Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: GM-CSF
Description: colony stimulating factor 2
Alias: GMCSF, granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor, CSF, colony stimulating factor 2 (granulocyte-macrophage), granulocyte macrophage-colony stimulating factor, molgramostin, sargramostim
Publications685 found, 100 shown here
- Release of granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor by alveolar macrophages in the lung of HIV-1-infected patients. A mechanism accounting for macrophage and neutrophil accumulationC Agostini
Padua University School of Medicine, Department of Clinical Medicine, Italy
J Immunol 149:3379-85. 1992In this paper, the release of granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor (GM-CSF) in the lung of patients with HIV-1 infection was evaluated...
- Recombinant human granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor in acquired or chemotherapy-induced neutropenia. An open clinical trialD Piguet
Service d'oncologie, , , Switzerland
Acta Oncol 33:639-43. 1994..evaluated the efficacy and tolerability of recombinant human granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor (rhGM-CSF) in patients with established neutropenia, considering as the main endpoint the clinical benefit to the patients ..
- Effects of Pseudostellaria heterophylla on proliferation and differentiation of murine bone marrow cellsC K Wong
Department of Biochemistry, Chinese University of Hong Kong, Shatin, New Territories
Immunopharmacol Immunotoxicol 16:71-84. 1994..Therefore, PH-I Ba was proved to be an immunostimulating agent for mouse marrow hematopoiesis and was found to be a polysaccharide. The sugar components were analyzed by Gas Liquid Chromatography of their alditol acetates...
- Therapeutic use of granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor (GM-CSF). A review of recent experienceR T Costello
INSERM U119, , Marseille, France
Acta Oncol 32:403-8. 1993..Recent therapeutic trials with granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factors (GM-CSF) in association with chemotherapy, bone marrow transplantation and leukemia treatment are reviewed...
- Inflammatory cytokines in the herniated disc of the lumbar spineH Takahashi
First Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Tokyo, Japan
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 21:218-24. 1996..Further studies are required to elucidate the role of inflammatory cytokines in causing sciatic pain...
- Human IL-3/GM-CSF knock-in mice support human alveolar macrophage development and human immune responses in the lungTim Willinger
Department of Immunobiology, The Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06520, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 108:2390-5. 2011..To overcome this, we generated human IL-3/GM-CSF knock-in (hIL-3/GM-CSF KI) mice...
- Granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor signals for increased glucose transport via phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase- and hydrogen peroxide-dependent mechanismsManya Dhar-Mascareno
Program in Molecular Pharmacology and Chemistry, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, New York 10021, USA
J Biol Chem 278:11107-14. 2003Granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor (GM-CSF) stimulates cellular glucose uptake by decreasing the apparent K(m) for substrate transport through facilitative glucose transporters on the plasma membrane...
- Granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor and interleukin-3 induce cell cycle progression through the synthesis of c-Myc protein by internal ribosome entry site-mediated translation via phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase pathway in human factor-dependenNorihiko Kobayashi
Department of Hematology, Research Institute, International Medical Center of Japan, 1 21 1 Toyama, Shinjuku ku, Tokyo 162 8655, Japan
Blood 102:3186-95. 2003..progression, and c-Myc expression were strictly regulated by granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor (GM-CSF) and interleukin-3 (IL-3)...
- NOD/SCID mice engineered to express human IL-3, GM-CSF and Steel factor constitutively mobilize engrafted human progenitors and compromise human stem cell regenerationF E Nicolini
Terry Fox Laboratory, British Columbia Cancer Agency, Vancouver, BC, Canada
Leukemia 18:341-7. 2004..to produce ng/ml serum levels of human interleukin-3 (IL-3), granulocyte/macrophage-stimulating factor (GM-CSF) and Steel factor (SF) display a complex phenotype when transplanted with primitive human bone marrow (BM) or fetal ..
- Regulation of expression and secretion of galectin-3 in human monocyte-derived dendritic cellsCaroline M W van Stijn
Department of Molecular Cell Biology and Immunology, VU University Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Mol Immunol 46:3292-9. 2009..monocytes in the presence of interleukin-4 (IL-4) and granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor (GM-CSF)...
- Requirement for PLCγ2 in IL-3 and GM-CSF-stimulated MEK/ERK phosphorylation in murine and human hematopoietic stem/progenitor cellsCarlos M M P Leon
Departamento de Biofisica, Universidade Federal de Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
J Cell Physiol 226:1780-92. 2011..1/2 (ERK1/2) pathway in primary murine and human hematopoietic stem/progenitor cells stimulated by IL-3 and GM-CSF were studied...
- Three residues in the common beta chain of the human GM-CSF, IL-3 and IL-5 receptors are essential for GM-CSF and IL-5 but not IL-3 high affinity binding and interact with Glu21 of GM-CSFJ M Woodcock
Division of Human Immunology, Hanson Centre for Cancer Research, Institute of Medical and Veterinary Science, Adelaide, South Australia
EMBO J 13:5176-85. 1994The beta subunit (beta c) of the receptors for human granulocyte macrophage colony stimulating factor (GM-CSF), interleukin-3 (IL-3) and interleukin-5 (IL-5) is essential for high affinity ligand-binding and signal transduction...
- Differential cytokine expression of human retinal pigment epithelial cells in response to stimulation by C5aY Fukuoka
Institute of Pathology, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio 44106, USA
Clin Exp Immunol 131:248-53. 2003..primary human RPE cell line (RPE43) and found that C5a induces increased expression of IL-1beta, IL-6, MCP-1 and GM-CSF mRNAs as well as IL-8 mRNA. ARPE-19 cells showed similar increases in the same cytokines...
- Granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor enhancer activation requires cooperation between NFAT and AP-1 elements and is associated with extensive nucleosome reorganizationBrett V Johnson
Molecular Medicine Unit, Department of Medicine, St James s University Hospital, University of Leeds, Leeds, England
Mol Cell Biol 24:7914-30. 2004The human granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor (GM-CSF) gene is activated by an NFAT-dependent enhancer forming an inducible DNase I hypersensitive (DH) site...
- IL-3 can not replace GM-CSF in inducing human monocytes to differentiate into Langerhans cellsTetsunori Shibasaki
Department of Hematology and Oncology, Mie University Graduate School of Medicine, 2 174 Edobashi, Tsu, Mie 514 8507, Japan
Int J Oncol 30:549-55. 2007Receptors for granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor (GM-CSF) and interleukin-3 (IL-3) share a common beta subunit...
- The structure of the GM-CSF receptor complex reveals a distinct mode of cytokine receptor activationGuido Hansen
Biota Structural Biology Laboratory, St Vincent s Institute of Medical Research, 41 Victoria Parade, Fitzroy, Victoria 3065, Australia
Cell 134:496-507. 2008Granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor (GM-CSF) is a pleiotropic cytokine that controls the production and function of blood cells, is deregulated in clinical conditions such as rheumatoid arthritis and leukemia, yet offers ..
- A conserved insulator that recruits CTCF and cohesin exists between the closely related but divergently regulated interleukin-3 and granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor genesSarion R Bowers
Experimental Haematology, Leeds Institute of Molecular Medicine, University of Leeds, St James s University Hospital, Leeds LS9 7TF, United Kingdom
Mol Cell Biol 29:1682-93. 2009The human interleukin-3 (IL-3) and granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating-factor (GM-CSF, or CSF2) gene cluster arose by duplication of an ancestral gene...
- GM-CSF production by glioblastoma cells has a functional role in eosinophil survival, activation, and growth factor production for enhanced tumor cell proliferationColleen S Curran
Department of Animal Health and Biomedical Sciences, University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI 53706, USA
J Immunol 187:1254-63. 2011..Addition of GM-CSF neutralizing Abs to GBM cell cultures or conditioned media reduced eosinophil adhesion, survival, and activation, ..
- Granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor as an autocrine survival-growth factor in human gliomasRoberto P Revoltella
Institute for Chemical Physical Processes IPCF, National Research Council of Italy CNR, Pisa, Italy
Cytokine 57:347-59. 2012We studied the expression of granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor (GM-CSF) and its receptors (GM-CSF...
- Oncogenic Kras-induced GM-CSF production promotes the development of pancreatic neoplasiaYuliya Pylayeva-Gupta
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Pharmacology, New York University School of Medicine, New York, NY 10016, USA
Cancer Cell 21:836-47. 2012..Here, we demonstrate an oncogenic Kras(G12D)-dependent upregulation of GM-CSF in mouse pancreatic ductal epithelial cells (PDECs)...
- Epigallocatechin gallate targeting of membrane type 1 matrix metalloproteinase-mediated Src and Janus kinase/signal transducers and activators of transcription 3 signaling inhibits transcription of colony-stimulating factors 2 and 3 in mesenchymal stromalAlain Zgheib
Laboratoire d Oncologie Moleculaire, Centre de recherche BioMed, Departement de Chimie, Universite du Quebec a Montreal, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H3C 3P8
J Biol Chem 288:13378-86. 2013b>CSF-2 and CSF-3 confer proangiogenic and immunomodulatory properties to mesenchymal stromal cells (MSCs).
- Functions of granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factorAndrew J Fleetwood
Arthritis and Inflammation Research Centre, Department of Medicine, Royal Melbourne Hospital, The University of Melbourne, Parkville 3010, Victoria, Australia
Crit Rev Immunol 25:405-28. 2005GM-CSF was originally defined by its ability to generate in vitro granulocyte and macrophage colonies from bone marrow precursor cells...
- SHP1 and SHP2 protein-tyrosine phosphatases associate with betac after interleukin-3-induced receptor tyrosine phosphorylation. Identification of potential binding sites and substratesH Bone
School of Pharmacy and Pharmacology, University of Bath, Claverton Down, Bath, BA2 7AY, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 272:14470-6. 1997..Binding of these protein-tyrosine phosphatases to the IL-3 receptor may regulate IL-3 signal transduction pathways, both through their catalytic activity and through the recruitment of other molecules to the receptor complex...
- Identification of a 14-3-3 binding sequence in the common beta chain of the granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor (GM-CSF), interleukin-3 (IL-3), and IL-5 receptors that is serine-phosphorylated by GM-CSFF C Stomski
The Cytokine Receptor Laboratory, The Hanson Centre for Cancer Research and Institute of Medical and Veterinary Science, Adelaide, Australia
Blood 94:1933-42. 1999The common beta chain (beta(c)) of the granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor (GM-CSF), interleukin-3 (IL-3), and IL-5 receptors is the major signaling subunit of these receptors coupling ligand binding to multiple biological ..
- Biology of common beta receptor-signaling cytokines: IL-3, IL-5, and GM-CSFMargarita Martinez-Moczygemba
Biology of Inflammation Center, Departments of Medicine and Immunology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX, USA
J Allergy Clin Immunol 112:653-65; quiz 666. 2003IL-3, IL-5, and GM-CSF are related hematopoietic cytoines that are important for allergic inflammation...
- [Prevention and treatment of febrile neutropenia]F Montemurro
Dipartimento di Scienze Biomediche ed Oncologia Umana, , Italy
Tumori 83:S15-9. 1997..Under these conditions, the administration of granulocyte colony-stimulating factor (G-CSF) or granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor (GM-CSF) accelerates neutrophil recovery and shortens the ..
- The use of colony-stimulating factors as bone marrow support for systemic anticancer chemotherapyE Reed
Gynecologic Oncology Section, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, MD 20892
J Natl Med Assoc 86:459-64. 1994..Granulocyte colony-stimulating factor (G-CSF) and granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor (GM-CSF) are two such compounds that have been approved by ..
- Induction of immunity to prostate cancer antigens: results of a clinical trial of vaccination with irradiated autologous prostate tumor cells engineered to secrete granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor using ex vivo gene transferJ W Simons
Johns Hopkins Oncology Center, Brady Urological Institute, and Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21287, USA
Cancer Res 59:5160-8. 1999Vaccination with irradiated granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor (GM-CSF)-secreting gene-transduced cancer vaccines induces tumoricidal immune responses...
- Augmentation of host resistance to Listeria monocytogenes infection by a traditional Chinese medicine, ren-shen-yang-rong-tang (Japanese name: ninjin-youei-to)K Yonekura
Traditional Chinese Medicine Research Laboratories, Kanebo Co. Ltd, Osaka, Japan
Immunopharmacol Immunotoxicol 14:165-90. 1992..After ip injection of NIN, interleukin-1 (IL-1), IL-6 and granulocyte macrophage-colony stimulating factor (GM-CSF) became detectable in the serum or peritoneal cavity...
- Effect of recombinant human granulocyte/macrophage colony-stimulating factor on neutrophil superoxide productionR M Schultz
Lilly Research Laboratories, Indianapolis, IN 46285
Immunopharmacol Immunotoxicol 13:183-98. 1991Recombinant human granulocyte/macrophage colony-stimulating factor (GM-CSF) induced significant superoxide production in human neutrophils within 30 minutes after addition of stimulus and the response was complete within 2 hr...
- Characterization of the isoforms of PIXY321, a granulocyte-macrophage-colony stimulating factor-interleukin-3 fusion protein, separated by preparative isoelectric focusing on immobilized pH gradientsA Balland
Immunex Corp, Seattle, WA 98101, USA
J Chromatogr A 846:143-56. 1999..This last parameter emphasizes the role of conformational aspects as key factors influencing the apparent isoelectric point of protein isoforms...
- Functional changes in THP-1 human monocytic cells after stimulation with lipopolysaccharide of oral microorganisms and granulocyte macrophage colony stimulating factorA A Baqui
Department of Oral Medicine, Dental School, University of Maryland, Baltimore 21201, USA
Immunopharmacol Immunotoxicol 20:493-518. 1998A human THP-1 monocyte cell line culture system has been utilized to observe the effect of granulocyte macrophage colony stimulating factor (GM-CSF) supplementation with lipopolysaccharide (LPS) of oral microorganisms to stimulate ..
- [In vitro assay method for augmention of anti-Candida activity of murine bone marrow cells by cytokines]S Morofuji
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Teikyo University School of Medicine
Kansenshogaku Zasshi 75:326-32. 2001..assay method for evaluation of immunomodulating candidates including granulocyte-colony stimulating factor (G-CSF) which may augment host defense function against opportunistic infections...
- Glucocorticoid receptor recruitment of histone deacetylase 2 inhibits interleukin-1beta-induced histone H4 acetylation on lysines 8 and 12K Ito
Thoracic Medicine, Imperial College School of Medicine at the National Heart and Lung Institute, London, United Kingdom
Mol Cell Biol 20:6891-903. 2000..of dexamethasone (10(-10) M) repress IL-1beta-stimulated granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor (GM-CSF) expression and fail to stimulate secretory leukocyte proteinase inhibitor expression...
- Purification of recombinant human granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor from the inclusion bodies produced by transformed Escherichia coli cellsM Belew
Pharmacia Bioprocess Technology, Uppsala, Sweden
J Chromatogr A 679:67-83. 1994Recombinant human granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor (rhGM-CSF), produced as inclusion bodies in genetically transformed Escherichia coli cells was purified to homogeneity by a three-step chromatographic procedure involving ..
- Autocrine enhancement of leukotriene synthesis by endogenous leukotriene B4 and platelet-activating factor in human neutrophilsP P McDonald
Centre de Recherche en Inflammation, Immunologie et Rhumatologie, Institut de recherche du CHUL, Ste Foy, , Canada
Br J Pharmacol 111:852-60. 1994..3. In recombinant human (rh) granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor (GM-CSF)-primed neutrophils, LT synthesis in response to chemoattractants (fMet-Leu-Phe or rhC5a) was also significantly ..
- p65-activated histone acetyltransferase activity is repressed by glucocorticoids: mifepristone fails to recruit HDAC2 to the p65-HAT complexK Ito
Thoracic Medicine, Imperial College School of Medicine at the National Heart and Lung Institute, Dovehouse St, London SW3 6LY, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 276:30208-15. 2001..These data also suggest that pharmacological manipulation of specific histone acetylation status is a potentially useful approach for the treatment of inflammatory diseases...
- In vitro effects of recombinant human granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor (RhGM-CSF) on polymorphonuclear cell (PMN) and monocyte (MO) functional capacities in ovarian cancer patients versus human volunteersM Altamura
Department of Internal Medicine, Immunology and Infectious Diseases, University of Bari Medical School, Italy
Immunopharmacol Immunotoxicol 19:437-49. 1997..normal donors were in vitro pretreated with different concentrations (25, 50 and 100 IU, respectively) of rhGM-CSF. Phagocytosis and killing of PMN and MO as well as PMN polarization were evaluated in cancer patients before ..
- Effect of Withania somnifera on cytokine production in normal and cyclophosphamide treated miceL Davis
Amala Cancer Research Centre, Kerala, India
Immunopharmacol Immunotoxicol 21:695-703. 1999..87 pg/ml), Interleukin-2 (IL-2) (14.16 pg/ml) and Granulocyte macrophage colony stimulating factor (GM-CSF) (49.22 pg/ml) in normal Balb/c mice...
- Diesel exhaust particles enhance airway responsiveness following allergen exposure in miceH Takano
Research Team for Health Effects of Air Pollutants, National Institute for Environmental Studies, Ibaraki, Japan
Immunopharmacol Immunotoxicol 20:329-36. 1998....
- Effect of granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor (GM-CSF) on hematologic toxicity induced by high-dose chemotherapy in patients with metastatic breast cancerF Hansen
Department of Oncology, Herlev University Hospital, Denmark
Acta Oncol 34:919-24. 1995..130 mg/m2, both every 3 weeks) as first or second line chemotherapy were randomized in a prospective study to GM-CSF 5 micrograms/kg per day (n = 11) or control (n = 9)...
- Analysis of Egr-1 protein induction in murine peritoneal macrophages treated with granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factorC Li
Department of Internal Medicine, Yale University School of Medicine, West Haven, Connecticut, USA
Yale J Biol Med 67:269-76. 1994..Since granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor (GM-CSF) induces macrophage proliferation as well as the transcription of Egr-1 mRNA, we characterized the induction of Egr-..
- Influence of bestatin on production of granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor from human peripheral blood mononuclear cells in vitroS Okamura
First Department of Internal Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, Kyushu University Hospital, Fukuoka, Japan
Acta Oncol 29:795-7. 1990..To elucidate the mechanisms of this effect, the levels of colony-stimulating factor (CSF) in culture supernatant of 1 x 10(6)/ml peripheral blood mononuclear cells (PBMC) cocultured with various ..
- Bleomycin and FK 565 enhance the release of GM-CSF from LPS-stimulated BALB/c peritoneal macrophagesB A Blaney
Immunology Department, Strathclyde University, Glasgow
Immunopharmacol Immunotoxicol 17:451-69. 1995..in vitro effects on the release of the haemopoietic cytokine Granulocyte Macrophage Colony-Stimulating Factor (GM-CSF) from LPS stimulated BALB/c adherent peritoneal macrophages...
- Microemulsion electrokinetic chromatography of proteinsG H Zhou
Department of Chemistry, Tsinghua University, Beijing, China
J Chromatogr A 853:277-84. 1999..and successfully applied to the assay of genetically engineering pharmaceuticals, recombinant human granulocyte macrophage colony stimulating factor injection and recombinant human granulocyte colony stimulating factor injection.
- Successful treatment of herpes simplex virus (HSV) recurrent genital infection with recombinant human (rh) granulocyte-macrophage colony stimulating factor (GM-CSF): a case reportM Altamura
Cattedra di Immunologia and Clinica Ostetrica e Ginecologica II, , , Italy
Immunopharmacol Immunotoxicol 19:425-36. 1997In the present work, we describe the treatment with rhGM-CSF of a woman affected by HSV recurrent genital infection and not responsive to specific antiviral therapy...
- Common binding structure for granulocyte macrophage colony-stimulating factor and interleukin-3 on human acute myeloid leukemia cells and monocytesL M Budel
Dr Daniel den Hoed Cancer Center, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Blood 75:1439-45. 1990Granulocyte macrophage colony-stimulating factor (GM-CSF) and interleukin-3 (IL-3) control the proliferation of human acute myeloid leukemia (AML) cells in vitro...
- Signal transduction of the human granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor and interleukin-3 receptors involves tyrosine phosphorylation of a common set of cytoplasmic proteinsY Kanakura
Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, MA 02115
Blood 76:706-15. 1990Human granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor (GM-CSF) and interleukin-3 (IL-3) exert multiple effects on the proliferation, differentiation, and function of myeloid lineage cells through their interaction with specific cell-..
- The amino-terminal portion of the JAK2 protein kinase is necessary for binding and phosphorylation of the granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor receptor beta c chainY Zhao
Division of Hematology Oncology, Veterans Administration Medical Center, Birmingham, Alabama 35294, USA
J Biol Chem 270:13814-8. 1995The binding of granulocyte-macrophage colony stimulating factor (GM-CSF) to its receptor stimulates JAK2 protein kinase activation, protein phosphorylation, and JAK2 association with the beta c chain of the GM-CSF receptor...
- Recombinant human granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor ameliorates zidovudine-induced neutropenia in patients with acquired immunodeficiency syndrome (AIDS)/AIDS-related complexJ D Levine
Department of Medicine, New England Deaconess Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA
Blood 78:3148-54. 1991To evaluate the effect of recombinant granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor (GM-CSF) on patients with acquired immunodeficiency syndrome (AIDS) or AIDS-related complex (ARC) who were intolerant to zidovudine because of ..
- Signaling functions of the tyrosine residues in the betac chain of the granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor receptorK Okuda
Division of Hematologic Malignancies, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Blood 90:4759-66. 1997The granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor (GM-CSF) receptor (GMR) is a heterodimeric receptor expressed by myeloid lineage cells...
- Granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor amplification of interleukin-1beta and tumor necrosis factor alpha production in THP-1 human monocytic cells stimulated with lipopolysaccharide of oral microorganismsA A Baqui
Department of Oral Medicine, Dental School, University of Maryland, Baltimore 21201, USA
Clin Diagn Lab Immunol 5:341-7. 1998Cytokines, including granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor (GM-CSF), are used to assist in bone marrow recovery during cancer chemotherapy...
- Purified murine granulocyte/macrophage progenitor cells express a high-affinity receptor for recombinant murine granulocyte/macrophage colony-stimulating factorD E Williams
Department of Medicine Hematology Oncology, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis 46223
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 85:487-91. 1988Purified recombinant murine granulocyte/macrophage colony-stimulating factor (GM-CSF) was labeled with 125I and used to examine the GM-CSF receptor on unfractionated normal murine bone marrow cells, casein-induced peritoneal exudate ..
- Expression and function of the human granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor receptor alpha subunitP T Jubinsky
Division of Pediatric Hematology and Oncology, Children s Hospital, Boston, MA
Blood 84:4174-85. 1994To determine the expression and function of the granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor (GM-CSF) receptor alpha chain (GMR alpha) during hematopoiesis and on leukemic cells, monoclonal antibodies were raised by immunizing mice ..
- Down-regulation of interleukin-3/granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor receptor beta-chain in BCR-ABL(+) human leukemic cells: association with loss of cytokine-mediated Stat-5 activation and protection from apoptosis after BCR-ABL inhibitionN J Donato
Department of Bioimmunotherapy, M D Anderson Cancer Center, University of Texas, Houston 77030, USA
Blood 97:2846-53. 2001..Expression of bcr-abl in interleukin-3 (IL-3)/granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor (GM-CSF)-dependent Mo7e cells (MBA) resulted in growth factor independence, constitutive activation of Stat-5 ..
- Characterization of a human eosinophil proteoglycan, and augmentation of its biosynthesis and size by interleukin 3, interleukin 5, and granulocyte/macrophage colony stimulating factorM E Rothenberg
Department of Medicine, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts
J Biol Chem 263:13901-8. 1988..human interleukin (IL) 3, mouse IL 5, or recombinant human granulocyte/macrophage colony stimulating factor (GM-CSF) and then were radiolabeled with [35S]sulfate to characterize their cell-associated proteoglycans...
- Attenuated hematopoietic response to granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor in patients with acquired pulmonary alveolar proteinosisJ F Seymour
Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research, Parkville, Australia
Blood 92:2657-67. 1998..Gene-targeted mice lacking the hematopoietic growth factor granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor (GM-CSF) or the signal-transducing beta-common chain of the GM-CSF receptor have impaired surfactant clearance and ..
- Expression of granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor receptors in human prostate cancerC I Rivas
Department of Medicine, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY 10021, USA
Blood 91:1037-43. 1998We studied the expression and function of the granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor (GM-CSF) receptor in the human prostate carcinoma cell line LNCaP and looked for its presence in normal and neoplastic human prostatic tissue...
- Effect of granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor deficiency on ovarian follicular cell functionR B Gilchrist
The Reproductive Medicine Unit, Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, The University of Adelaide, The Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Woodville, SA 5011, Australia
J Reprod Fertil 120:283-92. 2000Granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor (GM-CSF), a cytokine secreted by lymphohaemopoietic and other cell lineages, is known to influence ovarian cyclicity and embryo development...
- Distinct domains of the human granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor receptor alpha subunit mediate activation of Jak/Stat signaling and differentiationM B Lilly
Department of Medicine and the Center for Molecular Biology and Gene Therapy, Loma Linda University, Loma Linda, CA 92354, USA
Blood 97:1662-70. 2001The alpha subunit of the human granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor (GM-CSF) receptor has several isoforms that result from alternative splicing events...
- Granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor promotes glucose transport and blastomere viability in murine preimplantation embryosS A Robertson
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, University of Adelaide, Adelaide 5005, Australia
Biol Reprod 64:1206-15. 2001Granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor (GM-CSF) secretion from epithelial cells lining the female reproductive tract is induced during early pregnancy by ovarian steroid hormones and constituents of seminal plasma...
- 217 effects of porcine granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor on porcine in vitro-fertilized embryosS S Kwak
Laboratory of Veterinary Embryology and Biotechnology VETEMBIO, College of Veterinary Medicine, Chungbuk National University, Cheongju 361 763, Republic of Korea
Reprod Fertil Dev 23:207-8. 2011The cytokine granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor (GM-CSF) is expressed in the female reproductive tract and is one of the regulatory molecules that mediate maternal effects on the growth and development of pre-implantation ..
- Granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor ensures macrophage survival and generation of the superoxide anion: a study using a monocytic-differentiated HL60 sublineM Ujihara
Department of Medicine, Institute of Clinical Endocrinology, Tokyo, Japan
Free Radic Biol Med 31:1396-404. 2001..to atherosclerotic lesions, and current evidence suggests that granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor (GM-CSF) is one of these constituents...
- Serum-free culture of dendritic cells from patients with chronic myeloid leukemia in vitro and estimation of their cytotoxicityWenli Zhao
Department of Hematology, Shaanxi Provincial People s Hospital, Xi an 710068, China or
Chin Med J (Engl) 115:1296-300. 2002..To establish a serum-free culture system of dendritic cells (DCs) from chronic myeloid leukemia (CML) cells so that DCs vaccine may be applied to the adoptive immunotherapy of CML in the near future...
- Dysregulated activation of activator protein 1 in keratinocytes of atopic dermatitis patients with enhanced expression of granulocyte/macrophage-colony stimulating factorS Pastore
Laboratory of Immunology, Istituto Dermopatico dell Immacolata, IRCCS, Rome, Italy
J Invest Dermatol 115:1134-43. 2000..J Invest Dermatol 115:1134-1143 2000..
- Neurotrophic action of interleukin 3 and granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor on murine sympathetic neuronsY Kannan
Department of Veterinary Physiology, Graduate School of Agriculture and Biological Sciences, Osaka Prefecture University, Sakai, Japan
Neuroimmunomodulation 8:132-41. 2000..We investigated neurotrophic effects of interleukin 3 (IL-3) and granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor (GM-CSF) on cultured sympathetic neurons obtained from mouse superior cervical ganglia...
- Induction of inhibitory central nervous system-derived and stimulatory blood-derived dendritic cells suggests a dual role for granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor in central nervous system inflammationLysann Hesske
Clinical Immunology, University Hospital of Zurich, Switzerland
Brain 133:1637-54. 2010....
- Monocyte anergy is present in patients with severe acute pancreatitis and is significantly alleviated by granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor and interferon-gamma in vitroMarja Leena Kylanpaa
Department of Surgery, Helsinki University Central Hospital, Helsinki, Finland
Pancreas 31:23-7. 2005..in patients with severe AP and to determine whether treatment of blood samples with granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor (GM-CSF) and/or interferon-gamma (IFN-gamma) corrected the functional defects of monocytes in vitro.
- Reconstitution of functional receptors for human granulocyte/macrophage colony-stimulating factor (GM-CSF): evidence that the protein encoded by the AIC2B cDNA is a subunit of the murine GM-CSF receptorT Kitamura
Department of Molecular Biology, DNAX Research Institute of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Palo Alto, CA 94304
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 88:5082-6. 1991The high-affinity receptor for human granulocyte/macrophage colony-stimulating factor (hGM-CSF) is composed of two subunits, alpha and beta...
- Ovarian immune cells express granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor (GM-CSF) during follicular growth and luteinization in gonadotropin-primed immature rodentsK Tamura
Department of Pharmacology, Tokyo University of Pharmacy and Life Science, Japan
Mol Cell Endocrinol 142:153-63. 1998To obtain clues as to whether granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor (GM-CSF) is related to ovarian physiology, the sites, the gene expression and the production of GM-CSF in the ovary during follicular development and ..
- Granulocyte/macrophage-colony-stimulating factor augments lymphokine-activated killer activity from lymphocytes via macrophages in lung cancer patientsK Takahashi
The Second Department of Surgery, School of Medicine, The University of Tokushima, Japan
Cancer Immunol Immunother 49:537-43. 2000Therapies with granulocyte/macrophage-colony-stimulating factor (GM-CSF) and interleukin(IL)-2 are designed to activate macrophages and lymphocytes...
- Role of granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor in preventing apoptosis and improving functional outcome in experimental spinal cord contusion injuryYoon Ha
Departments of Neurosurgery and Physiology, Inha University College of Medicine, Inchon, Korea
J Neurosurg Spine 2:55-61. 2005Granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor (GM-CSF) is a potent hemopoietic cytokine that stimulates stem cell proliferation in the bone marrow and inhibits apoptotic cell death in leukocytes...
- Effect of granulocyte macrophage-colony stimulating factor on extracellular matrix deposition by dermal fibroblasts from patients with sclerodermaLoredana Postiglione
Dipartimento di Biologia e Patologia Cellulare e Molecolare, Universita degli Studi Federico II, Naples, Italy
J Rheumatol 32:656-64. 2005To investigate the in vitro effect of granulocyte macrophage-colony stimulating factor (GM-CSF) on the deposition of extracellular matrix (ECM) in fibroblasts obtained from the skin of patients with systemic sclerosis (Ssc), compared ..
- Does granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor prevent bacterial translocation in rats with surgical trauma and obstructive jaundice?Ali E Demirbag
Department of Gastrointestinal Surgery, Türkiye Yüksek Ihtisas Post Graduate Research and Teaching Hospital, Ankara, Turkey
Turk J Gastroenterol 20:31-40. 2009..The aim of this study was to prevent translocation and to increase Kupffer cell incidence by using granulocytemacrophage colony-stimulating factor in rats with surgical trauma and obstructive jaundice...
- Granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor elicits bone marrow-derived cells that promote efficient colonic mucosal healingEric Bernasconi
Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Vaudois and University of Lausanne, Switzerland
Inflamm Bowel Dis 16:428-41. 2010Granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor (GM-CSF) therapy is effective in treating some Crohn's disease (CD) patients and protects mice from colitis induced by dextran sulfate sodium (DSS) administration...
- Randomized cross-over trial of progenitor-cell mobilization: high-dose cyclophosphamide plus granulocyte colony-stimulating factor (G-CSF) versus granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor plus G-CSFO N Koc
Department of Medicine, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio, USA
J Clin Oncol 18:1824-30. 2000..compared the number of progenitors mobilized into blood after granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor (GM-CSF) days 1 to 12 plus granulocyte colony-stimulating factor (G-CSF) days 7 to 12 (regimen G) with the number of ..
- Characterization of ovarian function in granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor-deficient miceM J Jasper
Reproductive Medicine Unit, Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, The University of Adelaide, The Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Woodville, South Australia 5011, Australia
Biol Reprod 62:704-13. 2000..of this study was to investigate the physiological role of granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor (GM-CSF) in the ovary, utilizing mice genetically deficient in GM-CSF...
- Randomized phase III study comparing conventional-dose doxorubicin plus ifosfamide versus high-dose doxorubicin plus ifosfamide plus recombinant human granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor in advanced soft tissue sarcomas: A trial of the EuropeA Le Cesne
Institut Gustave Roussy, Villejuif, London, United Kingdom
J Clin Oncol 18:2676-84. 2000..This randomized multicenter study was designed to compare the activity of a high-dose doxorubicin-containing chemotherapy regimen with a conventional standard-dose regimen in adult patients with advanced soft tissue sarcomas (ASTS)...
- Plasma profiles of circulating granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor and soluble cellular adhesion molecules in acute myocardial infarction. Contribution to post-infarction left ventricular dysfunctionJohn T Parissis
First Department of Cardiology, Amalia Fleming Hospital, Athens Greece
Eur Cytokine Netw 15:139-44. 2004No in vivo data exist about the relationship of circulating granulocyte-macrophage colony stimulating factor (GM-CSF) and soluble adhesion molecules ICAM-1 and VCAM-1 (sICAM-1 and sVCAM-1) to the severity of acute myocardial infarction (..
- Murine nucleus pulposus-derived cells secrete interleukins-1-beta, -6, and -10 and granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor in cell cultureN Rand
Vanderbilt University Spine Center, Nashville, Tennessee 37232 2550, USA
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 22:2598-601; discussion 2602. 1997..This finding supports the hypothesis that disc-derived cells are capable of initiating or amplifying an inflammatory process...
- Phase I trial of a novel diphtheria toxin/granulocyte macrophage colony-stimulating factor fusion protein (DT388GMCSF) for refractory or relapsed acute myeloid leukemiaArthur E Frankel
Wake Forest University Baptist Medical Center, Winston Salem, North Carolina 27157, USA
Clin Cancer Res 8:1004-13. 2002..We tested the safety and efficacy of a diphtheria fusion protein [diphtheria toxin (DT)388 granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor (GMCSF)] directed against the GMCSF receptor that is strongly expressed by leukemic blasts.
- Chemotherapy, irradiation, and surgery for function-preserving therapy of primary extremity soft tissue sarcomas: initial treatment with ifosfamide, mitomycin, doxorubicin, and cisplatin plus granulocyte macrophage-colony-stimulating factorJohn H Edmonson
Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
Cancer 94:786-92. 2002..This single-institution Phase II study describes an effort to control metastasis by the use of two cycles of chemotherapy as the initial preoperative treatment...
- Comparison of granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor and sucralfate mouthwashes in the prevention of radiation-induced mucositis: a double-blind prospective randomized phase III studyKauko Saarilahti
Department of Oncology, Helsinki University Central Hospital, Helsinki, Finland
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 54:479-85. 2002To compare granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor (GM-CSF) mouthwashes with sucralfate mouthwashes in the prevention of radiation-induced mucositis.
- Granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor increases L-arginine transport through the induction of CAT2 in bone marrow-derived macrophagesLorena Martin
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Barcelona, Avenida Diagonal 645, Barcelona E 08028, Spain
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 290:C1364-72. 2006..The granulocyte macrophage colony-stimulating factor (GM-CSF), in addition to inducing proliferation and differentiation of macrophages, activates arginase I, but its action on ..
- Abrogation of the hematological and biological activities of the interleukin-3/granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor fusion protein PIXY321 by neutralizing anti-PIXY321 antibodies in cancer patients receiving high-dose carboplatinL L Miller
Frederick Cancer Research and Development Center, Biological Response Modifiers Program, National Cancer Institute, Frederick, MD, USA
Blood 93:3250-8. 1999..The immunogenicity of this fusion protein provides a cautionary warning that clinical development of bioengineered human molecules requires thorough testing for immune neutralization...
- Cancer cells engineered to secrete granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor using ex vivo gene transfer as vaccines for the treatment of genitourinary malignanciesW G Nelson
Johns Hopkins Oncology Center, Baltimore, MD 21231, USA
Cancer Chemother Pharmacol 46:S67-72. 2000..as vaccines, cancer cells engineered to secrete high levels of granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor (GM-CSF) by gene transfer elicit potent anticancer immune responses in a variety of animal tumor models...
- In vitro and in vivo activity of human recombinant granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor in dogsP Mayer
Sandoz Forschungsinstitut, Vienna, Austria
Exp Hematol 18:1026-33. 1990Although it is well documented that human granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor (GM-CSF) controls the production and functional activity of human and nonhuman primate granulocytes and macrophages, relatively little is known ..
- Chemotherapy for acute myelogenous leukemia in the elderly with cytarabine, mitoxantrone, and granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factorM Kalaycio
Department of Hematology and Medical Oncology, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Ohio 44195, USA
Am J Clin Oncol 24:58-63. 2001..population with perhaps less toxicity when combined with granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor (GM-CSF)...
- Binding properties and proliferative effects of human recombinant granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor in primary leukemia and lymphomaY F Piao
Third Department of Internal Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, University of Tokyo
Jpn J Cancer Res 80:887-94. 1989Binding of radiolabeled human granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor (GM-CSF) was studied with blast cells from eight patients with acute myeloblastic leukemia (AML), and neoplastic lymphoid cells from one patient with acute ..
- Effect of thyroid hormones and other iodinated compounds on the transition of monocytes into veiled/dendritic cells: role of granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor, tumour-necrosis factor-alpha and interleukin-6P Mooij
Department of Immunology, Erasmus University, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
J Endocrinol 140:503-12. 1994..induced by T3 and T4 was dependent on the production of granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor (GM-CSF), tumour necrosis factor-alpha (TNF alpha) and interleukin-6 (IL-6) in the culture, since the addition of ..
- Hematopoietic growth factors in patients receiving intensive chemotherapy for malignant disorders: studies of granulocyte-colony stimulating factor (G-CSF), granulocyte-macrophage colony stimulating factor (GM-CSF), interleukin-3 (IL-3) and Flt-3 ligand (O Bruserud
Department of Medicine, Haukeland University Hospital and the University of Bergen, N 5021 Bergen, Norway
Eur Cytokine Netw 12:231-8. 2001..Firstly, serum levels of granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor (GM-CSF), G-CSF and Flt3-ligand (Flt3L) were examined in acute leukemia patients with treatment-induced cytopenia and ..
- Flt3 ligand synergizes with granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor or granulocyte colony-stimulating factor to mobilize hematopoietic progenitor cells into the peripheral blood of miceK Brasel
Department of Immunobiology, Immunex Corporation, Seattle, WA 98101, USA
Blood 90:3781-8. 1997..human flt3 ligand (FL), alone and in combination with granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor (GM-CSF ) or granulocyte colony-stimulating factor (G-CSF ), to mobilize colony forming cells (CFU) into the peripheral ..
- Expression cloning of the human IL-3 receptor cDNA reveals a shared beta subunit for the human IL-3 and GM-CSF receptorsT Kitamura
Department of Molecular Biology, DNAX Research Institute of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Palo Alto, California 94304
Cell 66:1165-74. 1991..was coexpressed with the cDNA for the beta subunit of human granulocyte/macrophage colony-stimulating factor (GM-CSF) receptor (hGMR beta) in COS7 cells and screened by binding of 125I-labeled IL-3...
- Single proline substitutions in predicted alpha-helices of murine granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor result in a loss in bioactivity and altered glycosylationS W Altmann
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia 19104
J Biol Chem 266:5333-41. 1991....
- Formation of lipoxins and leukotrienes during receptor-mediated interactions of human platelets and recombinant human granulocyte/macrophage colony-stimulating factor-primed neutrophilsS Fiore
Hematology Division, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts 02115
J Exp Med 172:1451-7. 1990..Moreover, they indicate that PMN-platelet interactions utilize bidirectional transcellular routes to contribute to lipoxin formation...
- Biologically active recombinant rat granulocyte macrophage colony-stimulating factor produced in Escherichia coliE W Holowachuk
Research Institute, Mary Imogene Bassett Hospital, Cooperstown, New York 13326, USA
Protein Expr Purif 6:588-96. 1995Rat granulocyte macrophage colony-stimulating factor (rGM-CSF) cDNA was amplified and cloned, and recombinant-rGM-CSF (R-rGM-CSF) was expressed and isolated from Escherichia coli...
- Identification of a common developmental pathway for thymic natural killer cells and dendritic cellsC Marquez
Centro de Biologia Molecular Severo Ochoa, Universidad Autonoma de Madrid, Madrid, Spain
Blood 91:2760-71. 1998..These data provide evidence of linked pathways of NK cell and DC development from intrathymic precursors and suggest that NK cells and DCs branch off the T lineage through a common intermediate progenitor...
- The zinc finger protein A20 inhibits TNF-induced NF-kappaB-dependent gene expression by interfering with an RIP- or TRAF2-mediated transactivation signal and directly binds to a novel NF-kappaB-inhibiting protein ABINK Heyninck
Department of Molecular Biology, Flanders Interuniversity Institute for Biotechnology, University of Ghent, B 9000 Ghent, Belgium
J Cell Biol 145:1471-82. 1999....
- Mitogen and substrate differentially affect the lineage restriction of adult rat subventricular zone neural precursor cell populationsS R Whittemore
The Miami Project, University of Miami School of Medicine, Miami, Florida 33136, USA
Exp Cell Res 252:75-95. 1999..SVZ neural precursor cells could not be generated with platelet-derived growth factor (PDGF), granulocyte macrophage colony stimulating factor, stem cell factor, heparin-binding epidermal growth factor (HB-EGF), granulocyte colony ..
- Generation of murine dendritic cells from flt3-ligand-supplemented bone marrow culturesK Brasel
Departments of Immunobiology and Discovery Research, Immunex Corporation, Seattle, WA 98101, USA
Blood 96:3029-39. 2000..DCs from bone marrow (BM) precursors in vitro typically employ granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor (GM-CSF) as the principal growth factor, and the resultant DCs exhibit a myeloidlike phenotype...
- Hematopoietic expression of HOXB4 is regulated in normal and leukemic stem cells through transcriptional activation of the HOXB4 promoter by upstream stimulating factor (USF)-1 and USF-2D M Giannola
Department of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
J Exp Med 192:1479-90. 2000..Thus hematopoietic expression of the human HOXB4 gene is regulated by the binding of USF-1 and USF-2, and this process may be favored by cytokines promoting stem cell self-renewal versus differentiation...
- The Role of Decidual Innate Immunity in the Pathogenesis of PreeclampsiaSe Te Joseph Huang; Fiscal Year: 2012..TNF-1) and interleukin-1 beta (IL-12), profoundly enhanced expression of macrophage-colony stimulating factor (M-CSF), granulocyte- macrophage-colony stimulating factor (GM-CSF), which activate immature MFs and DCs to mature MFs and ..
- Antibody cytokine fusion proteins against Cryptococcus neoformansDAVID OWEN BEENHOUWER; Fiscal Year: 2012..genetically fused to either interleukin-2 (IL-2), granulocyte- macrophage colony stimulating factor (GM-CSF) or IL-12 will be produced recombinantly. Fusion proteins will be characterized for binding to C...
- Surgery and the Mechanisms of Lymph Node Metastases in Cutaneous MelanomaRichard Essner; Fiscal Year: 2011..through a single preoperative peritumoral injection of granulocyte-macrophage colony stimulating factor (rhGM-CSF)...
- Bogoljub Ciric; Fiscal Year: 2014DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor (GM-CSF) has been studied for over forty years, and is among the most extensively researched cytokines...
- The Contribution of Chronic Inflammation to Pulmonary AdenocarcinomaMICHAEL LAWRENCE DOUGAN; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Roles of GM-CSF in Energy and Glucose RegulationRandy J Seeley; Fiscal Year: 2010..that parallels at least some of these actions of leptin: Granulocyte Macrophage-Colony Stimulating Factor (GM-CSF)...
- Therapeutic vaccines for treatment of experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis (Mark D Mannie; Fiscal Year: 2011..Specific Aim 2 will focus on mechanisms of TTV action in EAE. Two subaims will address mechanisms by which GMCSF-based and IFN-beta-based TTVs regulate EAE in B6 mice...
- GM-CSF Regulation of Zinc in HistoplasmosisGeorge S Deepe; Fiscal Year: 2012..our studies indicate that activation of macrophages by granulocyte macrophage colony-stimulating factor (GM-CSF) sharply limits intracellular zinc content in response to infection with Hc...
- IMMUNOPHYSIOLOGY OF KERATINOCYTE CYTOKINESThomas Kupper; Fiscal Year: 1991..to cytokines produced by immune cells (Interleukin 1 (IL-1), Interleukin 3 (IL-3), and granulocyte macrophage colony stimulating factor (GM-CSF))...
- INTESTINAL IMMUNE SYSTEM IN HOST-ENVIRONMENT INTERACTIONMARTIN FREDERICK KAGNOFF; Fiscal Year: 2013..The research projects are supported by four Cores: a Mouse Model Core, a Histopathology Core, an Imaging and Cell Sorting Core and an Administrative Core. ..
- Mark W Hall; Fiscal Year: 2015..of this study is to demonstrate that treatment with the drug granulocyte- macrophage colony-stimulating factor (GM-CSF) can reduce the incidence of nosocomial infection in high-risk, critically injured children...
- Sattva S Neelapu; Fiscal Year: 2014..hemocyanin, KLH) and administered together with an adjuvant (granulocyte-macrophage colony stimulating factor, GM-CSF) to patients with advanced stage, previously untreated follicular lymphoma (FL), in complete remission following ..
- Macrophage-based Human Gene Therapy for Hereditary PAPBruce C Trapnell; Fiscal Year: 2012..Recognizing increased serum GM-CSF as a disease biomarker, the applicant identified a cohort of affected individuals and defined the pathogenesis, ..
- A Proof of Concept Study Examining The Safety and Efficacy of Innate Immune SysteTed T Ashburn; Fiscal Year: 2013..stimulator, recombinant human, granulocyte-macrophage colony stimulating factor (rhu GM-CSF), specifically sargramostim (Leukine) at its currently approved dose, meets the criteria for more comprehensive clinical testing to ..
- Aberrant Monocytic Differentiation Induced by Gain-of-Function Shp2 MutantsRebecca J Chan; Fiscal Year: 2010..phenotype of hematopoietic progenitor hypersensitivity to granulocyte-macrophage colony- stimulating factor (GM-CSF)...
- KRISTIN C GREATHOUSE; Fiscal Year: 2014..is also preliminary evidence that the immunostimulating agent granulocyte-macrophage colony stimulating factor (GM-CSF) can improve TNF? production capacity in leukocytes from whole blood of the critically ill...
- PETER J HEINZELMAN; Fiscal Year: 2014..directed evolution to engineer blood brain barrier (BBB)-traversing granulocyte colony-stimulating factor (G-CSF) variants that substantially augment cognitive performance improvements observed in Alzheimer's Disease (AD) ..
- IN-VITRO AND IN-VIVO EFFECTS OF GM-CSF ON ADULT ANLLCamille Abboud; Fiscal Year: 1992..with the planned ECOG phase III study (EST 1490) of granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor (GM-CSF) in adult patients (55-70 years) with acute non-lymphocytic leukemia (ANLL)...
- USE OF ERYTHROPOIETIN--A SURVEY OF ASCO AND ASHCharles Bennett; Fiscal Year: 1999..colony stimulating factors (CSFs) G-CSF and GM-CSF (granulocyte colony stimulating factor and granulocyte macrophage colony stimulating factor) apply directly to erythropoietin...
- GM-CSF analogs for treating acute radiation syndromeGEORGE NORBERT COX; Fiscal Year: 2010..Granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor (GM-CSF) is a 14 kDa cytokine that stimulates bone marrow cells to divide and differentiate into neutrophils and ..
- Robert Paine; Fiscal Year: 2016..Granulocyte-macrophage colony stimulating factor (GM-CSF) is an endogenous pulmonary cytokine produced by normal AEC that has emerged as a key defender of the lung...
- Y Joseph Woo; Fiscal Year: 2016..infarction and ventricular remodeling, bone marrow production of EPCs will be stimulated with granulocyte macrophage colony stimulating factor (GMCSF)...
- Saurabh Chatterjee; Fiscal Year: 2014..In Aim 2, 1 shall examine how initial lipid peroxidation, interferon-gamma (IFN-y) and granulocyte macrophage colony stimulating factor (GMCSF) lead to activation of macrophages and contribute to the second wave of generation of ..
- PETER RICHARD WILLIAMSON; Fiscal Year: 2015..including deficiencies in specific IgG subtypes and the presence of auto-antibodies to granulocyte macrophage colony stimulating factor (GM CSF)...
- Phase II study: Mobilization of progenitor cells in peripheral arterial diseaseArshed A Quyyumi; Fiscal Year: 2010..In a Phase I study, we investigated mobilization of reparative bone marrow cells using granulocyte macrophage colony stimulating factor (GM-CSF) in patients with ischemic claudication...
- Emory Alcohol and Lung Biology CenterDAVID MARSHALL GUIDOT; Fiscal Year: 2013..stress promotes a shift in the signaling balance between granulocyte//macrophage colony-stimulating factor (GM-CSF) and transforming growth factor p-, (TGFp-,) to one that favors the proinjurious influences of TGFfa over the ..
- Harriet L Robinson; Fiscal Year: 2014..To augment vaccine potency, Granulocyte-Macrophage Colony Stimulating Factor (GM-CSF) is co-expressed as an adjuvant with VLPs by the DNA prime (DNAGM)...
- Steven L Bernstein; Fiscal Year: 2016....
- Spin Probes in Semipermeable Nanospheres: EPR spectroscopy & imaging of tumor pHVALERY KHRAMTSOV; Fiscal Year: 2009..better understanding of the observed anti-tumor activity of Granulocyte Macrophage Colony-Stimulating Factor (GM-CSF), a therapeutic approach which is currently of much interest...
- Adjuvant-containing chimeric virus-like particles as improved influenza vaccinesFU SHI contact QUAN; Fiscal Year: 2010..Granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor (GM-CSF) is known to increase the immunogenicity of various co-administered antigens and is considered as an adjuvant ..
- Jing Zhang; Fiscal Year: 2015..In addition, similar to what occurs in patients with CMML, aberrant GM-CSF (granulocyte-macrophage colony stimulating factor) signaling is a signature of our model, primarily regulating ..
- CHARLES B GOODWIN; Fiscal Year: 2014..proliferation of myelomonocytic cells and hypersensitivity to granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor (GM-CSF)...
- Subra Kugathasan; Fiscal Year: 2016..Granulocyte-Macrophage Colony Stimulating Factor (GM-CSF) is required for priming of neutrophil antimicrobial function, and bioinformatic analysis of genomic studies has ..
- Mark D Mannie; Fiscal Year: 2015..the focus of the proposed research;interferon (IFN)-beta-NAg and granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor (GMCSF)-NAg...
- George S Deepe; Fiscal Year: 2016..our studies have identified a novel activity of the cytokine granulocyte macrophage colony-stimulating factor (GM-CSF)...
- C-FES PROTEIN-TYROSINE KINASE IN MYELOID DIFFERENTIATIONRobert Glazer; Fiscal Year: 1993..of cytokines which influence myeloid differentiation, such as granulocyte/macrophage colony-stimulating factor (GM-CSF), in the regulation of transcription of c-fes and in the expression of the protein-tyrosine kinase activity of P93c-..
- 1,25 DIHYDROXY VITAMIN D3 AND CELLULAR IMMUNITYStavros Manolagas; Fiscal Year: 1991..Interleukin-2 (IL-2); delta- Interferon (delta-IFN) and the granulocyte-macrophage colony stimulating factor (GM-CSF). The cellular requirements, the molecular and the relevance of these phenomena to health or disease remain unclear...
- GROWTH AND DIFFERENTIATION OF HUMAN MAST CELLSROBERT BRESSLER; Fiscal Year: 1993..effects of human rIL-3 alone and in combination with human granulocyte macrophage colony-stimulating factor (rGM-CSF) on the growth of HCGC from normal and SM bone marrow and analyze HCGC in these cultures for characteristics of ..
- Quercetin Treatment of Airway InflammationMARC HERSHENSON; Fiscal Year: 2006..of inter- leukin (IL)-8, a neutrophil chemoattractant, and granulocyte macrophage-colony stimulating factor (GM- CSF), an eosinophil chemoattractant, in response to pro-inflammatory stimuli...
- GM-CSF is required for macrophage surfactant catabolismTracey Bonfield; Fiscal Year: 2006..The granulocyte macrophage-colony stimulating factor (GM-CSF) knockout mouse develops a PAP like syndrome, which can be resolved by pulmonary expression of GM-CSF...
- STRUCTURE/FUNCTION OF THE SOLUBLE GM-CSF RECEPTORMARIBETH RAINES; Fiscal Year: 1999Granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor (GM-CSF) is an important cytokine which stimulates the growth, differentiation, and function of human myeloid cells...
- EOSINOPHIL APOPTOSIS IN ASTHMAGerald Litwack; Fiscal Year: 2001..The cytokines interleukin-3 (IL-3), IL-5, and granulocyte- macrophage colony-stimulating factor (GM-CSF) are important in eosinophil development and activation...
- ROLE OF T LYMPHOCYTE FACTORS IN HEMOPOIESIS 0Michael Prystowsky; Fiscal Year: 1992..active factor that is secreted by T lymphocytes is a granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor (GM-CSF)...
- Targeting protein synthesis in AMLARTHUR FRANKEL; Fiscal Year: 2006..We initially prepared DT388GMCSF by linking DT388 to human granulocyte-macrophage colony stimulating factor (GMCSF). In an ongoing clinical trial in refractory AML patients, remissions have been observed...
- Diphtheria fusion protein therapy of AMLARTHUR FRANKEL; Fiscal Year: 2006..These studies should lead to the design of pivotal phase II clinical trials to determine the role of this therapeutic in AML management. ..
- EFFECT OF PERTUSSIS TOXIN ON HEMOPOIESISPeter Quesenberry; Fiscal Year: 1991..growth of hematopoietic stem cells stimulated by the hematopoietic growth factors, colony stimulating factor-1 (CSF-1), interleukin-3 (IL-3) or granulocyte- macrophage colony stimulating factor (GM-CSF)...
- Combination fusion toxin and cytarabine therapy of AMLARTHUR FRANKEL; Fiscal Year: 2002..translocation domains of diphtheria toxin (DT) fused to human granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor (GM-CSF)...
- GROWTH FACTOR-DEPENDENT NORMAL & LEUKEMIC CELL GROWTHDaniela Santoli; Fiscal Year: 1992..both the lymphocytosis induced by recombinant human (rh) granulocyte- macrophage colony-stimulating factor (GM-CSF) in primates and the in vitro stimulating effects of murine interleukin (IL) 3 (multi- CSF) and GM-CSF on pre-B and ..
- GENETIC REGULATION OF 03-INDUCED INFLAMMATIONW Foster; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- VIRAL EXACERBATIONS OF ASTHMAScherer Sanders; Fiscal Year: 2002..chemotactic and activating cytokines, eotaxin, RANTES, and granulocyte-macrophage colony stimulating factor (GM-CSF) from infected epithelial cells plays a central role in enhancing bronchial eosinophilia, and that this increase in ..
- REGULATION OF MACROPHAGE ACTIVITY: IN VITRO VS IN VIVOMARY THOMASSEN; Fiscal Year: 1993..Granulocyte-macrophage colony stimulating factor (GM-CSF) is currently being evaluated in a clinical trial in patients with cancer at our institution...
- The contribution of heat shock/stress pathways to acute lung injuryJeffrey D Hasday; Fiscal Year: 2010..including the ELR+ CXC chemokines, interleukin (IL)-8, and granulocyte-macrophage colony stimulating factor (GM-CSF) as well as increasing responsiveness to a preformed IL-8 gradient in vivo...
- Enhancement of targeting HIV vaccine to dendritic cellSang Moo Kang; Fiscal Year: 2004..This proposal is designed to test the hypothesis that incorporation of DC growth factors (FL, GM-CSF) or an activator (CD40L) into virus-like particles (VLPs) will lead to enhancement of immune responses by expanding ..
- LONG-ACTING GM-CSF PROTEINS FOR TREATING NEUTROPENIADaniel Doherty; Fiscal Year: 2002..Recombinant human GMCSF had world-wide sales of approximately $100 million during 1997, a 20 percent increase from 1996...
- ACTIVE IMMUNOTHERAPY FOR GLIOBLASTOMAJohn Yu; Fiscal Year: 2004..that vaccination with tumor cells engineered to secrete granulocyte/macrophage-colony stimulating factor (GM-CSF) elicits a cytotoxic T-cell mediated immune response in murine intracranial glioma and metastasis models...
- LONG-ACTING GM-CSF PROTEINS FOR TREATING NEUTROPENIADaniel Doherty; Fiscal Year: 2000Granulocyte-Macrophage Colony Stimulating Factor (GM-CSF) is a cytokine that stimulates proliferation and differentiation of hematopoietic progenitor cells...
- GM-CSF responsiveness in alcohol-mediated lung injuryDavid Guidot; Fiscal Year: 2009..lung are normally regulated within the alveolar space by granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor (GM-CSF)...
- HIV-1 and ethanol-induced alveolar epithelial and macrophage dysfunctionDavid Guidot; Fiscal Year: 2007..or perhaps as a consequence) ethanol ingestion impairs granulocyte/macrophage colony-stimulating factor (GM-CSF) receptor expression and signaling in alveolar epithelial cells and macrophages, and recombinant GM-CSF restores ..
- Activation of Innate Immunity Effector CellsARTHUR BUCHBERG; Fiscal Year: 2007..e. tumor necrosis factor (TNF)-ct, Granulocyte- Macrophage Colony Stimulating Factor (GM-CSF), and the type 2 cytokines interleukin (IL)-5 and IL-13]...
- IN VIVO GENERATED DENDRITIC CELL BASED IMMUNOTHERAPYBarbara Gitlitz; Fiscal Year: 2004..ability to safely generate DC in vivo by the administration of granulocyte macrophage-colony stimulating factor (GM-CSF) plus interleukin 4 (IL-4) in subjects with advanced cancer...
- PEPTIDE BASED VACCINES FOR STAGE IV MELANOMACraig Slingluff; Fiscal Year: 2000..or a vaccine comprising synthetic melanoma peptides plus granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor (GM-CSF)-in-adjuvant...
- Immunoembolization of the Hepatic Artery with (GM-CSF)Takami Sato; Fiscal Year: 2005..liver metastases will be randomized to receive either immunoembolization with GM-CSF or plain embolization without GMCSF. In specific aim (1), we will determine whether immunoembolization with GM-CSF produces clinical benefit...
- GM-CSF THERAPY FOR ALVEOLAR PROTEINOSISMary Jane Thomassen; Fiscal Year: 2003..Granulocyte Macrophage-Colony Stimulating Factor (GM-CSF) deficient mice develop a PAP like syndrome which is corrected by exogenous GM-CSF, suggesting a pivotal role for ..
- Cytokine Dysregulation in GM-CSF AutoimmunityMary Jane Thomassen; Fiscal Year: 2007..disorder characterized by neutralizing autoantibodies to granulocyte-macrophage colony stimulating factor (GMCSF) and severely dysregulated lung surfactant metabolism, the GM-CSh requirement in normal surfactant homeostasis is ..
- ACTIVATED MUTANTS AS PROBES OF GM-CSF RECEPTOR FUNCTIONRICHARD D ANDREA; Fiscal Year: 2003..project aims to investigate the function of the receptors for granulocyte-macrophage colony stimulating factor (GM-CSF), interleukin-3 (IL-3) and interleukin-5 (IL-5)...
- PROTECTIVE ANTIGENS FROM HISTOPLASMA CAPSULATUMGEORGE DEEPE; Fiscal Year: 2007..its durability requires tumor necrosis factor (TNF)-c_ and granulocyte-macrophage colony stimulating factor (GM-CSF) but not interleukins-10 or -12 or interferon-[unreadable]...