Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: GPRC5B
Description: G protein-coupled receptor class C group 5 member B
Alias: RAIG-2, RAIG2, G-protein coupled receptor family C group 5 member B, G protein-coupled receptor, family C, group 1, member B, retinoic acid responsive gene protein, retinoic acid-induced gene 2 protein
- The effect of glutamate on ghrelin release in miceRakhi Chacrabati
Area of Regulatory Biology, Division of Life Science, Graduate School of Science and Engineering, Saitama University, 255 Shimo ohkubo, Sakuraku, Saitama 338 8570, Japan
Cell Biol Int . 2017..Treatment with siRNA of G protein-coupled receptor, family C, group 5, member B (GPRC5B) in ghrelin-producing cell lines completely blocked the effect of glutamate-induced ghrelin suppression...
- Adaptor Protein CD2AP and L-type Lectin LMAN2 Regulate Exosome Cargo Protein Trafficking through the Golgi ComplexSang Ho Kwon
From the Department of Medicine, Division of Nephrology, Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, South Carolina 29425
J Biol Chem 291:25462-25475. 2016..Using an inducible expression system for the exosome cargo protein GPRC5B and following its trafficking trajectory, we show here that newly synthesized GPRC5B protein accumulates in the ..
- UGT2B4 previously implicated in the risk of breast cancer is associated with menarche timing in Ukrainian femalesAnna Yermachenko
School of Biological Sciences, The University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong SAR, PR China Electronic address
Gene 590:85-9. 2016..Polymorphisms rs7589318 in POMC, rs11724758 in FABP2, rs7753051 in IGF2R, rs2288696 in FGFR1 and rs12444979 in GPRC5B may also contribute to menarche timing...
- Unraveling the Rat Intestine, Spleen and Liver Genome-Wide Transcriptome after the Oral Administration of Lavender Oil by a Two-Color Dye-Swap DNA Microarray ApproachHiroko Kubo
Department of Anatomy I, Showa University School of Medicine, Shinagawa, Tokyo, Japan Oriental Aromatherapy College, Katsushika, Tokyo, Japan
PLoS ONE 10:e0129951. 2015..Further IPA analysis in particular unraveled the presence of novel genes, such as Papd4, Or8k5, Gprc5b, Taar5, Trpc6, Pld2 and Onecut3 (up-regulated top molecules) and Tnf, Slc45a4, Slc25a23 and Samt4 (down-regulated ..
- Genetic variation at the CELF1 (CUGBP, elav-like family member 1 gene) locus is genome-wide associated with Alzheimer's disease and obesityAnke Hinney
Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Psychotherapy, and Psychosomatics, Universitatsklinikum Essen, University of Duisburg Essen, Essen, Germany
Am J Med Genet B Neuropsychiatr Genet 165:283-93. 2014..20 × 10(-07)), was also associated with obesity (SNP at IQCK/GPRC5B; pBMI = 5.21 × 10(-06) ; pcorr = 3.24 × 10(-04))...
- G protein-coupled receptor, family C, group 5 (GPRC5B) downregulation in spinal cord neurons is involved in neuropathic painHyung Joo Chung
Department of Anesthesiology and Pain Medicine, Kosin University College of Medicine, Busan, Korea
Korean J Anesthesiol 66:230-6. 2014G protein-coupled receptor, family C, group 5 (GPRC5B), a retinoic acid-inducible orphan G-protein-coupled receptor (GPCR), is a member of the group C metabotropic glutamate receptor family proteins presumably related in non-canonical Wnt ..
- Intercellular transfer of GPRC5B via exosomes drives HGF-mediated outward growthSang Ho Kwon
Department of Anatomy, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
Curr Biol 24:199-204. 2014..We report that GPRC5B, an orphan G protein coupled receptor, is in exosomes produced by HGF-treated cysts and released into the cyst ..
- Proteomic identification of exosomal LRG1: a potential urinary biomarker for detecting NSCLCYanyan Li
College of Pharmacy, Chongqing Medical University, Chongqing, P R China
Electrophoresis 32:1976-83. 2011..The LRG1 was found to be expressed at higher levels in urinary exosomes and lung tissue of NSCLC patients. These results suggested that LRG1 may be a candidate biomarker for non-invasive diagnosis of NSCLC in urine...
- Comprehensive regional and temporal gene expression profiling of the rat brain during the first 24 h after experimental stroke identifies dynamic ischemia-induced gene expression patterns, and reveals a biphasic activation of genes in surviving tissueMattias Rickhag
Laboratory for Experimental Brain Research, Wallenberg Neuroscience Center, University of Lund, Lund, Sweden
J Neurochem 96:14-29. 2006..e. MAP2K7, Sprouty2, Irs-2, Homer1, GPRC5B, Grasp)...
- The G protein-coupled receptor GPRC5B contributes to neurogenesis in the developing mouse neocortexNobuhiro Kurabayashi
Molecular Genetics Research Laboratory, Graduate School of Science, The University of Tokyo, Hongo 7 3 1, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 0033, Japan
Development 140:4335-46. 2013..Here we show that GPRC5B, which encodes an orphan G protein-coupled receptor, is present in the ventricular surface of cortical progenitors ..
- An mRNA atlas of G protein-coupled receptor expression during primary human monocyte/macrophage differentiation and lipopolysaccharide-mediated activation identifies targetable candidate regulators of inflammationDaniel M Hohenhaus
Institute for Molecular Bioscience, The University of Queensland, Brisbane, QLD 4072, Australia Australian Infectious Disease Research Centre, The University of Queensland, Brisbane, QLD 4072, Australia
Immunobiology 218:1345-53. 2013..g. gprc5a, gprc5b)...
- GPRC5B activates obesity-associated inflammatory signaling in adipocytesYeon Jeong Kim
Laboratory for Molecular Membrane Neuroscience, RIKEN Brain Science Institute, Hirosawa 2 1, Wako Shi, Saitama 351 0198, Japan
Sci Signal 5:ra85. 2012..strong correlation between body mass index and the presence of a 21-kb copy number variation upstream of the human GPRC5B gene; however, the functional role of GPRC5B in obesity remains unknown...
- Common obesity risk alleles in childhood attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorderOzgür Albayrak
Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Psychotherapy and Psychosomatics, LVR Klinikum Essen, University of Duisburg Essen, D 45147 Essen, Germany
Am J Med Genet B Neuropsychiatr Genet 162:295-305. 2013..4 × 10(-4) ; Pcorr = 0.01). In the meta-analysis data we found rs6497416 in the intronic region of the GPRC5B gene (G protein-coupled receptor, family C, group 5, member B; P = 7.2 × 10(-4) ; Pcorr = 0...
- Comparative characterization of GPRC5B and GPRC5CLacZ knockin mice; behavioral abnormalities in GPRC5B-deficient miceTakamitsu Sano
Laboratory for Molecular Membrane Neuroscience, Brain Science Institute, RIKEN, Wako Shi, Saitama 351 0198, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 412:460-5. 2011Although GPRC5B and GPRC5C are categorized into the G protein-coupled receptor family C, including glutamate receptors, GABA receptors, and taste receptors, their physiological functions remain unknown...
- Sequence and expression pattern of a novel human orphan G-protein-coupled receptor, GPRC5B, a family C receptor with a short amino-terminal domainH Brauner-Osborne
NeuroScience PharmaBiotec Research Centre, Department of Medical Chemistry, The Royal Danish School of Pharmacy, 2 Universitetsparken, Copenhagen, DK 2100, Denmark
Genomics 65:121-8. 2000..The transcript, entitled GPRC5B, was cloned from an expressed sequence tag clone that contained the entire open reading frame of the transcript ..
- Association analyses of 249,796 individuals reveal 18 new loci associated with body mass indexElizabeth K Speliotes
Metabolism Initiative and Program in Medical and Population Genetics, Broad Institute, Cambridge, Massachusetts, USA
Nat Genet 42:937-48. 2010..new loci associated with body mass index (P < 5 × 10⁻⁸), one of which includes a copy number variant near GPRC5B. Some loci (at MC4R, POMC, SH2B1 and BDNF) map near key hypothalamic regulators of energy balance, and one of ..
- A flanking gene problem leads to the discovery of a Gprc5b splice variant predominantly expressed in C57Bl/6J mouse brain and in maturing neuronsBethany H Cool
Department of Pathology, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington, USA
PLoS ONE 5:e10351. 2010b>Gprc5b, a retinoic acid-inducible orphan G protein-coupled receptor (GPCR), is a member of the group C metabotropic glutamate receptor family proteins possibly involved in non-canonical Wnt signaling...
- Anatomical and histological profiling of orphan G-protein-coupled receptor expression in gastrointestinal tract of C57BL/6J miceJunko Ito
Departments of Metabolic Disorder Research, Tsukuba Research Institute, Banyu Pharmaceutical, Okubo 3, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 300 2611, Japan
Cell Tissue Res 338:257-69. 2009..GPR85, GPR37, GPR37L1, brain-specific angiogenesis inhibitor (BAI) 1, BAI2, BAI3, and GPRC5B mRNAs were preferentially expressed in the muscle-myenteric nerve layer, similar to GPCRs that are expressed in ..
- Changes in expression and localization of GPRC5B and RARalpha in the placenta and yolk sac during middle to late gestation in miceSatoshi Imanishi
Health Risk Research Section, Research Center for Environmental Risk, National Institute for Environmental Studies, Tsukuba, Japan
J Reprod Dev 53:1131-6. 2007The mRNA expression of GPRC5B, an orphan G protein-coupled receptor, is induced by retinoic acid (RA)...
- Retinoic acid-inducible G protein-coupled receptors bind to frizzled receptors and may activate non-canonical Wnt signalingYuko Harada
Neurobiology Program, Children s Hospital Boston, Department of Neurology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 358:968-75. 2007..RAIG proteins are seven-pass transmembrane receptors, and Xenopus RAIG2, 3, and 4 are expressed in early gastrula...
- The RAIG family member, GPRC5D, is associated with hard-keratinized structuresShinichi Inoue
Tsukuba Research Institute, Banyu Pharmaceutical Co, Ltd, Tsukuba, Ibaraki, Japan
J Invest Dermatol 122:565-73. 2004..Three highly homologous oGPCR (GPRC5B, GPRC5C, and GPRC5D) have since been classified into the RAIG1 family...
- Localisation of the GPRC5B receptor in the rat brain and spinal cordMelanie J Robbins
Department of Schizophrenia and BPD, Psychiatry CEDD, GlaxoSmithKline Pharmaceuticals, New Frontiers Science Park North, Third Avenue, Harlow, Essex CM19 5AW, UK
Brain Res Mol Brain Res 106:136-44. 2002..a novel subfamily of closely related orphan G protein-coupled receptors (GPCRs) was identified, called GPRC5A, GPRC5B, GPRC5C and GPRC5D...
- Cloning and characterization of a human orphan family C G-protein coupled receptor GPRC5DH Brauner-Osborne
NeuroScience PharmaBiotec Research Centre, Department of Medicinal Chemistry, Royal Danish School of Pharmacy, 2 Universitetsparken, DK 2100 Copenhagen, Denmark
Biochim Biophys Acta 1518:237-48. 2001Recently three orphan G-protein coupled receptors, RAIG1, GPRC5B and GPRC5C, with homology to members of family C (metabotropic glutamate receptor-like) have been identified...
- Molecular cloning and characterization of two novel retinoic acid-inducible orphan G-protein-coupled receptors (GPRC5B and GPRC5C)M J Robbins
Neuroscience Research, SmithKline Beecham, Harlow, Essex, United Kingdom
Genomics 67:8-18. 2000..receptor sequence from Caenorhabditis elegans, two novel protein sequences (named RAIG-2 (HGMW-approved symbol GPRC5B) and RAIG-3 (HGMW-approved symbol GPRC5C) were identified containing seven putative transmembrane domains ..