Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: GSTP1
Description: glutathione S-transferase pi 1
Alias: DFN7, FAEES3, GST3, GSTP, HEL-S-22, glutathione S-transferase P, GST class-pi, GSTP1-1, deafness, X-linked 7, epididymis secretory protein Li 22, fatty acid ethyl ester synthase III
Publications343 found, 100 shown here
- GSTM1, GSTT1, and GSTP1 polymorphism and lung cancer risk in relation to tobacco smokingJoachim Schneider
Priv Doz Dr med Joachim Schneider, Institut und Poliklinik für Arbeits und Sozialmedizin, der Justus Liebig Universität, Aulweg 129 III, D 35385 Giessen, Germany
Cancer Lett 208:65-74. 2004The impact of genetic polymorphisms in GSTM1, GSTP1 or GSTT1 on susceptibility to lung cancer has received particular interest since these enzymes play a central role in detoxification of major classes of tobacco carcinogens...
- Polymorphisms of GSTT1 and related genes in head and neck cancer riskAdam J Evans
Division of Hematology and Medical Oncology, Oregon Health and Science University, Mail Code L586, Portland, Oregon 97201, USA
Head Neck 26:63-70. 2004..We sought to determine whether GSTT1 genotype and genotypes of several related genes are associated with risk of squamous cell carcinoma of the head and neck (HNSCC)...
- Polymorphisms in genes involved in xenobiotic metabolism and lung cancer risk under the age of 60 years. A pooled study of lung cancer patients in Denmark and NorwayHalla Skuladottir
Institute of Cancer Epidemiology, Danish Cancer Society, Strandboulevarden 49, 2100 Copenhagen, Denmark
Lung Cancer 48:187-99. 2005..demographic and lifestyle characteristics, and polymorphisms in following genotypes were determined GSTM1, GSTM3, GSTP1, GSTT1, GPX1, MPO, NQO1 and NAT2...
- Glutathione S-transferase M1, T1, and P1 polymorphisms and ovarian cancer risk: a meta-analysisKonstantinos P Economopoulos
School of Medicine, National University of Athens, Athens, Greece
Int J Gynecol Cancer 20:732-7. 2010..studies have examined whether GST polymorphisms (GSTM1 null/present genotype, GSTT1 null/present genotype, and GSTP1 Ile105Val) represent risk factors for ovarian cancer, as they all may denote reduced enzyme activity...
- Potential risk modifications of GSTT1, GSTM1 and GSTP1 (glutathione-S-transferases) variants and their association to CAD in patients with type-2 diabetesTharmarajan Ramprasath
Department of Biochemistry, School of Biological Sciences, Madurai Kamaraj University, Madurai, India
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 407:49-53. 2011..Glutathione S-transferases (GSTM1, GSTT1 and GSTP1) are known for their broad range of detoxification and in the metabolism of xenobiotics...
- Combined effects of isothiocyanate intake, glutathione S-transferase polymorphisms and risk habits for age of oral squamous cell carcinoma developmentLee Peng Karen-Ng
Oral Cancer Research and Coordinating Centre OCRCC, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Asian Pac J Cancer Prev 12:1161-6. 2011..Peripheral blood lymphocytes were obtained for genotyping of GSTM1, GSTT1 and GSTP1 using PCR multiplex and PCR-RFLP...
- Microsomal epoxide hydrolase and glutathione S-transferase polymorphisms in relation to laryngeal carcinoma riskJordi To-Figueras
Toxicology Unit, ORL Unit, Hospital Clinic, IDIBAPS, Ciutat Sanitaria de Bellvitge, Departament de Salut Publica, University of Barcelona, Villarroel 170, 08036 Barcelona, Spain
Cancer Lett 187:95-101. 2002..gene (EPHX1, 113Tyr-->113His, 139His-->139Arg) and four glutathione S-transferase genes (GSTM1, GSTM3, GSTP1, GSTT1) were genotyped in a group of patients with larynx cancer (N=204) and in a group of healthy controls (N=203)..
- A population-based association study of SNPs of GSTP1, MnSOD, GPX2 and Barrett's esophagus and esophageal adenocarcinomaSeamus J Murphy
Department of Medical Genetics, Queen s University Belfast, Royal Group of Hospitals, Grosvenor Road, Belfast, Ireland
Carcinogenesis 28:1323-8. 2007..Several SNPs spanning the genes for glutathione S-transferase P1 (GSTP1), manganese superoxide dismutase (MnSOD) and glutathione peroxidase 2 (GPX2) were genotyped using multiplex ..
- A comprehensive analysis of phase I and phase II metabolism gene polymorphisms and risk of non-small cell lung cancer in smokersShanbeh Zienolddiny
Section of Toxicology, Department of Biological and Chemical Work Environment, National Institute of Occupational Health N 0033, Oslo, Norway
Carcinogenesis 29:1164-9. 2008..significant associations with multiple SNPs in the phase II genes ALDH2, COMT, EPHX1, SOD2, NAT1, NAT2, GSTM3, GSTP1, GSTT2 and MPO were also found...
- Glutathione S-transferase P1-1 (GSTP1-1) inhibits c-Jun N-terminal kinase (JNK1) signaling through interaction with the C terminusT Wang
Department of Pharmacology, Fox Chase Cancer Center, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19111, USA
J Biol Chem 276:20999-1003. 2001..pathways are regulated endogenously in part by protein-protein interactions with glutathione S-transferase P1-1 (GSTP1-1) ()...
- Identification of three classes of cytosolic glutathione transferase common to several mammalian species: correlation between structural data and enzymatic propertiesB Mannervik
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 82:7202-6. 1985..It is suggested that the similarities of the isoenzymes in a class reflect evolutionary relationships and that the classification applies generally...
- Relationship between glutathione S-transferase M1, P1 and T1 polymorphisms and early onset prostate cancerZ Kote-Jarai
Section of Cancer Genetics, The Institute of Cancer Research and Royal Marsden NHS Trust, Sutton, Surrey, UK
Pharmacogenetics 11:325-30. 2001..The GSTP1 gene has a polymorphism at codon 105 resulting in an Ile to Val substitution which consequently alters the ..
- Meta- and pooled analyses of GSTM1, GSTT1, GSTP1, and CYP1A1 genotypes and risk of head and neck cancerMia Hashibe
International Agency for Research on Cancer, Lyon, France
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 12:1509-17. 2003Sequence variation in the GSTM1, GSTT1, GSTP1, and CYP1A1 genes may potentially alter susceptibility to head and neck cancers, although evidence from previous studies has not been consistent...
- Association of GSTP1 Ile105Val polymorphism and risk of head and neck cancers: a meta-analysis of 28 case-control studiesJuntian Lang
Department of Otorhinolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Shanghai Changzheng Hospital, Second Military Medical University, Shanghai, China
PLoS ONE 7:e48132. 2012The Glutathione S-transferase P1 (GSTP1) polymorphism have been considered a risk modifier for developing head and neck cancer (HNC) in many studies; however, the results of such studies are inconsistent...
- Polymorphisms of the glutathione S-transferase P1 gene and head and neck cancer susceptibilityMichael B Oude Ophuis
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery, University Hospital Maastricht, PO Box 5800, 6202 AZ Maastricht, The Netherlands
Head Neck 25:37-43. 2003..Genetic polymorphisms in glutathione S-transferases (GSTs) often result in altered detoxification, which may contribute to individual susceptibility to HNSCC...
- [Polymorphism of glutathione-S-transferase M1 and P1 genes in patients with cystic fibrosis and chronic respiratory tract diseases]G F Korytina
Institute of Biochemistry and Genetics, Ufa Research Center, Russian Academy of Sciences, Ufa, 45054 Russia
Genetika 40:401-8. 2004Polymorphism of GSTM1 and GSTP1 genes was studied in patients with cystic fibrosis (CF) and chronic bronchopulmonary diseases (CBPD) living in Bashkortostan...
- Lung cancer susceptibility and polymorphisms of glutathione-S-transferase genes in Hong KongMoira Chan-Yeung
Department of Medicine, Queen Mary Hospital, The University of Hong Kong, SAR, PR China
Lung Cancer 45:155-60. 2004To study the potential role of genetic polymorphisms of glutathione-S-transferases GSTM1, GSTT1 and GSTP1 in susceptibility to lung cancer in Hong Kong Chinese.
- [Studies of the genes related to lung cancer susceptibility in Nanjing Han population, China]Ge Yu Liang
School of Public Health, Southeast University, Nanjing 210009, China
Yi Chuan 26:584-8. 2004..The polymorphisms of CYP1A1, CYP2E1, GSTM1, GSTT1, GSTP1, mEH and NQO1 genes were analyzed by PCRjRFLP assay...
- Polymorphisms in glutathione-related genes affect methylmercury retentionHipolito M Custodio
Department of Occupational and Environmental Medicine, Lund University Hospital, Lund, Sweden
Arch Environ Health 59:588-95. 2004..concentration (EryHg), plasma polyunsaturated fatty acids (PPUFA), and genotype for GCLC, GCLM, GSTA1, GSTM1, GSTP1, and GSTT1 were determined in 365 individuals...
- Glutathione S-transferase polymorphisms and oral cancer: a case-control study in Rio de Janeiro, BrazilAna Hatagima
Departamento de Genetica, Laboratório de Genética Humana IOC FIOCRUZ, Pavilhão Leônidas Deane 6 Andar Sala 611, Avenida Brasil, 4365 Manguinhos, Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro 21045 900, Brazil
Oral Oncol 44:200-7. 2008This study evaluates the influence of genetic polymorphisms at GSTM1, GSTT1 and GSTP1 gene loci on oral cancer susceptibility among Brazilians from Rio de Janeiro...
- Polymorphisms in glutathione S-transferase genes increase risk of prostate cancer biochemical recurrence differentially by ethnicity and disease severityNora L Nock
Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, OH, USA
Cancer Causes Control 20:1915-26. 2009....
- Glutathione S-transferase P1 and alpha gene variants; role in susceptibility and tumor size development of oral cancerMu Kuan Chen
Department of Otorhinolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Changhua Christian Hospital, Changhua, Taiwan
Head Neck 32:1079-87. 2010..The aim of this study was to estimate the relationship of glutathione S-transferases (GST)P1, GSTA1, GSTM1, and GSTT1 gene polymorphisms to oral cancer risk...
- No association between the I105V polymorphism of the glutathione S-transferase P1 gene (GSTP1) and prostate cancer risk: a prospective studyT F Shepard
The Lank Center for Genitourinary Oncology, Department of Adult Oncology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 9:1267-8. 2000
- Polymorphisms of GSTP1 and related genes and prostate cancer riskT M Beer
Division of Hematology and Medical Oncology, Oregon Health Sciences University, Oregon, USA
Prostate Cancer Prostatic Dis 5:22-7. 2002Glutathione S-transferase P1 (GSTP1) is markedly downregulated in prostate cancer and prostatic intraepithelial neoplasia compared to normal prostate tissue...
- Associations of tumor necrosis factor G-308A with childhood asthma and wheezingYu Fen Li
Department of Preventive Medicine, USC Keck School of Medicine, 1540 Alcazar Street, CHP 236, Los Angeles, CA 90033, USA
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 173:970-6. 2006..produces oxidative stress, increased airway TNF, and inflammation, the associations of the -308 TNF polymorphism with asthma may vary by ozone exposure and variants of oxidant defense genes glutathione-S-transferase (GST) M1 and GSTP1.
- Cruciferous vegetables, the GSTP1 Ile105Val genetic polymorphism, and breast cancer riskSang Ah Lee
Vanderbilt Epidemiology Center, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, TN, USA
Am J Clin Nutr 87:753-60. 2008..Cruciferous vegetables are the primary source of isothiocyanates and other glucosinolate derivatives that are known to induce phase II detoxifying enzymes, including glutathione S-transferases (GSTs)...
- Associations between multiple environmental exposures and Glutathione S-Transferase P1 on persistent wheezing in a birth cohortKathy T Schroer
Division of Asthma Research, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, OH 45229 3039, USA
J Pediatr 154:401-8, 408.e1. 2009....
- Influence of GSTP1 I105V polymorphism on cumulative neuropathy and outcome of FOLFOX-4 treatment in Asian patients with colorectal carcinomaYen Chung Chen
National Yang Ming University School of Medicine, Taipei, Taiwan
Cancer Sci 101:530-5. 2010Glutathione S-transferase P1 (GSTP1) participates in detoxification of potentially genotoxic compounds that may alter the efficacy and toxicity of platinum-based chemotherapy...
- Dietary glucosinolate intake, polymorphisms in selected biotransformation enzymes, and risk of prostate cancerAstrid Steinbrecher
Division of Cancer Epidemiology, German Cancer Research Center, Heidelberg, Germany
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 19:135-43. 2010..between glucosinolate intake and prostate cancer risk is modified by polymorphisms in GSTT1, GSTM1, GSTA1, GSTP1, or NOQ1 genes...
- Polymorphisms of glutathione-S-transferase genes and the risk of aerodigestive tract cancers in the Northeast Indian populationDhirendra Singh Yadav
Institute of Pathology, Indian Council of Medical Research ICMR, New Delhi, India
Genet Test Mol Biomarkers 14:715-23. 2010..This study was done to explore the possibility of phase II metabolic enzymes being responsible for the high prevalence of cancers in this region of India...
- Methylation of tumor associated genes in tissue and plasma samples from liver disease patientsHong Chang
Laboratory of Molecular and Experimental Pathology, Key Laboratory of Animal Models and Human Disease Mechanism, Kunming Institute of Zoology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Kunming, China
Exp Mol Pathol 85:96-100. 2008..The hypermethylation frequency of GSTP1 and RASSF1A showed significant difference between HCCs and liver cirrhosis with or without HBV infection (P<0...
- Glutathione S-transferase M1, T1, and P1 polymorphisms and survival among lung cancer patientsCarol Sweeney
Division of Epidemiology, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, Minnesota 55454, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 12:527-33. 2003..The presence of the GSTM1 and GSTT1 genes were assayed by multiplex PCR. Genotype at the GSTP1 Ile(105)Val substitution was determined by PCR and oligonucleotide ligation assay...
- Maternal and fetal single nucleotide polymorphisms in the epoxide hydrolase and gluthatione S-transferase P1 genes are not associated with pre-eclampsia in the Coloured population of the Western Cape, South AfricaG S Gebhardt
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, University of Stellenbosch, South Africa
J Obstet Gynaecol 24:866-72. 2004..and control mother - infant pairs with uncomplicated pregnancy outcome (n = 45) were analysed for the EPHX and GSTP1 polymorphisms by polymerase chain reaction amplification and restriction enzyme digestion...
- Association of CYP17, GSTP1, and PON1 polymorphisms with the risk of prostate cancerCinzia Antognelli
Experimental Medicine Department, University of Perugia, Perugia, Italy
Prostate 63:240-51. 2005..We have undertaken a case-control study in order to elucidate the association between polymorphisms in some metabolizing genes with the risk of prostate cancer (PCa)...
- CYP1A1 and GSTP1 polymorphisms in an oral cancer case-control studyA Leichsenring
Laboratório de Citogenética Humana e Oncogenética, Departamento de Genetica, Universidade Federal do Parana, 81531 970 Curitiba, PR, Brazil
Braz J Med Biol Res 39:1569-74. 2006CYP1A1 and GSTP1 polymorphisms have been associated with a higher risk to develop several cancers, including oral squamous cell carcinoma (OSCC), which is closely related to tobacco and alcohol consumption...
- Association of the GSTP1 and NQO1 polymorphisms and head and neck squamous cell carcinoma riskChang Gun Cho
Department of Otorhinolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Dongguk University International Hospital, Goyang, Korea
J Korean Med Sci 21:1075-9. 2006The GSTP1 and NQO1 have been reported to be associated with an increased risk for smoking related head and neck squamous cell carcinoma (HNSCC)...
- Association of genetic polymorphisms in glutathione S-transferases and susceptibility to head and neck cancerMadhu Singh
Developmental Toxicology Research Centre, P O Box 80, M G Marg, Lucknow 226001, India
Mutat Res 638:184-94. 2008Polymorphism in glutathione S-transferase (GST) genes (GSTM1, GSTT1 and GSTP1) and interaction with environmental factors such as tobacco (smoking or chewing) and alcohol on susceptibility to head and neck squamous cell carcinoma (HNSCC) ..
- Methyl-CpG binding domain protein 2 represses transcription from hypermethylated pi-class glutathione S-transferase gene promoters in hepatocellular carcinoma cellsJila Bakker
Sidney Kimmel Comprehensive Cancer Center at Johns Hopkins, Baltimore, Maryland 21231 1000, USA
J Biol Chem 277:22573-80. 2002..of human hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC), the CpG island encompassing the pi-class glutathione S-transferase gene (GSTP1) becomes hypermethylated...
- Glutathione S-transferase genotypes and allergic responses to diisocyanate exposureP Piirilä
Departments of Occupational Medicine, Finnish Institute of Occupational Health, Helsinki, Finland
Pharmacogenetics 11:437-45. 2001..We examined whether polymorphisms in the GSTM1, GSTM3, GSTP1 and GSTT1 genes modify allergic responses to diisocyanate exposure...
- An updating meta-analysis of the GSTM1, GSTT1, and GSTP1 polymorphisms and prostate cancer: a HuGE reviewZengnan Mo
Department of Urology, The First Affiliated Hospital of Guangxi Medical University, Nanning, Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region, People s Republic of China
Prostate 69:662-88. 2009It has been postulated that individuals with GSTM1, GSTT1 deficiency and, GSTP1 (105Ile/Val transition) have increased susceptibility to carcinogens and are more likely to develop prostate cancer...
- A pharmacogenetic study to investigate the role of dietary carcinogens in the etiology of colorectal cancerChristoph Sachse
Biomedical Research Centre, Ninewells Hospital and Medical School, Dundee DD1 9SY, UK
Carcinogenesis 23:1839-49. 2002..cytochrome P450 (CYP1A1, CYP1A2, CYP1B1, CYP2A6, CYP2C9, CYP2C19 and CYP2D6), glutathione S-transferase (GSTM1, GSTP1 and GSTT1), sulfotransferase (SULT1A1 and SULT1A2), N-acetyl transferase 2 (NAT2), NAD(P)H:quinone oxidoreductase (..
- GSTP1 determines cis-platinum cytotoxicity in gastric adenocarcinoma MGC803 cells: regulation by promoter methylation and extracellular regulated kinase signalingYe Zhang
Department of Medical Oncology bMedical Respiratory, The First Hospital, China Medical University, Shenyang, China
Anticancer Drugs 20:208-14. 2009..Glutathione S-transferase-pi (GSTP1) belongs to a supergene family of detoxifying enzymes involved in the prevention of DNA damage and subsequent ..
- Genetic background of lead and mercury metabolism in a group of medical students in AustriaClaudia Gundacker
Medical University of Vienna, Center for Public Health, Lab Ecotoxicology, Waehringer Strasse 10, A 1090 Vienna, Austria
Environ Res 109:786-96. 2009..There is increasing evidence that certain genetic polymorphisms modify lead and mercury toxicokinetics. This called for analysis of further candidate genes...
- Polymorphism of XRCC1 predicts overall survival of gastric cancer patients receiving oxaliplatin-based chemotherapy in Chinese populationBaorui Liu
Department of Oncology, Drum Tower Hospital Affiliated to Medical School of Nanjing University and Clinical Cancer Institute of Nanjing University, Nanjing, China
Eur J Hum Genet 15:1049-53. 2007..pigmentosum group D (XPD), X-ray repair cross complementing group 1 (XRCC1) and glutathione S-transferase P1 (GSTP1) predicted overall survival in gastric cancer patients receiving oxaliplatin-based chemotherapy in Chinese ..
- Association of GSTP1 polymorphism and survival for esophageal cancerJang Ming Lee
Department of Surgery and Graduate Institute of Epidemiology, College of Public Health, National Taiwan University, Taipei, Taiwan
Clin Cancer Res 11:4749-53. 2005..The clinical significance of this variation is still puzzling. We investigated whether genetic polymorphisms of GST including GSTP1, GSTM1, and GSTT1 affect survival among esophageal cancer patients.
- Glutathione S-transferase M1, T1 and P1 polymorphisms: susceptibility and outcome in lung cancer patientsLeelakumari Sreeja
Division of Cancer Research, Regional Cancer Centre, Trivandrum 695011, India
J Exp Ther Oncol 7:73-85. 2008..We investigated whether genetic polymorphisms of GSTM1, GSTP1 and GSTT1 genes modulated lung cancer risk and affect survival among lung cancer patients...
- Lack of association between glutathione S-transferase P1 polymorphism and COPD in KoreansJ J Yim
Department of Internal Medicine and Lung Institute, Clinical Research Institute, Seoul National University College of Medicine, 28 Yongdon, Chongno Gu, Seoul 110 744, South Korea
Lung 180:119-25. 2002..The purpose of this study was to determine whether polymorphism of GSTP1 gene is linked to a genetic susceptibility to COPD...
- Polymorphism of glutathione S-transferase T1, M1 and P1 genes in a Shanghai population: patients with occupational or non-occupational bladder cancerQing wen Ma
Sino German Laboratory of Toxicology, Institute of Plant Physiology and Ecology, Shanghai Institutes for Biological Sciences, Chinese Academy of Sciences, 225 Chongqing Rd S, Shanghai 200025, China
Biomed Environ Sci 15:253-60. 2002....
- Analysis of NQO1, GSTP1, and MnSOD genetic polymorphisms on lung cancer risk in TaiwanPinpin Lin
Institute of Toxicology, Chung Shan Medical University, No 110, Sec 1, Chien Kuo N Rd, Taichung 402, Taiwan, ROC
Lung Cancer 40:123-9. 2003..association of three genetic polymorphisms, NAD(P)H quinone oxidoreductase (NQO1), Glutathione-S-transferase P1 (GSTP1), and manganese superoxide dismutase (MnSOD), with lung cancer risk in 198 cases and 332 controls in Taiwan...
- GSTP1 and GSTA1 polymorphisms interact with cruciferous vegetable intake in colorectal adenoma riskMariken J Tijhuis
Division of Human Nutrition, Wageningen University, P O Box 8129, 6700 EV Wageningen, The Netherlands
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 14:2943-51. 2005..The GSTM1 and GSTT1 deletion polymorphisms, and the single nucleotide polymorphisms in GSTP1 (A313G) and in GSTA1 (C-69T) were assessed among 746 cases who developed colorectal adenomas and 698 endoscopy-..
- [A molecular epidemiological study on the relationship between the polymorphism of GSTP1 and susceptibility to gastric cancer in northern Chinese]Ye Zhang
Cancer Institute of the First Affiliated Hospital of China Medical University, Shenyang, China
Yi Chuan 29:293-300. 2007We analyzed the distribution of glutathione-S-transferase P1 gene (GSTP1) polymorphism in a population from northern China and the relationship between the polymorphic BsmAI site in its exon 5 and gastric cancer susceptibility and ..
- Ile105Val GSTP1 polymorphism and susceptibility to colorectal carcinoma in Bulgarian populationTatyana Vlaykova
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, Medical Faculty, Trakia University, Stara Zagora, Bulgaria
Int J Colorectal Dis 22:1209-15. 2007..A member of the glutathione-S-transferase (GST) family, GSTP1, is an important candidate for involvement in susceptibility to carcinogen-associated CRC...
- Recombinant protein glutathione S-transferases P1 attenuates inflammation in miceLan Luo
State Key Laboratory of Pharmaceutical Biotechnology, School of Life Sciences, Nanjing University, Nanjing 210093, China
Mol Immunol 46:848-57. 2009We have reported that intracellular glutathione S-transferases P1 (GSTP1) suppresses LPS (lipopolysaccharide)-induced excessive production of pro-inflammatory factors by inhibiting LPS-stimulated MAPKs (mitogen-activated protein kinases) ..
- MRP2 and GSTP1 polymorphisms and chemotherapy response in advanced non-small cell lung cancerNing Sun
Clinical Medicine College of Southeast University, and Zhongda Hospital, 210009, Nanjing, Jiangsu, China
Cancer Chemother Pharmacol 65:437-46. 2010..We hypothesize that genetic polymorphisms in metabolising enzymes gene GSTP1 (glutathione S-transferase P1), and MRP2 (multidrug resistance-associated protein 2) (ABCC2), which result in ..
- Genetic polymorphisms of GSTP1 and XRCC1: prediction of clinical outcome of platinum-based chemotherapy in advanced non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) patientsFei Zhou
Department of Oncology, the Affiliated Hospital of Medical College, Qing Dao University, Qingdao, Shandong Province, China
Swiss Med Wkly 141:w13275. 2011Platinum agents cause DNA cross-linking and oxidative damage. Genetic polymorphisms of GSTP1 and XRCC1 involved in glutathione metabolic and DNA repair pathways may explain inter individual differences in chemosensitivity and clinical ..
- Promoter hypermethylation in circulating blood cells identifies prostate cancer progressionMorgan Roupret
Institute for Cancer Studies, University of Sheffield, Royal Hallamshire Hospital, Sheffield, United Kingdom
Int J Cancer 122:952-6. 2008..more hypermethylation was detected in the diagnostic sample from the patients with cancer than in controls for GSTP1, RASSF1 alpha, APC and RAR beta (p < 0.0001)...
- Association study between glutathione S-transferase GST-M1, GST-T1, and GST-P1 polymorphisms and tardive dyskinesiaSeung Gul Kang
Department of Psychiatry, Korea University College of Medicine, Seoul, South Korea
Hum Psychopharmacol 24:55-60. 2009..In the present study, we investigated the hypothesis that polymorphisms in genes for these detoxifying enzymes can influence susceptibility to TD in patients with schizophrenia...
- Relationship between glutathione S-transferase M1, T1, and P1 polymorphisms and chronic lymphocytic leukemiaMartin Yuille
Academic Department of Haematology and Cytogenetics, and the Section of Cancer Genetics, Institute of Cancer Research, Sutton, Surrey, United Kingdom
Blood 99:4216-8. 2002..GSTM1, GSTT1, and GSTP1 genotypes were determined in 138 patients and 280 healthy individuals...
- Methyl-CpG-binding domain protein-2 mediates transcriptional repression associated with hypermethylated GSTP1 CpG islands in MCF-7 breast cancer cellsXiaohui Lin
The Sidney Kimmel Comprehensive Cancer Center at Johns Hopkins, Baltimore, Maryland 21231, USA
Cancer Res 63:498-504. 2003b>GSTP1, encoding the pi-class glutathione S-transferase, is commonly inactivated by somatic CpGisland hypermethylation in cancers of the prostate, liver, and breast...
- Genetic susceptibility and dietary patterns in lung cancerYa Yu Tsai
Laboratory of Population Genetics, Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute, NIH, DHHS, Bethesda, MD, USA
Lung Cancer 41:269-81. 2003..Smokers who were not homozygous for the most common GSTP1 allele and had a healthy dietary pattern were at significantly lower risk than smokers who were homozygous for the ..
- Association of molecular markers with toxicity outcomes in a randomized trial of chemotherapy for advanced colorectal cancer: the FOCUS trialMichael S Braun
Oncology and Clinical Research and Pathology and Tumour Biology Sections, Leeds Institute of Molecular Medicine, University of Leeds, Leeds, United Kingdom
J Clin Oncol 27:5519-28. 2009..Predicting efficacy and toxicity could potentially allow individualization of cancer therapy. We investigated putative pharmacogenetic markers of chemotherapy toxicity in a large randomized trial...
- The COPD genetic association compendium: a comprehensive online database of COPD genetic associationsPeter J Castaldi
Institute for Clinical Research and Health Policy Studies, Tufts Medical Center, 800 Washington Street, Boston, MA 02111, USA
Hum Mol Genet 19:526-34. 2010..Quantitative meta-analysis identified four variants in GSTM1, TGFB1, TNF and SOD3 that show statistically significant evidence of association with COPD susceptibility...
- Glutathione S-transferases mu 1, theta 1, pi 1, alpha 1 and mu 3 genetic polymorphisms and the risk of colorectal and gastric cancers in humansCarmen Martinez
Department of Pharmacology and Psychiatry, University of Extremadura, Badajoz, Spain
Pharmacogenomics 7:711-8. 2006..This study aimed to elucidate the influence of several GST polymorphisms on colorectal and gastric cancer risk...
- Glutathione transferase isozyme genotypes in patients with prostate and bladder carcinomaC Steinhoff
Urologische Klinik, Heinrich Heine Universitat, Dusseldorf, Germany
Arch Toxicol 74:521-6. 2000Genotype distributions for GSTP1, GSTM1, and GSTT1 were determined in 91 patients with prostatic carcinoma and 135 patients with bladder carcinoma and compared with those in 127 abdominal surgery patients without malignancies...
- Polymorphism in glutathione S-transferase P1 is associated with susceptibility to chemotherapy-induced leukemiaJ M Allan
Molecular Epidemiology Unit, Academic Unit of Epidemiology and Health Services Research, School of Medicine, University of Leeds, Leeds LS2 9JT, United Kingdom
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 98:11592-7. 2001..Functional polymorphisms exist in at least three genes that encode GSTs, including GSTM1, GSTT1, and GSTP1. We hypothesize, therefore, that polymorphisms in genes that encode GSTs alter susceptibility to chemotherapy-..
- Simultaneous identification of GSTP1 Ile105-->Val105 and Ala114-->Val114 substitutions using an amplification refractory mutation system polymerase chain reaction assay: studies in patients with asthmaA Hemmingsen
Centre for Cell and Molecular Medicine, Keele University, North Staffordshire Hospital, Staffordshire, England, UK
Respir Res 2:255-60. 2001The glutathione S-transferase (GST) enzyme GSTP1 utilizes byproducts of oxidative stress...
- N-Acetyltransferase genotypes as modifiers of diisocyanate exposure-associated asthma riskHarriet Wikman
Department of Industrial Hygiene and Toxicology, Finnish Institute of Occupational Health, Helsinki, Finland
Pharmacogenetics 12:227-33. 2002..of diisocyanate-induced ill effects, both separately and in combination with the previously examined GSTM1, GSTM3, GSTP1 and GSTT1 genotypes...
- Glutathione S-transferase GSTP1 is a susceptibility gene for occupational asthma induced by isocyanatesCristina E Mapp
Department of Clinical and Experimental Medicine, Section of Occupational Medicine, University of Ferrara, Ferrara, Italy
J Allergy Clin Immunol 109:867-72. 2002Polymorphism at the pi class glutathione-S-transferase locus (GSTP1) is associated with allergen-induced asthma and related phenotypes.
- Association between glutathione S-transferase P1, T1, and M1 genetic polymorphism and survival of patients with metastatic colorectal cancerJan Stoehlmacher
Department of Medical Oncology, University of Southern California Norris Comprehensive Cancer Center, Keck School of Medicine, Los Angeles, CA 90033, USA
J Natl Cancer Inst 94:936-42. 2002..study, we investigated associations between common polymorphisms in genes for several GST subclasses (GSTP1, GSTT1, GSTM1) and survival of patients with metastatic colorectal cancer receiving 5-fluorouracil (5-FU)/..
- Expression of glutathione s-transferase pi in benign mucosa, Barrett's metaplasia, and adenocarcinoma of the esophagusRakesh K Chandra
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Northwestern University Medical School, 303 E Chicago Ave, Searle Bldg 12 561, Chicago, Illinois 60611, USA
Head Neck 24:575-81. 2002..Glutathione s-transferase pi (GSTpi) is an enzyme that provides cellular protection against redox-mediated damage by free radicals, which have been implicated in carcinogenesis...
- Glutathione S-transferase polymorphisms in thyroid cancer patientsAlba Hernandez
Grup de Mutagenesi, Departament de Genetica i de Microbiologia, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, Bellaterra, Spain
Cancer Lett 190:37-44. 2003..investigation has been conducted to detect the possible association between polymorphism at the GSTM1, GSTT1 and GSTP1 genes and thyroid cancer incidence...
- Association of genetic polymorphisms of glutathione-S-transferase genes (GSTM1, GSTT1 and GSTP1) with familial prostate cancer risk in a Japanese populationHaruki Nakazato
Department of Urology, Gunma University School of Medicine, 3 39 22 Showa machi, Maebashi, 371 8511, Japan
Anticancer Res 23:2897-902. 2003..The genetic polymorphisms of GSTM1, GSTT1 and GSTP1 genes have been studied to estimate the relative risk of various cancers...
- Glutathion S transferase pi indicates chemotherapy resistance in breast cancerFengxi Su
Department of Surgery, Sun Yat Sen Memorial Hospital, Sun Yat sen University of Medical Science, Guangzhou, People s Republic of China
J Surg Res 113:102-8. 2003....
- Glutathione pathway genes and lung cancer risk in young and old populationsP Yang
Division of Epidemiology, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, 200 First Street SW, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Carcinogenesis 25:1935-44. 2004..Using PCR amplification of genomic DNA, polymorphic markers for gammaGCS, GPX1, GSTP1 (I105V and A114V), GSTM1 and GSTT1 were genotyped...
- Polymorphisms in glutathione S-transferases GSTM1, GSTT1 and GSTP1 and cytochromes P450 CYP2E1 and CYP1A1 and susceptibility to cirrhosis or pancreatitis in alcoholicsRegislaine Valéria Burim
Department of Genetics and Department of Internal Medicine, Faculty of Medicine of Ribeirao Preto, Sao Paulo University, Av Bandeirantes 3900, 14049 900 Ribeirao Preto, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Mutagenesis 19:291-8. 2004..The enzymes GSTM1, GSTT1, GSTP1, CYP1A1 and CYP2E1 are involved in the bioactivation and detoxification of a variety of xenobiotics present in ..
- The relationship of the human glutathione S-transferase P1 polymorphism and chemotherapeutic sensitivity in head and neck squamous carcinomaShinobu Kimura
Department Otorhinolaryngology, Yokohama City University School of Medicine, Kanazawaku, Yokohama City, Kanagawa prefecture 236 0023, Japan
Int J Mol Med 14:185-9. 2004b>GSTP1, which encodes GSTPi, has a polymorphic site at codon 105 (exon 5), where an adenosine-to-guanine (A-G) transition causes an isoleucine-to-valine substitution (I105V)...
- Genetic polymorphisms in UDP-glucuronosyltransferases and glutathione S-transferases and colorectal cancer riskE M J van der Logt
Department of Gastroenterology, University Medical Centre St Radboud, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Carcinogenesis 25:2407-15. 2004..enzymes UDP-glucuronosyltransferase UGT1A1, UGT1A6, UGT1A7 and UGT1A8, and glutathione S-transferase GSTA1, GSTM1, GSTP1 and GSTT1. Patients and controls were all of Caucasian origin...
- GSTM1, GSTT1 and GSTP1 polymorphisms, environmental tobacco smoke exposure and risk of lung cancer among never smokers: a population-based studyA S Wenzlaff
Population Studies and Prevention Program, Karmanos Cancer Institute, Wayne State University School of Medicine, Detroit, MI, USA
Carcinogenesis 26:395-401. 2005..Polymorphisms within the GSTM1, GSTT1 and GSTP1 genes, coding for enzymes with deficient or reduced activity, have been studied as potential modifiers of lung ..
- Glutathione-S-transferase gene polymorphisms (GSTT1, GSTM1, GSTP1) as increased risk factors for asthmaLulufer Tamer
Deparment of Biochemistry, Medical Faculty, Mersin University, Mersin, Turkey
Respirology 9:493-8. 2004..In the present study, the hypothesis that polymorphisms in the GSTT1, GSTM1 and GSTP1 genes are associated with atopic and nonatopic asthma was examined.
- Association of GSTM1, GSTT1, and GSTP1 gene polymorphisms with the risk of prostate cancer: a meta-analysisChristos Ntais
Department of Hygiene and Epidemiology, University of Ioannina School of Medicine, Ioannina 45110, Greece
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 14:176-81. 2005..cases and 2,625 controls), 10 studies with GSTT1 genotyping (1,965 cases and 2,554 controls), and 12 studies with GSTP1 genotyping (2,528 cases and 3,076 controls). The random effects odds ratio was 1...
- Association of NAT and GST polymorphisms with non-Hodgkin's lymphoma: a population-based case-control studyBrian C H Chiu
Department of Preventive Medicine, Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University, Chicago, IL 60611 4402, USA
Br J Haematol 128:610-5. 2005..Individuals with GSTP1 Val homozygotes had non-significant excessive risk of marginal zone lymphoma (OR = 1.8; 0.6-5...
- Association study of Glutathione S-transferase P1 (GSTP1) with asthma and bronchial hyper-responsiveness in two German pediatric populationsRenate Nickel
Department of Pediatric Pneumonology and Immunology, Charite, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany
Pediatr Allergy Immunol 16:539-41. 2005Glutathione S-Transferase P1 (GSTP1) is an important enzyme in the detoxification of products of oxidative stress...
- Glutathione S-transferase polymorphisms and ovarian cancer treatment and survivalA Beeghly
Department of Epidemiology and Public Health, Yale Cancer Center, Yale University School of Medicine, 60 College Street, New Haven, CT 06520 8034, USA
Gynecol Oncol 100:330-7. 2006..GSTM1, GSTT1, and GSTP1 genotypes were evaluated for their role in ovarian cancer treatment and survival.
- Polymorphisms of glutathione S-transferases (GST) and thymidylate synthase (TS)--novel predictors for response and survival in gastric cancer patientsE Goekkurt
Department of Haematology and Oncology, University Hospital Hamburg Eppendorf, University of Hamburg, Germany
Br J Cancer 94:281-6. 2006..9;8.1). Overall response rate was 26%. Patients possessing the glutathione S-transferase P1-105 Valine/Valine (GSTP1-105VV) genotype showed a response rate of 67% compared to 21% in patients harbouring at least one GSTP1-105 ..
- Cytogenetic damage and genetic variants in the individuals susceptible to arsenic-induced cancer through drinking waterPritha Ghosh
Indian Institute of Chemical Biology, Kolkata, and West Bank Hospital, Howrah, India
Int J Cancer 118:2470-8. 2006..Identification of null mutations in GSTT1 and GSTM1 genes were carried out by PCR amplification. GSTP1 SNPs, implicated in susceptibility to various cancers, were assessed by PCR-RFLP method...
- Dietary selenium intake and genetic polymorphisms of the GSTP1 and p53 genes on the risk of esophageal squamous cell carcinomaLin Cai
Department of Epidemiology, School of Public Health, University of California at Los Angeles, 71 225 CHS, Box 951772, 650 Charles Young Drive, Los Angeles, California 90095 1772, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 15:294-300. 2006..We studied the joint effects of dietary selenium and the GSTP1 and p53 polymorphisms on ESCC risk in a population-based case-control study with 218 ESCC cases and 415 controls ..
- [Transferase S-glutathione class pi gene (GSTP1) polymorphism in thyroid cancer patients]Paweł Marciniak
Department of Biochemistry and Biotechnology, Agricultural University, Poznan, Poland
Endokrynol Pol 57:509-15. 2006One of the potential genes which can increase the risk of cancer is GSTP1 gene. It encodes enzyme called glutathione S-transferase pi class, which is involved in the detoxification of a variety of potential carcinogenic compounds...
- Hypermethylation of the CpG islands in the promoter region flanking GSTP1 gene is a potential plasma DNA biomarker for detecting prostate carcinomaCheng Keng Chuang
Division of Urology, Department of Surgery, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, Lin Kou, Taiwan
Cancer Detect Prev 31:59-63. 2007..To investigate the possibility of identifying DNA hypermethylation in the circulation of prostate cancer patients...
- ABCB1 and GST polymorphisms associated with TP53 status in breast cancerSilje H Nordgard
Department of Genetics, The Norwegian Radium Hospital, University of Oslo, Oslo, Norway
Pharmacogenet Genomics 17:127-36. 2007..The goal of this study was to characterize the genetic variation in the ABCB1, GSTM1, GSTT1 and GSTP1 genes, as well as the haplotype structure in the ABCB1 gene.
- Pharmacogenetic profiling in patients with advanced colorectal cancer treated with first-line FOLFOX-4 chemotherapyAnnamaria Ruzzo
Institute of Biochemistry G Fornaini, University of Urbino, Urbino, Italy
J Clin Oncol 25:1247-54. 2007....
- Chromatin changes on the GSTP1 promoter associated with its inactivation in prostate cancerSteven T Okino
Department of Urology, San Francisco Veterans Affairs Medical Center and the University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, California 94121, USA
Mol Carcinog 46:839-46. 2007..In prostate tumors, expression of GST pi (encoded by GSTP1) is frequently lost because of promoter hypermethylation...
- Associations of glutathione S-transferase P1, M1, and environmental tobacco smoke with wheezing illness in school childrenY L Lee
Department of Occupational and Environmental Medicine, College of Medicine, National Cheng Kung University, Tainan, Taiwan
Allergy 62:641-7. 2007..We hypothesized that the GSTP1 and GSTM1 genotypes could modify the effects of household environmental tobacco smoke (ETS) on childhood wheezing ..
- Population pharmacokinetics of melphalan and glutathione S-transferase polymorphisms in relation to side effectsA Kuhne
Department of Clinical Pharmacology, Georg August University, Gottingen, Germany corrected
Clin Pharmacol Ther 83:749-57. 2008..In addition, we studied glutathione S-transferase GSTM1, GSTT1, and GSTP1 polymorphisms in relation to adverse events...
- Glutathione S-transferase genotype increases risk of progression from bronchial hyperresponsiveness to asthma in adultsM Imboden
IInstitutes of Social and Preventive Medicine and Surgical Pathology, Cancer Registry Molecular Epidemiology, University of Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland
Thorax 63:322-8. 2008..Bronchial hyperresponsiveness (BHR) and variation in glutathione S-transferase (GST) genes have been associated with asthma risk. The relationship of these two risk factors with adult onset asthma in the general population was investigated...
- Interactions between glutathione S-transferase P1, tumor necrosis factor, and traffic-related air pollution for development of childhood allergic diseaseErik Melen
Institute of Environmental Medicine, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
Environ Health Perspect 116:1077-84. 2008..Air pollutants may induce airway inflammation and sensitization due to generation of reactive oxygen species. The genetic background to these mechanisms could be important effect modifiers...
- GSTT1 and GSTP1 polymorphisms and breast cancer risk: a meta-analysisTheodoros N Sergentanis
School of Medicine, National University of Athens, Athens, Greece
Breast Cancer Res Treat 121:195-202. 2010..isoenzymes; studies have principally examined mu-1 (GSTM1: null/present), theta-1 (GSTT1: null/present) and pi-1 (GSTP1 Ile105Val) gene polymorphisms concerning breast cancer risk...
- GSTP1 I105V polymorphism and susceptibility to colorectal cancer in Kashmiri populationA Syed Sameer
Department of Immunology and Molecular Medicine, Sher I Kashmir Institute of Medical Sciences, Srinagar, Kashmir, India
DNA Cell Biol 31:74-9. 2012The glutathione S-transferase (GST) enzyme encoded by the GSTP1 gene is one of the critical enzymes involved in detoxification of carcinogens...
- Genetic polymorphism of the glutathione-S-transferase P1 gene (GSTP1) and susceptibility to prostate cancer in the Kashmiri populationQ Qadri
Department of Immunology and Molecular Medicine, Sher I Kashmir Institute of Medical Sciences, Soura, Srinagar, Kashmir, India
Genet Mol Res 10:3038-45. 2011Glutathione-S-transferase P1 (GSTP1) is a critical enzyme of the phase II detoxification pathway...
- Expression of anionic glutathione-S-transferase and P-glycoprotein genes in human tissues and tumorsJ A Moscow
Medicine Branch, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, Maryland 20892
Cancer Res 49:1422-8. 1989..In addition, comparison of paired specimens from the same patient indicated that GST pi expression was increased in many tumors relative to matched normal tissue...
- The glutathione S-transferases: influence of polymorphism on cancer susceptibilityR C Strange
Clinical Biochemistry Research Group, School of Postgraduate Medicine, Keele University, North Staffordshire Hospital, Stoke on Trent, United Kingdom
IARC Sci Publ . 1999..have attracted particular interest, and recently identified allelic variants at the mu class GSTM3 and pi class GSTP1 loci are also putative susceptibility candidates...
- Eosinophil peroxidase oxidation of thiocyanate. Characterization of major reaction products and a potential sulfhydryl-targeted cytotoxicity systemM Arlandson
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Minnesota Medical School, Minneapolis, Minnesota 55455, USA
J Biol Chem 276:215-24. 2001....
- FGF: A Mechanism of Acquired Multidrug ResistanceJESSIE AU; Fiscal Year: 2005..3) Test the hytpothesis that FGF is an upstream event that triggers several known mechanisms of acquired MDR. (4) Test the hypothesis that suramin can reverse acquired MDR under in vitro and in vivo conditions. ..
- Ozone Cardiovascular Effects in Genetically Susceptible PeopleMARK WALTER FRAMPTON; Fiscal Year: 2012..Understanding the effects of ozone on the heart and circulation can help establish appropriate air pollution standards, and provide strategies to protect the most susceptible people. ..
- Investigating gene x environment interaction using human exposures to O3 & LPSDavid B Peden; Fiscal Year: 2010..Other common single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) of interest exist in NF-E2, related factor 2 (NRF2), GSTP1, GSTT1, glutathione peroxdiase (GPX1), Heme oxygenase-1 (HO-1), and Superoxidase dismutase 2 (SOD2), theCD14 gene ..
- Influence of human gene variants on the effects of developmental MeHg exposureMichael J Carvan; Fiscal Year: 2010..S-transferase pi 1, glutamate-cysteine ligase catalytic subunit, and glutamate-cysteine ligase modifier subunit (GSTP1, GCLC and GCLM, respectively) in susceptibility to MeHg-induced neurodevelopmental dysfunction using humanized ..
- Beverly H Koller; Fiscal Year: 2014..can be grouped into eight different families, with the majority of genetic studies focused on polymorphisms in GSTP1, a member of the pi family and GSTM1 and GSTT1, members of the mu and theta families...
- Epidemiological Research on Autism in JamaicaMohammad H Rahbar; Fiscal Year: 2010..In addition, we will assess the role of select polymorphisms in glutathione-S-transferase genes (GSTM1, GSTT1, GSTP1), and their potential interactions with these heavy metals in relation to ASD...
- Cardioprotective Mechanisms of Glutathione S-transferase PDANIEL JOSEPH CONKLIN; Fiscal Year: 2012..tests, transgenic (TG) and TG mice crossed with null mice with cardiac-restricted expression of human polymorphic GSTP1-1 genes will be exposed to I/R and infarction determined...
- Mohammad H Rahbar; Fiscal Year: 2016..Furthermore, we will assess the role of select polymorphisms in GST genes (GSTM1, GSTT1, GSTP1), and their potential interactions with these OCs in relation to ASD...
- Albert van Der Vliet; Fiscal Year: 2016..Also, based on recent studies indicating that acrolein is detoxified by glutathione S-transferase P1 (GSTP1) and by hydrogen sulfide (H2S), a newly recognized endogenous mediator produced by (homo)cysteine metabolism by ..
- GSTP1 PROMOTER HYPERMETHYLATION IN HUMAN PROSTATE CANCERWILLIAM GEORGE NELSON; Fiscal Year: 2012..June 1, 2002, and renewed again April 1, 2004, has been the role of CpG island hypermethylation changes targeting GSTP1, encoding the p-class glutathione S-transferase, in the pathogenesis of prostate cancer (PCA)...
- Michelle Hernandez; Fiscal Year: 2014..4 parts per million (ppm) ozone (O3). GSTM1 and numerous other phase II antioxidant enzymes (NQO1, GSTP1, HO-1) are regulated by the master transcription factor NF-E2- related factor 2 (NRF2)...
- Wen Hsiang Lee; Fiscal Year: 2014..Recently, the pi isoform of glutathione S-transferase (GSTP1) has been identified as a zeaxanthin-binding protein in the human macula...
- Charles R Sanders; Fiscal Year: 2016..Specific Aim 2b will elucidate the chemistry, kinetics, and divalent metal ion-dependence of the FosB enzymes with both BSH and the alternative substrate L-Cys. ..
- Protein Kinase C and GSTP1 interactions in glioma drug resistanceFrancis Ali-Osman; Fiscal Year: 2012..crosstalk between a major Phase II drug metabolizing and cell signaling protein, the glutathione S-transferase P1 (GSTP1) and the serine/threonine protein kinase, PKC...
- Prostate Cancer Detection by Molecular UrinalysisChristian P Pavlovich; Fiscal Year: 2010..form the cornerstones of this study: methylation of DNA at CpG islands of the pi-class glutathione-s transferase (GSTP1) promoter, a noncoding RNA "differential display 3" (DD3), and the protein alpha methylacyl CoA racemase (AMACR)...
- PETER WALLACE STACPOOLE; Fiscal Year: 2016....
- Francis Ali-Osman; Fiscal Year: 2014..Glutathione S-transferase P1, GSTP1, a multifunctional protein involved in phase II metabolism and in the regulation of cell signaling is frequently ..
- Directed evolution of fosfomycin resistance enzymes from a promiscuous progenitorPaul D Cook; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Kevin M Patrie; Fiscal Year: 2014..Additionally, GSTP1-1 is the GST predominantly found in platelets...
- Glutathione S-Transferase Functions in ChemopreventionAlan Townsend; Fiscal Year: 2009..these investigations with our existing single-and dual-transfected V79 cell lines that stably express human GSTP1, GSTM1, or GSTA1, alone and also in combination with human P450-1A1 or-1B1, with addition of -1A2...
- John A Gerlt; Fiscal Year: 2015..In achieving this goal, the EFI will nucleate and enable a larger consortium of investigators working toward the goal of realizing the biomedical potential of the vast amount of sequence data provided by genome projects. ..
- METABOLISM AND TOXICITY OF HALOGENATED HYDROCARBONSMARION ANDERS; Fiscal Year: 2004..Hence, DCA may also find use in the management of HT-1. It is, therefore, important to explore the mechanism by which DCA and other dihaloacetates inactivate GSTZ1-1. ..
- Reactivation of GSTP1 Gene by Green Tea PolyphenolsSanjay Gupta; Fiscal Year: 2005..One such alteration is silencing of the expression of glutathione S-transferase-pi (GSTP1), a critical enzyme of carcinogen defense, through methylation of deoxycytidine residue in CpG islands in the 5'- ..
- ENZYME INDUCTION DEFECT--IMPLICATION FOR TOXICITYRobert Blouin; Fiscal Year: 1992..FActors which influence the activation of foreign compounds, bear directly on risk of xenobiotic exposure to human health...
- GENE EXPRESSION INDICES ASSOCIATED WITH CHEMORESISTANCEJames Willey; Fiscal Year: 2001....
- LEUKOTRIENES--BIOCHEMICAL PHARMACOLOGYSISTER JAKSCHIK; Fiscal Year: 1990..We hope to definitely demonstrate the difference of the LTC4-synthesizing enzyme from other glutathione transferases which would make it possible to design selective inhibitors of LTC4 biosynthesis...
- LUNG INJURY BY NAPHTHALENESAlan Buckpitt; Fiscal Year: 2009..These studies are expected to identify appropriate biomarker targets and metabolic proteins where polymorphisms could be important in altering individual susceptibility. ..
- COLLABORATIVE PROJECT FOR AN ENZYME FUNCTION INITIATIVEJOHN GERLT; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- Oxidant Stress and Allergic AsthmaRyszard Dworski; Fiscal Year: 2009..Polymorphisms of the glutathione S transferase (GSTP1) gene predict airway hyperreactivity, asthma, and atopy...
- MECHANISM OF ANTICARCINOGENIC ACTIVITY--ORGANOSULFIDESShivendra Singh; Fiscal Year: 2003..Insights gained from these studies should help in devising practical dietary recommendation for humans. ..
- DNA Methylation and GSTP1 Gene Regulation in GliomasFrancis Ali Osman; Fiscal Year: 2007..molecular alteration in brain and other human tumors is the over-expression of the glutathione S-transferase P1 (GSTP1) gene...
- Allergies, Genetic Susceptibility and Adult Glioma RiskDominique S Michaud; Fiscal Year: 2011..Studies have also reported associations with detoxification genes, especially GSTT1 and GSTP1. However, most epidemiologic studies reporting these associations have been case- control studies, which are ..
- Pharmacogenetics of Tamoxifen and Chemotherapies and Risk of Contralateral BreastJane C Figueiredo; Fiscal Year: 2010..e., CYP3A5, GSTM1, GSTP1, GSTT1);anthracyclines (i.e., CYP3A5, MDR1, GSTM1, GSTP1, GSTT1) and antimetabolites (i.e., DHFR, TS, MTHFR) ...
- Halogenated Alkenes and Microsomal GSH-transferasesMichael J Kelner; Fiscal Year: 2010..4] To determine the relative contribution of MGST1 and MGST2 to cellular antioxidant capacity through studies utilizing human MGST1 and MGST2 null cells. ..
- Polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons and birth outcomes in Mexico CityMARIE SYLVIA O'NEILL; Fiscal Year: 2013..DNA samples from mother and infant will be used to type genetic polymorphisms (CYP1A1, GSTM1, GSTT1, GSTP1, Xrcc1, XPD) relevant to the hypothesized mechanisms...
- Genetic Susceptibilty to Cardiovascular Effects of Arsenic ExposureYu Chen; Fiscal Year: 2013..effects of As exposure differ by polymorphisms in genes related to As methylation (GSTM1, GSTT1, GSTO1, GSTP1, MTHFR, and AS3MT genes) and genes related to oxidative stress (NOS3, SOD2, and CYBA) and inflammation/endothelial ..
- GST, ENVIRONMENT FACTORS AND BREAST CANCER RISKTongzhang Zheng; Fiscal Year: 2000..study is to examine the association between genetic variability in three major GSTs, namely, GSTM1, GSTT1, and GSTP1 and the susceptibility to breast cancer...
- Molecular Analysis of Esophageal Cancer SurvivalMatthew Kulke; Fiscal Year: 2007..aims of examining the association between overall survival and the presence of specific genetic polymorphisms (GSTP1, GSTM1, GSTT1, CYP1A1, CYP3A5, p53, XRCC1 and ERCC2) in patients with esophageal cancer...
- Shuji Kishi; Fiscal Year: 2014..expression of most antioxidant enzymes including the Pi class glutathione S-transferases (GSTP1s);indeed, gstp1 is strongly induced upon Nrf2 activation in vertebrates when the animals are treated with electrophiles...
- Pesticide Exposure and DNA Methylation in Pesticide ApplicatorsJENNIFER ANN RUSIECKI; Fiscal Year: 2010..for four of the most commonly silenced genes in cancers of concern to this cohort, p16INK4, MGMT, CDH-1, and GSTp1. Our primary aim is to investigate whether exposure to specific pesticides and chemical classes of pesticides ..
- GSTP1 gene repression in prostate cancerRakesh Singal; Fiscal Year: 2004..Among the isoenzymes, the role of the pi class GSTP (GSTP1) in cancer has been studied extensively...
- Pharmacokinetic and Pharmacogenomic Determinants of Cisplatin Kidney InjuryMelanie S Joy; Fiscal Year: 2013..g. GSTP1 and GSTA1, and g-glutamyl transferase1, e.g...
- A novel mouse prostate carcinogenesis model for dietary cancer prevention researcChung S Yang; Fiscal Year: 2013..and TUNEL), inflammation (NF-kB and CD45), and oxidative stress (8-OHdG and -H2AX), as well as the expression of GSTP1, E-cadherin, COX-2, p63, p27, Pten, Nkx3.1, p16, and Bcl-2 by immunohistochemistry (IHC)...
- Spatial, High-Accuracy, Multiplexed Mapping of Genes in Human Tissue SectionsElisabeth Smela; Fiscal Year: 2012..6 millimeter per spot). Our aims now are to Aim 1 (achieve DNA methylation): Map GSTP1 promoter methylation over whole tissue sections from prostates with cancer...
- Promoter Specific Hypermethylation Sensors for Early Cancer DetectionIndraneel Ghosh; Fiscal Year: 2011..2) designing and testing biosensors that target promoter regions of genes (BRCA1, CDH1, p15, p16, MGMT, GSTp1) implicated in cancer...
- Screen for Small Molecule Antagonists of MBD2WILLIAM GEORGE NELSON; Fiscal Year: 2013..Using novel cell-based screens to detect small molecules capable of selective activation of a GSTP1 promoter/luciferase reporter construct carrying extensive CpG island methylation, a configuration known to cause ..
- Oxidant Stress and Gene Polymorphisms in Bronchopulmonary DysplasiaKaren K Mestan; Fiscal Year: 2013..of oxidant stress and the development of BPD;and 2) To assess genetic associations of promising candidate genes (GSTP1, SOD3) with the risk of BPD, with adjustment for important clinical variables, population admixture, and multiple ..
- SPORE in Brain CancerDarell Bigner; Fiscal Year: 2009..In Project 1, novel therapeutics that target the GSTP1 protein, overexpressed and a poor prognostic indicator in malignant gliomas, will be rationally developed and ..
- Isothiocyanates in the Chemoprevention of Bladder CancerYuesheng Zhang; Fiscal Year: 2007..Aim 5 will determine the efficacy of an orally administered ITC in inhibiting N-butyl-N- (4-hydroxybutyl)-nitrosamine-induced bladder tumorigenesis in F344 rats. ..
- Pharmacogenetics: Breast Cancer Treatment and PrognosisChristine Ambrosone; Fiscal Year: 2005..These hypotheses are supported by our pilot data, in which women with GSTP1 and GSTA1 variants encoding lower enzyme activity and those with gene deletions in GSTM1 and GSTT1 had ..
- Metabolism and Detoxification of Base PropenalsSanjay Srivastava; Fiscal Year: 2007..Based on our preliminary data and literature evidence, we propose that glutathione S-transferase (GSTP1-1) and aldose reductase (AR) are the major enzymes that participate in the metabolism of base propenals and that ..
- Metabolic Polymorphisms and Survival from Brain TumorsMelissa Bondy; Fiscal Year: 2004..We will determine the frequencies of GSTM1, GSTT1, and GSTP1 polymorphisms in 350 cases by polymerase chain reaction and restriction fragment length polymorphisms...
- CASA PIA STUDY OF DENTAL AMALGAMS IN CHILDRENTimothy Derouen; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- INSECT SPECIES FOR ASSESSMENT OF PROXIDANT TOXICITYSAMI AHMAD; Fiscal Year: 1992..oxidized glutathione). In turn, this will enable us to determine whether results obtained using a nonmammalian model species are applicable to studies of the oxidative stress in mammalian systems...
- Age-related epigenetic gene silencing in the RPELEONARD HJELMELAND; Fiscal Year: 2007..To test this hypothesis, we will focus our initial studies on TIMP3, BRCA1, IGF2, and GSTP1. We have shown that the expression at the mRNA level of all four genes is downregulated with age in the RPE/..
- Adenocarinoma of the Lung in WomenAnn Schwartz; Fiscal Year: 2005..2) To determine if genotype at the metabolic enzyme loci CYP1A1, CYP1B1, CYP17, CYP19, GSTM1, GSTP1, COMT, and NQO1 are associated with risk of adenocarcinoma of the lung in women...
- GENE EXPRESSION INDICES IN CHEMORESISTANT LUNG CANCERJames Willey; Fiscal Year: 2003..individual gene expression values when phenotypes for malignancy (c-myc x E2F-1/p21) and risk for lung cancer (GSTP1 x mGST x GSHPx)...
- DNA Methylation in Early Detection of Prostate CancerSteven Smith; Fiscal Year: 2002..Our hypothesis is that methylation status at the androgen receptor gene, pi-class glutathione-S transferase gene GSTP1, L1 repetitive, or subtelomeric DNA sequences, or subtelomeric DNA sequences coupled with telomerase component ..
- Chronic respiratory effects of early life PM exposureKirk Smith; Fiscal Year: 2009..Variation in the genotypes of key antioxidant enzymes (e.g., GSTM1 and GSTP1) may help to identify which children are more susceptible to the effects of inhaled PM on respiratory health...
- Molecular Detection of Prostate Cancer in UrinePaul Cairns; Fiscal Year: 2005..Using the sensitive methylation specific PCR we have established that a new molecular target, GSTP1 gene hypermethylation which is well established as "early", frequent and cancer specific can be detected in a ..
- LUNG CANCER CHEMOPREVENTION WITH CELECOXIB IN EX-SMOKERSJenny Mao; Fiscal Year: 2007..in bronchoalveolar lavage fluid, expression of Cox-2, EGFR, p27,p16, bcl-2, apoptosis index, cyclin D1 and E, GSTP1 methylation, GSTP1, GSTM1 and CYP1A1 polymorphisms, P53 polymorphisms and p16 methylation; 2) regulation of ..
- Drug Metabolism, DNA Repair & Second CancersDebra Friedman; Fiscal Year: 2003..study include methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase (MTHFR), Glutathione-S-transferase (GST), GSTT1, GSTM1, GSTM3, GSTP1, Cytochrome P-450 (CYP) CYP2C9, CYP2C19, CYP3A4, thiopurine methyltransferase, methylguanine DNA methyltransferase,..
- INFERTILITY TESTING OF RECOMBINANT SP-10 VACCINEJohn Herr; Fiscal Year: 1993..The research aims outlined in this proposal follow the direct path to development of a contraceptive vaccine with potential use in human females...