Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: GNAI2
Description: G protein subunit alpha i2
Alias: GIP, GNAI2B, H_LUCA15.1, H_LUCA16.1, guanine nucleotide-binding protein G(i) subunit alpha-2, GTP-binding regulatory protein Gi alpha-2 chain, adenylate cyclase-inhibiting G alpha protein, guanine nucleotide binding protein (G protein), alpha inhibiting activity polypeptide 2, guanine nucleotide-binding protein G(i), alpha-2 subunit
Publications345 found, 100 shown here
- Two G protein oncogenes in human endocrine tumorsJ Lyons
Department of Human Genetics, Cetus Corporation, Emeryville CA 94608
Science 249:655-9. 1990..These findings suggest that human tumors may harbor oncogenic mutations in various G protein alpha chain genes...
- RGS12 and RGS14 GoLoco motifs are G alpha(i) interaction sites with guanine nucleotide dissociation inhibitor ActivityR J Kimple
Department of Pharmacology, Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27599 7365, USA
J Biol Chem 276:29275-81. 2001..The presence of two, independent G alpha interaction sites suggests that RGS12 and RGS14 participate in a complex coordination of G-protein signaling beyond simple G alpha GAP activity...
- The essential role of Giα2 in prostate cancer cell migrationMiao Zhong
Center for Cancer Research and Therapeutic Development, Clark Atlanta University, Atlanta, GA 30314, USA
Mol Cancer Res 10:1380-8. 2012..In conclusion, Giα2 plays an essential role in OXT and EGF signaling to induce prostate cancer cell migration...
- GAIP is membrane-anchored by palmitoylation and interacts with the activated (GTP-bound) form of G alpha i subunitsL de Vries
Division of Cellular and Molecular Medicine, University of California at San Diego, La Jolla 92093 0651, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 93:15203-8. 1996..This motif, present in cysteine string proteins found on synaptic vesicles, pancreatic zymogen granules, and chromaffin granules, suggests GAIP's possible involvement in membrane trafficking...
- Gialpha and Gbeta subunits both define selectivity of G protein activation by alpha2-adrenergic receptorsScott K Gibson
Department of Pharmacology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX 75390, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 103:212-7. 2006..The molecular properties of each Gialpha, Gbeta, and alpha2-adrenergic receptor subtype influence signaling efficiency for the alpha2-adrenergic receptor-mediated signaling pathway...
- Gastrointestinal hormones and the quantitation of spontaneous duodenal motor activityM F Tansy
Temple University Health Sciences Center, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19140
Toxicol Pathol 16:118-22. 1988..These include vasoactive intestinal polypeptide (VIP), gastric inhibitory polypeptide (GIP), motilin, pancreatic polypeptide (PP), substance P, neurotensin, somatostatin, enkephalins, and a bombesin-like ..
- Comparison of the insulinotropic activity of glucagon-superfamily peptides in rat pancreas perfusionS Suzuki
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Tsukuba, Japan
Horm Metab Res 24:458-61. 1992..peptides were examined: glucagon-like peptide-1(7-36)amide (tGLP-1), glucagon, gastric inhibitory peptide (GIP), peptide having an amino-terminal histidine and carboxy-terminal isoleucine amide (PHI), vasoactive intestinal ..
- Secretin, glucagon, gastric inhibitory polypeptide, parathyroid hormone, and related peptides in the regulation of the hypothalamus- pituitary-adrenal axisG G Nussdorfer
Department of Human Anatomy and Physiology Section of Anatomy, University of Padua, Via Gabelli 65, I 35121, Padua, Italy
Peptides 21:309-24. 2000Secretin, glucagon, gastric inhibitory polypeptide (GIP), and parathyroid hormone (PTH) belong, together with vasoactive intestinal peptide (VIP) and pituitary adenylate cyclase (AC)-activating polypeptide, to a family of peptides (the ..
- Gastric emptying in animal models of human diabetes: correlation to blood glucose level and gut neuroendocrine peptide contentMagdy El-Salhy
Section for Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Department of Medicine, Institution of Public Health and Clinical Medicine, University Hospital, Umea, Sweden
Ups J Med Sci 107:89-99. 2002..neuroendocrine peptides known to regulate gastrointestinal motility, namely secretin, gastric inhibitory peptide (GIP), motilin, somatostatin, peptide YY (PYY), substance P, vasoactive intestinal polypeptide (VIP) and galanin, were ..
- Inhibition of insulin, glucose-dependent insulinotropic polypeptide (GIP) and glucagon-like peptide-1 (GLP-1) secretion by octreotide has no effect on post-heparin plasma lipoprotein lipase activityL R Ranganath
Department of Chemical Pathology, Epsom General Hospital, Surrey, UK
Horm Metab Res 31:262-6. 1999..effect of modulating postprandial insulin and insulinotropic hormone (glucose-dependent insulinotropic polypeptide, GIP; glucagon-like peptide-1, GLP-1) secretion on the activation of lipoprotein lipase (LPL) in six lean and six obese ..
- The postprandial response of gastric inhibitory polypeptide to various dietary fats in manC K Lardinois
VA Medical Center, Reno, Nevada 89520
J Am Coll Nutr 7:241-7. 1988Gastric Inhibitory Polypeptide (GIP) is secreted in response to oral glucose, amino acid, and fats. In the presence of hyperglycemia, GIP augments nutrient stimulated insulin secretion...
- Expression of receptors for luteinizing hormone, gastric-inhibitory polypeptide, and vasopressin in normal adrenal glands and cortisol-secreting adrenocortical tumors in dogsS Galac
Department of Clinical Sciences of Companion Animals, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Utrecht University, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Domest Anim Endocrinol 39:63-75. 2010..ATs for the expression of receptors for luteinizing hormone (LH), gastric-inhibitory polypeptide (GIP), and vasopressin (V(1a), V(1b), and V(2)). Normal adrenal glands served as control tissues...
- Hyperinsulinemia and hypertension. Do intestinal hormones play a role?R Tedde
Istituto di Clinica Medica, Universita degli Studi di Sassari, Italy
Am J Hypertens 8:99-103. 1995Gastric inhibitory polypeptide (GIP) is one of the strongest insulinotropic gut factors...
- Ghrelin plasma levels and appetite in peritoneal dialysis patientsAbelardo Aguilera
Nephrology Services, University Hospitals La Princesa and La Paz, Instituto de Investigación Nefrológica Reina Sofía, Madrid, Spain
Adv Perit Dial 20:194-9. 2004..Y (NPY), NO3] and anorexigens [cholecystokinin (CCK), leptin, glucose-dependent insulinotropic peptide (GIP), tumor necrosis factor alpha (TNFalpha)]. All orexigens and anorexigens were determined in plasma...
- The effects of gastric inhibitory polypeptide and insulin on fatty acid uptake in adipose tissue are not mediated through cyclic AMP in lean and obese Zucker ratsB Beck
INSERM U.59, , Nancy, France
Horm Metab Res 20:24-7. 1988To determine the mechanism by which gastric inhibitory polypeptide (GIP) and insulin stimulate the in vitro fatty acid incorporation into adipose tissue (FIAT), we measured the cyclic AMP variations and FIAT in epididymal fat pads of ..
- Glucagon-like peptide-1, but not glucose-dependent insulinotropic peptide, inhibits glucagon secretion via somatostatin (receptor subtype 2) in the perfused rat pancreasJ de Heer
Department of Biomedical Sciences, The Panum Institute, University of Copenhagen, Blegdamsvej 3, DK 2200, Copenhagen N, Denmark
Diabetologia 51:2263-70. 2008..Surprisingly, the closely related glucose-dependent insulinotropic peptide (GIP) stimulates glucagon release...
- Effect of exogenous or endogenous gastric inhibitory polypeptide (GIP) on plasma triglyceride responses in ratsR Ebert
Zentrum Innere Medizin, Abteilung Gastroenterologie und Endokrinologie, Universitätsklinik Göttingen, Germany
Horm Metab Res 23:517-21. 1991We examined the effects of exogenous and endogenous GIP on plasma triglyceride levels in rats, pretreated with a fat-enriched diet, during intraduodenal infusion of a lipid test meal (Lipomul, 8 ml/h)...
- Immunoprecipitation and liquid chromatographic-mass spectrometric determination of the peptide glucose-dependent insulinotropic polypeptides GIP1-42 and GIP3-42 from human plasma samples. New sensitive method to analyze physiological concentrations of pepR Wolf
Probiodrug GmbH, Halle, Germany
J Chromatogr A 926:21-7. 2001..Total GIP was immunoprecipitated from crude plasma samples using a C-terminally directed antibody...
- The cysteine of the cytoplasmic tail of glucose-dependent insulinotropic peptide receptor mediates its chronic desensitization and down-regulationC C Tseng
Section of Gastroenterology, Boston VA Medical Center and Boston University School of Medicine, MA 02118, USA
Mol Cell Endocrinol 139:179-86. 1998The glucose-dependent insulinotropic peptide receptor (GIP-R) is a member of G-protein-coupled, seven transmembrane-spanning receptors...
- Gastric inhibitory polypeptide does not inhibit gastric emptying in humansJuris J Meier
Division of Endocrinology and Diabetes, Keck School of Medicine, University of Southern California, 1333 San Pablo St, BMT BII, Los Angeles, CA 90033, USA
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 286:E621-5. 2004The insulinotropic gut hormone gastric inhibitory polypeptide (GIP) has been demonstrated to inhibit gastric acid secretion and was proposed to possess "enterogastrone" activity. GIP effects on gastric emptying have not yet been studied...
- Gastric inhibitory polypeptide and gastric acid secretion in pregnant ratsT S Chen
Department of Physiology, National Yang Ming University, Taipei, Taiwan, Republic of China
Placenta 16:85-92. 1995..basal and pentagastrin-stimulated gastric acid secretion and the level of plasma gastric inhibitory polypeptide (GIP) in rats were studied on pentobarbital-anaesthetized non-pregnant rats and rats in the 1st, 2nd, or 3rd week of ..
- Improved glycaemic control in obese diabetic ob/ob mice using N-terminally modified gastric inhibitory polypeptideF P O'Harte
School of Biomedical Sciences, University of Ulster, Cromore Road, Coleraine, Northern Ireland, BT52 1SA, UK
J Endocrinol 165:639-48. 2000Gastric inhibitory polypeptide (GIP) is an important insulin-releasing hormone of the enteroinsular axis which is rapidly inactivated by the exopeptidase dipeptidyl peptidase (DPP) IV...
- Secretion, degradation, and elimination of glucagon-like peptide 1 and gastric inhibitory polypeptide in patients with chronic renal insufficiency and healthy control subjectsJuris J Meier
Department of Medicine I, St Josef Hospital, Ruhr University Bochum, Bochum, Germany
Diabetes 53:654-62. 2004Glucagon-like peptide 1 (GLP-1) and gastric inhibitory polypeptide (GIP) are important factors in the pathogenesis of type 2 diabetes and have a promising therapeutic potential...
- Reduced amylin levels are associated with low bone mineral density in women with anorexia nervosaMonica H Wojcik
Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Bone 46:796-800. 2010..Peptide hormones, including amylin, GIP, and GLP2, are released immediately after nutrient intake and may be involved in the regulation of bone turnover.
- Dissociated effects of glucose-dependent insulinotropic polypeptide vs glucagon-like peptide-1 on beta-cell secretion and insulin clearance in miceGiovanni Pacini
Metabolic Unit, Institute of Biomedical Engineering, National Research Council, Padova, Italy
Metabolism 59:988-92. 2010Glucagon-like peptide-1 (GLP-1) and glucose-dependent insulinotropic polypeptide (GIP) potently augment insulin response to glucose...
- New physiological effects of the incretin hormones GLP-1 and GIPMeena Asmar
Department of Biomedical Sciences, The Panum Institute, University of Copenhagen, Denmark
Dan Med Bull 58:B4248. 2011..interest in recent years has concentrated on both the secretion and function of the incretin hormones, GLP-1 and GIP, and their suitability as new target drugs...
- Inhibitory effect of nociceptin on somatostatin secretion of the isolated perfused rat stomachFlorian Lippl
Department of Internal Medicine II, Technical University of Munich, Ismaningerstr 22, 81675, Munich, Germany
Regul Pept 107:37-42. 2002..However, gastric inhibitory polypeptide (GIP) 10(-9) M prestimulated SRIF secretion is significantly inhibited by N/OFQ 10(-8) M (-45+/-11%; p<0.05 vs. GIP)...
- Medicinal chemistry approaches to the inhibition of dipeptidyl peptidase-4 for the treatment of type 2 diabetesShrikanth H Havale
New Drug Discovery, Matrix Laboratories Limited, Anrich Industrial Estate, Bollaram, Jinnaram Mandal, Medak District, Andhra Pradesh, India
Bioorg Med Chem 17:1783-802. 2009..in the degradation of a number of neuropeptides, peptide hormones and cytokines, including the incretins GLP-1 and GIP. As soon as released from the gut in response to food intake, GLP-1 and GIP exert a potent glucose-dependent ..
- Gastric inhibitory polypeptide (GIP) dose-dependently stimulates glucagon secretion in healthy human subjects at euglycaemiaJ J Meier
Medizinische Klinik I, St Josef Hospital, Klinikum der Ruhr Universitat Bochum, Gudrunstrasse 56, 44791 Bochum, Germany
Diabetologia 46:798-801. 2003In the isolated perfused pancreas, gastric inhibitory polypeptide (GIP) has been shown to enhance glucagon secretion at basal glucose concentrations, but in healthy humans no glucagonotropic effect of GIP has yet been reported...
- Molecular cloning, functional expression, and signal transduction of the GIP-receptor cloned from a human insulinomaA Volz
Department of Internal Medicine, Philipps University of Marburg, Germany
FEBS Lett 373:23-9. 1995Glucose-dependent insulinotropic polypeptide (GIP) plays an important role in the regulation of postprandial insulin secretion and proinsulin gene expression of pancreatic beta-cells...
- Insulinotropic effects of cholecystokinin, gastric inhibitory polypeptide and glucagon-like peptide-1 during perifusion of short-term cultured canine isolated isletsM P van der Burg
Department of Surgery, University Hospital, Leiden, Netherlands
Regul Pept 60:61-7. 1995..than physiological levels of the incretin candidates cholecystokinin-33 (CCK-33), gastric inhibitory polypeptide (GIP), and glucagon-like peptide-1 (GLP-1) on isolated perifused islets have been reported...
- Role of regulator of G protein signaling in desensitization of the glucose-dependent insulinotropic peptide receptorC C Tseng
Section of Gastroenterology, Boston Veterans Administration Medical Center, and Boston University School of Medicine, Massachusetts 02118, USA
Endocrinology 139:4470-5. 1998The glucose-dependent insulinotropic peptide receptor (GIP-R) is a member of the G protein-coupled receptors...
- Bombesin and nutrients independently and additively regulate hormone release from GIP/Ins cellsLin Li
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 288:E208-15. 2005Glucose-dependent insulinotropic polypeptide (GIP) regulates glucose homeostasis and high-fat diet-induced obesity and insulin resistance. Therefore, elucidating the mechanisms that regulate GIP release is important...
- Secretion of incretin hormones and the insulinotropic effect of gastric inhibitory polypeptide in women with a history of gestational diabetesJ J Meier
Department of Medicine I, St Josef Hospital, Ruhr University of Bochum, Bochum, Germany
Diabetologia 48:1872-81. 2005The insulinotropic effect of gastric inhibitory polypeptide (GIP) is reduced in patients with type 2 diabetes and around 50% of their first-degree relatives under hyperglycaemic conditions...
- Normal secretion of the incretin hormones glucose-dependent insulinotropic polypeptide and glucagon-like peptide-1 during gestational diabetes mellitusKatarzyna Cypryk
Department of Endocrinology and Metabolic Diseases, Medical University of Lodz, Polish Mother s Memorial Hospital Research Institute, Lodz, Poland
Gynecol Endocrinol 23:58-62. 2007..The aim of study was to evaluate whether an impaired secretion of glucagon-like peptide-1 (GLP-1) and/or glucose-dependent insulinotropic polypeptide (GIP) could play a role in the development of carbohydrate disorders during pregnancy.
- The effect of gastric inhibitory polypeptide on intestinal glucose absorption and intestinal motility in miceEiichi Ogawa
Department of Diabetes and Clinical Nutrition, Graduate School of Medicine, Kyoto University, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 404:115-20. 2011Gastric inhibitory polypeptide (GIP) is released from the small intestine upon meal ingestion and increases insulin secretion from pancreatic β cells...
- Expression and functional activity of glucagon, glucagon-like peptide I, and glucose-dependent insulinotropic peptide receptors in rat pancreatic islet cellsK Moens
Diabetes Research Center, Vrije Universiteit Brussel, Belgium
Diabetes 45:257-61. 1996..expression at the RNA level in beta-cells of receptors for glucagon, glucose-dependent insulinotropic polypeptide (GIP), and glucagon-like peptide I(7-36) amide (GLP-I), while RNA from islet alpha-cells hybridized only with GIP ..
- NH2-terminally modified gastric inhibitory polypeptide exhibits amino-peptidase resistance and enhanced antihyperglycemic activityF P O'Harte
School of Biomedical Sciences, University of Ulster, Coleraine, Northern Ireland
Diabetes 48:758-65. 1999Gastric inhibitory polypeptide (GIP) is an important insulin-releasing hormone of the enteroinsular axis that, like glucagon-like peptide 1(7-36) amide (tGLP-1), has a functional profile of possible therapeutic value for type 2 diabetes...
- Glucagon receptors on human islet cells contribute to glucose competence of insulin releaseP Huypens
Diabetes Research Centre, Faculty of Medicine, Vrije Universiteit Brussel, Belgium
Diabetologia 43:1012-9. 2000..of insulin secretion from human islet cells by investigating expression and functional activity of receptors recognising glucagon, glucagon-like peptide-1 (7-36)amide (GLP-1) and glucose-dependent insulinotropic polypeptide (GIP).
- Degradation of endogenous and exogenous gastric inhibitory polypeptide in healthy and in type 2 diabetic subjects as revealed using a new assay for the intact peptideC F Deacon
Department of Medical Physiology, The Panum Institute, University of Copenhagen, Denmark
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 85:3575-81. 2000Gastric inhibitory polypeptide (GIP) is susceptible to degradation, but only recently has dipeptidyl peptidase IV been identified as the enzyme responsible...
- Dipeptidyl peptidase IV inhibition reduces the degradation and clearance of GIP and potentiates its insulinotropic and antihyperglycemic effects in anesthetized pigsC F Deacon
Department of Medical Physiology, The Panum Institute, University of Copenhagen, Blegdamsvej 3, DK 2200 Copenhagen N, Denmark
Diabetes 50:1588-97. 2001Glucose-dependent insulinotropic peptide (GIP) is known to be degraded by dipeptidyl peptidase IV (DPP IV), forming an inactive metabolite, but the extent of the enzyme's role in regulating the biological activity of GIP in vivo is still ..
- Gastric inhibitory polypeptide analogues: do they have a therapeutic role in diabetes mellitus similar to that of glucagon-like Peptide-1?Jens J Holst
Department of Medical Physiology, University of Copenhagen, The Panum Institute, Copenhagen, Denmark
BioDrugs 16:175-81. 2002Gastric inhibitory polypeptide (GIP, also called glucose-dependent insulinotropic polypeptide) and glucagon-like peptide-1 (GLP-1) are peptide hormones from the gut that enhance nutrient-stimulated insulin secretion (the 'incretin' ..
- Receptor gene expression of glucagon-like peptide-1, but not glucose-dependent insulinotropic polypeptide, in rat nodose ganglion cellsAtsushi Nakagawa
Department of Internal Medicine, Kanazawa Medical University, Daigaku 1 1, Uchinada 920 0293, Japan
Auton Neurosci 110:36-43. 2004..hormone glucagon-like peptide-1(7-36) amide (GLP-1), but not glucose-dependent insulinotropic polypeptide (GIP)...
- A novel mechanism for the suppression of a voltage-gated potassium channel by glucose-dependent insulinotropic polypeptide: protein kinase A-dependent endocytosisSu Jin Kim
Department of Cellular and Physiological Sciences, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, British Columbia V6T 1Z3, Canada
J Biol Chem 280:28692-700. 2005..The incretin hormone, glucose-dependent insulinotropic polypeptide (GIP) stimulates insulin secretion by potentiating events underlying membrane depolarization and exerting direct effects ..
- Chemical gastric inhibitory polypeptide receptor antagonism protects against obesity, insulin resistance, glucose intolerance and associated disturbances in mice fed high-fat and cafeteria dietsV A Gault
School of Biomedical Sciences, University of Ulster, Cromore Road, Coleraine, Northern Ireland, UK
Diabetologia 50:1752-62. 2007Gastric inhibitory polypeptide (GIP) receptor antagonism with (Pro(3))GIP improves glucose tolerance and ameliorates insulin resistance and abnormalities of islet structure/function in ob/ob mice...
- Effects of gastric inhibitory polypeptide (GIP) and related analogues on glucagon release at normo- and hyperglycaemia in Wistar rats and isolated isletsRoslyn S Cassidy
School of Biomedical Sciences, University of Ulster, Coleraine BT52 1SA, Northern Ireland, UK
Biol Chem 389:189-93. 2008Glucose-dependent insulinotropic polypeptide (GIP) is an incretin hormone secreted by endocrine K-cells in response to nutrient absorption...
- Expression of glucose-dependent insulinotropic polypeptide in the zebrafishMichelle C Musson
Section of Gastroenterology, Boston University School of Medicine and Boston Medical Center, Boston, Massachusetts 02118, USA
Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 297:R1803-12. 2009In mammals, glucose-dependent insulinotropic polypeptide (GIP) is synthesized predominately in the small intestine and functions in conjunction with insulin to promote nutrient deposition...
- Incretin hormones and beta cell function in chronic pancreatitisFilip Krag Knop
Diabetes Research Division, Department of Internal Medicine F, Gentofte Hospital, University of Copenhagen, Niels Andersens Vej 65, 2900 Hellerup, Denmark
Dan Med Bull 57:B4163. 2010..insulinotropic incretin hormones: glucagon-like peptide-1 (GLP-1) and glucose-dependent insulinotropic polypeptide (GIP). GLP-1 and GIP are secreted from the small intestines in response to ingestion of nutrients...
- On the role of glucose-dependent insulintropic polypeptide in postprandial metabolism in humansMeena Asmar
Department of Endocrinology, Hvidovre Hospital, Denmark
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 298:E614-21. 2010We investigated the role of glucose-dependent insulintropic polypeptide (GIP) in the regulation of gastric emptying (GE), appetite, energy intake (EI), energy expenditure (EE), plasma levels of triglycerides (TAG), and free fatty acids (..
- GLP-1/GIP chimeric peptides define the structural requirements for specific ligand-receptor interaction of GLP-1B Gallwitz
I Department of Medicine, Christian Albrechts University, Kiel, Germany
Regul Pept 63:17-22. 1996The gastrointestinal hormones glucagon-like peptide-1 (GLP-1) and gastric inhibitory polypeptide (GIP) strongly stimulate insulin release...
- GIP receptor mRNA expression in different fat tissue depots in postmenopausal non-diabetic womenNatalia Rudovich
Department of Endocrinology, Diabetes and Nutrition, Campus B Franklin, Charite Medicine University of Berlin, Germany
Regul Pept 142:138-45. 2007Gastric inhibitory polypeptide (GIP) is an insulinotropic duodenal hormone released in response to meals. Recent studies in rodents suggested that GIP directly links overnutrition to obesity...
- A novel GIP receptor splice variant influences GIP sensitivity of pancreatic beta-cells in obese miceNorio Harada
Dept Diabetes and Clinical Nutrition, Kyoto University Graduate School of Medicine, Kyoto, Japan
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 294:E61-8. 2008Gastric inhibitory polypeptide (GIP) is an incretin that potentiates insulin secretion from pancreatic beta-cells by binding to GIP receptor (GIPR) and subsequently increasing the level of intracellular adenosine 3',5'-cyclic ..
- Predictors of incretin concentrations in subjects with normal, impaired, and diabetic glucose toleranceKirsten Vollmer
Department of Medicine I, St Josef Hospital, Ruhr University Bochum, Gudrunstr 56, 44791 Bochum, Germany
Diabetes 57:678-87. 2008..in GLP-1 levels different after mixed meal or isolated glucose ingestion? 2) Which endogenous factors are associated with the concentrations of GLP-1? In particular, do elevated fasting glucose or glucagon levels diminish GLP-1 responses?..
- High saturated-fat diet induces apoptosis in rat enterocytes and blunts GIP and insulin-secretive response to oral glucose loadD Gniuli
Department of Internal Medicine, Catholic University, Rome, Italy
Int J Obes (Lond) 32:871-4. 2008..that a high saturated-fat diet can induce duodenal enterocyte apoptosis and impair gastric inhibitory polypeptide (GIP) secretion...
- Effect of intracerebroventricular infusion of neurotensin in glucose-dependent insulinotropic peptide secretion in dogsMaria P Yavropoulou
Division of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Greece
Peptides 31:150-4. 2010b>GIP is a major physiological component of the enteroinsular axis. Several researchers have pointed to a neural regulation of GIP secretion...
- K-cells and glucose-dependent insulinotropic polypeptide in health and diseaseYoung Min Cho
Laboratory of Molecular and Cellular Medicine, Departments of Cellular and Physiological Sciences and Surgery, Life Sciences Institute, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada
Vitam Horm 84:111-50. 2010In the 1970s, glucose-dependent insulinotropic polypeptide (GIP, formerly gastric inhibitory polypeptide), a 42-amino acid peptide hormone, was discovered through a search for enterogastrones and subsequently identified as an incretin, ..
- Gastric emptying of glucose solution and associated plasma concentrations of GLP-1, GIP, and PYY before and after fundoplicationJ Miholic
Division of General Surgery, Medical University of Vienna, Wahringergurtel 18, A 1090, Vienna, Austria
Surg Endosc 21:309-14. 2007..solution and the ensuing plasma concentrations of glucagon-like peptide-1 (GLP-1), peptide YY (PYY), and glucose-dependent insulinotropic polypeptide (GIP) in patients having undergone fundoplication for gastroesophageal reflux (GERD).
- An adolescent with food-dependent Cushing's syndrome secondary to ectopic expression of GIP receptor in unilateral adrenal adenomaC Noordam
Department of Paediatric Endocrinology, University Medical Center, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
J Pediatr Endocrinol Metab 15:853-60. 2002..In food-dependent Cushing's syndrome the adrenals aberrantly express receptors for gastric inhibitory polypeptide (GIP). We present the first case of food- and GIP-dependent adrenal adenoma in an adolescent...
- Effect of GIP, GLP-1, insulin and gastrin on ghrelin release in the isolated rat stomachFlorian Lippl
Department of Internal Medicine II, Technical University of Munich, Ismaningerstr 22, 81675 Munich, Germany
Regul Pept 119:93-8. 2004..To elucidate their potential role, glucagon-like peptide-1 (GLP-1), gastric inhibitory polypeptide (GIP), insulin, gastrin and somatostatin were examined on isolated rat stomach ghrelin secretion, which offers the ..
- Impaired trafficking of Gnai2+/- and Gnai2-/- T lymphocytes: implications for T cell movement within lymph nodesIl Young Hwang
Laboratory of Immunoregulation, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, National Institutes of Health, 10 Center Drive, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
J Immunol 179:439-48. 2007..For the imaging studies, we used CD4 T cells prepared from Gnai2(-/-) mice, which lack G(alphai2) expression...
- Glucose-dependent insulinotropic polypeptide (GIP) stimulates transepithelial glucose transportSatish K Singh
Department of Medicine, Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Obesity (Silver Spring) 16:2412-6. 2008The purpose of this study was to characterize the effects of glucose-dependent insulinotropic peptide (GIP) on small intestinal glucose transport in vitro. Stripped proximal jejunum from fasted mice was mounted in Ussing chambers...
- Gastric inhibitory polypeptide: structure and chromosomal localization of the human geneN Inagaki
Department of Medicine, Kyoto University School of Medicine, Japan
Mol Endocrinol 3:1014-21. 1989Gastric inhibitory polypeptide (GIP) is a 42-amino-acid hormone which may have a role in the regulation of insulin secretion...
- Structural determinants for activation of the alpha-subunit of a heterotrimeric G proteinD G Lambright
Department of Molecular Biophysics and Biochemistry, Yale University, New Haven, Connecticut 06510
Nature 369:621-8. 1994..The changes are distinct from those observed in other members of the GTPase superfamily...
- Importance of small bowel peptides for the improved glucose metabolism 20 years after jejunoileal bypass for obesityE Naslund
Department of Surgery, Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden
Obes Surg 8:253-60. 1998..Gastric inhibitory peptide/glucose-dependent insulinotropic peptide (GIP) and glucagon-like peptide-1 (GLP-1) have been found to have a profound incretin effect in humans...
- Effect of glucose-dependent insulinotropic polypeptide on whole-body glucose utilization in sheepM T Rose
Department of Animal Physiology, National Institute of Animal Industry, Tsukuba Norindanchi, PO Box 5, Ibaraki 305 0901, Japan
Exp Physiol 83:783-92. 1998..The first 3 h was the control period, from 3 to 7 h glucose-dependent insulinotropic polypeptide (GIP) was infused, and from 5 to 7 h somatostatin was infused...
- Genetic screens in yeast to identify mammalian nonreceptor modulators of G-protein signalingM J Cismowski
Cadus Pharmaceutical Corporation, 777 Old Saw Mill River Road, Tarrytown 10591, NY, USA
Nat Biotechnol 17:878-83. 1999..A cDNA product identified from the inhibitor screen encodes a previously identified regulator of G-protein signaling, human RGS5...
- Glucose-dependent insulinotropic peptide: differential effects on hepatic artery vs. portal vein endothelial cellsKe Hong Ding
Institute of Molecular Medicine and Genetics, Medical College of Georgia, CB 2803, 1120 15th St, Augusta, GA 30912, USA
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 286:E773-9. 2004Glucose-dependent insulinotropic peptide (GIP) has been reported to have opposing effects on splanchnic blood flow. GIP infusion in dogs results in an increase in portal vein circulation but a drop in hepatic artery blood flow...
- Gene array analysis of macronodular adrenal hyperplasia confirms clinical heterogeneity and identifies several candidate genes as molecular mediatorsIsabelle Bourdeau
Section on Endocrinology and Genetics, Developmental Endocrinology Branch, National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Oncogene 23:1575-85. 2004..AIMAH) is a heterogeneous condition in which cortisol secretion may be mediated by gastrointestinal peptide (GIP), vasopressin, catecholamines and other hormones...
- Antagonistic effects of two novel GIP analogs, (Hyp3)GIP and (Hyp3)GIPLys16PAL, on the biological actions of GIP and longer-term effects in diabetic ob/ob miceFinbarr P M O'Harte
School of Biomedical Sciences, University of Ulster, Coleraine, BT52 1SA, Northern Ireland
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 292:E1674-82. 2007This study examines the actions of the novel enzyme-resistant, NH2-terminally modified GIP analog (Hyp(3))GIP and its fatty acid-derivatized analog (Hyp(3))GIPLys(16)PAL...
- QTL detection on porcine chromosome 12 for fatty-acid composition and association analyses of the fatty acid synthase, gastric inhibitory polypeptide and acetyl-coenzyme A carboxylase alpha genesG Munoz
Departamento de Mejora Genética Animal, INIA, 28040 Madrid, Spain
Anim Genet 38:639-46. 2007..Similarly, gastric inhibitory polypeptide (GIP) and acetyl-coenzyme A carboxylase alpha (ACACA) were tested as candidate genes for the second QTL using three SNPs ..
- Incretin mimetics and DPP-4 inhibitors: new approach to treatment of type 2 diabetes mellitusN I Siddiqui
Mymensingh Medical College and Hospital
Mymensingh Med J 18:113-24. 2009..of these incretins level, glucagons like peptide-1 (GLP-1) and glucose dependent insulinotropic polypeptide (GIP) with loss of beta-cell mass, beta-cell function and glycemic deterioration...
- Circadian rhythms of GIP and GLP1 in glucose-tolerant and in type 2 diabetic patients after biliopancreatic diversionG Mingrone
Department of Internal Medicine, Universita Cattolica S Cuore, Rome, Italy
Diabetologia 52:873-81. 2009..We tested the hypothesis that the reversibility of insulin resistance and diabetes observed after biliopancreatic diversion (BPD) is related to changes in circadian rhythms of gastrointestinal hormones...
- Food-dependent Cushing's syndromeC Messidoro
Department of Internal Medicine, Sint Franciscus Gasthuis, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Neth J Med 67:187-90. 2009..of cortisol production during mixed meals, several tests identified glucose-dependent insulinotropic polypeptide (GIP) as the driving hormone responsible for the cortisol overproduction...
- Insulinotropic actions of nateglinide in type 2 diabetic patients and effects on dipeptidyl peptidase-IV activity and glucose-dependent insulinotropic polypeptide degradationAine M McKillop
School of Biomedical Sciences, University of Ulster, Coleraine BT52 1SA, Northern Ireland, UK
Eur J Endocrinol 161:877-85. 2009..of nateglinide on dipeptidyl peptidase-IV (DPP-IV) activity and glucose-dependent insulinotropic polypeptide (GIP) degradation...
- Increased postprandial GIP and glucagon responses, but unaltered GLP-1 response after intervention with steroid hormone, relative physical inactivity, and high-calorie diet in healthy subjectsKatrine B Hansen
Department of Clinical Physiology, Glostrup Hospital, University of Copenhagen, Nordre Ringvej 57, DK 2600 Glostrup, Denmark
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 96:447-53. 2011Increased postprandial glucose-dependent insulinotropic polypeptide (GIP) and glucagon responses and reduced postprandial glucagon-like peptide-1 (GLP-1) responses have been observed in some patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus...
- [Cross-talk among pancreatic alpha, beta and delta cells stimulated by incretin hormones]Hisamitsu Ishihara
Division of Diabetes and Metabolism, Department of Medicine, Nihon University School of Medicine
Nihon Rinsho 69:795-800. 2011Incretin hormones, GLP-1 and GIP, contribute to whole body glucose homeostasis by modulating secretion of islet hormones, insulin, glucagon and somatostatin. Both GLP-1 and GIP stimulate insulin and somatostatin secretion...
- Using the lymphatics to study nutrient absorption and the secretion of gastrointestinal hormonesAlison B Kohan
Department of Pathology, College of Medicine, Metabolic Diseases Institute, University of Cincinnati, 2180 E Galbraith Road, ML 0507, Cincinnati, OH 45237, United States
Physiol Behav 105:82-8. 2011..formation of chylomicrons, but it also secretes the incretin hormones glucose-dependent insulinotropic polypeptide (GIP) and glucagon-like peptide-1 (GLP-1) from enteroendocrine cells...
- Na(+)-D-glucose cotransporter SGLT1 is pivotal for intestinal glucose absorption and glucose-dependent incretin secretionValentin Gorboulev
Institute of Anatomy and Cell Biology, University of Wurzburg, Wurzburg, Germany
Diabetes 61:187-96. 2012..Glucose-induced secretion of insulinotropic hormone (GIP) and glucagon-like peptide 1 (GLP-1) in wild-type and Sglt1(-/-) mice were compared...
- Glucose sensing by gut endocrine cells and activation of the vagal afferent pathway is impaired in a rodent model of type 2 diabetes mellitusJennifer Lee
Department of Anatomy, Physiology and Cell Biology, School of Veterinary Medicine, University of California, Davis, California 95616, USA
Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 302:R657-66. 2012..cells to release 5-HT, glucagon-like peptide 1/2 (GLP-1/2), and glucose-dependent insulinotropic polypeptide (GIP), which act to change gastrointestinal function and regulate postprandial plasma glucose...
- Glucose-dependent insulinotropic polypeptide reduces fat-specific expression and activity of 11β-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase type 1 and inhibits release of free fatty acidsOzlem Gögebakan
Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Campus Benjamin Franklin, Department of Endocrinology, Diabetes and Nutrition, Berlin, Germany
Diabetes 61:292-300. 2012Glucose-dependent insulinotropic polypeptide (GIP) has been suggested to have direct effects on nonislet tissues...
- Pharmacology and functions of receptors for vasoactive intestinal peptide and pituitary adenylate cyclase-activating polypeptide: IUPHAR review 1Anthony J Harmar
University of Edinburgh, Edinburgh, UK
Br J Pharmacol 166:4-17. 2012..related peptide hormones that includes glucagon, glucagon-like peptides, secretin, gastric inhibitory peptide (GIP) and growth hormone-releasing hormone (GHRH)...
- Two cases of gastrointestinal perforation after radiotherapy in patients receiving tyrosine kinase inhibitor for advanced renal cell carcinomaTakaaki Inoue
Department of Urology, Kansai Medical University in Japan, Hirakata Shinmachi 2 tyoume, Hirakata City, Osaka, Japan
World J Surg Oncol 10:167. 2012We report two cases of gastrointestinal perforation (GIP) after radiotherapy in patients receiving tyrosine kinase inhibitor (TKI) for advanced renal cell carcinoma (RCC)...
- Link between GIP and osteopontin in adipose tissue and insulin resistanceEmma Ahlqvist
Department of Clinical Sciences, Diabetes, and Endocrinology, University Hospital Malmo, Lund University, Malmo, Sweden
Diabetes 62:2088-94. 2013..Since glucose-dependent insulinotropic polypeptide (GIP) is a strong stimulator of adipogenesis and may play a role in the development of obesity, we explored whether GIP ..
- Peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor γ (PPARγ) and its target genes are downstream effectors of FoxO1 protein in islet β-cells: mechanism of β-cell compensation and failureDhananjay Gupta
Division of Endocrinology, Diabetes, and Metabolism and the Department of Medicine, University of Vermont, Burlington, Vermont 05405, USA
J Biol Chem 288:25440-9. 2013..expression in β-cells, thus transcription of its target genes (Pdx1, glucose-dependent insulinotropic polypeptide (GIP) receptor, and pyruvate carboxylase) that are important regulators of β-cell function, survival, and compensation...
- Physiology of incretins and loss of incretin effect in type 2 diabetes and obesityGiuseppina Opinto
Department of Emergency and Organ Transplantation, Section of Internal Medicine, Endocrinology, Andrology and Metabolic Diseases, University of Bari School of Medicine, Bari, Italy and
Arch Physiol Biochem 119:170-8. 2013..the major incretin hormones are glucagon-like peptide (GLP)-1 and glucose-dependent insulinotropic polypeptide (GIP), and together they fully account for the incretin effect (that is, higher insulin release in response to an oral ..
- Short communication: plasma concentration of glucose-dependent insulinotropic polypeptide may regulate milk energy production in lactating dairy cowsA E Relling
Department of Animal Sciences, The Ohio State University, Ohio Agricultural Research and Development Center OARDC, 1680 Madison Ave, Wooster 44691 4096, OH Electronic address
J Dairy Sci 97:2440-3. 2014In dairy cows, an increase in plasma concentration of glucose-dependent insulinotropic polypeptide (GIP) is associated with an increase in metabolizable energy intake, but the role of GIP in energy partitioning of dairy cattle is not ..
- Role of endogenous GLP-1 and GIP in beta cell compensatory responses to insulin resistance and cellular stressSrividya Vasu
SAAD Centre for Pharmacy and Diabetes, University of Ulster, Coleraine, Northern Ireland
PLoS ONE 9:e101005. 2014Role of GLP-1 and GIP in beta cell compensatory responses to beta cell attack and insulin resistance were examined in C57BL/6 mice lacking functional receptors for GLP-1 and GIP...
- Cystic fibrosis related diabetes--a new perspective on the optimal management of postprandial glycemiaS Perano
Department of Diabetes and Endocrinology, Women s and Children s Hospital, South Australia, Australia Discipline of Paediatrics and Medicine, University of Adelaide, South Australia, Australia Electronic address
J Diabetes Complications 28:904-11. 2014..emptying and the consequent release of the 'incretin' hormones, glucose-dependent insulinotropic polypeptide (GIP) and glucagon-like-peptide-1 (GLP-1), from the gut are important determinants of overall glycemic control, ..
- Adaptive human CDKAL1 variants underlie hormonal response variations at the enteroinsular axisChia Lin Chang
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital Linkou Medical Center, Chang Gung University, Kweishan, Taoyuan, Taiwan
PLoS ONE 9:e105410. 2014..patterns in human populations, followed by studying associations among selected variants and serum levels of GIP, insulin, and C-peptide in pregnant women after an oral glucose tolerance test...
- Mutation analysis of inhibitory guanine nucleotide binding protein alpha (GNAI) loci in young and familial pituitary adenomasHande Demir
Department of Medical Genetics, Genome Scale Biology Research Program, Institute of Biomedicine, Biomedicum Helsinki, University of Helsinki, Helsinki, Finland
PLoS ONE 9:e109897. 2014..Here, we have analyzed the coding regions of GNAI1, GNAI2, and GNAI3 in a set of young sporadic somatotropinoma patients (n = 32; mean age of diagnosis 32 years) and ..
- [GIP-like findings with a special spectrum of causes]K M Muller
Gerhard Domagk Institut für Pathologie, Universitatsklinikum Munster, Albert Schweitzer Campus 1, Gebäude D17, 48149, Munster, Deutschland
Pathologe 35:612-4. 2014Giant cell interstitial pneumonia (GIP)-like pulmonary alterations as a special form of condensate pneumopathy may result following inhalation of certain types of tobacco smoke which can cause a pitfall diagnosis of sideropneumoconiosis ..
- [Updates on Lifestyle-Related Diseases and Bone Metabolism. The relationship between incretin and bone metabolism]Ippei Kanazawa
Internal Medicine 1, Shimane University Faculty of Medicine, Japan
Clin Calcium 24:1671-7. 2014There are two kinds of incretin, glucose-dependent insulinotropic polypeptide (GIP) and glucagon-like peptide-1 (GLP-1) ...
- Gastric inhibitory polypeptide immunoneutralization attenuates development of obesity in miceMichael O Boylan
Division of Gastroenterology, MetroHealth Medical Center and Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 309:E1008-18. 2015Previous reports have suggested that the abrogation of gastric inhibitory polypeptide (GIP) signaling could be exploited to prevent and treat obesity and obesity-related disorders in humans...
- Effect of Acarbose, Sitagliptin and combination therapy on blood glucose, insulin, and incretin hormone concentrations in experimentally induced postprandial hyperglycemia of healthy catsAkihiro Mori
School of Veterinary Nursing and Technology, Nippon Veterinary and Life Science University, 1 7 1 Kyonancho, Musashino, Tokyo 180 8602, Japan Electronic address
Res Vet Sci 106:131-4. 2016..incretin hormone (active glucagon-like peptide-1 (GLP-1) and total glucose dependent insulinotropic polypeptide (GIP)) concentrations in five healthy cats, following ingestion of a meal with maltose. All treatments tended (p<0...
- Glucose-dependent insulinotropic polypeptide (GIP) dose-dependently reduces osteoclast differentiation and resorptionGuillaume Mabilleau
GEROM Groupe Etudes Remodelage Osseux et bioMatériaux LHEA, IRIS IBS Institut de Biologie en Santé, University of Angers, 49933 Angers Cedex, France SCIAM, Service Commun d Imagerie et Analyses Microscopiques, IRIS IBS Institut de Biologie en Santé, University of Angers, 49933 Angers Cedex, France Electronic address
Bone 91:102-12. 2016A role for glucose-dependent insulinotropic polypeptide (GIP) in controlling bone resorption has been suspected. However uncertainty remains to identify whether GIP act directly on osteoclasts...
- Drinks containing anthocyanin-rich blackcurrant extract decrease postprandial blood glucose, insulin and incretin concentrationsMonica L Castro-Acosta
Diabetes and Nutritional Sciences Division, King s College London, Franklin Wilkins Building, 150 Stamford Street, London, SE1 9NH, UK
J Nutr Biochem 38:154-161. 2016..Plasma glucose, insulin and incretins (GIP and GLP-1) were measured 0-120min, and plasma 8-isoprostane F2α, together with arterial stiffness by ..
- Evaluation of the BioFire FilmArray® GastrointestinalPanel in a Midwestern Academic HospitalC N Murphy
Department of Pathology and Microbiology, University of Nebraska Medical Center, 985900 Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, NE, 68198 5900, USA
Eur J Clin Microbiol Infect Dis . 2016The BioFire FilmArray® Gastrointestinal Panel (GIP) was implemented to replace traditional stool culture and enzyme immunoassay (EIA) testing for stool pathogens...
- Biomarkers to Monitor Gluten-Free Diet Compliance in Celiac PatientsMaría de Lourdes Moreno
Departamento de Microbiologia y Parasitologia, Facultad de Farmacia, Universidad de Sevilla, C Profesor García González 2, 41012 Sevilla, Spain
Nutrients 9:. 2017..Therefore, the detection of gluten immunogenic peptides (GIP) in feces and urine have been proposed as new non-invasive biomarkers to detect gluten intake and verify GFD ..
- The sequence of the mouse phosducin-encoding gene and its 5'-flanking regionT Abe
Laboratory of Retinal Cell and Molecular Biology, National Eye Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892
Gene 133:179-86. 1993..A recent report indicated that Pd and the G-protein-inhibitor protein (GIP) in brain are virtually identical...
- Enhanced glucose-dependent insulinotropic polypeptide secretion and insulinotropic action in glucagon-like peptide 1 receptor -/- miceR A Pederson
Department of Physiology, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada
Diabetes 47:1046-52. 1998..exhibit compensatory changes in the enteroinsular axis via increased glucose-dependent insulinotropic polypeptide (GIP) secretion and enhanced GIP action...
- [Gluco-incretin hormones in insulin secretion and diabetes]Bernard Thorens
Institut de Physiologie, 27, Rue du Bugnon, 1005 Lausanne, Suisse
Med Sci (Paris) 19:860-3. 2003..These gluco-incretin hormones are GLP-1 (glucagon-like peptide-1) and GIP (gluco-dependent insulinotropic polypeptide)...
- EDWIN KERRY JACKSON; Fiscal Year: 2016..g., glucagon-like peptide-1 (GLP-1) and glucose-dependent insulinotropic peptide (GIP)], and consequently DPPIV inhibitors raise circulating levels of incretins and thereby exert antidiabetic actions ..
- Liver Glycogen in Control of Plasma GlucoseKatarina Borer; Fiscal Year: 2009..of insulinotropic gut peptides glucagon-like peptide-1 (GLP-1) and glucose-dependent insulinotropic peptide (GIP), that increase insulin/glucagon ratio and reduce glucoregulatory setpoint...
- Chi Liang Eric Yen; Fiscal Year: 2015..In addition, their postprandial levels of glucose-dependent insulinotropic peptide (GIP) are lower, whereas glucagon-like peptide1 (GLP1) levels are higher than in controls...
- 8th International Symposium for VIP, PACAP & Related PeptidesVictor May; Fiscal Year: 2007..GHRH), secretin, glucagon, glucagon-like peptide-1 (GLP-1), GLP-2, and glucose-dependent insulinotropic peptide (GIP) is more distant but in aggregate, members of PACAP/VIP family have critical functions across broad physiological ..
- A PROOF-OF-CONCEPT CLINICAL TRIAL OF XENIN-25 IN THE TREATMENT OF TYPE 2 DIABETESBurton M Wice; Fiscal Year: 2010..secretion specifically by enhancing insulin secretory responses to Glucose-Dependent Insulinotropic Polypeptide (GIP)...
- The Role of the Cdc42-Pak1 Signaling Pathway in the Incretin EffectSTEPHANIE MICHELLE YODER; Fiscal Year: 2013..The two incretin hormones glucose-dependent insulinotropic polypeptide (GIP) and glucagon-like peptide-1 (GLP-1) are secreted from intestinal K and L cells, respectively, in response to ..
- Glucose-dependent Insulinotropic Peptide & Bone TurnoverCarlos Isales; Fiscal Year: 2006unreadable] DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Glucose-dependent Insulinotropic Peptide (GIP) is a 42 amino acid peptide synthesized and secreted largely from endocrine cells in the small intestine...
- Burton M Wice; Fiscal Year: 2014..Glucagon-Like Peptide-1 (GLP-1) and glucose-dependent insulinotropic polypeptide (GIP) are the two major incretins most extensively studied to date...
- Timothy E McGraw; Fiscal Year: 2016..One such example is Glucose-dependent Insulinotropic Polypeptide (GIP), a gut hormone (so called incretin) secreted in response to nutrients...
- Mechanisms of Glycemic Improvement Following Gastrointestinal SurgeryDavid R Flum; Fiscal Year: 2013..Plasma levels of GLP-1, GIP. PYY, and ghrelin will be made during standardized meals throughout these experiments in both species, to clarify ..
- Comparative Effectiveness of Medical Therapy vs. Bariatric Surgery for Obese T2DMDAVID BRADLEY contact LAUTZ; Fiscal Year: 2010..Gastrointestinal hormones including incretins (GLP-1, GIP) and appetite regulating peptides (ghrelin, PYY, leptin) will be compared...
- Beta-cell Compensation in Partial Pancreatectomy MiceJOHN L LEAHY; Fiscal Year: 2013..regulation of key genes that impact [unreadable]-cell function and survival (pdx-1), the incretin system (GIP receptor), and mitochondrial fuel metabolism (pyruvate carboxylase)...
- Kenneth L Koch; Fiscal Year: 2016..of the stomach and, b) the release of gut hormones which control insulin secretions and hunger and satiety (GLP-1, GIP, ghrelin, VIP and NPY) in a differential manner over time...
- ANDREA BRIDGET KELLY; Fiscal Year: 2016..Decreased secretion of GLP-1 and decreased responsiveness of insulin secretion to GIP, both incretins, have been identified in T2D, but have received minimal attention in CFRD...
- Effect of Bariatric Surgery on Mechanisms of Type 2 Diabetes: The B2D TrialPhilip R Schauer; Fiscal Year: 2013..In addition, the underlying mechanisms will be explored by measuring incretin hormone responses (GLP-1/GIP), lipid accumulation in the liver and skeletal muscle using magnetic resonance spectroscopy, and insulin signaling ..
- Role of taste signaling elements in enteroendocrine cellsRobert F Margolskee; Fiscal Year: 2013..cell-expressed taste signaling elements will have defects in regulating their plasma levels of GLP-1, GIP and other hormones - leading to: (a) failure to upregulate certain enterocyte transporters, (b) dysregulation of ..
- REGULATION OF INSULIN SECRETION IN NON-ISLET CELLSALVIN POWERS; Fiscal Year: 2001..glucokinase (GK), glucagon-like peptide-I (GLP-1) receptor, and glucose-dependent insulin releasing polypeptide (GIP) receptor)...
- Investigating the glycolytic interactome to understand cancer metabolismWilliam Comb; Fiscal Year: 2013..Structural approaches will be applied to gain insights toward GIP regulatory function and this information will be used to generate tools to disrupt these potentially important ..
- A Glucose Nanosensor for Continuous Glucose Monitoring within Living CellsKaiming Ye; Fiscal Year: 2006..coli. With this protein, we engineered a "glucose indicator protein" (GIP) that displays a change in fluorescence intensity as a function of glucose concentration...
- Is GIP Involved in the Resolution of Diabetes After Roux-en-y Gastric Bypass?Tammy Kindel; Fiscal Year: 2009..Glucose-inhibitory polypeptide (GIP) is an incretin released from the proximal small intestine and enhances the release of insulin from the pancreas in ..
- NUTRITIONAL CONTROL OF INTERMEDIARY METABOLISMPETER STACPOOLE; Fiscal Year: 1991..omega- 3 and omega-6 ingestion by measuring the secretion of insulin, C- peptide and gastric inhibitory peptides (GIP) following oral and intravenous glucose and a mixed meal...
- A GIP receptor antagonist drug to treat obesityMichael Boylan; Fiscal Year: 2003..We have previously identified glucose-dependent insulinotropic polypeptide (GIP) as the primary hormonal mediator of the enteroinsular axis...
- The Function of Phospholipase A2 in Islet Beta-cellsZhongmin Ma; Fiscal Year: 2007..Certain receptor-mediated insulin-secretagogues, such as glucose-dependent insulinotropic polypeptide (GIP) and cholecystokinin-8 (CCK-8) also stimulate release of AA by activating islet phospholipase A2 (PLA2)...
- GLUCOSE HOMEOSTASIS AND THE SURGICALLY ALTERED PANCREASJOHN HANKS; Fiscal Year: 1990..infusions will be done to study the modulating effects of peptides which suppress (somatostatin) or stimulate (GIP) insulin secretion...
- PEPTIDE HORMONE PRODUCTION IN E COLIKeiichi Itakura; Fiscal Year: 1980As soon as the amino acid sequence of GIP is obtained, the gene for GIP will be constructed and expressed in E. coli to produce a large amount of GIP. As designed and synthetic promoter will be cloned in E...
- MECHANISMS OF GOLGI VESICULATION DURING MITOSISVivek Malhotra; Fiscal Year: 2007..The phosphorylated GRASP65 recruits a novel protein called Gip (GRASP interacting protein) and this event is necessary for GRASP65 dependent regulation of spindle dynamics in ..
- Characterization of GIP signaling in adipocytesDIANE SONG; Fiscal Year: 2007..mediator of enteric insulin release in response to oral glucose is glucose-dependent insulinotropic polypeptide (GIP)...
- Function of ATP-sensitive Potassium ChannelsJoseph Bryan; Fiscal Year: 2006..with altered release kinetics, and 2) unexpectedly Sur 1KO islets show no response to the incretins, GLP- 1 and GIP. This defect is secondary to an impaired response to elevated cAMP and serves to disrupt the enteroinsular axis, ..
- INSULIN & GLUCOSE SIGNALING PATHWAYS IN ISLET BETA CELLSRohit Kulkarni; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- Environmental Estrogens Acting via a Membrane ReceptorCHERYL WATSON; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Nongenomic Signaling Mechanisms of Environmental EstrogensCheryl S Watson; Fiscal Year: 2011..breast and pituitary cancers, infertility) must be understood so that exposures can be limited to safe levels. ..
- MINIMAL ENTERAL NUTRIENT REQUIREMENTS IN NEONATESDouglas Burrin; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- Leptin and Neuroendocrine Gene Regulation in ObesityJudith Korner; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Inflammation in obesity: Modulation by Weight LossParesh Dandona; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- Structure and mechanism of beta2-adrenergic receptorRoger Sunahara; Fiscal Year: 2008..Finally, I will integrate these data to formulate a model of how hormone activation of b2R leads to activation of nucleotide exchange and propose that this model will extend to the entire family of GPCRs. ..
- Role of Leptin in Islet GrowthRohit Kulkarni; Fiscal Year: 2008..The proposed studies are aimed at the long-term goal of developing therapeutic strategies to prevent or delay the development of diabetes in obese individuals. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Role of Gastrin in the Pathogenesis of Colorectal CancerMichael Wolfe; Fiscal Year: 2008..The answers to these provocative hypotheses can only be achieved by gaining a thorough understanding of the molecular mechanisms by which gastrin exerts its trophic properties. ..
- Leptin modulation of insulin action in the islet b-cellRohit Kulkarni; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Leptin and Neuroendocrine Gene Regulation in ObesityJudith Korner; Fiscal Year: 2005..Leibel and Dr. Wardlaw, are experienced in basic and clinical research. They are easily accessible, enthusiastic about my projects, and will facilitate my transition to status as an independent investigator. ..
- Defintion of the Physiological Properties of GIPMichael Wolfe; Fiscal Year: 2007..beta-cell insulin release, we have recently identified receptors to glucose-dependent insulinotropic polypeptide (GIP) on human adipocytes...
- Dissecting the Death Pathway in Islet Beta CellsRohit Kulkarni; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..