Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: GLP2R
Description: glucagon like peptide 2 receptor
Alias: glucagon-like peptide 2 receptor, GLP-2 receptor
- GLP-2 receptor localizes to enteric neurons and endocrine cells expressing vasoactive peptides and mediates increased blood flowXinfu Guan
USDA ARS Children s Nutrition Research Center, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Gastroenterology 130:150-64. 2006..Thus, our aim was to establish cellular localization of GLP-2R and functional connection to vascular action of GLP-2 in the gut...
- Comprehensive site-specific whole genome profiling of stromal and epithelial colonic gene signatures in human sigmoid colon and rectal tissueJason M Knight
Department of Electrical Engineering, Texas A and M University, College Station, Texas Center for Translational Environmental Health Research, Texas A and M University, College Station, Texas
Physiol Genomics 48:651-9. 2016..e., CXCL14, ANTXR1), smooth muscle contraction (CALD1), proliferation and apoptosis (GLP2R, IGFBP3), and modulation of extracellular matrix (MMP2, COL3A1, MFAP4) were all highly expressed in the stroma...
- Evolution of receptors for peptides similar to glucagonDavid M Irwin
Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathobiology, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ont M5S 1A8, Canada Banting and Best Diabetes Centre, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ont M5S 1A8, Canada Electronic address
Gen Comp Endocrinol 209:50-60. 2014..of genes for receptors for these peptides have been identified, three for the products of GCG (GCGR, GLP1R, and GLP2R) and one each for the products of GIP (GIPR) and the ortholog of exendin (Grlr)...
- Glugacon-like peptide-2: broad receptor expression, limited therapeutic effect on intestinal inflammation and novel role in liver regenerationNoura El-Jamal
INSERM U995, Lille, France Université Lille Nord de France, Lille, France Intestinal Biotech Development, Lille, France
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 307:G274-85. 2014..However, the role of GLP-2 in liver regeneration is a novelty that might introduce GLP-2 into the management of liver diseases and emphasizes on the importance of elucidating other extraintestinal functions of GLP-2. ..
- Characterization of glucagon-like peptide 2 receptor (GLP2R) gene in chickens: functional analysis, tissue distribution, and developmental expression profile of GLP2R in embryonic intestineC Mo
Key Laboratory of Bio resources and Eco environment of Ministry of Education, College of Life Sciences, Sichuan University, Chengdu 610065, PR China
Domest Anim Endocrinol 48:1-6. 2014This study characterized the glucagon-like peptide 2 receptor (GLP2R) gene of chickens because relatively little is known about the underlying mechanism of GLP2 actions in nonmammalian species...
- The CNS glucagon-like peptide-2 receptor in the control of energy balance and glucose homeostasisXinfu Guan
U S Department of Agriculture Agricultural Research Service, Children s Nutrition Research Center, Department of Pediatrics and Division of Diabetes, Endocrinology and Metabolism, Department of Medicine, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas
Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 307:R585-96. 2014..Little is known about the GLP-2 receptor (Glp2r)-mediated physiological roles in the control of food intake and glucose homeostasis, yet Glp1r has been studied ..
- Calmodulin interacts with the cytoplasmic tails of the parathyroid hormone 1 receptor and a sub-set of class b G-protein coupled receptorsMatthew J Mahon
Endocrine Unit, Massachusetts General Hospital, 50 Blossom Street, Wellman 501, Boston, MA 02114 2696, USA
FEBS Lett 579:803-7. 2005..Fluphenazine, a calmodulin antagonist, enhances PTH-mediated accumulation of total inositol phosphates, suggesting that calmodulin regulates signaling via phospholipase C...
- The glucagon-like peptide 2 receptor is expressed in enteric neurons and not in the epithelium of the intestineJens Pedersen
Department of Biomedical Sciences, Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences, University of Copenhagen, DK 2200 Copenhagen, Denmark
Peptides 67:20-8. 2015..Expression of Glp2r; chromogranin A; tubulin, beta 3; actin, gamma 2, smooth muscle, enteric and glial fibrillary acidic protein in ..
- Molecular characterization, tissue expression profile and SNP analysis of porcine GLP2RY L Chai
College of Animal Science and Technology of Hunan Agricultural University, Changsha, China
Genet Mol Res 14:12931-41. 2015Glucagon-like peptide-2 receptor (GLP2R), a member of the G-protein-coupled receptor family, plays an important role in intramuscular fat formation. Little is known, however, about porcine GLP2R...
- Genetic Candidate Variants in Two Multigenerational Families with Childhood Apraxia of SpeechBeate Peter
Dpt of Speech and Hearing Sciences, Arizona State University, Tempe, Arizona, United States of America
PLoS ONE 11:e0153864. 2016..analysis of selected variants identified CDH18 as a primary gene of interest and additionally, MYO10, NIPBL, GLP2R, NCOR1, FLCN, SMCR8, NEK8, and ANKRD12, possibly with additive effects...
- The truncated metabolite GLP-2 (3-33) interacts with the GLP-2 receptor as a partial agonistJesper Thulesen
Department of Medical Anatomy, Section B, The Panum Institute, University of Copenhagen, Blegdamsvej 3, 2200 N, Copenhagen, Denmark
Regul Pept 103:9-15. 2002..Consistent with the observed in vivo activities, our functional studies and binding data indicate that GLP-2 (3-33) acts as a partial agonist with potential competitive antagonistic properties on the GLP-2 receptor...
- A novel glucagon-related peptide (GCRP) and its receptor GCRPR account for coevolution of their family members in vertebratesCho Rong Park
Laboratory of G Protein Coupled Receptors, Graduate School of Medicine Korea University, Seoul, Republic of Korea
PLoS ONE 8:e65420. 2013..These peptides interact with cognate receptors, GCGR, GLP1R, GLP2R, and GIPR, which belong to the secretin-like G protein-coupled receptor (GPCR) family...
- Glucagon-like peptide-2 and mouse intestinal adaptation to a high-fat dietSara Baldassano
Laboratorio di Fisiologia generale, Dipartimento di Scienze e Tecnologie Molecolari e Biomolecolari STEMBIO, Universita di Palermo, 90128 Palermo, Italy
J Endocrinol 217:11-20. 2013..a HFD was analyzed and a possible involvement of endogenous GLP2 was verified using GLP2 (3-33) as GLP2 receptor (GLP2R) antagonist...
- GLP-2 receptors in human disease: high expression in gastrointestinal stromal tumors and Crohn's diseaseMeike Korner
Division of Cell Biology and Experimental Cancer Research, Institute of Pathology, University of Berne, Berne, Switzerland
Mol Cell Endocrinol 364:46-53. 2012..Moreover, the over-expressed GLP-2 receptor in the myenteric plexus may represent the morphological correlate of the clinical target of teduglutide in Crohn's disease...
- GLP-2 receptor in POMC neurons suppresses feeding behavior and gastric motilityXinfu Guan
Department of Pediatrics, US Department of Agriculture Agricultural Research Service Children s Nutrition Research Center, TX 77030, USA
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 303:E853-64. 2012..Instead, our laboratory has generated a Glp2r-floxed mouse line to dissect cell-specific GLP-2 receptor GLP-2R) action in the regulation of energy balance...
- Food intake in lean and obese mice after peripheral administration of glucagon-like peptide 2Sara Baldassano
Laboratorio di Fisiologia generale, Dipartimento di Scienze e Tecnologie Molecolari e Biomolecolari STEMBIO, Universita di Palermo, Viale delle Scienze, 90128 Palermo, Italy
J Endocrinol 213:277-84. 2012..p. with native GLP2 or [Gly2]GLP2, stable analog of GLP2, before or after GLP2 (3-33), a GLP2 receptor (GLP2R) antagonist, or exendin (9-39), a GLP1R antagonist...
- Disruption of the murine Glp2r impairs Paneth cell function and increases susceptibility to small bowel enteritisSeung Jun Lee
Department of Medicine, Mt Sinai Hospital, Samuel Lunenfeld Research Institute, 600 University Avenue, TCP5 1004, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Endocrinology 153:1141-51. 2012..gut growth, epithelial cell lineage allocation, the response to mucosal injury, and host-bacterial interactions in Glp2r(-/-) and littermate control Glp2r(+/+) mice...
- Gene transcripts associated with BMI in the motor cortex and caudate nucleus of calorie restricted rhesus monkeysAmanda C Mitchell
Department of Psychiatry, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, TN, USA
Genomics 99:144-51. 2012..upregulation of known obesity related genes (the insulin receptor (INSR) and the glucagon-like peptide-2 receptor (GLP2R)), apoptosis related genes, and altered expression of genes involved in various metabolic processes...
- Conformational and molecular interaction studies of glucagon-like peptide-2 with its N-terminal extracellular receptor domainKalyana C Venneti
School of Biomolecular and Biomedical Science, UCD Conway Institute, University College Dublin, Dublin, Ireland
FEBS Lett 585:346-52. 2011....
- Genome-wide association study identifies genetic variants influencing F-cell levels in sickle-cell patientsPallav Bhatnagar
McKusick Nathans Institute of Genetic Medicine, School of Medicine, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
J Hum Genet 56:316-23. 2011..Additionally, in men, we identify a novel locus on chromosome 17, glucagon-like peptide-2 receptor (GLP2R), associated with F-cell regulation (rs12103880; P-value <3.41 × 10(-8))...
- Prototypic G protein-coupled receptor for the intestinotrophic factor glucagon-like peptide 2D G Munroe
Allelix Biopharmaceuticals Inc, 6850 Goreway Drive, Mississauga, Ontario L4V 1V7, Canada
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 96:1569-73. 1999..These results strongly suggest that GLP-2, like glucagon and GLP-1, exerts its actions through a distinct and specific novel receptor expressed in its principal target tissue, the gastrointestinal tract...
- GPR119 regulates murine glucose homeostasis through incretin receptor-dependent and independent mechanismsGrace Flock
Samuel Lunenfeld Research Institute Mt Sinai Hospital, 600 University Avenue TCP5 1004, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Endocrinology 152:374-83. 2011..Gastric emptying was assessed in WT, Glp1r-/-, DIRKO, Glp2r-/-, and GPR119-/- mice treated with the GPR119 agonist AR231453...
- Characterization of glucagon-like peptide 2 pathway member expression in bovine gastrointestinal tractE E Connor
Beltsville Agricultural Research Center, USDA ARS, Beltsville, MD 20705, USA
J Dairy Sci 93:5167-78. 2010..GLP-2 is derived through cleavage by prohormone convertase; (2) prohormone convertase (PCSK1); (3) GLP-2 receptor (GLP2R); and (4) dipeptidyl peptidase IV (DPP4), the enzyme that inactivates GLP-2...
- Expression of mRNA for proglucagon and glucagon-like peptide-2 (GLP-2) receptor in the ruminant gastrointestinal tract and the influence of energy intakeC C Taylor-Edwards
Department of Animal and Food Sciences, University of Kentucky, Lexington, KY, USA
Domest Anim Endocrinol 39:181-93. 2010..of intact GLP-2 in the blood and gut epithelial mRNA expression of proglucagon (GCG) and the GLP-2 receptor (GLP2R) were measured in 4 ruminally, duodenally, and ileally cannulated steers. Steers were fed to meet 0...
- Genetic analysis in a Dutch study sample identifies more ulcerative colitis susceptibility loci and shows their additive role in disease riskEleonora A M Festen
Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, University Medical Centre Groningen, University of Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands
Am J Gastroenterol 105:395-402. 2010..Genetic susceptibility is known to make a major contribution to the pathogenesis of ulcerative colitis (UC). Recently, three studies, including a genome-wide association study (GWAS), reported novel UC risk loci...
- ErbB signaling is required for the proliferative actions of GLP-2 in the murine gutBernardo Yusta
Department of Medicine, Samuel Lunenfeld Research Institute, Mt Sinai Hospital, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Gastroenterology 137:986-96. 2009..GLP-2 stimulates crypt cell proliferation leading to expansion of the mucosal epithelium; however, the mechanisms transducing the trophic effects of GLP-2 are incompletely understood...
- Glucagon-like peptide-2 does not modify the growth or survival of murine or human intestinal tumor cellsJacqueline A Koehler
Department of Medicine, Samuel Lunenfeld Research Institute, Mt Sinai Hospital, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Cancer Res 68:7897-904. 2008..for tumor growth was also examined in Apc(Min/+) mice chronically treated with exogenous GLP-2 and in Apc(Min/+):Glp2r(-/-) mice...
- The alpha cell expresses glucagon-like peptide-2 receptors and glucagon-like peptide-2 stimulates glucagon secretion from the rat pancreasJ de Heer
Department of Medical Physiology, The Panum Institute, University of Copenhagen, Blegdamsvej 3, 2200, Copenhagen N, Denmark
Diabetologia 50:2135-42. 2007..Recently, GLP-2 has been reported to stimulate glucagon secretion in healthy humans. We sought to clarify the mechanism and physiological significance of this endocrine effect...
- Naturally occurring glucagon-like peptide-2 (GLP-2) receptors in human intestinal cell linesAnette Sams
Departments of Molecular Pharmacology, Novo Nordisk A S, Novo Nordisk Park, DK 2760 Måløv, Denmark
Eur J Pharmacol 532:18-23. 2006..No receptor functionality (binding or G-protein signalling) could be demonstrated in 18Co cells. The identified gut-relevant cell lines provide tools for future clarification of the mechanisms underlying GLP-2-induced epithelial growth...
- The glucagon-like peptide-2 receptor C terminus modulates beta-arrestin-2 association but is dispensable for ligand-induced desensitization, endocytosis, and G-protein-dependent effector activationJennifer L Estall
Departments of Laboratory Medicine and Pathobiology, and Medicine, University of Toronto, The Banting and Best Diabetes Centre, Toronto General Hospital, University of Toronto, Toronto M5G 2C4, Canada
J Biol Chem 280:22124-34. 2005....
- GLP-2 stimulates colonic growth via KGF, released by subepithelial myofibroblasts with GLP-2 receptorsCathrine Ørskov
Department of Medical Anatomy, The Panum Institute, University of Copenhagen, Blegdamsvej 3C, Copenhagen DK 2200, Denmark
Regul Pept 124:105-12. 2005..Glucagon-like peptide-2 is thought to act as a growth factor for the gut, but the localization of the GLP-2 receptor and mechanism of action on epithelial growth is unclear...
- The HeLa cell glucagon-like peptide-2 receptor is coupled to regulation of apoptosis and ERK1/2 activation through divergent signaling pathwaysJ A Koehler
Department of Medicine, General Hospital, Banting and Best Diabetes Centre, 200 Elizabeth Street, MBRW4R 402, Toronto, Canada M5G 2C4
Mol Endocrinol 19:459-73. 2005....
- Glucagon-like peptide 2: a nutrient-responsive gut growth factorD G Burrin
U S Department of Agriculture ARS Children s Nutrition Research Center, Department of Pediatrics, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030, USA
J Nutr 131:709-12. 2001..Based on its efficacy in preventing atrophy and stimulating growth in the neonatal gut, GLP-2 may be a promising therapeutic adjuvant for treatment of infants with compromised gut function...
- Enteroendocrine localization of GLP-2 receptor expression in humans and rodentsB Yusta
Department of Medicine, Toronto General Hospital, Banting and Best Diabetes Centre, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Gastroenterology 119:744-55. 2000..GLP-2 acts via binding to a single G protein-coupled GLP-2 receptor (GLP-2R), but the cellular targets for the diverse actions of GLP-2 remain unknown...
- Physiological Role of CNS GLP-2 Receptor in Energy HomeostasisXinfu Guan; Fiscal Year: 2010..aim 1 will define the physiological role of the CNS GLP-2R in energy homeostasis using our newly generated glp2r-floxed conditional knockout mouse model...
- Physiological role of GLP-2 receptor in the mouse intestinal growth and functionXinfu Guan; Fiscal Year: 2009..Aim 1- Develop a global glp2r gene knockout mouse model to establish the physiological role of the GLP-2R in intestinal growth and function...
- MINIMAL ENTERAL NUTRIENT REQUIREMENTS IN NEONATESDouglas Burrin; Fiscal Year: 2004....