Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: GLCCI1
Description: glucocorticoid induced 1
Alias: FAM117C, GCTR, GIG18, TSSN1, glucocorticoid-induced transcript 1 protein, glucocorticoid induced transcript 1
- Single Nucleotide Polymorphisms in Pediatric Idiopathic Nephrotic SyndromeMaija Suvanto
Children s Hospital, University of Helsinki and Helsinki University Hospital, 00290 Helsinki, Finland
Int J Nephrol 2016:1417456. 2016..MIF), neural nitric oxide synthetase (nNOS), multidrug resistance-1 (MDR1), glucocorticoid-induced transcript-1 (GLCCI1), and nuclear receptor subfamily-3 (NR3C1)) in 100 INS patients followed up till adulthood...
- Conditioned stress prevents cue-primed cocaine reinstatement only in stress-responsive ratsNatalie A Hadad
a Department of Psychology, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL, USA
Stress 19:406-18. 2016..concentrations than Ctrls, and decreased gene expression of corticotropin releasing hormone (CRH) and Glcci1 in the hippocampus...
- GLCCI1 is a novel component associated with the PI3K signaling pathway in podocyte foot processesSang Hoon Kim
Department of Biotechnology, College of Life Sciences and Biotechnology, Korea University, Seoul, Korea
Exp Mol Med 48:e233. 2016..Glucocorticoid-induced transcript 1 (GLCCI1) is transcriptionally regulated, but its signaling pathway in podocytes is unknown...
- GLCCI1 Variation Is Associated with Asthma Susceptibility and Inhaled Corticosteroid Response in a Chinese Han PopulationChengping Hu
Department of Respiratory Medicine, Xiangya Hospital, Central South University Key Cite of National Clinical Research Center for Respiratory Disease, Changsha, Hunan, China
Arch Med Res 47:118-25. 2016b>GLCCI1 variations are found to be associated with response to glucocorticoid therapy in non-Hispanic white subjects with asthma. However, there are also other relevant studies that were not consistent with this finding...
- GLCCI1 and Glucocorticoid Receptor Genetic Diversity and Response to Glucocorticoid-Based Treatment of Graft-versus-Host DiseaseAlix O'Meara
Hematology Transplantation, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Saint Louis Hospital, Paris, France
Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 21:1246-50. 2015..of functionally relevant single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNP) belonging to the GC-induced transcript 1 GLCCI1 (rs37972) and the glucocorticoid receptor (rs41423247, rs6195 and rs6198) gene loci were analyzed alongside ..
- Polymorphisms in the glucocorticoid receptor gene and in the glucocorticoid-induced transcript 1 gene are associated with disease activity and response to glucocorticoid bridging therapy in rheumatoid arthritisR A M Quax
Department of Internal Medicine, Erasmus MC, University Medical Center, P O B 2040, 3000 CA, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Rheumatol Int 35:1325-33. 2015..the association between the presence of glucocorticoid receptor (GR) and glucocorticoid-induced transcript 1 (GLCCI1) gene polymorphisms, which modulate GC sensitivity, and baseline disease activity score (DAS) and efficacy of GC ..
- Rs37972 and rs37973 single-nucleotide polymorphisms in the glucocorticoid-inducible 1 gene are not associated with asthma risk in a Saudi Arabian populationSaleh Al-Muhsen
Prince Naif Center for Immunology Research and Asthma Research Chair, College of Medicine, King Saud University, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
J Asthma 52:115-22. 2015..This study aims to determine whether rs37972 and rs37973 SNPs are associated with asthma risk in Saudi Arabian asthmatics...
- Admixture of beneficial and unfavourable variants of GLCCI1 and FCER2 in Roma samples can implicate different clinical response to corticosteroidsRenata Szalai
Department of Medical Genetics, University of Pecs, Szigeti 12, Pecs, 7624, Hungary
Mol Biol Rep 41:7665-9. 2014Variants of glucocorticoid induced transcript 1 (GLCCI1) result decreased response to inhaled corticosteroids, while intronic variant of low-affinity IgE receptor (FCER2) is associated with exacerbation rates in children with asthma...
- Pharmacogenetic analysis of GLCCI1 in three north European pediatric asthma populations with a reported use of inhaled corticosteroidsSusanne J H Vijverberg
Division of Pharmacoepidemiology and Clinical Pharmacology, Utrecht Institute for Pharmaceutical Sciences UIPS, Faculty of Science, Utrecht University, Utrecht, The Netherlands and Department of Respiratory Medicine and Laboratory for Translational Immunology, University Medical Centre Utrecht, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Pharmacogenomics 15:799-806. 2014b>GLCCI1 rs37972 has previously been associated with decreased lung function improvement upon treatment with inhaled corticosteroids (ICS) in asthmatics.
- Heritability and genetic association analysis of cognition in the Diabetes Heart StudyAmanda J Cox
Center for Human Genomics, Wake Forest School of Medicine, Winston Salem, NC, USA Center for Diabetes Research, Wake Forest School of Medicine, Winston Salem, NC, USA Department of Biochemistry, Wake Forest School of Medicine, Winston Salem, NC, USA
Neurobiol Aging 35:1958.e3-1958.e12. 2014....
- GLCCI1 variant accelerates pulmonary function decline in patients with asthma receiving inhaled corticosteroidsY Izuhara
Department of Respiratory Medicine, Graduate School of Medicine, Kyoto University, Kyoto, Japan
Allergy 69:668-73. 2014..expiratory flow volume in one second (FEV1 ) and the variant of the glucocorticoid-induced transcript 1 gene (GLCCI1) in Japanese patients with asthma receiving long-term ICS treatment, taking into account the effect of high serum ..
- Exome capture sequencing of adenoma reveals genetic alterations in multiple cellular pathways at the early stage of colorectal tumorigenesisDonger Zhou
The Key Laboratory of Cancer Prevention and Intervention of China National Ministry of Education, the Key Laboratory of Molecular Biology in Medical Sciences of Zhejiang Province, Cancer Institute, Hangzhou, Zhejiang, China
PLoS ONE 8:e53310. 2013..Most of these mutations including OR6X1, SLC15A3, KRTHB4, RBFOX1, LAMA3, CDH20, BIRC6, NMBR, GLCCI1, EFR3A, and FTHL17 were newly reported in colorectal adenomas...
- Expression of lymphocyte coding genes in peripheral blood and lymphocyte infiltration in cardiac tissues influenced by cyclosporin A in heterotopic heart transplantation model in ratsXiu Fang Xu
Department of Molecular Biology, Capital Medical University Affiliated with Beijing Anzhen Hospital, Beijing Institute of Heart, Lung and Blood Vessel Diseases, Beijing 100029, PR China
Transpl Immunol 29:82-7. 2013..Histopathological changes were monitored in cardiac tissue to determine the level of transplant rejection...
- Genetic analysis of albuminuria in collaborative cross and multiple mouse intercross populationsJill Thaisz
Novartis Institute for Biomedical Research, 1 Health Plaza, Bldg 437, Rm 4331, East Hanover, NJ 07936, USA
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 303:F972-81. 2012..Expression analysis also identified Glcci1, a gene known to affect podocyte structure and function in zebrafish, as a strong candidate gene for the ..
- GLCCI1 single nucleotide polymorphisms in pediatric nephrotic syndromeHae Il Cheong
Department of Pediatrics, Seoul National University Children s Hospital, Seoul, Korea
Pediatr Nephrol 27:1595-9. 2012..SNPs) have been recently identified in the promoter region of glucocorticoid-induced transcript 1 gene (GLCCI1) which affect steroid-responsiveness in asthmatic patients...
- Predicting inhaled corticosteroid response in asthma with two associated SNPsM J McGeachie
Partners Healthcare Center for Personalized Genetic Medicine, Boston, MA, USA
Pharmacogenomics J 13:306-11. 2013..single-nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs), rs1876828 in corticotrophin releasing hormone receptor 1 and rs37973 in GLCCI1, have previously been associated with corticosteroid efficacy...
- An expression microarray approach for the identification of metastable epialleles in the mouse genomeCaren Weinhouse
Department of Environmental Health Sciences University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, USA
Epigenetics 6:1105-13. 2011..The CpG island in the promoter of Dnajb1 and two contraoriented ERV class II repeats in Glcci1 were validated to display underlying stochasticity in methylation patterns common to metastable epialleles...
- Isolation of differentially expressed sequence tags from steroid-responsive cells using mRNA differential displayM S Chapman
Department of Biochemistry, University of Arizona, Tucson 85724, USA
Mol Cell Endocrinol 108:R1-7. 1995..2. Two of these DESTs, GIG10 and GIG18, are rapidly induced by dexamethasone within 2 h of treatment...
- Genomewide association between GLCCI1 and response to glucocorticoid therapy in asthmaKelan G Tantisira
Channing Laboratory, Brigham and Women s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, USA
N Engl J Med 365:1173-83. 2011..We hypothesized that a genomewide association study would reveal novel pharmacogenetic determinants of the response to inhaled glucocorticoids...
- Glcci1 deficiency leads to proteinuriaYukino Nishibori
Department of Medical Biochemistry and Biophysics, Division of Matrix Biology, Karolinska Institutet, 171 77 Stockholm, Sweden
J Am Soc Nephrol 22:2037-46. 2011Unbiased transcriptome profiling and functional genomics approaches identified glucocorticoid-induced transcript 1 (GLCCI1) as being a transcript highly specific for the glomerulus, but its role in glomerular development and disease is ..
- Association of regions on chromosomes 6 and 7 with blood pressure in Nigerian familiesBamidele O Tayo
Department of Preventive Medicine and Epidemiology, Loyola University Chicago Stritch School of Medicine, Maywood, IL 60153, USA
Circ Cardiovasc Genet 2:38-45. 2009..In our earlier genome-wide linkage study for BP in this population, strong linkage evidence was noted on chromosomes 6 and 7...
- Expression patterns of SP1 and SP3 during mouse spermatogenesis: SP1 down-regulation correlates with two successive promoter changes and translationally compromised transcriptsWenli Ma
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, University of South Carolina, Columbia, South Carolina 29208, USA
Biol Reprod 79:289-300. 2008..As part of this work, we also identified five additional, minor Sp1 cap sites by 5' rapid amplification of cDNA ends, including a trans-spliced RNA originating from the Glcci1 gene.
- Combinatorial regulation of novel erythroid gene expression in zebrafishJenna L Galloway
Stem Cell Program and Division of Hematology Oncology, Children s Hospital Boston and Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, Mass, USA
Exp Hematol 36:424-32. 2008..novel genes kelch-repeat containing protein (krcp), kiaa0650, and testhymin/glucocorticoid inducible transcript 1 (glcci1) to be expressed in erythroid cells in a Gata-independent manner, and we sought to further understand how these ..
- Two genes, three messengers: hybrid transcript between a gene expressed at specific stages of T-cell and sperm maturation and an unrelated adjacent geneArkadiusz Miazek
Centre d immunologie de Marseille Luminy, INSERM CNRS Univ Med, Parc Scientifique de Luminy, Case 906, 13288 Marseille Cedex 9, France
Immunogenetics 54:681-92. 2003..This approach led to the characterization of a cDNA, Tssn1, which is predominantly expressed in CD4(+)CD8(+) cells and at specific stages of spermatogenesis...
- Transcriptional control of steroid-regulated apoptosis in murine thymoma cellsM S Chapman
Department of Biochemistry, University of Arizona, Tucson 85721, USA
Mol Endocrinol 10:967-78. 1996..this further, we examined the steroid-regulated expression of an endogenous thymocyte-specific gene called GIG18. We found that GIG18 was rapidly induced to comparable levels by both AR and GR, demonstrating that AR can indeed ..