Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: glutaminyl cyclase
Description: glutaminyl-peptide cyclotransferase
Alias: GCT, sQC, glutaminyl cyclase, glutaminyl-tRNA cyclotransferase, glutamyl cyclase
Publications211 found, 100 shown here
- Sexually dimorphic duct system of the submandibular gland in mouse with testicular feminization mutation (Tfm/Y)K Sawada
Department of Regulation Biology, Faculty of Science, Saitama University, Urawa, Japan
Acta Anat (Basel) 143:241-5. 1992..In either 30- or 90-day-old wild-type male mice, the granular convoluted tubules (GCT) of the glands were more developed, and the relative occupied areas (ROA) of GCT were superior to those of the age-..
- Distinct glutaminyl cyclase expression in Edinger-Westphal nucleus, locus coeruleus and nucleus basalis Meynert contributes to pGlu-Abeta pathology in Alzheimer's diseaseMarkus Morawski
University of Leipzig, Leipzig, Germany
Acta Neuropathol 120:195-207. 2010b>Glutaminyl cyclase (QC) was discovered recently as the enzyme catalyzing the pyroglutamate (pGlu or pE) modification of N-terminally truncated Alzheimer's disease (AD) Abeta peptides in vivo...
- CCAAT/enhancer binding protein beta is up-regulated in giant cell tumor of bone and regulates RANKL expressionPatrick Kwok Shing Ng
School of Biomedical Sciences, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Shatin, New Territories, Hong Kong SAR
J Cell Biochem 110:438-46. 2010Giant cell tumor (GCT) of bone is an aggressive non-cancerous tumor, which consists of multi-nucleated osteoclast-like giant cells, stromal cells, and monocytes...
- Evaluation of fasting and random plasma glucose for diagnosis of gestational diabetesSikandar Hayat Khan
Department of Pathology, PNS Rahat Hospital, Karachi
J Coll Physicians Surg Pak 19:718-22. 2009To compare different cut-off values of fasting and random plasma glucose as a screening test for diagnosis of gestational diabetes in comparison to the 50 grams Glucose Challenge Test (GCT).
- Less advanced testicular dysgenesis is associated by a higher prevalence of germ cell neoplasiaA Guminska
Division of Reproductive Endocrinology, Department of Andrology and Reproductive Endocrinology, Medical University of Lodz, Lodz, Poland
Int J Androl 33:e153-62. 2010..aim of this study was to relate the incidence of testicular germ cell neoplastic lesions (overt germ cell tumours--GCT or testicular carcinoma in situ) to the intensity of testicular organogenesis disturbances (dysgenesis)...
- An enzyme(s) that converts glutaminyl-peptides into pyroglutamyl-peptides. Presence in pituitary, brain, adrenal medulla, and lymphocytesW H Busby
J Biol Chem 262:8532-6. 1987..These findings indicate that in vivo the post-translational conversion of a glutaminyl-peptide into a pyroglutamyl-peptide is neither spontaneous nor abiotic as has been previously proposed...
- Glutaconate CoA-transferase from Acidaminococcus fermentans: the crystal structure reveals homology with other CoA-transferasesU Jacob
Max Planck Institut fur Biochemie, Abteilung Strukturforschung, Am Klopferspitz 18a, D 82152, Martinsried, Germany
Structure 5:415-26. 1997..We describe here the crystal structure of glutaconate CoA-transferase (GCT) from the strictly anaerobic bacterium Acidaminococcus fermentans...
- Should high-dose chemotherapy be used to consolidate second or third line treatment in relapsing germ cell tumours?J Shamash
Department of Medical Oncology, School of Medicine and Dentistry, St Bartholomew s and Royal London Hospitals, Queen Mary and Westfield College, Smithfield, UK
Acta Oncol 39:857-63. 2000Thirty consecutive patients with relapsing germ cell tumours (GCT) were treated with induction chemotherapy and high-dose chemotherapy consolidation (HDCT)...
- Long bones giant cells tumors: treatment by curretage and cavity filling cementationN Fraquet
Bone and Joint Unit, Hôtel Dieu Teaching Medical Center, Place A Ricordeau, 44093 Nantes Cedex, France
Orthop Traumatol Surg Res 95:402-6. 2009Giant cell tumors (GCT) of bone are benign tumors with local aggressiveness that most of the time occur around the metaphyseal area of long bones, often in contact with the articular cartilage...
- Sequential dose-intensive paclitaxel, ifosfamide, carboplatin, and etoposide salvage therapy for germ cell tumor patientsR J Motzer
Genitourinary Oncology, Nuclear Medicine, and Renal Services, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY 10021, USA
J Clin Oncol 18:1173-80. 2000..administered plus peripheral blood-derived stem-cell (PBSC) support for patients with germ cell tumors (GCT) who have unfavorable prognostic features in response to conventional-dose salvage programs...
- [Pregnant outcomes and neonatal anthropometry in women with abnormal glucose challenge test and normal oral glucose tolerance test during pregnancy.]Hai Tian Chen
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, First Affiliated Hospital of Sun Yat sen University, Guangzhou 510080, China
Zhonghua Fu Chan Ke Za Zhi 44:801-4. 2009To evaluate the influences of abnormal glucose challenge test(GCT) on pregnancy outcomes and neonatal anthropometric data in women with normal oral glucose tolerance test(OGTT).
- Giant cell tumor of the cervical spine: a series of 22 cases and outcomesMa Junming
The Spine Center, Changzheng Hospital, The Second Military Medical University, Shanghai, People s Republic of China
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 33:280-8. 2008..A consecutive series of 22 giant cell tumor (GCTs) of the cervical spine which underwent surgical treatment was observed from 1990-2003...
- Morphologic features of human chorionic gonadotropin- or alpha-fetoprotein-producing germ cell tumors of the central nervous system: histological heterogeneity and surgical meaningK Sugiyama
Department of Neurosurgery, Hiroshima University Medical Hospital, Japan
Brain Tumor Pathol 18:115-22. 2001Our study of germ cell tumors (GCT) of the central nervous system (CNS) investigated the relationship between tumor histology and patient serum titers of human chorionic gonadotropin (HGC) and alpha-fetoprotein (AFP)...
- Removal of N-terminal polyhistidine tags from recombinant proteins using engineered aminopeptidasesJ Pedersen
UNIZYME Laboratories, Dr Neergaards vej 17, Horsholm, DK 2970, Denmark
Protein Expr Purif 15:389-400. 1999..the aminopeptidase dipeptidyl peptidase I (DPPI), either alone or in combination with glutamine cyclotransferase (GCT) and pyroglutamyl aminopeptidase (PGAP)...
- Cluster analysis of p53 and Ki67 expression, apoptosis, alpha-fetoprotein, and human chorionic gonadotrophin indicates a favorable prognostic subgroup within the embryonal carcinoma germ cell tumorMadhu Mazumdar
Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, 307 E 63rd St, 3rd Floor, New York, NY 10021, USA
J Clin Oncol 21:2679-88. 2003..information provided by alpha-fetoprotein and human chorionic gonadotrophin in the management of germ cell tumor (GCT) patients is a biochemical reflection of tumor differentiation...
- Regulation of MMP-9 (92 kDa type IV collagenase/gelatinase B) expression in stromal cells of human giant cell tumor of boneV H Rao
Meyer Rehabilitation Institute and Department of Pediatrics, University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha 68198, USA
Clin Exp Metastasis 15:400-9. 1997..Recently, we have identified the expression of both MMP-2 and MMP-9 in primary cultures of human giant cell tumor (GCT) of bone in vitro, and in tissue extracts in vivo. Interestingly, MMP-9 is not secreted by late-passaged GCT cells...
- Additive and/or synergistic action (downregulation) of androgens and thyroid hormones on the cellular distribution and localization of a true tissue kallikrein, mK1, in the mouse submandibular glandShingo Kurabuchi
Dept of Histology, Nippon Dental University School of Dentistry at Tokyo, Fujimi 1 9 20, Chiyoda ku, Tokyo 102 8159, Japan
J Histochem Cytochem 52:1437-46. 2004..T(3)), and dexamethasone (Dex) on the expression of mK1 in the granular convoluted tubule (GCT) cells of the submandibular gland (SMG) of hypophysectomized (Hypox) male mice by indirect enzyme-labeled antibody ..
- Can adiponectin predict gestational diabetes?Sawaek Weerakiet
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Faculty of Medicine, Ramathibodi Hospital, Mahidol University, Bangkok, Thailand
Gynecol Endocrinol 22:362-8. 2006..and number of fetuses by ultrasound, all women underwent a 1-h glucose challenge test with 50 g glucose load (50-g GCT) between 21 and 27 weeks of GA...
- Determinants of mild gestational hyperglycemia and gestational diabetes mellitus in a large dutch multiethnic cohortRob N M Weijers
Department of Clinical Chemistry and Haematology, Onze Lieve Vrouwe Gasthuis, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Diabetes Care 25:72-7. 2002....
- False-negative biopsies for the diagnosis of testicular intraepithelial neoplasia (TIN)--an updateK P Dieckmann
Urologische Abteilung, Albertinen Krankenhaus, Suentelstrasse 11a, D 22457, Hamburg, Germany
Eur Urol 43:516-21. 2003..neoplasia (TIN; or carcinoma in situ of the testis) is the precursor of testicular germ-cell tumours (GCT). It is detected by conventional surgical biopsy of the testis...
- Stereotactic radiosurgery for pineal and related tumorsYoshimasa Mori
Nagoya Radiosurgery Center, Nagoya Kyoritsu Hospital, Nagoya, Japan
Prog Neurol Surg 23:106-18. 2009..The mean treatment volume was 3.3 ml (range 0.1-22 ml) in GCT cases and 3.7 ml (range 0.3-23 ml) in PPT cases. Prescribed doses around 50% isodose line ranged from 9.9 to 25...
- Effects of electrohydraulic extracorporeal shock wave lithotripsy on submandibular gland in the rat: electron microscopic evaluationNuray Bayar
Kirikkale University, Faculty of Medicine, ENT Department, Kirikkale, Turkey
Int J Pediatr Otorhinolaryngol 63:223-33. 2002..The aim of this experimental study is to investigate the local effects of electrohydraulic ESWL applied to the right submandibular gland of the rats...
- Interleukin-1beta upregulates MMP-9 expression in stromal cells of human giant cell tumor of boneV H Rao
Center for Human Molecular Genetics, Munroe Meyer Institute for Genetics and Rehabilitation, and the Department of Pathology and Microbiology, University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha 68198, USA
J Interferon Cytokine Res 19:1207-17. 1999Giant cell tumor (GCT) of bone is a progressive, potentially malignant process that destroys skeletal tissue...
- Giant cell tumor of bone: a model for the in vitro human osteoclast characterizationM Campanacci
Centro Interdipartimentale di Ricerche sul Cancro, Giorgio Prodi, , Italy
Tumori 75:389-95. 1989The in vitro growth pattern of cells obtained from bioptic material of ten patients with giant cell tumor of bone (GCT) was investigated...
- The epidemiology of ovarian granulosa cell tumors: a case-control studyE A Boyce
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Division of Gynecologic Oncology, Brigham and Women s Hospital, USA
Gynecol Oncol 115:221-5. 2009This study identified risk factors for ovarian granulosa cell tumors (GCT) through a case-control study comparing women with GCT to women with epithelial ovarian cancers (OC) and general population (GP) controls.
- Evidence for the role of matrix metalloproteinase-13 in bone resorption by giant cell tumor of boneIsabella W Y Mak
McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada L8V 5C2
Hum Pathol 41:1320-9. 2010Giant cell tumor of bone (GCT) is an aggressively osteolytic primary bone tumor that is characterized by the presence of abundant multinucleated osteoclast-like giant cells, hematopoietic monocytes, and a distinct mesenchymal stromal ..
- Simultaneous determination of catechins, rutin, and gallic acid in Cistus species extracts by HPLC with diode array detectionNatale Alfredo Santagati
Dipartimento di Scienze Farmaceutiche, Università di Catania Viale A Doria 6, 95125 Catania, Italy
J Chromatogr Sci 46:150-6. 2008..for the simultaneous analysis of five major catechins: (+)-catechin (C), (-)-epicatechin (EC), (-)-gallocatechin (GCT), (-)-epigallocatechin (EGC), (-)-epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG), and the phenolic plant metabolites gallic acid (..
- The epidemiology of malignant giant cell tumors of bone: an analysis of data from the Surveillance, Epidemiology and End Results Program (1975-2004)Jennifer L Beebe-Dimmer
Karmanos Cancer Institute and Wayne State University Department of Internal Medicine, Detroit, MI
Rare Tumors 1:e52. 2009Malignant giant cell tumor (GCT) of bone is a rare tumor with debilitating consequences...
- Relationship between binuclear and multinuclear cells in giant cell tumor of boneK Kusuzaki
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Kyoto Prefectural University of Medicine, Japan
Anticancer Res 20:2463-7. 2000Giant cell tumor of bone (GCT) consists of stromal and multinuclear type tumor cells...
- Germ cell tumors in the basal ganglia: problems of early diagnosis and treatmentYukihiko Sonoda
Department of Neurosurgery, Tohoku University Graduate School of Medicine, Sendai, Miyagi, Japan
J Neurosurg Pediatr 2:118-24. 2008..The authors investigated factors related to the diagnosis of these lesions as well as outcome in order to help decrease the time to diagnosis and improve treatment efficacy...
- Granulosa cell tumor of the ovarySusan Tinsley Schumer
Program in Gynecologic Medical Oncology, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Boston, MA 02215, USA
J Clin Oncol 21:1180-9. 2003Adult granulosa cell tumor (GCT) of the ovary is oftentimes a hormonally active, stromal cell neoplasm that is distinguished by its ability to secrete sex steroids such as estrogen...
- Regular expression of osteopontin in granular cell tumor: distinctive feature among Schwannian cell tumorsNobuo Hoshi
Department of Pathology, Fukushima Medical University School of Medicine, Fukushima, Japan
Pathol Int 55:484-90. 2005For further characterization of S-100 protein-positive granular cell tumor (GCT), the expression of osteopontin (OPN) in the tumor cells was compared with other types of Schwannian cell tumors...
- Expression of VEGF and MMP-9 in giant cell tumor of bone and other osteolytic lesionsS M Kumta
Department of Orthopaedics and Traumatology, Prince of Wales Hospital, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Shatin, N T Hongkong, China
Life Sci 73:1427-36. 2003..of vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) and matrix metalloproteinase-9 (MMP-9) in giant cell tumor of bone (GCT) and other osteolytic lesions in bone...
- Expression of c-Src and comparison of cytologic features in cherubism, central giant cell granuloma and giant cell tumorsChangning Wang
Key Laboratory of Oral Biomedical Engineering, Ministry of Education of China, Wuhan University, Wuhan 430079, P R China
Oncol Rep 15:589-94. 2006Cherubism (CBM) and central giant cell granuloma (CGCG) of the jaw and giant cell tumor (GCT) of the long bone are clinically different diseases. Histologically, they are all multinucleated giant cell (MGC)-containing lesions...
- Granular cell tumor of the penis shaft: case report and literature reviewA Dema
Department of Pathology, University of Medicine and Pharmacy V Babes, Timisoara, Romania
Chirurgia (Bucur) 104:359-62. 2009Granular cell tumors (GCT) are uncommon soft tissue neoplasms of presumed neural origin that rarely involve the male external genitalia. Penile lesions are distinctly uncommon with less than 20 cases reported till now.
- Identification of markers of possible prognostic value in 57 giant cell tumors of boneGabriella Gamberi
Laboratory of Oncologic Research, Rizzoli Orthopaedic Institute, I 40136 Bologna, Italy
Oncol Rep 10:351-6. 2003Giant cell tumor of bone (GCT) is a neoplasm characterized by the presence of large numbers of multinucleated osteoclast-like giant cells, together with mononuclear spindle-shaped cells...
- Human endogenous retrovirus (HERV)-K transcripts in gonadoblastomas and gonadoblastoma-derived germ cell tumoursH Herbst
Institut fur Pathologie, Universitatskrankenhaus Eppendorf, Hamburg, Germany
Virchows Arch 434:11-5. 1999..abnormal or dysgenetic gonads, often transforming to invasive seminomatous and nonseminomatous germ cell tumours (GCT)...
- Gene expression of monocyte chemoattractant protein-1 in giant cell tumors of bone osteoclastoma: possible involvement in CD68+ macrophage-like cell migrationM H Zheng
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Western Australia, Nedlands, Australia
J Cell Biochem 70:121-9. 1998Giant cell tumor of bone (GCT) is one of a few neoplasms in which the macrophage/osteoclast precursor cells and osteoclast-like giant cells infiltrate the tumor mass...
- Granular cell tumor of the cecum with extensive hyalinization and calcification: a case reportRan Hong
Department of Pathology, Chosun University School of Medicine, Gwangju 501 140, South Korea
World J Gastroenterol 15:3315-8. 2009A granular cell tumor (GCT) is a benign neoplasm of unclear histogenesis that is generally believed to be of nerve sheath origin...
- Juvenile granulosa cell tumor of the ovary presenting with pleural effusion and ascitesHarpreet Kaur
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research PGIMER, Chandigarh, India
Int J Clin Oncol 14:78-81. 2009Juvenile granulosa cell tumor (GCT) is a rare tumor, and the majority (90%) are reported in the prepubertal or under-30-year age group, in contrast to the adult type, which is more common in the fifth decade...
- Analysis of oral glucose tolerance test in pregnant women with abnormal glucose metabolismHui Xia Yang
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Peking University First Hospital, Beijing 100034, China
Chin Med J (Engl) 118:995-9. 2005..tolerance (GIGT) and to evaluate the effect of omission of the third-hour plasma glucose (PG) level in OGTT on the sensitivity of diagnosing GDM and GIGT, and the relationship between PG values of 50 g GCT or OGTT and insulin therapy.
- Increased serum retinol-binding protein 4 concentrations in women with gestational diabetes mellitusTe Fu Chan
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Graduate Institute of Medicine, College of Medicine, Kaohsiung Medical University Hospital, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Kaohsiung Medical University Hospital
Reprod Sci 14:169-74. 2007..Serum RBP4 concentrations at glucose challenge test (GCT) were significantly higher in the GDM group (42.4 +/- 13.8 ng/mL) than in the healthy control group (32.0 +/- 8...
- Glucose intolerance in pregnancy and future risk of pre-diabetes or diabetesRavi Retnakaran
Leadership Sinai Centre for Diabetes, Mount Sinai Hospital, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Diabetes Care 31:2026-31. 2008....
- Inhibin-activin receptor subunit gene expression in ovarian tumorsPeter J Fuller
Prince Henry s Institute of Medical Research and Monash University, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Monash Medical Center, Clayton, Victoria 3168, Australia
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 87:1395-401. 2002Granulosa cell tumors of the ovary (GCT) express the inhibin subunit genes and secrete dimeric inhibin. Transgenic mice null for the alpha-inhibin gene develop GCT...
- Granular cell tumor: immunohistochemical assessment of inhibin-alpha, protein gene product 9.5, S100 protein, CD68, and Ki-67 proliferative index with clinical correlationBrian H Le
Department of Pathology, Penn State University College of Medicine, Hershey, PA, USA
Arch Pathol Lab Med 128:771-5. 2004Granular cell tumor (GCT) is a rare tumor of nerve sheath origin with a predilection for upper aerodigestive tract, skin, and soft tissue...
- MHC class I chain-related gene a alleles distinguish malnutrition-modulated diabetes, insulin-dependent diabetes, and non-insulin- dependent diabetes mellitus patients from eastern IndiaC B Sanjeevi
Department of Molecular Medicine, Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden
Ann N Y Acad Sci 958:341-4. 2002..Sequence determination of the MIC-A gene identifies trinucleotide repeat (GCT) microsatellite polymorphism in exon 5...
- TCam-2 but not JKT-1 cells resemble seminoma in cell cultureD Eckert
Abteilung für Entwicklungspathologie, Institut fur Pathologie, Universitat Bonn, Sigmund Freud Strasse 25, 53127, Bonn, Germany
Cell Tissue Res 331:529-38. 2008Of all malignancies diagnosed in men between 17 and 45 years of age, 60% are germ cell tumors (GCT). GCT arise from carcinoma in situ cells, which are thought to originate from a transformed fetal germ cell, the gonocyte...
- A population-based risk factor scoring will decrease unnecessary testing for the diagnosis of gestational diabetes mellitusEray Caliskan
SSK Ankara Maternity and Women s Health Teaching Hospital, Etlik, Ankara, Turkey
Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand 83:524-30. 2004..To determine the effectiveness of a population-based risk factor scoring to decrease unnecessary testing for the diagnosis of gestational diabetes mellitus (GDM)...
- A newly developed gel centrifugation test for quantification of RBC-bound IgG antibodies and their subclasses IgG1 and IgG3: comparison with flow cytometryRainer Lynen
Department of Transfusion Medicine, University of Gottingen, Gottingen, Germany
Transfusion 42:612-8. 2002Novel gel centrifugation test (GCT) cards were evaluated with respect to their ability to estimate the quantity of IgG on RBCs and the determination of the IgG subclasses IgG1 and IgG3.
- [Germ-cell tumors of the central nervous system in childhood: retrospective study of 13 patients]J Voirin
Service de Neurochirurgie, Departement de Neurochirurgie, bâtiment neurologique, Hopital Central, CHU de Nancy, 29, Avenue du Marechal de Lattre de Tassigny, C O n 34, 54035 Nancy Cedex, France
Neurochirurgie 54:55-62. 2008Germ cell tumors (GCT) of the central nervous system are rare (2% of all brain tumors in children)...
- Four thiol peroxidases contain a conserved GCT catalytic motif and act as a versatile array of lipid peroxidases in Anabaena sp. PCC7120Mee Kyung Cha
Department of Biochemistry, Paichai University, 439 6 Doma 2 Dong Seo Gu, Taejon 302 735, Republic of Korea
Free Radic Biol Med 42:1736-48. 2007..derived from various cyanobacteria genomes, we designated the seven putative TPx members as VCP, VCT, TCS, and GCT clusters according to the sequence of their conserved catalytic motif...
- Human glutaminyl cyclase and bacterial zinc aminopeptidase share a common fold and active siteRachell E Booth
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, Texas State University San Marcos, San Marcos, TX 78666, USA
BMC Biol 2:2. 2004b>Glutaminyl cyclase (QC) forms the pyroglutamyl residue at the amino terminus of numerous secretory peptides and proteins. We previously proposed the mammalian QC has some features in common with zinc aminopeptidases...
- Single-band mucosectomy for granular cell tumor of the esophagus: safe and easy techniqueG Battaglia
Istituto Oncologico Veneto IOV, via Giogtinian 12, Padova, 35100, Italy
Surg Endosc 20:1296-8. 2006..The single-band mucosectomy technique was used to remove a granular cell tumor (GCT) of the esophagus. Only 3% of GCTs, which are relatively uncommon neoplasms, arise in the esophagus...
- Hypertensive disorders in Japanese women with gestational glucose intoleranceKei Miyakoshi
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, School of Medicine, Keio University, 35 Shinanomachi, Shinjuku ku, Tokyo 160 8582, Japan
Diabetes Res Clin Pract 64:201-5. 2004..Consecutive Japanese women with singleton pregnancies underwent a standard 1h, 50g oral glucose challenge test (GCT) at 24-27 weeks of gestation, followed by a 75g, 2h oral glucose tolerance test (OGTT) if the GCT result exceeded ..
- [Diagnostic of gestational diabetes mellitus and the prevalence of LGA (Large for Gestational Age)]Monika Szymanska
I Katedra i Klinika Połoznictwa i Ginekologii w Warszawie
Ginekol Pol 79:177-81. 2008..The aim of the study was to examine the influence of time and diagnostic method of GDM on the prevalence of LGA and pregnancy outcome among patients with gestational diabetes...
- Small fetal abdominal circumference in the second trimester and subsequent low maternal plasma glucose after a glucose challenge test is associated with the delivery of a small-for-gestational age neonateJ L Bienstock
Division of Maternal Fetal Medicine, Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, The Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions, Baltimore, MD, USA
Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 31:517-9. 2008To evaluate the predictive value of a combination of the 1 h 50-g glucose challenge test (GCT) and second-trimester ultrasound measurement of fetal abdominal circumference (AC) in identifying patients who will go on to deliver small-for-..
- Intense 201 Tl uptake in giant-cell tumour of boneT Higuchi
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Kanazawa University School of Medicine, Japan
Nucl Med Commun 23:595-9. 2002..was to determine the characteristics and clinical usefulness of 201Tl scintigraphy in giant-cell tumour of bone (GCT)...
- Colorectal granular cell tumor: a clinicopathologic study of 26 casesAatur D Singhi
Department of Pathology, Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions, Baltimore, MD 21231 2410, USA
Am J Surg Pathol 34:1186-92. 2010Granular cell tumor (GCT) is commonly located in the subcutaneous tissue and oral cavity, and uncommon in the gastrointestinal tract, in which the majority arises in the esophagus with over-representation in African Americans (AA)...
- Pediatric primary central nervous system germ cell tumors of different prognosis groups show characteristic miRNome traits and chromosome copy number variationsHsei Wei Wang
School of Life Sciences, Institute of Microbiology and Immunology, National Yang Ming University, Taipei, Taiwan
BMC Genomics 11:132. 2010..The second group of tumors requires more extensive drug and irradiation treatment regimens. The mechanisms underlying the differences in incidence and prognosis of the various GCT subgroups are unclear.
- Importance of angulate bodies in the diagnosis of granular cell tumors (schwannomas)P H Carstens
Department of Pathology, University of Louisville School of Medicine, Kentucky 40292
Ultrastruct Pathol 17:271-8. 1993..ABs appear to have been forgotten, and the diagnosis of GCT currently depends solely upon the presence of large lysosomes...
- [Granular cell tumor of the orbit]I Sterker
Klinik und Poliklinik für Augenheilkunde, Universitatsklinikum Leipzig, Liebigstrasse 10 14, 04103 Leipzig
Ophthalmologe 104:803-5. 2007Granular cell tumor (GCT, Abrikossoff tumor) is an extremely rare, benign tumor with a neurogenic origin occurring most commonly in the upper aerodigestive tract...
- Chemotherapy for good-risk germ cell tumors: current concepts and controversiesDavid J Vaughn
Division of Hematology Oncology, Abramson Cancer Center of the University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19104 4283, USA
Urol Clin North Am 34:171-7; abstract viii-ix. 2007..chemotherapy has evolved such that approximately 90% of patients who have good-risk metastatic germ cell tumor (GCT) will be cured of their disease...
- Molecular analysis of circulating tumor cells in peripheral blood from patients with germ cell tumor: a quantitative approachI H Wong
25F, 4B, The Tolo Place, Ma On Shan, Shatin, New Territories, Hong Kong
Int J Mol Med 6:491-4. 2000Germ cell tumor (GCT) is one of the few malignancies in which recurrent patients would have a good chance of cure by chemotherapy...
- Incidence of large-for-gestational age newborn: a comparison between pregnant women with abnormal and normal screening test for gestational diabetesJiraporn Luengmettakul
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Faculty of Medicine Siriraj Hospital, Mahidol University, Bangkoknoi, Bangkok 10700, Thailand
J Med Assoc Thai 90:432-6. 2007To evaluate the incidence of large-for-gestational age (LGA) newborn between pregnant women with abnormal and normal glucose challenge test (GCT).
- Primary giant cell tumor of soft tissues similar to bone giant cell tumor: A case report and literature reviewJ L Rodriguez-Peralto
Department of Pathology, University Hospital 12 de Octubre, Ctra de Andalucia Km 5400, 28041 Madrid, Spain
Pathol Int 51:60-3. 2001In this report we describe a primary giant cell tumor (GCT) of soft tissues located in the left dorsal wrist of a 52-year-old man. Plain radiographs did not reveal any lesion in his carpal or hand bones...
- Recurrence of curetted and bone-grafted giant-cell tumours with and without adjuvant phenol therapyK Trieb
Department of Orthopaedics, University of Vienna, Vienna, Austria
Eur J Surg Oncol 27:200-2. 2001Giant-cell tumour of bone (GCT) represents 5% of all primary bone tumours. The aim of this study was to compare the outcome of GCT treated with or without phenol.
- GnRH agonist therapy in a patient with recurrent ovarian granulosa cell tumorsHyun Jung Kim
Department of Internal Medicine, Soonchunhyang University College of Medicine, Bucheon Hospital, Bucheon, Korea
J Korean Med Sci 24:535-8. 2009..its long and indolent course and the low metabolic rate of the tumors, advanced or recurrent granulosa cell tumor (GCT) requires treatment options beyond chemotherapy, surgery, and radiotherapy...
- Third-line chemotherapy and novel agents for metastatic germ cell tumorsChristine M Veenstra
Division of Hematology Oncology, University of Pennsylvania, 16 Penn Tower, 3400 Spruce, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Hematol Oncol Clin North Am 25:577-91, ix. 2011Although germ cell tumors (GCT) are among the most curable solid tumors, a subset of patients with GCT experience relapse or progression despite appropriate cisplatin-based therapy or first-line salvage therapy...
- Gestational diabetes mellitus identification based on self-monitoring of blood glucoseCatherine Allard
Centre de Recherche du Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Sherbrooke, Sherbrooke, Quebec, Canada
Can J Diabetes 39:162-8. 2015..GDM screening during the first trimester for all pregnant women based on a 50 g glucose challenge test (50 g GCT) followed directly by capillary self-monitoring blood glucose (SMBG) at home...
- Partial-limb salvage after persistent infection in the distal femoral prosthesis: straight-plasty--a novel techniqueZile Singh Kundu
Department of Orthopaedics and Rehabilitation, PGIMS, Rohtak, Haryana, India 124001
J Coll Physicians Surg Pak 24:213-5. 2014A 35 years old female had giant cell tumour (GCT) of the distal femur for which wide resection and distal femoral endoprosthetic replacement was performed...
- Giant cell tumor complicating Paget disease of long boneBenjamin Hoch
Department of Pathology, Mount Sinai Medical Center, One Gustave L Levy Place, Box 1194, New York, NY 07422, USA
Skeletal Radiol 36:973-8. 2007Giant cell tumor (GCT) is a rare complication of Paget disease of bone. It usually occurs in the skull or pelvic bones of patients with long-standing polyostotic disease...
- Histomorphological and immunohistochemical characterization of equine granulosa cell tumoursC Ellenberger
Institute of Pathology, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, University of Leipzig, Germany
J Comp Pathol 136:167-76. 2007..Availability permitting, serum samples from GCT-affected mares before and several weeks after ovariectomy were examined for the following hormones: oestradiol, ..
- Use of fluorodeoxyglucose positron emission tomography scans in patients with advanced germ cell tumour following chemotherapy: single-centre experience with long-term follow upC S Karapetis
Department of Medical Oncology, Guy s Hospital, London, United Kingdom
Intern Med J 33:427-35. 2003..emission tomography (FDG-PET) may detect residual or recurrent malignancy in patients with germ cell tumours (GCT) following chemotherapy...
- Polymorphism of the MICA gene and risk for oral submucous fibrosisChung Ji Liu
Departments of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Taipei Mackay Memorial Hospital, School of Dentistry, National Yang Ming University, Taipei, Taiwan
J Oral Pathol Med 33:1-6. 2004..The MICA gene has a triplet repeat (GCT) polymorphism in the transmembrane domain resulting in five distinct allelic patterns.
- Proton beam therapy for loco-regional control of a recurrent mixed malignant germ cell tumor of the skull in a 22-month-old girlG Calaminus
Pediatric Hematology and Oncology, University Munster, Munster, Germany
Klin Padiatr 222:175-9. 2010Germ cell tumors (GCT) situated in the head and neck region are very rare and occur predominantely in newborns or young infants...
- The Psychological Inventory of Criminal Thinking Styles and Psychopathy Checklist: screening version as incrementally valid predictors of recidivismGlenn D Walters
Psychology Services, Federal Correctional Institution, FCI Schuylkill, P O Box 700, Schuylkill, Minersville, Pennsylvania 17954 0700, USA
Law Hum Behav 33:497-505. 2009..The PICTS General Criminal Thinking (GCT) score was found to predict general recidivism and serious recidivism when age, prior charges, and the PCL:SV were ..
- [Diagnosis and management of granular cell tumor of the larynx]Dan Lv
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, West China Hospital, Sichuan University, Chengdu 610041, China
Lin Chung Er Bi Yan Hou Tou Jing Wai Ke Za Zhi 27:116-8. 2013To investigate the histogenesis, morphological features and biologic behaviors of granular cell tumor(GCT) of the larynx.
- Multiple granular cell tumors are an associated feature of LEOPARD syndrome caused by mutation in PTPN11K A Schrader
Department of Medical Genetics, University of British Columbia, British Columbia, Canada
Clin Genet 75:185-9. 2009..with molecularly characterized LS and provides the first molecular evidence linking granular cell tumors (GCT) to the Ras/mitogen-activated protein (MAP) kinase pathway. We propose that MGCT can be associated with LS...
- False-positive 1-hour glucose challenge test and adverse perinatal outcomesDavid M Stamilio
Center for Clinical Epidemiology and Biostatistics and Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Pennsylvania Health System, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
Obstet Gynecol 103:148-56. 2004To determine whether a false-positive 1-hour glucose challenge test (GCT) is associated with perinatal complications.
- Molecular characterization of tick salivary gland glutaminyl cyclaseSteven W Adamson
Department of Biological Sciences, The University of Southern Mississippi, 118 College Drive 5018, Hattiesburg, MS 39406, USA
Insect Biochem Mol Biol 43:781-93. 2013b>Glutaminyl cyclase (QC) catalyzes the cyclization of N-terminal glutamine residues into pyroglutamate...
- Granular cell tumor of the neurohypophysis: case report and review of the literatureLeonard Saiegh
Department of Endocrinology, Bnai Zion Medical Center, Haifa, Israel
Neuro Endocrinol Lett 34:331-8. 2013..by the fronto-temporal approach, and histology met the diagnosis of neurohypophesial granular cell tumor (GCT)...
- Fourth ventricular mixed germ cell tumor demonstrating adipose tissue in a young adultAkihiro Kuriu
Department of Radiology, Kinki University School of Medicine, Osaka Sayama, Japan
Jpn J Radiol 28:166-8. 2010We report a case of fourth ventricular mixed germ cell tumor (GCT) in a 20-year-old man. Neuroradiological investigations revealed a fourth ventricular hemorrhagic tumor with adipose tissue...
- Outcome analysis of patients with transformed teratoma to primitive neuroectodermal tumorY Ehrlich
Department of Urology, Melvin and Bren Simon Cancer Center, Indianapolis, IN, USA
Ann Oncol 21:1846-50. 2010The emergence of a primitive neuroectodermal tumor (PNET) within a germ-cell tumor (GCT) is rare. We assess the prognosis and response to treatment.
- Successful treatment of metastatic βHCG-secreting germ cell tumor occurring 3 years after total resection of a pineal mature teratomaStefania Cardellicchio
Neuro Oncology Unit, Department of Paediatric Medicine, Meyer Children s University Hospital, viale G Pieraccini 24, 50139, Florence, Italy
Eur J Pediatr 173:1011-5. 2014..underwent chemotherapy with PEI (cis-platinum, etoposide, ifosfamide) followed by radiation therapy according to the SIOP CNS GCT protocol. The patient is currently alive without evidence of disease 35 months after starting therapy.
- Kinetics of tumor marker decline as an independent prognostic factor in patients with relapsed metastatic germ-cell tumorsM Mego
Department of Medical Oncology, Comenius University, Bratislava, Slovakia
Neoplasma 56:398-403. 2009..chemotherapy was shown to predict survival in patients with poor prognosis non-seminomatous germ cell tumors (GCT) in the first line. The aim of the study was to assess the prognostic value of STMD in relapsed GCT;s patients...
- Primary malignancy in giant cell tumor: a case reportRosalvo Zosimo Bispo Junior
Department of Orthopedics and Traumatology, Faculdade de Medicina, Universidade de Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Sao Paulo Med J 127:310-3. 2009Primary malignancy in giant cell tumor (PMGCT) is rare. It is defined as a high-grade sarcoma originating in a giant cell tumor (GCT) and seems to behave less aggressively than its secondary counterpart does.
- Pituicytoma, spindle cell oncocytoma, and granular cell tumor: clarification and meta-analysis of the world literature since 1893M F Covington
Department of Pathology, University of Utah School of Medicine, Salt Lake City, UT, USA
AJNR Am J Neuroradiol 32:2067-72. 2011Pituicytoma, SCO, and GCT are poorly understood entities with confusing nomenclature and undetermined imaging characteristics...
- 3D gastric computed tomography as a new imaging in patients with failure or complication after bariatric surgeryMarie Cécile Blanchet
Service de Chirurgie Digestive, Hopital de la Croix Rousse, Lyon, France
Obes Surg 20:1727-33. 2010..In our centre, we have developed 3D gastric computed tomography with air (3D-GCT)...
- Reovirus serotype 1/strain Lang-stimulated activation of antigen-specific T lymphocytes in Peyer's patches and distal gut-mucosal sites: activation status and cytotoxic mechanismsMantej S Bharhani
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, SC 29425, USA
J Immunol 174:3580-9. 2005..Our earlier studies demonstrated that germinal center and T cell Ag (GCT) is a marker which identifies reovirus 1/L-specific precursor CTL and effector CTL in Peyer's patches (PP) of ..
- Surgical resection and reconstruction for a giant cell tumor of the anterior ribAkira Mogi
Department of General Surgical Science, Gunma University Graduate School of Medicine, 3 39 22 Showa machi, Maebashi, Gunma 371 8511, Japan
Gen Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 60:233-6. 2012..GCTs rarely appear in the ribs. We report a case of a GCT originating from the anterior arc of the fourth rib in a 31-year-old man who presented with a progressively growing ..
- Osteosarcoma arising from giant cell tumor of bone ten years after primary surgery: a case report and review of the literatureKo Hashimoto
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Tohoku University Graduate School of Medicine, Sendai, Japan
Tohoku J Exp Med 208:157-62. 2006Giant cell tumor of the bone (GCT) is a relatively uncommon tumor. It is characterized by the presence of multinucleated giant cells. GCT is a primary benign tumor but may evolve into a malignant tumor, usually after irradiation...
- Lipoprotein lipase and endothelial lipase in human testis and in germ cell neoplasmsJ E Nielsen
University Department of Growth and Reproduction, Rigshospitalet, Copenhagen, Denmark
Int J Androl 33:e207-15. 2010..and lipoprotein lipase (LPL) mRNA and protein expression in normal human testis and testicular germ cell tumours (GCT). Both EL and LPL were expressed in normal seminiferous tubules and in the interstitial compartment...
- Gonadal development and tumor formation at the crossroads of male and female sex determinationM Cools
Division of Pediatric Endocrinology, Department of Pediatrics, University Hospital Ghent and Ghent University, Belgium martine cools ugent be
Sex Dev 5:167-80. 2011Malignant germ cell tumor (GCT) formation is a well-known complication in the management of patients with a disorder of sex development (DSD)...
- Detection of peri-synaptic amyloid-β pyroglutamate aggregates in early stages of Alzheimer's disease and in AβPP transgenic mice using a novel monoclonal antibodyMarkus Mandler
AFFiRiS AG, Vienna Biocenter, Vienna, Austria
J Alzheimers Dis 28:783-94. 2012..Among them, recent studies indicate that the pyroglutamate modification of Aβ (pE(3)Aβ) catalyzed by glutaminyl cyclase might play an important role in the pathogenesis of AD...
- Granulosa cell tumor of the broad ligament: report of a case with emphasis on the differential diagnosis with female adnexal tumor of probable Wolffian originBernard Czernobilsky
Patho Lab Diagnostics, Ness Ziona, Israel
Int J Surg Pathol 19:783-6. 2011This is a report of a paratubal adult granulosa cell tumor (GCT) located within the right broad ligament in a 62-year-old woman. These are rare tumors with only 8 cases reported so far...
- Granulosa cell tumor and endometrial cancer: a case report and review of the literatureM Busquets
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Sant Joan de Déu University Hospital, Barcelona, Spain
Eur J Gynaecol Oncol 31:575-8. 2010..We report an atypical case of ovarian cancer with the aim of reviewing the clinical features of GCT, as well as its prognosis, treatment and follow-up recommendations, according to the available literature.
- X-linked Foxp3 (Scurfy) mutation dominantly inhibits submandibular gland development and inflammation respectively through adaptive and innate immune mechanismsRahul Sharma
Center for Inflammation, Immunity, and Regenerative Medicine, Department of Medicine, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA 22908 0412, USA
J Immunol 183:3212-8. 2009..A strong correlation was observed between the development of the granular convoluted tubules (GCT) of the SMG in these mice and SMG resistance to inflammation. Moreover, GCT development in Sf...
- Germ cell tumours in neonates and infants: a distinct subgroup?Imke M Veltman
Department of Human Genetics, University Medical Center Nijmegen, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
APMIS 111:152-60; discussion 160. 2003..Recently, two cases of infantile GCT were detected with constitutional 12q13 translocations...
- Diagnosis of gestational diabetes mellitus: can we avoid the glucose challenge test?Joan E Crete
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, St Luke s Hospital and Health Network, Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
J Am Assoc Nurse Pract 25:329-33. 2013..in patients who had either a normal or abnormal glucose tolerance test (GTT) after failing the initial glucose challenge test (GCT). If identified, consideration can be given to circumvent the glucose challenge test for those at risk.
- The influence of adjuvants on local recurrence rate in giant cell tumour of the boneM F Pietschmann
Department of Orthopaedics, Campus Grosshadern, Ludwig Maximilians University, Munich, Germany
Acta Chir Belg 110:584-9. 2010Intralesional surgery of giant cell tumour of the bone (GCT) may result in a high rate of local recurrence...
- Silencing of the UCHL1 gene in giant cell tumors of boneJorg Fellenberg
Department of Experimental Orthopaedics, Orthopaedic University Hospital Heidelberg, University of Heidelberg, Heidelberg, Germany
Int J Cancer 127:1804-12. 2010..cells develop from mesenchymal stem cells (MSCs) but little is known about the molecular mechanisms involved in GCT tumorigenesis...
- Cyclin D as a Retinoid Differentiation Molecular TargetEthan Dmitrovsky; Fiscal Year: 2013..will provide critical insights into the Hh pathway in regulating apoptosis, self-renewal or differentiation of GCT or other tumors...
- Mouse model for juvenile granulosa cell tumorogenesisROSEMARY STEINEMETZ; Fiscal Year: 2004..In order to test the hypothesis that the FSH-R pathway is involved in GCT pathogenesis, we will utilize a unique mouse model for GCT formation...
- The Charge Study: Childhood Autism Risks from Genetics and the EnvironmentIrva Hertz-Picciotto; Fiscal Year: 2013..First, obesity and type 2 or gestational diabetes will be examined in a larger sample, and glucose challenge test (GCT) results for the first time, to determine associations not only with development of ASD and intellectual impairment ..
- Pyroglutamate Amyloid-beta as an Immunotherapeutic Target for Alzheimer's DiseaseCynthia A Lemere; Fiscal Year: 2013..A[unreadable] is generated upon N-terminal truncation of A[unreadable] followed by cyclization by glutaminyl cyclase to convert glutamic acid at residues 3 and 11 to pyroglutamate (A[unreadable]pE3 and A[unreadable]pE11)...
- Molecular Epidemiology of Pediatric Germ Cell TumorsJenny N Poynter; Fiscal Year: 2013..Cases of pediatric GCT (ages 0-19 years) diagnosed from July 1, 2008-December 31, 2015 will be identified through the CCRN and will be ..
- A pilot study of DNA methylation in pediatric germ cell tumorsJenny N Poynter; Fiscal Year: 2010..by environmental exposures, with the goal of establishing a large genetic epidemiology study of pediatric GCT in the Children's Oncology Group...
- Aminopeptidases for Neurotoxic Pyroglutamate Beta-Amyloid of Alzheimers DiseaseVivian Y H Hook; Fiscal Year: 2013..aminopeptidase enzymes generate A [unreadable] (3-40/42) which is converted to pGluA[unreadable](3-40/42) by glutaminyl cyclase (QC)...
- TRAINING GRANT IN MOLECULAR MECHANISMS OF TOXICITY.Mary Vore; Fiscal Year: 2013..The Training Program is based in the Graduate Center for Toxicology (GCT), a basic science department in the College of Medicine that grants the Ph.D...
- Agilent 6550 QTOF system for U of UtahJAMES ERIC COX; Fiscal Year: 2013..This system will complement our current Waters GCT-Premier GC-MS and will be used immediately at full capacity...
- CYTIDYLYTRANSFERASE STRUCTURE & FUNCTIONClaudia Kent; Fiscal Year: 2003..which included CTP:phosphoethanolamine cytidylytransferase (ECT) and CTP:glycerol-3-phosphate cytidylyltransferase (GCT). ECT participates in the CDP-ethanolamine pathway for phosphatidylethanolamine biosynthesis in eukaryotes...
- EGF GENE REGULATION IN KIDNEY AND SUBMANDIBULAR GLANDRUTH GUBITS; Fiscal Year: 1990..The major source of mouse EGF is the granular convoluted tubule (GCT) cells of the submandibular salivary gland, which also produce nerve growth factor, renin and kallikreins...
- Oct-4 Regulates Embryonal Carcinoma DifferentiationRobert Hromas; Fiscal Year: 2007An intriguing characteristic of metastatic embryonal carcinoma, a type of germ cell tumor (GCT), is that they are able to differentiate to localized teratoma, which is made up of more mature, slower growing tissue of all three embryonic ..
- CLINICAL CORRELATIVE STUDIES IN GERM CELL TUMORSGeorge Bosl; Fiscal Year: 2000..g., bax, bcl-2, p21) will be assessed. His preliminary data in two GCT cell lines (one drug-sensitive (TP53 wild-type) and one drug-resistant (TP53 mutant)) show failure to upregulate ..
- MALIGNANT GERM CELL TUMORS IN CHILDRENXiao Shu; Fiscal Year: 2001DESCRIPTION: (Adapted from investigator's abstract) The etiology of germ cell tumors (GCT) is poorly understood...
- ANTIOXIDANT ENZYMES AND CARDIAC INJURYDaret St Clair; Fiscal Year: 2000..courses but will also participate in a number of team-taught courses offered by the Graduate Center for Toxicology (GCT)...
- Therapeutic/Mechanistic Role of Ape1 in Germ Cell TumorsMark Kelley; Fiscal Year: 2007DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Therapy for disseminated germ cell tumors (GCT) has been successful with 70-80% of patients being cured with front line chemotherapy...
- BIOLOGY OF HIGH RISK GERM CELL NEOPLASIALawrence Einhorn; Fiscal Year: 2001OVERALL DESCRIPTION (Applicant's Description): Germ cell tumors (GCT), while uncommon, are still the leading cause of cancer in young adult males...
- Development of an Aging and Cancer Program at MSKCCGeorge Bosl; Fiscal Year: 2007..Through this planning grant, MSKCC will formally expand its research activities in cancer biology and management in the aging population so that it will become a key component of its NCI-funded CCSG. ..
- CLINICAL TRIALS AND MENTORING IN ONCOLOGY RESEARCHRobert Motzer; Fiscal Year: 2003..Germ cell tumor (GCT) of the testis is considered a model for the curable cancer, with 70 percent of patients with advanced GCT cured by ..
- Molecular Basis Of Renal Cell Carcinoma Response to SU11428Robert J Motzer; Fiscal Year: 2011..These tumor and cell line-based studies lay a foundation for further molecular studies aimed at understanding the sensitivity/resistance of RCC to SU11248. ..
- POMC Processing and Beta-Endorphine-Related Opioid PeptidesVivian Y H Hook; Fiscal Year: 2010..New findings from this project will enhance our knowledge of the complexity of biosynthetic mechanisms for endogenous opioid and neuropeptide systems. ..
- BIOSYNTHESIS OF ENKEPHALIN OPIOID PEPTIDESVivian Hook; Fiscal Year: 2009..These findings will enhance our knowledge of the complexity of the endogenous opioid system. ..
- Proteomics/Genomics of Opiate Analgesia and AddictionVivian Hook; Fiscal Year: 2004..Elucidation of distinct pathways will be significant, since it could allow future design of opiate drug regimens that provide effective analgesia, without the tolerance and dependence of addiction. ..
- IMPROVING PRIMARY CARE OF AFRICAN AMERICANS WITH NIDDMLawrence Phillips; Fiscal Year: 2001..Our interventions should delineate approaches effective in a primary care setting, as needed to improve care and prevent complications in urban African-Americans with NIDDM. ..
- MOLECULAR CYTOGENETICS OF MULTIPLE MYELOMARaju Chaganti; Fiscal Year: 2001..abstract_text> ..
- Outcomes of Cx26 Testing in Deaf/Hard of Hearing AdultsChristina Palmer; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- Genetic Epidemiology of Adult Brain Cancer: A Follow-up StudyJianming Tang; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Impaired Glucose Challenge Test & Maternal-Fetal OutcomesXinhua Chen; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Molecular Genetics of Cervical Cancer ProgressionMurty Vundavalli; Fiscal Year: 2004..The data generated from these studies will be used to determine the clinical significance and to develop a genetic prognostic model for identifying high-risk CINs that progress into invasive cancer. ..
- Cardiovascular Risk in Testicular Cancer SurvivorsDavid Vaughn; Fiscal Year: 2004..However, prior to initiating an intervention study, these parameters need to be explicated. ..
- MAPPING CHROMOSOMES AND GENES IN RELATION TO LEUKEMIARaju Chaganti; Fiscal Year: 2005..In addition, the mapping of NHL breakpoints will provide a platform for addressing breakpoints in this region found in other cancer types. ..
- Regulation of embryonic stem cellsMartin Pera; Fiscal Year: 2005..This project will use stem cell lines ES 01 02 03 04 05 06 on the NIH Embryonic Stem Cell Registry. ..
- INTEGRATED DNA SEQUENCING SYSTEMVivian Hook; Fiscal Year: 2002..abstract_text> ..
- Connexin 26 Testing in InfantsChristina Palmer; Fiscal Year: 2005..A large cohort of infants and toddlers will be followed for up to three years to fully evaluate the audiologic phenotype of infants and data will be compared based on Cx26 genotype. ..
- DNA Methylation as an Epigenetic Host Factor in HIV/AIDSJianming Tang; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- NEUROENDOCRINE CONTROL OF REPRODUCTIVE BEHAVIORLAUREN RITERS; Fiscal Year: 2003..In addition, this research could lay the groundwork for future studies on the etiology of disorders related to sexual arousal...
- GENES, ANTICARCINOGENS AND COLON NEOPLASMSHenry Lin; Fiscal Year: 2006..Results may lead to better understanding of protective mechanisms involving aspirin and nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs. ..
- Screening for IGT: Glucose Challenge vs Predictive ModelLawrence Phillips; Fiscal Year: 2007..Hypotheses: Two-step screening by a one hour oral glucose challenge test (GCT) followed, if abnormal, by an OGTT will have good predictive ability to identify IGT, and will be superior to "..
- Serpin Protease Inhibitors & Opioid NeuropeptidesVivian Hook; Fiscal Year: 2006..Serpin regulation of opioid peptides that mediate analgesia and stress may lead to development of new therapeutic approaches in pain and neurologic disease. ..