Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: GREM1
Description: gremlin 1, DAN family BMP antagonist
Alias: C15DUPq, CKTSF1B1, CRAC1, CRCS4, DAND2, DRM, DUP15q, GREMLIN, HMPS, HMPS1, IHG-2, MPSH, PIG2, gremlin-1, DAN domain family member 2, cell proliferation-inducing gene 2 protein, colorectal adenoma and carcinoma 1, cysteine knot superfamily 1, BMP antagonist 1, down-regulated in Mos-transformed cells protein, gremlin 1, cysteine knot superfamily, homolog, gremlin 1-like protein, increased in high glucose-2
Publications203 found, 100 shown here
- Cutting edge: bone morphogenetic protein antagonists Drm/Gremlin and Dan interact with Slits and act as negative regulators of monocyte chemotaxisBo Chen
Basic Research Laboratory, Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute, 1050 Boyles Street, Frederick, MD 21702, USA
J Immunol 173:5914-7. 2004Drm/Gremlin and Dan, two homologous secreted antagonists of bone morphogenic proteins, have been shown to regulate early development, tumorigenesis, and renal pathophysiology...
- Concentrations of dapivirine in the rhesus macaque and rabbit following once daily intravaginal administration of a gel formulation of [14C]dapivirine for 7 daysJeremy P Nuttall
International Partnership for Microbicides, 8401 Colesville Road, Suite 200, Silver Spring, MD 20910, USA
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 52:909-14. 2008..Microautoradiography identified drug-related material (DRM) on the surfaces of the vaginal and cervical tissues of the rabbits and macaques...
- [Dermatomyositis and polymyositis: 21 cases in Senegal]M Diallo
Services Médicaux, Hopital Principal, Dakar, Senegal
Med Trop (Mars) 70:166-8. 2010..Diagnosis of DRM was based on the criteria of Bohan and Peter's in all cases...
- A modified lipid composition in Fabry disease leads to an intracellular block of the detergent-resistant membrane-associated dipeptidyl peptidase IVKatia Maalouf
Department of Physiological Chemistry, University of Veterinary Medicine, Buenteweg 17, 30559, Hannover, Germany
J Inherit Metab Dis 33:445-9. 2010..in Fabry fibroblasts is associated with an intracellular accumulation and impaired trafficking of the Triton-X-100 DRM-associated membrane glycoprotein dipeptidyl peptidase IV (DPPIV) in transfected Fabry cells, whereas no effect ..
- Protein aggregation in inclusion body myositis, a sporadic form among protein aggregate myopathies, and in myofibrillar myopathies--a comparative studyAlexandra Bastian
Colentina University Hospital, Department of Pathology, Bucharest, Romania
Rom J Intern Med 48:377-84. 2010..There are certain similarities between IBM and DRM: midlife or late-onset clinical symptoms, apparently of both sporadic and genetic background, morphologically ..
- Gremlin 1, frizzled-related protein, and Dkk-1 are key regulators of human articular cartilage homeostasisJ C H Leijten
University of Twente, Enschede, The Netherlands
Arthritis Rheum 64:3302-12. 2012..The purpose of this study was to elucidate the molecular mechanism responsible for the difference in the propensity of human articular cartilage and growth plate cartilage to undergo hypertrophic differentiation...
- Elevated levels of gremlin-1 in eutopic endometrium and peripheral serum in patients with endometriosisGuihua Sha
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Peking Union Medical College Hospital, Peking Union Medical College, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences, Beijing, People s Republic of China
Fertil Steril 91:350-8. 2009To examine the expression of gremlin-1 (GREM1) on the levels of messenger RNA (mRNA) and protein in eutopic endometrium and its serum level in patients with endometriosis.
- Evaluation of gremlin 1 (GREM1) as a candidate susceptibility gene for albuminuria-related traits in Mexican Americans with type 2 diabetes mellitusFarook Thameem
Division of Nephrology, University of Texas Health Science Center, San Antonio, TX 78229, USA
Metabolism 58:1496-502. 2009..novel genes that are up-regulated in the kidney in diabetes have been identified including GREM1, which encodes gremlin 1. GREM1 maps to human chromosome 15q12, a region previously found to be linked to albumin to creatinine ratio (..
- Drm/Gremlin transcriptionally activates p21(Cip1) via a novel mechanism and inhibits neoplastic transformationBo Chen
Basic Research Laboratory, National Cancer Institute at Frederick, Bldg 469, rm 102, Frederick, MD 21702 1201, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 295:1135-41. 2002Drm/Gremlin, a member of the Dan family of BMP antagonists, is known to function in early embryonic development, but is also expressed in a tissue-specific fashion in adults and is significantly downregulated in transformed cells...
- The Xenopus dorsalizing factor Gremlin identifies a novel family of secreted proteins that antagonize BMP activitiesD R Hsu
Department of Molecular and Cell Biology, University of California, Berkeley 94720, USA
Mol Cell 1:673-83. 1998Using a Xenopus expression-cloning screen, we have isolated Gremlin, a novel antagonist of bone morphogenetic protein (BMP) signaling that is expressed in the neural crest...
- Suppression subtractive hybridization identifies high glucose levels as a stimulus for expression of connective tissue growth factor and other genes in human mesangial cellsM Murphy
Center For Molecular Inflammation and Vascular Research, Department of Medicine and Therapeutics, University College Dublin, Mater Misericordiae Hospital, Dublin 7, Ireland
J Biol Chem 274:5830-4. 1999....
- The BMP antagonist Gremlin regulates outgrowth, chondrogenesis and programmed cell death in the developing limbR Merino
Unidad de Investigacion, Hospital Universitario Marques de Valdecilla, Santander 39008, Spain
Development 126:5515-22. 1999In this study, we have analyzed the expression and function of Gremlin in the developing avian limb. Gremlin is a member of the DAN family of BMP antagonists highly conserved through evolution able to bind and block BMP2, BMP4 and BMP7...
- IHG-2, a mesangial cell gene induced by high glucose, is human gremlin. Regulation by extracellular glucose concentration, cyclic mechanical strain, and transforming growth factor-beta1R McMahon
Conway Institute of Biomolecular and Biomedical Research, Department of Medicine and Therapeutics, University College Dublin, Mater Misericordiae Hospital, Dublin 7, Ireland
J Biol Chem 275:9901-4. 2000..silico coupled with polymerase chain reaction to demonstrate that IHG-2 is part of the 3'-untranslated region of gremlin, a member of the DAN family of secreted proteins that antagonize the bioactivities of members of the transforming ..
- DRM/GREMLIN (CKTSF1B1) maps to human chromosome 15 and is highly expressed in adult and fetal brainL Z Topol
Intramural Research Support Program, SAIC Frederick, National Cancer Institute, Frederick Cancer Research and Development Center, Frederick, MD, USA
Cytogenet Cell Genet 89:79-84. 2000We have mapped and characterized the human homolog of Drm/Gremlin (CKTFS1B1), a member of a family of BMP antagonists that have been linked to both developmental and transformation-related functions...
- Gremlin is the BMP antagonist required for maintenance of Shh and Fgf signals during limb patterningMustafa K Khokha
Department of Molecular and Cell Biology, University of California Berkeley, 401 Barker Hall, Berkeley, California 94720, USA
Nat Genet 34:303-7. 2003..We tested this model directly by mutating the mouse gene encoding gremlin (Cktsf1b1, herein called gremlin)...
- Expression of gremlin, a bone morphogenetic protein antagonist, in human diabetic nephropathyVincent Dolan
Department of Medicine, The Conway Institute of Biomolecular and Biomedical Research, University College Dublin, Mater Misericordiae University Hospital, Dublin, Ireland
Am J Kidney Dis 45:1034-9. 2005We report the induction of gremlin, a bone morphogenetic protein antagonist, in cultured human mesangial cells exposed to high glucose and transforming growth factor beta (TGF-beta) levels in vitro and kidneys from diabetic rats in vivo.
- The bone morphogenetic protein antagonist gremlin 1 is overexpressed in human cancers and interacts with YWHAH proteinHong Namkoong
Molecular Genetic Laboratory, College of Medicine, The Catholic University of Korea, Seoul 137 040, Korea
BMC Cancer 6:74. 2006..The purpose of our study was to identify an unique gene that shows cancer-associated expression, and characterizes its function related to human carcinogenesis...
- Transcriptional profiling reveals novel markers of liver fibrogenesis: gremlin and insulin-like growth factor-binding proteinsWillem Boers
AMC Liver Center, Academic Medical Center, University of Amsterdam, Meibergdreef 69 71, 1105 BK Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Biol Chem 281:16289-95. 2006..insulin-like growth factor-binding proteins (IGFBP) and antagonists of bone morphogenic proteins: follistatin and gremlin. The induction of these genes was validated in vivo in mice developing liver fibrosis...
- Bone morphogenetic protein-4 inhibitor gremlin is overexpressed in idiopathic pulmonary fibrosisKatri Koli
Department of Virology, Haartman Institute, University of Helsinki and Helsinki University Central Hospital, Helsinki, Finland
Am J Pathol 169:61-71. 2006..b>Gremlin (Drm), a member of the cysteine knot family of bone morphogenetic protein (BMP) inhibitors, functions to ..
- Bone morphogenetic protein antagonist gremlin 1 is widely expressed by cancer-associated stromal cells and can promote tumor cell proliferationJulie B Sneddon
Department of Biochemistry, Stanford University Medical Center, Stanford, CA 94305, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 103:14842-7. 2006..consistently expressed at a higher level in BCC tumor stromal cells compared with those from nontumor skin was GREMLIN 1, which encodes a secreted antagonist of the bone morphogenetic protein (BMP) pathway...
- Expression of gremlin, a bone morphogenetic protein antagonist, in glomerular crescents of pauci-immune glomerulonephritisSergio Mezzano
Division Nephrology, School of Medicine, Universidad Austral, Valdivia, Chile
Nephrol Dial Transplant 22:1882-90. 2007Recent evidence in vitro and in vivo suggests that gremlin, a bone morphogenetic protein antagonist, is participating in tubular epithelial mesenchymal transition (EMT) in diabetic nephropathy as a downstream mediator of TGF-beta...
- Gremlin-mediated decrease in bone morphogenetic protein signaling promotes pulmonary fibrosisMarjukka Myllärniemi
University of Helsinki, Biomedicum A506, P O Box 63, Haartmaninkatu 8, 00014 Helsinki, Finland
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 177:321-9. 2008..We have observed that the BMP antagonist, gremlin, is highly up-regulated in idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis (IPF).
- Common genetic variants at the CRAC1 (HMPS) locus on chromosome 15q13.3 influence colorectal cancer riskEmma Jaeger
Molecular and Population Genetics Laboratory, Cancer Research UK, London WC2A 3PX, UK
Nat Genet 40:26-8. 2008We mapped a high-penetrance gene (CRAC1; also known as HMPS) associated with colorectal cancer (CRC) in the Ashkenazi population to a 0.6-Mb region on chromosome 15 containing SCG5 (also known as SGNE1), GREM1 and FMN1...
- Bone morphogenetic protein 4 inhibits TGF-beta2 stimulation of extracellular matrix proteins in optic nerve head cells: role of gremlin in ECM modulationGulab S Zode
Department of Cell Biology and Genetics, University of North Texas Health Science Center at Fort Worth, Fort Worth, Texas 76107, USA
Glia 57:755-66. 2009..We examined the potential effects of BMP4 and the BMP antagonist gremlin on TGF-beta2 induction of ECM proteins in ONH cells...
- Gremlin is a novel agonist of the major proangiogenic receptor VEGFR2Stefania Mitola
Unit of General Pathology and Immunology, Department of Biomedical Sciences and Biotechnology, University of Brescia, Viale Europa 11, Brescia, Italy
Blood 116:3677-80. 2010The bone morphogenic protein antagonist gremlin is expressed during embryonic development and under different pathologic conditions, including cancer...
- Transient overexpression of Gremlin results in epithelial activation and reversible fibrosis in rat lungsLaszlo Farkas
Departments of Medicine, Pathology and Molecular Medicine, McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol 44:870-8. 2011..b>Gremlin is a bone morphogenic protein (BMP) antagonist, its expression being increased in IPF lungs...
- Gremlin in the pathogenesis of hepatocellular carcinoma complicating chronic hepatitis C: an immunohistochemical and PCR study of human liver biopsiesMaha Guimei
Departments of Pathology, Alexandria, Egypt
BMC Res Notes 5:390. 2012..Our hypothesis was that gremlin, secreted by fibroblasts, inhibited bone morphogenic protein (BMP), which mediates stem cell maturation into ..
- Gremlin is a downstream profibrotic mediator of transforming growth factor-beta in cultured renal cellsRaquel Rodrígues-Díez
Cellular Biology in Renal Diseases Laboratory, Fundacion Jimenez Diaz, Universidad Autonoma, Madrid, Spain
Nephron Exp Nephrol 122:62-74. 2012..In cultured tubular epithelial cells, transforming growth factor-β (TGF-β1) induced Gremlin production associated with EMT phenotypic changes, and therefore Gremlin has been proposed as a downstream TGF-β..
- Enrichment map profiling of the cancer invasion front suggests regulation of colorectal cancer progression by the bone morphogenetic protein antagonist, gremlin-1George S Karagiannis
Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathobiology, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Mol Oncol 7:826-39. 2013..cell progression, coupled to in vitro cell migration assays, we demonstrated that the prominent BMP antagonist gremlin-1 (GREM1) may trigger motility of cancer cell cohorts...
- Gremlin-1 identifies fibrosis and predicts adverse outcome in patients with heart failure undergoing endomyocardial biopsyKarin A L Mueller
Medizinische Klinik III, Kardiologie und Kreislauferkrankungen, Universitatsklinikum Tubingen, Tubingen, Germany
J Card Fail 19:678-84. 2013b>Gremlin-1 (Grem1), an antagonist of bone morphogenetic proteins, is involved in fibrotic tissue formation in kidney and lung. The impact of myocardial Grem1 expression is unknown...
- Interleukin-6 (IL-6) trans signaling drives a STAT3-dependent pathway that leads to hyperactive transforming growth factor-β (TGF-β) signaling promoting SMAD3 activation and fibrosis via Gremlin proteinSteven O'Reilly
From the Musculoskeletal Research Group, Institute of Cellular Medicine, 4th Floor Cookson Building, Framlington Place, Newcastle upon Tyne NE2 4HH, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 289:9952-60. 2014..This is due to induction of the bone morphogenetic protein (BMP) antagonist Gremlin-1, and we show that Gremlin-1 is profibrotic and is mediated through canonical TGF-β signaling.
- TGF-β2 induces transdifferentiation and fibrosis in human lens epithelial cells via regulating gremlin and CTGFBo Ma
Medical School of Xi an Jiaotong University, First Affiliated Hospital of Medical School of Xi an Jiaotong University, Xi an 710061, China
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 447:689-95. 2014Transforming growth factor (TGF)-β2, gremlin and connective tissue growth factor (CTGF) are known to play important roles in the induction of epithelial mesenchymal transition (EMT) and extracellular matrix (ECM) synthesis...
- Lung-selective gene responses to alveolar hypoxia: potential role for the bone morphogenetic antagonist gremlin in pulmonary hypertensionChristine M Costello
School of Medicine and Medical Science, UCD Conway Institute of Biomolecular and Biomedical Sciences, University College Dublin, Dublin, Ireland
Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 295:L272-84. 2008..From one cluster, we confirmed that the bone morphogenetic protein (BMP) antagonist, gremlin 1, was upregulated in the hypoxic murine lung in vivo but was unchanged in five systemic organs...
- DNA methylation-associated inactivation of TGFbeta-related genes DRM/Gremlin, RUNX3, and HPP1 in human cancersM Suzuki
Hamon Center for Therapeutic Oncology Research, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Bld NB, Room 8206, 6000 Harry Hines Blvd, Dallas, TX 75390, USA
Br J Cancer 93:1029-37. 2005..We examined the role of gene silencing via aberrant methylation of DRM/Gremlin and HPP1, which inhibit TGFbeta signalling, and RUNX3, which facilitates TGFbeta-signalling, of all genes that ..
- Regulation of myogenic progenitor proliferation in human fetal skeletal muscle by BMP4 and its antagonist GremlinNatasha Y Frank
Division of Genetics, Children s Hospital Boston, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Cell Biol 175:99-110. 2006..In contrast, the BMP4 antagonist Gremlin, specifically up-regulated in MP cells, counteracts the stimulatory effects of BMP4 and inhibits proliferation of ..
- Rodent adrenocortical cells display high affinity binding sites and proteins for inhibin A, and express components required for autocrine signalling by activins and bone morphogenetic proteinsPaul G Farnworth
Prince Henry s Institute of Medical Research, PO Box 5152, Clayton, 3168 Victoria, Australia
J Endocrinol 188:451-65. 2006..BMP type I (ALK2-7) and type II (ActRII, ActRIIB, BMPRII) receptors, and binding proteins (follistatin, BAMBI, gremlin)...
- Anthelmintic resistance on goat farms in Georgia: efficacy of anthelmintics against gastrointestinal nematodes in two selected goat herdsT H Terrill
School of Agriculture, Home Economics and Allied Programs, Fort Valley State University, Agricultural Research Station, Fort Valley, GA 31030, USA
Vet Parasitol 97:261-8. 2001..4 mg/kg BW), doramectin (DRM; 0.4 mg/kg BW), moxidectin (MOX; 0...
- Expression of gremlin, a bone morphogenetic protein antagonist,is associated with vascular calcification in uraemiaAquiles Jara
Department of Nephrology, School of Medicine, Universidad Catolica de Chile, Lira 85, Santiago, Chile
Nephrol Dial Transplant 24:1121-9. 2009..b>Gremlin, a bone morphogenetic protein antagonist, has been detected in rat aortic vascular smooth muscle cells (VSMCs), ..
- Rapid preparation of nuclei-depleted detergent-resistant membrane fractions suitable for proteomics analysisRosalyn M Adam
Urological Diseases Research Center, Children s Hospital Boston and Department of Surgery, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
BMC Cell Biol 9:30. 2008..Existing methods of isolating DRM-enriched fractions involve flotation of cell extracts in a sucrose density gradient, which, although successful, ..
- Isolation and characterization of lipid rafts with different properties from RBL-2H3 (rat basophilic leukaemia) cellsGalina Radeva
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, University of Guelph, Guelph, ON, Canada N1G 2W1
Biochem J 380:219-30. 2004..b>DRM (detergent-resistant membrane) fractions isolated from cells are believed to represent coalesced lipid rafts...
- Resistance of Cooperia to ivermectin treatments in grazing cattle of the Humid Pampa, ArgentinaC A Fiel
Area de Parasitología, Dpto de Sanidad Animal y Medicina Preventiva, Facultad de Ciencias Veterinarias, U N C P B A Campus Universitario, Paraje Arroyo Seco S N, 7000, Tandil, Argentina
Vet Parasitol 97:211-7. 2001..treated with either ivermectin (IVM), long-acting ivermectin (LA-IVM), moxidectin (MXD) or doramectin (DRM) at a dosage of 0.2mg/kg BW...
- Nucleosides as a carbon source in Bacillus subtilis: characterization of the drm-pupG operonR Schuch
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences Bethesda, MD 20814, USA
Microbiology 145:2957-66. 1999..The characterization of two closely linked loci, drm and pupG, which encode phosphopentomutase (Drm) and guanosine (inosine) phosphorylase (PupG), respectively, is ..
- Seminal plasma proteins regulate the association of lipids and proteins within detergent-resistant membrane domains of bovine spermatozoaJulie Girouard
Centre de Recherche en Biologie de la Reproduction and Département d Obstétrique Gynécologie, Faculte de Medecine, Universite Laval, Quebec City, Quebec, Canada G1V 4G2
Biol Reprod 78:921-31. 2008..several proteins are associated with cholesterol- and sphingolipid-enriched detergent-resistant membrane (DRM) domains...
- Involvement of very long fatty acid-containing lactosylceramide in lactosylceramide-mediated superoxide generation and migration in neutrophilsKazuhisa Iwabuchi
Institute for Environmental and Gender Specific Medicine, Juntendo University Graduate School of Medicine, 2 1 1 Tomioka, Urayasu shi, Chiba, 279 0021, Japan
Glycoconj J 25:357-74. 2008..6% on the total fatty acid content) in the detergent-resistant membrane fraction (DRM) from neutrophil plasma membranes...
- Insights into the role of specific lipids in the formation and delivery of lipid microdomains to the plasma membrane of plant cellsMaryse Laloi
Laboratoire de Biogenese Membranaire, Unité Mixte de Recherche 5200 Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique Université Victor Segalen Bordeaux 2, BP 33076 Bordeaux cedex, France
Plant Physiol 143:461-72. 2007..Here, we show that all DRM preparations are enriched in sterols, sterylglucosides, and glucosylceramides (GluCer) and depleted in ..
- Translocation of activated heterotrimeric G protein Galpha(o) to ganglioside-enriched detergent-resistant membrane rafts in developing cerebellumKohei Yuyama
Biomembrane Signaling Project 2, Tokyo Metropolitan Institute of Medical Science, Tokyo Metropolitan Organization for Medical Research, 3 18 22 Honkomagome Bunkyo ku, Tokyo, 113 8613 Japan
J Biol Chem 282:26392-400. 2007..analysis of cerebellar membranes, Galpha(o), but not Gbetagamma, was observed in detergent-resistant membrane (DRM) raft fractions in which GD3 was abundant after the addition of guanosine 5'-O-(thiotriphosphate) (GTPgammaS), ..
- Resemblance of osteophytes in experimental osteoarthritis to transforming growth factor beta-induced osteophytes: limited role of bone morphogenetic protein in early osteoarthritic osteophyte formationE N Blaney Davidson
Experimental Rheumatology and Advanced Therapeutics, Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Centre, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Arthritis Rheum 56:4065-73. 2007..The purpose of this study was to investigate the respective contributions of TGFbeta and BMP-2 to OA...
- Proteomic analysis of a detergent-resistant membrane skeleton from neutrophil plasma membranesThomas Nebl
Department of Cell Biology, University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester, Massachusetts 01605, USA
J Biol Chem 277:43399-409. 2002..detergent-resistant membrane fragments (DRMs) that exhibit a relatively high buoyant density in sucrose (DRM-H; d approximately 1.16 g/ml)...
- Methylation status of CpG islands in the promoter regions of signature genes during chondrogenesis of human synovium-derived mesenchymal stem cellsYoichi Ezura
Department of Molecular Pharmacology, Tokyo Medical and Dental University, Tokyo, Japan
Arthritis Rheum 60:1416-26. 2009..The purpose of this study was to investigate the CpG methylation status in human synovium-derived MSCs during experimental chondrogenesis, with a view toward potential therapeutic use in osteoarthritis...
- Sortilin and prosaposin localize to detergent-resistant membrane microdomainsMaryssa Canuel
Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology, McGill University, 3640 University Street, Montreal, Quebec, Canada, H3A 2B2
Exp Cell Res 315:240-7. 2009..To test this hypothesis we have analyzed DRM fractions and demonstrated the presence of sortilin and its ligand, prosaposin...
- In vivo delivery of Gremlin siRNA plasmid reveals therapeutic potential against diabetic nephropathy by recovering bone morphogenetic protein-7Qingxian Zhang
Department of Nephrology, Third Hospital, Hebei Medical University, Shijiazhuang, China
PLoS ONE 5:e11709. 2010..Recently, a developmental protein and one of the bone morphogenetic protein antagonists, Gremlin, has emerged as a novel modulator of diabetic nephropathy...
- Comparative distribution of ivermectin and doramectin to parasite location tissues in cattleA Lifschitz
Departamento de Fisiopatologia, Facultad de Ciencias Veterinarias, Universidad Nacional del Centro, Tandil, Argentina
Vet Parasitol 87:327-38. 2000..The aim of this study was to compare the distribution of ivermectin (IVM) and doramectin (DRM) to different tissues in which parasites are found following subcutaneous administration to calves...
- Genetic variation in GREM1 is a risk factor for fibrosis in pulmonary sarcoidosisM Heron
Department of Pulmonology, Center for Interstitial Lung Diseases, St Antonius Hospital, Nieuwegein, The Netherlands
Tissue Antigens 77:112-7. 2011..Pulmonary fibrosis develops in approximately 10%-15% of patients with sarcoidosis. The human gene GREM1 encodes gremlin, a member of the bone morphogenetic protein antagonist family...
- Morphological analysis on the distribution of membrane lipids and a membrane protein, NAP-22, during neuronal development in vitroRyoko Tsuda
Division of Bioinformation, Department of Biology, Graduate School of Science, Kobe University, Nada Ku, Kobe, 657 8501, Japan
J Mol Histol 39:371-9. 2008..and proteins, these MDs are considered to be recovered in a detergent-resistant low-density membrane fraction (DRM) after detergent extraction and density-gradient centrifugation...
- The safety of the dissection of lymph node stations 5 and 6 in pylorus-preserving gastrectomySeong Ho Kong
Department of Surgery, Seoul National University College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
Ann Surg Oncol 16:3252-8. 2009..This study was intended to examine the safety of possibly incomplete dissection of lymph node stations (LNS) 5 and 6 in pylorus-preserving gastrectomy (PPG) for gastric cancer...
- Diet selection in a molluscivore shorebird across Western Europe: does it show short- or long-term intake rate-maximization?Gwenael Quaintenne
Laboratory Littoral Environnement et Sociétés, UMR6250, CNRS ULR, University of La Rochelle 17000 La Rochelle, France
J Anim Ecol 79:53-62. 2010..In the main model developed to explain diet choice under a digestive constraint, the 'digestive rate model' (DRM), time lost to digestive breaks is minimized so that energy intake over total time (searching, handling, digestive ..
- Prevalence of desmin mutations in dilated cardiomyopathyMatthew R G Taylor
University of Colorado at Denver and Health Sciences Center, Denver, Colo, USA
Circulation 115:1244-51. 2007Desmin-related myofibrillar myopathy (DRM) is a cardiac and skeletal muscle disease caused by mutations in the desmin (DES) gene...
- Adjuvant goserelin improves clinical disease-free survival and reduces disease-related mortality in patients with locally advanced or localized prostate cancerH Akaza
Department of Urology, Institute of Clinical Medicine, University of Tsukuba, Tsukuba City, Japan
BJU Int 93:42-6. 2004This article reviews the clinical disease-free survival (DFS) and disease-related mortality (DRM) data from published prospective, randomized trials of goserelin, given alone as adjuvant treatment or combined with a nonsteroidal ..
- Analysis of a spacecraft life support system for a Mars missionM Czupalla
University of Applied Sciences, Aachen, Germany
Acta Astronaut 55:537-47. 2004..This effort was based on the NASA Design Reference Mission (DRM) for the human exploration of Mars [NASA Design Reference Mission (DRM) for Mars, Addendum 3...
- Long-term stability of decontamination effect in recreational areas near the town Novozybkov, Bryansk Region, RussiaV Ramzaev
St Petersburg Institute of Radiation Hygiene, Mira Street 8, 197101 St Petersburg, Russia
J Environ Radioact 85:280-98. 2006..for the reduction in radiocaesium-dependent DR contribution due to contaminant migration (in the following termed 'DRM half-lives') were, respectively, 52+/-26, 57+/-23, 43+/-21, 46+/-15, and 80+/-56 for the following locations: ..
- Identification of protein complexes in detergent-resistant membranes of Plasmodium falciparum schizontsPaul R Sanders
The Walter and Eliza Hall Institute of Medical Research, 1G Royal Parade, Parkville, Melbourne, VIC 3050, Australia
Mol Biochem Parasitol 154:148-57. 2007..Sixty-two proteins were detected and these mostly belonged to expected DRM proteins classes including GPI-anchored, multi-membrane spanning and rhoptry proteins...
- Detergent-resistant membrane subfractions containing proteins of plasma membrane, mitochondrial, and internal membrane originsRonald L Mellgren
Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, The University of Toledo College of Medicine, 3000 Arlington Avenue, Toledo, OH 43614 2598, USA
J Biochem Biophys Methods 70:1029-36. 2008..In contrast, cell disruption using a ground glass tissue homogenizer generated three distinct DRM populations migrating at approximately 10%, 14%, and 20% sucrose, named DRM subfractions A, B, and C, respectively...
- X11 proteins regulate the translocation of amyloid beta-protein precursor (APP) into detergent-resistant membrane and suppress the amyloidogenic cleavage of APP by beta-site-cleaving enzyme in brainYuhki Saito
Laboratory of Neuroscience, Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Hokkaido University, Kita12 Nishi6, Sapporo 060 0812, Japan
J Biol Chem 283:35763-71. 2008..of both mature APP and its beta-C-terminal fragment were shifted toward the detergent-resistant membrane (DRM) fraction, an organelle in which BACE is active and both X11s are not nearly found...
- Biochemical and mechanical dysfunction in a mouse model of desmin-related myopathyAlina Maloyan
Division of Molecular Cardiovascular Biology, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, Ohio 45229 3039, USA
Circ Res 104:1021-8. 2009An R120G mutation in alphaB-crystallin (CryAB(R120G)) causes desmin-related myopathy (DRM)...
- Allelic depletion of grem1 attenuates diabetic kidney diseaseSarah A Roxburgh
University College Dublin Diabetes Research Centre, School of Medicine and Medical Science, University College Dublin, Belfield, Dublin, Ireland
Diabetes 58:1641-50. 2009b>Gremlin (grem1) is an antagonist of the bone morphogenetic protein family that plays a key role in limb bud development and kidney formation...
- Identification of potential markers of oocyte competence expressed in bovine cumulus cells matured with follicle-stimulating hormone and/or phorbol myristate acetate in vitroMourad Assidi
Centre de Recherche en Biologie de la Reproduction, Universite Laval, Quebec, Quebec, Canada G1K 7P4
Biol Reprod 79:209-22. 2008..competence are hyaluronan synthase 2 (HAS2), inhibin betaA (INHBA), epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR), gremlin 1 (GREM1), betacellulin (BTC), CD44, tumor necrosis factor-induced protein 6 (TNFAIP6), and prostaglandin-..
- Differential intracellular transport and binding of verotoxin 1 and verotoxin 2 to globotriaosylceramide-containing lipid assembliesPatty Tam
Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathobiology, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
J Cell Physiol 216:750-63. 2008..gt;90% (125)I-VT1 cell surface bound, or added to detergent-resistant cell membrane extracts (DRM), was in the Gb(3)-containing sucrose gradient 'insoluble' fraction, whereas only 30% (125)I-VT2 was similarly DRM-..
- Cloning of the murine Drm gene (Cktsf1b1) and characterization of its oncogene suppressible promoterQ Zhang
Basic Research Laboratory, National Cancer Institute, Frederick, MD, USA
Cytogenet Cell Genet 89:242-51. 2000..We have now isolated mouse Drm (mDrm) cDNA as well as genomic DNA clones and have mapped the Drm gene (Cktsf1b1) to murine chromosome 2...
- Bone morphogenetic protein-2 and -4 limit the number of enteric neurons but promote development of a TrkC-expressing neurotrophin-3-dependent subsetALCMENE CHALAZONITIS
Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology, Columbia University, College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York, New York 10032, USA
J Neurosci 24:4266-82. 2004..of BMP-2 and BMP-4, BMPR-IA (BMP receptor subunit), BMPR-IB, and BMPR-II, and the BMP antagonists, noggin, gremlin, chordin, and follistatin was found when neurons first appear in the primordial bowel at embryonic day 12 (E12)...
- Oligomerization triggers binding of a Bacillus thuringiensis Cry1Ab pore-forming toxin to aminopeptidase N receptor leading to insertion into membrane microdomainsA Bravo
Instituto de Biotecnologia, Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Mexico, Apdo Postal 510 3, Cuernavaca 62250, Morelos, Mexico
Biochim Biophys Acta 1667:38-46. 2004..242-246), while the oligomeric structure binds APN, which drives the toxin into the detergent-resistant membrane (DRM) microdomains causing pore formation...
- Dynamic partitioning into lipid rafts controls the endo-exocytic cycle of the alphaL/beta2 integrin, LFA-1, during leukocyte chemotaxisMonica Fabbri
Unit of Leukocyte Biology, Vita Salute San Raffaele University School of Medicine, DIBIT Scientific Institute San Raffaele, 20132 Milan, Italy
Mol Biol Cell 16:5793-803. 2005..cholesterol-sensitive pathway involving dynamic partitioning into detergent-resistant membranes (DRM)...
- Assessing the value of the NHIS for studying changes in state coverage policies: the case of New YorkSharon K Long
The Urban Institute, 2100 M Street NW, Washington, DC 20037, USA
Health Serv Res 42:2332-53. 2007....
- Microbial products activate monocytic cells through detergent-resistant membrane microdomainsSlava Epelman
Department of Microbiology and Infectious Diseases, University of Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol 39:657-65. 2008..Because Src kinases are concentrated within cholesterol-containing, detergent-resistant membrane microdomains (DRM) (also called lipid rafts) and DRM act as signaling platforms and amplifiers on the surface of cells, we addressed ..
- Isolation and expression analysis of genes encoding MET, CMT, and DRM methyltransferases in oil palm (Elaeis guineensis Jacq.) in relation to the 'mantled' somaclonal variationAlain Rival
CIRAD, IRD, UMR DIAPC, BP 64501, F 34394 Montpellier, Cedex 5, France
J Exp Bot 59:3271-81. 2008..full-length coding sequences corresponding to three different DNMT families in oil palm, namely the MET, CMT, and DRM classes, have been isolated and characterized...
- Is DRM lipid composition relevant in cell-extracellular matrix adhesion structures?Maria Gabriela Marquez
Instituto de Investigaciones en Ciencias de Salud Humana, Universidad Nacional de La Rioja, La Rioja, Argentina
Cell Adh Migr 2:180-3. 2008..However, such pool of polyphosphoinositides has to be part of a domain of a specific lipid composition to serve as a membrane lipid stabilizing the focal adhesion plaque...
- Mechanisms underlying the production of false memories for famous people's names in aging and Alzheimer's diseaseGaën Plancher
CNRS UMR 8189, Laboratoire Psychologie et Neurosciences Cognitives, Universite Paris Descartes, Boulogne Billancourt, France
Neuropsychologia 47:2527-36. 2009..experimental episodic memory test with material based on the names of famous people in a procedure derived from the DRM paradigm [Roediger, H. L., III, & McDermott, K. B. (1995)...
- IgE receptor-mediated alteration of membrane-cytoskeleton interactions revealed by mass spectrometric analysis of detergent-resistant membranesXuemei Han
Department of Chemistry and Chemical Biology, Cornell University, Ithaca, New York 14853 1301, USA
Biochemistry 48:6540-50. 2009..ionization mass spectrometry to quantify >100 phospholipid (PL) components in detergent-resistant membrane (DRM) domains that are related to ordered membrane compartments commonly known as lipid rafts...
- Generation of antisera to purified prions in lipid raftsRobert Hnasko
USDA Agricultural Research Service, Foodborne Contaminants Research Unit, Albany, CA, USA
Prion 4:94-104. 2010..At equivalent protein concentration a 50-fold increase in detectable PrP(Sc) was observed in DRM fractions relative to crude brain by direct ELISA...
- Echinophilic proteins stomatin, sorcin, and synexin locate outside gangliosideM1 (GM1) patches in the erythrocyte membraneLucyna Mrówczyńska
Department of Cell Biology, A Mickiewicz University, PL 61614, Poznan, Poland
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 401:396-400. 2010The detergent (Triton X-100, 4°C)-resistant membrane (DRM)-associated membrane proteins stomatin, sorcin, and synexin (anexin VII) exposed on the cytoplasmic side of membrane were investigated for their lateral distribution in relation ..
- Multiple functions of ergosterol in the fission yeast Schizosaccharomyces pombeTomoko Iwaki
Department of Life Sciences, Faculty of Agriculture, Kagawa University, Miki cho, Kagawa 761 0795, Japan
Microbiology 154:830-41. 2008..GFP-tagged DRM (detergent-resistant membrane)-associated protein Pma1p localized to the plasma membrane in ergDelta mutants...
- Ouabain-induced isoform-specific localization change of the Na+, K+-ATPase alpha subunit in the synaptic plasma membrane of rat brainKatsutoshi Taguchi
Division of Bioinformation, Department of Biosystems Science, Graduate School of Science and Technology, Kobe University, Rokkodai cho 1 1, Nada Ku, Kobe 657 8501, Japan
Neurosci Lett 413:42-5. 2007..MDs) as signaling platforms, which are recovered as a detergent-resistant membrane microdomain fraction (DRM)...
- Cumulus cell gene expression predicts better cleavage-stage embryo or blastocyst development and pregnancy for ICSI patientsS Wathlet
Follicle Biology Laboratory, Vrije Universiteit Brussel VUB, Brussels, Belgium
Hum Reprod 26:1035-51. 2011..There are, however, important between-patient differences in CC gene expression. These can be compensated when expression results are combined with patient and cycle characteristics using a multiple regression analysis model...
- Delayed radiation myelopathy: serial MR-imaging and pathologyP J Koehler
Department of Neurology, De Wever Hospital, Heerlen, Netherlands
Clin Neurol Neurosurg 98:197-201. 1996..time-dose fractionation schemes and neuropathologic findings of two cases of delayed radiation myelopathy (DRM), are presented...
- Extensive sphingolipid depletion does not affect lipid raft integrity or lipid raft localization and efflux function of the ABC transporter MRP1Karin Klappe
Department of Cell Biology, University Medical Center Groningen, The Netherlands
Biochem J 430:519-29. 2010..Compared with control, DRM/detergent-free lipid raft fractions contain equal amounts of protein, cholesterol and phospholipid, whereas the ..
- Elucidating effective ways to identify and treat malnutritionRebecca J Stratton
Institute of Human Nutrition, School of Medicine, University of Southampton, Southampton General Hospital, UK
Proc Nutr Soc 64:305-11. 2005There is a clear rationale for elucidating effective ways of identifying and treating disease-related malnutrition (DRM), given the physiological and financial consequences of this common condition and its treatability...
- Regulation of Gremlin expression in the posterior limb budSahar Nissim
Department of Genetics, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Dev Biol 299:12-21. 2006..The Bmp antagonist Gremlin is expressed in a domain anterior to the ZPA and is thought to act as a signaling intermediate between Shh and ..
- Active transducin alpha subunit carries PDE6 to detergent-resistant membranes in rod photoreceptor outer segmentsHan Liu
Graduate School of Science and Technology, Kobe University, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 303:19-23. 2003..We have recently found that PDE6 accumulates in a detergent-resistant membrane (DRM) fraction in response to excitation of bovine rod phototransduction system...
- Synaptic proteins and SNARE complexes are localized in lipid rafts from rat brain synaptosomesCarles Gil
Departament de Bioquímica i Biologia Molecular and Institut de Neurociències, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, Cerdanyola 08193, Catalunya, Spain
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 329:117-24. 2005..as a model with which to examine the presence of proteins involved in exocytosis in detergent-resistant membranes (DRM), also known as 'lipid rafts...
- Should food or supplements be used in the community for the treatment of disease-related malnutrition?Rebecca J Stratton
Institute of Human Nutrition, School of Medicine, University of Southampton, Southampton General Hospital, UK
Proc Nutr Soc 64:325-33. 2005Strategies are needed for community-based treatment of disease-related malnutrition (DRM), which is a common debilitating condition that in the UK is estimated to cost > 7 pounds x 10(9) annually...
- The role of seladin-1/DHCR24 in cholesterol biosynthesis, APP processing and Abeta generation in vivoArames Crameri
Division of Psychiatry Research, University of Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland
EMBO J 25:432-43. 2006..In contrast, overexpression of seladin-1 increased both cholesterol and the recruitment of DRM components into DRM fractions, induced plasmin activation and reduced both BACE processing of APP and Abeta ..
- The effect of false memory on temporal perceptionFuminori Ono
Department of Neurophysiology, Juntendo University School of Medicine, 2 1 1 Hongo, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo, 113 8421, Japan
Psychol Res 72:61-4. 2008This study examined the effect of false memory on temporal perception. The Deese-Roediger-McDermott (DRM) paradigm, which elicits false recognition of a nonpresented word, was used to determine whether the perceived duration of falsely ..
- Evidence that nonconscious processes are sufficient to produce false memoriesSivan C Cotel
Department of Psychology, Wesleyan University, Middletown, CT 06459, USA
Conscious Cogn 17:210-8. 2008..memories of a nonstudied event? To investigate this issue, we controlled and measured conscious processing in the DRM task, in which studying associates (e.g., bed, rest, awake...) causes false memories of nonstudied associates (e.g...
- Measles virus M and F proteins associate with detergent-resistant membrane fractions and promote formation of virus-like particlesChristine Pohl
Institute for Virology and Immunobiology, University of Wuerzburg, Versbacher Str 7, D 97078 Wuerzburg, Germany
J Gen Virol 88:1243-50. 2007..M proteins were found to co-float with detergent-resistant membrane fractions (DRM) and this was enhanced upon co-expression of the F protein...
- Elevated extracellular matrix production and degradation upon bone morphogenetic protein-2 (BMP-2) stimulation point toward a role for BMP-2 in cartilage repair and remodelingEsmeralda N Blaney Davidson
Experimental Rheumatology and Advanced Therapeutics, Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Centre, Geert Grooteplein 26 28, Nijmegen, 6500 HB, The Netherlands
Arthritis Res Ther 9:R102. 2007..After 2 days, Ad-BMP-2, Ad-BMP-2 + Ad-gremlin, Ad-gremlin, or a control virus was injected...
- Gremlin localization and expression levels partially differentiate idiopathic interstitial pneumonia severity and subtypeM Myllärniemi
Department of Medicine and Division of Pulmonary Medicine, University of Helsinki and Helsinki University Central Hospital, Helsinki, Finland
J Pathol 214:456-63. 2008..The levels of bone morphogenetic protein (BMP)-4 antagonist gremlin are up-regulated in IPF/UIP...
- Indicators for preventable drug-related morbidity. Practical application in home-based careM M Gianino
Department of Public Health and Microbiology, University of Turin, Turin, Italy
Pharmacoepidemiol Drug Saf 17:501-10. 2008..PDRM indicator system in the Italian Health Care System, especially in the context of home-based health care assistance, so as to assess the reliability of such a system to detect preventable events of drug-related morbidity (DRM).
- Contribution of PIP-5 kinase Ialpha to raft-based FcgammaRIIA signalingEwelina Szymańska
Laboratory of Plasma Membrane Receptors, Nencki Institute of Experimental Biology, 3 Pasteur St, 02 093 Warsaw, Poland
Exp Cell Res 315:981-95. 2009..A fraction of PIP5-kinase Ialpha was detected in raft-originating detergent-resistant membranes (DRM) isolated from U937 monocytes and other cells...
- Effects of moderate drinking during pregnancy on placental gene expressionMartina J Rosenberg
Department of Neurosciences, University of New Mexico School of Medicine, Albuquerque, NM 87131, USA
Alcohol 44:673-90. 2010..deiodinase 2, 11-β hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase 2, placental growth factor, transforming growth factor alpha, gremlin 1, and epithelial growth factor (EGF)-containing extracellular matrix protein...
- TRE17/ubiquitin-specific protease 6 (USP6) oncogene translocated in aneurysmal bone cyst blocks osteoblastic maturation via an autocrine mechanism involving bone morphogenetic protein dysregulationAlan W Lau
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Children s Hospital of Philadelphia and University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
J Biol Chem 285:37111-20. 2010..TRE17 simultaneously inhibits the expression of BMP-4 while augmenting the BMP antagonist, Gremlin-1...
- Organization of NADPH-cytochrome P450 reductase and CYP1A2 in the endoplasmic reticulum--microdomain localization affects monooxygenase functionLauren Brignac-Huber
Department of Pharmacology, Stanley S Scott Cancer Center, Louisiana State University, New Orleans, LA 70112, USA
Mol Pharmacol 79:549-57. 2011..organized in the membrane and to determine whether they are distributed in detergent-resistant lipid microdomains (DRM)...
- Helicobacter pylori-induced tyrosine phosphorylation of IKKβ contributes to NF-κB activationCornelia Rieke
Institute of Experimental Internal Medicine, Otto von Guericke University, Magdeburg, Germany
Biol Chem 392:387-93. 2011..Here we provide evidence that IKKβ phosphorylation is induced in lipid rafts (DRM fractions) of H. pylori-infected cells, but not TNFα-stimulated cells. Furthermore, H...
- Jacqui Smith; Fiscal Year: 2015..Kahneman and colleagues (2004), for example, developed a Day Reconstruction Method (DRM) that integrates the assessment of affective experience with a detailed time diary of yesterday's activities...
- Measuring Health-Related Quality of Life in Older Adults with Chronic IllnessDYLAN MICHAEL SMITH; Fiscal Year: 2009..to memory biases, and a new diary-based approach to measuring quality of life, the Day Reconstruction Method (DRM)...
- AXIS FORMATION IN VERTEBRATE DEVELOPMENTRichard M Harland; Fiscal Year: 2012..We will use mutant alleles of Noggin and Gremlin, which were both discovered and characterized by our lab, and in addition, we will use mutants of follistatin and ..
- Kenneth Yan; Fiscal Year: 2015..By investigating these possibilities, I will develop a greater understanding of the interaction of GSCs with other cells in the tumor microenvironment and define novel therapeutics for anti-GSC based therapies. ..
- PAF Receptor Trafficking and Function in Epithelial CellsTamas Jilling; Fiscal Year: 2010..Preliminary data presented in this proposal shows that disruption of detergent resistant membrane domains (DRM), blocking palmitoylation, or treatment of intestinal epithelial cells with polyunsaturated fatty acids (PUFA) ..
- BMP Regulation of TGF-b2 in the Trabecular MeshworkRobert J Wordinger; Fiscal Year: 2012..of fibronectin (FN) and plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 (PAI-1) secretion by cultured TM cells and (b) gremlin, a BMP antagonist is upregulated in multiple glaucomatous TM cell lines...
- Impaired Protein Degradation Pathways in Cardiac ProteinopathyPatrick M McLendon; Fiscal Year: 2013..provided by applicant): Arg120Gly mutations in CryAB (CryABR120G) can cause desmin-related cardiomyopathy (DRM), which is characterized by accumulation of aggregated desmin and CryAB in the sarcoplasm of cardiomyocytes, ..
- DAVID ALLENBERG KATZENSTEIN; Fiscal Year: 2014..However, incomplete suppression of virus can lead to rapid emergence of significant drug resistance mutations (DRM) that render certain drugs ineffective...
- Xuejun Wang; Fiscal Year: 2016..DRC is the cardiac component of desmin-related myopathy (DRM) which is often caused by genetic mutations...
- Cytoskeleton - Membrane InteractionsELIZABETH LUNA; Fiscal Year: 2009..Detergent-resistant membranes containing this membrane skeleton (DRM-H) exhibit a higher buoyant density than do other cholesterol-rich membrane fractions due to the tight association ..
- A Web-Based Survey of Daily Experienced Well-Being in Older CouplesJacqui Smith; Fiscal Year: 2012..Kahneman and colleagues (2004), for example, developed a Day Reconstruction Method (DRM) that integrates the assessment of affective experience with a detailed time diary of yesterday's activities...
- Richard E Lucas; Fiscal Year: 2015..A less intensive alternative is the Day Reconstruction Method (DRM) in which participants divide their previous day into psychologically-meaningful units and report what they were ..
- STEVEN ALEXANDER VOKES; Fiscal Year: 2016..the Hh and BMP pathways co-regulate target genes, focusing on the regulation the developmentally important gene, Gremlin. This study will transform our understanding of limb development by identifying active Gli enhancers and target ..
- Young Bong Choi; Fiscal Year: 2014..This proposal will thus examine a novel paradigm of virus-host interaction, and potentially provide a basis for future development of novel antiviral agents based on the identified interactions and mechanisms. ..
- William D Crano; Fiscal Year: 2016..model (RAM), which specifies strategies to reduce resistance to persuasion, and the deviance regulation model (DRM), which guides the ways messages should be framed to account for differences in adolescents'perceptions of ..
- Emmanuel Idigbe; Fiscal Year: 2015..Through the analysis of DRM we hope to gain insight that can inform 1L regimen recommendations and increase our understanding of the risks ..
- Nutrient Inhibition of Ras-Rho CrosstalkRobert Hardy; Fiscal Year: 2007..oncogenic Ras activates RhoA by inhibiting Ras induced p190Rho-GAP sequestration in a detergent resistant membrane (DRM) fraction...
- Stress and 5-HT1B autoreceptors in models of anxietyMichael Clark; Fiscal Year: 2004..results showing increased DRN 5-HT1B expression in learned helpless rats, we found 5-HT1B overexpression in DRM increases anxiety behaviors...
- Role of Gremlin in embryonic developmentMustafa Khokha; Fiscal Year: 2006..b>Gremlin is a BMP antagonist that has been shown to be expressed in multiple regions of the developing embryo and appears ..
- Detection and Correction of Errors in Declarative MemoryJennifer Mangels; Fiscal Year: 2003..cognitive strategies to suppress the high rates of false alarms found in tasks such as Deese-Roediger-McDermott (DRM) paradigm, few such strategies have proven successful...
- Genetic and morphological analysis of cell rearrangementRobert Stewart; Fiscal Year: 2004..patterned) gene activity required for this oriented cell rearrangement: a hierarchy of transcriptional regulators (drm-lin-bowl) causes expression of the Drosophila JAK/STAT ligand Unpaired (upd) at the anterior of the hindgut (small ..
- Allostasis and Metabolic Resiliency in Older PeopleLoretta Dipietro; Fiscal Year: 2007..We plan to use a recently-published hybrid method - the Day Reconstruction Method (DRM) - for gathering quantitative information about affective responses to daily life experiences that may be ..
- Selenium genetic variation in selenoenzymes and prostate cancerUlrike Peters; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Genetic variations in calcium and vitamin D related gen*Ulrike Peters; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Role of Visual Cues in StereotypingIRENE BLAIR; Fiscal Year: 2002..The proposed research will advance our understanding of the extent to which feature-based stereotypes may contributed to such disparities. ..
- ACUPUNCTURE IN THE TREATMENT OF DEPRESSIONJohn Allen; Fiscal Year: 2001....
- UTILITY OF MOMENTARY VERSUS RECALLED SELF REPORTSArthur Stone; Fiscal Year: 2004..Finally, the study will provide practical information for researchers using momentary assessment methods. ..
- Dissecting the mechanism of viral RNA recombinationPeter Nagy; Fiscal Year: 2004..Knowledge of recombination promises untold health benefits by providing means to limit virus infections and safer vaccines. ..
- Episodic Memmory in Aging and Alzheimer's DiseaseDavid Gallo; Fiscal Year: 2004..As a whole, these experiments will tease apart age and DAT-related memory deficits, using a variety of tasks, and also investigate how these deficits might be compensated for at encoding and retrieval. ..
- Cognitive Psychology of Traumatic MemoryRichard McNally; Fiscal Year: 2004..g., fantasy proneness, imagery ability) that predict performance in these memory tasks is proposed. ..
- Akt-Regulated Gene Expression in Bladder Smooth MuscleRosalyn Adam; Fiscal Year: 2005..The information obtained from these studies will underpin and inform future studies that will be directed towards elucidation of the mechanism of action of Akt-regulated genes in bladder muscle. ..
- Regulatory Molecules in Enteric Nervous SystemALCMENE CHALAZONITIS; Fiscal Year: 2006..and BMPR II), and the antagonists, chordin, follistatin, noggin, and gremlin. BMPs 2/4 also promote NT-3 responsively and dependence and prevent the natural disappearance of transiently ..
- Host factors involved in viral RNA recombinationPeter Nagy; Fiscal Year: 2006..Knowledge of recombination promises untold health benefits by providing means to limit virus infections and to develop safer vaccines. ..
- Role of an essential RNA chaperone in virus replicationPeter Nagy; Fiscal Year: 2006....
- Hydrogen Peroxide Sensing by Human Endothelial CellsJames Stone; Fiscal Year: 2006..3) Identify and characterize additional protein modifications stimulated by low concentrations of H202, and use this information to establish signaling pathways for sensing H202 in human endothelial cells. ..
- Familial Dilated Cardiomyopathy:Genetic CharacterizationMatthew Taylor; Fiscal Year: 2006..In addition, a diverse collection of consultants has been assembled to provide ongoing expertise that is sensitive to the needs of both the research and career development plans of the candidate. ..
- Associations between perceptual features and information that was never perceivedJason Arndt; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Prognostic Markers for Juvenile Pilocytic AstrocytomasKwong Kwok Wong; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Trait and State Frontal Brain Asymmetry in DepressionJohn Allen; Fiscal Year: 2008..Secondary aims address methodological and treatment-related questions, as well as assessing gender and menstrual cycle effects that may moderate the relationship between frontal EEG asymmetry and depression. ..
- The Association Between Providers' Ethnic/Racial Biases and Hypertension ControlIrene V Blair; Fiscal Year: 2010..By combining the theory and methods of social psychology with those of health outcomes research, this line of work represents an innovative approach to elucidating the causes of a serious public health problem. ..
- BMP-3 Signaling in the Formation and Regulation of BoneVicki Rosen; Fiscal Year: 2009..A better understanding of the influences of BMP3 on the skeleton will allow for the development of novel treatments for musculoskeletal disorders. ..
- Roles of host RNA binding proteins in virus replicationPeter Nagy; Fiscal Year: 2008..The tractable in vitro and in vivo TBSV system developed by the investigator could prove beneficial to studies of other, less amenable RNA viruses. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Relational Memory and Aging: Role of Prefrontal LobeRoberto Cabeza; Fiscal Year: 2009..Taken together, the results of these studies will clarify the neural correlates of age-related deficits in RM and will have important implications for the promotion of health. ..
- Genetic Association Study in African-American Colorectal Cancer PatientsSONIA KUPFER; Fiscal Year: 2008..The goal of our study is to better understand hereditary factors that increase risk especially in African-Americans who have the highest incidence and death from this cancer. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Ecological validity in patient-reported chronic disease outcomes(RMI)Arthur Stone; Fiscal Year: 2008....
- Somatomedin: Autologous Regulator of Bone FormationErnesto Canalis; Fiscal Year: 2008..These investigations should clarify the role of CHOP in bone cell differentiation and function. [unreadable] [unreadable]..