Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: glutaminyl cyclase
Description: glutaminyl-peptide cyclotransferase
Alias: GCT, sQC, glutaminyl-peptide cyclotransferase, glutaminyl cyclase, glutaminyl-tRNA cyclotransferase, glutamyl cyclase
Publications266 found, 100 shown here
- False-negative biopsies for the diagnosis of testicular intraepithelial neoplasia (TIN)--an updateK P Dieckmann
Urologische Abteilung, Albertinen Krankenhaus, Suentelstrasse 11a, D 22457, Hamburg, Germany
Eur Urol 43:516-21. 2003..neoplasia (TIN; or carcinoma in situ of the testis) is the precursor of testicular germ-cell tumours (GCT). It is detected by conventional surgical biopsy of the testis...
- Granulosa cell tumor of the ovarySusan Tinsley Schumer
Program in Gynecologic Medical Oncology, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Boston, MA 02215, USA
J Clin Oncol 21:1180-9. 2003Adult granulosa cell tumor (GCT) of the ovary is oftentimes a hormonally active, stromal cell neoplasm that is distinguished by its ability to secrete sex steroids such as estrogen...
- Single-band mucosectomy for granular cell tumor of the esophagus: safe and easy techniqueG Battaglia
Istituto Oncologico Veneto IOV, via Giogtinian 12, Padova, 35100, Italy
Surg Endosc 20:1296-8. 2006..The single-band mucosectomy technique was used to remove a granular cell tumor (GCT) of the esophagus. Only 3% of GCTs, which are relatively uncommon neoplasms, arise in the esophagus...
- TCam-2 but not JKT-1 cells resemble seminoma in cell cultureD Eckert
Abteilung für Entwicklungspathologie, Institut fur Pathologie, Universitat Bonn, Sigmund Freud Strasse 25, 53127, Bonn, Germany
Cell Tissue Res 331:529-38. 2008Of all malignancies diagnosed in men between 17 and 45 years of age, 60% are germ cell tumors (GCT). GCT arise from carcinoma in situ cells, which are thought to originate from a transformed fetal germ cell, the gonocyte...
- A population-based risk factor scoring will decrease unnecessary testing for the diagnosis of gestational diabetes mellitusEray Caliskan
SSK Ankara Maternity and Women s Health Teaching Hospital, Etlik, Ankara, Turkey
Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand 83:524-30. 2004..To determine the effectiveness of a population-based risk factor scoring to decrease unnecessary testing for the diagnosis of gestational diabetes mellitus (GDM)...
- An enzyme(s) that converts glutaminyl-peptides into pyroglutamyl-peptides. Presence in pituitary, brain, adrenal medulla, and lymphocytesW H Busby
J Biol Chem 262:8532-6. 1987..These findings indicate that in vivo the post-translational conversion of a glutaminyl-peptide into a pyroglutamyl-peptide is neither spontaneous nor abiotic as has been previously proposed...
- Distinct glutaminyl cyclase expression in Edinger-Westphal nucleus, locus coeruleus and nucleus basalis Meynert contributes to pGlu-Abeta pathology in Alzheimer's diseaseMarkus Morawski
University of Leipzig, Leipzig, Germany
Acta Neuropathol 120:195-207. 2010b>Glutaminyl cyclase (QC) was discovered recently as the enzyme catalyzing the pyroglutamate (pGlu or pE) modification of N-terminally truncated Alzheimer's disease (AD) Abeta peptides in vivo...
- Glutaconate CoA-transferase from Acidaminococcus fermentans: the crystal structure reveals homology with other CoA-transferasesU Jacob
Max Planck Institut fur Biochemie, Abteilung Strukturforschung, Am Klopferspitz 18a, D 82152, Martinsried, Germany
Structure 5:415-26. 1997..We describe here the crystal structure of glutaconate CoA-transferase (GCT) from the strictly anaerobic bacterium Acidaminococcus fermentans...
- Should high-dose chemotherapy be used to consolidate second or third line treatment in relapsing germ cell tumours?J Shamash
Department of Medical Oncology, School of Medicine and Dentistry, St Bartholomew s and Royal London Hospitals, Queen Mary and Westfield College, Smithfield, UK
Acta Oncol 39:857-63. 2000Thirty consecutive patients with relapsing germ cell tumours (GCT) were treated with induction chemotherapy and high-dose chemotherapy consolidation (HDCT)...
- Long bones giant cells tumors: treatment by curretage and cavity filling cementationN Fraquet
Bone and Joint Unit, Hôtel Dieu Teaching Medical Center, Place A Ricordeau, 44093 Nantes Cedex, France
Orthop Traumatol Surg Res 95:402-6. 2009Giant cell tumors (GCT) of bone are benign tumors with local aggressiveness that most of the time occur around the metaphyseal area of long bones, often in contact with the articular cartilage...
- Sequential dose-intensive paclitaxel, ifosfamide, carboplatin, and etoposide salvage therapy for germ cell tumor patientsR J Motzer
Genitourinary Oncology, Nuclear Medicine, and Renal Services, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY 10021, USA
J Clin Oncol 18:1173-80. 2000..administered plus peripheral blood-derived stem-cell (PBSC) support for patients with germ cell tumors (GCT) who have unfavorable prognostic features in response to conventional-dose salvage programs...
- [Pregnant outcomes and neonatal anthropometry in women with abnormal glucose challenge test and normal oral glucose tolerance test during pregnancy.]Hai Tian Chen
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, First Affiliated Hospital of Sun Yat sen University, Guangzhou 510080, China
Zhonghua Fu Chan Ke Za Zhi 44:801-4. 2009To evaluate the influences of abnormal glucose challenge test(GCT) on pregnancy outcomes and neonatal anthropometric data in women with normal oral glucose tolerance test(OGTT).
- Giant cell tumor of the cervical spine: a series of 22 cases and outcomesMa Junming
The Spine Center, Changzheng Hospital, The Second Military Medical University, Shanghai, People s Republic of China
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 33:280-8. 2008..A consecutive series of 22 giant cell tumor (GCTs) of the cervical spine which underwent surgical treatment was observed from 1990-2003...
- Removal of N-terminal polyhistidine tags from recombinant proteins using engineered aminopeptidasesJ Pedersen
UNIZYME Laboratories, Dr Neergaards vej 17, Horsholm, DK 2970, Denmark
Protein Expr Purif 15:389-400. 1999..the aminopeptidase dipeptidyl peptidase I (DPPI), either alone or in combination with glutamine cyclotransferase (GCT) and pyroglutamyl aminopeptidase (PGAP)...
- Morphologic features of human chorionic gonadotropin- or alpha-fetoprotein-producing germ cell tumors of the central nervous system: histological heterogeneity and surgical meaningK Sugiyama
Department of Neurosurgery, Hiroshima University Medical Hospital, Japan
Brain Tumor Pathol 18:115-22. 2001Our study of germ cell tumors (GCT) of the central nervous system (CNS) investigated the relationship between tumor histology and patient serum titers of human chorionic gonadotropin (HGC) and alpha-fetoprotein (AFP)...
- Cluster analysis of p53 and Ki67 expression, apoptosis, alpha-fetoprotein, and human chorionic gonadotrophin indicates a favorable prognostic subgroup within the embryonal carcinoma germ cell tumorMadhu Mazumdar
Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, 307 E 63rd St, 3rd Floor, New York, NY 10021, USA
J Clin Oncol 21:2679-88. 2003..information provided by alpha-fetoprotein and human chorionic gonadotrophin in the management of germ cell tumor (GCT) patients is a biochemical reflection of tumor differentiation...
- Regulation of MMP-9 (92 kDa type IV collagenase/gelatinase B) expression in stromal cells of human giant cell tumor of boneV H Rao
Meyer Rehabilitation Institute and Department of Pediatrics, University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha 68198, USA
Clin Exp Metastasis 15:400-9. 1997..Recently, we have identified the expression of both MMP-2 and MMP-9 in primary cultures of human giant cell tumor (GCT) of bone in vitro, and in tissue extracts in vivo. Interestingly, MMP-9 is not secreted by late-passaged GCT cells...
- Additive and/or synergistic action (downregulation) of androgens and thyroid hormones on the cellular distribution and localization of a true tissue kallikrein, mK1, in the mouse submandibular glandShingo Kurabuchi
Dept of Histology, Nippon Dental University School of Dentistry at Tokyo, Fujimi 1 9 20, Chiyoda ku, Tokyo 102 8159, Japan
J Histochem Cytochem 52:1437-46. 2004..T(3)), and dexamethasone (Dex) on the expression of mK1 in the granular convoluted tubule (GCT) cells of the submandibular gland (SMG) of hypophysectomized (Hypox) male mice by indirect enzyme-labeled antibody ..
- Can adiponectin predict gestational diabetes?Sawaek Weerakiet
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Faculty of Medicine, Ramathibodi Hospital, Mahidol University, Bangkok, Thailand
Gynecol Endocrinol 22:362-8. 2006..and number of fetuses by ultrasound, all women underwent a 1-h glucose challenge test with 50 g glucose load (50-g GCT) between 21 and 27 weeks of GA...
- Determinants of mild gestational hyperglycemia and gestational diabetes mellitus in a large dutch multiethnic cohortRob N M Weijers
Department of Clinical Chemistry and Haematology, Onze Lieve Vrouwe Gasthuis, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Diabetes Care 25:72-7. 2002....
- Interleukin-1beta upregulates MMP-9 expression in stromal cells of human giant cell tumor of boneV H Rao
Center for Human Molecular Genetics, Munroe Meyer Institute for Genetics and Rehabilitation, and the Department of Pathology and Microbiology, University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha 68198, USA
J Interferon Cytokine Res 19:1207-17. 1999Giant cell tumor (GCT) of bone is a progressive, potentially malignant process that destroys skeletal tissue...
- Effects of electrohydraulic extracorporeal shock wave lithotripsy on submandibular gland in the rat: electron microscopic evaluationNuray Bayar
Kirikkale University, Faculty of Medicine, ENT Department, Kirikkale, Turkey
Int J Pediatr Otorhinolaryngol 63:223-33. 2002..The aim of this experimental study is to investigate the local effects of electrohydraulic ESWL applied to the right submandibular gland of the rats...
- Stereotactic radiosurgery for pineal and related tumorsYoshimasa Mori
Nagoya Radiosurgery Center, Nagoya Kyoritsu Hospital, Nagoya, Japan
Prog Neurol Surg 23:106-18. 2009..The mean treatment volume was 3.3 ml (range 0.1-22 ml) in GCT cases and 3.7 ml (range 0.3-23 ml) in PPT cases. Prescribed doses around 50% isodose line ranged from 9.9 to 25...
- Giant cell tumor of bone: a model for the in vitro human osteoclast characterizationM Campanacci
Centro Interdipartimentale di Ricerche sul Cancro, Giorgio Prodi, , Italy
Tumori 75:389-95. 1989The in vitro growth pattern of cells obtained from bioptic material of ten patients with giant cell tumor of bone (GCT) was investigated...
- The epidemiology of ovarian granulosa cell tumors: a case-control studyE A Boyce
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Division of Gynecologic Oncology, Brigham and Women s Hospital, USA
Gynecol Oncol 115:221-5. 2009This study identified risk factors for ovarian granulosa cell tumors (GCT) through a case-control study comparing women with GCT to women with epithelial ovarian cancers (OC) and general population (GP) controls.
- Evidence for the role of matrix metalloproteinase-13 in bone resorption by giant cell tumor of boneIsabella W Y Mak
McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada L8V 5C2
Hum Pathol 41:1320-9. 2010Giant cell tumor of bone (GCT) is an aggressively osteolytic primary bone tumor that is characterized by the presence of abundant multinucleated osteoclast-like giant cells, hematopoietic monocytes, and a distinct mesenchymal stromal ..
- Simultaneous determination of catechins, rutin, and gallic acid in Cistus species extracts by HPLC with diode array detectionNatale Alfredo Santagati
Dipartimento di Scienze Farmaceutiche, Università di Catania Viale A Doria 6, 95125 Catania, Italy
J Chromatogr Sci 46:150-6. 2008..for the simultaneous analysis of five major catechins: (+)-catechin (C), (-)-epicatechin (EC), (-)-gallocatechin (GCT), (-)-epigallocatechin (EGC), (-)-epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG), and the phenolic plant metabolites gallic acid (..
- Relationship between binuclear and multinuclear cells in giant cell tumor of boneK Kusuzaki
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Kyoto Prefectural University of Medicine, Japan
Anticancer Res 20:2463-7. 2000Giant cell tumor of bone (GCT) consists of stromal and multinuclear type tumor cells...
- Germ cell tumors in the basal ganglia: problems of early diagnosis and treatmentYukihiko Sonoda
Department of Neurosurgery, Tohoku University Graduate School of Medicine, Sendai, Miyagi, Japan
J Neurosurg Pediatr 2:118-24. 2008..The authors investigated factors related to the diagnosis of these lesions as well as outcome in order to help decrease the time to diagnosis and improve treatment efficacy...
- CCAAT/enhancer binding protein beta is up-regulated in giant cell tumor of bone and regulates RANKL expressionPatrick Kwok Shing Ng
School of Biomedical Sciences, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Shatin, New Territories, Hong Kong SAR
J Cell Biochem 110:438-46. 2010Giant cell tumor (GCT) of bone is an aggressive non-cancerous tumor, which consists of multi-nucleated osteoclast-like giant cells, stromal cells, and monocytes...
- The epidemiology of malignant giant cell tumors of bone: an analysis of data from the Surveillance, Epidemiology and End Results Program (1975-2004)Jennifer L Beebe-Dimmer
Karmanos Cancer Institute and Wayne State University Department of Internal Medicine, Detroit, MI
Rare Tumors 1:e52. 2009Malignant giant cell tumor (GCT) of bone is a rare tumor with debilitating consequences...
- Expression of VEGF and MMP-9 in giant cell tumor of bone and other osteolytic lesionsS M Kumta
Department of Orthopaedics and Traumatology, Prince of Wales Hospital, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Shatin, N T Hongkong, China
Life Sci 73:1427-36. 2003..of vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) and matrix metalloproteinase-9 (MMP-9) in giant cell tumor of bone (GCT) and other osteolytic lesions in bone...
- Regular expression of osteopontin in granular cell tumor: distinctive feature among Schwannian cell tumorsNobuo Hoshi
Department of Pathology, Fukushima Medical University School of Medicine, Fukushima, Japan
Pathol Int 55:484-90. 2005For further characterization of S-100 protein-positive granular cell tumor (GCT), the expression of osteopontin (OPN) in the tumor cells was compared with other types of Schwannian cell tumors...
- Expression of c-Src and comparison of cytologic features in cherubism, central giant cell granuloma and giant cell tumorsChangning Wang
Key Laboratory of Oral Biomedical Engineering, Ministry of Education of China, Wuhan University, Wuhan 430079, P R China
Oncol Rep 15:589-94. 2006Cherubism (CBM) and central giant cell granuloma (CGCG) of the jaw and giant cell tumor (GCT) of the long bone are clinically different diseases. Histologically, they are all multinucleated giant cell (MGC)-containing lesions...
- Less advanced testicular dysgenesis is associated by a higher prevalence of germ cell neoplasiaA Guminska
Division of Reproductive Endocrinology, Department of Andrology and Reproductive Endocrinology, Medical University of Lodz, Lodz, Poland
Int J Androl 33:e153-62. 2010..aim of this study was to relate the incidence of testicular germ cell neoplastic lesions (overt germ cell tumours--GCT or testicular carcinoma in situ) to the intensity of testicular organogenesis disturbances (dysgenesis)...
- Identification of markers of possible prognostic value in 57 giant cell tumors of boneGabriella Gamberi
Laboratory of Oncologic Research, Rizzoli Orthopaedic Institute, I 40136 Bologna, Italy
Oncol Rep 10:351-6. 2003Giant cell tumor of bone (GCT) is a neoplasm characterized by the presence of large numbers of multinucleated osteoclast-like giant cells, together with mononuclear spindle-shaped cells...
- Granular cell tumor of the penis shaft: case report and literature reviewA Dema
Department of Pathology, University of Medicine and Pharmacy V Babes, Timisoara, Romania
Chirurgia (Bucur) 104:359-62. 2009Granular cell tumors (GCT) are uncommon soft tissue neoplasms of presumed neural origin that rarely involve the male external genitalia. Penile lesions are distinctly uncommon with less than 20 cases reported till now.
- Gene expression of monocyte chemoattractant protein-1 in giant cell tumors of bone osteoclastoma: possible involvement in CD68+ macrophage-like cell migrationM H Zheng
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Western Australia, Nedlands, Australia
J Cell Biochem 70:121-9. 1998Giant cell tumor of bone (GCT) is one of a few neoplasms in which the macrophage/osteoclast precursor cells and osteoclast-like giant cells infiltrate the tumor mass...
- Human endogenous retrovirus (HERV)-K transcripts in gonadoblastomas and gonadoblastoma-derived germ cell tumoursH Herbst
Institut fur Pathologie, Universitatskrankenhaus Eppendorf, Hamburg, Germany
Virchows Arch 434:11-5. 1999..abnormal or dysgenetic gonads, often transforming to invasive seminomatous and nonseminomatous germ cell tumours (GCT)...
- Granular cell tumor of the cecum with extensive hyalinization and calcification: a case reportRan Hong
Department of Pathology, Chosun University School of Medicine, Gwangju 501 140, South Korea
World J Gastroenterol 15:3315-8. 2009A granular cell tumor (GCT) is a benign neoplasm of unclear histogenesis that is generally believed to be of nerve sheath origin...
- Analysis of oral glucose tolerance test in pregnant women with abnormal glucose metabolismHui Xia Yang
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Peking University First Hospital, Beijing 100034, China
Chin Med J (Engl) 118:995-9. 2005..tolerance (GIGT) and to evaluate the effect of omission of the third-hour plasma glucose (PG) level in OGTT on the sensitivity of diagnosing GDM and GIGT, and the relationship between PG values of 50 g GCT or OGTT and insulin therapy.
- Juvenile granulosa cell tumor of the ovary presenting with pleural effusion and ascitesHarpreet Kaur
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research PGIMER, Chandigarh, India
Int J Clin Oncol 14:78-81. 2009Juvenile granulosa cell tumor (GCT) is a rare tumor, and the majority (90%) are reported in the prepubertal or under-30-year age group, in contrast to the adult type, which is more common in the fifth decade...
- Inhibin-activin receptor subunit gene expression in ovarian tumorsPeter J Fuller
Prince Henry s Institute of Medical Research and Monash University, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Monash Medical Center, Clayton, Victoria 3168, Australia
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 87:1395-401. 2002Granulosa cell tumors of the ovary (GCT) express the inhibin subunit genes and secrete dimeric inhibin. Transgenic mice null for the alpha-inhibin gene develop GCT...
- MHC class I chain-related gene a alleles distinguish malnutrition-modulated diabetes, insulin-dependent diabetes, and non-insulin- dependent diabetes mellitus patients from eastern IndiaC B Sanjeevi
Department of Molecular Medicine, Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden
Ann N Y Acad Sci 958:341-4. 2002..Sequence determination of the MIC-A gene identifies trinucleotide repeat (GCT) microsatellite polymorphism in exon 5...
- Granular cell tumor: immunohistochemical assessment of inhibin-alpha, protein gene product 9.5, S100 protein, CD68, and Ki-67 proliferative index with clinical correlationBrian H Le
Department of Pathology, Penn State University College of Medicine, Hershey, PA, USA
Arch Pathol Lab Med 128:771-5. 2004Granular cell tumor (GCT) is a rare tumor of nerve sheath origin with a predilection for upper aerodigestive tract, skin, and soft tissue...
- Increased serum retinol-binding protein 4 concentrations in women with gestational diabetes mellitusTe Fu Chan
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Graduate Institute of Medicine, College of Medicine, Kaohsiung Medical University Hospital, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Kaohsiung Medical University Hospital
Reprod Sci 14:169-74. 2007..Serum RBP4 concentrations at glucose challenge test (GCT) were significantly higher in the GDM group (42.4 +/- 13.8 ng/mL) than in the healthy control group (32.0 +/- 8...
- Glucose intolerance in pregnancy and future risk of pre-diabetes or diabetesRavi Retnakaran
Leadership Sinai Centre for Diabetes, Mount Sinai Hospital, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Diabetes Care 31:2026-31. 2008....
- A newly developed gel centrifugation test for quantification of RBC-bound IgG antibodies and their subclasses IgG1 and IgG3: comparison with flow cytometryRainer Lynen
Department of Transfusion Medicine, University of Gottingen, Gottingen, Germany
Transfusion 42:612-8. 2002Novel gel centrifugation test (GCT) cards were evaluated with respect to their ability to estimate the quantity of IgG on RBCs and the determination of the IgG subclasses IgG1 and IgG3.
- Four thiol peroxidases contain a conserved GCT catalytic motif and act as a versatile array of lipid peroxidases in Anabaena sp. PCC7120Mee Kyung Cha
Department of Biochemistry, Paichai University, 439 6 Doma 2 Dong Seo Gu, Taejon 302 735, Republic of Korea
Free Radic Biol Med 42:1736-48. 2007..derived from various cyanobacteria genomes, we designated the seven putative TPx members as VCP, VCT, TCS, and GCT clusters according to the sequence of their conserved catalytic motif...
- [Germ-cell tumors of the central nervous system in childhood: retrospective study of 13 patients]J Voirin
Service de Neurochirurgie, Departement de Neurochirurgie, bâtiment neurologique, Hopital Central, CHU de Nancy, 29, Avenue du Marechal de Lattre de Tassigny, C O n 34, 54035 Nancy Cedex, France
Neurochirurgie 54:55-62. 2008Germ cell tumors (GCT) of the central nervous system are rare (2% of all brain tumors in children)...
- Evaluation of fasting and random plasma glucose for diagnosis of gestational diabetesSikandar Hayat Khan
Department of Pathology, PNS Rahat Hospital, Karachi
J Coll Physicians Surg Pak 19:718-22. 2009To compare different cut-off values of fasting and random plasma glucose as a screening test for diagnosis of gestational diabetes in comparison to the 50 grams Glucose Challenge Test (GCT).
- Human glutaminyl cyclase and bacterial zinc aminopeptidase share a common fold and active siteRachell E Booth
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, Texas State University San Marcos, San Marcos, TX 78666, USA
BMC Biol 2:2. 2004b>Glutaminyl cyclase (QC) forms the pyroglutamyl residue at the amino terminus of numerous secretory peptides and proteins. We previously proposed the mammalian QC has some features in common with zinc aminopeptidases...
- Sexually dimorphic duct system of the submandibular gland in mouse with testicular feminization mutation (Tfm/Y)K Sawada
Department of Regulation Biology, Faculty of Science, Saitama University, Urawa, Japan
Acta Anat (Basel) 143:241-5. 1992..In either 30- or 90-day-old wild-type male mice, the granular convoluted tubules (GCT) of the glands were more developed, and the relative occupied areas (ROA) of GCT were superior to those of the age-..
- Intense 201 Tl uptake in giant-cell tumour of boneT Higuchi
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Kanazawa University School of Medicine, Japan
Nucl Med Commun 23:595-9. 2002..was to determine the characteristics and clinical usefulness of 201Tl scintigraphy in giant-cell tumour of bone (GCT)...
- Small fetal abdominal circumference in the second trimester and subsequent low maternal plasma glucose after a glucose challenge test is associated with the delivery of a small-for-gestational age neonateJ L Bienstock
Division of Maternal Fetal Medicine, Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, The Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions, Baltimore, MD, USA
Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 31:517-9. 2008To evaluate the predictive value of a combination of the 1 h 50-g glucose challenge test (GCT) and second-trimester ultrasound measurement of fetal abdominal circumference (AC) in identifying patients who will go on to deliver small-for-..
- [Diagnostic of gestational diabetes mellitus and the prevalence of LGA (Large for Gestational Age)]Monika Szymanska
I Katedra i Klinika Połoznictwa i Ginekologii w Warszawie
Ginekol Pol 79:177-81. 2008..The aim of the study was to examine the influence of time and diagnostic method of GDM on the prevalence of LGA and pregnancy outcome among patients with gestational diabetes...
- Colorectal granular cell tumor: a clinicopathologic study of 26 casesAatur D Singhi
Department of Pathology, Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions, Baltimore, MD 21231 2410, USA
Am J Surg Pathol 34:1186-92. 2010Granular cell tumor (GCT) is commonly located in the subcutaneous tissue and oral cavity, and uncommon in the gastrointestinal tract, in which the majority arises in the esophagus with over-representation in African Americans (AA)...
- Pediatric primary central nervous system germ cell tumors of different prognosis groups show characteristic miRNome traits and chromosome copy number variationsHsei Wei Wang
School of Life Sciences, Institute of Microbiology and Immunology, National Yang Ming University, Taipei, Taiwan
BMC Genomics 11:132. 2010..The second group of tumors requires more extensive drug and irradiation treatment regimens. The mechanisms underlying the differences in incidence and prognosis of the various GCT subgroups are unclear.
- Importance of angulate bodies in the diagnosis of granular cell tumors (schwannomas)P H Carstens
Department of Pathology, University of Louisville School of Medicine, Kentucky 40292
Ultrastruct Pathol 17:271-8. 1993..ABs appear to have been forgotten, and the diagnosis of GCT currently depends solely upon the presence of large lysosomes...
- Characterization of the Escherichia coli prsA1-encoded mutant phosphoribosylpyrophosphate synthetase identifies a divalent cation-nucleotide binding siteS G Bower
Department of Biochemistry, University of Illinois, Urbana 61801
J Biol Chem 264:10287-91. 1989..was shown by nucleotide sequence analysis to result from substitution of Asp-128 (GAT) in the wild type by Ala (GCT) in prsA1...
- Giant cell tumor of bone in an aged Fischer 344 ratT Imai
Drug Safety Research Laboratories, Eisai Co, Ltd, Hashima, Gifu, Japan
Toxicol Pathol 26:802-5. 1998A giant cell tumor (GCT) was detected on the distal end of the femur in a 98-wk-old male Fischer 344 rat. The yellowish white mass had expanded, compressing adjacent muscle tissues...
- Clinical impact of germ cell tumor cells in apheresis products of patients receiving high-dose chemotherapyC Bokemeyer
Department of Hematology Oncology, University of Tuebingen, Tuebingen
J Clin Oncol 19:3029-36. 2001..This study analyzed the presence and the clinical importance of contaminating tumor cells in PBSC preparations used to support HD-Ctx in GCT patients.
- Immunohistochemical study of a granular cell tumor on the tongue of a dogT S Rallis
Companion Animal Clinic, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, 11 St Voutyra str, 546 27, Thessaloniki, Greece
Vet Clin Pathol 30:62-66. 2001A granular cell tumor (GCT; myoblastoma) was diagnosed on the tongue of a 12-year-old English Pointer with clinical signs of mild oral dysphagia. The diagnosis was confirmed by histopathologic examination and immunohistochemistry...
- First-line sequential high-dose VIP chemotherapy with autologous transplantation for patients with primary mediastinal nonseminomatous germ cell tumours: a prospective trialC Bokemeyer
Tuebingen University Medical Center II, Department of Hematology, Oncology, Rheumatology and Immunology, Eberhard Karls University, Otfried Mueller Str 10, 70276 Tuebingen, Germany
Br J Cancer 89:29-35. 2003..high-dose VIP chemotherapy (HD-VIP) in patients with primary mediastinal nonseminomatous germ cell tumours (GCT), 28 patients were enrolled on a German multicentre trial...
- The origin of the neoplastic stromal cell in giant cell tumor of boneManuela Wülling
Department of Bone Pathology Center of Biomechanics, University Hospital Hamburg Eppendorf, Germany
Hum Pathol 34:983-93. 2003Fibroblastlike stromal cells, which are always present as a component of giant cell tumor of bone (GCT), can be observed in both in vivo and cultured cell samples...
- Multifocal granular cell tumors of the gastrointestinal tract: Immunohistochemical findings compared with those of solitary tumorsHiroyuki Mitomi
Department of Clinical Research Laboratory Pathology, National Sagamihara Hospital, Sagamihara, Japan
Pathol Int 54:47-51. 2004Granular cell tumors (GCT) are infrequently found in the gastrointestinal tract (GIT), and only four previous reports have described lesions occurring simultaneously in different sites...
- Hypertensive disorders in Japanese women with gestational glucose intoleranceKei Miyakoshi
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, School of Medicine, Keio University, 35 Shinanomachi, Shinjuku ku, Tokyo 160 8582, Japan
Diabetes Res Clin Pract 64:201-5. 2004..Consecutive Japanese women with singleton pregnancies underwent a standard 1h, 50g oral glucose challenge test (GCT) at 24-27 weeks of gestation, followed by a 75g, 2h oral glucose tolerance test (OGTT) if the GCT result exceeded ..
- Gene expression profiling differentiates germ cell tumors from other cancers and defines subtype-specific signaturesDejan Juric
Oncology Division, Department of Medicine, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, CA 94305 5151, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 102:17763-8. 2005..Sixty-five genes were sufficient for the construction of a GCT class predictor of high predictive accuracy (100% training set, 96% test set), which might be useful in the ..
- Teratoma with malignant transformation: experiences of the cooperative GPOH protocols MAKEI 83/86/89/96W Biskup
Department of Pediatric Oncology, Hematology and Immunology, Children s Hospital, UKD, Heinrich Heine University, Dusseldorf
Klin Padiatr 218:303-8. 2006..While TMT is a rare but well recognised phenomenon in adult germ cell tumors (GCT), data on TMT in pediatric GCTs are lacking.
- The Anti-Mullerian hormone and ovarian cancerAntonio La Marca
Mother Infant Department, Institute of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Modena and Reggio Emilia, Modena, Italy
Hum Reprod Update 13:265-73. 2007..Currently, AMH has been shown to be a circulating marker specifically for granulosa cell tumour (GCT). Its diagnostic performance seems to be very good, with a sensitivity ranging between 76 and 93%...
- The impact of maternal age, body mass index and maternal weight gain on the glucose challenge test in pregnancyRinat Hackmon
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Lenox Hill Hospital, NY 10025, USA
J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med 20:253-7. 2007The aim of this study was to determine whether maternal age, prepregnancy and mid-trimester body mass index (BMI), or excessive mid-pregnancy weight gain predict abnormal glucose challenge test (GCT) results.
- Obstetric outcomes with a false-positive one-hour glucose challenge test by the Carpenter-Coustan criteriaChad A Grotegut
Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Reproductive Sciences, Temple University School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med 21:315-20. 2008Pregnancies complicated by a false-positive one-hour glucose challenge test (GCT), as determined by the National Diabetes Data Group (NDDG) criteria, have higher rates of adverse maternal and neonatal outcomes...
- Testicular granulosa cell tumor, adult typeAnshu Gupta
Department of Pathology, Pt BD Sharma Post Graduate Institute of Medical Sciences, Rohtak, Haryana, India
Indian J Pathol Microbiol 51:405-6. 2008Granulosa cell tumor (GCT) of the adult type is a rare and slow-growing neoplasm in the testis. This tumor may be associated with endocrine manifestations and resemble classic GCT of the ovary morphologically...
- Quality of regulatory elements in Drosophila retrogenesYongsheng Bai
Department of Biology, Box 19498, University of Texas Arlington, Arlington, TX 76019, USA
Genomics 93:83-9. 2009..the DNA replication-related element (DRE), the Initiator (Inr), and a new over-represented motif that we call the GCT motif...
- Giant cell tumor of talus: a case reportSiddhartha Sharma
Department of Orthopedics, Government Medical College, Jammu, India
Cases J 2:74. 2009Giant cell tumor of talus is a rare entity. In contrast to GCT of long bones, most cases occur in a younger age group and tend to be multicentric...
- Evidence of prior exposure to human bocavirus as determined by a retrospective serological study of 404 serum samples from adults in the United StatesSylvain Cecchini
Laboratory of Biochemical Genetics, National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Clin Vaccine Immunol 16:597-604. 2009..VP2 apparently initiates at a GCT codon (alanine) 273 nucleotides downstream from the VP1 start site and 114 nucleotides upstream from the VP3 ..
- Identification and validation of a gene expression signature that predicts outcome in adult men with germ cell tumorsJames E Korkola
Cell Biology Program, Sloan Kettering Institute for Cancer Research, New York, USA
J Clin Oncol 27:5240-7. 2009Germ cell tumor (GCT) is the most common malignancy in young adult men. Currently, patients are risk-stratified on the basis of clinical presentation and serum tumor markers...
- Giant cell tumor of the femoral head and neck: result of intralesional curettageHwan Seong Cho
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Kyungpook National University College of Medicine, Kyungpook National University Hospital, Daegu, Korea
Arch Orthop Trauma Surg 130:1329-33. 2010..The purpose of this study is to review the results of patients managed with intralesional curettage for GCT of the femoral head and neck.
- Cisplatin, etoposide and continuous infusion bleomycin in patients with testicular germ cell tumors: efficacy and toxicity data from a retrospective studyG Curigliano
Division of Medical Oncology, Universita di Milano, Milan, Italy
J Chemother 21:687-92. 2009We retrospectively reviewed medical charts of 54 patients who underwent orchidectomy for germ cell tumors (GCT) and received a regimen, given every 3 weeks, consisting of cisplatin 100 mg/m2 day 4 intravenous (i.v...
- Isolated and synchronous vulvar granular cell tumors: a clinicopathologic study of 17 cases in 13 patientsJohn A Papalas
Department of Pathology, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27710, USA
Int J Gynecol Pathol 29:173-80. 2010..of cells with predominantly vesicular nuclei and prominent nucleoli and was classified as an atypical vulvar GCT. All tumors so examined were reactive for S-100 protein. Eight of 17 tumor excision specimens had positive margins...
- Snake venomic of Crotalus durissus terrificus--correlation with pharmacological activitiesDessislava Georgieva
Institute of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Hamburg, Laboratory of Structural Biology of Infection and Inflammation, c o DESY, Notkestrasse 85, Building 22a, 22603 Hamburg, Germany
J Proteome Res 9:2302-16. 2010..serine proteinases, ecto-5'-nucleotidases, metalloproteinases, nerve growth factors, phosphodiesterases, and glutaminyl cyclase. The venom toxin composition correlates with the clinical manifestation of the crotalinae snake bites and ..
- Fatal lung metastasis secondary to index finger giant cell tumor in an 8-year-old childS Jacopin
Orthopaedic Surgery Department, Assistance Publique Timone Children s Hospital, Marseille Hospitals Group, 264, rue St Pierre, 13385 Marseille Cedex 5, France
Orthop Traumatol Surg Res 96:310-3. 2010We report the case of a 7-year-old girl presenting with giant cell tumor (GCT) of the index finger, complicated by lung metastases...
- Role of postchemotherapy retroperitoneal lymph node dissection in advanced germ cell tumorsCarvell T Nguyen
Glickman Urological and Kidney Institute, Cleveland Clinic, 9500 Euclid Avenue, Q10, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Hematol Oncol Clin North Am 25:593-604, ix. 2011..This article reviews the indications, technique, and outcomes of PC-RPLND in the management of advanced GCT.
- [Childhood cutaneous Abrikossoff tumor]Z Lahmam Bennani
Service de Dermatologie, Centre hospitalo universitaire Farhat Hached, 4002 Sousse, Tunisie
Arch Pediatr 18:778-82. 2011Granular cell tumor (GCT), also known as Abrikossoff tumor, is a rare and benign neoplasm that more commonly affects the oral cavity in adults. We report here 2 childhood cases of a cutaneous granular cell tumor.
- [Carcinoma in situ of the testis: predisposition, evolution and early detection]K Biermann
Josephine Nefkens Institute, Universitätsklinikum Rotterdam, Erasmus Medical Center, Postbus 2040, 3000 CA, Rotterdam, Niederlande
Pathologe 32:232-6. 2011..is the common obligate precursor lesion of malignant testicular seminomatous and non-seminomatous germ cell tumors (GCT), which show a steadily increasing incidence in Europe...
- Management of localized seminoma, stage I-II: SIU/ICUD Consensus Meeting on Germ Cell Tumors (GCT), Shanghai 2009P Warde
Department of Radiation Oncology, University of Toronto, Radiation Medicine Program, Princess Margaret Hospital, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Urology 78:S435-43. 2011..It was also noted that surgery in this setting is technically challenging and could be associated with greater morbidity than in patients with nonseminomatous tumors...
- Retroperitoneal mixed germ cell tumor mimicking a renal neoplasm: a case reportTing Fu Su
Department of Pathology, Tri Service General Hospital, National Defense Medical Center, Taipei, Taiwan
Urology 80:714-6. 2012..Pediatric hypertension in a girl secondary to a retroperitoneal mixed GCT (dysgerminoma plus mature monodermal teratoma) has not been reported previously in the literature...
- Granular cell breast tumour mimicking infiltrating carcinomaPaschalis Gavriilidis
Department of Surgical Oncology, Theageneio Anticancer Hospital, Thessaloniki, Greece
BMJ Case Rep 2013:. 2013Granular cell tumour (GCT) is a rare, usually benign neoplasm that can mimic carcinoma on breast imaging. GCT can originate anywhere in the body but is most frequently found in the head and neck region, particularly in the tongue...
- Association between adiponectin and tumor necrosis factor-alpha levels at eight to fourteen weeks gestation and maternal glucose tolerance: the Parity, Inflammation, and Diabetes StudyWanda Nicholson
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill School of Medicine, Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27599, USA
J Womens Health (Larchmt) 22:259-66. 2013..TNF)-alpha concentrations were independently associated and predictive of maternal glucose tolerance, as measured by the 1-hour glucose challenge test (GCT), after adjustment for maternal lifestyle behaviors and body mass index (BMI).
- Granular cell tumor of the uterine cervix. A case reportFan Yang
Department of Pathology, West China Second University Hospital, Sichuan University, Chengdu, Sichuan, People s Republic of China
J Reprod Med 58:177-80. 2013Granular cell tumor (GCT) is a relatively rare and nearly always benign neoplasm that has been described in many sites and organs including the tongue, skin, subcutaneous tissue, breast, and vulva...
- [Geriatric complex treatment of proximal femoral fractures? Who profits the most?]F Frölich
Klinikverbund Südwest, Klinikum Sindelfingen Böblingen, Klinik für Unfallchirurgie Sindelfingen, Arthur Gruber Straße 70, 71065, Sindelfingen, Deutschland
Unfallchirurg 118:858-66. 2015Geriatric complex treatment (GCT) is a new type of early rehabilitative care. The main goal is to maintain personal autonomy. GCT includes 21 treatments by physio-, occupational and speech therapists, accompanied by specialized nurses...
- Granular cell tumor of the esophagus: a clinicopathological study of 31 casesLing Nie
Department of Pathology, the Affiliated Drum Tower Hospital, Nanjing University Medical School Nanjing 210008, Jiangsu Province, China
Int J Clin Exp Pathol 7:4000-7. 2014..Nestin, NSE, CD68 and S100 protein were moderate to strong positive. Moreover, a developmental morphology of a GCT was found, which included areas of relatively normal Schwann cells, transitional cells and typical cells of GCTs...
- Interrogation of a context-specific transcription factor network identifies novel regulators of pluripotencyRitu Kushwaha
Cell Biology Program, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, New York, USA
Stem Cells 33:367-77. 2015..The network (GCT(Net)) comprised 1,305 TFs, and its ingenuity pathway analysis identified pluripotency and embryonal development as ..
- The hypermetabolic giant: 18F-FDG avid giant cell tumor identified on PET-CTWendi O'Connor
Department of Radiology, University of North Carolina Hospitals, Chapel Hill, NC, USA Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of North Carolina Hospitals, Chapel Hill, NC, USA
J Radiol Case Rep 8:27-38. 2014..Histology of a fine needle aspiration and open biopsy were consistent with a benign giant cell tumor (GCT) of the bone...
- Refractory knee giant cell tumor of the synovial membrane treated with intra-articular injection of Infliximab: a case series and review of the literatureEmanuela Praino
Rheumatology Unit, Medical School, University of Bari, Bari, Italy
Int J Rheum Dis 18:908-12. 2015Giant cell tumor (GCT) of the synovial membrane, also known as pigmented villonodular synovitis, causes a progressive, relapsing and destructive arthropathy affecting one or more synovial joints...
- Emerging Therapeutic Targets for Male Germ Cell TumorsChristian Daniel Fankhauser
Department of Urology, University Hospital Zurich, Frauenklinikstrasse 10, Zurich, 8091, Switzerland
Curr Oncol Rep 17:54. 2015..therapeutic options have increased for various other cancers, little progress has been made in the management of GCT in the last decades...
- MAPK15 upregulation promotes cell proliferation and prevents DNA damage in male germ cell tumorsMatteo Rossi
Istituto Toscano Tumori ITT, Core Research Laboratory CRL, AOU Senese, Siena, Italy
Oncotarget 7:20981-98. 2016Germ cell tumors (GCT) are the most common malignancies in males between 15 and 35 years of age. Despite the high cure rate, achieved through chemotherapy and/or surgery, the molecular basis of GCT etiology is still largely obscure...
- Primary Hyperparathyroidism Misdiagnosed as Giant Cell Bone Tumor of Maxillary Sinus: A Case ReportLeila Aghaghazvini
Department of Radiology, Shariati Hospital, Tehran University of Medical Sciences, Tehran, Iran Advanced Diagnostic and Interventional Radiology Research Center ADIR, Tehran University of Medical Sciences, Tehran, Iran
Iran J Radiol 13:e13260. 2016..Facial involvement of brown tumor is rare and usually involves the mandible. Giant cell tumor ( GCT) is an expansile osteolytic bone tumor which is very similar in clinical, radiological and histological features to ..
- Serum Levels of MicroRNA miR-371a-3p: A Sensitive and Specific New Biomarker for Germ Cell TumoursKlaus Peter Dieckmann
Department of Urology, Albertinen Krankenhaus, Hamburg, Germany Electronic address
Eur Urol 71:213-220. 2017..However, the markers α-fetoprotein (AFP), the β-subunit of human chorionic gonadotropin (bHCG), and lactate dehydrogenase (LDH) are expressed in <60% of GCT cases.
- Thallium-201 Uptake of Giant Cell Tumor: One Step Toward the Differential Diagnosis to Atypically Presenting OsteosarcomaSarah Keller
1 Department of Diagnostic and Interventional Radiology, University Medical Center Hamburg Eppendorf, Martinistrasse 52, 20246 Hamburg, Germany
AJR Am J Roentgenol 208:171-179. 2017..This study aims to assess the feasibility of 201Tl scintigraphy for the differential diagnosis of GCT and atypical OS.
- Impact of renal impairment and granulocyte colony stimulating factor (GCSF) on bleomycin-induced pneumonitis (bleo lung), febrile neutropenia (FN), and survival in patients (pts) with germ cell tumor (GCT) treated with chemotherapy (chemo)Ben Tran
Princess Margaret Hospital, Toronto, ON, Canada Princess Margaret Hospital and University of Toronto, Toronto, ON, Canada Division of Medical Oncology and Hematology, Princess Margaret Hospital and University of Toronto, Toronto, ON, Canada Department of Radiation Oncology, Princess Margaret Hospital, Toronto, ON, Canada Department of Radiation Oncology, Princess Margaret Hospital and University of Toronto, Toronto, ON, Canada Department of Medical Oncology, Princess Margaret and University of Toronto, Toronto, ON, Canada
J Clin Oncol 30:328. 2012328 Background: Use of GCSF and the development of renal impairment in GCT pts receiving chemo are common, but their effect on toxicity and survival is unclear...
- Ethan Dmitrovsky; Fiscal Year: 2014..will provide critical insights into the Hh pathway in regulating apoptosis, self-renewal or differentiation of GCT or other tumors...
- Mouse model for juvenile granulosa cell tumorogenesisROSEMARY STEINEMETZ; Fiscal Year: 2004..In order to test the hypothesis that the FSH-R pathway is involved in GCT pathogenesis, we will utilize a unique mouse model for GCT formation...
- Irva Hertz-Picciotto; Fiscal Year: 2016..First, obesity and type 2 or gestational diabetes will be examined in a larger sample, and glucose challenge test (GCT) results for the first time, to determine associations not only with development of ASD and intellectual impairment ..
- Cynthia A Lemere; Fiscal Year: 2015..A[unreadable] is generated upon N-terminal truncation of A[unreadable] followed by cyclization by glutaminyl cyclase to convert glutamic acid at residues 3 and 11 to pyroglutamate (A[unreadable]pE3 and A[unreadable]pE11)...
- Jenny N Poynter; Fiscal Year: 2015..Cases of pediatric GCT (ages 0-19 years) diagnosed from July 1, 2008-December 31, 2015 will be identified through the CCRN and will be ..
- A pilot study of DNA methylation in pediatric germ cell tumorsJenny N Poynter; Fiscal Year: 2010..by environmental exposures, with the goal of establishing a large genetic epidemiology study of pediatric GCT in the Children's Oncology Group...
- Vivian Y H Hook; Fiscal Year: 2014..aminopeptidase enzymes generate A [unreadable] (3-40/42) which is converted to pGluA[unreadable](3-40/42) by glutaminyl cyclase (QC)...
- Daret K St Clair; Fiscal Year: 2016..The Training Program is based in the Graduate Center for Toxicology (GCT), a basic science department in the College of Medicine that grants the Ph.D...
- Agilent 6550 QTOF system for U of UtahJAMES ERIC COX; Fiscal Year: 2013..This system will complement our current Waters GCT-Premier GC-MS and will be used immediately at full capacity...
- CYTIDYLYTRANSFERASE STRUCTURE & FUNCTIONClaudia Kent; Fiscal Year: 2003..which included CTP:phosphoethanolamine cytidylytransferase (ECT) and CTP:glycerol-3-phosphate cytidylyltransferase (GCT). ECT participates in the CDP-ethanolamine pathway for phosphatidylethanolamine biosynthesis in eukaryotes...
- EGF GENE REGULATION IN KIDNEY AND SUBMANDIBULAR GLANDRUTH GUBITS; Fiscal Year: 1990..The major source of mouse EGF is the granular convoluted tubule (GCT) cells of the submandibular salivary gland, which also produce nerve growth factor, renin and kallikreins...
- Oct-4 Regulates Embryonal Carcinoma DifferentiationRobert Hromas; Fiscal Year: 2007An intriguing characteristic of metastatic embryonal carcinoma, a type of germ cell tumor (GCT), is that they are able to differentiate to localized teratoma, which is made up of more mature, slower growing tissue of all three embryonic ..
- CLINICAL CORRELATIVE STUDIES IN GERM CELL TUMORSGeorge Bosl; Fiscal Year: 2000..g., bax, bcl-2, p21) will be assessed. His preliminary data in two GCT cell lines (one drug-sensitive (TP53 wild-type) and one drug-resistant (TP53 mutant)) show failure to upregulate ..
- MALIGNANT GERM CELL TUMORS IN CHILDRENXiao Shu; Fiscal Year: 2001DESCRIPTION: (Adapted from investigator's abstract) The etiology of germ cell tumors (GCT) is poorly understood...
- ANTIOXIDANT ENZYMES AND CARDIAC INJURYDaret St Clair; Fiscal Year: 2000..courses but will also participate in a number of team-taught courses offered by the Graduate Center for Toxicology (GCT)...
- Therapeutic/Mechanistic Role of Ape1 in Germ Cell TumorsMark Kelley; Fiscal Year: 2007DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Therapy for disseminated germ cell tumors (GCT) has been successful with 70-80% of patients being cured with front line chemotherapy...
- BIOLOGY OF HIGH RISK GERM CELL NEOPLASIALawrence Einhorn; Fiscal Year: 2001OVERALL DESCRIPTION (Applicant's Description): Germ cell tumors (GCT), while uncommon, are still the leading cause of cancer in young adult males...
- CLINICAL TRIALS AND MENTORING IN ONCOLOGY RESEARCHRobert Motzer; Fiscal Year: 2003..Germ cell tumor (GCT) of the testis is considered a model for the curable cancer, with 70 percent of patients with advanced GCT cured by ..
- Molecular Basis Of Renal Cell Carcinoma Response to SU11428Robert J Motzer; Fiscal Year: 2011..These tumor and cell line-based studies lay a foundation for further molecular studies aimed at understanding the sensitivity/resistance of RCC to SU11248. ..
- Development of an Aging and Cancer Program at MSKCCGeorge Bosl; Fiscal Year: 2007..Through this planning grant, MSKCC will formally expand its research activities in cancer biology and management in the aging population so that it will become a key component of its NCI-funded CCSG. ..
- STUDY OF OSTEOPOROTIC FRACTURESTeresa Hillier; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- Impaired Glucose Challenge Test & Maternal-Fetal OutcomesXinhua Chen; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- MOLECULAR CYTOGENETICS OF MULTIPLE MYELOMARaju Chaganti; Fiscal Year: 2001..abstract_text> ..
- IMPROVING PRIMARY CARE OF AFRICAN AMERICANS WITH NIDDMLawrence Phillips; Fiscal Year: 2001..Our interventions should delineate approaches effective in a primary care setting, as needed to improve care and prevent complications in urban African-Americans with NIDDM. ..
- NEUROENDOCRINE CONTROL OF REPRODUCTIVE BEHAVIORLAUREN RITERS; Fiscal Year: 2003..In addition, this research could lay the groundwork for future studies on the etiology of disorders related to sexual arousal...
- Proteomics/Genomics of Opiate Analgesia and AddictionVivian Hook; Fiscal Year: 2004..Elucidation of distinct pathways will be significant, since it could allow future design of opiate drug regimens that provide effective analgesia, without the tolerance and dependence of addiction. ..
- BIOSYNTHESIS OF ENKEPHALIN OPIOID PEPTIDESVivian Hook; Fiscal Year: 2009..These findings will enhance our knowledge of the complexity of the endogenous opioid system. ..
- POMC Processing and Beta-Endorphine-Related Opioid PeptidesVivian Y H Hook; Fiscal Year: 2010..New findings from this project will enhance our knowledge of the complexity of biosynthetic mechanisms for endogenous opioid and neuropeptide systems. ..
- Outcomes of Cx26 Testing in Deaf/Hard of Hearing AdultsChristina Palmer; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- Genetic Epidemiology of Adult Brain Cancer: A Follow-up StudyJianming Tang; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Cardiovascular Risk in Testicular Cancer SurvivorsDavid Vaughn; Fiscal Year: 2004..However, prior to initiating an intervention study, these parameters need to be explicated. ..
- Screening for IGT: Glucose Challenge vs Predictive ModelLawrence Phillips; Fiscal Year: 2007..Hypotheses: Two-step screening by a one hour oral glucose challenge test (GCT) followed, if abnormal, by an OGTT will have good predictive ability to identify IGT, and will be superior to "..
- GENES, ANTICARCINOGENS AND COLON NEOPLASMSHenry Lin; Fiscal Year: 2006..Results may lead to better understanding of protective mechanisms involving aspirin and nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs. ..
- Molecular Genetics of Cervical Cancer ProgressionMurty Vundavalli; Fiscal Year: 2004..The data generated from these studies will be used to determine the clinical significance and to develop a genetic prognostic model for identifying high-risk CINs that progress into invasive cancer. ..
- Serpin Protease Inhibitors & Opioid NeuropeptidesVivian Hook; Fiscal Year: 2006..Serpin regulation of opioid peptides that mediate analgesia and stress may lead to development of new therapeutic approaches in pain and neurologic disease. ..
- DNA Methylation as an Epigenetic Host Factor in HIV/AIDSJianming Tang; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Connexin 26 Testing in InfantsChristina Palmer; Fiscal Year: 2005..A large cohort of infants and toddlers will be followed for up to three years to fully evaluate the audiologic phenotype of infants and data will be compared based on Cx26 genotype. ..
- INTEGRATED DNA SEQUENCING SYSTEMVivian Hook; Fiscal Year: 2002..abstract_text> ..
- Regulation of embryonic stem cellsMartin Pera; Fiscal Year: 2005..This project will use stem cell lines ES 01 02 03 04 05 06 on the NIH Embryonic Stem Cell Registry. ..
- MAPPING CHROMOSOMES AND GENES IN RELATION TO LEUKEMIARaju Chaganti; Fiscal Year: 2005..In addition, the mapping of NHL breakpoints will provide a platform for addressing breakpoints in this region found in other cancer types. ..