Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: GFER
Description: growth factor, augmenter of liver regeneration
Alias: ALR, ERV1, HERV1, HPO, HPO1, HPO2, HSS, FAD-linked sulfhydryl oxidase ALR, ERV1 homolog, erv1-like growth factor, hepatic regenerative stimulation substance, hepatopoietin protein
Publications272 found, 100 shown here
- IL-10 deficit correlates with chronic, hypersplenomegaly syndrome in male CBA/J mice infected with Schistosoma mansoniS C Bosshardt
Immunology Branch, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, USA Public Health Service, Atlanta, GA 30341, USA
Parasite Immunol 19:347-53. 1997..level infections with Schistosoma mansoni, approximately 20% of male CBA/J mice develop hypersplenomegaly syndrome (HSS) while the rest present with moderate splenomegaly syndrome (MSS)...
- Expression of alr gene from Corynebacterium glutamicum ATCC 13032 in Escherichia coli and molecular characterization of the recombinant alanine racemaseTadao Oikawa
Department of Biotechnology, Faculty of Engineering, Kansai University, 3 3 35 Yamate cho, Suita, Osaka Fu 564 8680, Japan
J Biotechnol 125:503-12. 2006We constructed the high-expression system of the alr gene from Corynebacterium glutamicum ATCC 13032 in Escherichia coli BL 21 (DE3) to characterize the enzymological and structural properties of the gene product, Alr...
- Intracrine hepatopoietin potentiates AP-1 activity through JAB1 independent of MAPK pathwayChengrong Lu
Department of Genomics and Proteomics, Beijing Institute of Radiation Medicine, Chinese National Human Genome Center at Beijing, Beijing 100850, P R China
FASEB J 16:90-2. 2002Many growth factors and cytokines are involved in liver regeneration. Of them, only hepatopoietin (HPO)/ALR (augmenter of liver regeneration) is a specifically hepatotrophic factor originally identified from the cytosol of regenerating ..
- Augmenter of liver regeneration: its place in the universe of hepatic growth factorsA Francavilla
Pittsburgh Transplant Institute, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Pennsylvania 15213
Hepatology 20:747-57. 1994
- Identification of hepatopoietin dimerization, its interacting regions and alternative splicing of its transcriptionYong Li
Department of Genomics and Proteomics, Beijing Institute of Radiation Medicine, Chinese National Human Genome Center, China
Eur J Biochem 269:3888-93. 2002Hepatopoietin (HPO) is a novel human hepatotrophic growth factor...
- Augmenter of liver regeneration: an important intracellular survival factor for hepatocytesChinnasamy Thirunavukkarasu
Department of Surgery, Thomas E Starzl Transplantation Institute, University of Pittsburgh, E 1542 BST, 200 Lothrop Street, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
J Hepatol 48:578-88. 2008Augmenter of liver regeneration (ALR), a protein synthesized and stored in hepatocytes, is associated with mitochondria, and possesses sulfhydryl oxidase and cytochrome c reductase activities...
- Augmenter of liver regeneration: substrate specificity of a flavin-dependent oxidoreductase from the mitochondrial intermembrane spaceVidyadhar N Daithankar
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, University of Delaware, Newark, Delaware 19716, USA
Biochemistry 48:4828-37. 2009Augmenter of liver regeneration (ALR) is both a growth factor and a sulfhydryl oxidase that binds FAD in an unusual helix-rich domain containing a redox-active CxxC disulfide proximal to the flavin ring...
- The mitochondrial disulfide relay system protein GFER is mutated in autosomal-recessive myopathy with cataract and combined respiratory-chain deficiencyAlessio Di Fonzo
Dino Ferrari Centre, Department of Neurological Sciences, University of Milan, 20122 Milan, Italy
Am J Hum Genet 84:594-604. 2009..The role of the human Erv1 ortholog, GFER, in the DRS has been poorly explored...
- Human augmenter of liver regeneration is important for hepatoma cell viability and resistance to radiation-induced oxidative stressYan Cao
Beijing Institute of Radiation Medicine, Beijing 100850, China
Free Radic Biol Med 47:1057-66. 2009..Overexpression of ALR significantly increased the mitochondrial membrane potential, inhibited cytochrome c release, and opposed the loss ..
- Protective effect of augmenter of liver regeneration on hydrogen peroxide-induced apoptosis in SH-SY5Y human neuroblastoma cellsLorenzo Polimeno
Section of Gastroenterology, Department of Emergency and Organ Transplantation DETO, University of Bari, Bari, Italy
Free Radic Res 43:865-75. 2009..Disulphide bridges formation is catalysed by sulphydryl oxidase enzymes...
- Molecular recognition and substrate mimicry drive the electron-transfer process between MIA40 and ALRLucia Banci
Magnetic Resonance Center CERM, University of Florence, Via Luigi Sacconi 6, Sesto Fiorentino, 50019 Florence, Italy
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 108:4811-6. 2011..reduced and regenerated to a functional state through the interaction with the flavin-dependent sulfhydryl oxidase ALR. Here we present the mechanistic basis of ALR-MIA40 interaction at atomic resolution by biochemical and structural ..
- A viral member of the ERV1/ALR protein family participates in a cytoplasmic pathway of disulfide bond formationT G Senkevich
Laboratory of Viral Diseases, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 97:12068-73. 2000Proteins of the ERV1/ALR family are encoded by all eukaryotes and cytoplasmic DNA viruses for which substantial sequence information is available. Nevertheless, the roles of these proteins are imprecisely known...
- Beneficial effect of indapamide in experimental myocardial ischemiaF R Boucher
Laboratoire de Physiologie Cellulaire Cardiaque, , Grenoble, France
Am J Hypertens 5:22-5. 1992..after 15 min of reperfusion was significantly reduced; 3) the myocardial content of organic hydroperoxides (HPO), taken as an index of lipid peroxidation, was significantly lowered, whereas the activity of superoxide dismutase (..
- A mutant for the yeast scERV1 gene displays a new defect in mitochondrial morphology and distributionD Becher
, , Jahnstrasse 15a, 17487 Greifswald, Germany
Yeast 15:1171-81. 1999..The homologous mammalian ALR(Augmenter of Liver Regeneration) genes from man, mouse and rat are important at different developmental stages of ..
- Alpha-chymotrypsin catalysis in imidazolium-based ionic liquidsJ A Laszlo
New Crops and Processing Research, USDA-ARS, National Center for Agricultural Utilization Research, 1815 N. University St, Peoria, IL 61604 USA
Biotechnol Bioeng 75:181-6. 2001..alpha-Chymotrypsin freeze-dried with K(2)HPO(4), KCl, or poly(ethylene glycol) demonstrated no activity in [bmim][PF(6)] or [omim][PF(6)] at very low water ..
- Behaviour and dynamics of di-ammonium phosphate in bauxite processing residue sand in Western Australia--I. NH3 volatilisation and residual nitrogen availabilityC R Chen
Environmental Futures Centre and Griffith School of Environment, Griffith University, Nathan, Queensland, 4111, Australia
Environ Sci Pollut Res Int 17:1098-109. 2010..Alcoa currently applies 2.7 t ha(-1) of di-ammonium phosphate ((NH(4))(2)HPO(4); DAP)-based fertiliser as a part of rehabilitation of the outer residue sand embankments of its RDAs...
- [Anti-virus effect of hepatocyte stimulating substance (HSS) on duck hepatitis B virus in vivo]G Chen
The 302 Hospital of PLA, Beijing 100039
Zhonghua Shi Yan He Lin Chuang Bing Du Xue Za Zhi 11:329-32. 1997..day old Beijing ducklings infected by duck hepatitis B virus as experimental model to observe anti-virus effect of HSS. Beijing ducklings hatched within one day were injected intravenously with duck hepatitis B virus (DHBV)...
- Mammalian augmenter of liver regeneration protein is a sulfhydryl oxidaseT Lisowsky
Botanisches Institut, Henrich Heine Universität Düsseldorf, Germany
Dig Liver Dis 33:173-80. 2001....
- [Bronchial carcinoma associated with pulmonary osteoarthropathy (Marie-Bamberger)]W Pankow
Pneumologie 44:1306-11. 1990Hypertrophic pulmonary osteoarthropathy (HPO) is characterised by clubbed, or drumstick, fingers and a painful periostitis of the extremities, and occurs most frequently as paraneoplastic symptom in association with bronchial carcinoma...
- Determination of inorganic anions by ion chromatography using a graphitized carbon column dynamically coated with cetyltrimethylammonium ionsH Nagashima
Institute of Science and Technology, Inc, Tokyo, Japan
J Chromatogr A 855:261-6. 1999..in the eluent were examined to optimize the separation of seven common anions (F-, Cl-, NO2-, Br-, NO3-, HPO(4)2- and SO(4)2-). Calibration curves were linear from 0.5 to 5 micrograms/ml for F-, from 1...
- Differential response of retinoic acid pretreated human synovial sarcoma cell line to anticancer drugsM Adwankar
Chemotherapy Division, Cancer Research Institute, Tata Memorial Centre, Parel, Bombay, India
Tumori 77:391-4. 1991The response of tumorigenic human synovial sarcoma (HSS) cell line to 10(-5)M optimum concentration of retinoic acid (RA) included changes in morphology, growth rate, suppression of anchorage-independent growth, induction of high ..
- [Medin modular implant for total knee arthroplasty--mid-term results]P Vavrik
I ortopedická klinika 1 LF UK a FN Motol, Praha
Acta Chir Orthop Traumatol Cech 76:30-4. 2009..Pain, range of motion, stability and function were scored on a 100-point scale of the Hospital for Special Surgery (HSS) Scoring System. Subjective satisfaction was essessed by the patient's willingness to undergo the surgery again...
- Genetic susceptibility to carbamazepine-induced cutaneous adverse drug reactionsShuen Iu Hung
Institute of Biomedical Sciences, Academia Sinica, 128 Academia Road Section 2, Nankang, Taipei, Taiwan
Pharmacogenet Genomics 16:297-306. 2006..causes cutaneous adverse drug reactions (cADRs), including maculopapular eruption (MPE), hypersensitivity syndrome (HSS), Stevens-Johnson syndrome (SJS) and toxic epidermal necrolysis (TEN)...
- An African swine fever virus ERV1-ALR homologue, 9GL, affects virion maturation and viral growth in macrophages and viral virulence in swineT Lewis
Plum Island Animal Disease Center, Agricultural Research Service, U S Department of Agriculture, Greenport, New York 11944 0848, USA
J Virol 74:1275-85. 2000The African swine fever virus (ASFV) genome contains a gene, 9GL, with similarity to yeast ERV1 and ALR genes. ERV1 has been shown to function in oxidative phosphorylation and in cell growth, while ALR has hepatotrophic activity...
- Equimolar doses of mannitol and hypertonic saline in the treatment of increased intracranial pressureGilles Francony
Department of Anesthesiology and Critical Care, Albert Michallon Hospital, Grenoble, France
Crit Care Med 36:795-800. 2008To compare the effects of equimolar doses of 20% mannitol solution and of 7.45% hypertonic saline solution (HSS) in the treatment of patients with sustained elevated intracranial pressure (ICP).
- Time-dependent alginate/polyvinyl alcohol hydrogels as injectable cell carriersSang Ho Cho
Department of Advanced Materials, Hannam University, 461 6 Jeonmin Dong, Yuseong Gu, Daejeon 305 811, South Korea
J Biomater Sci Polym Ed 20:863-76. 2009..alcohol (PVA) blend hydrogels with controllable gelation rate by using CaSO(4) as a cross-linking agent and Na(2)HPO(4) as a cross-linking retardation agent...
- Effects of small- and large-volume resuscitation on coagulation and electrolytes during experimental endotoxemia in anesthetized horsesLucas G Pantaleon
Marion duPont Scott Equine Medical Center, Virginia Maryland Regional College of Veterinary Medicine, Leesburg, VA, USA
J Vet Intern Med 21:1374-9. 2007..of a larger project, the objective of this study was to determine the effects of SVR (hypertonic saline solution [HSS] plus hetastarch [HES]) on coagulation and serum electrolytes concentration, and to compare SVR with large- and ..
- Impairment of D-alanine biosynthesis in Mycobacterium smegmatis determines decreased intracellular survival in human macrophagesOfelia Chacon
Department of Veterinary and Biomedical Sciences, University of Nebraska, Lincoln, NE 68583, USA
Microbiology 155:1440-50. 2009..in eubacteria is the enantiomeric conversion from l-alanine, a reaction catalysed by d-alanine racemase (Alr)...
- Radiotherapy in painful heel spurs (plantar fasciitis)--results of a national patterns of care studyOliver Micke
Department of Radiotherapy, Munster University Hospital, Munster, Germany
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 58:828-43. 2004After a general patterns of care study, the German Cooperative Group on Radiotherapy for Benign Diseases conducted a multicenter cohort study to analyze radiotherapy (RT) in painful heel spur syndrome (HSS).
- Targeting enzymes involved in spermidine metabolism of parasitic protozoa--a possible new strategy for anti-parasitic treatmentA Kaiser
Institute for Medical Parasitology, Sigmund Freud Strasse 25, 53105, Bonn, Germany
Parasitol Res 91:508-16. 2003..falciparum, i.e. deoxyhypusine synthase (DHS; EC 126.96.36.199) and homospermidine synthase (HSS; EC 188.8.131.52)...
- Mammalian Ste20-like kinase (Mst2) indirectly supports Raf-1/ERK pathway activity via maintenance of protein phosphatase-2A catalytic subunit levels and consequent suppression of inhibitory Raf-1 phosphorylationGeoffrey K Kilili
Molecular Cardiology Research Institute, Tufts Medical Center, Sackler School of Graduate Biomedical Sciences, Tufts University, Boston, Massachusetts 02111, USA
J Biol Chem 285:15076-87. 2010..Studies of Drosophila suggest that Hippo (hpo) is required for inhibition of cell proliferation mediated by dMer, the orthologue of human merlin...
- A prospective randomized clinical study of mosaic osteochondral autologous transplantation versus microfracture for the treatment of osteochondral defects in the knee joint in young athletesRimtautas Gudas
Department of Orthopaedics and Trauma, Kaunas University Hospital, Kaunas, Lithuania
Arthroscopy 21:1066-75. 2005....
- [Balancing of soft tissues in total knee arthroplasty for patients with rheumatoid arthritis with knee flexion contracture]Weijun Wang
Department of Clinical Medicine, Ningxia Medical College School, Yinchuan Ningxia 750004, PR China
Zhongguo Xiu Fu Chong Jian Wai Ke Za Zhi 22:1173-6. 2008..To explore the technique of the soft tissue balancing in the total knee arthroplasty (TKA) for the patients of rheumatoid arthritis with flexion contracture...
- Iridium Ziegler-type hydrogenation catalysts made from [(1,5-COD)Ir(mu-O2C8H15)](2) and AlEt3: spectroscopic and kinetic evidence for the Ir(n) species present and for nanoparticles as the fastest catalystWilliam M Alley
Department of Chemistry, Colorado State University, Fort Collins, Colorado 80523, USA
Inorg Chem 49:8131-47. 2010Ziegler-type hydrogenation catalysts, those made from a group 8-10 transition metal precatalyst and an AlR(3) cocatalyst, are often used for large scale industrial polymer hydrogenation; note that Ziegler-type hydrogenation catalysts are ..
- Nucleation and elongation of actin filaments in the presence of high speed supernate from neutrophil lysates: modulating effects of Ca2+ and phosphatidylinositol-4,5-bisphosphateM J DiNubile
Division of Infectious Diseases, Department of Medicine, Cooper Health System, UMDNJ Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, Camden, NJ, USA
Biochim Biophys Acta 1405:85-98. 1998..High speed supernates (HSS) of dilute neutrophil lysates contain actin monomers and/or oligomers that can be induced to polymerize by certain ..
- Shelf lives of aseptically prepared medicines--stability of hydrocortisone sodium succinate in PVC and non-PVC bags and in polypropylene syringesDiane Clare Rigge
Quality Control North West, Stepping Hill Hospital, Poplar Grove, Stockport, Cheshire SK2 7JE, UK
J Pharm Biomed Anal 38:332-6. 2005Parenteral aseptic preparations of hydrocortisone sodium succinate (HSS) are used frequently in hospitals, but little definitive stability information is available...
- Cardiovascular and pulmonary effects of hetastarch plus hypertonic saline solutions during experimental endotoxemia in anesthetized horsesLucas G Pantaleon
Marion duPont Scott Equine Medical Center, Virginia Maryland Regional College of Veterinary Medicine, Leesburg, VA, USA
J Vet Intern Med 20:1422-8. 2006..The objective of this study was to determine the cardiopulmonary effects of small-volume resuscitation using hypertonic saline solution (HSS) plus Hetastarch (HES) during experimental endotoxemia in anesthetized horses.
- Monitoring stress levels in postgraduate medical trainingJustin D Hill
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, University of Iowa Carver College of Medicine, Iowa City, Iowa 52242 1078, USA
Laryngoscope 119:75-8. 2009..and a low degree of personal accomplishment using the Maslach Burnout Inventory-Human Services Survey (MBI-HSS)...
- Five percent, 7.5% or 10% hypertonic saline prevents delayed neuronal death in gerbilsShinsuke Hamaguchi
Department of Anesthesiology, Dokkyo University School of Medicine, Mibu, Tochigi, Japan
Can J Anaesth 49:745-8. 2002To clarify the appropriate concentration and dose of hypertonic saline solution (HSS) for preventing delayed neuronal death in the hippocampal CA1 subfield after transient forebrain ischemia in gerbils.
- The influence of limited postoperative weight-bearing on the outcome of drilling in osteochondritis dissecans taliMichael Bohnsack
Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Hannover Medical School, Anna von Borries Str 1 7, 30625 Hannover, Germany
Arch Orthop Trauma Surg 123:447-50. 2003..This prospective study was performed to assess the influence of limited weight-bearing on the outcome of osteochondral drilling in the treatment of an osteochondritis dissecans tali...
- Residues Asp164 and Glu165 at the substrate entryway function potently in substrate orientation of alanine racemase from E. coli: Enzymatic characterization with crystal structure analysisDalei Wu
Drug Discovery and Design Center, State Key Laboratory of Drug Research, Shanghai Institute of Materia Medica, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Shanghai 201203, People s Republic of China
Protein Sci 17:1066-76. 2008Alanine racemase (Alr) is an important enzyme that catalyzes the interconversion of L-alanine and D-alanine, an essential building block in the peptidoglycan biosynthesis...
- Effect of specific anion on templated crystal nucleation at the liquid-liquid interfaceSunghee Lee
Department of Chemistry, Iona College, New Rochelle, New York 10801, USA
Langmuir 26:9556-64. 2010..The salts used were K(2)HPO(4), KCl, KBr, KI, KNO(3), and KSCN, present at an initial concentration of 10 mM within an aqueous microdroplet ..
- Hallermann-Streiff syndrome associated with small cerebellum, endocrinopathy and increased chromosomal breakageJ W Hou
Division of Medical Genetics and Metabolism, Chang Gung Children s Hospital, Taoyuan, Taiwan
Acta Paediatr 92:869-71. 2003Hallermann-Streiff syndrome (HSS) is a rare clinic entity of unknown aetiology. Further clinical and metabolic-genetic evaluations are indicated...
- An intronic locus control region plays an essential role in the establishment of an autonomous hepatic chromatin domain for the human vitamin D-binding protein geneTomoko Hiroki
Department of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, 415 Curie Boulevard, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Mol Cell Biol 27:7365-80. 2007..A minimal hDBP transgene, containing a defined set of liver-specific DNase I hypersensitive sites (HSs), is robustly expressed in mouse liver in a copy-number-dependent manner. Here we evaluate these HSs for function...
- Pharmacokinetics of laropiprant and glucuronide metabolite in patients with severe renal insufficiencyMark Stroh
Department of Clinical Drug Metabolism, Merck Research Laboratories, West Point, PA 19486 0004, USA
Am J Ther 16:379-84. 2009..laropiprant 40-mg dose in 8 nondialyzed, severe renal insufficiency patients (RIs) with healthy matched subjects (HSs) (24-hour creatinine clearance <30 mL/min/1.73 m(2) and >80 mL/min/1.73 m(2) for RIs and HSs, respectively)...
- Genetic recombinant expression and characterization of human augmenter of liver regenerationChun fang Gao
Department of Laboratory Medicine, Eastern Hepatobiliary Hospital, Second Military Medical University, 225 Changhai Road, Shanghai, 200438, China
Dig Dis Sci 54:530-7. 2009..To establish a highly effective prokaryotic recombinant expression system for human augmenter of liver regeneration (hALR) and to characterize the recombinant hALR both in vitro and in vivo...
- A glutathione-specific aldose reductase of Leishmania donovani and its potential implications for methylglyoxal detoxification pathwayJyoti Rath
School of Life Sciences, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi 110 067, India
Gene 429:1-9. 2009..The gene encoding aldose reductase (ALR) has been cloned from Leishmania donovani, a protozoan parasite causing visceral leishmaniasis...
- Structural analysis and mapping of DNase I hypersensitivity of HS5 of the beta-globin locus control regionQ Li
School of Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington, 98195, USA
Genomics 61:183-93. 1999..The LCR is composed of five DNase I hypersensitive sites (HSs), four of which are formed in erythroid cells. The function of the 5'-most site, HS5, remains unknown...
- Heterologous expression of a bacterial homospermidine synthase gene in transgenic tobacco: effects on the polyamine pathwayAnnette Kaiser
Institut für Medizinische Parasitologie, Bonn, Germany
Arch Pharm (Weinheim) 335:143-51. 2002Homospermidine synthase (HSS) is a branch-point enzyme that links the secondary pathway (pyrrolizidine alkaloids) to primary metabolism (polyamines)...
- Head, arm and trunk coordination during reaching in childrenH Sveistrup
Faculty of Health Sciences, University of Ottawa, Ottawa, Canada
Exp Brain Res 188:237-47. 2008..HST) or "en bloc" pattern was observed with approximately the same frequency as a head-stabilized-in-space (HSS) pattern in the youngest children in the yaw plane for reaches within arm's length...
- [Clinical analysis of 13 infected total knee replacements]B Kou
Arthritis and Clinic Research Center, People's Hospital, Beijing Medical University, Beijing 100044, China
Zhonghua Wai Ke Za Zhi 38:253-5. 2000..The preoperative average ROM of knees was 55 degrees and the average Hospital for Special Surgery (HSS) knee score was 36.5 points. Clinical results were evaluated after average follow-up for 3 years and 5 months...
- [Anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction using periosteum wrapped autologous hamstring tendons: clinical research]Ran Sun
Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Third Hosipital of Heibei Medical University, Shijiazhuang 050051, China
Zhonghua Yi Xue Za Zhi 90:182-6. 2010..To develop a surgical technique using a periosteal flap wrapped autologous hamstring tendons in ACL reconstruction and to examine its short-term outcome...
- Thyroid hormone and dietary carbohydrate interact to regulate rat liver S14 gene transcription and chromatin structureD B Jump
Department of Physiology, Michigan State University, East Lansing 48824
J Biol Chem 265:3474-8. 1990..hypothyroid rats inhibited the formation of three DNase I-hypersensitive sites flanking the 5'-end of the S14 gene (Hss-1 at -65 to -265 base pairs; Hss-2 at -1.2 kilobases and Hss-3 at -2.67 kilobases)...
- Removal of dissolved organic matter by granular-activated carbon adsorption as a pretreatment to reverse osmosis of membrane bioreactor effluentsShirra Gur-Reznik
Faculty of Civil and Environmental Engineering and Grand Water Research Institute, Technion Israel Institute of Technology, Haifa 32000, Israel
Water Res 42:1595-605. 2008..The pattern and efficiency of DOM adsorption and fate of the hydrophobic (HPO), transphilic (TPI) and hydrophilic (HPI) fractions were characterized, as well as their impact on organic fouling ..
- Cholera toxin-sensitive GTP-binding protein-coupled activation of augmenter of liver regeneration (ALR) receptor and its function in rat kupffer cellsChandrashekhar R Gandhi
VA Pittsburgh Healthcare System, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA
J Cell Physiol 222:365-73. 2010Mitogenic effect of augmenter of liver regeneration (ALR), a protein produced and released by hepatocytes, on hepatocytes in vivo but not in vitro suggests that the effect is mediated by nonparenchymal cells...
- Persistent transforming growth factor-beta 1 expression may predict peritoneal fibrosis in CAPD patients with frequent peritonitis occurrenceC Y Lin
Department of Pediatrics, Veterans General Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan
Am J Nephrol 18:513-9. 1998..before onset, once a week during peritonitis, and after peritonitis in high and low peritonitis occurrence (HPO and LPO) patients. Fifteen patients with a LPO rate and 5 patients with a HPO rate were followed up longitudinally...
- Reactivity and selectivity of the N-acetyl-Glu-P-1, N-acetyl-Glu-P-2, N-acetyl-MeIQx, and N-acetyl-IQx nitrenium ions: comparison to carbocyclic N-arylnitrenium ionsMichael Novak
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, Miami University, Oxford, Ohio 45056, USA
J Am Chem Soc 124:7972-81. 2002..The reactions of the nitrenium ions with AcO(-), HPO(4)(2-), N(3)(-), and 2'-deoxyguanosine (d-G) were characterized in aqueous solution by using a combination of ..
- Cloning of Trypanosoma brucei and Leishmania major genes encoding the GlcNAc-phosphatidylinositol de-N-acetylase of glycosylphosphatidylinositol biosynthesis that is essential to the African sleeping sickness parasiteTunhan Chang
Division of Biological Chemistry and Molecular Microbiology, The Wellcome Trust Biocentre, The School of Life Sciences, University of Dundee, Dundee DD1 5EH, Scotland, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 277:50176-82. 2002..anchor biosynthesis in all eukaryotes is the conversion of D-GlcNAcalpha1-6-d-myo-inositol-1-HPO(4)-sn-1,2-diacylglycerol (GlcNAc-PI) to d-GlcNalpha1-6-d-myo-inositol-1-HPO(4)-sn-1,2-diacylglycerol by GlcNAc-PI ..
- Intra-articular fractures of the distal femur: a long-term follow-up study of surgically treated patientsMaarten V Rademakers
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Academic Medical Center, G4 259, PO Box 22660, 1100 DD Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Orthop Trauma 18:213-9. 2004..To analyze the long-term (5-25 years) functional and radiologic results of surgically treated intra-articular fractures of the distal femur...
- [Cloning, sequence analysis and expression of alanine racemase gene in Pseudomonas putida]Qin Cao
Institute of Microbiology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing 100080, China
Wei Sheng Wu Xue Bao 46:80-4. 2006..DadX encodes a peptide of 357 amino acids with a calculated molecular weight of 38.82kDa. The putative product of alr gene is a peptide of 409 amino acids with molecular weight of 44.182kDa...
- Age and stress as determinants of the severity of hyperthyroidism caused by Graves' disease in newly diagnosed patientsXander G Vos
Department of Endocrinology and Metabolism, F5 161, Academic Medical Center, University of Amsterdam, Meibergdreef 9, 1105 AZ Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Eur J Endocrinol 160:193-9. 2009..We tested the hypothesis whether advancing age is associated with less exposure to stress, resulting in a lower immunological response, and less severe Graves' hyperthyroidism...
- Objective scoring of hidradenitis suppurativa reflecting the role of tobacco smoking and obesityK Sartorius
Section of Dermatology, Department of Medicine, Karolinska Institutet, Karolinska University Hospital Huddinge, SE 141 86 Stockholm, Sweden
Br J Dermatol 161:831-9. 2009..The disease is difficult to treat and has a severe impact on quality of life. A clinically relevant system for scoring disease severity is lacking in HS...
- Generation and characterization of thymidine/D-alanine auxotrophic recombinant Lactococcus lactis subsp. lactis IL1403 expressing BmpBEun Bae Kim
Department of Agricultural Biotechnology, Seoul National University, Seoul, Korea
Curr Microbiol 61:29-36. 2010..lactis subsp. lactis IL1403 strains expressing a heterologous protein, BmpB, using thyA- and alr-targeting integration vectors: ITD (thyA(-)alr(+) bmpB(+)), IAD (thyA(+)alr(-)bmpB(+)), and ITDAD (thyA(-)alr(-) ..
- [Comparison of short-term result between high-flex and conventional posterior-stabilized prosthesis in total knee arthroplasty]Jin Li
Department of Orthopedics, Ningbo Medical Treatment Center Lihuili Hospital, Ningbo Zhejiang, 315040, P R China
Zhongguo Xiu Fu Chong Jian Wai Ke Za Zhi 24:278-81. 2010..To compare the short-term result between the high-flex (HF) and conventional posterior-stabilized (PS) prosthesis in total knee arthroplasty (TKA)...
- Structure of the human sulfhydryl oxidase augmenter of liver regeneration and characterization of a human mutation causing an autosomal recessive myopathy Vidyadhar N Daithankar
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, University of Delaware, Newark, Delaware 19716, USA
Biochemistry 49:6737-45. 2010The sulfhydryl oxidase augmenter of liver regeneration (ALR) binds FAD in a helix-rich domain that presents a CxxC disulfide proximal to the isoalloxazine ring of the flavin...
- The effect of pressure on the phase transition behavior of tridecane, pentadecane, and heptadecane: a Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy studyMotoi Yamashita
College of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Ritsumeikan University, 1 1 1 Noji higashi, Kusatsu, Shiga 525 8577, Japan
J Chem Phys 134:144503. 2011..The transition between the high pressure ordered (HPO) and high pressure rotator (HPR) phases has been observed in the pressure ranges of 270-220, 106-95, and 152-181 ..
- Characterization of biofilm formation on a humic materialA L Rodrigues
Institute for Biotechnology and Bioengineering IBB, Centre of Biological Engineering, University of Minho, Campus de Gualtar, 4700 057, Braga, Portugal
J Ind Microbiol Biotechnol 35:1269-76. 2008..The present work intends to study biofilm formation in the presence of humic substances (HSs) as a carbon source...
- Systematic prediction of new inorganic ferroelectrics in point group 4- Abrahams
Physics Department, Southern Oregon University, Ashland, OR 97520, USA
Acta Crystallogr B 55:494-506. 1999..modulated NbTe(4), Na(3)Nb(12)O(31)F, Ca(2)FeO(3)Cl, K(4)CuV(5)O(15)Cl, TlBO(2), CrOF(3), PbTeO(3), VO(HPO(3))(H(2)O).3H(2)O, MgB(2)O(OH)(6), beta-tetragonal boron, CuBi(2)O(4), WOBr(4), Na(8)PtO(6), SbF(2)Cl(3), Ba(1...
- An erythroid-specific chromatin opening element reorganizes beta-globin promoter chromatin structure and augments gene expressionM J Nemeth
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Dartmouth Medical School, Hanover, New Hampshire 03755, USA
Blood Cells Mol Dis 27:767-80. 2001..Changes include the formation of DNase I hypersensitive sites (HSs) over the promoters of actively expressed genes...
- Reduced thymic expression of islet antigen contributes to loss of self-toleranceC E Mathews
Department of Pediatrics, University of Pittsburgh, and Children s Hospital of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15213, USA
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1005:412-7. 2003..that the expression of GAD65, GAD67, and INS2 were equivalent when comparing NOD at any age to B6, BALB/cJ, and ALR/LtJ...
- A novel assay method for an amino acid racemase reaction based on circular dichroismMasafumi Noda
Department of Molecular Microbiology and Biotechnology, Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, Hiroshima University, Kasumi 1 2 3, Hiroshima 734 8551, Japan
Biochem J 389:491-6. 2005..based on circular dichroism that can be used for the kinetic study of the activity of amino acid racemases, such as ALR (alanine racemase)...
- Preliminary results after total knee arthroplasty without femoral trochlea: evaluation of clinical results, quality of life and gait functionSusanne Fuchs
Department of Orthopaedics, University Hospital Muenster, Albert Schweitzer Strasse 33, 48149, Munster, Germany
Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc 13:664-9. 2005..The clinical results were evaluated with the Hospital for Special Surgery Scores (HSS) and the Knee Society Clinical Rating Systems (KSS). Pain was rated on a Visual Analog Scale (VAS)...
- Families' perceptions of services in assisted living residencesCynthia A Beel-Bates
Cook DeVos Health Sciences Center, Kirkhof College of Nursing, Grand Valley State University, Grand Rapids, Michigan 49503, USA
J Gerontol Nurs 33:5-12. 2007..A total of 46 respondents reported assistance with activities of daily living as the most frequently offered ALR service...
- The disulfide relay of the intermembrane space of mitochondria: an oxygen-sensing system?Karl Bihlmaier
Cell Biology, University of Kaiserslautern, Kaiserslautern, Germany
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1147:293-302. 2008..Import of these proteins is catalyzed by two essential components, Mia40 and Erv1. Mia40 is a protein in the intermembrane space that directly binds newly imported proteins via disulfide bonds...
- Weight-bearing flexion angle correlates significantly with severity of knee osteoarthritisYuji Kuroyanagi
Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Keio University, Tokyo, Japan
Knee 16:371-4. 2009..Maximum flexion angles during weight-bearing rising correlated significantly with HSS score (r=0.63; 95% confidence interval, 0.40-0...
- Rapid assay of trace ceruloplasmin using an immunonanogold resonance scattering spectral probeZhiliang Jiang
School of Environment and Resource, Guangxi Normal University, Guilin 541004, China
Anal Sci 25:463-7. 2009..In a pH 7.8 citric acid-Na(2)HPO(4) buffer solution and in the presence of polyethylene glycol (PEG), an immunoreaction between AuGCP and CP took ..
- ZEB1 and CtBP form a repressive complex at a distal promoter element of the BCL6 locusVasiliki Papadopoulou
Department of Haematology, Imperial College London, Hammersmith Hospital, UK
Biochem J 427:541-50. 2010..4 kb upstream of BCL6 transcription initiation (HSS-4...
- The human phenotype ontologyP N Robinson
Institute for Medical Genetics, Augustenburger Platz 1, 13353 Berlin, Germany
Clin Genet 77:525-34. 2010..The Human Phenotype Ontology (HPO) is being developed in an effort to provide such a vocabulary...
- Trapping oxidative folding intermediates during translocation to the intermembrane space of mitochondria: in vivo and in vitro studiesDionisia P Sideris
Department of Biology, University of Crete and Institute of Molecular Biology and Biotechnology Foundation for Research and Technology Hellas, Heraklion, Crete, Greece
Methods Mol Biol 619:411-23. 2010..in the IMS by a disulfide relay mechanism that involves introduction of disulfides from the sulfhydryl oxidase Erv1 to the redox-regulated import receptor Mia40 and then on to the substrate...
- Anodic mesoporous TiO2 layer on Ti for enhanced formation of biomimetic hydroxyapatiteTuli Dey
Department of Materials Science, WW4 LKO, University of Erlangen Nuremberg, Erlangen, Germany
Acta Biomater 7:1873-9. 2011..These coatings are produced by anodization of Ti at elevated temperature in a glycerol/K(2)HPO(4) electrolyte, followed by an appropriate etching process...
- Meta-analysis and systematic review of clinical outcomes comparing mobile bearing and fixed bearing total knee arthroplastyHolly Smith
Division of Orthopaedic Surgery, Department of Surgery, University Health Network, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
J Arthroplasty 26:1205-13. 2011..We also pooled data for post-operative range of motion (ROM) and Hospital for Special Surgery scores (HSS). The standard difference in mean outcome scores for KSS and HSS demonstrated no difference between groups (P = ...
- Crystal forms of naproxenJung Soon Song
College of Pharmacy, Duksung Women s University, Seoul, Korea
Arch Pharm Res 34:87-90. 2011..2)H(2)O/20°C) and 95% RH (saturated solution of Na(2)HPO(4)/20°C), Form 2 and Form 4 were transformed to Form 1, but Form 3 and Form 1 were not transformed and they were ..
- Gene expression analysis of demineralized bone matrix-induced osteogenesis in human periosteal cells using cDNA array technologyS Honsawek
Department of Biochemistry, Faculty of Medicine, King Chulalongkorn Memorial Hospital, Chulalongkorn University, Thai Red Cross Society, Bangkok, Thailand
Genet Mol Res 10:2093-103. 2011..We investigated gene expression patterns of osteogenic differentiation in human periosteal (HPO) cells cultured with demineralized bone matrix, using cDNA array technology...
- Ion permeable microcapsules for the release of biologically available ions for remineralizationMichael T Davidson
Department of Chemistry, College of Arts and Sciences, Creighton University, Omaha, Nebraska 68178, USA
J Biomed Mater Res A 100:665-72. 2012..polymerization technique was utilized to prepare microcapsules containing either an aqueous solution of K₂HPO₄, Ca(NO₃)₂, or NaF...
- Sedimentary transport and fate of polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (PAH) from managed burning of moorland vegetation on a blanket peat, South Yorkshire, UKChristopher H Vane
British Geological Survey, Environmental Science Centre, Keyworth, Nottingham, NG12 5GG, UK
Sci Total Environ 449:81-94. 2013..vegetation and compares them to PAH in catchment vegetation, underlying peats, head water suspended sediment (HSS), stream water and reservoir sediment cores...
- Hip-specific quality of life survey for patients with hip osteoarthritis - development and preliminary validity assessmentWiesław Kaczmarek
Department of Orthopedics and Traumatology, Poznan University of Medical Sciences, Poznan, Poland
Pol Orthop Traumatol 79:10-8. 2014..Aim. Development and preliminary validation of hip-specific quality of life survey (HSS) of patients with hip osteoarthritis.
- Urinary glycosaminoglycan (uGAG) excretion in healthy pediatric and adolescent populationKatarzyna Komosinska-Vassev
Department of Clinical Chemistry and Laboratory Diagnostics, Medical University of Silesia, Poland Electronic address
Clin Biochem 47:1341-3. 2014..on the urinary excretion of total glycosaminoglycans (uGAGs) and their particular types: chondroitin/dermatan sulfates (CS/DSs), heparan sulfates (HSs) and hyaluronan (HA) was analyzed in healthy pediatric and adolescent population.
- Determination and pharmacokinetic study of four lignans in rat plasma after oral administration of an extract of Valeriana amurensis by ultra-high performance liquid chromatography with tandem mass spectrometryJuan Xue
Key Laboratory of Chinese Materia Medica Ministry of Education, Heilongjiang University of Chinese Medicine, 24 Heping Road, Xiangfang District, Harbin, 150040, China
J Sep Sci 39:1825-33. 2016..The analytes and ethyl 4-hydroxybenzoate (internal standard) were separated on a Waters ACQUITY UPLC HSS T3 chromatographic column...
- Spermidine Inversely Influences Surface Interactions and Planktonic Growth in Agrobacterium tumefaciensYi Wang
Department of Biology, Indiana University, Bloomington, Indiana, USA
J Bacteriol 198:2682-91. 2016..of the precursors putrescine and carboxyspermidine in the CASDH and CASDC mutants, respectively, but unexpectedly, both mutants accumulated homospermidine; here, we show that this requires a homospermidine synthase (hss) homologue.
- Can we replace HIV sentinel surveillance platform with prevention of parent-to-child transmission (PPTCT) program data to assess HIV burden and trends in India?Rajneesh K Joshi
Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, National AIDS Research Institute ICMR, 73, G Block MIDC Bhosari, Pune 411026, Maharashtra, India Faculty of Health and Biomedical Sciences, Symbiosis International University, Pune, Maharashtra, India
Trans R Soc Trop Med Hyg 110:393-9. 2016Estimates of HIV burden in India are based on HIV sentinel surveillance (HSS), which has limitations such as insufficient sample size for district level analysis and ethical concerns...
- UHPLC-Q-TOF-MS-based metabolomics approach to compare the saponin compositions of Xueshuantong Injection and Xuesaitong InjectionChangliang Yao
Shanghai Research Center for Modernization of Traditional Chinese Medicine, National Engineering Laboratory for TCM Standardization Technology, Shanghai Institute of Materia Medica, Chinese Academy of Sciences, 501 Haike Road, Shanghai, China
J Sep Sci . 2016..A highly efficient chromatographic separation was achieved on an HSS T3 column within 20 min with the holistic metabolites information recorded in the negative MSE mode...
- Identification of a locus control region in the immunoglobulin heavy-chain locus that deregulates c-myc expression in plasmacytoma and Burkitt's lymphoma cellsL Madisen
Hutchinson Cancer Center, University of Washington School of Medicine, Seattle 98104
Genes Dev 8:2212-26. 1994..3' of the IgH C alpha gene contains four tissue-specific and cell stage-specific DNase I hypersensitive sites (HSs), two of which map to the late B cell-specific 3' C alpha enhancer...
- Explosion investigation of asphalt-salt mixtures in a reprocessing plantK Hasegawa
National Research Institute of Fire and Disaster 14 1, Nakahara 3 Chome, Mitaka, 181 8633, Tokyo, Japan
J Hazard Mater 79:241-67. 2000..Molecules containing intramolecular hydrogen, such as Na(2)HPO(4) and NaHCO(3), do not oxidize asphalt directly, however, their presence chemically promotes the oxidizing ..
- Short-term environmental impact of clam dredging in coastal waters (south of Portugal): chemical disturbance and subsequent recovery of seabedM Falcao
Instituto Nacional de Investigação Agrária e das Pescas INIAP IPIMAR, Centro Regional de Investigação Pesqueira do Sul CRIPSul, Av 5 de Outubro s n, 8700 305 Olhão, Portugal
Mar Environ Res 56:649-64. 2003..A microcosm experiment showed that after sediment disturbance HPO(4)(2-) dissolved in pore water decreased from 40 to 10 microM being simultaneously sorbed onto iron oxides formed ..
- Transforming properties of YAP, a candidate oncogene on the chromosome 11q22 ampliconMichael Overholtzer
Department of Cell Biology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 103:12405-10. 2006..one known gene, Yap, encoding the mammalian ortholog of Drosophila Yorkie (Yki), a downstream effector of the Hippo(Hpo)-Salvador(Sav)-Warts(Wts) signaling cascade, recently identified in flies as a critical regulator of cellular ..
- Clinical results of posterior cruciate ligament retaining TKA with alumina ceramic condylar prosthesis: comparison to Co-Cr alloy prosthesisTokifumi Majima
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Hokkaido University School of Medicine, N 15, W 7, Kita ku, Sapporo, 060 8631, Japan
Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc 16:152-6. 2008..In the other patients, there were no significant differences in clinical parameters (HSS knee score and range of motion) between the two prostheses...
- Heparan sulfate mediates the proliferation and differentiation of rat mesenchymal stem cellsChristian Dombrowski
Stem Cells and Tissue Repair Group, Institute of Medical Biology, A STAR, Singapore
Stem Cells Dev 18:661-70. 2009..cells (MSCs) is controlled by various growth factors, the activities of which can be modulated by heparan sulfates (HSs)...
- Patient-based outcomes in patellofemoral arthroplastyM M Utukuri
Royal Free Hospital, UK
J Knee Surg 21:269-74. 2008..Clinical and radiographic assessment was performed using the Hospital for Special Surgery (HSS) knee score...
- Biofilms formed on humic substances: response to flow conditions and carbon concentrationsA L Rodrigues
IBB Institute for Biotechnology and Bioengineering, Centre of Biological Engineering, University of Minho, Campus de Gualtar, 4710 057 Braga, Portugal
Bioresour Technol 101:6888-94. 2010..Thus, the aim of this study was to investigate the response of biofilms formed with and without humic substances (HSs) to an increase in flow velocity (0.04-0.10 ms(-1)) and HSs concentration (9.7+/-1.0 to 19.8+/-0.4 mgL(-1) C)...
- Sequential changes in chromatin structure during transcriptional activation in the beta globin LCR and its target geneKihoon Kim
Department of Molecular Biology, College of Natural Sciences, Pusan National University, Pusan 609 735, Republic of Korea
Int J Biochem Cell Biol 42:1517-24. 2010..of the globin genes requires the locus control region (LCR) consisting of several hypersensitive sites (HSs)...
- Comparison of dissolved organic matter fractions in a secondary effluent and a natural waterShuang Xue
School of Environmental Science, Liaoning University, Shenyang 110036, China
Environ Monit Assess 180:371-83. 2011..DOM was fractionated using XAD resins into five fractions: hydrophobic acid (HPO-A), hydrophobic neutral (HPO-N), transphilic acid (TPI-A), transphilic neutral (TPI-N) and hydrophilic fraction (..
- Characterization of redox-mediated protein in mitochondriaSONYA ELINA NEAL; Fiscal Year: 2013..The sulfhydryl oxidase Erv1 also functions in this pathway as a putative oxidant for Mia40...
- Clayton E Mathews; Fiscal Year: 2015..with protection from T1D in both an at risk human population and in crosses of the T1D-prone NOD with T1D-resistant ALR mice. The goal of this application is to understand how this single amino acid change modifies resistance to T1D...
- Duojia Pan; Fiscal Year: 2016..last project period has allowed us to delineate a Hippo kinase cascade comprised of the Ste20-like kinase Hippo (Hpo), the NDR family kinase Warts (Wts), and the transcriptional co activator Yorkie (Yki)...
- mt-Nd2 and Resistance to Autoimmune DiabetesClayton E Mathews; Fiscal Year: 2011..with protection from T1D in both an at risk human population and in crosses of the T1D-prone NOD with T1D-resistant ALR mice. The goal of this application is to understand how this single amino acid change modifies resistance to T1D...
- MATRIX METALLOPROTEINASES AND NEURONS IN FOCAL ISCHEMIAGregory J del Zoppo; Fiscal Year: 2010..data, we propose that enzymes which degrade matrix heparan sulfate proteoglycans (HSPGs) and heparan sulfates (HSs) are generated following MCA:O, simultaneously with the matrix metalloproteinase pro-MMP-2, and are responsible for ..
- Carla M Koehler; Fiscal Year: 2016..The TIM22 import pathway and the Erv1/Mia40 oxidative folding pathway will be targeted...
- Colin Thorpe; Fiscal Year: 2016..and a representative of the smaller single-domain Erv-like oxidases, augmenter of liver regeneration (ALR)...
- Mechanisms of Alcoholic Liver DiseaseChandrashekhar R Gandhi; Fiscal Year: 2013..Our work using a mouse model of hepatic deficiency of a protein named augmenter of liver regeneration (ALR) indicates that the defects in ALR gene and serum ALR levels could be reliable diagnostic indicators of the ..
- A Model Organism to Study Allorecognition and ChimerismFadi Lakkis; Fiscal Year: 2009..The specific aims of the current proposal are to (1) functionally characterize alr genes, gene products, and interacting proteins;(2) further the genetic characterization of Hydractinia ..
- FUNCTION OF THE SUBUNITS OF EUKARYOTIC CHROMOSOMESWILLIAM GARRARD; Fiscal Year: 2013..regions in Ig: chromatin that contain B-cell-specific and developmentally regulated DNase I hypersensitive sites (HSs): (1) A silencer (Sis) within the intervening sequence between the joining (J?) region and the most proximal V? ..
- Study of redox regulated pathways in the mitochondrionDEEPA VINAY DABIR; Fiscal Year: 2010..cerevisiae). Key players in assembly of DDP1 are proteins Erv1, a sulfhydryl oxidase, and Mia40...
- JOSEPH KISSIL; Fiscal Year: 2016..a a key regulator of multiple signal transduction pathways including those regulated by small G-proteins and the Hpo/Yap pathway...
- Contribution of Sigma Receptor Activation to Neuropathic PainHsiang En Wu; Fiscal Year: 2013..The proposed studies will examine the central hypothesis that activation of alR receptors in nociceptive sensory neurons contributes to neuropathic and inflammatory pain through inhibition of ..
- Wu Min Deng; Fiscal Year: 2016..have revealed that Notch is subject to strict temporal regulation by microRNAs and spatial regulation by the Hippo (Hpo) pathway...
- Cognitive Function in SLE (COGNITION)Robin L Brey; Fiscal Year: 2010..Texas HSC at San Antonio (UTHSCSA), Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions (JHMI) and the Hospital for Special Surgery (HSS)...
- Ethel Cesarman; Fiscal Year: 2014..Weill Cornell Medical College [WCMC], Sloan Kettering Institute [SKI], and Hospital for Special Surgery [HSS]) to provide a unique environment in which we strive to train the next generation of leaders in immunology and ..
- The Centers for Education and Research on Therapeutics *Alvin Mushlin; Fiscal Year: 2010..Department of Public Health at Weill Medical College of Cornell University with the Hospital for Special Surgery (HSS), the largest and one of the most well-respected orthopedic institutions in the country...
- Kenneth H Moberg; Fiscal Year: 2015..Our objectives in this proposal are to test the role of this newly discovered Crumbs-Hpo/Mst2 link in the excessive growth of tsg101 mutant tumors, and to identify novel components of the Crumbs-Hpo/Mst2 ..
- Eric P Skaar; Fiscal Year: 2016..aureus machinery responsible for this adaptive response: the heme sensor system (Hss) and the heme regulated transporter (Hrt)...
- Joseph E Donnelly; Fiscal Year: 2016..Although not specific to weight management HSS recommendations have been interpreted to be sufficient for that purpose...
- Public Reporting on Housing with Support Services for Aged and Disabled ConsumersSheryl Zimmerman; Fiscal Year: 2012DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Housing with supportive services (HSS) is non-institutional housing with essential services (e.g...
- Marjolein C van der Meulen; Fiscal Year: 2016..The Musculoskeletal Training Program represents the continued commitment of the Hospital for Special Surgery (HSS) to train clinicians and scientists in basic and applied research...
- Ada Hamosh; Fiscal Year: 2016..data mining of OMIM, we have added 1CD9/10 and SNOMEDCT numbers to OMIM entries and plan to add UMLS, SNOMED, HPO and other ontology classifications to the features of OMIM's clinical synopses...
- Beth A Reboussin; Fiscal Year: 2016..analysis (LTA) for studying empirically-derived stages of marijuana use and alternating logistic regressions (ALR) for estimating and modeling the magnitude of clustering in neighborhoods...
- MICHAEL H OVERHOLTZER; Fiscal Year: 2014..as internalized cargo is degraded, which reminiscent of the recently described autophagic lysosome reformation (ALR) program that functions similarly during autophagy...
- A JEM 1400 Electron Microscope for a Core FacilityFrederick R Maxfield; Fiscal Year: 2010..This will enable the joint facilities to continue to meet the needs of the research faculties at both WCMC and HSS in future years without needing to invest in another large full-scale instrument.
- STRUCTURE OF ANTIMITOGENIC MESANGIAL HEPARAN SULFATESAimin Wang; Fiscal Year: 2002DESCRIPTION (adapted from the application) Heparan sulfates (HSs) and heparin, proposed as endogenous defending molecules in the "glomerular self-defense", are inhibitors of mesangial cell growth in human proliferative nephritides, in ..
- Mary K Crow; Fiscal Year: 2014..by applicant): The objective of the Rheumatology Research Training Program at Hospital for Special Surgery (HSS) is to prepare outstanding physician and PhD candidates for 1) leadership positions in academic rheumatology and 2) ..
- MOLECULAR BASIS OF SYNDROMIC RETINITIS PIGMENTOSASusan Hayflick; Fiscal Year: 1999..Hallervorden-Spatz syndrome (HSS) and characterized by abnormal electroretinogram, lipofuscin accumulation in the retinal pigment epithelium, and ..
- Protein Modification by 3,4-DihydroxyphenylacetaldehydeJONATHAN DOORN; Fiscal Year: 2006..primarily to an acid via mitochondrial aldehyde dehydrogenase (ALDH2) but also to an alcohol by aldehyde reductase (ALR). Recent work implicates oxidative stress and lipid peroxidation products, e.g...
- THE EFFECTS OF DEXAMETHASONE ON FOLLICULAR DEVELOPMENTLAURA ROCKWELL; Fiscal Year: 2001Interaction between the hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal axis (HPA) and the hypothalamic-pituitary-ovarian axis (HPO) is well established but best understood at the level of the central nervous system (CNS) where the adrenal axis has an ..
- RISK-TAKING, ALCOHOL, AND HIV PREVENTION IN YOUTHRick Zimmerman; Fiscal Year: 2003..research, we expect that high school-age students who are high on sensation-seeking and impulsive decision-makers (HSS/IDM) will be particularly difficult to reach using conventional skills-based classroom curricula...
- Impact of Discordant Patient-Surgeon Expectations on Joint Arthroplasty OutcomesHassan Ghomrawi; Fiscal Year: 2013..This study will use data from the Hospital for Special Surgery (HSS) CERT TJA registry, which was established in 2007 with support from AHRQ and has thus far enrolled more than 8000 ..
- PATHOGENESIS OF AUTOIMMUNE DIABETES IN MICEEdward Leiter; Fiscal Year: 2004..The ALR mouse is closely related to NOD as evidenced by genetic identity for markers at multiple "Idd" (diabetes ..
- GROWTH FACTORS AND LIVER REGENERATIONSanjeev Gupta; Fiscal Year: 1993..this proposal is to investigate the role of a putative liver-specific growth factor, hepatic stimulator substance (HSS), in liver regeneration and compare its effects with other mitogens, e.g...
- Clustering of underage alcohol use in communities and its contextual influencesBeth Reboussin; Fiscal Year: 2009..use based on pair wise odds ratios obtained from a statistical method called alternating logistic regression (ALR), (2) evaluate the role of individual, social and community-level environmental contexts on this clustering, and (3)..
- STUDY OF BIOMINERALIZATION MECHANISMS IN DENTINKostas Verdelis; Fiscal Year: 2004..The sponsor and primary mentor is Dr. Boskey, Director of Research at HSS, with Dr. Crenshaw at the Dental Research Center of UNC as co-mentor...
- FIRST SCIENTIFIC WORKSHOP ON HALLERVORDEN-SPATZ SYNDROMESusan Hayflick; Fiscal Year: 2000Hallervorden-Spatz syndrome (HSS) is a rare autosomal recessive neurodegenerative disorder of childhood...
- SENSATION SEEKING AND DRUG ABUSE PREVENTIONLewis Donohew; Fiscal Year: 1993Approximately half of all adolescents and young adults can be classified as high sensation seekers (HSS)...
- Globin Gene Switching: Molecular ControlGeorge Stamatoyannopoulos; Fiscal Year: 2007..goals of this proposal are to investigate the mechanisms of human hemoglobin switching, delineate the function of HSs of the LCR and develop a new approach for the study of the molecular and cellular control of human hemoglobin ..
- Regeneration and transdetermination of imaginal discs of DrosophilaGEROLD A SCHUBIGER; Fiscal Year: 2010..Furthermore, we identified putative regeneration genes such as alr-like, a gene orthologous to the mouse gene augmenter of liver regeneration (alr), Matrix metalloproteinase 1 (Mmp1),..
- Computational discovery of cis-regulatory sequencesJohn Stamatoyannopoulos; Fiscal Year: 2007..This will be achieved by precise localization of DNaseI hypersensitive sites (HSs) surrounding 100 erythroid-specific and 100 lymphoid lineage -restricted genes...
- MobileReminder: A Camera Phone Based Medication Reminder for Older PatientsHuiping Li; Fiscal Year: 2006..Compared with existing devices, such as Med-On Time, ALR, and the e-pill MED Timer, our camera-phone based solution will offer the following advantages: 1) camera phones ..
- Anand Krishnan; Fiscal Year: 2015..Asscitino bochemca- fcrsokrs wih AR willb simtdi cse-cnrlmner rmwihi h chrt Cs efiiins t isigis aceril rom virl ALR will e evlpd n ese sig cliicl nd tillgic aacllctdfrmcmmnityan osialerlldAR css Micrbilprfiligwiha mhsis o eecin f ..
- Elucidating the Neurobiology of Postpartum DepressionEydie Moses Kolko; Fiscal Year: 2006..Hypothalamic-pituitary-ovarian (HPO and hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal (HPA) axis function will be assessed in relation to PET measures ..
- Identification of Functional DNA Elements by HSqPCRGeorge Stamatoyannopoulos; Fiscal Year: 2006..This profile will enable precise localization of all major Dnasel-hypersensitive sites ('HSs' hereafter)...
- Musculoskeletal Repair and RegenerationAdele L Boskey; Fiscal Year: 2010The theme of the Musculoskeletal Core Center at the Hospital for Special Surgery (HSS) is "Musculoskeletal Repair and Regeneration"...
- GENETIC ANALYSIS OF THE CHICKEN BETA-GLOBIN LOCUSElliot Epner; Fiscal Year: 2004..2. The role of the upstream hypersensitive sites (HSS) (5'HS1-4) in the chicken beta-globin locus will be investigated including the insulator boundary region (5'HS4)...
- ASTROCYTE-NEURON INTERACTIONS AND GNRH NEURONAL FUNCTIONDarrell Brann; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- Contraceptive efficacy and body weight: Does obesity affect the risk of failure?Alison Edelman; Fiscal Year: 2007..that increased Body Mass Index (BMI) alters OC availability resulting in inadequate hypothalamic-pituitary-ovarian (HPO) axis suppression during OC use in obese women...
- FUNCTION AND CONSERVATION IN GLOBIN LOCUS CONTROL REGIONRoss Hardison; Fiscal Year: 2001..LCR) is a major regulator of mammalian beta-like globin genes, and is marked by 5 DNase hypersensitive sites (HSs)...
- Epidemiologic Study of Placental AbruptionCande Ananth; Fiscal Year: 2006..It will also add substantial new evidence for associations of several genetic thrombophilias and abruption risk. ..
- Understanding Emerging Patterns of Non-Daily Smoking: Field and Lab AssessmentsSaul Shiffman; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- ROLE OF THE LCR IN HUMAN BETA-GLOBIN GENE REGULATIONKENNETH PETERSON; Fiscal Year: 2001..Specific Aim 3 will test the role of the LCR sequences in LCR complex formation and globin gene regulation using transgenic mice containing mutant beta-globin loci by applying FRET. ..
- Locus-linked Regulatory Motifs of Globin Gene SwitchingKENNETH PETERSON; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- PATHOGENESIS OF FUNCTIONAL HYPOTHALAMIC AMENORRHEASarah Berga; Fiscal Year: 2001..We expect that the results of this proposal will lead directly to the PA-91-lOO objective of developing a "psychosocial intervention for infertility." ..
- EFFECTIVE MEDIA STRATEGIES FOR DRUG ABUSE PREVENTIONPhilip Palmgreen; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- Six Programs for the Future of Alcohol SafetyRobert Voas; Fiscal Year: 2007..Voas to become involved in a broader range of programs than if he otherwise were limited by taking on the full management of individual R01 projects. For this effort we are requesting 5 years of support for 75% of Dr. Voas' time. ..
- Decision Rules for Multiple Endpoints in Clinical TrialsAJIT TAMHANE; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Transactivation of Fetal HemoglobinKENNETH PETERSON; Fiscal Year: 2007..This proposal will generate unique tools and new strategies to understand mechanisms of ?-globin gene regulation for treatment of SCD. ..
- HARLEM ADHERENCE WITH RETROVIRAL THERAPY STUDYSharon Mannheimer; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- EVALUATION OF EFFORTS TO REDUCE BORDER BINGE DRINKINGRobert Voas; Fiscal Year: 2002..El Paso/Juarez, a border town with a similar border-binge drinking problem will, serve as a comparison site. ..
- ENVIRONMENTAL PREVENTION OF COLLEGE ALCOHOL PROBLEMSRobert Voas; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- Synchrotron-Based Infrared Microscope for Chemical Imaging of DiseaseLisa Miller; Fiscal Year: 2007..This instrument will be unique worldwide. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Molecular control of fetal G-globin gene expressionKENNETH PETERSON; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- GENETICS OF SEX DETERMINATION AND CELL DEATH IN PLANTSStephen Dellaporta; Fiscal Year: 2004..Hence, understanding the processes of tasselseed-mediated cell death, silkless-mediated cell protection and gibberellin-mediated cell arrest will be of fundamental importance in understanding many health-related processes. ..
- Manganese Homeostasis and SalmonellaMichael Maguire; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- SIZE-CONTROL MECHANISMS IN DROSOPHILA DEVELOPMENTDuojia Pan; Fiscal Year: 2005..Understanding the molecular mechanisms of dPTEN function will not only provide insights into size control mechanisms in development, but also shed light on how PTEN functions as a tumor suppressor gene in humans. ..
- Machine learning analysis of tandem mass spectraWilliam Stafford Noble; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- PREVENTION OF DENTAL CARIESShozo Takagi; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- Lowering the drinking age: The New Zealand exampleRobert Voas; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..