Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: glutamyl transpeptidase
Description: gamma-glutamyltransferase 1
Alias: CD224, D22S672, D22S732, GGT, GGT 1, GTG, gamma-glutamyltranspeptidase 1, glutathione hydrolase 1, leukotriene-C4 hydrolase, testicular tissue protein Li 73
Publications344 found, 100 shown here
- [Gamma glutamyl transpeptidase (gammaGTP) in the era of metabolic syndrome]Hirokazu Yokoyama
Health Center, Keio University, 35 Shinanomachi, Shinjyuku ku, Tokyo 160 8582, Japan
Nihon Arukoru Yakubutsu Igakkai Zasshi 42:110-24. 2007Current knowledge on gamma glutamyl transpeptidase (gammaGTP) was reviewed...
- Pooling-based genome-wide association study implicates gamma-glutamyltransferase 1 (GGT1) gene in pancreatic carcinogenesisBrenda Diergaarde
Department of Epidemiology, Graduate School of Public Health, University of Pittsburgh, and University of Pittsburgh Cancer Institute, Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Pancreatology 10:194-200. 2010..Knowledge regarding genetic factors that influence pancreatic cancer risk is currently limited. To identify novel pancreatic cancer susceptibility loci, we conducted a two-stage genome-wide association study...
- Gamma-glutamyl transpeptidase, an ecto-enzyme regulator of intracellular redox potential, is a component of TM4 signal transduction complexesT C Nichols
Department of Medicine, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver 80262, USA
Eur J Immunol 28:4123-9. 1998..One inhibitory mAb (3A8) was found to recognize the ecto-enzyme gamma-glutamyl transpeptidase (GGT), a membrane protein involved in recycling extracellular glutathione and regulating intracellular ..
- Metabolic syndrome is directly associated with gamma glutamyl transpeptidase elevation in Japanese womenHiroshi Sakugawa
First Department of Internal Medicine, University Hospital, Faculty of Medicine, University of the Ryukyus, 207 Uehara, Okinawa 903 0125, Japan
World J Gastroenterol 10:1052-5. 2004This study aimed to determine whether metabolic syndrome is directly or indirectly, through fatty liver, associated with elevated gamma-glutamyl transpeptidase (GGT) levels in Japanese women.
- Association between serum gamma-glutamyltransferase and C-reactive proteinDuk Hee Lee
Department of Preventive Medicine, Division of Preventive Medicine and Health Promotion Research Center, School of Medicine, Kyungpook National University, 101 Dongin dong, Jung Gu, Daegu 700 422, Korea
Atherosclerosis 178:327-30. 2005A series of epidemiological studies have suggested serum gamma glutamyltransferase (GGT) within its normal range might be an early marker of oxidative stress...
- Gamma glutamyl transferase and metabolic syndrome, cardiovascular disease, and mortality risk: the Framingham Heart StudyDouglas S Lee
Institute for Clinical Evaluative Sciences, Division of Cardiology, University Health Network, University of Toronto, Rm G 106, 2075 Bayview Ave, Toronto, Ontario, M4N 3M5 Canada
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 27:127-33. 2007To determine whether serum gamma-glutamyl transferase (GGT) predicts cardiovascular disease (CVD) morbidity and mortality, accounting for temporal changes in known CVD risk factors and C-reactive protein (CRP).
- Can gamma-glutamyltransferase be an additional marker of arterial stiffness?Sang Heon Song
Department of Internal Medicine, Pusan National University Hospital, Ami dong, Seo Gu, Busan, Republic of Korea
Circ J 71:1715-20. 2007It has been recently suggested that gamma-glutamyltransferase (GGT) is independently associated with cardiovascular mortality and atherosclerosis, so the present study evaluated whether GGT is an additional marker of arterial stiffness, ..
- gamma-Glutamyltransferase, obesity, physical activity, and the metabolic syndrome in indigenous Australian adultsMing Li
Division of Health Sciences, University of South Australia, South Australia, Australia
Obesity (Silver Spring) 17:809-13. 2009..the association between obesity, metabolic syndrome, physical activity, and elevated gamma-glutamyltransferase (GGT) among Indigenous Australian adults who did not drink alcohol...
- Cultured human cells release soluble gamma-glutamyltransferase complexes corresponding to the plasma b-GGTMaria Franzini
Scuola Superiore S Anna, Pisa, Italy
Biomarkers 14:486-92. 2009Serum gamma-glutamyltransferase (GGT) is thought to derive from the liver, but its values predict morbidity and mortality for several diseases, such as cardiac infarction, stroke, diabetes, renal failure and cancer...
- Serum gamma-glutamyltransferase is associated with arterial stiffness in healthy individualsChang Hee Jung
Department of Internal Medicine, Asan Medical Center, University of Ulsan College of Medicine, Seoul, Republic of Korea
Clin Endocrinol (Oxf) 75:328-34. 2011Gamma-glutamyltransferase (GGT) has been reported to be useful in predicting cardiovascular disease...
- Loci affecting gamma-glutamyl transferase in adults and adolescents show age × SNP interaction and cardiometabolic disease associationsRita P Middelberg
Queensland Institute of Medical Research, Brisbane, Australia
Hum Mol Genet 21:446-55. 2012Serum gamma-glutamyl transferase (GGT) activity is a marker of liver disease which is also prospectively associated with the risk of all-cause mortality, cardiovascular disease, type 2 diabetes and cancers...
- Fatty liver index, gamma-glutamyltransferase, and early carotid plaquesMichaela Kozakova
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Pisa, Pisa, Italy
Hepatology 55:1406-15. 2012..and FH-CVD, higher blood pressure, plasma low-density lipoprotein cholesterol, glucose, gamma-glutamyltransferase (GGT), and hsCRP, as compared to subjects without plaques (P < 0.05)...
- Levels of the oxidative stress marker γ-glutamyltranspeptidase at different stages of nonalcoholic fatty liver diseaseM Irie
Department of Gastroenterology, Faculty of Medicine, Fukuoka University, Fukuoka, Japan
J Int Med Res 40:924-33. 2012..oxidative stress in the liver, by determining hepatic expression and serum levels of γ-glutamyltranspeptidase (GGT) and 8-hydroxy-2'-deoxyguanosine (8-OHdG) in different stages of nonalcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD), and ..
- Association of serum gamma-glutamyltransferase with arterial stiffness in established coronary artery diseaseCansheng Zhu
Department of Neurology, The Third Affiliated Hospital, Sun Yat Sen University, Guangzhou, China
Angiology 64:15-20. 2013Serum gamma-glutamyltransferase (GGT) has been reported to predict vascular risk. We enrolled 978 patients (507 men and 471 women) with established coronary artery disease (CAD)...
- Serum γ-glutamyl transferase levels, insulin resistance and liver fibrosis in patients with chronic liver diseasesSalvatore Petta
Sezione di Gastroenterologia, DiBiMIS, University of Palermo, Palermo, Italy
PLoS ONE 7:e51165. 2012....
- Association of gamma-glutamyltransferase and risk of cancer incidence in men: a prospective studyAlexander M Strasak
Departments of Medical Statistics, Informatics and Health Economics, Innsbruck Medical University, Austria
Cancer Res 68:3970-7. 2008Although several epidemiologic studies have shown that gamma-glutamyltransferase (GGT) is independently associated with cardiovascular disease and all-cause mortality, its relationship with cancer incidence remains widely unexplored...
- Association between serum gamma-glutamyl transferase level and prehypertension among community-dwelling menRyuichi Kawamoto
Department of Internal Medicine, Nomura Municipal Hospital, Ehime, Japan
Tohoku J Exp Med 216:213-21. 2008Serum gamma-glutamyl transferase (GGT) activity is a general clinical marker of excessive alcohol consumption, and GGT reflects changes in oxidative stress and implicated in the progression of hypertension...
- Gamma-glutamyltransferase and prognosis in patients with stable coronary heart disease followed over 8 yearsL P Breitling
Division of Clinical Epidemiology and Aging Research C070, German Cancer Research Center, Bergheimer Str 20, 69115 Heidelberg, Germany
Atherosclerosis 210:649-55. 2010..Serum gamma-glutamyltransferase (gamma-GT) predicts incident cardiovascular disease and mortality. The present study examined whether gamma-GT also is associated with prognosis in patients with stable coronary heart disease...
- The relationship of gamma-glutamyltransferase to aortic elastic properties in young patients with prehypertensionTurgay Celik
Gulhane Military Medical Academy, School of Medicine, Department of Cardiology, Etlik Ankara, Turkey
Clin Exp Hypertens 32:377-84. 2010Some cross-sectional studies have demonstrated a positive association between serum gamma-glutamyltransferase (GGT) levels and blood pressure...
- Treatment of progressive familial intrahepatic cholestasis: liver transplantation or partial external biliary diversionH Ismail
The Department of Pediatric Surgery and Organ Transplantation, The Children's Memorial Health Institute, Warsaw, Poland
Pediatr Transplant 3:219-24. 1999..In patients before established liver cirrhosis, PEBD should be the first choice of treatment. Patients presenting with cirrhosis or after ineffective PEBD should qualify for OLTx. With this strategy most children with PIFC can be cured...
- Experimental murine schistosomiasis: reduced hepatic morbidity after pre- and/or post-infection treatment with ibuprofen or diclofenac sodiumM M Farag
Department of Pharmacology, Alexandria University, Egypt
Ann Trop Med Parasitol 89:497-504. 1995..was continued after infection, for 28 days, there was an additional significant decrease in hepatic gamma-glutamyl transpeptidase activity...
- Effects of the peroxisome proliferator di(2-ethylhexyl)phthalate on enzymes in rat liver and on carcinogen-induced liver altered foci in comparison to the promoter phenobarbitalH Maruyama
American Health Foundation, Valhalla, New York 10595
Toxicol Pathol 18:257-67. 1990..DEHP increased alkaline phosphatase activity throughout the lobule, but reduced gamma-glutamyltransferase (GGT) activity in periportal hepatocytes. PB, in contrast, increased GGT activity in periportal hepatocytes...
- Gamma-glutamyl transferase expression in higher-grade astrocytic gliomaC Schafer
Department of Neurosurgery, Martin Luther University Halle Wittenberg, Germany
Acta Oncol 40:529-35. 2001Increased expression of gamma-glutamyltransferase (GGT) has been detected in a range of human malignancies and is thought to be involved in neoplastic proliferation and treatment resistance...
- Activation of a ribosomal S6 protein kinase in rapidly emerging diethylnitrosamine-induced gamma-glutamyltranspeptidase-positive hyperplastic liver lesions of the ratR Comolli
Dipartimento di Fisiologia e Biochimica Generali, , Italy
Tumori 75:527-32. 1989The gamma-glutamyl transpeptidase (GGT)-positive hyperplastic liver lesions which developed in the Fisher 344 rat 7 and 60 days following a single carcinogenic dose of diethylnitrosamine (DENA, 200 mg/kg body weight), short-term dietary ..
- Dose-dependent renal tubular toxicity of harman and norharman in male F344 ratsA Hagiwara
First Department of Pathology, Nagoya City University Medical School, Japan
Toxicol Pathol 20:197-204. 1992..NAG, and lactate dehydrogenase, LDH) and sugar levels were increased, and the brush border enzymes (gamma-glutamyl transpeptidase, GGT, and alkaline phosphatase, ALP) decreased...
- [Metabolism and vascular effects of gammaglutamyl L-dopa on the isolated kidney of the rat]A Caillette
, , Lyon, France
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 81:179-82. 1988..This is the consequence of the sequential action of two renal enzymes, gamma-glutamyl transpeptidase (gamma-GT) and aromatic L-amino acid decarboxylase...
- Changes in vitamin E concentration after surgery and anesthesiaJ Zunic
Department of Anesthesiology and Intensive Care, County Hospital Karlovac, Croatia
Coll Antropol 21:327-34. 1997..activities of alanine aminotransferase (ALT), aspartate aminotransferase (AST), gamma glutamyltransferase (GGT) were determined. Statistical analysis: ANOVA, Tukay HSD test...
- The effect of erythritol on the stability of gamma-glutamyl transpeptidase and N-acetyl glucosaminidase in human urineW F Loeb
Ani Lytics Inc, Gaithersburg, Maryland 20877, USA
Toxicol Pathol 25:264-7. 1997..studies and clinical trials of erythritol, treated animals and human subjects had higher urine gamma-glutamyl transpeptidase [gamma-glutamyl transferase (gamma-GT)] than untreated controls...
- Fibrinolytic activity as a predictor of the outcome of prolapsed intervertebral lumbar disc surgery with reference to background variables: results of a prospective cohort studyA K Haaland
, Oslo, Norway
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 17:1022-7. 1992..Background variables and lipid profile were also recorded preoperatively. Body mass index, gamma-glutamyl transpeptidase, triglycerides and smoking were of statistical significance in relation to euglobulin clot lysis time and ..
- Renal cell tumors induced in CBA male mice by 1,2-dimethylhydrazineV S Turusov
Cancer Research Centre, Russian Academy of Medical Sciences, Moscow, Russia
Toxicol Pathol 20:570-5. 1992..Gamma-glutamyl transpeptidase (GGT) was strongly positive in normal proximal convoluted tubules, slightly positive in the cells of ..
- GB virus C (GBV-C) infection in patients with chronic hepatitis C. Influence on liver disease and on hepatitis virus behaviour: effect of interferon alfa therapyJ M Pawlotsky
Department of Bacteriology and Virology, Hopital Henri Mondor, Universite Paris XII, Creteil, France
J Med Virol 54:26-37. 1998..age, gender, source of HCV, estimated duration of HCV infection, alanine aminotransferase and gamma-glutamyl transpeptidase activities, cirrhosis and Knodell's score on liver biopsy, HCV genotype, HCV viral burden and anti-HCV ..
- Sequential functional and morphological alterations during hepatocarcinogenesis induced in rats by feeding of a low dose of 2-acetylaminofluoreneF Stenback
Department of Pathology, University of Oulu, Finland
Toxicol Pathol 22:620-32. 1994..by deficiencies in iron storage (IS-) and collagen production and by expression of gamma-glutamyl transferase (GGT+) and placental-type glutathione transferase (PGT+) activity appeared. Single PGT+ cells were also found...
- Enzymic pattern of preneoplastic and neoplastic lesions induced in the kidney of CBA mice by 1,2-dimethylhydrazineY S Ahn
, Deutsches Krebsforschungszentrum, Heidelberg, Germany
Toxicol Pathol 22:415-22. 1994..malic enzyme (ME), succinate dehydrogenase (SDH), alkaline phosphatase (ALPase) and gamma-glutamyltranspeptidase (GGT). RCTs displayed the same histochemical profile irrespective of their size and growth pattern...
- Intravenous and intrapulmonary administration of honey solution to healthy sheep: effects on blood sugar, renal and liver function tests, bone marrow function, lipid profile, and carbon tetrachloride-induced liver injuryNoori S Al-Waili
Dubai Specialized Medical Center and Medical Research Laboratories, Islamic Establishment for Education, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
J Med Food 6:231-47. 2003..v. infusion of 80 g of honey, and estimations of serum gamma-glutamyl transpeptidase (SGGT), serum glutamic oxaloacetic transaminase (SGOT), and serum glutamate pyruvate transaminase (SGPT) ..
- [Activity of gamma-glutamyltransferase in blood of smoking and non-smoking smelters]Halina Milnerowicz
Zakład Biomedycznych Analiz Srodowiskowych, Wydział Farmaceutyczny, Akademia Medyczna, Wrocław
Przegl Lek 67:910-3. 2010..of liver damage useful are the methods which determine the activity of enzymes such as gamma-glutamyl-transferase (GGT). GGT is present in the liver and bile duct. In the serum is mainly from hepatic...
- Critical parameters in the quantitation of the stages of initiation, promotion, and progression in one model of hepatocarcinogenesis in the ratH C Pitot
McArdle Laboratory for Cancer Research Medical School, University of Wisconsin, Madison 53706
Toxicol Pathol 17:594-611; discussion 611-2. 1989..The relative effectiveness of four different markers--gamma-glutamyltranspeptidase (GGT), a placental form of glutathione S-transferase (GST), canalicular ATPase, and glucose 6-phosphatase (G6Pase)--was ..
- Indices of urine N-acetyl-beta-D-glucosaminidase and gamma-glutamyl transpeptidase activities in clinically normal adult dogsJill D Brunker
Department of Veterinary Clinical Sciences, Center for Veterinary Health Sciences, Oklahoma State University, Stillwater, OK 74078, USA
Am J Vet Res 70:297-301. 2009To establish reference ranges for indices of urine N-acetyl-B-D-glucosaminidase (NAG) and gamma-glutamyl transpeptidase (GGT) activities in clinically normal adult dogs.
- A new splicing site mutation of the ABCB4 gene in intrahepatic cholestasis of pregnancy with raised serum gamma-GTD Tavian
Laboratory of Human Molecular Biology and Genetics, Catholic University of the Sacred Heart, Milan, Italy
Dig Liver Dis 41:671-5. 2009..In a subgroup of women, the serum gamma-glutamyl transpeptidase level is also increased...
- Pulmonary inflammation induced by a recombinant Brugia malayi gamma-glutamyl transpeptidase homolog: involvement of humoral autoimmune responsesA S Gounni
Meakins Christie Laboratories, McGill University, Montreal, Canada
Mol Med 7:344-54. 2001..TPE) has recently been cloned and identified as the homolog of the membrane-bound mammalian enzyme gamma-glutamyl transpeptidase (gamma-GT)...
- Role for recombinant gamma-glutamyltransferase from Treponema denticola in glutathione metabolismLianrui Chu
Department of Orthodontics, University of Texas Health Science Center, San Antonio, Texas 78229, USA
Infect Immun 71:335-42. 2003..In this pathway, gamma-glutamyltransferase (GGT) has been proposed to catalyze the first step of glutathione degradation. We have cloned the gene of GGT from T...
- Effect of aurothioglucose on glutathione and glutathione-metabolizing and related enzymes in rat liver and kidneyC J Dillard
Department of Food Science and Technology, University of California, Davis 95616
Chem Biol Interact 64:103-14. 1987..The enzymes measured were GSH peroxidase, GSSG reductase, gamma-glutamyl transpeptidase, gamma-glutamylcysteine synthetase, GSH S-transferase, GSH thiotransferase, glucose-6-phosphate ..
- Influence of bromfenvinphos alone, and in mixture with methoxychlor, on levels of gamma-glutamyl transpeptidase, ceruloplasmin and cholesterol in the blood plasma of laboratory miceK I Zaleska-Freljan
Department of Vertebrate Animal Physiology, University of Warsaw, Poland
Pol J Pharmacol 45:309-16. 1993..The activity of gamma-glutamyl transpeptidase (GGTP), ceruloplasmin (CRP), and cholesterol in the blood plasma were determined...
- Treatment with anti-gamma-glutamyl transpeptidase antibody attenuates osteolysis in collagen-induced arthritis miceYasuyuki Ishizuka
Applied Cell Biotechnologies, Yokohama, Kanagawa, Japan
J Bone Miner Res 22:1933-42. 2007The effectiveness of a new antibody treatment on arthritis-associated osteolysis was studied by using CIA mice. GGT, a newly identified bone-resorbing factor, was upregulated in arthritic joints...
- gamma-Glutamyl transpeptidase in the yeast Saccharomyces cerevisiae and its role in the vacuolar transport and metabolism of glutathioneK Mehdi
Universite Libre de Bruxelles, Laboratoire de Physiologie et d Ecologie Microbiennes, Institut Pasteur de Bruxelles, 642 Rue Engeland, B 1180 Brussels, Belgium
Biochem J 359:631-7. 2001In the yeast Saccharomyces cerevisiae, the enzyme gamma-glutamyl transpeptidase (gamma-GT; EC 220.127.116.11) is a glycoprotein that is bound to the vacuolar membrane...
- [Clinical impact of gamma-glutamyl transpeptidase messenger RNA subtypes on early diagnosis of hepatocellular carcinoma]Guo Qing Han
Shandong Provincial Hospital, Jinan 250021, P R China
Ai Zheng 21:192-5. 2002It has been reported that hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) expresses gamma-glutamyl transpeptidase (GGT) with unique carbohydrate moieties compared with normal liver GGT enzymes, this unique GGT was used as a marker for the diagnosis of ..
- Hepatic technetium-99m-mebrofenin iminodiacetate scans and serum gamma-glutamyl transpeptidase levels interpreted in series to differentiate between extrahepatic biliary atresia and neonatal hepatitisN K Arora
Department of Pediatrics, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi
Acta Paediatr 90:975-81. 2001Hepatic technetium-99m-mebrofenin iminodiacetate (99mTc-mebrofenin IDA) scans and serum gamma-glutamyl transpeptidase (GGTP) have high sensitivity for extrahepatic biliary atresia (EHBA)...
- Joint effects of coffee consumption and serum gamma-glutamyltransferase on the risk of liver cancerGang Hu
Department of Public Health, University of Helsinki, Helsinki, Finland
Hepatology 48:129-36. 2008..No prospective studies on the association between serum gamma-glutamyltransferase (GGT) and liver cancer risk have been reported...
- [The association of central obesity with type 2 diabetes among Koreans according to the serum gamma-glutamyltransferase level: Korean genome and epidemiology study]Ji Yeon Shin
Department of Preventive Medicine, Kyungpook National University School of Medicine, Korea
J Prev Med Public Health 42:386-91. 2009This cross-sectional study was performed to examine if the serum gamma-glutamyltransferase (GGT) level that is within its normal range is associated with the risk of type 2 diabetes and if the association between the waist hip ratio (WHR)..
- Dissimilarity in aflatoxin dose-response relationships between DNA adduct formation and development of preneoplastic foci in rat liverM Root
Biomar International, Inc, Chapel Hill, NC 27514, USA
Chem Biol Interact 106:213-27. 1997..Earlier work also showed that after ten daily doses the AFB dose-response relationship with gamma-glutamyl transpeptidase (GGT) positive preneoplastic foci measured at 3 months was sublinear, with a threshold at a dose of about ..
- Nonlinear free energy relationship in the general-acid-catalyzed acylation of rat kidney gamma-glutamyl transpeptidase by a series of gamma-glutamyl anilide substrate analoguesA Menard
Departement de Chimie, Universite de Montreal, C P 6128, Succursale Centre Ville, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H3C 3J7
Biochemistry 40:12678-85. 2001The gamma-glutamyl transpeptidase (GGT) purified from rat kidney reacts with a series of eight parasubstituted L-glutamyl gamma-anilides, in the presence of Gly-Gly, catalyzing the formation of gamma-Glu-Gly-Gly (pH 8.0, 37 degrees C)...
- Serum gamma-glutamyltransferase activity is increased in patients with calcific aortic valve stenosisHuseyin Bozbas
Baskent University, Faculty of Medicine, Department of Cardiology, Ankara, Turkey
J Heart Valve Dis 17:371-5. 2008A growing body of data indicates an independent association between serum gamma-glutamyltransferase (GGT) activity, a marker of increased oxidative stress, and cardiovascular diseases...
- The gamma-glutamyl transpeptidase inhibitor acivicin preserves glutathione released by astroglial cells in cultureR Dringen
Physiologisch chemisches Institut der Universität, Tubingen
Neurochem Res 22:727-33. 1997..of the glutathione concentration in the incubation medium was found if the astroglial ectoenzyme gamma-glutamyl transpeptidase was inhibited by acivicin...
- Structure of the 5' sequences of the human gamma-glutamyltransferase geneA Visvikis
Centre du Medicament, EA 3117, Faculté de Pharmacie UHP Nancy 1, 30 rue Lionnois, 54000 Nancy, France
Eur J Biochem 268:317-25. 2001In humans, five distinct mRNAs code for gamma-glutamyltransferase (GGT). Their coding regions are identical and their 5' untranslated regions exhibit both common and type-specific sequences...
- Slow-binding inhibition of gamma-glutamyl transpeptidase by gamma-boroGluR L Stein
Department of Chemical Enzymology, DuPont Pharmaceuticals Company, Wilmington, Delaware 19880, USA
Biochemistry 40:5804-11. 2001gamma-Glutamyl transpeptidase (gammaGTase) catalyzes the transfer of the gamma-glutamyl moiety of gamma-glutamyl-derived peptides, such as glutathione (gammaGlu-Cys-Gly), and anilides, such as gamma-glutamyl-7-amido-4-methylcoumarin (..
- Activation of the gamma-glutamyltransferase promoter 2 in the rat colon carcinoma cell line CC531 by histone deacetylase inhibitors is mediated through the Sp1 binding motifIdun Merete Mikkelsen
Department of Medical Biochemistry, Institute of Medical Biology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Tromsø, N 9037 Tromsø, Norway
Biochem Pharmacol 64:307-15. 2002The single-copy gene for rat gamma-glutamyltransferase (GGT) encodes at least seven distinct mRNAs that differ in their 5'-untranslated regions only...
- The -1438A/G polymorphism in the 5-hydroxytryptamine receptor 2A gene is related to hyperuricemia, increased gamma-glutamyl transpeptidase and decreased high-density lipoprotein cholesterol level in the Japanese population: a prospective cohort study overYasushi Suwazono
Department of Occupational and Environmental Medicine A2, Graduate School of Medicine, Chiba University, Chiba 260 8670, Japan
Int J Mol Med 17:77-82. 2006..0 mg/dl, gamma-glutamyl transpeptidase > or =60 IU/l in males and > or =30 IU/l in females...
- Increased serum gamma-glutamyl-transpeptidase concentration is associated with nonalcoholic steatosis and not with cholestasis in patients with chronic hepatitis CFederica Benini
Gastroenterology Unit, Department of Medicine, Spedali Civili and University, Brescia, Italy
J Gastroenterol Hepatol 22:1621-6. 2007..The mechanism involved in this phenomenon is unclear, and the aim of this study was to investigate factors associated with increased gammaGT levels, specifically looking at the role of cholestasis that frequently accompanies hepatitis C...
- A kinetic study of gamma-glutamyltransferase (GGT)-mediated S-nitrosoglutathione catabolismValeria Angeli
National Research Council CNR, Inst for Chemico Physical Processes, Laboratory of Instrumental Analytical Chemistry, Via G Moruzzi 1 56124 Pisa, Italy
Arch Biochem Biophys 481:191-6. 2009..It is known that gamma-glutamyl transpeptidase (GGT) is one of the enzymes involved in the enzyme-mediated decomposition of GSNO, but no kinetics ..
- Relationship between gamma-glutamyl transpeptidase activity and garlic greening, as controlled by temperatureLei Li
College of Food Science and Nutritional Engineering, China Agricultural University, Beijing 100083, China
J Agric Food Chem 56:941-5. 2008..into a tie connected between storage temperature and garlic greening, it was detected if the gamma-glutamyl transpeptidase (GGT) activity correlated with garlic greening because the activity of this enzyme is very sensitive to ..
- Alanine aminotransferase, gamma-glutamyltransferase (GGT) and all-cause mortality: results from a population-based Danish twins study alanine aminotransferase, GGT and mortality in elderly twinsAbigail Fraser
Department of Social Medicine, MRC Centre for Causal Analysis in Translational Epidemiology, University of Bristol, Bristol BS8 2BN, UK
Liver Int 29:1494-9. 2009Alanine aminotransferase (ALT) and gamma-glutamyltransferase (GGT) are widely used markers of liver disease. Several population-based cohort studies have found associations of these liver enzymes with all-cause mortality...
- The Early Detection of Alcohol Consumption (EDAC) test shows better performance than gamma-glutamyltransferase (GGT) to detect heavy drinking in a large population of males and femalesJames Harasymiw
Alcohol Detection Services, Big Bend, WI, USA
Med Sci Monit 13:PI19-24. 2007..the effectiveness of using the Early Detection of Alcohol Consumption (EDAC) test versus gamma-glutamyltransferase (GGT) to screen for heavy drinking in the general population...
- Enhanced gamma-glutamyl transpeptidase expression and selective loss of CuZn superoxide dismutase in hepatic iron overloadK E Brown
Gastroenterology Section, John Cochran VAMC, St Louis University Health Sciences Center, Mo 63110 0250, USA
Free Radic Biol Med 24:545-55. 1998..7-fold), and hydroxyproline (1.5-fold). Total glutathione content was unchanged by iron, but gamma-glutamyl transpeptidase activity (GGT) increased sixfold and CuZn superoxide dismutase (CuZnSOD) activity decreased >9%...
- The gene encoding gamma-glutamyl transpeptidase II in the fission yeast is regulated by oxidative and metabolic stressHyun Jung Kang
Division of Life Sciences, College of Natural Sciences, Kangwon National University, Chuncheon, Korea
J Biochem Mol Biol 38:609-18. 2005gamma-Glutamyl transpeptidase (GGT, EC 18.104.22.168.) catalyzes the transfer of the gamma-glutamyl moiety from gamma-glutamylcontaining compounds, notably glutathione (GSH), to acceptor amino acids and peptides...
- High prevalence of elevated liver enzymes in blood donors: associations with male gender and central adiposityGeorge V Papatheodoridis
Hellenic Foundation for Gastroenterology and Nutrition, Athens, Greece
Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol 19:281-7. 2007....
- Relationship between gamma-glutamyltransferase, lipids and lipoprotein(a) in the general populationGiuseppe Lippi
Sezione di Chimica Clinica, Dipartimento di Scienze Morfologico Biomediche, Universita degli Studi di Verona, Italy
Clin Chim Acta 384:163-6. 2007..epidemiological studies have shown a convincing association between increased gamma-glutamyltransferase (GGT) activity and components of the metabolic syndrome, type 2 diabetes, hypertension, ischaemic stroke and myocardial ..
- Mechanistic study of BNP7787-mediated cisplatin nephroprotection: modulation of gamma-glutamyl transpeptidaseFrederick H Hausheer
BioNumerik Pharmaceuticals, Inc, 8122 Datapoint Drive, Suite 1250, San Antonio, TX 78229, USA
Cancer Chemother Pharmacol 65:941-51. 2010..to the potential prevention of cisplatin-induced nephrotoxicity involves the inhibition of gamma-glutamyl transpeptidase (GGT) activity, mediated by BNP7787-derived mesna-disulfide heteroconjugates that contain a terminal ..
- Relationship between alcohol drinking and aspartate aminotransferase:alanine aminotransferase (AST:ALT) ratio, mean corpuscular volume (MCV), gamma-glutamyl transpeptidase (GGT), and apolipoprotein A1 and B in the U.S. populationSuthat Liangpunsakul
Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Department of Medicine, and Clarian Digestive Disease Center, Indiana University School of Medicine, and Roudebush Veterans Administration Medical Center, Indianapolis, Indiana 46202 5124, USA
J Stud Alcohol Drugs 71:249-52. 2010..Several blood tests, such as those testing for gamma-glutamyl transpeptidase (GGT) or mean corpuscular volume (MCV), are among the commonly used markers to identify very heavy ..
- Prospective study of the association of serum gamma-glutamyltransferase with cervical intraepithelial neoplasia III and invasive cervical cancerAlexander M Strasak
Departments of Medical Statistics, Innsbruck Medical University, Innsbruck, Austria
Cancer Res 70:3586-93. 2010Epidemiologic studies indicate that elevated levels of gamma-glutamyltransferase (GGT), a key enzyme of glutathione metabolism, might be associated with increased cancer risk...
- Expression of gamma-glutamyl transpeptidase in midgestation mouse yolk sac and mouse visceral yolk sac carcinoma cellsA R Sepulveda
Department of Pathology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Exp Cell Res 219:494-8. 1995gamma-Glutamyl transpeptidase (gamma GT) is a crucial enzyme for the metabolism of xenobiotics and endogenous mediators of biological functions (leukotrienes, prostaglandins, and hepoxillins)...
- Biochemical characteristics of gamma-glutamyl transpeptidase in capillaries from entorhinohippocampal complex of quinolinate-lesioned rat brainF Stastny
Department of Molecular Neurobiology, Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic, Prague, Czech Republic
Mol Chem Neuropathol 32:143-61. 1997..Using changes in the activity of membrane-bound gamma-glutamyl transpeptidase (GGT) as a marker of cell damage, we found a significant decrease of this enzyme activity, which was ..
- gamma -glutamyltransferase and its isoform mediate an endoplasmic reticulum stress responseM Joyce-Brady
Pulmonary Center, Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, Massachusetts 02118, USA
J Biol Chem 276:9468-77. 2001Although use of multiple alternative first exons generates unique noncoding 5'-ends for gamma-glutamyltransferase (GGT) cDNAs in several species, we show here that alternative splicing events also alter coding exons in mouse GGT to ..
- Development and evaluation of a boronate inhibitor of gamma-glutamyl transpeptidaseR E London
Laboratory of Structural Biology, National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences, Research Triangle Park, North Carolina 27709, USA
Arch Biochem Biophys 385:250-8. 2001Gamma-glutamyl transpeptidase (gamma-GT) plays a central role in the metabolism of glutathione and is also a marker for neoplasia and cell transformation...
- Gamma-glutamyl transpeptidase-deficient mice are resistant to the nephrotoxic effects of cisplatinM H Hanigan
Department of Cell Biology, University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, USA
Am J Pathol 159:1889-94. 2001..cisplatin to glutathione and the subsequent metabolism of the cisplatin-glutathione complex via a gamma-glutamyl transpeptidase (GGT)-dependent pathway in the proximal tubules...
- Characterization and regulation of the gamma-glutamyl transpeptidase gene from the fission yeast Schizosaccharomyces pombeHey Jung Park
Division of Life Sciences, Kangwon National University, College of Natural Sciences, Chuncheon, Korea
Can J Microbiol 50:61-6. 2004The structural gene for the putative gamma-glutamyl transpeptidase (GGT) was isolated from the chromosomal DNA of the fission yeast Schizosaccharomyces pombe...
- Characterization of a second gene encoding gamma-glutamyl transpeptidase from Schizosaccharomyces pombeHey Jung Park
Division of Life Sciences, Kangwon National University, Chuncheon, Korea
Can J Microbiol 51:269-75. 2005The first gene encoding gamma-glutamyl transpeptidase (GGTI) of the fission yeast has previously been characterized, and its expression was found to be regulated by various oxidative stress-inducing agents...
- 4-Hydroxynonenal induces rat gamma-glutamyl transpeptidase through mitogen-activated protein kinase-mediated electrophile response element/nuclear factor erythroid 2-related factor 2 signalingHongqiao Zhang
Department of Environmental Health Science, School of Public Health, University of Alabama at Birmingham, USA
Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol 34:174-81. 2006Gamma-glutamyl transpeptidase (GGT) plays critical roles in glutathione homeostasis and metabolism...
- The effect of modulation of gamma-glutamyl transpeptidase and nitric oxide synthase activity on GSH homeostasis in HepG2 cellsInga Kwiecień
Medical Biochemistry Department, Collegium Medium, Jagiellonian University, Krakow, Poland
Fundam Clin Pharmacol 21:95-103. 2007High glutathione (GSH) level and elevated gamma-glutamyl transpeptidase (gammaGT) activity are hallmarks of tumor cells. Toxicity of drugs and radiation to the cells is largely dependent on the level of thiols...
- A gamma-glutamyl transpeptidase-independent pathway of glutathione catabolism to glutamate via 5-oxoproline in ArabidopsisNaoko Ohkama-Ohtsu
Department of Genetics, Development, and Cell Biology, Iowa State University, Ames, Iowa 50011, USA
Plant Physiol 148:1603-13. 2008..metabolized through the gamma-glutamyl cycle, where GSH is degraded by the sequential reaction of gamma-glutamyl transpeptidase (GGT), gamma-glutamyl cyclotransferase, and 5-oxoprolinase to yield glutamate (Glu) and dipeptides that ..
- Relationship between soluble CD40 ligand and gamma-glutamyltransferase concentrations in non-drinking, young Type 1 diabetic individualsG Zoppini
Department of Biomedical and Surgical Sciences, Section of Clinical Chemistry, Section of Endocrinology, University of Verona, Verona, Italy
Diabet Med 25:1283-8. 2008To assess the association between circulating levels of soluble CD40 ligand (sCD40L), an emerging cardiovascular risk factor, and gamma-glutamyltransferase (GGT) activity concentrations in Type 1 diabetic subjects.
- Modulation of rat epididymal gamma-glutamyl transpeptidase by nonylphenolsP C Lee
Department of Pediatrics, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee 53226, USA
Xenobiotica 30:771-9. 2000..6. It is suggested that NP impair gamma-GTP expression in the epididymis of developing male rat and act in part via the oestrogen receptor...
- gamma-glutamyl leukotrienase, a gamma-glutamyl transpeptidase gene family member, is expressed primarily in spleenB Z Carter
Department of Pathology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
J Biol Chem 273:28277-85. 1998..GGL and gamma-glutamyl transpeptidase constitute a small gene family...
- Elevated serum GGT concentrations predict reduced insulin sensitivity and increased intrahepatic lipidsC Thamer
Department of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Eberhard Karls University, Tubingen, Germany
Horm Metab Res 37:246-51. 2005Elevated serum gamma-glutamyltransferase (GGT) concentrations have been related to features of the metabolic syndrome as well as increased risk of cardiovascular and liver disease...
- A novel, species-specific class of uncompetitive inhibitors of gamma-glutamyl transpeptidaseJarrod B King
Department of Cell Biology, University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma 73104, USA
J Biol Chem 284:9059-65. 2009Expression of gamma-glutamyl transpeptidase (GGT) in tumors contributes to resistance to radiation and chemotherapy. GGT is inhibited by glutamine analogues that compete with the substrate for the gamma-glutamyl binding site...
- Thyroid hormone modulates the expression of rat liver gammaglutamyltranspeptidase activityA Voci
Instituto di Fisiologia Generale, , Italy
Horm Metab Res 26:133-6. 1994Gammaglutamyltranspeptidase (GGT) activity is considered as a marker of liver phenotype, being maximally expressed in fetal liver and virtually absent in adult mature tissue...
- Prevalence of alcohol and drug abuse in schizophrenic inpatientsM Soyka
Psychiatric Hospital, University of Munich, Germany
Eur Arch Psychiatry Clin Neurosci 242:362-72. 1993..Alcoholism Screening Test (MALT), a physical examination and the screening of various laboratory parameters such as GGT and MCV, among others. The results show that substance abuse is a very common problem in schizophrenics...
- Ultrastructural features of danazol-induced cholestasis: a case studyD Alvaro
Dipartimento di Medicina Clinica, Universita di Roma La Sapienza, Italy
Ultrastruct Pathol 20:491-5. 1996..of the severe increase in serum bilirubin and total serum bile salts, transaminases were only slightly elevated and GGT and alkaline phosphatases were almost normal...
- Progressive effects of malachite green at varying concentrations on the development of N-nitrosodiethylamine induced hepatic preneoplastic lesions in ratsK V Rao
Cellular Carcinogenesis Laboratory, Cancer Research Institute, Tata Memorial Centre, Parel, Bombay, India
Tumori 82:280-6. 1996..on the basis of morphological appearance of the livers, liver weight profile, histological pattern and quantitative GGT activity...
- Triiodothyronine decreases gammaglutamyltranspeptidase expression in cultured rat hepatocytesI Demori
Istituto di Fisiologia Generale, , Italy
Horm Metab Res 27:221-5. 1995Recently, an increase in gammaglutamyltranspeptidase (GGT) activity and mRNA in liver of hypothyroid rats has been reported...
- Comparison of two newly identified tumor markers (CAR-3 and DU-PAN-2) with CA 19-9 in patients with pancreatic cancerC Ferrara
Istituto di Medicina Interna,
Tumori 77:56-60. 1991..Correlations were found between the behavior of all three markers and that of the cholestasis indices (ALP and GGT)...
- [Signal averaging electrocardiography in chronic alcoholism]G Pochmalicki
Service de cardiologie, , Provins
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 91:309-14. 1998..02). Finally, the presence of LP was also related to the following biological abnormalities: GGT (p = 0.027), ASAT (p = 0.046), ALAT (p = 0.039)...
- Nucleotide sequence and analysis of a gene (chiA) for a chitinase from Streptomyces lividans 66K Miyashita
National Institute of Agro Environmental Sciences, Ibaraki, Japan
Biosci Biotechnol Biochem 57:1691-8. 1993..A site of initiation of transcription was found approximately 51 bp upstream from the GTG initiation codon...
- Human germ cell tumours: expression of gamma-glutamyl transpeptidase and sensitivity to cisplatinM H Hanigan
Department of Cell Biology, University of Virginia, Charlottesville 22908, USA
Br J Cancer 81:75-9. 1999Previous studies have shown that the enzyme-glutamyl transpeptidase (GGT) is essential for the nephrotoxicity of cisplatin. This study was designed to determine whether GGT activity is necessary for the therapeutic effect of the drug...
- Relevance of liver enzyme elevations with four different neuroleptics: a retrospective review of 7,263 treatment coursesI Gaertner
University Clinic of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, Tubingen, Germany
J Clin Psychopharmacol 21:215-22. 2001..exceeded the established reference range of 3-fold elevations of ALAT, aspartate aminotransferase, gamma-glutamyl transpeptidase, and glutamate dehydrogenase and 2-fold elevations of alkaline phosphatase (AP) during monotherapy with ..
- Benign recurrent intrahepatic cholestasis progressing to progressive familial intrahepatic cholestasis: low GGT cholestasis is a clinical continuumNancy A M van Ooteghem
Department of Gastroenterology, Gastrointestinal Research Unit, University Medical Center, PO Box 85500, 3508, Utrecht GA, The Netherlands
J Hepatol 36:439-43. 2002..Characteristically serum GGT activity is low and normal liver structure is preserved...
- Alpha-lipoic acid promotes the growth of rat hepatic pre-neoplastic lesions in the choline-deficient modelAndrea Perra
Department of Toxicology, Oncology and Molecular Pathology Unit, University of Cagliari, Via Porcell 4, 09124 Cagliari, Italy
Carcinogenesis 29:161-8. 2008..were identified by their positivity to the placental form of glutathione S-transferase (GSTP) or to gamma glutamyl transpeptidase. alpha-LA given to rats fed a CMD for 6 weeks dramatically increased the number of GSTP-positive foci as ..
- The evaluation of the immunomodulating properties of ERA-63 a pharmaceutical with estrogenic activityG B Janssen
Department of Toxicology and Drug Disposition, Organon, a part of Schering Plough Corporation, P O Box 20, 5340 BH Oss, The Netherlands
Toxicol Lett 180:196-201. 2008..e. decreased body- and organ weights of thymus and testis, and increased bilirubin and GGT levels) confirmed the comparable estrogenic activity for both compounds at the dose levels tested...
- Pharmacological intervention of tiferron and propolis to alleviate beryllium-induced hepatorenal toxicitySatendra Kumar Nirala
School of Studies in Zoology, Jiwaji University, Gwalior 474011, India
Fundam Clin Pharmacol 22:403-15. 2008..Activities of alkaline phosphatase, lactate dehydrogenase, gamma-glutamyl transpeptidase, bilirubin, creatinine and urea in the serum and activity of acid phosphatase, alkaline phosphatase, ..
- Serum level of adiponectin correlated with gender and genotype in patients with chronic hepatitis CQing hua Meng
Public Health Institute, Jilin University, Qianjin Street No 2699, Changchun, Jilin 130012, China
Dig Dis Sci 54:1120-7. 2009..that a lower serum adiponectin level was associated with male gender, higher gamma-glutamyltransferase (gamma-GGT), higher albumin, higher TNF-alpha, and steatosis grade...
- Oral administration of diphenyl diselenide potentiates hepatotoxicity induced by carbon tetrachloride in ratsCristina W Nogueira
Departamento de Quimica, Centro de Ciencias Naturais e Exatas, Universidade Federal de Santa Maria, Santa Maria, CEP 97105 900, RS, Brazil
J Appl Toxicol 29:156-64. 2009..alanine (AST) aminotransferases, alkaline phosphatase (ALP), total bilirrubin (TB) and gamaglutamyl transferase (GGT)] and toxicological parameters [thiobarbituric reactive species (TBARS) levels, catalase activity, ascorbic acid, ..
- Potassium dichromate-induced changes on urinary-specific activities of gamma-glutamyl transpeptidase and alanine aminopeptidase enzymesSergio Lucio Becerra-Torres
Departamentos de Fisiología y Farmacología, Centro de Ciencias Basicas, Universidad Autonoma de Aguascalientes, Aguascalientes, Mexico
Drug Chem Toxicol 32:21-5. 2009..was to establish whether potassium dichromate induces changes in the urinary-specific activities of gamma-glutamyl transpeptidase and alanine aminopeptidase enzymes...
- ROHIT J LOOMBA; Fiscal Year: 2014..system (already genotyped: preliminary data suggests 2-2 adrenergic gene effect with serum gamma-glutamyl transpeptidase (GGT), a marker of NAFLD, in this twin cohort) are associated with NAFLD...
- Kenneth R Johnson; Fiscal Year: 2016..Aim 5 of this proposal is to refine the chromosomal locations and test candidate genes for three newly mapped loci that contribute to AHL in A/J mice (ahl9 on Chr 11) and NOD/ShiLtJ mice (ahl10 on Chr 1 and ahl11 on Chr 6). ..
- SIGNIFICANCE OF GGT EXPRESSION IN TUMORSMARIE HANIGAN; Fiscal Year: 2009ABSTRACT The enzyme gamma-glutamyl transpeptidase (GGT) is over-expressed by liver tumors and is elevated in the serum of patients with these tumors...
- H2S PRODUCTION AND VIRULENCE OF TREPONEMA DENTICOLALianrui Chu; Fiscal Year: 2009..We will construct mutants in each of the genes (ggt, cgaA/cgaB, hly) encoding the TSP catabolic proteins to prove that all of the enzymes in the pathway have been ..
- Red Blood Cell S-nitrosothiols and OxygenationJonathan S Stamler; Fiscal Year: 2012..reductase;4) the delivery of NO-based bioactivity by RBCs entails an essential role for gamma-glutamyl transpeptidase. Understanding how RBCs regulate the coordinated pulmonary vascular and airway responses that optimize ..
- MECHANISM OF CYCLOPHOSPHAMIDE TOXICITYJAMES KEHRER; Fiscal Year: 1999..Both lung and bladder toxicity will be evaluated with and without pretreatment with acivicin (gamma-glutamyl transpeptidase inhibitor), probenecid (organic anion transport inhibitor), hexahydrocoumarin (aldehyde oxidase inhibitor)..
- GLUTATHIONE CONJUGATION--MEDIATOR OF ORGAN TOXICITYSerrine Lau; Fiscal Year: 1992..step in the metabolism and membrane transport of GSH and its conjugates involves hydrolysis by gamma-glutamyl transpeptidase (GGT) and the differential toxicity exhibited by the mono- and di-substituted 2- BHQ-GSH conjugates ..
- Novel Ex Vivo Gene Therapy for Spinal Cord InjuryAlpa Trivedi; Fiscal Year: 2004..Gamma-glutamyl transpeptidase (GGT); a marker for Sertoli cells, we be quantified using a standard enzyme assay...
- METABOLIC AND MOLECULAR CONTROL OF MYELOPOIESISAlan Miller; Fiscal Year: 1991..intermediates to LTC and LTD depends on glutathione reductase, glutathione S-transferase and gamma-glutamyl transpeptidase. The genes for two of these enzymes have been localized to chromosomes that are frequently involved in ..
- HEALTH EFFECTS OF DENTAL AMALGAMS IN CHILDRENSonja McKinlay; Fiscal Year: 2005..mercury levels; a dip-stick screening test for urinary protein (confirmed by albumin level); and gamma-glutamyl transpeptidase (gamma-GTP)...
- The Role of Gelatinase A in Interstitial FibrosisSunfa Cheng; Fiscal Year: 2005..Using the mouse gamma- glutamyl transpeptidase II promoter, the tetracycline transactivator protein (tTA) will be restricted to the proximal tubules...
- GENE REGULATION OF EPIDIDYMAL GSH METABOLIZING ENZYMESBARRY HINTON; Fiscal Year: 2004..Gamma-glutamyl transpeptidase (GGT) is an enzyme that plays a critical role in the metabolism of the antioxidant glutathione (GSH)...
- METABOLISM AS A FACTOR IN DRUG-INDUCED NEUROTOXICITYTERRENCE MONKS; Fiscal Year: 1999..of quinone-thioethers, in particular their potent effects on cells and tissues expressing gamma-glutamyl transpeptidase, such as renal proximal tubules; and (d) the biochemical and physiological similarities between the blood-..
- BENZENE METABOLITES AND HEMATOTOXICITYTERRENCE MONKS; Fiscal Year: 2004..in response to HQ-GSH conjugates, (iii) test the hypothesis that metabolite-induced changes in gamma-glutamyl transpeptidase activity (GGT), dipeptidase activity, cysteine transport, and GSH concentrations, precipitate ..
- Regulation of Hypoxia Inducible Factor-1 by Nitric OxideLisa Palmer; Fiscal Year: 2004..In testing this third hypothesis, we will control the effects of hypoxia on the gamma glutamyl transpeptidase knockout mouse...
- HEPATOCARCINOGENESIS IN VITRO USING ACTIVATED FOS GENESRussell Lebovitz; Fiscal Year: 1993..with either chemical carcinogens or an activated ras gene results in the activation of gamma-glutamyl transpeptidase (gamma GT) and glutathione-S-transferase-P (GSTP), two markers of liver carcinogenesis in vivo...
- FATE OF TOXIC CHEMICALS IN HEPATOCYTE AND HEPATOMA CELLSMichael Meredith; Fiscal Year: 1992..methionine, while others are proposed to depend on recovery of cysteine by degradation of GSH by Gamma-glutamyl transpeptidase. The proposed research will examine the effect of GSH depletion by diethylmaleate, ethacrynic acid, t-..
- PROGENITOR CELLS IN IN VITRO LIVER EXPLANT CULTURESLopa Mishra; Fiscal Year: 2000..Markers indicative of bile duct lineage such as CK14, CK 19 and gamma-glutamyl transpeptidase will also be used...
- MOLECULAR CHARACTERIZATION OF BRAIN GSH TRANSPORTERSRam Kannan; Fiscal Year: 1999..of transporters and compare their ion requirements, ii) study contribution of RcGshT and gamma-glutamyl transpeptidase, GGT, to expression of GSH transport in the relevant size fractions using antisense oligonucleotides, iii)..
- VASCULAR ENDOTHELIUM FORM AND FUNCTION: EFFECTS OF GLIALAWRENCE DEBAULT; Fiscal Year: 1990..Factor VIII and Thrombomodulin (TM) antigens during regeneration, and induction (or activation) or gamma-glutamyl transpeptidase (GGTP) ion the new endothelium...
- ORGAN SPECIFIC DRUGS: CARDIOVASCULAR AND RENAL EFFECTSMarian Orlowski; Fiscal Year: 1980..gamma-glutamyl derivatives of drugs are expected to be accumulated at the sites of localization of gamma-glutamyl transpeptidase where the active drug would be released from its inactive precursor and exert its activity...
- CHEMICAL TOXICITY AND VITAMIN E REGULATIONDonald Reed; Fiscal Year: 2001..between vitamin E status, and the biliary secretion of vitamin E, and GSH homeostasis using the gamma-glutamyl transpeptidase (GGT) knockout mice recently developed in the laboratory of Dr. Michael Lieberman, Baylor University...
- OXIDATION CHEMISTRY OF INDOLESGlenn Dryhurst; Fiscal Year: 2002..released from both neurons and glia, and extracellular conditions that influence the activity of gamma-glutamyl transpeptidase (g-GT), are key factors in MA- and MDMA-induced neurotoxicity...
- Regulation of Key Processes in Oocyte BiologyMartin Matzuk; Fiscal Year: 2007..3, follicle stimulating hormone, alpha-inhibin, activin receptor type II, superoxide dismutase 1, gamma-glutamyl transpeptidase, SMAD5, cyclin A1, and oxytocin...
- In vivo Transgenic Reporter for Hepatobiliary ToxicitySeth Kullman; Fiscal Year: 2005..extend noninvasive detection of acute and chronic biliary toxicity/injury, through induction of a gamma-glutamyl transpeptidase driven fluorescent reporter gene...
- Tissue and Tumor Specific Glycosylation of ProteinsMatthew West; Fiscal Year: 2009..Elevated serum levels of the glycoprotein gamma-glutamyl transpeptidase (GGT) are commonly seen in patients with tumors of the liver and pancreas and in patients with non ..
- Rapid in Vivo Assay for Oral Cancer ChemopreventionDENNIS SOLT; Fiscal Year: 2002..pouch epithelial (HBPE) model of oral carcinogenesis, focal populations of basal cells exhibiting gamma-glutamyl transpeptidase histochemical activity(GGT foci), and patches of basal cells exhibiting nuclear p53 immunohistochemical ..
- FUNCTION OF GAMMA GLUTAMYL LEUKOTRIENASEGEETHA HABIB; Fiscal Year: 2005DESCRIPTION: Gamma-Glutamyl transpeptidase (GGT) and gamma-glutamyl leukotrienase (GGL), a related enzyme identified in the applicant's laboratory, belong to a small gene family that cleaves glutathione (GSH) and GSH conjugates...
- SEQUENTIAL ANALYSIS OF ORAL CARCINOGENESISDENNIS SOLT; Fiscal Year: 1990..exert a promoting action on HBPE with an accompanying selection of focal cell populations rich in gamma-glutamyl transpeptidase activity...
- WHAT IS THE METABOLIC FUNCTION OF SELENOPROTEIN W?PHILIP WHANGER; Fiscal Year: 2003..We have access to knockout mice deficient in gamma-glutamyl transpeptidase and these will be used to determine the effects of altered glutathione and cystine levels on ..
- BIOLOGICAL MARKERS OF ALCOHOL CONSUMPTION AMONG WOMENLinda La Grange; Fiscal Year: 1992..I will attempt to determine if levels of gamma-glutamyl transpeptidase (GGTP), levels of urinary dolichols, or the quantification of carbohydrate-deficient transferrin (CDT) ..
- GAMMA GLUTAMYL TRANSPEPTIDASE & LYMPHOCYTE ACTIVATIONDavid Karp; Fiscal Year: 2002..Recently, the applicant has found that the ecto-enzyme gamma glutamyl transpeptidase (GGT) is up-regulated upon T cell activation, and is highly expressed by memory T cells...
- SENSORS FOR DIAGNOSIS OF ALCOHOL-RELATED LIVER DAMAGEPaul Hale; Fiscal Year: 1993..serum enzymes, alanine aminotransferase (ALT), aspartate aminotransferase (AST), and gamma-glutamyltransferase (GGT), which are frequently associated with alcohol-related organ damage and alcoholism...
- AS-GSH CONJUGATION LIMITS AS AVAILABILITY & TOXICITYMichael Lieberman; Fiscal Year: 2004..triglutathione (ATG) and methyl arsenic diglutathione (MADG) and identified them in the urine of gamma-glutamyl transpeptidase (GGT)-deficient mice and the bile of wild type mice by use of liquid chromatography/mass spec (LCMS) and ..
- REGENERATION AND INTERACTIONS OF BRAIN ENDOTHELIUMPASQUALE CANCILLA; Fiscal Year: 1990..3) astrocytes signal the endothelium to increase glucose and amino acid transport and production of gamma glutamyl transpeptidase (GGTP)...
- TRANSFORMATION OF HUMAN BREAST EPITHELIAL CELLS IN VITROSatyabrata Nandi; Fiscal Year: 1993..activators (tPA, urokinase), TGF alpha, TGF beta, EGF receptor, glutathione-s-transferase-P, gamma-glutamyl transpeptidase and 0-6 alkyl-DNA-alkyltransferase are reliable, quantitative molecular markers for transformation and ..
- MOLECULAR ASPECTS OF THE ROLE OF ANDROGENS IN THE TESTISBARBARA SANBORN; Fiscal Year: 1991..The cellular localization and regulation of testicular gamma-glutamyl transpeptidase mRNA will be studied with the use of cDNA probes...
- BIOCHEMICAL AND GENETIC MARKERS OF TYPE 2 DIABETES RISKFrank B Hu; Fiscal Year: 2013..2. To test the hypothesis that increased levels of liver enzymes (fetuin-A, GGT, ALT) are associated with increased risk of T2D, independent of obesity, alcohol intake, and markers of ..
- Assiamira Ferrara; Fiscal Year: 2016..Given the high cost of measuring BPA and metabolic biomarkers (glucose, insulin, adiponectin, GGT and ALT);we will obtain these measurements from 300 GDM cases and 600 controls to conduct a prospective, nested ..
- H2S PRODUCTION AND VIRULENCE OF TREPONEMA DENTICOLALianrui Chu; Fiscal Year: 2007..identified three enzymes that are required for the successful metabolism of glutathione: gamma-glutamyltransferase (GGT), cysteinylglycinase (CGase), and cystalysin...
- Astrocyte Control of Toxin-Mediated Neuron Death: Role of the Gamma-Glutamyl PathGeorge I Henderson; Fiscal Year: 2010..of GSH efflux via multidrug resistance protein(s) (Mrp), and two plasma membrane ectopeptidases, ?-glutamyl transpeptidase (GGT) and aminopeptidase N (ApN)...
- James C Garbutt; Fiscal Year: 2016..Drinking patterns, anxiety levels, sleep patterns, craving for alcohol, gamma-glutamyl transferase (GGT) and carbohydrate deficient transferring (CDT) will be assessed...
- Proteomic Markers of Alcohol Abuse (Phase 1)LAWRENCE SNELL; Fiscal Year: 2009..methodology (ProteoSep TM) to accurately measure currently used state markers for excessive alcohol ingestion (GGT, AST and CDT) in plasma and serum samples and develop a measurement, with ProteoSep TM technology, of MAO-B protein ..
- George I Henderson; Fiscal Year: 2016..cysteine ligase, glutathione reductase) and second by enhancing regulation of a GSH scavenging system (;-glutamyl transpeptidase (3GT), and aminopeptidase N...
- Pharmacokinetic and Pharmacogenomic Determinants of Cisplatin Kidney InjuryMelanie S Joy; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Structural insights into redox homeostasisJoseph J Barycki; Fiscal Year: 2010..We will also examine the auto-activation mechanism of g-glutamyl transpeptidase, an ectoenzyme required for glutathione salvage, and the effects of self-processing on catalytic activity...
- Cysteine, Related Gene Variants and Breast Cancer RiskWalter C Willett; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- GLUTATHIONE DEPLETION AND MITOCHONDRIAL COMPLEX I DYSFUNCTIONJulie Kay Andersen; Fiscal Year: 2011..in inhibition of the GSSG reducing enzyme glutathione reductase (GluRd) and up-regulation of the enzyme g-glutamyl transpeptidase (GGT) which breaks down extracellular GSHto substrates which are transported back into the cell for ..
- Pregravid biomarkers of GDM risk, fetal growth and progression to diabetesMONIQUE MARIE HEDDERSON; Fiscal Year: 2013..adiponectin, HMW adiponectin, Fetuin-A and LDL-C particle size), 2) inflammation (CRP), and 3) oxidative stress (GGT) assessed before pregnancy, are associated with increased risk GDM...
- Gluthathione Depletion /Mitochondrial Complex I DysfunctJulie Andersen; Fiscal Year: 2006..of the GSSG reducing enzyme[unreadable] glutathione reductase (GluRd) and up-regulation of the enzyme g-glutamyl transpeptidase (GGT) which[unreadable] breaks down extracellular GSH to substrates which are transported back into the ..
- Polycystin-1 Regulation of Galpha 12 and Integrins in Polycystic Kidney DiseaseTianqing Kong; Fiscal Year: 2012..leading to cyst development in vivo will be explored using a2 integrin knockout mice, PC1 null heterozyotes and gGT-Cre/QLa12 mice...
- Repair of Clustered DNA DamagesYoke W Kow; Fiscal Year: 2010..The predominant mutation signature at V599 is T to A transversion mutation (GTG to GAG), changing valine to aspartic acid...
- Collagen Glycosylation, Maturation and MineralizationMitsuo Yamauchi; Fiscal Year: 2013..sequentially by hydroxylysyl galactosyltransferase (GT) and, then, galactosylhydroxylysyl glucosyltransferase (GGT)...
- Alice Barkan; Fiscal Year: 2016..move easily between laboratories in the different departments and institutes due to the close proximity of all GTG faculty labs and to our faculty's commitment to minimizing bureaucratic barriers to such movement...
- JOSHUA D LEE; Fiscal Year: 2016..abstinent, time to first heavy drinking day), treatment retention as a continuous variable, biomarkers including GGT and CDT, and the association of mu opioid receptor Asp40 functional allele status with XR-NTX treatment ..
- PHYSIOLOGY OF GLUTATHIONE EFFLUX FROM THE LIVERNeil Kaplowitz; Fiscal Year: 1999..The ultimate goal of this work is the prevention and treatment of liver disease and its extrahepatic complications by exploiting and manipulating hepatic GSH. ..
- Exploration of Alcohol Interlock, Biomarker and Psychometric DataPaul R Marques; Fiscal Year: 2012..and biological methods of quantifying driver risk;the strongest biomarker predictors of driver risk are PEth, EtG, GGT, and %CDT...
- Antioxidant Therapy for Ataxia TelangiectasiaROBERT SCHIESTL; Fiscal Year: 2009..b>GGT deficient mice have lower levels of glutathione and show signs of oxidative stress...
- Cadmium, K-ras, and Pancreatic Cancer in EgyptAMR SOLIMAN; Fiscal Year: 2003..molecular pathologic features of pancreatic cancer tumors of patients from this region [unusually high rate of GGT --> GTT (glycine --> valine) K-ras mutation]...
- Atorvastatin, a prenylation inhibitor in acute leukemia.Raymond Perez; Fiscal Year: 2003..inhibitors of enzymes that catalyze prenylation, farnesyltransferase (FT) and geranylgeranyltransferase-l and -II (GGT-1, GGT-II), are currently in clinical trials or preclinical models...
- CRITICAL CHANGES AND FACTORS IN SKIN TUMOR PROGRESSIONJohn DiGiovanni; Fiscal Year: 1992..of various early markers of malignant progression such as loss of high molecular weight keratins, presence of GGT and chromosomal alterations...
- PEPTIDYL-ACTINOMYCINS--PRODRUGS AND TUMOR TARGETINGANTHONY MAUGER; Fiscal Year: 1990..Glu (Delta)-Gly-Pro- (AMD) and D-Val-Leu-lys-Val-Pro-(AMD) which should be cleaved by delta-glutamyl transferase (GGT) and plasmin respectively...
- MOLECULAR MECHANISMS OF INORGANIC LEAD NEUROTOXICITYGary Goldstein; Fiscal Year: 2002..in the neonate of rat brain microvessel growth and on the expression of blood- barrier proteins such as v-glutamyl transpeptidase, p-glycoprotein, or endothelial barrier antigen...