Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: GJA5
Description: gap junction protein alpha 5
Alias: ATFB11, CX40, gap junction alpha-5 protein, connexin 40, gap junction protein alpha 5 40kDa
Publications245 found, 100 shown here
- Multiple members of the connexin gene family participate in preimplantation development of the mouseT C Davies
Department of Zoology, University of Western Ontario, London, Canada
Dev Genet 18:234-43. 1996..3, Cx31.1, and Cx40 mRNAs accumulate beginning in the eight-cell stage...
- Chromosome 1q21.1 contiguous gene deletion is associated with congenital heart diseaseJesse Christiansen
Department of Medical Genetics, University of Alberta Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Circ Res 94:1429-35. 2004..We screened 505 unrelated CHD cases for deletions or duplications of the Cx40 gene (GJA5) by real-time quantitative PCR, in order to determine whether altered copy number of this gene may be associated ..
- Phenotype-specific effect of chromosome 1q21.1 rearrangements and GJA5 duplications in 2436 congenital heart disease patients and 6760 controlsRachel Soemedi
Institute of Genetic Medicine, Newcastle University, Newcastle, UK
Hum Mol Genet 21:1513-20. 2012..1 in cases of TOF. These small duplications encompassed a single gene in common, GJA5, and were enriched in cases of TOF in comparison to controls [OR = 10.7 (95% CI 1.8-64.3), P = 0.01]...
- Identification of endothelial cell genes expressed in an in vitro model of angiogenesis: induction of ESM-1, (beta)ig-h3, and NrCAMMark Aitkenhead
Molecular Biology and Biochemistry, University of California at Irvine, Irvine, California 92697, USA
Microvasc Res 63:159-71. 2002..These data expand the suite of genes implicated in vascular remodeling and angiogenesis...
- Chamber-related differences in connexin expression in the human heartC Vozzi
National Heart and Lung Institute, Imperial College of Science, Technology and Medicine, London, UK
J Mol Cell Cardiol 31:991-1003. 1999..Three additional connexin isoforms, Cx40, Cx45 and Cx37, of distinctive functional capacities in vitro, are expressed in cardiovascular cells, but our ..
- Genomic organization and alternative transcripts of the human Connexin40 geneLaurent Dupays
Laboratoire de Genetique et Physiologie du Developpement, UMR 6545, Institut de Biologie du Developpement de Marseille, Universite de la Mediterranee, 13288 Marseille Cedex 9, France
Gene 305:79-90. 2003The human Cx40 gene (NT_004434...
- Gap junctions are required for trophoblast proliferation in early human placental developmentT Nishimura
Samuel Lunenfeld Research Institute, Mount Sinai Hospital, Toronto, Canada
Placenta 25:595-607. 2004..We have identified transcripts for five connexin gap junction proteins in the early human placenta (Cx32, Cx37, Cx40, Cx43 and Cx45). Of these, Cx40 and Cx45 proteins immunolocalize to EVT in anchoring cell columns...
- Association of human connexin40 gene polymorphisms with atrial vulnerability as a risk factor for idiopathic atrial fibrillationMehran Firouzi
Department of Medical Physiology, University Medical Center Utrecht, The Netherlands
Circ Res 95:e29-33. 2004..2 linked polymorphisms within regulatory regions of the gene for the atrial gap junction protein connexin40 (Cx40) at nucleotides -44 (G-->A) and +71 (A-->G), which were associated with familial atrial standstill...
- Somatic mutations in the connexin 40 gene (GJA5) in atrial fibrillationMichael H Gollob
Arrhythmia Research Laboratory and Division of Cardiology, Department of Medicine, University of Ottawa Heart Institute, Ottawa, Canada
N Engl J Med 354:2677-88. 2006..The cardiac gap-junction protein connexin 40 is expressed selectively in atrial myocytes and mediates the coordinated electrical activation of the atria...
- The association of human connexin 40 genetic polymorphisms with atrial fibrillationJyh Ming Juang
National Taiwan University Hospital Yun Lin Branch, Yun Lin, Taiwan
Int J Cardiol 116:107-12. 2007..We investigated the association between Af and polymorphisms of the connexin 40 (Cx40) gene, which is important in the electrical coupling between atrial myocytes.
- Effect of high-frequency electromagnetic fields on trophoblastic connexinsFranco Cervellati
Department of Biology and Evolution, Section of General Physiology, University of Ferrara, Via L Borsari 46, 44100 Ferrara, Italy
Reprod Toxicol 28:59-65. 2009..HF-EMF exposure significantly and selectively increased Cx40 and Cx43, without altering protein expression...
- Paradigm of genetic mosaicism and lone atrial fibrillation: physiological characterization of a connexin 43-deletion mutant identified from atrial tissueIsabelle L Thibodeau
Department of Medicine, University of Western Ontario, London, Ontario, Canada
Circulation 122:236-44. 2010..In this study, we provide data supporting a novel paradigm that atrial tissue-specific genetic defects may be associated with sporadic cases of lone AF...
- Novel connexin40 missense mutations in patients with familial atrial fibrillationYi qing Yang
Department of Cardiovascular Research, Shanghai Chest Hospital Affiliated to Shanghai Jiaotong University, 241 West Huaihai Road, Shanghai 200030, China
Europace 12:1421-7. 2010..This research was aimed at screening connexin40, a cardiac gap junction protein alpha 5, for genetic defects in patients with familial atrial fibrillation (AF)...
- Connexin40 nonsense mutation in familial atrial fibrillationYi qing Yang
Department of Cardiovasular Research, Shanghai Chest Hospital Affiliated to Shanghai Jiaotong University, Shanghai, P R China
Int J Mol Med 26:605-10. 2010..The findings suggest a pathogenic link between the compromised connexin40 function and familial AF, hence providing new insight into the molecular mechanisms involved in AF...
- A common connexin-40 gene promoter variant affects connexin-40 expression in human atria and is associated with atrial fibrillationRobert C Wirka
Cleveland Clinic Lerner College of Medicine, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, OH, USA
Circ Arrhythm Electrophysiol 4:87-93. 2011A common single-nucleotide polymorphism (SNP) in the promoter of the Connexin-40 (Cx40) gene GJA5 was suggested to affect Cx40 promoter activity and the risk of atrial fibrillation (AF), but the role of other common Cx40 polymorphisms is ..
- Rare variants in GJA5 are associated with early-onset lone atrial fibrillationIngrid E Christophersen
Danish National Research Foundation Centre for Cardiac Arrhythmia, Copenhagen, Denmark
Can J Cardiol 29:111-6. 2013..The gene GJA5 encodes the gap-junction protein Cx40, which together with Cx43 is responsible for the electrical coupling of the atrial cardiomyocytes...
- Novel germline GJA5/connexin40 mutations associated with lone atrial fibrillation impair gap junctional intercellular communicationYiguo Sun
Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, University of Western Ontario, London, Ontario, Canada
Hum Mutat 34:603-9. 2013..Here, we investigate the molecular and cellular mechanisms of lone AF-linked germline mutations in the connexin40 (Cx40) gene, GJA5. The entire coding region of GJA5 was sequenced in 68 unrelated patients with lone AF...
- Alpha-1-adrenoceptor subtype selective regulation of connexin 43 expression in rat cardiomyocytesDiana Marcela Rojas Gomez
Clinic for Cardiac Surgery, University of Leipzig, Struempellstr 39, 04289 Leipzig, Germany
Naunyn Schmiedebergs Arch Pharmacol 377:77-85. 2008..Phenylephrine led to enhanced Cx43 expression with a pEC50 8.00+/-0.06. The other cardiac connexins, Cx40 and Cx45, as well as GAPDH were not affected...
- Expression of connexins 40 and 43 in human left atrium in atrial fibrillation of different aetiologiesU Wetzel
Department of Electrophysiology, Cardiology, University of Leipzig Heart Centre, Strumpellstrasse 39, D 04289 Leipzig, Germany
Heart 91:166-70. 2005..To test the hypothesis that atrial fibrillation (AF) is associated with changes in the expression of connexins 40 and 43 in the left atrium with more pronounced changes in mitral valve disease than in lone AF...
- Role of the calpain system in pulmonary vein connexin remodeling in dogs with atrial fibrillationWei Zhang
Department of Cardiology, Qilu Hospital of Shandong University, Key Laboratory of Cardiovascular Remodeling and Function Research, Chinese Ministry of Education and Chinese Ministry of Public Health, Ji Nan, PR China
Cardiology 112:22-30. 2009..Changes in connexins and calpains of the myocardial sleeve of the pulmonary vein and the left atrium were investigated in chronic atrial fibrillation (AF) animal models...
- Heterogeneity in the distribution of vascular gap junctions and connexins: implications for functionC E Hill
Division of Neuroscience, John Curtin School of Medical Research, Australian National University, Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
Clin Exp Pharmacol Physiol 29:620-5. 2002..b>Connexin 40 was not detected in the media of any of the arteries, while very fine punctate staining was observed with Cx37 ..
- mRNA expression pattern of multiple members of connexin gene family in normal and abnormal fetal gonads in mouseSubhash C Juneja
Department of Zoology, The University of Western Ontario, London, Canada
Indian J Physiol Pharmacol 47:147-56. 2003..5 dpc knockout (Cx43-/-) fetuses. The mRNA expression pattern of connexins (Cx26, Cx30.3, Cx31, Cx31.1, Cx32, Cx37, Cx40, Cx43, Cx45, Cx46 and Cx50) was analyzed by RT-PCR...
- Chronic regulation of the expression of gap junction proteins connexin40, connexin43, and connexin45 in neonatal rat cardiomyocytesAida Salameh
Medizinische Klinik I, Abteilung Kardiologie, Universitätsklinik Leipzig, Johannisallee 32, 04103 Leipzig, Germany
Eur J Pharmacol 503:9-16. 2004..In the working myocardium, the connexin43 (Cx43) is most abundantly found, whereas connexin40 (Cx40) is expressed in the atria and in the conduction system [together with low levels of connexin45 (Cx45)]...
- Differential connexin expression in preglomerular and postglomerular vasculature: accentuation during diabetesJianhong Zhang
Division of Neuroscience, John Curtin School of Medical Research, Australian National University, Canberra, Australia
Kidney Int 68:1171-85. 2005..We have therefore made a comprehensive analysis of connexin expression in the renal vasculature of control and diabetic mice since elevated glucose has been reported to down-regulate connexin 43 in vascular cells in vitro...
- Influence of v5/6-His tag on the properties of gap junction channels composed of connexin43, connexin40 or connexin45Thomas Desplantez
Institute of Physiology, University of Bern, Buhlplatz 5, 3012 Bern, Switzerland
J Membr Biol 240:139-50. 2011..connexin40 or connexin45 and connexins fused with a V5/6-His tag to the carboxyl terminus (CT) domain (Cx43-tag, Cx40-tag, Cx45-tag) were used to study connexin expression and the electrical properties of gap junction channels...
- Connexin43 null mice reveal that astrocytes express multiple connexinsR Dermietzel
Department of Neuroscience, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY 10461, USA
Brain Res Brain Res Rev 32:45-56. 2000..Presence of Cx40 and Cx45 in brains and astrocytes cultured from both Cx43 (-/-) mice and wildtype littermates was confirmed by RT-..
- Gap junction permeability: selectivity for anionic and cationic probesG Kanaporis
Dept of Physiology and Biophysics, State University of New York at Stony Brook, Stony Brook, NY 11794 8661, USA
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 300:C600-9. 2011..Here, we report the permeability of homotypic connexin26 (Cx26), Cx40, Cx43, and Cx45 gap junction channels stably expressed in HeLa cells to solutes with different size and net charge...
- Temporal expression of neuronal connexins during hippocampal ontogenyR Rozental
Department of Neuroscience, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY 10461, USA
Brain Res Brain Res Rev 32:57-71. 2000..of Cx43 begin to decline with concurrent expression of other connexin proteins, including Cx26, Cx33, Cx36, Cx40 and Cx45...
- Connexins 40 and 43 are differentially regulated within the kidneys of rats with renovascular hypertensionJ A Haefliger
Department of Internal Medicine, Laboratory of Clinical Chemistry, Division of Physiopathology, University Hospital, Lausanne, Switzerland
Kidney Int 60:190-201. 2001b>Connexin 40 (Cx40) is a gap junction protein expressed in endothelial cells of vessels, endocardium, and conducting cells of the His-Purkinje system of heart. Its distribution in the kidney remains to be fully investigated.
- Opposing effects of nitric oxide on different connexins expressed in the vascular systemP Kameritsch
Institute of Physiology, Ludwig Maximilians University, Germany
Cell Commun Adhes 10:305-9. 2003..In the vascular system, gap junctions can be formed by four different connexins (Cx37, Cx40, Cx43 and Cx45)...
- Reduced incidence of vagally induced atrial fibrillation and expression levels of connexins by n-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids in dogsJean Francois Sarrazin
Institut Universitaire de Cardiologie et Pneumologie, Quebec, Canada
J Am Coll Cardiol 50:1505-12. 2007..This open-label canine study assessed whether n-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids (PUFAs) prevent vagally induced atrial fibrillation (AF) and influence atrial tissue expression levels of connexins (CXs)...
- Dysregulation of connexins and inactivation of NFATc1 in the cardiovascular system of Nkx2-5 null mutantsLaurent Dupays
Laboratoire de Génétique et Physiologie du Développement UMR CNRS 6545, Institut de Biologie du Developpement de Marseille, Universite de la Mediterranee, 13288 Marseille Cedex 9, France
J Mol Cell Cardiol 38:787-98. 2005..In the mutant embryos the aorta is collapsed, and the vascular endothelial Cxs, Cx40 and Cx37, are no longer expressed in its posterior region...
- Effects of sterile pericarditis on connexins 40 and 43 in the atria: correlation with abnormal conduction and atrial arrhythmiasKyungmoo Ryu
Department of Biomedical Engineering, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 293:H1231-41. 2007..Sustained arrhythmias were only inducible in SP [total: 4/5 (AFL: 3/5; AF: 1/5)]. In NL, Cx40, Cx43, alpha-actinin, and vimentin were homogeneously distributed transmurally...
- Permeability of homotypic and heterotypic gap junction channels formed of cardiac connexins mCx30.2, Cx40, Cx43, and Cx45Mindaugas Rackauskas
Department of Neuroscience, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY 10461, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 293:H1729-36. 2007..The anionic divalent dye Lucifer yellow (LY) remained permeant in Cx40, Cx43, and Cx45 channels, but transfer through mCx30.2 channels was not detected...
- Angiotensin II-induced hypertension is associated with a selective inhibition of endothelium-derived hyperpolarizing factor-mediated responses in the rat mesenteric arteryStéphanie Dal-Ros
Département de Pharmacologie et Physicochimie, Unité Mixte de Recherche 7175 Centre National de Recherche Scientifique Université Louis Pasteur Strasbourg I, Faculté de Pharmacie 74, Illkirch, France
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 328:478-86. 2009..The expression of the three connexins (Cxs), Cx37, Cx40, and Cx43, was quantified in segments of mesenteric arteries by immunohistochemistry and quantitative real-time ..
- Connexin abundance in resistance vessels from the renal microcirculation in normo- and hypertensive ratsThomas Hartig Braunstein
Danish National Research Foundation Center for Cardiac Arrhythmia Research, Division of Renal and Microvascular Research, Department of Biomedical Sciences, University of Copenhagen, Blegdamsvej 3, Copenhagen, Denmark
APMIS 117:268-76. 2009..To test this hypothesis, the amount of connexin 37 (Cx37), Cx40 and Cx43 was assessed in renal arterioles from normo- and hypertensive rats using quantitative immunofluorescence ..
- Alteration of Cx43:Cx40 expression ratio in A7r5 cellsJ M Burt
Department of Physiology, University of Arizona, Tucson, Arizona 85724, USA
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 280:C500-8. 2001..To examine this possibility, we stably transfected A7r5 cells, which naturally coexpress Cx43 and Cx40, with a vector encoding antisense Cx43...
- Expression and role of connexins in the rat renal vasculatureT Takenaka
Department of Nephrology, Saitama Medical College, Saitama, Japan
Kidney Int 73:415-22. 2008..connexins 37 and 40 expression in the endothelial and renin-secreting cells of the afferent arteriole, while connexin 40 was also found in extra- and intraglomerular mesangial cells...
- Connexin mimetic peptides fail to inhibit vascular conducted calcium responses in renal arteriolesCharlotte Mehlin Sorensen
Univ of Copenhagen, Dept of Biomedical Sciences, The Panum Institute, Bldg 10 5, Blegdamsvej 3, DK 2200 Copenhagen N, Denmark
Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 295:R840-7. 2008..Application of connexin mimetic peptides directed against Cx40, 37/43, 45, or a cocktail with equimolar amounts of each, did not inhibit the propagated response, whereas the ..
- Connexins and the kidneyFiona Hanner
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, Zilkha Neurogenetic Institute, University of Southern California, 1501 San Pablo St, Los Angeles, CA 90033, USA
Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 298:R1143-55. 2010..In the renal vasculature, Cx37, Cx40, Cx43, and Cx45 are expressed, with predominant expression of Cx40 in the endothelial cells and Cx45 in the ..
- Heterogeneous expression of endothelial connexin (Cx) 37, Cx40, and Cx43 in rat large veinsTetsuichiro Inai
Department of Developmental Molecular Anatomy, Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Kyushu University, 3 1 1 Maidashi, Higashi ku, Fukuoka, 812 8582, Japan
Anat Sci Int 84:237-45. 2009..The vascular endothelial cells express Cx37, Cx40, and Cx43...
- Molecular cloning and expression of rat connexin40, a gap junction protein expressed in vascular smooth muscleE C Beyer
Department of Pediatrics, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri 63110
J Membr Biol 127:69-76. 1992..amplification and cDNA library screening to clone DNA encoding a novel member of this gene family, rat connexin40 (Cx40). The derived rat Cx40 polypeptide contains 356 amino acids, with a predicted molecular mass of 40,233 Da...
- Comparison of connexin expression patterns in the developing mouse heart and human foetal heartSteven R Coppen
Cardiac Medicine, National Heart and Lung Institute, Faculty of Medicine, Imperial College, Royal Brompton Hospital, London, UK
Mol Cell Biochem 242:121-7. 2003..The expression of the three major connexins (Cx43, Cx40 and Cx45) present in cardiac myocytes is known to be developmentally regulated but it is not clear how the patterns ..
- Decreased intercellular dye-transfer and downregulation of non-ablated connexins in aortic endothelium deficient in connexin37 or connexin40Alexander M Simon
Department of Physiology, University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ 85724, USA
J Cell Sci 116:2223-36. 2003..Connexin37 (Cx37) and connexin40 (Cx40) are the predominant gap-junction proteins present in mouse endothelium...
- Connexins and impulse propagation in the mouse heartJ Jalife
Department of Pharmacology, SUNY Health Science Center, Syracuse, New York 13210, USA
J Cardiovasc Electrophysiol 10:1649-63. 1999..Three gap junction proteins, known as connexins, are expressed in the heart: Cx40, Cx43, and Cx45...
- Heteromeric mixing of connexins: compatibility of partners and functional consequencesE C Beyer
Department of Pediatrics, University of Chicago, IL 60637 1470, USA
Cell Commun Adhes 8:199-204. 2001..by Ni-NTA chromatography) to examine heteromeric mixing of Cx43 with other connexins (including Cx26, Cx37, Cx40, Cx45, and Cx56) in transfected cells...
- Cellular expression of connexins in the rat brain: neuronal localization, effects of kainate-induced seizures and expression in apoptotic neuronal cellsDaniele F Condorelli
Department of Chemical Sciences, Section of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Catania, Catania, Italy
Eur J Neurosci 18:1807-27. 2003..detection for neuronal markers, we provide evidence that, among cerebral connexins (Cx26, Cx32, Cx36, Cx37, Cx40, Cx43, Cx45 and Cx47), only Cx45 and Cx36 mRNAs are localized in neuronal cells in both developing and adult rat ..
- Biophysical properties of homomeric and heteromultimeric channels formed by cardiac connexinsAlonso P Moreno
Krannert Institute of Cardiology, Indiana University School of Medicine, 1800 N Capitol Ave Suite 310, Indianapolis, IN 46202, USA
Cardiovasc Res 62:276-86. 2004..g., Cx43, Cx45 or Cx40. These properties include transjunctional and transmembrane voltage gating as well as their perm-selectivity, ..
- The extracellular matrix controls gap junction protein expression and function in postnatal hippocampal neural progenitor cellsSophie Imbeault
Neural Regeneration Laboratory and Ottawa Institute of Systems Biology, Dept of Biochemistry, Microbiology, and Immunology, University of Ottawa, ON, Canada
BMC Neurosci 10:13. 2009..It is not known how these two signalling systems interact. Here, we examined the role of ECM components in regulating connexin expression and function in postnatal hippocampal progenitor cells...
- Adrenergic control of cardiac gap junction function and expressionAida Salameh
Clinic for Paediatric Cardiology, Heart Centre, University of Leipzig, Strümpellstraße 39, 04289, Leipzig, Germany
Naunyn Schmiedebergs Arch Pharmacol 383:331-46. 2011..In the heart, the connexin isoforms Cx43, Cx40 and Cx45 are present with Cx43 being the most abundant isoform...
- Gap junctions and connexins: potential contributors to the immunological synapseErnesto Oviedo-Orta
Bristol Heart Institute, Bristol Royal Infirmary, United Kingdom
J Leukoc Biol 72:636-42. 2002..The most widespread is connexin 43, but connexin 40 is also present in secondary lymphoid organs...
- Expression of connexins in the normal and obstructed developing kidneyDouglas M Silverstein
Division of Nephrology, Department of Pediatrics, Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center, New Orleans, Louisiana, USA
Pediatr Nephrol 18:216-24. 2003..Our reverse transcription-polymerase chain reaction (RT-PCR) studies demonstrate that Cx30, Cx36, Cx37, Cx40, Cx45, Cx46, and Cx50 are expressed in the kidney...
- The role of connexin40 in atrial fibrillationSevasti Maria Chaldoupi
Department of Cardiology, Division Heart and Lungs, University Medical Center Utrecht, The Netherlands
Cardiovasc Res 84:15-23. 2009Connexin40 (Cx40) is a major gap-junction protein in the atrial myocardium. In the heart, gap junctions are responsible for cell-to-cell conduction of the action potential...
- Connexin expression and gap junctional coupling in human cumulus cells: contribution to embryo qualityH X Wang
Department of Physiology, Schulich School of Medicine and Dentistry, The University of Western Ontario, London, ON, Canada
J Cell Mol Med 13:972-84. 2009..Of the connexin proteins detected, Cx43 forms numerous gap junction-like plaques but Cx26, Cx30, Cx30.3, Cx32 and Cx40 appeared to be restricted to the cytoplasm...
- Effect of transjunctional KCl gradients on the spermine inhibition of connexin40 gap junctionsXianming Lin
Department of Pharmacology, The State University of New York Upstate Medical University, Syracuse, New York 13210, USA
Biophys J 93:483-95. 2007Spermine inhibits rat connexin40 (Cx40) gap junctions. Glutamate residues at positions 9 and 13 and a basic amino acid (HKH) motif at positions 15-17 on the amino terminal domain are essential for this inhibitory activity...
- An amino-terminal lysine residue of rat connexin40 that is required for spermine blockXianming Lin
Department of Pharmacology, SUNY Upstate Medical University, Syracuse, NY 13210, USA
J Physiol 570:251-69. 2006Spermine blocks connexin40 (Cx40) gap junctions, and two cytoplasmic amino-terminal domain glutamate residues are essential for this inhibitory activity...
- Pharmacological modulation and differential regulation of the cardiac gap junction proteins connexin 43 and connexin 40Stefan Dhein
Clinic for Cardiac Surgery, Heart Center Leipzig, University of Leipzig, Struempellstr 39, 04289, Leipzig, Germany
Biol Cell 94:409-22. 2002..Cardiac gap junction channels are predominantly composed of connexin 40 or connexin 43...
- Novel cell lines derived from adult human ventricular cardiomyocytesMercy M Davidson
Department of Neurology, College of Physicians and Surgeons, Columbia University, New York, NY 10032, USA
J Mol Cell Cardiol 39:133-47. 2005..These cell lines are potentially useful in vitro models to study developmental regulation of cardiomyocytes in normal and pathological states...
- Electrical propagation in synthetic ventricular myocyte strands from germline connexin43 knockout micePhilippe Beauchamp
Department of Physiology, University of Bern, Switzerland
Circ Res 95:170-8. 2004..The amount of Cx43, Cx45, and Cx40 in gap junctions was analyzed by immunohistochemistry and confocal microscopy...
- [Collagen spatial distribution in rapid atrial pacing dogs with or without superior vena cava and aortic root fat pad]Ri Xin Xiong
Department of Cardiology, First Affiliated Hospital of Guangxi Medical University, Nanning 530021, China
Zhonghua Xin Xue Guan Bing Za Zhi 38:171-4. 2010To observe the collagen spatial distribution, collagen volume fraction (CVF) and Cx40, Cx43mRNA expressions in rapid atrial pacing dogs post vagal denervation by removing fat pad located between the medial superior vena cava and aortic ..
- Angiotensin II receptor blockade corrects altered expression of gap junctions in vascular endothelial cells from hypertensive ratsYasuo Kansui
Department of Medicine and Clinical Science, Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Kyushu University, Maidashi 3 1 1, Higashi ku, Fukuoka, 812 8582, Japan
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 287:H216-24. 2004..Confocal laser scanning microscopy after immunofluorescent labeling with antibodies against Cx37, Cx40, and Cx43 revealed that the expression of Cx37 and Cx40 in endothelial cells of the mesenteric artery was ..
- Gap junctions and the connexin protein familyGoran Sohl
Institut fur Genetik, Abteilung Molekulargenetik, Universitat Bonn, 53117 Bonn, Germany
Cardiovasc Res 62:228-32. 2004..Among the known "cardiovascular" connexins, Cx37 and Cx40 were demonstrated to be functionally expressed in mouse and human endothelial cells and Cx40, Cx43 as well as Cx45 ..
- Transcriptional downregulation of gap-junction proteins blocks junctional communication in human mammary tumor cell linesS W Lee
Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, Massachusetts 02115
J Cell Biol 118:1213-21. 1992..Connexin genes Cx31.1, Cx32, Cx33, Cx37, and Cx40 are not expressed in either normal cells or the tumor lines examined...
- Connexin40-deficient mice exhibit atrioventricular nodal and infra-Hisian conduction abnormalitiesB A VanderBrink
Cardiac Arrhythmia Service, New England Medical Center, Boston, Massachusetts 02111, USA
J Cardiovasc Electrophysiol 11:1270-6. 2000Previous electrophysiologic investigations have described AV conduction disturbances in connexin40 (Cx40)-deficient mice...
- Impaired conduction in the bundle branches of mouse hearts lacking the gap junction protein connexin40H V van Rijen
Department of Medical Physiology, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Circulation 103:1591-8. 2001..To determine the role of Cx40, we correlated cardiac activation with Connexin distribution in normal and Cx40-deficient mice hearts.
- Connexin45 gap junction channels in rat cerebral vascular smooth muscle cellsX Li
Department of Neurosurgery, University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21201, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 281:H1890-8. 2001Cells in blood vessel walls express connexin (Cx)43, Cx40, and Cx37...
- Chronic effects of endothelin 1 and angiotensin II on gap junctions and intercellular communication in cardiac cellsLioudmilla Polontchouk
Institute of Pharmacology, Martin Luther University of Halle Wittenberg, D 06097 Halle, Germany
FASEB J 16:87-9. 2002..In this study, we examined the effects of ET-1 and AT-II on connexin43 (Cx43) and connexin40 (Cx40) in cultured neonatal rat ventricular cardiomyocytes (NRCs) and the role of mitogen-activated protein kinase ..
- CO(2) sensitivity of voltage gating and gating polarity of gapjunction channels--connexin40 and its COOH-terminus-truncated mutantC Peracchia
Department of Pharmacology and Physiology, University of Rochester School of Medicine, 601 Elmwood Ave, Rochester, NY 14642 8711, USA
J Membr Biol 200:105-13. 2004..sensitivity of transjunctional voltage ( V(j)) gating was studied by dual voltage clamp in oocytes expressing mouse Cx40 or its COOH terminus (CT)-truncated mutant (Cx40-TR)...
- Alterations in connexin expression in the bladder of patients with urge symptomsJochen Neuhaus
Department of Urology, Clinic for Urology, University of Leipzig, Leipzig, Germany
BJU Int 96:670-6. 2005....
- Subchronic alpha- and beta-adrenergic regulation of cardiac gap junction protein expressionA Salameh
Medizinische Klinik I, Abteilung Kardiologie, Universitätsklinik Leipzig, Leipzig, Germany
FASEB J 20:365-7. 2006..The most important cardiac gap junction proteins are connexin43 (predominantly) (Cx43), connexin40 (Cx40), and in early developmental stages connexin45...
- Connexins in the sinoatrial and atrioventricular nodesM R Boyett
Division of Cardiovascular and Endocrine Sciences, University of Manchester, Manchester, UK
Adv Cardiol 42:175-97. 2006..the SAN there is no expression of Cx43 (the principal connexin of the working myocardium) and little expression of Cx40, but there is expression of Cx45 and Cx30.2, whereas in the periphery of the SAN Cx43 as well Cx45 is expressed...
- Spot pattern of leopard Danio is caused by mutation in the zebrafish connexin41.8 geneMasakatsu Watanabe
Graduate School of Bioscience and Biotechnology, Tokyo Institute of Technology, 4259 B21, Yokohama 226 8501, Japan
EMBO Rep 7:893-7. 2006..Using positional cloning, we identified the leopard gene as an orthologue of the mammalian connexin 40 gene...
- Increased eNOS accounts for changes in connexin expression in renal arterioles during diabetesJian Hong Zhang
Division of Neuroscience, John Curtin School of Medical Research, Australian National University, Canberra, ACT 2602, Australia
Anat Rec A Discov Mol Cell Evol Biol 288:1000-8. 2006..Expression of Cx40 in smooth muscle cells of afferent arterioles was increased, while expression of Cx43 in endothelial cells of ..
- Relative contributions of connexins 40 and 43 to atrial impulse propagation in synthetic strands of neonatal and fetal murine cardiomyocytesPhilippe Beauchamp
Department of Physiology, University of Bern, Switzerland
Circ Res 99:1216-24. 2006Atrial tissue expresses both connexin 40 (Cx40) and 43 (Cx43) proteins...
- Molecular genetics of atrial fibrillationChia Ti Tsai
Division of Cardiology, Department of Internal Medicine, National Taiwan University Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan
J Am Coll Cardiol 52:241-50. 2008..However, challenges and pitfalls exist in association studies, and consideration of particular features of study design is necessary before making definite conclusions from these studies...
- In calcineurin-induced cardiac hypertrophy expression of Nav1.5, Cx40 and Cx43 is reduced by different mechanismsMarti F A Bierhuizen
Department of Medical Physiology, Division Heart and Lungs, University Medical Center Utrecht, Yalelaan 50, 3584 CM Utrecht, The Netherlands
J Mol Cell Cardiol 45:373-84. 2008Alterations in expression levels of Na(v)1.5, Cx43 and Cx40 have been frequently reported in cardiac disease and are associated with the development of arrhythmias, but little is known about the underlying molecular mechanisms...
- Connexin expression in renin-producing cellsLisa Kurtz
Institute of Physiology, University of Regensburg, Regensburg, Germany
J Am Soc Nephrol 20:506-12. 2009Absence of connexin 40 (Cx40) leads to ectopic juxtaglomerular renin expression and abrogates recruitment of renin-expressing cells in the adult kidney but does not disturb renin expression during kidney development...
- Connexin isoform expression in smooth muscle cells and endothelial cells of hamster cheek pouch arterioles and retractor feed arteriesChady H Hakim
University of Missouri, Department of Medical Pharmacology and Physiology, Columbia, Missouri 65212, USA
Microcirculation 15:503-14. 2008....
- Isolation, culture and characterization of cardiac progenitor cells derived from human embryonic heart tubesXi Zhang
Institute of Biomedical Engineering, Second Military Medical University, Shanghai 200433, China
Cells Tissues Organs 190:194-208. 2009..They could have a significant impact on cardiac regeneration medicine and developmental biology...
- Normal impulse propagation in the atrioventricular conduction system of Cx30.2/Cx40 double deficient miceJan W Schrickel
Department of Medicine Cardiology, University of Bonn, Sigmund Freud Strasse 25, D 53105 Bonn, Germany
J Mol Cell Cardiol 46:644-52. 2009Connexin (Cx) 30.2, Cx40 and Cx45 containing gap junctional channels contribute to electrical impulse propagation through the mouse atrioventricular node (AV-node)...
- Characterization of the structure and intermolecular interactions between the connexin40 and connexin43 carboxyl-terminal and cytoplasmic loop domainsDenis Bouvier
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, Nebraska 68198, USA
J Biol Chem 284:34257-71. 2009..Among the 21 different human Cx isoforms, studies have suggested that in the heart, Cx40 and Cx43 can oligomerize to form heteromeric hemichannels...
- Role of connexins in microvascular dysfunction during inflammationKarel Tyml
Department of Medical Biophysics, University of Western Ontario, London, ON, Canada
Can J Physiol Pharmacol 89:1-12. 2011..LPS also tyrosine-phosphorylates Cx43 and serine-dephosphorylates Cx40. Since LPS-reduced coupling is Cx40- but not Cx43-dependent, only Cx40 dephosphorylation may be consequential...
- The connexin 40 A96S mutation causes renin-dependent hypertensionIndra Lübkemeier
Institute of Genetics, University of Bonn, Bonn, Germany
J Am Soc Nephrol 22:1031-40. 2011....
- Connexins: key mediators of endocrine functionDomenico Bosco
Department of Surgery, University of Geneva Medical School, Geneva, Switzerland
Physiol Rev 91:1393-445. 2011..a direct participation of the Cx36 isoform in the function of the insulin-producing β-cells of the endocrine pancreas, and of the Cx40 isoform in the function of the renin-producing juxtaglomerular epithelioid cells of the kidney cortex.
- Gating of connexin 43 gap junctions by a cytoplasmic loop calmodulin binding domainQin Xu
Department of Pharmacology, SUNY Upstate Medical University, 750 East Adams St, Syracuse, NY 13210, USA
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 302:C1548-56. 2012..recently identified on the cytoplasmic loop (CL) of at least three α-subfamily connexins (Cx43, Cx44, Cx50), while Cx40 does not have this putative CaM binding domain...
- Resolving cell lineage contributions to the ventricular conduction system with a Cx40-GFP allele: a dual contribution of the first and second heart fieldsLucile Miquerol
Aix Marseille University, CNRS UMR 7288, Developmental Biology Institute of Marseille, Marseille, France
Dev Dyn 242:665-77. 2013..The lineage relationship between progenitor cells giving rise to different components of the VCS is unclear...
- Visfatin reduces gap junction mediated cell-to-cell communication in proximal tubule-derived epithelial cellsClaire E Hills
School of Life Sciences, University of Warwick, Coventry, CV4 7AL, UK
Cell Physiol Biochem 32:1200-12. 2013..In the current study we examined if the adipocytokine, visfatin, alters connexin-mediated intercellular communication in proximal tubule-derived epithelial cells...
- Molecular identification of venous progenitors in the dorsal aorta reveals an aortic origin for the cardinal vein in mammalsHenrik Lindskog
Laboratory for Accelerated Vascular Research, Division of Vascular Surgery, Department of Surgery, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
Development 141:1120-8. 2014..and EphB4, cohabited the early DA with ECs expressing the arterial molecular markers ephrin B2, Notch and connexin 40. These mixed ECs in the early DA expressed either the arterial or venous molecular marker, but rarely both...
- Multiple roles of connexins in atherosclerosis- and restenosis-induced vascular remodellingSandrine Morel
Department of Pathology and Immunology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Geneva, Geneva, Switzerland
J Vasc Res 51:149-61. 2014..The connexins expressed in the vascular wall are Cx37, Cx40, Cx43 and Cx45; their expressions vary with vascular territory and species...
- NO, via its target Cx37, modulates calcium signal propagation selectively at myoendothelial gap junctionsKristin Pogoda
Walter Brendel Centre of Experimental Medicine, Munich Heart Alliance, Ludwig Maximilians Universitat Munchen, Munich, Germany
Cell Commun Signal 12:33. 2014..inhibits gap junctional communication in HeLa cells exclusively expressing connexin 37 (HeLa-Cx37) but not in HeLa-Cx40 or HeLa-Cx43...
- P188Lipopolysaccharide- and omega-3 fatty acids-induced changes in connexin40 expression in endothelium of normotensive rat aortaK Frimmel
Slovak Academy of Sciences, Institute for Heart Research, Bratislava, Slovak Republic
Cardiovasc Res 103:S33. 2014The aim of our study was to investigate the effect of omega-3 fatty acids (FA) on expression of connexin40 (Cx40) in rat aorta during inflammation...
- O-GlcNAcase overexpression reverses coronary endothelial cell dysfunction in type 1 diabetic miceAyako Makino
Department of Physiology, University of Arizona, Tucson, Arizona Department of Medicine, University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, Illinois and Department of Medicine, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, California
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 309:C593-9. 2015..We found that connexin 40 could be the potential target of O-GlcNAcylation that regulates the endothelial functions in diabetes...
- Relating specific connexin co-expression ratio to connexon composition and gap junction functionT Desplantez
Imperial College, Hammersmith Campus, DuCane Road, London W12 0NN, UK Electronic address
J Mol Cell Cardiol 89:195-202. 2015Cardiac connexin 43 (Cx43), Cx40 and Cx45 are co-expressed at distinct ratios in myocytes. This pattern is considered a key factor in regulating the gap junction channels composition, properties and function and remains poorly understood...
- The role of neural connexins in HeLa cell mobility and intercellular communication through tunneling tubesLina Rimkute
Institute of Cardiology, Lithuanian University of Health Sciences, 17 Sukilėlių Ave, 50009, Kaunas, Lithuania
BMC Cell Biol 17:3. 2016..Therefore, we examined the impact of Cxs expressed in the nervous system (Cx36, Cx40, Cx43, Cx45, and Cx47) on: 1) cell mobility; 2) formation and properties of TTs; and 3) transfer of siRNA between ..
- Irx3 is required for postnatal maturation of the mouse ventricular conduction systemKyoung Han Kim
Program in Developmental and Stem Cell Biology, The Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, ON M5G 0A4, Canada
Sci Rep 6:19197. 2016..gene regulates rapid electrical propagation in the VCS by modulating the transcription of gap junction proteins Cx40 and Cx43...
- Functional properties of mouse connexin30.2 expressed in the conduction system of the heartMaria M Kreuzberg
Institut fur Genetik, Abteilung Molekulargenetik, Universitat Bonn, Germany
Circ Res 96:1169-77. 2005..HeLa mCx30.2-EGFP transfectants when paired with cells expressing Cx40, Cx43, or Cx45 formed functional heterotypic gap junction channels that exhibited low unitary conductances (15 to ..
- Separating genetic and hemodynamic defects in neuropilin 1 knockout embryosElizabeth A V Jones
Inserm U833, F 75005, Paris, France
Development 135:2479-88. 2008..and mutants and after culture in no-flow conditions showed down-regulation of the arterial marker genes connexin 40 and ephrin B2 related to the loss of Nrp1 function...
- Connexin43 ablation in foetal atrial myocytes decreases electrical coupling, partner connexins, and sodium currentThomas Desplantez
Department of Physiology, University of Bern, Bern, Switzerland
Cardiovasc Res 94:58-65. 2012..We assessed the effect of interaction between Cx43, Cx40, and Cx45 on atrial cell-to-cell coupling and inward Na current (I(Na)) in engineered pairs of atrial myocytes ..
- The human lens intrinsic membrane protein MP70 (Cx50) gene: clonal analysis and chromosome mappingR L Church
Emory University School of Medicine, Department of Ophthalmology, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
Curr Eye Res 14:215-21. 1995..Of the other six connexin genes which have previously been assigned to a human chromosome, two of these, Cx37 and Cx40, are also found on chromosome 1.
- Incompatibility of connexin 40 and 43 Hemichannels in gap junctions between mammalian cells is determined by intracellular domainsS Haubrich
Abteilung Molekulargenetik, University of Bonn, Germany
Mol Biol Cell 7:1995-2006. 1996Murine connexin 40 (Cx40) and connexin 43 (Cx43) do not form functional heterotypic gap junction channels...
- Virginijus Valiunas; Fiscal Year: 2015..In another case, Cx40 mutations have been correlated with atrial fibrillation and other arrhythmias...
- GAP JUNCTIONS AND IONIC CURRENTS IN DEVELOPING HEARTJenny J Yang; Fiscal Year: 2013..Of the over twenty identified mammalian connexin genes, only four connexins, connexin40 (Cx40), connexin43 (Cx43), connexin45 (Cx45), and connexin 31.9 (Cx31.9), are expressed in the heart...
- SiRNA therapeutics: Gap junction delivery in vitro and in vivoRichard T Mathias; Fiscal Year: 2013..In aim 1 we will determine the permeability of gap junctions made of Cx40, Cx37 and Cx43, to morpholinos and siRNAs...
- "Connexin-Dependent Transcriptomic Networks in Controlling the Heart Rhythm"DUMITRU ANDREI IACOBAS; Fiscal Year: 2010..mutation of the primary gap junction proteins (connexins, Cx) that couple myocytes in ventricles (Cx43) and atria (Cx40) among major causes of cardiac arrhythmias...
- CONNEXONS IN CARDIOVASCULAR CELL COMMUNICATIONEric C Beyer; Fiscal Year: 2013..Two major connexins (CX40 and CX43) are expressed in the atrium...
- Structure and Dynamics of Gap Junction ChannelsMARK JAY YEAGER; Fiscal Year: 2013..our research to include Cx26, mutations in which are the predominant cause of inherited, nonsyndromic deafness, and Cx40, which forms high conductance channels in the specialized conducting tissue of the heart...
- Janis M Burt; Fiscal Year: 2014..Three gap junction proteins are commonly expressed in vascular cells, connexin (Cx) 37, Cx40 and Cx43;in the endothelium Cx37 and Cx40 normally predominate, but during vasculogenesis and with stress, injury ..
- Mechanisms of coronary endothelial dysfunction in diabetesAyako Makino; Fiscal Year: 2011..Gap junctions, formed by connexins (Cxs), provide important pathways for the cell-cell communication and Cx40 is known to be specially important in pathogenesis of hypertension and hyperlipidemia...
- YURIY KUCHERYAVYKH; Fiscal Year: 2015..On the other hand, it was recently shown that intracellular PA block Cx40 gap junctions demonstrating a different effect of PA on different types of Cxs...
- Sathish Kumar; Fiscal Year: 2016..vasodilation by determining mRNA and protein levels of EDHF components SK3 and IK1 channels and connexins (CX37, CX40, and CX47), their subcellular localization, and functional activity using vascular reactivity and membrane ..
- Neil C Chi; Fiscal Year: 2014..In contrast to cardiac Cx40, 43, and 45, the role of Cx46 in heart development or function remains to be further elucidated...
- Role of Gap Junctions in Blood Vessel AssemblyKaren K Hirschi; Fiscal Year: 2012..Gap junction channels can be composed of any of ~20 known connexin (Cx) proteins;however, only Cx37, Cx40, Cx43 and Cx45 are expressed in the vasculature...
- MOLECULAR MECHANISMS OF THE MYOTONIC DYSTROPHY MUTATIONMANI SUBRAMANIAM MAHADEVAN; Fiscal Year: 2013..5, and profound disturbances in connexin 40 (Cx40) and connexin 43 (Cx43), proteins that are targets of Nkx2.5 and crucial for normal cardiac conduction...
- Let-7 miRNA control of heart developmentCathy J Hatcher; Fiscal Year: 2010..Moreover, we have shown that inhibition of let-7 in chick cultured cardiomyocytes leads to increased Nppa and Gja5 expression, a signature of increased TBX5 activity...
- Electrophysiological and antiarrhythmic benefit of cell therapy for heart diseaseKENNETH LAURITA; Fiscal Year: 2010..4) Determine if overexpression of connexin protein (Cx40, Cx43, and Cx45) and SDF-1 (stem cell homing factor) can significantly enhance SKMB and MSC cell therapy for SCD ..
- MOLECULAR BIOLOGY OF INTERCELLULAR JUNCTIONSDaniel Goodenough; Fiscal Year: 2006..There are three specific aims. 1) The connexin37/connexin40 (Cx37-/-/Cx40 -/-) double knockout mouse shows evidence of vascular leakage of both red cells and fluid at selected locations...
- Gap Junction Channel Permeability: A Mutagenic ApproachPeter Brink; Fiscal Year: 2005..specific aims are: Aim la) Transfect mouse N2A cells or rat insulinoma cells (RIN) with mutant versions of Cx43, Cx40, and Cx37 cDNA and determine expression via Western and Northern blot analysis...
- Role of endothelial coupling in the vasculatureTara Mann; Fiscal Year: 2004..of a mouse line lacking two gap junction genes coding for the proteins connexin37 and connexin40 (Cx37 and Cx40) will be studied...
- Patterning by Invasive Mesenchyme in the Embryonic HeartROBERT GOURDIE; Fiscal Year: 2005..g. Connexin 40/42 and Nkx2.5)...
- Gap Junction Mediated Signaling and Vascular ResponsesAlexander M Simon; Fiscal Year: 2010..In the first specific aim, the role of Cx37 and Cx40 in vascular development and angiogenesis is investigated...
- Structure Function in Low Resistance JunctionsCamillo Peracchia; Fiscal Year: 2005..The relevance of a potential CaM binding site identified in connexins (similar to that of CaM kinase II) will be tested with deletion and mutation of crucial Cx32 residues. ..
- Optimized Microarray Analysis of Neural DifferentiationDAVID SPRAY; Fiscal Year: 2002..We expect that these studies will not only improve our use of the microarray analysis, but will develop new concepts by which such expression patterns are generally used. ..
- Regulation of the Endothelial Cell GlycocalyxBrian Duling; Fiscal Year: 2008..The experiments offer the potential for understanding a new level of microvascular regulation, and for developing strategies to understand the intracellular signaling that leads to modification of the glycocalyx. ..
- GAP JUNCTIONS AND SCHWANN CELLSDAVID SPRAY; Fiscal Year: 2002..Together, these studies should answer major questions regarding basic biology of Schwann cells and the role of gap junctions in physiological and pathophysiological conditions. ..
- INTERCELLULAR COMMUNICATION IN THE HEARTEric Beyer; Fiscal Year: 2003..we will ask: What determines the limited expression patterns of two specialized cardiovascular connexins (Cx37 and Cx40)? What is the extent of natural variation of cardiovascular connexin sequences; what is the prevalence of different ..
- CONTROL OF CONNEXIN TRANSPORT AND ASSEMBLYMichael Koval; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- INTERCELLULAR COMMUNICATION IN MICROVESSELSBrian Duling; Fiscal Year: 2004..Hypothesis 5 - Intercellular communication is mediated by multiple connexins Hypothesis 6- Gap junctional communication plays a role in the establishment of normal vasomotor tone ..
- Vascular Cell Regulation of ConnexinsBrant Isakson; Fiscal Year: 2005..A possible reason for these results are 1) co-regulation of Cx40 and Cx43, which in effect would 2) alter the method of cell-cell communication by gap junctions in the vessel wall...
- Neuronal Gap Junctions: Cx36 Gating, Binding & FunctionDAVID SPRAY; Fiscal Year: 2006..These studies use a multidisciplinary approach directed at exploring a new concept in the field and as such are expected to lead to novel understanding of regulation and roles of gap junctions in the nervous system. ..
- Luminescence Imaging: Molecules, Cells and TissuesDAVID SPRAY; Fiscal Year: 2006..It also includes plans for training as well as inclusion of relevant methods in a graduate student course. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Connexins and Heart FunctionFeliksas Bukauskas; Fiscal Year: 2010..2 hemichannels are functional in cardiomyocytes and whether they contribute to slow propagation of excitation in the AV node and protection of ventricles from over excitation during atrial tachyarrhythmia. ..
- Gap Junction Channels Formation and GatingFeliksas Bukauskas; Fiscal Year: 2007..Abnormalities in GJ channels play a key role in generating cardiac arrhythmias, uterine malfunction, epileptic seizures and malignant cell growth. ..
- LENS GAP JUNCTIONS--IDENTITY AND PROPERTIESDAVID SPRAY; Fiscal Year: 2001..abstract_text> ..
- Molecular determinants of lung barrier functionMichael Koval; Fiscal Year: 2009....