Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: GJA4
Description: gap junction protein alpha 4
Alias: CX37, gap junction alpha-4 protein, connexin-37, gap junction protein, alpha 4, 37kDa
Publications214 found, 100 shown here
- Molecular cloning and functional expression of human connexin37, an endothelial cell gap junction proteinK E Reed
Department of Pediatrics, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri 63110
J Clin Invest 91:997-1004. 1993..reaction amplification and cDNA library screening to clone DNA encoding a human gap junction protein, connexin37 (Cx37). The derived human Cx37 polypeptide contains 333 amino acids, with a predicted molecular mass of 37,238 D...
- Increased connexin43 expression in human saphenous veins in culture is associated with intimal hyperplasiaSebastien Deglise
Department of Thoracic and Vascular Surgery, University Hospital, Lausanne, Switzerland
J Vasc Surg 41:1043-52. 2005....
- Differential connexin expression in preglomerular and postglomerular vasculature: accentuation during diabetesJianhong Zhang
Division of Neuroscience, John Curtin School of Medical Research, Australian National University, Canberra, Australia
Kidney Int 68:1171-85. 2005..We have therefore made a comprehensive analysis of connexin expression in the renal vasculature of control and diabetic mice since elevated glucose has been reported to down-regulate connexin 43 in vascular cells in vitro...
- High-level connexin expression in the human juxtaglomerular apparatusLisa Kurtz
Department of Internal Medicine II, University of Regensburg, Regensburg, Germany
Nephron Physiol 116:p1-8. 2010..These gap junctions are formed by cell-specific expression patterns of the vascular connexins Cx37, Cx40, Cx43 and Cx45...
- Dysregulation of connexins and inactivation of NFATc1 in the cardiovascular system of Nkx2-5 null mutantsLaurent Dupays
Laboratoire de Génétique et Physiologie du Développement UMR CNRS 6545, Institut de Biologie du Developpement de Marseille, Universite de la Mediterranee, 13288 Marseille Cedex 9, France
J Mol Cell Cardiol 38:787-98. 2005..In the mutant embryos the aorta is collapsed, and the vascular endothelial Cxs, Cx40 and Cx37, are no longer expressed in its posterior region...
- Opposing effects of nitric oxide on different connexins expressed in the vascular systemP Kameritsch
Institute of Physiology, Ludwig Maximilians University, Germany
Cell Commun Adhes 10:305-9. 2003..In the vascular system, gap junctions can be formed by four different connexins (Cx37, Cx40, Cx43 and Cx45)...
- Angiotensin II-induced hypertension is associated with a selective inhibition of endothelium-derived hyperpolarizing factor-mediated responses in the rat mesenteric arteryStéphanie Dal-Ros
Département de Pharmacologie et Physicochimie, Unité Mixte de Recherche 7175 Centre National de Recherche Scientifique Université Louis Pasteur Strasbourg I, Faculté de Pharmacie 74, Illkirch, France
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 328:478-86. 2009..The expression of the three connexins (Cxs), Cx37, Cx40, and Cx43, was quantified in segments of mesenteric arteries by immunohistochemistry and quantitative real-..
- Distribution of gap junction protein connexin 37 in smooth muscle cells of the rat trachea and pulmonary arteryK Nakamura
Department of Anatomy, Faculty of Medicine, Kyushu University, Fukuoka, Japan
Arch Histol Cytol 62:27-37. 1999b>Connexin 37, one of the gap junction protein families, has been detected by Northern blotting in various organs and tissues, and found to be especially abundant in the lung...
- Identification and expression analysis of connexin-45 and connexin-60 as major connexins in porcine oocytesM Nitta
Graduate School of Biological Sciences, Nara Institute of Science and Technology, Ikoma, Nara, Japan
J Anim Sci 88:3269-79. 2010..We demonstrate that there is diversity in the connexin genes expressed in mammalian oocytes, and hence in the gap junctions connecting oocytes and cumulus cells...
- Expression and role of connexins in the rat renal vasculatureT Takenaka
Department of Nephrology, Saitama Medical College, Saitama, Japan
Kidney Int 73:415-22. 2008..Intra-renal infusion of the peptides (GAP) reported to block specific gap junctions ((Cx37,43)GAP27 or (Cx40)GAP27), elevated blood pressure, plasma renin activity, and angiotensin II levels, while ..
- Contribution of connexins to the function of the vascular wallJacques Antoine Haefliger
Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Department of Internal Medicine, University Hospital, 19 135S Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Vaudois, 1011 Lausanne, Switzerland
Cardiovasc Res 62:345-56. 2004..In the major arteries, endothelial cells may express three connexins isotypes, namely Connexin 37 (Cx37), Cx40 and Cx43, whereas the underlying smooth muscle cells may express Cx37, Cx40, Cx43 and Cx45...
- Heterogeneous expression of endothelial connexin (Cx) 37, Cx40, and Cx43 in rat large veinsTetsuichiro Inai
Department of Developmental Molecular Anatomy, Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Kyushu University, 3 1 1 Maidashi, Higashi ku, Fukuoka, 812 8582, Japan
Anat Sci Int 84:237-45. 2009..The vascular endothelial cells express Cx37, Cx40, and Cx43...
- Heteromeric mixing of connexins: compatibility of partners and functional consequencesE C Beyer
Department of Pediatrics, University of Chicago, IL 60637 1470, USA
Cell Commun Adhes 8:199-204. 2001..by Ni-NTA chromatography) to examine heteromeric mixing of Cx43 with other connexins (including Cx26, Cx37, Cx40, Cx45, and Cx56) in transfected cells...
- Expression of connexins in the normal and obstructed developing kidneyDouglas M Silverstein
Division of Nephrology, Department of Pediatrics, Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center, New Orleans, Louisiana, USA
Pediatr Nephrol 18:216-24. 2003..Our reverse transcription-polymerase chain reaction (RT-PCR) studies demonstrate that Cx30, Cx36, Cx37, Cx40, Cx45, Cx46, and Cx50 are expressed in the kidney...
- Expression of connexins in embryonic mouse neocortical developmentCima Cina
Department of Cellular and Physiological Sciences, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, British Columbia, V6T 1Z3, Canada
J Comp Neurol 504:298-313. 2007..blot analysis, and immunohistochemistry, we found that among the family of gap junction proteins, Cx26, Cx36, Cx37, Cx43, and Cx45 were expressed in the developing cortex of mice, Cx30 and Cx32 were absent, while Cx40 was ..
- The extracellular matrix controls gap junction protein expression and function in postnatal hippocampal neural progenitor cellsSophie Imbeault
Neural Regeneration Laboratory and Ottawa Institute of Systems Biology, Dept of Biochemistry, Microbiology, and Immunology, University of Ottawa, ON, Canada
BMC Neurosci 10:13. 2009..It is not known how these two signalling systems interact. Here, we examined the role of ECM components in regulating connexin expression and function in postnatal hippocampal progenitor cells...
- The detection of hamster connexins: a comparison of expression profiles with wild-type mouse and the cancer-prone Min mouseVéronique Cruciani
Department of Environmental and Occupational Cancer, Institute for Cancer Research, The Norwegian Radium Hospital, Oslo, Norway
Cell Commun Adhes 11:155-71. 2004..Syrian hamster (using tissues) and 16 connexins from the Chinese hamster cell line V79, were fully (Cx30, Cx31, Cx37, Cx43 and Cx45) or partially sequenced...
- Connexins in vascular physiology and pathologyAnne C Brisset
Division of Cardiology, Geneva University Hospitals, Geneva, Switzerland
Antioxid Redox Signal 11:267-82. 2009..variations in connexin expression are observed along the vascular tree, with most common connexins being Cx37, Cx40, and Cx43...
- DNA methylation analyses of the connexin gene family reveal silencing of GJC1 (Connexin45) by promoter hypermethylation in colorectal cancerSolveig Sirnes
Department of Cancer Prevention, Institute for Cancer Research, Radiumhospitalet Oslo University Hospital, Oslo, Norway
Epigenetics 6:602-9. 2011..All analyzed connexins were hypermethylated in colon cancer cell lines, although at various frequencies. GJA4, GJB6 and GJD2 were hypermethylated in 60% (29/48), 25% (12/48) and 96% (46/48) of primary colorectal carcinomas, ..
- Endothelium-dependent vasodilation in human mesenteric artery is primarily mediated by myoendothelial gap junctions intermediate conductance calcium-activated K+ channel and nitric oxidePreet S Chadha
Department of Pharmacology, School of Medical Sciences, University of New South Wales, Sydney, NSW, Australia
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 336:701-8. 2011..In human mesenteric artery, myoendothelial gap junction and IK(Ca) activity are consistent with Cx37 and IK(Ca) microdomain expression and distribution...
- Sequential development of intercellular junctions in bioengineered human corneasM Gonzalez-Andrades
Tissue Engineering Group, Department of Histology, University of Granada, Granada E18012, Spain
J Tissue Eng Regen Med 3:442-9. 2009..for plakoglobin 3 (PKG3), desmoglein 3 (DSG3) and desmoplakin (DSP), zonula occludens 1 (ZO-1) and 2 (ZO-2) and connexin 37 (Cx37) was higher in multilayered artificial corneas than in immature artificial corneas, as shown by both ..
- Regulatory effects of myoendothelial gap junction on vascular reactivity after hemorrhagic shock in ratsJia Ming
State Key Laboratory of Trauma, Burns and Combined Injury, Research Institute of Surgery, Daping Hospital, the Third Military University, Chongqing, People s Republic of China
Shock 31:80-6. 2009..The mRNA and protein expression of Cx37 and Cx40 of SMA were negatively associated with the vascular reactivity, whereas Cx43 seemed to be a positive ..
- Gap junctions are required for trophoblast proliferation in early human placental developmentT Nishimura
Samuel Lunenfeld Research Institute, Mount Sinai Hospital, Toronto, Canada
Placenta 25:595-607. 2004..We have identified transcripts for five connexin gap junction proteins in the early human placenta (Cx32, Cx37, Cx40, Cx43 and Cx45). Of these, Cx40 and Cx45 proteins immunolocalize to EVT in anchoring cell columns...
- Connexin 37 is dispensable for the control of the renin system and for positioning of renin-producing cells in the kidneyCharlotte Wagner
Physiologisches Institut, Universitat Regensburg, 93040, Regensburg, Germany
Pflugers Arch 459:151-8. 2009..of Cx40 leads to strong hyperreninemia and ectopic localization of renin-producing cells; however, the relevance of Cx37 for the renin system in the kidney has not been investigated...
- Different pathways with distinct properties conduct dilations in the microcirculation in vivoCor de Wit
Institut fur Physiologie, Universitat zu Lubeck, Ratzeburger Allee 160, Lubeck 23538, Germany
Cardiovasc Res 85:604-13. 2010..Because distances are quite distinct for different dilators, we hypothesized that separate pathways with distinct properties are involved...
- Chamber-related differences in connexin expression in the human heartC Vozzi
National Heart and Lung Institute, Imperial College of Science, Technology and Medicine, London, UK
J Mol Cell Cardiol 31:991-1003. 1999..Three additional connexin isoforms, Cx40, Cx45 and Cx37, of distinctive functional capacities in vitro, are expressed in cardiovascular cells, but our knowledge of their ..
- Cx37 and Cx43 localize to zona pellucida in mouse ovarian folliclesAlexander M Simon
Department of Physiology, College of Medicine, University of Arizona, Tucson, 85724, USA
Cell Commun Adhes 13:61-77. 2006..Here, we examined the expression pattern of Cx37 and Cx43 in mouse zona pellucida using multiple connexin-specific antibodies...
- Diabetes reduces aortic endothelial gap junctions in ApoE-deficient mice: simvastatin exacerbates the reductionCharles Jia Yin Hou
Department of Internal Medicine, Mackay Memorial Hospital, Mackay Medicine, Nursing and Management Collegem, Taipei, Taiwan
J Histochem Cytochem 56:745-52. 2008..Western blotting of aortae showed reduced expression of connexin37 (Cx37) and Cx40 in the diabetic mice, which were further decreased in the simvastatin-treated diabetic mice...
- Expression of homocellular and heterocellular gap junctions in hamster arterioles and feed arteriesShaun L Sandow
Division of Neuroscience, John Curtin School of Medical Research, Australian National University, ACT 0200 Canberra, Australia
Cardiovasc Res 60:643-53. 2003....
- Shear stress-induced upregulation of connexin 43 expression in endothelial cells on upstream surfaces of rat cardiac valvesTetsuichiro Inai
Department of Developmental Molecular Anatomy, Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Kyushu University, Maidashi 3 1 1, Higashi ku, 812 8582 Fukuoka, Japan
Histochem Cell Biol 122:477-83. 2004..We therefore reasoned that we could determine the extent hemodynamic forces affect the expression of Cx37, Cx40, and Cx43 by comparing their immunohistochemical distribution on the upstream and downstream surfaces of rat ..
- Four novel members of the connexin family of gap junction proteins. Molecular cloning, expression, and chromosome mappingJ A Haefliger
Department of Anatomy and Cellular Biology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115
J Biol Chem 267:2057-64. 1992..On the basis of their predicted molecular mass, these proteins have been designated connexin (Cx) 40 (Cx40), Cx37, Cx33, and Cx31.1...
- Endotoxin increases intercellular resistance in microvascular endothelial cells by a tyrosine kinase pathwayD Lidington
Department of Medical Biophysics and University of Western Ontario, London, Canada
J Cell Physiol 185:117-25. 2000..Endothelial cells grown in monolayers expressed mRNA for connexin 37, 40, and 43...
- Downregulation of connexin 43 expression by high glucose reduces gap junction activity in microvascular endothelial cellsTsuyoshi Sato
Department of Ophthalmology, Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, Massachusetts 02118, USA
Diabetes 51:1565-71. 2002..to determine the effects of high glucose concentrations on the expression of endothelial-specific connexins (Cx37, Cx40, and Cx43), connexin phosphorylation pattern, and GJIC activity...
- Heterogeneity in the distribution of vascular gap junctions and connexins: implications for functionC E Hill
Division of Neuroscience, John Curtin School of Medical Research, Australian National University, Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
Clin Exp Pharmacol Physiol 29:620-5. 2002..The aim of the present study was to compare the expression of Cx37, 40 and 43 in the smooth muscle and endothelium of a large elastic artery and two smaller muscular arteries of the ..
- Connexin37 is the major connexin expressed in the media of caudal arteryNicole M Rummery
Division of Neuroscience, John Curtin School of Medical Research, Australian National University, Canberra, Australia
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 22:1427-32. 2002..the connexins (Cxs) involved in intercellular coupling within vascular muscle, the present study has quantified mRNA and protein expression for Cx37, Cx40, Cx43, and Cx45 in the caudal artery (CA) and thoracic aorta (ThA) of the rat.
- Cultured periodontal ligament fibroblasts express diverse connexinsYuji Yamaoka
Department of Oral Functional Science, Graduate School of Dental Medicine, Hokkaido University, N13 W7, Kita ku, 060 8586, Sapporo, Japan
Tissue Cell 34:375-80. 2002..At present, 15 types of Cxs are known to exist, and six of their antibodies, anti-Cx26, Cx32, Cx37, Cx40, Cx43, and Cx45 are commercially available...
- Oestrogen-modulated gene expression in the human endometriumC Punyadeera
Research Institute GROW, Postbus 5800, 6202, AZ Maastricht, The Netherlands
Cell Mol Life Sci 62:239-50. 2005..These observations emphasise that the regulation of endometrium maturation by oestrogen entails more then just stimulation of cell proliferation...
- Differential expression and localisation of connexin-37 and connexin-43 in follicles of different stages in the 4-week-old mouse ovaryStefan Cuoni Teilmann
Laboratory of Reproductive Biology, Juliane Marie Centre, Rigshospitalet Section 5712, Blegdamsvej 9, DK 2100 Copenhagen, Denmark
Mol Cell Endocrinol 234:27-35. 2005..membrane-bound, aqueous channels that couple adjacent cells ionically and gap junction proteins, connexin-37 (Cx37) and connexin-43 (Cx43) both participate in sustaining proper growth and maturation of the oocyte...
- Connexin-dependent communication within the vascular wall: contribution to the control of arteriolar diameterCor de Wit
Institut fur Physiologie, Universitat Lubeck, Lubeck, Germany
Adv Cardiol 42:268-83. 2006..Gap junctions in vascular tissue are composed of connexins (Cx) Cx40, Cx43, Cx37 and Cx45...
- Descending vasa recta endothelium is an electrical syncytiumQingli Zhang
Division of Nephrology N3W143, University of Maryland School of Medicine, 22 S Greene Street, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 291:R1688-99. 2006..Connexin (Cx) immunostaining showed predominant linear Cx40 and Cx43 in endothelia, whereas Cx37 stained smooth muscle actin-positive pericytes...
- Sub-chronic nicotine exposure induces intercellular communication failure and differential down-regulation of connexins in cultured human endothelial cellsStephan Haussig
Clinic for Cardiac Surgery, University of Leipzig, Heart Centre, Strümpellstr 39, D 04289 Leipzig, Germany
Atherosclerosis 196:210-8. 2008..Tobacco abuse is still among the most important cardiovascular risk factors in modern society. We investigated whether sub-chronic nicotine exposure can induce endothelial dysfunction and communication failure...
- Connexin 37 profoundly slows cell cycle progression in rat insulinoma cellsJanis M Burt
Dept of Physiology, P O Box 245051, Univ of Arizona, Tucson, AZ 85724, USA
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 295:C1103-12. 2008..To assess its potential growth-suppressive function, we stably introduced connexin 37 (Cx37) into connexin-deficient, tumorigenic rat insulinoma (Rin) cells under the control of an inducible ..
- Reduction of electrical coupling between microvascular endothelial cells by NO depends on connexin37Rebecca L McKinnon
Critical Illness Research, Lawson Health Research Institute, London, Ontario, Canada
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 297:H93-H101. 2009..In the present study, we hypothesized that NO impairs interendothelial electrical coupling in sepsis by targeting Cx37. We examined the effect of exogenous NO on coupling in monolayers of cultured microvascular endothelial cells ..
- Deletion of the FHL2 gene attenuates the formation of atherosclerotic lesions after a cholesterol-enriched dietPao Hsien Chu
The Division of Cardiology, Department of Internal Medicine, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, Chang Gung University College of Medicine, Taipei, Taiwan
Life Sci 86:365-71. 2010..FHL2, a member of the four and a half LIM domain (FHL) family of proteins, may play an important role in the circulatory system and in particular atherosclerosis...
- An angiotensin II- and NF-kappaB-dependent mechanism increases connexin 43 in murine arteries targeted by renin-dependent hypertensionFlorian Alonso
Service of Internal Medicine, Laboratory of Experimental Medicine 19 135S, University Hospital, CHUV 1011 Lausanne, Switzerland
Cardiovasc Res 87:166-76. 2010..We investigated how connexins of the endothelial cells (ECs; Cx37, Cx40) and smooth muscle cells (SMCs; Cx43, Cx45) of the aorta change during renin-dependent and -independent ..
- Connexin32 protects against vascular inflammation by modulating inflammatory cytokine expression by endothelial cellsTakayuki Okamoto
Department of Molecular Pathobiology, Mie University Graduate School of Medicine, 2 174 Edobashi, Tsu City, Mie 514 8507, Japan
Exp Cell Res 317:348-55. 2011..GJs of vascular ECs are assembled from Cx37, Cx40, and Cx43, and we showed that ECs also express Cx32...
- Knock-down of endothelial connexins impairs angiogenesisChristiane Gärtner
Department of Cardiac Surgery, Heart Centre Leipzig, University of Leipzig, Struempellstr 39, 04289 Leipzig, Germany
Pharmacol Res 65:347-57. 2012..cells were treated with nicotine or the gap junction inhibitor palmitoleic acid (PA), or siRNA-knock-down of either Cx37, Cx40 or Cx43 was performed...
- Connexin45 is expressed in vascular smooth muscle but its function remains elusiveVolker J Schmidt
Institut fur Physiologie, Universitat zu Lubeck, Lubeck, Germany
PLoS ONE 7:e42287. 2012Connexins (Cx) form gap junctions and allow the coordination of cellular behaviour. In vessels, expression of Cx40, Cx37, and Cx43 is well established and specifically Cx40 serves important functions in endothelial cells...
- Autosomal recessive GJA1 (Cx43) gene mutations cause oculodentodigital dysplasia by distinct mechanismsTao Huang
Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology, University of Western Ontario, London ON N6A 5C1, Canada
J Cell Sci 126:2857-66. 2013..further revealed that the R76H mutant had no detectable negative effect on the function of co-expressed Cx26, Cx32, Cx37 or Cx40, whereas the R33X mutant exhibited significant dominant or trans-dominant effects on Cx43 and Cx40 as ..
- Mutations of the connexin 37 and 40 gap-junction genes in patients with acute myocardial infarctionMorteza Seifi
Biochemistry Department, Faculty ofMedicine, Tehran University of Medical Sciences, Tehran, Iran
Clin Lab 59:343-8. 2013There is evidence showing the association between connexin 37 (Cx37) C1019T polymorphism and acute myocardial infarction (AMI)...
- The Connexin37 gene C1019T polymorphism and risk of coronary artery disease: a meta-analysisZhijun Wu
Department of Cardiology, Ruijin Hospital, Shanghai Jiao Tong University School of Medicine, Shanghai, PR China
Arch Med Res 45:21-30. 2014..However, previous studies yielded conflicting results. In the current study, a comprehensive meta-analysis was performed to investigate whether the C1019T polymorphism is associated with CAD risk...
- Local effects of pregnancy on connexin proteins that mediate Ca2+-associated uterine endothelial NO synthesisTimothy J Morschauser
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Perinatal Research Laboratories, PAB1, Meriter Hospital Park, 202 S Park St, Madison, WI 53715
Hypertension 63:589-94. 2014..Uterine artery adaptations during gestation facilitate increases in uterine blood flow and fetal growth...
- Editorial: renal endothelial dysfunction: evolving concepts and perspectivesDominique Guerrot
Department of Nephrology Rouen University Hospital 1 rue de Germont, 76031 Rouen France
Cardiovasc Hematol Disord Drug Targets 14:1-2. 2014..Although challenging, the modulation of connexin expression, especially that of Cx37, Cx40 and Cx43, may be of value in settings where the endothelial injury plays an important role, as is the case in ..
- Association between 1019C/T polymorphism in the connexin 37 gene and dilated cardiomyopathyJ Tang
The Key Laboratory of Cardiovascular Remodeling and Function Research, Department of Cardiology, Shandong University, Qilu Hospital, Chinese Ministry of Education and Chinese Ministry of Health, Jinan, Shandong, China
Minerva Cardioangiol 64:114-20. 2016The aim of this paper was to investigate the association between the connexin 37 (CX37) 1019C/T polymorphism and susceptibility to dilated cardiomyopathy (DCM).
- Interplay between connexin40 and nitric oxide signaling during hypertensionLoïc Le Gal
From the Departments of Medicine L L G, F A, J A H and Angiology L M, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Vaudois, University of Lausanne, Lausanne, Switzerland and Department of Cell Physiology and Metabolism, University of Geneva, Medical Center, Geneva, Switzerland P M
Hypertension 65:910-5. 2015..Under these conditions, all aortas showed increased levels of Cx40 in endothelial cells and of both Cx37 and Cx45 in smooth muscle cells...
- Combining Foxc2 and Connexin37 deletions in mice leads to severe defects in lymphatic vascular growth and remodelingJohn D Kanady
Department of Physiology, University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ 85724, USA Electronic address
Dev Biol 405:33-46. 2015..Cell culture studies have shown that Cx37 is necessary for coordinated activation of the transcription factor NFATc1, which cooperates with Foxc2 (another ..
- Expression of gap junction proteins Cx26, Cx31.1, Cx37, and Cx43 in developing and mature rat epidermisJ A Goliger
Department of Neurobiology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115
Dev Dyn 200:1-13. 1994..1, Cx37, and Cx43, in fetal (embryonic day 17-18), newborn (post-natal day 0), and mature rat skin...
- Mouse horizontal cells do not express connexin26 or connexin36M R Deans
Department of Neurobiology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Cell Commun Adhes 8:361-6. 2001..Cx36, Cx37, Cx43, Cx45 and Cx57 mRNA could be detected in mouse retina by RT-PCR...
- Decreased intercellular dye-transfer and downregulation of non-ablated connexins in aortic endothelium deficient in connexin37 or connexin40Alexander M Simon
Department of Physiology, University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ 85724, USA
J Cell Sci 116:2223-36. 2003..Connexin37 (Cx37) and connexin40 (Cx40) are the predominant gap-junction proteins present in mouse endothelium...
- Effects of connexin-mimetic peptides on gap junction functionality and connexin expression in cultured vascular cellsPatricia E M Martin
Department of Diagnostic Radiology, Wales Heart Research Institute, Cardiff University, Heath Park, Cardiff CF14 4XN
Br J Pharmacol 144:617-27. 2005..Expression of Cx37 was limited in RAECs and absent from A7r5 cells. 3...
- Connexin43 with a cytoplasmic loop deletion inhibits the function of several connexinsMin Wang
Department of Pediatrics, Section of Hematology Oncology and Stem Cell Transplantation, University of Chicago, Chicago, IL, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 333:1185-93. 2005..Intercellular transfer mediated by Cx37 and Cx45 (but not Cx26 or Cx40) was inhibited when co-expressed with Cx43del(130-136)...
- Patch-clamp study reveals that the importance of connexin43-mediated gap junctional communication for ovarian folliculogenesis is strain specific in the mouseDan Tong
Dept of Physiology and Pharmacology, The Univ of Western Ontario, Dental Science Bldg, Rm 00073, London, ON, Canada N6A 5C1
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 290:C290-7. 2006Genetic ablation of connexin37 (Cx37) or connexin43 (Cx43), the two gap junction proteins expressed by mouse ovarian granulosa cells, has been shown to result in impaired follicle development...
- Endothelial gap junctions are down-regulated by arsenic trioxideYusan Chou
Department of Internal Medicine, Mackay Memorial Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan
Eur J Pharmacol 569:29-36. 2007..In animals treated with As(2)O(3), endothelial gap junctions comprising Cx37, Cx40, or Cx43 were all reduced in amount, while eNOS and circulating NO levels remained unchanged...
- Connexin37 and Connexin43 deficiencies in mice disrupt lymphatic valve development and result in lymphatic disorders including lymphedema and chylothoraxJohn D Kanady
Department of Physiology, University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ 85724, USA
Dev Biol 354:253-66. 2011..Here, we report that gap junction proteins, or connexins (Cxs), are required for lymphatic valvulogenesis. Cx37 and Cx43 are expressed early in mouse lymphatic development in the jugular lymph sacs, and later in development ..
- The Increased Expression of Connexin and VEGF in Mouse Ovarian Tissue Vitrification by Follicle Stimulating HormoneYanzhou Yang
Key Laboratory of Fertility Preservation and Maintenance of Ministry of Education, Key Laboratory of Reproduction and Genetics in Ningxia, Department of Histology and Embryology, Ningxia Medical University, Yinchuan 750004, China
Biomed Res Int 2015:397264. 2015..The results suggested that the expressions of Cx37, Cx43, apoptotic molecular caspase-3, and angiogenesis molecular VEGF were confirmed using immunohistochemistry, ..
- Gap Junctions Contribute to the Regulation of Walking-Like Activity in the Adult Mudpuppy (Necturus Maculatus)Igor Lavrov
Institute of Fundamental Medicine and Biology, Kazan Federal University, Kazan, Russia
PLoS ONE 11:e0152650. 2016..spinal cord expressed different types of connexins that include connexin 32 (Cx32), connexin 36 (Cx36), connexin 37 (Cx37), and connexin 43 (Cx43)...
- Molecular cloning, tissue distribution, and hormonal control in the ovary of Cx41 mRNA, a novel Xenopus connexin gene transcriptG Yoshizaki
Texas Cooperative Fish and Wildlife Research Unit, Texas Tech University, Lubbock 79409 2125, USA
Mol Reprod Dev 42:7-18. 1995..Xenopus Cx41 showed the highest homology to rat Cx37 (65% identity, 80% similarity)...
- Characterization of the gap junction protein connexin37 in murine endothelium, respiratory epithelium, and after transfection in human HeLa cellsO Traub
Institut fur Genetik, Universitat Bonn, Germany
Eur J Cell Biol 77:313-22. 1998..regions of the carboxyterminus and cytoplasmic loop or to the last 103 C-terminal amino acids of mouse connexin37 (Cx37) were used to characterize expression of this gap junctional protein in endothelium of several murine tissues...
- Percutaneous peptide immunization via corneum barrier-disrupted murine skin for experimental tumor immunoprophylaxisN Seo
Department of Dermatology, Hamamatsu University School of Medicine, 3600 Handa Cho, Hamamatsu 431 3192, Japan
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 97:371-6. 2000H-2K(b)-restricted tumor epitope peptides, including tyrosinase-related protein 2 residues 181-188 (TRP-2) and connexin 37 residues 52-59 (MUT1), were applied to permeability barrier-disrupted C57BL/6 (B6) mouse skin from which the ..
- Connexin37 in normal and pathological development of mouse heart and great arteriesJ A Haefliger
Department of Internal Medicine, University Hospital, Lausanne, Switzerland
Dev Dyn 218:331-44. 2000b>Cx37 is a member of the connexin family of gap junction proteins, whose distribution in heart remains controversial...
- Expression of connexin 37, 40, and 43 mRNA and protein in renal preglomerular arteriolesB Arensbak
Department of Medical Physiology, Division of Renal and Cardiovascular Research, The Panum Institute, University of Copenhagen, Blegdamsvej 3, 2200 Copenhagen N, Denmark
Histochem Cell Biol 115:479-87. 2001..We investigated the expression of connexins 43, 40, and 37 (Cx43, Cx40, Cx37) mRNA and proteins in primary cultures of smooth muscle cells (SMC) from rat renal preglomerular arterioles and in ..
- Angiotensin II receptor blockade corrects altered expression of gap junctions in vascular endothelial cells from hypertensive ratsYasuo Kansui
Department of Medicine and Clinical Science, Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Kyushu University, Maidashi 3 1 1, Higashi ku, Fukuoka, 812 8582, Japan
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 287:H216-24. 2004..Confocal laser scanning microscopy after immunofluorescent labeling with antibodies against Cx37, Cx40, and Cx43 revealed that the expression of Cx37 and Cx40 in endothelial cells of the mesenteric artery was ..
- Connexin-mimetic peptides dissociate electrotonic EDHF-type signalling via myoendothelial and smooth muscle gap junctions in the rabbit iliac arteryAndrew T Chaytor
Department of Diagnostic Radiology, Wales Heart Research Institute, Cardiff University, Heath Park, Cardiff CF14 4XN, Wales, UK
Br J Pharmacol 144:108-14. 2005..to the Gap 26 and Gap 27 domains of the first and second extracellular loops of the major vascular connexins (Cx37, Cx40 and Cx43), designated as (43)Gap 26, (40)Gap 27, (37,40)Gap 26 and (37,43)Gap 27 according to Cx homology, ..
- Sepsis up-regulates the expression of connexin 40 in rat aortic endotheliumStéphanie Rignault
Division de physiopathologie clinique, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Vaudois, Lausanne, Switzerland
Crit Care Med 33:1302-10. 2005..e., Cx37, Cx40, and Cx43)...
- Prolonged dark adaptation changes connexin expression in the mouse retinaAlexandre Hiroaki Kihara
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, Institute of Biomedical Sciences, University of Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
J Neurosci Res 83:1331-41. 2006..In the present study, we first determined whether gene expression of specific Cx (Cx26, Cx31.1, Cx36, Cx37, Cx40, Cx43, Cx45, Cx50, and Cx57) was affected by prolonged dark adaptation...
- Gap junctions in the ovary: expression, localization and functionEran Gershon
Department of Biological Regulation, Weizmann Institute of Science, Rehovot 76100, Israel
Mol Cell Endocrinol 282:18-25. 2008..In the ovary, gap junctions consist mainly of connexin (Cx) 43 and Cx37, and their indispensable role in regulating folliculogenesis and oogenesis is well established...
- Downregulation of connexin40 is associated with coronary endothelial cell dysfunction in streptozotocin-induced diabetic miceAyako Makino
Division of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Department of Medicine, University of California San Diego, La Jolla, CA 92093 0618, USA
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 295:C221-30. 2008..Coronary ECs isolated from diabetic mice exhibit lowered protein levels of Cx37 and Cx40 (but not Cx43) and a loss of gap junction intercellular communication (GJIC)...
- Identification of a novel switch in the dominant forms of cell adhesion-mediated drug resistance in glioblastoma cellsM A Westhoff
Department of Hematology Oncology, University Children s Hospital, Ulm, Germany
Oncogene 27:5169-81. 2008..tunnels) through chemical inhibition with carbenoxyolone or co-incubation with the connexin-mimicking Gap 27 Cx37,43 peptide, GBM cells were sensitized to tumor necrosis factor-related apoptosis-inducing ligand- and CD95-induced ..
- Connexin abundance in resistance vessels from the renal microcirculation in normo- and hypertensive ratsThomas Hartig Braunstein
Danish National Research Foundation Center for Cardiac Arrhythmia Research, Division of Renal and Microvascular Research, Department of Biomedical Sciences, University of Copenhagen, Blegdamsvej 3, Copenhagen, Denmark
APMIS 117:268-76. 2009..To test this hypothesis, the amount of connexin 37 (Cx37), Cx40 and Cx43 was assessed in renal arterioles from normo- and hypertensive rats using quantitative ..
- Premeiotic fetal murine germ cells cultured in vitro form typical oocyte-like cells but do not progress through meiosisH S Dong
Laboratory of Germ Cell Biology, Institute of Animal Reproduction Development and Genetic Engineering, College of Animal Science and Technology, Qingdao Agricultural University, Qingdao, Shandong, China
Theriogenology 72:219-31. 2009..6 vs. 142+/-9.5, respectively; P<0.01), and the ovaries had less mRNA for Cx37 and Cx43 (P<0.01)...
- Biological and biophysical properties of vascular connexin channelsScott Johnstone
Robert M Berne Cardiovascular Research Center, University of Virginia School of Medicine, Charlottesville, Virginia 29908, USA
Int Rev Cell Mol Biol 278:69-118. 2009..The biophysical properties of the connexin channels identified in the vasculature, those formed by Cx37, Cx40, Cx43 and/or Cx45 proteins, are discussed in this chapter in the physiological and pathophysiological context ..
- Connexins and the kidneyFiona Hanner
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, Zilkha Neurogenetic Institute, University of Southern California, 1501 San Pablo St, Los Angeles, CA 90033, USA
Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 298:R1143-55. 2010..In the renal vasculature, Cx37, Cx40, Cx43, and Cx45 are expressed, with predominant expression of Cx40 in the endothelial cells and Cx45 in the ..
- Role of connexins in microvascular dysfunction during inflammationKarel Tyml
Department of Medical Biophysics, University of Western Ontario, London, ON, Canada
Can J Physiol Pharmacol 89:1-12. 2011..Consistently, (i) exogenous NO in cultured cells reduces coupling in a Cx37-dependent manner, and (ii) the septic microvasculature in vivo shows no Cx40 phenotype...
- Direct coupling through gap junctions is not involved in urethral neurotransmissionMaria Sancho
Department of Physiology, Veterinary Faculty, Complutense University, Madrid, Spain
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 300:F864-72. 2011..Hence, we investigated the distribution of different connexins (Cx 43, Cx40, and Cx37) in the sheep and rat urethra, as well as their possible role in neurotransmission...
- The association between subclinical atherosclerosis in carotid arteries and Connexin 37 gene polymorphism (1019C>T; Pro319Ser) in womenJ Pitha
Institute for Clinical and Experimental Medicine, Prague, Czech Republic
Int Angiol 30:221-6. 2011The aim of our study was to evaluate a possible association between subclinical atherosclerosis in carotid arteries and the connexin 37 gene polymorphism (1019C>T; Pro319Ser) in a population of urban and rural women.
- Gap junctions and hydrogen peroxide are involved in endothelium-derived hyperpolarising responses to bradykinin in omental arteries and veins isolated from pregnant womenStephanie Hammond
Cardiovascular Research Group, School of Biomedical Sciences, University of Nottingham, Nottingham, NG7 2UH, United Kingdom
Eur J Pharmacol 668:225-32. 2011..The expression of connexins Cx37, 40 and 43 was assessed using immunohistochemistry...
- Cx37 deletion enhances vascular growth and facilitates ischemic limb recoveryJennifer S Fang
Department of Physiology, University of Arizona, Tucson, Arizona, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 301:H1872-81. 2011..We recently reported that Cx37-deficient (Cx37(-/-)) animals recovered ischemic hindlimb function more quickly and to a greater extent than wild-..
- Cx40 is required for, and cx37 limits, postischemic hindlimb perfusion, survival and recoveryJennifer S Fang
Department of Physiology, University of Arizona Health Sciences Center, Tucson, Ariz, USA
J Vasc Res 49:2-12. 2012..Vascular endothelium predominantly expresses two connexin (Cx) isoforms: Cx37 and Cx40. The relevance of these Cxs to postischemic limb recovery remains unclear.
- Shear stress modulates the expression of the atheroprotective protein Cx37 in endothelial cellsAnna Pfenniger
Department of Pathology and Immunology, University of Geneva, Geneva, Switzerland
J Mol Cell Cardiol 53:299-309. 2012..Connexin37 (Cx37) is highly expressed in endothelial cells (ECs) of healthy arteries, but not in ECs overlying atherosclerotic ..
- Elucidating mechanisms underlying altered renal autoregulation in diabetesTsuneo Takenaka
Department of Nephrology and Community Health Science Center, Saitama Medical University, Iruma Saitama 350 0495 Japan
Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 303:R495-504. 2012..However, this effect was seen by neither (Cx40)GAP27 nor (Cx37,43)GAP27, which inhibits connexin (Cx) 40 or Cx37...
- [Association between 1019C/T polymorphism of Connexin 37 gene and restenosis after coronary stenting]Ying Yang
Department of Cardiology, Affiliated People s Hospital of Nanjing Medical University in Wuxi and People s Hospital of Wuxi, Wuxi, Jiangsu 214023, P R China
Zhonghua Yi Xue Yi Chuan Xue Za Zhi 30:456-60. 2013To assess the association between 1019C/T polymorphism of Connexin 37 (CX37) gene and susceptibility to restenosis after percutaneous coronary intervention (PCI) in ethnic Han Chinese patients from Wuxi.
- High flow conditions increase connexin43 expression in a rat arteriovenous and angioinductive loop modelVolker J Schmidt
Department of Plastic and Hand Surgery, University Hospital Erlangen, Friedrich Alexander Universitat Erlangen Nurnberg, Erlangen, Germany Department of Hand, Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, BG Unfallklinik Ludwigshafen, Universitat Heidelberg, Heidelberg, Germany
PLoS ONE 8:e78782. 2013..channels formed by connexins (Cx) of which four subtypes are expressed in the cardiovascular system, namely Cx37, Cx40, Cx43 and Cx45. We hypothesize that high flow conditions affect vascular expression of Cx in vivo...
- High bone mass in mice lacking Cx37 because of defective osteoclast differentiationRafael Pacheco-Costa
From the Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, Indiana 46202
J Biol Chem 289:8508-20. 2014..We now report that Cx37, another member of the connexin family of proteins, is expressed in osteoclasts, osteoblasts, and osteocytes...
- Association between 1019C/T polymorphism in the connexin 37 gene and essential hypertensionSuxia Guo
Department of Cardiology, Affiliated People s Hospital of Nanjing Medical University in Wuxi and People s Hospital of Wuxi City, Wuxi, Jiangsu, 214023 P R China Electronic address
Heart Lung Circ 23:924-9. 2014..To investigate the association between the CX 37 1019C/T polymorphism and the susceptibility to essential hypertension (EH)...
- Cx37 C1019T polymorphism may contribute to the pathogenesis of coronary heart diseaseLong Zhao
1 Department of Respiratory, Central Hospital Affiliated to Shenyang Medical College, Shenyang, People s Republic of China
Genet Test Mol Biomarkers 18:497-504. 2014We conducted a meta-analysis of case-control studies to evaluate whether Cx37 C1019T (rs1764391 C>T) polymorphism may be implicated in the pathogenesis of coronary heart disease (CHD).
- NO, via its target Cx37, modulates calcium signal propagation selectively at myoendothelial gap junctionsKristin Pogoda
Walter Brendel Centre of Experimental Medicine, Munich Heart Alliance, Ludwig Maximilians Universitat Munchen, Munich, Germany
Cell Commun Signal 12:33. 2014..shown before that nitric oxide (NO) inhibits gap junctional communication in HeLa cells exclusively expressing connexin 37 (HeLa-Cx37) but not in HeLa-Cx40 or HeLa-Cx43...
- Notch signaling functions in lymphatic valve formationAino Murtomäki
Department of Ob Gyn, Columbia University Medical Center, New York, NY 10032, USA Division of Genetics, Department of Biosciences, Viikki Biocenter, University of Helsinki, POB 56, Helsinki FIN 00014, Finland
Development 141:2446-51. 2014..Integrin α9, fibronectin EIIIA, Foxc2, calcineurin and the gap junction protein Cx37 are required for lymphatic valve formation...
- Structural determinants and proliferative consequences of connexin 37 hemichannel function in insulinoma cellsMiranda E Good
From the Department of Physiology, University of Arizona, Tucson, Arizona 85724 5051
J Biol Chem 289:30379-86. 2014..The C terminus and a channel able to function are necessary, and neither by itself is sufficient, for Cx37 to mediate growth suppression...
- Reduction of connexin 37 expression by RNA interference decreases atherosclerotic plaque formationSuxia Guo
Department of Cardiology, The First Affiliated Hospital of Soochow University, Suzhou, Jiangsu 215006, P R China
Mol Med Rep 11:2664-70. 2015The aim of this study was to examine the effects of connexin 37 (Cx37) interference on atherosclerotic plaques...
- Shear stress-induced atherosclerotic plaque composition in ApoE(-/-) mice is modulated by connexin37A Pfenniger
Department of Pathology and Immunology, University of Geneva, Geneva, Switzerland Department of Medical Specializations Cardiology, University of Geneva, Geneva, Switzerland
Atherosclerosis 243:1-10. 2015..Endothelial connexin37 (Cx37) expression is also regulated by shear stress, which may contribute to localization of atherosclerotic disease...
- Connexin 37 and 43 gene and protein expression and developmental competence of isolated ovine secondary follicles cultured in vitro after vitrification of ovarian tissueAndréa Moreira Sampaio da Silva
Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, LAMOFOPA, PPGCV, State University of Ceara, Fortaleza, Ceara, Brazil
Theriogenology 85:1457-67. 2016..and organs lead to the loss of membrane proteins that mediate intercellular communications, such as connexins 37 (Cx37) and 43 (Cx43)...
- SiRNA therapeutics: Gap junction delivery in vitro and in vivoRichard T Mathias; Fiscal Year: 2013..In aim 1 we will determine the permeability of gap junctions made of Cx40, Cx37 and Cx43, to morpholinos and siRNAs...
- Janis M Burt; Fiscal Year: 2014..gap junction proteins are commonly expressed in vascular cells, connexin (Cx) 37, Cx40 and Cx43;in the endothelium Cx37 and Cx40 normally predominate, but during vasculogenesis and with stress, injury and disease, Cx37 is down-..
- Sathish Kumar; Fiscal Year: 2016..vasodilation by determining mRNA and protein levels of EDHF components SK3 and IK1 channels and connexins (CX37, CX40, and CX47), their subcellular localization, and functional activity using vascular reactivity and membrane ..
- Role of Gap Junctions in Blood Vessel AssemblyKaren K Hirschi; Fiscal Year: 2012..Gap junction channels can be composed of any of ~20 known connexin (Cx) proteins;however, only Cx37, Cx40, Cx43 and Cx45 are expressed in the vasculature...
- INTERCELLULAR COMMUNICATION IN MICROVESSELSBrian Duling; Fiscal Year: 2004..We will include experiments on connexin 37 and 40 knockouts and newly developed smooth muscle and endothelial-cell specific knockouts of connexin 43...
- COORDINATION OF FOLLICULOGENESIS AND OOGENESISDavid Albertini; Fiscal Year: 2007..GCs isolated from WT pre-antral/antral or GDF-9, Cx37, or FSH-beta null animals will be analyzed in OO/GC co-culture or follicle culture to ascertain GC cell cycle ..
- MOLECULAR BIOLOGY OF INTERCELLULAR JUNCTIONSDaniel Goodenough; Fiscal Year: 2006..There are three specific aims. 1) The connexin37/connexin40 (Cx37-/-/Cx40 -/-) double knockout mouse shows evidence of vascular leakage of both red cells and fluid at selected ..
- Gap Junction Channel Permeability: A Mutagenic ApproachPeter Brink; Fiscal Year: 2005..aims are: Aim la) Transfect mouse N2A cells or rat insulinoma cells (RIN) with mutant versions of Cx43, Cx40, and Cx37 cDNA and determine expression via Western and Northern blot analysis...
- Role of endothelial coupling in the vasculatureTara Mann; Fiscal Year: 2004..unusual phenotype of a mouse line lacking two gap junction genes coding for the proteins connexin37 and connexin40 (Cx37 and Cx40) will be studied...
- Gap Junction Mediated Signaling and Vascular ResponsesAlexander M Simon; Fiscal Year: 2010..In the first specific aim, the role of Cx37 and Cx40 in vascular development and angiogenesis is investigated...
- Vascular Cell Regulation of ConnexinsBrant Isakson; Fiscal Year: 2005..These results will be compared to similar experiments on in situ wild type and connexin KO animals. Combined, these methods will help delineate the physiological role of connexins between EC and SMC. ..
- Physiologic Cardiovascular & Uterine eNOS Responses:Role of Endogenous EstrogenRonald R Magness; Fiscal Year: 2010..Data generated with the aromatase inhibitor Letrozole will directly define the role of placental estrogen produced at the maternal: fetal interface in regulating uteroplacental blood flows. ..
- Structure Function in Low Resistance JunctionsCamillo Peracchia; Fiscal Year: 2005..The relevance of a potential CaM binding site identified in connexins (similar to that of CaM kinase II) will be tested with deletion and mutation of crucial Cx32 residues. ..
- CONNEXINS AND THEIR ROLE IN EPIDERMAL DIFFERENTIATIONGabriele Richard; Fiscal Year: 2004..We expect that these approaches provide critical information on the patho-mechanism of connexin defects in skin. ..
- INTERCELLULAR COMMUNICATION IN THE HEARTEric Beyer; Fiscal Year: 2003..we will ask: What determines the limited expression patterns of two specialized cardiovascular connexins (Cx37 and Cx40)? What is the extent of natural variation of cardiovascular connexin sequences; what is the prevalence of ..
- CLINICAL AND GENETIC STUDIES OF NETHERTON SYNDROMEGabriele Richard; Fiscal Year: 2002....