Genomes and Genes
growth hormone receptor
Gene Symbol: growth hormone receptor
Description: growth hormone receptor
Alias: GHBP, GHIP, growth hormone receptor, GH receptor, growth hormone binding protein, serum binding protein, somatotropin receptor
Publications333 found, 100 shown here
- The binding of different biosynthetic and extracted human growth hormones to the growth hormone-binding protein of human serum: a comparative studyA Aguirre
Endocrinologia, Inst. Proagro, Sucre, Bolivia
Horm Metab Res 23:281-4. 1991This study of the human growth hormone binding protein (GHBP) was undertaken using several samples of hGH, extractive or recombinant, from different origins...
- Regulation of human growth hormone receptor gene transcription by human growth hormone binding proteinP E Mullis
Department of Paediatrics, University Childrens Hospital, Inselspital, Bern, Switzerland
Mol Cell Endocrinol 131:89-96. 1997The hypothesis that growth hormone binding protein (GHBP) has an effect on its own on the regulation of the GH-receptor/GHBP transcription was tested...
- Localization and regulation of the growth hormone receptor and growth hormone-binding protein in the rat growth plateEvelien F Gevers
Department of Pediatrics, Leiden University Medical Center, The Netherlands
J Bone Miner Res 17:1408-19. 2002..The dual effector theory suggests that GH would act primarily on the "stem cells." However, staining with a GH receptor (GHR) antibody is found in all layers of the growth plate in rabbits and humans...
- Adolescent idiopathic scoliosis and the single-nucleotide polymorphism of the growth hormone receptor and IGF-1 genesYong Yang
Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences, Department of Orthopedics, Peking Union Medical College, Beijing, China
Orthopedics 32:411. 2009..A replicable study is vital for reliability. To determine the relationship of growth hormone receptor and IGF-1 genes with adolescent idiopathic scoliosis, a population-based association study was performed...
- Growth hormone, interferon-gamma, and leukemia inhibitory factor promoted tyrosyl phosphorylation of insulin receptor substrate-1L S Argetsinger
Department of Physiology, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor 48109 0622, USA
J Biol Chem 270:14685-92. 1995..The ability of GH receptor (GHR) to transduce the signal for IRS-1 tyrosyl phosphorylation is mediated by the intracellular region of GHR ..
- Alternative splicing of exon 3 of the human growth hormone receptor is the result of an unusual genetic polymorphismM L Stallings-Mann
Department of Molecular Biology and Microbiology, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, OH 44106, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 93:12394-9. 1996Two isoforms of the human growth hormone receptor (hGHR), which differ in the presence (hGHRwt) or absence (hGHRd3) of exon 3, are expressed in the placenta...
- Model for growth hormone receptor activation based on subunit rotation within a receptor dimerRichard J Brown
Institute for Molecular Bioscience and School of Biomedical Sciences, University of Queensland, St Lucia, Queensland, Australia
Nat Struct Mol Biol 12:814-21. 2005Growth hormone is believed to activate the growth hormone receptor (GHR) by dimerizing two identical receptor subunits, leading to activation of JAK2 kinase associated with the cytoplasmic domain...
- The ubiquitin ligase SCF(betaTrCP) regulates the degradation of the growth hormone receptorPeter van Kerkhof
Department of Cell Biology, University Medical Center Utrecht and Institute of Biomembranes, Heidelberglaan 100, 3584 CX Utrecht, The Netherlands
J Biol Chem 282:20475-83. 2007..We show that the same ligase drives endocytosis and degradation of the growth hormone receptor (GHR) in a ligand-independent fashion...
- Impact of the exon 3-deleted growth hormone (GH) receptor polymorphism on baseline height and the growth response to recombinant human GH therapy in GH-deficient (GHD) and non-GHD children with short stature: a systematic review and meta-analysisM J E Wassenaar
Department of Endocrinology and Metabolic Diseases, Leiden University Medical Center, 2300 RC Leiden, The Netherlands
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 94:3721-30. 2009The exon-3 deleted GH receptor (GHR(d3)) polymorphism is associated with an increased growth response to recombinant human GH (rhGH) therapy in some, but not all, studies in GH-deficient (GHD) and non-GHD children with short stature.
- The exon 3 deleted growth hormone receptor gene is associated with small birth size and early pubertal onset in healthy boysKaspar Sørensen
Department of Growth and Reproduction, GR 5064, Copenhagen University Hospital, Blegdamsvej 9, DK 2100 Copenhagen, Denmark
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 95:2819-26. 2010The GH/IGF-I axis influences gonadal development and function. Recently, a deletion of exon 3 in the GH receptor gene (GHRd3) has been linked to increased responsiveness to GH.
- The SOCS2 ubiquitin ligase complex regulates growth hormone receptor levelsMattias Vesterlund
Department of Molecular Medicine and Surgery, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
PLoS ONE 6:e25358. 2011..GH actions are mediated by the Growth Hormone Receptor; a member of the cytokine receptor super family that signals chiefly through the JAK2/STAT5 pathway...
- Human metastatic melanoma cell lines express high levels of growth hormone receptor and respond to GH treatmentElahu G Sustarsic
Edison Biotechnology Institute, 1 Watertower Drive, Athens, OH, United States Department of Biological Sciences, Ohio University, Athens, OH, United States
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 441:144-50. 2013Accumulating evidence implicates the growth hormone receptor (GHR) in carcinogenesis...
- Multimeric growth hormone receptor complexes serve as signaling platformsMagdalena Sedek
From the Department of Cell Biology and Institute of Biomembranes, University Medical Center Utrecht, 3584 CX Utrecht, The Netherlands
J Biol Chem 289:65-73. 2014..Phosphorylation and ubiquitylation regulate the GH receptor (GHR) at the cell surface: two ubiquitin ligases (SCF(βTrCP2) and CHIP) determine the GH responsiveness of ..
- Laron dwarfism and mutations of the growth hormone-receptor geneS Amselem
Service de Biochimie and INSERM, C H U Henri MONDOR, Creteil, France
N Engl J Med 321:989-95. 1989..basis, we used genetic linkage to test whether the disorder results from a defect in the gene for the human GH receptor. Denaturing gradient gel electrophoresis and sequencing of specific GH-receptor-gene fragments allowed us to ..
- Characterization of the human growth hormone receptor gene and demonstration of a partial gene deletion in two patients with Laron-type dwarfismP J Godowski
Department of Developmental Biology, Genentech, Inc, South San Francisco, CA 94080
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 86:8083-7. 1989..Several lines of evidence suggest that this disease is caused by a defect in the growth hormone receptor. In order to analyze the receptor gene in patients with Laron-type dwarfism and with other growth ..
- Expression of exon 3-retaining and exon 3-excluding isoforms of the human growth hormone-receptor is regulated in an interindividual, rather than a tissue-specific, mannerR B Wickelgren
Department of Internal Medicine, Sahlgrenska, Hospital, University of Goteborg, Sweden
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 80:2154-7. 1995..The human GH receptor (GHR) exists in two known isoforms; in one form exon 3 is present (GHR3+), and in the other, exon 3 is absent (..
- Species-specific alternative splice mimicry at the growth hormone receptor locus revealed by the lineage of retroelements during primate evolutionJ Pantel
Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale, Unité 468, Hopital Henri Mondor, 94010 Creteil Cedex, France
J Biol Chem 275:18664-9. 2000In humans, growth hormone receptor (GHR) transcripts exist in two isoforms differing by the retention (GHRfl) or exclusion (GHRd3) of exon 3, whereas in mice GHRfl is solely expressed...
- Identification of a region critical for proteolysis of the human growth hormone receptorFrançoise Conte
Centre de Recherche sur la Croissance CRC, Pavillon Leriche, Hopital Purpan, Place du Dr Baylac, Toulouse Cedex, 31059, France
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 290:851-7. 2002Release of soluble growth hormone binding protein (GHBP) corresponding to the extracellular domain of the GH receptor (GHR) occurs via distinct mechanisms depending on species...
- Growth hormone (GH) pharmacogenetics: influence of GH receptor exon 3 retention or deletion on first-year growth response and final height in patients with severe GH deficiencyAlexander A L Jorge
Hospital das Clinicas, Laboratorio de Hormonios, Avenida Dr Eneas de Carvalho Aguiar 155 PAMB, 2 Andar Bloco 6, 05403 900, Sao Paulo, Brazil
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 91:1076-80. 2006..A polymorphism in GHR gene, the presence or absence of exon 3, has been shown to influence the 1- and 2-yr growth responses to human recombinant GH (hGH) therapy in children without GH deficiency (GHD)...
- Exon 3-deleted/full-length growth hormone receptor polymorphism genotype frequencies in Spanish short small-for-gestational-age (SGA) children and adolescents (n = 247) and in an adult control population (n = 289) show increased fl/fl in short SGALaura Audi
Department of Pediatrics, Hospital Vall d Hebron, Autonmous University, Barcelona, Spain
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 91:5038-43. 2006A polymorphism in the human GH receptor gene (d3/fl-GHR) resulting in genomic deletion of exon 3 has been associated with the degree of height increase in response to GH therapy.
- An intronic growth hormone receptor mutation causing activation of a pseudoexon is associated with a broad spectrum of growth hormone insensitivity phenotypesA David
Centre for Endocrinology, William Harvey Research Institute, University of London, London EC1M 6BQ, United Kingdom
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 92:655-9. 2007Inherited GH insensitivity (GHI) is usually caused by mutations in the GH receptor (GHR)...
- The presence of the d3-growth hormone receptor polymorphism is negatively associated with fetal growth but positively associated with postnatal growth in healthy subjectsRikke Beck Jensen
University Department of Growth and Reproduction, Rigshospitalet, Copenhagen, Denmark
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 92:2758-63. 2007A common polymorphism in the GH receptor (GHR) gene has been linked to increased growth response in GH-treated patients. No former study has focused on the association to prenatal growth.
- Mammalian protein-protein interaction trap (MAPPIT) analysis of STAT5, CIS, and SOCS2 interactions with the growth hormone receptorIsabel Uyttendaele
Flanders Interuniversity Institute for Biotechnology, Department of Medical Protein Research, Ghent University, Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences, A Baertsoenkaai 3, B 9000 Ghent, Belgium
Mol Endocrinol 21:2821-31. 2007..protein-protein interaction trap (MAPPIT), a mammalian two-hybrid method, we mapped the binding sites in the GH receptor for signal transducer and activator of transcription 5 (STAT5) a and b and for the negative regulators of ..
- The d3-growth hormone (GH) receptor polymorphism is associated with increased responsiveness to GH in Turner syndrome and short small-for-gestational-age childrenG Binder
Pediatric Endocrinology Section, University Children s Hospital, Hoppe Seyler Strasse 1, 72076 Tubingen, Germany
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 91:659-64. 2006A protein polymorphism of the GH receptor (GHR) based on the genomic deletion of exon 3 (d3-GHR) has recently been linked to the magnitude of growth response to high-dose recombinant human GH (rhGH) therapy of short children without GH ..
- Structure and expression of the mouse growth hormone receptor/growth hormone binding protein geneJ G Moffat
Department of Biology, University of California, Santa Cruz, California 95060, USA
J Mol Endocrinol 23:33-44. 1999The mouse growth hormone receptor/growth hormone-binding protein (GHR/BP) gene produces several distinct mRNA forms through alternative splicing, including mRNAs encoding the membrane-bound growth hormone receptor (GHR) and the soluble ..
- Growth hormone receptor, insulin-like growth factor (IGF)-1, and IGF-binding protein-2 expression in the reproductive tissues of early postpartum dairy cowsM L Rhoads
Division of Animal Sciences, University of Missouri, Columbia 65211, USA
J Dairy Sci 91:1802-13. 2008..In liver, growth hormone receptor (GHR) and IGF-1 are dynamically regulated by lactation and energy balance...
- Functional promiscuity of squirrel monkey growth hormone receptor toward both primate and nonprimate growth hormonesSoojin Yi
Department of Ecology and Evolution, University of Chicago, Chicago, Illinois 60637, USA
Mol Biol Evol 19:1083-92. 2002..In contrast, its functional counterpart, the human growth hormone receptor (hGHR), has evolved species specificity so that it responds only to Old World primate GHs...
- The insulin-like growth factor I generation test: resistance to growth hormone with aging and estrogen replacement therapyS A Lieberman
Medical Service, Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Palo Alto, California
Horm Metab Res 26:229-33. 1994..high-affinity circulating GH-binding protein (GHBP) has the same structure as the extracellular domain of the GH receptor and may reflect the sensitivity to GH in humans...
- Growth hormone-binding protein in patients with anorexia nervosa determined in two assay systemsA Murata
Department of Pediatrics, Chiba University School of Medicine, Japan
Horm Metab Res 24:297-9. 1992..serum GH-binding protein (BP) (GH-BP), which has been shown to be identical to the extracellular domain of GH receptor, and therefore might reflect peripheral GH receptor expression (i.e...
- [Effect of recombinant human growth hormone on growth of human Bel-7402 hepatic carcinoma xenografts in nude mice]Jian Ping Liu
Department of General Surgery, The Second Affiliated Hospital, Sun Yat Sen University, Guangzhou, Guangdong 510120, P R China
Ai Zheng 25:292-6. 2006..Because most primary hepatic carcinoma could express human growth hormone receptor (GHR), this study was to explore the effects of rhGH on the growth of human Bel-7402 hepatic carcinoma (..
- Generation of epitope-specific antibodies to rat GHBP in the sheep using an interspecies switching strategy involving site-directed mutagenesis of ovine GHBPJ H Shand
Hannah Research Institute, Ayr, UK
Eur J Biochem 266:917-23. 1999..Using site-directed mutagenesis, we altered the two dominant linear epitopes in the ovine growth hormone binding protein to the analogous sequences in rat growth hormone binding protein...
- Morphogenic and tumorigenic potentials of the mammary growth hormone/growth hormone receptor systemEvert Van Garderen
Department of Pathology, Utrecht University, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Mol Cell Endocrinol 197:153-65. 2002..The growth hormone receptor (GHR) is also expressed in normal and tumorous canine mammary tissues and in this concise overview we ..
- Growth hormone binding protein 2001G Baumann
Department of Medicine, Northwestern University Medical School, Chicago, IL, USA
J Pediatr Endocrinol Metab 14:355-75. 2001..with particular emphasis on the high affinity GHBP, which represents the circulating ectodomain of the growth hormone receptor (GHR)...
- The influence of gene-environment interactions on GHR and IGF-1 expression and their association with growth in brook charr, Salvelinus fontinalis (Mitchill)Guillaume Côté
Departement de Biologie, Universite Laval, Quebec, Quebec, Canada
BMC Genet 8:87. 2007..saltwater), sex and genotypic (low vs. high estimated breeding value EBV) effects on the transcription level of insulin-like growth factor (IGF-1) and growth hormone receptor (GHR) in brook charr (Salvelinus fontinalis).
- Increase of serum growth hormone-binding protein in patients with ossification of the posterior longitudinal ligament of the spineS Ikegawa
Department of Orthopedics, Faculty of Medicine, University of Tokyo, Japan
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 18:1757-60. 1993Serum growth hormone-binding protein (GHBP) was measured in 26 patients with ossification of the posterior longitudinal ligament of the spine (OPLL) and 19 age-matched controls...
- Caveolar and lipid raft localization of the growth hormone receptor and its signaling elements: impact on growth hormone signalingNing Yang
Department of Cell Biology, Division of Endocrinology, Diabetes, and Metabolism, University of Alabama at Birmingham, 1530 3rd Avenue South, Birmingham, AL 35294, USA
J Biol Chem 279:20898-905. 2004The growth hormone receptor (GHR) is a cell surface receptor that mediates the somatogenic and metabolic effects of the growth hormone (GH)...
- Expression of growth hormone receptor and its mRNA in hepatic cirrhosisHong Tao Wang
Department of Hepato biliary Surgery, Sun Yat Sen Memorial Hospital, The Second Affiliated Hospital, Sun Yat Sen University, Guangzhou 510120, Guangdong Province, China
World J Gastroenterol 9:765-70. 2003To investigate the expression of growth hormone receptor (GHR) and mRNA of GHR in cirrhotic livers of rats with the intension to find the basis for application of recombinant human growth hormone (rhGH) to patients with liver cirrhosis.
- Impact of growth hormone resistance on female reproductive function: new insights from growth hormone receptor knockout miceDenise Zaczek
Department of Physiology, School of Medicine, Southern Illinois University, Carbondale 62901 6512, USA
Biol Reprod 67:1115-24. 2002We examined multiple aspects of reproductive function in growth hormone receptor gene knockout (GHR-KO) and normal mice to clarify the role of growth hormone in female reproduction...
- [Expression of growth hormone receptor in hepatocellular carcinoma and its significance]Jian Ping Liu
Department of General Surgery, The Second Affiliated Hospital, Sun Yat Sen University, Guangzhou, Guangdong, 510120, P R China
Ai Zheng 22:298-301. 2003..rhGH cannot work except that it combines to its own receptor growth hormone receptor (GHR)...
- Differential regulation of membrane associated-growth hormone binding protein (MA-GHBP) and growth hormone receptor (GHR) expression by growth hormone (GH) in mouse liverL Gonzalez
Instituto de Quimica y Fisicoquimica Biologicas, Facultad de Farmacia y Bioquimica, Universidad de Buenos Aires, Junin 956, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Growth Horm IGF Res 17:104-12. 2007..humans and rabbits and alternative processing of the GHR transcript in rodents generates circulating growth hormone binding protein (GHBP)...
- Characterization of the short isoform of the growth hormone receptor synthesized by rat adipocytesG P Frick
Department of Physiology, University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester 01655
Endocrinology 131:3083-90. 1992Two mRNA transcripts that are believed to be alternately spliced products of the GH receptor gene have been reported in a variety of rat tissues. The smaller (1...
- Cloning and characterization of chicken growth hormone binding protein (cGHBP)J S Lau
Department of Zoology, 5N 12, Kadoorie Biological Sciences Building, The University of Hong Kong, Pokfulam Road, Hong Kong, HKSAR, China
Domest Anim Endocrinol 33:107-21. 2007..GH also binds to the growth hormone binding protein (GHBP) which is the soluble form of GHR extracellular domain existing in circulation...
- Polymorphisms and haplotypes in the bovine neuropeptide Y, growth hormone receptor, ghrelin, insulin-like growth factor 2, and uncoupling proteins 2 and 3 genes and their associations with measures of growth, performance, feed efficiency, and carcass meriE L Sherman
Department of Agricultural, Food and Nutritional Science, University of Alberta, Edmonton, AB, T6G 2P5, Canada
J Anim Sci 86:1-16. 2008..In the current study, SNP in the bovine neuropeptide Y (NPY), growth hormone receptor (GHR), ghrelin (GHRL), uncoupling proteins 2 and 3 (UCP2 and UCP3), IGF2, corticotrophin-releasing ..
- Hepatic gene expression in multiparous Holstein cows treated with bovine somatotropin and fed n-3 fatty acids in early lactationM Carriquiry
Department of Animal Science, University of Minnesota, St Paul 55108 6118, USA
J Dairy Sci 92:4889-900. 2009..Liver biopsies were collected on -12, 10, 24, and 136 DIM for gene expression analysis. Growth hormone receptor (GHR), insulin-like growth factor-I (IGF-I), IGF-binding protein-3 (IGFBP3), hepatic nuclear factor ..
- Studies of gene expression in liver of insulin-like growth factor (IGF)-I, IGF binding protein-3 and growth hormone (GH) receptor/GH binding protein in rats treated neonatally with monosodium glutamateA Kubota
Department of Paediatrics, Hamamatsu University School of Medicine, Japan
Horm Metab Res 26:497-503. 1994..growth factor (IGF)-I, IGF binding protein (IGFBP)-3 and growth hormone (GH) receptor (GHR)/GH binding protein (GHBP) in liver of rats treated neonatally with monosodium glutamate (MSG)...
- Determinants of growth hormone receptor down-regulationLuqin Deng
Department of Cell Biology, Division of Endocrinology, Diabetes, and Metabolism, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, Alabama 35294 0012, USA
Mol Endocrinol 21:1537-51. 2007b>GH receptor (GHR) is a cytokine receptor family member that responds to GH by activation of the receptor-associated tyrosine kinase, JAK2 (Janus family of tyrosine kinase 2)...
- Effects of food deprivation on expression of growth hormone receptor and proximate composition in liver of black seabream Acanthopagrus schlegeliL Deng
College of Life Science, Shenzhen University, Shenzhen 518060, PR China
Comp Biochem Physiol B Biochem Mol Biol 137:421-32. 2004The effects of food deprivation on the hepatic level growth hormone receptor (GHR) were investigated in black seabream (Acanthopagrus schlegeli) both at the protein level (by radioreceptor assay) and at the mRNA level (by ribonuclease ..
- Involvement of hepatocyte nuclear factor-4 in the expression of the growth hormone receptor 1A messenger ribonucleic acid in bovine liverH Jiang
Animal Sciences Research Center, Department of Animal Sciences, University of Missouri, Columbia, MO 65211, USA
Mol Endocrinol 15:1023-34. 2001The GH receptor 1A mRNA (GHR 1A mRNA) is one of the major GHR mRNA variants that differ in the 5'-untranslated region. The GHR 1A mRNA is unique because it is exclusively expressed in liver...
- Divergent evolution in the cytoplasmic domains of PRLR and GHR genes in ArtiodactylaTerhi Iso-Touru
Biotechnology and Food Research, MTT Agrifood Research Finland, Jokioinen, Finland
BMC Evol Biol 9:172. 2009Prolactin receptor (PRLR) and growth hormone receptor (GHR) belong to the large superfamily of class 1 cytokine receptors...
- Reduced levels of thyroid hormones, insulin, and glucose, and lower body core temperature in the growth hormone receptor/binding protein knockout mouseS J Hauck
Department of Physiology, Southern Illinois University School of Medicine, Carbondale, Illinois 62901 6512, USA
Exp Biol Med (Maywood) 226:552-8. 2001..Reductions in these parameters may be important to the underlying mechanisms of delayed aging in these animals...
- Chicken ovalbumin upstream promoter transcription factor II (COUP-TFII) and hepatocyte nuclear factor 4gamma (HNF-4gamma) and HNF-4alpha regulate the bovine growth hormone receptor 1A promoter through a common DNA elementQ Xu
Department of Animal and Poultry Sciences, Virginia Tech, Blacksburg, VA 24061, USA
J Mol Endocrinol 32:947-61. 2004The growth hormone receptor (GHR) 1A promoter is responsible for transcription of the liver-specific GHR mRNA variant 1A in several mammalian species...
- Evidence supporting dual, IGF-I-independent and IGF-I-dependent, roles for GH in promoting longitudinal bone growthJ Wang
Developmental Endocrinology Branch, National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, NIH, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
J Endocrinol 180:247-55. 2004..To test this hypothesis, we compared long bone growth in mice with targeted deletions of Igf1 vs growth hormone receptor (Ghr)...
- Lipopolysaccharide (LPS) directly suppresses growth hormone receptor (GHR) expression through MyD88-dependent and -independent Toll-like receptor-4/MD2 complex signaling pathwaysPrapai Dejkhamron
Department of Pediatrics, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, USA
Mol Cell Endocrinol 274:35-42. 2007..in the intact animal the major surface component of the bacterial cell wall, lipopolysaccharide (LPS), inhibits GH receptor (GHR) gene expression...
- Impact of growth hormone receptor blockade on substrate metabolism during fasting in healthy subjectsLouise Moller
Medical Department M, Medical Research Laboratories, Clinical Institute, Aarhus University Hospital, Aarhus Sygehus, DK 8000 Aarhus C, Denmark
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 94:4524-32. 2009..These models may not adequately reflect the selective effects of GH, and GH receptor (GHR) blockade offers a new model to define the metabolic role of GH.
- Plasma leptin in depressed patients and healthy controlsM Deuschle
Max Planck Institute of Psychiatry, Clinical Institute, , Germany
Horm Metab Res 28:714-7. 1996..suspected to be related to leptin, we also studied cortisol, insulin, growth hormone (GH) and GH-binding protein (GHBP). We found that leptin plasma concentrations did not differ between depressed patients and healthy controls...
- Variants of the 5'-untranslated region of the bovine growth hormone receptor mRNA: isolation, expression and effects on translational efficiencyH Jiang
Department of Animal Sciences, 164 Animal Science Research Center, University of Missouri, 65211 5300, Columbia MO, USA
Gene 265:45-53. 2001The growth hormone receptor (GHR) gene in cattle is expressed as multiple GHR mRNA variants that differ in the 5'-untranslated region (5'-UTR). Three GHR mRNA 5'-UTR variants (named 1A, 1B, and 1C) were isolated in previous studies...
- Expression of growth hormone receptor 1A mRNA is decreased in dairy cows but not in beef cows at parturitionH Jiang
Department of Animal and Poultry Sciences, Virginia Tech, Blacksburg 24061, USA
J Dairy Sci 88:1370-7. 2005....
- Cloning of Atlantic halibut growth hormone receptor genes and quantitative gene expression during metamorphosisJon Hildahl
Fish Endocrinology Laboratory, Department of Zoology Zoophysiology, Goteborg University, Box 436, S 40530 Göteborg, Sweden
Gen Comp Endocrinol 151:143-52. 2007..The cDNA of the full-length GH receptor (hhGHR) was cloned from adult liver and characterized...
- CIDE-A gene expression is decreased in white adipose tissue of growth hormone receptor/binding protein gene disrupted mice and with high-fat feeding of normal miceBruce Kelder
Edison Biotechnology Institute, Ohio University, Athens, OH 45701, USA
Growth Horm IGF Res 17:346-51. 2007..WAT) results in decreased body fat in giant GH transgenic mice and increased subcutaneous fat in dwarf growth hormone receptor/binding protein gene-disrupted mice (GHR -/-)...
- Regulation of human growth hormone receptor gene transcription by triiodothyronine (T3)P E Mullis
Department of Paediatrics, Inselspital, Bern, Switzerland
Mol Cell Endocrinol 147:17-25. 1999..hormone (GH) may have some direct or indirect effect on the regulation of GH-receptor/GH-binding protein (GHR/GHBP) gene transcription was tested. Different concentrations of T3 (0, 0...
- Reduced serum insulin-like growth factor (IGF) I is associated with reduced liver IGF-I mRNA and liver growth hormone receptor mRNA in food-deprived cattleYing Wang
Department of Animal and Poultry Sciences, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, Blacksburg, VA 24060, USA
J Nutr 133:2555-60. 2003..mechanism by determining the effects of food deprivation on the levels of total IGF-I mRNA and total growth hormone receptor (GHR) mRNA, as well as the levels of individual IGF-I mRNA variants and GHR mRNA variants in the liver of ..
- Janus kinase 2 influences growth hormone receptor metalloproteolysisKimberly Loesch
Department of Cell Biology, University of Alabama, Birmingham, Alabama 35294 0012, USA
Endocrinology 147:2839-49. 2006GH signals through the GH receptor (GHR), a cytokine receptor superfamily member that couples to the cytoplasmic tyrosine kinase, Janus kinase 2 (JAK2)...
- Uterine and hepatic gene expression in relation to days postpartum, estrus, and pregnancy in postpartum dairy cowsM L Rhoads
Division of Animal Sciences, University of Missouri, Columbia 65211, USA
J Dairy Sci 91:140-50. 2008The somatotropic axis consisting of growth hormone, the growth hormone receptor (GHR) insulin-like growth factor (IGF)-I, and IGF binding proteins changes with the stage of lactation and nutrition of the cow and may be 1 mechanism ..
- Effects of a lone star tick (Amblyomma americanum) burden on performance and metabolic indicators in growing beef steersD R Tolleson
The University of Arizona, V Bar V Ranch, School of Natural Resources and the Environment, 2657 S Village Dr, Cottonwood, AZ 86326 5875, United States
Vet Parasitol 173:99-106. 2010..1) glucose concentrations. Tick treatment did not significantly (P<0.1) affect growth hormone receptor (GHR) mRNA in liver, but liver tissue from treated animals had numerically lower GHR mRNA than did tissue ..
- Identification of novel sites in the ovine growth hormone receptor involved in binding hormone and conferring species specificityG J Allan
Hannah Research Institute, Ayr, Scotland, UK
Eur J Biochem 261:555-62. 1999Using site-directed mutagenesis we mutated the extracellular domain of the ovine growth hormone receptor (oGHR) to the corresponding amino acids in the rat GHR at two different sites: site A is between Thr28 and Leu34 and represents a ..
- Expression and molecular characterization of the growth hormone receptor in canine mammary tissue and mammary tumorsE van Garderen
Department of Pathology, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Utrecht University, The Netherlands
Endocrinology 140:5907-14. 1999..In the present report, the characteristics of the GH receptor (GHR) are studied in these tissues...
- Growth hormone receptor expression in human colorectal cancerXiaodong Yang
Medical College, Nanjing University, Nanjing, Jiangsu 210093, China
Dig Dis Sci 49:1493-8. 2004The purpose of this study was to determine whether human colorectal cancer (CRC) expresses growth hormone receptor (GHR) and whether growth hormone plays an important role in the development and progression of human CRC...
- Growth hormone receptor gene deficiency causes delayed insulin responsiveness in skeletal muscles without affecting compensatory islet cell overgrowth in obese miceKatie Robertson
Fraser Laboratories for Diabetic Research, Department of Medicine, McGill University Health Center, Montreal, QC, Canada
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 291:E491-8. 2006..These data demonstrate that GH signaling is not required for compensatory islet growth. Thus, in both muscle insulin responsiveness and islet growth compensation, normal levels of GH signals do not seem to play a dominant role...
- Stature in Ecuadorians heterozygous for growth hormone receptor gene E180 splice mutation does not differ from that of homozygous normal relativesA L Rosenbloom
Department of Pediatrics, University of Florida College of Medicine, Gainesville 32608, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 83:2373-5. 1998Heterozygosity for certain mutations of the GH receptor (GHR) gene has been proposed as the cause of partial resistance to GH, and there has been a recent demonstration of a dominant-negative effect of such a mutation in a mother and ..
- Puberty is delayed in male growth hormone receptor gene-disrupted miceDavid E Keene
Department of Physiology, Southern Illinois University School of Medicine, Carbondale, Illinois 62901 6512, USA
J Androl 23:661-8. 2002..These results suggest that the absence of IGF-I secretion delays the normal course of sexual maturation in male GHR-KO mice, indicating that IGF-I plays an important role in the initiation of puberty in male mice...
- Janus kinase 2 determinants for growth hormone receptor association, surface assembly, and signalingKai He
Department of Medicine, University of Alabama, Birmingham, Alabama 35294 0012, USA
Mol Endocrinol 17:2211-27. 2003GH signaling depends on functional interaction of the GH receptor (GHR) and the cytoplasmic tyrosine kinase, Janus kinase 2 (JAK2), which possesses a C-terminal kinase domain, a catalytically inactive pseudokinase domain just N-terminal ..
- The role of the bovine growth hormone receptor and prolactin receptor genes in milk, fat and protein production in Finnish Ayrshire dairy cattleSirja Viitala
MTT Agrifood Research Finland, Biotechnology and Food Research, Jokioinen, Finland
Genetics 173:2151-64. 2006..the QTL effect on chromosome 20 in Finnish Ayrshire can be explained by variation in two distinct genes, growth hormone receptor (GHR) and prolactin receptor (PRLR)...
- Expression of somatotropin receptor messenger ribonucleic acid in bovine tissuesM C Lucy
Department of Animal Sciences, University of Missouri, Columbia 65211, USA
J Dairy Sci 81:1889-95. 1998The somatotropin receptor mRNA is controlled by at least two different gene promoters that generate two variants with different exon 1 sequences (1A and 1B)...
- Expression of two variants of growth hormone receptor messenger ribonucleic acid in porcine liverJ Liu
Department of Animal Science, University of Missouri, Columbia 65211, USA
J Anim Sci 78:306-17. 2000Transcription of GH receptor (GHR) mRNA is initiated from multiple promoters. Most GHR mRNA arise from GHR Promoter 1 (GHR P1) and GHR P2, which transcribe GHR 1A and GHR 1B mRNA, respectively...
- Growth hormone receptor deficiency in mice results in reduced systolic blood pressure and plasma renin, increased aortic eNOS expression, and altered cardiovascular structure and functionE Egecioglu
Departments of Physiology, Sahlgrenska Academy, Goteborg University, Gothenberg, Sweden
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 292:E1418-25. 2007To study the role of the growth hormone receptor (GHR) in the development of cardiovascular structure and function, female GHR gene-disrupted or knockout (KO) and wild-type (WT) mice at age 18 wk were used...
- Growth hormone stimulates hepatic expression of bovine growth hormone receptor messenger ribonucleic acid through signal transducer and activator of transcription 5 activation of a major growth hormone receptor gene promoterHonglin Jiang
Department of Animal and Poultry Sciences, Large Animal Clinical Sciences, 3130 Litton Reaves Hall, Virginia Tech, Blacksburg, Virginia 24061 0306, USA
Endocrinology 148:3307-15. 2007The objective of this study was to determine whether and how GH regulates hepatic expression of GH receptor (GHR) mRNA in cattle...
- A novel Y332C missense mutation in the intracellular domain of the human growth hormone receptor does not alter STAT5b signaling: redundancy of GHR intracellular tyrosines involved in STAT5b signalingMichael A Derr
Department of Pediatrics, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, OR 97239 3098, USA
Horm Res Paediatr 75:187-99. 2011The growth hormone receptor (GHR), upon binding with GH, induces JAK2-mediated phosphorylation of GHR intracellular tyrosines, which then recruit STAT5b...
- The growth hormone receptor (GHR) exon 3 polymorphism and its correlation with metabolic profiles in obese Chinese childrenLingling Gao
Children s Hospital of Fudan University, Pediatric Endocrinology and Inborn Metabolic Diseases, Shanghai, China
Pediatr Diabetes 12:429-34. 2011We investigated the correlation between the growth hormone receptor (GHR) exon 3 polymorphism and the metabolic profiles of Chinese children with obesity.
- Evaluation of the somatogenic activity of bovine placental lactogen with cell lines transfected with the bovine somatotropin receptorW C Warren
Agricultural Sector, Monsanto Company, St Louis, MO 63198, USA
Life Sci 65:2755-67. 1999..in vivo even though binding results clearly indicate bPL does not cause homodimerization of the bovine somatotropin receptor (bST-R)...
- Characterization of the GHR gene genetic variation in Chinese indigenous goat breedsW L Bai
College of Animal Science and Veterinary Medicine, Shenyang Agricultural University, Shenyang, 110161, China
Mol Biol Rep 38:471-9. 2011The aim of the present work was to investigate single nucleotide polymorphism (SNP) of growth hormone receptor (GHR) gene exon 10, characterize the genetic variation in three Chinese indigenous goat breeds, and search for its potential ..
- Detection of two growth hormone receptor mRNAs and primary translation products in the mouseW C Smith
Department of Biology, University of California, Santa Cruz 95064
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 85:9576-9. 1988..mouse liver was translated in a rabbit reticulocyte lysate system containing [35S]methionine, and the growth hormone receptor primary translation products were identified by immunoprecipitation with anti-mouse growth hormone ..
- Amino acid substitutions in the intracellular part of the growth hormone receptor in a patient with the Laron syndromeK Kou
Department of Internal Medicine, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri 63110
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 76:54-9. 1993..DNA cloning we have identified two amino acid substitutions in the intracellular region of the human GH receptor in a child with growth failure and clinical features of the Laron syndrome...
- Effects of a 7-day continuous infusion of octreotide on circulating levels of growth factors and binding proteins in growth hormone (GH)-treated GH-deficient patientsT Laursen
Centre for Clinical Pharmacology, Institute of Pharmacology, Aarhus University, Denmark
Growth Horm IGF Res 9:451-7. 1999..Serum GH binding protein (GHBP) levels tended to be lower after GH and OCT than after GH alone (P =0.10)...
- The human growth hormone receptor gene - characterisation of the liver-specific promoterC A Rivers
Division of Medicine, Bristol Royal Infirmary, University of Bristol, Marlborough Street, Bristol, UK
Mol Cell Endocrinol 160:51-9. 2000Several variants (V1-V8) have been described for the 5' untranslated region of human growth hormone receptor cDNA (Pekhletsky, R.I., Chernov B.K., Rubtsov, P.M., 1992...
- Characterisation of novel missense mutations in the GH receptor gene causing severe growth retardationB Enberg
Department of Molecular Medicine, Karolinska Hospital S 171 76 Stockholm, Sweden
Eur J Endocrinol 143:71-6. 2000..They were shown to have unique missense mutations in the GH receptor gene...
- cDNA cloning and functional expression of growth hormone receptor from soft-shelled turtle (Pelodiscus sinensis japonicus)X Zhang
Shanghai Institute of Biochemistry, Academia Sinica, Shanghai 200031, China
Gen Comp Endocrinol 119:265-75. 2000The growth hormone receptor (GHR) cDNA was cloned from the liver of soft-shelled turtle (Pelodiscus sinensis japonicus) using the polymerase chain reaction (PCR)...
- Growth hormone receptor interaction with Jak proteins differs between tissuesG Hellgren
Research Centre for Endocrinology and Metabolism, Department of Internal Medicine, Sahlgrenska University Hospital, Goteborg, Sweden
J Interferon Cytokine Res 21:75-83. 2001..The growth hormone receptor (GHR) is believed to interact predominantly with Jak2, but studies on cell lines have shown that it may ..
- Novel mutation involving the translation initiation codon of the growth hormone receptor gene (GHR) in a patient with Laron syndromeCelsa Quinteiro
Molecular Medicine Unit, Clinical University Hospital, Santiago de Compostela, Spain
J Pediatr Endocrinol Metab 15:1041-5. 2002..hormone (GH) insensitivity syndrome (GHIS) is an autosomal recessive disease due to molecular defects in the GH receptor gene (GHR). Most of the identified mutations are located on the extracelular domain of the receptor...
- The role of prolactin and growth hormone in mammary gland developmentPaul A Kelly
INSERM Unit 344 Molecular Endocrinology, Faculty of Medicine Necker, Paris, France
Mol Cell Endocrinol 197:127-31. 2002..In GH receptor (GHR) KO mice litter size is markedly decreased, probably due to an ovarian defect...
- Parathyroid responsiveness to hypocalcemic and hypercalcemic stimuli in adult growth hormone deficiency after growth hormone replacementAftab M Ahmad
Department of Diabetes and Endocrinology, Royal Liverpool University Hospital, Liverpool L7 8XP, UK
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 286:E986-93. 2004..These findings may help us to understand the mechanisms underlying the genesis of osteoporosis in AGHD patients...
- Lack of contribution of 11betaHSD1 and glucocorticoid action to reduced muscle mass associated with reduced growth hormone actionEmina Itoh
Division of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Virginia, Box 800466, Charlottesville, VA 22908, USA
Growth Horm IGF Res 14:462-6. 2004..In this study, we measured mRNA levels of 11betaHSD1 and GS in skeletal muscle of GH receptor gene disrupted (GHR-/-) mice and of their age-matched wild-type mice controls to elucidate the physiological ..
- Growth hormone-binding protein is directly and IGFBP-3 is inversely associated with risk of female breast cancerKalliopi Pazaitou-Panayiotou
Department of Endocrinology Endocrine Oncology, Theagenio Cancer Hospital, Thessaloniki, Greece
Eur J Endocrinol 156:187-94. 2007..All components of these hormonal systems have never been jointly evaluated in female breast cancer, and previous studies have not examined the role of IGF-binding proteins (IGFBP-4, IGFBP-6) or GH-binding protein (GHBP).
- IGF-I therapy in growth disordersRon G Rosenfeld
Lucile Packard Foundation for Children s Health, Stanford University, Oregon Health and Science University, 400 Hamilton Avenue, Suite 340, Palo Alto, California 94301, USA
Eur J Endocrinol 157:S57-60. 2007Patients with GH insensitivity, typically resulting from mutations affecting the GH receptor (GHR), GHR signaling cascade, or the IGF-I gene, are, generally, unresponsive to GH therapy...
- Muscle energy metabolism: structural and functional features in different types of porcine striated musclesKorinna Huber
Department of Physiology, School of Veterinary Medicine, Bischofsholer Damm 15 102, 30173 Hannover, Germany
J Muscle Res Cell Motil 28:249-58. 2007..The mRNA expression of glucose transporter 4 (GLUT 4), growth hormone receptor (GHR) and AMP-activated kinase (AMPK) alpha(1) and alpha(2) subunits was studied by semiquantitative ..
- [Significance of the changes of growth hormone receptor mRNA in liver after cardiopulmonary bypass in a rat model]Yong An
Cardiovascular Surgery Center of People s Liberation Army, Xinqiao Hospital, The Third Military Medical University, Chongqing 400037, China
Zhonghua Wai Ke Za Zhi 45:1485-7. 2007To study the significance of the changes of growth hormone receptor mRNA (GHR mRNA) in liver after cardiopulmonary bypass (CPB) in a rat model.
- The extracellular domain of the growth hormone receptor interacts with coactivator activator to promote cell proliferationBecky L Conway-Campbell
Institute for Molecular Bioscience, University of Queensland, St Lucia 4072, Australia
Mol Endocrinol 22:2190-202. 2008The presence of GH receptor (GHR) in the cell nucleus correlates with cell division, and targeting the GHR to the nucleus results in constitutive proliferation and transformation because of increased sensitivity to autocrine GH...
- Early pregnancy alters the metabolic responses to restricted nutrition in sheepC Sosa
Department of Animal Production and Food Science, Veterinary Faculty, Miguel Servet 177, 50013 Zaragoza, Spain
Domest Anim Endocrinol 36:13-23. 2009..We used real time RT-PCR to study gene expression of growth hormone receptor (GHR) and leptin in adipose tissue and GHR, GHR1A and of the insulin-like growth factor I (IGF-I) in the ..
- Development of a novel ligand that activates JAK2/STAT5 signaling through a heterodimer of prolactin receptor and growth hormone receptorJohn Fairbanks Langenheim
Oncology Research Institute, Greenville Hospital University Medical Center, Greenville, South Carolina 29605 4255, USA
J Recept Signal Transduct Res 29:107-12. 2009The objective of this study was to determine if a functional heterodimer of prolactin receptor (PRLR) and growth hormone receptor (GHR) can be formed in humans...
- In vivo targeting of the growth hormone receptor (GHR) Box1 sequence demonstrates that the GHR does not signal exclusively through JAK2Johanna L Barclay
Institute for Molecular Bioscience, University of Queensland, St Lucia 4072, Australia
Mol Endocrinol 24:204-17. 2010..we report the creation of targeted knock-in mice wherein the Box1 motif required for JAK2 activation by the GH receptor (GHR) has been disabled by four Pro/Ala mutations...
- Effect of dietary n-3 polyunsaturated fatty acid supplementation on bovine uterine endometrial and hepatic gene expression of the insulin-like growth factor systemGerard S Coyne
Teagasc, Animal Bioscience Centre, Dunsany, Co Meath, Ireland
Theriogenology 75:500-12. 2011..05); and unchanged for IGFBP-1, IGFBP-4, IGFBP-5 and GHR(total) (P > 0.05). Thus, dietary supplementation of cattle with n-3 PUFA affects transcription of genes involved in IGF signalling, in a tissue dependent fashion...
- Over-stimulation of insulin/IGF-1 signaling by western diet may promote diseases of civilization: lessons learnt from laron syndromeBodo C Melnik
Department of Dermatology, Environmental Medicine and Health Theory, University of Osnabruck, Sedanstrasse 115, D 49090 Osnabrück, Germany
Nutr Metab (Lond) 8:41. 2011..Individuals with Laron syndrome who carry mutations in the growth hormone receptor (GHR) gene that lead to severe congenital IGF-1 deficiency with decreased insulin/IGF-1 signaling (IIS) ..
- Fetal Postnatal Regulation of Expression of the GH ReceptorRam K Menon; Fiscal Year: 2010Expression and function of the growth hormone receptor (GHR) is essential for the action of pituitary growth hormone (GH)...
- Cross-talk between growth hormone and inflammation pathways in kidney damageKaren T Coschigano; Fiscal Year: 2010..To test the first hypothesis, we will induce diabetes in growth hormone receptor/binding protein knock-out (GHR/BP KO) mice, which lack GH signaling, and their non-transgenic (NT) ..
- Stuart J Frank; Fiscal Year: 2014..These studies of the growth hormone receptor investigate the determinants of growth hormone sensitivity at the cellular level...
- Production &Crystallization of Membrane Protein for 3D StructureLawrence J Delucas; Fiscal Year: 2013..protein, CFTR), two GPCRs (chemokine receptor-1, CCR1 and sphingosine- 1 phosphate receptor, S1P) and growth hormone receptor, GHR...
- Dan M Cooper; Fiscal Year: 2016..intervention on the balance between circulating anabolic mediators (insulin-like growth factor-I and growth hormone binding protein) and inflammation-associated cytokines (interleukin-6, and interleukin-1 receptor antagonist), which ..
- The Somatotropic Axis and Health Aging: A Search for MechanismsAndrzej Bartke; Fiscal Year: 2013..Project 2 will produce novel animals lacking the GHR/GHBP gene only in the liver, white adipose tissue or muscle...
- Neurodegeneration in Aging Retarded MiceRoger Albin; Fiscal Year: 2009..responsible for a moderately aggressive phenotype and 2 copies of a null mutation mutation at the Growth Hormone receptor (GHR) locus...
- GROWTH RETARDATION IN CHRONIC RENAL FAILURERobert Mak; Fiscal Year: 2001..Two specific molecular defects in the GH-IGF-I axis have been identified in CRF chondrocytes. Growth hormone receptor(GHR) mRNA (Northern blot) and protein (immunoblot) are both decreased in CRF chondrocytes and may account ..
- MECHANISMS OF ORDERED BINDING OF LACTOGENS AND RECEPTORSCharles Brooks; Fiscal Year: 2002..Current information suggests lactogens may be similar to hGH and the somatotropin receptor where binding is an ordered process...
- Hormonal signals, genome integrity and longevityJan Vijg; Fiscal Year: 2009..we will compare the lacZ mutation accumulation pattern in cells and tissues of these mice with that in Growth Hormone Receptor (GHR)- and IGF-1 receptor (IGF-1 R)- defective mice...
- FETAL/POSTNATAL REGULATION OF GH RECEPTOR EXPRESSIONRam Menon; Fiscal Year: 2000..At the cellular level GH elicits its actions by initially binding to a cell surface protein termed the growth hormone receptor (GHR)...
- GROWTH HORMONE RECEPTORS AND ACTIONSChristin Carter Su; Fiscal Year: 2000..applicant's abstract): The main purpose of these studies will be to analyze in detail the regions of the growth hormone receptor (GHR) and the JAK2 kinase that are activated in response to growth hormone binding, to identify signaling ..
- GROWTH HORMONE RECEPTOR SIGNAL TRANSDUCTIONGerhard Baumann; Fiscal Year: 1992..2) The intracellular domain of the GH receptor will be expressed in both monomeric and dimeric form. It will then be used as an affinity reagent to...
- TYROSINE PHOSPHORYLATION AND GROWTH HORMONE SIGNALINGStuart J Frank; Fiscal Year: 2013DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Growth hormone (GH) initiates biological actions by interacting with GH receptor (GHR), which activates the cytoplasmic tyrosine kinase, JAK2, and signaling molecules including signal transducer and ..
- Thomas L Clemens; Fiscal Year: 2014..These aims employ complementary genetic mouse models and their myoblasts to identify the mechanisms and of action of GH in skeletal muscle and distinguish effects of GH from those mediated by IGF-1. ..
- Tyrosine Phosphyorylation and Growth Hormone SignalingSTUART FRANK; Fiscal Year: 2005..These studies will significantly expand knowledge of GH and cytokine signaling and of biologicallyrelevant crosstalk between cytokine and growth factor signaling systems. ..
- Stuart J Frank; Fiscal Year: 2016....
- Growth Hormone Regulation of SH2-B1Christin Carter Su; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- GROWTH HORMONE RECEPTORS AND ACTIONSChristin Carter Su; Fiscal Year: 2010..was the identification of the tyrosine (Tyr) kinase JAK2 as a receptor-associated signaling molecule for the GH receptor (GHR)...
- THOMAS STERLING SCANLAN; Fiscal Year: 2014..Circulating T1AM is tightly bound to a unique serum binding protein which we have recently identified as apoB-100, the major protein component of low density lipoprotein (LDL)..
- Thyroid Hormone ActionThomas Scanlan; Fiscal Year: 2009..Circulating T1AM is tightly bound to a unique serum binding protein and total T1AM levels are on par with those of total T4...
- GROWTH HORMONE IN PITUITARY AND TESTICULAR FUNCTIONVaradaraj Chandrashekar; Fiscal Year: 2000..To address this issue, pituitary and testicular functions will be evaluated in GH receptor knockout (GHR-KO mice; a model for Laron syndrom) and transgenic mice expressing the human GHRH gene (GHRH mice;..
- MICHAL MATEUSZ MASTERNAK; Fiscal Year: 2014..Aim 3: Determine the function of visceral fat developed in the absence of GH action on insulin signaling in vivo by transplanting visceral fat from GHRKO into normal mice. ..
- Cytokine Regulation of Liver Growth Hormone SignalingLee Denson; Fiscal Year: 2004..an acquired growth hormone (GH) resistance, in which GH secretion is normal, but hepatic expression of the GH receptor (GHR) and synthesis of anabolic target genes including IGF-I is reduced...
- MECHANISMS OF GH RESISTANCE IN SEPSISRobert Cooney; Fiscal Year: 2001..GH insensitivity may be caused by alterations in GH bioavailability, quantitative or qualitative defects in the GH receptor (GHR), postreceptor defects in GHR signal transduction, or by altered expression of GH responsive genes...
- Identification of JAK2 Binding ProteinsTodd Davies; Fiscal Year: 2005DESCRIPTION (provided by candidate): The binding of growth hormone (GH) to GH receptor (GHR) activates JAK2, which phosphorylates itself, GHR, and induces the activation of signaling pathways...
- Cytokine Regulation of Growth Hormone SignalingLEE ARMISTEAD DENSON; Fiscal Year: 2010..We hypothesize that down regulation of the GH receptor (GHR) by TNF inhibits GH signaling in colitis...
- 7th Intl Symposium-Neurobiology/Neuroendocrinology/AgingAndrzej Bartke; Fiscal Year: 2004..We are also seeking support for the presenters of the Special Lecture and the Keynote Lecture who will be traveling to Bregenz from the United States. ..
- Aging:Mechanisms & Prevention:34th Annual Meeting of AGEAndrzej Bartke; Fiscal Year: 2005..Financial assistance will be provided to those in training to encourage their participation in the meeting. ..
- Eighth & Ninth International Symposia on Neurobiology & Neuroendocrinology AgingAndrzej Bartke; Fiscal Year: 2007..We are also seeking partial support for the expenses of invited speakers from the United States. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Creation and characterization of GH binding protein gene disrupted miceJohn Kopchick; Fiscal Year: 2007unreadable] DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): To date, the biological role of growth hormone binding protein (GHBP) remains largely unknown...
- The impact of growth hormone on adipose tissueDarlene Berryman; Fiscal Year: 2006..Visits to the laboratories of the cosponsors will occur as needed. As a model system, I will study a GH receptor/binding protein gene-disrupted (GHR -/-) mouse line previously generated in the Kopchick laboratory...
- Role of KAP expression in the diabetic kidneyKaren Coschigano; Fiscal Year: 2002..Acceptance of the hypothesis could lead to the development of KAP as a therapeutic drug for the prevention of kidney damage. ..
- Growth hormone regulation of IGF-I gene expressionHonglin Jiang; Fiscal Year: 2006..The results of this research should provide a basis for further elucidating the molecular mechanism by which GH regulates IGF-I gene expression. ..
- Mutation Rate Variation Among Human Genomic RegionsWen Hsiung Li; Fiscal Year: 2004..Sequence each of them in chimpanzee, gorilla, orangutan, siamang, baboon and colobus. 4. To conduct statistical analyses of the new and existing data to address the above issues. ..
- ARTHEROSCLEROSIS IN INSULIN-RESISTANT, HYPERLIPIDEMIC P*David Clemmons; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- MOLECULAR COEVOLUTION OF GROWTH HORMONE AND ITS RECEPTORWen Hsiung Li; Fiscal Year: 2002..3. Express GH and GH binding protein (GHBP) cDNAs from various species. 4...
- THE AGING GH AXIS IN POSTMENOPAUSAL WOMENJohannes Veldhuis; Fiscal Year: 2005..An enhanced knowledge base should aid ultimately in formulating more innovative preventive and interventional strategies to limit hyposomatotropism in older and/or estrogen-deficient humans. ..
- NEUROENDOCRINE CONTROL OF ANTERIOR PITUITARY HORMONESRHONDA KINEMAN; Fiscal Year: 2006..The current application centers on the interrelationship between changes in metabolic function and the GH axis. ..
- DIETARY & GENETIC CONTROL OF ROS DAMAGE TO THE LENSNorman S Wolf; Fiscal Year: 2010..These will aid in the search for initiating events and the mechanisms leading up to the cataract formation. ..
- ACTIONS OF ESTROGEN IN MATURING GRAAFIAN FOLLICLESJohannes Veldhuis; Fiscal Year: 2005..Understanding such fundamental interactions is important to the rational design of alternative strategies to interrupt normal and rescue impaired steroidogenesis in the maturing Graafian follicle and corpus luteum. ..
- WILD DERIVED MOUSE STOCKS--NEW MODELS FOR AGING RESEARCHRichard Miller; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- Development of a Novel Method for Inhibiting Atherosclerosis in DiabetesDavid Clemmons; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Ensemble Disruption of the GnRH-LH-Testosterone AxisJohannes Veldhuis; Fiscal Year: 2007..Expected corollary outcomes are enhanced diagnosis, assessment and management of more subtle pathophysiology of the male gonadal axis in puberty and adulthood. ..
- Cis-regulatory motif variants and evolution of gene regulation in yeastsWen Hsiung Li; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- Genetics of Schizophrenia in Oceanic Palau.Marina Myles Worsley; Fiscal Year: 2009..Molecular and fine-mapping studies will identify risk loci. We believe this study is unique among studies of Scz genetics for its population, sample, research team and the novelty of hypotheses and approach. ..
- ENSEMBLE MODEL OF STRESS ACTH-ADRENAL AXISJohannes Veldhuis; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- PREGNANCY ASSOCIATED PROTECTION AGAINST BREAST CANCERFrank Talamantes; Fiscal Year: 2002..All these experimental groups and untreated control groups will be injected with carcinogen and tumor incidence compared. ..
- HUMAN DNA POLYMORPHISM AND EVOLUTIONWen Hsiung Li; Fiscal Year: 2001..The new methods and some existing methods will used to analyze the data to be obtained. The new methods will be accessible on the World Wide Web. ..
- Role of GH deficiency on mitochondrial bioenergeticsHolly Brown Borg; Fiscal Year: 2005..Determining GH-dependent pathways and mechanisms may suggest potential therapeutic interventions to delay aging, treat aging-related disorders and extend life span in humans. ..
- Aldosterone in angiotensin II-induced hypertensionRudy Ortiz; Fiscal Year: 2005..Unlike previous studies, the present study will provide a more comprehensive examination of the renal effects induced by aldo antagonism. ..
- Oleic Acid Effects on Transit and Absorption in SBSCharlene Compher; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- Molecular Mechanisms of Aging: 33rd Ann. Mtg. of AGENorman Wolf; Fiscal Year: 2004..Dr. Bickford has investigated hotel accommodations there and has found that both the Radisson and the Hilton offer excellent accommodations for the meeting. She is negotiating with both. ..
- GENETICS OF AGE SENSITIVE TRAITS IN MICERichard Miller; Fiscal Year: 2003..At best, the program may permit the localization of loci that influence multiple age-sensitive domains and are thus plausible candidates for genes that regulate the rate of aging per se. ..
- Role of growth hormone in prostate cancer: rodent modelsSteven Swanson; Fiscal Year: 2002..Our second aim is to determine whether a functional GH receptor is required for carcinogenesis in mice carrying a simian virus 40 (SV4O) large T antigen (Tag) transgene...
- Evolution of Duplicate Genes at the Genomic LevelWen Hsiung Li; Fiscal Year: 2005..5. To study the mechanisms of evolution of duplicate genes or how duplicate genes evolve following the duplication event. We shall examine various models for the retention and evolution of duplicate genes. ..
- IGFBP5 AND INTEGRINS AND CONTROLLING IGF1 ACTIONSDavid Clemmons; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- FAMILY-GENETIC STUDY OF YOUTH AT RISK FOR SCHIZOPHRENIAMarina Myles Worsley; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Genetics of Longevity and Age-Sensitive Traits in MiceRichard Miller; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Chaperones, ROS systems, & IGF-1:Roles in vascular agingDavid Clemmons; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Alcohol: Direct and Indirect Effects in Drug MetabolismTHOMAS BADGER; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- MECHANISMS BY WHICH IGF-I STIMULATES SMOOTH MUSCLE CELLSDavid Clemmons; Fiscal Year: 2007..The results may suggest novel strategies for interfering with these processes to alter the progression of atherosclerosis. ..
- Analytical Reconstruction of Feedback Signaling in Aging MenJohannes Veldhuis; Fiscal Year: 2008..The present proposal develops a general biomathematical framework for dissecting otherwise observed pathways that control hormone output in aging, stress and disease. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Novel Active Repressor Model of Human LDL-Receptor RegulationJohannes Veldhuis; Fiscal Year: 2008..This would represent a new treatment approach for patients with atherosclerotic disease. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Mechanistic bases for age-related androgen deficiencyJohannes Veldhuis; Fiscal Year: 2007..Knowing why testosterone falls should help foster new and safer ways to prevent the problem. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Function of the PRL Receptor Complex in Breast CancerCHARLES CLEVENGER; Fiscal Year: 2006..Such structure/function analysis of the PRLr isoforms may ultimately provide the basis for novel therapeutic strategies aimed at interrupting the function of the PRL/PRLr complex in human breast cancer. ..
- Regulation of Stat Function in Breast CancerCHARLES CLEVENGER; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Role of growth hormone in breast cancerSteven Swanson; Fiscal Year: 2006..cross the C3(1)/Tag mouse, which spontaneously develops estrogen independent mammary cancers, with either the GH receptor/binding protein knockout mouse or the GH antagonist mouse...
- Methods for predicting therapeutic response to agents acting on the growth hormone receptorPatent Number: WO2004056864-A1; Date:2004-07-08