Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: GOT1
Description: glutamic-oxaloacetic transaminase 1
Alias: AST1, ASTQTL1, GIG18, cAspAT, cCAT, aspartate aminotransferase, cytoplasmic, aspartate aminotransferase 1, aspartate transaminase 1, cysteine aminotransferase, cytoplasmic, cysteine transaminase, cytoplasmic, glutamate oxaloacetate transaminase 1, glutamic-oxaloacetic transaminase 1, soluble, growth-inhibiting protein 18, testis secretory sperm-binding protein Li 196a, transaminase A
Publications113 found, 100 shown here
- The population distributions, upper normal limits and correlations between liver tests among Australian adolescentsJacob George
Storr Liver Unit, Westmead Millennium Institute, University of Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
J Paediatr Child Health 44:579-85. 2008..The purpose of this study was to describe the distributions of liver tests, to identify the upper normal limits (UNLs) and to describe the correlations among liver tests...
- Human recombinant glutamate oxaloacetate transaminase 1 (GOT1) supplemented with oxaloacetate induces a protective effect after cerebral ischemiaM Pérez-Mato
Department of Neurology, Neurovascular ARea, Clinical Neurosciences Research Laboratory, Hospital Clinico Universitario, Health Research Institute of Santiago de Compostela IDIS, University of Santiago de Compostela, Santiago de Compostela, Spain
Cell Death Dis 5:e992. 2014..b>Glutamate oxaloacetate transaminase 1 (GOT1) activation by means of oxaloacetate administration has been used to reduce the glutamate ..
- Elevated serum transaminase activities were associated with increased serum levels of iron regulatory hormone hepcidin and hyperferritinemia riskPeng An
State Key Laboratory of Bioreactor Engineering, East China University of Science and Technology, Shanghai 200237, China
Sci Rep 5:13106. 2015..Additional studies are warranted to validate these findings and test their potential clinical relevance in patients. ..
- Mechanical stretching stimulates collagen synthesis via down-regulating SO2/AAT1 pathwayJia Liu
Department of Pediatrics, Peking University First Hospital, Beijing 100034, P R China
Sci Rep 6:21112. 2016The aim of the study was to investigate the role of endogenous sulfur dioxide (SO2)/ aspartate aminotransferase 1 (AAT1) pathway in stretch-induced excessive collagen expression and its mechanism...
- Identification of Genes That Modulate Susceptibility to Formaldehyde and Imatinib by Functional Genomic Screening in Human Haploid KBM7 CellsHua Shen
Superfund Research Program, School of Public Health, University of California, Berkeley, California 94720
Toxicol Sci 151:10-22. 2016..conducted on KBM7 mutants lacking each of the 18 genes confirmed resistance of 6 FA mutants (CTC1, FCRLA, GOT1, LPR5, M1AP, and MAP2K5) and 1 imatinib-resistant mutant (LYRM9)...
- Enhancing doxorubicin efficacy through inhibition of aspartate transaminase in triple-negative breast cancer cellsYong Yang
Institute of Metabolic Disease Research and Drug Development, China Medical University, Shenyang, Liaoning 110122, People s Republic of China Electronic address
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 473:1295-300. 2016Triple-negative breast cancer (TNBC) cell lines are identified to overexpress aspartate transaminase (GOT1), which can potentially control the intracellular levels of reactive oxygen species (ROS) through NADPH synthesis and enhances ..
- LRH-1-dependent programming of mitochondrial glutamine processing drives liver cancerPan Xu
Metabolic Signaling, Institute of Bioengineering, Ecole Polytechnique Federale de Lausanne, CH 1015 Lausanne, Switzerland
Genes Dev 30:1255-60. 2016..on the mitochondrial and cytosolic transaminases glutamate pyruvate transaminase 2 (GPT2) and glutamate oxaloacetate transaminase 1 (GOT1), which fuel anabolic metabolism...
- The HDM2 (MDM2) Inhibitor NVP-CGM097 Inhibits Tumor cell Proliferation and Shows Additive Effects with 5-Fluorouracil on the p53 - p21 - Rb - E2F1 Cascade in the p53wildtype Neuroendocrine Tumor Cell Line GOT1Clemens Reuther
Department of Internal Medicine II, Campus Grosshadern, University Hospital, Ludwig Maximilians University of Munich, Munich, Germany
Neuroendocrinology . 2016
- Toxic hepatitis induced by a herbal medicine: Tinospora crispaJ Langrand
Centre antipoison de Paris, AP HP Hôpital Lariboisière, Paris, France Université Paris Diderot, Sorbonne Paris Cité, France Electronic address
Phytomedicine 21:1120-3. 2014..The use of herbal medicines containing Tinospora crispa can induce toxic hepatitis. Recovery can be complete after discontinuation. This case highlights the risk associated with traditional herbal remedies...
- Reference intervals for total bilirubin, ALT, AST and creatinine in healthy Chinese elderlyGuo Ming Zhang
Laboratory, Shuyang People s Hospital, Shuyang, China mainland
Med Sci Monit 20:1778-82. 2014....
- Whole genome transcript profiling of drug induced steatosis in rats reveals a gene signature predictive of outcomeNishika Sahini
Centre for Pharmacology and Toxicology, Hannover Medical School, Hannover, Germany
PLoS ONE 9:e114085. 2014..Importantly, the present study defined 9 genes (ANGPTL4, FABP7, FADS1, FGF21, GOT1, LDLR, GK, STAT3, and PKLR) as signature genes to predict DIS...
- Serum aminotransferases in nonalcoholic fatty liver disease are a signature of liver metabolic perturbations at the amino acid and Krebs cycle levelSilvia Sookoian
Departments of Clinical and Molecular Hepatology and
Am J Clin Nutr 103:422-34. 2016..Extensive epidemiologic studies have shown that cardiovascular disease and the metabolic syndrome (MetS) are associated with serum concentrations of liver enzymes; however, fundamental characteristics of this relation are currently unknown...
- Cyclooxygenase-2 expression is associated with elevated aspartate aminotransferase level in hepatocellular carcinomaEman A Bayomi
Technology of Medical Laboratory Department, College of Applied Medical Sciences, Misr University for Science and Technology, Cairo, Egypt
J Cancer Res Ther 11:786-92. 2015..However, its clinical significance in HCC remains obscure. The aim of our study was to evaluate COX-2 expression in HCC and correlate its expression to both clinicopathological parameters and patients survival...
- A new post-intoxication treatment of paraoxon and parathion poisonings using an evolved PON1 variant and recombinant GOT1Moshe Goldsmith
Department of Biomolecular Sciences, Weizmann Institute of Science, Rehovot 76100, Israel Electronic address
Chem Biol Interact 259:242-251. 2016..results regarding the utilization of this PON1 variant together with a recombinant human enzyme glutamate oxaloacetate transaminase 1 (rGOT1), suggesting that a dual PON-GOT treatment may increase survival and recovery from ..
- Association of the Aspartate Aminotransferase to Alanine Aminotransferase Ratio with BNP Level and Cardiovascular Mortality in the General Population: The Yamagata Study 10-Year Follow-UpMiyuki Yokoyama
Department of Cardiology, Pulmonology, and Nephrology, Yamagata University School of Medicine, Yamagata, Japan
Dis Markers 2016:4857917. 2016..Measuring the AST/ALT ratio during routine health check-ups may be a simple and cost-effective marker for cardiovascular mortality...
- Prediction of key genes and miRNAs responsible for loss of muscle force in patients during an acute exacerbation of chronic obstructive pulmonary diseaseYanhong Duan
Department of Respiratory Medicine, Qingpu Branch of Zhongshan Hospital, Fudan University, Shanghai 201700, P R China
Int J Mol Med 38:1450-1462. 2016..Among them, NCL, GOT1, TMOD1, TSPO, SOD2, NCL and PA2G4 were observed in the modules consisting of upregulated or downregulated genes...
- Priming increases the anti-tumor effect and therapeutic window of 177Lu-octreotate in nude mice bearing human small intestine neuroendocrine tumor GOT1Johanna Dalmo
Department of Radiation Physics, Institute of Clinical Sciences, Sahlgrenska Cancer Center, Sahlgrenska Academy, University of Gothenburg, SE 413 45, Gothenburg, Sweden
EJNMMI Res 7:6. 2017..24 h later by a second injection of 177Lu-octreotate compared to a single administration of 177Lu-octreotate, performed on the human small intestine neuroendocrine tumor cell line, GOT1, transplanted to nude mice.
- Exercise training increases electron and substrate shuttling proteins in muscle of overweight men and women with the metabolic syndromeDustin S Hittel
Research Center for Genetic Medicine, Children s National Medical Center, 111 Michigan Avenue NW, Washington, DC 20010, USA
J Appl Physiol 98:168-79. 2005..We found coordinate regulation of key metabolic enzymes with aerobic training in metabolic syndrome (aspartate aminotransferase 1, lactate dehydrogenase B, and pyruvate dehydrogenase-alpha(1))...
- Fusion of ETV6 to GOT1 in a case with myelodysplastic syndrome and t(10;12)(q24;p13)Hilde Janssen
Department of Human Genetics, Flanders Interuniversity Institute for Biotechnology, University of Leuven, Leuven, Belgium
Haematologica 91:949-51. 2006..Our results show that the t(10;12) results in the generation of an in-frame fusion between ETV6 and GOT1, a gene encoding a cytosolic glutamic-oxaloacetic transaminase enzyme...
- Independent and supra-additive effects of alcohol consumption, cigarette smoking, and metabolic syndrome on the elevation of serum liver enzyme levelsEun Young Park
National Cancer Control Institute, National Cancer Center, Goyang, Republic of Korea
PLoS ONE 8:e63439. 2013..To prevent fatty liver disease and other related diseases, a multifactorial prevention strategy that includes limited alcohol consumption, smoking cessation and rectification of adverse metabolic profiles is required...
- The novel somatostatin receptor 2/dopamine type 2 receptor chimeric compound BIM-23A758 decreases the viability of human GOT1 midgut carcinoid cellsKathrin Zitzmann
Department of Internal Medicine II, University Hospital Campus Grosshadern, Ludwig Maximilians University, Munich, Germany
Neuroendocrinology 98:128-36. 2013..cells (BON1 and NCI-H727), BIM-23A758 induced significant antitumor effects in human midgut carcinoid cells (GOT1)...
- Potent antitumor activity of the novel HSP90 inhibitors AUY922 and HSP990 in neuroendocrine carcinoid cellsKathrin Zitzmann
Department of Internal Medicine II Campus Grosshadern, University Hospital, Ludwig Maximilians University of Munich, D 81377 Munich, Germany
Int J Oncol 43:1824-32. 2013..Treatment of human pancreatic BON1, bronchopulmonary NCI-H727 and midgut carcinoid GOT1 neuroendocrine tumor cells with increasing concentrations of AUY922 and HSP990 dose-dependently suppressed cell ..
- Genome-wide association study of liver enzymes in korean childrenTae Joon Park
Division of Structural and Functional Genomics, Center for Genome Science, Korea National Institute of Health, Cheongwon 363 951, Korea
Genomics Inform 11:149-54. 2013....
- Altered hepatic sulfur metabolism in cystathionine β-synthase-deficient homocystinuria: regulatory role of taurine on competing cysteine oxidation pathwaysHua Jiang
Department of Pediatrics and
FASEB J 28:4044-54. 2014..Expression of the cytoplasmic (GOT1) and mitochondrial (GOT2) isoforms of glutamic-oxaloacetic transaminase were repressed in HCU animals by 86 and 30%,..
- Endogeous sulfur dioxide protects against oleic acid-induced acute lung injury in association with inhibition of oxidative stress in ratsSiyao Chen
Department of Pediatrics, Peking University First Hospital, Beijing, China
Lab Invest 95:142-56. 2015..OA-induced ALI rats showed a markedly downregulated endogenous SO2/aspartate aminotransferase 1 (AAT1)/AAT2 pathway and severe lung injury...
- GOT1/AST1 expression status as a prognostic biomarker in pancreatic ductal adenocarcinomaFenja M Feld
Institute of Pathology, University Ulm 89081, Germany
Oncotarget 6:4516-26. 2015..Recently, a link between mutated KRAS and glutamic-oxaloacetic transaminase (GOT1/AST1) has been described as part of the metabolic reprogramming in PDAC...
- Identification of Regulatory and Cargo Proteins of Endosomal and Secretory Pathways in Arabidopsis thaliana by Proteomic DissectionWilliam Heard
From the The Sainsbury Laboratory, Norwich Research Park, Norwich, NR4 7UH, UK
Mol Cell Proteomics 14:1796-813. 2015..As comparisons we used Golgi transport 1 (GOT1), which localizes to the Golgi, clathrin light chain 2 (CLC2) labeling clathrin-coated vesicles and pits and the ..
- Combined Treatment of an Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis Rat Model with Recombinant GOT1 and Oxaloacetic Acid: A Novel Neuroprotective TreatmentAngela Ruban
Department of Neurobiology, Weizmann Institute of Science, Rehovot, Israel
Neurodegener Dis 15:233-42. 2015....
- An Essential Role of the Mitochondrial Electron Transport Chain in Cell Proliferation Is to Enable Aspartate SynthesisKivanc Birsoy
Whitehead Institute for Biomedical Research, 9 Cambridge Center, Cambridge, MA 02142, USA Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Department of Biology, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, MA 02139, USA Koch Institute for Integrative Cancer Research, 77 Massachusetts Avenue, Cambridge, MA 02139, USA Broad Institute of Harvard and Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 7 Cambridge Center, Cambridge, MA 02142, USA
Cell 162:540-51. 2015..The screen yielded GOT1, the cytosolic aspartate aminotransferase, loss of which kills cells upon ETC inhibition...
- Genetic analysis of aspartate aminotransferase isozymes from hybrids between Drosophila melanogaster and Drosophila simulans and mutagen-induced isozyme variantsE H Grell
Genetics 83:753-64. 1976The aspartate aminotransferases (designated GOT1 and GOT2) are two enzymes of Drosophila melanogaster for which naturally occurring electrophoretic variants were not found. There is an electrophoretic difference between D...
- Assignment of phosphoglycerate mutase (PGAMA) to human chromosome 10. Regional mapping of GOT1 and PGAMA to subbands 10q26.1 (or q25.3)C Junien
Ann Genet 25:25-7. 1982..By means of gene-dosage studies, Bücher et al. (1980) have assigned the loci for GOT1 and PGAMA to chromosome 19 of Mus musculus...
- Assignment of LIPA, associated with human acid lipase deficiency, to human chromosome 10 and comparative assignment to mouse chromosome 19G Koch
Somatic Cell Genet 7:345-58. 1981..segregation between human LIPA and human chromosome 10 and its enzyme marker glutamate oxaloacetate transaminase-1 (GOT1) in cell hybrid clones...
- High resolution mapping and mutation analyses of candidate genes in the urofacial syndrome (UFS) critical regionCong Yi Wang
Center for Biotechnology and Genomic Medicine, Medical College of Georgia, Augusta, Georgia 30912, USA
Am J Med Genet A 119:9-14. 2003..interval to a genomic region of 220 kb that harbor the newly identified ACDP1 gene in addition to part of the GOT1 gene which has already been excluded as a candidate for UFS...
- [Linkage of genes, controlling morphological signs with isozyme markers of rye chromosomes]A V Voĭlokov
Biological Research Institute, St Petersburg State University, St Petersburg, Staryi, Peterhof 198504
Genetika 40:67-73. 2004..was established: chromosome 2R: Est3/5-el, el-beta-Glu, Sod2-el, Sod2-Vs; chromosome 3R: ln-Got4; chromosome 4R: w-Got1, np-Got1; chromosome 5R: Est4-ct2, Est6/9-ct2, ct2-Est2, ct2-Aco2, Est2-Hs, Aco2-Hs, Est2-Ddw, Aco2-Ddw; chromosome ..
- ETV6/GOT1 fusion in a case of t(10;12)(q24;p13)-positive myelodysplastic syndromeStephanie Struski
Haematologica 93:467-8. 2008The ETV6/GOT1 fusion, resulting from t(10;12) (q24;p13), has been recently described in a myelodysplastic syndrome...
- Association of genetic polymorphism -670A>G in the Fas gene and serum markers AST platelet ratio index, AST/ALT with significant fibrosis and cirrhosis in chronic hepatitis CAkram Deghady
Department of Clinical Pathology, Faculty of Medicine, Alexandria University, Alexandria, Egypt
Genet Test Mol Biomarkers 16:531-5. 2012....
- Golgi inheritance in the primitive red alga, Cyanidioschyzon merolaeFumi Yagisawa
Research Information Center for Extremophiles, Rikkyo St Paul s University, 3 34 1 Nishi Ikebukuro, Toshima ku, Tokyo 171 8501, Japan
Protoplasma 250:943-8. 2013..Two proteins, Sed5 and Got1, were used as Golgi markers. Using immunofluorescence microscopy, we demonstrated that C...
- Microsomal triglyceride transfer protein inhibition induces endoplasmic reticulum stress and increases gene transcription via Ire1α/cJun to enhance plasma ALT/ASTJoby Josekutty
School of Graduate Studies, Molecular and Cell Biology Program, State University of New York Downstate Medical Center, Brooklyn, New York 11203, USA
J Biol Chem 288:14372-83. 2013..Mechanistic studies revealed that MTP inhibition increased transcription of the GPT/GOT1 genes through up-regulation of the IRE1α/cJun pathway leading to increased synthesis and release of ALT1/AST1...
- Glutamine supports pancreatic cancer growth through a KRAS-regulated metabolic pathwayJaekyoung Son
Division of Genomic Stability and DNA Repair, Department of Radiation Oncology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, Massachusetts 02215, USA
Nature 496:101-5. 2013..aspartate is transported into the cytoplasm where it can be converted into oxaloacetate by aspartate transaminase (GOT1)...
- Hepatic adaptation compensates inactivation of intestinal arginine biosynthesis in suckling miceVincent Marion
Department of Anatomy and Embryology, Maastricht University, Maastricht, The Netherlands
PLoS ONE 8:e67021. 2013..in liver function were accompanied by an increased expression of genes involved in arginine metabolism (Asl, Got1, Gpt2, Glud1, Arg1, and Arg2) and transport (Slc25a13, Slc25a15, and Slc3a2), whereas no such changes were found in ..
- Gene conversion yields novel gene combinations in paralogs of GOT1 in the copepod Tigriopus californicusChristopher S Willett
Department of Biology, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC 27599 3280, USA
BMC Evol Biol 13:148. 2013..Genetically divergent populations of the copepod Tigriopus californicus provide an excellent model to look at the patterns of divergence among paralogs across multiple independent evolutionary lineages...
- Expression of lymphocyte coding genes in peripheral blood and lymphocyte infiltration in cardiac tissues influenced by cyclosporin A in heterotopic heart transplantation model in ratsXiu Fang Xu
Department of Molecular Biology, Capital Medical University Affiliated with Beijing Anzhen Hospital, Beijing Institute of Heart, Lung and Blood Vessel Diseases, Beijing 100029, PR China
Transpl Immunol 29:82-7. 2013..Histopathological changes were monitored in cardiac tissue to determine the level of transplant rejection...
- Genome-wide association mapping for identification of quantitative trait loci for rectal temperature during heat stress in Holstein cattleSerdal Dikmen
Department of Animal Science, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Uludag University, Bursa, Turkey
PLoS ONE 8:e69202. 2013..16 (close to CEP170 and PLD5), BTA 5 (near SLCO1C1 and PDE3A), BTA 4 (near KBTBD2 and LSM5), and BTA 26 (located in GOT1, a gene implicated in protection from cellular stress)...
- Omega-3 supplementation and non-alcoholic fatty liver disease: a systematic review and meta-analysisHelen M Parker
Discipline of Exercise and Sport Science, University of Sydney, Australia
J Hepatol 56:944-51. 2012..Well designed RCTs which quantify the magnitude of effect of omega-3 PUFA supplementation on liver fat are needed...
- Elevated aspartate and alanine aminotransferase levels and natural death among patients with methamphetamine dependenceChian Jue Kuo
Institute of Epidemiology and Preventive Medicine, College of Public Health, National Taiwan University, Taipei, Taiwan
PLoS ONE 7:e29325. 2012..The authors aimed to identify potential laboratory indices and clinical characteristics associated with natural death through a two-phase study...
- Perifosine-mediated Akt inhibition in neuroendocrine tumor cells: role of specific Akt isoformsKathrin Zitzmann
Department of Internal Medicine II, University Hospital Munich Grosshadern, Munich, Germany
Endocr Relat Cancer 19:423-34. 2012..inhibits Akt phosphorylation and cell viability in human pancreatic (BON1), bronchus (NCI-H727), and midgut (GOT1) NET cells...
- Phase II study of neoadjuvant chemotherapy with irinotecan hydrochloride and nedaplatin followed by radical hysterectomy for bulky stage Ib2 to IIb, cervical squamous cell carcinoma: Japanese Gynecologic Oncology Group study (JGOG Satoshi Yamaguchi
Department of Gynecologic Oncology, Hyogo Cancer Center, Akashi, Hyogo 673 8558, Japan
Oncol Rep 28:487-93. 2012..6%, febrile neutropenia 1.5%, and elevations of alanine aminotransferase and aspartate aminotransferase 1.5%. Grade 3 or 4 non-hematologic toxicities were as follows: diarrhea 6...
- Whole genome expression profile in neuroblastoma cells exposed to 1-methyl-4-phenylpyridineE Mazzio
College of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, Florida A and M University, Tallahassee, FL 32307, USA
Neurotoxicology 33:1156-69. 2012..g. glutamate oxaloacetate transaminase 1 (GOT1), glutamic pyruvate-alanine transaminase 2 (GPT2), cystathionase and redox proteins such as ..
- Apoenzyme of aspartate aminotransferase isozymes in serum and its diagnostic usefullness for hepatic diseasesS Kamei
Clin Chim Acta 96:97-105. 1979..These findings suggest that the simultaneous measurement of both apo- and holo-enzyme activities of aspartate aminotransferase isoenzymes may be useful in the clinical assessment of hepatic diseases...
- Mapping HSA10 homologous loci in cattleD S Threadgill
Department of Veterinary Pathology, Texas A and M University, College Station 77843
Cytogenet Cell Genet 57:123-6. 1991..group (U26) was previously defined by the HSA10/MMU19 isoenzyme marker glutamic-oxaloacetic transaminase 1 (GOT1)...
- Isolation, characterization, and chromosomal mapping of mouse P450 17 alpha-hydroxylase/C17-20 lyaseG L Youngblood
Department of Biological Chemistry, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor 48109 0278
Genomics 10:270-5. 1991..Another cytochrome P450, P4502c (Cyp2c), also is located at the distal end of chromosome 19. CYP17, CYP2c, and GOT1 have been mapped to human chromosome 10, with CYP2C and GOT1 mapped to the distal region, q24.3 and q25...
- Properties of human liver cytosolic aspartate aminotransferase mRNAs generated by alternative polyadenylation site selectionB Bousquet-Lemercier
Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale, Unité 99, Hopital Henri Mondor, Creteil, France
Biochemistry 29:5293-9. 1990Human cytosolic aspartate aminotransferase (cAspAT) cDNA clones have been isolated from an adult human liver cDNA library. Among the clones, two cDNAs of 1550 and 1950 base pairs, respectively, have been characterized...
- New automated measurement of mitochondrial aspartate aminotransferase with use of protease 401Y Watazu
Department of Laboratory Medicine, Kumamoto University Medical School, Japan
Clin Chem 36:687-9. 1990..8 (SD 0.9) and 1.8 (SD 0.8) U/L, respectively (n = 154). Various common interferents tested did not affect this assay...
- Aspartate aminotransferase isoenzymesM Panteghini
Laboratorio Analisi Chimico Cliniche, Spedali Civili, Brescia, Italy
Clin Biochem 23:311-9. 1990....
- The amino acid sequence of cytosolic aspartate aminotransferase from human liverJ M Doyle
Department of Biochemistry, University College, Cork, Ireland
Biochem J 270:651-7. 1990..K., from whom copies can be obtained on the terms indicated in Biochem. J. (1990) 265, 5...
- Effects of therapeutic coronary reperfusion on aspartate aminotransferase isoenzymes in sera of patients with acute myocardial infarctionM Panteghini
1 Laboratorio Analisi Chimico cliniche, Brescia, Italy
Clin Chem 35:909-12. 1989..There may be advantages to measuring m-AST, which is briefly influenced by reperfusion, instead of the usual cytosolic enzymes for assessment of myocardial damage in patients with myocardial infarction treated with thrombolytic therapy...
- Chromosomal localization of human aspartate aminotransferase genes by in situ hybridizationS Pol
Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale INSERM, U 99, Hopital Henri Mondor, Creteil, France
Hum Genet 83:159-64. 1989..Restriction fragment length polymorphism was revealed in only one case for cytosolic AspAT, with PvuII, while no polymorphism for mitochondrial AspAT was found...
- Nucleotide sequence and tissue distribution of the human mitochondrial aspartate aminotransferase mRNAS Pol
INSERM U 99, Hopital Henri Mondor, Creteil, France
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 157:1309-15. 1988..4 Kb RNA band. Mitochondrial aspartate aminotransferase RNA was clearly detected in human kidney, placenta, stomach and spleen as well as in both fetal and adult liver...
- Structural and genetic relationships between cytosolic and mitochondrial isoenzymesS Doonan
Int J Biochem 16:1193-9. 1984..Hence the possibility arises that primitive prokaryotes possessed both proteins. The copper/zinc superoxide dismutase has been retained in the cytosol of eukaryotic cells and a few bacterial species.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 250 WORDS)..
- Multiple molecular forms of human heart cytoplasmic aspartate aminotransferaseF Y Leung
Clin Sci (Lond) 62:337-9. 1982..60 and 5.71. Two minor subforms were also noted as shoulder patterns with pI 5.2 and 5.8. 3. These electrophoretic characteristics are similar to previous findings of multiple molecular forms detected in human liver and erythrocytes...
- Neuromuscular degeneration (nmd): a mutation on mouse chromosome 19 that causes motor neuron degenerationS A Cook
Jackson Laboratory, Bar Harbor, Maine 04609 1500, USA
Mamm Genome 6:187-91. 1995..to mouse Chromosome (Chr) 19 with the most likely gene order: nmd-(D19Sel2, Pygm)-Cntf-Pomc2-D19Mit16-Cyp2c-Got1. nmd maps near muscle deficient, mdf, and has a very similar clinical phenotype, but allele tests and histological ..
- Isolation of differentially expressed sequence tags from steroid-responsive cells using mRNA differential displayM S Chapman
Department of Biochemistry, University of Arizona, Tucson 85724, USA
Mol Cell Endocrinol 108:R1-7. 1995..2. Two of these DESTs, GIG10 and GIG18, are rapidly induced by dexamethasone within 2 h of treatment...
- Cloning and sequence analysis of A cDNA encoding bovine cytosolic aspartate aminotransferaseV Aurilia
CNR IABBAM, Napoli, Italy
Int J Biochem 25:1505-9. 1993....
- Interactions between pyruvate carboxylase and other mitochondrial enzymesL A Fahien
Department of Pharmacology, University of Wisconsin Medical School, Madison 53706
J Biol Chem 268:17935-42. 1993....
- Regulation of the cytosolic aspartate aminotransferase housekeeping gene promoter by glucocorticoids, cAMP, and insulinM Aggerbeck
Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale, Unité 99, Hopital Henri Mondor, Creteil, France
Biochemistry 32:9065-72. 1993The cytosolic aspartate aminotransferase (cAspAT) is a ubiquitous enzyme that displays liver-specific hormonal regulation. In the hepatoma cell line Fao, both the activity and the mRNA level of cAspAT are increased by glucocorticoids...
- Transcriptional control of steroid-regulated apoptosis in murine thymoma cellsM S Chapman
Department of Biochemistry, University of Arizona, Tucson 85721, USA
Mol Endocrinol 10:967-78. 1996..this further, we examined the steroid-regulated expression of an endogenous thymocyte-specific gene called GIG18. We found that GIG18 was rapidly induced to comparable levels by both AR and GR, demonstrating that AR can indeed ..
- An integrated physical and genetic map spanning chromosome band 10q24I C Gray
Imperial Cancer Research Fund, Clare Hall Laboratories, South Mimms, Hertsfordshire, England
Genomics 43:85-8. 1997..have been assigned, including 24 Généthon CA repeat genetic markers, 10 known gene loci from the 10q24 region (IFI56, IDE, PDE6C, RBP4, CYP2C, CD39, DNTT, GOT1, WNT8B, and PAX2) and 11 additional expressed sequences of unknown function.
- Genetic homogeneity, high-resolution mapping, and mutation analysis of the urofacial (Ochoa) syndrome and exclusion of the glutamate oxaloacetate transaminase gene (GOT1) in the critical region as the disease geneC Y Wang
Department of Pathology, Immunology and Laboratory Medicine, Center for Mammalian Genetics, College of Medicine, University of Florida, Gainesville 32610, USA
Am J Med Genet 84:454-9. 1999..We also determined the precise location of the gene encoding for glutamate oxaloacetate transaminase (GOT1) within the new UFS critical region and determined its genomic structure...
- Got1p and Sft2p: membrane proteins involved in traffic to the Golgi complexS Conchon
MRC Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Hills Road, Cambridge CB2 2QH, UK
EMBO J 18:3934-46. 1999..Immunofluorescence and subcellular fractionation indicate that it is present in early Golgi cisternae. got1 mutants, but not sft2 mutants, show a defect in an in vitro assay for ER-Golgi transport at a step after vesicle ..
- A transplantable human carcinoid as model for somatostatin receptor-mediated and amine transporter-mediated radionuclide uptakeL Kolby
Lundberg Laboratory for Cancer Research, The Department of Surgery, Sahlgrenska University Hospital, University of Göteberg, Goteberg, Sweden
Am J Pathol 158:745-55. 2001..This human transplantable carcinoid tumor, designated GOT1, grafted to nude mice, will give unique possibilities for studies of somatostatin receptor- and VMAT-mediated ..
- Biokinetics of 111In-DTPA-D-Phe(1)-octreotide in nude mice transplanted with a human carcinoid tumorP Bernhardt
Department of Radiation Physics, The Lundberg Laboratory for Cancer Research, Goteborg University, Sahlgrenska University Hospital, S 413 45, Goteborg, Sweden
Nucl Med Biol 28:67-73. 2001..analogues 111In-DTPA-D-Phe(1)-octreotide was studied in nude mice transplanted with the human carcinoid tumor, GOT1. The results were compared with those from the patient with the original tumor...
- Glucose intolerance and serum aminotransferase activities in Japanese menYumi Miyake
Department of Preventive Medicine, Faculty of Medical Sciences, Kyushu University, Fukuoka 812 8582, Japan
J Hepatol 38:18-23. 2003..Elevated activities of serum aminotransferase are commonly observed in patients with diabetes mellitus. Few studies have addressed the relation between glucose intolerance and serum activities of aminotransferase in free-living populations...
- Refined physical map of the human PAX2/HOX11/NFKB2 cancer gene region at 10q24 and relocalization of the HPV6AI1 viral integration site to 14q13.3-q21.1Sheryl M Gough
Cancer Genetics Research Group, Christchurch School of Medicine and Health Sciences, Christchurch, New Zealand
BMC Genomics 4:9. 2003....
- Biodistribution of 111in-DTPA-D-Phe1-octreotide in tumor-bearing nude mice: influence of amount injected and route of administrationPeter Bernhardt
Radiation Physics, Goteborg University, Sahlgrenska University Hospital, Sweden
Nucl Med Biol 30:253-60. 2003In nude mice carrying the human carcionoid GOT1 different amounts of (111)In-DTPA-Phe(1)-octreotide and routes of administration were studied in relation to uptake in tumor and normal organs...
- Uptake of meta-iodobenzylguanidine in neuroendocrine tumours is mediated by vesicular monoamine transportersL Kolby
Department of Surgery, Goteborg University, Sahlgrenska University Hospital, SE 413 45 Goteborg, Sweden
Br J Cancer 89:1383-8. 2003..In nude mice, bearing the human transplantable midgut carcinoid GOT1, all organs and xenografted tumours accumulated (123)I after i.v. injection of (123)I-MIBG...
- GOT1 xenografted to nude mice: a unique model for in vivo studies on SSTR-mediated radiation therapy of carcinoid tumorsOla Nilsson
Lundberg Laboratory for Cancer Research at the Department of Pathology, Sahlgrenska University Hospital, Goteborg, Sweden
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1014:275-9. 2004..A transplantable human midgut carcinoid (GOT1) was grafted to the back of nude mice...
- Sequential changes of serum aminotransferase levels in patients with severe acute respiratory syndromeKeng Liang Wu
Division of Hepato Gastroenterology, Department of Internal Medicine, Kaohsiung Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, Kaohsiung, Taiwan, Republic of China
Am J Trop Med Hyg 71:125-8. 2004..Neither transaminase elevation nor HBsAg was related to the prognosis of SARS, and only advanced age was an independent predictor of poor outcome. Our study suggested that coronavirus causing SARS might induce liver damage...
- Differentially expressed transcripts from phenotypically identified olfactory sensory neuronsTun Tzu Yu
Department of Physiology and The Cellular and Molecular Neuroscience of Sensory Systems Program, The University of Kentucky, Lexington, Kentucky 40536 0298, USA
J Comp Neurol 483:251-62. 2005..of the genes encode proteins that participate in these biological processes, including ATP5g3, Ndufa9, Sqrdl, Mdh1, Got1, beta-2 tubulin, Capza1, Bin3, Tom1, Acl6, and similar to O-MACS...
- Successful receptor-mediated radiation therapy of xenografted human midgut carcinoid tumourL Kolby
Department of Surgery, Lundberg Laboratory for Cancer Research, Institute for Surgical Sciences, Goteborg University, Sahlgrenska University Hospital, Sweden
Br J Cancer 93:1144-51. 2005..via sstr using [(177)Lu-DOTA(0)-Tyr(3)]-octreotate given to nude mice xenografted with the human midgut carcinoid GOT1. The tumours in 22 out of 23 animals given therapeutic amounts showed dose-dependent, rapid complete remission...
- Antitumoural effects of the pyridyl cyanoguanidine CHS 828 on three different types of neuroendocrine tumours xenografted to nude miceViktor Johanson
The Lundberg Laboratory for Cancer Research, Sahlgrenska University Hospital, Goteborg, Sweden
Neuroendocrinology 82:171-6. 2005..activity of peroral CHS 828 was shown against three different human neuroendocrine tumours, midgut carcinoid (GOT1), pancreatic carcinoid (BON), and medullary thyroid carcinoma (GOT2), transplanted in nude mice...
- Salivary aspartate aminotransferase, alanine aminotransferase and alkaline phosphatase: possible markers in periodontal diseases?Alexandra Totan
Department of Biochemistry, Faculty of Dental Medicine, University of Medicine Carol Davila, 8 Boulevard Eroilor Sanitari sect 5, Bucharest, Romania
Clin Chem Lab Med 44:612-5. 2006..The purpose of our study was to illustrate the influence of periodontal disease on the level of salivary AST, alanine aminotransferase (ALT) and ALP...
- Multilocus enzyme electrophoresis supports speciation within the Anopheles nili group of malaria vectors in CameroonHerman P Awono-Ambene
Organisation de Coordination pour la lutte contre les Endémies en Afrique Centrale OCEAC, Yaounde, Cameroon
Am J Trop Med Hyg 75:656-8. 2006..g., PGM, GOT1, IDH1, IDH2, PGI, and alpha-GPD)...
- Phospholipid transfer protein activity is determined by type 2 diabetes mellitus and metabolic syndrome, and is positively associated with serum transaminasesRobin P F Dullaart
Department of Endocrinology, University of Groningen and University Medical Centre Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands
Clin Endocrinol (Oxf) 68:375-81. 2008..In this study, we examined the relationship between plasma PLTP activity and liver enzymes in subjects with and without DM and MetS...
- Insulin resistance and ferritin as major determinants of abnormal serum aminotransferase in severely obese childrenBeatrice Dubern
Pierre et Marie Curie University Paris 6, Paris, France
Int J Pediatr Obes 1:77-82. 2006..The aim was to determine the prevalence of liver enzyme abnormalities in severely obese children and to look for relationships between fat mass distribution, insulin resistance, and plasma ferritin...
- [Fulminate liver failure in a 39-year-old female patient with leukocytosis, unclear fever, and arthralgic pain]Babette Linde
Klinik fur Innere Medizin III, Friedrich Schiller Universitat, Jena
Med Klin (Munich) 102:846-51. 2007..Fulminate liver insufficiency can have many causes and is a challenge for differential diagnosis...
- Effects of treatment with (177)Lu-DOTA-Tyr(3)-octreotate on uptake of subsequent injection in carcinoid-bearing nude micePeter Bernhardt
Department of Radiation Physics, Sahlgrenska University Hospital, Goteborg, Sweden
Cancer Biother Radiopharm 22:644-53. 2007The aim of this study was to analyze the effect therapeutic injections of (177)Lu-DOTA(0)-Tyr(3)]-octreotate (DOTATATE) had on the tumor uptake of a subsequent injection with (111)In-DOTATATE in GOT1-bearing nude mice.
- Elevated liver enzymes in women with a family history of diabetesKazuo Inoue
Department of Public Health, Graduate School of Medicine, The University of Tokyo, 7 3 1 Hongo, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 0033, Japan
Diabetes Res Clin Pract 79:e4-7. 2008..In particular, elevated GGT was related to FHDM, independent of the other variables. Elevated liver enzymes, probably due to fat deposition in the liver, may play a role in increasing the risk of diabetes in individuals with FHDM...
- Comparison of [177Lu-DOTA0,Tyr3]-octreotate and [177Lu-DOTA0,Tyr3]-octreotide for receptor-mediated radiation therapy of the xenografted human midgut carcinoid tumor GOT1Christina Swärd
The Lundberg Laboratory for Cancer Research, Sahlgrenska University Hospital, Goteborg, Sweden
Cancer Biother Radiopharm 23:114-20. 2008..the tumor uptake versus time and the tumor response in nude mice transplanted with a human midgut carcinoid (GOT1), when treated with either [(177)Lu-DOTA(0),Tyr(3)]-octreotide or [(177)Lu-DOTA(0),Tyr(3)]-octreotate and to ..
- Amyloid precursor-like protein 1 is differentially upregulated in neuroendocrine tumours of the gastrointestinal tractYvonne Arvidsson
Lundberg Laboratory for Cancer Research, Department of Pathology, Sahlgrenska University Hospital, Gula straket 8, SE 413 45 Goteborg, Sweden
Endocr Relat Cancer 15:569-81. 2008..Cellular localization of APLP1, APLP2 and amyloid precursor protein (APP) in carcinoid cells (GOT1) by confocal microscopy demonstrated partial co-localization with synaptophysin...
- Biochemical response to ursodeoxycholic acid and long-term prognosis in primary biliary cirrhosisChristophe Corpechot
Hepatology Department, Reference Center for Inflammatory Biliary Diseases, Saint Antoine Hospital, National Institute of Health and Medical Research INSERM, Pierre et Marie Curie University Paris 6, France
Hepatology 48:871-7. 2008..3). Antinuclear antibodies against gp210 or Sp100 proteins were associated with death or LT in univariate but not in multivariate analysis...
- Effect of ursodeoxycholic acid on liver function in children after successful surgery for biliary atresiaStephanie Willot
Département de gastroentérologie, Hépatologie et Nutrition Pédiatrique, hôpital Jeanne de Flandres, CHRU Lille, 59000 Lille, France
Pediatrics 122:e1236-41. 2008..The aim of this study was to assess the effect of ursodeoxycholic acid treatment on liver function in children who underwent successful surgery for biliary atresia...
- Non-alcoholic steatohepatitis with normal aminotransferase valuesHüseyin Saadettin Uslusoy
Department of Gastroenterology, Yozgat State Hospital, Yozgat, Turkey
World J Gastroenterol 15:1863-8. 2009..To investigate the aspects of liver histology in patients with non-alcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH) who had normal aminotransferase levels...
- Multicopy suppressor analysis of thermosensitive YIP1 alleles implicates GOT1 in transport from the ERAndrés Lorente-Rodríguez
Department of Biochemistry, Dartmouth Medical School, Hanover, NH 03755, USA
J Cell Sci 122:1540-50. 2009..This screen identified GOT1, FYV8 and TSC3 as novel high-copy suppressors...
- Abnormalities in aminotransferase levels during acute pyelonephritisJoaquin Campos
Department of Internal Medicine, Hospital Clinico Universitario, 15706 Santiago de Compostela, Spain
Eur J Intern Med 20:e53-6. 2009..In conclusion, the management of patients with pyelonephritis should take into account that moderate and self-limited abnormalities in aminotransferase levels are frequent during the acute phase of the disease...
- Liver safety in patients with type 2 diabetes treated with pioglitazone: results from a 3-year, randomized, comparator-controlled study in the USKeith G Tolman
University of Utah, Salt Lake City, Utah, USA
Drug Saf 32:787-800. 2009..We conducted a randomized, long-term, double-blind, hepatic safety study at 171 centres in the US in which 2097 patients with type 2 diabetes received either pioglitazone or glibenclamide (glyburide)...
- SNPs in the porcine GOT1 gene improve a QTL for serum aspartate aminotransferase activity on SSC14G Reiner
Department of Veterinary Clinical Sciences, Justus Liebig University, D 35392 Giessen, Germany
Anim Genet 41:319-23. 2010..activity (sAST), and one of these maps to a region on SSC14 where the aspartate aminotransferase coding gene GOT1 is located. This QTL was only apparent under the acute burden of a model disease...
- Time-dependent alterations of cerebral proteins following short-term normobaric hyperoxiaJochen Hinkelbein
Clinic for Anesthesiology and Intensive Care Medicine, Universitatsmedizin Mannheim, University of Heidelberg, Theodor Kutzer Ufer 1 3, 68167 Mannheim, Germany
Mol Cell Biochem 339:9-21. 2010..89 mmHg; P < 0.05). The expression of nine proteins was found to be significantly altered (five up-regulated: GOT1, CCT2, TCP1, G6PD, and ALB; four down-regulated: PEBP1, PRDX2, ENO1, and MDH1)...
- Hypoxia stimulates CXCR4 signalling in ileal carcinoidsYvonne Arvidsson
Lundberg Laboratory for Cancer Research, Department of Pathology and Cytology, Sahlgrenska Academy, University of Goteborg, Goteborg, Sweden
Endocr Relat Cancer 17:303-16. 2010..Global gene expression profiling of GOT1 carcinoid cells revealed a marked response to hypoxia...
- Relation of coffee consumption and serum liver enzymes in Japanese men and women with reference to effect modification of alcohol use and body mass indexMizuko Ikeda
Department of Preventive Medicine, Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Kyushu University, Fukuoka, Japan
Scand J Clin Lab Invest 70:171-9. 2010..We examined the association of coffee and green tea consumption with serum activities of liver enzymes in free-living Japanese men and women, focusing on sex difference and effect modifications of alcohol and obesity...
- Elevated serum lactate dehydrogenase isoenzymes and aspartate transaminase distinguish Albers-Schönberg disease (Chloride Channel 7 Deficiency Osteopetrosis) among the sclerosing bone disordersMichael P Whyte
Center for Metabolic Bone Disease and Molecular Research, Shriners Hospital for Children, St Louis, MO 63131 3597, USA
J Bone Miner Res 25:2515-26. 2010..Hence, high serum levels of several enzymes characterize A-SD. Elevated serum LDH isoenzymes and AST indicate a disturbance (of uncertain clinical significance) within multiple extraosseous tissues when there is CLCN7 deficiency...
- Endogenous sulfur dioxide protects against isoproterenol-induced myocardial injury and increases myocardial antioxidant capacity in ratsYinfang Liang
Department of Pediatrics, Peking University First Hospital, Beijing, PR China
Lab Invest 91:12-23. 2011..GOT (key enzyme for endogenous SO(2) production) activity and gene (GOT1 and GOT2) expressions were measured, and superoxide dismutase (SOD), glutathione peroxidase (GSH-Px), hydrogen ..
- GLUTAMATE BIOSYNTHESIS MUTANTS AND ALCOHOL SENSITIVITYDouglas Ruden; Fiscal Year: 2003..identified Drosophila mutants of glutamate biosynthesis genes, namely glutamate-oxaloacetate transaminase (GOT1 and GOT2), and glutamine synthetase 1 (GS1), are hypersensitive to alcohol, and whether wild-type transgenes of ..
- TWO X-LINKED GENES THAT REGULATE MINERAL HOMEOSTASISMichael Whyte; Fiscal Year: 2002....