in their binding to Ras: the isotype-specific N terminus of B-RAF facilitates Ras bindingAndreas Fischer
Institut fur Medizinische Strahlenkunde und Zellforschung, University of Wuerzburg, 97078 Wuerzburg, Germany
J Biol Chem 282:26503-16. 2007..Taken together, these data suggest that the activation of B-RAF, in contrast to C-RAF, may take place both at the plasma membrane and in the cytosolic environment...
- Mutation analysis in Costello syndrome: functional and structural characterization of the HRAS p.Lys117Arg mutationEllen Denayer
Department of Human Genetics, Catholic University of Leuven, Leuven, Belgium
Hum Mutat 29:232-9. 2008..Together, these data show that a RAS mutation that only perturbs guanine nucleotide binding has similar functional consequences as mutations that impair GTP hydrolysis and causes human disease...
- p19(ras) amplifies p73beta-induced apoptosis through mitochondrial pathwayJung Woong Kim
Department of Life Science, College of Natural Sciences, Chung Ang University, 221 Heuksuk Dong, Dongjak Ku, Seoul 156 756, Republic of Korea
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 373:146-50. 2008..These results have important implications for understanding the molecular events of p19(ras) to p73 functions in cancer cells...
- Association between H-RAS T81C genetic polymorphism and gastrointestinal cancer risk: a population based case-control study in ChinaYongjing Zhang
Department of Epidemiology and Health Statistics, Zhejiang University School of Medicine, Hangzhou 310058, Zhejiang, PR China
BMC Cancer 8:256. 2008..Therefore, we hypothesized that this polymorphisms in H-RAS could influence susceptibility to gastrointestinal cancer as well, and we conducted this study to test the hypothesis in Chinese population...
- Association of H-ras polymorphisms and susceptibility to sporadic colon cancerTina Catela Ivkovic
Rudjer Boskovic Institute, Bijenicka c 54, Zagreb, Croatia
Int J Oncol 35:1169-73. 2009..013) but not in allelic distribution. At SNP 81 T>C statistically significant difference in distribution of both genotypes (p=9.15x10(-6)) and alleles (p=2.77x10(-6)) was found. No differences were found between genders...
- G4-DNA formation in the HRAS promoter and rational design of decoy oligonucleotides for cancer therapyAlexandro Membrino
Department of Medical and Biological Science, School of Medicine, Udine, Italy
PLoS ONE 6:e24421. 2011..The G4-decoys repressed HRAS transcription and caused a strong antiproliferative effect, mediated by apoptosis, in T24 bladder cancer cells where HRAS is mutated...
- PAQR10 and PAQR11 mediate Ras signaling in the Golgi apparatusTing Jin
Key Laboratory of Nutrition and Metabolism, Shanghai Institutes for Biological Sciences, Graduate School of the Chinese Academy of Sciences, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Shanghai, China
Cell Res 22:661-76. 2012..Furthermore, differentiation of PC12 cells is significantly enhanced by overexpression of PAQR10/PAQR11. Collectively, this study uncovers a new paradigm of spatial regulation of Ras signaling in the Golgi apparatus by PAQR10 and PAQR11...
- Mutations in FGFR3 and PIK3CA, singly or combined with RAS and AKT1, are associated with AKT but not with MAPK pathway activation in urothelial bladder cancerNuria Juanpere
Department of Pathology, Hospital del Mar Parc de Salut Mar, 08003 Barcelona, Spain
Hum Pathol 43:1573-82. 2012..oncogene homolog 1 (AKT1), v-Ki-ras2 Kirsten rat sarcoma viral oncogene homolog (KRAS), v-Ha-ras Harvey rat sarcoma viral oncogene homolog (HRAS), and v-raf murine sarcoma viral oncogene homolog B1 (BRAF) in 88 urothelial cell ..
- 14-3-3 zeta negatively regulates raf-1 activity by interactions with the Raf-1 cysteine-rich domainG J Clark
Department of Pharmacology, Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27599, USA
J Biol Chem 272:20990-3. 1997..Thus, 14-3-3 interaction with the Raf-CRD may serve in negative regulation of Raf-1 function by facilitating dissociation of 14-3-3 from the NH2 terminus of Raf-1 to promote subsequent events necessary for full activation of Raf-1...
- CrkL mediates Ras-dependent activation of the Raf/ERK pathway through the guanine nucleotide exchange factor C3G in hematopoietic cells stimulated with erythropoietin or interleukin-3Y Nosaka
First Department of Internal Medicine, Tokyo Medical and Dental University, 1 5 45 Yushima, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113, Japan
J Biol Chem 274:30154-62. 1999..These data indicate that the CrkL-C3G complex plays a role in Epo- or IL-3-induced, Ras-dependent activation of the Raf/ERK pathway leading to the activation of Elk-1 and the c-fos gene transcription...
- Somatic mosaicism for an HRAS mutation causes Costello syndromeKaren W Gripp
Division of Medical Genetics, A I duPont Hospital for Children, Wilmington, Delaware 19899, USA
Am J Med Genet A 140:2163-9. 2006..This is the first reported CS patient mosaic for the common HRAS mutation, likely due to a somatic mutation occurring very early in fetal development...
- Oncogenic Ras signals through activation of both phosphoinositide 3-kinase and Rac1 to induce c-Jun NH2-terminal kinase-mediated, caspase-independent cell deathJoo Yun Byun
Laboratory of Molecular Biochemistry, Department of Chemistry, Hanyang University, Seoul 133 791, Korea
Mol Cancer Res 7:1534-42. 2009....
- Restoration of E-cadherin cell-cell junctions requires both expression of E-cadherin and suppression of ERK MAP kinase activation in Ras-transformed breast epithelial cellsQuanwen Li
Department of Pharmacology, Wayne State University, Detroit, MI 48201, USA
Neoplasia 10:1444-58. 2008....
- DNA sequence specificity of antitumor agents. Oncogenes as possible targets for cancer therapyJ A Hartley
Department of Chemistry, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Canada
Acta Oncol 27:503-10. 1988..Thus the rational design of DNA sequence specific vectors linked to DNA reactive groups, such as alkylating or cleaving agents, could enable DNA damage to be delivered selectively to predetermined critical sites on the genome...
- Ras oncogene activation in benign and malignant colorectal tumoursD A Spandidos
Institute of Biological Research and Biotechnology, National Hellenic Research Foundation, Athens, Greece
Tumori 81:7-11. 1995....
- MGSA/GRO-mediated melanocyte transformation involves induction of Ras expressionD Wang
Department of Cell Biology, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, Tennessee 37232, USA
Oncogene 19:4647-59. 2000..These data suggest that MGSA/GRO-mediated transformation requires Ras activation in melanocytes...
- Transforming genes in duck hepatic carcinoma--mht(raf) and Ha-rasH Tan
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Shanghai Cancer Institute
Sci Sin B 31:1325-32. 1988..2 and 3.2 kb EcoRI fragments) and duck Ha-ras (3.4 kb EcoRI fragments) were present in all these transformants. This is the first report on transforming genes in duck primary hepatic cancer as well as tumor-adjacent liver tissue...
- Partial functional overlap of the three ras genes in mouse embryonic developmentK Nakamura
Mouse Genome Technology Laboratory, Mitsubishi Kagaku Institute of Life Sciences, Machida, Tokyo, Japan
Oncogene 27:2961-8. 2008..5 and E15.5 was more intense in major organs, including the heart, than those of endogenous ras genes. We therefore conclude that the functions of the ras genes are partially overlapping in mouse embryonic development...
- Decreased GTPase activity of K-ras mutants deriving from human functional adrenocortical tumoursS R Lin
Department of Internal Medicine, Kaohsiung Medical College, Taiwan
Br J Cancer 82:1035-40. 2000..These results indicated that mutations at these hot spots of K-Ras gene were indeed activated K-Ras oncogene in adrenocortical tumours; however, their association with tumors needs further experiments to prove...
- [Abnormalities of the p53, N-ras, DCC and FLT-3 genes in myelodysplastic syndromes]K Nakamura
Department of 3rd Internal Medicine, Nippon Medical School, Tokyo, Japan
J Nippon Med Sch 68:143-8. 2001..Abnormalities of p53 and DCC genes were significantly associated with survival time (p< 0.02, p< 0.004, respectively)...
- High frequency of ras mutations in forestomach and lung tumors of B6C3F1 mice exposed to 1-amino-2,4-dibromoanthraquinone for 2 yearsS Hayashi
Laboratory of Experimental Pathology, National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences, Research Triangle Park, NC 27709, USA
Toxicol Pathol 29:422-9. 2001..major finding of A to T transversions or A to G transitions in forestomach and lung tumors suggests that ADBAQ or its metabolites target adenine bases in the ras proto-oncogenes and that these mutations play a dominant role in multi-organ..
- Oncogenicity of human N-ras oncogene and proto-oncogene introduced into retroviral vectorsM Souyri
Laboratoire d Immunologie et Oncologie des Maladies Rétrovirales, Hopital Cochin, INSERM U152, CNRS UA628, Paris, France
J Virol 63:3944-53. 1989..Altogether, these data demonstrated unequivocally that N-ras is potentially as oncogenic as H-ras and that such oncogenic effect could depend on the vector environment...
- The pro-apoptotic K-Ras 4A proto-oncoprotein does not affect tumorigenesis in the ApcMin/+ mouse small intestineCharles E Patek
Sir Alastair Currie Cancer Research UK Laboratories, Molecular Medicine Centre, The University of Edinburgh, Western General Hospital, Crewe Road, Edinburgh, EH4 2XU, UK
BMC Gastroenterol 8:24. 2008..By this means tumorigenesis in the small intestine was compared between ApcMin/+, K-ras+/+ and ApcMin/+, K-rastmDelta4A/tmDelta4A mice that can, and cannot, express the K-ras 4A proto-oncoprotein respectively...
- Distinct molecular alterations in complex endometrial hyperplasia (CEH) with and without immature squamous metaplasia (squamous morules)Elena F Brachtel
Department of Pathology, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, 55 Fruit Street, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Am J Surg Pathol 29:1322-9. 2005..In our series, cases of CEH-A with SM and beta-catenin alterations appeared to have a less aggressive behavior when compared with CEH-A without SM and with K-ras and PTEN mutations...
- Parental exposure to medications and hydrocarbons and ras mutations in children with acute lymphoblastic leukemia: a report from the Children's Oncology GroupXiao Ou Shu
Vanderbilt Ingram Cancer Center and Vanderbilt Center for Health Services Research, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, Tennessee, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 13:1230-5. 2004..8, 95% CI 1.0-1.3) were associated with N-ras mutations. This study suggests that parental exposure to specific chemicals may be associated with distinct ras mutations in children who develop ALL...
- Higher expression of K-ras is associated with parathyroid hormone-related protein-induced hypercalcaemia in renal cell carcinomaT Kamai
Department of Urology, Dokkyo University School of Medicine, Mibu, Tochigi, Japan
BJU Int 88:960-6. 2001..To determine whether the K-ras oncogene is associated with parathyroid hormone-related protein (PTHrP) production in renal cell carcinoma (RCC) and whether the serum value of PTHrP is related to the patients' survival...
- Assessment of somatic k-RAS mutations as a mechanism associated with resistance to EGFR-targeted agents: a systematic review and meta-analysis of studies in advanced non-small-cell lung cancer and metastatic colorectal cancerHelena Linardou
1st Department of Medical Oncology, Metropolitan Hospital, Athens, Greece
Lancet Oncol 9:962-72. 2008..The aim of this systematic review and meta-analysis was to assess if k-RAS mutations represent a candidate predictive biomarker for anti-EGFR-targeted therapeutic strategies in mCRC and NSCLC...
- The relative influence of diet and serum concentrations of organochlorine compounds on K-ras mutations in exocrine pancreatic cancerMagda Gasull
Institut Municipal d Investigacio Medica, Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain
Chemosphere 79:686-97. 2010..In exocrine pancreatic cancer (EPC) mechanistic relationships may exist among some organochlorine compounds (OCs) and mutations in the K-ras oncogene, as well as among the latter and dietary factors...
- Alteration of homeobox gene expression by N-ras transformation of PA-1 human teratocarcinoma cellsR Buettner
Department of Tumor Biology, University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston 77030
Mol Cell Biol 11:3573-83. 1991..We conclude that stimulation of a putative growth factor signal pathway, associated with ras-induced proliferation, transiently suppresses the induction of transcription factors functionally involved in cell growth and differentiation...
- Targeted disruption of the K-ras oncogene in an invasive colon cancer cell line down-regulates urokinase receptor expression and plasminogen-dependent proteolysisH Allgayer
Department of Cancer Biology, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston 77030, USA
Br J Cancer 80:1884-91. 1999..The latter cells displaying fewer urokinase receptors, degraded 80% less laminin. This is the first study to demonstrate a role for K-Ras as a regulator of the constitutive expression of the urokinase receptor...
- Mutant K-ras oncogene regulates steroidogenesis of normal human adrenocortical cells by the RAF-MEK-MAPK pathwayC H Wu
Graduate Institute of Medicine, Kaohsiung Medical University Kaohsiung, 80317, Taiwan
Br J Cancer 87:1000-5. 2002..Therefore, we believe that K-ras mutants influence regulation of steroidogenesis in adrenocortical cells through RAF-MEK-MAPK pathway...
- EGFR and K-ras mutation analysis in non-small cell lung cancer: comparison of paraffin embedded versus frozen specimensMarielle I Gallegos Ruiz
Department of Medical Oncology, VU University Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Cell Oncol 29:257-64. 2007..Furthermore, we compare the sensitivity of the analysis using genomic DNA (gDNA) versus RNA...
- Occupational exposure to dyes, metals, polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons and other agents and K-ras activation in human exocrine pancreatic cancerJuan Alguacil
Clinical and Molecular Epidemiology of Cancer Unit, Institut Municipal d Investigacio Medica IMIM, Barcelona, Spain
Int J Cancer 107:635-41. 2003..Results lend moderate support to the hypothesis of indirect relationships between occupational exposure to dyes and organic pigments and the activation of the K-ras gene in the etiopathogenesis of human exocrine pancreatic cancer...
- Co-mutation of p53, K-ras genes and accumulation of p53 protein and its correlation to clinicopathological features in rectal cancerZhi Zhong Pan
Department of Abdominal Surgery, Cancer Center, Sun Yat Sen University, Guangzhou 510060, Guangdong Province, China
World J Gastroenterol 10:3688-90. 2004....
- Analysis of N- and K-ras mutations in the distinctive tumor progression phases of melanomaA Demunter
Department of Pathology, Laboratory of Morphology and Molecular Pathology, University Hospitals, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Leuven, Belgium
J Invest Dermatol 117:1483-9. 2001....
- Activation of Raf-1 in human pancreatic adenocarcinomaD H Berger
Department of Surgery, Allegheny University of the Health Sciences, MCP Hahnemann School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19129, USA
J Surg Res 69:199-204. 1997..However, signalling downstream of Raf-1 differs in cell lines with K-ras mutations compared to those cell lines without K-ras mutations...
- Lung cancer and past occupational exposure to asbestos. Role of p53 and K-ras mutationsK Husgafvel-Pursiainen
Departments of Industrial Hygiene and Toxicology, Epidemiology and Biostatistics, and Occupational Medicine, Finnish Institute of Occupational Health, Helsinki, Finland
Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol 20:667-74. 1999..In conclusion, the results may primarily reflect the observed excess of adenocarcinoma in the asbestos- exposed patients, and hence the decrease in p53 mutations and increase in K-ras mutations...
- K-ras oncogene mutations in sporadic colorectal cancer in The Netherlands Cohort StudyMirian Brink
Nutrition and Toxicology Research Institute Maastricht NUTRIM, Department of Epidemiology, Maastricht University, PO Box 616, The Netherlands
Carcinogenesis 24:703-10. 2003....
- Activating BRAF and N-Ras mutations in sporadic primary melanomas: an inverse association with allelic loss on chromosome 9Rajiv Kumar
Division of Molecular Genetic Epidemiology, German Cancer Research Center DKFZ, Im Neuenheimer Feld 580, Heidelberg 69210, Germany
Oncogene 22:9217-24. 2003..38+/-7.24 vs 65.77+/-19.79 years; t-test, P=0.02). Our data suggest that the occurrence of BRAF/N-ras mutations compensate the requirement for the allelic loss at chromosome 9, which is one of the key events in melanoma...
- Combined Inactivation of MYC and K-Ras oncogenes reverses tumorigenesis in lung adenocarcinomas and lymphomasPhuoc T Tran
Department of Radiation Oncology, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, California, United States of America
PLoS ONE 3:e2125. 2008..However, most cancers are caused by multiple genetic events making it difficult to determine which oncogenes or combination of oncogenes will be the most effective targets for their treatment...
- Comprehensive molecular analyses of lung adenocarcinoma with regard to the epidermal growth factor receptor, K-ras, MET, and hepatocyte growth factor statusTakamitsu Onitsuka
Second Department of Surgery, School of Medicine, University of Occupational and Environmental Health, 1 1 Iseigaoka, Yahatanishi ku, Kitakyushu 807 8555, Japan
J Thorac Oncol 5:591-6. 2010..The purpose of this study was to clarify the role of the epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR), K-ras, MET, and hepatocyte growth factor (HGF) status in lung adenocarcinoma...
- ras and c-myc oncoproteins during tumor progression in the uterine cervixS A Nair
Division of Laboratory Medicine, Regional Cancer Centre, Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala State, India
Tumori 84:583-8. 1998..8856, P=0.001) and various histological stages of tumor progression in the cervical epithelium. CONCLUSIONS: These results therefore suggest that c-myc and N-ras oncoproteins are important during tumor progression in the uterine cervix...
- Analysis of K-ras oncogene mutation directly applied to atypical cell clusters on cytologic smear slides of bile and pancreatic juiceN Fukushima
Department of Diagnostic Pathology, Nippon Telegraph Corporation NTT Kanto Teishin Hospital, Tokyo, Japan
Pathol Int 48:33-40. 1998..This type of direct analysis of atypical cell clusters may be useful in the self-assessment of cytological diagnosis of bile and pancreatic juice...
- Rapid mutational analysis of N-ras proto-oncogene in hematologic malignancies: study of 77 Greek patientM Speletas
First Department of Internal Medicine, Democritus University of Thrace, Alexandroupolis, Greece
Haematologica 86:918-27. 2001..Consequently, study of the N-ras oncogene has not been convenient in every day clinical practice being restricted, as a rule, to retrospective analysis of patients...
- Risk for K-ras gene mutations in smoking-induced lung cancer is associated with cytochrome P4501A1 and glutathione S-transferase micro1 polymorphismsNaotaka Noda
Second Department of Surgery, Fukuoka University School of Medicine, Fukuoka City, Fukuoka 814 0180, Japan
Oncol Rep 12:773-9. 2004....
- Alcohol and the risk of colon and rectal cancer with mutations in the K-ras geneBrenda W C Bongaerts
Nutrition and Toxicology Research Institute Maastricht NUTRIM, Department of Epidemiology, University Maastricht, 6200 MD Maastricht, The Netherlands
Alcohol 38:147-54. 2006..In conclusion, alcohol does not seem to be involved in predisposing to CRC through mutations in the K-ras gene, and specifically beer consumption is not associated with colon and rectal tumors harboring a G-->A mutation...
- Allele-specific detection of K-ras oncogene expression in human non-small-cell lung carcinomasR J Slebos
Department of Experimental Therapy, The Netherlands Cancer Institute, Amsterdam
Int J Cancer 48:51-6. 1991..With the technique we describe here, adequate estimation of the expression of specific genes in minimal amounts of tumor cells becomes possible...
- Ribozyme-mediated inactivation of mutant K-ras oncogene in a colon cancer cell lineT Tokunaga
Department of Pathology, Tokai University School of Medicine, Bohseidai, Isehara, Kanagawa, 259 1193, Japan
Br J Cancer 83:833-9. 2000..These results suggested that the hammerhead ribozyme-mediated inactivation of the mutated K-ras mRNA induced growth suppression, apoptosis and alteration of angiogenic factor expression...
- Ras gene mutations in patients with acute myeloid leukaemia and exposure to chemical agentsEmanuela Barletta
Department of Experimental Pathology and Oncology, University of Florence, Florence, Italy
Carcinogenesis 25:749-55. 2004..5-1248.9). In conclusion, our data suggest that ras oncogene mutations might identify a group of leukaemia in people with previous X-ray/chemotherapy or with exposure to chemical agents in the work environment...
- Transcriptional networks of knockout cell lines identify functional specificities of H-Ras and N-Ras: significant involvement of N-Ras in biotic and defense responsesE Castellano
Instituto de Biologia Molecular y Celular del Cancer, Centro de Investigación del Cáncer CSIC USAL, University of Salamanca, Salamanca, Spain
Oncogene 26:917-33. 2007..Our data support the notion that different Ras isoforms play functionally distinct cellular roles and indicate that N-Ras is significantly involved in immune modulation/host defense and apoptotic responses...
- K-ras oncogene silencing strategy reduces tumor growth and enhances gemcitabine chemotherapy efficacy for pancreatic cancer treatmentSoukaina Rejiba
Institut de Recherche sur les Cancers de l Appareil Digestif IRCAD, INSERM Unit 701, Tumor Biology and Gene Therapy Department, Strasbourg 67091, France
Cancer Sci 98:1128-36. 2007..The improvement of gemcitabine-based chemotherapy suggests that this strategy might be used therapeutically against human pancreatic cancer to potentiate the effects of conventional therapy...
- Regulation of Ras activity by the p38 pathwayGuan Chen; Fiscal Year: 2010..Information obtained will directly contribute to human colon cancer prevention and treatment by demonstrating the diagnostic value of increased p38gamma expression and the therapeutic significance of p38gamma depletion. ..
- MARK REID PHILIPS; Fiscal Year: 2016..We believe that understanding the mechanism through which Icmt behaves like a tumor suppressor will not only inform drug discovery in the Ras pathway but will reveal new and important aspects of cancer biology. ..
- MARK REID PHILIPS; Fiscal Year: 2015..We propose to study the cell biology and physiology of K-Ras phosphorylation to better understand how to exploit this process to develop anti-cancer drugs. ..
- Novel CTD inhibitors with synthetic lethality to oncogenic Ras for cancer therapyBingliang Fang; Fiscal Year: 2013..The goal of this proposal is to perform pre-clinical studies on their antitumor activities in lung cancer cells in vitro and in vivo that are required for future clinical trials. ..
- Sharon L Campbell; Fiscal Year: 2016....
- FREDERICK DEECHEN TSAI; Fiscal Year: 2014..This work will also have significant implications for the design and development of drugs against cancers driven by K-Ras. ..
- Pancreatic Cancer Management by Novel Gene Therapy &Dietary AgentsPaul B Fisher; Fiscal Year: 2012....
- EXPRESSION OF THE HUMAN C-K-RAS GENEManuel Perucho; Fiscal Year: 1993....
- CPG METHYLATION AND MUTATIONGerd P Pfeifer; Fiscal Year: 2013..In parallel, we will study molecular pathways involving the Polycomb repression complex that might operate during tumor progression to promote hypermethylation of CpG islands in malignant tissue. ..
- Jeffrey S Souris; Fiscal Year: 2016....
- Rutao Cui; Fiscal Year: 2014..Expanding our knowledge of DNA repair in different skin types provides a rich ground for melanoma prevention and for the development of targeted small-molecule therapeutics. ..
- Channing J Der; Fiscal Year: 2016..Therefore, we believe that our studies to better understand how this pathway, the RalGEF-Ral pathway, promotes Ras- driven cancer growth will lead to our identification of novel drugs for the effective treatment of pancreatic cancer. ..
- Direct inhibition of mutant K-Ras for the treatment of cancerMatt Patricelli; Fiscal Year: 2013..If our approach is successful, our Phase II studies will more fully examine the safety, efficacy, and PK/biodistribution of a lead formulation for advancement to an IND application. ..
- Jeffrey W Smith; Fiscal Year: 2016..abstract_text> ..
- Integrative genomic characterization of lung cancer metastasis in mouse and humanTyler E Jacks; Fiscal Year: 2013..abstract_text> ..
- Genetic and genomic analysis of Ras signaling in colorectal cancer progressionKEVIN MICHAEL HAIGIS; Fiscal Year: 2010..Through my functional studies of the K-RAS oncogene, I aim to identify molecular targets for novel therapeutics that will eradicate colon cancer. ..
- Role of Mitotic Checkpoint Defects in Mouse Tumor ModelsROBERT I BENEZRA; Fiscal Year: 2010..How chromosome instability contributes to the initiation and progression of disease will be explored. These experiments should allow us to shed further light on the role of mitotic checkpoint abnormalities in human disease. ..
- SPECIFIC INHIBITION OF K-RAS EXPRESSION IN LUNG CANCERCHARLES MAYFIELD; Fiscal Year: 1999..These studies will provide critical information on the potential for antigene therapy in humans. ..
- DNA Damage and Tobacco-Induced Lung CancerERIC MOON SHONG TANG; Fiscal Year: 2009..Results from these studies will enhance our understanding of lung cancer susceptibility and DNA damage-induced carcinogenesis in humans, and enable us to develop biomarkers. ..
- MOLECULAR GENETICS OF MOUSE LUNG TUMORSMing You; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- MECHANISM OF MOUSE LUNG CARCINOGENESISMing You; Fiscal Year: 2006..Thus, this proposal offers a unique opportunity to characterize the tumor suppressor role of the wild type K-ras gene in carcinogenesis. ..
- Oncolytic Viral Delivery of Oncogene siRNAAlex Tong; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Christopher M Counter; Fiscal Year: 2016..Conversely, we now find that genetic ablation of wild-type Hras1 in mice promotes early oncogenic KRas-driven tumorigenesis...
- Amnon Sharir; Fiscal Year: 2015....
- ALBERT SIDNEY BALDWIN; Fiscal Year: 2014..The proposed experiments have the potential to identify new targetable signaling pathways for treatment of Ras-expressing tumors, including those of the lung. ..
- Compartment Specific Signaling of RasMARK REID PHILIPS; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Preeti Tandon; Fiscal Year: 2014..The overall goal of this research is to delineate the functions of Ras proteins in NF1 pathogenesis and to identify novel therapeutic strategies based on inhibition of specific Ras proteins. ..
- COLONIC EPITHELIAL CELL PLASMA MEMBRANESThomas Brasitus; Fiscal Year: 1999..Cellular ras proto-oncogenes encode a family of related, yet distinct, 21 kDA proteins referred to as p21ras, that possess guanine nucleotide binding capacity and GTPase activity and play important roles in membrane ..
- Ras signaling in leukemogenesisRuibao Ren; Fiscal Year: 2010..The ultimate goal of these studies is to identify critical molecular events in Ras leukemogenesis, allowing therapeutic interventions of leukemias involving Ras. ..
- ONCOGENE SPECIFICITY IN ORGAN-DEFINED CANCERSMichael Gould; Fiscal Year: 2001....
- NORALANE MOREY LINDOR; Fiscal Year: 2016..Aim 4: Continue to expand the use of the CCFRC and its resources through active collaborations with the larger scientific community. ..
- STAT1 Activation and HPP1 Tumor SuppressionDavid Shibata; Fiscal Year: 2013..2) To determine if the EGF-like domain of HPP1 activates erbB family receptors and subsequently, STAT1. 3) To determine whether K-ras- associated downregulation of HPP1 is mediated by c-myc. ..
- A Small Molecule to Activate Cetuximab to Kill K-RAS Mutant Colorectal TumorsBarry Jones; Fiscal Year: 2013..If the STTR Phase I study is successful, IND-enabling studies and the initiation of a phase 1 clinical trial of ARI-4175 will be proposed for STTR Phase II. ..
- Regulation and Role of Ornithine Decarboxylase in Cell Proliferation and CancerJohn L Cleveland; Fiscal Year: 2013..abstract_text> ..
- Mechanisms of RelA Activation in CancerPaul J Chiao; Fiscal Year: 2013..Most importantly, this study may discover novel molecular targets for improving the treatment for pancreatic cancer. ..
- Mitch A Phelps; Fiscal Year: 2014..Resulting data will be valuable for guiding further structural or formulation modifications to further enhance their activities and ultimately move them into clinical evaluation in patients with pancreatic cancer. ..
- Peter Storz; Fiscal Year: 2014..Overall our results will provide the basis for the development of novel and more potent therapeutic strategies for pancreatic cancer patients. ..
- Early Detection of Pancreatic Cancer Using Ice COLD-PCRGrant Wu; Fiscal Year: 2012..We aim to develop a highly sensitive genetic test that can detect pancreatic cancer biomarkers in blood or urine, enabling much earlier diagnosis and more effective treatment. ..
- Mouad Edderkaoui; Fiscal Year: 2015..4. Determine the effect of NADPH oxidase and Akt inhibitions on preventing the effects of alcoholic chronic pancreatitis and tobacco. ..
- Inflammation in Oncogenic K-ras-induced Lung TumorigenesisJonathan M Kurie; Fiscal Year: 2012..We hope to better understand the mechanisms by which tumor/stromal cell interactions promote lung tumorigenesis and to build a rationale to test CXCR2 as a target for lung cancer prevention and therapy. ..
- Jonathan M Kurie; Fiscal Year: 2015....
- Targeting Fra-1 in Toxicant-Induced Lung Tumor Initiation &DevelopmentSekhar P Reddy; Fiscal Year: 2012....
- BRIAN JOSEPH QUATTROCHI; Fiscal Year: 2015....
- Targeting Neuropilin 2 with Semaphorin 3F during Pancreatic Carcinoma ProgressionDiane Renee Bielenberg; Fiscal Year: 2012..In addition, we will test SEMA3F retroviral infection to obliterate pancreatic cancer metastasis in the liver. Overall, our plans are to investigate a novel approach and a new target in pancreatic cancer. ..
- Nicole R Murray; Fiscal Year: 2015....
- JOSEPH KISSIL; Fiscal Year: 2016..Given the prevalence of Ras mutations in human cancer these finds could potentially have an impact on a broad spectrum of cancers. ..
- Mechanisms of Tumorigenesis in Pancreatic Epithelial CellsPaul Chiao; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- Role of atypical PKCs in Pancreatic Tumor Growth and MetastasisNicole R Murray; Fiscal Year: 2010..We will also evaluate the role of aPKCs in oncogenic signaling with an eye toward rational design of combination therapy studies for treatment of pancreatic cancer. ..
- Origin of Pancreatic Ductal AdenocarcinomaJANEL LYNN KOPP; Fiscal Year: 2010..Identification of the cellular origin of PDAC is imperative for the development of effective therapies against resistant cell populations in this highly lethal cancer. ..
- Jonathan M Kurie; Fiscal Year: 2016..abstract_text> ..
- Mechanisms of Lung CancerKATHRYN VICTORIA TORMOS; Fiscal Year: 2010..Do not use suffixes such as 2a, 2b. Kirschstein-NRSA Individual Fellowship Application NAME OF APPLICANT (Last, first, middle initial) Tormos, Kathryn V. (To be completed by applicant - follow PHS 416-1 instructions) 18. ..
- Simultaneous attack of epithelial and stromal compartments in pancreatic cancerPhilip A Beachy; Fiscal Year: 2013..In addition, this work may serve as a paradigm for treatment of malignant disease arising in other endodermal organs. ..
- Tikvah K Hayes; Fiscal Year: 2016....
- Effects of Stochastic Gene Alterations on Intestinal Tumorigenesis in the MouseROBERT MICHAEL LISKAY; Fiscal Year: 2013..This information should aid in better diagnoses and treatments of this deadly disease. ..
- Targeting CDK5 in Pancreatic Cancer: Mechanistic and Preclinical DevelopmentBarry D Nelkin; Fiscal Year: 2012..In the current project, we will develop CDK5 as a potential therapeutic target for the control of pancreatic cancer. ..
- The Role of AGR2 in a Murine Model of Pancreatic AdenocarcinomaAnson W Lowe; Fiscal Year: 2012..In addition, we also provide data supporting our ability to produce the genetically defined mouse models as previously described. ..
- Novel Methods for Molecular Analysis of Colorectal PolypsJames Han; Fiscal Year: 2006..This will aid in determining the future risk of patients to develop CRC and the need for follow-up surveillance thereby conserving limited resources for colonoscopy screening. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Repair of Clustered DNA DamagesYoke W Kow; Fiscal Year: 2010..In addition, it will provide significant insight as to the potential mechanism involved in melanoma progression. ..
- Targeting KSR to Treat Pancreatic CancerRichard N Kolesnick; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Qing Lin; Fiscal Year: 2016..We will examine the effect of chemical phosphorylation on the engineered STAT-1 dimerization, nuclear transport, and transcriptional activation in living cells. ..
- Functioning of K-ras in lung type II epithelial cellsGayatri Ramakrishna; Fiscal Year: 2006....
- David J Feith; Fiscal Year: 2015..The successful completion of these studies will lead to a more complete understanding of polyamine function in epithelial carcinogenesis and will enhance future development of polyamine-targeted therapies to prevent and treat cancer. ..
- Targeted nanoparticle gene therapy for lung cancerMasaaki Tamura; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Listeria Immunotherapy for Pancreatic and Ovarian CancerThomas Dubensky; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- REGULATION OF APOPTOSIS BY CELLULAR RAS ISOFORMSAlan Wolfman; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..