Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: GNRHR
Description: gonadotropin releasing hormone receptor
Alias: GNRHR1, GRHR, HH7, LHRHR, LRHR, gonadotropin-releasing hormone receptor, gnRH receptor, gnRH-R, gonadotropin-releasing hormone (type 1) receptor 1, leutinizing hormone releasing horomone receptor, leutinizing-releasing hormone receptor, luliberin receptor, type I GnRH receptor
Publications224 found, 100 shown here
- The LIM-homeodomain proteins Isl-1 and Lhx3 act with steroidogenic factor 1 to enhance gonadotrope-specific activity of the gonadotropin-releasing hormone receptor gene promoterAnne Granger
Physiologie de l Axe Gonadotrope, Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, Unité Mixte de Recherche 7079, Physiologie et Physiopathologie, Universite Pierre et Marie Curie PARIS6, 4 place Jussieu, 75252 Paris Cedex 05, France
Mol Endocrinol 20:2093-108. 2006The GnRH receptor (GnRH-R) plays a central role in mammalian reproductive function throughout adulthood. It also appears as an early marker gene of the presumptive gonadotrope lineage in developing pituitary...
- Screening of autosomal gene deletions in patients with hypogonadotropic hypogonadism using multiplex ligation-dependent probe amplification: detection of a hemizygosis for the fibroblast growth factor receptor 1Ericka Barbosa Trarbach
Unidade de Endocrinologia do Desenvolvimento, Laboratório de Hormônios e Genética Molecular LIM42 da Disciplina de Endocrinologia do Hospital das Clinicas da Faculdade de Medicina da Universidade de São Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Clin Endocrinol (Oxf) 72:371-6. 2010..Therefore, it remains to be determined whether patients without detected point mutation carried a heterozygous deletion of one or more exons...
- Oct-1 is involved in the transcriptional repression of the gonadotropin-releasing hormone receptor geneChi Keung Cheng
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada V6H 3V5
Endocrinology 143:4693-701. 2002Previous deletion analysis of the 5'-flanking region of human GnRH receptor (GnRHR) gene has revealed a powerful negative regulatory element (NRE) located between nucleotide -1017 and -771...
- Cloning, sequencing, and expression of human gonadotropin releasing hormone (GnRH) receptorS S Kakar
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, University of Alabama, Birmingham 35294
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 189:289-95. 1992..Therapeutically, the human pituitary GnRH receptor is the target of agonists used in the suppression of prostate cancer...
- The nucleotide sequences of human GnRH receptors in breast and ovarian tumors are identical with that found in pituitaryS S Kakar
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, University of Alabama at Birmingham 35294
Mol Cell Endocrinol 106:145-9. 1994..Primers were selected from the human pituitary GnRH receptor cDNA sequence to amplify the open reading frame and parts of its 5' and 3'-untranslated sequences...
- Cloning and characterization of the human GnRH receptorL Chi
Fishberg Research Center in Neurobiology, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY 10029
Mol Cell Endocrinol 91:R1-6. 1993A cDNA encoding the human GnRH receptor (GnRHR) has been cloned and functionally expressed in both Xenopus oocytes and COS-1 cells...
- A family with hypogonadotropic hypogonadism and mutations in the gonadotropin-releasing hormone receptorN de Roux
INSERM unité 135, Institut Fédératif de Recherche 21, Hopital de Bicetre, Le Kremlin Bicetre, France
N Engl J Med 337:1597-602. 1997
- Mutations in gonadotropin-releasing hormone receptor gene cause hypogonadotropic hypogonadismL C Layman
Nat Genet 18:14-5. 1998
- The same molecular defects of the gonadotropin-releasing hormone receptor determine a variable degree of hypogonadism in affected kindredN de Roux
INSERM U 135 et Laboratoire d Hormonologie et Biologie Moléculaire, Hopital de Bicetre, Le Kremlin Bicetre, France
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 84:567-72. 1999..endocrinological studies were performed in the three affected kindred of a family carrying mutations of the GnRH receptor gene...
- Resistance of hypogonadic patients with mutated GnRH receptor genes to pulsatile GnRH administrationP Caron
Service d Endocrinologie et Maladies Métaboliques, CHU Rangueil, Toulouse, France
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 84:990-6. 1999..three siblings with isolated hypogonadotropic hypogonadism caused by compound heterozygote mutations in the GnRH receptor gene. The disorder was transmitted as an autosomal recessive trait...
- Complete hypogonadotropic hypogonadism associated with a novel inactivating mutation of the gonadotropin-releasing hormone receptorF P Pralong
Department of Medicine, University Hospital, Lausanne, Switzerland
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 84:3811-6. 1999..This patient bore a novel point mutation (T for A) at codon 168 of the gene encoding the GnRH receptor (GnRH-R), resulting in a serine to arginine change in the fourth transmembrane domain of the receptor...
- A new compound heterozygous mutation of the gonadotropin-releasing hormone receptor (L314X, Q106R) in a woman with complete hypogonadotropic hypogonadism: chronic estrogen administration amplifies the gonadotropin defectM L Kottler
Endocrinologie Cellulaire et Moleculaire de la Reproduction, Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, Universite Paris VI, France
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 85:3002-8. 2000We describe a woman with complete hypogonadotropic hypogonadism and a new compound heterozygous mutation of the GnRH receptor (GnRHR) gene...
- A novel homozygous mutation in the second transmembrane domain of the gonadotrophin releasing hormone receptor geneD Soderlund
Research Unit in Developmental Biology, Hospital de Pediatria, Centro Medico Nacional Siglo XXI, Instituto Mexicano del Seguro Social, Mexico, D F, Mexico
Clin Endocrinol (Oxf) 54:493-8. 2001Mutations in the GnRH receptor (GnRH-R) gene cause hypogonadotrophic hypogonadism. Here, we present the molecular studies of the GnRH-R gene in three families with isolated hypogonadotrophic hypogonadism.
- The fertile eunuch variant of idiopathic hypogonadotropic hypogonadism: spontaneous reversal associated with a homozygous mutation in the gonadotropin-releasing hormone receptorN Pitteloud
Reproductive Endocrine Unit of the Department of Medicine and National Center for Infertility Research, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 86:2470-5. 2001Mutations in the GnRH receptor (GnRH-R) gene have been reported to cause idiopathic hypogonadotropic hypogonadism (IHH)...
- Two novel mutations in the gonadotropin-releasing hormone receptor gene in Brazilian patients with hypogonadotropic hypogonadism and normal olfactionE M Costa
Unidade de Endocrinologia do Desenvolvimento e Laboratório de Hormônios e Genética Molecular LIM 42, da Disciplina de Endocrinologia do Hospital das Clínicas da Faculdade de Medicina da Universidade de Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo 01060 970, Brazil
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 86:2680-6. 2001Several point mutations in the GnRH receptor gene have been described in an autosomal recessive form of congenital isolated hypogonadotropic hypogonadism (HH)...
- Molecular basis of hypogonadotropic hypogonadism: restoration of mutant (E(90)K) GnRH receptor function by a deletion at a distant siteGuadalupe Maya-Nunez
Research Unit in Developmental Biology, Hospital de Pediatria, Centro Medico Nacional Siglo XXI, Instituto Mexicano del Seguro Social, Mexico, 06725 Mexico
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 87:2144-9. 2002GnRH regulates the synthesis and release of pituitary gonadotropins. Mutations in the human GnRH receptor (hGnRHR) gene have been reported in families with hypogonadotropic hypogonadism...
- Novel homozygous splice acceptor site GnRH receptor (GnRHR) mutation: human GnRHR "knockout"L F G Silveira
Department of Medicine, Royal Free Hospital and University College Medical School, Pond Street, London, UK
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 87:2973-7. 2002Mutations in the GnRH receptor (GnRHR) have been shown to be responsible for a significant number of autosomic recessive and, less commonly, sporadic cases of idiopathic hypogonadotropic hypogonadism...
- Locally expressed LHRH receptors mediate the oncostatic and antimetastatic activity of LHRH agonists on melanoma cellsRoberta M Moretti
Department of Endocrinology, University of Milano, Milano 20133, Italy
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 87:3791-7. 2002..These receptors might also be considered as a possible molecular target for a hormone-based therapeutic approach to this tumor...
- A case of complete hypogonadotropic hypogonadism with a mutation in the gonadotropin-releasing hormone receptor geneSławomir Wolczynski
Department of Gynecological Endocrinology, Medical University, Bialystok, Poland
Fertil Steril 79:442-4. 2003To screen for mutations in the GnRH receptor gene in a case of complete hypogonadotropic hypogonadism (HH) with GnRH resistance.
- Mutation Ala(171)Thr stabilizes the gonadotropin-releasing hormone receptor in its inactive conformation, causing familial hypogonadotropic hypogonadismBeate Karges
INSERM, U 135, Unité de Recherches Hormones Gènes et Reproduction, Hopital de Bicetre, Le Kremlin Bicetre, 94270 Paris, France
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 88:1873-9. 2003Mutations of the GnRH receptor have been recognized as a cause of familial gonadotropin deficiency...
- The biology of gonadotropin hormone-releasing hormone: role in the control of tumor growth and progression in humansPatrizia Limonta
Institute of Endocrinology, Center for Endocrinological Oncology, Via Balzaretti 9, 20133, Milano, Italy
Front Neuroendocrinol 24:279-95. 2003..A receptor specific for GnRH-II (type II GnRH receptor) has been identified in non-mammalian vertebrates as well as in primates, but not yet in humans...
- Human loss-of-function gonadotropin-releasing hormone receptor mutants retain wild-type receptors in the endoplasmic reticulum: molecular basis of the dominant-negative effectShaun P Brothers
Division of Neuroscience, Oregon National Primate Research Center and Oregon Health and Science University, Beaverton, Oregon 97006, USA
Mol Endocrinol 18:1787-97. 2004The GnRH receptor (GnRHR) is a heptahelical G protein-coupled receptor found in the plasma membrane of pituitary gonadotropes...
- Determination of sequence variation and haplotype structure for the gonadotropin-releasing hormone (GnRH) and GnRH receptor genes: investigation of role in pubertal timingInes L Sedlmeyer
Division of Endocrinology and Genetics, Department of Medicine, Children s Hospital, Hravard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 90:1091-9. 2005Because GnRH and its receptor (GnRHR) are pivotal regulators of the reproductive endocrine axis and mutations in GNRHR lead to hypogonadotropic hypogonadism, we investigated whether genetic variation in GNRHR or GNRH1 affects pubertal ..
- Parallel regulation of membrane trafficking and dominant-negative effects by misrouted gonadotropin-releasing hormone receptor mutantsPaul E Knollman
Division of Neuroscience and Reproductive Biology, Oregon National Primate Research Center, Oregon Health and Science University, Beaverton, Oregon 97006, USA
J Biol Chem 280:24506-14. 2005..mouse mutants exert a DN effect on rat (r) WT sequence) but, unlike human or mouse, escapes the DN effect of GnRH receptor (Gn-RHR) mutants because rGnRHR mutants route to the plasma membrane with higher efficiency than mouse or ..
- The prevalence of gonadotropin-releasing hormone receptor mutations in a large cohort of patients with hypogonadotropic hypogonadismBalasubramanian Bhagavath
Division of Reproductive Endocrinology, Infertility, and Genetics, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Medical College of Georgia, Augusta, Georgia, USA
Fertil Steril 84:951-7. 2005To determine the prevalence of GNRH receptor (GNRHR) gene mutations in a large cohort of patients with idiopathic hypogonadotropic hypogonadism (IHH).
- The gonadotropin-releasing hormone (GnRH)-1 gene, the GnRH receptor gene, and their promoters in patients with idiopathic hypogonadotropic hypogonadism with or without resistance to GnRH actionGeorge A Vagenakis
Division of Endocrinology, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Patras Medical School, Rio, Greece
Fertil Steril 84:1762-5. 2005..The Pro146Ser mutation was identified in the gonadotropin-releasing hormone receptor (GnRHR) gene in two sisters as well as in their mother, and one polymorphism in the GnRH1 gene (the Trp16Ser) was ..
- A homozygous R262Q mutation in the gonadotropin-releasing hormone receptor presenting as constitutional delay of growth and puberty with subsequent borderline oligospermiaLin Lin
Institute of Child Health and Department of Medicine, University College London, UK
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 91:5117-21. 2006The GnRH receptor plays a central role in regulating gonadotropin synthesis and release, and several mutations in the GNRHR gene have been reported in patients with idiopathic or familial forms of isolated hypogonadotropic hypogonadism (..
- Calnexin regulated gonadotropin-releasing hormone receptor plasma membrane expressionShaun P Brothers
Division of Neuroscience and Reproductive Sciences, Oregon National Primate Research Center, Oregon Health and Science University, 505 NW 185th Avenue, Beaverton, OR 97006, USA
J Mol Endocrinol 37:479-88. 2006..Only the human receptor showed reduced signaling because it had fewer spare receptors compared with the rat GnRHR, allowing calnexin to affect signaling...
- Molecular genetic analysis of normosmic hypogonadotropic hypogonadism in a Turkish population: identification and detailed functional characterization of a novel mutation in the gonadotropin-releasing hormone receptor geneA Kemal Topaloglu
Division of Paediatric Endocrinology and Metabolism, Cukurova University, Faculty of Medicine, Adana, Turkey
Neuroendocrinology 84:301-8. 2006..Currently known mutations account for less than 15% of cases with normosmic hypogonadotropic hypogonadism (nIHH). The objective of the study was to identify novel hereditary associations in the pathogenesis of nIHH...
- Structural determinants for ligand-receptor conformational selection in a peptide G protein-coupled receptorZhi Liang Lu
Medical Research Council Human Reproductive Sciences Unit, Centre for Reproductive Biology, The Queen s Medical Research Institute, 47 Little France Crescent, Edinburgh EH16 4TJ, Scotland, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 282:17921-9. 2007..occurring gonadotropin-releasing hormones (GnRHs) from different species in the single functional human GnRH receptor. We found that the highly variable amino acids in position 8 of the naturally occurring isoforms of GnRH play ..
- Mutations in the human gonadotropin-releasing hormone receptor: insights into receptor biology and functionGregoy Y Bedecarrats
Department of Animal and Poultry Science, Ontario Agricultural College, University of Guelph, Guelph, Ontario, Canada
Semin Reprod Med 25:368-78. 2007..from clinical studies, this review summarizes the overall structure-function relationships of the human GnRH receptor, with an emphasis on the impact of naturally occurring mutations...
- Plasma membrane expression of GnRH receptors: regulation by antagonists in breast, prostate, and gonadotrope cell linesAnn R Finch
Laboratories for Integrative Neuroscience and Endocrinology, University of Bristol, Dorothy Hodgkin Building, Whitson Street, Bristol BS1 3NY, UK
J Endocrinol 196:353-67. 2008..XGnRHR- or mouse GnRHR-mediated) stimulation of [(3)H]inositol phosphate accumulation and the hGnRHR-mediated reduction in cell number...
- Multiple G proteins compete for binding with the human gonadotropin releasing hormone receptorPaul E Knollman
Divisions of Neuroscience and Reproductive Biology, ONPRC OHSU, Oregon National Primate Research Center, 505 NW 185th Avenue, Beaverton, Oregon 97006, USA
Arch Biochem Biophys 477:92-7. 2008The GnRH receptor is coupled to G proteins of the families G(q) and G(11). G(q) and G(11) coupling leads to intracellular signaling through the phospholipase C pathway. GnRHR coupling to other G proteins is controversial...
- Pulsatile and sustained gonadotropin-releasing hormone (GnRH) receptor signaling: does the Ca2+/NFAT signaling pathway decode GnRH pulse frequency?Stephen P Armstrong
Laboratories for Integrative Neuroscience and Endocrinology, Department of Clinical Science at South Bristol, University of Bristol, Whitson Street, Bristol BS1 3NY
J Biol Chem 284:35746-57. 2009..This together with the lack of desensitization of translocation responses suggests that NFAT may mediate GnRH action but is not a genuine decoder of GnRH pulse frequency...
- Biochemical mechanism of pathogenesis of human gonadotropin-releasing hormone receptor mutants Thr104Ile and Tyr108Cys associated with familial hypogonadotropic hypogonadismGuadalupe Maya-Nunez
Research Unit in Reproductive Medicine, Hospital de Ginecobstetricia Luis Castelazo Ayala, Instituto Mexicano del Seguro Social, Mexico D F, Mexico
Mol Cell Endocrinol 337:16-23. 2011..mechanisms whereby the Thr104Ile and Tyr108Cys mutations in the gonadotropin-releasing hormone receptor (GnRHR) gene cause hypogonadotropic hypogonadism in humans are unknown...
- A novel mouse model of hypogonadotrophic hypogonadism: N-ethyl-N-nitrosourea-induced gonadotropin-releasing hormone receptor gene mutationAndrew J Pask
Department of Molecular Genetics, University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Mol Endocrinol 19:972-81. 2005..determined that the N-ethyl-N-nitrosourea-induced lesion is in the third transmembrane domain of the GnRH receptor gene (Gnrhr)...
- Mutational analysis of DAX1 in patients with hypogonadotropic hypogonadism or pubertal delayJ C Achermann
Division of Endocrinology, Metabolism, and Molecular Medicine, Northwestern University Medical School, Chicago, Illinois 60611, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 84:4497-500. 1999..forms of hypogonadotropic hypogonadism (HH) are clearer, following the description of mutations in the genes KAL, GNRHR, and PROP1. Mutations in another gene, DAX1 (AHC), cause X-linked adrenal hypoplasia congenita and HH...
- Differential effects of gonadotropin-releasing hormone (GnRH) pulse frequency on gonadotropin subunit and GnRH receptor messenger ribonucleic acid levels in vitroU B Kaiser
Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Endocrinology 138:1224-31. 1997..b>GnRH receptor (GnRHR) mRNA levels also were increased by GnRH at all pulse frequencies and were stimulated maximally at a ..
- Transforming growth factor-beta modulates inhibin A bioactivity in the LbetaT2 gonadotrope cell line by competing for binding to betaglycanJean Francois Ethier
Prince Henry s Institute of Medical Research, Clayton, Victoria 3168, Australia
Mol Endocrinol 16:2754-63. 2002Activin stimulates expression of GnRH receptor (GnRHR) and FSH beta-subunit in gonadotropes. Inhibin antagonizes activin actions on the gonadotropes, but its molecular mechanism of action remains poorly understood...
- Expression of type I GNRH receptor and in vivo and in vitro GNRH-I effects in corpora lutea of pseudopregnant rabbitsMassimo Zerani
Scuola di Scienze mediche veterinarie, Universita di Camerino, 62024 Matelica, Italy
J Endocrinol 207:289-300. 2010The expression of type I GNRH receptor (GNRHR-I) and the direct role of GNRH-I on corpora lutea (CL) function were studied in the pseudopregnant rabbit model...
- Development of novel 68Ga- and 18F-labeled GnRH-I analogues with high GnRHR-targeting efficiencyMargret Schottelius
Nuklearmedizinische Klinik and Poliklinik, Klinikum rechts der Isar, Technische Universitat Munchen, 81675 Munchen, Germany
Bioconjug Chem 19:1256-68. 2008A large majority of tumors of the reproductive system express the gonadotropin releasing hormone receptor (GnRHR)...
- Agonist-induced internalization and downregulation of gonadotropin-releasing hormone receptorsAnn R Finch
Univ of Bristol, Laboratory for Integrative Neuroscience, Bristol, BS1 3NY, UK
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 297:C591-600. 2009..Sustained stimulation desensitizes GnRH receptor (GnRHR)-mediated gonadotropin secretion, and this underlies agonist use in hormone-dependent cancers...
- c-Jun N-terminal kinase activation of activator protein-1 underlies homologous regulation of the gonadotropin-releasing hormone receptor gene in alpha T3-1 cellsBuffy S Ellsworth
Animal Reproduction and Biotechnology Laboratory, Department of Biomedical Sciences, College of Veterinary Medicine and Biomedical Sciences, Colorado State University, Fort Collins, Colorado 80523, USA
Endocrinology 144:839-49. 2003..GnRH activation of the GnRH receptor (GnRHR) is a potent stimulus for increased expression of multiple genes including the gene encoding the GnRHR ..
- Signaling by G-protein-coupled receptor (GPCR): studies on the GnRH receptorZvi Naor
Department of Biochemistry, The George S Wise Faculty of Life Sciences, Tel Aviv University, Ramat Aviv, Israel
Front Neuroendocrinol 30:10-29. 2009..The interaction of GnRH with its cognate type I receptor (GnRHR) in pituitary gonadotropes results in the activation of Gq/G(11), phospholipase Cbeta (PLCbetaI), PLA(2), and PLD...
- Ability of luteinizing hormone releasing hormone-Pseudomonas aeruginosa exotoxin 40 binding to LHRH receptor on human liver cancer cellsShou Liang Gong
Radiobiology Research Unit of Ministry of Public Health, School of Public Health, Jilin University, Changchun 130021, Jilin Province, China
World J Gastroenterol 10:2870-3. 2004To explore the ability of recombinant toxin luteinizing hormone releasing hormone-Pseudomonas aeruginosa exotoxin 40 (LHRH-PE40) and LHRH binding to LHRH receptor (LHRHR) on the membrane surface of human liver cancer HEPG cells.
- Expression of a gonadotropin-releasing hormone receptor-simian virus 40 T-antigen transgene has sex-specific effects on the reproductive axisKyeong Hoon Jeong
Harvard Medical School, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Division of Endocrinology, Diabetes and Hypertension, 221 Longwood Avenue, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Endocrinology 150:3383-91. 2009The GnRH receptor (GnRHR) responds to pulsatile GnRH signals to coordinate pituitary gonadotropin synthesis and secretion. Previously, a 1...
- Gonadotropin-releasing hormone receptor (GnRHR) gene expression is differently modulated in gender types of the hermaphroditic fish Kryptolebias marmoratus by endocrine disrupting chemicalsJae Sung Rhee
Department of Molecular and Environmental Bioscience, Graduate School, Hanyang University, Seoul 133 791, South Korea
Comp Biochem Physiol C Toxicol Pharmacol 147:357-65. 2008..In this study, we have identified a GnRH receptor (GnRHR) gene from the hermaphroditic fish Kryptolebias marmoratus. K...
- Identification of a gonadotropin-releasing hormone receptor orthologue in Caenorhabditis elegansSivan Vadakkadath Meethal
Section of Geriatrics and Gerontology, Department of Medicine, University of Wisconsin and Geriatric Research, Education and Clinical Center, Veterans Administration Hospital, Madison, WI 53705, USA
BMC Evol Biol 6:103. 2006..This study examined whether GPCRs orthologous to human gonadotropin-releasing hormone receptor (GnRHR) exist in C. elegans.
- Participation of the endoplasmic reticulum protein chaperone thio-oxidoreductase in gonadotropin-releasing hormone receptor expression at the plasma membraneW Lucca-Junior
Division of Neuroscience and Reproductive Sciences, Oregon National Primate Research Center, Oregon Health and Science University, ONPRC OHSU, Beaverton, Oregon, USA
Braz J Med Biol Res 42:164-7. 2009..aim of the present study was to evaluate the participation of ERp18 in gonadotropin-releasing hormone receptor (GnRHR) expression at the plasma membrane...
- E-box regulation of gonadotropin-releasing hormone (GnRH) receptor expression in immortalized gonadotrope cellsD Resuehr
Department of Biomedical Sciences, Florida State University College of Medicine, Tallahassee, FL 32306 4300, USA
Mol Cell Endocrinol 278:36-43. 2007..hormone GnRH (gonadotropin-releasing hormone) depends directly on the gonadotrope-specific expression of the GnRH receptor (GnRHR), a G-protein coupled transmembrane protein coded by the GnRHR gene...
- Gonadotropin-releasing hormone receptorsRobert P Millar
Medical Research Council Human Reproductive Sciences Unit, Centre for Reproductive Biology, Chancellor s Building, 49 Little France Crescent, Edinburgh EH16 4SB, Scotland, United Kingdom
Endocr Rev 25:235-75. 2004..Although the predominant coupling of the type I GnRH receptor in the gonadotrope is through productive G(q) stimulation, signal transduction can occur via other G ..
- Protein disulfide isomerase chaperone ERP-57 decreases plasma membrane expression of the human GnRH receptorRodrigo Ayala Yáñez
Oregon National Primate Research Center, Beaverton, 97006, USA
Cell Biochem Funct 28:66-73. 2010..CANX interacts with and restricts plasma membrane expression (PME) of the gonadotropin releasing hormone receptor (GnRHR), a G protein-coupled receptor...
- Evolution of GnRH ligand precursors and GnRH receptors in protochordate and vertebrate speciesKevin Morgan
MRC Human Reproductive Sciences Unit, Old Dalkeith Road, Edinburgh EH16 4SB, UK
Gen Comp Endocrinol 139:191-7. 2004..In contrast, only one functional GnRH receptor gene (the type I GnRH receptor) has been identified in humans and chimpanzees and a gene encoding a second receptor, homologous to a ..
- Mammalian type I gonadotropin-releasing hormone receptors undergo slow, constitutive, agonist-independent internalizationAdam J Pawson
Medical Research Council Human Reproductive Sciences Unit, The Queen s Medical Research Institute, 47 Little France Crescent, Edinburgh EH16 4TJ, United Kingdom
Endocrinology 149:1415-22. 2008..internalization but underwent robust agonist-dependent internalization, as did chimeras of the mammalian type I GnRH receptor with the cytoplasmic carboxyl-terminal tails of the catfish GnRH receptor or the rat TRH receptor...
- Dose-dependent switch in response of gonadotropin-releasing hormone (GnRH) neurons to GnRH mediated through the type I GnRH receptorChun Xu
Department of Internal Medicine, P O Box 800578, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA 22908, USA
Endocrinology 145:728-35. 2004..Cultured embryonic and immortalized GnRH neurons express GnRH receptor type I (GnRHR-1), but expression has not been shown in adult GnRH neurons...
- Activin responsiveness of the murine gonadotropin-releasing hormone receptor gene is mediated by a composite enhancer containing spatially distinct regulatory elementsBrian D Cherrington
Colorado State University, Department of Biomedical Sciences Animal Reproduction and Biotechnology Laboratory, 1683 Campus Delivery, Ft Collins, Colorado 80523, USA
Mol Endocrinol 19:898-912. 2005The promoters of mouse and rat GnRH receptor (GnRHR) genes differ markedly in regard to activin regulation. Activin stimulates the mouse GnRHR promoter, although it has no impact on that of the rat...
- Characterization of an intrinsically fluorescent gonadotropin-releasing hormone receptor and effects of ligand binding on receptor lateral diffusionS Nelson
Department of Physiology, Colorado State University, Fort Collins 80523, USA
Endocrinology 140:950-7. 1999The GnRH receptor (GnRHR) is a G protein-coupled receptor expressed by gonadotropes in the anterior pituitary gland...
- Differential impact of intracellular carboxyl terminal domains on lipid raft localization of the murine gonadotropin-releasing hormone receptorAmy M Navratil
Department of Biomedical Sciences, Animal Reproduction and Biotechnology Laboratory, Colorado State University, Fort Collins, Colorado 80523, USA
Biol Reprod 74:788-97. 2006The mammalian type I GNRH receptor (GNRHR) is unique among G protein-coupled receptors (GPCRs) because of the absence of an intracellular C-terminus...
- Retention and silencing of prepro-GnRH-II and type II GnRH receptor genes in mammalsAlan J Stewart
MRC Human Reproductive Sciences Unit, Queen s Medical Research Institute, Edinburgh, UK
Neuroendocrinology 90:416-32. 2009The decapeptide hypothalamic-pituitary gonadotrophin-releasing hormone (GnRH)-I and the type I GnRH receptor drive the reproductive hormonal cascade in mammals by stimulating synthesis and secretion of luteinising hormone (LH) and ..
- Microarray analysis of Foxl2 mediated gene regulation in the mouse ovary derived KK1 granulosa cell line: Over-expression of Foxl2 leads to activation of the gonadotropin releasing hormone receptor gene promoterJean M Escudero
Department of Biological and Health Sciences, Texas A and M University Kingsville, Kingsville, TX, USA
J Ovarian Res 3:4. 2010..The mechanism of Foxl2 regulation of this process has not been elucidated. Our approach to begin to understand Foxl2 function is through the identification of Foxl2 regulated genes in the ovary...
- Transcriptional regulation of the gonadotropin-releasing hormone receptor gene is mediated in part by a putative repressor element and by the cyclic adenosine 3',5'-monophosphate response elementG Maya-Nunez
Oregon Regional Primate Research Center, Beaverton 97006, USA
Endocrinology 140:3452-8. 1999The levels of the GnRH receptor (GnRHR) and its messenger RNA depend on the pattern of administration of GnRH...
- Design of potent dicyclic (4-10/5-8) gonadotropin releasing hormone (GnRH) antagonistsJ E Rivier
The Clayton Foundation Laboratories for Peptide Biology, The Salk Institute, 10010 North Torrey Pines Road, La Jolla, California 92037, USA
J Med Chem 43:784-96. 2000..number of cyclic (4-10) and (5-8) and dicyclic (4-10/5-8) GnRH antagonists optimized for affinity to the rat GnRH receptor and in vivo antiovulatory potency...
- Regulation of expression of mammalian gonadotrophin-releasing hormone receptor genesJ P Hapgood
Department of Biochemistry, University of Stellenbosch, Matieland, South Africa
J Neuroendocrinol 17:619-38. 2005Gonadotrophin-releasing hormone (GnRH), acting via its cognate GnRH receptor (GnRHR), is the primary regulator of mammalian reproductive function, and hence GnRH analogues are extensively used in the treatment of hormone-dependent ..
- Regulation of pituitary GnRH receptor and gonadotropin subunits by IGF1 and GnRH in prepubertal male coho salmonJ Adam Luckenbach
School of Aquatic and Fishery Sciences, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
Gen Comp Endocrinol 167:387-96. 2010..of IGF1 alone or in combination with gonadotropin-releasing hormone (GnRH) on pituitary transcripts for GnRH receptor (GnRHR) variants, follicle-stimulating hormone (FSH), luteinizing hormone (LH), growth hormone (GH), and IGF, ..
- Plasma membrane expression of gonadotropin-releasing hormone receptors: regulation by peptide and nonpeptide antagonistsAnn R Finch
Laboratory for Integrative Neuroscience, Department of Clinical Sciences at South Bristol, Whitson Street, Bristol BS1 3NY, United Kingdom
Mol Endocrinol 24:423-35. 2010..Here we have quantified GnRHR by automated imaging in HeLa cells transduced with adenovirus expressing hemagglutinin-tagged GnRHR...
- Structure, expression, and cluster organization of genes encoding gonadotropin-releasing hormone receptors found in the neural complex of the ascidian Ciona intestinalisTakehiro Kusakabe
Graduate School of Science, Himeji Institute of Technology, Harima Science Garden City, 3 2 1 Kouto, Kamigori, Ako gun, 678 1297 Hyogo, Japan
Gene 322:77-84. 2003..In the present study, two distinct homologues (Ci-GnRHR1 and Ci-GnRHR2) of the vertebrate GnRH receptor (GnRHR) were identified by cDNA cloning from the neural complex of the ascidian Ciona intestinalis...
- Functions of a GnRH receptor heterodimer of the ascidian, Ciona intestinalisT Sakai
Suntory Institute for Bioorganic Research, Osaka, Japan
Acta Biol Hung 59:241-3. 2008..Recently, six GnRH forms (t-GnRH-3-8) and four GnRH receptor subtypes (Ci-GnRHR-1-4) were identified in the protochordate, Ciona intestinalis...
- Differential role of gonadotropin-releasing hormone on human ovarian epithelial cancer cell invasionChien Lin Chen
Graduate Institute of Clinical Medical Sciences, College of Medicine, Chang Gung University, Taiwan, China
Endocrine 31:311-20. 2007..GnRH receptor reversed GnRH-I and GnRH-II-mediated invasion activities, suggesting that the same receptor, type I GnRH receptor, is essential for the effects of GnRH-I and GnRH-II in both OVCAR-3 and SKOV-3...
- The GnRH receptor gene is preferentially expressed in functioning gonadotroph adenomas and displays a Mae III polymorphism siteM L Kottler
Endocrinologie Cellulaire et Moleculaire de la Reproduction, URA CNRS 1449, Universite P and M Curie, Paris, France
Clin Endocrinol (Oxf) 49:115-23. 1998Given the central role of the GnRH receptor (GnRHR) in the regulation of the gonadotrophin secretion, it might be implicated directly or indirectly in the pathogenesis of gonadotroph tumours.
- Gonadotropin-releasing hormone receptor expression in endometrial cancerYong Tark Jeon
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, College of Medicine, Seoul National University, Seoul, Korea
Int J Gynecol Pathol 28:19-22. 2009Several studies have previously reported the expression of the gonadotropin-releasing hormone receptor (GnRHr) in cases of endometrial cancer...
- GnRH receptor and androgen receptor status and outcome of advanced prostate carcinomasJános Szabó
Department of Urology, Central Hospital of the Hungarian Army, H 1134, Róbert k krt 44, Budapest, Hungary
Anticancer Res 29:681-4. 2009..a result of breaking the pituitary-gonadal axis, and partly the direct action on tumor cells expressing the GnRH receptor (GnRHR)...
- Regulation of gonadotropin-releasing hormone (GnRH) receptor-I expression in the pituitary and ovary by a GnRH agonist and antagonistYaqin Mo
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, The Second Affiliated Hospital of Sun Yat sen University, Guangzhou 510120, Guangdong, China
Reprod Sci 17:68-77. 2010..the effects of gonadotropin-releasing hormone agonist (GnRH-a) and antagonist (GnRH-ant) on the expression of GnRH receptor-I (GnRHR-I) in pituitary and ovaries in cyclophosphamide (CTX) chemotherapeutic rats and to investigate the ..
- Disruption of the single copy gonadotropin-releasing hormone receptor in mice by gene trap: severe reduction of reproductive organs and functions in developing and adult miceSheng Wu
Department of Biology, University of Victoria, 3800 Finnerty Road, Victoria, British Columbia, Canada
Endocrinology 151:1142-52. 2010Mutations in the GnRH receptor gene (GNRHR) can result in hypogonadotropic hypogonadism in humans. Unlike most mammals, mice lack a second form of GnRH (GnRH2) and a type 2 GnRH receptor...
- Intracellular signaling pathways mediated by the gonadotropin-releasing hormone (GnRH) receptorS Kraus
Department of Biological Regulation, The Weizmann Institute of Science, Rehovot, Israel
Arch Med Res 32:499-509. 2001..Here we review the intracellular signaling pathways mediated by the GnRH receptor (GnRHR)...
- Essential role of the homeodomain for pituitary homeobox 1 activation of mouse gonadotropin-releasing hormone receptor gene expression through interactions with c-Jun and DNAKyeong Hoon Jeong
Division of Endocrinology, Diabetes, and Hypertension, Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Mol Cell Biol 24:6127-39. 2004The gonadotropin-releasing hormone receptor (GnRHR) is expressed primarily in the gonadotropes of the anterior pituitary...
- Identification of Ser153 in ICL2 of the gonadotropin-releasing hormone (GnRH) receptor as a phosphorylation-independent site for inhibition of Gq couplingSharon Shacham
Department of Biochemistry, George S Wise Faculty of Life Sciences, Tel Aviv University, Ramat Aviv 69978, Israel
J Biol Chem 280:28981-8. 2005Type I gonadotropin-releasing hormone (GnRH) receptor (GnRHR) is unique among mammalian G-protein-coupled receptors (GPCRs) in lacking a C-terminal tail, which is involved in desensitization in GPCRs...
- Signaling complexes associated with the type I gonadotropin-releasing hormone (GnRH) receptor: colocalization of extracellularly regulated kinase 2 and GnRH receptor within membrane raftsStuart P Bliss
Department of Biomedical Sciences, Cornell University, Ithaca, New York 14853, USA
Mol Endocrinol 21:538-49. 2007Our previous work demonstrated that the type I GnRH receptor (GnRHR) resides exclusively and constitutively within membrane rafts in alphaT3-1 gonadotropes and that this association was necessary for the ability of the receptor to couple ..
- GnRH receptor and GPR54 inactivation in isolated gonadotropic deficiencyNicolas de Roux
INSERM U690, Hopital Robert Debre, 48 Bld Serurier, 75019 Paris, France
Best Pract Res Clin Endocrinol Metab 20:515-28. 2006..GnRH resistance due to GnRH receptor (GnRHR) germ-line mutations was the first genetic alteration identified in patients with IHH...
- Expression and localization of gonadotropin-releasing hormone receptor in the rat oviduct during pregnancyAnamika Sengupta
Department of Physiology, Morehouse School of Medicine, 720 Westview Drive S W, Atlanta, GA 30310 1495, USA
J Histochem Cytochem 56:25-31. 2008..GnRH during pregnancy in rats, the present investigation aims at the study of the relative expression of GnRH receptor (GnRHR) mRNA by real-time PCR followed by immunolocalization of the peptide in the oviduct during pregnancy...
- Gonadotropin-releasing hormone: GnRH receptor signaling in extrapituitary tissuesLydia W T Cheung
School of Biological Sciences, University of Hong Kong, China
FEBS J 275:5479-95. 2008..b>GnRH receptor (GnRHR) was found to be expressed in normal human reproductive tissues (e.g...
- Human gonadotropin-releasing hormone receptor-activated cellular functions and signaling pathways in extra-pituitary tissues and cancer cells (Review)Arturo Aguilar-Rojas
Research Unit in Reproductive Medicine, IMSS, Unidad Médica de Alta Especialidad UMAE en Ginecología y Obstetricia No 4 Dr Luis Castelazo Ayala, sexto piso, 01090 México, D F, Mexico
Oncol Rep 22:981-90. 2009Human gonadotropin-releasing hormone receptor (GnRHR) and its natural ligand human gonadotropin-releasing hormone (GnRH) were initially described as signaling complexes that play a key role in reproductive functions...
- Genomic and nongenomic cross talk between the gonadotropin-releasing hormone receptor and glucocorticoid receptor signaling pathwaysAndrea Kotitschke
Department of Molecular and Cell Biology, University of Cape Town, Private Bag X3, Rondebosch 7700, South Africa
Mol Endocrinol 23:1726-45. 2009The GnRH receptor (GnRHR), a member of the G protein-coupled receptor family, is a central regulator of reproductive function in all vertebrates...
- A role of Histidine151 in the lamprey gonadotropin-releasing hormone receptor-1 (lGnRHR-1): Functional insight of diverse amino acid residues in the position of Tyr of the DRY motif in GnRHR from an ancestral type II receptorTakayoshi Kosugi
Center for Molecular and Comparative Endocrinology, University of New Hampshire, 46 College Road, Durham, NH 3824, USA
Gen Comp Endocrinol 166:498-503. 2010..These results suggest that His(151) of the lamprey GnRH receptor-1 may play a critical role in the retention of a certain level of cell-surface expression for subsequent ..
- A novel human GnRH receptor homolog gene: abundant and wide tissue distribution of the antisense transcriptR Millar
MRC Molecular Reproductive Endocrinology Research Unit, University of Cape Town Medical School, Observatory 7925, South Africa
J Endocrinol 162:117-26. 1999..PCR of cDNA from a wide range of tissues revealed that intronic sequence equivalent to intron 2 of the Type I GnRH receptor was retained...
- Differential regulation of gonadotropin subunit gene promoter activity by pulsatile gonadotropin-releasing hormone (GnRH) in perifused L beta T2 cells: role of GnRH receptor concentrationGregoy Y Bedecarrats
Endocrine Hypertension Division, Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Endocrinology 144:1802-11. 2003..systematically characterized the effects of varying GnRH pulse frequencies on LH beta, FSH beta, alpha, and GnRH receptor (GnRHR) gene promoter stimulation in L beta T2 cells...
- Induction of PER1 mRNA expression in immortalized gonadotropes by gonadotropin-releasing hormone (GnRH): involvement of protein kinase C and MAP kinase signalingJames Olcese
Department of Biomedical Sciences, Florida State University College of Medicine, Tallahassee, Florida 32306 4300, USA
Chronobiol Int 23:143-50. 2006..release of FSH and LH from the pituitary pars distalis via signaling pathways that are activated by the type I GnRH receptor (GnRH-R)...
- Trapping of a nonpeptide ligand by the extracellular domains of the gonadotropin-releasing hormone receptor results in insurmountable antagonismTrudy A Kohout
Department of Endocrinology, Neurocrine Biosciences Inc, 12790 El Camino Real, San Diego, CA 92130, USA
Mol Pharmacol 72:238-47. 2007..Long-term suppression of the gonadotropin-releasing hormone receptor (GnRHR) is an important therapeutic approach for a number of sex hormone-dependent diseases...
- Adipokinetic hormone signaling through the gonadotropin-releasing hormone receptor modulates egg-laying in Caenorhabditis elegansMarleen Lindemans
Functional Genomics and Proteomics Research Unit, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Naamsestraat 59, B 3000 Leuven, Belgium
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106:1642-7. 2009..In this study, the ligand for the GnRH receptor in the nematode Caenorhabditis elegans (Ce-GnRHR) was found using a bioinformatics approach...
- Evidence for differential regulation of GnRH signaling via heterodimerization among GnRH receptor paralogs in the protochordate, Ciona intestinalisTsubasa Sakai
Bioorganic Research Institute, Suntory Foundation for Life Sciences, Osaka 618 8503, Japan
Endocrinology 153:1841-9. 2012..Ciona intestinalis, has been found to possess seven GnRH (tGnRH-3 to -8 and Ci-GnRH-X) and four GnRHR (Ci-GnRHR1 to -4). Moreover, Ci-GnRHR4 (R4) does not bind to any Ciona GnRH and activate any signaling pathways...
- Cloning and functional expression of a mouse gonadotropin-releasing hormone receptorM Tsutsumi
Fishberg Research Center in Neurobiology, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, New York 10029
Mol Endocrinol 6:1163-9. 1992..Determination of the predicted structure of the GnRH receptor (GnRHR) would illuminate the mechanisms of receptor activation and regulation and allow directed design of ..
- An activator protein 1-like motif mediates 17beta-estradiol repression of gonadotropin-releasing hormone receptor promoter via an estrogen receptor alpha-dependent mechanism in ovarian and breast cancer cellsChi Keung Cheng
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada V6H 3V5
Mol Endocrinol 17:2613-29. 2003Although it is recognized that estrogen is one of the most important regulators of GnRH receptor (GnRHR) gene expression, the mechanism underlying the regulation at the transcriptional level is unknown...
- Type II gonadotrophin-releasing hormone (GnRH-II) in reproductive biologyAdam J Pawson
Human Reproductive Sciences Unit, Medical Research Council, Edinburgh EH16 4SB, UK
Reproduction 126:271-8. 2003..GnRH precursor genes, on chromosomes 8p11-p21 and 20p13, but only one conventional GnRH receptor subtype (type I GnRH receptor) encoded within the genome, on chromosome 4...
- Hippocampal mossy fibre terminal field size is differentially affected in a rat model of risk-taking behaviourCeylan Isgor
Mental Health Research Institute, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 0720, USA
Behav Brain Res 153:7-14. 2004..The LRHR phenotype is a reliable predictor of drug-taking behaviour and is linked to differences in hippocampal ..
- Evidence that prostate gonadotropin-releasing hormone receptors mediate an anti-tumourigenic response to analogue therapy in hormone refractory prostate cancerV J Gnanapragasam
Urology Research Group, Northern Institute for Cancer Research, Medical School, University of Newcastle upon Tyne, Framlington Place, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE2 4HH, UK
J Pathol 206:205-13. 2005..b>GnRHR protein expression was first studied in a panel of prostate cancer cell lines...
- Fanconi anemia A is a nucleocytoplasmic shuttling molecule required for gonadotropin-releasing hormone (GnRH) transduction of the GnRH receptorRachel Larder
Medical Research Council, Human Reproductive Sciences Unit, Centre for Reproductive Biology, The Queen s Medical Research Institute, 47 Little France Crescent, Edinburgh EH16 4JT, Scotland, United Kingdom
Endocrinology 147:5676-89. 2006GnRH binds its cognate G protein-coupled GnRH receptor (GnRHR) located on pituitary gonadotropes and drives expression of gonadotropin hormones...
- P-cadherin cooperates with insulin-like growth factor-1 receptor to promote metastatic signaling of gonadotropin-releasing hormone in ovarian cancer via p120 cateninL W T Cheung
School of Biological Sciences, University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong, Hong Kong
Oncogene 30:2964-74. 2011..Furthermore, using a mouse model of ovarian cancer metastasis, GnRH receptor knockdown was shown to diminish peritoneal dissemination of tumors and ascites formation...
- Pituitary adenylate cyclase-activating polypeptide (PACAP) increases expression of the gonadotropin-releasing hormone (GnRH) receptor in GnRH-producing GT1-7 cells overexpressing PACAP type I receptorHaruhiko Kanasaki
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Shimane University, School of Medicine, Izumo 693 8501, Japan Electronic address
Gen Comp Endocrinol 193:95-102. 2013..PACAP stimulated the promoter activity of GnRH receptor (GnRHR) with increasing levels of GnRHR proteins...
- [Multiplex ligation dependent probe amplification analysis of KAL1, GNRH1, GNRHR, PROK2 and PROKR2 in male patients with idiopathic hypogonadotropic hypogonadism]Yalcin Basaran
Departments of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Gulhane School of Medicine, Ankara, Turkey
Endokrynol Pol 64:285-92. 2013The purpose of this study was to determine the prevalence of KAL1, GNRH1, GNRHR, PROK2, and PROKR2 copy numbervariations in patients with idiopathic hypogonadotropic hypogonadism (IHH).
- Kisspeptin induces expression of gonadotropin-releasing hormone receptor in GnRH-producing GT1-7 cells overexpressing G protein-coupled receptor 54Unurjargal Sukhbaatar
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Shimane University School of Medicine, Izumo City 693 8501, Japan
Gen Comp Endocrinol 194:94-101. 2013..In the present study, we found that kisspeptin increases GnRH receptor (GnRHR) expression in a GnRH-producing cell line (GT1-7)...
- Characterization of the mechanism of inhibin α-subunit gene in mouse anterior pituitary cells by RNA interferenceLi Han
State Key Laboratory of Agricultural Microbiology, Laboratory of Animal Infectious Diseases, College of Animal Science and Veterinary Medicine, Huazhong Agricultural University, Wuhan, Hubei, China Key Lab of Agricultural Animal Genetics, Breeding and Reproduction of Ministry of Education College of Animal Science and Veterinary Medicine, Huazhong Agricultural University, Wuhan, Hubei, China
PLoS ONE 8:e74596. 2013..resulted in significant up-regulation of mRNA and protein expressions of Gondotropin releasing hormone receptors [GnRHR] and down-regulated mRNA levels of β-glycans with parellel change in the amount of its protein expression...
- [Congenital hypogonadotropic hypogonadism and Kallmann syndrome in males]Cristina Ghervan
University of Medicine and Pharmacy Iuliu Hatieganu, Endocrinology Department, Cluj Napoca, Roumanie
Presse Med 43:152-61. 2014..secretion (mutations in GNRH1, GPR54/KISS1R and TAC3 and TACR3) or the GnRH sensitivity of gonadotropic cells (GNRHR) have been found...
- Colin M Clay; Fiscal Year: 2014..First, E2 enhances sensitivity of the pituitary by increasing GnRH receptor expression. Second and temporally delayed, it stimulates increased hypothalamic secretion of GnRH...
- Molecular Analysis of GnRH ActionMark S Roberson; Fiscal Year: 2012..signaling molecules within the pituitary gland and how this compartmentalization affects signaling from of the GnRH receptor. Moreover, these studies will define the in vivo impact of genetic loss of key GnRH-regulated signaling ..
- MOUSE MODEL FOR DISEASES OF PROTEIN MISFOLDINGP Michael Conn; Fiscal Year: 2012..e. the gonadotropin releasing hormone receptor)...
- Homeodomain Repressor Msx1 in Gonadotrope DifferentiationHuimin Xie; Fiscal Year: 2012..pituitary development by repressing the early gonadotrope-specific genes: the common 1-subunit (1GSU) and GnRH receptor (GnRHR), thus coordinating the onset of the gonadotrope-specific gene program...
- Ursula B Kaiser; Fiscal Year: 2016..At the level of the anterior pituitary, GnRH binds to the GnRH receptor (GnRHR), located on the cell surface of pituitary gonadotropes, to stimulate the synthesis and release of the ..
- Partitioning of Misfolded Membrane Proteins Between Different Degradatory FatesSCOTT ANDREW HOUCK; Fiscal Year: 2013..b>Gonadotropin releasing hormone receptor (GnRHR), a G protein-coupled receptor (GPCR), contains no cytoplasmic or extracellular domains ..
- REGULATION OF GNRH RECEPTOR GENE EXPRESSIONColin Clay; Fiscal Year: 2004..Thus, the GnRH receptor (GnRHR) is the site that receives and mediates the primary stimulatory input to gonadotropes...
- Lawrence C Layman; Fiscal Year: 2014..Although mutations in KAL1, FGFR1, and GNRHR genes account for 20-30% of cases and digenic disease has been reported in a few families, the molecular basis for ..
- MOLECULAR CHARACTERIZATION OF GNRH RECEPTORSSHAM KAKAR; Fiscal Year: 2001..glucocorticoid, testosterone, GnRH, inhibin, TPA and cAMP, 3) To identify the cells in tumors expressing GnRH receptor using a monoclonal antibody, and 4) To determine the expression of GnRH and GnRHR in normal and tumor tissues...
- Cytotoxic Gonadotropin Releasing Hormone DerivativesL Glode; Fiscal Year: 2003..prostate and breast cancer and to cancers not thought of as hormone-responsive which nevertheless express the GnRH receptor, such as ovarian, and possibly pancreatic and hepatocellular carcinoma...
- The role of FGF signaling in neuroendocrine control of reproductionNelly Pitteloud; Fiscal Year: 2012..hypogonadism [nIHH]) have provided unique insights into the genes controlling sexual maturation (KAL1, GNRHR, FGFR1, and GPR54)...
- Novel Receptor-Targeting Theranostic Peptides for Prostate CancerYubin Miao; Fiscal Year: 2013..b>GnRHR is a distinct target in this project for developing effective prostate cancer-specific imaging probes due to its ..
- Pregnancy Intentions of HIV-Infected Women: Forwarding a Research AgendaSofia Gruskin; Fiscal Year: 2009DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Abstract: The Group on Reproductive Health and Rights (GRHR), based in the Harvard Center for Population and Development Studies, proposes a three-day conference to examine the pregnancy intentions of ..
- Genes, OP Pesticides, and Reproductive HealthScott Venners; Fiscal Year: 2007..of organophosphate pesticide and endocrine function including: CYP3A4, PON1, PON2, PON3, GSTM1, BCHE, ESR1, GnRHR LHCGR, and FSHR. Dr...
- GONADOTROPIN-RELEASING HORMONE ACTIONP Michael Conn; Fiscal Year: 2008..difficult to synthesize; GnRH is virtually impossible to denature), and availability of vectors encoding the GnRH receptor and many mutants (along with fluorescent probes) from a range of species and tissues...
- Modulation of Insulin Action by Testosterone in MenNelly Pitteloud; Fiscal Year: 2010..Therefore, if low T levels are shown to play a role in the pathogenesis of insulin resistance, T may well represent an important therapeutic modality for both preventing and treating the metabolic syndrome and type 2 diabetes in men. ..
- Genotype /phenotype correlations in infertilityLAWRENCE LAYMAN; Fiscal Year: 2006..The elucidation and analysis of gene mutations in infertile patients will be important to determine the genetic basis of some forms of infertility and to determine the underlying mechanisms of puberty and reproduction...
- Characterizing Mammalian Embryonic polyA Binding ProteinEmre Seli; Fiscal Year: 2008....
- Differential Regulation of GnRH Gene ExpressionHelen Kim; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- SYNTHETIC SUBSTANCES CONTROLLING REPRODUCTIONJean Rivier; Fiscal Year: 2005..of potent and long acting GnRH agonists inhibits gonadal functions through desensitization of the GnRH receptor. This property is used clinically for t he treatment of prostate cancers, managed of endometriosis and in ..
- Antiapoptotic Activity of Alzheimer AbetaCraig Atwood; Fiscal Year: 2003..We also will test whether oxidative stress induces neurons to re-enter the cell cycle as a mechanism leading to cell death. ..
- PITUITARY CELLS TO STUDY MALE INFERTILITYSTEPHEN WINTERS; Fiscal Year: 2002..abstract_text> ..
- Somatostatin Receptor-Selective Agonists and AntagonistsJean Rivier; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..