Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: GFAT2
Description: glutamine-fructose-6-phosphate transaminase 2
Alias: GFAT, GFAT 2, GFAT2, glutamine--fructose-6-phosphate aminotransferase [isomerizing] 2, D-fructose-6-phosphate amidotransferase 2, glucosamine--fructose-6-phosphate aminotransferase [isomerizing] 2, glutamine: fructose-6-phosphate aminotransferase 2, glutamine:fructose-6-phosphate amidotransferase 2, hexosephosphate aminotransferase 2
- cDNA cloning and mapping of a novel subtype of glutamine:fructose-6-phosphate amidotransferase (GFAT2) in human and mouseT Oki
Tsukuba Research Laboratories, Eisai Company, Ltd, 5 1 3, Tokodai, Tsukuba, Ibaraki, 300 2635, Japan
Genomics 57:227-34. 1999..cDNAs of a novel subtype of glutamine:fructose-6-phosphate amidotransferase (GFAT), which was designated GFAT2 (the previously reported GFAT was named GFAT1)...
- Common variants in glutamine:fructose-6-phosphate amidotransferase 2 (GFPT2) gene are associated with type 2 diabetes, diabetic nephropathy, and increased GFPT2 mRNA levelsHailing Zhang
Department of Medicine, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, Little Rock, 72205, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 89:748-55. 2004..We propose that the 3' UTR variant results in increased GFPT2 mRNA levels with resultant increased hexosamine flux. The I471V variant may contribute to altered protein function or may simply be in linkage disequilibrium with the 3' UTR...
- Differential hexosamine biosynthetic pathway gene expression with type 2 diabetesMegan Coomer
Cardio Metabolic Research Group CMRG, Department of Physiological Sciences, Stellenbosch University, Stellenbosch 7600, South Africa
Mol Genet Metab Rep 1:158-169. 2014..Thus differential HBP gene regulation may offer diagnostic utility and provide candidate susceptibility genes for different ethnic groupings...
- Exercise training increases protein O-GlcNAcylation in rat skeletal muscleKristin Halvorsen Hortemo
Institute for Experimental Medical Research, Oslo University Hospital and University of Oslo, Oslo, Norway Center for Heart Failure Research, University of Oslo, Oslo, Norway
Physiol Rep 4:. 2016..transferase (OGT), O-GlcNAcase (OGA), and glutamine fructose-6-phosphate amidotransferase isoforms 1 and 2 (GFAT1, GFAT2)...
- Hexosamine biosynthesis in keratinocytes: roles of GFAT and GNPDA enzymes in the maintenance of UDP-GlcNAc content and hyaluronan synthesisSanna Oikari
Institutes of Biomedicine Department of Dentistry, University of Eastern Finland, Yliopistonranta 1E, PO Box 1627, Kuopio 70211, Finland
Glycobiology 26:710-22. 2016..Silencing of these enzymes also changed the gene expression of related enzymes: GNPDA1 siRNA induced GFAT2 which was hardly measurable in these cells under standard culture conditions, GNPDA2 siRNA increased GFAT1, and ..
- A global RNA-seq-driven analysis of CHO host and production cell lines reveals distinct differential expression patterns of genes contributing to recombinant antibody glycosylationJennifer D Könitzer
Division Research Germany, Boehringer Ingelheim Pharma GmbH and Co KG, Biberach Riß, Germany
Biotechnol J 10:1412-23. 2015..Such data improve future production clone selection and process development strategies for better steering of biotherapeutic product quality. ..
- Hyperglycaemia and lipid differentially impair mouse oocyte developmental competenceSiew L Wong
Robinson Research Institute, School of Paediatrics and Reproductive Health, The University of Adelaide, Medical School, Frome Road, Adelaide, SA 5005, Australia
Reprod Fertil Dev 27:583-92. 2015..001). These findings partially implicate the mechanism of O-GlcNAcylation and ER stress as likely contributors to compromised fertility of obese women. ..
- Effect of epidermal growth factor-like peptides on the metabolism of in vitro- matured mouse oocytes and cumulus cellsDulama Richani
Research Centre for Reproductive Health, Discipline of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, The Robinson Institute, School of Paediatrics and Reproductive Health, The University of Adelaide, Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
Biol Reprod 90:49. 2014..These metabolic alterations may be a mechanism by which EGF-like peptides increase oocyte developmental competence. ..
- High-throughput functional genomics identifies genes that ameliorate toxicity due to oxidative stress in neuronal HT-22 cells: GFPT2 protects cells against peroxideJürgen Zitzler
Xantos Biomedicine AG, Max Lebsche Platz 31, D 81377 Munich, Germany
Mol Cell Proteomics 3:834-40. 2004..Thus, GFPT appears to be conserved among yeast and men as a critical target of methylmercury and ROS-induced cytotoxicity...
- Changes in granulosa cells' gene expression associated with increased oocyte competence in bovineAnne Laure Nivet
Departement des Sciences Animales, Pavillon INAF, Faculté des sciences de l agriculture et de l alimentation, Centre de Recherche en Biologie de la Reproduction, Universite Laval, Quebec, Quebec, Canada G1V 0A6
Reproduction 145:555-65. 2013..This preliminary analysis supports the potential role of the follicular differentiation in oocyte quality both during competence increase and decrease phases...
- An in vitro investigation of metabolically sensitive biomarkers in breast cancer progressionNatalie E Simpson
Division of Biochemical Toxicology, National Center for Toxicological Research, Jefferson, AR 72079, USA
Breast Cancer Res Treat 133:959-68. 2012..It also further emphasizes the importance of glutamine metabolism in tumor progression and that inhibitors of cellular metabolic pathways may join histone deacetylase inhibitors as a form of epigenetic therapy...
- Genes linked to energy metabolism and immunoregulatory mechanisms are associated with subcutaneous adipose tissue distribution in HIV-infected menMarguerite Ryan Irvin
Department of Epidemiology, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Alabama, USA
Pharmacogenet Genomics 21:798-807. 2011..Genetic studies may help explain abnormalities of fat distribution in HIV-infected patients treated with antiretroviral therapy (ARV)...
- Cardiac O-GlcNAc signaling is increased in hypertrophy and heart failureIda G Lunde
Institute for Experimental Medical Research, Oslo University Hospital Ullevaal, Oslo, Norway
Physiol Genomics 44:162-72. 2012..OGT, OGA, and GFAT2 protein and/or mRNA levels were increased by pressure overload, while neither was regulated by myocardial ..
- Cloning and characterization of mouse glutamine:fructose-6-phosphate amidotransferase 2 gene promoterK Yamazaki
Tsukuba Research Laboratories, Eisai Co, Ltd, 5 1 3, Tokodai, Tsukuba, 300 2635, Ibaraki, Japan
Gene 261:329-36. 2000..In this study, we cloned the 5'-flanking region of the mouse GFAT2 gene and characterized its promoter activity...
- Association analysis of ADPRT1, AKR1B1, RAGE, GFPT2 and PAI-1 gene polymorphisms with chronic renal insufficiency among Asian Indians with type-2 diabetesPushplata Prasad
Department of Genetics, University of Delhi South Campus, New Delhi, India
BMC Med Genet 11:52. 2010....
- Derivation of a novel undifferentiated human foetal phenotype in serum-free cultures with BMP-2Sayed Hadi Mirmalek-Sani
Centre for Human Development, Stem Cells and Regeneration, Bone and Joint Research Group, Developmental Origins of Health and Disease Division, University of Southampton, Southampton, UK
J Cell Mol Med 13:3541-55. 2009....
- Genome-wide identification of aberrantly methylated promoter associated CpG islands in acute lymphocytic leukemiaS Q Kuang
Department of Leukemia, University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Leukemia 22:1529-38. 2008..This is the largest published list of potential methylation target genes in human leukemia offering the possibility of performing rational unbiased methylation studies in ALL...
- Gene expression pattern of functional neuronal cells derived from human bone marrow mesenchymal stromal cellsTatiana Tondreau
Institut Jules Bordet, Universite Libre de Bruxelles, Laboratory of Experimental Hematology, 121, Bd de Waterloo, 1000 Brussels, Belgium
BMC Genomics 9:166. 2008..Indeed, many studies have demonstrated that MSC can give rise to neuronal cells as well as many tissue-specific cell phenotypes...
- Glutamine fructose-6-phosphate amidotransferase (GFAT) gene expression and activity in patients with type 2 diabetes: inter-relationships with hyperglycaemia and oxidative stressVedantham Srinivasan
Madras Diabetes Research Foundation and Dr Mohan s Diabetes Specialties Center 6B, Conran Smith Road, Gopalapuram, Chennai, India
Clin Biochem 40:952-7. 2007..a role for the rate-limiting enzyme for hexosamine biosynthesis, glutamine:fructose-6-phosphate amidotransferase (GFAT) in insulin resistance...
- Mutations in gfpt1 and skiv2l2 cause distinct stage-specific defects in larval melanocyte regeneration in zebrafishChao Tsung Yang
Department of Genetics, Washington University School of Medicine, Saint Louis, Missouri, United States
PLoS Genet 3:e88. 2007..We suggest that mechanisms of regeneration identified in this mutant screen may reveal fundamental differences between the mechanisms that establish differentiated cells during embryogenesis, and those involved in larval or adult growth...
- Phosphorylation of mouse glutamine-fructose-6-phosphate amidotransferase 2 (GFAT2) by cAMP-dependent protein kinase increases the enzyme activityYong Hu
Department of Cell Biology, Division of Endocrinology, Diabetes, and Metabolism, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, Alabama 35294, USA
J Biol Chem 279:29988-93. 2004..by a new gene with approximately 75% homology to glutamine-fructose-6-phosphate amidotransferase (GFAT) was termed GFAT2 on the basis of this similarity...
- A novel variant of glutamine: fructose-6-phosphate amidotransferase-1 (GFAT1) mRNA is selectively expressed in striated muscleJ E DeHaven
Department of Medicine, Division of Endocrinology, Diabetes and Medical Genetics, Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston 29425, USA
Diabetes 50:2419-24. 2001..GFAT1 is ubiquitous, whereas GFAT2 is expressed mainly in the central nervous system...
- Genome-wide association study confirms SNPs in SNCA and the MAPT region as common risk factors for Parkinson diseaseTodd L Edwards
John P Hussman Institute for Human Genomics, University of Miami, FL 33136, USA
Ann Hum Genet 74:97-109. 2010..79] T vs. C allele, PAR%= 8%) were genome-wide significant. No other SNPs were genome-wide significant in this analysis. This study confirms that SNCA and the MAPT region are major genes whose common variants are influencing risk of PD...