Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: GNAT3
Description: G protein subunit alpha transducin 3
Alias: GDCA, guanine nucleotide-binding protein G(t) subunit alpha-3, guanine nucleotide binding protein, alpha transducing 3, gustatory G protein, gustducin alpha-3 chain, gustducin, alpha polypeptide
- Gut-expressed gustducin and taste receptors regulate secretion of glucagon-like peptide-1Hyeung Jin Jang
National Institute on Aging National Institutes of Health, 5600 Nathan Shock Drive, Baltimore, MD 21224, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 104:15069-74. 2007..Modulating GLP-1 secretion in gut "taste cells" may provide an important treatment for obesity, diabetes and abnormal gut motility...
- Association between common variation in genes encoding sweet taste signaling components and human sucrose perceptionAlexey A Fushan
National Institute on Deafness and Other Communication Disorders, National Institutes of Health, Rockville, MD 20850, USA
Chem Senses 35:579-92. 2010..analysis revealed significant correlation of sucrose AUC scores with genetic variation occurring in the GNAT3 gene (single point P = 10(-3) to 10(-4)), which encodes the taste-specific G(alpha) protein subunit gustducin...
- Bile acid flux through portal but not peripheral veins inhibits CYP7A1 expression without involvement of ileal FGF19 in rabbitsQuan Shang
Department of Medicine, Rutgers, New Jersey Medical School, Newark, New Jersey Medical Research Service, Veterans Affairs Medical Center, East Orange, New Jersey
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 307:G479-86. 2014..A rabbit model was developed by infusing glycodeoxycholic acid (GDCA) through the splenic vein to bypass ileal FGF19...
- Anisotropy in laser performance of Yb:GdCa4O(BO3)3 crystalJunhai Liu
College of Physics, Qingdao University, Ning Xia Road 308, Qingdao 266071, China
Appl Opt 47:5436-41. 2008We report distinct laser performance of Yb:GdCa(4)O(BO(3))(3) crystals cut along different principal optical axes using an unpolarized diode pump...
- First measurement of the nonlinear coefficient for Gd(1-X)Lu(X)Ca(4)O(BO(3))(3) and Gd(1-X)Sc(X)Ca(4)O(BO(3))(3) crystalsMartin T Andersen
Technical University of Denmark, Department of Physics, DK 2800 Kgs Lyngby
Opt Express 15:4893-901. 2007The effective nonlinear coefficient and temperature acceptance bandwidth of three Lu and Sc co-doped GdCa(4)O(BO(3))(3) type nonlinear crystals were measured...
- Thermodynamic and solution state NMR characterization of the binding of secondary and conjugated bile acids to STARD5Danny Létourneau
Departement de Biochimie, Faculte de Medecine et des Sciences de la Sante, Universite de Sherbrooke, Sherbrooke, Quebec J1H 5N4, Canada
Biochim Biophys Acta 1831:1589-99. 2013..The relative STARD5 affinity for the different bile acids studied is: DCA>LCA>CDCA>GDCA>TDCA>CA>UDCA. TCA and GCA do not bind significantly to STARD5...
- Functional role of tlyC1 encoding a hemolysin-like protein from Bifidobacterium longum BBMN68 in bile toleranceYing Liu
Key Laboratory of Functional Dairy, Co constructed by Ministry of Education and Beijing Municipality, College of Food Science and Nutritional Engineering, China Agricultural University, Beijing, China
FEMS Microbiol Lett 360:167-73. 2014..to sublethal concentration of TCA and TDCA, while no significant change was observed when exposed to GCA and GDCA. Furthermore, real-time quantitative PCR demonstrated that the transcription of tlyC1 was up-regulated c. 2...
- Glycodeoxycholic acid levels as prognostic biomarker in acetaminophen-induced acute liver failure patientsBenjamin L Woolbright
Department of Pharmacology, Toxicology and Therapeutics, Department of Biostatistics, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Kansas Medical Center, Kansas City, Kansas 66160, Department of Medical Toxicology, Banner Good Samaritan Medical Center, Phoenix, Arizona 85006, Department of Medicine, and Center for Toxicology and Pharmacology Education and Research, University of Arizona College of Medicine, Phoenix, Arizona 85006 and Division of Digestive and Liver Diseases, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Texas 75390
Toxicol Sci 142:436-44. 2014..Interestingly, glycodeoxycholic acid (GDCA) was significantly increased in non-surviving AALF patients compared with survivors...
- Dynamic contrast-enhanced MRI in mouse tumors at 11.7 T: comparison of three contrast agents with different molecular weights to assess the early effects of combretastatin A4A C Fruytier
Biomedical Magnetic Resonance Research Group, Louvain Drug Research Institute, Universite Catholique de Louvain, Brussels, Belgium
NMR Biomed 27:1403-12. 2014..bearing transplantable liver tumor (TLT) hepatocarcinoma were divided into two groups (n = 5-6 per group and per GdCA): a treated group receiving 100 mg/kg CA4, and a control group receiving vehicle. The mice were imaged at 11...
- Gadolinium nanoparticles and contrast agent as radiation sensitizersFlorence Taupin
Université Grenoble Alpes, Grenoble Institut des Neurosciences, GIN, F 38000 Grenoble, France INSERM, U836, F 38000 Grenoble, France Université Grenoble Alpes, INAC SCIB, LAN, F 38000 Grenoble, France CEA, INAC SCIB, F 38000 Grenoble, France European Synchrotron Radiation Facility, F 38000 Grenoble, France
Phys Med Biol 60:4449-64. 2015..and compare the radiosensitizing properties of gadolinium nanoparticles (NPs) with the gadolinium contrast agent (GdCA) Magnevist(®) in order to better understand the mechanisms by which they act as radiation sensitizers...
- Expression of umami-taste-related genes in the tongue: a pilot study for genetic taste diagnosisN Shoji
Division of Oral Diagnosis, Tohoku University Graduate School of Dentistry, Sendai, Japan
Oral Dis 21:801-6. 2015..Expression of taste-related genes in the tongue was analysed to develop a technique for genetic diagnosis of umami taste disorders...
- Functional role of oppA encoding an oligopeptide-binding protein from Lactobacillus salivarius Ren in bile toleranceGuohong Wang
Key Laboratory of Functional Dairy, Co constructed by Ministry of Education and Beijing Municipality, College of Food Science and Nutritional Engineering, China Agricultural University, 17 Qing Hua East Road, Hai Dian District, Beijing, 100083, China
J Ind Microbiol Biotechnol 42:1167-74. 2015..while no significant change was observed when exposed to sodium glycocholate and sodium glycodeoxycholate (GDCA). Our results indicate that OppA confers specific resistance to taurine-conjugated bile salts in L. salivarius Ren...
- Development of Bile Salt-Resistant Leuconostoc citreum by Expression of Bile Salt Hydrolase GeneSeung Kee Cho
Brain Korea 21 Center for Bio Resource Development, Division of Animal, Horticultural, and Food Sciences, Chungbuk National University, Cheongju 361 763, Republic of Korea
J Microbiol Biotechnol 25:2100-5. 2015..Upon incubation with glycodeoxycholic acid sodium salt (GDCA), the L...
- Immunohistochemical Analysis of Human Vallate Taste BudsMarco Tizzano
Rocky Mountain Taste and Smell Center, University of Colorado School of Medicine, 12801 E 17th Avenue, Aurora, CO 80045, USA, Department of Cell and Developmental Biology, University of Colorado School of Medicine, 12801 E 17th Avenue, Aurora, CO 80045, USA and
Chem Senses 40:655-60. 2015..The typical taste cell markers PLCβ2, GNAT3 (gustducin) and the T1R3 receptor stain elongated cells in human taste buds consistent with the Type II cells in ..
- A Comparison of Collection Techniques for Gene Expression Analysis of Human Oral Taste TissueNicholas Steven Archer
Food and Nutrition, CSIRO, Sydney, Australia
PLoS ONE 11:e0152157. 2016..the assessed taste receptor genes (TAS1R1, TAS1R2, TAS1R3, SCNN1A and CD36) and taste tissue marker genes (NCAM1, GNAT3 and PLCβ2)...
- The physicochemical properties, in vitro binding capacities and in vivo hypocholesterolemic activity of soluble dietary fiber extracted from soy hullsChun Liu
Research and Development Center of Food Proteins, School of Food Science and Engineering, South China University of Technology, Guangzhou 510640, People s Republic of China
Food Funct 7:4830-4840. 2016..62 mg g-1 sample at pH 7), bile acid-binding capacity (3.3, 1.73 and 6.65 μM of GCA, GCDCA and GDCA per 100 mg of sample), glucose dialysis retardation index (64.76%), and in vivo hypocholesterolemic activity (16...
- Metabolic syndrome is linked to chromosome 7q21 and associated with genetic variants in CD36 and GNAT3 in Mexican AmericansVidya S Farook
Department of Genetics, Texas Biomedical Research Institute, San Antonio, Texas, USA
Obesity (Silver Spring) 20:2083-92. 2012..the fatty acid translocase (FAT or CD36, 18 SNPs) gene and guanine nucleotide binding protein, α transducing 3 (GNAT3, 11 SNPs) gene, located within the 1-LOD support interval region for their association with MS and its related ..
- Relationship between bile salt hydrolase activity, changes in the internal pH and tolerance to bile acids in lactic acid bacteriaAna Yanina Bustos
Centro de Referencia para Lactobacilos CERELA CONICET, Chacabuco 145, T4000ILC, San Miguel de Tucuman, Argentina
Biotechnol Lett 34:1511-8. 2012..a gradual increase in the pHin following the addition of conjugated BA; this behavior was more pronounced with GDCA than with TDCA may be due to the higher affinity of BSH for the glyco-conjugates acids...
- Quantification of cholesterol solubilized in bile salt micellar aqueous solutions using (13)C nuclear magnetic resonanceFilipe M Coreta-Gomes
Department of Chemistry, University of Coimbra, 3004 535 Coimbra, Portugal
Anal Biochem 427:41-8. 2012..work, we develop a methodology to quantitatively follow the solubilization of cholesterol on glycodeoxycholic acid (GDCA) micelles using (13)C nuclear magnetic resonance (NMR)...
- Utilization of metabolomics to identify serum biomarkers for hepatocellular carcinoma in patients with liver cirrhosisHabtom W Ressom
Department of Oncology, Lombardi Comprehensive Cancer Center, Georgetown University Medical Center, Washington, DC 20057, USA
Anal Chim Acta 743:90-100. 2012..such as glycochenodeoxycholic acid 3-sulfate (3-sulfo-GCDCA), glycocholic acid (GCA), glycodeoxycholic acid (GDCA), taurocholic acid (TCA), and taurochenodeoxycholate (TCDCA)...
- Genetic analysis of chemosensory traits in human twinsAntti Knaapila
Monell Chemical Senses Center, 3500 Market Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Chem Senses 37:869-81. 2012..of basil and a bitter taste receptor gene, TAS2R60, and between cilantro and variants in three genes (TRPA1, GNAT3, and TAS2R50)...
- Expression analysis of taste signal transduction molecules in the fungiform and circumvallate papillae of the rhesus macaque, Macaca mulattaYoshiro Ishimaru
Department of Applied Biological Chemistry, Graduate School of Agricultural and Life Sciences, The University of Tokyo, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo, Japan
PLoS ONE 7:e45426. 2012..b>GNAT3, but not GNA14, was expressed in TRCs of FuP, whereas GNA14 was expressed in a small population of TRCs of CvP, ..
- ACTH-stimulated cortisol release from head kidney of rainbow trout is modulated by glucose concentrationMarta Conde-Sieira
Laboratorios de Fisioloxía Animal, Departamento de Bioloxia Funcional e Ciencias da Saude, Facultade de Bioloxia, Universidade de Vigo, Spain
J Exp Biol 216:554-67. 2013..in the presence of ACTH were noted for any other putative glucosensor mechanisms based on LXR, SGLT-1 or Gnat3. These combined results are the first evidence for a mechanism in fish linking the synthesis and release of a non-..
- Properties of SAW synchronous two-port resonators on GdCa₄O(BO₃)₃ crystalWaldemar Soluch
Institute of Electronic Materials Technology, Warsaw, Poland
IEEE Trans Ultrason Ferroelectr Freq Control 58:485-7. 2011..acoustic wave (SAW) synchronous two-port resonators were fabricated and measured on several orientations of the GdCa₄O(BO₃)₃ crystal...
- LC-MS based serum metabolomics for identification of hepatocellular carcinoma biomarkers in Egyptian cohortJun Feng Xiao
Department of Oncology, Lombardi Comprehensive Cancer Center, Georgetown University Medical Center, Washington, DC 20057, United States
J Proteome Res 11:5914-23. 2012..verified the identities of selected putative identifications including glycholic acid (GCA), glycodeoxycholic acid (GDCA), 3β, 6β-dihydroxy-5β-cholan-24-oic acid, oleoyl carnitine, and Phe-Phe...
- Bile acids affect the growth of human cholangiocarcinoma via NF-kB pathwayJiaqi Dai
Divisions of General Surgery, Shanghai Renji Hospital, Shanghai Jiao Tong University School of Medicine, Shanghai, China
Cancer Invest 31:111-20. 2013..inhibited the growth of cholangiocarcinoma cells by promoting cell apoptosis, while the conjugated bile acids (GCA, GDCA, and GCDCA) stimulated cell growth...
- T1R3 and gustducin in gut sense sugars to regulate expression of Na+-glucose cotransporter 1Robert F Margolskee
Department of Neuroscience, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY 10029, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 104:15075-80. 2007....
- Decreased hepatotoxic bile acid composition and altered synthesis in progressive human nonalcoholic fatty liver diseaseApril D Lake
University of Arizona, Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Tucson, AZ 85721, USA
Toxicol Appl Pharmacol 268:132-40. 2013..Conversely, cholic acid (CA) and glycodeoxycholic acid (GDCA) were decreased in NASH liver...
- Efficient high-energy passively Q-switched Yb:GdCa4O(BO3)3 laserJunhai Liu
College of Physics, Qingdao University, Qingdao, China
Appl Opt 52:2676-81. 2013A compact diode-pumped high-pulse-energy Yb:GdCa(4)O(BO(3))(3) laser passively Q-switched with a Cr(4+):YAG saturable absorber is demonstrated at room temperature. An output power of 1.05 W is generated at a pulse repetition rate of 2...
- Genetic loss or pharmacological blockade of testes-expressed taste genes causes male sterilityBedrich Mosinger
Monell Chemical Senses Center, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 110:12319-24. 2013..genetic absence of both TAS1R3, a component of sweet and amino acid taste receptors, and the gustducin α-subunit GNAT3 leads to male-specific sterility...
- Colocalization of the alpha-subunit of gustducin with PYY and GLP-1 in L cells of human colonNora Rozengurt
Department of Pathology, David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California Los Angeles, 900 Veteran Ave, Warren Hall Rm 11 115, Los Angeles, CA 90095 1786, USA
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 291:G792-802. 2006....
- High performance liquid chromatography-mass spectrometry for metabonomics: potential biomarkers for acute deterioration of liver function in chronic hepatitis BJun Yang
National Chromatographic R and A Center, Dalian Institute of Chemical Physics, Chinese Academy of Sciences, 116023 Dalian, China
J Proteome Res 5:554-61. 2006..LPC C16:0, LPC C18:1, LPC C18:2, and glycochenodeoxycholic acid (GCDCA) (or its isomer glycodeoxycholic acid (GDCA))...
- Evidence of sugar sensitive genes in the gut of a carnivorous fish speciesSergio Polakof
INRA, UMR 1019, UNH, CRNH Auvergne, Clermont Ferrand, France
Comp Biochem Physiol B Biochem Mol Biol 166:58-64. 2013..nuclear receptor nr1h3 and the components of the G-protein-coupled taste receptors (tas1r2-like, tas1r3-like and gnat3-like)...
- High-performance liquid chromatographic mass spectrometric method for the determination of ursodeoxycholic acid and its glycine and taurine conjugates in human plasmaE Tessier
Pharmascience, Montreal, Que, Canada H4P 2T4
J Chromatogr B Analyt Technol Biomed Life Sci 798:295-302. 2003..the determination of ursodeoxycholic acid (UDCA) and its glycine and taurine conjugates, glycoursodeoxycholic acid (GDCA) and tauroursodeoxycholic acid (TDCA)...
- The structure of the G protein heterotrimer Gi alpha 1 beta 1 gamma 2M A Wall
Department of Biochemistry, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas 75235, USA
Cell 83:1047-58. 1995..Repeated WD motifs in beta form a circularized sevenfold beta propeller. The conserved cores of these motifs are a scaffold for display of their more variable linkers on the exterior face of each propeller blade...
- Taste genes associated with dental cariesS Wendell
Center for Oral Health Research in Appalachia, University of Pittsburgh, PA, USA
J Dent Res 89:1198-202. 2010..We therefore hypothesized that genetic variation in taste pathway genes (TAS2R38, TAS1R2, GNAT3) may be associated with dental caries risk and/or protection...
- Conjugated bile acids promote ERK1/2 and AKT activation via a pertussis toxin-sensitive mechanism in murine and human hepatocytesPaul Dent
Department of Radiation Oncology and Biochemistry, Medical College of Virginia Campus, Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, 23298, USA
Hepatology 42:1291-9. 2005..Deoxycholic acid (DCA), chenodeoxycholic acid (CDCA), taurodeoxycholic acid (TDCA), glycodeoxycholic acid (GDCA), taurochenodeoxycholic acid (TCDCA), glycochenodeoxycholic acid (GCDCA), taurocholic acid (TCA), glycocholic acid (..
- Structural determinants for activation of the alpha-subunit of a heterotrimeric G proteinD G Lambright
Department of Molecular Biophysics and Biochemistry, Yale University, New Haven, Connecticut 06510
Nature 369:621-8. 1994..The changes are distinct from those observed in other members of the GTPase superfamily...
- Different feedback regulation of hepatic cholesterol and bile acid synthesis by glycodeoxycholic acid in rabbitsG Xu
University of Medicine and Dentistry New Jersey Medical School, Newark
Gastroenterology 105:1192-9. 1993To explore the sexual difference in the feedback regulation of hepatic bile acid synthesis, glycodeoxycholic acid (GDCA) was administered to 15 male and 14 female rabbits.
- Comparison of hypolipidemic effect of refined konjac meal with several common dietary fibers and their mechanisms of actionJ Wu
Department of Nutrition and Food Hygiene, Nantong Medical College, Jiangsu, China
Biomed Environ Sci 10:27-37. 1997..The daily output of fecal bile acids (CDCA + GDCA) was significantly increased in the four experimental groups than in the normal group and the control group...
- Co-mutagenicity of glyco- and tauro-deoxycholic acids in the Ames testN Shibuya
Biochemical Laboratory, Niigata College of Medical Technology, Japan
Mutat Res 395:1-7. 1997Mutagenicity and co-mutagenicity of glyco- and tauro-deoxycholic acids (GDCA and TDCA), which are abundant in human bile, were examined by the Ames test...
- [Glycodeoxycholic acid changes the membrane fluidity and superoxides of lipids in hepatocytes]W Huang
Department of Clinical Laboratory, Chongqing University of Medical Sciences
Zhonghua Gan Zang Bing Za Zhi 7:46-7. 1999To explore the mechanisms of hepatocyte injury caused by glycodeoxycholic acid (GDCA) through studies on the roles of GDCA to membrane fluidity and superoxides of lipids of hepatocyte.
- Ggamma13 colocalizes with gustducin in taste receptor cells and mediates IP3 responses to bitter denatoniumL Huang
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Mount Sinai School of Medicine of New York University, Box 1677, One Gustave L Levy Place, New York, New York 10029, USA
Nat Neurosci 2:1055-62. 1999..We conclude that gustducin heterotrimers transduce responses to bitter and sweet compounds via alpha-gustducin's regulation of phosphodiesterase (PDE) and Gbetagamma's activation of phospholipase C (PLC)...
- Comparison of the effects of bile acids on cell viability and DNA synthesis by rat hepatocytes in primary cultureM C Martinez-Diez
Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Salamanca, 37007, Salamanca, Spain
Biochim Biophys Acta 1500:153-60. 2000..incorporation into DNA was only slightly lower for taurodeoxycholic acid (TDCA) and glycodeoxycholic acid (GDCA) than for DCA...
- Surface active agents as enhancers of alveolar absorptionP Wollmer
Department of Clinical Physiology, University of Lund, Sweden
Pharm Res 17:38-41. 2000..The purpose of this study was to examine the effects of a selection of different surface active agents on alveolar absorption...
- Cloning and characterization of the human phosphoinositide-specific phospholipase C-beta 1 (PLC beta 1)A Caricasole
Biology Department, GlaxoWellcome Medicines Research Centre, Verona, Italy
Biochim Biophys Acta 1517:63-72. 2000..Finally, we characterized the structure of the PLC beta 1 locus and confirmed its mapping to human chromosome 20...
- Combined use of Lactobacillus reuteri and soygerm powder as food supplementP De Boever
Laboratory of Microbial Ecology and Technology LabMET, Ghent University, Coupure Links 653, 9000 Ghent, Belgium
Lett Appl Microbiol 33:420-4. 2001The survival of Lactobacillus reuteri when challenged with glycodeoxycholic acid (GDCA), deoxycholic acid (DCA) and soygerm powder was investigated. Moreover, the impact of Lact...
- Human receptors for sweet and umami tasteXiaodong Li
Senomyx, Inc, 11099 North Torrey Pines Road, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 99:4692-6. 2002..The ligand specificities of rat T1R2/T1R3 and T1R1/T1R3 correspond to those of their human counterparts. These findings implicate the T1Rs in umami taste and suggest that sweet and umami taste receptors share a common subunit...
- Feedback regulation of bile acid synthesis in primary human hepatocytes: evidence that CDCA is the strongest inhibitorEwa Ellis
Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Department of Medicine, Huddinge University Hospital, SE 141 86 Stockholm, Sweden
Hepatology 38:930-8. 2003..significantly decreased formation of cholic acid (CA) to 44% +/- 4% of controls and glycodeoxycholic acid (GDCA) decreased formation of CA to 67% +/- 11% of controls...
- Conjugated bile acids activate the sphingosine-1-phosphate receptor 2 in primary rodent hepatocytesElaine Studer
Microbiology and Immunology, Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, VA 23298 0678, USA
Hepatology 55:267-76. 2012..taurodeoxycholic acid (TDCA), tauroursodeoxycholic acid (TUDCA), glycocholic acid (GCA), glycodeoxycholic acid (GDCA), and S1P-induced activation of ERK1/2 and AKT were significantly inhibited by JTE-013, a S1P(2) antagonist, in ..
- Mechanism of the receptor-catalyzed activation of heterotrimeric G proteinsWilliam M Oldham
Department of Pharmacology, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, Tennessee 37232 6600, USA
Nat Struct Mol Biol 13:772-7. 2006..These data provide the first direct observation of R*-mediated conformational changes in G proteins and define the structural basis for GDP release from G alpha...
- Expression of the G-protein alpha-subunit gustducin in mammalian spermatozoaJohanna Fehr
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Philipps University Marburg, Karl von Frisch Strasse 1, 35032, Marburg, Germany
J Comp Physiol A Neuroethol Sens Neural Behav Physiol 193:21-34. 2007....
- Perception of sweet taste is important for voluntary alcohol consumption in miceY A Blednov
Waggoner Center for Alcohol and Addiction Research, 1 University Station A4800, Austin, TX 78712 0159, USA
Genes Brain Behav 7:1-13. 2008..mutant mice, each lacking a gene expressed in taste buds and critical to taste transduction: alpha-gustducin (Gnat3), Tas1r3 or Trpm5...
- Quantification of gadolinium in nephrogenic systemic fibrosis: re-examination of a reported cohort with analysis of clinical factorsAnand Khurana
Department of Nephrology, Scott and White Clinic, Texas A and M University, College Station, Texas, USA
J Am Acad Dermatol 59:218-24. 2008Nephrogenic systemic fibrosis (NSF) has been associated with exposure to gadolinium-based contrast agent (GdCA) used in medical imaging.
- Rapid improvement of nephrogenic systemic fibrosis with rapamycin therapy: possible role of phospho-70-ribosomal-S6 kinaseSundararaman Swaminathan
Division of Nephrology, Atlanta Veterans Administration Health Center, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
J Am Acad Dermatol 62:343-5. 2010..Exposure to gadolinium-based contrast agents (GdCA) has been associated with the development of NSF. No uniformly effective treatment options exist...
- Gustation genetics: sweet gustducin!Danielle R Reed
Monell Chemical Senses Center, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Chem Senses 35:549-50. 2010..evidence that genetic variation in the sweet receptor subunit, TAS1R3, and the second messenger, gustducin (GNAT3), affect the ability of people to correctly sort ascending concentrations of sucrose...
- Coexpression of bile salt hydrolase gene and catalase gene remarkably improves oxidative stress and bile salt resistance in Lactobacillus caseiGuohong Wang
Key Laboratory of Functional Dairy of Ministry of Education of People s Republic of China and Municipal Government of Beijing, College of Food Science and Nutritional Engineering, China Agricultural University, Hai Dian District, Beijing, 100083, China
J Ind Microbiol Biotechnol 38:985-90. 2011..casei CK. Treatment of L. casei CB with various concentrations of sodium glycodeoxycholate (GDCA) showed that ~10(5) CFU/ml cells survived after incubation with 0.5% GDCA, whereas almost all the L...
- Human taste cells express the G protein alpha-gustducin and neuron-specific enolaseS Takami
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, University of Kentucky College of Medicine, Lexington 40536 0084
Brain Res Mol Brain Res 22:193-203. 1994..The patterns of expression of alpha-gustducin, and coexpression with NSE, may correlate with specialized subtypes or developmental stages of taste receptor cells...
- Gadolinium released from MR contrast agents is deposited in brain tumors: in situ demonstration using scanning electron microscopy with energy dispersive X-ray spectroscopyDaniel Xia
Department of Pathology, SUNY Upstate Medical University, Syracuse, NY 3210, USA
Acta Radiol 51:1126-36. 2010gadolinium (Gd)-containing MRI contrast agents (GdCA) are widely used in studies of brain tumors, and a number of reports suggest that under certain conditions, such as renal failure, Gd may be released from GdCA into patient's tissues...
- The relationship between postprandial bile acid concentration, GLP-1, PYY and ghrelinR E Roberts
King s College London School of Medicine, UK
Clin Endocrinol (Oxf) 74:67-72. 2011..Entero-endocrine L-cells can be stimulated by nutrients and or bile acids to co-secrete PYY and GLP-1. The aim of this study was to determine the response of bile acids, PYY, GLP-1 and ghrelin after a test meal...
- The functional involvement of gut-expressed sweet taste receptors in glucose-stimulated secretion of glucagon-like peptide-1 (GLP-1) and peptide YY (PYY)R E Steinert
Clinical Research Center, Department of Biomedicine, Switzerland
Clin Nutr 30:524-32. 2011..Enteroendocrine cells are thought to directly sense nutrients via α-gustducin coupled taste receptors (originally identified in the oral epithelium) to modulate the secretion of glucagon-like peptide-1 (GLP-1) and peptide YY (PYY)...
- Novel Machine Learning Methods for Analysis of MALDI-TOF Mass Spectrometry DataHabtom Ressom; Fiscal Year: 2008..Furthermore, the peptides represented by the selected candidate biomarkers will be identified. Finally, the performance of the algorithm will be compared with existing methods. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- GENETICS OF BITTER TASTE PERCEPTION IN HUMANSDANIELLE REED; Fiscal Year: 2002..In Specific Aim 3, the P.I. will initiate an evaluation of candidate genes located within the region identified, by screening for variabilities associated with PROP-taster status. ..
- The International Symposium on Regulatory PeptidesJUAN ROZENGURT; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- GI PEPTIDE SIGNALING THROUGH TYROSINE PHOSPHORYLATIONJUAN ENRIQUE ROZENGURT; Fiscal Year: 2010....