Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: GLUT1
Description: solute carrier family 2 member 1
Alias: CSE, DYT17, DYT18, DYT9, EIG12, GLUT, GLUT-1, GLUT1, GLUT1DS, HTLVR, PED, SDCHCN, solute carrier family 2, facilitated glucose transporter member 1, choreoathetosis/spasticity, episodic (paroxysmal choreoathetosis/spasticity), glucose transporter type 1, erythrocyte/brain, hepG2 glucose transporter, human T-cell leukemia virus (I and II) receptor, receptor for HTLV-1 and HTLV-2, solute carrier family 2 (facilitated glucose transporter), member 1
Publications247 found, 100 shown here
- Reduction of red cell glucose transporter intrinsic activity in diabetes runningR J Comi
Department of Medicine, Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center, Lebanon, New Hampshire
Horm Metab Res 26:26-32. 1994..Activity of the glucose transporting protein (GLUT-1) was measured by determining the first order rate constant for uptake of sorbose, a sugar transported by GLUT-1...
- The glut 1 glucose transporter interacts with calnexin and calreticulinJ D Oliver
School of Biological Sciences, University of Manchester, 2 205 Stopford Building, Oxford Road, Manchester M13 9PT, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 271:13691-6. 1996..A truncated version of the integral membrane glycoprotein Glut 1 (GT155) was synthesized in a rabbit reticulocyte translation system in the presence of canine pancreatic ..
- Glucose affinity for the glucose transporter Glut1 in native or reconstituted lipid bilayers. Temperature-dependence study by biomembrane affinity chromatographyA Lundqvist
Department of Biochemistry, Uppsala University, Sweden
J Chromatogr A 776:87-91. 1997The affinity of D-glucose and the transport inhibitor cytochalasin B (CB) for the glucose transporter Glut1 was studied at 5-42 degrees C by quantitative frontal affinity chromatography on sterically immobilized human red cell membrane ..
- Biomembrane-affinity centrifugal analyses of solute interactions with membrane proteinsA Lundqvist
Department of Biochemistry, Biomedical Center, Uppsala University, Sweden
J Chromatogr A 852:93-6. 1999..Biospecific interactions of cytochalasin B and D-glucose with the human red cell glucose transporter, Glut1, were analyzed...
- Voluntary running improves glucose tolerance and insulin resistance in female spontaneously hypertensive ratsT L LaPier
Department of Physical and Occupational Therapy, Idaho State University, Pocatello 83209, USA
Am J Hypertens 14:708-15. 2001..blood pressure, performed oral glucose tolerance tests, and determined hexokinase activity and glucose transporter (GLUT) 4 content in skeletal muscle to assess intracellular glucose metabolism...
- The prognostic value of the hypoxia markers CA IX and GLUT 1 and the cytokines VEGF and IL 6 in head and neck squamous cell carcinoma treated by radiotherapy +/- chemotherapyHarlinde De Schutter
Department of Radiation Oncology, University Hospital Gasthuisberg, Herestraat 49, B 3000 Leuven, Belgium
BMC Cancer 5:42. 2005....
- Immunohistochemical expression of the glucose transporters Glut-1 and Glut-3 in human malignant melanomas and benign melanocytic lesionsPaola Parente
Department of Anatomic Pathology, Catholic University Sacro Cuore, Rome, Italy
J Exp Clin Cancer Res 27:34. 2008..The results of many studies have demonstrated that the expression of glucose transporters, especially Glut-1, is increased in a variety of malignancies...
- Increased glucose uptake and metabolism in mesangial cells overexpressing glucose transporter 1 increases interleukin-6 and vascular endothelial growth factor production: role of AP-1 and HIF-1alphaAlbrecht Pfäfflin
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Endocrinology, University of Tubingen, Tubingen, Germany
Cell Physiol Biochem 18:199-210. 2006..First screening for altered gene expression in GLUT1 overexpressing cells (GT1) by Affymetrix microarray analysis revealed upregulation of interleukin-6 (IL-6) and ..
- Expression of hypoxia inducible factor-1alpha (HIF-1alpha) and glucose transporter-1 (GLUT-1) in ovarian adenocarcinomas: difference in hypoxic status depending on histological characterMasanori Yasuda
Department of Pathology, Saitama Medical University International Medical Center, Saitama 350 1298, Japan
Oncol Rep 19:111-6. 2008The expression of hypoxia inducible factor-1alpha (HIF-1alpha) and glucose transporter-1 (GLUT-1) was immunohistochemically analyzed in ovarian adenocarcinomas with the aim of elucidating whether hypoxic status is associated with ..
- Glucose transporter-1 expression and prognostic significance in pancreatic carcinogenesisSara Pizzi
Department of Medical Diagnostic Sciences and Special Therapies, University of Padova, Padova, Italy
Histol Histopathol 24:175-85. 2009The purposes of this study were to evaluate the prognostic significance of Glut-1 expression in patients with pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma, and to analyse its expression in pancreatic intraepithelial neoplasias (PanIN) and non ..
- Protecting the myocardium from ischemic injury: a critical role for alpha(1)-adrenoreceptors?S Salvi
Department of Medicine, Southampton General Hospital, Southampton, UK
Chest 119:1242-9. 2001..increases glucose transport inside the cardiomyocytes by translocating glucose transporter (GLUT)-1 and GLUT-4 from the cytoplasm to the plasma membrane, enhances glycogenolysis by activating phosphorylase kinase,..
- Glucose transporter type 1 expression are associated with poor prognosis in patients with salivary gland tumorsYusuke Mori
Department of Maxillofacial Diagnostic Science, Division of Pathology, Kanagawa Dental College, 82 Inaokacyo, Yokosuka, Kanagawa 238 8580, Japan
Oral Oncol 43:563-9. 2007The objective of this study was to investigate the expression of Glucose transporter type 1 (GLUT1) and its relation to clinicopathologic parameters in patients with salivary gland tumors...
- Impaired glucose transporter-1 degradation and increased glucose transport and oxidative stress in response to high glucose in chondrocytes from osteoarthritic versus normal human cartilageSusana C Rosa
Center for Neurosciences and Cell Biology, and Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Coimbra, 3004 517 Coimbra, Portugal
Arthritis Res Ther 11:R80. 2009....
- Uncovering microdeletions in patients with severe Glut-1 deficiency syndrome using SNP oligonucleotide microarray analysisBrynn Levy
Department of Pathology and Cell Biology, College of Physicians and Surgeons of Columbia University, New York, NY 10032, USA
Mol Genet Metab 100:129-35. 2010b>Glut-1 facilitates the diffusion of glucose across the blood-brain barrier and is responsible for glucose entry into the brain...
- Facilitative glucose transporter gene expression in human lymphocytes, monocytes, and macrophages: a role for GLUT isoforms 1, 3, and 5 in the immune response and foam cell formationYuchang Fu
Department of Nutrition Sciences, The University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL 35294 3360, USA
Blood Cells Mol Dis 32:182-90. 2004..Therefore, we studied the regulated expression of GLUT 1-5 mRNA and protein in isolated human lymphocytes and monocytes and in human THP-1 macrophages and foam cells...
- Hypoxia inducible factor-1 and facilitative glucose transporters GLUT1 and GLUT3: putative molecular components of the oxygen and glucose sensing apparatus in articular chondrocytesA Mobasheri
Molecular Pathogenesis and Connective Tissue Research Groups, Faculty of Veterinary Science, University of Liverpool, UK
Histol Histopathol 20:1327-38. 2005..factor alpha (HIF-1alpha) as an oxygen sensor and the hypoxia responsive facilitative glucose transporters, GLUT1 and GLUT3 as putative components of the glucose sensing apparatus in chondrocytes...
- Expression of HIF-1alpha and Glut-1 in human bladder cancerV Palit
Cancer Research Unit, University of Bradford, BD7 1DP, UK
Oncol Rep 14:909-13. 2005..HIF-1alpha upgrades many gene products which include the glucose transporter protein 1 (Glut-1)...
- Coexpression of glucose transporter 1 and matrix metalloproteinase-2 in human cancersSatoshi Ito
Department of Physiological Chemistry and Metabolism, Graduate School of Medicine, University of Tokyo, Japan
J Natl Cancer Inst 94:1080-91. 2002Cancer cells express higher levels of glucose transporter proteins (Gluts) than do normal cells. Glut-1 overexpression is associated with invasiveness...
- Vitamin C enters mitochondria via facilitative glucose transporter 1 (Glut1) and confers mitochondrial protection against oxidative injurySagan KC
Department of Pharmacology, Weill Medical College, Cornell University, New York, New York 10021, USA
FASEB J 19:1657-67. 2005..form of vitamin C, dehydroascorbic acid (DHA), enters mitochondria via facilitative glucose transporter 1 (Glut1) and accumulates mitochondrially as ascorbic acid (mtAA)...
- Hypoxic upregulation of glucose transporters in BeWo choriocarcinoma cells is mediated by hypoxia-inducible factor-1Marc U Baumann
Dept of Obstetrics, Gynecology, and Women s Health, New Jersey Medical School, 185 S Orange Ave, MSB E506, Newark, NJ 07103, USA
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 293:C477-85. 2007..b>GLUT1 expression in BeWo cells was upregulated by the hypoxia-inducing chemical agents desferroxamine and cobalt ..
- Isolated receptor binding domains of HTLV-1 and HTLV-2 envelopes bind Glut-1 on activated CD4+ and CD8+ T cellsSandrina Kinet
Institut de Genetique Moleculaire de Montpellier, Montpellier Cedex 5, France
Retrovirology 4:31. 2007We previously identified the glucose transporter Glut-1, a member of the multimembrane-spanning facilitative nutrient transporter family, as a receptor for both HTLV-1 and HTLV-2...
- Facilitative glucose transporter type 1 is differentially regulated by progesterone and estrogen in murine and human endometrial stromal cellsAntonina Frolova
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
Endocrinology 150:1512-20. 2009..In this study we examine GLUT1 expression in murine and human endometrial stromal cells (ESCs) using a primary culture system...
- Expression of Glut-1 is a prognostic marker for oral squamous cell carcinoma patientsA W Eckert
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Plastic Surgery, Martin Luther University Halle Wittenberg, D 06097 Halle Saale, Germany
Oncol Rep 20:1381-5. 2008..This study is based on samples collected from 42 patients with a primary OSCC. Immunohistochemical staining for Glut-1 was carried out and compared with the clinicopathological data...
- Analysis of hypoxia-associated gene expression in prostate cancer: lysyl oxidase and glucose transporter-1 expression correlate with Gleason scoreGrant D Stewart
Prostate Research Group, Edinburgh Cancer Research Centre, School of Molecular and Clinical Medicine, University of Edinburgh, Western General Hospital, Edinburgh EH4 2XU, UK
Oncol Rep 20:1561-7. 2008..Expression of lysyl oxidase (LOX) and glucose transporter-1 (GLUT-1) genes were significantly higher in prostate cancer compared with BPH tissue (P<0...
- A gene for autosomal dominant paroxysmal choreoathetosis/spasticity (CSE) maps to the vicinity of a potassium channel gene cluster on chromosome 1p, probably within 2 cM between D1S443 and D1S197G Auburger
Department of Neurology, University Hospital, Dusseldorf, Germany
Genomics 31:90-4. 1996..This gene locus on chromosome 12p (HGMW-approved symbol CSE) was excluded in a large pedigree with paroxysmal choreoathetosis and additional spasticity...
- Structure, function, and regulation of the mammalian facilitative glucose transporter gene familyA L Olson
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, University of Iowa, Iowa City 52242, USA
Annu Rev Nutr 16:235-56. 1996..b>GLUT1, the first GLUT isoform identified, is expressed at highest levels in the endothelial of barrier tissues such as ..
- Association of stomatin (band 7.2b) with Glut1 glucose transporterJ Z Zhang
Departments of Medicine and of Physiology and Biophysics, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio, 44106 4951, USA
Arch Biochem Biophys 372:173-8. 1999Employing a monoclonal antibody directed against the C-terminal peptide of glucose transporter molecule 1 (Glut1), we identified a approximately 30-kDa polypeptide which coimmunoprecipitated with Glut1 from sample of human red blood ..
- Diabetic microvascular complications are not associated with two polymorphisms in the GLUT-1 and PC-1 genes regulating glucose metabolism in Caucasian type 1 diabetic patientsL Tarnow
Steno Diabetes Center, Gentofte, Denmark
Nephrol Dial Transplant 16:1653-6. 2001An XbaI polymorphism in the gene encoding the glucose transporter, GLUT-1, is associated with development of diabetic nephropathy in Chinese type 2 diabetic patients...
- Structural analysis of the GLUT1 facilitative glucose transporter (review)P W Hruz
Department of Pediatrics, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Mol Membr Biol 18:183-93. 2001The structure of the human erythrocyte facilitative glucose transporter (GLUT1) has been intensively investigated using a wide array of chemical and biophysical approaches...
- Human articular chondrocytes express three facilitative glucose transporter isoforms: GLUT1, GLUT3 and GLUT9A Mobasheri
Connective Tissue Research Group, Department of Veterinary Preclinical Sciences, University of Liverpool, Liverpool, L69 7ZJ, UK
Cell Biol Int 26:297-300. 2002..Results showed that at least three GLUT isoforms (GLUT1, GLUT3 and GLUT9) are expressed by normal chondrocytes...
- The HTLV receptor is an early T-cell activation marker whose expression requires de novo protein synthesisNicolas Manel
Institut de Genetique Moleculaire de Montpellier, CNRS UMR 5535 IFR 24, F 34293 Montpellier cedex 5, France
Blood 101:1913-8. 2003..Up-regulation of the HTLV receptor, via signals transmitted through the IL-7 cytokine receptor as well as the TCR, is likely to contribute to the mother-to-infant transmission and spreading of HTLV-1...
- Molecular characterization and partial cDNA cloning of facilitative glucose transporters expressed in human articular chondrocytes; stimulation of 2-deoxyglucose uptake by IGF-I and elevated MMP-2 secretion by glucose deprivationS Richardson
Connective Tissue Research Group, Department of Veterinary Preclinical Sciences, Faculty of Veterinary Science, University of Liverpool, UK
Osteoarthritis Cartilage 11:92-101. 2003Recent evidence suggests that human chondrocytes express several facilitative glucose transporter (GLUT) isoforms and also that 2-deoxyglucose transport is accelerated by cytokine stimulation...
- The ubiquitous glucose transporter GLUT-1 is a receptor for HTLVNicolas Manel
Institut de Genetique Moleculaire de Montpellier, CNRS UMR 5535 IFR 122, F 34293 Montpellier cedex 5, France
Cell 115:449-59. 2003..receptor binding domains of both HTLV-1 and -2 envelope glycoproteins inhibit glucose transport by interacting with GLUT-1, the ubiquitous vertebrate glucose transporter...
- GLUT1 mRNA and protein expression in ovarian borderline tumors and cancerChristian Rudlowski
Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, University Hospital Heidelberg, Heidelberg, Germany
Oncology 66:404-10. 2004..The aim of the present study was to analyze the expression of different GLUT isoforms (GLUT1-4) and to investigate whether alterations in their expression pattern accompany the malignant transformation and ..
- Human T cell leukemia virus envelope binding and virus entry are mediated by distinct domains of the glucose transporter GLUT1Nicolas Manel
Institut de Genetique Moleculaire de Montpellier, CNRS UMR 5535, IFR 122, 1919 Route de Mende, F 34293 Montpellier cedex 5, France
J Biol Chem 280:29025-9. 2005The glucose transporter GLUT1, a member of the multimembrane-spanning facilitative nutrient transporter family, serves as a receptor for human T cell leukemia virus (HTLV) infection...
- Effects of chronic hypoxia in vivo on the expression of human placental glucose transportersS Zamudio
Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Women s Health, New Jersey Medical School, 185 South Orange Avenue, Newark, NJ 07103 2714, USA
Placenta 27:49-55. 2006..We therefore investigated the expression of a primary nutrient transporter, the GLUT1 glucose transporter and two in vitro markers of hypoxia (erythropoietin receptor, EPO-R, and transferrin receptor, ..
- Transmembrane segment 12 of the Glut1 glucose transporter is an outer helix and is not directly involved in the transport mechanismMike Mueckler
Department of Cell Biology and Physiology, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
J Biol Chem 281:36993-8. 2006A model has been proposed for the exofacial configuration of the Glut1 glucose transporter in which eight transmembrane domains form an inner helical bundle stabilized by four outer helices...
- Immunohistochemical detection of GLUT-1 can discriminate between reactive mesothelium and malignant mesotheliomaYasufumi Kato
Clinical Laboratory, National Cancer Center Hospital, Tokyo, Japan
Mod Pathol 20:215-20. 2007..A family of glucose transporter isoforms (GLUT), of which GLUT-1 is a member, facilitate the entry of glucose into cells...
- Stromal expression of hypoxia regulated proteins is an adverse prognostic factor in colorectal carcinomasArjen H G Cleven
Departments of Pathology, GROW Research Institute, University Hospital Maastricht, PO Box 5800, 6202 AZ Maastricht, The Netherlands
Cell Oncol 29:229-40. 2007..We studied the role of protein expression of hypoxia-inducible factor (HIF)-1alpha, HIF-2alpha, carbonic anhydrase 9 (CA9) and glucose transporter 1 (GLUT1) in patients with colorectal adenocarcinomas.
- Endogenous hypoxia markers: case not proven!Arnulf Mayer
Institute of Physiology and Pathophysiology, University of Mainz, 55099 Mainz, Germany
Adv Exp Med Biol 614:127-36. 2008..g., glucose transporter (GLUT)-1 and carbonic anhydrase (CA) IX, have been considered to be suitable as surrogate biomarkers of hypoxia due to ..
- Effects of hypoxia on glucose transport in primary equine chondrocytes in vitro and evidence of reduced GLUT1 gene expression in pathologic cartilage in vivoSiriporn Peansukmanee
Faculty of Veterinary Science, University of Liverpool, Merseyside, United Kingdom
J Orthop Res 27:529-35. 2009..chloride (CoCl(2)) on glucose transport in equine chondrocytes and compared expression of the hypoxia responsive GLUT1 gene in normal and diseased cartilage...
- Glucose transporter-1 in pulmonary neuroendocrine carcinomas: expression and survival analysisIrem H Ozbudak
Department of Pathology, University of Akdeniz School of Medicine, Antalya, Turkey
Mod Pathol 22:633-8. 2009Glucose transporter-1 (GLUT-1) mediates the transport of glucose across the cellular membrane. Its elevated levels and/or activation have been shown to be associated with malignancy...
- Model of the exofacial substrate-binding site and helical folding of the human Glut1 glucose transporter based on scanning mutagenesisMike Mueckler
Department of Cell Biology, Washington University School of Medicine, 660 South Euclid Avenue, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
Biochemistry 48:5934-42. 2009Transmembrane helix 9 of the Glut1 glucose transporter was analyzed by cysteine-scanning mutagenesis and the substituted cysteine accessibility method (SCAM)...
- Glucose transporter GLUT1 expression is an stage-independent predictor of clinical outcome in adrenocortical carcinomaWiebke Fenske
Endocrine and Diabetic Unit, Department of Internal Medicine I, University Hospital of Wurzburg, Josef Schneider Strasse 2, D 97080 Wurzburg, Germany
Endocr Relat Cancer 16:919-28. 2009..cells and in a variety of tumour entities key factors in glucose metabolism like glucose transporter 1 and 3 (GLUT1 and -3), transketolase like-1 enzyme (TKTL1) and pyruvate kinase type M2 (M2-PK) are overexpressed and of ..
- GLUT1 and GLUT3 as potential prognostic markers for Oral Squamous Cell CarcinomaFernanda Rocha Rojas Ayala
Department of Anatomic Pathology, Hospital A C Camargo, Sao Paulo, Rua Antonio Prudente, Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
Molecules 15:2374-87. 2010We associated clinical-pathological features of 142 OSCC with the expression pattern of GLUT1 and GLUT3 in order to estimate their prognostic value.
- Expression and significance of beta-catenin, Glut-1 and PTEN in proliferative endometrium, endometrial intraepithelial neoplasia and endometrioid adenocarcinomaY Xiong
Department of Gynecological Oncology, Zhongnan Hospital, Wuhan University, Wuhan, China
Eur J Gynaecol Oncol 31:160-4. 2010The aim of this study was to explore the potentiality of beta-catenin, Glut-1 and PTEN proteins as markers for a diagnosis of endometrial intraepithelial neoplasia (EIN).
- Correlation between glucose transporter-1 expression and 18F-fluoro-2-deoxyglucose uptake on positron emission tomography in lung cancerKatsuo Usuda
Department of Thoracic Surgery, Kanazawa Medical University, 1 1 Daigaku Uchinada, Ishikawa, 920 0293, Japan
Gen Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 58:405-10. 2010The aim of this study was to determine if glucose transporter-1 (Glut1) expression correlates with (18)F-FDG ((18)F-fluoro-2-deoxyglucose) uptake on positron emission tomography (PET) in lung cancer and to examine the similarities and ..
- GLUT-1 expression in pancreatic neoplasia: implications in pathogenesis, diagnosis, and prognosisOlca Basturk
Department of Pathology, New York University, New York, NY, USA
Pancreas 40:187-92. 2011b>GLUT-1 has been found to have an important role in the upregulation of various cellular pathways and implicated in neoplastic transformation correlating with biological behavior in malignancies...
- Hypoxia-associated protein expression in primary central nervous system diffuse large B-cell lymphoma: does it predict prognosis?Jung A Kim
Division of Hematology Oncology, Department of Medicine, Seoul Paik Hospital, Inje University School of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
Leuk Lymphoma 52:205-13. 2011..1α (HIF-1α) and its downstream proteins, vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) and glucose transporter 1 (GLUT-1), were evaluated in a central nervous system (CNS) lymphoma xenograft model and in human PCNSL tissue...
- Stomatin-deficient cryohydrocytosis results from mutations in SLC2A1: a novel form of GLUT1 deficiency syndromeJoanna F Flatt
Bristol Institute for Transfusion Sciences, NHS Blood and Transplant, Bristol, United Kingdom
Blood 118:5267-77. 2011..The molecular basis of the glut1DS, paroxysmal exercise-induced dyskinesia, and sdCHC phenotypes are compared and discussed.
- Biologic correlation between glucose transporters, hexokinase-II, Ki-67 and FDG uptake in malignant melanomaSeok Gun Park
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Dankook University College of Medicine, Dongnam ku, Anseo Dong, Cheonan 330 715, Republic of Korea
Nucl Med Biol 39:1167-72. 2012..association between tumoral 2-deoxy-2-[(18)F]-fluoro-D-glucose (FDG) uptake, and the expressions of glucose transporter 1 (GLUT-1), glucose transporter 3 (GLUT-3), hexokinase II (HK-2), and Ki-67 expression in malignant melanoma.
- Sequence and structure of a human glucose transporterM Mueckler
Science 229:941-5. 1985..Messenger RNA species homologous to HepG2 glucose transporter messenger RNA were detected in K562 leukemic cells, HT29 colon adenocarcinoma cells, and human kidney ..
- Autosomal dominant transmission of GLUT1 deficiencyJ Klepper
University of Essen, Department of Pediatric Neurology, Hufelandstrasse 55, D 45122 Essen, Germany
Hum Mol Genet 10:63-8. 2001b>GLUT1 deficiency is caused by a defect in the facilitative glucose transporter GLUT1...
- Role of GLUT1 gene in susceptibility to diabetic nephropathy in type 2 diabetesW Grzeszczak
Department of Internal Medicine and Diabetes, Silesian School of Medicine, Zabrze, Poland
Kidney Int 59:631-6. 2001The XbaI polymorphism in the glucose transporter GLUT1 gene has been implicated in the development of diabetic nephropathy in Chinese type 2 diabetes patients.
- Polymorphisms of the glucose transporter (GLUT1) gene are associated with diabetic nephropathyA D Hodgkinson
Molecular Medicine Research Group, University of Plymouth, Plymouth, England, United Kingdom
Kidney Int 59:985-9. 2001..Glucose transporter (GLUT1) activity has been implicated in renal hypertrophy and extracellular matrix formation in mesangial cells...
- Autosomal dominant glut-1 deficiency syndrome and familial epilepsyK Brockmann
Department of Pediatrics and Neuropediatrics, Children s Hospital, University of Goettingen, Germany
Ann Neurol 50:476-85. 2001b>Glut-1 deficiency syndrome was first described in 1991 as a sporadic clinical condition, later shown to be the result of haploinsufficiency. We now report a family with Glut-1 deficiency syndrome affecting 5 members over 3 generations...
- Minor effect of GLUT1 polymorphisms on susceptibility to diabetic nephropathy in type 1 diabetesDaniel P K Ng
Section on Genetics and Epidemiology, Joslin Diabetes Center, One Joslin Place, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Diabetes 51:2264-9. 2002Elevation of intracellular glucose in mesangial cells as mediated by GLUT1 may be important in initiating cellular mechanisms that cause diabetic nephropathy...
- Molecular determinants of sugar transport regulation by ATPKara B Levine
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Pharmacology, Lazare Research Building, University of Massachusetts Medical School, 364 Plantation Street, Worcester, Massachusetts 01605, USA
Biochemistry 41:12629-38. 2002..ATP inhibits human erythrocyte net sugar transport by binding cooperatively to the glucose transport protein (GluT1)...
- Expression and localization of GLUT1 and GLUT12 in prostate carcinomaJenalle D Chandler
Department of Medicine, St Vincent s Hospital, The University of Melbourne, Melbourne, Australia
Cancer 97:2035-42. 2003..Increased expression of GLUT1 is a characteristic of many malignant cells...
- Seizure characterization and electroencephalographic features in Glut-1 deficiency syndromeLinda D Leary
Department of Neurology, Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York, New York, U S A
Epilepsia 44:701-7. 2003To characterize seizure types and electroencephalographic features of glucose transporter type 1 deficiency syndrome (Glut-1 DS).
- Glucose transporter-1 (GLUT-1): a potential marker of prognosis in rectal carcinoma?R Cooper
Department of Radiation Oncology, Dokuz Eylul University Medical School, Inciraltu, Izmir 35340, Turkey
Br J Cancer 89:870-6. 2003The aim of the study is to evaluate the pattern and level of expression of glucose transporter-1 (GLUT-1) in rectal carcinoma in relation to outcome as a potential surrogate marker of tumour hypoxia...
- Analysis of transmembrane segment 8 of the GLUT1 glucose transporter by cysteine-scanning mutagenesis and substituted cysteine accessibilityMike Mueckler
Department of Cell Biology and Physiology, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
J Biol Chem 279:10494-9. 2004The GLUT1 glucose transporter has been proposed to form an aqueous substrate translocation pathway via the clustering of several amphipathic transmembrane helices (Mueckler, M., Caruso, C., Baldwin, S. A., Panico, M., Blench, I...
- Association between the GLUT1 gene polymorphism and the risk of diabetic nephropathy: a meta-analysisElias Zintzaras
Department of Biomathematics, University of Thessaly School of Medicine, Papakyriazy 22, Larissa, 41222, Greece
J Hum Genet 50:84-91. 2005The association between diabetic nephropathy (DN) and the XbalphaI polymorphism in the GLUT1 gene has been investigated in several case-control studies...
- Quench-flow analysis reveals multiple phases of GluT1-mediated sugar transportDavid M Blodgett
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Pharmacology, University of Massachusetts Medical School, 364 Plantation Street, Worcester, Massachusetts 01605, USA
Biochemistry 44:2650-60. 2005..These data support a transport mechanism in which newly bound sugars are transiently sequestered within the translocation pathway where they become inaccessible to extra- and intracellular water...
- A novel polymorphism in the 5' flanking region of the glucose transporter (GLUT1) gene is strongly associated with diabetic nephropathy in patients with Type 1 diabetes mellitusA D Hodgkinson
Molecular Medicine Research Group, Institute of Biomedical Sciences, Peninsula Medical School, Room N32, ITTC Building, Plymouth Campus, Tamar Science Park, Plymouth PL6 8BX, United Kingdom
J Diabetes Complications 19:65-9. 2005Glucose transporter 1 (GLUT1) activity has been implicated in renal hypertrophy and extracellular matrix formation in mesangial cells...
- Properties of the human erythrocyte glucose transport protein are determined by cellular contextKara B Levine
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Pharmacology, UMass Medical School, 364 Plantation Street, Worcester, Massachusetts 01605, USA
Biochemistry 44:5606-16. 2005Human erythrocyte hexose transfer is mediated by the glucose transport protein GLUT1 and is characterized by a complexity that is unexplained by available hypotheses for carrier-mediated sugar transport [Cloherty, E. K., Heard, K. S...
- Cysteine-scanning mutagenesis and substituted cysteine accessibility analysis of transmembrane segment 4 of the Glut1 glucose transporterMike Mueckler
Department of Cell Biology and Physiology, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
J Biol Chem 280:39562-8. 2005A low resolution model has been proposed for the exofacial conformation of the Glut1 glucose transporter in which eight transmembrane segments form an inner helical bundle stabilized by four outer helices...
- Glucose transporter-1 expression in the thyroid gland: clinicopathological significance for papillary carcinomaMasanori Yasuda
Department of Pathology, School of Medicine, Tokai University, Bohseidai, Isehara, Kanagawa 259 1193, Japan
Oncol Rep 14:1499-504. 2005Glucose transporter-1 (GLUT-1) expression was immunohistochemically analysed in a total of 268 cases of thyroid gland disease, including 129 cases of papillary carcinoma (PC), 60 cases of follicular carcinoma (FC), 57 cases of follicular ..
- Infection of CD4+ T lymphocytes by the human T cell leukemia virus type 1 is mediated by the glucose transporter GLUT-1: evidence using antibodies specific to the receptor's large extracellular domainQingwen Jin
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Walther Cancer Institute, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, IN 46202 5114, USA
Virology 349:184-96. 2006..We used this system in a functional cDNA screening to isolate and confirm that the glucose transporter protein 1 (GLUT-1) is a receptor for HTLV-1...
- Clinicopathological significance and linkage of the distribution of HIF-1alpha and GLUT-1 in human primary colorectal cancerAndrzej Wincewicz
Department of Clinical Pathomorphology, Medical University of Bialystok, Bialystok 15 269, Poland
Pathol Oncol Res 13:15-20. 2007HIF-1alpha induces GLUT-1 expression, and their presence has been evaluated in colorectal cancer...
- Significant coexpression of GLUT-1, Bcl-xL, and Bax in colorectal cancerAndrzej Wincewicz
Departments of General and Clinical Pathomorphology, Medical University of Bialystok, Waszyngtona St 13, 15 269 Bialystok, Poland
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1095:53-61. 2007Hypoxic cancer cells overexpress Glucose transporter 1 (GLUT-1) to accelerate glucose intake mainly for low effective, anaerobic respiration, so that they would not die of oxygen deficiency. Ischemic cell injury triggers apoptosis...
- [Expression of GLUT-1, p63 and DNA-Pkcs in serous ovarian tumors and their significance]Shu Li Shao
Department of Gynecology, Tumor Hospital of Shanxi Province, Taiyuan 030013, China
Zhonghua Zhong Liu Za Zhi 29:697-700. 2007To investigate the expression of GLUT1, p63 and DNA-Pkcs in serous ovarian tumors and their significance.
- GLUT1 mutations are a cause of paroxysmal exertion-induced dyskinesias and induce hemolytic anemia by a cation leakYvonne G Weber
Neurologische Klinik and Institut für Anatomie und Zellbiologie, Universitat Ulm, Ulm, Germany
J Clin Invest 118:2157-68. 2008..deletion of 4 highly conserved amino acids (Q282_S285del) in the pore region of the glucose transporter 1 (GLUT1)...
- Risk genotypes and haplotypes of the GLUT1 gene for type 2 diabetic nephropathy in the Tunisian populationK Makni
Research Unit Target for Diagnosis and Therapeutic in the Human Pathology, Center of Biotechnology of Sfax, Tunisia
Ann Hum Biol 35:490-8. 2008..Here we report the findings of a case-control study on five SNPs in the glucose transporter 1 (GLUT1) gene. The study investigated the association of five GLUT1 genotypes and haplotypes with DN.
- Relations of TGF-beta1 with HIF-1 alpha, GLUT-1 and longer survival of colorectal cancer patientsMariola Sulkowska
Department of General Pathomorphology, Medical University of Bialystok, Bialystok, Poland
Pathology 41:254-60. 2009..We aimed to evaluate relations among TGF-beta1 and cancer cell survival factors hypoxia inducible factor-1 alpha (HIF-1 alpha) and glucose transporter 1 (GLUT-1) by immunohistochemistry in 108 colorectal cancers.
- [Expression of glucose transporter 1 in human breast carcinoma and its clinical significance]Lang Song Hao
Department of General Surgery, West China Hospital, Sichuan University, Chengdu 610041, China
Sichuan Da Xue Xue Bao Yi Xue Ban 40:44-7. 2009To investigate the expression of glucose transporter 1 (Glut1) in human breast cancer and its relationship to proliferating cell nuclear antigen (PCNA) protein, other tumor biomarkers and clinical pathologic factors.
- [Expression of glucose transporter 1 in gastric carcinoma and metastatic lymph nodes and its association with prognosis]Bo Wei
Department of General Surgery, PLA General Hospital, Beijing 100853, China
Zhonghua Wei Chang Wai Ke Za Zhi 12:277-80. 2009To examine the expression and distribution of glucose transporter 1(GLUT1) in gastric cancer tissues and investigate its relation to clinicopathological parameters and prognosis of patients with gastric carcinoma.
- Glycolytic phenotype in breast cancer: activation of Akt, up-regulation of GLUT1, TKTL1 and down-regulation of M2PKMelanie Schmidt
Department of Gynaecology and Obstetrics, University of Wuerzburg, Josef Schneider Strasse 4, Wuerzburg, 97080, Germany
J Cancer Res Clin Oncol 136:219-25. 2010..dependence on glucose utilisation has been described for different tumours characterised by activation of Akt, upregulation of GLUT1, M2PK and TKTL1. To date, however, little is known about glucose metabolism in breast cancer tissue.
- Purification and characterization of mammalian glucose transporters expressed in Pichia pastorisArturo Alisio
Department of Cell Biology and Physiology, Washington University School of Medicine, Saint Louis, MO 63110, USA
Protein Expr Purif 70:81-7. 2010..A simple and rapid method is described for the purification of milligram quantities of recombinant GLUT1 and GLUT4, two of the most intensively studied GLUT isoforms, after ectopic expression in Pichia pastoris...
- The XbaI G>T polymorphism of the glucose transporter 1 gene modulates 18F-FDG uptake and tumor aggressiveness in breast cancerFlorian Grabellus
Institute of Pathology and Neuropathology, University Hospital Essen, University of Duisburg Essen, Essen, Germany
J Nucl Med 51:1191-7. 2010We investigated the relevance of single-nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) in the glucose transporter 1 (GLUT1) gene to the uptake of (18)F-FDG and tumor aggressiveness in breast cancer.
- Determinants of ligand binding affinity and cooperativity at the GLUT1 endofacial siteTrista Robichaud
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Pharmacology, University of Massachusetts Medical School, 364 Plantation Street Worcester, Massachusetts 01605, United States
Biochemistry 50:3137-48. 2011Cytochalasin B (CB) and forskolin (FSK) inhibit GLUT1-mediated sugar transport in red cells by binding at or close to the GLUT1 endofacial sugar binding site...
- Glucose transporter oligomeric structure determines transporter function. Reversible redox-dependent interconversions of tetrameric and dimeric GLUT1D N Hebert
Program in Molecular Medicine, University of Massachusetts Medical Center, Worcester 10605
J Biol Chem 267:23829-38. 1992This study investigates the relationship between human erythrocyte glucose transport protein (GLUT1) oligomeric structure and glucose transporter function...
- Characterization and expression of human HepG2/erythrocyte glucose-transporter geneH Fukumoto
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, University of Chicago, Illinois 60637
Diabetes 37:657-61. 1988..The promoter region includes a TATA motif and two binding sites for the transcription factor Spl as well as a sequence that is found in the promoter region of several phorbol ester-inducible genes...
- Immunohistochemical staining of GLUT1 in benign, borderline, and malignant ovarian epitheliaTamara Kalir
Department of Pathology, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, New York 10029, USA
Cancer 94:1078-82. 2002Aberrant expression of the facilitative glucose transporter GLUT1 is found in a wide spectrum of epithelial malignancies...
- Expression of glucose transporter 1 confers susceptibility to human T-cell leukemia virus envelope-mediated fusionAyse Kubra Coskun
Department of Molecular Virology and Microbiology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030, USA
J Virol 79:4150-8. 2005..Despite years of study, only recently has a bona fide candidate cellular receptor, glucose transporter 1 (glut-1), been identified...
- Expression of glucose transporters in epithelial ovarian carcinoma: correlation with clinical characteristics and tumor angiogenesisMiho Tsukioka
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Osaka City University Graduate School of Medicine, Osaka 545 8585, Japan
Oncol Rep 18:361-7. 2007..The rates of expression of GLUT1, GLUT3 and GLUT4 were 98.7%, 92.8% and 84.4%, respectively...
- Transmembrane segment 6 of the Glut1 glucose transporter is an outer helix and contains amino acid side chains essential for transport activityMike Mueckler
Department of Cell Biology and Physiology, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri, 63110, USA
J Biol Chem 283:11550-5. 2008Experimental data and homology modeling suggest a structure for the exofacial configuration of the Glut1 glucose transporter in which 8 transmembrane helices form an aqueous cavity in the bilayer that is stabilized by four outer helices...
- Correlation of GLUT-1 overexpression, tumor size, and depth of invasion with 18F-2-fluoro-2-deoxy-D-glucose uptake by positron emission tomography in colorectal cancerJinyu Gu
Department of Surgery and Clinical Oncology, Graduate School of Medicine, Osaka University, 2 2 Yamada oka, Suita City, Osaka, 565 0871, Japan
Dig Dis Sci 51:2198-205. 2006..0004, .042, respectively). Strong glucose transporter-1 (GLUT-1) expression had significantly positive correlation with the SUV (r=.619, P=.003)...
- Expression of glucose transporters GLUT-1, GLUT-3, GLUT-9 and HIF-1alpha in normal and degenerate human intervertebral discS M Richardson
Tissue Injury and Repair Group, Clinical and Laboratory Sciences, Faculty of Medical and Human Sciences, The University of Manchester, Manchester, M13 9PT, UK
Histochem Cell Biol 129:503-11. 2008..Real-time PCR was used to identify expression of GLUT1, 3, 9 and HIF-1alpha mRNAs and immunohistochemistry was used to analyse protein expression and localisation of ..
- Expression of glucose transporter-1 and -3 in the head and neck carcinoma--the correlation of the expression with the biological behaviorsShuihong Zhou
Department of Otolaryngology, First Affiliated Hospital, Medical College of Zhejiang University, Hangzhou, Zhejiang, PR China
ORL J Otorhinolaryngol Relat Spec 70:189-94. 2008The aim of this study was to determine the biological significance of glucose transporter (Glut)-1 and Glut-3 expression in head and neck carcinoma (HNC).
- Apigenin inhibits the GLUT-1 glucose transporter and the phosphoinositide 3-kinase/Akt pathway in human pancreatic cancer cellsLaleh G Melstrom
Departments of Surgery, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
Pancreas 37:426-31. 2008..In this study, we evaluated the effects of the flavonoid apigenin on glucose uptake, on the expression of the glucose transporter 1 (GLUT-1), and on the phosphoinositide 3-kinase (PI3K)/Akt pathway in human pancreatic cancer cells.
- GLUT1 is adequate for glucose uptake in GLUT2-deficient insulin-releasing beta-cellsY Liang
The Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics and Diabetes Research Center, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia 19104-6015, USA
Horm Metab Res 29:255-60. 1997..One of these is the beta TC3 cell line which expresses GLUT1 and the other is the beta HC9 cell line which expresses both GLUT1 and GLUT2...
- D-Glucose, forskolin and cytochalasin B affinities for the glucose transporter Glut1. Study of pH and reconstitution effects by biomembrane affinity chromatographyL Lu
Department of Biochemistry, Uppsala University, Sweden
J Chromatogr A 776:81-6. 1997The affinities of D-glucose and the transport inhibitors, forskolin and cytochalasin B (CB), for Glut1 were studied by frontal affinity chromatography at pH 5-10 on sterically immobilized proteoliposomes with reconstituted human red cell ..
- Capillary and rotating-tube isoelectric focusing of a transmembrane protein, the human red cell glucose transporterA K Englund
Department of Biochemistry, Uppsala University, Sweden
J Chromatogr A 711:217-22. 1995The human red cell glucose transporter (Glut1) is a transmembrane protein. Monomeric Glut1 was purified by ion-exchange chromatography in the presence of the non-ionic detergent n-dodecyl octaoxyethylene (C12E8)...
- Effects of the AT1 receptor antagonist on adhesion molecule expression in leukocytes and brain microvessels of stroke-prone spontaneously hypertensive ratsK Takemori
Department of Pathology, Kinki University School of Medicine, Osaka, Japan
Am J Hypertens 13:1233-41. 2000..examined the expression of intercellular adhesion molecule-1 (ICAM-1), the AT1 receptor, and glucose transporter-1 (GLUT-1, a marker of the blood-brain barrier) using reverse transcription-polymerase chain reaction (RT-PCR)...
- Increased renal GLUT1 abundance and urinary TGF-beta 1 in streptozotocin-induced diabetic rats: implications for the development of nephropathy complicating diabetesS Lacchini
, , Departamento de Fisiologia, Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul, , , Brazil
Horm Metab Res 33:664-9. 2001Increased expression of transforming growth factor beta-1 (TGF-beta 1) and glucose transporter (GLUT1) has been implicated in the genesis of diabetic nephropathy...
- Glucose transporter (GLUT 4) content and insulin receptor kinase activity in muscles of the LA/N-cp ratM Kern
Department of Medicine, Stanford University School of Medicine, California
Horm Metab Res 26:129-32. 1994In this study we compared insulin binding activity, insulin receptor tyrosine kinase activity, and GLUT 4 protein content in six muscles from LA/N-cp rats and their lean controls...
- Evidence for involvement of protein kinase C (PKC)-zeta and noninvolvement of diacylglycerol-sensitive PKCs in insulin-stimulated glucose transport in L6 myotubesG Bandyopadhyay
J. A. Haley Veterans Hospital and the Department of Internal Medicine, University of South Florida College of Medicine, Tampa 33612, USA
Endocrinology 138:4721-31. 1997..was full retention of PKC-zeta, as well as insulin-stimulated glucose transport and translocation of GLUT4 and GLUT1 to the plasma membrane...
- Insulin and insulin-like growth factor-1 modulation of glucose transport in arterial smooth muscle cells: implication of GLUT-4 in the vasculatureP R Standley
Department of Medicine, Wayne State University School of Medicine, Detroit, Michigan 48201
Am J Hypertens 7:357-62. 1994..05 v 10(-8) mol/L insulin in both cell lines). Insulin stimulation of glucose transport is specific for [D+]-glucose; [L-]-glucose does not compete for transport.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 250 WORDS)..
- Direct effects of glimepiride on protein expression of cardiac glucose transportersJ Eckel
Laboratory of Molecular Cardiology, Diabetes Research Institute, , Germany
Horm Metab Res 28:508-11. 1996..glimepiride on basal and insulin-stimulated glucose uptake and on the expression of the transporter isoforms GLUT1 and GLUT4...
- Protein kinase C (PKC)-alpha activation inhibits PKC-zeta and mediates the action of PED/PEA-15 on glucose transport in the L6 skeletal muscle cellsG Condorelli
Dipartimento di Biologia e Patologia Cellulare e Molecolare, Federico II University of Naples, Via S. Pansini 5, 80131 Naples, Italy
Diabetes 50:1244-52. 2001Overexpression of the PED/PEA-15 protein in muscle and adipose cells increases glucose transport and impairs further insulin induction...
- GLUCOSE-DEPENDENT GLUT-1 EXPRESSION IN EMBRYONIC HEARTIDA WASHINGTON; Fiscal Year: 2003..Glucose uptake by embryonic cells is mediated primarily by the glucose transporter, Glut-1, which is highly expressed in the embryonic heart and is critical for delivery of glucose to embryonic heart ..
- Novel TIRF microscopy analyzing trafficking & signaling at the cell cortexDerek Toomre; Fiscal Year: 2009..Consistent with the recovery act's goal, this funding will provide full-time summer employment for 4 undergraduate students and accelerate scientific achievement of the parent DP2 award...
- Amy Johnson; Fiscal Year: 2015..e. pro- versus anti-inflammatory) through the use of a macrophage-specific glucose transporter 1 knockout mouse (Glut1 M[unreadable]-/-) and a high-fat feeding model of diet-induced obesity...
- Refined Fructose Promotes Pancreatic Cancer GrowthAnthony P Heaney; Fiscal Year: 2011..affect pancreatic cancer proliferation, focusing on the role of glucose uptake and transport factors, such as Glut-5...
- Kunjan R Dave; Fiscal Year: 2016..in RH-exposed ITD rats increases cerebral ischemic damage;and 3) To determine the mechanism by which RH increases GLUT1 and GLUT3 levels in the hippocampus of ITD rats...
- THE EFFECT OF DIOXINS ON GLUCOSE HOMEOSTASIS IN MURINE TESTESKENAN RIFAT OMURTAG; Fiscal Year: 2013..disrupts spermatogenesis through activation of the AhR receptor and subsequent disruption of glucose transporter (GLUT) isoforms adversely affects essential cellular function and development...
- Paternal Environmental Exposures and Reproductive Outcomes: A Comparison of in ViDEBORAH ANN HANSEN; Fiscal Year: 2013..AHR activation has been shown to alter GLUT 1 localization in an embryonic cell line thereby resulting in nutrient deficient cells and providing one explanation ..
- Cytoskeletal Regulation of Erythrocyte Glucose Transporter-1Athar H Chishti; Fiscal Year: 2012..its biological function by linking the spectrin-actin junctions to the membrane via glucose transporter-1 (GLUT1) in human erythrocytes...
- Anthony Carruthers; Fiscal Year: 2016..We address these gaps and ask how each process is altered in a human disease - GLUT1 deficiency syndrome (GLUT1-DS)...
- Is GLUT1 required for tumor growth and the Warburg Effect?Steven M Anderson; Fiscal Year: 2013..Most tumor cells have elevated levels of the glucose transporter GLUT1 which is thought to be responsible for the increased glucose transport needed to drive the synthesis of ATP by ..
- Scott Landfear; Fiscal Year: 2014..that has been complemented with either the gene encoding THT1 or the gene for a major human glucose transporter GLUT1. In Aim 1, ~600,000 drug-like compounds from the St...
- Glucose Transport in Regulation of T Cell Activation and InflammationJeffrey C Rathmell; Fiscal Year: 2012..In particular, the glucose transporter Glut1 and glycolysis are upregulated upon activation and differentiation of CD4 T cells into effectors (Teff;Th1, Th2, ..
- Epilepsy in Primary Cerebral Energy FailureLEVI BOGACZ GOOD; Fiscal Year: 2010..Glucose transporter type 1 (GLUT1) is the facilitative carrier responsible for all of the glucose transport across the blood brain barrier and into ..
- Jun Yong Choe; Fiscal Year: 2015..overarching aim in this proposal is to determine at atomic resolution the structural basis of glucose transporter (GLUT) function...
- TAS::75 0849::TAS TOPIC 255 SELECTIVE AND POTENT INHIBITORS OF TUMOR SPECIFIC GLPaul Pearson; Fiscal Year: 2011..synthetiC lethal screening approach in VHL-deficient renal cell carcinoma (RCC VHL-) to identify inhibitors of GLUT1, a glucose transporter critical for RCC energy metabolism and survival...
- PERINATAL METABOLIC STRESS AND BRAIN GLUCOSE TRANSPORTSUSAN VANNUCCI; Fiscal Year: 1999..blood-brain barrier and the plasma membranes of neurons and glia, mediated by the glucose transporter proteins, GLUT1 and GLUT3...
- Ashraf Gorgey; Fiscal Year: 2016..Specific aim 3 will determine if 16 weeks of evoked RT and Tp will increase GLUT-4 concentration, muscle IGF-1 and peroxisome-proliferator-activated receptor-gamma co-activator 1 (PGC-1) ..
- Glycemic control in pediatric critical illness: The Ped-E-Trol trialMARK RANSFORD RIGBY; Fiscal Year: 2011..more conservative control in children requiring intensive care. The "Ped-E-Trol" ("Pediatric ICUs at Emory Glycemic Control) Trial will study 1,004 children admitted to the ICU for medical,..
- Dose Ranging study of the Effects of Alpha Acid on Oxidative StressPamela Ouyang; Fiscal Year: 2010..Studies in fat cells show lipoic acid stimulates the plasma membrane targeted translocation of GLUT1 and GLUT 4, important intracellular glucose transporters...
- Lakshman Segar; Fiscal Year: 2015..use human aortic VSMCs to determine the differential effects of PDGF and insulin on glucose uptake, glycolysis, GLUT-1/GLUT-4 expression and translocation, IRS- 1/2 expression and phosphorylation, and the key signaling events/SRF ..
- Muhammad Abdul-Ghani; Fiscal Year: 2016..clamp, (ii) the protein content of insulin dependent (GLUT4/GLUT12) and glucose-mediated glucose transporters (GLUT1/GLUT3/GLUT11) and gene expression in skeletal muscle in subjects with IFG, IGT and NGT;(iii) the level of ..
- Metabolic Adapation and Control of Lactation in HumansMorey W Haymond; Fiscal Year: 2010..4. rhGH increases the rates of synthesis of alpha-Iactalbumin mRNA and GLUT 1 and GLUT-3 transporters mRNAs but not those of PEPCK, key gluconeogenic enzymes. 5...
- REGULATION OF GLUT1 GENE EXPRESSION BY HYPOXIAFaramarz Ismail Beigi; Fiscal Year: 2001..Expression of the ubiquitous GLUT1 glucose transporter is augmented by several stimuli including serum, thyroid hormone, rise in cytosolic calcium, ..
- BIOLOGY OF THE BLOOD BRAIN BARRIERWilliam Pardridge; Fiscal Year: 1999..The Project by W.M. Pardridge and R.J. Boado will investigate the molecular regulation of the blood-brain barrier GLUT1 glucose transporter, and will emphasize post-transcriptional mechanisms of regulation, and the isolation of ..
- SLC2A9, A Candidate ER GLUT in Normal and Cancer CellsJeffrey Moley; Fiscal Year: 2002..The predicted protein sequence has 44 percent and 38 percent sequence identity to Glut 5 and Glut 1, respectively...
- REGULATION OF BBB GLUT1 GLUCOSE TRANSPORTERWilliam Pardridge; Fiscal Year: 2002..glucose transporter at the brain capillary endothelium, which forms the blood-brain barrier (BBB) in vivo, is the Glut1 isoform of the sodium independent glucose transporter gene family...
- GLUCOCORTICOIDS, HYPOGLYCEMIA & BRAIN GLUCOSE TRANSPORTAnthony McCall; Fiscal Year: 2001..how mild and more marked stress levels of corticosterone administered to rats affect regional expression of brain GLUT1 and GLUT3 protein and mRNA. 2...
- NEUROGLYCOPENIA: GENOTYPE-PHENOTYPE CORRELATIONDarryl De Vivo; Fiscal Year: 2007Glucose transporter protein Type I (Glut1), when deficient (GlutlDS, OMIM 606777), causes chronic neuroglycopenia and developmental encephalopathy...
- GLUCOSE TRANSPORTER LOCALIZATION IN PAROTID GLANDSUN KEE KIM; Fiscal Year: 1993..We have found that two glucose transporter (GLUT) isoforms (GLUT 1 and GLUT 2) are expressed in the rat parotid gland...
- Genetic Editing of Ca Cycling in Diabetic CardiomyopathyROGER JOSEPH HAJJAR; Fiscal Year: 2010..abnormal intracellular calcium handling, and a reduction in phosphatidyl-inositol 3-OH (PI3-) kinase activity and GLUT-4 expression...
- Crystallization of eukaryotic facilitated glucose transportersLan Guan; Fiscal Year: 2009..of the Major Facilitator Superfamily (MFS), comprise a relatively large family of structurally related proteins (GLUT1-12)...
- Leslie M Shaw; Fiscal Year: 2014..aerobic glycolysis through the targeted activation of PI3K/mTOR signaling to regulate the surface expression of GLUT1 will be examined;and 2) Investigate the mechanism by which hypoxia enhances IRS-2 expression and define the ..
- METABOLIC CONTROL OF SUGAR TRANSPORTAnthony Carruthers; Fiscal Year: 2012..uptake in astrocytes, basal cardiomyocytes, endothelial cells, erythrocytes and smooth muscle is mediated by GLUT1. In most tissues, glucose utilization is limited by glucose uptake and increases in cellular metabolic demand ..
- Angiogenic Response to Hypoxia and Ketosis in Rat BrainJOSEPH CHARLES LAMANNA; Fiscal Year: 2012..The increased blood ketones were accompanied by up-regulation of the primary substrate transporters for glucose (GLUT1) and ketones (monocarboxylates;MCT1) at the blood-brain barrier...
- Brian F Clem; Fiscal Year: 2016..This metabolic shift was mediated by changes in the expression of multiple glycolytic enzymes including increased Glut-1, HK2, PK-M2 levels and decreased HK1, ALT1, and PCB...
- Kelle H Moley; Fiscal Year: 2016..We hypothesize that high E2 and low P4 will downregulate GLUT1 and glucose uptake in mESCs and hESCs...
- Nikolaos K Robakis; Fiscal Year: 2016..evidence that the PS1/[unreadable]-secretase system regulates the expression of miR-212 that targets the mRNA of PED/PEA-15 (PEA15), a protein known to promote cell survival under reduced glucose...
- Thomas J Abbruscato; Fiscal Year: 2015..carried by the sodium dependent glucose cotransporter (SGLT1) in addition to the traditional glucose carrier (GLUT1)...
- John H McDonough; Fiscal Year: 2016..We propose to exploit this by coupling broad spectrum reactivators (oximes) to glucose sites predicted by in silico modeling to not interfere with transport by the GLUT facilitative transporter.
- EMILIA CALVARESI; Fiscal Year: 2016..is acting as a pro-drug cleaved to 1j by intracellular glucosidases;4) that glucose-4j is entering cells through GLUT transporters;5) that glucose-4j's enhanced cancer cell toxicity over 4j is due to its ability to be more ..
- HOWARD RONALD KABACK; Fiscal Year: 2014..the Major Facilitator Superfamily that contains for example the vesicular monoamine transporter (VMAT), as well as GLUT1, which transports glucose across the blood brain barrier...
- Conformations and Dynamics of PED/PEA-15 in Protein-Protein InteractionsYufeng Wei; Fiscal Year: 2013DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): There is a fundamental gap in understanding how PED/PEA-15 (phosphoprotein enriched in diabetes/phosphoprotein enriched in astrocyte, 15 kDa), a small, non-catalytic protein, can regulate a number of ..
- Novel capture reagents for membrane protein structure determinationLan Guan; Fiscal Year: 2013..reagents that bind to the bacterial melibiose permease (MelB) or to the human red blood cell glucose transport (GLUT1)...
- Angiotensin Adrenergic Interactions in the KidneyRoland C Blantz; Fiscal Year: 2013..Several factors activated by hypoxia inducible factor-1 alpha (HIF-1 alpha) e.g., VEGF, GLUT-1 and HO-1 were expressed in the untreated 5/6th nephrectomy kidney...
- OBESITY, GLUCOSE METABOLISM AND DIET IN OLDER WOMENALICE RYAN; Fiscal Year: 2001..aerobic capacity to 1) decrease free fatty acid (FFA) levels and increase fat oxidation; 2) increase muscle GLUT-4 protein and glycogen storage; and 3) enhance insulin sensitivity thereby improving glucose tolerance...
- REGULATION OF GLUCOSE TRANSPORT BY CTAP-III ISOFORMSChristin Carter Su; Fiscal Year: 1993..The delayed effect on transport is accompanied by increased numbers of GLUT 1 glucose transporters in murine 3T3-F442A fibroblasts...
- METABOLISM IN THE FETAL HEPATOCYTELynne Levitsky; Fiscal Year: 1999..We have demonstrated increased glucose transport and glucose transporters (GLUT1, GLUT2) in rat fetal hepatocytes, and evidence for transcriptional and post-transcriptional regulation of these ..
- LAURENCE LEON LOUTERS; Fiscal Year: 2014..We propose to investigate the mechanism for the acute activation of GLUT1. Both published and additional preliminary evidence from our laboratory indicate that GLUT1-mediated glucose ..
- Regulation of Myosin Ic MechanochemistryMichael J Greenberg; Fiscal Year: 2012..the best studied myosin I isoform due to its proposed roles in dynamic adaptation in hair cells, insulin stimulated GLUT-4 transport, compensatory excocytosis, and nuclear transcription...
- Exercise Induced Biochemical and Anatomical AdaptationsJohn O Holloszy; Fiscal Year: 2013..of p38 MAPK is the next step in the pathway leading from CAMK and AMPK to increased mitochondrial biogenesis and GLUT expression, that nitric oxide synthase is involved in this process, and that activation of p38 results in ..
- Vascular smooth muscle apoptosis prevention by glucoseFrank Brosius; Fiscal Year: 2005..We found that over expression of the facilitative glucose transporter, GLUT 1, protected vascular smooth muscle cells and cardiac myocytes from hypoxia-induced apoptosis and determined that ..
- MANIPULATION OF INSULIN RESISTANCE IN TRANSGENIC MICEBESS MARSHALL; Fiscal Year: 1999..Work already in progress has shown that increasing glucose transport into muscle by overexpressing Glut 1 or Glut4 glucose transporters in the skeletal muscle of transgenic mice lowers the circulating blood glucose and ..
- BM12: Brief Motivational Interviewing to Reduce Child BMIKEN A RESNICOW; Fiscal Year: 2012..Group 2 (PED only) will include the same assessments, enrollment criterion and educational materials as UC...
- Ann M Reed; Fiscal Year: 2016....
- PLACENTAL GLUCOSE TRANSPORT IN DIABETIC PREGNANCIESNICHOLAS ILLSLEY; Fiscal Year: 2002..Preliminary research suggests that there are increases in the expression and activity of GLUT1 glucose transporters in the syncytial basal membrane of placental tissue from women whose diabetes is adequately ..
- John T Slevin; Fiscal Year: 2014....
- Sarah F Leibowitz; Fiscal Year: 2015..that neurochemical feedback signals to the PFLH compared to the PVN, via DA, -aminobutyric acid (GABA), glutamate (GLUT) and ENK inputs, have opposite effects on the local peptide systems that determine how they influence ethanol ..
- Exploring a Cessation Intervention for Low Income Smokers in an Emergency SettingE Melinda Mahabee-Gittens; Fiscal Year: 2013..6 million parents who smoke visit pediatric emergency departments (PED) annually...
- Andrea C Gielen; Fiscal Year: 2016..that demonstrated some success in a low income, urban, and predominantly African-American population in a single PED. This proposal will test an enhanced web-based program, Safety in Seconds v 2.0 (SIS v2...
- POSITRON EMISSION TOMOGRAPHY OF BREAST CARCINOMARichard Wahl; Fiscal Year: 2000..recently described a consistent molecular alteration in breast cancers versus normal breasts, overexpression of the GLUT-1 glucose transporter by the cancers, and showed (in rodent breast cancer) that FDG uptake in the tumors is ..
- Molecular Mechanisms of Active Transport Across Cellular MembranesEmad Tajkhorshid; Fiscal Year: 2013..transporter in which ATP binding and hydrolysis drive the process of substrate transport;(2) Glutamate transporter (GluT), representing secondary transporters that use the ionic gradient across the membrane as the source of energy for ..
- Anna Kalinchuk; Fiscal Year: 2016..show that the lesion of ChBF cells using 192 IgG-saporin blocks increase in the BF [NOx-]ex and prevents triggering Glut iNOS NO AD cascade in PFC/FC...
- A novel therapeutic for the treatment of persistent corneal epithelial defectsBennie H Jeng; Fiscal Year: 2010DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Persistent epithelial defects (PED) of the cornea are uncommon, but in addition to the immediate adverse effect on vision, persistent defects can have serious consequences for the health of the eye ..
- Sam Thiagalingam; Fiscal Year: 2014..pathways, enhanced migration of colon cancer cells with a corresponding increase in MMP9, overexpression of GLUT1 under hypoxia, increased aerobic glycolysis and resistance to 5-FU-mediated apoptosis...
- ANTHONY NMN SPIRITO; Fiscal Year: 2016..S. pediatric emergency departments (PED), by pursuing two specific aims: Primary Aim 1) To determine the concurrent, convergent, discriminant, and ..